6.7

1. Mar 30, 2013
    I thought the controls were clunky and the game was boring. Maybe it took a while to get into but I wont give a game that much time to "get better" like some.
  2. Apr 21, 2014
    It's an add on idea that really allows for more role playing, but feels dull.

The adoption mechanic is pointless, as you never feel the relationship between you and your kids that it promises. It's ultimately Minecraft - Skyrim edition, but the house mechanics allow for a lot of gameplay, constantly running back and forward around Skyrim for iron ingots and glass and straw to create
    your home.

The lack of real quests and such annoys me, but it is only $7AU to buy, and promises about 2 hours+ of creating each of your homes. The pet mechanic however I enjoyed, fun to have a home for the many beasts you find around the lands, and also keeping them safe.

So 6/10 from me

1. You can build a house. And put stuff in it. That's about it. [April 2013, p.88]
  2. Mar 22, 2013
    Hearthfire will appeal to the player that has made enough headway to justify buying the add-on but for those constantly on the road or haven’t been burdened yet with too much stuff to carry around, it might seem too superfluous to justify the purchase.
  3. Mar 14, 2013
    If you have the soul of an interior designer, then it's time for you to celebrate. Hearthfire will give you hours and hours of building your perfect home with all its new features. On the other hand, this DLC does not include any plot related content, so if the only thing you seek is adventure, this DLC is not suited for you.