6.4

1. Dec 8, 2011
    Extremely poor, broken game. It's almost unplayable on the PS3 and the developer have no intentions of completely fixing it. The game should never have been released in this state.
  2. Dec 8, 2011
    This game is broken.DO NOT BUY this game.LAGS FREEZES,it can ruin your ps3 and mess up your HDD.DO NOT buy this game until bethesda fix it and according to this http://www.reddit.com/r/skyrim/comments/mza05/skyrim_ps3_framerate_fallout_new_vegas_developer/ it won't be fixed...
  3. Dec 8, 2011
    Skyrim is not what it seems.It's a laggy laggy laggy game on the PS3.Patches dont help.DO NOT BUY it.It freezes and lags as hellIt can ruin your PS3.
  4. Dec 8, 2011
    this game suks.it lags and freezes as hell.It doesn't worth a 10.It worths a zero.lags and freezes after your save file hits 5 mb.it's not worth buy it.Do not buy this game.
  5. Dec 8, 2011
    DONT BUY THIS GAME!!! the game is broken, after you reach 6 mb in save file the game starts to lagg, after 8 mb you cant do nothing because the lag is so bad you cant play the game. the devopers dont even give us aswers and the historial of games is a mess. if you are thinking in buying this , DONT DO IT
  6. Dec 8, 2011
    Third broken game in a row for PS3, with no apparent intention of getting it fixed.
    Here's a wonderful 0 for all my wasted time.

