6.5

1. Dec 6, 2011
    It could really be the GOTY favourite, but PS3 version is so screwed up that in fact it cannot be played to its full extent at all. FPS down to zero, broken quests, dragons glitch and so on, it can't be played until it gets fixed.
  2. Dec 6, 2011
    Broken, laggy, and full of bugs. This is a very poor release on Bethesda's part and anyone who rates this game over a 6 hasn't put any honest time into it. Don't waste your money here till we get serious confirmation of game play enhancing patches.
  3. Dec 6, 2011
    This game is still under production DO NOT BUY IT.IT has lags,freezes ans serious bugs.This thing is a giant bug that can ruin even your PS3.it's awfull.It has many many flaws
  4. Dec 6, 2011
    I bought Skyrim with the intention to play until my hands bled. I was really looking forward to play the game and at first I could! For about 45 hours playing Skyrim was more or less amazing, not including all the bugs I am used to in a Bethesda game. But after 45 hours the game started to freeze, crash and generally stop acting like it should. 50 hours in, its impossible to play anymore.I bought Skyrim with the intention to play until my hands bled. I was really looking forward to play the game and at first I could! For about 45 hours playing Skyrim was more or less amazing, not including all the bugs I am used to in a Bethesda game. But after 45 hours the game started to freeze, crash and generally stop acting like it should. 50 hours in, its impossible to play anymore. I have read on the Bethesda forums that its not just me that is having problems, even IGN have written an article about this! It seems the problems lies with the size of our saved games, something that most PS3 gamers will suffers from sooner or later. Unfixable! I am sorry Bethesda, I cant accept this, regard my vote as trhe last thing you will ever hear from me. Expand
  5. Dec 6, 2011
    The game is broken. Dont buy it. When you play 100 hours ( more or less) the game becomes unplayable. Bethesda can´t go off so easily. They must pay for try sell us a broken product.
  6. Dec 6, 2011
    I own the PS3 version of this game and because of the immense amount of game breaking bugs I cannot and will not recommend this game to anyone. Bethesda knowingly released a broken game to the public. This a shameful act and therefore the score needs to reflect that. The only reason it gets a 2 instead of 0 is because when the game works its a lot of fun but right now my copy isI own the PS3 version of this game and because of the immense amount of game breaking bugs I cannot and will not recommend this game to anyone. Bethesda knowingly released a broken game to the public. This a shameful act and therefore the score needs to reflect that. The only reason it gets a 2 instead of 0 is because when the game works its a lot of fun but right now my copy is unplayable so the score will reflect it. Expand
  7. Dec 6, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The game works for a week. When you get deep into quests and storyline PS3 just can't handle all the data. Then the GAME GET'S IMPOSSIBLE TO PLAY. Lag, low fps and freezes the ps3 on about 5% of the loading screens, forcing you tu reset the console.

Sony, you should demand this guys.

Bad move Bethesda.
  8. Dec 6, 2011
    This game is unplayable and NOT FIT TO BE ON SHELVES!

Logically, the issue cannot be exclusively hardware â
  9. Dec 6, 2011
    The publisher doesn't care for the PS3.I want my money back.This thing is unplayable unfortunately.It's a gross.After your save hits 6 MB lag and freezes will be your amusement.
  10. Dec 8, 2011
    Skyrim is not what it seems.It's a laggy laggy laggy game on the PS3.Patches dont help.DO NOT BUY it.It freezes and lags as hellIt can ruin your PS3.
  11. Dec 8, 2011
    10/10 for most professional reviews?I wonder how much have you played this game?This game it has bugs ok,it has freezes ok but IT HAS SUCH AN ANNOYING LAG.that's not ok.Beth doesn't care for us and wont gonna fix this.It worth a 0.
  12. Dec 12, 2011
    An incredible game when you first start, but the game degrades into a buggy mess the further you play, and the bigger your save file gets.
    I was hoping I wouldn't run into the same slow-down and bugs others people have complained about, (or that I've seen on youtube), and for the most part, the lag and slowdown wasn't that bad, the game was still playable. But then the crashing started. Crash after crash. Even with auto-saving turned off, I found the game would randomly freeze, with the auto-save msg at the top. (wait what?!) That's right, It was still auto-saving after I turned off ALL the auto-save options. I double, and triple checked. They were all disabled. There is a HUGE amount of bugs, new ones being discovered daily. It seems the PS3 players are beta testing for Bethesda..

The game at its core is beautiful, but with all these problems, it's BROKEN. This is the most unpolished buggiest game I have EVER played on a console. I play on a console to AVOID games crashing. Anyone on the fence about buying this game, goto the official Bethesda forums, the "Technical Issues" section for the PS3. Peruse some threads, and see for yourself just how insanely unfinished and broken this "GOTY" actually is...
  13. Dec 15, 2011
    BE WARNED! PS3 game is very broken and theres not much hope for it to ever work properly. It's so nice to play for tens of hours to find out that it becomes unplayable after that because of freezing and lagging + other "fun" glitches. If you have a chance of returning the game, DO IT and demand you get your money back. It's just unreal how Bethesda f***s their fanbase with such brokenBE WARNED! PS3 game is very broken and theres not much hope for it to ever work properly. It's so nice to play for tens of hours to find out that it becomes unplayable after that because of freezing and lagging + other "fun" glitches. If you have a chance of returning the game, DO IT and demand you get your money back. It's just unreal how Bethesda f***s their fanbase with such broken release!
    GOTY my ass.
  14. Dec 5, 2011
    The game was great until it become unplayable. The outside world (and sometimes even inner buildings) began to perform like a slow paced power point presentation after I put many hours into the game. Hopefully Bethesda will at least provide a fix to make the game somewhat playable at least. I had the occasional slow downs in my many hours put into Oblivion and Fallout 3 on PS3, but this isThe game was great until it become unplayable. The outside world (and sometimes even inner buildings) began to perform like a slow paced power point presentation after I put many hours into the game. Hopefully Bethesda will at least provide a fix to make the game somewhat playable at least. I had the occasional slow downs in my many hours put into Oblivion and Fallout 3 on PS3, but this is just ridiculous. I cannot recommend this game to anyone at this point in time (at least on PS3). Expand
  15. Dec 6, 2011
    Love the game, hate the problems. My game is very much unplayable at the moment. It freezes and crashes at least once an hour. The frame rate is so glitchy it is unplayable. The patch did nothing at all. Wish I had bought it for my XBox now. I would have if I'd of known the issues, but I like the PS3 controller a lot better than the Xbox one. I'm so far in my game there is nooooo way I'mLove the game, hate the problems. My game is very much unplayable at the moment. It freezes and crashes at least once an hour. The frame rate is so glitchy it is unplayable. The patch did nothing at all. Wish I had bought it for my XBox now. I would have if I'd of known the issues, but I like the PS3 controller a lot better than the Xbox one. I'm so far in my game there is nooooo way I'm starting over on the Xbox, not to mention Bethseda doesn't deserve my money twice when they f'd up the PS3 version so badly. How can you release it in this condition? If they can't fix it within a few months I say refund all PS3 purchasers. Hurt them where it counts, their pockets. I cannot recommend this game on any platform because I have only played it on PS3 and it is after a certain point unplayable. I hear Xbox is having a few issues of it's own too. Expand
  16. Dec 10, 2011
    DO NOT BUY SKYRIM! The game is broken, and not playable on the PS3. It is a fantastic game for the first couple of hours. But the frame rate will drop, until it is unplayable after some hours of gameplay.i can't believe a broken game could even win VGA...
  17. Dec 6, 2011
    The game is beautiful... if it would work! If the game would be working I'd give it a 9 but this game is clearly the biggest flop to ever be created. The framrate drop and the overwhelming bugs are just gamebreaking. Do not get this game until they fix it... if they ever will.
  18. Dec 6, 2011
    I give this game a 10 all the way!!!.......until the lag kicks in. The fact that this game was released in such a broken state is unbelievable and completely inexcusable. I highly suggest holding off on the purchase of this game until you begin to see the complaints on the Bethesda forums go WAAAYYY down! At this point in time, the game is broken. Don't waste your money. Continually checkI give this game a 10 all the way!!!.......until the lag kicks in. The fact that this game was released in such a broken state is unbelievable and completely inexcusable. I highly suggest holding off on the purchase of this game until you begin to see the complaints on the Bethesda forums go WAAAYYY down! At this point in time, the game is broken. Don't waste your money. Continually check the forums for updates on the progress of its updates and game-breaking bug fixes. Expand
  19. Dec 6, 2011
    This rating is specifically for the ps3 version which is currently completely broken for myself and if you believe the forums, a great many others.

