6.4

1. Jun 26, 2016
    This has to be one of the worst ports I've ever played. While the PC and XBOX 360 version of the game looks beautiful. The PS3 version doesn't. Blurry, low textures, audio issues, framerate dropping to 15 if there is more than 3 enemies on the screen, buggy and glitchy.

Let's start out with the textures. The textures looks worse than they do on PC's low setting. You have to get close to them in order to make them look better. Compared to the other versions this just looks like a PS2 game.

The game has tons of audio issues, from sounds not playing to them being out of sync. The PS3 can do better than this, much better.

If there are more than 3 enemies on the screen at once the framerate drops to below 15, I'm not kidding! Hell, even if there aren't any enemies on screen the game randomly drops to 0FPS (yes really) for no reason!

Like all Bethesda games the game did have a couple of bugs and glitches... on PC and XBOX 360. On the PS3 version the game was unplayable thanks to dragons flying backwards, falling though the map and much much more.

All of this could be avoided if Bethesda actually finished their games before releasing them. But I guess they ran out of time or they were to lazy so they just ignored optimizing the PS3. And charged $60 for it! The PS3 does have the power to look as good as the XBOX360 version. Oh well, let's hope it looks better on PS4.

If you're thinking of buying Skyrim, please buy it on XBOX360 or PC! Don't buy the PS3 version unless you want the game to look and play like sh*t. The game is still fun though and offers everything the other versions does (Except better graphics, audio and framerate) The game is really fun, I put more than 100 hours into it!
  2. Jun 18, 2016
    I have two standpoints on this game:
    1; My personal experiences. This is my favourite game of all time and I believe it should be hailed as the King of modern gaming.
    2; Actual fundamental gaming experience. This is how good of a game it actually is, not that it's bad, just not as good as my biased mind leads me to believe. Let's look at my point of view. TES V: Skyrim is an action-
    I have two standpoints on this game:

Let's look at my point of view.
    TES V: Skyrim is an action- role playing game set in a high fantasy world with medieval-ey technology. Skyrim, to me, is one of the greatest game sever created. It has a special place in my heart, just because of the way it does what it does. It's everyone you could want in a game. An amazing setting, good story and quests, great combat and most of all the ability to create an atmosphere. I think that this is one of the most important things a game can do, and Skyrim does it perfectly. It sets atmospheres for creepy caves, majestic castles, frozen tundras, bustling towns and dank crypts.

Now, the technical aspect. This is where the game falls to an 8. Yes, the game is glitchy. Yes, it is sometimes laggy (not for me). All the other reviews that say it is unplayable are false. It is definitely playable and definitely worth your money. There are lots of glitches that sometimes lock you out of quests, but they are rarely unsolvable. The physics are quite broken at times, too. From my experience the AI is quite intelligent and not that glitchy. The combat is fluent and works flawlessly so I see no problem there.

Here's the thing: what I wrote above is good in a way. It gives the game character. The most perfect games in history are some of the most infamously broken. Heck, look at Super Mario 64. You should NEVER expect to buy and play a Bethesda game without getting a chuckle when a spatula starts dancing or cheese flies of its plate. The same is true for Fallout 3 and 4. One of the reason these games are great is because they're not perfect.

Summary:
    Pros:
    Fun gameplay
    Lots of quests
    Immersive story
    Great environments
    Cons:
    Glitchy as heck
    Graphics could be better
    No mod support on console