If you can't port to PS3 then DON'T dear Bethesda! I' m really sick of beta testing your products for you...
  7. Dec 8, 2011
    To start with I have played over 100 hours of this game. It is fun, creative, and ambitious. Unfortunately this game is broken on the PS3. There are serious lag problems with large save files, which Bethesda has no idea of how to fix. The game crashes at multiple points, it has become less about exploring the world and more about walking a mine field trying not to crash it. This gameTo start with I have played over 100 hours of this game. It is fun, creative, and ambitious. Unfortunately this game is broken on the PS3. There are serious lag problems with large save files, which Bethesda has no idea of how to fix. The game crashes at multiple points, it has become less about exploring the world and more about walking a mine field trying not to crash it. This game should never have been released, in this state. Bethesda has completely lost all of my confidence for releasing this game as is. I refuse to believe that their QA dept missed these bugs, they are to easy to reproduce. So that means Bethesda knowingly released a broken game. I am torn in two about this game, its an enjoyable ride, but once you get deep into it, it loses all the fun. Expand
  8. Dec 8, 2011
    Do not purchase ths game at the moment due to current issues at Patch 1.2
    Do not purchase ths game at the moment due to current issues at Patch 1.2
    Always thought Todd Howard has got very big headed of late and comes across very smug. If this attitude is prevalent at Behesda then no wonder they are arrogant enough to release a game that clearly should been tested more before release. Again mighty $ talks. Bethesda are going the same way as Bioware are. They are changing who they were as companies in pursuit of bigger market share. Nothing wrong with that but don't drop he quality along the way. If it wasn't for the loyal fans who support and buy your products then you wouldn't have your cushy jobs. If I produced this sort of quality then I deserved to be fired
  9. Dec 8, 2011
    t's a good game, but it's full of bugs and glitches on PS3. Broken quests, lag problems, inconsistencies, and much more. Moreover the core engine hasn't changes so much since the previous Elder's Scrolls, which is a game of several years ago. I expected more from Skyrim. Again, could still be fun, if and when they patch it.
  10. Dec 8, 2011
    This game is broken,broken,broken and broke.It has lags,lags,lags and lags.ANd what Beth does about it?DLC.Shame on you Beth.After your save file hits 6 MG your game will be ruined .DO NOT BUY this game.
  11. Dec 8, 2011
    This game is broken so baddly that you cant finish it, main quest broken, side quests broken, and whats most importent extreme lags that looks likeslide shows. First time in my gameing history i want my money back.
  12. Dec 8, 2011
    10/10 for most professional reviews?I wonder how much have you played this game?This game it has bugs ok,it has freezes ok but IT HAS SUCH AN ANNOYING LAG.that's not ok.Beth doesn't care for us and wont gonna fix this.It worth a 0.
  13. Dec 8, 2011
    There's something wrong with the critical gaming media when a completely broken game gets near perfect reviews across the board. Average score of 93? Why is this allowed?
  14. Dec 8, 2011
    Great game made unplayable due to lag, not fit for release. Beth should have held back the ps3 version and their handling of the situation has been very poor. Feel somewhat cheated. should have known better after playing FO3 GOTY
  15. Dec 8, 2011
    BETHESDA=EPIC FAIL...I WON'T BUY ANYTHING IN THE FUTURE! EVEN IF IT WILL BE THE GAME OF THE GENERATION OR THE CENTURY! DO AN EXCLUSIVE XBOX GAME ONLY, OR IF YOU WANT EXTRA CASH FROM PS3 USERS DO IT RIGHT OR DON'T DO IT AT ALL...YOU WALK AROUND WITH XBOX T-SHIRTS AND YOU THINK PS3 USERS ARE STUPID...LET IT BE GOTY AND USER SCORE A POOR 5!
  16. Dec 8, 2011
    Yes, the game breaking bug was bad. Yes they shouldn't have released the game in such a state, but **** happens, and the main thing is they patched it. Buy the PS3 version safe in the knowledge that it is now entirely playable, and easily the best game ever released on the Playstation, it's THAT good.
  17. Dec 8, 2011
    With all my heart I WANT to give this game a 10 but that qould in all honesty be cheating people out of hard earned money. DO NOT BUY THIS GAME it is bugged plagued with quest issues up and down and all over Skyrim from Riften to Solitude and it will ruin quest chains as a vital npc refuses to acknowledge you and you have to sit on your ass waiting for Bugthesda to sluggishly andWith all my heart I WANT to give this game a 10 but that qould in all honesty be cheating people out of hard earned money. DO NOT BUY THIS GAME it is bugged plagued with quest issues up and down and all over Skyrim from Riften to Solitude and it will ruin quest chains as a vital npc refuses to acknowledge you and you have to sit on your ass waiting for Bugthesda to sluggishly and uncaringly churn out a patch that in all honesty WON'T fix the problem.
    Now for the best part the FPS issues as you playthrough this land of should-be-wonder your save file goes up bit by bit leading to eventual FPS drops to 10-15 or even as bad as 8-0 and COMPLETELY FREEZING the game by the time your 60 hours in or have a file of around 5.5(not that large). Restarting over and over again just to have the issue return after around 30 minutes. Fun fact this issue was brought up by Bethesda and apparently 'resolved' in patch 1.2 which actually made this game EVEN BUGGIER and in some cases led the FPS cuts to get worse for some uses at a even shorter time of a 2.5mb file and 20 hours in which is completely unacceptable for a game of this standing and scope.
    TL;DR 0-10 hours: :D 10-25 hours :) 25-50 hours D:< 50+: your in blind rage
  18. Dec 9, 2011
    Curse you bethesda for making such an impossibly addicting and at the same time insufferable game! Believe me folks this game is bigger, better and more ambitious than any of the previous Elder Scrolls. And I happened to love all of them which is why it is very difficult for me to see one of my most beloved series almost reduced to this unplayable mess.. Sure some of the bugs are funny butCurse you bethesda for making such an impossibly addicting and at the same time insufferable game! Believe me folks this game is bigger, better and more ambitious than any of the previous Elder Scrolls. And I happened to love all of them which is why it is very difficult for me to see one of my most beloved series almost reduced to this unplayable mess.. Sure some of the bugs are funny but the 0 FPS when you're just happily trotting in the game world has definitely worn out its welcome. I mean c'mon, I can understand a game of this magnitude would have its share of quirks but literally playing a slideshow is no fun at all dude. I had 75+ hrs in w/ a 14mb save file and I have to restart the game roughly every hour just to play the game at a decent fps (10+ minutes of every hour mind you are also consumed by the loading screens). I'll give it a 1 though, simply because the Sanguine dremora prince quest is a riot but implore you good folks, DO NOT BUY THIS GAME FOR THE PS3, at least not until they fix that horrible lag. Hmm.. I guess I can go back to playing Morrowind since it is still clearly the BEST in the series, heh I might even play oblivion again even though I hate those damned oblivion gates just so I can kill time waiting for bethesda to patch skyrim. Expand
  19. Dec 8, 2011
    GAME IS BROKEN!!!!You hear me Beth???GAME IS BROKEN.The patch and the tips dont do a thing.I loved the snow,i loved the mamoths but i can't go on playing anymore :(.It lags and after some minutes freezes completely.
  20. Dec 8, 2011
    Buy this game for Xbox or the computer. Score on PS3 is a big fat ZERO. The game is amazing. But on PS3 it is completely broken. I should have known better after Fallout. Alarm bells were ringing for me when they did not release the PS3 version for review, but I had no idea it could be this bad. Bethesda has huge balls to outright lie the way they have been.
  21. Dec 8, 2011
    According to manu sites Beth didn't send PS3 review copies to the reviewers.It's absurd that this game got released.It's unfinished,it's buggy,it's laggy and freezes constantly after some play hours.DO NOT BUY THIS GAME.
  22. Dec 8, 2011
    Such an amazing game ruined by all of its bugs ,the ps3 owners were once again let down,the game lags so badly that you can't even play the game.It's ruined by LAG and FREEZES.DO NOT BUY THIS GAME.G

GAME IS BROKEN
  23. Dec 8, 2011
    GAME IS BROKEN GAME IS BROKEN GAME IS BROKEN GAME IS BROKEN GAME IS BROKEN GAME IS BROKEN

LAGS and FREEZES.DO NOT BUY IT.There will be no fixes,unless Beth decide to fix it.

