6.3

1. Apr 3, 2012
    Skyrim is a difficult game to review. It has been the bearer of the single worst technical glitch that I have ever seen in a game. After I invested a large amount of time in it, the game re-payed me by becoming totally unplayable. The frame-rate dropped to a virtual standstill and the game would crash repeatedly. The result of which led Skyrim to become an unexpected dust-gatherer. But...Skyrim is a difficult game to review. It has been the bearer of the single worst technical glitch that I have ever seen in a game. After I invested a large amount of time in it, the game re-payed me by becoming totally unplayable. The frame-rate dropped to a virtual standstill and the game would crash repeatedly. The result of which led Skyrim to become an unexpected dust-gatherer. But... I recently returned to Skyrim after a few months away to find the problems patched and the game actually playable again. Can I let bygones be bygones? Can I set aside all that frustration and truly accept Skyrim for what it is and not what it once was? If it wasn't one of the best RPG's of all time, the answer would be a huge NO. But it is, so maybe I can. Skyrim offers unparalleled depth and an almost infinite playtime. You can loose yourself in this world for whole days without batting an eye. It is, quite simply, one of the most immersive, brilliant games ever made. Expand
  2. Dec 11, 2011
    after almost 6 years we finally get the next elder scrolls game and after much hype does it live uo to what i had hoped it would be? for the most part yes the game looks amazing in the graphics department , there is a ungodly amount of stuff to do , the game now feels more of a challange unlike oblivion did , fighting dragons is awsome the charcter models look great unlike oblivions andafter almost 6 years we finally get the next elder scrolls game and after much hype does it live uo to what i had hoped it would be? for the most part yes the game looks amazing in the graphics department , there is a ungodly amount of stuff to do , the game now feels more of a challange unlike oblivion did , fighting dragons is awsome the charcter models look great unlike oblivions and the creat a charicter has been streamlined . the game has a new level up system which is simaler to the old elder scrolls games but is differnt and took it awhile to grow on me as you no longer have a set of prefered skills that level you up faster. the games story isnt bad but like most ES games it doesnt stand out as most people just get sucked into all the extra stuff there is to do. there has been alot of raging on the games frame rate slowing down to near unplayable levels and ive had a friend tell me the same others have as well. i my self have over 120 hours into the game did pretty much almost every thing there is to do and have only encountered that slow down a few times and only lasted 1-2 minuites and went away so i cant complain about it personally.. but i can understand people raging against this game over it if they have gotten it alot. other then that one of my gripes is you still can not fly... well why the hell not? i miss that from morrowind. also the load times are abit long and i would think with the install to the ps3 you could speed that up alot more. over all i loved skyrim i put a 120 hours into it and had alot of fun and the game had me hooked from the first hour to the last. Expand
  3. Feb 28, 2012
    Many will disagree completely with my review in terms of the score but , I'm not going to talk about the technical difficulties. TES:Skyrim could be even stated as an " update " to the already good stuff from Oblivion , graphically Skyrim manages to be superb and beautiful . The snow particles , fogs, the blizzards in the North are gorgeous . Bethesda Softworks put efforts in the combat,Many will disagree completely with my review in terms of the score but , I'm not going to talk about the technical difficulties. TES:Skyrim could be even stated as an " update " to the already good stuff from Oblivion , graphically Skyrim manages to be superb and beautiful . The snow particles , fogs, the blizzards in the North are gorgeous . Bethesda Softworks put efforts in the combat, Oblivion's combat wasn't that satisfying or a lovable moment when you were exploring , from a Bow , magic and swords Skyrims delivers. In the story side its also the most intriguing chapter of the franchise and most interesting , that, it also made me to search for information all over the Net to know more and understand some stuff that were vague in the predecessor . Even the music is awesome , the moment you fight a dragon, you know it can't be ignored and the music pop out of the shadow. Skyrim may be bad for the PS3 , but I'm completely sure that it captures the essence of being a classic , and I'm referring to the game not a version . Expand
  4. Apr 29, 2013
    Skyrim leaves the lasting impression that it truly will be a game that doesn’t end, a never ending story if you will, and it creates the sort of vibrant world that you know will continue to exist even after you have decided to no longer take part in its wondrous offerings of freedom and fantasy.
    The most surreal thing about playing such an expansive and sprawling world is the fact that while playing it, I truly wanted to get lost in this realm of Tamriel, whether it was pacing through the snow in Winterhold or standing atop the waterfall-laden city of Markarth, there is such an endless amount of sight-seeing and exploration to be had in this game before you even consider the stories being told.
    Without delving too much into the main quest, simply because there are that many side missions and stories that it seems unfair to dwell, your character is in fact a Dragonborn, and of course dragons seem to have returned to Skyrim for unknown reasons, and you are tasked with finding out the nature of their visit, but also try and heal relations between The Imperials and the Stormcloak rebellion. But of course our own Dragonborn must deal with everything else that he is being tasked with around this fast land.
    Whether you are learning a ‘Dragon Shout” or simply taking out your sword for close combat, the opportunities are endless as to what can be achieved in the remarkable game.
    As our hero is tasked with these shouts, which enable him to reach into the very soul of the dragons and basically use their powers, clear the sky of a storm, create a thunderstorm, breathe fire or even call a fallen soldier to your aid, these are all options, and that is only shouts, not magic. Magic can be used through Ice, Lightning or even Fire, whether your’e simply wanting to inflame a wolf who is giving you grief or go to extreme lengths and try to take down a dragon, the supernatural means are all on offer.
    The customisation of your character is indeed endless, after picking from a vast array of races, you can begin upgrading your character with anything you can get your hands on.
    Walk around in a simple rag if you want to, or why not join the Thieves Guild, work your way up and possess the fantastic Nightingale armour, or even steal the clothing from an Imperial guard, along with his gold, a key to his chest or even a house.
    But why stop there? Why not buy your very own property? Kit it out with whatever is on offer and even store all your baggage that you don’t want to sell or get rid of but simply cannot carry it anymore. The game truly offers another life for you to take control of and do as you see fit.
    But of course a game this vast and sprawling doesn’t come without its own baggage, and unfortunately this fifth entry into the Elder Scrolls universe is not without its problems. In terms of gameplay, the movement itself of NPCs and yourself still aren’t on par with games of the same generation, and the combat is in the most sincere way, woeful. Bethesda still cannot seem to incorporate a workable and enjoyable style of hand to hand combat without it looking tired and annoying, shields and swords are heavily upgradeable, but I found myself managing to come into possession of a wonderful sword, but equipping it to one hand with a fireball spell on the other, the motion of fighting is still very dark-age looking and should be given more time to improve upon. The game does also come with gltiches a plenty, and while some are just plain hilarious (getting thrown 100 feet in the air simply by falling from my horse) most are frustrating to the point of having to restart the console or last save game.
    But these little inklings aside, Skyrim itself is just bursting with untainted beauty. Staring out at the glaciers in the distance, sure just go for a walk to them and bathe in the environment around you, there is the best chance that you will encounter a side mission that just might sound interesting, retrieve a book from a derelict cave or go and do the bidding of a god. When this much detail goes into a game, it would just be insulting not to give it a try, with epic needing to be used in every sentence about this wonderful fantasy, it truly is one of the best games to ever grace a console, and will be enough to keep many occupied for a long time to come.
  5. Dec 31, 2011
    Yes I was one of those people who got hit by the horrible crippling lag that comes with playing this game for a great length of time. It's truly sad because this game would easily be the game of the year if those bugs weren't in the game but I truly believe you need to take something like this into account when you make a decision like that. I actually traded this version in for the 360Yes I was one of those people who got hit by the horrible crippling lag that comes with playing this game for a great length of time. It's truly sad because this game would easily be the game of the year if those bugs weren't in the game but I truly believe you need to take something like this into account when you make a decision like that. I actually traded this version in for the 360 one because I wanted to get the full experience out this game and not have to pick and choose what I want to do before the game's crippling lag keeps me from continuing. So a word of advice for anyone planning to buy this game: DO NOT BUY IT ON THE PS3!!!! If I can convey anything to anyone with this review it would be that. Stay very far away from this version and get another one. You won't regret it. Expand
  6. Dec 2, 2013
    A staggering wealth of content that never overwhelms, since you're led by the gentle hands of all the wonderful quests. I must have played Skyrim for 50 hours now, and never once did I want it to 'end soon'.. the ending of the main quests left me in awe. The mystery drew me in from the first minutes and remains there as I have yet to discover several larger locations including majorA staggering wealth of content that never overwhelms, since you're led by the gentle hands of all the wonderful quests. I must have played Skyrim for 50 hours now, and never once did I want it to 'end soon'.. the ending of the main quests left me in awe. The mystery drew me in from the first minutes and remains there as I have yet to discover several larger locations including major cities. This game is an incredible artistical achievement, and you'll be in the hero's shoes, living it for a while. I cannot in any way give less than 9/10 to such a beautiful night sky. To all those characters and places, stories and adventures. But I can't give a perfect 10 either, as the puzzles get reused a lot throughout the game, and there were several consistency errors to break the immersion (sleeping for 10 hours in-game to find everyone doing the exact thing they were doing as you went to bed... instruments appearing and disappearing out of the blue, a quite early 'skill ceiling' where you feel you don't get empowered so much anymore etc). But I simply can't give less than 9 to that virtual magic. Expand
  7. Dec 30, 2011
    I played this game before the patch and then stopped for a while; then I found out the 6mb bug, loaded the patch, and played it again, so I'll say from the beginning that I had no major bug issues when playing this game. But to be fair, The elder scrolls series and fallout3 were somehow buggy all the time, but this is just personal. Now, what do we say about this? After playing it forI played this game before the patch and then stopped for a while; then I found out the 6mb bug, loaded the patch, and played it again, so I'll say from the beginning that I had no major bug issues when playing this game. But to be fair, The elder scrolls series and fallout3 were somehow buggy all the time, but this is just personal. Now, what do we say about this? After playing it for around 50 hours I can see lots of improvement over Oblivion: dungeons are FAR better than the previous game and not just a random place to loot your stuff. Some dungeons are filled with puzzles and traps, making them feeling more...dungeon-like! The quests are very interesting to do (not all of them, but most are) but you'll want to do all the quests you want because they're sometimes just fun to do. Characters looks more...human now and their dialogue is a lot more detailed (and the dialogue is also well voiced, and I played with Italian, French and English settings). The combat system is a lot more exciting and, let me tell you, I LOVE the dual wield feature: it gives a really good amount of tactics on which spells, weapons or shield to use; being able to shield yourself from a dragon's fire breath was the most impressive yet exciting thing ever. However...I really can't like the Perk system used in this game: TES was based on "being free", even on leveling your skills, and I just can't stand that you're limited to a certain amount of points for increasing your skills. Yes you can level any skill to 100, but you won't be able to get ALL of their perks and after playing morrowind and oblivion I just can't stand this choice. As I said also earlier, yes there are bugs in the game but except for having random crashes I really had no issues so I apologize if I missed some vital bugs. If I have to nitpick, i didn't like the 3d map (hard to control and not very precise); the inventory is very bland (you won't see your avatar either, unlike the morrowind and oblivion), and I personally found this game a "little" harder in comparison, making me play not higher than normal (Maybe I just suck, who knows?). Anyway, I'd say to give it a check: only those who hate Wrpgs or never liked TES before won't stand this; for everyone else it's probably one of the best RPG of the year. Expand
