6.2

1. Nov 21, 2011
    A video game experience truly incredible! Skyrim still has some bugs, but it really is nothing compared to the pleasure of freedom that the game brings. For me the best game of the year 2011 (any style combined). Congratulations Bethesda
  2. Nov 21, 2011
    This is quite possibly one of the best video games I have ever played. So much to see and do, explore and experience. I have put in almost an entire week worth of playing and still haven't done it all, it is amazing and should be played. The is nothing more awesome then charging down a field with an axe in hand chasing after a dragon while yelling at the top of your lungs. The music as always for a Bethesda game, is incredible. The combat, is fun, (Fireball is a particularly fun spell to see your enemies get blown back when they are defeated) and engaging. The game is everything I would hope it to be and in some ways, more. However, the bugs, particularly on PS3 are annoying. Most of the time they are small and silly, like the pile of twitching dragon corpses in the College of Winterhold that I've seemed to acquire that pending on when you load the area are in different locations or in the walls. But others, like the frame rate drop can make the game unplayable for a period (when it gets really bad I restart the game which fixes the problem for a time, but still, it shouldn't happen.) So, hopefully the forthcoming patches will fix the issues, but until then I can only give the game a 9 out of 10 rather then the 10 out of 10 I want to give. Expand
  3. Apr 29, 2013
    Skyrim leaves the lasting impression that it truly will be a game that doesn’t end, a never ending story if you will, and it creates the sort of vibrant world that you know will continue to exist even after you have decided to no longer take part in its wondrous offerings of freedom and fantasy.
    The most surreal thing about playing such an expansive and sprawling world is the fact that
    while playing it, I truly wanted to get lost in this realm of Tamriel, whether it was pacing through the snow in Winterhold or standing atop the waterfall-laden city of Markarth, there is such an endless amount of sight-seeing and exploration to be had in this game before you even consider the stories being told.
    Without delving too much into the main quest, simply because there are that many side missions and stories that it seems unfair to dwell, your character is in fact a Dragonborn, and of course dragons seem to have returned to Skyrim for unknown reasons, and you are tasked with finding out the nature of their visit, but also try and heal relations between The Imperials and the Stormcloak rebellion. But of course our own Dragonborn must deal with everything else that he is being tasked with around this fast land.
    Whether you are learning a ‘Dragon Shout” or simply taking out your sword for close combat, the opportunities are endless as to what can be achieved in the remarkable game.
    As our hero is tasked with these shouts, which enable him to reach into the very soul of the dragons and basically use their powers, clear the sky of a storm, create a thunderstorm, breathe fire or even call a fallen soldier to your aid, these are all options, and that is only shouts, not magic. Magic can be used through Ice, Lightning or even Fire, whether your’e simply wanting to inflame a wolf who is giving you grief or go to extreme lengths and try to take down a dragon, the supernatural means are all on offer.
    The customisation of your character is indeed endless, after picking from a vast array of races, you can begin upgrading your character with anything you can get your hands on.
    Walk around in a simple rag if you want to, or why not join the Thieves Guild, work your way up and possess the fantastic Nightingale armour, or even steal the clothing from an Imperial guard, along with his gold, a key to his chest or even a house.
    But why stop there? Why not buy your very own property? Kit it out with whatever is on offer and even store all your baggage that you don’t want to sell or get rid of but simply cannot carry it anymore. The game truly offers another life for you to take control of and do as you see fit.
    But of course a game this vast and sprawling doesn’t come without its own baggage, and unfortunately this fifth entry into the Elder Scrolls universe is not without its problems. In terms of gameplay, the movement itself of NPCs and yourself still aren’t on par with games of the same generation, and the combat is in the most sincere way, woeful. Bethesda still cannot seem to incorporate a workable and enjoyable style of hand to hand combat without it looking tired and annoying, shields and swords are heavily upgradeable, but I found myself managing to come into possession of a wonderful sword, but equipping it to one hand with a fireball spell on the other, the motion of fighting is still very dark-age looking and should be given more time to improve upon. The game does also come with gltiches a plenty, and while some are just plain hilarious (getting thrown 100 feet in the air simply by falling from my horse) most are frustrating to the point of having to restart the console or last save game.
    But these little inklings aside, Skyrim itself is just bursting with untainted beauty. Staring out at the glaciers in the distance, sure just go for a walk to them and bathe in the environment around you, there is the best chance that you will encounter a side mission that just might sound interesting, retrieve a book from a derelict cave or go and do the bidding of a god. When this much detail goes into a game, it would just be insulting not to give it a try, with epic needing to be used in every sentence about this wonderful fantasy, it truly is one of the best games to ever grace a console, and will be enough to keep many occupied for a long time to come.
  4. Nov 21, 2011
    The only reason I made an account on this website is so I could review this game. This IS one of the best games of all time, period. Do not let anyone say otherwise. Currently the only issues I have had with this game have been the frame rate slowdowns and some NPC and graphical glitches, but nothing that cant be sorted with a patch. Now I could produce a giant list about what is so mind blowing about this game so i will try and make this as brief as possible. This World itself is one of the best game worlds ever, everything feels so alive. The graphics for a world as open and as HUGE as this are outstanding, there is literally UNLIMITED amounts to do meaning that the lifespan on this game is forever. Also with so much to do, the developers have done a fantastic job of making it all so interesting. Im currently level 28 and have played now for around 35 hours and I have barely scratched the surface. The only game that i personally think can compete with this would be Fallout 3, however a new day has arrived and it is skyrim. Think of this game as the Beatles or Metallica, its going to be remembered and loved for some time. Im going to end this review now because I want to carry on playing this game, but be warned this game is truly addicting and once your hooked and see, you will think any other game is average in comparison. Expand
  5. Nov 21, 2011
    I never played any of the Elder Scrolls games before Skyrim, and I admit that I rushed into buying it the day it came out but I am really glad I did because it really is an amazing game. Sure, there are a few things that need to be fixed up but that can be expected with a new release. I highly recommend buying Skyrim, you wont regret it.
  6. Nov 21, 2011
    my words are unworthy to describe this game. it is simply a masterpiece. i've been playing for probably 20 hours yet it feels i've barely scratched the surface. the graphics are beautiful, the spells and weapons stylish, and the enemies epic.
  7. Nov 22, 2011
    There are only a few games I buy for $60, and this is definitely one of them. It is just simply amazing, great graphics/environment, good storyline, and very, very open world. Bugs are to be expected on occasion, and when the save file starts to get bigger expect glitches/freezing. They are in the process of fixing this, but seeing as New Vegas went, it might be a little while. I only have two issues with the title; Kids, and Quest NPC's. If you can't kill something then you shouldn't put it in a elder scrolls title should you? If you commit a crime, it stops you from being able to kill all witnesses... Expand
  8. Nov 22, 2011
    This Game is completely 100% amazing, the graphics are superb, storytelling is fantastic and the gameplay is legendary. The Elder Scrolls is a world famnous gaming franchise, known for the complete freedom that it offers and just how purely fun it is. Arena, was an amazing game at the time, Daggerfall was HUUUGE, Morrowind was revolutionary, Oblivion was great, and now Skyrim is utterly perfect. I have been seriously gaming since i was 6, when Arena came out, and I honestly havent seen a game quite like Skyrim, ever. I highly reccommend this game for the casual gamers, serious gamers, posers, and posers who are posing to be posers. If you want a good game, please buy TES V Skyrim Expand
  9. Nov 23, 2011
    Only about 20 hours in but Skyrim just keeps getting bigger and bigger. This is a staggering experience that will be in my game rotation for months to come. My only gripe is the cumbersome menu and load times.
  10. Nov 26, 2011
    In my first 100 hours of this game I have joined a cult of cannibals, killed over 10 dragons, plundered countless dungeons, assassinated several political officials, became a werewolf, and became the head of a band of thieves.â
  11. Nov 25, 2011
    I cannot praise this game enough! I really did not get on with Oblivion. It had a steep learning curve and came accross quite dull to me. In Skyrim they have simplified the gameplay, made the quests far more involving and exciting and generally improved the feel of the game. This is a huge leap forward in my opinion. I am not sure how people can say that this game has no substance. I cant stop playing and have now been playing for arounf 60 hours on quests alone! Amazing depth and dare I say I may even replay the game which is rare for me.