GAME IS BROKEN GAME IS BROKEN GAME IS BROKEN GAME IS BROKEN GAME IS BROKEN
  24. Dec 8, 2011
    A definite 'buy' If you want to amuse your friends with Dragons that fly spastically backwards, Weapon racks that fail to activate (oh hold on... that is Whiterun only... my Windhelm one activates and places the weapons 'through' the wall), Mannequins that have their assorted body parts that vanish when adding your armor for display, Book shelves that no longer activate to hold books andA definite 'buy' If you want to amuse your friends with Dragons that fly spastically backwards, Weapon racks that fail to activate (oh hold on... that is Whiterun only... my Windhelm one activates and places the weapons 'through' the wall), Mannequins that have their assorted body parts that vanish when adding your armor for display, Book shelves that no longer activate to hold books and of course my favorite... LAGGGGGGGGGGGG Expand
  25. Dec 8, 2011
    All these 10 reviews that say "There are bugs but it's a great game..." No, if there are bugs it's not a perfect 10. Especially when these bugs are game-breaking for PS3 and cause frequent hardware lockups. Bethesda should be ashamed they rushed this to release in this condition and should be appalled by their handling of this. Advising people buy $180 SSD drives to band aid their problem?All these 10 reviews that say "There are bugs but it's a great game..." No, if there are bugs it's not a perfect 10. Especially when these bugs are game-breaking for PS3 and cause frequent hardware lockups. Bethesda should be ashamed they rushed this to release in this condition and should be appalled by their handling of this. Advising people buy $180 SSD drives to band aid their problem? Having the VP of PR ridicule consumers via social media? This many negative reviews has nothing to do with some type of organized internet attack. It has everything to do with a game that was released too soon and a company whose arrogance has peeved a lot of people off. You don't get negative press like this if there aren't problems. Expand
  26. Dec 8, 2011
    While no game is perfect, Skyrim is about as broken a game as you can get. The lag issues are not isolated, it will eventually happen to everyone, it all depends on how much change occurs in your game world. When it comes down to it, DON'T buy it for PS3, OR XBOX for that matter (Some people are starting to report lag issues on it as well),
  27. Dec 8, 2011
    Like many other users this was my most anticipated title of 2011. When the day finally came I almost cried tears of joy but that abruptly came to a halt. This game is....to say the least.....BROKEN to an unplayable degree once a certain playtime has been reached. It has a massive population of bugs and this being my first Bethesda game leaves me with a lasting sour taste in my mouth.Like many other users this was my most anticipated title of 2011. When the day finally came I almost cried tears of joy but that abruptly came to a halt. This game is....to say the least.....BROKEN to an unplayable degree once a certain playtime has been reached. It has a massive population of bugs and this being my first Bethesda game leaves me with a lasting sour taste in my mouth. Do not buy this game unless you enjoy constant freezing/crashing and game breaking lag that slows your game down to a turtles pace. Expand
  28. Dec 8, 2011
    The game has a major Lag issue where as you progress through the game the PS3 cannot handle the amount of information that the game is trying to get processed. So, basically about half way through the game it will start lagging and getting kind of buggy. After about 3/4 through the game it will start having major issues like freezing. Now I cannot even get through the final mission becauseThe game has a major Lag issue where as you progress through the game the PS3 cannot handle the amount of information that the game is trying to get processed. So, basically about half way through the game it will start lagging and getting kind of buggy. After about 3/4 through the game it will start having major issues like freezing. Now I cannot even get through the final mission because it keeps freezing repeatedly. This is extremely frustrating and completely ruins the game for me. Expand
  29. Dec 8, 2011
    A broken unplayable game. I'm not going to play this anymore. And I'm definitely not going to buy any other Bethesda games if they won't fix this. This is such a shame. There's actually a good game hidden under the broken mess
  30. Dec 8, 2011
    Skyrim is an outstanding game. I've played open world games before, but Skyrim has taken some of the best from each and put into one package. It feels like a hybrid of the best of Oblivion and Fallout, and everything NOT WORKS.DO NOT BUY THIS GAME.THIS GAME IS BROKEN.After your save file hits 5 MB bye bye Skyrim...
  31. Dec 8, 2011
    PlayStation LifeStyle,PSFocus,XGN,3DJuegos,PSM3 Magazine UK,GamingXP,IGN,Playstation Universe are lying.DO NOT BUY SKYRIM.It's not worth it.It freezes and lags all the time.There is no tip,tricks or fixes.DO NOT BUY IT
  32. Dec 8, 2011
    This game is horribly buggy on the PS3; basically unplayable after investing some time into it. The recent patches did NOTHING to solve it. I wanted to like this game. I really did. It's beautiful to look at, for awhile. Then it just becomes a crashing, locking-up nightmare. Ugh.
  33. Dec 8, 2011
    I like Bethesda Games, I know they create huge,large games full of many things to do. I know there will always be some bugs. Minor, major, or game breaking. I have played Elder Scrolls starting on the Xbox Original with Morrowind. Then played Oblivion on the Xbox 360 and Playstation 3. Fallout on Xbox 360 and again Playstation 3.

But .. this time for some of my own reasons. I decided to

But .. this time for some of my own reasons. I decided to try it on the Playstation 3 first. So far it has been great. *5MB Save* But i am sad to hear many gamers experiencing such bugs that freeze the game completely. I know one thing for sure. This will happen to me one of this days, but this a completely new bug that is trouble to the system and gamer. What i don't get is why Bethesda is taking so much time to fix this problem. It's like they are ignoring the bug. So for this i have lost trust and support for them. For now. I would completely not recommend getting this on the PS3. Best option would either wait for some miracle. Or .. just ge the 360 or PC version. Thank you.
  34. Dec 8, 2011
    Skyrim has the promise to be the best game of 2011, BUT!! the game on ps3 has been realeased with so many game breaker bugs its unplayable, worst of all most of the problems don't present untill you have invest alot of time and love into you character and game world leaving you with a feeling you have just been robbed, i would have waited for a working game and lavished the love itSkyrim has the promise to be the best game of 2011, BUT!! the game on ps3 has been realeased with so many game breaker bugs its unplayable, worst of all most of the problems don't present untill you have invest alot of time and love into you character and game world leaving you with a feeling you have just been robbed, i would have waited for a working game and lavished the love it deserved instead i'm left wondering if i'll ever see the end of this title or want to Expand
  35. Dec 8, 2011
    Wait till the Ps3 version is fixed, or get a different version. I love this game, I think it's freaking awesome, but I just can't put up with all the frustration of the constant freezing, framerate drops, bugged quests, etc...