Pre patch 1.2 I very much enjoyed this game and would have rated it around a 9/10 but now with it crashing constantly when walking through any door its unplayable and I worry about the risk to my new ps3 with having to constantly reboot it. The developer, Bethesda have said a new patch is coming but that was days ago and they have not been forthcoming with information which given the current state of the game on ps3 is unforgivable.
  20. Dec 6, 2011
    I really, really wanted to love this game but I just can't recommend it in its current condition. After 65 hours of play, it just collapsed on me with serious lag, it was like playing a slideshow. Quest items began to disappear and dragons flying backwards made the game impossible to progress. I would love to have the faith of others that a patch will fix it but I'm still waiting forI really, really wanted to love this game but I just can't recommend it in its current condition. After 65 hours of play, it just collapsed on me with serious lag, it was like playing a slideshow. Quest items began to disappear and dragons flying backwards made the game impossible to progress. I would love to have the faith of others that a patch will fix it but I'm still waiting for patches to fix Fallout and Oblivion.

Took it back and got a refund instead. Wake up Bethesda. You could make great games if you learnt how to make them work properly :( .
  21. Dec 6, 2011
    Let me start off by saying this game started out fantastic. The story is great, the music is epic, the environs are outstanding.... But there is just too many bugs. especially on the ps3 version. The lag is horrible, we all know this, bethesda knows this, they just dont seem to care... i originally would have given this game a 9 or 10, but it gets a 3 because of bethesda's continuedLet me start off by saying this game started out fantastic. The story is great, the music is epic, the environs are outstanding.... But there is just too many bugs. especially on the ps3 version. The lag is horrible, we all know this, bethesda knows this, they just dont seem to care... i originally would have given this game a 9 or 10, but it gets a 3 because of bethesda's continued tight-lipped reaction to it, and the proverbial middle finger they keep giving to their customers. Expand
  22. Dec 6, 2011
    As most of the owners of Skyrim on PS3 i rushed to buy the game on its release date, i played without any problems the first two weeks, 41 hours total. After that the game was literally a slideshow! Patch 1.2 came up, didn´t fix the lag at all and the game is unplayable. I rushed to the forums, and surprise!! everyone on the PS3 having the same issue, it's really a majorAs most of the owners of Skyrim on PS3 i rushed to buy the game on its release date, i played without any problems the first two weeks, 41 hours total. After that the game was literally a slideshow! Patch 1.2 came up, didn´t fix the lag at all and the game is unplayable. I rushed to the forums, and surprise!! everyone on the PS3 having the same issue, it's really a major problem. I give the game a 0 score because you can´t play the game at all once the lag comes. I hope Bethesda fix this problem, but it is a shame that they released Skyrim with this HUGE problem, there is no way that Bethesda did not know about the lag before release. Expand
  23. Dec 6, 2011
    This game is completely broken. Shame on Bethesda for releasing this clearly unfinished game. Go buy Batman or Uncharted or something that was actually completed before launch.
  24. Dec 6, 2011
    Ditto. Bethesda is selling a broken game to people for $60 + tax. Do not be the next one to be swindled. Very Disappointing. The lag and frame rate issues on the PS3 render the game unplayable for everyone at a certain point; Shame on Bethesda.
  25. Dec 6, 2011
    Despite of the first GREAT hours inside the world of Skyrim, it soon became a torture, where I couldnt play in that awesome open world, swing my axe in glory. The lagfest started and made it unplayable. Instead of telling people not to buy, I would recommend waiting for at least 3 more patches before buying it. A game that should be GOTY became the most shameful frustration of the year.
  26. Dec 6, 2011
    My save file is only at about 4MB right now, so I have yet to see the major lag issues (the game has crashed about 3 times, though) I am scoring this game a zero here as a gesture of solidarity with other PS3 Skyrim players who are experiencing this problem. I think it is unethical that Bethesda would release a game in such a condition. It is a tragedy because, like others, I feel thatMy save file is only at about 4MB right now, so I have yet to see the major lag issues (the game has crashed about 3 times, though) I am scoring this game a zero here as a gesture of solidarity with other PS3 Skyrim players who are experiencing this problem. I think it is unethical that Bethesda would release a game in such a condition. It is a tragedy because, like others, I feel that this would have been one of the greatest video games ever made. Now, I'm off to to wait for the inevitable onset of lag, as if I were sitting with a terminally ill loved one. Expand
  27. Dec 6, 2011
    Sigh... I wanted to love this game as much as I did Morrowind and Oblivion and I did right up until the point my PS3 seemed to choke to death. Sure a reboot clears the problem for a short amount of time but the ugly problem of display lag appears again to taunt you one more time. What I have played is fantastic, it is only the framerates and broken quest lines that are the deal breaker forSigh... I wanted to love this game as much as I did Morrowind and Oblivion and I did right up until the point my PS3 seemed to choke to death. Sure a reboot clears the problem for a short amount of time but the ugly problem of display lag appears again to taunt you one more time. What I have played is fantastic, it is only the framerates and broken quest lines that are the deal breaker for me. I never expected zero bugs, just not such glaringly obvious ones. Expand
  28. Dec 7, 2011
    Bethesda has decided that they are going to treat PS3 users as Beta testers so they could release this game for the Christmas Season. I have tried calling them, e-mailing them asking for resolutions to the lag issues.