  8. Feb 23, 2015
    If this game didn't have bugs that make me restart my entire progress, I would give this game a 10. The graphics look decent and the leveling up system is so fun!
  9. Feb 28, 2012
    this game is awesome for all those who say it isnt they have no idea what they are talking about while the main story is short everything else will take up to about 300 hours at least to complete the whole game with amazing graphics and a huge open world this is the best action rpg ever
  10. Apr 8, 2012
    New review: Skyrim is great on every platoform. I reccommend it on the PS3, expecially since some of you are dissapointed in the bugs that were patched recently. I have played this on every platform, your moneys worth guaranteed. Just make sure to keep making seperate save files if you are concerned. Pick up whatever version is on sale.
  11. Dec 10, 2011
    This game is better than oblivion in many ways. Interesting map to play on, hundreds of quests and locations, and a ton of things to do. Graphics are superb, voice acting is superb, sounds are superb. There are a few minor glitches i have encountered, but nothing that i haven't seen in Oblivion. When my game save got to around 8mb the framerate suffered a bit. Nothing in this game isThis game is better than oblivion in many ways. Interesting map to play on, hundreds of quests and locations, and a ton of things to do. Graphics are superb, voice acting is superb, sounds are superb. There are a few minor glitches i have encountered, but nothing that i haven't seen in Oblivion. When my game save got to around 8mb the framerate suffered a bit. Nothing in this game is broken. They released a patch that stopped the framerate drop. Dragon battles could be a lot more epic - or difficult for that matter. If you are a fan of role playing games, especially the western kind, you should get this game. This game seems to be a bit more difficult than the last in some instances which is a good thing because I dislike being unchallenged. If I had to choose one game this winter season, it would be Skyrim, unless your into multiplayer games, then id say go for battlefield 3. Expand
  12. Jan 27, 2012
    I got this for Christmas and have spent well in excess of 60 hours playing thus far. There are bugs that mess up some quests. But if you save often and recognize what's going on then you can usually go back and remedy it. But that is a valid complaint against this game. I am not having lagging problems. My friends report, though I have not oft experienced, the game simply freezing up.I got this for Christmas and have spent well in excess of 60 hours playing thus far. There are bugs that mess up some quests. But if you save often and recognize what's going on then you can usually go back and remedy it. But that is a valid complaint against this game. I am not having lagging problems. My friends report, though I have not oft experienced, the game simply freezing up. I got that a great deal with Oblivion. Not so much in Skyrim. I never lower the difficulty of a game, but I have friends that like that feature of this game. But those flaws notwithstanding, Skyrim is a beautiful, expansive and amazing game. I know the main story is short and i have not resumed it since I identified it. There are great puzle challenges, difficult battles, the freedom to create any kind of character you want and a thorough method of gaining experience. I truly love this game, notwithstanding its flaws. Expand
  13. Dec 29, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This game is considered a legend in the world and we need more like this game on ps3 and xbox 360 and pc !!
    waaooooooooooo best game RPG
    waaooooooooooo best game RPG
  14. Feb 6, 2012
    I wondering how all the Xbox users managed to group each other up to spam negative comments the PS3 version of this game. I have not experienced any of the problems described. Fantastic game, yes, a bit buggy, but I am surprised metacritic has not realised that people giving it zero don't even have a PS3. May this please be rectified. Anyway, the gameplay is fantastic, graphics are perfectI wondering how all the Xbox users managed to group each other up to spam negative comments the PS3 version of this game. I have not experienced any of the problems described. Fantastic game, yes, a bit buggy, but I am surprised metacritic has not realised that people giving it zero don't even have a PS3. May this please be rectified. Anyway, the gameplay is fantastic, graphics are perfect and a huge improvement on Oblivion. very good. Expand
  15. Sep 16, 2014
    A really awesome action rpg. The world is huge, the main story and side quests are fitting and the characters are interesting. Important remark: I played the "Game of the Year Edition". The original release PS 3 version is full of bugs and nearly unplayable. The graphic is good and the soundtrack is awesome. The battle system is optimized. It is better than ever and a reference for futureA really awesome action rpg. The world is huge, the main story and side quests are fitting and the characters are interesting. Important remark: I played the "Game of the Year Edition". The original release PS 3 version is full of bugs and nearly unplayable. The graphic is good and the soundtrack is awesome. The battle system is optimized. It is better than ever and a reference for future action rpgs. The job and stat system from previous Elder Scroll games is gone. It is more streamlined. I am uncertain if it is an improvement or not but it is done well in this game. Overall this is an awesome game. Still cannot decide if Skyrim or Morrowind is the better Elder Scroll game. Expand
  16. Nov 13, 2011
    Ok im not gonna give this game a 10 why because there are some fault in the game BUT i can say this is ONE of my fav games of this year and ONE of my fav games for the past 3 years.The music is fantastic,the story line is pretty driven, the characters pretty good the graphic is very on top BUT there are parts in the game where im like ehhh this seems too much like fallout 3 like i go underOk im not gonna give this game a 10 why because there are some fault in the game BUT i can say this is ONE of my fav games of this year and ONE of my fav games for the past 3 years.The music is fantastic,the story line is pretty driven, the characters pretty good the graphic is very on top BUT there are parts in the game where im like ehhh this seems too much like fallout 3 like i go under water and it just looks bland and nothing there and the way people talk gets kinda annoying other then those min things like the bugs dont even bother me. I would give this game a 9.5. Expand
  17. Nov 24, 2011
    This game is amazing! Yes there are bugs, but that is to be expected with such an incredibly large game. I'm still in awe at how huge the world is, how many quests there are, and how much there is to do. There is so much life in this game and the detail is jaw-dropping; I didn't like Morrowind or Oblivion because their worlds felt dead to me and I was never inspired to explore or quest...This game is amazing! Yes there are bugs, but that is to be expected with such an incredibly large game. I'm still in awe at how huge the world is, how many quests there are, and how much there is to do. There is so much life in this game and the detail is jaw-dropping; I didn't like Morrowind or Oblivion because their worlds felt dead to me and I was never inspired to explore or quest... Skyrim is different. The dungeons are unique and creative, the boss fights are fun, and the quests are exciting! People interact with you constantly, making the world feel alive. On top of all of that you have the massive, beautiful environments plus all of the stuff you normally get with Elder Scrolls games (professions, great music, etc.) What am I doing even writing this review? I should be playing Skyrim! Expand
  18. Nov 28, 2013
    I want to give Skyrim a 10. It is the definitive adventure game of this generation, creating an unrivaled sense of immersion and a world that feels believable without the prescience of your character. Skyrim is a living breathing world with living breathing people, an accomplishment little to no games can boast. It provides limitless entertainment, giving me 200 hours of worth of contentI want to give Skyrim a 10. It is the definitive adventure game of this generation, creating an unrivaled sense of immersion and a world that feels believable without the prescience of your character. Skyrim is a living breathing world with living breathing people, an accomplishment little to no games can boast. It provides limitless entertainment, giving me 200 hours of worth of content and I'm still not even close to finishing all the side missions and quests. But there is one fatal flaw to Bestheda's latest gem: bugs. Lots and lots of bugs. I usually disregard glitches in games. If it doesn't affect the overall experience, such as a texture glitch or the occasional entrapment in a wall or pillar, it doesn't really matter. However, Skyrim possesses many glitches that make quests unbeatable, as well as cause game-ruining glitches that make some of the major missions impossible to complete. With all that said, is the PS3 version of Skyrim a good game worth buying?
    The story is your typical hero story. You are a hero named Dragonborn who the prophecies foretold to help defeat an evil dragon named Alduin and prevent the entire Nordic race from being wiped out by the return of the dragons. However, the greatest part of Skyrim is the fact that you don't have to follow any narrative or predetermined plot structure. This is YOUR story, and you can do whatever you want. There are seven major story lines in total, meaning that instead of fighting the dragons, you can completely ignore your destiny and join a Thieves Guild or a Dark Brotherhood of assassins. All of these main quests are memorable in their own way, introducing you to a plethora of new characters that all leave their mark on you throughout the adventure. Betrayals are common, allies die in seconds, and all of Skyrim is up to date on your escapades. You couldn't imagine when a trader in Riften congratulated me on my promotion to the group of do-good era known as the Companions in Whiterun, even though the two cities are miles and miles apart. It's amazing how real the game can feel, ranging from the perfect reactions to a murder (all of the guards coming quickly to the scene and even shooting first if you are a notorious criminal) to the anger a family feels when they intrude into their house after hours.
    Along with all of these high notes, every aspect of the gameplay feels great and rewarding. You level up on how often you use a skill, rewarding you for your persistence and recognizing which skills you value over others instead of making a decision right at the start of the game. In any other RPG, I'd likely have to choose between a warrior or a Mage immediately, without having an opportunity to test out both skills effectively. Also, trading and crafting spice up the hiatus between dungeon exploration and world traveling. You can craft your own weapons, which become more advanced the more you level up your skills with blacksmithing, and add magical perks on top of them, which is also self-acquired throughout the adventure in dungeons. These dungeons are also enjoyable, each of the several hundred feeling fresh and rarely repetitive due to the quests linked with each one. In a sense, you build yourself up from nothing into the hero everyone expects you to be. But in another sense, you live a life. 100 hours into the game, I reflected back on my journey as I sat on a tower chair, staring up at a beautiful starry night. I defeated Alduin in an epic battle. I inherited the Dark Brotherhood and became part werewolf. I also found love, marrying my housecarl and settling down in a large house in Solitude. However, on one quest, she died suddenly and I buried her where she was slain, forced to push onwards. As I stared up at the stars, I realized how far I had come in my life as the Dragonborn, and how far still I had left to go. This stands as one of the most beautiful moments I've experienced in any video game.
    Despite all of this overwhelming praise I have and an unbridled spirit of adventure to describe, I can't ignore the bugs that lower this game's likability and nearly ruin the experience altogether. First off, during one quest, in the city of Markath, I aided a group of bloodthirsty outcasts to escape a prison. The game glitched during this quest and now I can no longer enter this city without dozens of guards ganging up on me demanding me to go back to the prison from which I escaped. When I try to negotiate, the conversation loops forever until I have no other choice but refuse, leading to a fight with an overwhelming amount of guards. In short, all of the missions involving Markath were rendered unplayable, which really detracted from the game. Also, about 50 hours into the game, I noticed that the game began to lag. Due to Skyrim's awkward save system, the game becomes laggy and almost unplayable after saving 50 hours into the game. The game runs much slower after this point, replacing the smooth animations and gameplay with near immobility. One time I literally stared at a screen for 3 minutes mid-game just to wait for my character to take one swing at a dragon. Once the screen reaches its limit, the game loses its immersion and becomes extremely annoying to play.
    Overall, Skyrim could have been one of the best PS3 games ever made. Everything is there: perfect immersion, an amazing sense of progression and individuality with a story that revolves around you and you alone, and gameplay that allows you to build yourself up into one of Skyrim's greatest heroes. However, bugs and glitches bring this down, a dark stain on an otherwise flawless experience. Although the PC version is a much cleaner version that for the most part fixes these problems, Skyrim for the PS3 is a great adventure that everyone should experience, transcending its flaws in order to provide one of the most memorable RPGs in recent memory.