I have friends with the Xbox version and none of them have had anywhere near the amount of problems I've had with the Ps3 version.
  36. Dec 8, 2011
    This is arguably the best game of the year in Artistic Production and imagination in content. Regretfully, the PS3 version turns unplayable after a while. The freezing problem is a game breaker. Some other bugs are important but the freezing and frame rate drop turns the experience unbearable.
  37. Dec 8, 2011
    I'll get about 32$ for a 60$ game at Microplay, in exchange of another game, After that they cry when poeple hack the PC version. Us fellow PS3 user we get what, an unfinished game.
  38. Dec 8, 2011
    Fantastic game; terrible stability. I recommend avoiding the PS3 version until Bethesda fixes the issue with the unplayable lag that's seemingly plaguing many PS3 users, including me, after the 60 hour mark. I would love to give this game a perfect score, but I just can't recommend this to anyone as of now, especially when Bethesda does not seem to be actively and clearly notifying itsFantastic game; terrible stability. I recommend avoiding the PS3 version until Bethesda fixes the issue with the unplayable lag that's seemingly plaguing many PS3 users, including me, after the 60 hour mark. I would love to give this game a perfect score, but I just can't recommend this to anyone as of now, especially when Bethesda does not seem to be actively and clearly notifying its customers that they will fix the problem on the PS3. Until then, this is warning to all potential buyers of the PS3 version of Skyrim to avoid buying this game until they fix the lag. Expand
  39. Dec 8, 2011
    Do not buy this version of the game. The game is completely unplayable after 60 hours or 8mbps save file. The lag is unbearable and I am disappointed at the developers. I will be returning this game and getting it for my box. My buddy has 120 hours on the xbox and it is just fine. Awful! Thank you Bethesda.
  40. Dec 9, 2011
    I hope that the mere fact that your on metacritic shows that you like to know about the product before you buy it. Well, the negative reviews are just about spot on in my opinion. The game has so much potential, but its broken in its current state. And for those fanboys still giving it ten and calling the bad reviewers "trolls", have you been to Bethesdas forums for ps3? Have you seen ignsI hope that the mere fact that your on metacritic shows that you like to know about the product before you buy it. Well, the negative reviews are just about spot on in my opinion. The game has so much potential, but its broken in its current state. And for those fanboys still giving it ten and calling the bad reviewers "trolls", have you been to Bethesdas forums for ps3? Have you seen igns scathing article about the ps3 version? Maybe you are the trolls (or perhaps desperate Bethesda employees). Hi Todd and Pete. Expand
  41. Dec 9, 2011
    I strongly suggest you wait until the game of the year edition is out and hopefully by then they'll know exactly what's wrong with the PS3 version of Skyrim and how to fix it. The gameplay is great, but in it's current state it is unfortunately unplayable.

Sadly their strategy seems to be to rush a game to market, then frantically try and patch the issues while their customers QA it.
  42. Dec 9, 2011
    Game is broken, PS3 locks up during play even with auto saves turned off etc etc. Controller issues - randomly lose control. Freezes and stutters prevalent when save game gets above a certain size. If you enjoy having to reset your console go for it, otherwise avoid until confirmed fixed by others. Great concept, great frustration, great god, did they really release it in this state...
  43. Dec 9, 2011
    Game has become unplayable due to lag. Until it is fixed I'll shall be playing games from companies that have decent QA. Bethesda need to get their act together. Nothing more to be said.
  44. Dec 9, 2011
    **STEER WELL CLEAR. GAME IS BROKEN ON PS3.**