This game doesn't work. Don't buy it at all if you can help it.
  29. Dec 8, 2011
    Extremely poor, broken game. It's almost unplayable on the PS3 and the developer have no intentions of completely fixing it. The game should never have been released in this state.
  30. Dec 8, 2011
    BETHESDA=EPIC FAIL...I WON'T BUY ANYTHING IN THE FUTURE! EVEN IF IT WILL BE THE GAME OF THE GENERATION OR THE CENTURY! DO AN EXCLUSIVE XBOX GAME ONLY, OR IF YOU WANT EXTRA CASH FROM PS3 USERS DO IT RIGHT OR DON'T DO IT AT ALL...YOU WALK AROUND WITH XBOX T-SHIRTS AND YOU THINK PS3 USERS ARE STUPID...LET IT BE GOTY AND USER SCORE A POOR 5!
  31. Dec 8, 2011
    Buy this game for Xbox or the computer. Score on PS3 is a big fat ZERO. The game is amazing. But on PS3 it is completely broken. I should have known better after Fallout. Alarm bells were ringing for me when they did not release the PS3 version for review, but I had no idea it could be this bad. Bethesda has huge balls to outright lie the way they have been.
  32. Dec 5, 2011
    "Pirate this game, don't buy it"

"Pirate this game, don't buy it"

Skyrim is probably one of the best games I've played in my 25+ years of gaming, certainly a strong contender for best game this generation, and without a doubt a 2011 GOTY winner. Unfortunately, that only applies when the game actually lets you play, which isn't the case the majority of the time once your file size has reached a certain limit, then the game becomes a slide show as others have mentioned. With a game this ambitious you can expect there to be hiccups, but not of this magnitude, and what's most disappointing is how ignorant and unprofessional Bethesda has been in regards to these issues, and to their fans, the same fans who are the reason why great creative minds such as Todd Howard have a job that they love, something that most people are not fortunate enough to be blessed with, which poses the question. Does Todd Howard really love his job? is he truly as passionate as he's led us to believe? Because I for one would be ashamed to release such a mess and ask people to pay for it, then ignore their cries for help, unless of course my bottom line was dollar, which seems to be the case for Bethesda, such as musical talents who release some amazing work until their worth rises, then the hunger dies, the passion fades, and it just turns into a means to make another million. To anyone who is interested in buying this game, please reconsider, not only for the PS3 but for any platform. I'm against pirating, but I implore you to pirate this game, don't buy it. Steal from those who have stolen from so many of us and laughed all the way to the bank. Bethesda knew about these problems, they remained ignorant to them after many of their fans voiced their concerns, and continue to do so. Professional gaming sites such as IGN and EuroGamer have called you out Bethesda, and you are yet to respond. Because you simple don't care. There's a reason why Bethesda didn't ship out PS3 copies to review sites, instead forcing them to physically go to the store and purchase them on release day themselves. Because they knew the game was broken, but they didn't care. It's unfortunate really, makes me sad because games like this are a beacon of hope that the industry hasn't completely fallen victim to kinect like gimmicks and 60 dollar DLC packages. But after playing this game and seeing first hand how poorly it has been executed, it makes me realize that the gimmicks and rehashes aren't so bad after all, at you know that your getting a product that works.
  33. Dec 6, 2011
    DONT BUY THIS GAME!!! the game is broken, after you reach 6 mb in save file the game starts to lagg, after 8 mb you cant do nothing because the lag is so bad you cant play the game. the devopers dont even give us aswers and the historial of games is a mess. if you are thinking in buying this , DONT DO IT
  34. Dec 7, 2011
    I am sad and furious because now my game lags and freezes.I can't continue playing any more with this LAG. :( It's an awesome game but unplayable eventually.Beth can't keep doing that.It's a shame :( where is some dignity
  35. Dec 5, 2011
    I am giving this game a 0 in protest of all the bugs in this game. Bethesda refuses to comment or let it's paying customers know what is going on with this product and basically it is broken in it's current state. Right now I would advise people to avoid this game like the plague until it is working as intended. The longer you play, the worse it gets - I have a save with 140 hours gameplayI am giving this game a 0 in protest of all the bugs in this game. Bethesda refuses to comment or let it's paying customers know what is going on with this product and basically it is broken in it's current state. Right now I would advise people to avoid this game like the plague until it is working as intended. The longer you play, the worse it gets - I have a save with 140 hours gameplay and it freezes all the time, still getting texture glitches, backwards flying dragons, no resistances work, etc. It should not have been released yet, and some of us who paid $130 feel a bit ripped off. Expand
  36. Dec 8, 2011
    Game is Broken

Game is Broken

For the first 2 days of playing, I was thinking "wow this game is awesome". I was even flirting with the possibility that I liked the game more than Morrowind which is one of my favorite games of all time. Unfortunately as the hours went by and the save grew larger and larger and the lag crept in and the broken quests added up.... you get the point. The game is BROKEN, it becomes a slide show, you can't finish quests and I'm talking main storyline quests not miscellaneous junk. It's sad this game was released on 11/11/11 only because of greed. I mean that date was so cool it didn't matter that the game was BROKEN. Bethesda knew it too, they didn't even send out PS3 copies for review. Disgusting. I hope it can be fixed but as of now it's BROKEN.
  37. Dec 6, 2011
    I am unable to continue playing after reaching only level 4, this is unbearable to play and not worth any time spend on it, being unable to play after playing a few hours should not be allowed in this time and age...

