6.3

1. Feb 10, 2012
    I have changed my review of this game from a 3 to an 8 because the majority of the game seems to be working correctly now. I no longer see frame rate drops that make the game unplayable. Also a lot of the quest bugs have been fixed. There is still some glitches, but overall most of the major problems have been fixed. This game is an amazing game full of hundreds of hours of open worldI have changed my review of this game from a 3 to an 8 because the majority of the game seems to be working correctly now. I no longer see frame rate drops that make the game unplayable. Also a lot of the quest bugs have been fixed. There is still some glitches, but overall most of the major problems have been fixed. This game is an amazing game full of hundreds of hours of open world fun. If the new patch really fixed the frame rate drops for as long as everyone wants to play the game, whether its 2 hours at a time or 10 I believe everyone who likes massive open world games should buy this. Expand
  2. Dec 11, 2011
    Bethesda needs to face up to the fact that they deliver broken games to it's PS3 community. I have played Elder Scrolls:Oblivion, Fallout 3 & Fallout: New Vegas before purchasing Elder Scrolls Skyrim. I have put way too many hours into all these games. I will admit I love these games, but the fact that we are dealing with the same technical issues is disappointing. Especially for a gameBethesda needs to face up to the fact that they deliver broken games to it's PS3 community. I have played Elder Scrolls:Oblivion, Fallout 3 & Fallout: New Vegas before purchasing Elder Scrolls Skyrim. I have put way too many hours into all these games. I will admit I love these games, but the fact that we are dealing with the same technical issues is disappointing. Especially for a game that wins awards. Interestingly enough the game I had the least problems with was Oblivion. But Fallout 3 had plenty of framerate & crash issues, followed by the mess that was New Vegas and now Skyrim, which was highly anticipated by me and other PS3 Elder Scrolls fans gets released with the same issues and frustrations we've dealt with in past titles using the same game engine. Its very discouraging and disappointing. Where is the quality assurance in the video game industry ? I can't in clear conscience recommend anybody buy this game on PS3. If this game ran without the freezing and problems, I would give it a 10 rating for sure, but as it stands it makes a better coaster for my beverage than a game to put into my PS3. Sorry Bethesda......that's the honest truth. Deal with it. Expand
  3. Nov 11, 2011
    Awesome game...I loved Oblivion, but that can't be compared to Skyrim. Prepare for a huge game, hundreds of quests and quite nice graphics for an open-rpg. However, what makes this game really outstanding and one of the best RPG's ever produced is the atmosphere. The soundtrack is legendary. Enough said, now buy and play ;)
  4. Nov 12, 2011
    Totally amazing!! the most important game of the year. WE ARE FREE to do all we want to is this virtual world, you dont like the history missions? go and kill everybody, hunt, marry someone, investigate, read books... grat graphics for this game (we cant wait por u3 graphics) absolutly amazing music, and a great world. maybe it's not a game for everyone, but if you come to skyrim, feelTotally amazing!! the most important game of the year. WE ARE FREE to do all we want to is this virtual world, you dont like the history missions? go and kill everybody, hunt, marry someone, investigate, read books... grat graphics for this game (we cant wait por u3 graphics) absolutly amazing music, and a great world. maybe it's not a game for everyone, but if you come to skyrim, feel it's power, you'll see that this game is pure love.(sorry for my english) Expand
  5. hav
    Nov 11, 2011
    I loved Morrowind and oblivion. This is no different. Absolutely sunning visuals and game play.

This draws from Morrowind's more graphic style and leans away from the quiet quaintness of Oblivion. It's a very very fun and detailed game.
  6. Nov 11, 2011
    In good ...

In good ...

This game has a very serious problem ...
    It is impossible to stop playing!

Who loves the Norse mythology, will delight every new place visited.

For Odin ... I'm speechless ...
  7. Nov 11, 2011
    I Love This Game!!! iam so turned on by it!!!
    I wanna make love to it!!! I wanna make baby's with it!
    I wanna worship it!! I wanna scream at it!!!!

Michel
  8. Nov 11, 2011
    Rofl at anyone saying negative things about this game, it's a masterpiece. Big improvement from Oblivion, go and buy this game. Not saying that people don't have opinions, but when I see "graphics are bad" it makes me a little disappointed. Forget that nonsense, the graphics are unreal for this type of game, don't believe what all those negative reviews say.
  9. Nov 11, 2011
    This game is at the epitome of amazing RPG's. Games like Dark Souls and Mass Effect are close to the elder scrolls series but never succeed it. The graphics are tight, the gameplay (albeit still a bit floaty) has been improved vastly, the story not a great as morrowinds but has been improved from oblivions. And the general feeling of being able to have total freedom to do whatever youThis game is at the epitome of amazing RPG's. Games like Dark Souls and Mass Effect are close to the elder scrolls series but never succeed it. The graphics are tight, the gameplay (albeit still a bit floaty) has been improved vastly, the story not a great as morrowinds but has been improved from oblivions. And the general feeling of being able to have total freedom to do whatever you desire makes this a must have game. Expand
  10. Nov 15, 2011
    Greatest game rver made. Breathtaking graphics/art design, epically good and perfectly fitting soundtrack. They took everything that worked best in the elder scrolls and fallout to make the best game they have ever done. Dont let the trolls fool you, the critics are right for once.
  11. Nov 11, 2011
    Such a beautifully executed game. The world sis immense, the people are fun to play, talk and mess with. Caves are challenging and rewarding. The new lock pick system is very nice. Creating your character is a lot more in depth and satisfying. the snow covered mountains and great views are outstanding. It could be the next LOZ:OOt.
  12. Nov 11, 2011
    Only been playing a few hours and am completely hooked. Have never been a fan of the Fallout series or previous Elder Scrolls games but bought Skyrim hoping that this one would live up to the hype. It has. The amount of stuff there is to do on this game seems limitless. Great open world, solid gameplay (although using magic feels a lot more fluid than using weapons), and so much freedom ofOnly been playing a few hours and am completely hooked. Have never been a fan of the Fallout series or previous Elder Scrolls games but bought Skyrim hoping that this one would live up to the hype. It has. The amount of stuff there is to do on this game seems limitless. Great open world, solid gameplay (although using magic feels a lot more fluid than using weapons), and so much freedom of choice. I foresee myself spending hours and hours on Skyrim. Expand
  13. Nov 11, 2011
    Easily one of my favorite games ever. So much to do, and no serious bugs (only glitchy things I've run into have been comical). Good work Bethesda... you delivered another classic.
  14. Nov 11, 2011
    Skyrim graphic is a bit poor compared to other games in that area and let fall a few stitches. But we were there within hours and used to have for the rest of the game as a heavy drawback experienced, though for himself how important the graphics are.

The graphics however, we have all had significant criticism. "Sure: For Elder Scrolls fans of the first hour, which did not even Oblivion, Skyrim will in many respects, not deep enough. Who Skyrim game itself looks like, however, no other conclusion than that this is a great rpg. The atmosphere of the game completely sucks you in and the story lines, with all the variety in it, strengthen it simply.

Rarely have we seen a game world that is so profound as elaborated Skyrim. The written specifically for this game dragon language to how villagers respond to you, watch the game with details and use them. Skyrim is everything an RPG should be for us, and more extensive than we can ever show in a review. The game is true on all sides and balance combined with ditto quests and a few impressive moments that in itself is worth to play this game. Whoever feels a little bit of fantasy should not miss this game.

Pros

+ Some views are superb
    + Open world, total freedom
    + Impressive moments, especially in the main quest
    + Many opportunities, many quests
    + Original quest lines
    + Better than Oblivion level system
    + Dragons, including their language
    + Shouts provide a powerful feeling

