6.4

1. Dec 7, 2011
    This is one of, if not the biggest game ive ever played. It has a good story too but does not flow as well as it needs to. If you want a gaming experience that absorbs you from morning till night this is your game. Just be prepared bugs, unfluid vocals and a game you can jack yourself up in a million ways. but the fact is is that skyrim is a game that although is flawed gives enoughThis is one of, if not the biggest game ive ever played. It has a good story too but does not flow as well as it needs to. If you want a gaming experience that absorbs you from morning till night this is your game. Just be prepared bugs, unfluid vocals and a game you can jack yourself up in a million ways. but the fact is is that skyrim is a game that although is flawed gives enough content and billions of ways to have one hell of a day. It couldve been the best game i ever played, but its bugs and unfluidity hold it back from being the best game ive ever played. The best though and the reason everyone should get this game is that it has something for everyone. Just explore for a few hours and youll find your place. It is a game big enough for everyone. Expand
  2. Dec 7, 2011
    Works perfectly well for me! I would call myself a casual gamer with a daytime job. So I usually play during evenings and have reached level 13 during 14 hour game time. The game contains smooth graphics, interesting story and landscape , huge landmass. A lot of features for a RPG and if you love RPGs, this is a must buy! I rather walk around then use any means of fast-transport and IWorks perfectly well for me! I would call myself a casual gamer with a daytime job. So I usually play during evenings and have reached level 13 during 14 hour game time. The game contains smooth graphics, interesting story and landscape , huge landmass. A lot of features for a RPG and if you love RPGs, this is a must buy! I rather walk around then use any means of fast-transport and I recommend it! The nature and world is stunning to live in and plot your way to fortune and fame. Expand
  3. Nov 16, 2011
    Bethesda has set the high standard with there Skyrim game. The only reason why I gave it a 9 is because I never give and thing a perfect score due to the fact that nothing is perfect and yes even Skyrim is not perfect. But only a few minor things Skyrim needs to correct. The glitches (which every game goes through) and a few minor fighting problems. The positive comments about Skyrim are,Bethesda has set the high standard with there Skyrim game. The only reason why I gave it a 9 is because I never give and thing a perfect score due to the fact that nothing is perfect and yes even Skyrim is not perfect. But only a few minor things Skyrim needs to correct. The glitches (which every game goes through) and a few minor fighting problems. The positive comments about Skyrim are, a rich true open world game that pulls you in and can lose yourself in the world of Skyrim. To it's story telling and dungeon adventuring every corner of this game is addictive to play. You can play it your way basically. If you don't like side quests or helping city folks in the land of Skyrim you don't have to. Play straight through the main story or open your mind and search the land of Skyrim to get lost in. There are only a few similarities with Skyrim to Oblivion (previous version of Elder Scrolls game). The best part about Skyrim is playing your character as ruthless or as kind as you want. And oh by the way expect twists and turns in game. You can really appreciate the creative thinking that went into Skyrim. Overall scores: Graphics 5/5, sound 5/5, fun factor 5/5, game play 4/5, replay value 5/5. Expand
  4. Nov 16, 2011
    This game is not meant for everyone. I say that because most Bethesda games are not meant for everyone. Lucky for me, I love this game. It is exactly what I would expect from Bethesda. A massive world where every inch can be explored. An extensive character level system where literally every stat can be upgraded to suit your character. I do not know why people would think this game wouldThis game is not meant for everyone. I say that because most Bethesda games are not meant for everyone. Lucky for me, I love this game. It is exactly what I would expect from Bethesda. A massive world where every inch can be explored. An extensive character level system where literally every stat can be upgraded to suit your character. I do not know why people would think this game would graphically rival something like Arkham City or Uncharted 3. Those maps are nowhere near as big. Honestly, it is everything I expected from Bethesda. This game is fantastic for the people who liked Oblivion and Morrowind or Fallout 3 and New Vegas. Expand
  5. Nov 20, 2011
    bugs here and there, but overall a great package that will last a very long time. i was a big fan of fallout 3, and this is very similar but with dragons!
  6. Dec 17, 2011
    There are two negative things I can say about this game. One is the lag issue on PS3. Sometimes, I would have to completely reset my system, just because the frame rate would drop so much I couldn't take two steps without it freezing for x number of seconds. The other negative, is THIS GAME IS SOOO ADDICTING! I couldn't get my laundry done or my dishes done or anything cuz I can't stopThere are two negative things I can say about this game. One is the lag issue on PS3. Sometimes, I would have to completely reset my system, just because the frame rate would drop so much I couldn't take two steps without it freezing for x number of seconds. The other negative, is THIS GAME IS SOOO ADDICTING! I couldn't get my laundry done or my dishes done or anything cuz I can't stop playing!!!!!! Expand
  7. Nov 20, 2011
    This game is a masterpiece. I am a person who was prejudiced against this game from before iteven came out. I do not like any previous Bethesda games really, with the massive world, detailed RPG elements and lack of a solid storyline unattractive qualities in a game. Skyrim is different. Easily accessablle menus and systems make the game seem less daunting, while also providing moreThis game is a masterpiece. I am a person who was prejudiced against this game from before iteven came out. I do not like any previous Bethesda games really, with the massive world, detailed RPG elements and lack of a solid storyline unattractive qualities in a game. Skyrim is different. Easily accessablle menus and systems make the game seem less daunting, while also providing more content than there was to be had in previous game. Gorgeous graphics (especially in the constellation skill building system- wow!) and an astouding attention to detail are but one reason to play the hell out of this thing. It is more additive than any shooter I have played (and I have burned hundreds of hours playing CoD games alone) with the mind-boggling number of quests and options for customization allowing the player to make their own Skyrim. If you want to only play the main storyline, you can, but I can assure you, you will be missing out. The greatest achievement here is the choice given to the player- you can explore the universe however and as extensively as you want. A barebones playthrough, or an every-nook-and-cranny approach (or anything in between) are equally possible and fun. To me, storyline is the most important part of games, and this game has a respectable plotline. While certainly not up there with the Bioware games (Mass Effect, KOTOR, check them out, they are amazing) the gameplay is more than enough to make this a splendid experience for anyone. The only reason I give this a 9 instead of a 10 is the occaisional glitches and bugs. This is unfortunately an issue, and you will sometimes get stuck in a corner or have some other problem, but it is extremely ppolished in comparison to previous games, particularly the laggy and bug-ridden Fallout New Vegas. No matter what your thoughts on previous Bethesda titles are, GET SKYRIM. No matter what games you like, GET SKYRIM. I promise you you will love this game to death, and you might well be playing it for that long too. Expand
  8. Dec 6, 2011
    Broken game, I reached 49 hours of play time and now my save file is so large that the game has a fps of 0.

I want a refund. ** COMPLETELY BROKEN ON THE PS3 ** The game contains an issue which has thousands of people complaining, from IGN to the official Bethesda boards. The game is big, it's ambitious, and it's amazing, but it's just not set up right on the PS3 system. Look at the links

I want a refund.

** COMPLETELY BROKEN ON THE PS3 ** The game contains an issue which has thousands of people complaining, from IGN to the official Bethesda boards. The game is big, it's ambitious, and it's amazing, but it's just not set up right on the PS3 system. Look at the links below, where a Fallout New Vegas developer explains why. http://forums.bethsoft.com/index.php?/topic/1303536-new-vegas-developer-comments-on-ps3-lag-issues/ http://uk.ps3.ign.com/articles/121/1213924p1.html http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-vs-ps3-skyrim-lag http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cUoDfO1pWto ** PLEASE NOTE ** The game may be worth picking up on the Xbox 360 or the PC, but until Bethesda completely fixes this issue for the PS3 version, people must be warned.
  9. USG
    Nov 18, 2011
    Skyrim is analogous to a cult movie but much more popular. Like previous Elder Scrolls titles, Bethesda has succeeded in immersing a gamer in their world. Many aspects of gameplay have been fixed since Oblivion and new features are added that come from Fallout. The new and the improved features have greatly enhanced the game, but there are some insignificant glitches present.
  10. Dec 16, 2011
    Best game I have ever played. Although there are lag issues, im giving this a 10 based on the fact that they will probably be patched. Lag issues not to be ignored. Thing is, so much good content. Worth buying for full price.
  11. Feb 22, 2012
    Yes, its the most massive game on platforms, yes it's got an intricate story and yes it is very fun. That being said, it gets really, really boring after about ten hours of playing time. It takes it self too seriously. Maybe I don't like video games that much, I just bought this because of the reviews, but I'd rather run around GTA IV's world if I'm going to waste time. Lots of effort toYes, its the most massive game on platforms, yes it's got an intricate story and yes it is very fun. That being said, it gets really, really boring after about ten hours of playing time. It takes it self too seriously. Maybe I don't like video games that much, I just bought this because of the reviews, but I'd rather run around GTA IV's world if I'm going to waste time. Lots of effort to play with little reward or purpose. Expand
  12. Dec 31, 2011
    Pro's: Addictive and immersive rpg, open ended exploration, nice visuals, fantastic music score. Con's: Long loading times, "samey" quests, VERY glitchy on PS3 platform. I have held back from writing a review until now. Some 80 hours in and luckily I have not had many of the major problems that have been expressed by users on this site, but it saddens me that such a potentially fantasticPro's: Addictive and immersive rpg, open ended exploration, nice visuals, fantastic music score. Con's: Long loading times, "samey" quests, VERY glitchy on PS3 platform. I have held back from writing a review until now. Some 80 hours in and luckily I have not had many of the major problems that have been expressed by users on this site, but it saddens me that such a potentially fantastic game should be marred by these technical issues. My score therefore reflects my experience of Skyrim, while my support goes out to those who feel angry conned and cheated.
    Although Skyrim doesn't bring anything new or revolutionary to the rpg table, the ability to explore a rich and vibrant land, fine tune your character, master various skills, make moral choices, and kill a few Dragons, make this the best rpg i've ever played. Within 30 minutes of gameplay you will become an inhabitant of Skyrim and will never want to leave. Long loading times while fast travelling or moving from room to room are a slight niggle.
    Anyone thinking of buying this for PS3 would be well advised to check out these user reviews before spending their hard earned, and for that reason alone I could not recommend this game on PS3 platform .
  13. Sep 28, 2012
    I will never again trust user reviews on Metacritic. Some of the guys here are idiots. The technical problems have been patched ffs! Skyrim is an amazing game that you never want to quit! There is so much to do and you can immerse yourself in it for hours upon hours! One of the best open-world RPG's ever, simply put.
  14. Jan 3, 2012
    This is the best game I have ever played, hands down. After 150hours I still play with a **** eating grin on my face. When you are fighting a dragon and the "dragon music" starts playing it is video game excellence. Nothing compares to Skyrim, nothing.
  15. Sep 20, 2012
    Except for some annoying bugs, is a masterpiece. Everything about the game play is perfect, missions, combat, upgrading weapons and armors.