worthless game
  38. Dec 6, 2011
    I hesitate to give the game a zero, but I feel it's the only way to help make our frustrated voices heard. The game is broken and should have never been released on the PS3. My brother owns the xbox 360 version, and with nearly the same amount of hours played, it runs amazingly better than mine. I have long load/save times, intense framerate drops, and constant freezes. For the first bunchI hesitate to give the game a zero, but I feel it's the only way to help make our frustrated voices heard. The game is broken and should have never been released on the PS3. My brother owns the xbox 360 version, and with nearly the same amount of hours played, it runs amazingly better than mine. I have long load/save times, intense framerate drops, and constant freezes. For the first bunch of hours I played, the game was fantastic, but if a game is ultimately broken, I fail to see reason to award it any points. Expand
  39. Dec 6, 2011
    Skyrim is BROKEN on the PS3 - the game becomes unplayable after your save file passes a certain file size. Do not waste your money. Bethesda is aware of this and has refuse to fix it or even publicly acknowledge this game-breaking bug.
  40. Dec 6, 2011
    When you start the game you are gripped with the shear size of the world you can explore. The storyline is interesting, combat is fun, however the longer you play the worse the game preforms. I purchased at midnight, got into the game appx. 70 hrs, hit around 9mb for my save file size and I began to get stuttering frame speeds, "lag" if you will, which turned the game unplayable. AfterWhen you start the game you are gripped with the shear size of the world you can explore. The storyline is interesting, combat is fun, however the longer you play the worse the game preforms. I purchased at midnight, got into the game appx. 70 hrs, hit around 9mb for my save file size and I began to get stuttering frame speeds, "lag" if you will, which turned the game unplayable. After the patches, all the workarounds, reinstalling game data and the like the game continues to freeze and crash intermitently after a few minutes of play to a few hours, you never know when it'll happen. The game in a true case of what could have been, glorious start, marvelous ideas but poor follow through and the consumers are the ones stuck with a broken not even half finished product. Stay away from this game unless you are a glutton for punishment and enjoy wasting your time. Expand
  41. Dec 6, 2011
    Broken. All available evidence suggests that they won't even be attempting to fix the major framerate issue, as it has been a problem with all of their most recent games. Don't buy this.
  42. Dec 6, 2011
    The PS3 version is virtually unplayable after your save file reaches a certain size. Lag, huge frame rate drops, quest breaking glitches, game breaking glitches, and did I mention lag? And it's a shame, too. The game could be a masterpiece if it worked.
  43. Dec 6, 2011
    this is a potentially a great game but as of now this game is broken on the PS3, the game starts out good but as you get farther into and log more hours the game becomes slower and begins to lag, and all that time you invested was for nothing, as of now this game is broken!
  44. Dec 6, 2011
    Having played both Xbox 360 (92 hours), and PS3 (48 hours) I can personally confirm that the lag issue is so extreme Skyrim is virtually unplayable. At first around the 40 hour mark it began as a stutter..then when I started killing a dragon on a mountain it began to lag a bit harder. Saved, restarted, seemed to help. Now logging back in, travelled to Riften..unable to walk in the townHaving played both Xbox 360 (92 hours), and PS3 (48 hours) I can personally confirm that the lag issue is so extreme Skyrim is virtually unplayable. At first around the 40 hour mark it began as a stutter..then when I started killing a dragon on a mountain it began to lag a bit harder. Saved, restarted, seemed to help. Now logging back in, travelled to Riften..unable to walk in the town without extreme slowdown. Only one ONE occasion did I ever have slow down on the 360 and i've doubled the play time and it hasn't happened again. It may, but right now it hasn't.

The game is broken and unplayable on PS3. I feel terribly sorry for PS3 owners who picked this up. Bethesda messed up. Zero score. No regrets.
  45. Dec 6, 2011
    What starts off as an epic adventure as advertised quickly becomes an exercise in patience as constant framerate drops and input lag plague the game a handful of hours into your play session. Unless you like playing the first 1/5 of every game and then restart, this is not for you.

It's unfortunate, but Bethesda gets a 2 for this as it stands now. Until patched, the game is unplayable.
  46. Dec 6, 2011
    What started as an amazing adventure turned into a nightmare after my save file exceeded 8MB. Donâ
  47. Dec 6, 2011
    Poteva essere un gioco stupendo...ma è afflitto da troppi problemi!! Sembra una versione beta: Lag esasperanti, bugs vari e hanno pure avuto il coraggio di rilasciare una patch che ha solamente creato ulteriori problemi! Non vi fidate dei voti delle recensioni della critica, ascoltate gli utenti. non buttate i vostri soldi!! Far uscire un gioco in queste condizioniPoteva essere un gioco stupendo...ma è afflitto da troppi problemi!! Sembra una versione beta: Lag esasperanti, bugs vari e hanno pure avuto il coraggio di rilasciare una patch che ha solamente creato ulteriori problemi! Non vi fidate dei voti delle recensioni della critica, ascoltate gli utenti. non buttate i vostri soldi!! Far uscire un gioco in queste condizioni è una presa in giro, una vera e propria TRUFFA! Expand
  48. Dec 6, 2011
    DONT BUY THIS GAME!!! the game is not fit for purpose, should never have been released in its current state Pre patch and now even worse post patch, The lag will escalte during your game play ultimately making the game un playable.

The main quests is bugged and chances are if it bugs out on you to bad you cant do a thing and so far neither has Bethesda. They refuse to acknowledge the extent of the lag issues still saying it only effects a few people. This game will corrupt your ps3 hard drive, crash your ps3, and freeze up forcing you to reboot the ps3. potentially causing further damage. STAY AWAY FROM THIS GARBAGE.
  49. Dec 8, 2011
    this game suks.it lags and freezes as hell.It doesn't worth a 10.It worths a zero.lags and freezes after your save file hits 5 mb.it's not worth buy it.Do not buy this game.
  50. Dec 11, 2011
    Do a search for PS3 and skyrim and youll see that its a horribly broken mess on this console. bethesda doesnt seem to care because all the good press means its still selling hand over fist and there is no money to be made in patching the game.
  51. Dec 10, 2011
    Bethesda has created something so beautiful as Skyrim. but if you're playing the PS3 version, you won't be able to enjoy it. Skyrim on the PS3 is a completely BROKEN game. I can deal with minor visual anomalies and the odd crash here and there. But the problem with the PS3 version of Skyrim is that you can't play for more than minutes without game breaking lag and constant freezes that canBethesda has created something so beautiful as Skyrim. but if you're playing the PS3 version, you won't be able to enjoy it. Skyrim on the PS3 is a completely BROKEN game. I can deal with minor visual anomalies and the odd crash here and there. But the problem with the PS3 version of Skyrim is that you can't play for more than minutes without game breaking lag and constant freezes that can kill your ps3. Expand
  52. Dec 10, 2011
    This is such a fantastic game... The lag is unbearable around 25+ hours in.afteThe game was hyped as you could play hundred's of hours on a single playthrough but sadly you wont get this satisfaction on ps3. They are saying the dlc for skyrim will be massive but this will just make the lag worse so I would have never bought this game if I knew what I know now. I am disapointed...
  53. Dec 11, 2011
    This game is broken. Many people get horrendous game-breaking lag after about 40 hours into the game. Don't buy the PS3 version until they get it fixed or you will be wasting your money.
  54. Dec 9, 2011
    Skyrim has a game breaking bug in the engine which will prevent you from playing further when you've spent enough time playing. The save file grows to a ridiculous size and at that point the game has deteriorated into a 0 fps slideshow. Thus,i don't recommend this game.It desrves a 0.
  55. Dec 7, 2011
    It's a bitter disappointment that I'm having to give Skyrim a negative review. For the first 30 or so hours of gameplay my time in this game's world was one of the most entertaining I've ever had on a console. The openness of the world was simply amazing. For nearly all of that play time I had barely even touched the main quest. I simply wandered the countryside and completed sideIt's a bitter disappointment that I'm having to give Skyrim a negative review. For the first 30 or so hours of gameplay my time in this game's world was one of the most entertaining I've ever had on a console. The openness of the world was simply amazing. For nearly all of that play time I had barely even touched the main quest. I simply wandered the countryside and completed side quests as I discovered them. I enjoyed the character building system, beautiful graphics and engrossing dungeon delving. Sadly after about 30 hours the framerate starting dropping. At first it was only a small annoyance but as my game time approached the 50 hour mark it got to the point that walking through a town was nearly impossible around 30 minutes after starting a new game session. The game would stutter so badly that it would actually pause for a few seconds at a time. Rebooting the PS3 resolves the issue temporarily, but after about 30 minutes it happens all over again. Bethesda released patch 1.2 which was supposed to resolve the issue and I have to say that it did make it better. I can now go about 45 minutes to an hour before the stuttering makes the game unplayable again. Unfortunately since patch 1.2 the game will now randomly crash with a hard freeze at any time. I've now stopped playing the game because of the frustration losing progress every time the game freezes. I hope to revisit it again in the future after the technical issues have been resolved. At this point I can not recommend playing this on the PS3 in its current state. Expand
  56. Dec 6, 2011
    Fix the lag and shadows and this would be a) 7.fix the quests etc and it's a 9. Fix the interface (horrible) and it's a 8.5