Overall rating: 8/10
    Hey, that's mildly adequate
  3. Apr 21, 2016
    Es uno de los mejores juegos que he jugado en mi vida, aunque en la versión de PS3 tiene fallos de FPS en los exteriores, pero no por eso le hace un mal juego, obviamente hoy en día gráficamente se queda corto, pero en cuanto a contenido y ambientación es lo mejor que hay en PS3 (Según mi punto de visto de lo que yo he podido jugar) Cuando no estas matando un dragón, estas picando piedraEs uno de los mejores juegos que he jugado en mi vida, aunque en la versión de PS3 tiene fallos de FPS en los exteriores, pero no por eso le hace un mal juego, obviamente hoy en día gráficamente se queda corto, pero en cuanto a contenido y ambientación es lo mejor que hay en PS3 (Según mi punto de visto de lo que yo he podido jugar) Cuando no estas matando un dragón, estas picando piedra o minerales, un día estas casándote y el otro
    construyendo tu casa, yo creo que es de los pocos juegos que menos me a aburrido en estos últimos años, yo lo recomiendo, pero lo recomiendo con los DLCs, si puedes comprar la versión legendaria mejor, un saludo.
  4. Apr 19, 2016
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Dream Yol Lok, future dovahkiin!
    This game is not at all what the haters say it is. Even now, in 2016, the graphics hold up as some of the best (even, in my opinion, able to be held up to the standard of GTA V) and it provides a vast land that is completely yours to discover and explore. Become thane of all the holds, steal large, priceless gems from the snow elves or even become an assassin. You have many races and options to choose from; the amount of customization is mind boggling and without even realizing it you'll put hundreds of hours into this beautifully made game.

That said..
    This game Does have its issues. Does it freeze? Sure, sometimes. Are some quests a little buggy? Yep. Will there be any lag? Well, duh! In a game as big and expansive as this, you can't honestly expect a 5 star, absolutely flawless experience. There's going to be a few bumps in the road, like it or not. But when taking in the Huge scale of the game, suddenly those bumps seem much smaller.

Personally, I play on the Xbox 360, if only because my brother broke my PlayStation. However, the majority of my friends and such whom use the PlayStation all say the same as myself; despite its flaws, skyrim still stands proud, and ifs head held high eight years later as a classic example of genius put to work.

Now, enough singing the games praise to the high heavens.

In all seriousness, this game does have issues. Dragons flying oddly, dead people showing up to your wedding, an annoying argonian who won't leave his cave (curse you derkeethus!), and so many more. But look at games today; the big title grand theft auto five for example. It has it's fair share of bugs and glitches, both big and small, yet people still love it for its unique story and fun characters. For those of us who can see past Skyrims faults, both obvious and subtle, I commend you, for you are among the best.

So to all of those who love this game, despite its faults, and to all of those who are looking for a game to love; welcome, to Tamriel.
  5. Apr 18, 2016
    The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim is an almost flawless game, with an intriguing story, brilliant graphics and, best of all, an expansive, fun-to-explore open world.
  6. Apr 18, 2016
    It was broken at launch. Bethesda fixed almost everything but the framerate.

What's that? Oh, I'm being told my review has to be 150 characters long.
  7. Mar 29, 2016
    this game gives you a lot of bang for your buck. there is so much content here that you could spend hundreds of hours playing and still have lots to discover. unfortunately you may end up finding yourself getting board before you get to that point. overall I love these kinds of games that Bethesda has been giving us along with fallout. an enormous beautiful world that you can just losethis game gives you a lot of bang for your buck. there is so much content here that you could spend hundreds of hours playing and still have lots to discover. unfortunately you may end up finding yourself getting board before you get to that point. overall I love these kinds of games that Bethesda has been giving us along with fallout. an enormous beautiful world that you can just lose yourself in, hundreds of quest that expand upon the lore of the world and make it feel real. these are things many gamers crave but few games can satisfy. Its extremely accessible do to its simplistic but deep leveling system and first person view that makes it more appealing than traditional RPG's. but unfortunately the biggest strength of this game is also its biggest flaw. there is so much to do in this world but very little of it feels meaningful. A big reason for this is the lack of character motivation. without spoiling anything, the story evolves around you being someone very special and destined to fulfill somewhat of a prophecy, but the character has no emotional value attached to this quest, making the main quest feel just as much as a side quest as any other. There are some really cool quests in the game but there are just as many boring ones that you will find your self doing simply to gain experience. I'm not saying the story is bad, its definitely engaging enough, but the lack of an emotional connection to it can cause you to question why you are even playing when you are in the middle of a boring quest. combat isn't anything special, and will feel dull in later hours of the game, but a good thing about it is that it gives you a clear idea of what your limitations are based on your level. for example, you know if early on in the game if you see a giant, that you definitely don't want to mess with it, but will be something that you can take on eventually, and probably have a good idea of how high of a level you'll need to be to do it. Even though I found the game to get dull after about 40 hours, many other people may not have the same problem and be engaged the whole time because of the beauty of the world, and is overall a pretty great game, and I understand why it was such an enormous hit, but I don't believe it to be as great of a game as people once thought now that it has been out for a while, but still a game I think is definitely worth your money, due to the amount of content you get out of it, and would say I definitely really liked it despite finding myself having to really push through the times I got bored. Expand
  8. Feb 25, 2016
    Excelent game but the lag (partially fixed in the las patch, The game needs more RAM but PS3 only has 256mb). I would recommend to buy it for PC because is not olny cheaper but also boast to have great performance and support from the fans. On the other hand, the game is awesome, I have spent more than 100 hours. It is worth.
  9. Feb 24, 2016
    This game is always so fun, and the endless quests makes the fun last a very long time. I end up playing this game for multiple hours. It is addicting. Also I love the graphics.
  10. Feb 21, 2016
    I really loved Skyrim on my PS3 yeah it had some problems for some people but i think in my caste at least it was not that bad i'm lucky i was one of the rare cases but overall it is one of the best rpgs even made.. no it is the best rpg ever made.
  11. Feb 16, 2016
    Don't have much to say about Skyrim, just that it's one of the best games ever made. There's endless hours of fun so don't worry about getting bored or anything, there's always something to do.