Cons

- Graphic moderate, especially animation and facial expressions of characters
    - Some minor bugs, as well by patch release to be solved
  15. Jul 31, 2013
    In my opinion one of the best games ever. This game feels great, looks great and has a fantastic open world atmosphere. A must buy for any fan of roll playing games or Bethesda games in general.
  16. Dec 8, 2011
    Yes it lags. No I don't care. It doesn't matter because it's an amazing game. I have been absorbed into this game and I can't get out. It doesn't matter that there are glitches. I still deserves a 10/10 because in NO way can it get a 0 very VERY few games deserve a 0. IGN haven't ever given out a 0. What did you do? Plan this attack? Did you all decide to dislike it at once? Listen.Yes it lags. No I don't care. It doesn't matter because it's an amazing game. I have been absorbed into this game and I can't get out. It doesn't matter that there are glitches. I still deserves a 10/10 because in NO way can it get a 0 very VERY few games deserve a 0. IGN haven't ever given out a 0. What did you do? Plan this attack? Did you all decide to dislike it at once? Listen.
    Graphics: 9.0
    Sound: 10
    Story: 9.0
    Presentation: 8.5
    Length: 10
    Gameplay: 10
    You can do anything at all. I don't know what I'll get other than hates but I'll still say it: Game of the Year.
  17. Feb 13, 2012
    Skyrim traded game play for story and for that I was rather disappointed but at the same time I can't exactly stay that way when no other game out today can even come close with either element. A good story will keep you enthralled for a short time(longer in the case of the elder scrolls games with their multiple story lines) but the game play with what hooks you for years. The main questSkyrim traded game play for story and for that I was rather disappointed but at the same time I can't exactly stay that way when no other game out today can even come close with either element. A good story will keep you enthralled for a short time(longer in the case of the elder scrolls games with their multiple story lines) but the game play with what hooks you for years. The main quest line was much better executed than the past games and also worked to tie in the secondary quest lines as well but this also led to things being somewhat more restrictive. But onto the game play if you look at the history of the series things have been getting dumbed down or condensed if you want a nice way to say it. Skyrim is no exception and in some cases accelerated the process from oblivion. not least of all was how stupidly east they made it to level up if you know how to exploit you can nearly level a skill up to a hundred(the max) just by casting a spell on yourself while you are traveling to and through your first main story quest. Exploiting the smithing skill is even faster if you have the money to do it and contrary to the past games where doing this is likely to leave you weak in other skill areas, in skyrim there is little to no disadvantage there. There are plenty of new features that were a welcome addition but not enough to make up for all the others that were dumbed down. The attention to detail also suffered greatly but looking at the time scale that the game was developed in I can't put too much blame on them for failing to uphold their original standard. The bottom line is that I expected much better from Bethesda but compared to the rest of the market it is still leaps and bounds ahead, these reviews on the other hand on average are ignorant and at best full of knee jerk reactions. I urge anyone reading these to take them with a grain of salt as few other games out there offer a better technical experience anymore and none offer the same level of gameplay, Expand
  18. Jan 20, 2012
    No one can expect a game as massive as Skyrim to not have its bugs. Bethesda says they're working on it, so what more do you want? Personally, the game is a big improvement from Oblivion. The combat is easy enough to get into and the skills/perks system will have you clamoring for one more level up into the wee hours of the morning. There are some annoying bugs, such as the framerateNo one can expect a game as massive as Skyrim to not have its bugs. Bethesda says they're working on it, so what more do you want? Personally, the game is a big improvement from Oblivion. The combat is easy enough to get into and the skills/perks system will have you clamoring for one more level up into the wee hours of the morning. There are some annoying bugs, such as the framerate dropping when it's auto-saving after you fast travel, but I tend to overlook that just because of how good the rest of the game is. If you're afraid of playing a game that has glitches, you might want to avoid this game until Bethesda patches it. If you're not really concerned with glitches and love open-world RPGs, you owe it to yourself to pick up this game. Enough said. Expand
  19. Nov 26, 2013
    I find it ridiculous that people have given this game a ZERO just because of its bugs. The only other justifying reason for saying this game is bad is that the combat is somewhat mellow. It really depends on your taste, and besides, it can get really frantic at times. The bugs aren't unforgiving, but they are somewhat understandable. Games this size normally have their fair share andI find it ridiculous that people have given this game a ZERO just because of its bugs. The only other justifying reason for saying this game is bad is that the combat is somewhat mellow. It really depends on your taste, and besides, it can get really frantic at times. The bugs aren't unforgiving, but they are somewhat understandable. Games this size normally have their fair share and Skyrim is no exception. Frankly, the shear content is enough to sell this game. Firstly, the map is HUMONGOUS. Not only that, but it's also fun to explore and there is plenty of quests to urge you TO explore it. There's normally something close to where you are, be it a temple or a village, each with something interesting in them. That's the thing with Skyrim, you never know what you're going to get. A house could have in it a chest filled with loot or a group of skeletons.

There's a real sense of adventure in every quest and in just exploring the map. That's the beauty of Skyrim, and any Elder Scrolls for that matter: a quest might want you to kill a certain bandit or monster... but you could just as easily walk 50 miles in the opposite direction, place a basket on a dog's head and then kill it. It's very rare for a game to evoke such a sense of freedom. Many a quest will offer some way of going off the path. You could help an NPC through a dungeon, only to be told he is carrying a priceless artefact and you are given the option to kill him. There's just so much to do: craft a weapon, buy a house, get married, go on a quest, become thane of a province, the list goes on. It's one of those games that will take completionists hundreds of hours to do everything there is to do. If anything, it's well worth the money.

However urgent the main story quest at the point seems, you can always forget about it for a few days and spend your time doing other things. However, the storyline is amazing. The idea makes you feel epic: you are what is known as dragonborn, half man half dragon, and you are literally the only one that can stop the dragons from destroying all of Tamriel. It truly is the end of days... if you cannot do anything about it. This is exactly the right setup for a game of this setting. The world truly feels in danger; dragons attack villages and castles all the time. These battles are truly a visual spectacle, but you can eventually learn a dragon's movements fairly easily. That said, it never really gets old to see a dragon crash to the ground leaving a huge trench of dirt as they skid across the ground. The ending is great, but the final boss is a bit easy. I would recommend, if you are a high level, to bump up the difficulty.

Overall, there's no reason a fan of RPGs, or simply video games, would not enjoy this. I ended sinking so many hours into Skyrim and was happy to do so! I urge you to get this game. You owe it to yourself if you own a console or decent PC. And, don't you go stealing anybody's sweet roll, now!
  20. Nov 28, 2013
    I want to give Skyrim a 10. It is the definitive adventure game of this generation, creating an unrivaled sense of immersion and a world that feels believable without the prescience of your character. Skyrim is a living breathing world with living breathing people, an accomplishment little to no games can boast. It provides limitless entertainment, giving me 200 hours of worth of contentI want to give Skyrim a 10. It is the definitive adventure game of this generation, creating an unrivaled sense of immersion and a world that feels believable without the prescience of your character. Skyrim is a living breathing world with living breathing people, an accomplishment little to no games can boast. It provides limitless entertainment, giving me 200 hours of worth of content and I'm still not even close to finishing all the side missions and quests. But there is one fatal flaw to Bestheda's latest gem: bugs. Lots and lots of bugs. I usually disregard glitches in games. If it doesn't affect the overall experience, such as a texture glitch or the occasional entrapment in a wall or pillar, it doesn't really matter. However, Skyrim possesses many glitches that make quests unbeatable, as well as cause game-ruining glitches that make some of the major missions impossible to complete. With all that said, is the PS3 version of Skyrim a good game worth buying?
    The story is your typical hero story. You are a hero named Dragonborn who the prophecies foretold to help defeat an evil dragon named Alduin and prevent the entire Nordic race from being wiped out by the return of the dragons. However, the greatest part of Skyrim is the fact that you don't have to follow any narrative or predetermined plot structure. This is YOUR story, and you can do whatever you want. There are seven major story lines in total, meaning that instead of fighting the dragons, you can completely ignore your destiny and join a Thieves Guild or a Dark Brotherhood of assassins. All of these main quests are memorable in their own way, introducing you to a plethora of new characters that all leave their mark on you throughout the adventure. Betrayals are common, allies die in seconds, and all of Skyrim is up to date on your escapades. You couldn't imagine when a trader in Riften congratulated me on my promotion to the group of do-good era known as the Companions in Whiterun, even though the two cities are miles and miles apart. It's amazing how real the game can feel, ranging from the perfect reactions to a murder (all of the guards coming quickly to the scene and even shooting first if you are a notorious criminal) to the anger a family feels when they intrude into their house after hours.
    Along with all of these high notes, every aspect of the gameplay feels great and rewarding. You level up on how often you use a skill, rewarding you for your persistence and recognizing which skills you value over others instead of making a decision right at the start of the game. In any other RPG, I'd likely have to choose between a warrior or a Mage immediately, without having an opportunity to test out both skills effectively. Also, trading and crafting spice up the hiatus between dungeon exploration and world traveling. You can craft your own weapons, which become more advanced the more you level up your skills with blacksmithing, and add magical perks on top of them, which is also self-acquired throughout the adventure in dungeons. These dungeons are also enjoyable, each of the several hundred feeling fresh and rarely repetitive due to the quests linked with each one. In a sense, you build yourself up from nothing into the hero everyone expects you to be. But in another sense, you live a life. 100 hours into the game, I reflected back on my journey as I sat on a tower chair, staring up at a beautiful starry night. I defeated Alduin in an epic battle. I inherited the Dark Brotherhood and became part werewolf. I also found love, marrying my housecarl and settling down in a large house in Solitude. However, on one quest, she died suddenly and I buried her where she was slain, forced to push onwards. As I stared up at the stars, I realized how far I had come in my life as the Dragonborn, and how far still I had left to go. This stands as one of the most beautiful moments I've experienced in any video game.
    Despite all of this overwhelming praise I have and an unbridled spirit of adventure to describe, I can't ignore the bugs that lower this game's likability and nearly ruin the experience altogether. First off, during one quest, in the city of Markath, I aided a group of bloodthirsty outcasts to escape a prison. The game glitched during this quest and now I can no longer enter this city without dozens of guards ganging up on me demanding me to go back to the prison from which I escaped. When I try to negotiate, the conversation loops forever until I have no other choice but refuse, leading to a fight with an overwhelming amount of guards. In short, all of the missions involving Markath were rendered unplayable, which really detracted from the game. Also, about 50 hours into the game, I noticed that the game began to lag. Due to Skyrim's awkward save system, the game becomes laggy and almost unplayable after saving 50 hours into the game. The game runs much slower after this point, replacing the smooth animations and gameplay with near immobility. One time I literally stared at a screen for 3 minutes mid-game just to wait for my character to take one swing at a dragon. Once the screen reaches its limit, the game loses its immersion and becomes extremely annoying to play.
    Overall, Skyrim could have been one of the best PS3 games ever made. Everything is there: perfect immersion, an amazing sense of progression and individuality with a story that revolves around you and you alone, and gameplay that allows you to build yourself up into one of Skyrim's greatest heroes. However, bugs and glitches bring this down, a dark stain on an otherwise flawless experience. Although the PC version is a much cleaner version that for the most part fixes these problems, Skyrim for the PS3 is a great adventure that everyone should experience, transcending its flaws in order to provide one of the most memorable RPGs in recent memory.

8.8/10
  21. Oct 15, 2014
    Negative reviews do not reflect the game. It is an absolute masterpiece. I recommend this game for hardcore gamers. Twitch players may get bored.

Good: First person rpg at its best. Outstanding graphics, great gameplay, fun quests and story. I have 100+ hours into this game. Bad: detailed game creates memory issues. I personally keep my ps3 virtually empty and have t had any issues.