I love this game.

I would have given it a score 9.7.
  16. Dec 31, 2011
    While The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim does not revolutionize the RPG genre it sure does bring fresh new content to the table. From epic scenery to ferocious dragon battles. The world of Skyrim left more to desire though, wishing for a more ambient and interactive world to explore. Don't get me wrong the world itself and detail of design of this game is amongst the best I've ever seen theseWhile The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim does not revolutionize the RPG genre it sure does bring fresh new content to the table. From epic scenery to ferocious dragon battles. The world of Skyrim left more to desire though, wishing for a more ambient and interactive world to explore. Don't get me wrong the world itself and detail of design of this game is amongst the best I've ever seen these past years. That's the main reason why I did not give this game a 10/10. Lost 1 point for lack of ambiance amongst the world. Exploring the world itself can take time and not to mention playing on "Master" difficulty will add plenty of hours to main quests and side quests. Whilst playing on anything below "Master" will definitely leave you wanting for more since the main quest is a bit short but can be elongated if the difficulty setting is changed. Then again, there are plenty of other quests the game provides you that will keep you busy through months, that is if you're the perfectionist or adventurer type. There are plenty of crafts to master from smithing to enchanting weaponry. I took another point off due to the basic level up system Skyrim has, while there are a variety of options there's not enough to say it is a true RPG leveling system. It follows more of the likes of Dragon Age, which is simplistic and does not really leave room to create unique characters from pures to hybrids. The giants are stronger than dragons debate I can say it is the difficulty level you're playing and the dragon you're fighting. A regular dragon is amongst the easiest, whilst a frost dragon can 1 hit KO the character. Most of these people complaining about the length obviously didn't take the time to change the difficulty setting of the game and just basically rushed through the main story instead of allowing themselves to enjoy this game. There's tons of books scattered around to collect that provide knowledge of certain areas, characters, history, organizations, and ect that can keep you busy reading if you're the person who enjoys expanding you're knowledge about Skyrim. I have to agree with some people stating some side quests left more to desire and that's another reason why I'm not giving this game a 10/10. About glitches and bugs found in Skyrim, we have to understand this is an open world sand box game so expect plenty of bugs and glitches. There's really nothing game breaking other than some words cannot be learned due to a bug on the game but does not necessarily impair you from completing quests.Overall this game is worth the $60.00 for players who are RPG fans. Many people claim this game is repetitive but which game isn't? FPS games = shoot/mission over/ cinematic/ infiltrate shoot/ mission over/ cinematic. That debate loses plenty of credibility fast as this game provides plenty of other options to keep yourself busy and away from monotonous dungeon clearing. Expand
  17. Jan 4, 2012
    Skyrim is a fantastic game that will keep you enthralled in it for hours. I have not come across any major bugs or errors since patch 2.0, though I'm not denying they existed earlier on. A true stunner of a game which manages to outdo the masterpiece that is its predecessor.
  18. Mar 14, 2012
    Ok, let's be honest, there are a lot of bugs and issues with this game.
    The fact it freezes forcing a restart roughly once every 3-4 hours, the fact your companions get stuck and then in some cases just disappear of the planet, the fact that some quests are bugged based on the fact you have already done and area, or 1/2 way through another quests that crosses this one.
    Despite all this, I
    Ok, let's be honest, there are a lot of bugs and issues with this game.

Despite all this, I think Skyrim is an excellent game. From a size point of view it will keep you busy for months, from the fact you can build your character the way you want, no preset classes. This gives amazing scope for trying something new. A tank mage for example. you decide hiow you want your character to progress.
    The freedom to basically wonder around doing any dungeon/cave/tower in any order you want is great. I've had one quest in my tracking list for 3 days but everytime I try to get to it I get distracted by something else.
    I like the construction skills potions/leatherworking/blacksmith are all fun to do without being too laborious. With the extra things like marriage, vampirism, lycanthropy it's a great game and none on the PS3 are larger. If you like RPGs you won't get bigger or one with more scope than this, so avoid at peril.