It's just that in PS3 the game doesn't run as good as in PC. I myself have encountered very few lag moments or rendering issues, but I've seen problems with many other players. The game it's a

The game it's a 10/10 for the PC version, so try to get that one instead (if you have a good PC). In the other hand, this one's not a bad purchase. Just cross your fingers so you get an enjoyable experience from the PS3 port.
  12. Dec 30, 2015
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Boring story line. Boring and repetitive quests. I absolutely HATE the combat! You go to swing and you slide/float in the opposite direction. Just slow and clunky. Too many bugs. Same voice acting for just about every NPC. (Did they only hire 2 people for voice acting???) Repetitive phrases though out the world. Everything is grey and dark. The snow gets old pretty damn quick! (Also, turn the in game gamma all the way up or you can't see **** The world has NO character. Every city looks about the same. Your created character, no matter what you do, is ugly. The world doesn't grow with you. Upon killing the final dragon, everyone still continues to treat you like you just arrived, don't know who you are and like crap. Constant load screens!!! UGH! The damn loading screens! Entering a house (loading screen), go through another door (loading screen). You spend half the game waiting for loading screens and you better hope that it doesn't freeze up in the process. I could go on and on about why this same sucks so bad. This game just blows! I don't know how many hours I have put into this game, only to complain about how much is angers me. Don't waste your time on this piece of crap. Go out and buy Dragon Age: Inquisition. IMPO, it is everything that Skyrim should have been. Expand
  13. Dec 24, 2015
    Played this game for almost 500 hours.

Mods gallor and constant player content make this game a true timeless masterpiece.

Will play it for years to come. Great game and great developer.
  14. Dec 3, 2015
    BEST GAME EVER!!!!
    definitely worth buying like literally my game of the decade!!!!! their is soooooo much to do and the leveling up is a lot of fun, you can buy a house, horse, adopt children, marry someone, get a pet dog, become a vampire, or werewolf, and all the shouts are effing awesome, There is not much negative i have to say about this game, go buy it now!!!!
  15. Nov 30, 2015
    I really love this game. It runs quite well on the PS3 and it is really great quality. I like how you can decide what you want to say to people. It definitely keeps you busy with a variety of objectives and quests. However, the game isn't so long that you lose interest in it. I highly recommend this game!
  16. Nov 21, 2015
    This game is a gem and ofcourse I'm reviewing it now but you've just gotta play it mate and this game is one of the only reasons I still have my PS3. After unlocking every achievement and playing most of what the game has got to offer I have to say... Skyrim is the greatest game I've played in my life. Hats of to you Bethesda. If you have not played this... You're one lucky gezzer. Buy it.This game is a gem and ofcourse I'm reviewing it now but you've just gotta play it mate and this game is one of the only reasons I still have my PS3. After unlocking every achievement and playing most of what the game has got to offer I have to say... Skyrim is the greatest game I've played in my life. Hats of to you Bethesda. If you have not played this... You're one lucky gezzer. Buy it. Play it. Have fun. Expand
  17. Nov 18, 2015
    Out of all the hours I have played Skyrim, I have had only one real game-breaking bug which was when I lost my companion, Lydia. I could never find her and couldn't get her replaced. But other than that, the gameplay is fantastic. Really addicting.
  18. Nov 16, 2015
    Todos já falaram do problema de travamento deste lixo no PS3, mas vou restringir meus comentários aos gráficos ultrapassados deste jogo.

