6.5

1. Dec 24, 2017
    This is a great game. Everything is great. Very good soundtrack, great graphics for that time, interesting plot, voices in Spanish were really good for once as well! Ok, some advices to enjoy fully this game: if you're used to RPGs you may have the impulse of searching everywhere, do everything and talking to everyone. DON'T! You can get bored easily if you do that! Do the main missions,This is a great game. Everything is great. Very good soundtrack, great graphics for that time, interesting plot, voices in Spanish were really good for once as well! Ok, some advices to enjoy fully this game: if you're used to RPGs you may have the impulse of searching everywhere, do everything and talking to everyone. DON'T! You can get bored easily if you do that! Do the main missions, talk to people when you feel to (they're very talkative). You can accept missions but don't waste your time fulfilling them on purpose (normally isn't worthy), steal only money, some value things and potions you may use. For instance, I specialized my character in one hand weapon (and shield), archery, and heavy armour (I recommend you to specialize your in 2 or 3 too, it can be magic too), About alchemy don't get obsessed with wanting to discover all the potions, use it from time to time. I had so many potions that I never used! (specially magic potion because I chose not to improve my character in that skill. Now I might do this with the rest of the game). If I had done these previous things I'd probably had rated this game with a 10. About partners: they're usefull but they can die so if you're using them to carry your belongings make sure he doesn't die. They might be anoying sometimes when they're in the middle of your way but they always let you pass. One last thing: you start with normal mode but you can change it at any time (you can put it mor difficult or less) although you shouldn't have much problems in normal mode, maybe at the end of the game which reminds me (make sure to have some room if you want to take 2 or 3 magic weapons because I think you can not go there later). It took me 66 hours to beat with some extra missions but I still have so many places to visit! So yes, like some people said you can spend more than 100 hours. This is a must have game. Enjoy it! The adventure awaits! Expand
  2. Sep 15, 2017
    The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim is a fantastic game with some pretty "fantastic" faults as well. When this game released, it was almost unplayable on the PS3. Every time that you save your game the size of the file increases. Prior to updates, once it reached a fairly large size the game would just not work. You were done. Since the updates, along with the long awaited DLC, Skyrim has become aThe Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim is a fantastic game with some pretty "fantastic" faults as well. When this game released, it was almost unplayable on the PS3. Every time that you save your game the size of the file increases. Prior to updates, once it reached a fairly large size the game would just not work. You were done. Since the updates, along with the long awaited DLC, Skyrim has become a fantastic game for PS3 gamers. While there are still frame rate issues with larger file sizes and some glitches in the game, nothing I've come across is actually game-breaking anymore.

In terms of story, Skyrim has an okay one to offer. It's pretty basic to break down without spoilers: you're the chosen custom created hero (Dovahkiin, or Dragonborn) who will follow some quests to save the world from an apocalyptic threat—a dragon by the name of Alduin. It's pretty fun, but very short. It can be completed in around 14 hours. That aside, there's so much more to do that makes this game live up to the hype. In fact, you don't even have to complete the main story to get something out of this game. Just go out and explore the beautiful visuals, create your own path and story, read some intriguing lore, and enjoy the experience that you forge.
  3. May 3, 2017
    This is a 10/10 game dropped to 8/10 because of performance issues for the PS3. There were some instances where the game would lag so horribly, that i would have to restart the system to make it go away. most of the time the game played well enough, so i was able to eventually put 200+ hours into it. the reason i got this version was because i heard it got patched and all the the bigThis is a 10/10 game dropped to 8/10 because of performance issues for the PS3. There were some instances where the game would lag so horribly, that i would have to restart the system to make it go away. most of the time the game played well enough, so i was able to eventually put 200+ hours into it. the reason i got this version was because i heard it got patched and all the the big issues were fixed. This is FALSE the game still has big issues. as for bugs and glitches i think i only ran into one, but i think it might've just been my fault because i tried to get to a location i wasn't supposed to be yet and, as a result i broke a quest. The real issue here is the lag and if you want to avoid it i strongly suggest you get the PS4, XONE, 360, or PC versions play one of those and this game is a 10/10. DO NOT GET THE PS3 VERSION!!!.

Now on to the game. Amazing game! What i love about this game is the amount of freedom to do what you want. if you want to completely forget about the main story and go off adventuring you can do that, if you want to live life as a criminal you can do that. you want to become a powerful mage that can hurl fireballs at your enemies? or be a stealthy thief character? you can do that. there are so many possibilities and playstyles to choose from. there is a lot to see and do in Skyrim and at 200 hours i feel like i'm a long way from 100% completion. for most rpg's i've played once i've hit the 200 hour mark i probably seen just about everything in the game. this is not the case with skyrim, i'm past 200 hours and still have many quests i haven't completed and places i haven't explored. it's amazing how much stuff there is to do in this game. It is one my favorite games of all time and if you like RPG's i highly recommend it. you will LOVE this game.
  4. Mar 22, 2017
    One of the best games of all time and perhaps the greatest RPG. The amount of fun you can have with this game is crazy. While playing it on PS3 might not be the best idea, all in all it still is a great game.
  5. Mar 16, 2017
    Just play this game... is the definition of an awesome soundtrack and an epic world, each detail has been taken in account. I never felt the same santations than playing this game.
  6. Jan 15, 2017
    I bought this for $5 on my PS3 since I never had played it before and wanted a fun cheap RPG to play. After 15 hours into the game, I love it! Amazing and that is just vanilla no mods yet. I do agree that charging $60 for the special edition version is a cash grab ripoff for new consoles. Now I wanna get it for PC so I can get the mods and DLC. For a six year old game, the graphics areI bought this for $5 on my PS3 since I never had played it before and wanted a fun cheap RPG to play. After 15 hours into the game, I love it! Amazing and that is just vanilla no mods yet. I do agree that charging $60 for the special edition version is a cash grab ripoff for new consoles. Now I wanna get it for PC so I can get the mods and DLC. For a six year old game, the graphics are still decent and fun adventure game if you like killing dragons and undead. HUGE world to explore and like the freedom to do quests on your own terms. Good character design and crafting opens up millions of possible ways to play as well. Want to be a thief battle mage? You can do that a ton of ways. Craft a unique sword and armor? Endless choices and that is just one thing. Also can do cool stuff like get married and cook food even. Expand
  7. Oct 16, 2016
    One of my favorite RPGs of all time. This game has so much content and so many replayablility options that there is no way you will be tired of this game anytime soon. I mean you get to duel wield swords and magic, use dragon powers and ride dragons. That is freakin awesome and I can't wait till the next Elder Scrolls.
  8. Sep 10, 2016
    I am currently wrapping up my first play-though of this epic title and while I know there are mixed reviews about this game, please please try it! If you can play it on PC or Xbox 360 (or PS4/X1) go that route if you can...(the PS3 version is kinda poopy) I started my first play through of this game alongside The Witcher 3. During that time I had to keep bouncing in-between the two becauseI am currently wrapping up my first play-though of this epic title and while I know there are mixed reviews about this game, please please try it! If you can play it on PC or Xbox 360 (or PS4/X1) go that route if you can...(the PS3 version is kinda poopy) I started my first play through of this game alongside The Witcher 3. During that time I had to keep bouncing in-between the two because I couldn't decide which one I liked better... That is a pretty big accomplishment considering i was playing the worst version of a game that came out in 2011 versus a 1 year old next-gen masterpiece. I enjoyed both and I recommend both. But I have to say... where my Witcher 3 play-through ended at 85 hours, my Skyrim (Legendary Edition) play-through is just about to pass 225 hours and there are still unfinished quests and stuff I haven't found. Just saying that's a lot of content for a game I bought brand new for $15. Expand
  9. Aug 11, 2016
    Skyrim is indeed my First Elder Scrolls Game Experience. After only sinking more than 200+ hours in the Game, I couldn't stop. I would spend countless hours at night just playing this game. Even though this game has it's problems with Bugs and Glitches, I look pass these problems simply because it didn't deter me to not play the game at all. Absolutely love the Nordic feel to it. From it'sSkyrim is indeed my First Elder Scrolls Game Experience. After only sinking more than 200+ hours in the Game, I couldn't stop. I would spend countless hours at night just playing this game. Even though this game has it's problems with Bugs and Glitches, I look pass these problems simply because it didn't deter me to not play the game at all. Absolutely love the Nordic feel to it. From it's lush backdrops, It's inspiring music, It's Combat system, Skyrim is actually one of my Favorite Elder Scrolls Game so Far. Expand
  10. Aug 7, 2016
    Such a fun game. I didn't think I would like this game this much. Yes, there is lag, and bugs. But that doesn't bother me at all. Controls are perfect. Worth the money.
  11. Jun 18, 2016
    I have two standpoints on this game:
    1; My personal experiences. This is my favourite game of all time and I believe it should be hailed as the King of modern gaming.
    2; Actual fundamental gaming experience. This is how good of a game it actually is, not that it's bad, just not as good as my biased mind leads me to believe. Let's look at my point of view. TES V: Skyrim is an action-
    I have two standpoints on this game:

Let's look at my point of view.
    TES V: Skyrim is an action- role playing game set in a high fantasy world with medieval-ey technology. Skyrim, to me, is one of the greatest game sever created. It has a special place in my heart, just because of the way it does what it does. It's everyone you could want in a game. An amazing setting, good story and quests, great combat and most of all the ability to create an atmosphere. I think that this is one of the most important things a game can do, and Skyrim does it perfectly. It sets atmospheres for creepy caves, majestic castles, frozen tundras, bustling towns and dank crypts.

Now, the technical aspect. This is where the game falls to an 8. Yes, the game is glitchy. Yes, it is sometimes laggy (not for me). All the other reviews that say it is unplayable are false. It is definitely playable and definitely worth your money. There are lots of glitches that sometimes lock you out of quests, but they are rarely unsolvable. The physics are quite broken at times, too. From my experience the AI is quite intelligent and not that glitchy. The combat is fluent and works flawlessly so I see no problem there.

Here's the thing: what I wrote above is good in a way. It gives the game character. The most perfect games in history are some of the most infamously broken. Heck, look at Super Mario 64. You should NEVER expect to buy and play a Bethesda game without getting a chuckle when a spatula starts dancing or cheese flies of its plate. The same is true for Fallout 3 and 4. One of the reason these games are great is because they're not perfect.

Summary:
    Pros:
    Fun gameplay
    Lots of quests
    Immersive story
    Great environments
    Cons:
    Glitchy as heck
    Graphics could be better
    No mod support on console

Overall rating: 8/10
    Hey, that's mildly adequate
  12. Apr 21, 2016
    Es uno de los mejores juegos que he jugado en mi vida, aunque en la versión de PS3 tiene fallos de FPS en los exteriores, pero no por eso le hace un mal juego, obviamente hoy en día gráficamente se queda corto, pero en cuanto a contenido y ambientación es lo mejor que hay en PS3 (Según mi punto de visto de lo que yo he podido jugar) Cuando no estas matando un dragón, estas picando piedraEs uno de los mejores juegos que he jugado en mi vida, aunque en la versión de PS3 tiene fallos de FPS en los exteriores, pero no por eso le hace un mal juego, obviamente hoy en día gráficamente se queda corto, pero en cuanto a contenido y ambientación es lo mejor que hay en PS3 (Según mi punto de visto de lo que yo he podido jugar) Cuando no estas matando un dragón, estas picando piedra o minerales, un día estas casándote y el otro
    construyendo tu casa, yo creo que es de los pocos juegos que menos me a aburrido en estos últimos años, yo lo recomiendo, pero lo recomiendo con los DLCs, si puedes comprar la versión legendaria mejor, un saludo.
  13. Apr 19, 2016
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Dream Yol Lok, future dovahkiin!
    This game is not at all what the haters say it is. Even now, in 2016, the graphics hold up as some of the best (even, in my opinion, able to be held up to the standard of GTA V) and it provides a vast land that is completely yours to discover and explore. Become thane of all the holds, steal large, priceless gems from the snow elves or even become an assassin. You have many races and options to choose from; the amount of customization is mind boggling and without even realizing it you'll put hundreds of hours into this beautifully made game.