Just make sure you save the game often :)...just in case
  19. May 3, 2014
    After the slow start on PS3, the patch fixed most issues and the game is very good. There is so much to do, and while some things will become repetitive, this is still worth picking up. Hundreds of hours of potential gameplay.
  20. Feb 26, 2012
    I don't know whether people are drastically over-reacting or I just got lucky (I suspect a bit of both). But I didn't have issue one with the PS3 version of this game. No significant lag. No major glitches. No freezing. Nothing. And I've logged 85 hours so far and have completed the main story line. It's worth noting that I took Bethesda's advice and turned off auto-save. So I'mI don't know whether people are drastically over-reacting or I just got lucky (I suspect a bit of both). But I didn't have issue one with the PS3 version of this game. No significant lag. No major glitches. No freezing. Nothing. And I've logged 85 hours so far and have completed the main story line. It's worth noting that I took Bethesda's advice and turned off auto-save. So I'm sure that helped out tremendously. The only complaints, if you want to call them that, I have are the loading times and the lackluster story. Don't get me wrong, the story was decent enough. But it never really got its hooks in me where I couldn't wait to see what was going to happen next. And I can give the load times a pass considering the absolutely mammoth size of the game. Overall, this was the most fun I've had with a game in at least a couple years. I hate that so many people missed out on this truly amazing experience because of technical issues. Expand
  21. Jan 1, 2012
    I can't believe the amount of 0 scores other gamers give to this game. The lag gets bad only after few hours of straight gameplay. It worked fine for me when I only played 2-3 hours at a time and kept my save files town to 5 per game. The game isn't as buggy or laggy as most of the reviews let you understand. 0 score means that the game is unplayable and it doesn't work. Skyrim howeverI can't believe the amount of 0 scores other gamers give to this game. The lag gets bad only after few hours of straight gameplay. It worked fine for me when I only played 2-3 hours at a time and kept my save files town to 5 per game. The game isn't as buggy or laggy as most of the reviews let you understand. 0 score means that the game is unplayable and it doesn't work. Skyrim however works just fine most of the time. So far I'm 111 hours in the game on my main character with all quest lines completed (still a lot of side quests remaining) and just started a new character with a different build. Skyrim is just fine on PS3. Bugs make it less enjoyable but it's amazing regardless. However I'd advise you to buy this for 360 or pc if possible. Expand
  22. Feb 6, 2012
    First of all, I've played around 65 hours worth of the game and have had little or no bugs, so my review will be based solely on that experience. If I was to sum up Skyrim in one word, it would be Epic. In fact, if it were possible I would change the meaning of Epic in the dictionary to Skyrim. The sheer scale of the game is absolutely mind-boggling. I haven't even touched the main questFirst of all, I've played around 65 hours worth of the game and have had little or no bugs, so my review will be based solely on that experience. If I was to sum up Skyrim in one word, it would be Epic. In fact, if it were possible I would change the meaning of Epic in the dictionary to Skyrim. The sheer scale of the game is absolutely mind-boggling. I haven't even touched the main quest yet, and I don't think I will for the foreseeable future, such is the sheer amount that can be done in the various side quests. I won't give a massive description of the game as I'm sure you already know what the game is all about. If you're looking for a game that gives you value for your money, Skyrim is an absolute steal, and for those who are experiencing bugs/glitches, I've heard that Bethesda will soon release a patch that they hope fixes these problems. Now go buy Skyrim! Expand
  23. Jan 4, 2012
    Skyrim is one of the best games made this year and is a truly immersing RPG which lets you tell your own story and has an amazing Depth and replay value. However, since the "patch" 2.0 there have been huge bugs with the frame rate and makes it almost unbearable to play when your save file reaches a size too big which is highly frustrating because it's so addicting adn you're always wantingSkyrim is one of the best games made this year and is a truly immersing RPG which lets you tell your own story and has an amazing Depth and replay value. However, since the "patch" 2.0 there have been huge bugs with the frame rate and makes it almost unbearable to play when your save file reaches a size too big which is highly frustrating because it's so addicting adn you're always wanting to play more! Expand
  24. Jan 5, 2012
    I have been gaming for well over 20 years, and this masterpiece is the apex of everything that I have ever played. The scenery is beautiful, the dungeons are epic, the NPCs actually have characterization! Hmm, let me think, what about this game has disappointed? Some CTDs, occasional lagging, but nothing too dramatic. Granted, I bought a new gaming laptop to play this game, so it isI have been gaming for well over 20 years, and this masterpiece is the apex of everything that I have ever played. The scenery is beautiful, the dungeons are epic, the NPCs actually have characterization! Hmm, let me think, what about this game has disappointed? Some CTDs, occasional lagging, but nothing too dramatic. Granted, I bought a new gaming laptop to play this game, so it is running on Ultra. I have not had bug-related problems, and the game loads quickly, even after 100+ hours of play time and a save file of over 11MB. The Elder Scrolls series continues to improve, even wildly surpass its predecessors. I have difficulty imagining any improvements that could be made to Skyrim -- although I'm sure there must be a few -- but I'll leave that to the modders. Thank you, Todd Howard and Bethesda! Expand
  25. Apr 9, 2012
    NOTE: This review is written after the FPS issue of the PS3 version of Skyrim was patched.
    Huge, realistic and epic at the same time. That's what this game is. After you get out of the tutorial dungeon, you have the free will to do what you want. In every sense of the word. You are free to go where ever you want to, interact with almost everything in the world, gain reputation as a hero or a villain, join different factions, etc. Every NPC has his/her own scedule that they repeat every day. There are literally hundreds of places to discover, quests to complete, things to do and enemies to defeat. The AI is one of the best of this generation (although some weird things can - and will - happen). The graphics are very beautiful and you will never get tired of them. Same with the music. It's simply beautiful. The leveling system is great and hasn't anything to complain about. I'll say it now so you know it: you shouldn't buy Skyrim because of its main story. There is so much else in the game and in the end, the story's not that great compared to the other questlines. Also yo should know that this is a HUUUGE game and huge games tend to have lots of bugs. Not an exception in Skyrim. Don't worry, they're being constantly patched by Bethesda, so you won't have to suffer from them.
  26. Jan 6, 2012
    Oh what could have been. I am currently 100+ hours into Skyrim, and I will ignore the bugs for the first part of the review. This game is simply amazing, great gameplay, story, the dungeon/fort/city/world design is off the charts, and the game is highly addicting, and could be replayed in a very different manner quite easily (choosing a different race, going for different skills etc). But,Oh what could have been. I am currently 100+ hours into Skyrim, and I will ignore the bugs for the first part of the review. This game is simply amazing, great gameplay, story, the dungeon/fort/city/world design is off the charts, and the game is highly addicting, and could be replayed in a very different manner quite easily (choosing a different race, going for different skills etc). But, the bugs are obnoxious. The framerate isnt as much a problem when I play as is the game freezing. The workaround for this was to turn off autosave, but then I would be a few hours, and having forgot to save, playing and suddenly die, only to have to repeat hours of play. Regardless, this is still amongst the best games I have played, even with the bugs. Looking back, I still would have bought and played it. Though, the next Bethesda release will force me to wait a few months to see if that game has bugs or not. Expand
  27. Jan 8, 2012
    I'm a big fan of RPGs, open world games, and medieval settings. That means Skyrim should be perfect for me, right? Wrong. I prefer a game wherein I have to choose what type of character I want to build. In Skyrim, you can be amazing at every skill in the game given enough time. I'm also not a fan of the fact that it doesn't really matter what race you make your character. Those are minorI'm a big fan of RPGs, open world games, and medieval settings. That means Skyrim should be perfect for me, right? Wrong. I prefer a game wherein I have to choose what type of character I want to build. In Skyrim, you can be amazing at every skill in the game given enough time. I'm also not a fan of the fact that it doesn't really matter what race you make your character. Those are minor complaints, however. The big complaint for me is that the world seems surprisingly empty for such a huge game. I know that enemies are found everywhere in dungeons and et cetera, but it's strange to see how barren the world can be between towns/dungeons. This isn't Fallout where it's supposed to be barren. Still, it's a lot of fun. This review does ignore the glitches the game has, but even if this game ran perfectly on my PS3, it would still just be an 8. It's good, but it doesn't quite climb into the rankings of great. Expand
  28. Feb 16, 2012
    Literally, this game deserves an 8.5. But since that score is impossible, a 9 will have to do. This game is great, it has all the components of a great game. The main story line took me about 25 hours, and that's including getting lost and doing side quest. This game is great and i can see my self returning to it to do more side quest, but it has nothing that puts it over the top. I wouldLiterally, this game deserves an 8.5. But since that score is impossible, a 9 will have to do. This game is great, it has all the components of a great game. The main story line took me about 25 hours, and that's including getting lost and doing side quest. This game is great and i can see my self returning to it to do more side quest, but it has nothing that puts it over the top. I would highly recommend this game to anyone, go out and buy it. Truly amazing. Expand
  29. Jan 12, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Alright, so one thing to start off: Don't listen to the trolls. Yes, I know this is probably the primary feature of almost all of the positive reviews of this game, but it's a truth that needs telling over and over again. (I've played 24 hours of this game and my save file is 6.6 mb big, and i've only encountered a bit of lag when traveling long distances, and entering Whiterun).
    Anyway, to review the game itself. I must say that this is probably one of the top 5 RPGS ever. And why? Well, as with so many great games, it's hard to know where to start. Perhaps with the logical choice, with the beginning of the game, where you are carted into a village to be executed because the Empire mistook you for a Stormcloak rebel?
    Perhaps with the incredibly large map that you can explore from the beginning (no invisible walls or difficulty barriers, due to the enemies scaling in level with you)?
    And perhaps the best of all, when walking by some random person can drag you into an epic quest chain serving Molag Bal, the daedric prince of domination? No matter which you choose, Skyrim is indisputably the best RPG of 2011, ( though the debate if this is truly GOTY will rage on at least as long as the infamous BethesdaInterplay legal dispute), and I am probably not a quarter done with this game.
    Yes, there are a few bugs (sometimes you will get stuck in terrain), but it is not close to as bad as the trolls make it to be. Also, if you have a choice, you should probably get the PC version (less bugs, mods), but if you have a PS3, getting a 360 or upgrading your PC to run Skyrim is not worth it, since the difference between the versions is not enough to justify the price of either.
    But, to conclude, if you are any sort of gamer, or were one at some point, you should get this game, and trolls be darned!
  30. Jan 17, 2012
    What I have seen when I've went into the user section really upsetter me and it still does because there are at least 55 people throwing out 0s but what I have to say is that this game is shattering and it shattered at the very least me because all I have to say is that "This is amazing!!!" now I'd like at least one person to say "hey this guy is right!" because that's not what I'd like toWhat I have seen when I've went into the user section really upsetter me and it still does because there are at least 55 people throwing out 0s but what I have to say is that this game is shattering and it shattered at the very least me because all I have to say is that "This is amazing!!!" now I'd like at least one person to say "hey this guy is right!" because that's not what I'd like to hear that's what I'd like to know that at least one other thinks that this ROCKS not only shatters the world, the world needs it bad or good I think it's a must have CMON GIMME A 10 OUTTA TEN PEOPLE! Cmon don't be a dick do it! Expand
  31. Jan 18, 2012
    This is a great game. There's hundreds if not thousands of quests, skills, etc., all wrapped together in a large fully explorable open world. The graphics are pretty good, but nothing like Crysis 2. There were a few bugs, but most were harmless, and rarely affected my game.
  32. Feb 6, 2012
    I wondering how all the Xbox users managed to group each other up to spam negative comments the PS3 version of this game. I have not experienced any of the problems described. Fantastic game, yes, a bit buggy, but I am surprised metacritic has not realised that people giving it zero don't even have a PS3. May this please be rectified. Anyway, the gameplay is fantastic, graphics are perfectI wondering how all the Xbox users managed to group each other up to spam negative comments the PS3 version of this game. I have not experienced any of the problems described. Fantastic game, yes, a bit buggy, but I am surprised metacritic has not realised that people giving it zero don't even have a PS3. May this please be rectified. Anyway, the gameplay is fantastic, graphics are perfect and a huge improvement on Oblivion. very good. Expand
  33. Feb 2, 2012
    There is no denying that Skyrim is a great game. Better than that, in fact for anyone who's wanting an RPG packed full of adventure in which you can create your own destiny..literally, then this is the game for you. The one and ONLY thing that really lets this beautiful game down is the buggy glitchy nightmare which appears to have been born out of Bethesdas laziness..most unfortunate indeed.
  34. Feb 6, 2012
    Bethesda is now infamous for its laggy, buggy, and glitchy games. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim is no exception and continues in the proud tradition of making a mockery of customers by charging $60 for a broken piece of plastic garbage.

Now, is it fun? I suppose it is some fun in the traditional Elder Scrolls sense. Admittedly most bugs, glitches, and lags aren't quite game-breakers.

Admittedly most bugs, glitches, and lags aren't quite game-breakers. However, the save-game file sizes and the constant need to turn the PS3 on and off just isn't worth the hassle.

Will Bethesda ever patch up the thing, though? I doubt it. One needs only take a look at Bethesda's record of shoddy patching.

Bethesda's quality control borders on the criminal.