Logo no início da configuração da aparência você tem a impressão de que não foi utilizado sequer um sistema de captura de movimentos, bem comum hoje em dia, e isso se confirma no início do jogo, com personagens robóticos e animais (vide aquele urso bizarro na caverna) como movimentação típica de PS1, não digo nem de PS2, que foram produzidos jogos com movimentação de personagens bem mais elaborada do que este aqui.

Pior do que deficiência técnica, que é nitidamente visível que a Bethesda possui, houve descaso no desenvolvimento deste jogo. Como exemplo, cito a visão em terceira pessoa do personagem, em que você vira a câmera e quando anda, não foram nem capazes de desenhar um movimento de transição do personagem, ele simplesmente aparece andando na outra direção. Muito ridículo isso para um jogo de PS3. É uma falha inaceitável.

Outra falha é que não há qualquer interação do personagem com o cenário, ou seja, as roupas não sujam nem molham, você não vê respingo de água, nem folhagens balançando quando o personagem anda. Ele apenas flutua pelo cenário mal feito.

Eu sei que vão dizer: "mas o forte do jogo é a imersão..." Que imersão, se nada presente no jogo procura obedecer o mínimo das leis da física? Por mais básica que seja. Acho que tem que ser muito retardado para se sentir imerso em um jogo assim, sem contar a infinidade de bugs, como um mamute que caiu do céu parecendo uma fruta podre e se esborrachou no chão, entre outras bizarrices típicas de um jogo feito por amadores.

Enfim, mais uma vez digo que avaliações altas são realizadas por sites parciais que são pagos para avaliar bem jogos ruins. E nem pela falta de RPGs decentes no ps3 vale a pena jogar este lixo aqui.
  19. Nov 15, 2015
    This game is amazing but the port isn't so amazing. The game plays well but there can be many frame rate drops, long loading screens, strange glitches, texture problems etc. If you are considering getting Skyrim then make sure you get the legendary edition and if you have a powerful PC then consider getting it on PC because it can handle the game much better.
  20. Nov 12, 2015
    After playing 5 different save files to more than 500 hours combined, obtaining all the trophies and playing all DLCs, I can say that Skyrim is well deserving of a 5/5, 100% A+ score as it's positives completely out weigh the little you can pick to pieces about it.

If you read any review please bear in mind that people recognise Skyrim has some major positives, they also note the loading time or in their opinion it is not finished. To you I say that this game is no way deserving of such a low score and I am shocked by the amount of Negative scores. It seems some people punish the game because of their own systems or by coping off other websites 'reasons to dislike Skyrim.'

My review of the game is that the world is massive, the seemingly endless locations differ vastly and each city will provide it's individual quirks. The foes are completely different from one another and different gameplays; magic, hand to hand combat, ranged or dragon shouts give the game seemingly endless playability. The story and all is side stories are amazingly deep and differ from one another. And each DLC adds more and more volume to an already vast game and all it's content. On a final note the perk system is very well thought up and provide a range of upgrades to choose from each time you level up.