**STEER WELL CLEAR. GAME IS BROKEN ON PS3.**

I'll describe it like this. On PS3, the longer you play, the more you do. The more you do, the more information the game has to store in its save file. The more information it stores in its save file, the bigger the save file gets. The bigger the save file gets, the slower the games framerate runs. The slower the games framerate runs the harder it is to move. Eventually, before you've seen even half of its total content your game grinds to a complete halt and you can't interact with NPC's or activate, complete quests or items. This tends to happen after only about 60 hours of gameplay. The game is advertised as having approx 300 hours of content in it. There has been no fix for this yet announced by Bethesda and it is a universal problem. It happens to everyone, just at different times. I repeat, DO NOT BUY THIS GAME FOR PS3.
  45. Dec 9, 2011
    When the lag starts you better return your copy.It's unplayable.Bethesda doesn't hear or care for us.DO NOT BUY THIS GAME.It's not the bugs,nor the glitches,mamoth lag can ruin your enjoyement and your ps3,after your save file hits a certain MB extent.There will be no fix,nor any further improvement just DLC.
  46. Dec 9, 2011
    Do not buy this version of the game. The game is completely unplayable after 60 hours or 8mbps save file. The lag is unbearable and I am disappointed at the developers. I will be returning this game.SKYRIM PS3 VERSION IS BROKEN
  47. Dec 9, 2011
    This game is amazing. I have not had any problems with bugs and I would recommend this highly. The sheer size of the world, the sheer amount of sidequests, the improvements to the gameplay, there's not much in the game that can go wrong.
  48. Dec 9, 2011
    This thing is not a game.Game is something you can paly with.Skyrim is unplayable.Don't listen to lies except if you have SSD.IN any other case DO NOT BUY Skyrim.It's broken,really broken.You cannot play more than 20 hours without problems hit you and they will you hit you hard trust me...
  49. Dec 9, 2011
    I should have learned from playing Fallout 3 and Fallout:New Vegas. Bethesda NEVER fixes the lag problems and glitches for PS3 owners. This game is the worst of them all. After about 30 hours and a 6 meg file, there are constant framerate issues, texture drops and system lockups which will kill your PS3 in the long run. They make terrific, engaging games but their lack of concern for PS3I should have learned from playing Fallout 3 and Fallout:New Vegas. Bethesda NEVER fixes the lag problems and glitches for PS3 owners. This game is the worst of them all. After about 30 hours and a 6 meg file, there are constant framerate issues, texture drops and system lockups which will kill your PS3 in the long run. They make terrific, engaging games but their lack of concern for PS3 owners is deplorable. If Bethesda doesn't fix the lag issue once and for all, these guys should be taken to court for continually selling and marketing broken games. I want my $60 back! Expand
  50. Dec 9, 2011
    There are too many issues with this game and should never have been released until they were fixed. The lag was bad but the longer I played the worse it got, now they game will not play. I load the game play for 5 min and freeze.
  51. Dec 9, 2011
    this game is an unplayable pile of bugs and lag, bethesda stole our money. they knew it had a problem and they did nothing about it at all. dont waste your money, it will be cash down the toilet
  52. Dec 9, 2011
    Bugs should knock a gaming masterpiece down from a 10 to a 9, not from a 10 to a 0. The number of people that gave the game a 0 is truly indicative of one thing: trolls are truly whiny deep down. Big games will have a few glitches. Not every game will provide the instant gratification that Call of Duty does. Get over it.
  53. Dec 9, 2011
    Don't buy this game for PS3! Bethesda's track record on PS3 titles was horrible, and this one isn't any better. If they can't make a technically sound game on the Playstation 3 console, they shouldn't release one. It's unfortunate, because the game itself is great under the technical mess that is their game engine. The first few hours are great, but once your game file gets to a certainDon't buy this game for PS3! Bethesda's track record on PS3 titles was horrible, and this one isn't any better. If they can't make a technically sound game on the Playstation 3 console, they shouldn't release one. It's unfortunate, because the game itself is great under the technical mess that is their game engine. The first few hours are great, but once your game file gets to a certain size it begans to stutter and freeze to the point that it becomes unbearable. Keep in mind that I haven't even mentioned the multitude of gameplay glitches and bugs - there are people who can't even complete the main quest! Don't pay for a broken game, otherwise they will keep putting them out. Expand
  54. Dec 9, 2011
    Skyrim has everything to be a good game, a really good game. But there are many problems. After my save game data reach 10mb, the game was so laggy that became unplayable.DO NOT BUY SKYRIM.It's broken...
  55. Dec 9, 2011
    This game will become unplayable after your save game file reaches around 6 MB, and they refuse to properly address the problem. It's broken and will be sustain being broken. Don't buy it.Skyrim could be great but lag and freezs killed it...
  56. Dec 9, 2011
    Skyrim has a game breaking bug in the engine which will prevent you from playing further when you've spent enough time playing. The save file grows to a ridiculous size and at that point the game has deteriorated into a 0 fps slideshow. Thus,i don't recommend this game.It desrves a 0.
  57. Dec 9, 2011
    I'm very disappointed in this game. It bothers me that this'll probably get GOTY, because this is the exact type of disregard for the gamer that we shouldn't be encouraging.

I'll start with the good. If you liked Oblivion, this game is better in all aspects. The archery is great, sneaking is pretty fun, it looks very pretty. The attention to detail is fantastic, you'll go into caves or tombs and enemies will talk to each other, and often with unique conversations- you don't feel like you're going into 'bandit cave 54' after a couple side quests- your first time into any dungeon will usually feel like a unique experience.

The bad now- melee combat is clunky, far behind industry norms. It feels like you're a drunkard swinging around a club even if you're using a short sword. Magic is decent, if limited in what you can do with it, but again, awkward to use- 2hd weapons are even worse. You'll spend half your play time teleporting from place to place at the whims of quest givers if you're looking for trophies in particular.

Now for the awful. I feel like I'm being very generous giving this game a 6- but, this game could have been an 8 even with the poor combat system, just because of the sheer scope. To start out, I found the bugs amusing. Backwards flying dragons (admittedly annoying because even if killed, they wouldn't drop), flying mammoths, falling through the ground- these are things I can get a chuckle out of. The overwhelming loading screens made my teeth grind, but, I put up with ME elevators, so I could handle that too. Guild questlines becoming unfinishable due to a bug- THAT is unacceptable. The first time it happened, I was mad- lots of time down the drain, and I wasn't expecting it and my auto saves had already overwritten each other from going through doors trying to find the quest giver (before checking online to find out this was just a bug). The second and third time it happened on guild quests (ie- meaning, for trophies, and pretty much the 'main' sidequests), I was getting pissed off- gamebreaking bugs on sidequests? Fine, I don't care, they don't get tested as much, they don't mean much, I'm ok with that. But unfinishable bugs on this guild quest... then that one... then again, and again, and again- NO, come on! TEST THE MAIN QUESTS FFS!!! And while apparantly PC and XBOX didn't seem to have as much trouble with the lag, everywhere I checked for info on glitches- they DID have those issues too. I've played alot of big games on ps3- dark souls, fall out 3... I've also played and beaten New Vegas and Alpha Protocol, and let me tell you, Skyrim makes Obsidian look like the gods of polishing games in comparison- I've never had lag before, the total number of crashes in the two years I've had a ps3 is way less then the crashes just in Skyrim, and I've never had so many glitches in a game, period.