That said..
    This game Does have its issues. Does it freeze? Sure, sometimes. Are some quests a little buggy? Yep. Will there be any lag? Well, duh! In a game as big and expansive as this, you can't honestly expect a 5 star, absolutely flawless experience. There's going to be a few bumps in the road, like it or not. But when taking in the Huge scale of the game, suddenly those bumps seem much smaller.

Personally, I play on the Xbox 360, if only because my brother broke my PlayStation. However, the majority of my friends and such whom use the PlayStation all say the same as myself; despite its flaws, skyrim still stands proud, and ifs head held high eight years later as a classic example of genius put to work.

Now, enough singing the games praise to the high heavens.

In all seriousness, this game does have issues. Dragons flying oddly, dead people showing up to your wedding, an annoying argonian who won't leave his cave (curse you derkeethus!), and so many more. But look at games today; the big title grand theft auto five for example. It has it's fair share of bugs and glitches, both big and small, yet people still love it for its unique story and fun characters. For those of us who can see past Skyrims faults, both obvious and subtle, I commend you, for you are among the best.

So to all of those who love this game, despite its faults, and to all of those who are looking for a game to love; welcome, to Tamriel.
  14. Apr 18, 2016
    The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim is an almost flawless game, with an intriguing story, brilliant graphics and, best of all, an expansive, fun-to-explore open world.
  15. Apr 18, 2016
    It was broken at launch. Bethesda fixed almost everything but the framerate.

What's that? Oh, I'm being told my review has to be 150 characters long.
  16. Mar 29, 2016
    this game gives you a lot of bang for your buck. there is so much content here that you could spend hundreds of hours playing and still have lots to discover. unfortunately you may end up finding yourself getting board before you get to that point. overall I love these kinds of games that Bethesda has been giving us along with fallout. an enormous beautiful world that you can just losethis game gives you a lot of bang for your buck. there is so much content here that you could spend hundreds of hours playing and still have lots to discover. unfortunately you may end up finding yourself getting board before you get to that point. overall I love these kinds of games that Bethesda has been giving us along with fallout. an enormous beautiful world that you can just lose yourself in, hundreds of quest that expand upon the lore of the world and make it feel real. these are things many gamers crave but few games can satisfy. Its extremely accessible do to its simplistic but deep leveling system and first person view that makes it more appealing than traditional RPG's. but unfortunately the biggest strength of this game is also its biggest flaw. there is so much to do in this world but very little of it feels meaningful. A big reason for this is the lack of character motivation. without spoiling anything, the story evolves around you being someone very special and destined to fulfill somewhat of a prophecy, but the character has no emotional value attached to this quest, making the main quest feel just as much as a side quest as any other. There are some really cool quests in the game but there are just as many boring ones that you will find your self doing simply to gain experience. I'm not saying the story is bad, its definitely engaging enough, but the lack of an emotional connection to it can cause you to question why you are even playing when you are in the middle of a boring quest. combat isn't anything special, and will feel dull in later hours of the game, but a good thing about it is that it gives you a clear idea of what your limitations are based on your level. for example, you know if early on in the game if you see a giant, that you definitely don't want to mess with it, but will be something that you can take on eventually, and probably have a good idea of how high of a level you'll need to be to do it. Even though I found the game to get dull after about 40 hours, many other people may not have the same problem and be engaged the whole time because of the beauty of the world, and is overall a pretty great game, and I understand why it was such an enormous hit, but I don't believe it to be as great of a game as people once thought now that it has been out for a while, but still a game I think is definitely worth your money, due to the amount of content you get out of it, and would say I definitely really liked it despite finding myself having to really push through the times I got bored. Expand
  17. Feb 25, 2016
    Excelent game but the lag (partially fixed in the las patch, The game needs more RAM but PS3 only has 256mb). I would recommend to buy it for PC because is not olny cheaper but also boast to have great performance and support from the fans. On the other hand, the game is awesome, I have spent more than 100 hours. It is worth.
  18. Feb 24, 2016
    This game is always so fun, and the endless quests makes the fun last a very long time. I end up playing this game for multiple hours. It is addicting. Also I love the graphics.
  19. Feb 21, 2016
    I really loved Skyrim on my PS3 yeah it had some problems for some people but i think in my caste at least it was not that bad i'm lucky i was one of the rare cases but overall it is one of the best rpgs even made.. no it is the best rpg ever made.
  20. Feb 16, 2016
    Don't have much to say about Skyrim, just that it's one of the best games ever made. There's endless hours of fun so don't worry about getting bored or anything, there's always something to do.

It's just that in PS3 the game doesn't run as good as in PC. I myself have encountered very few lag moments or rendering issues, but I've seen problems with many other players. The game it's a

The game it's a 10/10 for the PC version, so try to get that one instead (if you have a good PC). In the other hand, this one's not a bad purchase. Just cross your fingers so you get an enjoyable experience from the PS3 port.
  21. Dec 24, 2015
    Played this game for almost 500 hours.

Mods gallor and constant player content make this game a true timeless masterpiece.

Will play it for years to come. Great game and great developer.
  22. Dec 3, 2015
    BEST GAME EVER!!!!
    definitely worth buying like literally my game of the decade!!!!! their is soooooo much to do and the leveling up is a lot of fun, you can buy a house, horse, adopt children, marry someone, get a pet dog, become a vampire, or werewolf, and all the shouts are effing awesome, There is not much negative i have to say about this game, go buy it now!!!!
  23. Nov 21, 2015
    This game is a gem and ofcourse I'm reviewing it now but you've just gotta play it mate and this game is one of the only reasons I still have my PS3. After unlocking every achievement and playing most of what the game has got to offer I have to say... Skyrim is the greatest game I've played in my life. Hats of to you Bethesda. If you have not played this... You're one lucky gezzer. Buy it.This game is a gem and ofcourse I'm reviewing it now but you've just gotta play it mate and this game is one of the only reasons I still have my PS3. After unlocking every achievement and playing most of what the game has got to offer I have to say... Skyrim is the greatest game I've played in my life. Hats of to you Bethesda. If you have not played this... You're one lucky gezzer. Buy it. Play it. Have fun. Expand
  24. Nov 18, 2015
    Out of all the hours I have played Skyrim, I have had only one real game-breaking bug which was when I lost my companion, Lydia. I could never find her and couldn't get her replaced. But other than that, the gameplay is fantastic. Really addicting.
  25. Nov 12, 2015
    After playing 5 different save files to more than 500 hours combined, obtaining all the trophies and playing all DLCs, I can say that Skyrim is well deserving of a 5/5, 100% A+ score as it's positives completely out weigh the little you can pick to pieces about it.

If you read any review please bear in mind that people recognise Skyrim has some major positives, they also note the loading time or in their opinion it is not finished. To you I say that this game is no way deserving of such a low score and I am shocked by the amount of Negative scores. It seems some people punish the game because of their own systems or by coping off other websites 'reasons to dislike Skyrim.'

My review of the game is that the world is massive, the seemingly endless locations differ vastly and each city will provide it's individual quirks. The foes are completely different from one another and different gameplays; magic, hand to hand combat, ranged or dragon shouts give the game seemingly endless playability. The story and all is side stories are amazingly deep and differ from one another. And each DLC adds more and more volume to an already vast game and all it's content. On a final note the perk system is very well thought up and provide a range of upgrades to choose from each time you level up.