If you like Fallout or Red Dead Redemption (other games I've played) then give Skyrim a bash.
  21. Nov 8, 2015
    This is probably one of the best games ever, although it is not perfect in any way.
    Graphics are beautiful compared to the prequel Oblivion, an animations just got a lot better, making gameplay a lot better. Although that, gameplay could be still better, its still someway floaty
    World in Skyrim is BEAUTIFUL, and random encounters make up for pretty memorable experiences, like the one i had with the encounter of a giant and a dragon. Magic is also really fine, and sidequest are like... infinite.
    There are a lot of secrets, too.
    The only real flaw i found to this date is de horse riding, really laggy and buggy
    There are also long loading times in PS3 version, and some frame rate issues with crashing.
    So.. i give this PS3 version a 9 out of 10, anyway this is an incredible game
  22. Oct 31, 2015
    Great game and spent many many hours on it. Re-play value is extremely good as well. I have purchased the game 2-3 months after release so i missed the bugs. I do advise everyone buying games from bethesda to do so as this is generally the problem. After bugs are sorted they create amazing games. I cannot fault Skyrim on anything really. Storyline, graphics (at that time), options,Great game and spent many many hours on it. Re-play value is extremely good as well. I have purchased the game 2-3 months after release so i missed the bugs. I do advise everyone buying games from bethesda to do so as this is generally the problem. After bugs are sorted they create amazing games. I cannot fault Skyrim on anything really. Storyline, graphics (at that time), options, choices, etc all 10/10 Expand
  23. Oct 28, 2015
    This game is simply outstanding, it has such a huge, extensive and living world that is a pleasure to be in, and every time you go out into the world you will find something you have never seen before and will have a great time every time you play this game, and will put hours and hours and hours into this game, and will love every second of it.
  24. Sep 4, 2015
    Probably the most overrated game in video game history...Skyrim redefines the word "SHALLOW" when it comes to video games and puts a new light on "Integrity" of our dear, bribed and conditionally blind professional "journalists".
    Poor main story, unimaginative to the bone, poorly presented, poorly executed, poorly paced, and like with all Bethesda games, with 0% characterization or any noticeable impact on the world.
    Horrible fetch X/kill Y side quests, repeated endlessly in a loop that comprise at least 75% of the game's "content"...there is no story here, no tangible reward, no unique dialogue or lore to discover, just mindless, generic grind.
    World is a theme park of dungeons, bandit camps and filled with babbling idiots who repeat the same inane nonsense on a loop...there is no sense of cohesion or place, no gripping atmosphere...it feels more like a Lego Box with toys stuffed into it to make it seem "full", rather than something designed with underlining vision behind it. Everything is copy pasted over another and by this I mean EVERYTHING...characters, dialogue, environment, music, quests...the game feels soulless to the core and more based on endlessly repeating algorythm, rather than handcrafted work of art with attention to detail and expressive characters/quests/environments. Skin deep is all you're getting out of Skyrim.
    Not a single line of engaging dialogue...Skyrim not even once made me laugh or cry or provoke emotional reaction of any kind. To put it bluntly: Skyrim is a game where you can get drunk with a God of Debauchery and STILL find yourself bored to death. Even Robots have more passion and creativity than people from Bethesda, when it comes to writing.
    Completely shallow rpg mechanics, dumbed down to the core, offering very little sense of character progression. Unbalanced and clumsy game play to the extreme, all basic combat mechanics are poor: hit reactions, animations, camera, combat sounds, AI, no dodge, no lock-on system. All crafting skills, spells, stealth: game breaking. Majority of perks are useless and nothing more than passives. Just spam your attacks like a brainless idiot ...that's the whole "strategy".
    Hillarious marriage "system"...embarassing to anyone who ever got laid, or even had any kind of contact with the opposite sex.
    Poor voice acting, small number of voice actors and except for a main theme song, completely uninspired sound track. Very basic sound design that even makes forests feel completely lifeless.
    Worst puzzle design of all time, practically designed to mock player's intelligence.
    Poor horse riding, absence of any good mini games.
    Freedom to do whatever you want!...Hah! More like play around in artificially level scaled Lego Box without a focused, engaging main storyline and filled with "quests" and "characters" completely disconnected from one another. Nothing you do ever has any kind of impact on ANYTHING.
    Ton of bugs, issues, crashes, glitches...Bethesda never lets you down.
    Comically bad user interface.
    No cinematics or cutscenes of any kind.
    Very limited interaction with the environment...only direction movement and jump/levitate when glitched...no climbing the ladders or jumping over ledges or anything similar.
    Very shallow "replayability"...how many lines did my Redguard have with other npc's regarding his background. Two. How many on my end? None.
    Only cosmetic and very minor gameplay changes that in the end affect "nothing".
    Freedom to be whovever you want! Hah!...No matter what skills you grind, your race is, who your "spouse" is, where your house is or whether you pick Imperials or Stormcloaks...everyone ends up in the end with the same generic MMO drone, that doesn't have even a single, discernable personality trait. Just like in the intro, where player has no dialogue options or shows any reaction even to the unfortunate situation that his HEAD is about to be CHOPPED OFF .
    In the end, I can say I played my share of good games, bad games, great games and anything in between. But there is no game that managed to leave the same impression such as Skyrim when finishing it after more than 150 hours...ABSOLUTELY NOTHING.
    And that's exactly the score I'm giving it.
  25. Sep 1, 2015