Now, I know people vary wildly in personal opinion and expectations of the game, but the fact that this piece of garbage got 9.2 is nothing less than a conspiracy on the part of critics and if not, Bethesda lied to EVERYONE.
  35. Feb 22, 2012
    Uno de los mejores RPG que puedes encontrar en esta generación de consolas, ofrece un mundo abierto con infinitas posibilidades y horas de diversión. Es una pena los bugs que tienes pero espero que con la versión 1.4 y posteriores parches todo quede en el olvido.
  36. Feb 8, 2012
    Give it a 10 out of 10 cause i have had little lag so far even though everyone else seems to experience it. At 8mb it started to and as bethesda recommends on their forums i turned off the autosave feature that saves constantly (everytime you leave a building or change locations) and the lag stopped and loading between locations is exponentially faster. This does get frustrating when youGive it a 10 out of 10 cause i have had little lag so far even though everyone else seems to experience it. At 8mb it started to and as bethesda recommends on their forums i turned off the autosave feature that saves constantly (everytime you leave a building or change locations) and the lag stopped and loading between locations is exponentially faster. This does get frustrating when you get immersed in the game and forget to save after a quest and die. most people here would probably agree that if the game had no issue it would get a great rating and its pretty messed up that companies can release games that have these problems.

so far i have put in about 140 hours and already beaten the game, experiencing few quest glitches all of which eventually cleared up after giving it time. I wish the game was perfect so everyone could get their moneys worth but eventhough it isnt perfect i have spent more enjoyable hours on this game then any i have in a very long time so i have to give it a 10
  37. Mar 20, 2012
    I know a lot of people have problems with the game, but a ZERO rating? Really? Grow up. If you want to rate the game based on the fact that it was released with bugs, ANY game of this size comes out with bugs. This title has a beautiful environment, flawless battle system, a huge array of spells, equipment, weapons, and you can level your character any way you want, giving you completeI know a lot of people have problems with the game, but a ZERO rating? Really? Grow up. If you want to rate the game based on the fact that it was released with bugs, ANY game of this size comes out with bugs. This title has a beautiful environment, flawless battle system, a huge array of spells, equipment, weapons, and you can level your character any way you want, giving you complete control. Also, I've had very few lag problems and have only had the game freeze on me a few times, mainly because it is data-intensive, and EVERY game that is data-intensive happens to freeze once in a while. Rating this SOLELY on the game, it is one of the greatest games I have every played, without question; a SOLID 10. Expand
  38. Jun 15, 2012
    I laugh at all the other reviews complaining about the glitches, bugs, frame rate issues. Oh, I would be upset too if my game glitched out without repair after spending countless hours on it. Fortunately, I picked up Skyrim after all the major issues were fixed by patches. Given this, I experienced no more bugs than any other game. As for the game itself, holy s**t how much canI laugh at all the other reviews complaining about the glitches, bugs, frame rate issues. Oh, I would be upset too if my game glitched out without repair after spending countless hours on it. Fortunately, I picked up Skyrim after all the major issues were fixed by patches. Given this, I experienced no more bugs than any other game. As for the game itself, holy s**t how much can you fit in one game! I may have permanently damaged my health due to the sheer amount of hours I have spent sitting in one position, staring at the screen with controller in hand. Perhaps a little more character facial expression, movement, involvement or cinematics would have pushed Skyrim to a solid 10. They all seemed a little stiff except the annoying Cicero. By the way, being able to shout and call down a lightning storm, dragon, and blow away opponents off a cliff is pretty damn awesome. Expand
  39. Jul 4, 2012
    I don't understand why there are so many bad reviews. Maybe because haven't played any Elder Scrolls games prior to Skyrim, I'm not able to compare it, however, the apparent issue is probably that all the other reviews are just complaining about bugs. Also, there was some link set up on a popular website that was entitle "Post Problems about Skyrim Here", and, because of that, this pageI don't understand why there are so many bad reviews. Maybe because haven't played any Elder Scrolls games prior to Skyrim, I'm not able to compare it, however, the apparent issue is probably that all the other reviews are just complaining about bugs. Also, there was some link set up on a popular website that was entitle "Post Problems about Skyrim Here", and, because of that, this page has probably attracted the attention of many people who are frustrated by the glitches and are unable to enjoy Skyrim to it's fullest. However, if you are able to play (with minor glitches at least, no doubt), Skyrim is a game with a beautiful environment that I found myself enjoying multiple playthroughs of more than any other game I've played. Although the game might be getting a little stale for me, I'm especially excited for the new DLC coming in September, called Dawnguard. All these factors added together gives this game a perfect 10. Expand
  40. Jul 31, 2012
    It's a mesmerizing game that draws you into a finely crafted fictional space packed with content... Skyrim is one of the best role-playing games yet produced. The sheer size of the adventure...is mind-blowing. But this game aint perfect it has lags, freezes and other flaws.
  41. Jul 21, 2012
    I was going to give this game a 10/10, but then I remembered I had it on the pc, which is way better. I play this on the ps3 from time to time and it's a really good game.
  42. Jul 26, 2012
    This game easily deserved a 9 more likely a 10, but unfortunatley I encountered some bugs and glitches. Starting off with the loading screen which on Playstation 3 either takes no time at all (when a model and description are not shown) or takes 15 seconds and sometimes but rarely freezes up. The next one never gets old yup getting stuck between rocks. You have not saved you're runningThis game easily deserved a 9 more likely a 10, but unfortunatley I encountered some bugs and glitches. Starting off with the loading screen which on Playstation 3 either takes no time at all (when a model and description are not shown) or takes 15 seconds and sometimes but rarely freezes up. The next one never gets old yup getting stuck between rocks. You have not saved you're running through almost done a quest and bam! You got yourself stuck in between the cracks of multiple rocks. Fortunately that's all I can think of to be bad Expand
  43. Jul 27, 2012
    I brought The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim a little bit later than most others, in May earlier this year. Just over two months later and I just completed the main storyline. Admittedly, I am a bit of a slowpoke when it comes to playing video games, especially games with worlds as large as Skyrim. I enjoy simply wondering around, looking at the mostly beautiful environment. Any game with a gameI brought The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim a little bit later than most others, in May earlier this year. Just over two months later and I just completed the main storyline. Admittedly, I am a bit of a slowpoke when it comes to playing video games, especially games with worlds as large as Skyrim. I enjoy simply wondering around, looking at the mostly beautiful environment. Any game with a game world as large as Skyrim is going to encounter some bugs here and there. However, the amount of bugs and how often they appear is disappointing, to say the least. I find that you can easily ignore these small bugs though, because of how utterly well built most of the game is. The quests are huge in number, with the main quest taking around 20-25 hours to complete, longer if you like to dawdle like me. The side quests are plentiful and keep the game going hours after you completed the main quest line. Also, the length of quests varies greatly, which gives a sense of time to the game. The different 'groups' that you can join are very fun. For example, for those of you who haven't ever played an Elder Scrolls game, you can join one group and complete their storyline and then move onto the next group. Overall, I have greatly enjoyed playing Skyrim, and while there are some nasty bugs and often mild-serious lag problems, it is still a fantastic game which, at least, deserves a long rent. Expand
  44. Aug 18, 2012
    So, I own the PS3 version, its amazing. You probably know all about this game by now, the reviews are grouped into three categories, I LOVE IT(positive), I HATE IT WHEN THEY RELEASE A GAME WITH BUGS, and I HATE IT WHEN THEY TAKE TIME TO FIX THE BUGS BEFORE THEY RELEASE THE DLC.

Good god people.. Pick a side, Bethesda is taking time to fix THE PS3 PLAYERS MAJOR GRIPE against this game by taking the time to make sure Dawnguard is released with as few bugs as possible..
    No surprise, this still isn't good enough for the mighty ps3 players
  45. Jan 26, 2013
    I'll be brief. An amazingly addictive game, and I have not seen any of the legendary glitches ... yet. That said it is a game that constantly calls you back for more.
  46. Feb 10, 2013
    Game is extremely AWESOME but in ps3 Skyrim have bugs freeze problems and other technical problems.
    And Guild quests are boring than Oblivion.And Skyrim quests are more shorter than Oblivion quests but Skyrim is never bore the player.I advice you if you are RPG player BUY SKYRIM
  47. Mar 10, 2013
    The amount of detail in this game is incredible! I cannot describe how much detail there is in this game. There must be easily over one hundred books in this game, all that can be read and placed on bookshelves in your home. The painstaking attention to detail is nothing short of phenomenal. Couple this with a beautiful and open overworld, countless ways to customize your character and anThe amount of detail in this game is incredible! I cannot describe how much detail there is in this game. There must be easily over one hundred books in this game, all that can be read and placed on bookshelves in your home. The painstaking attention to detail is nothing short of phenomenal. Couple this with a beautiful and open overworld, countless ways to customize your character and an exciting battle system and you have one of the greatest games ever created. The soundtrack to this game is sublime; very atmospheric and in places heart wrenching and hauntingly beautiful, the soundtrack alone is a reason to get this game. It fits in with the fantasy land of Skyrim like a glove to a hand, and really makes the game feel so open and as if the world around you lives and breathes and has a story of its own. I bought the game about one week after release and yes, for the first few months, the game was plagued by some horrendous bugs that really brought the experience down. But these have since been resolved, and you would only be cutting off your nose to spite your face if you didn't get this game due to past issues. Also the full DLC is now available on the PS3 (which I have yet to play can't wait) so please, if you are a fan of fantasy RPG's and incredible adventure, treat yourself to Skyrim. You won't be disappointed. Expand
  48. Mar 20, 2013
    The greatest game I have ever played! This is video gaming at its finest. There is so much you can do in this game. I've played it for a total of about 150 hours and I still haven't done everything. Combine that with awesome character customization, many fantastic side quests, an amazing main quest, and a massive, beautiful world, Skyrim is the pinnacle of gaming! I can't wait for moreThe greatest game I have ever played! This is video gaming at its finest. There is so much you can do in this game. I've played it for a total of about 150 hours and I still haven't done everything. Combine that with awesome character customization, many fantastic side quests, an amazing main quest, and a massive, beautiful world, Skyrim is the pinnacle of gaming! I can't wait for more Elder Scrolls games! Expand
  49. Apr 8, 2013
    This game is hands down amazing. Visually stunning, an enormous amount of quests and missions to do. There was a day where I did nothing but wander around in the woods and find locations. I play a lot of games, i have an xbox gamer-score around 40K and level 16 in PS3 trophies. I played this game and only this game for nearly four months. Amazing in every capacity. Ignore the high amountThis game is hands down amazing. Visually stunning, an enormous amount of quests and missions to do. There was a day where I did nothing but wander around in the woods and find locations. I play a lot of games, i have an xbox gamer-score around 40K and level 16 in PS3 trophies. I played this game and only this game for nearly four months. Amazing in every capacity. Ignore the high amount of negative comments on this game, a lot of people were just upset because one of the early patches for the game actually made it worse. Guess what it's a massive game, with tons of stuff going on and tons of things to do, there are going to be issues with any game of this scope. Expand
  50. Jul 25, 2013
    I just bought the Legendary Edition, at this point the only worth buying. this game is a breath-taking experience that immerses you in a world you beautiful, so complete and full of wonder that you can only stand in awe. One of the top ten must have games of this generation! A must for every gamer in the WORLD!

