6.1

1. Apr 7, 2014
    Skyrim is definitely one of my favorite games I have ever played. The visuals are great and the main story is OK, but all of the side missions are what make this game truly amazing. There are plenty of guilds to join and a unique quest line for each. The best part is, you don't have to chose what class you want to be right at the beginning. You chose what you want to be as you go. For me, this is the best RPG to date. Expand
  2. Feb 7, 2014
    This game is pure genius. Although not as acclaimed as the Grand Theft Auto series by critics, one can still say that this is a game worthy of playing. The game might be full of bugs, but the attention to detail in the mechanics of the game and the storyline is superb, unmatched by others in its genre. And finally, the visuals of the game are one of the best of its time, making it worthy of a masterpiece. Expand
  3. Jan 30, 2014
    Skyrim is a fun game it is an RPG but its is like mincraft exept it is real life way better graphics and you could free roam you could get married and a whole lot of things i recommend it for all PS3 players
  4. Jan 24, 2014
    This game hands down is one of my all time favorite games. EVER! It's not a 10, but damn near close. The dungeons are too long, I wish there were more creativity options for characters and armor and weapons should be better at drops but all in all, love the gameplay!!
  5. Jan 12, 2014
    This is probably the best game ever made, certainly the best game available on PS3 for sure.

The game is monstrously huge the world is vaaaast! People think GTA is big, one area in Skyrim is bigger than the entire GTA world. With a game this big the longevity is obvious, you can put in weeks and weeks of hours into the game but new places, new quests, new weapons and new skills just
    never seem to stop popping up.

I got to a certain part in the game thinking oh no I'm coming to the end of the main story line, turns out i only got about 40% done it just doesn't end (unless your unemployed and play it all day everyday) Skyrim takes you into a fantasy world where you can make your own decisions that can effect a certain outcome to a certain quest. The order in which a player completes quests also effects future quests in a certain way (NOT SPOILING!)

I wont get into the quests and story line as I don't want to spoil it for the few people that haven't played it but the landscape, the backdrop,the entire world is just beautiful. Throw in probably the best soundtracks for a video game ever made and you have an amazing experience from start to finish it just doesn't get boring. The quests are always different.

Leveling up is totally at the players discretion regarding which skills you prefer to use and which type of character you want to be. All races have different strengths and weaknesses. The ability to pick your own race and level him/her up as you wish gives the player total control over his/her character rather than the majority of games just having a bog standard character that you have little or no control over.

I luckily rarely experienced any glitches or bugs people speak about in other reviews. I have put some serious hours into Skyrim and never had any problems with it which is why I am speaking so highly of it. I guess it would be annoying if it kept breaking but I guess I got lucky. I could speak about Skyrim all day but I can't say much more without adding SPOILERS.

Best RPG game ever made hands down, best overall game ever made? Its right up there for me.

Bring on Elder Scrolls 6.

Bravo Bethesda 10/10
  6. Jan 6, 2014
    The universe of the Elder Scrolls series is so deep and colorful and it really makes the game itself deeper. However, I think that the main quest and the guild questlines could be better. They're not really as interesting as the storylines of Oblivion and Morrowind. They're too much like a traditional fantasy story, bland and uninteresting, and I don't like that.

Gameplay wise, it's an
    amazing game. The rich and detailed world of Skyrim feels almost like a real world. You can interact and be interacted by almost everything in the game. The attention to detail really is so high that I can't even describe it. You have to play it for yourself to understand. The combat isn't perfect but it still is great, and it's definitely better than in Oblivion. The only complaint I have about the gameplay are the quests. Most of the can be described like this: "go to dungeon X, take item Y and bring it to person Z." That's all the variety that you're going to get. Well, most of the time. There are a couple of quests that are unique, but they aren't really that memorable.

Yes, there are some bugs and other issues, but the worst ones have already been fixed. The frame-rate issue still exists but can only take effect if your save file goes excessively large, which can happen if you have all the DLCs and put a lot of hours into it (a lot about 150).

The graphics are a tiny bit outdated but for a 2-year-old game, they're still doing good. There are a few spots that have a scenery that makes your jaw drop. Then there's the music and I do have to say one thing: it's freaking amazing, especially the combat music for some of the boss and dragon fights. Combine an amazing scenery with a perfect song and you've got yourself something to remember for a long time. But the faces and animations of the NPCs could be better...