He lag is getting lots of publicity but there are also other fundamental issues. The questlines are short often tedious. Game balance could be better, especially for magic lovers. Npc interactions have taken significant steps back. The interface is a piece of junk. Can't even sort items and switching during combat using the favorites menu is clunky at best.
  57. Dec 6, 2011
    Unfortunate that I have to give my most anticipated game of this year a 2. Why does it get such a terrible score? Because after your save file grows between 7mb-8mb+ the game becomes completely unplayable. Why not give it a 0 then? Because this game is still amazing and I got an amazing 40 hours out of it and I thought that should count for something.
  58. Dec 5, 2011
    People buying this game on the PS3 should check to see if the major lag issue has been fixed on the PS3. The game should never have been released in this state as it becomes unplayable after a number of hours. Google "digital foundry skyrim lag" for details of the problem and why you should avoid the PS3 version for now.
  59. Dec 6, 2011
    Broken game....awesome the first however many hours until the lag sets in....beware....at first i didnt believe all the criticism this game was receiving but eventually the problems everyone has been mentioning (forums/boards, press) started to rear their ugly heads....if your on the fence about purchasing this game...do yourself a favor and either wait until they have patched it to atBroken game....awesome the first however many hours until the lag sets in....beware....at first i didnt believe all the criticism this game was receiving but eventually the problems everyone has been mentioning (forums/boards, press) started to rear their ugly heads....if your on the fence about purchasing this game...do yourself a favor and either wait until they have patched it to at least a satisfactory degree (highly unlikely) or save your money.... Expand
  60. Dec 8, 2011
    All these 10 reviews that say "There are bugs but it's a great game..." No, if there are bugs it's not a perfect 10. Especially when these bugs are game-breaking for PS3 and cause frequent hardware lockups. Bethesda should be ashamed they rushed this to release in this condition and should be appalled by their handling of this. Advising people buy $180 SSD drives to band aid their problem?All these 10 reviews that say "There are bugs but it's a great game..." No, if there are bugs it's not a perfect 10. Especially when these bugs are game-breaking for PS3 and cause frequent hardware lockups. Bethesda should be ashamed they rushed this to release in this condition and should be appalled by their handling of this. Advising people buy $180 SSD drives to band aid their problem? Having the VP of PR ridicule consumers via social media? This many negative reviews has nothing to do with some type of organized internet attack. It has everything to do with a game that was released too soon and a company whose arrogance has peeved a lot of people off. You don't get negative press like this if there aren't problems. Expand
  61. Dec 8, 2011
    A broken unplayable game. I'm not going to play this anymore. And I'm definitely not going to buy any other Bethesda games if they won't fix this. This is such a shame. There's actually a good game hidden under the broken mess
  62. Dec 5, 2011
    Broken, unplayable junk. A product like this should never have been shipped. Bethesda should feel ashamed for putting out a game in such a state. For anyone wondering what I'm talking about, there's a game breaking bug in the engine which will prevent you from playing further when you've spent enough time playing. The save file grows to a ridiculous size and at that point the game hasBroken, unplayable junk. A product like this should never have been shipped. Bethesda should feel ashamed for putting out a game in such a state. For anyone wondering what I'm talking about, there's a game breaking bug in the engine which will prevent you from playing further when you've spent enough time playing. The save file grows to a ridiculous size and at that point the game has deteriorated into a 0 fps slideshow. Apparently this is an engine issue so there's nothing Bethesda can do about it but they decided to ship this game anyway because they're greedy dirtbags. Same stuff happened with Fallout 3 but it wasn't as pronounced. Expand
  63. Dec 5, 2011
    I'm giving this game 1 star. Bethesda intentionally shipped a broken version of the game on PS3 and I would bet at this moment they have no idea of how to address the issue. The issue is lag. After a period of time playing the game and your save file size starts to exceed 7mb, The game will start lagging so bad that it becomes impossible to play. I have played this game today and itI'm giving this game 1 star. Bethesda intentionally shipped a broken version of the game on PS3 and I would bet at this moment they have no idea of how to address the issue. The issue is lag. After a period of time playing the game and your save file size starts to exceed 7mb, The game will start lagging so bad that it becomes impossible to play. I have played this game today and it has crashed 7 times. Everyone who is having these problems with Skyrim on thier PS3 should be trading their games in to keep Bethesda from taking money from customers and selling them a broken product. Expand
  64. Dec 6, 2011
    Unplayable frame rate issues. Game is unusable after 30 hours play. Save your money and buy something else. Check the forums on bethsoft for information. you never know, they might break a habit and fix it.
  65. Dec 6, 2011
    Horrible. Just, horrible. Here I was enjoying what seemed to be a masterpiece in gaming, then I hit the 60 hrs mark, and slowly but surely the lag became more and more pronounced. I can live with all the other bugs: the flying mammoths, the inability to finish certain quests, the game freezing, etc. But this single digit fps is unbearable! Do yourself a favor and avoid this game untilHorrible. Just, horrible. Here I was enjoying what seemed to be a masterpiece in gaming, then I hit the 60 hrs mark, and slowly but surely the lag became more and more pronounced. I can live with all the other bugs: the flying mammoths, the inability to finish certain quests, the game freezing, etc. But this single digit fps is unbearable! Do yourself a favor and avoid this game until a patch comes out to resolve this issue. You don't want to be like the rest of us who paid $60 and are unable to get a full refund. Save yourselves the headache and SKIP THIS GAME!!!!