8.8/10
  19. Feb 16, 2012
    Literally, this game deserves an 8.5. But since that score is impossible, a 9 will have to do. This game is great, it has all the components of a great game. The main story line took me about 25 hours, and that's including getting lost and doing side quest. This game is great and i can see my self returning to it to do more side quest, but it has nothing that puts it over the top. I wouldLiterally, this game deserves an 8.5. But since that score is impossible, a 9 will have to do. This game is great, it has all the components of a great game. The main story line took me about 25 hours, and that's including getting lost and doing side quest. This game is great and i can see my self returning to it to do more side quest, but it has nothing that puts it over the top. I would highly recommend this game to anyone, go out and buy it. Truly amazing. Expand
  20. Nov 10, 2012
    Stunning. From the first scene to the very last. The game is so expansive You don't need to play the main quest. You don't even need to play ANY quests. The graphics and sound are exquisite . The magic system is awesome and the world is very believable. If I had to pick out negatives. I'd say the combat system ( especially when using weapons) is clunky. The menu system is not as fluid asStunning. From the first scene to the very last. The game is so expansive You don't need to play the main quest. You don't even need to play ANY quests. The graphics and sound are exquisite . The magic system is awesome and the world is very believable. If I had to pick out negatives. I'd say the combat system ( especially when using weapons) is clunky. The menu system is not as fluid as it could be. If they had employed the hot key system that Fallout had then It would have been a lot simpler and useable. The main menu system in regard to levelling up IS useful and visually absorbing however. The game difficulty is a strange one. At first I found it too hard , now most encounters are far too easy. Yes I could raise the difficulty , but that would mean the one or two characters that I do meet who are very powerful would seem unbalanced. Dragons are not nearly as powerful as I had anticipated. I do have a team of four however and my character levelled up greatly in his wanderings before I even started the main missions. Perhaps to my detriment as I now find even bosses to be a two second affair. Expand
  21. Nov 14, 2011
    One word: Masterpiece. Amazing story, characters, sound design, etc. Bethesda really did a fantastic job. Only issue is the shadows are terrible on the PS3 version, they should have been shut off and had plain shadows but otherwise not a big deal. The graphics are incredible. All I will leave with you to decide if your un-sure of buying is when you fight the first dragon you feel like yourOne word: Masterpiece. Amazing story, characters, sound design, etc. Bethesda really did a fantastic job. Only issue is the shadows are terrible on the PS3 version, they should have been shut off and had plain shadows but otherwise not a big deal. The graphics are incredible. All I will leave with you to decide if your un-sure of buying is when you fight the first dragon you feel like your in the shoes of the guy from the film Dragonslayer.. incredible and never felt so out of this world playing it. Look up at the sky and see constellations even.. attention to detail is incredible...ahh enough of me raving, check it out for yourselfs! Expand
  22. Dec 14, 2011
    Simply amazing game......yes it suffers some lag, I have had to turn off auto save, a simple fix that has worked for me, it's sad to see tat ps3 owners are still having issues, but developers have had issues with the memory layout of the ps3. But you can't argue that this game is special, a living, breathing, beauty. It's magical in all the feeling you get when scaling the snowy, windSimply amazing game......yes it suffers some lag, I have had to turn off auto save, a simple fix that has worked for me, it's sad to see tat ps3 owners are still having issues, but developers have had issues with the memory layout of the ps3. But you can't argue that this game is special, a living, breathing, beauty. It's magical in all the feeling you get when scaling the snowy, wind swept mountains, sword and shield beaten with battle scars, deers, rabbits, prancing across with grace, and before long dark entrances to tombs, mines, and remnants of old. The characters are very detailed, and interesting, and in the dark towns, and houses glow with serenity. The game is ripe with flavour, and choices are plentifull, the levelling up system breathes new life, allowing you to channel your skills with great pace. Expand
  23. Dec 11, 2011
    Hands down the best game of the year. A vividly created world with heart and soul that sucks you in engaging you from start to finish. Bethesda has delivered one of the most enriched masterpieces of any art from in a long time.
  24. Nov 14, 2011
    Up to this point, I have never been much of a Bethesda fan. Oblivion had some great features that didn't appear in its rival franchises, but it also feel into the same category as Grand Theft Auto for me, where despite having tons of stuff to do, I just didn't care to DO any of it. Fallout 3 was no different, and its wacky interface was such a turn-off to me that I failed to see how itUp to this point, I have never been much of a Bethesda fan. Oblivion had some great features that didn't appear in its rival franchises, but it also feel into the same category as Grand Theft Auto for me, where despite having tons of stuff to do, I just didn't care to DO any of it. Fallout 3 was no different, and its wacky interface was such a turn-off to me that I failed to see how it reached mainstream success, unless that was due to its strong-arm marketing hype. And Brink did absolutely nothing for me, 'nuf said. However, Skyrim has managed to redeem Bethesda in my eyes, if only for this one game. Skyrim is not perfect, as it suffers from the same technical drawbacks as its predecessor, but its content is far more compelling. The first thing that I noticed was the fact that Skyrim has a lot more character and style than the dreadfully generic Oblivion, albeit a straight rip-off of Peter Jackson's depiction of Middle Earth (specifically The Two Towers, since some of Skyrim's regions look like they're recreations of actual Weta sets). That being said, character creation is much improved, graphic quality is much higher, Jeremy Soule's soundrack is astounding, menus have been streamlined, and the dialogue system is better. The only real downside to the improved play mechanics is a general lack of fulfillment in questing, as most results aren't even impactful enough to move NPCs from their rooted position atop a throne or behind a store counter. In other words, the world still feels pretty stiff, despite significant work to improve the AI. Animations are often unnatural, and many of the game's best features require a silly amount of aimless adventuring before they can be unlocked. In the end, much of the game's content feels like filler and time-sinks, which should come as little surprise to anyone who has played Oblivion. Among my favorite features is the active weather system, which has a powerful impact on your exploration and combat, and it often feels like the environment is a worse adversary than the [inexcusably sparse] enemy mobs. The weather, day-night cycle, housing, enhanced social interaction, and crafting systems are all genuinely enjoyable, and they all go far in immersing the gamer in what could have otherwise been a boring march through uninspired quests. Ultimately, it is a great open-world experience for wasting time and building a character that you like, but if you're looking for challenge or a sense of purpose in your game, Skyrim could do a lot better. I still like Dark Souls better, as it constantly provides a sense of accomplishment, but the two are pretty different overall. I would recommend Skyrim to any fan of adventuring and exploration (as long as they have a fair amount of patience), and I commend Bethesda for improving in the areas that annoyed me the most in previous games. RPG nerds rarely complain about boredom in a properly crafted virtual world, since we're pretty good at finding or creating our own entertainment within those worlds, so it's the enormous feature set that makes Skyrim stand tall as it gives you plenty of toys to play with even if you care little for the main story. Expand
  25. May 16, 2013
    an amazing game that you need to buy no matter what i have about 300 hours of gameplay and counting i believe that explains everthing buy it but if you dont have it yet just wait for the complete edition which has all the dlc's
  26. Nov 14, 2011
    I don't know how good or bad this game is on PC, and I don't know why there are PC Reviewers on the PS3 page. Skyrim on PS3 is amazing and I am having a ton of fun playing it and creating my character how I want to play him. I can't wait to play it again with a different type of character. Very few games can give you this many hours of gameplay. Buy it!!
  27. Dec 1, 2011
    Never has a game captured my attention like Skyrim has. After a brief introduction the game unleashes you into a massive world where you are free to roam about and explore till your hearts content. There are plenty of towns, landscapes and dungeons to visit. All full of NPCs who always have something interesting to say, which usually results in sending you off on a new quest to fulfill.Never has a game captured my attention like Skyrim has. After a brief introduction the game unleashes you into a massive world where you are free to roam about and explore till your hearts content. There are plenty of towns, landscapes and dungeons to visit. All full of NPCs who always have something interesting to say, which usually results in sending you off on a new quest to fulfill. None of the quests I've encountered had any time constraints so you are free to tackle your long to-do list as leisurely as you desire. The leveling system is very dynamic and the game adapts to each players own style, in addition to this, enemies scale to your level so there is no need to level-grind, making the game always challenging but never overbearing. With so many things to do and see you will never be bored in the beautiful world of Skyrim. Expand
  28. Jun 30, 2012
    Look, I know how to review a game. And it is obvious that some of these people don't. A half of the people who have reviewed this game have either got a vendetta against Besthesa, are CoD or Battlefield fanboys, or simply got extremely pissed off when their game froze at level 49. I want to be honest, because I am not going to con people in to getting this game. It is not perfect, but itLook, I know how to review a game. And it is obvious that some of these people don't. A half of the people who have reviewed this game have either got a vendetta against Besthesa, are CoD or Battlefield fanboys, or simply got extremely pissed off when their game froze at level 49. I want to be honest, because I am not going to con people in to getting this game. It is not perfect, but it definitely isn't as bad as most of the people on this list make it out to be. Skyrim is a diverse and brilliant as you could want, because it is rare (as in extremely rare) for a game to hit the 100% mark. This game doesn't deserve a score of 100%, but it doesn't deserve a 0%, a 30% or a 60% (and I know I am going to get some hate for this). A 75% would probably be acceptable, and even a 70% as long as the reasons were about the game, and not the reviewer's feelings against the game. The game world in this game is awesome, alive and large enough that you are playing a magical version of life itself, and you really feel like some of the people you are talking to are real people, and not just a bunch of pixels that spit out backstory. If you buy this game, you should love it, but people who say that this game is a 50% or 60% should know that this game just isn't for them, and people who gave it a 0% or a 10% are complete idiots. Expand
  29. Oct 5, 2014
    This is just a huge Game that i think has no ending, it is just the perfect game. Skyrim brings a well done universe to the maximum it can go to and gives players one of the best experiences yet. Skyrim basically lets you finally be the Dungeon raider, Adventurer, or villian you want to be. Skyrim is the best western Role playing game of all time.
  30. Jan 3, 2014
    skyrim has a massive world thats a blast to explore. your never more than a few steps away from something to do. the game also has A LOT of dungeons and each one offers a great challenge (especially the boss at the end of each dungeon). one of my favourite things about this game is how you level up specific aspects and abilities of your character instead of just a standard level up system.skyrim has a massive world thats a blast to explore. your never more than a few steps away from something to do. the game also has A LOT of dungeons and each one offers a great challenge (especially the boss at the end of each dungeon). one of my favourite things about this game is how you level up specific aspects and abilities of your character instead of just a standard level up system. the game also has an amazing atmosphere and soundtrack. my only problems with the game are that it has LOTS of pop in, lag and loading screens. Expand
  31. Apr 2, 2012
    I've just started playing Skyrim and even though I hated Fallout 3 by the same guys, I am loving it.
    I know there are some small bugs, even in the early stages but my mate who has the 360 version has also had some problems, so it's not just the PS3.
    The graphics are excellent, the music and effects are very very good. Great locations, interesting characters and a wide range of side quests will keep me playing for a very long time.
    I had just finished Mass Effect 3 and decided to trade it for this, and it wasn't a mistake. I'm still discovering and have just bought my horse to get around easier.
    Even if you don't normally play RPG's you have to try this. Don't give up to early either, it's a massive game and gets better at every turn.
  32. Nov 12, 2011
    Early thoughts (the game just came out yesterday after all, just started it today): fantastic game. The interface is much cleaner and improved, the intro was much better than IV (but I've played that 10x...so maybe that should be factored in) and the graphics are gorgeous. I had the game paused at one point and the shot looked like it could have been a photo or a painting. I'm alreadyEarly thoughts (the game just came out yesterday after all, just started it today): fantastic game. The interface is much cleaner and improved, the intro was much better than IV (but I've played that 10x...so maybe that should be factored in) and the graphics are gorgeous. I had the game paused at one point and the shot looked like it could have been a photo or a painting. I'm already feeling overwhelmed by the depth of the game, and I'm still in the starting town: happy adventures everyone! Game gets a 9 because I still feel like more could have been done to streamline the interface: still has a bit of the console aftertaste. Honestly, though, this is as good as it gets for single player RPGs: nobody touches Bethesda's craft. Expand
  33. Nov 16, 2011
    Bethesda has set the high standard with there Skyrim game. The only reason why I gave it a 9 is because I never give and thing a perfect score due to the fact that nothing is perfect and yes even Skyrim is not perfect. But only a few minor things Skyrim needs to correct. The glitches (which every game goes through) and a few minor fighting problems. The positive comments about Skyrim are,Bethesda has set the high standard with there Skyrim game. The only reason why I gave it a 9 is because I never give and thing a perfect score due to the fact that nothing is perfect and yes even Skyrim is not perfect. But only a few minor things Skyrim needs to correct. The glitches (which every game goes through) and a few minor fighting problems. The positive comments about Skyrim are, a rich true open world game that pulls you in and can lose yourself in the world of Skyrim. To it's story telling and dungeon adventuring every corner of this game is addictive to play. You can play it your way basically. If you don't like side quests or helping city folks in the land of Skyrim you don't have to. Play straight through the main story or open your mind and search the land of Skyrim to get lost in. There are only a few similarities with Skyrim to Oblivion (previous version of Elder Scrolls game). The best part about Skyrim is playing your character as ruthless or as kind as you want. And oh by the way expect twists and turns in game. You can really appreciate the creative thinking that went into Skyrim. Overall scores: Graphics 5/5, sound 5/5, fun factor 5/5, game play 4/5, replay value 5/5. Expand
  34. Apr 8, 2012
    I'm redoing my review now for Skyrim on ps3 after a long 6month wait for a fix from Bethesda.so now that patch 1.5 is available I decided to retry Skyrim and give it one last shot.let me start out by saying that patch 1.4 was a good patch but patch 1.5 is the better patch, since now I'm able to play with less and I do mean much less problems than before...so far I haven't had any gameI'm redoing my review now for Skyrim on ps3 after a long 6month wait for a fix from Bethesda.so now that patch 1.5 is available I decided to retry Skyrim and give it one last shot.let me start out by saying that patch 1.4 was a good patch but patch 1.5 is the better patch, since now I'm able to play with less and I do mean much less problems than before...so far I haven't had any game crashes/freezes or frame-rate drops like I did with patch 1.4 things do seem much smoother now and working better overall.however this game still needs more fixes, and the damage has been done in terms of quality.besides that i'm happy thus far with Skyrim after patch 1.5. Expand
  35. Nov 23, 2011
    Before i begin, i need to say that for all of those who have problems with the game lagging and freezing, there is a light for you. Bethesda heard your complaints and have announced a patch to fix it after Thanksgiving. Now, I should start by saying i wasn't the biggest fan of Oblivion. I didn't hate it, but i got it late, this year actually for the 5th anniversary. I saw what Skyrim wasBefore i begin, i need to say that for all of those who have problems with the game lagging and freezing, there is a light for you. Bethesda heard your complaints and have announced a patch to fix it after Thanksgiving. Now, I should start by saying i wasn't the biggest fan of Oblivion. I didn't hate it, but i got it late, this year actually for the 5th anniversary. I saw what Skyrim was doing and got excited to see if they would deliver that fantasy experience that Lord of the Rings got me into when i was a kid. And im happy to say it did, every bit of it. It toke everything that I though Oblivion did ok at and made it great. Character animations are more natural, but still a bit stiff, though i let that pass when i can kick a Drugars ass in a cave. The open world feeling is there, with beautiful environments and sounds that are a joy to just sit back and listen to. Combat is miles above Oblivions, with hit detection, blood on your weapon of choice and some final finishes strait from Fallout 3, one of my all time favorite games. Magic is more fun in this game than any i have played, and a level up system that is much more natural than The Elder Scrolls past games. The story is very good as well, with some memorable characters and fantastic moments. Side missions can range from the simple retrieve this and that, to crazy "Didn't see that coming" missions. The only thing i can say that is wrong that DOESN'T involve small glitches that Bethesda is working on is some of the textures. This is a big picture game, and that big picture is amazing. But get up close to a mountain and tree and you can see the polygons and rough edges.Though the game isn't meant to be examined up close, its meant for you to look out over a cliff and see the mist at the top of a mountain, or the gloom of a cave. The only way you can hate this game is to go out and find the glitches, but sometimes a game is made from the glitches and laughing about them. Skyrim is the love letter from Bethesda. Did you love Oblivion? Here is a better story, graphics, combat, pretty much everything that is still the game you love. Did you love Fallout 3? We have the questing, finishers, and feel from that game. Did you love Fallout: New Vegas? We have the weight feel and spectacular writing from that game as well. A truly amazing game, one that you shouldn't hate because of its few short-comings, but should be loved for listening to the customer and giving them what they have wanted for 5 long years. Expand
  36. Nov 29, 2012
    Probably one of the best 5 games of all time---even with the bugs and load time. Huge in scope and imagination. Can't say enough about it. The only real question is whether to go for 100% completion now that I'm already 181 hours in.
  37. Jan 4, 2012
    I'll admit, I didn't like Oblivion. I found the game boring and I was never compelled to explore or stay with the game. But the main reason I didn't like it was because I didn't play it properly. I always fast travelled, and I never explored so I just go bored. So I was sceptical about buying Skyrim, but It just looked so good, and I now knew how to play it properly. As soon as I startedI'll admit, I didn't like Oblivion. I found the game boring and I was never compelled to explore or stay with the game. But the main reason I didn't like it was because I didn't play it properly. I always fast travelled, and I never explored so I just go bored. So I was sceptical about buying Skyrim, but It just looked so good, and I now knew how to play it properly. As soon as I started playing, I was addicted. The numerous amount of improvements it makes on Oblivion are great. The game is more personal than ever. You now get to shape your character in the exact way you want to. I am a Khajiit who specialises in one-handed weapons, magic, heavy armour, sneaking, lockpicking, smithing and I am still trying to improve on my other skills. It's an incredible system that works fantastically. Lots of people complain about the bugs. I have had the game for about a week and have played around 17 hours and haven't encountered many bugs or the incredibly slow framerate that apparently plagues the PS3 versions of the game. I did encounter the framerate a few days ago, but the next day I didn't play at all, and the day after I started playing and it worked fine. There are a few problems with this game, and it is far from perfect. The shadows a shocking on the PS3 version. The shadows almost always have jagged edges and look really bad. Graphically this game looks great. Not amazing but great. Looking from a distance, the game is incredible. But up close, things are less than pretty. That said, overall Skyrim looks great. Thankfully, Skyrim has a lot better facial animation than the shocking animation that was in Oblivion. The conversations don't pause time and unlike Oblivion, the faces aren't expressionless. However the facial animations still aren't perfect. The overall animations however, are a LOT better than Oblivion. in Oblivion, the characters looked as if they were walking on air, now their feet actually look like they're making contact with the ground. The gameplay is fantastic. I have been addicted to this game, and have played for up to 4 hours straight at times ( I know that's not much compared to other people, but for me it is). The weapons still look like they're cutting through air than flesh, but are a lot better than they were in Oblivion. The magic is awesome, as you can now have on magic spell per hand, so you can be shooting to fire streams at a time, or shooting one fire stream, while defending yourself with the Lesser Ward. You can also have magic in one hand, sword in the other, dual wield swords, have a sword and shield or use a two handed weapon. There are a LOT of things to do in Skyrim. So far I have joined the College at Winterhold to become a mage, joined the Stormcloaks, Joined the Thieves Guild, completed side quests, explored, cleared dungeons, fought dragons and found tonnes of loot. And I haven't even scratched the surface. There is so much to do in Skyrim, so if you buy it, you really need to dedicate quite a bit of time to it. So I'm glad I bought it during the holiday season. Skyrim isn't perfect, and there are problems, but this is simply a game that can't be missed. Expand
  38. Jun 10, 2012
    The bugs have been largely excised so do yourself a favor and buy this game!!! No RPG will be able to touch this one for a long, long time. Skyrim deliveries on every level. After several months of play, I'm still discovering new things - just like Oblivion before it.