Overall, it's an amazing game. If you don't have it yet and you're a fan of fantasy RPGs, I strongly recommend that you buy this. Yes, there are some issues but Bethesda has done a good job of patching them up and I don't think you'll encounter anything that would ruin your experience. You won't forget this game once you've played it.
  7. Jan 6, 2014
    I have played skyrim the elder scrolls for more than 400 hours and i can say with truth in my heart that those who complain about this game are either trolls, someone who starts as soon as anything goes wrong OR! someone who have experienced a completely diffrent game than me i mean YES! it can be annoying having to wait 30 seconds for it to auto save and YES! it can be easy to complete the game oh wait except YOU CAN´T! no matter what you do there are always more quests than you can manage i mean i am in level 97 and i have more than 5 main quests and 25 side quest! for those saying oh its so easy wah wah wah THEN TURN UP THE GODDAMN DIFFUCLTY! me in level 97 with the best armor and 450 health still die as soon as i turn it up to normal you only have to be unconsentrated for 15 seconds before all of your health is gone because some of the wizards in this game are pretty OP! I still discover new places in skyrim and that says a lot! the skill system is okay meaning that to upgrade you magic skills you have to be a wizard! not meant as skyrim has classes but it takes so long to upgrade your magic (and weapon skills that you have to use em a lot not like in other games where you can use em once in a while and still become pretty OP at magic just because you use a couple of health spells here its something you build up over many hours until you have a truly good wizard or warrior of course you can mix the two for example using weapons when running out of magicka or using health spells as a warrior etc etc. what i love about this game is the huge area you can play in with all the random encounters and all the story yes it may experience bugs like brynjolf not appearing in the theives guild tavern but that does not matter! there are so many other quest that you forget that one miss that happended i mean with all the dungeon space its proberly as big as GTA V! what i´m trying to say is BUY THE GODDAMN GAME! you won´t regret it! and the only reason i don´t give this game 400.000.000 is that there are no multiplayer/co-op something they are fixing right now! (elder scrolls online) and most likely making the whole experience even better! Expand
  8. Jan 4, 2014
    still one of my favourite games i've ever played. its given me 200 hours of pure entertainment. don't listen to the bad ratings that's mainly because of the bugs that plagued this game at first but theyve long fixed them. A must buy for any gamer
  9. Jan 3, 2014
    skyrim has a massive world thats a blast to explore. your never more than a few steps away from something to do. the game also has A LOT of dungeons and each one offers a great challenge (especially the boss at the end of each dungeon). one of my favourite things about this game is how you level up specific aspects and abilities of your character instead of just a standard level up system. the game also has an amazing atmosphere and soundtrack. my only problems with the game are that it has LOTS of pop in, lag and loading screens. Expand
  10. Jan 2, 2014
    great character customization nice loot i love the interactions between races and how it changes depending on your race and the dlcs alone are worth a purchase
  11. Dec 14, 2013
    This is truly the best game i have ever owned. I have over 150hrs of play time, it never ends. Yes the graphics aren't to good on ps3/Xbox 360. But trust me you will not be disappointed.
  12. Dec 2, 2013
    A staggering wealth of content that never overwhelms, since you're led by the gentle hands of all the wonderful quests. I must have played Skyrim for 50 hours now, and never once did I want it to 'end soon'.. the ending of the main quests left me in awe. The mystery drew me in from the first minutes and remains there as I have yet to discover several larger locations including major cities. This game is an incredible artistical achievement, and you'll be in the hero's shoes, living it for a while. I cannot in any way give less than 9/10 to such a beautiful night sky. To all those characters and places, stories and adventures. But I can't give a perfect 10 either, as the puzzles get reused a lot throughout the game, and there were several consistency errors to break the immersion (sleeping for 10 hours in-game to find everyone doing the exact thing they were doing as you went to bed... instruments appearing and disappearing out of the blue, a quite early 'skill ceiling' where you feel you don't get empowered so much anymore etc). But I simply can't give less than 9 to that virtual magic. Expand
  13. Nov 28, 2013
    I want to give Skyrim a 10. It is the definitive adventure game of this generation, creating an unrivaled sense of immersion and a world that feels believable without the prescience of your character. Skyrim is a living breathing world with living breathing people, an accomplishment little to no games can boast. It provides limitless entertainment, giving me 200 hours of worth of content and I'm still not even close to finishing all the side missions and quests. But there is one fatal flaw to Bestheda's latest gem: bugs. Lots and lots of bugs. I usually disregard glitches in games. If it doesn't affect the overall experience, such as a texture glitch or the occasional entrapment in a wall or pillar, it doesn't really matter. However, Skyrim possesses many glitches that make quests unbeatable, as well as cause game-ruining glitches that make some of the major missions impossible to complete. With all that said, is the PS3 version of Skyrim a good game worth buying?
    The story is your typical hero story. You are a hero named Dragonborn who the prophecies foretold to help defeat an evil dragon named Alduin and prevent the entire Nordic race from being wiped out by the return of the dragons. However, the greatest part of Skyrim is the fact that you don't have to follow any narrative or predetermined plot structure. This is YOUR story, and you can do whatever you want. There are seven major story lines in total, meaning that instead of fighting the dragons, you can completely ignore your destiny and join a Thieves Guild or a Dark Brotherhood of assassins. All of these main quests are memorable in their own way, introducing you to a plethora of new characters that all leave their mark on you throughout the adventure. Betrayals are common, allies die in seconds, and all of Skyrim is up to date on your escapades. You couldn't imagine when a trader in Riften congratulated me on my promotion to the group of do-good era known as the Companions in Whiterun, even though the two cities are miles and miles apart. It's amazing how real the game can feel, ranging from the perfect reactions to a murder (all of the guards coming quickly to the scene and even shooting first if you are a notorious criminal) to the anger a family feels when they intrude into their house after hours.
    Along with all of these high notes, every aspect of the gameplay feels great and rewarding. You level up on how often you use a skill, rewarding you for your persistence and recognizing which skills you value over others instead of making a decision right at the start of the game. In any other RPG, I'd likely have to choose between a warrior or a Mage immediately, without having an opportunity to test out both skills effectively. Also, trading and crafting spice up the hiatus between dungeon exploration and world traveling. You can craft your own weapons, which become more advanced the more you level up your skills with blacksmithing, and add magical perks on top of them, which is also self-acquired throughout the adventure in dungeons. These dungeons are also enjoyable, each of the several hundred feeling fresh and rarely repetitive due to the quests linked with each one. In a sense, you build yourself up from nothing into the hero everyone expects you to be. But in another sense, you live a life. 100 hours into the game, I reflected back on my journey as I sat on a tower chair, staring up at a beautiful starry night. I defeated Alduin in an epic battle. I inherited the Dark Brotherhood and became part werewolf. I also found love, marrying my housecarl and settling down in a large house in Solitude. However, on one quest, she died suddenly and I buried her where she was slain, forced to push onwards. As I stared up at the stars, I realized how far I had come in my life as the Dragonborn, and how far still I had left to go. This stands as one of the most beautiful moments I've experienced in any video game.
    Despite all of this overwhelming praise I have and an unbridled spirit of adventure to describe, I can't ignore the bugs that lower this game's likability and nearly ruin the experience altogether. First off, during one quest, in the city of Markath, I aided a group of bloodthirsty outcasts to escape a prison. The game glitched during this quest and now I can no longer enter this city without dozens of guards ganging up on me demanding me to go back to the prison from which I escaped. When I try to negotiate, the conversation loops forever until I have no other choice but refuse, leading to a fight with an overwhelming amount of guards. In short, all of the missions involving Markath were rendered unplayable, which really detracted from the game. Also, about 50 hours into the game, I noticed that the game began to lag. Due to Skyrim's awkward save system, the game becomes laggy and almost unplayable after saving 50 hours into the game. The game runs much slower after this point, replacing the smooth animations and gameplay with near immobility. One time I literally stared at a screen for 3 minutes mid-game just to wait for my character to take one swing at a dragon. Once the screen reaches its limit, the game loses its immersion and becomes extremely annoying to play.
    Overall, Skyrim could have been one of the best PS3 games ever made. Everything is there: perfect immersion, an amazing sense of progression and individuality with a story that revolves around you and you alone, and gameplay that allows you to build yourself up into one of Skyrim's greatest heroes. However, bugs and glitches bring this down, a dark stain on an otherwise flawless experience. Although the PC version is a much cleaner version that for the most part fixes these problems, Skyrim for the PS3 is a great adventure that everyone should experience, transcending its flaws in order to provide one of the most memorable RPGs in recent memory.

8.8/10
  14. Nov 26, 2013
    I find it ridiculous that people have given this game a ZERO just because of its bugs. The only other justifying reason for saying this game is bad is that the combat is somewhat mellow. It really depends on your taste, and besides, it can get really frantic at times. The bugs aren't unforgiving, but they are somewhat understandable. Games this size normally have their fair share and Skyrim is no exception. Frankly, the shear content is enough to sell this game. Firstly, the map is HUMONGOUS. Not only that, but it's also fun to explore and there is plenty of quests to urge you TO explore it. There's normally something close to where you are, be it a temple or a village, each with something interesting in them. That's the thing with Skyrim, you never know what you're going to get. A house could have in it a chest filled with loot or a group of skeletons.

There's a real sense of adventure in every quest and in just exploring the map. That's the beauty of Skyrim, and any Elder Scrolls for that matter: a quest might want you to kill a certain bandit or monster... but you could just as easily walk 50 miles in the opposite direction, place a basket on a dog's head and then kill it. It's very rare for a game to evoke such a sense of freedom. Many a quest will offer some way of going off the path. You could help an NPC through a dungeon, only to be told he is carrying a priceless artefact and you are given the option to kill him. There's just so much to do: craft a weapon, buy a house, get married, go on a quest, become thane of a province, the list goes on. It's one of those games that will take completionists hundreds of hours to do everything there is to do. If anything, it's well worth the money.

However urgent the main story quest at the point seems, you can always forget about it for a few days and spend your time doing other things. However, the storyline is amazing. The idea makes you feel epic: you are what is known as dragonborn, half man half dragon, and you are literally the only one that can stop the dragons from destroying all of Tamriel. It truly is the end of days... if you cannot do anything about it. This is exactly the right setup for a game of this setting. The world truly feels in danger; dragons attack villages and castles all the time. These battles are truly a visual spectacle, but you can eventually learn a dragon's movements fairly easily. That said, it never really gets old to see a dragon crash to the ground leaving a huge trench of dirt as they skid across the ground. The ending is great, but the final boss is a bit easy. I would recommend, if you are a high level, to bump up the difficulty.

Overall, there's no reason a fan of RPGs, or simply video games, would not enjoy this. I ended sinking so many hours into Skyrim and was happy to do so! I urge you to get this game. You owe it to yourself if you own a console or decent PC. And, don't you go stealing anybody's sweet roll, now!
  15. Nov 26, 2013
    Take this from someone who owns both the PC and PS3 version. If you own a PC and can confirm that it can run Skyrim, then I highly recommend purchasing the PC version over the PS3.

PC Pros:
    - Improved graphics and overall game performance
    - Ability and access to a large community modding library
    - Hot keys (SERIOUSLY IMPORTANT)
    PC Cons:
    - The cost of a PC. (usually high than a PS3)
  16. Nov 17, 2013
    Let me get this straight, this is the PS3 version of the game, and you troglodyte's are posting the reviews of the PC? I am going to be as honest as possible, but The Elder Scrolls V deserves nothing it is getting. This game is a masterpiece, and what do we have to expect from Bethesda Game Studios, just pure excellence. The graphics are simply gorgeous, leaving me speechless even after a year and 450+ hours of gameplay. The fighting is damn good, I should add. The game doesn't give me quite a scare as Fallout 3 did, but that is more of a gripe than a complaint, nor is it gory at all, another gripe. The achievement of finding something unique in such a vast world is so fulfilling that any gamer could enjoy, unlike the Call of Duty franchise where you can just step right in and have fun, you really need to build and build and build onto your character and constantly explore, because the experience just keeps getting better and better. Now we just have to wait for Fallout 4 to come out! Expand
  17. Oct 29, 2013
    There is a wide variety of possible quests that you can complete, and the gameplay and storyline is great. The few bugs that I ran into didn't ruin the game for me. I am a mainly PC gamer, so I enjoyed this more than most console games.
  18. Oct 5, 2013
    How did they do this? I developed my character the way I wanted and the gameplay stayed balanced and challenging till the awesome conclusion, shame they released a poor version at first, that Nintendo like quality control is becoming rare on consoles. One of the most vast, entertaining games ever made.
  19. Oct 3, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I’m going to start this review by saying one thing, I am NOT a TES fanboy I have never played an elder scrolls game besides skyrim. I’ve had this game just over a year and a half and so far have played and completed every quest line, daedric quest, and many side misc. quests on 7 different characters and played for over 3000 hours and still haven't got bored and I still haven't discovered everything in this game, just yesterday I found a new dungeon and a new follower. This game is massive and doesn’t restrict any playstyle, you could run around and kill anything you see you could buy a house and line the walls with books (in the hearthfire dlc it also adds children you can adopt) or you could join the companions and become a werewolf. the main questline is possibly one of the best story’s in games however it can be poorly executed at times for example, the long booring cut-scene after reading the elder scroll (there are very few cutscenes in this game but the ones that are there can be annoying). the side storylines in skyrim are also very interesting, some as much or even more so than the main questline (like the dark brotherhood questline or the dlcs) the daedric side quest are also very interesting and some are very strange (like the hangover spoof mission). there are many bugs and glitches in skyrim however i have never found a game breaking one or one that ruined my overall experience