BTW: It shows clueless these gaming websites are when they just give this game 90+ scores. Did they just play it for a few hours and then judged it?! Great journalism guys.
  66. Dec 6, 2011
    Skyrim, a world that is broken & truly flawed.
    Skyrim, a world that is broken & truly flawed.
    If you are a PS3 owner I cannot recommend that you buy this game, the sheer amount of bugs, glitches & very poor programing from developer Bethesda simply destroy what could have been an amazing game. DO NOT believe the hype & inflated critic reviews, believe the gamers who forked out there hard earned cash, who actually played the game & found it to be unplayable...
  67. Dec 6, 2011
    Unfortunately this game is broken. Many people get horrendous game-breaking lag after about 40 hours into the game. Don't buy the PS3 version until they get it fixed or you will be wasting your money.
  68. Dec 8, 2011
    This game is broken,broken,broken and broke.It has lags,lags,lags and lags.ANd what Beth does about it?DLC.Shame on you Beth.After your save file hits 6 MG your game will be ruined .DO NOT BUY this game.
  69. Dec 5, 2011
    Until this game is fixed it deserves nothing more than a 0 as it isn't fit for release or consumption by the public, PS3 owners should boycott Bethesda until they start releasing products that are done.
  70. Dec 5, 2011
    I was really hyped for this game. I wanted to spend my £40 to support the developers instead of pirating the game like a lot of people do. Now i'm wishing I never spent £40 on this game, because the PS3 is beyond broken, and from what I've read it's not a fixable issue. Bethesda went as far as not sending PS3 copies to companies that requested it. I can onlyI was really hyped for this game. I wanted to spend my £40 to support the developers instead of pirating the game like a lot of people do. Now i'm wishing I never spent £40 on this game, because the PS3 is beyond broken, and from what I've read it's not a fixable issue. Bethesda went as far as not sending PS3 copies to companies that requested it. I can only hope Bethesda let us refund our copies at full price, because this is absolutely cruel. Expand
  71. GWB
    Dec 5, 2011
    This game is a 10 for the first 20 hrs. then your save file becomes so large that it affects the performance of your ps3 and all the game breaking bugs and lag issues come to the surface. DO NOT BUY THIS GAME NEW! wait until the bugs are fixed (I still have faith that they will be) and the price drops.
  72. Dec 5, 2011
    This game had been released with large amounts of glitches and bugs, none as more transparent as the the PS3's LAG rendering the game basically unplayable and to add insult to injury Bethesda continues to ignore the plight of the PS3 Community at resolving this issue. Really hard to believe that Bethesda cares more about putting money in the pockets then they do about fixing there broken games.
  73. Dec 9, 2011
    GAMING SCANDAL OF THE YEAR. This is up their with Activisions release of the shocking Atari 2600 title E.T!

Bethesda took all of our money to fuel development costs for other systems. Beware, Skyrim is BROKEN and all we are hearing is HOT AIR. NEVER BUY BETHESDA AGAIN!!!

If it worked, it would be a 9/10. But it doesn't.
  74. Dec 6, 2011
    DONT BUY THIS GAME!!!!!the game is broken, after you reach 6 mb in save file the game starts to lagg, after 8 mb you cant do nothing because the lag is so bad you cant play the game...DO NOT BUY this game
  75. Dec 6, 2011
    It maybe be game is now a very very bad broken game , DO NOT BUY this on the PS3 until a patch is released that fixes it ! Come to the bethesda forums to see and talk with all of us we think we are deceived
  76. Dec 8, 2011
    Like many other users this was my most anticipated title of 2011. When the day finally came I almost cried tears of joy but that abruptly came to a halt. This game is....to say the least.....BROKEN to an unplayable degree once a certain playtime has been reached. It has a massive population of bugs and this being my first Bethesda game leaves me with a lasting sour taste in my mouth.Like many other users this was my most anticipated title of 2011. When the day finally came I almost cried tears of joy but that abruptly came to a halt. This game is....to say the least.....BROKEN to an unplayable degree once a certain playtime has been reached. It has a massive population of bugs and this being my first Bethesda game leaves me with a lasting sour taste in my mouth. Do not buy this game unless you enjoy constant freezing/crashing and game breaking lag that slows your game down to a turtles pace. Expand
  77. SxM
    Dec 5, 2011
    I would stay away from the ps3 version the game is unplayable after awhile and patch 1.2 isn't nothing but a bandaid work for a while but as soon as my file got around the 13 to 14mb mark. The lag was back and worse than be for the patch and also there are freeze's and hard lock's and no magic resistance after 1.2. The game was hyped as you could play hundred's of hours on a singleI would stay away from the ps3 version the game is unplayable after awhile and patch 1.2 isn't nothing but a bandaid work for a while but as soon as my file got around the 13 to 14mb mark. The lag was back and worse than be for the patch and also there are freeze's and hard lock's and no magic resistance after 1.2. The game was hyped as you could play hundred's of hours on a single playthrough but sadly you wont get this satisfaction on ps3. They are saying the dlc for skyrim will be massive but this will just make the lag worse so I would have never bought this game if I knew what I know now. Hopfully this will save some one the headache and disappointment i have been through. Expand
  78. Dec 5, 2011
    The PS3 version is completely unplayable. The patch actually made my game worse. Im about 150 hours into the game and it no longer works. Something needs to be done to help the people who bought the PS3 version. This is completely unacceptable. I would like my the game to be fixed, or I want a FULL refund.
  79. Dec 6, 2011
    Skyrim = the game with two faces. For the first 20-40 hours of gameplay, it seems generally fine with some bugs and glitches here and there, and then, the lag hits. The further your character progresses, the less time it takes for game-breaking lag to occur. Your followers start to go haywire, sometimes following you, sometimes deciding to hide in trees. Summoned creatures get in your waySkyrim = the game with two faces. For the first 20-40 hours of gameplay, it seems generally fine with some bugs and glitches here and there, and then, the lag hits. The further your character progresses, the less time it takes for game-breaking lag to occur. Your followers start to go haywire, sometimes following you, sometimes deciding to hide in trees. Summoned creatures get in your way while in dungeons and won't let you pass, forcing you to kill them. The perks system is really unbalanced: you have perks that aren't worth messing with at all and then perks that really eventually make your character too powerful and the game too easy on the normal (adept) difficulty level. Horses disappear and re-appear at will while riding through the mountains. I've experienced dead dragons move into one of the stormcloak camps, nowhere near where it was originally killed. After about 30 hours of gameplay, I decided to start leveling up my pickpocket skills, but guess what? Despite me never stealing or getting caught by various NPCs, the game constantly tells me I've already been caught trying to steal from each and every one. Thinking this was a problem with my save game, I loaded up several previous save game files, and it was messed up on all of them. Bethesda tech support may tell you to clear the cache, or they may tell you to delete and reinstall game data, which in a lot of cases, creates 'double dragon' syndrome, where two or more dragons can fly around and attack at any given time. Patch 1.02 created dragons that fly backwards, get stuck in the mountains, and ones that are apparently invincible. Virtually every quest in the game can be broken, including the main quest, making this a game that may not be able to be beaten for some. A game that can not be beaten deserves a score of zero, but I'm giving this a score of a 3, because the actual game design, for the most part, is pretty good. I'm done with this game until it can be fixed (which according to bethesda will NOT be fixed in the 1.03 patch). Mods at the official bethesda forums have told people to let bethesda enjoy their holiday and stop harping on them, a 31 day holiday that no one else in the country takes and not to expect anything until January. Expand
  80. Dec 8, 2011
    Game is broken. The longer you play, the worse it gets. Rumors going around that the PS3 version can not be 100% fixed, even through patches. Avoid. Buy the PC version, and PS3 and Xbox are broken.
  81. Dec 6, 2011
    Game would be great if it weren't completely broken. Bethesda flat out lied to all PS3 users when they said that Playstation 3 version is getting a lot of attention.
  82. Dec 5, 2011
    This game has alot of potential but it is hopelessly bugged and unplayable on the PS3 at this time. SKYRIM for PS3 is broken and should not be sold in it's current state. A full recall and refund is needed for this title on this platform.
  83. Dec 5, 2011
    Skyrim is another iteration of the never-ending Bethesda circus.