Do it. You won't be disappointed!
  39. Dec 22, 2011
    Note: I have a ps3 slim with lots of space on my hard drive and have auto saves turned off. It runs just fine
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    This game is masterful. The graphics, combat, lore, and the leveling up system is just amazing. There's nothing more satisfying than seeing your character get super powerful and decimate all who dare meet you in combat. WARNING: This game may become your life
  40. Feb 11, 2012
    Apart from the bugs(which a lot were fixed with a recent patch), I have thoroughly enjoyed this game. I played it for three straight months, and didn't really play any other game. Hopefully, Bethesda eventually will fix all the frame rate issues and I think user scores will be much more positive.
  41. Apr 7, 2012
    I refrained from playing Skyrim for a while while the problems were patched. But now as I play it, I realized I have wasted the past few months NOT PLAYING IT. It is a phenomenon, and a MetaScore as poor as 5.4 is a travesty! People, what doesn't this game give you? Huge roaming space, millions of NPCS to meet and dragons to fight. I understand the game had issues and that was unforgivableI refrained from playing Skyrim for a while while the problems were patched. But now as I play it, I realized I have wasted the past few months NOT PLAYING IT. It is a phenomenon, and a MetaScore as poor as 5.4 is a travesty! People, what doesn't this game give you? Huge roaming space, millions of NPCS to meet and dragons to fight. I understand the game had issues and that was unforgivable AT THE TIME. But come to your senses, and come back to Tamriel. Now with the fixed lag issues, you won't regret your stay. Expand
  42. Dec 8, 2011
    Yes it lags. No I don't care. It doesn't matter because it's an amazing game. I have been absorbed into this game and I can't get out. It doesn't matter that there are glitches. I still deserves a 10/10 because in NO way can it get a 0 very VERY few games deserve a 0. IGN haven't ever given out a 0. What did you do? Plan this attack? Did you all decide to dislike it at once? Listen.Yes it lags. No I don't care. It doesn't matter because it's an amazing game. I have been absorbed into this game and I can't get out. It doesn't matter that there are glitches. I still deserves a 10/10 because in NO way can it get a 0 very VERY few games deserve a 0. IGN haven't ever given out a 0. What did you do? Plan this attack? Did you all decide to dislike it at once? Listen.
    Graphics: 9.0
    Sound: 10
    Story: 9.0
    Presentation: 8.5
    Length: 10
    Gameplay: 10
    You can do anything at all. I don't know what I'll get other than hates but I'll still say it: Game of the Year.
  43. Nov 23, 2011
    Only about 20 hours in but Skyrim just keeps getting bigger and bigger. This is a staggering experience that will be in my game rotation for months to come. My only gripe is the cumbersome menu and load times.
  44. Oct 17, 2012
    I do not understand the bad reviews on this game. This game is amazing. For all you oblivion, fallout fans u must get this game and play it!!!!!!!!!!!
  45. Mar 20, 2013
    The greatest game I have ever played! This is video gaming at its finest. There is so much you can do in this game. I've played it for a total of about 150 hours and I still haven't done everything. Combine that with awesome character customization, many fantastic side quests, an amazing main quest, and a massive, beautiful world, Skyrim is the pinnacle of gaming! I can't wait for moreThe greatest game I have ever played! This is video gaming at its finest. There is so much you can do in this game. I've played it for a total of about 150 hours and I still haven't done everything. Combine that with awesome character customization, many fantastic side quests, an amazing main quest, and a massive, beautiful world, Skyrim is the pinnacle of gaming! I can't wait for more Elder Scrolls games! Expand
  46. Apr 29, 2015
    Skyrim was the second chapter of The Elders Scrolls that I played, and from early hours of play the changes from Oblivion were quite marked, some positive but some negative.