final opinion:
    this game is far from perfect, however the size and overall experience of the game make it my favourite game of all time
  20. Sep 29, 2013
    I really loved my skyrim experience. I recommend it to anyone looking too have no life for a few months. hahaha but seriously this game is really fun, Its the ultimate fantasy rpg. do you want to be a sword wielding warrior, or a sneaky archer thief, how about a duel casting fire mage, well you can be it all in skyrim. you get to kill dragons and trolls and giants. you literally spend a day climbing to the top of a mountain and get to see absolutely spectacular graphics. Cool choose you own adventure type story line. tons and tons of side quests that add so many hours to the game. really fun collecting items and getting cool weapons and armor, fun to learn to craft potions and enchant your items. for under 20$ this game is one of the best ways to bring back current day nostalgia of early final fantasy games, Expand
  21. Aug 31, 2013
    What the why are people hating THIS game. Skyrim is awesome!!!!! Yes it might have a lot of bugs, but the game has about 4 auto save-files, so you can go back to before the bug started. And all the great content in this game is just too good, despite the bugs. Even people I know who don’t like RPG games love Skyrim. (Sorry for bad spelling/ grammar)
  22. Aug 28, 2013
    It's the most addicting PS3 game I've ever played. It occasionally freezes, but I haven't noticed any other bugs like others have mentioned. Leveling up and trying to get all your stats to high levels are really fun. Kinda reminds me of when I used to play Final Fantasy Tactics and tried to unlock all the job classes for my main character. I've already put 50 hours into this game and can easily see myself putting in another 50-100 hours. Expand
  23. Aug 28, 2013
    Skyrim is an rpg game with huge content, vast world, nice character development, beautiful environments and much more. It's an epic adventure in the northern lands of Tamriel full of battles, quests, exploration, and interaction with npc's. You will have to spend hundreds of hours playing this game in order to do everything. The rpg elements are satisfying and will keep you playing for hours trying to level-up your character and searching for better equipment. But it's not everything perfect because Skyrim like any other game has some flaws. First of all the inventory is a real mess: it's difficult to navigate making inventory management a difficult task. Inventory management is also difficult for more reasons than just it's difficult navigation. Imagine this situation: you've just cleared a big dungeon and returned to the town full of loot. Of course you're not going to need every single thing you found so you decide to sell a part of it. So you enter a shop, loading screen, you speak to the merchant, you navigate the horrible inventory, you start selling things but most of the time the merchant isn't going to have enough money to buy all of your things. So you exit the shop, loading screen, you fast travel to another town, loading screen, you enter another store, loading screen again and you follow the same procedure all over again until you've sold everything you want. I've played around 140 hours this game and I bet that at least 40 of these were spent on inventory management. For me this is the bigger flaw of the game and the main reason I don't give it a perfect 10. There are some minor flaws as well like some bugs and glitches, little frame rate problems, a little blurry graphics for the ps3 version, generic voice acting which is normal for a game of this scale, dragons being easier enemies than you would expect etc. Also combat is difficult with the ps3 analog sticks and i would like an aim-assist technique which would prevent my powerful spells which consume half of my mana striking the wall instead of the enemy. I have to admit that I played the patched version of the game so I didn't encounter the game-breaking bugs found before the 1.4 patch so I didn't include them on my review. Anyway despite it's flaws I highly recommend Skyrim to everyone because it's a game that you will play for months every day discovering something new about it. Expand
  24. Aug 23, 2013
    EPIC if u liked Oblivion then u will love this game, There is sooooo much to do I have played it for about 180 hours and there is still so much more for me to do, the story is great (better than Oblivion in my opinion) The graphics are good and there is a massive difference if u use a HDMI cable, can be quite qlitchy at some points but none that ruins the game! I defo recommend it, AMAZING GAME!!!!!!
    DragonBorn out..... ^_^
  25. Aug 17, 2013
    Skyrim is one of the best games out at the moment and I am quite shocked at some peoples reviews of this. Granted that the game is a little bit bugged but its certainly not to the extent some people claim, I personally find it quite humerous watching a mammoth fly through the air and then falling ot its death for some easy and valuable items you can take off it. Moving on though, Skyrim is a gorgeous Roleplay game which drags you into your greatest gaming fantasy where a whole entire wortld is open to you and everything about the design, style and even the ingame music is just breathtaking. Apart from the odd bug the game really is fun and I cannot recommend it enough. 9/10 Expand
  26. Aug 15, 2013
    That amount of haters is not normal. I'm actually playing this and I have to say, this is a jewel. The length of the game is almost infinite, the map is huge and very open. I can find the atmosphere of magic I haven't seen in a game for years. Is it true that since level 35-40 you start to notice a bit of lag, but of course nothing unberable. Not my favourite game ever, but top 2. I really liked it. Expand
  27. Aug 10, 2013
    Skyrim is one of the best open world RPG's of all time. If you're a TES The Elder Scrolls fan you will love this game. If you've never played a TES game before but you like RPG's chances are you will like this game. You don't have to have played any of the previous TES games to understand this game or to fully enjoy it. You create your own character from scratch, You can choose a race from 10 different playable races. They all have their own abilities but you can play whatever way you like with any one of them. You can do whatever you want, however you want, whenever you want. Of course there is a main story you're Dragonborn a prophesied hero born into the world in a time of civil war and a time when dragons have come back. You can fight the dragons and find out why they have come back and what your purpose is, You can join either side in the civil war and there are also numerous other factions in which you can join. If you like being an assassin you can join the dark brotherhood a group of assassins, If you like to be a thief you can join a thief's guild, If you like Magic there is a Mage's guild, If you like fighting in combat there is a fighter's guild The companions They all have their own main story and many side stories as well. Skyrim has many, many side stories and you will be able to put hundreds of hours into this game before you even come close to completing it.

The graphics are very, very good, The combat and magic is solid and enjoyable, The music is phenomenal and if you like to get lost within another world in Skyrim you can do just that. The game did come originally with glitches, frame rate drops, freezing and some other problems. But since then they have all been patched and the game runs near perfect now.

So in conclusion if you want a game where you can be whoever you want to be and do whatever you want to do that also has a good story, lots to do, with good graphics, gameplay mechanics and you like RPG's/Action adventure games Skyrim is an absolute must buy. It got game of the year and well deserved.
  28. Jul 31, 2013
    In my opinion one of the best games ever. This game feels great, looks great and has a fantastic open world atmosphere. A must buy for any fan of roll playing games or Bethesda games in general.
  29. Jul 25, 2013
    I just bought the Legendary Edition, at this point the only worth buying. this game is a breath-taking experience that immerses you in a world you beautiful, so complete and full of wonder that you can only stand in awe. One of the top ten must have games of this generation! A must for every gamer in the WORLD!

If you buy the pc version, you can get the super duper HD graphics pack but
    the console version feels slightly better for the sole purpose of the gaming experience, but that's just me, I like the overall console gaming more than overall pc gaming.