Simply put...AMAZING!
  12. Nov 25, 2011
    WOW alot of people wanna crucify this game due to a few problem. Yes the ps3 version has some bugs for the minorty of players but the vast experience you can have within this game, even before the 6mb problem is huge, it has been said that no two players will experience skyrim the same i believe tha.t i even believe that if i played it from start to finish again it would be a totally new experience. yes this gme has some bugs , should it of been released like this maybe not but i would rather play it now and wait for the patch then wait 6 months du to a postponed release. Expand
  13. Feb 11, 2012
    Apart from the bugs(which a lot were fixed with a recent patch), I have thoroughly enjoyed this game. I played it for three straight months, and didn't really play any other game. Hopefully, Bethesda eventually will fix all the frame rate issues and I think user scores will be much more positive.
  14. Dec 3, 2011
    I used to hate Skyrim's bugs, then they took an arrow to the knee. The fact that review scores lower than 10 are legal for this game is an atrocity and must be stopped immediately.
  15. Nov 27, 2011
    I have spent around 80 hours in it, and have accomplished nothing of significance. I enjoy the beautiful sunset and sunrise like a goof. Read every damn book I can find. Cook everything I can muster. Talk to every single person, irrelevant or not. Work the mill, or the grain, not knowing what the hell it does. Why? Because this game lets me live and play exactly how I want too, and it is near perfection in every category. Well, kinda buggy. But those are often funny haha BUY or DIE. Expand
  16. Nov 27, 2011
    well im already seeing 10s and 0s for user reviews for skyrim, and im shocked. this game, is a heavenly god blessed masterpiece of mankind that our species shall treasure for the rest of time!!! now im not gunna be another person who will give this game a 10 but i will give it a 10. the graphics are outstanding, but faces can be bad at times and expected glitches are still there. the gameplay is almost perfect, magic in one hand, an axe in the other, my favorite combo. story was good, yet the main quest was shorter than i thought, but all the side quests and exploring make up for it. overall skyrim is the greatest rpg ive played in my life. enough said Expand
  17. Nov 27, 2011
    This game is amazing. Great graphics and endless possibilities are to be found in this game. Might be tough to get through some quests but that's the fun part, you gotta think to get through. I do recommend!
  18. Nov 29, 2011
    This game is fantastic on numerous levels! Yea its a bit buggy but that's to be expected with a game of this magnitude and already a patch has been released to fix several problems. I have had the game freeze a couple times but luckily you can set the auto save feature to save as frequently as you like so playing over whole levels and such isn't a problem. Otherwise I have logged nearly 80 to 90 hours of game play into it and still have a huge amount of stuff still to do.The game looks fantastic and the soundtrack is awesome! The menus are easy to navigate and weapon swapping has been made much easier. By far the most bang for your buck your going to see for a long time. I highly recommend every gamer to pick this up and just let it consume you. Expand
  19. Nov 29, 2011
    SKYRIM...HOLY S**T

Pros:
    -THIS GAME IS HUGE! Out of the all the games I played this year even some that I consider better than this, Skyrim is the only game I am playing that even after finishing important task there is still more to do. My Quest log is flooded with Side Quests and I just bought the game two days before this review. Not to mention there is DLC planned. Say goodbye to real
    life.
    -Presentation is outstanding. Soundtrack is amazing and makes me pumped up. Graphics are gorgeous especially when played on a suped up PC.
    -Combat is fun and dynamic. I don't exactly know how much combat has changed but overall, fighting in the game is a blast.
    -The ability to do whatever you want. Spoiler-Free Example: I was told to kill someone, but when I approached him he had backup, and I was weak. Then he convinced me to help him which meant trapping and arresting the person that told me to kill him. It was at this moment that I felt that I made the wrong decision, I could no longer do the good deed that I wanted. However, when the trap was initiated, he was all alone, and it was at this moment I realized that I can kill this guy. Problem solved...This game kicks ass.

Cons:
    -This game is too big...I not negating points but the game's massive scale does become overwhelming after a while especially when traveling in the game takes a great amount of time.
    -NPCs are lifeless. Compare the NPCs in this game to the NPCs in Mass Effect 2. In ME2, NPCs were presented through cutscenes and had human like movements making you immersed in the actual game and it's world even if the conversations were from third-person perspective. In Skyrim, when you commit a crime, guards approach you in their battle stance while you stand still in your tracks. Come on Bethesda, haven't we come to that point in gaming were we actually want to care about what we are fighting for. Even in the first Dragon Age, your character was silent and yet I felt more engrossed in the game.
    -The User Interface is hard to use and has steep learning curve. The ability to preview your character is no longer available for some odd reason. -Bethesda's Bug infamous launch bug problem, however, these can be fixed.
    -While the game has some beautiful graphics, a lot of character models are unattractive and could've use a bit more clean-up. -Some of the voice acting, while excellent, is weird in the sense that character are trying to do accents and are failing.
    -While improved from it's predecessors and advances the series forward, the game doesn't contain anything that could influence the way we play games unlike other games that I have played this year.

Overall, if you are a gamer then go purchase Skyrim, no questions asked. I myself am not a fan of most RPGs and yet this game is addicting. If you are a casual gamer, then forgive me because I can't recommend this game to you even if you want to try. GOTY? To you maybe, for me no. Game that will ruin my life? Yes.
  20. Nov 29, 2011
    Skyrim, this is a game that will not let you live your life: you will be at work, thinking of this game, making out with your girl, Thinking of Skyrim. A beautifully crafted world, where you can almost smell the environment, If you do not own this game.. it is a must, not possible to just rent. I would give an in depth review, but there is no need.. because you just have to trust the reviews on this one... Unless of course you don't like good games.. in that case, COD is the clear choice for you. Expand
  21. Nov 30, 2011
    This game is amazing. I sit and play it for hours but it only feels like a few minutes. All of the side quests make you feel like you are doing something important and that you really can influence this world. If you are not playing this game you are missing out.
  22. Dec 2, 2011
    This is probably one of the best games I've played in a long time it is great in every way the graphics are awesome, the game play is outstanding and this game is 10 times better than, but don't get me wrong Oblivion was a great game also, but I think Bethesda really got this game right.
  23. Dec 3, 2011
    I loved Morrowind (especially levitation), didn't care for Oblivion (played on PC back then), and now Skyrim. I didn't know what to expect since my PC is not "updated", so I decided to buy PS3 version. So many players have complained about the bugs, I have not experiences single one after 60+ hours (except mammoths not going to water). And if I ever will any serious ones in this game, I wouldn't care that much. I have NEVER played as visually beautiful game as Skyrim, not on PC not on PS3. Jeremy Soule made amazing job with soundtrack and NPC's with their daily routines are convincing. As so many others, I have barely touched main quest, my kids are shouting : "Dragon! Kill it daddy" or "Go over there, there are some ruins, maybe we find some demons" have been my experience of Skyrim :). I do miss attributes from previous installments, but perks are a nice addition, but they do not compensate simplified structure of attributes. I have always appreciated Bethesda's skills creating awesome games, and with Skyrim they really made something special. If you have not purchased game yet, DO IT IMMEDIATELY! Doesn't matter are you playing PC/xbox/ or PS3. Expand
  24. Mar 6, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. to sweaty gamers who enjoy an adventure and earning loads of trophies and like fantasy games skyrim is the one for you! it contains very good graphics with loads of different characters to choose from at the start i choose argoniun which basically is a lizard that can stand on his own two feet and walks like a crippled raptor of jurassic park. Also i choose him because he has an ability to breath under water forever and is immune to diseases. however there are some lags on the game, once i was trying to complete a quest and on the way i found a little curved wall with some weird writing on it and then i looked UP! it was a bloody dragon and my first thought was to wipe my ring because it was full of turd but then the dragon couldn't move (LAG) so i decided to fus ru dah him off the cliff into the water to feed the slaughter fish. but seriously now i think this game is the almost perfect rpg and you can spend countless hours on the game getting new weapons, new magika spells and if your lucky you can get hit by a vampire and become one of them.9/10 Expand
  25. Dec 5, 2011
    Amazing game!!! Don't listen to the haters. Great performance and amazing graphics. Simply the best RPG available on the PS3. It seriously doesn't get better than this. You will be lost in the game for hours on end.
  26. Dec 6, 2011
    Broken game, I reached 49 hours of play time and now my save file is so large that the game has a fps of 0.