The plot of Skyrim is outstanding, and narrative cues such as the return of the dragons, Skyrim civil war, the rise of the third Aldmeri Dominion and the prophecies about the Dragonborn have made sure to make it spectacular. I loved also some references to Morrowind, as the return of the dwarven ruins. However I did not like that (not a spoiler, you can also understand it from the announcement trailer) events in Skyrim play a protagonist role in the whole saga, but all that has happened in the other chapters assumed a marginal role, role of lesser importance, they were "only dark omens before the return of the dragons". This made sure that Skyrim had an excellent story, but has weakened the importance of the stories of the previous chapters, and this is not right, and I do not like. Among other things, important or not, I preferred the plot of Oblivion.

The gameplay of Skyrim is mainly as large as The Elder Scrolls games have accustomed us, but it has some elements improved: the structure of the fight system has progressed, the editor of the character it's been improved, the use of magic with two hands is good, the sprint allow to run faster, and of course the Dragon shouts are great, they make the game more original. Also you can perform various task to create and get items such as wood and iron. On the other hand, however, there are some pretty serious failings and flaws: there aren't hammers to repair weapons and armor, or rather the weapons and armor literally do not wear out; the magic can not be used with sword and shield (in Oblivon was possible), the skill tree is oversimplified, the difficulty in general was rather lowered. In other words, the gameplay has been removed from the perfection achieved in Oblivion, in favor of a simpler gameplay, perhaps for an audience of younger players. And I did not like this.

The graphical leap from Oblivion to Skyrim was surprising: the Creation Engine is a great graphics engine, and artistic beauty is amazing. A stunning soundtrack, epic main theme composed by Soule, based on the one of Morrowind. Personally I haven't had to deal with many acclaimed technical problems and bugs in Skyrim on PS3, because I took the game months after its release, when apparently they had been corrected.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim is essentially a fantastic game, one of the best rpg-games in history, a masterpiece in reality. Some choices in the gameplay could be better, but are not so important after all. This game is already legend.
  47. Nov 12, 2011
    This game is fan-fuggin-tastic! If you love the series and or Bethesda RPG games you will definitely love this game! This game is better than expected. All the negative reviews I have read so far are about minor little things that people have blown out of proportion. Some glitches do exist but as a gamer I accept these and sometimes have fun with them (like the flying in the air one,This game is fan-fuggin-tastic! If you love the series and or Bethesda RPG games you will definitely love this game! This game is better than expected. All the negative reviews I have read so far are about minor little things that people have blown out of proportion. Some glitches do exist but as a gamer I accept these and sometimes have fun with them (like the flying in the air one, that's just funny and kinda cool the view you get!) Others like freezing and texture issues are minor. I had the game freeze in the opening sequence, but I restarted and it has worked great ever since. I didn't let a minor occurrence ruin anything that this wonderful game has to offer. The graphics aren't the best in the biz but the best in the series. The lighting is finally quite gorgeous for the series and adds a visual bonus (some shadows!). Combat is actually quite good and fun. Duel wielding isn't as polished as say bioshock but I have never thought it was broken or awful. The menu took a bit to get used to but now I am popping in and out of it on the fly and using the favorites like none other. The locations are fantastic and the story is great. This is one of the best games out there to date and if you skip over this title you are missing a huge experience that surprises you around every mountain peak. So I say go buy this game (rent only if you can keep for a month minimum) and enjoy it, play it and experience it. Don't cry that your game froze once and a single texture was blurry or not loaded. Because all games have issues and this one is no different. So overall it's not perfect in every possible way but it is still 99% there. so i give the game a 9.9 since it isn't perfect. But that rounds up to 10. so 10/10 because I am having too much fun playing Skyrim instead of whining over minor annoyances. That's all, I can't wait to get back into it after writing this. Expand
  48. USG
    Nov 18, 2011
    Skyrim is analogous to a cult movie but much more popular. Like previous Elder Scrolls titles, Bethesda has succeeded in immersing a gamer in their world. Many aspects of gameplay have been fixed since Oblivion and new features are added that come from Fallout. The new and the improved features have greatly enhanced the game, but there are some insignificant glitches present.
  49. Nov 21, 2011
    My only major complaint is the very poor UI design for managing inventory.

But otherwise it is an incredibly open world where it seems like everything is possible. The PS3 controls take a bit to get used to, but the gameplay is incredible. For anyone that has any interest in RPGs, it is an excellent addition to the genre.
  50. Nov 16, 2011
    I've been anticipating the release of Elder Scrolls V for years now. Ever since I played Oblivion, I wanted an expanded version of that amazing adventure. Oblivion was one of my favorite games from this gen, easily getting a 10/10 from me, so of course I wanted a sequal. Finally, we have that sequal, and it's almost as good as anticipated. This game is nothing short of fantastic. For one,I've been anticipating the release of Elder Scrolls V for years now. Ever since I played Oblivion, I wanted an expanded version of that amazing adventure. Oblivion was one of my favorite games from this gen, easily getting a 10/10 from me, so of course I wanted a sequal. Finally, we have that sequal, and it's almost as good as anticipated. This game is nothing short of fantastic. For one, the world is absolutely huge! The world of Elder Scrolls IV was big already, and Skyrim almost tops it. There are more areas to visit this time, and it is just gorgeous. The visuals in this world are far superior to it's predecessor. Often times, I found myself walking through the wilderness and stopping to bare witness to a stunning scenery of mountains, trees, and wildlife. The graphics may not be up to date, but they're good enough for the environments to be nothing short of beautiful. In addition to this large and gorgeous world comes plenty to do. Even after you beat the main story, which only took me a couple of days, you are still overflowed with content that will keep you busy for a while. This game takes to memory on where you've been and what you've done, and uses it to generate new things to do based on your situation and location, ultimately making this game literally endless. Likely chances are, this game will keep you busy for a long time. The combat system is also very well improved, but it also a bit more simplified than Oblivion. In Oblivion, you had to choose between a large number of different jobs, and often times you got confused and didn't know what you wanted to be. But in Skyrim, it's narrowed down to warrior, mage, or thief. This might come as a disappointment to some, but I see it as an improvement, because now you're not limited to just concentrating on major skills, there are more options available to you now. In Oblivion, if you chose thief, you gained XP from using a bow, but not a dagger. In Skyrim, you gain XP from both equally, so you're not just restricted to using one weapon type. I chose to be a thief, and though the blade option was open to me, I chose to make the bow my primary weapon, and mainly used dual daggers for close combat. Yeah that's right, you can dual wield now, and not just weapons either, but spells too. In fact, you can actually wield spells and melee weapons at the same time now, thanks to the new dual wielding feature. Wanna slash and cast lightning at the same time? Go right ahead! But combat has improved beyond just job choice and dual wielding, but upgrading your stats as well. When you level up, you are asked to either increase MP, HP, or Stamina, and you can choose only one per level up. Along with this, you gain an upgrade point, which you can apply to any major or minor skills to learn new abilities. For example, you can use these points to learn a bow ability that allows you to zoom in when aiming. Later on, you can use a point to learn an ability that automatically slows down time when you zoom in with your bow, and later add more damage multipliers to your sneak attacks, which I needed alot, since I am mostly sneaking my way through enemy territory, and quietly sniping any enemies in the way before they notice me. Learning new skills applies to every major skill, all of which are improved over Oblivion. And of course you have the most talked about add on to this game. DRAGONS! Slaying dragons is actually the most fun thing to do in this game. Often times, you'll be traveling out in the field, then suddenly you'll randomly be attacked by a dragon, or maybe you'll see one off in the distance. Thanks to your new dragonborn abilities, slaying dragons will be no problem for you. You have shouts that you can use against them to either slow them down, or hurt them, and using these shouts is a load of fun. You start with a few basic shouts once you kill your first dragon, but you can later find shrines where you can learn new shouts to not only use against dragons, but regular enemies as well. However some dragon types will prove harder than others. Like the blood dragons or skeleton dragons. Watch out for these bastards! Overall, the game is great, but it's not without issues. For one, it's a Bethesda game. What does that mean? Exactly. Bugs, bugs, bugs, and even more annoying bugs, many of which can interfere with progression, especially with the PS3 version. I made the unwise decision of getting it on PS3, and take my word for it, if you have a 360 or PC, get Skyrim on one of those, the PS3 version is mostly broken. Plus, as great as the game is, and as much as it's improved over Oblivion, it still strongly resembles the experience we had with Oblivion, so there's still a feeling of "I played this before" in this game. Skyrim failed to take a big fresh approach to the franchises formula, but does extremely well at expanding on it. Overall, a game that cannot be missed. A 9/10. Expand
  51. Feb 1, 2012
    Don't listen to all of these haters, I have had these lag issues too but they only happened after a couple of hours of playing anyway. I would just turn it off for awhile or play a different game. If it wasn't for this I would give it a 10 because it is the best game ever made.
  52. Nov 10, 2012
    Skyrim is one of the most amazing games I have ever played. Perhaps the main history isn´t interesting enough, but if you play the alter-missions mixed with the main history, this game becomes very enjoyable. The bugs and the glitches happen usually in this game, but instead of hate the game becouse of that, I really enjoy and laugh a lot with some of them ( Like a dragon flying inSkyrim is one of the most amazing games I have ever played. Perhaps the main history isn´t interesting enough, but if you play the alter-missions mixed with the main history, this game becomes very enjoyable. The bugs and the glitches happen usually in this game, but instead of hate the game becouse of that, I really enjoy and laugh a lot with some of them ( Like a dragon flying in cyrcles, or things like that ). In conclusion:
    The best: Beautiful graphics, hours and hours and hours of gaming, great music and the best RPG game in 2011.
    The worst: Some bugs, main history a bit boring.
  53. Apr 8, 2013
    This game is hands down amazing. Visually stunning, an enormous amount of quests and missions to do. There was a day where I did nothing but wander around in the woods and find locations. I play a lot of games, i have an xbox gamer-score around 40K and level 16 in PS3 trophies. I played this game and only this game for nearly four months. Amazing in every capacity. Ignore the high amountThis game is hands down amazing. Visually stunning, an enormous amount of quests and missions to do. There was a day where I did nothing but wander around in the woods and find locations. I play a lot of games, i have an xbox gamer-score around 40K and level 16 in PS3 trophies. I played this game and only this game for nearly four months. Amazing in every capacity. Ignore the high amount of negative comments on this game, a lot of people were just upset because one of the early patches for the game actually made it worse. Guess what it's a massive game, with tons of stuff going on and tons of things to do, there are going to be issues with any game of this scope. Expand
  54. Nov 20, 2011
    This game has endless content, gorgeous graphics, unscripted dragons, over a hundred spells, dual wielding, a giant map that extends forever, live characters, people that react to every last thing you do. (Ex I had fire spell in my hand, little girl says it's bad to play with fire mister, or I had a dragon sword in my hand, little boy said I like you're sword sir. or I drop stuff in theThis game has endless content, gorgeous graphics, unscripted dragons, over a hundred spells, dual wielding, a giant map that extends forever, live characters, people that react to every last thing you do. (Ex I had fire spell in my hand, little girl says it's bad to play with fire mister, or I had a dragon sword in my hand, little boy said I like you're sword sir. or I drop stuff in the streets and people fight over it, trying to take it)