I have both the pc and the ps3 versions and there's no other game I find more re-playable and full of subtleties that makes it different every time. For the international gamer, such as myself, a word of advice, play it in english, I don't know about other translations but the spanish version is good but the original is slightly better. I would not say is bad or not encourage you to play it, but it just feels a little less brilliant, but that's just me nitpicking.
  30. May 16, 2013
    an amazing game that you need to buy no matter what i have about 300 hours of gameplay and counting i believe that explains everthing buy it but if you dont have it yet just wait for the complete edition which has all the dlc's
  31. Apr 29, 2013
    Skyrim leaves the lasting impression that it truly will be a game that doesn’t end, a never ending story if you will, and it creates the sort of vibrant world that you know will continue to exist even after you have decided to no longer take part in its wondrous offerings of freedom and fantasy.
    The most surreal thing about playing such an expansive and sprawling world is the fact that
    while playing it, I truly wanted to get lost in this realm of Tamriel, whether it was pacing through the snow in Winterhold or standing atop the waterfall-laden city of Markarth, there is such an endless amount of sight-seeing and exploration to be had in this game before you even consider the stories being told.
    Without delving too much into the main quest, simply because there are that many side missions and stories that it seems unfair to dwell, your character is in fact a Dragonborn, and of course dragons seem to have returned to Skyrim for unknown reasons, and you are tasked with finding out the nature of their visit, but also try and heal relations between The Imperials and the Stormcloak rebellion. But of course our own Dragonborn must deal with everything else that he is being tasked with around this fast land.
    Whether you are learning a ‘Dragon Shout” or simply taking out your sword for close combat, the opportunities are endless as to what can be achieved in the remarkable game.
    As our hero is tasked with these shouts, which enable him to reach into the very soul of the dragons and basically use their powers, clear the sky of a storm, create a thunderstorm, breathe fire or even call a fallen soldier to your aid, these are all options, and that is only shouts, not magic. Magic can be used through Ice, Lightning or even Fire, whether your’e simply wanting to inflame a wolf who is giving you grief or go to extreme lengths and try to take down a dragon, the supernatural means are all on offer.
    The customisation of your character is indeed endless, after picking from a vast array of races, you can begin upgrading your character with anything you can get your hands on.
    Walk around in a simple rag if you want to, or why not join the Thieves Guild, work your way up and possess the fantastic Nightingale armour, or even steal the clothing from an Imperial guard, along with his gold, a key to his chest or even a house.
    But why stop there? Why not buy your very own property? Kit it out with whatever is on offer and even store all your baggage that you don’t want to sell or get rid of but simply cannot carry it anymore. The game truly offers another life for you to take control of and do as you see fit.
    But of course a game this vast and sprawling doesn’t come without its own baggage, and unfortunately this fifth entry into the Elder Scrolls universe is not without its problems. In terms of gameplay, the movement itself of NPCs and yourself still aren’t on par with games of the same generation, and the combat is in the most sincere way, woeful. Bethesda still cannot seem to incorporate a workable and enjoyable style of hand to hand combat without it looking tired and annoying, shields and swords are heavily upgradeable, but I found myself managing to come into possession of a wonderful sword, but equipping it to one hand with a fireball spell on the other, the motion of fighting is still very dark-age looking and should be given more time to improve upon. The game does also come with gltiches a plenty, and while some are just plain hilarious (getting thrown 100 feet in the air simply by falling from my horse) most are frustrating to the point of having to restart the console or last save game.
    But these little inklings aside, Skyrim itself is just bursting with untainted beauty. Staring out at the glaciers in the distance, sure just go for a walk to them and bathe in the environment around you, there is the best chance that you will encounter a side mission that just might sound interesting, retrieve a book from a derelict cave or go and do the bidding of a god. When this much detail goes into a game, it would just be insulting not to give it a try, with epic needing to be used in every sentence about this wonderful fantasy, it truly is one of the best games to ever grace a console, and will be enough to keep many occupied for a long time to come.
  32. Apr 29, 2013
    Probably the best money I have ever spent on entertainment/relaxation. This game incorporates so many different elements and investments of time that it suited any mood I was in. Whether ready for a long involved quest with story, discovery and challenge, or just a 15-20 minute easy adventure this is the perfect game.
    The enormous scope of variety and discovery makes this game never get
    old.

However! Even though I gave the GAME itself 10 points, the Playstation version should probably only get a 7 due to the number of bugs and amount of time sitting around waiting for loading. But I didn't have it in me to give it a lower score.
  33. Apr 8, 2013
    This game is hands down amazing. Visually stunning, an enormous amount of quests and missions to do. There was a day where I did nothing but wander around in the woods and find locations. I play a lot of games, i have an xbox gamer-score around 40K and level 16 in PS3 trophies. I played this game and only this game for nearly four months. Amazing in every capacity. Ignore the high amount of negative comments on this game, a lot of people were just upset because one of the early patches for the game actually made it worse. Guess what it's a massive game, with tons of stuff going on and tons of things to do, there are going to be issues with any game of this scope. Expand
  34. Mar 20, 2013
    The greatest game I have ever played! This is video gaming at its finest. There is so much you can do in this game. I've played it for a total of about 150 hours and I still haven't done everything. Combine that with awesome character customization, many fantastic side quests, an amazing main quest, and a massive, beautiful world, Skyrim is the pinnacle of gaming! I can't wait for more Elder Scrolls games! Expand
  35. Mar 10, 2013
    The amount of detail in this game is incredible! I cannot describe how much detail there is in this game. There must be easily over one hundred books in this game, all that can be read and placed on bookshelves in your home. The painstaking attention to detail is nothing short of phenomenal. Couple this with a beautiful and open overworld, countless ways to customize your character and an exciting battle system and you have one of the greatest games ever created. The soundtrack to this game is sublime; very atmospheric and in places heart wrenching and hauntingly beautiful, the soundtrack alone is a reason to get this game. It fits in with the fantasy land of Skyrim like a glove to a hand, and really makes the game feel so open and as if the world around you lives and breathes and has a story of its own. I bought the game about one week after release and yes, for the first few months, the game was plagued by some horrendous bugs that really brought the experience down. But these have since been resolved, and you would only be cutting off your nose to spite your face if you didn't get this game due to past issues. Also the full DLC is now available on the PS3 (which I have yet to play can't wait) so please, if you are a fan of fantasy RPG's and incredible adventure, treat yourself to Skyrim. You won't be disappointed. Expand
  36. Feb 8, 2013
    5.8?! o_O What is wrong with you people?! I completely finished this game, totally, 100%, nothing more to do. 467 hours in. So much to do in this game! Wow! And you do all that you want and you can be the character you want. Waiting for the DLCs... By the way, my game never crashed! Unlike Fallout 3 which crashed every 30 minutes during 150 hours. :S
  37. Feb 3, 2013
    The characters, the stories, the customization, the world, make this beautiful RPG one that is hard to get tired of.
  38. Jan 26, 2013
    I'll be brief. An amazingly addictive game, and I have not seen any of the legendary glitches ... yet. That said it is a game that constantly calls you back for more.
  39. Dec 27, 2012
    Yeah it's true... this game had a lot of GLITCHES. But the solved them all!! Don't worry about the those 1744 reviews :D yeah don't worry about them. They have updated the PS3 version and yeah it took a while but it's finally over.