If you like Fallout or Red Dead Redemption (other games I've played) then give Skyrim a bash.
  26. Nov 8, 2015
    This is probably one of the best games ever, although it is not perfect in any way.
    Graphics are beautiful compared to the prequel Oblivion, an animations just got a lot better, making gameplay a lot better. Although that, gameplay could be still better, its still someway floaty
    World in Skyrim is BEAUTIFUL, and random encounters make up for pretty memorable experiences, like the one i had with the encounter of a giant and a dragon. Magic is also really fine, and sidequest are like... infinite.
    There are a lot of secrets, too.
    The only real flaw i found to this date is de horse riding, really laggy and buggy
    There are also long loading times in PS3 version, and some frame rate issues with crashing.
    So.. i give this PS3 version a 9 out of 10, anyway this is an incredible game
  27. Oct 31, 2015
    Great game and spent many many hours on it. Re-play value is extremely good as well. I have purchased the game 2-3 months after release so i missed the bugs. I do advise everyone buying games from bethesda to do so as this is generally the problem. After bugs are sorted they create amazing games. I cannot fault Skyrim on anything really. Storyline, graphics (at that time), options,Great game and spent many many hours on it. Re-play value is extremely good as well. I have purchased the game 2-3 months after release so i missed the bugs. I do advise everyone buying games from bethesda to do so as this is generally the problem. After bugs are sorted they create amazing games. I cannot fault Skyrim on anything really. Storyline, graphics (at that time), options, choices, etc all 10/10 Expand
  28. Oct 28, 2015
    This game is simply outstanding, it has such a huge, extensive and living world that is a pleasure to be in, and every time you go out into the world you will find something you have never seen before and will have a great time every time you play this game, and will put hours and hours and hours into this game, and will love every second of it.
  29. Sep 1, 2015
    This game is one of my personal favorite games off all time! Except for the minor glitches on the PlayStation edition of the game this game is still worth your money ! First off all, hours of game play too immerse you too the stage where you notice it's 4 in the morning, and you need too sleep but you can't because you still haven't found the thu'um that you need too be the ultimate dragonThis game is one of my personal favorite games off all time! Except for the minor glitches on the PlayStation edition of the game this game is still worth your money ! First off all, hours of game play too immerse you too the stage where you notice it's 4 in the morning, and you need too sleep but you can't because you still haven't found the thu'um that you need too be the ultimate dragon born! or you need too complete a side quest, or a campaign quest were you will get amazing rewards worthy of the noble adventurer! AND THE SIDE QUESTS AREN'T HARD TOO FIND, there are millions too a stage where you will possibly never complete them all, and they're all amazing every single one of them! It's fun, it's massively open world and it's got hundreds of hours of amazing game play. This game is a great installment too the elder scrolls franchise! hope this review helped c: . Expand
  30. Jul 13, 2015
    Demasiado disperso, demasiado grande, demasiadas cosas para hacer, yo particularmente preferiría algo más concreto e intenso...
    Por lo demás. un videojuego con un trabajo increíble detrás, pero aunque es mejor tecnicamente que oblivion, me ha parecido más falto de inspiración, y aburrido, como si hubiera un cierto cansancio por parte de los creadores....
  31. Jul 4, 2015
    Skyrim is the best game in the Elder Scrolls series, and I would not hesitate to call it the best PS3 game released. Its replay value is unrivaled and your gameplay/character options are limitless. A lot of the negative reviews on here are to do with bugs and lagging due to the sheer size of the game, but with patches that have since come out I have found this to only be a minor problemSkyrim is the best game in the Elder Scrolls series, and I would not hesitate to call it the best PS3 game released. Its replay value is unrivaled and your gameplay/character options are limitless. A lot of the negative reviews on here are to do with bugs and lagging due to the sheer size of the game, but with patches that have since come out I have found this to only be a minor problem that does not hinder my enjoyment of the game. I have logged 120+ hours on each of my 4 characters in the 4 years I've had the game and have had to restart the system due to freezing less than 30 times, with the most common error being a never-ending loading screen. Most of my lagging glitches came with the Dawnguard add-on, with the outer-Riften area being very slow, however it was not that much of a bother. With Hearthfire I only experienced minor steward and container glitches but still was able to thoroughly enjoy it. I would recommend this game as a must-play for any gamer, and cannot wait for Elder Scrolls VI. Expand
  32. Jun 29, 2015
    Skyrim is an immersive epic. It's graphics and sound are great. The combat is always changing and can be played in so many ways. It's world feels gigantic yet memorable. You will spend so much time in skyrim, helping random people or taking on fearsome monsters. It is let down by bugs and AI issues but you will enjoy your time in skyrim. The loading times may be long, but even they can'tSkyrim is an immersive epic. It's graphics and sound are great. The combat is always changing and can be played in so many ways. It's world feels gigantic yet memorable. You will spend so much time in skyrim, helping random people or taking on fearsome monsters. It is let down by bugs and AI issues but you will enjoy your time in skyrim. The loading times may be long, but even they can't put you off such an amazing game. Expand
  33. Jun 24, 2015
    In the old times, it sucked because you could hardly play and it would lag a lot and it would crash. Skyrim was useless on PS3. It was still fine and worth it on Xbox360 and PC. Now Skyrim is also worth buying this game on the PS3. It is the best game ever. Its even the Greatest Hits. Its definitely a "Must Play" game. It also has very good reviews Like 10/10, 9.5/10, 9/10, 5/5, 4.5/5,In the old times, it sucked because you could hardly play and it would lag a lot and it would crash. Skyrim was useless on PS3. It was still fine and worth it on Xbox360 and PC. Now Skyrim is also worth buying this game on the PS3. It is the best game ever. Its even the Greatest Hits. Its definitely a "Must Play" game. It also has very good reviews Like 10/10, 9.5/10, 9/10, 5/5, 4.5/5, to me its definitely a 10/10, it earns a very good score. it also won over 200 GOTY awards and its also a GOTY on 2011, its also the best game of all time. If you haven't played. You got to do it now. Its those games you MUST play before you die. Its a 400 hours game. Its amazing. Its fantastic. The problem is it still does lags a little bit but not so much as the old days, and plus it doesn't crash anymore. They fix the PS3 version so you could play as much as you want. Its one of those fighting, RPG, and kind of like fantasy, medieval, and Viking times. Its really good. You should play this game NOW. Expand
  34. Jun 20, 2015
    Skyrim is one of those games that you hear so much about you MUST try it for yourself. So i did. And for the most part i was very pleased there is SOOOOOOOOOO much to do. The world is larger than pretty much any game i have ever played and i mean that quite literally. Filled with side quests there is probably hundreds of side quests and i'm not exaggerating that either. Also probably theSkyrim is one of those games that you hear so much about you MUST try it for yourself. So i did. And for the most part i was very pleased there is SOOOOOOOOOO much to do. The world is larger than pretty much any game i have ever played and i mean that quite literally. Filled with side quests there is probably hundreds of side quests and i'm not exaggerating that either. Also probably the best thing about this game the sound track it is absolutely beautiful the song of the dragonborn is epic and the songs you hear while traveling are peaceful and calming. However this game that so many people claim to be perfect is NOT perfect particularly for the ps3 version.

The main problem i have with this game is the combat now i have heard many many excuses for the combat system such as i don't get it or i just don't like it because it is different but there is no justification for the lazy combat system in this game now it isn't a bad combat system however it is boring just a simple spam the attack button or hold the attack button it is lazy and feels like you are accomplishing nothing when you attack the sound effects are bland as well. That doesn't mean the voice acting and everything else is bad in fact the voice acting is some of the best i have ever seen in a game. I also give props to the dragon sound effects very well done.

Another very large issue i had was that no matter what you do none of the npcs will act differently i have killed dragons in some of the larges cities in the entire game and no one will respond or even a cheap little thanks to my heroic actions. In fact the most response i get is an attack from the guards if i steal or kill a chicken.(yes that does happen)

The side quests are a tad pointless. Besides the Thieves guild and the Dark Brotherhood quests the side missions are for the most part boring besides a few daedric missions but besides that it is rather pointless things like fetch some gems for a jeweler or get some frost wraith teeth for an old lady.

The big issue is for the ps3 version itself first time playing this game i had to reinstall because large parts of the map didn't load don't like having to do that ever i have even heard from others that the lag becomes to horrible that you can't even play the game.

Overall i really really liked skyrim but it does have problems and they cannot be ignored but i still managed to get over 50 hours of fun out of this game.
  35. Jun 2, 2015
    I love this game...... It is a fun game and every person is interactable and some have there own story. There is no lag or no problems with the game..... I would recommend anyone and everyone to play this game on any platform....
  36. Apr 29, 2015
    Skyrim was the second chapter of The Elders Scrolls that I played, and from early hours of play the changes from Oblivion were quite marked, some positive but some negative.

The plot of Skyrim is outstanding, and narrative cues such as the return of the dragons, Skyrim civil war, the rise of the third Aldmeri Dominion and the prophecies about the Dragonborn have made sure to make it spectacular. I loved also some references to Morrowind, as the return of the dwarven ruins. However I did not like that (not a spoiler, you can also understand it from the announcement trailer) events in Skyrim play a protagonist role in the whole saga, but all that has happened in the other chapters assumed a marginal role, role of lesser importance, they were "only dark omens before the return of the dragons". This made sure that Skyrim had an excellent story, but has weakened the importance of the stories of the previous chapters, and this is not right, and I do not like. Among other things, important or not, I preferred the plot of Oblivion.

The gameplay of Skyrim is mainly as large as The Elder Scrolls games have accustomed us, but it has some elements improved: the structure of the fight system has progressed, the editor of the character it's been improved, the use of magic with two hands is good, the sprint allow to run faster, and of course the Dragon shouts are great, they make the game more original. Also you can perform various task to create and get items such as wood and iron. On the other hand, however, there are some pretty serious failings and flaws: there aren't hammers to repair weapons and armor, or rather the weapons and armor literally do not wear out; the magic can not be used with sword and shield (in Oblivon was possible), the skill tree is oversimplified, the difficulty in general was rather lowered. In other words, the gameplay has been removed from the perfection achieved in Oblivion, in favor of a simpler gameplay, perhaps for an audience of younger players. And I did not like this.

The graphical leap from Oblivion to Skyrim was surprising: the Creation Engine is a great graphics engine, and artistic beauty is amazing. A stunning soundtrack, epic main theme composed by Soule, based on the one of Morrowind. Personally I haven't had to deal with many acclaimed technical problems and bugs in Skyrim on PS3, because I took the game months after its release, when apparently they had been corrected.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim is essentially a fantastic game, one of the best rpg-games in history, a masterpiece in reality. Some choices in the gameplay could be better, but are not so important after all. This game is already legend.
  37. Apr 8, 2015
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. okay game just some things little laggy not on psn but dlc are on it the final battle has you like a npc otherwise that that this game is okay for me too play Expand
  38. Mar 16, 2015
    This game is great.It gives so many options and most of the events that happen are based on your actions.I really hope Bethseda makes more games like this!
  39. Feb 23, 2015
    If this game didn't have bugs that make me restart my entire progress, I would give this game a 10. The graphics look decent and the leveling up system is so fun!
  40. Jan 30, 2015
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I love this game it is the Greatest Elder Scrolls Game of all time I personally hope for a PS4 version in the future anyone who loves RPGs will love this one the character creator is simply AMAZING!, you got several classes of characters to choose from, you can craft your own armor, enchant said armor and forge and enchant EPIC weapons, the story is truly EPIC although you may want to avoid dragons until your at least LV 10, the 3 DLCS added the Vampire Lord form, The Island of Solstheim and of course the ability to adopt childern which is pretty cool (Serana whom you get as a companion is pretty EPIC herself), and with a HUGE open world you could be adventuring for hours and still not see every place on the map, I do advise turning off all the save options in the settings menu as the game runs smoother with them off and doesn't freeze as much, long story short one of the greatest if not the greatest game of all time! Expand
  41. Jan 23, 2015
    I love this game, a platinum trophy prove it. The atmosphere, the world, the epicness are awesome, some of the main missions are so enjoyable.

In the other side I dont like the combat system it feels superimposed, the attack is the same whether you succeed or fail and often can not tell if you guessed right. The relationships are very impersonal, there are many repetitive missions and side missions are very similar, the load times are very long.