Overall: value for dollar for this game is fantastic. Years after the original release i still go back to play it. Cant wait for bethesda game works next release. Great job guys... You keep my faith in the gaming industry.
  22. Mar 16, 2015
    This game is great.It gives so many options and most of the events that happen are based on your actions.I really hope Bethseda makes more games like this!
  23. Jan 27, 2012
    I got this for Christmas and have spent well in excess of 60 hours playing thus far. There are bugs that mess up some quests. But if you save often and recognize what's going on then you can usually go back and remedy it. But that is a valid complaint against this game. I am not having lagging problems. My friends report, though I have not oft experienced, the game simply freezing up.I got this for Christmas and have spent well in excess of 60 hours playing thus far. There are bugs that mess up some quests. But if you save often and recognize what's going on then you can usually go back and remedy it. But that is a valid complaint against this game. I am not having lagging problems. My friends report, though I have not oft experienced, the game simply freezing up. I got that a great deal with Oblivion. Not so much in Skyrim. I never lower the difficulty of a game, but I have friends that like that feature of this game. But those flaws notwithstanding, Skyrim is a beautiful, expansive and amazing game. I know the main story is short and i have not resumed it since I identified it. There are great puzle challenges, difficult battles, the freedom to create any kind of character you want and a thorough method of gaining experience. I truly love this game, notwithstanding its flaws. Expand
  24. Apr 3, 2012
    Skyrim is a difficult game to review. It has been the bearer of the single worst technical glitch that I have ever seen in a game. After I invested a large amount of time in it, the game re-payed me by becoming totally unplayable. The frame-rate dropped to a virtual standstill and the game would crash repeatedly. The result of which led Skyrim to become an unexpected dust-gatherer. But...Skyrim is a difficult game to review. It has been the bearer of the single worst technical glitch that I have ever seen in a game. After I invested a large amount of time in it, the game re-payed me by becoming totally unplayable. The frame-rate dropped to a virtual standstill and the game would crash repeatedly. The result of which led Skyrim to become an unexpected dust-gatherer. But... I recently returned to Skyrim after a few months away to find the problems patched and the game actually playable again. Can I let bygones be bygones? Can I set aside all that frustration and truly accept Skyrim for what it is and not what it once was? If it wasn't one of the best RPG's of all time, the answer would be a huge NO. But it is, so maybe I can. Skyrim offers unparalleled depth and an almost infinite playtime. You can loose yourself in this world for whole days without batting an eye. It is, quite simply, one of the most immersive, brilliant games ever made. Expand
  25. Apr 25, 2012
    You can play and interpret it any way you want. This is Skyrim's ultimate joy. For me, the game is a nature simulator. There is nothing like wandering into the mountains to listen to the wind rustle amongst the trees, moon rising in the night sky, snow crunching under your weary feet. Somber music swells in the background from some unseen orchestra, and a deer scurries by delicately.You can play and interpret it any way you want. This is Skyrim's ultimate joy. For me, the game is a nature simulator. There is nothing like wandering into the mountains to listen to the wind rustle amongst the trees, moon rising in the night sky, snow crunching under your weary feet. Somber music swells in the background from some unseen orchestra, and a deer scurries by delicately. Everything is serene and there is no reason to kill a thing. I Expand
  26. Mar 11, 2012
    If you happen to have a spare 100 hours or so then you are definitely going to want to pick this game up. I found myself so immersed in Skyrim that I could spend a whole day playing, and still not want to put the controller down; which doesn't happen to me very often these days. The constellation leveling system works very well and I had a great time building up my character to suit myIf you happen to have a spare 100 hours or so then you are definitely going to want to pick this game up. I found myself so immersed in Skyrim that I could spend a whole day playing, and still not want to put the controller down; which doesn't happen to me very often these days. The constellation leveling system works very well and I had a great time building up my character to suit my playing style. The world of Skyrim is massive, to put it lightly, and there are always new places to find and new side quests to stumble upon. The lore behind The Elder Scrolls is fascinating and you can't help but get sucked into the atmosphere of the game. The music is brilliant and is everything you'd hope for in a fantasy epic. Sure there were problems when the game was released, but they've been fixed now. However, the reason I'm giving it an 8 is because releasing a game that isn't finished just isn't acceptable. But all in all, Skyrim is a must play for any adventure fans out there. Expand
  27. Jan 22, 2012
    i am a huge fan of bethseda games and must say this game gave me my expectetions and much more. the game is flowing with content either side quests or just rummaging around for tresure it really does the series justice. the controls are simple and easy to use making combat so much better and the landsape itself is sooo well detailed. now here are the downsides. the charecter creation isi am a huge fan of bethseda games and must say this game gave me my expectetions and much more. the game is flowing with content either side quests or just rummaging around for tresure it really does the series justice. the controls are simple and easy to use making combat so much better and the landsape itself is sooo well detailed. now here are the downsides. the charecter creation is good but not really good. a big improvement from oblivions but it just dont feel like i can make the charecter i want. the story isnt as good as what oblivions is, its a good setup and charecters are ok, but not great. there are glicthes and bugs in the game that bring it down such as broken quests, texture slowdowns nd soo on and so on. netherless with so many intresting quests and places, youll spend so much hours into the game. Expand
  28. Mar 11, 2012
    This is my first written review, and in my enthusiasm I forgot to place my rating. I don't know how the red empty circle got there, but I really want it to be a big, green circle containing the number 10. Genius, even with a few flaws and glitches, is still genius. The imagination and absolute talent of the guys at Bethesda is staggering, to say the least.
  29. Apr 29, 2013
    Skyrim leaves the lasting impression that it truly will be a game that doesn’t end, a never ending story if you will, and it creates the sort of vibrant world that you know will continue to exist even after you have decided to no longer take part in its wondrous offerings of freedom and fantasy.
    The most surreal thing about playing such an expansive and sprawling world is the fact that while playing it, I truly wanted to get lost in this realm of Tamriel, whether it was pacing through the snow in Winterhold or standing atop the waterfall-laden city of Markarth, there is such an endless amount of sight-seeing and exploration to be had in this game before you even consider the stories being told.
    Without delving too much into the main quest, simply because there are that many side missions and stories that it seems unfair to dwell, your character is in fact a Dragonborn, and of course dragons seem to have returned to Skyrim for unknown reasons, and you are tasked with finding out the nature of their visit, but also try and heal relations between The Imperials and the Stormcloak rebellion. But of course our own Dragonborn must deal with everything else that he is being tasked with around this fast land.
    Whether you are learning a ‘Dragon Shout” or simply taking out your sword for close combat, the opportunities are endless as to what can be achieved in the remarkable game.
    As our hero is tasked with these shouts, which enable him to reach into the very soul of the dragons and basically use their powers, clear the sky of a storm, create a thunderstorm, breathe fire or even call a fallen soldier to your aid, these are all options, and that is only shouts, not magic. Magic can be used through Ice, Lightning or even Fire, whether your’e simply wanting to inflame a wolf who is giving you grief or go to extreme lengths and try to take down a dragon, the supernatural means are all on offer.
    The customisation of your character is indeed endless, after picking from a vast array of races, you can begin upgrading your character with anything you can get your hands on.
    Walk around in a simple rag if you want to, or why not join the Thieves Guild, work your way up and possess the fantastic Nightingale armour, or even steal the clothing from an Imperial guard, along with his gold, a key to his chest or even a house.
    But why stop there? Why not buy your very own property? Kit it out with whatever is on offer and even store all your baggage that you don’t want to sell or get rid of but simply cannot carry it anymore. The game truly offers another life for you to take control of and do as you see fit.
    But of course a game this vast and sprawling doesn’t come without its own baggage, and unfortunately this fifth entry into the Elder Scrolls universe is not without its problems. In terms of gameplay, the movement itself of NPCs and yourself still aren’t on par with games of the same generation, and the combat is in the most sincere way, woeful. Bethesda still cannot seem to incorporate a workable and enjoyable style of hand to hand combat without it looking tired and annoying, shields and swords are heavily upgradeable, but I found myself managing to come into possession of a wonderful sword, but equipping it to one hand with a fireball spell on the other, the motion of fighting is still very dark-age looking and should be given more time to improve upon. The game does also come with gltiches a plenty, and while some are just plain hilarious (getting thrown 100 feet in the air simply by falling from my horse) most are frustrating to the point of having to restart the console or last save game.
    But these little inklings aside, Skyrim itself is just bursting with untainted beauty. Staring out at the glaciers in the distance, sure just go for a walk to them and bathe in the environment around you, there is the best chance that you will encounter a side mission that just might sound interesting, retrieve a book from a derelict cave or go and do the bidding of a god. When this much detail goes into a game, it would just be insulting not to give it a try, with epic needing to be used in every sentence about this wonderful fantasy, it truly is one of the best games to ever grace a console, and will be enough to keep many occupied for a long time to come.
  30. Jan 13, 2013
    I'm glad I waited a year to buy and play this game, as it appears I'm not dealing with any of the bugs so many people have complained of. It's a great game in many respects. Beautiful graphics, great soundtrack, immersive storyline, and very involved experience and item creation system. The only complaint I have is many of the quests are pretty much exactly the same with differentI'm glad I waited a year to buy and play this game, as it appears I'm not dealing with any of the bugs so many people have complained of. It's a great game in many respects. Beautiful graphics, great soundtrack, immersive storyline, and very involved experience and item creation system. The only complaint I have is many of the quests are pretty much exactly the same with different dialogue: something happens, you have to go get something, it's in a dungeon filled with zombies. It can make parts of the game a bit tedious. But it's still one of those games that you can sit down and play all day, then think about it all next day while you're at work. That has to count for something. Expand
  31. Apr 7, 2012
    I refrained from playing Skyrim for a while while the problems were patched. But now as I play it, I realized I have wasted the past few months NOT PLAYING IT. It is a phenomenon, and a MetaScore as poor as 5.4 is a travesty! People, what doesn't this game give you? Huge roaming space, millions of NPCS to meet and dragons to fight. I understand the game had issues and that was unforgivableI refrained from playing Skyrim for a while while the problems were patched. But now as I play it, I realized I have wasted the past few months NOT PLAYING IT. It is a phenomenon, and a MetaScore as poor as 5.4 is a travesty! People, what doesn't this game give you? Huge roaming space, millions of NPCS to meet and dragons to fight. I understand the game had issues and that was unforgivable AT THE TIME. But come to your senses, and come back to Tamriel. Now with the fixed lag issues, you won't regret your stay. Expand
  32. Jan 17, 2012
    So you can just go ahead and ignore all the ignorant people posting 0's on here, since it's obvious they're just made about the issues this game has. Yes there are bugs, yes there are framerate issues, yes there are some annoying aspects of the game, but overall, I judge a game based on its merits as a game, and in no way do these bugs take away from the overall quality of this game.So you can just go ahead and ignore all the ignorant people posting 0's on here, since it's obvious they're just made about the issues this game has. Yes there are bugs, yes there are framerate issues, yes there are some annoying aspects of the game, but overall, I judge a game based on its merits as a game, and in no way do these bugs take away from the overall quality of this game. Best graphics in the Elder Scrolls series, the best streamlined interface yet for Elder Scrolls, and the best overall story. Morrowind had better atmosphere, but Skyrim has the more immersive gameplay. Combat could be better, but magic usage is much better than previous iterations. Not GOTY, but one of the best of 2011. Expand
  33. Mar 1, 2012
    Lots of people have rated this game bad, saying that its boring and glitchy. theres a name for these people, IDIOTS. Skyrim is possibly one of the best games ever created, with a beautifully huge open world to explore. thousands of individually crafted NPCs, each with there own back story and quests to give. the game play works perfectly and can be altered to you play style. the 200 hoursLots of people have rated this game bad, saying that its boring and glitchy. theres a name for these people, IDIOTS. Skyrim is possibly one of the best games ever created, with a beautifully huge open world to explore. thousands of individually crafted NPCs, each with there own back story and quests to give. the game play works perfectly and can be altered to you play style. the 200 hours of play time with keep up occupied for a long time, as you level up you character depending on how you like to play. i strongly suggest that you play this game. Expand
  34. Apr 2, 2012
    I've just started playing Skyrim and even though I hated Fallout 3 by the same guys, I am loving it.
    I know there are some small bugs, even in the early stages but my mate who has the 360 version has also had some problems, so it's not just the PS3.
    The graphics are excellent, the music and effects are very very good. Great locations, interesting characters and a wide range of side quests will keep me playing for a very long time.
    I had just finished Mass Effect 3 and decided to trade it for this, and it wasn't a mistake. I'm still discovering and have just bought my horse to get around easier.
    Even if you don't normally play RPG's you have to try this. Don't give up to early either, it's a massive game and gets better at every turn.
  35. Jun 1, 2012
    I love this game. The music is legendary and awesome. Graphics are some of the best of this generation. You have a vast world to explore, quests to find, do and reap the rewards off. This wouldn't only be addictive. It'll take your entire life away. There is an incomprehensible amount of things to do. Not only that but there is the main storyline, which lasts for 30-40 hours. And evenI love this game. The music is legendary and awesome. Graphics are some of the best of this generation. You have a vast world to explore, quests to find, do and reap the rewards off. This wouldn't only be addictive. It'll take your entire life away. There is an incomprehensible amount of things to do. Not only that but there is the main storyline, which lasts for 30-40 hours. And even after that there are hundred of quests and caves to clear up.I really like the combat, however seems hit and miss at times being like oblivion when I don't feel like I have actually hit the person. third-person though, has been improved, making playing third person in skyrim actually possible, unlike oblivion. The npcs in the game have been improved. They seem more realistic and the towns have more atmosphere to them. You can do a lot of things in the main towns like crafting, enchanting and improving weapons and armour. You buy and sell items you collected on your travels and obtain quests from people in the villages. You can also buy houses for a price. There is also a new and better levelling system that makes you gain xp from using your skills(one-handed, enchanting, smithing,etc.) up to when you level up and so on. The problems I had with the game was that there were a couple of quests that are glitched out and it detracts from the experience. Plus there is the big problem of lag in the game, and it spoils the combat and experience at times. Overall, if you are interested in a medieval adventure RPG I'd recommend you'd check this out. Expand
  36. Jun 10, 2012
    The bugs have been largely excised so do yourself a favor and buy this game!!! No RPG will be able to touch this one for a long, long time. Skyrim deliveries on every level. After several months of play, I'm still discovering new things - just like Oblivion before it.