I had the game months ago and sold it to Gamestop but now the graphics are stunning compared with the old graphics I saw months ago... for real. This is a
    good game. It's big. Don't spit on it. Expand
  40. Dec 27, 2012
    There isn't much to say,its one of the most wonderful game in history,and all the credit goes to "Bethesa",THEY are the best videogames company in my opinion,they produced such good games like Fallout,Dishonored,Wet and more...
  41. Dec 6, 2012
    Skyrim on ps3 has received harsh criticism due to bugs and lag but Bethesda fixed these problems and released patches by doing so the games visuals are groundbreaking and the quests and main story line is very addictive, it is not a perfect game though through the game there are minor bugs and sometimes low fps (lag) and before the patches made by bethesda the game was full of bugs and would freeze for many players but now many of these bugs are fixed and the game itself is much better and once you get started on this wild adventure of skyrim it's hard to stop! Expand
  42. Dec 3, 2012
    Maxmark, I just want to say you are a completed dumb ass the reason your game is lagging is because your use a crappy PS3 so get a better one then try it you'll defiantly change your thinking I did after i got it. even knowing the campaign isn't that long it's still as good. So what I'm trying to get to is you need to get A BETTER PS3!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  43. Nov 29, 2012
    Probably one of the best 5 games of all time---even with the bugs and load time. Huge in scope and imagination. Can't say enough about it. The only real question is whether to go for 100% completion now that I'm already 181 hours in.
  44. Nov 25, 2012
    I dont understand all the negative reviews? Everything they say is wrong? I loved this game, it isn't buggy AT ALL, the graphics are AMAZING, The storyline is epic. i loved this game, and i certainly recommend it to everyone who likes RPG Games.
  45. Nov 25, 2012
    FUS RO DAH! i love the elderscrolls skyrim! it is one of the most fun, exiding, fantasy awesome free roming video games! i like that you can choose what to say to people to choose what you want to happen. its always really fun when you find a shout wall with a dragon gaurding it and imagine what the shout may be... collecting spells, weapons, armor, and shouts, is just 4 of many exiding, things to do in skyrim! Expand
  46. Nov 21, 2012
    Strange, looking at the critic reviews this got it looked good then reading the user reviews on here it looked bad. So bought it anyway and loved it. It goes to show you cant go on what people read. Loads of bugs yes, but gameplay and variety really excelled on this game. This is one of the best games ive played, just before you buy a game watch video clips and dont go on what people say because i very nearly never bought this game. Enjoy Expand
  47. Nov 10, 2012
    Stunning. From the first scene to the very last. The game is so expansive You don't need to play the main quest. You don't even need to play ANY quests. The graphics and sound are exquisite . The magic system is awesome and the world is very believable. If I had to pick out negatives. I'd say the combat system ( especially when using weapons) is clunky. The menu system is not as fluid as it could be. If they had employed the hot key system that Fallout had then It would have been a lot simpler and useable. The main menu system in regard to levelling up IS useful and visually absorbing however. The game difficulty is a strange one. At first I found it too hard , now most encounters are far too easy. Yes I could raise the difficulty , but that would mean the one or two characters that I do meet who are very powerful would seem unbalanced. Dragons are not nearly as powerful as I had anticipated. I do have a team of four however and my character levelled up greatly in his wanderings before I even started the main missions. Perhaps to my detriment as I now find even bosses to be a two second affair. Expand
  48. Nov 10, 2012
    Skyrim is one of the most amazing games I have ever played. Perhaps the main history isn´t interesting enough, but if you play the alter-missions mixed with the main history, this game becomes very enjoyable. The bugs and the glitches happen usually in this game, but instead of hate the game becouse of that, I really enjoy and laugh a lot with some of them ( Like a dragon flying in cyrcles, or things like that ). In conclusion:
    The best: Beautiful graphics, hours and hours and hours of gaming, great music and the best RPG game in 2011.
    The worst: Some bugs, main history a bit boring.
  49. Nov 10, 2012
    I got this game in January after the main patches had been released and have never seen any bugs. This game is fantastic. I've played it for over 200 hours! Which is quite unlike me. So much to do, the world seems huge at first, but you soon get used to it. I have a small army fighting for me now, with a follower, battle dog, horse, quest character and 2 zombies at my command. I'm currently hunting for the dragon priest masks. Expand
  50. Nov 3, 2012
    Skyrim is an amazing game.

As with most Bethesda releases there are multiple flaws that, to some, will amount to an unplayable game, but if you can look past superficialities and some serious but infrequent faults then it's one of the biggest, deepest and most rewarding games ever released.

The environment is winter-esque in nature meaning that there's a lot of white and grey
    interspersed with pale green and muddy brown. The textures of the world are ugly on the PS3 version with a repetitive texture mapping system being used on some of the larger plains, however the fog-shrouded mountains are magnificent and at any time in Skyrim when a blizzard hits as you plow onwards to your destination then the graphics crank up from good to awesome.

The scale of the world is staggering, there are of course limits to where you can travel to but the playground is so immense that you'd have to be deliberately trying to test the limits in order to encounter any barriers.
    The towns and settlements are beautifully thought out and almost themed in nature, varying from a mountain-side city to a cluster of homes planted around a swamp, the Jarl's that oversee the towns give a nice sense of identity to the inter-Skyrim populations.

There is a breadth of variety in the missions and two main plot threads (a 2-side civil war and a resurgence of ancient dragons) that occur, the massive technical scope of the game means that continuity and natural consequences are sacrificed so comrades who've fought by your side dozens of times and haled you as a hero in the scripted sequences either threaten, ignore or casually comment on the weather when you encounter them after the set missions and this can seem to lessen the sense of accomplishment after you tie up a plot thread.

Players can duel wield a short sword and shield, hold a single great sword or have magic in one or both hands or a sword in one and magic in the other.
    The enemies range irritatingly from blade-fodder to mega-balls hard cases meaning that sometimes you can embark on a mission only to discover you're not at a high enough level to handle the legion of barbarians that charge you whilst your trying to retrieve a book or steal a coronet.
    Worse is when you attack, deliberately or by accident, anyone in a town or court - this leads to an army of yelping glitchy morons all attacking you at once and shouting incoherent non-sense whilst you can't help but laugh at the ridiculous farce erupting around you. Skyrim is a great game and a brilliant technical achievement but there are flaws, in fairness they are more to do with the limitations of current hardware over sloppiness on behalf of the devs, that being said there are reports of the system crashing, file saves corrupting and missions being incompletable due to scripted events not occuring - I've never encountered any such problems however.
    If you are a forgiving gamer, but Skyrim, if you like a pristine COD experience then don't bother.
  51. Oct 30, 2012
    This was one of the best games I have ever played. The graphics are great, the story keeps you involved, and the game play is superb. Yes there were a few bugs once your saved data reached over 6MB, but I honestly didn't experience any during my play through. A must have for all gamers, RPG fans or not.
  52. Oct 29, 2012
    It doesn't deserve the negative ratings it has got, sure there are some bugs, but, don't hinder gameplay in the slightest I find, some are even funny. I love Bethesda games :) I don't play on 'easy' moderate difficulty is always best, haha, then hardest :)
  53. Oct 29, 2012
    Honestly, the best game I have ever played. The main plot is hugely creative, and you do not have to follow on that plot if you do not want to. The graphics are phenomenally beautiful, and you feel as if you are in the action. The glitches are sometimes funny, and I have to deal with such little glitches. Superb game.
  54. Oct 17, 2012
    I do not understand the bad reviews on this game. This game is amazing. For all you oblivion, fallout fans u must get this game and play it!!!!!!!!!!!
  55. Sep 28, 2012
    I will never again trust user reviews on Metacritic. Some of the guys here are idiots. The technical problems have been patched ffs! Skyrim is an amazing game that you never want to quit! There is so much to do and you can immerse yourself in it for hours upon hours! One of the best open-world RPG's ever, simply put.
  56. Sep 20, 2012
    Except for some annoying bugs, is a masterpiece. Everything about the game play is perfect, missions, combat, upgrading weapons and armors.

I love this game.

I would have given it a score 9.7.
  57. Aug 22, 2012
    When the game was launched there were too many glitches and bugs, all Bethesda ports to PS3 were like that, so that's why I am writing a review now, right now, there are no more bugs or glitches in the game or if there is some its really not affecting gameplay anymore, you can play the game, enjoy it and you will not be disappointed, the game is a blast, story, gameplay, design, visual and audio is impeccable, you can chose the difficulty on the run like the other Bethesda games what's great, best RPG made so far for PS3. By now August 2012 a must buy. Expand
  58. Aug 18, 2012
    So, I own the PS3 version, its amazing. You probably know all about this game by now, the reviews are grouped into three categories, I LOVE IT(positive), I HATE IT WHEN THEY RELEASE A GAME WITH BUGS, and I HATE IT WHEN THEY TAKE TIME TO FIX THE BUGS BEFORE THEY RELEASE THE DLC.

Good god people.. Pick a side, Bethesda is taking time to fix THE PS3 PLAYERS MAJOR GRIPE against this game
    by taking the time to make sure Dawnguard is released with as few bugs as possible..
    No surprise, this still isn't good enough for the mighty ps3 players
  59. Jul 25, 2012
    This game is still being played, however on a pc not the ps3 due to lack of support. It is still playable, but there are several broken quests that cannot be completed. This game is so huge it should be rated on a scale of 0..15 not 10. I would still give it a 15 out of 15 because of the sheer beauty of the game on the PS3. it plays a bit soft though, I'm playing at the highest level and am challenged somewhat but not the Demons Souls level of challenge. Expand
  60. Jul 25, 2012
    I haven't been able to stop playing it ever since I got it. It's amazing, easily one of the best games ever made. While there are some glitches and bugs that's something you should expect when playing a game this big.
  61. Jul 21, 2012
    I was going to give this game a 10/10, but then I remembered I had it on the pc, which is way better. I play this on the ps3 from time to time and it's a really good game.
  62. Jul 20, 2012
    Skyrim is definitely one of the best games I have ever played. The graphics are outstanding especially in large environments. When you go out for questing, the mountains in the distance are fully rendered and detailed. Third Person View is still a bit clunky, but the First Person View is where game play really shines. the only thing I feel that the developers could improve on would be making The Third Person View easier to control and add extra quotes too all the people in Skyrim especially guards, every time you go near them they say " A guard might get nervous, a man approaches with his weapon drawn".