If you buy the pc version, you can get the super duper HD graphics pack but

If you buy the pc version, you can get the super duper HD graphics pack but the console version feels slightly better for the sole purpose of the gaming experience, but that's just me, I like the overall console gaming more than overall pc gaming.

I have both the pc and the ps3 versions and there's no other game I find more re-playable and full of subtleties that makes it different every time. For the international gamer, such as myself, a word of advice, play it in english, I don't know about other translations but the spanish version is good but the original is slightly better. I would not say is bad or not encourage you to play it, but it just feels a little less brilliant, but that's just me nitpicking.
  51. May 16, 2013
    an amazing game that you need to buy no matter what i have about 300 hours of gameplay and counting i believe that explains everthing buy it but if you dont have it yet just wait for the complete edition which has all the dlc's
  52. Aug 10, 2013
    Skyrim is one of the best open world RPG's of all time. If you're a TES The Elder Scrolls fan you will love this game. If you've never played a TES game before but you like RPG's chances are you will like this game. You don't have to have played any of the previous TES games to understand this game or to fully enjoy it. You create your own character from scratch, You can choose a raceSkyrim is one of the best open world RPG's of all time. If you're a TES The Elder Scrolls fan you will love this game. If you've never played a TES game before but you like RPG's chances are you will like this game. You don't have to have played any of the previous TES games to understand this game or to fully enjoy it. You create your own character from scratch, You can choose a race from 10 different playable races. They all have their own abilities but you can play whatever way you like with any one of them. You can do whatever you want, however you want, whenever you want. Of course there is a main story you're Dragonborn a prophesied hero born into the world in a time of civil war and a time when dragons have come back. You can fight the dragons and find out why they have come back and what your purpose is, You can join either side in the civil war and there are also numerous other factions in which you can join. If you like being an assassin you can join the dark brotherhood a group of assassins, If you like to be a thief you can join a thief's guild, If you like Magic there is a Mage's guild, If you like fighting in combat there is a fighter's guild The companions They all have their own main story and many side stories as well. Skyrim has many, many side stories and you will be able to put hundreds of hours into this game before you even come close to completing it.

The graphics are very, very good, The combat and magic is solid and enjoyable, The music is phenomenal and if you like to get lost within another world in Skyrim you can do just that. The game did come originally with glitches, frame rate drops, freezing and some other problems. But since then they have all been patched and the game runs near perfect now.

So in conclusion if you want a game where you can be whoever you want to be and do whatever you want to do that also has a good story, lots to do, with good graphics, gameplay mechanics and you like RPG's/Action adventure games Skyrim is an absolute must buy. It got game of the year and well deserved.
  53. Aug 15, 2013
    That amount of haters is not normal. I'm actually playing this and I have to say, this is a jewel. The length of the game is almost infinite, the map is huge and very open. I can find the atmosphere of magic I haven't seen in a game for years. Is it true that since level 35-40 you start to notice a bit of lag, but of course nothing unberable. Not my favourite game ever, but top 2. I reallyThat amount of haters is not normal. I'm actually playing this and I have to say, this is a jewel. The length of the game is almost infinite, the map is huge and very open. I can find the atmosphere of magic I haven't seen in a game for years. Is it true that since level 35-40 you start to notice a bit of lag, but of course nothing unberable. Not my favourite game ever, but top 2. I really liked it. Expand
  54. Aug 23, 2013
    EPIC if u liked Oblivion then u will love this game, There is sooooo much to do I have played it for about 180 hours and there is still so much more for me to do, the story is great (better than Oblivion in my opinion) The graphics are good and there is a massive difference if u use a HDMI cable, can be quite qlitchy at some points but none that ruins the game! I defo recommend it,EPIC if u liked Oblivion then u will love this game, There is sooooo much to do I have played it for about 180 hours and there is still so much more for me to do, the story is great (better than Oblivion in my opinion) The graphics are good and there is a massive difference if u use a HDMI cable, can be quite qlitchy at some points but none that ruins the game! I defo recommend it, AMAZING GAME!!!!!!
    DragonBorn out..... ^_^
  55. Aug 28, 2013
    Skyrim is an rpg game with huge content, vast world, nice character development, beautiful environments and much more. It's an epic adventure in the northern lands of Tamriel full of battles, quests, exploration, and interaction with npc's. You will have to spend hundreds of hours playing this game in order to do everything. The rpg elements are satisfying and will keep you playing forSkyrim is an rpg game with huge content, vast world, nice character development, beautiful environments and much more. It's an epic adventure in the northern lands of Tamriel full of battles, quests, exploration, and interaction with npc's. You will have to spend hundreds of hours playing this game in order to do everything. The rpg elements are satisfying and will keep you playing for hours trying to level-up your character and searching for better equipment. But it's not everything perfect because Skyrim like any other game has some flaws. First of all the inventory is a real mess: it's difficult to navigate making inventory management a difficult task. Inventory management is also difficult for more reasons than just it's difficult navigation. Imagine this situation: you've just cleared a big dungeon and returned to the town full of loot. Of course you're not going to need every single thing you found so you decide to sell a part of it. So you enter a shop, loading screen, you speak to the merchant, you navigate the horrible inventory, you start selling things but most of the time the merchant isn't going to have enough money to buy all of your things. So you exit the shop, loading screen, you fast travel to another town, loading screen, you enter another store, loading screen again and you follow the same procedure all over again until you've sold everything you want. I've played around 140 hours this game and I bet that at least 40 of these were spent on inventory management. For me this is the bigger flaw of the game and the main reason I don't give it a perfect 10. There are some minor flaws as well like some bugs and glitches, little frame rate problems, a little blurry graphics for the ps3 version, generic voice acting which is normal for a game of this scale, dragons being easier enemies than you would expect etc. Also combat is difficult with the ps3 analog sticks and i would like an aim-assist technique which would prevent my powerful spells which consume half of my mana striking the wall instead of the enemy. I have to admit that I played the patched version of the game so I didn't encounter the game-breaking bugs found before the 1.4 patch so I didn't include them on my review. Anyway despite it's flaws I highly recommend Skyrim to everyone because it's a game that you will play for months every day discovering something new about it. Expand
  56. Aug 31, 2013
    What the why are people hating THIS game. Skyrim is awesome!!!!! Yes it might have a lot of bugs, but the game has about 4 auto save-files, so you can go back to before the bug started. And all the great content in this game is just too good, despite the bugs. Even people I know who don’t like RPG games love Skyrim. (Sorry for bad spelling/ grammar)
  57. Sep 19, 2013
    Great Game to play. However lacks all of the additional add-ons of Xbox why?? Random battle dragons everywhere add a sense of danger to the game wherever you go and i don't know why people are giving this game a 0. It should be higher then that considering how much u get in the actual game. But i hate how they pay no attention to the ps3 version. They haven't updated it ever and there areGreat Game to play. However lacks all of the additional add-ons of Xbox why?? Random battle dragons everywhere add a sense of danger to the game wherever you go and i don't know why people are giving this game a 0. It should be higher then that considering how much u get in the actual game. But i hate how they pay no attention to the ps3 version. They haven't updated it ever and there are a bunch of glitch and bugs in the game. They should focus on the ps3 version as much as the Xbox. I heard from friends that the Xbox version is a lot better WTF. Seriously focus more on the PS3 and it will get a 10/10 at least frome me.(I got the game to work first Time) Expand
  58. Sep 29, 2013
    I really loved my skyrim experience. I recommend it to anyone looking too have no life for a few months. hahaha but seriously this game is really fun, Its the ultimate fantasy rpg. do you want to be a sword wielding warrior, or a sneaky archer thief, how about a duel casting fire mage, well you can be it all in skyrim. you get to kill dragons and trolls and giants. you literally spend aI really loved my skyrim experience. I recommend it to anyone looking too have no life for a few months. hahaha but seriously this game is really fun, Its the ultimate fantasy rpg. do you want to be a sword wielding warrior, or a sneaky archer thief, how about a duel casting fire mage, well you can be it all in skyrim. you get to kill dragons and trolls and giants. you literally spend a day climbing to the top of a mountain and get to see absolutely spectacular graphics. Cool choose you own adventure type story line. tons and tons of side quests that add so many hours to the game. really fun collecting items and getting cool weapons and armor, fun to learn to craft potions and enchant your items. for under 20$ this game is one of the best ways to bring back current day nostalgia of early final fantasy games, Expand
  59. Jan 12, 2014
    This is probably the best game ever made, certainly the best game available on PS3 for sure.

The game is monstrously huge the world is vaaaast! People think GTA is big, one area in Skyrim is bigger than the entire GTA world. With a game this big the longevity is obvious, you can put in weeks and weeks of hours into the game but new places, new quests, new weapons and new skills just never seem to stop popping up.

I got to a certain part in the game thinking oh no I'm coming to the end of the main story line, turns out i only got about 40% done it just doesn't end (unless your unemployed and play it all day everyday) Skyrim takes you into a fantasy world where you can make your own decisions that can effect a certain outcome to a certain quest. The order in which a player completes quests also effects future quests in a certain way (NOT SPOILING!)

I wont get into the quests and story line as I don't want to spoil it for the few people that haven't played it but the landscape, the backdrop,the entire world is just beautiful. Throw in probably the best soundtracks for a video game ever made and you have an amazing experience from start to finish it just doesn't get boring. The quests are always different.

Leveling up is totally at the players discretion regarding which skills you prefer to use and which type of character you want to be. All races have different strengths and weaknesses. The ability to pick your own race and level him/her up as you wish gives the player total control over his/her character rather than the majority of games just having a bog standard character that you have little or no control over.