Still it is one of the best games I've played.
  42. Jan 1, 2015
    The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim is epic in scope. Customization options are terrific, and within the framework of the game are only limited by your time investment. Exploration is remarkable, with numerous memorable locations.
  43. Dec 31, 2014
    Skyrim is a game that should be bought by everyone the game lets us have world to explore and gives you freedom and most games don't do do that I think that all those hours of gameplay aren't wasted time. the game has so much in store and like side missions areas to explore shops to to buy things houses to buy plus there there are a couple hours of additional content.Like I said thisSkyrim is a game that should be bought by everyone the game lets us have world to explore and gives you freedom and most games don't do do that I think that all those hours of gameplay aren't wasted time. the game has so much in store and like side missions areas to explore shops to to buy things houses to buy plus there there are a couple hours of additional content.Like I said this game should be bought by everyone if you haven't played it I recommend you buy this game. Expand
  44. Dec 27, 2014
    FUS RO DAH!!!!!!!!!!!! Words can describe the love i have for skyrim! each play through is different you can play a mage and join the collage of winter hold or be a warrior and join the companions! the main storyline is OK. not that good! side quest are amazing! you can be walking along a a dragon start to attack you or a village! then a then you might get a letter and start anotherFUS RO DAH!!!!!!!!!!!! Words can describe the love i have for skyrim! each play through is different you can play a mage and join the collage of winter hold or be a warrior and join the companions! the main storyline is OK. not that good! side quest are amazing! you can be walking along a a dragon start to attack you or a village! then a then you might get a letter and start another mission! there is so much to do its unbelievable! the lag sometimes is really noticeable but goes away! ive put over two hundred hours in and there's still more to do! WARNING: SAY GOODBYE TO YOUR LIFE! Expand
  45. Dec 16, 2014
    Not as good as Oblivion, but a pretty great game. The key is only autosaving every 10 to 15 minutes when you bring up the circle button menu. Saving takes a long, long time, and if you do it too much most of your time in game will be spent on saves. My other major trouble is the inability to respec as monsters and the like keep getting tougher with your level (that automaticallyNot as good as Oblivion, but a pretty great game. The key is only autosaving every 10 to 15 minutes when you bring up the circle button menu. Saving takes a long, long time, and if you do it too much most of your time in game will be spent on saves. My other major trouble is the inability to respec as monsters and the like keep getting tougher with your level (that automatically increases) but the skills you've decided to use might not match - yes you can adjust the difficulty, but that approach is like a sledge hammer quickly becoming too easy or too hard. Additionally, Magic is too hobbled. Swords and armor aren't skill restricted, that is you can pick up an Iron axe and wield it just as easily as an Orcish mace - as it should be. Your ability to access those weapons is determined most by your ability to craft them, challenging but not difficult. However all magic is directly restricted to your skill number (not how many points you place in the tree) meaning you have to be really dedicated to grueling your way through magic if you want to be a primary spell caster since using melee weapons and arrows is so flipping easy. There are a few bugs, but most are recoverable (I have 14 saves allowing time for a bug to present itself so I can reload) and I've only experianced 2. 1 in a "werewolf in jail" quest which in my first playthrough was almost unrecoverable because I went to the DLC before reaching white run (so don't do that). And one was in a Moth palace where a gate wouldn't open after I killed the enemy before he could come through it. Very enjoyable over all however, a lovely game that I highly recommend to everyone. Expand
  46. Dec 5, 2014
    This would be the most succinct way to describe this game - it's easily the best game I've ever played. I LOVE this game - I cannot wait for the next installment to come to PS4. The game is enjoyable, always entertaining, the story is fantastic, graphics are excellent. I cannot even think of a criticism for this game. It's also one of the few games that every one of my friends and I canThis would be the most succinct way to describe this game - it's easily the best game I've ever played. I LOVE this game - I cannot wait for the next installment to come to PS4. The game is enjoyable, always entertaining, the story is fantastic, graphics are excellent. I cannot even think of a criticism for this game. It's also one of the few games that every one of my friends and I can agree on really liking. Expand
  47. Nov 30, 2014
    It's almost 2015 and the bugs seem to have been resolved. This is a great game, but for some reason, I can't finish it after playing from the beginning 3 times. I get close to finishing, but if I take too much time off from the game, I forget where I am and the immersion is gone. It's also too easy after about mid game. It's a massive game, but most of the terrain is in the same coldIt's almost 2015 and the bugs seem to have been resolved. This is a great game, but for some reason, I can't finish it after playing from the beginning 3 times. I get close to finishing, but if I take too much time off from the game, I forget where I am and the immersion is gone. It's also too easy after about mid game. It's a massive game, but most of the terrain is in the same cold mountainous region. I know it's Skyrim, but it's a dreary setting everywhere unlike Oblivion which is more mixed.

Despite these minor complaints, Skyrim has a huge world and I'm proof that you could spend years exploring it and still not see it all. If my PS3 still worked, I would look forward to trying yet again from the beginning in a few months.
  48. Nov 20, 2014
    An Immersive, outstanding RPG and one of the best ever made in its genre. Laughable that any 'review' could give it any less than 9/10.

Good - Huge, beautiful and immersive world with almost limitless role play possibilities and gameplay choices. Like all truly great games, you can sink hours into Skyrim without really doing much in the game. The main story, while not as well suited to all players races as Oblvions is excellent and fits perfectly into the land of the Nords. The overall gameplay is far superior to any scrolls game that has come before. JUst a great, great game with potentially thousands of hours of gameplay.

Bad - Yes there are some bugs that persist even today and some can be frustrating. Lore wise its just not as open ended as oblivion; if you care about such things as I do, you would never choose a Dragonborn to be anything but a Nord or maybe Imperial, anything else would be stupid.

Verdict - Any game of this scale is going to have bugs, some smaller ones have never been fixed, but that doesn't stop Skyrim from being a truly great game and possibly the best rpg ever made. 9/10, FACT.
  49. Nov 6, 2014
    My late review.
    My late review.
    First of all i want to say many people have rated this a bad game because of the bugs, mission structure, unexpected issues affecting story and NPC behavior which for the most part i understand... but how in the world can you take that and compare it to all the amazing and ground breaking things present here and give the game a 0? you know that is just over complaining. Take away these problems and the game is pretty much the same on the 360, STOP BEING SPOILT AND THINK OUTSIDE WHAT THE DEVELOPERS MAKE FOR YOU, there is an outstanding game there.
    You have to use your imagination sometimes for this game because the last gen consoles could not handle more space which should be expected. The immersion, music, character customization, accurate portrayed themes, presentation and lore is the best i have seen in any game in years. You could play this game for hours and hours without getting bored because there is so much to do, both making up your own stories and playing the developed side missions.
    Everything is just done SO well, the combat has its issues, some people hate it but the combat to me is using the landscape to your advantage, taking your time with hits, choosing the right potion for the right weapons and utilizing the shouts when the timing is right.
    The music is the best i have heard in any game, the immersion is just too spectacular here almost perfect, the feeling that you are in a living breathing world is done like something out of a 5 star movie, exploring the underground caves and dungeons to the vast open grasslands and densely packed forests and the freedom of movement is remarkable, looking far as the eye can see, just knowing you can walk over their and explore that far away point in the distance is something truly special.
    You just feel like everything has a point... whether it is roaming the lands at night as a vampire looking for foolish bystanders too feed on or a hero deciding to go out and put a stop to the corrupt and rich or any plain thief that you may wander near to.
    I really do not have much issues with this game except that some towns and cities are vastly lacking with people and feel way too small (lacks immersion), of course the bugs, some missions drag you straight into things you do not want to do then you have to load back to a previous point, jumping over rocks and climbing is a pain, the things people say are annoying, repetitive and stupid, the sneak mechanic does need fixing and the main missions are too short.
    I could go on and on but i have limited space to work with, honestly one of the best games ever made 10/10.
  50. Oct 21, 2014
    Skyrim is great but this is better:
    With the lights out, it's less dangerous
    Here we are now, entertain us
    I feel stupid and contagious
    Here we are now, entertain us
    A mulatto
    An albino
    A mosquito
    My libido
    Yay! [x3]
  51. Oct 15, 2014
    Negative reviews do not reflect the game. It is an absolute masterpiece. I recommend this game for hardcore gamers. Twitch players may get bored.

Good: First person rpg at its best. Outstanding graphics, great gameplay, fun quests and story. I have 100+ hours into this game. Bad: detailed game creates memory issues. I personally keep my ps3 virtually empty and have t had any issues.

Overall: value for dollar for this game is fantastic. Years after the original release i still go back to play it. Cant wait for bethesda game works next release. Great job guys... You keep my faith in the gaming industry.
  52. Oct 5, 2014
    This is just a huge Game that i think has no ending, it is just the perfect game. Skyrim brings a well done universe to the maximum it can go to and gives players one of the best experiences yet. Skyrim basically lets you finally be the Dungeon raider, Adventurer, or villian you want to be. Skyrim is the best western Role playing game of all time.
  53. Sep 16, 2014
    A really awesome action rpg. The world is huge, the main story and side quests are fitting and the characters are interesting. Important remark: I played the "Game of the Year Edition". The original release PS 3 version is full of bugs and nearly unplayable. The graphic is good and the soundtrack is awesome. The battle system is optimized. It is better than ever and a reference for futureA really awesome action rpg. The world is huge, the main story and side quests are fitting and the characters are interesting. Important remark: I played the "Game of the Year Edition". The original release PS 3 version is full of bugs and nearly unplayable. The graphic is good and the soundtrack is awesome. The battle system is optimized. It is better than ever and a reference for future action rpgs. The job and stat system from previous Elder Scroll games is gone. It is more streamlined. I am uncertain if it is an improvement or not but it is done well in this game. Overall this is an awesome game. Still cannot decide if Skyrim or Morrowind is the better Elder Scroll game. Expand
  54. Sep 13, 2014
    The PS3 got the worst version of Skyrim, but even so, I can't give it anything less than a 10. Skyrim is a masterpiece, and one of the greatest pieces of entertainment ever created.

I don't have to tell you how amazing the world of Skyrim is, you'll have to live it. Even the few quirks (and glitches) of the game are overwhelmed by how well everything else was done. The attention to detail is amazing. There are a few things I wished it would have done better, like the frequency of the dragon fights. Once you've slewed your 20th dragon, the sense of wonder is gone. Still, I don't think I've ever played a better videogame.

As for the PS3, while the graphics have been downgraded dramatically as updates go by, the main ruiner of the game's experience is the ridiculous load times. I think I have spent at least 15% of the time I've played this game staring at a loading screen. When this time adds up to hundreds of hours of gameplay, it becomes staggering. Hope you didn't forget anything important once you open that door, because to get it back, you'll have to wait a few minutes.

Yes, the PC version is the gold standard, but I like that in the console where you are not allowed to tinker with the game, it retains its purity. At the time of this writing, I hope Skyrim makes it to the PS4, and improves over the PS3.
  55. Sep 3, 2014
    This game is a masterpiece! I played it so much and I still haven't done everything in it, and I don't know anyone who has either. The Game is Beautiful, The Characters are good, the Role-playing features are so good and there's so much more good about this game I cant even fit it in my Review box! Seriously if you haven't played this game go too your local store, and get it! It's so worthThis game is a masterpiece! I played it so much and I still haven't done everything in it, and I don't know anyone who has either. The Game is Beautiful, The Characters are good, the Role-playing features are so good and there's so much more good about this game I cant even fit it in my Review box! Seriously if you haven't played this game go too your local store, and get it! It's so worth the amount of money you pay for it! Expand
  56. Aug 17, 2014
    Beautiful experience. So much to do in one of the biggest open worlds I've ever seen, even without the expansions of the game. Also there are more interesting tales besides the main one. The variety available while you're creating your character is really deep and goes beyond imagination. A hell of a game, at least you should have 50 hours of good playing time secured.
  57. Jul 24, 2014
    It took me awhile to get use to this game because i was a FPS fan. at first i didn't like it because well i thought it was boring.... i was wrong. very wrong. it now my most played game by far and its even better with the dlc.
  58. Jul 14, 2014
    By far one of the greatest games I've ever played.even if it had lag issues on ps3 the fame itself is among my top list...how can u rate 0 an elder scrolls game. I've spent like 200 hours on ps3...and 200 more on pc nodded...
  59. Jul 1, 2014
    The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim is less a product of creativity than an act of creation. The accomplishment on display is without equal, but it’s the sublimation of those efforts into a deeply personal experience that is the lasting effect and elicits the compulsive desire to consume more and more of what it has to offer. Playing it, I could recall getting the first Nintendo system andThe Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim is less a product of creativity than an act of creation. The accomplishment on display is without equal, but it’s the sublimation of those efforts into a deeply personal experience that is the lasting effect and elicits the compulsive desire to consume more and more of what it has to offer. Playing it, I could recall getting the first Nintendo system and sitting down with my brother to play Super Mario Brothers. Upon reaching the subterranean level 1-2, the dramatic aesthetic shift awakened us to the giddy thrill of realizing that we had no idea what the game had in store ahead, and our excitement became an uncontained rapturous exaltation. Eighty hours into Skyrim, I’m still feeling like that 11-year-old. Expand
  60. May 29, 2014
    People are saying they hate this game and there are people saying they love it, then there are those oddballs in between that like it, but say it has flaws. Then there's ME, who is between the love and in-between nonsense. I really do love this game, it has an AMAZING and **** BEAUTIFUL world, it's just got so many things you could waste time on, and is an amazing addition to the ElderPeople are saying they hate this game and there are people saying they love it, then there are those oddballs in between that like it, but say it has flaws. Then there's ME, who is between the love and in-between nonsense. I really do love this game, it has an AMAZING and **** BEAUTIFUL world, it's just got so many things you could waste time on, and is an amazing addition to the Elder Scrolls series! That said, it does have it's flaws, but those are super small bugs and glitches that can be easily overlooked, 9 out of ten, easily! Expand
  61. May 21, 2014
    Absolutely amazing game! Hopefully Bethesda follows up with another ES that is just as good. Great game if you love to explore new places and are into the medieval thing. The dragons themselves are another good reason to pick this up. Multiple difficulty levels are available, so that you get the right amount of challenge.