Overall a gamer can surpass these minor flaws and truly love this game. There is soo much too do in the world of Skyrim, too much to even pick out, you will get lost in playing this game because of its realism, detailed large environment. When you see this game at a shop for 60 or 70 dollars you now know why...

9/10 - NoNamerGamer
  63. Jul 4, 2012
    I don't understand why there are so many bad reviews. Maybe because haven't played any Elder Scrolls games prior to Skyrim, I'm not able to compare it, however, the apparent issue is probably that all the other reviews are just complaining about bugs. Also, there was some link set up on a popular website that was entitle "Post Problems about Skyrim Here", and, because of that, this page has probably attracted the attention of many people who are frustrated by the glitches and are unable to enjoy Skyrim to it's fullest. However, if you are able to play (with minor glitches at least, no doubt), Skyrim is a game with a beautiful environment that I found myself enjoying multiple playthroughs of more than any other game I've played. Although the game might be getting a little stale for me, I'm especially excited for the new DLC coming in September, called Dawnguard. All these factors added together gives this game a perfect 10. Expand
  64. Jun 30, 2012
    Look, I know how to review a game. And it is obvious that some of these people don't. A half of the people who have reviewed this game have either got a vendetta against Besthesa, are CoD or Battlefield fanboys, or simply got extremely pissed off when their game froze at level 49. I want to be honest, because I am not going to con people in to getting this game. It is not perfect, but it definitely isn't as bad as most of the people on this list make it out to be. Skyrim is a diverse and brilliant as you could want, because it is rare (as in extremely rare) for a game to hit the 100% mark. This game doesn't deserve a score of 100%, but it doesn't deserve a 0%, a 30% or a 60% (and I know I am going to get some hate for this). A 75% would probably be acceptable, and even a 70% as long as the reasons were about the game, and not the reviewer's feelings against the game. The game world in this game is awesome, alive and large enough that you are playing a magical version of life itself, and you really feel like some of the people you are talking to are real people, and not just a bunch of pixels that spit out backstory. If you buy this game, you should love it, but people who say that this game is a 50% or 60% should know that this game just isn't for them, and people who gave it a 0% or a 10% are complete idiots. Expand
  65. Jun 19, 2012
    Now that most bugs have been fixed this game in really incredible. You can do about anything from being a murderer in the dark brotherhood to being the dragon born and saving the world. Is not getting a 10 from me because at the begging it had a lot of bugs.
  66. Jun 15, 2012
    I laugh at all the other reviews complaining about the glitches, bugs, frame rate issues. Oh, I would be upset too if my game glitched out without repair after spending countless hours on it. Fortunately, I picked up Skyrim after all the major issues were fixed by patches. Given this, I experienced no more bugs than any other game. As for the game itself, holy s**t how much can you fit in one game! I may have permanently damaged my health due to the sheer amount of hours I have spent sitting in one position, staring at the screen with controller in hand. Perhaps a little more character facial expression, movement, involvement or cinematics would have pushed Skyrim to a solid 10. They all seemed a little stiff except the annoying Cicero. By the way, being able to shout and call down a lightning storm, dragon, and blow away opponents off a cliff is pretty damn awesome. Expand
  67. Jun 13, 2012
    The only real problem with this game is that it got so big that people who just don't understand what Bethesda or TES is all about started buying it. For anyone who has played the previous TES or Fallout games, this game is a dream come true. The world feels much more real than in Oblivion, with fantastic and varied environments and a story steeped in complex politics and allegiances. The combat system is incredibly refreshing, feeling fresh and responsive, with far more impact and weight than the previous games. Don't worry about bugs, they're a disgustingly exaggerated rarity and shouldn't hamper your experience at all. GO BUY THIS GAME! Expand
  68. Jun 11, 2012
    Skyrim was an amazing game, although it had its flaws. If you want to have a good story, then play it. Dragons aren't impossible to kill (in fact, there are many things that are harder like Dwemer Centurion Guardians). After all of the updating that the jackasses at Bethesda did, the game shouldn't crash (or it will only crash if you play it for 10 hours straight) so long as you turn one of your autosave options off (I turn off autosave on fast-travel because you fast travel a lot). The main CONS:
    The Main Questline is really short, and you won't level a whole lot from doing it (I test the story lines with fresh characters and I only got to level 11 or so from just the main questline, and after you level enough, it becomes extremely slow leveling). The Stormcloak Rebellion part of the questline is also very short (although you might get to level 14).
    The other questlines are actually moderately long and have you do different things other than kill this, report to him/her. The other questlines will actually level you quite a lot as well (and doing side-quests, although annoying, is better than the main questline for leveling). Aggro was fixed somewhat, although if you accidentally hit an NPC that isn't a companion you will get bounty, although if you accidentally hit a guard in the heat of combat it may or may not trigger assault charges. There also are a couple of quest bugs that can prevent you from completing quests, including some quest-givers that are not essential characters, so if a dragon or something slays them you are screwed, and every once and a while the dialogue won't trigger and you have to reload (I've had that happen three times in my however many days of gameplay hours).
    PROS:
    Rich story
    The actualy 100% completion of the game takes quite a long time because other questing takes longer than main quests
    There is a lot of lore, like in all Bethesda games
    Skyrim is a hell of a lot more like Morrowind, and less like Oblivion
    FPS doesn't have many problems after the series of updates
    It is almost impossible to have a totally broken character because the spell-making system was removed, and everything now has negatives (like werewolves are extremely powerful, but they won't last long in full on combat with multiple enemies).
    Dual wielding and Deadly reflex are automatically built into the game.
    There aren't any negatives to races anymore (I.E. you can actually be a High Elf Warrior, and you aren't Epic Derpsauce)
    Build your own class based on what you like (there is no longer a cookie-cutter build)
    And if you are like me and love RPG's you go out of your way to immerse yourself by studying ruins and such haha.
  69. Jun 10, 2012
    The bugs have been largely excised so do yourself a favor and buy this game!!! No RPG will be able to touch this one for a long, long time. Skyrim deliveries on every level. After several months of play, I'm still discovering new things - just like Oblivion before it.

Do it. You won't be disappointed!
  70. Jun 1, 2012
    I love this game. The music is legendary and awesome. Graphics are some of the best of this generation. You have a vast world to explore, quests to find, do and reap the rewards off. This wouldn't only be addictive. It'll take your entire life away. There is an incomprehensible amount of things to do. Not only that but there is the main storyline, which lasts for 30-40 hours. And even after that there are hundred of quests and caves to clear up.I really like the combat, however seems hit and miss at times being like oblivion when I don't feel like I have actually hit the person. third-person though, has been improved, making playing third person in skyrim actually possible, unlike oblivion. The npcs in the game have been improved. They seem more realistic and the towns have more atmosphere to them. You can do a lot of things in the main towns like crafting, enchanting and improving weapons and armour. You buy and sell items you collected on your travels and obtain quests from people in the villages. You can also buy houses for a price. There is also a new and better levelling system that makes you gain xp from using your skills(one-handed, enchanting, smithing,etc.) up to when you level up and so on. The problems I had with the game was that there were a couple of quests that are glitched out and it detracts from the experience. Plus there is the big problem of lag in the game, and it spoils the combat and experience at times. Overall, if you are interested in a medieval adventure RPG I'd recommend you'd check this out. Expand
  71. May 28, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The PS3 port is by far the worst and quite an embarrassment towards the processing power of the PS3, roughly up until February it would sometimes be unplayable due to lag .Patch 1.4 or 1.5 (sorry but I can't really remember which) did quite well on fixing this problem, although if I try to sprint in something like a cave I would get a little bit of cursor lag, but anyways the game itself... The first thing I noticed was that it slightly moved away from the RPG side and went onto a more combat based game, which was most likely to attract more people to the game, as probably in the older Elder Scrolls games it would have been a bit to complicated with the whole in depth character customisation for your average COD player. At first this slightly disappointed me as I loved the character customisation in Oblivion and Morrowind .Anyways the story was pretty good and it still has a little bit of replayabilty factor but not quite much to more RPG games like Fallout 3 and NV, the graphics wore not too spectacular in the sense of detail but it was more towards the artistic side of things, I'm well used to graphics similar to Skyim's but I am still quite blown away by some of the sights in Skyrim. Overall one of the best games I've played, but it would be nice if I could easily play it without the worry of lag. Expand
  72. May 27, 2012
    Skyrim is the best game I have ever played. But it got a 9/10 because of the vast number of glitches, bugs and missing textures at certain points in the game.
  73. May 25, 2012
    I will not stand as the people **** talks skyrim! This is the best game i'v played. Believe me or not but this game turned me from a hater of skyrim to a lover of skyrim. I think people expect too much of skyrim. The game disinters did what they could.
  74. May 13, 2012
    This is hands down the best game I have ever played. The level of customization is absolutely astonishing, the world of Skyrim is unbelievably gorgeous and all of the bugs have been fixed since the last patch. Every now and again some thing will happen that makes no sense (my character was almost killed when a dead dragon fell out of the sky new Windhelm) but the problems are harmless glitches now, that don't require you to reset the whole system. If you're the cautious gamer that has waited this long before buying it, now is the time. This game is a triumph. Expand
  75. May 12, 2012
    When i looked at other user reviews on Skyrim, i couldn't believe that so many people scored 0's. It doesn't make sense Skyrim has to be the most exciting game I've ever played. The graphics and detail to the game are unbelievable, there stunning. So readers don't listen to the people who think skyrim breaks all the time and gets boring because there just moaners who don't actually give this game a chance. Overall the best game i have ever played!!!!! Expand
  76. May 9, 2012
    Isn't it about time everybody change their reviews? Since most of the problems have been patched. You've probably read/watched plenty of reviews already so I can't really tell you anything you haven't heard. I can tell you that most of it's true, you will not want to stop playing this. There is one compliant I have and that is your partners can die, I know in terms of gameplay this makes sense but it makes me not want to bring them along so I have to take care of them. Expand
  77. May 9, 2012
    A very, very good game. Unfortunately, some also very heavy bugs brought some disappointment. Many patches helped out a lot but did not fix it to a 100% clear game.
    Nevertheless: this is one o those outstanding rpg games we will remember a long time. And it is - at last - better than Oblivion and as good as Morrowind.