I want a refund.

** COMPLETELY BROKEN ON THE PS3 ** The game contains an issue which has thousands of people complaining, from IGN to the official Bethesda boards. The game is big, it's ambitious, and it's amazing, but it's just not set up right on the PS3 system. Look at the links
    below, where a Fallout New Vegas developer explains why. http://forums.bethsoft.com/index.php?/topic/1303536-new-vegas-developer-comments-on-ps3-lag-issues/ http://uk.ps3.ign.com/articles/121/1213924p1.html http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-vs-ps3-skyrim-lag http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cUoDfO1pWto ** PLEASE NOTE ** The game may be worth picking up on the Xbox 360 or the PC, but until Bethesda completely fixes this issue for the PS3 version, people must be warned. Expand
  27. Dec 6, 2011
    I Love it how some nerd got completely angered by this game that he bothered to create tens of profiles with different names just to rag on this game. Honestly, did you not think it suspcious that every one of your posts is rated 0 and was enetered on the 5th of december? I mean really if you have nothing better to do than sit at home making fake names, you really need to take a look at your life. Skyrim is an excellent game, glitches aside this game it definately a contender for game of the year. Expand
  28. Dec 6, 2011
    This game is amazing. I've put well over 60 hours into it, which equates to more than an hour of game time per dollar. That's a lot of value when you consider the 10-20 hours that most games give. And to top it off, I'm no where near finished with the game.

The game is beautiful, the music is beautiful, and the game play is a blast.

I pre-ordered this game and brought it home at
    midnight, and haven't regretted it once, well, except for all the time I've put into it that I could have been doing school work. Expand
  29. Dec 6, 2011
    This game is amazing. The graphics are good, and it's a lot of fun to play. I see a lot of people complaining about problems with the PS3 version, but I haven't seen most of it. My game started to stutter after 60 hours and a 9mb+ save file, and the patch fixed it. It's froze once in the whole time I've been playing, and I haven't had any broken quests or NPC's. The combat is a a lot of fun, I love having magic in one hand and a sword in the other. Expand
  30. Dec 8, 2011
    Yes, the game breaking bug was bad. Yes they shouldn't have released the game in such a state, but **** happens, and the main thing is they patched it. Buy the PS3 version safe in the knowledge that it is now entirely playable, and easily the best game ever released on the Playstation, it's THAT good.
  31. Dec 9, 2011
    This game is amazing. I have not had any problems with bugs and I would recommend this highly. The sheer size of the world, the sheer amount of sidequests, the improvements to the gameplay, there's not much in the game that can go wrong.
  32. Dec 9, 2011
    Bugs should knock a gaming masterpiece down from a 10 to a 9, not from a 10 to a 0. The number of people that gave the game a 0 is truly indicative of one thing: trolls are truly whiny deep down. Big games will have a few glitches. Not every game will provide the instant gratification that Call of Duty does. Get over it.
  33. Apr 8, 2012
    I'm redoing my review now for Skyrim on ps3 after a long 6month wait for a fix from Bethesda.so now that patch 1.5 is available I decided to retry Skyrim and give it one last shot.let me start out by saying that patch 1.4 was a good patch but patch 1.5 is the better patch, since now I'm able to play with less and I do mean much less problems than before...so far I haven't had any game crashes/freezes or frame-rate drops like I did with patch 1.4 things do seem much smoother now and working better overall.however this game still needs more fixes, and the damage has been done in terms of quality.besides that i'm happy thus far with Skyrim after patch 1.5. Expand
  34. Dec 9, 2011
    THIS IS ONE OF THE BEST GAMES I'VE EVER PLAYED!!! Yes it has bugs, and it can be frustrating. BUT that is expected in a game of this calibre. Play for a few hours and you will be immersed in this game like you never thought possible. The massive world provides variety in creatures, towns and dungeons. Don't let a bugs ruin this magnificent masterpiece. BUY IT!!!!
  35. Dec 11, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. To all of the 0's, you don't write reviews on bugs or glitches. You write about how the game-play, story, combat, etc. is and how the game is supposed to be played. Also, 1.2 removed the lag and soon the resistances will be fixed. Anyways, Skyrim is the best Elder Scrolls game yet. This is utterly amazing due to the fact that Morrowind held this title for 9 years due to the size and story. Skyrim leads you on a quest as the Dovahkiin, a person born with the soul of a dragon. This gives you the ability to learn Words of Power by absorbing the souls of dragons. As all the previous Elder Scrolls games, you can avoid the story completely, but you won't learn some of the words of power. The Daedric quests have been improved also. Instead of just going to the Shrine of a Daedric Prince and getting a quest like in Oblivion, some of them will start by entering a certain location or talking to a certain person. Back to the shouts. They intertwine with combat so well that you can be deep in a fight and use a shout to turn the tide of the battle. It doesn't feel out of place or overpowering, as they have to recharge on set amounts of time based on strength. To keep balance, Bethesda included enemies that can wield the Voice too. The story also includes game changing moments. If you join the Civil War, you can change the guards at each city based on who you joined. The factions make a return with the Thieves Guild in Riften, the Companions in Whiterun who are the new Fighters Guild, the College of Winterhold in Winterhold who take the place of the Mages Guild, and the Dark Brotherhood who are much more complicated to join than last time. Each of these have a unique story that adds to the experience and feels like it fits. Combat has a nice flow to it now, including execution style slow-motion attacks and decapitations with certain perks. The perks add a new level of experience to the game allowing you to create a mage, a soldier, a thief, an assassin, etc. You can go up to a maximum level of 81, with a soft-cap of 50. To reach 81, all skills must be 100, creating one of the most epic of challenges to accomplish. Each race feels unique within the game, except the Argonians abilities are not as useful as they used to be, as there are very few reasons or places to go underwater, but their resistance to poison and disease are useful. As one last reminder, the game has a patch and has become the ultimate PS3 game. For any problems with the game, there will always be patches, and the reason for so many bugs is the size of the game. The map is massive and so beautifully detailed that they wouldn't ever be able to catch every single problem with the game. The PC version was bugged and is now fixed. The X-Box version was bugged and is no fixed. The PS3 version was bugged and is now fixed. Fix the 0's and give this game the credit it deserves. Expand
  36. Dec 11, 2011
    Bethesda needs to face up to the fact that they deliver broken games to it's PS3 community. I have played Elder Scrolls:Oblivion, Fallout 3 & Fallout: New Vegas before purchasing Elder Scrolls Skyrim. I have put way too many hours into all these games. I will admit I love these games, but the fact that we are dealing with the same technical issues is disappointing. Especially for a game that wins awards. Interestingly enough the game I had the least problems with was Oblivion. But Fallout 3 had plenty of framerate & crash issues, followed by the mess that was New Vegas and now Skyrim, which was highly anticipated by me and other PS3 Elder Scrolls fans gets released with the same issues and frustrations we've dealt with in past titles using the same game engine. Its very discouraging and disappointing. Where is the quality assurance in the video game industry ? I can't in clear conscience recommend anybody buy this game on PS3. If this game ran without the freezing and problems, I would give it a 10 rating for sure, but as it stands it makes a better coaster for my beverage than a game to put into my PS3. Sorry Bethesda......that's the honest truth. Deal with it. Expand
  37. Dec 12, 2011
    This game takes everything you loved about oblivion and morrowind to create one of the most memorable gaming experiences I have had in some time. The game is in no way perfect though. I can only speak for the PS3 version but there are tons of glitches. Some can be funny and even charming but other times it makes the game feel almost broken. Also, you cannot map commonly used weapons, items or spells to the directional pad. Making you stop time and ruin the moment of the game when u need to switch weapons. That being said the game looks beautiful, the sound score is pitch perfect, and content is massive. 910 right now, would probably make that a 10 if the upcoming patches fix the bugs. Expand
  38. Dec 14, 2011
    Brilliant Game! The best immersive RPG to come out....visually stunning, epic fights with cinematic finishing kills, a huge living world to explore and loads of epic dungeons to explore and fight through.
    Oh and the Dragons are the most amazing dragons i`ve seen in any video game in over 30 years of playing games.