Do it. You won't be disappointed!
  37. Nov 25, 2012
    I dont understand all the negative reviews? Everything they say is wrong? I loved this game, it isn't buggy AT ALL, the graphics are AMAZING, The storyline is epic. i loved this game, and i certainly recommend it to everyone who likes RPG Games.
  38. Aug 1, 2014
    While the PS3 version had a lot of issues at launch, along with the issue of the DLC, I'm glad Bethesda was able to sort out all the issues and get it running alright. I say alright because on the PS3 there is minor slowdown and in game freezes along with freezing at the load screen from time to time.

Don't get me wrong, The Elder Scrolls are my favorite game series to date, and I have played Morrowind and Oblivion over 200 hours a piece over the years.

For people who don't know what the game is about, it is different than any other game because of the freedoms you are given as the player. The beginning of the game is the only portion of the game that is linear (and all it really is, is a tutorial anyway). After that, you are free to explore the world in anyway you want. There is a main quest, but really, it's really your choice on what you want to do. If you want to build a fighting character, you can train your Health and Stamina and join the Fighters Guild and do missions that are based on killing stuff along with having a good story in the background. If you want to be a Mage, you train your Magicka and you go to the College of Winterhold and learn different spells that you can use to make your character better. You can also be an assassin, merchant, or a master of apothecary. All in all, it really doesn't matter what you do but personally I like joining the Dark Brotherhood and making an assassin with magical abilities such as invisibility (I've played for over 400 hours over the past two years on the difficulty Master).

That being said, I am not a video game nerd. And there are minor things that I would like to see fixed because I am a hardcore player. That is why I gave my review an 8. Someone new to the series I could see giving the game a 9 or even a 10 if you believe in perfection.

If you are a parent this holiday, I would recommend getting this game over Call Of Duty 14 for your kid if he's 16 to 18. Especially if he gets good grades in school and is a critical thinker because this game requires much more critical thinking than Call Of Duty 14 where you just shoot at people, get shot 1,000 times and don't die. I do understand that this is my personal opinion but Skyrim has won Game Of The Year by multiple publications and is regarded in nerdom as one of the best games ever made.

If your family has a nice computer, and don't live in the 1990's, I would recommend getting it for PC for enhanced graphics and the ability to mod your game which means you can add on to the biggest world ever created for a video game. Heck, you can even put lightsabers in it if you want.

And yes, I do have horns on my forehead. Because I was born that way. How about that Todd Howard.
  39. Jan 31, 2012
    Dont listen to any of those idiots saying skyrim is s*** .
    yes, it does lag but no where near as often as they make it out to be.
    Skyrim is one of- if not THE BEST-game ever created.
    you havent lived until youve played it. when you see a person in skyrim you can kill them, pickpocket them, do a quest for them, or befreind them...the choice is yours...
    enough said GET SKYRIM!!!
  40. Feb 16, 2012
    All i have to say is the=is game is nothing short of spectacular. skyrim makes you want to spend 100s of hours in the world created despite all its technical flaws, which have mostly been fixed in the new patch 1.4
  41. May 27, 2012
    Skyrim is the best game I have ever played. But it got a 9/10 because of the vast number of glitches, bugs and missing textures at certain points in the game.
  42. Feb 17, 2012
    i already reviewed this but after seeing all the trolls on here i have to re-submit. me and many of my friends played this game for many, many hours on ps3. i played it over 140 hours myself. yes, there was some frame-rate and other minor stuff but considering how literally HUGE this game is it is just not that big of a deal. i'll bet at least half of these people giving the game 0 on herei already reviewed this but after seeing all the trolls on here i have to re-submit. me and many of my friends played this game for many, many hours on ps3. i played it over 140 hours myself. yes, there was some frame-rate and other minor stuff but considering how literally HUGE this game is it is just not that big of a deal. i'll bet at least half of these people giving the game 0 on here are just repeating what they've heard and not even trying the game. it's a great game, maybe the best ever. if you like rpgs you HAVE TO play this or you are missing out on the best. period. haters go get your platinum trophies (like me) and then tell me the game doesn't work. Expand
  43. May 9, 2012
    A very, very good game. Unfortunately, some also very heavy bugs brought some disappointment. Many patches helped out a lot but did not fix it to a 100% clear game.
    Nevertheless: this is one o those outstanding rpg games we will remember a long time. And it is - at last - better than Oblivion and as good as Morrowind.