Endless quests, epic weapons, amazing music, many places to live, get married, tons of factions, kill animations, crafting, alchemy, enchanting, smelting, mining, wood chopping, tanning, smelting, sharpening, the world is so beyond alive it's crazy. Everything is so amazing, it's the most beautiful hand crafted world I have ever seen. Skyrim is nothing short of a master piece, and Bethesda earns every amount of praise they get. Game of the year, best game of all time.
  55. May 9, 2012
    Isn't it about time everybody change their reviews? Since most of the problems have been patched. You've probably read/watched plenty of reviews already so I can't really tell you anything you haven't heard. I can tell you that most of it's true, you will not want to stop playing this. There is one compliant I have and that is your partners can die, I know in terms of gameplay this makesIsn't it about time everybody change their reviews? Since most of the problems have been patched. You've probably read/watched plenty of reviews already so I can't really tell you anything you haven't heard. I can tell you that most of it's true, you will not want to stop playing this. There is one compliant I have and that is your partners can die, I know in terms of gameplay this makes sense but it makes me not want to bring them along so I have to take care of them. Expand
  56. Nov 12, 2011
    Bethesda does it again. Every time I play this game it transports me into the vivid world of Skyrim. The new combat system feels amazing. The one thing I would have liked to see is a hardcore mode like they put into New Vegas. I have a strong feeling that is will get the GOTY award. STOP WASTING TIME AND JUST GO BUY IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  57. Apr 2, 2012
    I am amazed at the negative reviews for Skyrim. God knows what people want in a game as, in my opinion, this is near perfect as a game could be. Admittedly, I did start getting a bit bored by my 300th hour but then I continued with one of the main quest lines and was blown away all over again (won't do a spoiler to explain but you'll know when you get there - if you haven't been already).I am amazed at the negative reviews for Skyrim. God knows what people want in a game as, in my opinion, this is near perfect as a game could be. Admittedly, I did start getting a bit bored by my 300th hour but then I continued with one of the main quest lines and was blown away all over again (won't do a spoiler to explain but you'll know when you get there - if you haven't been already). I have been constantly entertained by this game and even the bugs have given me laugh out loud moments (like leaving a building and having a child fall out of the sky to start wandering down the street - or my companion continuing to follow and speak to me, even though he was lying flat on his back). It is by far the best game I have ever played and I cannot tear myself away - I have Crysis 2 sitting there waiting to be played but I just can't eject that skyrim disc to replace it with something else. Maybe I'll do it after another 20 or so hours. Thank you Bethesda for creating this incredible world that has had me mesmerised since December. Love you lots n lots! Expand
  58. Nov 21, 2011
    The only reason I made an account on this website is so I could review this game. This IS one of the best games of all time, period. Do not let anyone say otherwise. Currently the only issues I have had with this game have been the frame rate slowdowns and some NPC and graphical glitches, but nothing that cant be sorted with a patch. Now I could produce a giant list about what is so mindThe only reason I made an account on this website is so I could review this game. This IS one of the best games of all time, period. Do not let anyone say otherwise. Currently the only issues I have had with this game have been the frame rate slowdowns and some NPC and graphical glitches, but nothing that cant be sorted with a patch. Now I could produce a giant list about what is so mind blowing about this game so i will try and make this as brief as possible. This World itself is one of the best game worlds ever, everything feels so alive. The graphics for a world as open and as HUGE as this are outstanding, there is literally UNLIMITED amounts to do meaning that the lifespan on this game is forever. Also with so much to do, the developers have done a fantastic job of making it all so interesting. Im currently level 28 and have played now for around 35 hours and I have barely scratched the surface. The only game that i personally think can compete with this would be Fallout 3, however a new day has arrived and it is skyrim. Think of this game as the Beatles or Metallica, its going to be remembered and loved for some time. Im going to end this review now because I want to carry on playing this game, but be warned this game is truly addicting and once your hooked and see, you will think any other game is average in comparison. Expand
  59. Mar 18, 2012
    This is one of the greatest western RPG's created yet it is held back by MANY repetive quests, obnoxious characters, and many glitches. The expanse of the world as well as its beauty make up for it. The story is lackluster but still great.
  60. Nov 15, 2011
    At first, I was REALLY skeptical about whether or not Bethesda could live up to their promises. I played over 150 hours of Oblivion, and I was really absorbed into it. Long story short, once I heard that theme play on the main menu, I knew this game would be amazing. So far, I've put a lot of time into the game and merely scratched the surface. In my opinion, this IS one of the best gamesAt first, I was REALLY skeptical about whether or not Bethesda could live up to their promises. I played over 150 hours of Oblivion, and I was really absorbed into it. Long story short, once I heard that theme play on the main menu, I knew this game would be amazing. So far, I've put a lot of time into the game and merely scratched the surface. In my opinion, this IS one of the best games ever made. It took what Morrowind and Oblivion had added them together in a perfect package. Man, I feel sorry for those COD fans below. I spent longer exploring the world, ignoring the main quest than it took them to complete MW3's. Please, go back to playing your rehashed piece of garbage. I've got a whole world to get back to! Expand
  61. Nov 11, 2011
    so skyrim 1 word flawless. i used to think mass effect 2 was the best game ever until now skyrim is the BEST game ever made the story is amazing the combat is flawless fighting dragons is challenging yet still fun. this game will never end. my pick for game of the year and the best game ever made until mass effect 3 comes out.
  62. Jan 7, 2012
    A must-own title for RPG fans. It's the best Elder Scrolls title to date. The world is massive and the landscape is absolutely beautiful. The animations and visuals have improved greatly since Oblivion. Even after spending 100+ hours with the game, I still have so much to do. I haven't even beat the main story yet and there is still tons of side quests left for me to do. I don't thinkA must-own title for RPG fans. It's the best Elder Scrolls title to date. The world is massive and the landscape is absolutely beautiful. The animations and visuals have improved greatly since Oblivion. Even after spending 100+ hours with the game, I still have so much to do. I haven't even beat the main story yet and there is still tons of side quests left for me to do. I don't think there has ever been a game with so much content packed into one disc. The downside of Skyrim is like previous Bethesda titles, it's littered with glitches and freezing issues. I can't even count how many times the game has frozen on me. That is about the only problem I have with the game and it's what keeps it from getting a perfect score. I still highly recommend it to anyone looking to grind/loot through a beautiful world of quality content. Expand
  63. May 27, 2012
    Skyrim is the best game I have ever played. But it got a 9/10 because of the vast number of glitches, bugs and missing textures at certain points in the game.
  64. Oct 29, 2012
    It doesn't deserve the negative ratings it has got, sure there are some bugs, but, don't hinder gameplay in the slightest I find, some are even funny. I love Bethesda games :) I don't play on 'easy' moderate difficulty is always best, haha, then hardest :)
  65. Sep 3, 2014
    This game is a masterpiece! I played it so much and I still haven't done everything in it, and I don't know anyone who has either. The Game is Beautiful, The Characters are good, the Role-playing features are so good and there's so much more good about this game I cant even fit it in my Review box! Seriously if you haven't played this game go too your local store, and get it! It's so worthThis game is a masterpiece! I played it so much and I still haven't done everything in it, and I don't know anyone who has either. The Game is Beautiful, The Characters are good, the Role-playing features are so good and there's so much more good about this game I cant even fit it in my Review box! Seriously if you haven't played this game go too your local store, and get it! It's so worth the amount of money you pay for it! Expand
  66. Dec 6, 2011
    This game lags but as I write this the serious issues have been patched, even before they werent serious. This game is absolutly beautiful and you owe it to yourself to play it
  67. Nov 12, 2011
    ............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................The best adventure game ever made.
  68. Jan 24, 2012
    I`v played this game for 70 hours + now and i iv been lucky regarding the fall of fps when the game save file get large, Bethesda is releasing a patch to fix the ps3 problems so i wish that the bad reviews could wait until the patch comes. The game itself is pretty awesome, the huge open world is quite stunning with sleeker graphics and more wildlife. The playability is near endlessI`v played this game for 70 hours + now and i iv been lucky regarding the fall of fps when the game save file get large, Bethesda is releasing a patch to fix the ps3 problems so i wish that the bad reviews could wait until the patch comes. The game itself is pretty awesome, the huge open world is quite stunning with sleeker graphics and more wildlife. The playability is near endless because of the huge world and lots of quest, mining, smithing and so on, so you will not run out of things to do. the controls is good and the upgrade system is good. so overall the game is a must have and im sure it up for a GOTYA. Expand
  69. Nov 20, 2011
    I absolubtely despised RPG's. No RPG was good enough for me. Skyrim changed that. An absolutely great game that will keep you glued to the couch. Instead of being like most games ( follow a linear path, shoot, repeat) this game defines RPG's. One of the best games in the market.
  70. Nov 15, 2011
    Great game.... environment is outstanding. I would give it a 9.5. The amount of quests you get can be overwhelming and you can get lost in the plot. Also there are a few crashes and bugs. But that doesn't ruin the experience. If you are looking for a pure RPG... get this game.
  71. May 3, 2014
    After the slow start on PS3, the patch fixed most issues and the game is very good. There is so much to do, and while some things will become repetitive, this is still worth picking up. Hundreds of hours of potential gameplay.
  72. Mar 21, 2012
    Glitches have stunted the experience slightly but overall this is a game worth playing. It's big, beautiful and ready to steal your time. It's amazing how much it's like a real world, if this is the future than the future will be good. The patches have finally fixed the horrible lag issues and now it's actually a really great game! Well done Bethesda for "finally" fixing the issues butGlitches have stunted the experience slightly but overall this is a game worth playing. It's big, beautiful and ready to steal your time. It's amazing how much it's like a real world, if this is the future than the future will be good. The patches have finally fixed the horrible lag issues and now it's actually a really great game! Well done Bethesda for "finally" fixing the issues but next time don't you DARE ever let it happen again or it will be OFF WITH YOUR HEADS! Expand
  73. Nov 26, 2013
    Take this from someone who owns both the PC and PS3 version. If you own a PC and can confirm that it can run Skyrim, then I highly recommend purchasing the PC version over the PS3.