Frankly, my opinion of Bethesda was that they release a broken game and let the fans finish it with modding- that sure hasn't changed now, and I will never be buying a game at release from this company again if this is the kind of rushed polish they're going to give on bug finding.

6/10, 8/10 if they fix all the bug and the lag issues, maybe 6.5/10 for the lagfree PC/XBOX since they do still have the glitches.
  58. Apr 8, 2012
    I'm redoing my review now for Skyrim on ps3 after a long 6month wait for a fix from Bethesda.so now that patch 1.5 is available I decided to retry Skyrim and give it one last shot.let me start out by saying that patch 1.4 was a good patch but patch 1.5 is the better patch, since now I'm able to play with less and I do mean much less problems than before...so far I haven't had any gameI'm redoing my review now for Skyrim on ps3 after a long 6month wait for a fix from Bethesda.so now that patch 1.5 is available I decided to retry Skyrim and give it one last shot.let me start out by saying that patch 1.4 was a good patch but patch 1.5 is the better patch, since now I'm able to play with less and I do mean much less problems than before...so far I haven't had any game crashes/freezes or frame-rate drops like I did with patch 1.4 things do seem much smoother now and working better overall.however this game still needs more fixes, and the damage has been done in terms of quality.besides that i'm happy thus far with Skyrim after patch 1.5. Expand
  59. Dec 9, 2011
    THIS IS ONE OF THE BEST GAMES I'VE EVER PLAYED!!! Yes it has bugs, and it can be frustrating. BUT that is expected in a game of this calibre. Play for a few hours and you will be immersed in this game like you never thought possible. The massive world provides variety in creatures, towns and dungeons. Don't let a bugs ruin this magnificent masterpiece. BUY IT!!!!
  60. Dec 10, 2011
    DO NOT BUY THIS GAME. This game should have never been released and is full of bugs. Bethesda should be sued for trying to get away with this. My money would of been better off with the suites on Wall Street. Really Bethesda how with a conscious mind could have you done this. Fvcking greed, so how do you feel now. You guys are the terrorists of the gaming world. I'm done with you.
  61. Dec 10, 2011
    Despite this being an excellent game, IT IS NOT PLAYABLE ON THE PS3 (after you hit around 6-8mb) save file. And when you hit 6-8mb you probably haven't even experienced half of it yet! Something needs to be done.
  62. Dec 10, 2011
    Don't but this game yet! Game is broken, I've got 160 hrs into the game and most of it was due to stupid lags and bugs, not due to enjoyment. Bethesda beefed up Fallout Engine and renamed it to Creation Engine, bollocks.
  63. Dec 10, 2011
    Game is pretty decent until it breaks. This exact same thing happened in New Vegas. After a certain point the game becomes a little laggy. Then it gets worse. Then it gets painful to even attempt playing due to horrible framerate issues. If you are crazy enough to continue further, you'll eventually be rewarded with a completely unplayable game and may even damage your PS3 in the process.Game is pretty decent until it breaks. This exact same thing happened in New Vegas. After a certain point the game becomes a little laggy. Then it gets worse. Then it gets painful to even attempt playing due to horrible framerate issues. If you are crazy enough to continue further, you'll eventually be rewarded with a completely unplayable game and may even damage your PS3 in the process.