For the haters rating low due to lag: The PS3 version is NOT

For the haters rating low due to lag: The PS3 version is NOT "broken". Did you have the auto-save option on for traveling and waiting? I'll bet you did, because I had the same issue. The fix for your lag? Turn that option OFF. If you don't, the save file will become massive and freeze the machine. Don't be stupid and knock a game for an easily-fixable issue. Try Google next time. :p
  62. May 3, 2014
    After the slow start on PS3, the patch fixed most issues and the game is very good. There is so much to do, and while some things will become repetitive, this is still worth picking up. Hundreds of hours of potential gameplay.
  63. Apr 21, 2014
    The greatest video gaming experience I've ever had.

Before I got into the game, I'd always heard of it, but never played. When I started playing it, I got hooked in it. The gorgeous open world, with over 400 locations just make it great. Lots of quests, infinite hours of gameplay, and such a great addition to a great franchise. Character creation really has improved, as well as the
    The greatest video gaming experience I've ever had.

Character creation really has improved, as well as the AI on each character. The voices are much improved as well, since Oblivion.

One common complaint it that it is "too easy" if so, go to your journal, and then settings, and change the difficulty. I recommend Apprentice or Adept for those on level 30-50, and then adept level from anywhere higher.

The amount of in game lore is incredible and quite stunning. As well as the development in the world, from simple things like how characters react to one and other, to the amazing post-quest dialogues.

10/10 from me
  64. Apr 7, 2014
    Skyrim is definitely one of my favorite games I have ever played. The visuals are great and the main story is OK, but all of the side missions are what make this game truly amazing. There are plenty of guilds to join and a unique quest line for each. The best part is, you don't have to chose what class you want to be right at the beginning. You chose what you want to be as you go. ForSkyrim is definitely one of my favorite games I have ever played. The visuals are great and the main story is OK, but all of the side missions are what make this game truly amazing. There are plenty of guilds to join and a unique quest line for each. The best part is, you don't have to chose what class you want to be right at the beginning. You chose what you want to be as you go. For me, this is the best RPG to date. Expand
  65. Feb 7, 2014
    This game is pure genius. Although not as acclaimed as the Grand Theft Auto series by critics, one can still say that this is a game worthy of playing. The game might be full of bugs, but the attention to detail in the mechanics of the game and the storyline is superb, unmatched by others in its genre. And finally, the visuals of the game are one of the best of its time, making it worthyThis game is pure genius. Although not as acclaimed as the Grand Theft Auto series by critics, one can still say that this is a game worthy of playing. The game might be full of bugs, but the attention to detail in the mechanics of the game and the storyline is superb, unmatched by others in its genre. And finally, the visuals of the game are one of the best of its time, making it worthy of a masterpiece. Expand
  66. Jan 30, 2014
    Skyrim is a fun game it is an RPG but its is like mincraft exept it is real life way better graphics and you could free roam you could get married and a whole lot of things i recommend it for all PS3 players
  67. Jan 24, 2014
    This game hands down is one of my all time favorite games. EVER! It's not a 10, but damn near close. The dungeons are too long, I wish there were more creativity options for characters and armor and weapons should be better at drops but all in all, love the gameplay!!
  68. Jan 12, 2014
    This is probably the best game ever made, certainly the best game available on PS3 for sure.

The game is monstrously huge the world is vaaaast! People think GTA is big, one area in Skyrim is bigger than the entire GTA world. With a game this big the longevity is obvious, you can put in weeks and weeks of hours into the game but new places, new quests, new weapons and new skills just never seem to stop popping up.

I got to a certain part in the game thinking oh no I'm coming to the end of the main story line, turns out i only got about 40% done it just doesn't end (unless your unemployed and play it all day everyday) Skyrim takes you into a fantasy world where you can make your own decisions that can effect a certain outcome to a certain quest. The order in which a player completes quests also effects future quests in a certain way (NOT SPOILING!)

I wont get into the quests and story line as I don't want to spoil it for the few people that haven't played it but the landscape, the backdrop,the entire world is just beautiful. Throw in probably the best soundtracks for a video game ever made and you have an amazing experience from start to finish it just doesn't get boring. The quests are always different.

Leveling up is totally at the players discretion regarding which skills you prefer to use and which type of character you want to be. All races have different strengths and weaknesses. The ability to pick your own race and level him/her up as you wish gives the player total control over his/her character rather than the majority of games just having a bog standard character that you have little or no control over.

I luckily rarely experienced any glitches or bugs people speak about in other reviews. I have put some serious hours into Skyrim and never had any problems with it which is why I am speaking so highly of it. I guess it would be annoying if it kept breaking but I guess I got lucky. I could speak about Skyrim all day but I can't say much more without adding SPOILERS.

Best RPG game ever made hands down, best overall game ever made? Its right up there for me.

Bring on Elder Scrolls 6.

Bravo Bethesda 10/10
  69. Jan 6, 2014
    The universe of the Elder Scrolls series is so deep and colorful and it really makes the game itself deeper. However, I think that the main quest and the guild questlines could be better. They're not really as interesting as the storylines of Oblivion and Morrowind. They're too much like a traditional fantasy story, bland and uninteresting, and I don't like that.

Gameplay wise, it's an

Gameplay wise, it's an amazing game. The rich and detailed world of Skyrim feels almost like a real world. You can interact and be interacted by almost everything in the game. The attention to detail really is so high that I can't even describe it. You have to play it for yourself to understand. The combat isn't perfect but it still is great, and it's definitely better than in Oblivion. The only complaint I have about the gameplay are the quests. Most of the can be described like this: "go to dungeon X, take item Y and bring it to person Z." That's all the variety that you're going to get. Well, most of the time. There are a couple of quests that are unique, but they aren't really that memorable.

Yes, there are some bugs and other issues, but the worst ones have already been fixed. The frame-rate issue still exists but can only take effect if your save file goes excessively large, which can happen if you have all the DLCs and put a lot of hours into it (a lot about 150).

The graphics are a tiny bit outdated but for a 2-year-old game, they're still doing good. There are a few spots that have a scenery that makes your jaw drop. Then there's the music and I do have to say one thing: it's freaking amazing, especially the combat music for some of the boss and dragon fights. Combine an amazing scenery with a perfect song and you've got yourself something to remember for a long time. But the faces and animations of the NPCs could be better...

Overall, it's an amazing game. If you don't have it yet and you're a fan of fantasy RPGs, I strongly recommend that you buy this. Yes, there are some issues but Bethesda has done a good job of patching them up and I don't think you'll encounter anything that would ruin your experience. You won't forget this game once you've played it.
  70. Jan 4, 2014
    still one of my favourite games i've ever played. its given me 200 hours of pure entertainment. don't listen to the bad ratings that's mainly because of the bugs that plagued this game at first but theyve long fixed them. A must buy for any gamer
  71. Jan 3, 2014
    skyrim has a massive world thats a blast to explore. your never more than a few steps away from something to do. the game also has A LOT of dungeons and each one offers a great challenge (especially the boss at the end of each dungeon). one of my favourite things about this game is how you level up specific aspects and abilities of your character instead of just a standard level up system.skyrim has a massive world thats a blast to explore. your never more than a few steps away from something to do. the game also has A LOT of dungeons and each one offers a great challenge (especially the boss at the end of each dungeon). one of my favourite things about this game is how you level up specific aspects and abilities of your character instead of just a standard level up system. the game also has an amazing atmosphere and soundtrack. my only problems with the game are that it has LOTS of pop in, lag and loading screens. Expand
  72. Jan 2, 2014
    great character customization nice loot i love the interactions between races and how it changes depending on your race and the dlcs alone are worth a purchase
  73. Dec 14, 2013
    This is truly the best game i have ever owned. I have over 150hrs of play time, it never ends. Yes the graphics aren't to good on ps3/Xbox 360. But trust me you will not be disappointed.
  74. Dec 2, 2013
    A staggering wealth of content that never overwhelms, since you're led by the gentle hands of all the wonderful quests. I must have played Skyrim for 50 hours now, and never once did I want it to 'end soon'.. the ending of the main quests left me in awe. The mystery drew me in from the first minutes and remains there as I have yet to discover several larger locations including majorA staggering wealth of content that never overwhelms, since you're led by the gentle hands of all the wonderful quests. I must have played Skyrim for 50 hours now, and never once did I want it to 'end soon'.. the ending of the main quests left me in awe. The mystery drew me in from the first minutes and remains there as I have yet to discover several larger locations including major cities. This game is an incredible artistical achievement, and you'll be in the hero's shoes, living it for a while. I cannot in any way give less than 9/10 to such a beautiful night sky. To all those characters and places, stories and adventures. But I can't give a perfect 10 either, as the puzzles get reused a lot throughout the game, and there were several consistency errors to break the immersion (sleeping for 10 hours in-game to find everyone doing the exact thing they were doing as you went to bed... instruments appearing and disappearing out of the blue, a quite early 'skill ceiling' where you feel you don't get empowered so much anymore etc). But I simply can't give less than 9 to that virtual magic. Expand
  75. Nov 28, 2013
    I want to give Skyrim a 10. It is the definitive adventure game of this generation, creating an unrivaled sense of immersion and a world that feels believable without the prescience of your character. Skyrim is a living breathing world with living breathing people, an accomplishment little to no games can boast. It provides limitless entertainment, giving me 200 hours of worth of contentI want to give Skyrim a 10. It is the definitive adventure game of this generation, creating an unrivaled sense of immersion and a world that feels believable without the prescience of your character. Skyrim is a living breathing world with living breathing people, an accomplishment little to no games can boast. It provides limitless entertainment, giving me 200 hours of worth of content and I'm still not even close to finishing all the side missions and quests. But there is one fatal flaw to Bestheda's latest gem: bugs. Lots and lots of bugs. I usually disregard glitches in games. If it doesn't affect the overall experience, such as a texture glitch or the occasional entrapment in a wall or pillar, it doesn't really matter. However, Skyrim possesses many glitches that make quests unbeatable, as well as cause game-ruining glitches that make some of the major missions impossible to complete. With all that said, is the PS3 version of Skyrim a good game worth buying?
    The story is your typical hero story. You are a hero named Dragonborn who the prophecies foretold to help defeat an evil dragon named Alduin and prevent the entire Nordic race from being wiped out by the return of the dragons. However, the greatest part of Skyrim is the fact that you don't have to follow any narrative or predetermined plot structure. This is YOUR story, and you can do whatever you want. There are seven major story lines in total, meaning that instead of fighting the dragons, you can completely ignore your destiny and join a Thieves Guild or a Dark Brotherhood of assassins. All of these main quests are memorable in their own way, introducing you to a plethora of new characters that all leave their mark on you throughout the adventure. Betrayals are common, allies die in seconds, and all of Skyrim is up to date on your escapades. You couldn't imagine when a trader in Riften congratulated me on my promotion to the group of do-good era known as the Companions in Whiterun, even though the two cities are miles and miles apart. It's amazing how real the game can feel, ranging from the perfect reactions to a murder (all of the guards coming quickly to the scene and even shooting first if you are a notorious criminal) to the anger a family feels when they intrude into their house after hours.
    Along with all of these high notes, every aspect of the gameplay feels great and rewarding. You level up on how often you use a skill, rewarding you for your persistence and recognizing which skills you value over others instead of making a decision right at the start of the game. In any other RPG, I'd likely have to choose between a warrior or a Mage immediately, without having an opportunity to test out both skills effectively. Also, trading and crafting spice up the hiatus between dungeon exploration and world traveling. You can craft your own weapons, which become more advanced the more you level up your skills with blacksmithing, and add magical perks on top of them, which is also self-acquired throughout the adventure in dungeons. These dungeons are also enjoyable, each of the several hundred feeling fresh and rarely repetitive due to the quests linked with each one. In a sense, you build yourself up from nothing into the hero everyone expects you to be. But in another sense, you live a life. 100 hours into the game, I reflected back on my journey as I sat on a tower chair, staring up at a beautiful starry night. I defeated Alduin in an epic battle. I inherited the Dark Brotherhood and became part werewolf. I also found love, marrying my housecarl and settling down in a large house in Solitude. However, on one quest, she died suddenly and I buried her where she was slain, forced to push onwards. As I stared up at the stars, I realized how far I had come in my life as the Dragonborn, and how far still I had left to go. This stands as one of the most beautiful moments I've experienced in any video game.
    Despite all of this overwhelming praise I have and an unbridled spirit of adventure to describe, I can't ignore the bugs that lower this game's likability and nearly ruin the experience altogether. First off, during one quest, in the city of Markath, I aided a group of bloodthirsty outcasts to escape a prison. The game glitched during this quest and now I can no longer enter this city without dozens of guards ganging up on me demanding me to go back to the prison from which I escaped. When I try to negotiate, the conversation loops forever until I have no other choice but refuse, leading to a fight with an overwhelming amount of guards. In short, all of the missions involving Markath were rendered unplayable, which really detracted from the game. Also, about 50 hours into the game, I noticed that the game began to lag. Due to Skyrim's awkward save system, the game becomes laggy and almost unplayable after saving 50 hours into the game. The game runs much slower after this point, replacing the smooth animations and gameplay with near immobility. One time I literally stared at a screen for 3 minutes mid-game just to wait for my character to take one swing at a dragon. Once the screen reaches its limit, the game loses its immersion and becomes extremely annoying to play.
    Overall, Skyrim could have been one of the best PS3 games ever made. Everything is there: perfect immersion, an amazing sense of progression and individuality with a story that revolves around you and you alone, and gameplay that allows you to build yourself up into one of Skyrim's greatest heroes. However, bugs and glitches bring this down, a dark stain on an otherwise flawless experience. Although the PC version is a much cleaner version that for the most part fixes these problems, Skyrim for the PS3 is a great adventure that everyone should experience, transcending its flaws in order to provide one of the most memorable RPGs in recent memory.