But, it definitely has too much loading-screens...
  44. Jan 16, 2012
    Amazing! Thats all that can be said for skyrim. From slaying dragons to clearing dungeons your breath will be taken away. I went into skyrim not expecting much. I am not a fan of Oblivion,or Morrowind and i have never played 1 or 2 but skyrim was something else. It didnt feel like the others. Skyrim is a must by and one of my 2 GOTYs. BUY IT BUY IT BUY IT BUY IT BUYAmazing! Thats all that can be said for skyrim. From slaying dragons to clearing dungeons your breath will be taken away. I went into skyrim not expecting much. I am not a fan of Oblivion,or Morrowind and i have never played 1 or 2 but skyrim was something else. It didnt feel like the others. Skyrim is a must by and one of my 2 GOTYs. BUY IT BUY IT BUY IT BUY IT BUY IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Expand
  45. Feb 8, 2013
    5.8?! o_O What is wrong with you people?! I completely finished this game, totally, 100%, nothing more to do. 467 hours in. So much to do in this game! Wow! And you do all that you want and you can be the character you want. Waiting for the DLCs... By the way, my game never crashed! Unlike Fallout 3 which crashed every 30 minutes during 150 hours. :S
  46. Jan 24, 2012
    I`v played this game for 70 hours + now and i iv been lucky regarding the fall of fps when the game save file get large, Bethesda is releasing a patch to fix the ps3 problems so i wish that the bad reviews could wait until the patch comes. The game itself is pretty awesome, the huge open world is quite stunning with sleeker graphics and more wildlife. The playability is near endlessI`v played this game for 70 hours + now and i iv been lucky regarding the fall of fps when the game save file get large, Bethesda is releasing a patch to fix the ps3 problems so i wish that the bad reviews could wait until the patch comes. The game itself is pretty awesome, the huge open world is quite stunning with sleeker graphics and more wildlife. The playability is near endless because of the huge world and lots of quest, mining, smithing and so on, so you will not run out of things to do. the controls is good and the upgrade system is good. so overall the game is a must have and im sure it up for a GOTYA. Expand
  47. Feb 28, 2012
    Many will disagree completely with my review in terms of the score but , I'm not going to talk about the technical difficulties. TES:Skyrim could be even stated as an " update " to the already good stuff from Oblivion , graphically Skyrim manages to be superb and beautiful . The snow particles , fogs, the blizzards in the North are gorgeous . Bethesda Softworks put efforts in the combat,Many will disagree completely with my review in terms of the score but , I'm not going to talk about the technical difficulties. TES:Skyrim could be even stated as an " update " to the already good stuff from Oblivion , graphically Skyrim manages to be superb and beautiful . The snow particles , fogs, the blizzards in the North are gorgeous . Bethesda Softworks put efforts in the combat, Oblivion's combat wasn't that satisfying or a lovable moment when you were exploring , from a Bow , magic and swords Skyrims delivers. In the story side its also the most intriguing chapter of the franchise and most interesting , that, it also made me to search for information all over the Net to know more and understand some stuff that were vague in the predecessor . Even the music is awesome , the moment you fight a dragon, you know it can't be ignored and the music pop out of the shadow. Skyrim may be bad for the PS3 , but I'm completely sure that it captures the essence of being a classic , and I'm referring to the game not a version . Expand
  48. Jan 24, 2012
    After hours into Skyrim, I think it would be safe to say that this is one of the best games Bethesda has ever made, and may be one of the best games out there at the moment. With patch 1.4 coming soon, many problems should be fixed. This game deserves its score. And the critics agree. Let the poor saps who rated this game continue on with their other games. Skyrim is my choice.
  49. Feb 11, 2012
    Apart from the bugs(which a lot were fixed with a recent patch), I have thoroughly enjoyed this game. I played it for three straight months, and didn't really play any other game. Hopefully, Bethesda eventually will fix all the frame rate issues and I think user scores will be much more positive.
  50. Mar 14, 2012
    What the **** are all these comments about? I find the game to be great, somewhat reminiscent of LOTR, and for my first game of the series, it is really developed greatly. Most people are complaining about the lag and glitches and bugs. I found that despite a few flaws, some funny, the game was very playable and fun. You basically get an entire country to do whatever you please with, andWhat the **** are all these comments about? I find the game to be great, somewhat reminiscent of LOTR, and for my first game of the series, it is really developed greatly. Most people are complaining about the lag and glitches and bugs. I found that despite a few flaws, some funny, the game was very playable and fun. You basically get an entire country to do whatever you please with, and whether you want to be good and knightly or have a bounty on your head, it's your choice. The inventory is easy to access and use, the spells fun both graphically and to use. Based on the skills menu added, it's like a Runescape meets LOTR in a world that is seen in games like Just Cause 2. The graphics were the best compared to other games i have played on my dinosaur of a TV, and Bethesda just made the world seem real by including all the little things I think most people don't appreciate. Overall, I would suggest buying this game if you are into expansive games. Expand
  51. Jan 23, 2012
    I have no lag whatsoever (160 gb), and this game is very fun and the graphics are pretty good. The fighting system is awesome, archery is fun, and the dragons are gorgeous and frightening. It can get frustrating, and some things are only in 2D which can be annoying, other than that this game is worth the buy.
  52. Jan 30, 2012
    I have played it for 60+ hours now: it's the best game I have ever played. And I've played a lot the last 20+ years. The developers have stuffed the game with LOADS of excellent quests and dungeons. No dungeon is the same. The world is gorgeous and big. After having played for 60+ hours, I'm still feeling lost sometimes. I really dont understand the low average user score of 5.3 (at theI have played it for 60+ hours now: it's the best game I have ever played. And I've played a lot the last 20+ years. The developers have stuffed the game with LOADS of excellent quests and dungeons. No dungeon is the same. The world is gorgeous and big. After having played for 60+ hours, I'm still feeling lost sometimes. I really dont understand the low average user score of 5.3 (at the time of this writing). Probably by a lot of people who have never layed eyes on Skyrim. I still haven't come accross a single bug. So stop whining and play this excellent game. My score is 10 out of 10, still considering myself an experienced player of all types of games. Expand
  53. Feb 1, 2012
    Skyrim is easily one of the best games I have ever played: Stunning atmosphere, enormous content, great RPG elements, non-receptive dungeons, picturesque landscapes, and awesome music â
  54. Feb 1, 2012
    Don't listen to all of these haters, I have had these lag issues too but they only happened after a couple of hours of playing anyway. I would just turn it off for awhile or play a different game. If it wasn't for this I would give it a 10 because it is the best game ever made.
  55. Apr 4, 2012
    While technically not the best game, it's to be expected from a huge game like this, especially on consoles. If you can look past some technical flaws, you'll experience one of the most complete and addictive games of all time. Fun combat, an interesting world and many, many quests will keep you coming back for more and more.
  56. Apr 18, 2012
    i love this game. there may be a small lagging matter to attend to but its still playable. what this game really needs is some dlc that would be the sh!t. play it and mw3 nonstop no matter what any body says ill defend this game till the end!
  57. Apr 29, 2012
    I am no fanboy. All of the glitches, bugs, and lag and all of the flaws cannot keep this game down. In reality, no game flawless. Humans tend to make games with flaws, probably because they aren't perfect. This game is a masterpiece. It's the best in the series. From playing the previous games, mostly Oblivion on the Xbox 360, I have grown used to the lag and occasional freezing, butI am no fanboy. All of the glitches, bugs, and lag and all of the flaws cannot keep this game down. In reality, no game flawless. Humans tend to make games with flaws, probably because they aren't perfect. This game is a masterpiece. It's the best in the series. From playing the previous games, mostly Oblivion on the Xbox 360, I have grown used to the lag and occasional freezing, but if you have the autosave feature turned on, you barely have to make up anything you have done between the most recent autosave and the time of the freezing. Simply turn off the console, and turn it back on. The cutscenes do need to improve greatly in the future, but the point of the games is gameplay. First off, you can customize your character deeply to your preferences. Up next is combat. Dual-wielding can be used for weapons and magic, adding much variety to the game, not to mention the Dragon Shouts. These make you a medieval Jedi, like Unrelenting Force, which can either make your enemies studder, or it can throw them off their feet. Also, finishing off enemies by performing finishing moves is just plain satisfying, having each weapon perform its own unique move. Plus, you can now sprint. After that, there is the Story. The dragons are a fun and new innovation in the series. The Thieves Guild, Dark Brotherhood, Mages Guild(known as the College of Winterhold) and the Fighter's Guild(known as The Companions) all return to the series to offer unique Quest lines. Finally, the graphics. Skyrim has the best graphics of the series, as it should. I know a lot of people are frustrated with all of the bugs, but looking past the bugs, this game is just great. Expand
  58. Jul 20, 2012
    Skyrim is definitely one of the best games I have ever played. The graphics are outstanding especially in large environments. When you go out for questing, the mountains in the distance are fully rendered and detailed. Third Person View is still a bit clunky, but the First Person View is where game play really shines. the only thing I feel that the developers could improve on would beSkyrim is definitely one of the best games I have ever played. The graphics are outstanding especially in large environments. When you go out for questing, the mountains in the distance are fully rendered and detailed. Third Person View is still a bit clunky, but the First Person View is where game play really shines. the only thing I feel that the developers could improve on would be making The Third Person View easier to control and add extra quotes too all the people in Skyrim especially guards, every time you go near them they say " A guard might get nervous, a man approaches with his weapon drawn".

Overall a gamer can surpass these minor flaws and truly love this game. There is soo much too do in the world of Skyrim, too much to even pick out, you will get lost in playing this game because of its realism, detailed large environment. When you see this game at a shop for 60 or 70 dollars you now know why...