Don`t listen to the silly trolls on here who have made multiple accounts
    etc. to wreck the scores...this game is THE EPIC RPG.....forget rubbish like Two Words 2 or non existent, bug ridden Dark Souls. THIS IS THE KING OF RPG`s.. Expand
  39. Dec 16, 2011
    Best game I have ever played. Although there are lag issues, im giving this a 10 based on the fact that they will probably be patched. Lag issues not to be ignored. Thing is, so much good content. Worth buying for full price.
  40. Dec 28, 2011
    After a few more days and a few more levels, level 33 now, problems with game freezing seem to have stopped (after patch?) similar to other users create a new save game each time rather than writing over same one. Also when the system does slow slightly, just back off for a few seconds until everything catches up. Whether it helps or not, store all finds / treasures in cupboards / dressers etc in Breezeholme, so that not loose in world, previously just used to drop everything on floor outside merchants (ie like in Fallout 3). Still a fantastic experience, seems like still a large amount unexplored, of all the games played this year this one is by far the best experience. Am not going to argue with people posting negatives, but wonder why experience is so variable across the platform?

Uncharted 3 is still in the wrapper, so when bored of Skyrim have something else to move on to...
  41. Dec 31, 2011
    Yes I was one of those people who got hit by the horrible crippling lag that comes with playing this game for a great length of time. It's truly sad because this game would easily be the game of the year if those bugs weren't in the game but I truly believe you need to take something like this into account when you make a decision like that. I actually traded this version in for the 360 one because I wanted to get the full experience out this game and not have to pick and choose what I want to do before the game's crippling lag keeps me from continuing. So a word of advice for anyone planning to buy this game: DO NOT BUY IT ON THE PS3!!!! If I can convey anything to anyone with this review it would be that. Stay very far away from this version and get another one. You won't regret it. Expand
  42. Dec 25, 2011
    Great game overall, have no idea what all the 0 are about, the game runs smooth for me. For people reading by date, read the professional critics page, the people here obviously do not know what they're talking about
  43. Dec 26, 2011
    I highly agree with Chrisking8613's comment... From what I've seen in order to fix the lag issues it seem to help by 1, creating several save files and making a new save each time (or overwriting if you have too many) or by 2, Updating your PS3/Skyrim. The update is most likely all that you need but I do both and don't experience any lockups or extreme lagging. So you will need both an internet connection and a large hard-drive, if you post a comment about "extreme lags" please specify if you've tried anything that I've suggested. Expand
  44. Dec 28, 2011
    I just got this game and it is amazing. The beautiful scenery and the intense combat. I don't know what people are talking about when they say the game is impossible to play because of the lagging. It hasn't lagged once and I have over 40 hours of gameplay. It has only frozen once, but only for a few seconds, then it recovered. The music is amazing and the vast world is fun to explore. The story is cool and killing dragons could be any better. Overall, I would recommend this game to everyone. Expand
  45. Feb 26, 2012
    I don't know whether people are drastically over-reacting or I just got lucky (I suspect a bit of both). But I didn't have issue one with the PS3 version of this game. No significant lag. No major glitches. No freezing. Nothing. And I've logged 85 hours so far and have completed the main story line. It's worth noting that I took Bethesda's advice and turned off auto-save. So I'm sure that helped out tremendously. The only complaints, if you want to call them that, I have are the loading times and the lackluster story. Don't get me wrong, the story was decent enough. But it never really got its hooks in me where I couldn't wait to see what was going to happen next. And I can give the load times a pass considering the absolutely mammoth size of the game. Overall, this was the most fun I've had with a game in at least a couple years. I hate that so many people missed out on this truly amazing experience because of technical issues. Expand
  46. Dec 30, 2011
    OMG your kidding right! This is probably one of the best RPG ever!! I can't understand the reviews at all unless this is a joke played by trolls who have nothing better to do.
  47. Mar 14, 2012
    What the **** are all these comments about? I find the game to be great, somewhat reminiscent of LOTR, and for my first game of the series, it is really developed greatly. Most people are complaining about the lag and glitches and bugs. I found that despite a few flaws, some funny, the game was very playable and fun. You basically get an entire country to do whatever you please with, and whether you want to be good and knightly or have a bounty on your head, it's your choice. The inventory is easy to access and use, the spells fun both graphically and to use. Based on the skills menu added, it's like a Runescape meets LOTR in a world that is seen in games like Just Cause 2. The graphics were the best compared to other games i have played on my dinosaur of a TV, and Bethesda just made the world seem real by including all the little things I think most people don't appreciate. Overall, I would suggest buying this game if you are into expansive games. Collapse
  48. Feb 6, 2012
    First of all, I've played around 65 hours worth of the game and have had little or no bugs, so my review will be based solely on that experience. If I was to sum up Skyrim in one word, it would be Epic. In fact, if it were possible I would change the meaning of Epic in the dictionary to Skyrim. The sheer scale of the game is absolutely mind-boggling. I haven't even touched the main quest yet, and I don't think I will for the foreseeable future, such is the sheer amount that can be done in the various side quests. I won't give a massive description of the game as I'm sure you already know what the game is all about. If you're looking for a game that gives you value for your money, Skyrim is an absolute steal, and for those who are experiencing bugs/glitches, I've heard that Bethesda will soon release a patch that they hope fixes these problems. Now go buy Skyrim! Expand
  49. Jan 4, 2012
    I'll admit, I didn't like Oblivion. I found the game boring and I was never compelled to explore or stay with the game. But the main reason I didn't like it was because I didn't play it properly. I always fast travelled, and I never explored so I just go bored. So I was sceptical about buying Skyrim, but It just looked so good, and I now knew how to play it properly. As soon as I started playing, I was addicted. The numerous amount of improvements it makes on Oblivion are great. The game is more personal than ever. You now get to shape your character in the exact way you want to. I am a Khajiit who specialises in one-handed weapons, magic, heavy armour, sneaking, lockpicking, smithing and I am still trying to improve on my other skills. It's an incredible system that works fantastically. Lots of people complain about the bugs. I have had the game for about a week and have played around 17 hours and haven't encountered many bugs or the incredibly slow framerate that apparently plagues the PS3 versions of the game. I did encounter the framerate a few days ago, but the next day I didn't play at all, and the day after I started playing and it worked fine. There are a few problems with this game, and it is far from perfect. The shadows a shocking on the PS3 version. The shadows almost always have jagged edges and look really bad. Graphically this game looks great. Not amazing but great. Looking from a distance, the game is incredible. But up close, things are less than pretty. That said, overall Skyrim looks great. Thankfully, Skyrim has a lot better facial animation than the shocking animation that was in Oblivion. The conversations don't pause time and unlike Oblivion, the faces aren't expressionless. However the facial animations still aren't perfect. The overall animations however, are a LOT better than Oblivion. in Oblivion, the characters looked as if they were walking on air, now their feet actually look like they're making contact with the ground. The gameplay is fantastic. I have been addicted to this game, and have played for up to 4 hours straight at times ( I know that's not much compared to other people, but for me it is). The weapons still look like they're cutting through air than flesh, but are a lot better than they were in Oblivion. The magic is awesome, as you can now have on magic spell per hand, so you can be shooting to fire streams at a time, or shooting one fire stream, while defending yourself with the Lesser Ward. You can also have magic in one hand, sword in the other, dual wield swords, have a sword and shield or use a two handed weapon. There are a LOT of things to do in Skyrim. So far I have joined the College at Winterhold to become a mage, joined the Stormcloaks, Joined the Thieves Guild, completed side quests, explored, cleared dungeons, fought dragons and found tonnes of loot. And I haven't even scratched the surface. There is so much to do in Skyrim, so if you buy it, you really need to dedicate quite a bit of time to it. So I'm glad I bought it during the holiday season. Skyrim isn't perfect, and there are problems, but this is simply a game that can't be missed. Expand