I luckily rarely experienced any glitches or bugs people speak about in other reviews. I have put some serious hours into Skyrim and never had any problems with it which is why I am speaking so highly of it. I guess it would be annoying if it kept breaking but I guess I got lucky. I could speak about Skyrim all day but I can't say much more without adding SPOILERS.

Best RPG game ever made hands down, best overall game ever made? Its right up there for me.

Bring on Elder Scrolls 6.

Bravo Bethesda 10/10
  60. Jan 24, 2014
    This game hands down is one of my all time favorite games. EVER! It's not a 10, but damn near close. The dungeons are too long, I wish there were more creativity options for characters and armor and weapons should be better at drops but all in all, love the gameplay!!
  61. Jan 30, 2014
    Skyrim is a fun game it is an RPG but its is like mincraft exept it is real life way better graphics and you could free roam you could get married and a whole lot of things i recommend it for all PS3 players
  62. Feb 7, 2014
    This game is pure genius. Although not as acclaimed as the Grand Theft Auto series by critics, one can still say that this is a game worthy of playing. The game might be full of bugs, but the attention to detail in the mechanics of the game and the storyline is superb, unmatched by others in its genre. And finally, the visuals of the game are one of the best of its time, making it worthyThis game is pure genius. Although not as acclaimed as the Grand Theft Auto series by critics, one can still say that this is a game worthy of playing. The game might be full of bugs, but the attention to detail in the mechanics of the game and the storyline is superb, unmatched by others in its genre. And finally, the visuals of the game are one of the best of its time, making it worthy of a masterpiece. Expand
  63. Apr 21, 2014
    The greatest video gaming experience I've ever had.

Before I got into the game, I'd always heard of it, but never played. When I started playing it, I got hooked in it. The gorgeous open world, with over 400 locations just make it great. Lots of quests, infinite hours of gameplay, and such a great addition to a great franchise. Character creation really has improved, as well as the
    The greatest video gaming experience I've ever had.

Character creation really has improved, as well as the AI on each character. The voices are much improved as well, since Oblivion.

One common complaint it that it is "too easy" if so, go to your journal, and then settings, and change the difficulty. I recommend Apprentice or Adept for those on level 30-50, and then adept level from anywhere higher.

The amount of in game lore is incredible and quite stunning. As well as the development in the world, from simple things like how characters react to one and other, to the amazing post-quest dialogues.

10/10 from me
  64. Aug 17, 2014
    Beautiful experience. So much to do in one of the biggest open worlds I've ever seen, even without the expansions of the game. Also there are more interesting tales besides the main one. The variety available while you're creating your character is really deep and goes beyond imagination. A hell of a game, at least you should have 50 hours of good playing time secured.
  65. Jul 1, 2014
    The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim is less a product of creativity than an act of creation. The accomplishment on display is without equal, but it’s the sublimation of those efforts into a deeply personal experience that is the lasting effect and elicits the compulsive desire to consume more and more of what it has to offer. Playing it, I could recall getting the first Nintendo system andThe Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim is less a product of creativity than an act of creation. The accomplishment on display is without equal, but it’s the sublimation of those efforts into a deeply personal experience that is the lasting effect and elicits the compulsive desire to consume more and more of what it has to offer. Playing it, I could recall getting the first Nintendo system and sitting down with my brother to play Super Mario Brothers. Upon reaching the subterranean level 1-2, the dramatic aesthetic shift awakened us to the giddy thrill of realizing that we had no idea what the game had in store ahead, and our excitement became an uncontained rapturous exaltation. Eighty hours into Skyrim, I’m still feeling like that 11-year-old. Expand
  66. Jul 24, 2014
    It took me awhile to get use to this game because i was a FPS fan. at first i didn't like it because well i thought it was boring.... i was wrong. very wrong. it now my most played game by far and its even better with the dlc.
  67. Sep 16, 2014
    A really awesome action rpg. The world is huge, the main story and side quests are fitting and the characters are interesting. Important remark: I played the "Game of the Year Edition". The original release PS 3 version is full of bugs and nearly unplayable. The graphic is good and the soundtrack is awesome. The battle system is optimized. It is better than ever and a reference for futureA really awesome action rpg. The world is huge, the main story and side quests are fitting and the characters are interesting. Important remark: I played the "Game of the Year Edition". The original release PS 3 version is full of bugs and nearly unplayable. The graphic is good and the soundtrack is awesome. The battle system is optimized. It is better than ever and a reference for future action rpgs. The job and stat system from previous Elder Scroll games is gone. It is more streamlined. I am uncertain if it is an improvement or not but it is done well in this game. Overall this is an awesome game. Still cannot decide if Skyrim or Morrowind is the better Elder Scroll game. Expand
  68. Jan 3, 2014
    skyrim has a massive world thats a blast to explore. your never more than a few steps away from something to do. the game also has A LOT of dungeons and each one offers a great challenge (especially the boss at the end of each dungeon). one of my favourite things about this game is how you level up specific aspects and abilities of your character instead of just a standard level up system.skyrim has a massive world thats a blast to explore. your never more than a few steps away from something to do. the game also has A LOT of dungeons and each one offers a great challenge (especially the boss at the end of each dungeon). one of my favourite things about this game is how you level up specific aspects and abilities of your character instead of just a standard level up system. the game also has an amazing atmosphere and soundtrack. my only problems with the game are that it has LOTS of pop in, lag and loading screens. Expand
  69. Nov 10, 2012
    Stunning. From the first scene to the very last. The game is so expansive You don't need to play the main quest. You don't even need to play ANY quests. The graphics and sound are exquisite . The magic system is awesome and the world is very believable. If I had to pick out negatives. I'd say the combat system ( especially when using weapons) is clunky. The menu system is not as fluid asStunning. From the first scene to the very last. The game is so expansive You don't need to play the main quest. You don't even need to play ANY quests. The graphics and sound are exquisite . The magic system is awesome and the world is very believable. If I had to pick out negatives. I'd say the combat system ( especially when using weapons) is clunky. The menu system is not as fluid as it could be. If they had employed the hot key system that Fallout had then It would have been a lot simpler and useable. The main menu system in regard to levelling up IS useful and visually absorbing however. The game difficulty is a strange one. At first I found it too hard , now most encounters are far too easy. Yes I could raise the difficulty , but that would mean the one or two characters that I do meet who are very powerful would seem unbalanced. Dragons are not nearly as powerful as I had anticipated. I do have a team of four however and my character levelled up greatly in his wanderings before I even started the main missions. Perhaps to my detriment as I now find even bosses to be a two second affair. Expand
  70. Jan 15, 2017
    I bought this for $5 on my PS3 since I never had played it before and wanted a fun cheap RPG to play. After 15 hours into the game, I love it! Amazing and that is just vanilla no mods yet. I do agree that charging $60 for the special edition version is a cash grab ripoff for new consoles. Now I wanna get it for PC so I can get the mods and DLC. For a six year old game, the graphics areI bought this for $5 on my PS3 since I never had played it before and wanted a fun cheap RPG to play. After 15 hours into the game, I love it! Amazing and that is just vanilla no mods yet. I do agree that charging $60 for the special edition version is a cash grab ripoff for new consoles. Now I wanna get it for PC so I can get the mods and DLC. For a six year old game, the graphics are still decent and fun adventure game if you like killing dragons and undead. HUGE world to explore and like the freedom to do quests on your own terms. Good character design and crafting opens up millions of possible ways to play as well. Want to be a thief battle mage? You can do that a ton of ways. Craft a unique sword and armor? Endless choices and that is just one thing. Also can do cool stuff like get married and cook food even. Expand
  71. Dec 16, 2014
    Not as good as Oblivion, but a pretty great game. The key is only autosaving every 10 to 15 minutes when you bring up the circle button menu. Saving takes a long, long time, and if you do it too much most of your time in game will be spent on saves. My other major trouble is the inability to respec as monsters and the like keep getting tougher with your level (that automaticallyNot as good as Oblivion, but a pretty great game. The key is only autosaving every 10 to 15 minutes when you bring up the circle button menu. Saving takes a long, long time, and if you do it too much most of your time in game will be spent on saves. My other major trouble is the inability to respec as monsters and the like keep getting tougher with your level (that automatically increases) but the skills you've decided to use might not match - yes you can adjust the difficulty, but that approach is like a sledge hammer quickly becoming too easy or too hard. Additionally, Magic is too hobbled. Swords and armor aren't skill restricted, that is you can pick up an Iron axe and wield it just as easily as an Orcish mace - as it should be. Your ability to access those weapons is determined most by your ability to craft them, challenging but not difficult. However all magic is directly restricted to your skill number (not how many points you place in the tree) meaning you have to be really dedicated to grueling your way through magic if you want to be a primary spell caster since using melee weapons and arrows is so flipping easy. There are a few bugs, but most are recoverable (I have 14 saves allowing time for a bug to present itself so I can reload) and I've only experianced 2. 1 in a "werewolf in jail" quest which in my first playthrough was almost unrecoverable because I went to the DLC before reaching white run (so don't do that). And one was in a Moth palace where a gate wouldn't open after I killed the enemy before he could come through it. Very enjoyable over all however, a lovely game that I highly recommend to everyone. Expand
  72. Jan 1, 2015
    The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim is epic in scope. Customization options are terrific, and within the framework of the game are only limited by your time investment. Exploration is remarkable, with numerous memorable locations.
  73. Apr 2, 2012
    I am amazed at the negative reviews for Skyrim. God knows what people want in a game as, in my opinion, this is near perfect as a game could be. Admittedly, I did start getting a bit bored by my 300th hour but then I continued with one of the main quest lines and was blown away all over again (won't do a spoiler to explain but you'll know when you get there - if you haven't been already).I am amazed at the negative reviews for Skyrim. God knows what people want in a game as, in my opinion, this is near perfect as a game could be. Admittedly, I did start getting a bit bored by my 300th hour but then I continued with one of the main quest lines and was blown away all over again (won't do a spoiler to explain but you'll know when you get there - if you haven't been already). I have been constantly entertained by this game and even the bugs have given me laugh out loud moments (like leaving a building and having a child fall out of the sky to start wandering down the street - or my companion continuing to follow and speak to me, even though he was lying flat on his back). It is by far the best game I have ever played and I cannot tear myself away - I have Crysis 2 sitting there waiting to be played but I just can't eject that skyrim disc to replace it with something else. Maybe I'll do it after another 20 or so hours. Thank you Bethesda for creating this incredible world that has had me mesmerised since December. Love you lots n lots! Expand
  74. Apr 8, 2012
    New review: Skyrim is great on every platoform. I reccommend it on the PS3, expecially since some of you are dissapointed in the bugs that were patched recently. I have played this on every platform, your moneys worth guaranteed. Just make sure to keep making seperate save files if you are concerned. Pick up whatever version is on sale.
  75. Nov 29, 2012
    Probably one of the best 5 games of all time---even with the bugs and load time. Huge in scope and imagination. Can't say enough about it. The only real question is whether to go for 100% completion now that I'm already 181 hours in.
  76. Sep 13, 2014
    The PS3 got the worst version of Skyrim, but even so, I can't give it anything less than a 10. Skyrim is a masterpiece, and one of the greatest pieces of entertainment ever created.