PC Pros:
    - Improved graphics and overall game performance
    - Ability and access to a large community modding library
    - Hot keys (SERIOUSLY IMPORTANT)
    PC Cons:
    - The cost of a PC. (usually high than a PS3)
  74. Aug 10, 2013
    Skyrim is one of the best open world RPG's of all time. If you're a TES The Elder Scrolls fan you will love this game. If you've never played a TES game before but you like RPG's chances are you will like this game. You don't have to have played any of the previous TES games to understand this game or to fully enjoy it. You create your own character from scratch, You can choose a raceSkyrim is one of the best open world RPG's of all time. If you're a TES The Elder Scrolls fan you will love this game. If you've never played a TES game before but you like RPG's chances are you will like this game. You don't have to have played any of the previous TES games to understand this game or to fully enjoy it. You create your own character from scratch, You can choose a race from 10 different playable races. They all have their own abilities but you can play whatever way you like with any one of them. You can do whatever you want, however you want, whenever you want. Of course there is a main story you're Dragonborn a prophesied hero born into the world in a time of civil war and a time when dragons have come back. You can fight the dragons and find out why they have come back and what your purpose is, You can join either side in the civil war and there are also numerous other factions in which you can join. If you like being an assassin you can join the dark brotherhood a group of assassins, If you like to be a thief you can join a thief's guild, If you like Magic there is a Mage's guild, If you like fighting in combat there is a fighter's guild The companions They all have their own main story and many side stories as well. Skyrim has many, many side stories and you will be able to put hundreds of hours into this game before you even come close to completing it.

The graphics are very, very good, The combat and magic is solid and enjoyable, The music is phenomenal and if you like to get lost within another world in Skyrim you can do just that. The game did come originally with glitches, frame rate drops, freezing and some other problems. But since then they have all been patched and the game runs near perfect now.

So in conclusion if you want a game where you can be whoever you want to be and do whatever you want to do that also has a good story, lots to do, with good graphics, gameplay mechanics and you like RPG's/Action adventure games Skyrim is an absolute must buy. It got game of the year and well deserved.
  75. Apr 21, 2014
    The greatest video gaming experience I've ever had.

Before I got into the game, I'd always heard of it, but never played. When I started playing it, I got hooked in it. The gorgeous open world, with over 400 locations just make it great. Lots of quests, infinite hours of gameplay, and such a great addition to a great franchise. Character creation really has improved, as well as the
    The greatest video gaming experience I've ever had.

Character creation really has improved, as well as the AI on each character. The voices are much improved as well, since Oblivion.

One common complaint it that it is "too easy" if so, go to your journal, and then settings, and change the difficulty. I recommend Apprentice or Adept for those on level 30-50, and then adept level from anywhere higher.

The amount of in game lore is incredible and quite stunning. As well as the development in the world, from simple things like how characters react to one and other, to the amazing post-quest dialogues.

10/10 from me
  76. Nov 20, 2014
    An Immersive, outstanding RPG and one of the best ever made in its genre. Laughable that any 'review' could give it any less than 9/10.

Good - Huge, beautiful and immersive world with almost limitless role play possibilities and gameplay choices. Like all truly great games, you can sink hours into Skyrim without really doing much in the game. The main story, while not as well suited to all players races as Oblvions is excellent and fits perfectly into the land of the Nords. The overall gameplay is far superior to any scrolls game that has come before. JUst a great, great game with potentially thousands of hours of gameplay.

Bad - Yes there are some bugs that persist even today and some can be frustrating. Lore wise its just not as open ended as oblivion; if you care about such things as I do, you would never choose a Dragonborn to be anything but a Nord or maybe Imperial, anything else would be stupid.

Verdict - Any game of this scale is going to have bugs, some smaller ones have never been fixed, but that doesn't stop Skyrim from being a truly great game and possibly the best rpg ever made. 9/10, FACT.
  77. Dec 25, 2011
    First off, I put over 135 hours into this game so far and the game runs as good as the first day that I started playing it. -This is most likely because of the update that I installed recently, but it's also because I create a new save file every-time that I save until I run out of save slots and simply start overwriting them-. Anyways, aside from what most "user" critics say, Skyrim in myFirst off, I put over 135 hours into this game so far and the game runs as good as the first day that I started playing it. -This is most likely because of the update that I installed recently, but it's also because I create a new save file every-time that I save until I run out of save slots and simply start overwriting them-. Anyways, aside from what most "user" critics say, Skyrim in my opinion feels like the smoothest game to come from Bethesda in a very long time (smother than Oblivion and Fallout). Now there are a few bugs, but that barley even scratches the surface of this masterpiece. The graphics are better, the main story feels more significant, and combat has even improved. So honestly I would give this game atleast an 8-9 considering the minor flaws, but seriously? Even if Skyrim's bug were as bad as people claim they are, giving a game like this a 0 is just childish nonsense. Grow up people. Expand
  78. Sep 13, 2014
    The PS3 got the worst version of Skyrim, but even so, I can't give it anything less than a 10. Skyrim is a masterpiece, and one of the greatest pieces of entertainment ever created.

I don't have to tell you how amazing the world of Skyrim is, you'll have to live it. Even the few quirks (and glitches) of the game are overwhelmed by how well everything else was done. The attention to detail is amazing. There are a few things I wished it would have done better, like the frequency of the dragon fights. Once you've slewed your 20th dragon, the sense of wonder is gone. Still, I don't think I've ever played a better videogame.

As for the PS3, while the graphics have been downgraded dramatically as updates go by, the main ruiner of the game's experience is the ridiculous load times. I think I have spent at least 15% of the time I've played this game staring at a loading screen. When this time adds up to hundreds of hours of gameplay, it becomes staggering. Hope you didn't forget anything important once you open that door, because to get it back, you'll have to wait a few minutes.

Yes, the PC version is the gold standard, but I like that in the console where you are not allowed to tinker with the game, it retains its purity. At the time of this writing, I hope Skyrim makes it to the PS4, and improves over the PS3.
  79. Dec 8, 2011
    Spectacular game. Everyhting about it is awesome, after getting my third dragon shout the game got even better. Good job bethesda, keep up the good work and hopefully make a really good DLC for this game because im definitely getting it :)
  80. Nov 20, 2011
    One of the best games I have played. There is a few bugs here and there but the thousands of awesome features make up for those completely. This should get Game of the Year.
  81. Nov 12, 2011
    Totally amazing!! the most important game of the year. WE ARE FREE to do all we want to is this virtual world, you dont like the history missions? go and kill everybody, hunt, marry someone, investigate, read books... grat graphics for this game (we cant wait por u3 graphics) absolutly amazing music, and a great world. maybe it's not a game for everyone, but if you come to skyrim, feelTotally amazing!! the most important game of the year. WE ARE FREE to do all we want to is this virtual world, you dont like the history missions? go and kill everybody, hunt, marry someone, investigate, read books... grat graphics for this game (we cant wait por u3 graphics) absolutly amazing music, and a great world. maybe it's not a game for everyone, but if you come to skyrim, feel it's power, you'll see that this game is pure love.(sorry for my english) Expand
  82. Nov 13, 2011
    let me just start of by saying that this game is probaly one of the best rpg's i have ever played. All you people reading this review are probaly "thinking hold on a sec how can you make such a bold statement".This game has exceeded my expectations skyrim is filled with massive amounts of quest which are all fun and interesting in their own way. skyrim also has a perk system which lets youlet me just start of by saying that this game is probaly one of the best rpg's i have ever played. All you people reading this review are probaly "thinking hold on a sec how can you make such a bold statement".This game has exceeded my expectations skyrim is filled with massive amounts of quest which are all fun and interesting in their own way. skyrim also has a perk system which lets you play the way you want to play as. Todd Howard wasnt lieing when he made that statement.The graphics are visually impressive aswell. This is a must have for any role playing fan,also this is Bethesdas best work. well bye everyone I gotta go back to playing skyrim Expand
  83. Feb 17, 2012
    i already reviewed this but after seeing all the trolls on here i have to re-submit. me and many of my friends played this game for many, many hours on ps3. i played it over 140 hours myself. yes, there was some frame-rate and other minor stuff but considering how literally HUGE this game is it is just not that big of a deal. i'll bet at least half of these people giving the game 0 on herei already reviewed this but after seeing all the trolls on here i have to re-submit. me and many of my friends played this game for many, many hours on ps3. i played it over 140 hours myself. yes, there was some frame-rate and other minor stuff but considering how literally HUGE this game is it is just not that big of a deal. i'll bet at least half of these people giving the game 0 on here are just repeating what they've heard and not even trying the game. it's a great game, maybe the best ever. if you like rpgs you HAVE TO play this or you are missing out on the best. period. haters go get your platinum trophies (like me) and then tell me the game doesn't work. Expand
  84. Mar 13, 2012
    637 negative reviews + 60 mixed reviews = almost 700 people who need to BACK AWAY FROM THE BONG! LOL! Just kidding. The only thing I can think of is that the PS3 version of the game had a few serious bugs when it first came out. On my video game review, I gave this game a 9, simply because the main plot line plus the awesome side-quests MORE than made up for the bugs and glitches. When I637 negative reviews + 60 mixed reviews = almost 700 people who need to BACK AWAY FROM THE BONG! LOL! Just kidding. The only thing I can think of is that the PS3 version of the game had a few serious bugs when it first came out. On my video game review, I gave this game a 9, simply because the main plot line plus the awesome side-quests MORE than made up for the bugs and glitches. When I beat the main story, I felt like I had REALLY accomplished something! Load this page into your browser if you wish to see my video review of the game: http://youtu.be/cqysFqaKzTs And you are cordially invited to visit and subscribe to my You Tube Christian gaming channel, Gaming 4 Jesus: http://www.youtube.com/Gaming4Jesus . Expand
  85. May 8, 2012
    I bought skyrim when it came out & have had very little problems with the game. It has it's flaws but overall it's the most fun/ cherished game I have in my ps3 collection. When the flaws greatly out weigh the good stuff in the game that's when you have problems.. Luckily I never experienced any of that.
  86. Nov 30, 2014
    It's almost 2015 and the bugs seem to have been resolved. This is a great game, but for some reason, I can't finish it after playing from the beginning 3 times. I get close to finishing, but if I take too much time off from the game, I forget where I am and the immersion is gone. It's also too easy after about mid game. It's a massive game, but most of the terrain is in the same coldIt's almost 2015 and the bugs seem to have been resolved. This is a great game, but for some reason, I can't finish it after playing from the beginning 3 times. I get close to finishing, but if I take too much time off from the game, I forget where I am and the immersion is gone. It's also too easy after about mid game. It's a massive game, but most of the terrain is in the same cold mountainous region. I know it's Skyrim, but it's a dreary setting everywhere unlike Oblivion which is more mixed.