  50. Jan 4, 2012
    Skyrim is one of the best games made this year and is a truly immersing RPG which lets you tell your own story and has an amazing Depth and replay value. However, since the "patch" 2.0 there have been huge bugs with the frame rate and makes it almost unbearable to play when your save file reaches a size too big which is highly frustrating because it's so addicting adn you're always wanting to play more! Expand
  51. Jan 5, 2012
    I have been gaming for well over 20 years, and this masterpiece is the apex of everything that I have ever played. The scenery is beautiful, the dungeons are epic, the NPCs actually have characterization! Hmm, let me think, what about this game has disappointed? Some CTDs, occasional lagging, but nothing too dramatic. Granted, I bought a new gaming laptop to play this game, so it is running on Ultra. I have not had bug-related problems, and the game loads quickly, even after 100+ hours of play time and a save file of over 11MB. The Elder Scrolls series continues to improve, even wildly surpass its predecessors. I have difficulty imagining any improvements that could be made to Skyrim -- although I'm sure there must be a few -- but I'll leave that to the modders. Thank you, Todd Howard and Bethesda! Expand
  52. Apr 7, 2012
    I refrained from playing Skyrim for a while while the problems were patched. But now as I play it, I realized I have wasted the past few months NOT PLAYING IT. It is a phenomenon, and a MetaScore as poor as 5.4 is a travesty! People, what doesn't this game give you? Huge roaming space, millions of NPCS to meet and dragons to fight. I understand the game had issues and that was unforgivable AT THE TIME. But come to your senses, and come back to Tamriel. Now with the fixed lag issues, you won't regret your stay. Expand
  53. Apr 9, 2012
    NOTE: This review is written after the FPS issue of the PS3 version of Skyrim was patched.
    Huge, realistic and epic at the same time. That's what this game is. After you get out of the tutorial dungeon, you have the free will to do what you want. In every sense of the word. You are free to go where ever you want to, interact with almost everything in the world, gain reputation as a hero or
    a villain, join different factions, etc. Every NPC has his/her own scedule that they repeat every day. There are literally hundreds of places to discover, quests to complete, things to do and enemies to defeat. The AI is one of the best of this generation (although some weird things can - and will - happen). The graphics are very beautiful and you will never get tired of them. Same with the music. It's simply beautiful. The leveling system is great and hasn't anything to complain about. I'll say it now so you know it: you shouldn't buy Skyrim because of its main story. There is so much else in the game and in the end, the story's not that great compared to the other questlines. Also yo should know that this is a HUUUGE game and huge games tend to have lots of bugs. Not an exception in Skyrim. Don't worry, they're being constantly patched by Bethesda, so you won't have to suffer from them. Expand
  54. Jan 6, 2012
    Oh what could have been. I am currently 100+ hours into Skyrim, and I will ignore the bugs for the first part of the review. This game is simply amazing, great gameplay, story, the dungeon/fort/city/world design is off the charts, and the game is highly addicting, and could be replayed in a very different manner quite easily (choosing a different race, going for different skills etc). But, the bugs are obnoxious. The framerate isnt as much a problem when I play as is the game freezing. The workaround for this was to turn off autosave, but then I would be a few hours, and having forgot to save, playing and suddenly die, only to have to repeat hours of play. Regardless, this is still amongst the best games I have played, even with the bugs. Looking back, I still would have bought and played it. Though, the next Bethesda release will force me to wait a few months to see if that game has bugs or not. Expand
  55. Dec 2, 2013
    A staggering wealth of content that never overwhelms, since you're led by the gentle hands of all the wonderful quests. I must have played Skyrim for 50 hours now, and never once did I want it to 'end soon'.. the ending of the main quests left me in awe. The mystery drew me in from the first minutes and remains there as I have yet to discover several larger locations including major cities. This game is an incredible artistical achievement, and you'll be in the hero's shoes, living it for a while. I cannot in any way give less than 9/10 to such a beautiful night sky. To all those characters and places, stories and adventures. But I can't give a perfect 10 either, as the puzzles get reused a lot throughout the game, and there were several consistency errors to break the immersion (sleeping for 10 hours in-game to find everyone doing the exact thing they were doing as you went to bed... instruments appearing and disappearing out of the blue, a quite early 'skill ceiling' where you feel you don't get empowered so much anymore etc). But I simply can't give less than 9 to that virtual magic. Expand
  56. Jan 7, 2012
    A must-own title for RPG fans. It's the best Elder Scrolls title to date. The world is massive and the landscape is absolutely beautiful. The animations and visuals have improved greatly since Oblivion. Even after spending 100+ hours with the game, I still have so much to do. I haven't even beat the main story yet and there is still tons of side quests left for me to do. I don't think there has ever been a game with so much content packed into one disc. The downside of Skyrim is like previous Bethesda titles, it's littered with glitches and freezing issues. I can't even count how many times the game has frozen on me. That is about the only problem I have with the game and it's what keeps it from getting a perfect score. I still highly recommend it to anyone looking to grind/loot through a beautiful world of quality content. Expand
  57. Feb 16, 2012
    Literally, this game deserves an 8.5. But since that score is impossible, a 9 will have to do. This game is great, it has all the components of a great game. The main story line took me about 25 hours, and that's including getting lost and doing side quest. This game is great and i can see my self returning to it to do more side quest, but it has nothing that puts it over the top. I would highly recommend this game to anyone, go out and buy it. Truly amazing. Expand
  58. Jan 9, 2012
    My score is based SOLELY ON GAMEPLAY. Honestly, I haven't had as much of an issue with lag, that people are experiencing. Yes occasionally, but not as much as most people are claiming. To get straight to the point I love this game for a few reasons: 1. its sheer size and scope: beautiful land to explore and a vast amount of quest and tasks to complete. The graphics are excellent for a game this size. I can venture up a mountain, expecting to be stopped by the invisible wall most games have, only to get to the top and find a secret cave with some kind of mystical weapon in it.
    2. The leveling up system is superb, one the best i've ever seen. Not only are you forced to gain experience to move up certain traits, but you must also use those traits repeatedly in order level them up further. For example, to actually learn how to create stronger weapons, you have to create hundreds of weapons before you can create that ultimate piece.
    3. This game has a well designed story. A lot of thought was put into every detail of the game. When I say story Im not just referring to the main quest, Im referring to every interaction in the game. Every town, quest, side quest, guild and person has a story to tell (well almost). Ill never forget when I joined the companions and after a few missions in, found out they were a group of werewolves in the craziest way. And then to become a werewolf myself?! Amazing.