9/10 - NoNamerGamer
  59. Jun 13, 2012
    The only real problem with this game is that it got so big that people who just don't understand what Bethesda or TES is all about started buying it. For anyone who has played the previous TES or Fallout games, this game is a dream come true. The world feels much more real than in Oblivion, with fantastic and varied environments and a story steeped in complex politics and allegiances. TheThe only real problem with this game is that it got so big that people who just don't understand what Bethesda or TES is all about started buying it. For anyone who has played the previous TES or Fallout games, this game is a dream come true. The world feels much more real than in Oblivion, with fantastic and varied environments and a story steeped in complex politics and allegiances. The combat system is incredibly refreshing, feeling fresh and responsive, with far more impact and weight than the previous games. Don't worry about bugs, they're a disgustingly exaggerated rarity and shouldn't hamper your experience at all. GO BUY THIS GAME! Expand
  60. Jun 11, 2012
    Skyrim was an amazing game, although it had its flaws. If you want to have a good story, then play it. Dragons aren't impossible to kill (in fact, there are many things that are harder like Dwemer Centurion Guardians). After all of the updating that the jackasses at Bethesda did, the game shouldn't crash (or it will only crash if you play it for 10 hours straight) so long as you turn oneSkyrim was an amazing game, although it had its flaws. If you want to have a good story, then play it. Dragons aren't impossible to kill (in fact, there are many things that are harder like Dwemer Centurion Guardians). After all of the updating that the jackasses at Bethesda did, the game shouldn't crash (or it will only crash if you play it for 10 hours straight) so long as you turn one of your autosave options off (I turn off autosave on fast-travel because you fast travel a lot). The main CONS:
    The Main Questline is really short, and you won't level a whole lot from doing it (I test the story lines with fresh characters and I only got to level 11 or so from just the main questline, and after you level enough, it becomes extremely slow leveling). The Stormcloak Rebellion part of the questline is also very short (although you might get to level 14).
    The other questlines are actually moderately long and have you do different things other than kill this, report to him/her. The other questlines will actually level you quite a lot as well (and doing side-quests, although annoying, is better than the main questline for leveling). Aggro was fixed somewhat, although if you accidentally hit an NPC that isn't a companion you will get bounty, although if you accidentally hit a guard in the heat of combat it may or may not trigger assault charges. There also are a couple of quest bugs that can prevent you from completing quests, including some quest-givers that are not essential characters, so if a dragon or something slays them you are screwed, and every once and a while the dialogue won't trigger and you have to reload (I've had that happen three times in my however many days of gameplay hours).
    PROS:
    Rich story
    The actualy 100% completion of the game takes quite a long time because other questing takes longer than main quests
    There is a lot of lore, like in all Bethesda games
    Skyrim is a hell of a lot more like Morrowind, and less like Oblivion
    FPS doesn't have many problems after the series of updates
    It is almost impossible to have a totally broken character because the spell-making system was removed, and everything now has negatives (like werewolves are extremely powerful, but they won't last long in full on combat with multiple enemies).
    Dual wielding and Deadly reflex are automatically built into the game.
    There aren't any negatives to races anymore (I.E. you can actually be a High Elf Warrior, and you aren't Epic Derpsauce)
    Build your own class based on what you like (there is no longer a cookie-cutter build)
    And if you are like me and love RPG's you go out of your way to immerse yourself by studying ruins and such haha.
  61. Jun 19, 2012
    Now that most bugs have been fixed this game in really incredible. You can do about anything from being a murderer in the dark brotherhood to being the dragon born and saving the world. Is not getting a 10 from me because at the begging it had a lot of bugs.
  62. Aug 22, 2012
    When the game was launched there were too many glitches and bugs, all Bethesda ports to PS3 were like that, so that's why I am writing a review now, right now, there are no more bugs or glitches in the game or if there is some its really not affecting gameplay anymore, you can play the game, enjoy it and you will not be disappointed, the game is a blast, story, gameplay, design, visual andWhen the game was launched there were too many glitches and bugs, all Bethesda ports to PS3 were like that, so that's why I am writing a review now, right now, there are no more bugs or glitches in the game or if there is some its really not affecting gameplay anymore, you can play the game, enjoy it and you will not be disappointed, the game is a blast, story, gameplay, design, visual and audio is impeccable, you can chose the difficulty on the run like the other Bethesda games what's great, best RPG made so far for PS3. By now August 2012 a must buy. Expand
  63. Dec 1, 2012
    This gmae is brilliant. It is epic,gorgeous and breathtaking. Its has a rich and detailed world. The quests are all unique and never get repetitive, but sometimes glitch so that they can never be complteded. The games main quest is very very short but the many sidequests make up fofr it. The combat is quite floaty and its easy to miss your target. Then there is the lag. I live in Kenya,This gmae is brilliant. It is epic,gorgeous and breathtaking. Its has a rich and detailed world. The quests are all unique and never get repetitive, but sometimes glitch so that they can never be complteded. The games main quest is very very short but the many sidequests make up fofr it. The combat is quite floaty and its easy to miss your target. Then there is the lag. I live in Kenya, which may be hard to believe. i dont have a wireless network, im using a modem to type this review. The lag makes the game almost unplayable especially in whiterun and windhelm. Skyrim glitches sometimes so that it can really tick you off. At one bit my companions attacked each other,or in another scenario people necessary for quests didn't exist. The game is great with great environments and innovative quest and loot, but some small problems stand out and prevent skyrim from achieving the illusive 10. Expand
  64. Apr 29, 2013
    Probably the best money I have ever spent on entertainment/relaxation. This game incorporates so many different elements and investments of time that it suited any mood I was in. Whether ready for a long involved quest with story, discovery and challenge, or just a 15-20 minute easy adventure this is the perfect game.
    The enormous scope of variety and discovery makes this game never get
    The enormous scope of variety and discovery makes this game never get old.

However! Even though I gave the GAME itself 10 points, the Playstation version should probably only get a 7 due to the number of bugs and amount of time sitting around waiting for loading. But I didn't have it in me to give it a lower score.
  65. Jan 6, 2014
    The universe of the Elder Scrolls series is so deep and colorful and it really makes the game itself deeper. However, I think that the main quest and the guild questlines could be better. They're not really as interesting as the storylines of Oblivion and Morrowind. They're too much like a traditional fantasy story, bland and uninteresting, and I don't like that.

Gameplay wise, it's an

Gameplay wise, it's an amazing game. The rich and detailed world of Skyrim feels almost like a real world. You can interact and be interacted by almost everything in the game. The attention to detail really is so high that I can't even describe it. You have to play it for yourself to understand. The combat isn't perfect but it still is great, and it's definitely better than in Oblivion. The only complaint I have about the gameplay are the quests. Most of the can be described like this: "go to dungeon X, take item Y and bring it to person Z." That's all the variety that you're going to get. Well, most of the time. There are a couple of quests that are unique, but they aren't really that memorable.

Yes, there are some bugs and other issues, but the worst ones have already been fixed. The frame-rate issue still exists but can only take effect if your save file goes excessively large, which can happen if you have all the DLCs and put a lot of hours into it (a lot about 150).

The graphics are a tiny bit outdated but for a 2-year-old game, they're still doing good. There are a few spots that have a scenery that makes your jaw drop. Then there's the music and I do have to say one thing: it's freaking amazing, especially the combat music for some of the boss and dragon fights. Combine an amazing scenery with a perfect song and you've got yourself something to remember for a long time. But the faces and animations of the NPCs could be better...