Skyrim is another iteration of the never-ending Bethesda circus.

While a completely epic game in terms of scope and story, the PS3-version is riddled with bugs, ranging from "slightly annoying" bugs like spell effects never going away causing adverse reactions from NPC instances, "this is bad" bugs like glitched out dragons never landing and/or flying backwards and - fresh off the 1.2 patch - the complete nullification of magic resistances and finally "this is completely game breaking" bugs like the classic lag and subsequent hard crash whenever you have explored too much.

It is literally impossible to play for more than 30 minutes after you have explored enough things to fill the cache, and it's a coin toss over whether it'll degrade "nicely" with increased stuttering (down to 1-2 fps), just crashing hard at a random point (prompting a system reboot and a file system check) or a failure to load a new area (the 40 second load screens just never end).

While I could write about how much there is to do and how fun it is, the truth is that the PS3 is simply not playable the way it's supposed to be played, and should be avoided like the plague.
  84. Dec 5, 2011
    This game is amazing... for the first 15 hours. Then it starts to lag so badly that you can't even play it, even with the patch all it does is lag lag lag lag lag ................l....a.....g...g.....LA....gG. A broken game doesn't deserve anything higher than a zero.
  85. Dec 5, 2011
    If this was a review of the first 10-20% of a game it would easily be a 9 or 10. As good as this game starts off, it only makes it that much more frustrating when the problems plaguing it become apparent and make the game almost unplayable. As other users have said, Bethesda released a broken game. As your save file grows the frame rate becomes horrid. If you want to play this game on theIf this was a review of the first 10-20% of a game it would easily be a 9 or 10. As good as this game starts off, it only makes it that much more frustrating when the problems plaguing it become apparent and make the game almost unplayable. As other users have said, Bethesda released a broken game. As your save file grows the frame rate becomes horrid. If you want to play this game on the PS3 I would wait and see if future patches can fix the issue before you buy it. Just don't hold your breath. Bethesda never completely fixed their previous games on PS3. So why should this one be any different? Expand
  86. Dec 5, 2011
    This version of the game is broken. Easily over 100 hours of playtime across three different characters lost to a game crippling performance issue.

Stay away.

You might be happy with the game Christmas morning... but get back to me by New Year's.
  87. Dec 5, 2011
    This game is completely unplayable. It is broken and I hope Bethesda knows it does because they have had this problem before with Fallout 3 and Fallout: New Vegas. Hopefully the next game Bethesda makes will be finished before they release it.
  88. Dec 5, 2011
    I used to play this game, but then my framerate took an arrow to the knee. This game is broken, unplayable after 10+ hours due to a issues with the framerate.
  89. Dec 6, 2011
    I would give this game a 10, but my game due to the file size bug has become unplayable for me, i can play for quite some time if i turn ALL autosaving off, which is just right down frustrating to do, saving after i open every door and sell every little item is rediculous.... especially with no quick save function, i cant even have more than 1 save file for my playthrough.... if i do theI would give this game a 10, but my game due to the file size bug has become unplayable for me, i can play for quite some time if i turn ALL autosaving off, which is just right down frustrating to do, saving after i open every door and sell every little item is rediculous.... especially with no quick save function, i cant even have more than 1 save file for my playthrough.... if i do the game crashes and forces me to do a hard restart which we all know can be damaging to your console system as well. As it is.... unplayable = 0 score. Expand
  90. Dec 5, 2011
    Bethesda has created a beautiful world with Skyrim... but unfortunately, if you're playing the PS3 version, you won't be able to explore it. Skyrim on the PS3 is a completely BROKEN game. I can deal with minor visual anomalies and the odd crash here and there. But the problem with the PS3 version of Skyrim comes from it's strange file-saving system. As you progress in the game andBethesda has created a beautiful world with Skyrim... but unfortunately, if you're playing the PS3 version, you won't be able to explore it. Skyrim on the PS3 is a completely BROKEN game. I can deal with minor visual anomalies and the odd crash here and there. But the problem with the PS3 version of Skyrim comes from it's strange file-saving system. As you progress in the game and explore the world, your save file gets bigger. As the save file gets bigger, the bugs become more and more apparent until they take over your entire gameplay experience. Here's just a few of the reported bugs that I have also experienced myself:
    - SEVERE frame rate drops (we're talking slide show, here)
    - Game freezes and crashes that become more frequent as you progress
    - Dragons that will not attack - Questlines that can't be completed due to quest givers being completely bugged.