But, it definitely has too much loading-screens...
  78. May 8, 2012
    I bought skyrim when it came out & have had very little problems with the game. It has it's flaws but overall it's the most fun/ cherished game I have in my ps3 collection. When the flaws greatly out weigh the good stuff in the game that's when you have problems.. Luckily I never experienced any of that.
  79. Apr 29, 2012
    I am no fanboy. All of the glitches, bugs, and lag and all of the flaws cannot keep this game down. In reality, no game flawless. Humans tend to make games with flaws, probably because they aren't perfect. This game is a masterpiece. It's the best in the series. From playing the previous games, mostly Oblivion on the Xbox 360, I have grown used to the lag and occasional freezing, but if you have the autosave feature turned on, you barely have to make up anything you have done between the most recent autosave and the time of the freezing. Simply turn off the console, and turn it back on. The cutscenes do need to improve greatly in the future, but the point of the games is gameplay. First off, you can customize your character deeply to your preferences. Up next is combat. Dual-wielding can be used for weapons and magic, adding much variety to the game, not to mention the Dragon Shouts. These make you a medieval Jedi, like Unrelenting Force, which can either make your enemies studder, or it can throw them off their feet. Also, finishing off enemies by performing finishing moves is just plain satisfying, having each weapon perform its own unique move. Plus, you can now sprint. After that, there is the Story. The dragons are a fun and new innovation in the series. The Thieves Guild, Dark Brotherhood, Mages Guild(known as the College of Winterhold) and the Fighter's Guild(known as The Companions) all return to the series to offer unique Quest lines. Finally, the graphics. Skyrim has the best graphics of the series, as it should. I know a lot of people are frustrated with all of the bugs, but looking past the bugs, this game is just great. Expand
  80. Apr 18, 2012
    i love this game. there may be a small lagging matter to attend to but its still playable. what this game really needs is some dlc that would be the sh!t. play it and mw3 nonstop no matter what any body says ill defend this game till the end!
  81. Apr 9, 2012
    NOTE: This review is written after the FPS issue of the PS3 version of Skyrim was patched.
    Huge, realistic and epic at the same time. That's what this game is. After you get out of the tutorial dungeon, you have the free will to do what you want. In every sense of the word. You are free to go where ever you want to, interact with almost everything in the world, gain reputation as a hero or
    a villain, join different factions, etc. Every NPC has his/her own scedule that they repeat every day. There are literally hundreds of places to discover, quests to complete, things to do and enemies to defeat. The AI is one of the best of this generation (although some weird things can - and will - happen). The graphics are very beautiful and you will never get tired of them. Same with the music. It's simply beautiful. The leveling system is great and hasn't anything to complain about. I'll say it now so you know it: you shouldn't buy Skyrim because of its main story. There is so much else in the game and in the end, the story's not that great compared to the other questlines. Also yo should know that this is a HUUUGE game and huge games tend to have lots of bugs. Not an exception in Skyrim. Don't worry, they're being constantly patched by Bethesda, so you won't have to suffer from them. Expand
  82. Apr 8, 2012
    I'm redoing my review now for Skyrim on ps3 after a long 6month wait for a fix from Bethesda.so now that patch 1.5 is available I decided to retry Skyrim and give it one last shot.let me start out by saying that patch 1.4 was a good patch but patch 1.5 is the better patch, since now I'm able to play with less and I do mean much less problems than before...so far I haven't had any game crashes/freezes or frame-rate drops like I did with patch 1.4 things do seem much smoother now and working better overall.however this game still needs more fixes, and the damage has been done in terms of quality.besides that i'm happy thus far with Skyrim after patch 1.5. Expand
  83. Apr 8, 2012
    New review: Skyrim is great on every platoform. I reccommend it on the PS3, expecially since some of you are dissapointed in the bugs that were patched recently. I have played this on every platform, your moneys worth guaranteed. Just make sure to keep making seperate save files if you are concerned. Pick up whatever version is on sale.
  84. Apr 7, 2012
    I refrained from playing Skyrim for a while while the problems were patched. But now as I play it, I realized I have wasted the past few months NOT PLAYING IT. It is a phenomenon, and a MetaScore as poor as 5.4 is a travesty! People, what doesn't this game give you? Huge roaming space, millions of NPCS to meet and dragons to fight. I understand the game had issues and that was unforgivable AT THE TIME. But come to your senses, and come back to Tamriel. Now with the fixed lag issues, you won't regret your stay. Expand
  85. Apr 3, 2012
    Skyrim is a difficult game to review. It has been the bearer of the single worst technical glitch that I have ever seen in a game. After I invested a large amount of time in it, the game re-payed me by becoming totally unplayable. The frame-rate dropped to a virtual standstill and the game would crash repeatedly. The result of which led Skyrim to become an unexpected dust-gatherer. But... I recently returned to Skyrim after a few months away to find the problems patched and the game actually playable again. Can I let bygones be bygones? Can I set aside all that frustration and truly accept Skyrim for what it is and not what it once was? If it wasn't one of the best RPG's of all time, the answer would be a huge NO. But it is, so maybe I can. Skyrim offers unparalleled depth and an almost infinite playtime. You can loose yourself in this world for whole days without batting an eye. It is, quite simply, one of the most immersive, brilliant games ever made. Expand
  86. Apr 2, 2012
    I've just started playing Skyrim and even though I hated Fallout 3 by the same guys, I am loving it.
    I know there are some small bugs, even in the early stages but my mate who has the 360 version has also had some problems, so it's not just the PS3.
    The graphics are excellent, the music and effects are very very good. Great locations, interesting characters and a wide range of side quests
    will keep me playing for a very long time.
    I had just finished Mass Effect 3 and decided to trade it for this, and it wasn't a mistake. I'm still discovering and have just bought my horse to get around easier.
    Even if you don't normally play RPG's you have to try this. Don't give up to early either, it's a massive game and gets better at every turn.
  87. Apr 2, 2012
    I am amazed at the negative reviews for Skyrim. God knows what people want in a game as, in my opinion, this is near perfect as a game could be. Admittedly, I did start getting a bit bored by my 300th hour but then I continued with one of the main quest lines and was blown away all over again (won't do a spoiler to explain but you'll know when you get there - if you haven't been already). I have been constantly entertained by this game and even the bugs have given me laugh out loud moments (like leaving a building and having a child fall out of the sky to start wandering down the street - or my companion continuing to follow and speak to me, even though he was lying flat on his back). It is by far the best game I have ever played and I cannot tear myself away - I have Crysis 2 sitting there waiting to be played but I just can't eject that skyrim disc to replace it with something else. Maybe I'll do it after another 20 or so hours. Thank you Bethesda for creating this incredible world that has had me mesmerised since December. Love you lots n lots! Expand
  88. Mar 25, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I don't know what you're complaining about all the time. My version (EU) isn't buggy or laggy at all.
    Sometimes, loading times are a little bit longer but there aren't any lags since the last updates.