Overall, it's an amazing game. If you don't have it yet and you're a fan of fantasy RPGs, I strongly recommend that you buy this. Yes, there are some issues but Bethesda has done a good job of patching them up and I don't think you'll encounter anything that would ruin your experience. You won't forget this game once you've played it.
  66. Oct 21, 2014
    Skyrim is great but this is better:
    With the lights out, it's less dangerous
    Here we are now, entertain us
    I feel stupid and contagious
    Here we are now, entertain us
    A mulatto
    An albino
    A mosquito
    My libido
    Yay! [x3]
  67. Sep 3, 2014
    This game is a masterpiece! I played it so much and I still haven't done everything in it, and I don't know anyone who has either. The Game is Beautiful, The Characters are good, the Role-playing features are so good and there's so much more good about this game I cant even fit it in my Review box! Seriously if you haven't played this game go too your local store, and get it! It's so worthThis game is a masterpiece! I played it so much and I still haven't done everything in it, and I don't know anyone who has either. The Game is Beautiful, The Characters are good, the Role-playing features are so good and there's so much more good about this game I cant even fit it in my Review box! Seriously if you haven't played this game go too your local store, and get it! It's so worth the amount of money you pay for it! Expand
  68. Dec 25, 2011
    First off, I put over 135 hours into this game so far and the game runs as good as the first day that I started playing it. -This is most likely because of the update that I installed recently, but it's also because I create a new save file every-time that I save until I run out of save slots and simply start overwriting them-. Anyways, aside from what most "user" critics say, Skyrim in myFirst off, I put over 135 hours into this game so far and the game runs as good as the first day that I started playing it. -This is most likely because of the update that I installed recently, but it's also because I create a new save file every-time that I save until I run out of save slots and simply start overwriting them-. Anyways, aside from what most "user" critics say, Skyrim in my opinion feels like the smoothest game to come from Bethesda in a very long time (smother than Oblivion and Fallout). Now there are a few bugs, but that barley even scratches the surface of this masterpiece. The graphics are better, the main story feels more significant, and combat has even improved. So honestly I would give this game atleast an 8-9 considering the minor flaws, but seriously? Even if Skyrim's bug were as bad as people claim they are, giving a game like this a 0 is just childish nonsense. Grow up people. Expand
  69. May 9, 2012
    Isn't it about time everybody change their reviews? Since most of the problems have been patched. You've probably read/watched plenty of reviews already so I can't really tell you anything you haven't heard. I can tell you that most of it's true, you will not want to stop playing this. There is one compliant I have and that is your partners can die, I know in terms of gameplay this makesIsn't it about time everybody change their reviews? Since most of the problems have been patched. You've probably read/watched plenty of reviews already so I can't really tell you anything you haven't heard. I can tell you that most of it's true, you will not want to stop playing this. There is one compliant I have and that is your partners can die, I know in terms of gameplay this makes sense but it makes me not want to bring them along so I have to take care of them. Expand
  70. Jan 7, 2012
    A must-own title for RPG fans. It's the best Elder Scrolls title to date. The world is massive and the landscape is absolutely beautiful. The animations and visuals have improved greatly since Oblivion. Even after spending 100+ hours with the game, I still have so much to do. I haven't even beat the main story yet and there is still tons of side quests left for me to do. I don't thinkA must-own title for RPG fans. It's the best Elder Scrolls title to date. The world is massive and the landscape is absolutely beautiful. The animations and visuals have improved greatly since Oblivion. Even after spending 100+ hours with the game, I still have so much to do. I haven't even beat the main story yet and there is still tons of side quests left for me to do. I don't think there has ever been a game with so much content packed into one disc. The downside of Skyrim is like previous Bethesda titles, it's littered with glitches and freezing issues. I can't even count how many times the game has frozen on me. That is about the only problem I have with the game and it's what keeps it from getting a perfect score. I still highly recommend it to anyone looking to grind/loot through a beautiful world of quality content. Expand
  71. Jun 30, 2012
    Look, I know how to review a game. And it is obvious that some of these people don't. A half of the people who have reviewed this game have either got a vendetta against Besthesa, are CoD or Battlefield fanboys, or simply got extremely pissed off when their game froze at level 49. I want to be honest, because I am not going to con people in to getting this game. It is not perfect, but itLook, I know how to review a game. And it is obvious that some of these people don't. A half of the people who have reviewed this game have either got a vendetta against Besthesa, are CoD or Battlefield fanboys, or simply got extremely pissed off when their game froze at level 49. I want to be honest, because I am not going to con people in to getting this game. It is not perfect, but it definitely isn't as bad as most of the people on this list make it out to be. Skyrim is a diverse and brilliant as you could want, because it is rare (as in extremely rare) for a game to hit the 100% mark. This game doesn't deserve a score of 100%, but it doesn't deserve a 0%, a 30% or a 60% (and I know I am going to get some hate for this). A 75% would probably be acceptable, and even a 70% as long as the reasons were about the game, and not the reviewer's feelings against the game. The game world in this game is awesome, alive and large enough that you are playing a magical version of life itself, and you really feel like some of the people you are talking to are real people, and not just a bunch of pixels that spit out backstory. If you buy this game, you should love it, but people who say that this game is a 50% or 60% should know that this game just isn't for them, and people who gave it a 0% or a 10% are complete idiots. Expand
  72. Sep 3, 2012
    Very overrated. It's a technical masterpiece, there's a seemingly never-ending stream of stuff to do, the world is huge and looks good and the random events are fun to play around with. It sounds like an instant 10/10 on paper, but is any of that actually fun to play? For a bit. The combat is so stiff, it's absolutely no fun. You can't possibly move out of the way of most attacks and theVery overrated. It's a technical masterpiece, there's a seemingly never-ending stream of stuff to do, the world is huge and looks good and the random events are fun to play around with. It sounds like an instant 10/10 on paper, but is any of that actually fun to play? For a bit. The combat is so stiff, it's absolutely no fun. You can't possibly move out of the way of most attacks and the same goes for your opponent when they're in the line of fire of your attacks. Two characters strike each other, showing no recoil whatsoever and it comes down to which one drops first due to being higher level. The leveling system is actually pretty unique and fun to tweak, but this is definitely one of those games that feels like you're level grinding to win fights rather then using actual skill. There is plenty of lore, but it's not presented in an interesting way. The voice acting is so dull and lifeless and why would I want to read digital short stories to discover the mythos of this world? If I felt like reading a good medieval-esque fiction I would pick up my copy of Lord of the Rings or the Game of Thrones series, not read hundreds of boring short stories in Skyrim. And the glitches on the Playstation version of the game are just unforgivable. I heard the game doesn't even run 100% on Xbox. This games just not good enough to dredge through the technical problems. It definitely has it's positive points: Huge world with beautiful graphics and unscripted occurrences and a fun leveling up system, but Fall Out 3 is definitely the better of the open-world RPGs this generation. I'd even make the argument that Dragon's Dogma is more fun. So many other games deserved Game of the Year nominations over this in 2011. In 2011 alone I had more fun with Uncharted 3, Gears of War 3, Infamous 2, Portal 2, Batman Arkham City, Saints Row the Third, Rayman Origins, Pokemon Black, Super Mario 3D Land, Resistance 3, Little Big Planet 2, Dead Space 2 and Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword then I did with Skyrim. Expand
  73. May 8, 2012
    I bought skyrim when it came out & have had very little problems with the game. It has it's flaws but overall it's the most fun/ cherished game I have in my ps3 collection. When the flaws greatly out weigh the good stuff in the game that's when you have problems.. Luckily I never experienced any of that.
  74. May 13, 2012
    This is hands down the best game I have ever played. The level of customization is absolutely astonishing, the world of Skyrim is unbelievably gorgeous and all of the bugs have been fixed since the last patch. Every now and again some thing will happen that makes no sense (my character was almost killed when a dead dragon fell out of the sky new Windhelm) but the problems are harmlessThis is hands down the best game I have ever played. The level of customization is absolutely astonishing, the world of Skyrim is unbelievably gorgeous and all of the bugs have been fixed since the last patch. Every now and again some thing will happen that makes no sense (my character was almost killed when a dead dragon fell out of the sky new Windhelm) but the problems are harmless glitches now, that don't require you to reset the whole system. If you're the cautious gamer that has waited this long before buying it, now is the time. This game is a triumph. Expand
  75. May 12, 2012
    When i looked at other user reviews on Skyrim, i couldn't believe that so many people scored 0's. It doesn't make sense Skyrim has to be the most exciting game I've ever played. The graphics and detail to the game are unbelievable, there stunning. So readers don't listen to the people who think skyrim breaks all the time and gets boring because there just moaners who don't actually giveWhen i looked at other user reviews on Skyrim, i couldn't believe that so many people scored 0's. It doesn't make sense Skyrim has to be the most exciting game I've ever played. The graphics and detail to the game are unbelievable, there stunning. So readers don't listen to the people who think skyrim breaks all the time and gets boring because there just moaners who don't actually give this game a chance. Overall the best game i have ever played!!!!! Expand
  76. May 25, 2012
    I will not stand as the people **** talks skyrim! This is the best game i'v played. Believe me or not but this game turned me from a hater of skyrim to a lover of skyrim. I think people expect too much of skyrim. The game disinters did what they could.
  77. Dec 3, 2012
    Maxmark, I just want to say you are a completed dumb ass the reason your game is lagging is because your use a crappy PS3 so get a better one then try it you'll defiantly change your thinking I did after i got it. even knowing the campaign isn't that long it's still as good. So what I'm trying to get to is you need to get A BETTER PS3!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  78. Apr 7, 2014
    Skyrim is definitely one of my favorite games I have ever played. The visuals are great and the main story is OK, but all of the side missions are what make this game truly amazing. There are plenty of guilds to join and a unique quest line for each. The best part is, you don't have to chose what class you want to be right at the beginning. You chose what you want to be as you go. ForSkyrim is definitely one of my favorite games I have ever played. The visuals are great and the main story is OK, but all of the side missions are what make this game truly amazing. There are plenty of guilds to join and a unique quest line for each. The best part is, you don't have to chose what class you want to be right at the beginning. You chose what you want to be as you go. For me, this is the best RPG to date. Expand
  79. May 21, 2014
    Absolutely amazing game! Hopefully Bethesda follows up with another ES that is just as good. Great game if you love to explore new places and are into the medieval thing. The dragons themselves are another good reason to pick this up. Multiple difficulty levels are available, so that you get the right amount of challenge.