At the same time there were things in this game that irritated the Sh*t out of me:
    1. Elder Scroll set the roleplaying bar high in regards to the level up system. But the COMBAT is lacking. I wish this game had a parry system or a role or something that felt like i can control the fight more. It needs something that makes combat require skill rather than the number of health potions you have at the time. If it had more of the combat Dark Souls has, then this game would be an easy 10 in my book. And I know Dark Souls is third person, but still. To top it off, other combat errors become increasingly irritating. YOU CANNOT attack while on your horse... at all. Not even with a Bow and Arrow. Very irritating. And you can easily permanently kill your partner. The computer dwindles their life down, after that all it takes is one blow from you (the main character) to end his/her life. And finally, almost every weapons is controlled the same as the last one. Every sword will swing the same as the next one no matter how strong it is. It doesn't matter if ones made metal and the other is made of glass, its still the same sword. Lame =/

In Summary, all this game is missing is a funner fighting system. Combat is an important part of the game. It all starts here. If my character is wearing ninja gear and a holding a dagger, I want my character to damn near be as quick and nimble as a ninja. Rather than just being able to swing quicker and having access to a new power attack. If Combat was improved, this can EASILY be a 10. Other than that, this game is excellent and a great improvement to the roleplaying genre .
  59. Jan 12, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Alright, so one thing to start off: Don't listen to the trolls. Yes, I know this is probably the primary feature of almost all of the positive reviews of this game, but it's a truth that needs telling over and over again. (I've played 24 hours of this game and my save file is 6.6 mb big, and i've only encountered a bit of lag when traveling long distances, and entering Whiterun).
    Anyway, to review the game itself. I must say that this is probably one of the top 5 RPGS ever. And why? Well, as with so many great games, it's hard to know where to start. Perhaps with the logical choice, with the beginning of the game, where you are carted into a village to be executed because the Empire mistook you for a Stormcloak rebel?
    Perhaps with the incredibly large map that you can explore from the beginning (no invisible walls or difficulty barriers, due to the enemies scaling in level with you)?
    And perhaps the best of all, when walking by some random person can drag you into an epic quest chain serving Molag Bal, the daedric prince of domination? No matter which you choose, Skyrim is indisputably the best RPG of 2011, ( though the debate if this is truly GOTY will rage on at least as long as the infamous BethesdaInterplay legal dispute), and I am probably not a quarter done with this game.
    Yes, there are a few bugs (sometimes you will get stuck in terrain), but it is not close to as bad as the trolls make it to be. Also, if you have a choice, you should probably get the PC version (less bugs, mods), but if you have a PS3, getting a 360 or upgrading your PC to run Skyrim is not worth it, since the difference between the versions is not enough to justify the price of either.
    But, to conclude, if you are any sort of gamer, or were one at some point, you should get this game, and trolls be darned!
  60. Jan 16, 2012
    Amazing! Thats all that can be said for skyrim. From slaying dragons to clearing dungeons your breath will be taken away. I went into skyrim not expecting much. I am not a fan of Oblivion,or Morrowind and i have never played 1 or 2 but skyrim was something else. It didnt feel like the others. Skyrim is a must by and one of my 2 GOTYs. BUY IT BUY IT BUY IT BUY IT BUY IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Expand
  61. Jan 17, 2012
    What I have seen when I've went into the user section really upsetter me and it still does because there are at least 55 people throwing out 0s but what I have to say is that this game is shattering and it shattered at the very least me because all I have to say is that "This is amazing!!!" now I'd like at least one person to say "hey this guy is right!" because that's not what I'd like to hear that's what I'd like to know that at least one other thinks that this ROCKS not only shatters the world, the world needs it bad or good I think it's a must have CMON GIMME A 10 OUTTA TEN PEOPLE! Cmon don't be a dick do it! Expand
  62. Jan 18, 2012
    This is a great game. There's hundreds if not thousands of quests, skills, etc., all wrapped together in a large fully explorable open world. The graphics are pretty good, but nothing like Crysis 2. There were a few bugs, but most were harmless, and rarely affected my game.
  63. Jan 20, 2012
    No one can expect a game as massive as Skyrim to not have its bugs. Bethesda says they're working on it, so what more do you want? Personally, the game is a big improvement from Oblivion. The combat is easy enough to get into and the skills/perks system will have you clamoring for one more level up into the wee hours of the morning. There are some annoying bugs, such as the framerate dropping when it's auto-saving after you fast travel, but I tend to overlook that just because of how good the rest of the game is. If you're afraid of playing a game that has glitches, you might want to avoid this game until Bethesda patches it. If you're not really concerned with glitches and love open-world RPGs, you owe it to yourself to pick up this game. Enough said. Expand
  64. Jan 23, 2012
    I have no lag whatsoever (160 gb), and this game is very fun and the graphics are pretty good. The fighting system is awesome, archery is fun, and the dragons are gorgeous and frightening. It can get frustrating, and some things are only in 2D which can be annoying, other than that this game is worth the buy.
  65. Feb 6, 2012
    I wondering how all the Xbox users managed to group each other up to spam negative comments the PS3 version of this game. I have not experienced any of the problems described. Fantastic game, yes, a bit buggy, but I am surprised metacritic has not realised that people giving it zero don't even have a PS3. May this please be rectified. Anyway, the gameplay is fantastic, graphics are perfect and a huge improvement on Oblivion. very good. Expand
  66. Jan 30, 2012
    I have played it for 60+ hours now: it's the best game I have ever played. And I've played a lot the last 20+ years. The developers have stuffed the game with LOADS of excellent quests and dungeons. No dungeon is the same. The world is gorgeous and big. After having played for 60+ hours, I'm still feeling lost sometimes. I really dont understand the low average user score of 5.3 (at the time of this writing). Probably by a lot of people who have never layed eyes on Skyrim. I still haven't come accross a single bug. So stop whining and play this excellent game. My score is 10 out of 10, still considering myself an experienced player of all types of games. Expand
  67. Jan 31, 2012
    Dont listen to any of those idiots saying skyrim is s*** .
    yes, it does lag but no where near as often as they make it out to be.
    Skyrim is one of- if not THE BEST-game ever created.
    you havent lived until youve played it. when you see a person in skyrim you can kill them, pickpocket them, do a quest for them, or befreind them...the choice is yours...
    enough said GET SKYRIM!!!
  68. Feb 1, 2012
    Skyrim is easily one of the best games I have ever played: Stunning atmosphere, enormous content, great RPG elements, non-receptive dungeons, picturesque landscapes, and awesome music â
  69. Feb 2, 2012
    There is no denying that Skyrim is a great game. Better than that, in fact for anyone who's wanting an RPG packed full of adventure in which you can create your own destiny..literally, then this is the game for you. The one and ONLY thing that really lets this beautiful game down is the buggy glitchy nightmare which appears to have been born out of Bethesdas laziness..most unfortunate indeed.
  70. Feb 1, 2012
    Don't listen to all of these haters, I have had these lag issues too but they only happened after a couple of hours of playing anyway. I would just turn it off for awhile or play a different game. If it wasn't for this I would give it a 10 because it is the best game ever made.
  71. Feb 6, 2012
    Bethesda is now infamous for its laggy, buggy, and glitchy games. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim is no exception and continues in the proud tradition of making a mockery of customers by charging $60 for a broken piece of plastic garbage.

Now, is it fun? I suppose it is some fun in the traditional Elder Scrolls sense.

Admittedly most bugs, glitches, and lags aren't quite game-breakers.
    However, the save-game file sizes and the constant need to turn the PS3 on and off just isn't worth the hassle.

Will Bethesda ever patch up the thing, though? I doubt it. One needs only take a look at Bethesda's record of shoddy patching.

Bethesda's quality control borders on the criminal.

Now, I know people vary wildly in personal opinion and expectations of the game, but the fact that this piece of garbage got 9.2 is nothing less than a conspiracy on the part of critics and if not, Bethesda lied to EVERYONE.
  72. Feb 17, 2012
    i already reviewed this but after seeing all the trolls on here i have to re-submit. me and many of my friends played this game for many, many hours on ps3. i played it over 140 hours myself. yes, there was some frame-rate and other minor stuff but considering how literally HUGE this game is it is just not that big of a deal. i'll bet at least half of these people giving the game 0 on here are just repeating what they've heard and not even trying the game. it's a great game, maybe the best ever. if you like rpgs you HAVE TO play this or you are missing out on the best. period. haters go get your platinum trophies (like me) and then tell me the game doesn't work. Expand
  73. Feb 22, 2012
    Uno de los mejores RPG que puedes encontrar en esta generación de consolas, ofrece un mundo abierto con infinitas posibilidades y horas de diversión. Es una pena los bugs que tienes pero espero que con la versión 1.4 y posteriores parches todo quede en el olvido.
  74. Feb 8, 2012
    Give it a 10 out of 10 cause i have had little lag so far even though everyone else seems to experience it. At 8mb it started to and as bethesda recommends on their forums i turned off the autosave feature that saves constantly (everytime you leave a building or change locations) and the lag stopped and loading between locations is exponentially faster. This does get frustrating when you get immersed in the game and forget to save after a quest and die. most people here would probably agree that if the game had no issue it would get a great rating and its pretty messed up that companies can release games that have these problems.