8.8/10
  76. Nov 26, 2013
    I find it ridiculous that people have given this game a ZERO just because of its bugs. The only other justifying reason for saying this game is bad is that the combat is somewhat mellow. It really depends on your taste, and besides, it can get really frantic at times. The bugs aren't unforgiving, but they are somewhat understandable. Games this size normally have their fair share andI find it ridiculous that people have given this game a ZERO just because of its bugs. The only other justifying reason for saying this game is bad is that the combat is somewhat mellow. It really depends on your taste, and besides, it can get really frantic at times. The bugs aren't unforgiving, but they are somewhat understandable. Games this size normally have their fair share and Skyrim is no exception. Frankly, the shear content is enough to sell this game. Firstly, the map is HUMONGOUS. Not only that, but it's also fun to explore and there is plenty of quests to urge you TO explore it. There's normally something close to where you are, be it a temple or a village, each with something interesting in them. That's the thing with Skyrim, you never know what you're going to get. A house could have in it a chest filled with loot or a group of skeletons.

There's a real sense of adventure in every quest and in just exploring the map. That's the beauty of Skyrim, and any Elder Scrolls for that matter: a quest might want you to kill a certain bandit or monster... but you could just as easily walk 50 miles in the opposite direction, place a basket on a dog's head and then kill it. It's very rare for a game to evoke such a sense of freedom. Many a quest will offer some way of going off the path. You could help an NPC through a dungeon, only to be told he is carrying a priceless artefact and you are given the option to kill him. There's just so much to do: craft a weapon, buy a house, get married, go on a quest, become thane of a province, the list goes on. It's one of those games that will take completionists hundreds of hours to do everything there is to do. If anything, it's well worth the money.

However urgent the main story quest at the point seems, you can always forget about it for a few days and spend your time doing other things. However, the storyline is amazing. The idea makes you feel epic: you are what is known as dragonborn, half man half dragon, and you are literally the only one that can stop the dragons from destroying all of Tamriel. It truly is the end of days... if you cannot do anything about it. This is exactly the right setup for a game of this setting. The world truly feels in danger; dragons attack villages and castles all the time. These battles are truly a visual spectacle, but you can eventually learn a dragon's movements fairly easily. That said, it never really gets old to see a dragon crash to the ground leaving a huge trench of dirt as they skid across the ground. The ending is great, but the final boss is a bit easy. I would recommend, if you are a high level, to bump up the difficulty.

Overall, there's no reason a fan of RPGs, or simply video games, would not enjoy this. I ended sinking so many hours into Skyrim and was happy to do so! I urge you to get this game. You owe it to yourself if you own a console or decent PC. And, don't you go stealing anybody's sweet roll, now!
  77. Nov 26, 2013
    Take this from someone who owns both the PC and PS3 version. If you own a PC and can confirm that it can run Skyrim, then I highly recommend purchasing the PC version over the PS3.

PC Pros:
    - Improved graphics and overall game performance
    - Ability and access to a large community modding library
    - Hot keys (SERIOUSLY IMPORTANT)
    PC Cons:
    - The cost of a PC. (usually high than a PS3)
  78. Nov 17, 2013
    Let me get this straight, this is the PS3 version of the game, and you troglodyte's are posting the reviews of the PC? I am going to be as honest as possible, but The Elder Scrolls V deserves nothing it is getting. This game is a masterpiece, and what do we have to expect from Bethesda Game Studios, just pure excellence. The graphics are simply gorgeous, leaving me speechless even after aLet me get this straight, this is the PS3 version of the game, and you troglodyte's are posting the reviews of the PC? I am going to be as honest as possible, but The Elder Scrolls V deserves nothing it is getting. This game is a masterpiece, and what do we have to expect from Bethesda Game Studios, just pure excellence. The graphics are simply gorgeous, leaving me speechless even after a year and 450+ hours of gameplay. The fighting is damn good, I should add. The game doesn't give me quite a scare as Fallout 3 did, but that is more of a gripe than a complaint, nor is it gory at all, another gripe. The achievement of finding something unique in such a vast world is so fulfilling that any gamer could enjoy, unlike the Call of Duty franchise where you can just step right in and have fun, you really need to build and build and build onto your character and constantly explore, because the experience just keeps getting better and better. Now we just have to wait for Fallout 4 to come out! Expand
  79. Oct 29, 2013
    There is a wide variety of possible quests that you can complete, and the gameplay and storyline is great. The few bugs that I ran into didn't ruin the game for me. I am a mainly PC gamer, so I enjoyed this more than most console games.
  80. Oct 29, 2013
    Uhm... I put 9 as a score for this games because it is an awesome game! Graphics: awesome (but some errors that can be solved.. but anyway neve rmind!) Dose it addict you? YES, but only at the very beginning.. when you go on with the missions and you've finished the story it's boring... there's not anything else that can addict you even more than the beginning of the game.. Bethesda gameUhm... I put 9 as a score for this games because it is an awesome game! Graphics: awesome (but some errors that can be solved.. but anyway neve rmind!) Dose it addict you? YES, but only at the very beginning.. when you go on with the missions and you've finished the story it's boring... there's not anything else that can addict you even more than the beginning of the game.. Bethesda game studios.. have to improve quite a lot of things... THERE ARE BUGS.. oh my god.. a lot of bugs.. Bethesda can solve them in a minute.
    Anyway I can't wait for TES VI (if there will be)
  81. Oct 5, 2013
    How did they do this? I developed my character the way I wanted and the gameplay stayed balanced and challenging till the awesome conclusion, shame they released a poor version at first, that Nintendo like quality control is becoming rare on consoles. One of the most vast, entertaining games ever made.
  82. Oct 3, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I’m going to start this review by saying one thing, I am NOT a TES fanboy I have never played an elder scrolls game besides skyrim. I’ve had this game just over a year and a half and so far have played and completed every quest line, daedric quest, and many side misc. quests on 7 different characters and played for over 3000 hours and still haven't got bored and I still haven't discovered everything in this game, just yesterday I found a new dungeon and a new follower. This game is massive and doesn’t restrict any playstyle, you could run around and kill anything you see you could buy a house and line the walls with books (in the hearthfire dlc it also adds children you can adopt) or you could join the companions and become a werewolf. the main questline is possibly one of the best story’s in games however it can be poorly executed at times for example, the long booring cut-scene after reading the elder scroll (there are very few cutscenes in this game but the ones that are there can be annoying). the side storylines in skyrim are also very interesting, some as much or even more so than the main questline (like the dark brotherhood questline or the dlcs) the daedric side quest are also very interesting and some are very strange (like the hangover spoof mission). there are many bugs and glitches in skyrim however i have never found a game breaking one or one that ruined my overall experience