    This game is one of my personal favorite games off all time! Except for the minor glitches on the PlayStation edition of the game this game is still worth your money ! First off all, hours of game play too immerse you too the stage where you notice it's 4 in the morning, and you need too sleep but you can't because you still haven't found the thu'um that you need too be the ultimate dragonThis game is one of my personal favorite games off all time! Except for the minor glitches on the PlayStation edition of the game this game is still worth your money ! First off all, hours of game play too immerse you too the stage where you notice it's 4 in the morning, and you need too sleep but you can't because you still haven't found the thu'um that you need too be the ultimate dragon born! or you need too complete a side quest, or a campaign quest were you will get amazing rewards worthy of the noble adventurer! AND THE SIDE QUESTS AREN'T HARD TOO FIND, there are millions too a stage where you will possibly never complete them all, and they're all amazing every single one of them! It's fun, it's massively open world and it's got hundreds of hours of amazing game play. This game is a great installment too the elder scrolls franchise! hope this review helped c: . Expand
  26. Jul 13, 2015
    Demasiado disperso, demasiado grande, demasiadas cosas para hacer, yo particularmente preferiría algo más concreto e intenso...
    Por lo demás. un videojuego con un trabajo increíble detrás, pero aunque es mejor tecnicamente que oblivion, me ha parecido más falto de inspiración, y aburrido, como si hubiera un cierto cansancio por parte de los creadores....
  27. Jul 4, 2015
    Skyrim is the best game in the Elder Scrolls series, and I would not hesitate to call it the best PS3 game released. Its replay value is unrivaled and your gameplay/character options are limitless. A lot of the negative reviews on here are to do with bugs and lagging due to the sheer size of the game, but with patches that have since come out I have found this to only be a minor problemSkyrim is the best game in the Elder Scrolls series, and I would not hesitate to call it the best PS3 game released. Its replay value is unrivaled and your gameplay/character options are limitless. A lot of the negative reviews on here are to do with bugs and lagging due to the sheer size of the game, but with patches that have since come out I have found this to only be a minor problem that does not hinder my enjoyment of the game. I have logged 120+ hours on each of my 4 characters in the 4 years I've had the game and have had to restart the system due to freezing less than 30 times, with the most common error being a never-ending loading screen. Most of my lagging glitches came with the Dawnguard add-on, with the outer-Riften area being very slow, however it was not that much of a bother. With Hearthfire I only experienced minor steward and container glitches but still was able to thoroughly enjoy it. I would recommend this game as a must-play for any gamer, and cannot wait for Elder Scrolls VI. Expand
  28. Jun 29, 2015
    Skyrim is an immersive epic. It's graphics and sound are great. The combat is always changing and can be played in so many ways. It's world feels gigantic yet memorable. You will spend so much time in skyrim, helping random people or taking on fearsome monsters. It is let down by bugs and AI issues but you will enjoy your time in skyrim. The loading times may be long, but even they can'tSkyrim is an immersive epic. It's graphics and sound are great. The combat is always changing and can be played in so many ways. It's world feels gigantic yet memorable. You will spend so much time in skyrim, helping random people or taking on fearsome monsters. It is let down by bugs and AI issues but you will enjoy your time in skyrim. The loading times may be long, but even they can't put you off such an amazing game. Expand
  29. Jun 24, 2015
    In the old times, it sucked because you could hardly play and it would lag a lot and it would crash. Skyrim was useless on PS3. It was still fine and worth it on Xbox360 and PC. Now Skyrim is also worth buying this game on the PS3. It is the best game ever. Its even the Greatest Hits. Its definitely a "Must Play" game. It also has very good reviews Like 10/10, 9.5/10, 9/10, 5/5, 4.5/5,In the old times, it sucked because you could hardly play and it would lag a lot and it would crash. Skyrim was useless on PS3. It was still fine and worth it on Xbox360 and PC. Now Skyrim is also worth buying this game on the PS3. It is the best game ever. Its even the Greatest Hits. Its definitely a "Must Play" game. It also has very good reviews Like 10/10, 9.5/10, 9/10, 5/5, 4.5/5, to me its definitely a 10/10, it earns a very good score. it also won over 200 GOTY awards and its also a GOTY on 2011, its also the best game of all time. If you haven't played. You got to do it now. Its those games you MUST play before you die. Its a 400 hours game. Its amazing. Its fantastic. The problem is it still does lags a little bit but not so much as the old days, and plus it doesn't crash anymore. They fix the PS3 version so you could play as much as you want. Its one of those fighting, RPG, and kind of like fantasy, medieval, and Viking times. Its really good. You should play this game NOW. Expand
  30. Jun 20, 2015
    Skyrim is one of those games that you hear so much about you MUST try it for yourself. So i did. And for the most part i was very pleased there is SOOOOOOOOOO much to do. The world is larger than pretty much any game i have ever played and i mean that quite literally. Filled with side quests there is probably hundreds of side quests and i'm not exaggerating that either. Also probably theSkyrim is one of those games that you hear so much about you MUST try it for yourself. So i did. And for the most part i was very pleased there is SOOOOOOOOOO much to do. The world is larger than pretty much any game i have ever played and i mean that quite literally. Filled with side quests there is probably hundreds of side quests and i'm not exaggerating that either. Also probably the best thing about this game the sound track it is absolutely beautiful the song of the dragonborn is epic and the songs you hear while traveling are peaceful and calming. However this game that so many people claim to be perfect is NOT perfect particularly for the ps3 version.