These are just a few of the issues that the majority of PS3 players are experiencing. I wanted to love this game. I really did. I do love Bethesda games despite their bugs (which eventually do get fixed). But the conjecture here is that the PS3 just can't handle the engine that drives Skyrim, therefore, it may never be fixed. I, like many others, are short $60 and have a game sitting here that's no more useful than a place to set my drink.
  91. Dec 5, 2011
    I'm giving Skyrim a big fat juicy 0 simply because even though the game is great and looks amazing it has one thing wrong with it and we all know what that is LAG. The lagis game destroying and Bethesda's 1.2 patch HAS NOT FIXED THE LAG. Most people are pinning this on large save files and memory leaks. However a Fallout 3 and Fallout New Vegas head developer has quoted that the chances ofI'm giving Skyrim a big fat juicy 0 simply because even though the game is great and looks amazing it has one thing wrong with it and we all know what that is LAG. The lagis game destroying and Bethesda's 1.2 patch HAS NOT FIXED THE LAG. Most people are pinning this on large save files and memory leaks. However a Fallout 3 and Fallout New Vegas head developer has quoted that the chances of the PS3 version being fixed is slim to none. Bethesda have frankly knowingly released a game that is fundamentally broken and until they fix the PS3's lag problem and have the game running silky smooth. Then the game is just not worth buying as you will never be able to enjoy it to its fullest extent. That is IF they bother to fix it. Expand
  92. Dec 5, 2011
    To say that I'm disappointed by the PS3 version is an understatement & what angers me even more is the fact the Bethesda chose to release this faulty product knowing it was defective. Do not trust the high scores (at least for the PS3 version). Very much broken for the PS3, avoid at all costs. You have been warned!
  93. Dec 5, 2011
    Only Rating it down because of the framerate and quest bugs. Head to the PS3 tech support forums and check out the civil war going on there. Bethesda is not responding fast enough. A lot of features are bugged, like display cases, mannequins, houses, dragons, magic resistance, etc. This game should have not passed QC testing. I would give it a 10.
  94. Dec 6, 2011
    Shame on you Bethesda ! It's broken on PS3 and you don't care ? I'll wait to see Skyrim under 5$ to buy it on PC ! That's all you will get from me .
  95. Dec 6, 2011
    Skyrim: The most anticipated game of 2011. Don't be fooled by the hype, however, especially if you're a PS3 user. The game is, certainly, visually pleasing and full of depth. Locations are, within reason, unique and engaging at times. NPC's (Non-Player Characters) have schedules, moods (based on your actions) and other various quirks about them. On the one hand, this game is an amazingSkyrim: The most anticipated game of 2011. Don't be fooled by the hype, however, especially if you're a PS3 user. The game is, certainly, visually pleasing and full of depth. Locations are, within reason, unique and engaging at times. NPC's (Non-Player Characters) have schedules, moods (based on your actions) and other various quirks about them. On the one hand, this game is an amazing piece of artwork that should be lauded for it's goals. It reached for the heavens, and for a few, shining hours, it achieved it. The Perk system was brilliant, the leveling system was more than acceptable and the level scaling wasn't god-awful. Quests often had a good degree of 'feel' to them and NPC's certainly had personality. Who can forget Cicero?

What we COULD forget, however, is the incredible amount of bugs and holdups that come with playing the game at all. Sometimes, when joining the 'mages guild of skyrim', if you don't do exactly what you're told, you're completely stalled at this point. You can't go back and ask to try again, because the NPC just keeps expecting you to do it, but never actually realizes when you try to do said action again.

Be forewarned, however. PS3 users suffer an extreme case of exponential lag. When first playing the game is pristine and perfect, things move with ease, the graphics blend in ways that are purely amazing. As time goes by, however, you notice little bits of lag, nothing serious at first. Most of the time you won't even notice it right away, a slight jerkiness for a second after sprinting, a lag that goes as quickly as it comes after loading. 30-60 Hours later, however, it becomes much more pronounced. Entire areas will become lagged and jerky for 30 seconds to a minute, if you're lucky (sometimes, it just doesn't go away for some people). After that point, it becomes increasingly difficult to play. Lag increases exponentially as time played goes up and the save file becomes larger. What was once a mild amount of jerkiness becomes incredible amounts of choppiness. You might still get an hour or so, every time you reset your game. One hour, per reset. At most.

After playing for 75 hours with only a little bit of lag, in which I was incredibly lucky, things very quickly slowed to a crawl. The patch hit, and it seemed better for an extra ten hours or so, but it quickly went straight back to lag-fest-a-palooza. While this game is certainly an amazing work of art, it's more like the rip-off painting you got on the street corner that one time, for PS3 users. Pretty for all of a week or so, until you realize how completely worthless the painting is. Until the PS3 issues can be completely resolved, please avoid the PS3 version. PC/XBox are not nearly as bad right now.
  96. Dec 6, 2011
    As good as the game might be on the PS3 it can't be rated because it is currently unplayable. Reasons are summed up pretty well in this article: http://uk.ps3.ign.com/articles/121/1214016p1.html
  97. Dec 11, 2011
    This game is a crap.DO NOT BUY this game.There are so many problems in the version of ps3 that makes it unplayable.You will regret if you buy it.You wouldn't buy a game that is just full of bugs.You cannot even complete quests because there bugged and the frame drops are constant along with freezes
  98. Dec 5, 2011
    Unplayable laggy mess of a game! Do not buy this game in it´s current state! It all seemed promising at first and I loved the first few hours of the game, thought it was going to be my GOTY, well silly me. After a few hours the game suffered from horrible framerate issues that caused the game to be unplayable. I hope Bethesda get sued............. fuc*ers
  99. Dec 5, 2011
    This game is broken on ps3 , why would you buy a broken game. go to the major gaming websites and see for yourself, after 6 mb of file size the game is unplayable.

the proper score to a broken game is a BIG FAT ZEROOOOOOO
  100. Dec 5, 2011
    Giving it a 0 because Bethesda released a broken game on the Sony platform and appears to have gave little effort in optimizing their "NEW" engine on the PS3. Seems to me that it's the same old engine with no optimizations for the PS3's architecture and they released a broken game with issues that are so blatantly obvious that you have to wonder how these issues got past testing.

1. Official PlayStation Magazine Benelux
    Jan 2, 2012
    This is a game full of emotions for gamers who are willing to embrace it. A beautiful fantasy land that makes loading times a thing of the past and is full of surprises. Not only do you get a lot of variety in the locations, the gameplay offers a lot of different experiences as well. [December 2011, p.66]
  2. Dec 28, 2011
    I enjoyed Skyrim and I look forward to the DLC that we know is inevitably coming. If we looked at this honestly, though, this game probably should have been pushed back a month or so for more polish. It needed it and it still does.
  3. Playstation: The Official Magazine (US)
    Dec 17, 2011
    Skyrim is a gorgeous production that truly does justice to the words "roleplaying game." It doesn't just tell us a story, it gives us the chance to tell a story of our own. At its best, that's what an interactive art form should be all about. [Jan 2011, p.73]