If a video game should ever be recalled it is this mess. There is little doubt Bethesda knew this issues that plagued its games in the past was around and released the product anyways.
  64. Dec 10, 2011
    Game is pretty decent until it breaks. This exact same thing happened in New Vegas. After a certain point the game becomes a little laggy. Then it gets worse. Then it gets painful to even attempt playing due to horrible framerate issues. If you are crazy enough to continue further, you'll eventually be rewarded with a completely unplayable game and may even damage your PS3. DONT BUY THIS GAME!
  65. Dec 10, 2011
    This game was amazing for the little time it worked. If you plan on playing it for more then the main story line Do Not Buy Skyrim! By the time I hit 25hours I had massive lag after every 30mins. Probably less like 20mins. I sucked it up because we was promised a patch. By the time I hit 50 hours like 1000 resets later. I gave up all hope for this game. The freeze ups will kill your ps3This game was amazing for the little time it worked. If you plan on playing it for more then the main story line Do Not Buy Skyrim! By the time I hit 25hours I had massive lag after every 30mins. Probably less like 20mins. I sucked it up because we was promised a patch. By the time I hit 50 hours like 1000 resets later. I gave up all hope for this game. The freeze ups will kill your ps3 system. And gameplay is very stressful. Not to mention it corrupts data for alot of people. Get on youtube type Skyrim Ps3 Lag. Expand
  66. Dec 10, 2011
    What started out as a beautiful game turned into a horrible mess. There are too many quest-breaking bugs, glitches, and performance issues such as huge framerate drops, lag, and unresponsive menu interface. Avoid the PS3 version (or the game altogether) until they come out with a patch that actually fixes these issues, unless you want to spend $60+ to beta-test an unpolished game.
  67. Dec 10, 2011
    DO NOT BUY SKYRIM! The game is broken, and not playable on the PS3. It is a fantastic game for the first couple of hours. But the frame rate will drop, until it is unplayable after some hours of gameplay.i can't believe a broken game could even win VGA...
  68. Dec 10, 2011
    Well things could be differnent for Skyrim if it didn't have so many bugs and glitches,so many lags and freezes.Unfortunately that's not the case,Skyrim is not a bad game,it's a broken game and that's more depressing...
  69. Dec 10, 2011
    Well my game till patch 1.2 was so good,but that patch was a disaster.Skyrim freezing all the time,it's unplayable anymore.Lag was heavy sometimes but never freezing before the patch,i don't know what to do about it.Tips didn't help,swaping disks either...Skyrim takes a 0 from me.
  70. Dec 10, 2011
    Bethesda has created something so beautiful as Skyrim. but if you're playing the PS3 version, you won't be able to enjoy it. Skyrim on the PS3 is a completely BROKEN game. I can deal with minor visual anomalies and the odd crash here and there. But the problem with the PS3 version of Skyrim is that you can't play for more than minutes without game breaking lag and constant freezes that canBethesda has created something so beautiful as Skyrim. but if you're playing the PS3 version, you won't be able to enjoy it. Skyrim on the PS3 is a completely BROKEN game. I can deal with minor visual anomalies and the odd crash here and there. But the problem with the PS3 version of Skyrim is that you can't play for more than minutes without game breaking lag and constant freezes that can kill your ps3. Expand
  71. Dec 10, 2011
    This is such a fantastic game... The lag is unbearable around 25+ hours in.afteThe game was hyped as you could play hundred's of hours on a single playthrough but sadly you wont get this satisfaction on ps3. They are saying the dlc for skyrim will be massive but this will just make the lag worse so I would have never bought this game if I knew what I know now. I am disapointed...
  72. Dec 11, 2011
    There is just one thing you need to know, and that is DO NOT BUY THIS GAME FOR THE PS3!!! There is a game-breaking bug where once you reach around 6mb in your save file, the frame rate becomes so bad that it is literally unplayable. What should have been an utterly enjoyable piece of gaming heaven becomes a downright unplayable piece of garbage. Your best bet is to wait until this problemThere is just one thing you need to know, and that is DO NOT BUY THIS GAME FOR THE PS3!!! There is a game-breaking bug where once you reach around 6mb in your save file, the frame rate becomes so bad that it is literally unplayable. What should have been an utterly enjoyable piece of gaming heaven becomes a downright unplayable piece of garbage. Your best bet is to wait until this problem is fixed, though it's doubtful that it ever will. The fact that the game was released in this state is absolutely appalling. Surely Bethesda would've known about this bug, but they just decided to release it anyway and screw over the Ps3 users. This was a total waste of $60. The biggest disappointment of the year. Expand
  73. Dec 11, 2011
    Super awesome game, no seriously, quite easily best game ever from bethesda......but unfortunately broken due to memory leak issue or whatever it is. Once you reach a certain save file size it just takes a poop, for me it was 11mb to be completely unplayable on that profile. When they fix this broken game I will fix my broken score.
  74. Dec 11, 2011
    THIS GAME IS BROKEN DO NOT BUY THIS GAME.It's an awesome game but why,why,why to has so many bugs and lags???WHY No fixes,no patches are going to face these problems.It will remain broken...
  75. Dec 11, 2011
    Where to start? Obviously, many users now know of the many bugs, glitches, borked gameplay issues, errors that have plagued various versions of SKYRIM. -From broken quest lines to missed triggers, flying horses, missing heads on player-toons, backward dragons and more, SKYRIM's reviews have also been blessed with 10s and desultory 0s, depending upon the multivariable motivations orWhere to start? Obviously, many users now know of the many bugs, glitches, borked gameplay issues, errors that have plagued various versions of SKYRIM. -From broken quest lines to missed triggers, flying horses, missing heads on player-toons, backward dragons and more, SKYRIM's reviews have also been blessed with 10s and desultory 0s, depending upon the multivariable motivations or largesse of individual reviewers.This game is unplayable... Expand
  76. Dec 11, 2011
    I really wished all these Bethesda fan boys would stop giving the game 10's. The game is B-R-O-K-E-N on PS3, okay? Go rate the XBOX or PC version if you can't stand to see your precious game dropping to the score it deserves on THIS platform, which happens to be the PS3. Schmocks!