final opinion:
    this game is far from perfect, however the size and overall experience of the game make it my favourite game of all time
  83. Sep 29, 2013
    I really loved my skyrim experience. I recommend it to anyone looking too have no life for a few months. hahaha but seriously this game is really fun, Its the ultimate fantasy rpg. do you want to be a sword wielding warrior, or a sneaky archer thief, how about a duel casting fire mage, well you can be it all in skyrim. you get to kill dragons and trolls and giants. you literally spend aI really loved my skyrim experience. I recommend it to anyone looking too have no life for a few months. hahaha but seriously this game is really fun, Its the ultimate fantasy rpg. do you want to be a sword wielding warrior, or a sneaky archer thief, how about a duel casting fire mage, well you can be it all in skyrim. you get to kill dragons and trolls and giants. you literally spend a day climbing to the top of a mountain and get to see absolutely spectacular graphics. Cool choose you own adventure type story line. tons and tons of side quests that add so many hours to the game. really fun collecting items and getting cool weapons and armor, fun to learn to craft potions and enchant your items. for under 20$ this game is one of the best ways to bring back current day nostalgia of early final fantasy games, Expand
  84. Sep 19, 2013
    Great Game to play. However lacks all of the additional add-ons of Xbox why?? Random battle dragons everywhere add a sense of danger to the game wherever you go and i don't know why people are giving this game a 0. It should be higher then that considering how much u get in the actual game. But i hate how they pay no attention to the ps3 version. They haven't updated it ever and there areGreat Game to play. However lacks all of the additional add-ons of Xbox why?? Random battle dragons everywhere add a sense of danger to the game wherever you go and i don't know why people are giving this game a 0. It should be higher then that considering how much u get in the actual game. But i hate how they pay no attention to the ps3 version. They haven't updated it ever and there are a bunch of glitch and bugs in the game. They should focus on the ps3 version as much as the Xbox. I heard from friends that the Xbox version is a lot better WTF. Seriously focus more on the PS3 and it will get a 10/10 at least frome me.(I got the game to work first Time) Expand
  85. Aug 31, 2013
    What the why are people hating THIS game. Skyrim is awesome!!!!! Yes it might have a lot of bugs, but the game has about 4 auto save-files, so you can go back to before the bug started. And all the great content in this game is just too good, despite the bugs. Even people I know who don’t like RPG games love Skyrim. (Sorry for bad spelling/ grammar)
  86. Aug 28, 2013
    It's the most addicting PS3 game I've ever played. It occasionally freezes, but I haven't noticed any other bugs like others have mentioned. Leveling up and trying to get all your stats to high levels are really fun. Kinda reminds me of when I used to play Final Fantasy Tactics and tried to unlock all the job classes for my main character. I've already put 50 hours into this game and canIt's the most addicting PS3 game I've ever played. It occasionally freezes, but I haven't noticed any other bugs like others have mentioned. Leveling up and trying to get all your stats to high levels are really fun. Kinda reminds me of when I used to play Final Fantasy Tactics and tried to unlock all the job classes for my main character. I've already put 50 hours into this game and can easily see myself putting in another 50-100 hours. Expand
  87. Aug 28, 2013
    Skyrim is an rpg game with huge content, vast world, nice character development, beautiful environments and much more. It's an epic adventure in the northern lands of Tamriel full of battles, quests, exploration, and interaction with npc's. You will have to spend hundreds of hours playing this game in order to do everything. The rpg elements are satisfying and will keep you playing forSkyrim is an rpg game with huge content, vast world, nice character development, beautiful environments and much more. It's an epic adventure in the northern lands of Tamriel full of battles, quests, exploration, and interaction with npc's. You will have to spend hundreds of hours playing this game in order to do everything. The rpg elements are satisfying and will keep you playing for hours trying to level-up your character and searching for better equipment. But it's not everything perfect because Skyrim like any other game has some flaws. First of all the inventory is a real mess: it's difficult to navigate making inventory management a difficult task. Inventory management is also difficult for more reasons than just it's difficult navigation. Imagine this situation: you've just cleared a big dungeon and returned to the town full of loot. Of course you're not going to need every single thing you found so you decide to sell a part of it. So you enter a shop, loading screen, you speak to the merchant, you navigate the horrible inventory, you start selling things but most of the time the merchant isn't going to have enough money to buy all of your things. So you exit the shop, loading screen, you fast travel to another town, loading screen, you enter another store, loading screen again and you follow the same procedure all over again until you've sold everything you want. I've played around 140 hours this game and I bet that at least 40 of these were spent on inventory management. For me this is the bigger flaw of the game and the main reason I don't give it a perfect 10. There are some minor flaws as well like some bugs and glitches, little frame rate problems, a little blurry graphics for the ps3 version, generic voice acting which is normal for a game of this scale, dragons being easier enemies than you would expect etc. Also combat is difficult with the ps3 analog sticks and i would like an aim-assist technique which would prevent my powerful spells which consume half of my mana striking the wall instead of the enemy. I have to admit that I played the patched version of the game so I didn't encounter the game-breaking bugs found before the 1.4 patch so I didn't include them on my review. Anyway despite it's flaws I highly recommend Skyrim to everyone because it's a game that you will play for months every day discovering something new about it. Expand
  88. Aug 23, 2013
    EPIC if u liked Oblivion then u will love this game, There is sooooo much to do I have played it for about 180 hours and there is still so much more for me to do, the story is great (better than Oblivion in my opinion) The graphics are good and there is a massive difference if u use a HDMI cable, can be quite qlitchy at some points but none that ruins the game! I defo recommend it,EPIC if u liked Oblivion then u will love this game, There is sooooo much to do I have played it for about 180 hours and there is still so much more for me to do, the story is great (better than Oblivion in my opinion) The graphics are good and there is a massive difference if u use a HDMI cable, can be quite qlitchy at some points but none that ruins the game! I defo recommend it, AMAZING GAME!!!!!!
    DragonBorn out..... ^_^
  89. Aug 17, 2013
    Skyrim is one of the best games out at the moment and I am quite shocked at some peoples reviews of this. Granted that the game is a little bit bugged but its certainly not to the extent some people claim, I personally find it quite humerous watching a mammoth fly through the air and then falling ot its death for some easy and valuable items you can take off it. Moving on though, SkyrimSkyrim is one of the best games out at the moment and I am quite shocked at some peoples reviews of this. Granted that the game is a little bit bugged but its certainly not to the extent some people claim, I personally find it quite humerous watching a mammoth fly through the air and then falling ot its death for some easy and valuable items you can take off it. Moving on though, Skyrim is a gorgeous Roleplay game which drags you into your greatest gaming fantasy where a whole entire wortld is open to you and everything about the design, style and even the ingame music is just breathtaking. Apart from the odd bug the game really is fun and I cannot recommend it enough. 9/10 Expand
  90. Aug 15, 2013
    That amount of haters is not normal. I'm actually playing this and I have to say, this is a jewel. The length of the game is almost infinite, the map is huge and very open. I can find the atmosphere of magic I haven't seen in a game for years. Is it true that since level 35-40 you start to notice a bit of lag, but of course nothing unberable. Not my favourite game ever, but top 2. I reallyThat amount of haters is not normal. I'm actually playing this and I have to say, this is a jewel. The length of the game is almost infinite, the map is huge and very open. I can find the atmosphere of magic I haven't seen in a game for years. Is it true that since level 35-40 you start to notice a bit of lag, but of course nothing unberable. Not my favourite game ever, but top 2. I really liked it. Expand
  91. Aug 10, 2013
    Skyrim is one of the best open world RPG's of all time. If you're a TES The Elder Scrolls fan you will love this game. If you've never played a TES game before but you like RPG's chances are you will like this game. You don't have to have played any of the previous TES games to understand this game or to fully enjoy it. You create your own character from scratch, You can choose a raceSkyrim is one of the best open world RPG's of all time. If you're a TES The Elder Scrolls fan you will love this game. If you've never played a TES game before but you like RPG's chances are you will like this game. You don't have to have played any of the previous TES games to understand this game or to fully enjoy it. You create your own character from scratch, You can choose a race from 10 different playable races. They all have their own abilities but you can play whatever way you like with any one of them. You can do whatever you want, however you want, whenever you want. Of course there is a main story you're Dragonborn a prophesied hero born into the world in a time of civil war and a time when dragons have come back. You can fight the dragons and find out why they have come back and what your purpose is, You can join either side in the civil war and there are also numerous other factions in which you can join. If you like being an assassin you can join the dark brotherhood a group of assassins, If you like to be a thief you can join a thief's guild, If you like Magic there is a Mage's guild, If you like fighting in combat there is a fighter's guild The companions They all have their own main story and many side stories as well. Skyrim has many, many side stories and you will be able to put hundreds of hours into this game before you even come close to completing it.

The graphics are very, very good, The combat and magic is solid and enjoyable, The music is phenomenal and if you like to get lost within another world in Skyrim you can do just that. The game did come originally with glitches, frame rate drops, freezing and some other problems. But since then they have all been patched and the game runs near perfect now.

So in conclusion if you want a game where you can be whoever you want to be and do whatever you want to do that also has a good story, lots to do, with good graphics, gameplay mechanics and you like RPG's/Action adventure games Skyrim is an absolute must buy. It got game of the year and well deserved.
  92. Jul 31, 2013
    In my opinion one of the best games ever. This game feels great, looks great and has a fantastic open world atmosphere. A must buy for any fan of roll playing games or Bethesda games in general.
  93. Jul 26, 2013
    I know this is very late, but I had just played skyrim recently. I'm gonna make this review on a pros and cons type to make this short so I hope you guys can enjoy.
    Pros:
    -Very big map, takes you approximately one hour to make it to the other side of the map -A lot of quests, too many to complete - Graphics are unbelievably beautiful - Soundtrack is addicting - Very flexible skill
    Pros:
    -A lot of quests, too many to complete
    - Graphics are unbelievably beautiful
    - Soundtrack is addicting
    - Very flexible skill system, can switch from one to another easily
    - Dragons are exciting to fight
    - Sneak attacks are awesome
    - can take up to more than 100 hours of gameplay which is worth the money that you pay
    - dungeon puzzles are very fun to play

Cons:
    - Few voice actors
    - Lots of bugs and glitches, even after updates
    - Freezes from time to time
    - Renders slowly
    - Shouts are discouraging to use, because some are just resisted and can only use one per fight scaring you to use the other less useful but more interesting shouts
    - Few armor variation
    - Few types of enemies, I feel like this game should have had more enemies with the size of this map rather than just bandits and wolves all the time.
    - AI mounts & followers are sometimes stupid, they attack when you are sneaking which is annoying
    - what you do mostly doesn't affect the game

even though there are more cons than pros, don't be discouraged. This game is amazing and very fun to play. I would recommend it if you are a RPG fan because it really is worth it.
  94. Jul 25, 2013
    I just bought the Legendary Edition, at this point the only worth buying. this game is a breath-taking experience that immerses you in a world you beautiful, so complete and full of wonder that you can only stand in awe. One of the top ten must have games of this generation! A must for every gamer in the WORLD!

If you buy the pc version, you can get the super duper HD graphics pack but

If you buy the pc version, you can get the super duper HD graphics pack but the console version feels slightly better for the sole purpose of the gaming experience, but that's just me, I like the overall console gaming more than overall pc gaming.

I have both the pc and the ps3 versions and there's no other game I find more re-playable and full of subtleties that makes it different every time. For the international gamer, such as myself, a word of advice, play it in english, I don't know about other translations but the spanish version is good but the original is slightly better. I would not say is bad or not encourage you to play it, but it just feels a little less brilliant, but that's just me nitpicking.
  95. Jul 17, 2013
    Summary
    +Very interesting quest
    +Massive amount of good quality content +Improvements over Oblivion +Great Graphics (at the time) -In some places the gameplay feels static -Some things that have been taken from Oblivion when they shouldn’t have been. -The difficulty spikes. -Bugs In short I would urge you to buy this game now. Unfortunately, though I haven’t played any of the
    Summary
    +Very interesting quest
    +Massive amount of good quality content
    +Improvements over Oblivion
    +Great Graphics (at the time)
    -In some places the gameplay feels static
    -Some things that have been taken from Oblivion when they shouldn’t have been.
    -The difficulty spikes.
    -Bugs

In short I would urge you to buy this game now. Unfortunately, though I haven’t played any of the games DLC, from what I have read the DLC content doesn’t other much, so unless you are a major fan, I would avoid spending money on that stuff.