I don't have to tell you how amazing the world of Skyrim is, you'll have to live it. Even the few quirks (and glitches) of the game are overwhelmed by how well everything else was done. The attention to detail is amazing. There are a few things I wished it would have done better, like the frequency of the dragon fights. Once you've slewed your 20th dragon, the sense of wonder is gone. Still, I don't think I've ever played a better videogame.

As for the PS3, while the graphics have been downgraded dramatically as updates go by, the main ruiner of the game's experience is the ridiculous load times. I think I have spent at least 15% of the time I've played this game staring at a loading screen. When this time adds up to hundreds of hours of gameplay, it becomes staggering. Hope you didn't forget anything important once you open that door, because to get it back, you'll have to wait a few minutes.

Yes, the PC version is the gold standard, but I like that in the console where you are not allowed to tinker with the game, it retains its purity. At the time of this writing, I hope Skyrim makes it to the PS4, and improves over the PS3.
  77. Nov 10, 2012
    I got this game in January after the main patches had been released and have never seen any bugs. This game is fantastic. I've played it for over 200 hours! Which is quite unlike me. So much to do, the world seems huge at first, but you soon get used to it. I have a small army fighting for me now, with a follower, battle dog, horse, quest character and 2 zombies at my command. I'mI got this game in January after the main patches had been released and have never seen any bugs. This game is fantastic. I've played it for over 200 hours! Which is quite unlike me. So much to do, the world seems huge at first, but you soon get used to it. I have a small army fighting for me now, with a follower, battle dog, horse, quest character and 2 zombies at my command. I'm currently hunting for the dragon priest masks. Expand
  78. Mar 18, 2012
    Skyrim is one of the best RPGs out there, placing you into one of the most engrossing and addictive environments in video gaming history. There are hundreds of quests to finish, items to collect and create, and places to explore. The character is fully customizable, from the class selection down to the facial features and hair.
  79. Dec 24, 2015
    Played this game for almost 500 hours.

Mods gallor and constant player content make this game a true timeless masterpiece.

Will play it for years to come. Great game and great developer.
  80. Mar 6, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. to sweaty gamers who enjoy an adventure and earning loads of trophies and like fantasy games skyrim is the one for you! it contains very good graphics with loads of different characters to choose from at the start i choose argoniun which basically is a lizard that can stand on his own two feet and walks like a crippled raptor of jurassic park. Also i choose him because he has an ability to breath under water forever and is immune to diseases. however there are some lags on the game, once i was trying to complete a quest and on the way i found a little curved wall with some weird writing on it and then i looked UP! it was a bloody dragon and my first thought was to wipe my ring because it was full of turd but then the dragon couldn't move (LAG) so i decided to fus ru dah him off the cliff into the water to feed the slaughter fish. but seriously now i think this game is the almost perfect rpg and you can spend countless hours on the game getting new weapons, new magika spells and if your lucky you can get hit by a vampire and become one of them.9/10 Expand
  81. Apr 8, 2012
    I'm redoing my review now for Skyrim on ps3 after a long 6month wait for a fix from Bethesda.so now that patch 1.5 is available I decided to retry Skyrim and give it one last shot.let me start out by saying that patch 1.4 was a good patch but patch 1.5 is the better patch, since now I'm able to play with less and I do mean much less problems than before...so far I haven't had any gameI'm redoing my review now for Skyrim on ps3 after a long 6month wait for a fix from Bethesda.so now that patch 1.5 is available I decided to retry Skyrim and give it one last shot.let me start out by saying that patch 1.4 was a good patch but patch 1.5 is the better patch, since now I'm able to play with less and I do mean much less problems than before...so far I haven't had any game crashes/freezes or frame-rate drops like I did with patch 1.4 things do seem much smoother now and working better overall.however this game still needs more fixes, and the damage has been done in terms of quality.besides that i'm happy thus far with Skyrim after patch 1.5. Expand
  82. Dec 2, 2013
    A staggering wealth of content that never overwhelms, since you're led by the gentle hands of all the wonderful quests. I must have played Skyrim for 50 hours now, and never once did I want it to 'end soon'.. the ending of the main quests left me in awe. The mystery drew me in from the first minutes and remains there as I have yet to discover several larger locations including majorA staggering wealth of content that never overwhelms, since you're led by the gentle hands of all the wonderful quests. I must have played Skyrim for 50 hours now, and never once did I want it to 'end soon'.. the ending of the main quests left me in awe. The mystery drew me in from the first minutes and remains there as I have yet to discover several larger locations including major cities. This game is an incredible artistical achievement, and you'll be in the hero's shoes, living it for a while. I cannot in any way give less than 9/10 to such a beautiful night sky. To all those characters and places, stories and adventures. But I can't give a perfect 10 either, as the puzzles get reused a lot throughout the game, and there were several consistency errors to break the immersion (sleeping for 10 hours in-game to find everyone doing the exact thing they were doing as you went to bed... instruments appearing and disappearing out of the blue, a quite early 'skill ceiling' where you feel you don't get empowered so much anymore etc). But I simply can't give less than 9 to that virtual magic. Expand
  83. Jan 27, 2012
    The game is great, I love all aspects of this game. I never really followed the series until now but I love it. Plenty of quests to do, things to complete, locations to discover and skill to train up. The game loses ratings for the PS3 because if your save file reaches 5MB-6MB in size you will experience mass drops in frame rate to a point were it is unplayable, this is very annoying. IThe game is great, I love all aspects of this game. I never really followed the series until now but I love it. Plenty of quests to do, things to complete, locations to discover and skill to train up. The game loses ratings for the PS3 because if your save file reaches 5MB-6MB in size you will experience mass drops in frame rate to a point were it is unplayable, this is very annoying. I have heard that Bethesda will be releasing and update for this but it will take some time. I have played 52 Hours + of this game and love it. Expand
  84. Feb 1, 2012
    I wanted to give this game a 10 but it has soo many lags and bugs. Trophy hunting level for this game is not that hard. Great quests and beautiful towns/cities. Music is Great! But Bethesda, get rid of those stupid bugs.
  85. Mar 13, 2012
    637 negative reviews + 60 mixed reviews = almost 700 people who need to BACK AWAY FROM THE BONG! LOL! Just kidding. The only thing I can think of is that the PS3 version of the game had a few serious bugs when it first came out. On my video game review, I gave this game a 9, simply because the main plot line plus the awesome side-quests MORE than made up for the bugs and glitches. When I637 negative reviews + 60 mixed reviews = almost 700 people who need to BACK AWAY FROM THE BONG! LOL! Just kidding. The only thing I can think of is that the PS3 version of the game had a few serious bugs when it first came out. On my video game review, I gave this game a 9, simply because the main plot line plus the awesome side-quests MORE than made up for the bugs and glitches. When I beat the main story, I felt like I had REALLY accomplished something! Load this page into your browser if you wish to see my video review of the game: http://youtu.be/cqysFqaKzTs And you are cordially invited to visit and subscribe to my You Tube Christian gaming channel, Gaming 4 Jesus: http://www.youtube.com/Gaming4Jesus . Expand
  86. Mar 21, 2012
    Glitches have stunted the experience slightly but overall this is a game worth playing. It's big, beautiful and ready to steal your time. It's amazing how much it's like a real world, if this is the future than the future will be good. The patches have finally fixed the horrible lag issues and now it's actually a really great game! Well done Bethesda for "finally" fixing the issues butGlitches have stunted the experience slightly but overall this is a game worth playing. It's big, beautiful and ready to steal your time. It's amazing how much it's like a real world, if this is the future than the future will be good. The patches have finally fixed the horrible lag issues and now it's actually a really great game! Well done Bethesda for "finally" fixing the issues but next time don't you DARE ever let it happen again or it will be OFF WITH YOUR HEADS! Expand
  87. Mar 18, 2012
    This is one of the greatest western RPG's created yet it is held back by MANY repetive quests, obnoxious characters, and many glitches. The expanse of the world as well as its beauty make up for it. The story is lackluster but still great.
  88. Mar 21, 2012
    Not a perfect game by any stretch of the imagination. Bugs from dragons flying backwards to the floor missing in Whiterun and having to fast travel to there again to sort out the problem have befallen me. I have had my ps3 crash maybe 30+ times. I have simply lost some of my favourite NPC's and not noticed until its too late to restart from an old save to save them as it would need 5 hoursNot a perfect game by any stretch of the imagination. Bugs from dragons flying backwards to the floor missing in Whiterun and having to fast travel to there again to sort out the problem have befallen me. I have had my ps3 crash maybe 30+ times. I have simply lost some of my favourite NPC's and not noticed until its too late to restart from an old save to save them as it would need 5 hours redoing and they have does for seemingly no reason. The voice acting is atrocious, repetative and sucks you out of this otherwise lovingly created world and the combat is floaty and a bit rubbish. And worst of all was the lag before patch 1.4 (which has 100% sorted my game - 120h save).