In my opinion, this game ist one of the best of all times (especially in RPG-genre). It's my favourite game.
    The graphics are unbelievable, the story is good (not perfect at all ;))
    I love it!
  89. Mar 21, 2012
    Glitches have stunted the experience slightly but overall this is a game worth playing. It's big, beautiful and ready to steal your time. It's amazing how much it's like a real world, if this is the future than the future will be good. The patches have finally fixed the horrible lag issues and now it's actually a really great game! Well done Bethesda for "finally" fixing the issues but next time don't you DARE ever let it happen again or it will be OFF WITH YOUR HEADS! Expand
  90. Mar 20, 2012
    I know a lot of people have problems with the game, but a ZERO rating? Really? Grow up. If you want to rate the game based on the fact that it was released with bugs, ANY game of this size comes out with bugs. This title has a beautiful environment, flawless battle system, a huge array of spells, equipment, weapons, and you can level your character any way you want, giving you complete control. Also, I've had very few lag problems and have only had the game freeze on me a few times, mainly because it is data-intensive, and EVERY game that is data-intensive happens to freeze once in a while. Rating this SOLELY on the game, it is one of the greatest games I have every played, without question; a SOLID 10. Expand
  91. Mar 18, 2012
    This is one of the greatest western RPG's created yet it is held back by MANY repetive quests, obnoxious characters, and many glitches. The expanse of the world as well as its beauty make up for it. The story is lackluster but still great.
  92. Mar 14, 2012
    What the **** are all these comments about? I find the game to be great, somewhat reminiscent of LOTR, and for my first game of the series, it is really developed greatly. Most people are complaining about the lag and glitches and bugs. I found that despite a few flaws, some funny, the game was very playable and fun. You basically get an entire country to do whatever you please with, and whether you want to be good and knightly or have a bounty on your head, it's your choice. The inventory is easy to access and use, the spells fun both graphically and to use. Based on the skills menu added, it's like a Runescape meets LOTR in a world that is seen in games like Just Cause 2. The graphics were the best compared to other games i have played on my dinosaur of a TV, and Bethesda just made the world seem real by including all the little things I think most people don't appreciate. Overall, I would suggest buying this game if you are into expansive games. Expand
  93. Mar 13, 2012
    637 negative reviews + 60 mixed reviews = almost 700 people who need to BACK AWAY FROM THE BONG! LOL! Just kidding. The only thing I can think of is that the PS3 version of the game had a few serious bugs when it first came out. On my video game review, I gave this game a 9, simply because the main plot line plus the awesome side-quests MORE than made up for the bugs and glitches. When I beat the main story, I felt like I had REALLY accomplished something! Load this page into your browser if you wish to see my video review of the game: http://youtu.be/cqysFqaKzTs And you are cordially invited to visit and subscribe to my You Tube Christian gaming channel, Gaming 4 Jesus: http://www.youtube.com/Gaming4Jesus . Expand
  94. Mar 12, 2012
    I was surprised to see all the negative user reviews (especially compared to the Critic reviews) but now I understand that a lot of grievances are due to the bugs that were present in the earlier versions of the game. I only recently purchased Skyrim and therefore received patch 2.x when installing the game on my PS3. Luckily, I have been free of bugs so far (AFAIK) and also the lag is very acceptable, especially from a game that offers so much gameplay. I have been playing this for about 100 hours now and my social life has ceased to exist. The game is captivating, adventurous, incredibly addictive and filled with so many small details that you just have to admire the programmers and creative artists that worked on this. Just to give you one example without spoiling any major event: At a certain moment i felt myself in unfamiliar surrounds in the middle of the night, starving from hunger. Suddenly I saw a rabbit drinking at a well. I took out my bow (in stealth mode so as not to scare the animal away), ligned up my shot....only to see a giant wolf leap out of the bushes and eating my rabbit!.
    A wonderful game, if you are reluctant to buy it because of the bugs, be assured that the new patches have wrinkled out a lot.
  95. Mar 11, 2012
    This is my first written review, and in my enthusiasm I forgot to place my rating. I don't know how the red empty circle got there, but I really want it to be a big, green circle containing the number 10. Genius, even with a few flaws and glitches, is still genius. The imagination and absolute talent of the guys at Bethesda is staggering, to say the least.
  96. Mar 6, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. to sweaty gamers who enjoy an adventure and earning loads of trophies and like fantasy games skyrim is the one for you! it contains very good graphics with loads of different characters to choose from at the start i choose argoniun which basically is a lizard that can stand on his own two feet and walks like a crippled raptor of jurassic park. Also i choose him because he has an ability to breath under water forever and is immune to diseases. however there are some lags on the game, once i was trying to complete a quest and on the way i found a little curved wall with some weird writing on it and then i looked UP! it was a bloody dragon and my first thought was to wipe my ring because it was full of turd but then the dragon couldn't move (LAG) so i decided to fus ru dah him off the cliff into the water to feed the slaughter fish. but seriously now i think this game is the almost perfect rpg and you can spend countless hours on the game getting new weapons, new magika spells and if your lucky you can get hit by a vampire and become one of them.9/10 Expand
  97. Mar 1, 2012
    Lots of people have rated this game bad, saying that its boring and glitchy. theres a name for these people, IDIOTS. Skyrim is possibly one of the best games ever created, with a beautifully huge open world to explore. thousands of individually crafted NPCs, each with there own back story and quests to give. the game play works perfectly and can be altered to you play style. the 200 hours of play time with keep up occupied for a long time, as you level up you character depending on how you like to play. i strongly suggest that you play this game. Expand
  98. Feb 28, 2012
    this game is awesome for all those who say it isnt they have no idea what they are talking about while the main story is short everything else will take up to about 300 hours at least to complete the whole game with amazing graphics and a huge open world this is the best action rpg ever
  99. Feb 28, 2012
    Many will disagree completely with my review in terms of the score but , I'm not going to talk about the technical difficulties. TES:Skyrim could be even stated as an " update " to the already good stuff from Oblivion , graphically Skyrim manages to be superb and beautiful . The snow particles , fogs, the blizzards in the North are gorgeous . Bethesda Softworks put efforts in the combat, Oblivion's combat wasn't that satisfying or a lovable moment when you were exploring , from a Bow , magic and swords Skyrims delivers. In the story side its also the most intriguing chapter of the franchise and most interesting , that, it also made me to search for information all over the Net to know more and understand some stuff that were vague in the predecessor . Even the music is awesome , the moment you fight a dragon, you know it can't be ignored and the music pop out of the shadow. Skyrim may be bad for the PS3 , but I'm completely sure that it captures the essence of being a classic , and I'm referring to the game not a version . Expand
  100. Feb 26, 2012
    I don't know whether people are drastically over-reacting or I just got lucky (I suspect a bit of both). But I didn't have issue one with the PS3 version of this game. No significant lag. No major glitches. No freezing. Nothing. And I've logged 85 hours so far and have completed the main story line. It's worth noting that I took Bethesda's advice and turned off auto-save. So I'm sure that helped out tremendously. The only complaints, if you want to call them that, I have are the loading times and the lackluster story. Don't get me wrong, the story was decent enough. But it never really got its hooks in me where I couldn't wait to see what was going to happen next. And I can give the load times a pass considering the absolutely mammoth size of the game. Overall, this was the most fun I've had with a game in at least a couple years. I hate that so many people missed out on this truly amazing experience because of technical issues. Expand

1. This is a game full of emotions for gamers who are willing to embrace it. A beautiful fantasy land that makes loading times a thing of the past and is full of surprises. Not only do you get a lot of variety in the locations, the gameplay offers a lot of different experiences as well. [December 2011, p.66]
  2. Dec 28, 2011
    I enjoyed Skyrim and I look forward to the DLC that we know is inevitably coming. If we looked at this honestly, though, this game probably should have been pushed back a month or so for more polish. It needed it and it still does.
  3. Skyrim is a gorgeous production that truly does justice to the words "roleplaying game." It doesn't just tell us a story, it gives us the chance to tell a story of our own. At its best, that's what an interactive art form should be all about. [Jan 2011, p.73]