Full Review (I could go about this game for ages but unfortunately metacritic have a 5000 character limit, so if I miss out anything you wanted to know about I am sorry)
    One of the great things amount Skyrim is the sheer amount of game content, which at times can feel overwhelming. I mean I played over 200hours (I know I am sad but I am getting help) and still didn’t complete every side activity quest etc. However unlike in a lot of RPGs where such levels of content are research by padding like fetch quests, in Skyrim while fetch quests are present, most quests are interesting and feel unique to each other. In particularly the quests for the companions which lead you to become a werewolf are exciting. Such vast content is enhanced by the sheer hugeness of game, with its massive map with locations being numerous, and each being interesting. This in combination with the introduction of dragons which are awesome (tough they can get a bit annoying after a while), and an interesting story of you being a rebel or empire supporter and dragonborn, makes for a great game. As far as I can see the only real problem with this is how it can get overwhelming, e.g. sometimes you will go on a quest an in the hour it takes you to complete it you will get 5 new one to complete, though that isn’t a majorly bad thing.

The next thing worth discussing is the improvements over Oblivion. The most obvious improvement (apart from graphics) is the ability to dual wield magic. This helps to increase the level of tension in combat as it allows you to cast spells while attacking with melee weapons, without the attacks being interpreted as they were in Oblivion. Other improvements include the levelling up system, because you can use points to unlock abilities e.g. the ability to create dragon armour. This enhances the RPG elements, because in Oblivion the upgrades are won with the increasing of skills, there is no choice over what skills you unlock. However unfortunately they did take some things out of Oblivion that will be missed. The obvious one is the arena which in Oblivion helped you settle into the game; in Skyrim the arena is gone. Another thing missing from Oblivion is how in Oblivion you could fast travel to all cities from the start, which helped making exploring more enjoyable. In Skyrim you have to spend ages unlocking every city individual by traveling to them. However this is largely nit picking because they haven’t removed so much features it is a major blow to the overall quality of the game.

Unfortunately they are major aspects of the game I am not sure about.

This first is the emphasis on magic, making it over powered. This is an annoyance if you are like me and you prefer melee, because I found that enemies would just shoot ice spikes at you draining your stamina, making you a sitting duck in a whole heap of However this isn’t such a bad thing because the nature of the game makes it easier to use both magic and melee, making it more of a tactical game. Certainly more so than Oblivion where you either charged in or keep you’re distant and cast spells.

The second major thing that I struggle to defend is that of the massive difficulty spikes. It is so annoying how often you will breeze through a location without dying once, then you get to like a mini-boss, and he kills you with two hits. This is why I would advise saving often to avoid having to go through the BS again. While some claim this is an improvement over Oblivion I disagree, because in Oblivion while enemies levelled up with you it meant you could control the difficulty by deciding that you level up to make it more difficulty. In Skyrim that freedom is removed.

The third issue is the story. It is fairly predictable and surprisingly forgettable. I think is this largely because the fact you are dragonborn in the game doesn’t add much to the combat as the shouts feel more like an average spell. This means that when the blades place all emphasis on your character, you don’t feel that much more powerful than them. That said the numerous side missions more than make up for the story.

The final major annoyance is how this game is notorious for bugs. I have to say I didn’t experience any myself until I got to about 50hours in them the game froze a few times. However this is no major issue because the bugs don’t make the game unplayable as some claim, and aren’t enough to remove all the positive aspects of the game.
  96. Jun 5, 2013
    This is as fair as I can make it, people.

Performance: I've played both the PC and the Playstation 3 versions of this game, owning the latter. I bought the game within two weeks after its release, and have logged well over 300 hours in the time that's gone by. In all this time, I have not once experienced a glitch, aside from the fortify restoration loop and the merchant chests, these
    This is as fair as I can make it, people.

Performance:
    I've played both the PC and the Playstation 3 versions of this game, owning the latter. I bought the game within two weeks after its release, and have logged well over 300 hours in the time that's gone by. In all this time, I have not once experienced a glitch, aside from the fortify restoration loop and the merchant chests, these being more a pair of minor, easily avoidable bugs than of frustrating or game breaking glitches. Lag occurs occasionally (less often with the 1.9 patch), but normally lasts only a minute or two. Loading times are longer than they should be however, even in relatively small areas such as indoor shops.

Value:
    This game is easily the most economic buy out there. Going through the main story, guild, faction, and daedric quests easily adds up to over a hundred hours of playing time; In terms of money, easily less than a dollar per playing hour.

Writing:
    Come with an appetite for lore.

The plots for most of the main and side story quests are very entertaining. I suggest playing this game for its stories as much as for the perks and leveling system. And I especially suggest taking on the thieve's guild, the companions', and the civil war quests early on, as they will emerse you in the lore of the world almost as much as the main story.

Visuals:
    Many sneer at Skyrim's muted color palette. So much so, that they forget to look up and see the beautiful distant mountain peaks and treelined horizons. They forget to pause and look at the shrubs and flowers. They've never peered over one of Skyrim's tumbling waterfalls. And they fail to connect the province's bleak color scheme with its equally bleak state of affairs. The game is set in the Province of Skyrim, a half-frozen wasteland subject to the will of demons and unhappy gods, which is without a King and in the state of civil war. Were people expecting sunshine, rainbows, and rain forests?

Gameplay:
    Leveling up is addictive and requires strategy in order to succeed on higher difficulties. Combat has improved since Oblivion, but still can grow repetitive after a while, largely because many of the enemies have a similar attack pattern (that is to say, none really). Alchemy and Enchanting add a great deal of fun to the game. Exploration is the single best aspect of this game, as Skyrim's map is literally miles wide, and is filled to the brim with secrets, interesting scenery, and places to discover.
  97. May 16, 2013
    an amazing game that you need to buy no matter what i have about 300 hours of gameplay and counting i believe that explains everthing buy it but if you dont have it yet just wait for the complete edition which has all the dlc's
  98. Apr 29, 2013
    Skyrim leaves the lasting impression that it truly will be a game that doesn’t end, a never ending story if you will, and it creates the sort of vibrant world that you know will continue to exist even after you have decided to no longer take part in its wondrous offerings of freedom and fantasy.
    The most surreal thing about playing such an expansive and sprawling world is the fact that while playing it, I truly wanted to get lost in this realm of Tamriel, whether it was pacing through the snow in Winterhold or standing atop the waterfall-laden city of Markarth, there is such an endless amount of sight-seeing and exploration to be had in this game before you even consider the stories being told.
    Without delving too much into the main quest, simply because there are that many side missions and stories that it seems unfair to dwell, your character is in fact a Dragonborn, and of course dragons seem to have returned to Skyrim for unknown reasons, and you are tasked with finding out the nature of their visit, but also try and heal relations between The Imperials and the Stormcloak rebellion. But of course our own Dragonborn must deal with everything else that he is being tasked with around this fast land.
    Whether you are learning a ‘Dragon Shout” or simply taking out your sword for close combat, the opportunities are endless as to what can be achieved in the remarkable game.
    As our hero is tasked with these shouts, which enable him to reach into the very soul of the dragons and basically use their powers, clear the sky of a storm, create a thunderstorm, breathe fire or even call a fallen soldier to your aid, these are all options, and that is only shouts, not magic. Magic can be used through Ice, Lightning or even Fire, whether your’e simply wanting to inflame a wolf who is giving you grief or go to extreme lengths and try to take down a dragon, the supernatural means are all on offer.
    The customisation of your character is indeed endless, after picking from a vast array of races, you can begin upgrading your character with anything you can get your hands on.
    Walk around in a simple rag if you want to, or why not join the Thieves Guild, work your way up and possess the fantastic Nightingale armour, or even steal the clothing from an Imperial guard, along with his gold, a key to his chest or even a house.
    But why stop there? Why not buy your very own property? Kit it out with whatever is on offer and even store all your baggage that you don’t want to sell or get rid of but simply cannot carry it anymore. The game truly offers another life for you to take control of and do as you see fit.
    But of course a game this vast and sprawling doesn’t come without its own baggage, and unfortunately this fifth entry into the Elder Scrolls universe is not without its problems. In terms of gameplay, the movement itself of NPCs and yourself still aren’t on par with games of the same generation, and the combat is in the most sincere way, woeful. Bethesda still cannot seem to incorporate a workable and enjoyable style of hand to hand combat without it looking tired and annoying, shields and swords are heavily upgradeable, but I found myself managing to come into possession of a wonderful sword, but equipping it to one hand with a fireball spell on the other, the motion of fighting is still very dark-age looking and should be given more time to improve upon. The game does also come with gltiches a plenty, and while some are just plain hilarious (getting thrown 100 feet in the air simply by falling from my horse) most are frustrating to the point of having to restart the console or last save game.
    But these little inklings aside, Skyrim itself is just bursting with untainted beauty. Staring out at the glaciers in the distance, sure just go for a walk to them and bathe in the environment around you, there is the best chance that you will encounter a side mission that just might sound interesting, retrieve a book from a derelict cave or go and do the bidding of a god. When this much detail goes into a game, it would just be insulting not to give it a try, with epic needing to be used in every sentence about this wonderful fantasy, it truly is one of the best games to ever grace a console, and will be enough to keep many occupied for a long time to come.
  99. Apr 29, 2013
    Probably the best money I have ever spent on entertainment/relaxation. This game incorporates so many different elements and investments of time that it suited any mood I was in. Whether ready for a long involved quest with story, discovery and challenge, or just a 15-20 minute easy adventure this is the perfect game.
    The enormous scope of variety and discovery makes this game never get
    The enormous scope of variety and discovery makes this game never get old.

However! Even though I gave the GAME itself 10 points, the Playstation version should probably only get a 7 due to the number of bugs and amount of time sitting around waiting for loading. But I didn't have it in me to give it a lower score.
  100. Apr 8, 2013
    This game is hands down amazing. Visually stunning, an enormous amount of quests and missions to do. There was a day where I did nothing but wander around in the woods and find locations. I play a lot of games, i have an xbox gamer-score around 40K and level 16 in PS3 trophies. I played this game and only this game for nearly four months. Amazing in every capacity. Ignore the high amountThis game is hands down amazing. Visually stunning, an enormous amount of quests and missions to do. There was a day where I did nothing but wander around in the woods and find locations. I play a lot of games, i have an xbox gamer-score around 40K and level 16 in PS3 trophies. I played this game and only this game for nearly four months. Amazing in every capacity. Ignore the high amount of negative comments on this game, a lot of people were just upset because one of the early patches for the game actually made it worse. Guess what it's a massive game, with tons of stuff going on and tons of things to do, there are going to be issues with any game of this scope. Expand

1. Official PlayStation Magazine Benelux
    Jan 2, 2012
    This is a game full of emotions for gamers who are willing to embrace it. A beautiful fantasy land that makes loading times a thing of the past and is full of surprises. Not only do you get a lot of variety in the locations, the gameplay offers a lot of different experiences as well. [December 2011, p.66]
  2. Dec 28, 2011
    I enjoyed Skyrim and I look forward to the DLC that we know is inevitably coming. If we looked at this honestly, though, this game probably should have been pushed back a month or so for more polish. It needed it and it still does.
  3. Playstation: The Official Magazine (US)
    Dec 17, 2011
    Skyrim is a gorgeous production that truly does justice to the words "roleplaying game." It doesn't just tell us a story, it gives us the chance to tell a story of our own. At its best, that's what an interactive art form should be all about. [Jan 2011, p.73]