And yet, I have played this game more than any other game in years. Skyrim for all it's faults has alot to offer. It's huge, colourful, fun and exciting. Dungeons can be very tense and completing quests very rewarding. If you can look past it's shortcomings, there are possibly hundreds of hours of epic fun to be had.
  89. Mar 25, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I don't know what you're complaining about all the time. My version (EU) isn't buggy or laggy at all.
    Sometimes, loading times are a little bit longer but there aren't any lags since the last updates.

In my opinion, this game ist one of the best of all times (especially in RPG-genre). It's my favourite game.
    The graphics are unbelievable, the story is good (not perfect at all ;))
    I love it!
  90. Dec 27, 2012
    Yeah it's true... this game had a lot of GLITCHES. But the solved them all!! Don't worry about the those 1744 reviews :D yeah don't worry about them. They have updated the PS3 version and yeah it took a while but it's finally over.

I had the game months ago and sold it to Gamestop but now the graphics are stunning compared with the old graphics I saw months ago... for real. This is a good game. It's big. Don't spit on it.
  91. Oct 4, 2012
    Another Bethesda game that looks and feels amazing. While the game is great, and I'm still playing it almost a year after buying it it is missing many things I enjoyed from it's previous entries. No more crafting your own spells, and no more casting spells while keeping a sword and shield equipped are both things that annoy me personally, and I don't really follow the line of reasoningAnother Bethesda game that looks and feels amazing. While the game is great, and I'm still playing it almost a year after buying it it is missing many things I enjoyed from it's previous entries. No more crafting your own spells, and no more casting spells while keeping a sword and shield equipped are both things that annoy me personally, and I don't really follow the line of reasoning they used to explain it.
    Also, the game is still buggy from time to time after several patches. Sometimes (about twice a play through for me) scripts will break locking you out of progressing a mission, fortunately, there is enough to do that you could get locked out of a dozen or so missions and still have tons to do. Still, the game received several graphic updates with the expansion, whether or not you purchased it, as well as some new models. With this kind of support, and with the expansiveness of the game, I feel that this game should be a purchase for any rpg gamers.
  92. Oct 17, 2012
    I do not understand the bad reviews on this game. This game is amazing. For all you oblivion, fallout fans u must get this game and play it!!!!!!!!!!!
  93. Oct 29, 2012
    Honestly, the best game I have ever played. The main plot is hugely creative, and you do not have to follow on that plot if you do not want to. The graphics are phenomenally beautiful, and you feel as if you are in the action. The glitches are sometimes funny, and I have to deal with such little glitches. Superb game.
  94. Oct 29, 2012
    It doesn't deserve the negative ratings it has got, sure there are some bugs, but, don't hinder gameplay in the slightest I find, some are even funny. I love Bethesda games :) I don't play on 'easy' moderate difficulty is always best, haha, then hardest :)
  95. Oct 30, 2012
    This was one of the best games I have ever played. The graphics are great, the story keeps you involved, and the game play is superb. Yes there were a few bugs once your saved data reached over 6MB, but I honestly didn't experience any during my play through. A must have for all gamers, RPG fans or not.
  96. Nov 3, 2012
    Skyrim is an amazing game.

As with most Bethesda releases there are multiple flaws that, to some, will amount to an unplayable game, but if you can look past superficialities and some serious but infrequent faults then it's one of the biggest, deepest and most rewarding games ever released. The environment is winter-esque in nature meaning that there's a lot of white and grey
    Skyrim is an amazing game.

The environment is winter-esque in nature meaning that there's a lot of white and grey interspersed with pale green and muddy brown. The textures of the world are ugly on the PS3 version with a repetitive texture mapping system being used on some of the larger plains, however the fog-shrouded mountains are magnificent and at any time in Skyrim when a blizzard hits as you plow onwards to your destination then the graphics crank up from good to awesome.

The scale of the world is staggering, there are of course limits to where you can travel to but the playground is so immense that you'd have to be deliberately trying to test the limits in order to encounter any barriers.
    The towns and settlements are beautifully thought out and almost themed in nature, varying from a mountain-side city to a cluster of homes planted around a swamp, the Jarl's that oversee the towns give a nice sense of identity to the inter-Skyrim populations.

There is a breadth of variety in the missions and two main plot threads (a 2-side civil war and a resurgence of ancient dragons) that occur, the massive technical scope of the game means that continuity and natural consequences are sacrificed so comrades who've fought by your side dozens of times and haled you as a hero in the scripted sequences either threaten, ignore or casually comment on the weather when you encounter them after the set missions and this can seem to lessen the sense of accomplishment after you tie up a plot thread.

Players can duel wield a short sword and shield, hold a single great sword or have magic in one or both hands or a sword in one and magic in the other.
    The enemies range irritatingly from blade-fodder to mega-balls hard cases meaning that sometimes you can embark on a mission only to discover you're not at a high enough level to handle the legion of barbarians that charge you whilst your trying to retrieve a book or steal a coronet.
    Worse is when you attack, deliberately or by accident, anyone in a town or court - this leads to an army of yelping glitchy morons all attacking you at once and shouting incoherent non-sense whilst you can't help but laugh at the ridiculous farce erupting around you. Skyrim is a great game and a brilliant technical achievement but there are flaws, in fairness they are more to do with the limitations of current hardware over sloppiness on behalf of the devs, that being said there are reports of the system crashing, file saves corrupting and missions being incompletable due to scripted events not occuring - I've never encountered any such problems however.
    If you are a forgiving gamer, but Skyrim, if you like a pristine COD experience then don't bother.
  97. Nov 10, 2012
    Skyrim is one of the most amazing games I have ever played. Perhaps the main history isn´t interesting enough, but if you play the alter-missions mixed with the main history, this game becomes very enjoyable. The bugs and the glitches happen usually in this game, but instead of hate the game becouse of that, I really enjoy and laugh a lot with some of them ( Like a dragon flying inSkyrim is one of the most amazing games I have ever played. Perhaps the main history isn´t interesting enough, but if you play the alter-missions mixed with the main history, this game becomes very enjoyable. The bugs and the glitches happen usually in this game, but instead of hate the game becouse of that, I really enjoy and laugh a lot with some of them ( Like a dragon flying in cyrcles, or things like that ). In conclusion:
    The best: Beautiful graphics, hours and hours and hours of gaming, great music and the best RPG game in 2011.
    The worst: Some bugs, main history a bit boring.
  98. Nov 30, 2014
    It's almost 2015 and the bugs seem to have been resolved. This is a great game, but for some reason, I can't finish it after playing from the beginning 3 times. I get close to finishing, but if I take too much time off from the game, I forget where I am and the immersion is gone. It's also too easy after about mid game. It's a massive game, but most of the terrain is in the same coldIt's almost 2015 and the bugs seem to have been resolved. This is a great game, but for some reason, I can't finish it after playing from the beginning 3 times. I get close to finishing, but if I take too much time off from the game, I forget where I am and the immersion is gone. It's also too easy after about mid game. It's a massive game, but most of the terrain is in the same cold mountainous region. I know it's Skyrim, but it's a dreary setting everywhere unlike Oblivion which is more mixed.

Despite these minor complaints, Skyrim has a huge world and I'm proof that you could spend years exploring it and still not see it all. If my PS3 still worked, I would look forward to trying yet again from the beginning in a few months.
  99. Nov 25, 2012
    FUS RO DAH! i love the elderscrolls skyrim! it is one of the most fun, exiding, fantasy awesome free roming video games! i like that you can choose what to say to people to choose what you want to happen. its always really fun when you find a shout wall with a dragon gaurding it and imagine what the shout may be... collecting spells, weapons, armor, and shouts, is just 4 of many exiding,FUS RO DAH! i love the elderscrolls skyrim! it is one of the most fun, exiding, fantasy awesome free roming video games! i like that you can choose what to say to people to choose what you want to happen. its always really fun when you find a shout wall with a dragon gaurding it and imagine what the shout may be... collecting spells, weapons, armor, and shouts, is just 4 of many exiding, things to do in skyrim! Expand
  100. Nov 21, 2012
    Strange, looking at the critic reviews this got it looked good then reading the user reviews on here it looked bad. So bought it anyway and loved it. It goes to show you cant go on what people read. Loads of bugs yes, but gameplay and variety really excelled on this game. This is one of the best games ive played, just before you buy a game watch video clips and dont go on what people sayStrange, looking at the critic reviews this got it looked good then reading the user reviews on here it looked bad. So bought it anyway and loved it. It goes to show you cant go on what people read. Loads of bugs yes, but gameplay and variety really excelled on this game. This is one of the best games ive played, just before you buy a game watch video clips and dont go on what people say because i very nearly never bought this game. Enjoy Expand

1. Official PlayStation Magazine Benelux
    Jan 2, 2012
    This is a game full of emotions for gamers who are willing to embrace it. A beautiful fantasy land that makes loading times a thing of the past and is full of surprises. Not only do you get a lot of variety in the locations, the gameplay offers a lot of different experiences as well. [December 2011, p.66]
  2. Dec 28, 2011
    I enjoyed Skyrim and I look forward to the DLC that we know is inevitably coming. If we looked at this honestly, though, this game probably should have been pushed back a month or so for more polish. It needed it and it still does.
  3. Playstation: The Official Magazine (US)
    Dec 17, 2011
    Skyrim is a gorgeous production that truly does justice to the words "roleplaying game." It doesn't just tell us a story, it gives us the chance to tell a story of our own. At its best, that's what an interactive art form should be all about. [Jan 2011, p.73]