Despite these minor complaints, Skyrim has a huge world and I'm proof that you could spend years exploring it and still not see it all. If my PS3 still worked, I would look forward to trying yet again from the beginning in a few months.
  87. Jul 14, 2014
    By far one of the greatest games I've ever played.even if it had lag issues on ps3 the fame itself is among my top list...how can u rate 0 an elder scrolls game. I've spent like 200 hours on ps3...and 200 more on pc nodded...
  88. Nov 12, 2011
    To me this game is the pinnacle of RPG gaming this generation. Everything about it is above and beyond what was great about Oblivion and Morrowind. For the people concerned that the new "streamlining" has removed RPG depth, I can say that I didn't experience that at all. The leveling and perk systems are deep and varied and have significant effects on gameplay- much more so than some ofTo me this game is the pinnacle of RPG gaming this generation. Everything about it is above and beyond what was great about Oblivion and Morrowind. For the people concerned that the new "streamlining" has removed RPG depth, I can say that I didn't experience that at all. The leveling and perk systems are deep and varied and have significant effects on gameplay- much more so than some of the aspects of leveling in Oblivion. If you are a PC gamer you will no doubt be waiting anxiously for mods to alter the user interface, but if that's the case leave your bad reviews for the PC version. For the consoles, the menu scheme is terrific and a HUGE improvement over Oblivion. The game is huge, it's as beautiful as it can possibly be using the old console hardware, the quests are varied and much more fleshed out than in Oblivion. Easily a 10/10 and my choice for Game of the Year for 2011. Expand
  89. Jul 25, 2012
    This game is still being played, however on a pc not the ps3 due to lack of support. It is still playable, but there are several broken quests that cannot be completed. This game is so huge it should be rated on a scale of 0..15 not 10. I would still give it a 15 out of 15 because of the sheer beauty of the game on the PS3. it plays a bit soft though, I'm playing at the highest levelThis game is still being played, however on a pc not the ps3 due to lack of support. It is still playable, but there are several broken quests that cannot be completed. This game is so huge it should be rated on a scale of 0..15 not 10. I would still give it a 15 out of 15 because of the sheer beauty of the game on the PS3. it plays a bit soft though, I'm playing at the highest level and am challenged somewhat but not the Demons Souls level of challenge. Expand
  90. Jan 1, 2015
    The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim is epic in scope. Customization options are terrific, and within the framework of the game are only limited by your time investment. Exploration is remarkable, with numerous memorable locations.
  91. Dec 8, 2011
    I have not experienced any of the issues shown below, maybe i am one of the lucky ones. The game is very long and will keep you occupied for a long time the interface has significantly been improved from the previous oblivion game and the leveling up system is really addictive, Great variety of creatures and animals to hunt and fight, it can be quiet eery at night when you here all theI have not experienced any of the issues shown below, maybe i am one of the lucky ones. The game is very long and will keep you occupied for a long time the interface has significantly been improved from the previous oblivion game and the leveling up system is really addictive, Great variety of creatures and animals to hunt and fight, it can be quiet eery at night when you here all the creatures groaning and growling and you don't know where they are i have certainly pooped my pants at several occasions, Graphics look good from a distance but when you get up close all is revealed, textures are blurry and low res, great looking world though, mountains and hills that can be seen and explored, every thing you see can be explored basically. Buy this game but perhaps wait until they release another patch you might not be as lucky as me. Expand
  92. Nov 12, 2011
    Magical is really the best word to describe this game. Sure, the close combat is not that great, but everything else is amazing. They really improved on the magic and I love that. The menu system takes a little time to get used to for those of us who have played Oblivion, but it's so simple once you do. The graphics are astonishing. You can tell they really tried with all the littleMagical is really the best word to describe this game. Sure, the close combat is not that great, but everything else is amazing. They really improved on the magic and I love that. The menu system takes a little time to get used to for those of us who have played Oblivion, but it's so simple once you do. The graphics are astonishing. You can tell they really tried with all the little details. There are some bugs, but what do you expect? Every game has bugs. Expand
  93. Nov 13, 2011
    I love this game. It takes a while to get into at first. It took me about 8 hours in before things were getting really good. The game is designed well. There's a bugs/glitches, but that's to be expected for sandbox style games. Very fun and engrossing. It's well made because the main campaign becomes very difficult if you're not leveled up enough, which forces you to explore and doI love this game. It takes a while to get into at first. It took me about 8 hours in before things were getting really good. The game is designed well. There's a bugs/glitches, but that's to be expected for sandbox style games. Very fun and engrossing. It's well made because the main campaign becomes very difficult if you're not leveled up enough, which forces you to explore and do other quests. There are side quests with amazing detail that aren't even part of the main campaign.

I'm giving it a 9 though because there are a few technical issues I don't agree with.
  94. Nov 15, 2011
    Yes, yes, yes.
    GET THIS GAME! Where do i start. The new engine looks amazing in action, there is an endless (literally) amount of content.
    (Once again i stress ENDLESS) and its going to F**** UP YOUR LIFE! You play as a Dragonborn who can perform "Shouts". You start of about to be excecuted before *Not going to spoil*. After that your thrust into a world with infinite possiblities. Murder
    Yes, yes, yes.
    (Once again i stress ENDLESS) and its going to F**** UP YOUR LIFE!
    You play as a Dragonborn who can perform "Shouts". You start of about to be excecuted before *Not going to spoil*. After that your thrust into a world with infinite possiblities. Murder everyone? Go help village people?

To steal from another review, It's a fantastic virtual experience, deep history, superb gameplay, beautiful graphics, majestic music, in short, an incredible journey for all people who love video games. Its exactly that. Go do your PC, Xbox or PS3 proud and GET THIS GAME! Even if your not into this sort of stuff, it just may convert you.

Oh and, there ARE bugs, just thought you should know. Nothing game breaking.
  95. Nov 25, 2012
    I dont understand all the negative reviews? Everything they say is wrong? I loved this game, it isn't buggy AT ALL, the graphics are AMAZING, The storyline is epic. i loved this game, and i certainly recommend it to everyone who likes RPG Games.
  96. Apr 29, 2013
    Probably the best money I have ever spent on entertainment/relaxation. This game incorporates so many different elements and investments of time that it suited any mood I was in. Whether ready for a long involved quest with story, discovery and challenge, or just a 15-20 minute easy adventure this is the perfect game.
    The enormous scope of variety and discovery makes this game never get
    The enormous scope of variety and discovery makes this game never get old.

However! Even though I gave the GAME itself 10 points, the Playstation version should probably only get a 7 due to the number of bugs and amount of time sitting around waiting for loading. But I didn't have it in me to give it a lower score.
  97. Oct 5, 2013
    How did they do this? I developed my character the way I wanted and the gameplay stayed balanced and challenging till the awesome conclusion, shame they released a poor version at first, that Nintendo like quality control is becoming rare on consoles. One of the most vast, entertaining games ever made.
  98. Nov 14, 2011
    READ THIS PLEASE.
    READ THIS PLEASE.
    This is not supposed to be a review because we all know how good the game is. This is a response to all negative reviews out there. Obviously negative and mixed reviews are the outcome of comparison syndrome, lack of fantasy, ps3 version ( medium graphics, bad framerate - performance ) or bad pc specifications ( which result in poor graphics - performance ). I like fantasy games and since i started Skyrim i still cannot believe the amount of graphical and gameplay immersion i get out of this game (i own a good pc which runs the game at 1080p, ultra high @ 60+ fps). Music? Effects? Dialogues? Story(ies)? Clans? Enormous terrain? Unlimited freedom? Dragons? Spells? Epic battles? Finishing moves? Beautiful landscapes? Mounts? Houses? Marriage? Followers? Thousands of items? 150+ hand crafted dungeons? Alchemy? Smithing? Cooking? Working? Do you really want me to continue to name more? Because i can! Yeah as some people say, bethesda didn't create something new...Lame trolls. If you are a gamer just do yourself this present magnificent present and install, play it, love it.
  99. Dec 15, 2011
    I've never seen the Trolls so organized! Is this the beginning of the end for user reviews?

A critical flaw for Metacritic... I'm saving my endearing review for 1up, who'll screen. This is clearly in the top 5 video games of all time. Minor flaws, who cares. So does your wife.
  100. Nov 16, 2011
    this is the most epic game i have ever had the privilege of playing. The npc's,dragons,quests and dungeons there all amazing. the true show stealer however is the world of skyrim. the scale is amazing. you will find yourself wondering aimlessly for hours just to see whats round the next corner. If you don't buy this you need help. SIMPLES!!!!

1. This is a game full of emotions for gamers who are willing to embrace it. A beautiful fantasy land that makes loading times a thing of the past and is full of surprises. Not only do you get a lot of variety in the locations, the gameplay offers a lot of different experiences as well. [December 2011, p.66]
  2. Dec 28, 2011
    I enjoyed Skyrim and I look forward to the DLC that we know is inevitably coming. If we looked at this honestly, though, this game probably should have been pushed back a month or so for more polish. It needed it and it still does.
  3. Skyrim is a gorgeous production that truly does justice to the words "roleplaying game." It doesn't just tell us a story, it gives us the chance to tell a story of our own. At its best, that's what an interactive art form should be all about. [Jan 2011, p.73]