For the haters rating low due to lag: The PS3 version is NOT

For the haters rating low due to lag: The PS3 version is NOT "broken". Did you have the auto-save option on for traveling and waiting? I'll bet you did, because I had the same issue. The fix for your lag? Turn that option OFF. If you don't, the save file will become massive and freeze the machine. Don't be stupid and knock a game for an easily-fixable issue. Try Google next time. :p
  80. May 29, 2014
    People are saying they hate this game and there are people saying they love it, then there are those oddballs in between that like it, but say it has flaws. Then there's ME, who is between the love and in-between nonsense. I really do love this game, it has an AMAZING and **** BEAUTIFUL world, it's just got so many things you could waste time on, and is an amazing addition to the ElderPeople are saying they hate this game and there are people saying they love it, then there are those oddballs in between that like it, but say it has flaws. Then there's ME, who is between the love and in-between nonsense. I really do love this game, it has an AMAZING and **** BEAUTIFUL world, it's just got so many things you could waste time on, and is an amazing addition to the Elder Scrolls series! That said, it does have it's flaws, but those are super small bugs and glitches that can be easily overlooked, 9 out of ten, easily! Expand
  81. Nov 11, 2011
    unbelievably massive game! outstanding graphics, amazing gameplay and the storyline is captivating, would definately recommend getting this game, top priority!!
  82. Nov 11, 2011
    Western RPGs don't get much better than this. The amount of effort that has gone into this game is apparent. If this doesn't make game of the year I will be very surprised.
  83. Hyu
    Nov 11, 2011
    One of the greatest game this decade. This game feels great, looks great and has a fantastic open world atmosphere. I hope it will win GOTY this year. It's sad to see all these MW3 fanboys giving it 0.
  84. Nov 14, 2011
    when game was only announced my only hope was that it will be on same level as obsidian's New Vegas (that was good enough game). But now I can honestly say, Skyrim is better. It even better than Morrowind an eve Daggerfall (my previously best game in TES). Bethesda fixed most mistakes of their Oblivion and Fallout 3 and deliver us, in my opinion, best RPG at this moment. I don't wantwhen game was only announced my only hope was that it will be on same level as obsidian's New Vegas (that was good enough game). But now I can honestly say, Skyrim is better. It even better than Morrowind an eve Daggerfall (my previously best game in TES). Bethesda fixed most mistakes of their Oblivion and Fallout 3 and deliver us, in my opinion, best RPG at this moment. I don't want describe all new features - new great dialogues, non-linear quests (that really on close level to witcher 2) all these aspects made on very high level, so you just need to play and enjoy. But there three main themes that people are afraid of: simplification of rpg system, graphic and one I called "It is the same oblivion". I don't understand people who blame skyrim about this. New RPG system is not simplified - it become more variate and more organically fits into gameplay. Yes there are less skills but I like it very much (in spite of me as big fan of most hardcore system as it was in Daggerall). Graphics... all who say that graphics is bad and same as in oblivion, first I advise play in Skyrim couple hours then asap play in Oblivion (without graphic mods) to compare. Second I advise to understand - it is ONE HUGE WORLD, where you can't just make fake stage where game strictly controls you - where you can see and where not (like COD, Uncharted and even Witcher and ME sometimes). BUT even with all this difficulties game looks great on consoles from 2006! Also if you play on good modern PC there are lots of additional graphic options like additional shadows, Ambient occlusion etc., that make picture even better.
    My main poit is - this isn't "same as Oblivion", it is BIG step forward in all aspects and best game in TES for me now. This game shows what other series like DA, ME of Witcher can't - big really living world
  85. Nov 11, 2011
    This game has almost instantly grown to be one of my favorite games I have ever played. This by far is the best game in the series, taking lore, graphics, world, AI, gameplay, quests, characters, you name it to a whole new level. Even as it started it felt far superior to any Bethesda game released so far, the intro level alone had me hooked like a child that has opened up a christmasThis game has almost instantly grown to be one of my favorite games I have ever played. This by far is the best game in the series, taking lore, graphics, world, AI, gameplay, quests, characters, you name it to a whole new level. Even as it started it felt far superior to any Bethesda game released so far, the intro level alone had me hooked like a child that has opened up a christmas gift. Combat this time around has been more versatile and as sleek as ever, everthing feels weighted, magic effects are wonderful and diverse, bows and arrows along with stealth have improved. There are even finishing moves! The world ACTUALLY feels alive this time around, which is fresh change from the crap we got with Oblivion, animals hunt each other, people brawl and work and chat, and every place has a different- exotic feel that I could compare to Morrowind... but done much better even still. There are goodies for old fans as well, Dwemer ruins, Falmer, Sanguine, etc, etc. If you're looking for an Open world RPG to play, this is absolutely THE BEST one on the market, and although it is full of bugs and glitches, the positives outweigh the negatives so much I couldn't just give it a 9/10, it deserves a 10/10.
    If you like to explore, fight, role play, fantasy, open world, anything of this nature, I would definitely buy it.
  86. Nov 11, 2011
    Amazing in short- the game is superb with freedom of choice, length of story etc etc... Bethesda seems to have nailed it. Everything is so refined from looking at a bottle of wine to climbing a mountain and every little step in between. Stop reading and buy it already...
  87. Nov 11, 2011
    Skyrim is everythimg i wanted it to be and everyone else. GOOD GRAPHICS MASSIVE WORLD AWESOME COMBAT SYSTEM.....THIS GAME IS DEF. WPRTH THE 60BUCKS AND MOST LIKELY WILL WHEN GAME OF THE YEAR......THE GAME WAS SO GOOD THAT THE MIDNIGHT RELEASE LINE WAS AS LONG AS A FOOTBALL FIELD..
  88. Nov 11, 2011
    Skyrim is the kind of game that really stands. The attention to detail is mind blowing. People will be playing this for days and months. On the PC load times are nearly nonexistent, I have yet to havethe chance to really read or admire the load screens, which is both a good and bad thing as they are interactive and have lore bits. The graphics on ultra running at 1920x1080 are flooring.Skyrim is the kind of game that really stands. The attention to detail is mind blowing. People will be playing this for days and months. On the PC load times are nearly nonexistent, I have yet to havethe chance to really read or admire the load screens, which is both a good and bad thing as they are interactive and have lore bits. The graphics on ultra running at 1920x1080 are flooring. This is truly a HUGE jump over Oblivion in regard to visual fidelity. Melee combat is also vastly improved and solid feeling, magic has a definite weight to it in SkyrimFinally the amount of content... Like I said days, weeks of gameplay and huge replayability. If I had to choose one game to have the rest of my life and only one, it would be The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim. Expand
  89. Nov 14, 2011
    Up to this point, I have never been much of a Bethesda fan. Oblivion had some great features that didn't appear in its rival franchises, but it also feel into the same category as Grand Theft Auto for me, where despite having tons of stuff to do, I just didn't care to DO any of it. Fallout 3 was no different, and its wacky interface was such a turn-off to me that I failed to see how itUp to this point, I have never been much of a Bethesda fan. Oblivion had some great features that didn't appear in its rival franchises, but it also feel into the same category as Grand Theft Auto for me, where despite having tons of stuff to do, I just didn't care to DO any of it. Fallout 3 was no different, and its wacky interface was such a turn-off to me that I failed to see how it reached mainstream success, unless that was due to its strong-arm marketing hype. And Brink did absolutely nothing for me, 'nuf said. However, Skyrim has managed to redeem Bethesda in my eyes, if only for this one game. Skyrim is not perfect, as it suffers from the same technical drawbacks as its predecessor, but its content is far more compelling. The first thing that I noticed was the fact that Skyrim has a lot more character and style than the dreadfully generic Oblivion, albeit a straight rip-off of Peter Jackson's depiction of Middle Earth (specifically The Two Towers, since some of Skyrim's regions look like they're recreations of actual Weta sets). That being said, character creation is much improved, graphic quality is much higher, Jeremy Soule's soundrack is astounding, menus have been streamlined, and the dialogue system is better. The only real downside to the improved play mechanics is a general lack of fulfillment in questing, as most results aren't even impactful enough to move NPCs from their rooted position atop a throne or behind a store counter. In other words, the world still feels pretty stiff, despite significant work to improve the AI. Animations are often unnatural, and many of the game's best features require a silly amount of aimless adventuring before they can be unlocked. In the end, much of the game's content feels like filler and time-sinks, which should come as little surprise to anyone who has played Oblivion. Among my favorite features is the active weather system, which has a powerful impact on your exploration and combat, and it often feels like the environment is a worse adversary than the [inexcusably sparse] enemy mobs. The weather, day-night cycle, housing, enhanced social interaction, and crafting systems are all genuinely enjoyable, and they all go far in immersing the gamer in what could have otherwise been a boring march through uninspired quests. Ultimately, it is a great open-world experience for wasting time and building a character that you like, but if you're looking for challenge or a sense of purpose in your game, Skyrim could do a lot better. I still like Dark Souls better, as it constantly provides a sense of accomplishment, but the two are pretty different overall. I would recommend Skyrim to any fan of adventuring and exploration (as long as they have a fair amount of patience), and I commend Bethesda for improving in the areas that annoyed me the most in previous games. RPG nerds rarely complain about boredom in a properly crafted virtual world, since we're pretty good at finding or creating our own entertainment within those worlds, so it's the enormous feature set that makes Skyrim stand tall as it gives you plenty of toys to play with even if you care little for the main story. Expand
  90. Nov 11, 2011
    In good ... This game has a very serious problem ... It is impossible to stop playing! I'm at level 22 and level 100 in conjuration and the more it evolves into something, the more you see that still has much in progress! It is a work of art, where the vaunted Nordic is from the soundtrack to the buildings and clothing. Who loves the Norse mythology, will delight every new place visited.In good ... This game has a very serious problem ... It is impossible to stop playing! I'm at level 22 and level 100 in conjuration and the more it evolves into something, the more you see that still has much in progress! It is a work of art, where the vaunted Nordic is from the soundtrack to the buildings and clothing. Who loves the Norse mythology, will delight every new place visited. For Odin ... I'm speechless ... Expand
  91. Nov 11, 2011
    this is the best game ever! this game is the phenom! it is "MUST BUY"!! i think battlefield 3 vs the elder scrolls v syrim wins SKYRIM !!
    the graphics i think it's not very good for this game!
  92. Nov 11, 2011
    Paradna game free world happy as I am when I started this game ocakaval vyborne play was zazitok, completly fajna graphics happy environment paci me and strasne me surprised that it received from metacritic, 95, and from hracov 9,3 vynikajuce evaluation.Also congratulations to vyrobcom.
  93. Nov 14, 2011
    great game yes they're are bugs those will be sorted out, the only reason its not a perfect 10 is the bugs and the lack of real polish on the main quest
  94. Jan 1, 2012
    Ok, I'll start with the positives. Skyrim is big, very big, and very good. The game feels more realistic and combat flows much easier than Oblivion. The graphics are stunning and the addition of Dragons makes for some breathtaking fights. The people look and feel more realistic than the robotic drones of Oblivion, and the game feels like it adds more opportunities and side quests than everOk, I'll start with the positives. Skyrim is big, very big, and very good. The game feels more realistic and combat flows much easier than Oblivion. The graphics are stunning and the addition of Dragons makes for some breathtaking fights. The people look and feel more realistic than the robotic drones of Oblivion, and the game feels like it adds more opportunities and side quests than ever before. The main quest is very good, even if it is rather short, and the addition of the war in Skyrim gives you a larger sense of freedom as you can join either side. Now with the negatives, the game is bugged, and laggy, however this is to be expected with a game of it's size. Also the towns and cities feel darker and more depressing than Oblivion, and so do the guilds. Although thankfully the mindlessly dull dungeon treks have been brightened up by the addition of better designed caves and dungeons which makes the game much more new and exciting than Oblivion. So yes, the game is littered with bugs and lag, but it is definitely one of my favourite games of all time. Expand
  95. Dec 25, 2011
    Great game overall, have no idea what all the 0 are about, the game runs smooth for me. For people reading by date, read the professional critics page, the people here obviously do not know what they're talking about
  96. Nov 11, 2011
    Everything that Oblivion was, this game has improved upon. This game will suck you in and never spit you out. Hundreds of quests are to be completed in this game. You could buy the game, start it up, and spend dozens of hours not even touching the main story. One of the best RPGs produced, period. The soundtrack is also amazing and really makes it feel like you're in the game. Just go outEverything that Oblivion was, this game has improved upon. This game will suck you in and never spit you out. Hundreds of quests are to be completed in this game. You could buy the game, start it up, and spend dozens of hours not even touching the main story. One of the best RPGs produced, period. The soundtrack is also amazing and really makes it feel like you're in the game. Just go out and buy it already. Expand
  97. Nov 15, 2011
    I have never been much into RPG's or any type of dragon/demon magic type game but holy cow this game has made me a follower. I would throw my wallet at the guys who made this I love it so much.
  98. Nov 14, 2011
    Now this is a game. After the travesty that was MW3 this has been a godsend. Very immersive and fun to play. My game of the year. Looking forward to putting in another 100 hours.
  99. Nov 11, 2011
    If it's not broken, why fix it! Oblivion was a masterpiece and Skyrim is just a fine tuned and HEAVILY expanded version of it. I'm only about 10 hours in and have encountered minor bugs that otherwise do not take anything away from the experience! Mr Howard; TOP NOTCH WORK LADDY!
  100. Nov 14, 2011
    I don't know how good or bad this game is on PC, and I don't know why there are PC Reviewers on the PS3 page. Skyrim on PS3 is amazing and I am having a ton of fun playing it and creating my character how I want to play him. I can't wait to play it again with a different type of character. Very few games can give you this many hours of gameplay. Buy it!!
  101. Nov 14, 2011

1. This is a game full of emotions for gamers who are willing to embrace it. A beautiful fantasy land that makes loading times a thing of the past and is full of surprises. Not only do you get a lot of variety in the locations, the gameplay offers a lot of different experiences as well. [December 2011, p.66]
  2. Dec 28, 2011
    I enjoyed Skyrim and I look forward to the DLC that we know is inevitably coming. If we looked at this honestly, though, this game probably should have been pushed back a month or so for more polish. It needed it and it still does.
  3. Skyrim is a gorgeous production that truly does justice to the words "roleplaying game." It doesn't just tell us a story, it gives us the chance to tell a story of our own. At its best, that's what an interactive art form should be all about. [Jan 2011, p.73]