The main problem i have with this game is the combat now i have heard many many excuses for the combat system such as i don't get it or i just don't like it because it is different but there is no justification for the lazy combat system in this game now it isn't a bad combat system however it is boring just a simple spam the attack button or hold the attack button it is lazy and feels like you are accomplishing nothing when you attack the sound effects are bland as well. That doesn't mean the voice acting and everything else is bad in fact the voice acting is some of the best i have ever seen in a game. I also give props to the dragon sound effects very well done.

Another very large issue i had was that no matter what you do none of the npcs will act differently i have killed dragons in some of the larges cities in the entire game and no one will respond or even a cheap little thanks to my heroic actions. In fact the most response i get is an attack from the guards if i steal or kill a chicken.(yes that does happen)

The side quests are a tad pointless. Besides the Thieves guild and the Dark Brotherhood quests the side missions are for the most part boring besides a few daedric missions but besides that it is rather pointless things like fetch some gems for a jeweler or get some frost wraith teeth for an old lady.

The big issue is for the ps3 version itself first time playing this game i had to reinstall because large parts of the map didn't load don't like having to do that ever i have even heard from others that the lag becomes to horrible that you can't even play the game.

Overall i really really liked skyrim but it does have problems and they cannot be ignored but i still managed to get over 50 hours of fun out of this game.

1. Official PlayStation Magazine Benelux
    Jan 2, 2012
    This is a game full of emotions for gamers who are willing to embrace it. A beautiful fantasy land that makes loading times a thing of the past and is full of surprises. Not only do you get a lot of variety in the locations, the gameplay offers a lot of different experiences as well. [December 2011, p.66]
  2. Dec 28, 2011
    I enjoyed Skyrim and I look forward to the DLC that we know is inevitably coming. If we looked at this honestly, though, this game probably should have been pushed back a month or so for more polish. It needed it and it still does.
  3. Playstation: The Official Magazine (US)
    Dec 17, 2011
    Skyrim is a gorgeous production that truly does justice to the words "roleplaying game." It doesn't just tell us a story, it gives us the chance to tell a story of our own. At its best, that's what an interactive art form should be all about. [Jan 2011, p.73]