so far i have put in about 140 hours and already beaten the game, experiencing few quest glitches all of which eventually cleared up after giving it time. I wish the game was perfect so everyone could get their moneys worth but eventhough it isnt perfect i have spent more enjoyable hours on this game then any i have in a very long time so i have to give it a 10
  75. Feb 28, 2012
    this game is awesome for all those who say it isnt they have no idea what they are talking about while the main story is short everything else will take up to about 300 hours at least to complete the whole game with amazing graphics and a huge open world this is the best action rpg ever
  76. Feb 16, 2012
    All i have to say is the=is game is nothing short of spectacular. skyrim makes you want to spend 100s of hours in the world created despite all its technical flaws, which have mostly been fixed in the new patch 1.4
  77. Mar 1, 2012
    Lots of people have rated this game bad, saying that its boring and glitchy. theres a name for these people, IDIOTS. Skyrim is possibly one of the best games ever created, with a beautifully huge open world to explore. thousands of individually crafted NPCs, each with there own back story and quests to give. the game play works perfectly and can be altered to you play style. the 200 hours of play time with keep up occupied for a long time, as you level up you character depending on how you like to play. i strongly suggest that you play this game. Expand
  78. Mar 20, 2012
    I know a lot of people have problems with the game, but a ZERO rating? Really? Grow up. If you want to rate the game based on the fact that it was released with bugs, ANY game of this size comes out with bugs. This title has a beautiful environment, flawless battle system, a huge array of spells, equipment, weapons, and you can level your character any way you want, giving you complete control. Also, I've had very few lag problems and have only had the game freeze on me a few times, mainly because it is data-intensive, and EVERY game that is data-intensive happens to freeze once in a while. Rating this SOLELY on the game, it is one of the greatest games I have every played, without question; a SOLID 10. Expand
  79. Mar 12, 2012
    I was surprised to see all the negative user reviews (especially compared to the Critic reviews) but now I understand that a lot of grievances are due to the bugs that were present in the earlier versions of the game. I only recently purchased Skyrim and therefore received patch 2.x when installing the game on my PS3. Luckily, I have been free of bugs so far (AFAIK) and also the lag is very acceptable, especially from a game that offers so much gameplay. I have been playing this for about 100 hours now and my social life has ceased to exist. The game is captivating, adventurous, incredibly addictive and filled with so many small details that you just have to admire the programmers and creative artists that worked on this. Just to give you one example without spoiling any major event: At a certain moment i felt myself in unfamiliar surrounds in the middle of the night, starving from hunger. Suddenly I saw a rabbit drinking at a well. I took out my bow (in stealth mode so as not to scare the animal away), ligned up my shot....only to see a giant wolf leap out of the bushes and eating my rabbit!.
    A wonderful game, if you are reluctant to buy it because of the bugs, be assured that the new patches have wrinkled out a lot.
  80. Jun 30, 2012
    Look, I know how to review a game. And it is obvious that some of these people don't. A half of the people who have reviewed this game have either got a vendetta against Besthesa, are CoD or Battlefield fanboys, or simply got extremely pissed off when their game froze at level 49. I want to be honest, because I am not going to con people in to getting this game. It is not perfect, but it definitely isn't as bad as most of the people on this list make it out to be. Skyrim is a diverse and brilliant as you could want, because it is rare (as in extremely rare) for a game to hit the 100% mark. This game doesn't deserve a score of 100%, but it doesn't deserve a 0%, a 30% or a 60% (and I know I am going to get some hate for this). A 75% would probably be acceptable, and even a 70% as long as the reasons were about the game, and not the reviewer's feelings against the game. The game world in this game is awesome, alive and large enough that you are playing a magical version of life itself, and you really feel like some of the people you are talking to are real people, and not just a bunch of pixels that spit out backstory. If you buy this game, you should love it, but people who say that this game is a 50% or 60% should know that this game just isn't for them, and people who gave it a 0% or a 10% are complete idiots. Expand
  81. Mar 13, 2012
    637 negative reviews + 60 mixed reviews = almost 700 people who need to BACK AWAY FROM THE BONG! LOL! Just kidding. The only thing I can think of is that the PS3 version of the game had a few serious bugs when it first came out. On my video game review, I gave this game a 9, simply because the main plot line plus the awesome side-quests MORE than made up for the bugs and glitches. When I beat the main story, I felt like I had REALLY accomplished something! Load this page into your browser if you wish to see my video review of the game: http://youtu.be/cqysFqaKzTs And you are cordially invited to visit and subscribe to my You Tube Christian gaming channel, Gaming 4 Jesus: http://www.youtube.com/Gaming4Jesus . Expand
  82. Mar 21, 2012
    Glitches have stunted the experience slightly but overall this is a game worth playing. It's big, beautiful and ready to steal your time. It's amazing how much it's like a real world, if this is the future than the future will be good. The patches have finally fixed the horrible lag issues and now it's actually a really great game! Well done Bethesda for "finally" fixing the issues but next time don't you DARE ever let it happen again or it will be OFF WITH YOUR HEADS! Expand
  83. Mar 18, 2012
    This is one of the greatest western RPG's created yet it is held back by MANY repetive quests, obnoxious characters, and many glitches. The expanse of the world as well as its beauty make up for it. The story is lackluster but still great.
  84. Apr 2, 2012
    I've just started playing Skyrim and even though I hated Fallout 3 by the same guys, I am loving it.
    I know there are some small bugs, even in the early stages but my mate who has the 360 version has also had some problems, so it's not just the PS3.
    The graphics are excellent, the music and effects are very very good. Great locations, interesting characters and a wide range of side quests
    will keep me playing for a very long time.
    I had just finished Mass Effect 3 and decided to trade it for this, and it wasn't a mistake. I'm still discovering and have just bought my horse to get around easier.
    Even if you don't normally play RPG's you have to try this. Don't give up to early either, it's a massive game and gets better at every turn.
  85. Mar 25, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I don't know what you're complaining about all the time. My version (EU) isn't buggy or laggy at all.
    Sometimes, loading times are a little bit longer but there aren't any lags since the last updates.

In my opinion, this game ist one of the best of all times (especially in RPG-genre). It's my favourite game.
    The graphics are unbelievable, the story is good (not perfect at all ;))
    I love it!
  86. Apr 18, 2012
    i love this game. there may be a small lagging matter to attend to but its still playable. what this game really needs is some dlc that would be the sh!t. play it and mw3 nonstop no matter what any body says ill defend this game till the end!
  87. Apr 29, 2012
    I am no fanboy. All of the glitches, bugs, and lag and all of the flaws cannot keep this game down. In reality, no game flawless. Humans tend to make games with flaws, probably because they aren't perfect. This game is a masterpiece. It's the best in the series. From playing the previous games, mostly Oblivion on the Xbox 360, I have grown used to the lag and occasional freezing, but if you have the autosave feature turned on, you barely have to make up anything you have done between the most recent autosave and the time of the freezing. Simply turn off the console, and turn it back on. The cutscenes do need to improve greatly in the future, but the point of the games is gameplay. First off, you can customize your character deeply to your preferences. Up next is combat. Dual-wielding can be used for weapons and magic, adding much variety to the game, not to mention the Dragon Shouts. These make you a medieval Jedi, like Unrelenting Force, which can either make your enemies studder, or it can throw them off their feet. Also, finishing off enemies by performing finishing moves is just plain satisfying, having each weapon perform its own unique move. Plus, you can now sprint. After that, there is the Story. The dragons are a fun and new innovation in the series. The Thieves Guild, Dark Brotherhood, Mages Guild(known as the College of Winterhold) and the Fighter's Guild(known as The Companions) all return to the series to offer unique Quest lines. Finally, the graphics. Skyrim has the best graphics of the series, as it should. I know a lot of people are frustrated with all of the bugs, but looking past the bugs, this game is just great. Expand
  88. May 8, 2012
    I bought skyrim when it came out & have had very little problems with the game. It has it's flaws but overall it's the most fun/ cherished game I have in my ps3 collection. When the flaws greatly out weigh the good stuff in the game that's when you have problems.. Luckily I never experienced any of that.
  89. Jul 20, 2012
    Skyrim is definitely one of the best games I have ever played. The graphics are outstanding especially in large environments. When you go out for questing, the mountains in the distance are fully rendered and detailed. Third Person View is still a bit clunky, but the First Person View is where game play really shines. the only thing I feel that the developers could improve on would be making The Third Person View easier to control and add extra quotes too all the people in Skyrim especially guards, every time you go near them they say " A guard might get nervous, a man approaches with his weapon drawn".

Overall a gamer can surpass these minor flaws and truly love this game. There is soo much too do in the world of Skyrim, too much to even pick out, you will get lost in playing this game because of its realism, detailed large environment. When you see this game at a shop for 60 or 70 dollars you now know why...

9/10 - NoNamerGamer
  90. May 13, 2012
    This is hands down the best game I have ever played. The level of customization is absolutely astonishing, the world of Skyrim is unbelievably gorgeous and all of the bugs have been fixed since the last patch. Every now and again some thing will happen that makes no sense (my character was almost killed when a dead dragon fell out of the sky new Windhelm) but the problems are harmless glitches now, that don't require you to reset the whole system. If you're the cautious gamer that has waited this long before buying it, now is the time. This game is a triumph. Expand
  91. May 12, 2012
    When i looked at other user reviews on Skyrim, i couldn't believe that so many people scored 0's. It doesn't make sense Skyrim has to be the most exciting game I've ever played. The graphics and detail to the game are unbelievable, there stunning. So readers don't listen to the people who think skyrim breaks all the time and gets boring because there just moaners who don't actually give this game a chance. Overall the best game i have ever played!!!!! Expand
  92. Jun 13, 2012
    The only real problem with this game is that it got so big that people who just don't understand what Bethesda or TES is all about started buying it. For anyone who has played the previous TES or Fallout games, this game is a dream come true. The world feels much more real than in Oblivion, with fantastic and varied environments and a story steeped in complex politics and allegiances. The combat system is incredibly refreshing, feeling fresh and responsive, with far more impact and weight than the previous games. Don't worry about bugs, they're a disgustingly exaggerated rarity and shouldn't hamper your experience at all. GO BUY THIS GAME! Expand
  93. May 25, 2012
    I will not stand as the people **** talks skyrim! This is the best game i'v played. Believe me or not but this game turned me from a hater of skyrim to a lover of skyrim. I think people expect too much of skyrim. The game disinters did what they could.
  94. May 27, 2012
    Skyrim is the best game I have ever played. But it got a 9/10 because of the vast number of glitches, bugs and missing textures at certain points in the game.
  95. May 28, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The PS3 port is by far the worst and quite an embarrassment towards the processing power of the PS3, roughly up until February it would sometimes be unplayable due to lag .Patch 1.4 or 1.5 (sorry but I can't really remember which) did quite well on fixing this problem, although if I try to sprint in something like a cave I would get a little bit of cursor lag, but anyways the game itself... The first thing I noticed was that it slightly moved away from the RPG side and went onto a more combat based game, which was most likely to attract more people to the game, as probably in the older Elder Scrolls games it would have been a bit to complicated with the whole in depth character customisation for your average COD player. At first this slightly disappointed me as I loved the character customisation in Oblivion and Morrowind .Anyways the story was pretty good and it still has a little bit of replayabilty factor but not quite much to more RPG games like Fallout 3 and NV, the graphics wore not too spectacular in the sense of detail but it was more towards the artistic side of things, I'm well used to graphics similar to Skyim's but I am still quite blown away by some of the sights in Skyrim. Overall one of the best games I've played, but it would be nice if I could easily play it without the worry of lag. Expand
  96. Jun 1, 2012
    I love this game. The music is legendary and awesome. Graphics are some of the best of this generation. You have a vast world to explore, quests to find, do and reap the rewards off. This wouldn't only be addictive. It'll take your entire life away. There is an incomprehensible amount of things to do. Not only that but there is the main storyline, which lasts for 30-40 hours. And even after that there are hundred of quests and caves to clear up.I really like the combat, however seems hit and miss at times being like oblivion when I don't feel like I have actually hit the person. third-person though, has been improved, making playing third person in skyrim actually possible, unlike oblivion. The npcs in the game have been improved. They seem more realistic and the towns have more atmosphere to them. You can do a lot of things in the main towns like crafting, enchanting and improving weapons and armour. You buy and sell items you collected on your travels and obtain quests from people in the villages. You can also buy houses for a price. There is also a new and better levelling system that makes you gain xp from using your skills(one-handed, enchanting, smithing,etc.) up to when you level up and so on. The problems I had with the game was that there were a couple of quests that are glitched out and it detracts from the experience. Plus there is the big problem of lag in the game, and it spoils the combat and experience at times. Overall, if you are interested in a medieval adventure RPG I'd recommend you'd check this out. Expand
  97. Jun 10, 2012
    The bugs have been largely excised so do yourself a favor and buy this game!!! No RPG will be able to touch this one for a long, long time. Skyrim deliveries on every level. After several months of play, I'm still discovering new things - just like Oblivion before it.

Do it. You won't be disappointed!
  98. Jun 11, 2012
    Skyrim was an amazing game, although it had its flaws. If you want to have a good story, then play it. Dragons aren't impossible to kill (in fact, there are many things that are harder like Dwemer Centurion Guardians). After all of the updating that the jackasses at Bethesda did, the game shouldn't crash (or it will only crash if you play it for 10 hours straight) so long as you turn one of your autosave options off (I turn off autosave on fast-travel because you fast travel a lot). The main CONS:
    The Main Questline is really short, and you won't level a whole lot from doing it (I test the story lines with fresh characters and I only got to level 11 or so from just the main questline, and after you level enough, it becomes extremely slow leveling). The Stormcloak Rebellion part of the questline is also very short (although you might get to level 14).
    The other questlines are actually moderately long and have you do different things other than kill this, report to him/her. The other questlines will actually level you quite a lot as well (and doing side-quests, although annoying, is better than the main questline for leveling). Aggro was fixed somewhat, although if you accidentally hit an NPC that isn't a companion you will get bounty, although if you accidentally hit a guard in the heat of combat it may or may not trigger assault charges. There also are a couple of quest bugs that can prevent you from completing quests, including some quest-givers that are not essential characters, so if a dragon or something slays them you are screwed, and every once and a while the dialogue won't trigger and you have to reload (I've had that happen three times in my however many days of gameplay hours).
    PROS:
    Rich story
    The actualy 100% completion of the game takes quite a long time because other questing takes longer than main quests
    There is a lot of lore, like in all Bethesda games
    Skyrim is a hell of a lot more like Morrowind, and less like Oblivion
    FPS doesn't have many problems after the series of updates
    It is almost impossible to have a totally broken character because the spell-making system was removed, and everything now has negatives (like werewolves are extremely powerful, but they won't last long in full on combat with multiple enemies).
    Dual wielding and Deadly reflex are automatically built into the game.
    There aren't any negatives to races anymore (I.E. you can actually be a High Elf Warrior, and you aren't Epic Derpsauce)
    Build your own class based on what you like (there is no longer a cookie-cutter build)
    And if you are like me and love RPG's you go out of your way to immerse yourself by studying ruins and such haha.
  99. Jun 15, 2012
    I laugh at all the other reviews complaining about the glitches, bugs, frame rate issues. Oh, I would be upset too if my game glitched out without repair after spending countless hours on it. Fortunately, I picked up Skyrim after all the major issues were fixed by patches. Given this, I experienced no more bugs than any other game. As for the game itself, holy s**t how much can you fit in one game! I may have permanently damaged my health due to the sheer amount of hours I have spent sitting in one position, staring at the screen with controller in hand. Perhaps a little more character facial expression, movement, involvement or cinematics would have pushed Skyrim to a solid 10. They all seemed a little stiff except the annoying Cicero. By the way, being able to shout and call down a lightning storm, dragon, and blow away opponents off a cliff is pretty damn awesome. Expand
  100. Jun 19, 2012
    Now that most bugs have been fixed this game in really incredible. You can do about anything from being a murderer in the dark brotherhood to being the dragon born and saving the world. Is not getting a 10 from me because at the begging it had a lot of bugs.
  101. Mar 14, 2012

1. This is a game full of emotions for gamers who are willing to embrace it. A beautiful fantasy land that makes loading times a thing of the past and is full of surprises. Not only do you get a lot of variety in the locations, the gameplay offers a lot of different experiences as well. [December 2011, p.66]
  2. Dec 28, 2011
    I enjoyed Skyrim and I look forward to the DLC that we know is inevitably coming. If we looked at this honestly, though, this game probably should have been pushed back a month or so for more polish. It needed it and it still does.
  3. Skyrim is a gorgeous production that truly does justice to the words "roleplaying game." It doesn't just tell us a story, it gives us the chance to tell a story of our own. At its best, that's what an interactive art form should be all about. [Jan 2011, p.73]