  77. Dec 11, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. To all of the 0's, you don't write reviews on bugs or glitches. You write about how the game-play, story, combat, etc. is and how the game is supposed to be played. Also, 1.2 removed the lag and soon the resistances will be fixed. Anyways, Skyrim is the best Elder Scrolls game yet. This is utterly amazing due to the fact that Morrowind held this title for 9 years due to the size and story. Skyrim leads you on a quest as the Dovahkiin, a person born with the soul of a dragon. This gives you the ability to learn Words of Power by absorbing the souls of dragons. As all the previous Elder Scrolls games, you can avoid the story completely, but you won't learn some of the words of power. The Daedric quests have been improved also. Instead of just going to the Shrine of a Daedric Prince and getting a quest like in Oblivion, some of them will start by entering a certain location or talking to a certain person. Back to the shouts. They intertwine with combat so well that you can be deep in a fight and use a shout to turn the tide of the battle. It doesn't feel out of place or overpowering, as they have to recharge on set amounts of time based on strength. To keep balance, Bethesda included enemies that can wield the Voice too. The story also includes game changing moments. If you join the Civil War, you can change the guards at each city based on who you joined. The factions make a return with the Thieves Guild in Riften, the Companions in Whiterun who are the new Fighters Guild, the College of Winterhold in Winterhold who take the place of the Mages Guild, and the Dark Brotherhood who are much more complicated to join than last time. Each of these have a unique story that adds to the experience and feels like it fits. Combat has a nice flow to it now, including execution style slow-motion attacks and decapitations with certain perks. The perks add a new level of experience to the game allowing you to create a mage, a soldier, a thief, an assassin, etc. You can go up to a maximum level of 81, with a soft-cap of 50. To reach 81, all skills must be 100, creating one of the most epic of challenges to accomplish. Each race feels unique within the game, except the Argonians abilities are not as useful as they used to be, as there are very few reasons or places to go underwater, but their resistance to poison and disease are useful. As one last reminder, the game has a patch and has become the ultimate PS3 game. For any problems with the game, there will always be patches, and the reason for so many bugs is the size of the game. The map is massive and so beautifully detailed that they wouldn't ever be able to catch every single problem with the game. The PC version was bugged and is now fixed. The X-Box version was bugged and is no fixed. The PS3 version was bugged and is now fixed. Fix the 0's and give this game the credit it deserves. Expand
  78. Dec 11, 2011
    This would be a great game if it wasn't for the bugs, the framerate issues and the way it basically collapses in on itself the more you play it. If it worked, I'd give it a ten. Right now I'm giving Bethesda a zero, because this thing needed a lot more time in the oven before it was done. Don't sell me a broken product and expect to get away with it.
  79. Dec 11, 2011
    This game is broken. Many people get horrendous game-breaking lag after about 40 hours into the game. Don't buy the PS3 version until they get it fixed or you will be wasting your money.
  80. Dec 11, 2011
    This game is a crap.DO NOT BUY this game.There are so many problems in the version of ps3 that makes it unplayable.You will regret if you buy it.You wouldn't buy a game that is just full of bugs.You cannot even complete quests because there bugged and the frame drops are constant along with freezes
  81. Dec 11, 2011
    This game had so much potential, but alas, it was all wasted due to poor optimization for the PS3. If you want to play this game, buy it for the Xbox or PC, it works fine on those platforms, but if you only have a PS3, go stare at a microwave instead (this will be much more entertaining than trying to play this game at 10 frames per second and waiting through 2 minute load screens afterThis game had so much potential, but alas, it was all wasted due to poor optimization for the PS3. If you want to play this game, buy it for the Xbox or PC, it works fine on those platforms, but if you only have a PS3, go stare at a microwave instead (this will be much more entertaining than trying to play this game at 10 frames per second and waiting through 2 minute load screens after every minute of gameplay). I returned the PS3 copy for a PC one, and I haven't looked back. Expand
  82. Dec 11, 2011
    The game started without a hitch. No lag, no broken quests then as soon as my file size reached 6 MB it all went to hell. While walking around town, I noticed my screen freezing and struggling to show my character and the surroundings. Restarting the game was my only option. Which fixed the problem temporarily. Things got progressively worse after 6 MB. My save file is currently at 12 MBThe game started without a hitch. No lag, no broken quests then as soon as my file size reached 6 MB it all went to hell. While walking around town, I noticed my screen freezing and struggling to show my character and the surroundings. Restarting the game was my only option. Which fixed the problem temporarily. Things got progressively worse after 6 MB. My save file is currently at 12 MB and it lags as hell.. Expand
  83. Dec 11, 2011
    Bethesda needs to face up to the fact that they deliver broken games to it's PS3 community. I have played Elder Scrolls:Oblivion, Fallout 3 & Fallout: New Vegas before purchasing Elder Scrolls Skyrim. I have put way too many hours into all these games. I will admit I love these games, but the fact that we are dealing with the same technical issues is disappointing. Especially for a gameBethesda needs to face up to the fact that they deliver broken games to it's PS3 community. I have played Elder Scrolls:Oblivion, Fallout 3 & Fallout: New Vegas before purchasing Elder Scrolls Skyrim. I have put way too many hours into all these games. I will admit I love these games, but the fact that we are dealing with the same technical issues is disappointing. Especially for a game that wins awards. Interestingly enough the game I had the least problems with was Oblivion. But Fallout 3 had plenty of framerate & crash issues, followed by the mess that was New Vegas and now Skyrim, which was highly anticipated by me and other PS3 Elder Scrolls fans gets released with the same issues and frustrations we've dealt with in past titles using the same game engine. Its very discouraging and disappointing. Where is the quality assurance in the video game industry ? I can't in clear conscience recommend anybody buy this game on PS3. If this game ran without the freezing and problems, I would give it a 10 rating for sure, but as it stands it makes a better coaster for my beverage than a game to put into my PS3. Sorry Bethesda......that's the honest truth. Deal with it. Expand
  84. Dec 12, 2011
    Great game for the first 40 hours... til it becomes unplayable due to horrible drops in frame rates that actually drop to 0 frames per second, along with the famous system locks and crashes Bethesda's famous for. I would recommend getting it on 360 if possible if you're interested in Elder Scrolls V! You've been warned!!!!
  85. Dec 12, 2011
    This game is completely broken on the ps3. The game will slowly wither away the more you play it, until it becomes absolutely unplayable. The lag starts around the 30 hour mark and gets progressively worse. If you must have this game, wait until it's patched or DO NOT BUY THIS GAME
  86. Dec 12, 2011
    And the oscar for the most laggy game of all time goes to SKYRIM!!!What a disappointment was that?What a disaster?It's unplayable after some long hours of playing,you can't keep playing anymore it's broken really.Avoid this game,evade its lag and huge problems...
  87. Dec 12, 2011
    Bethesda intentionally shipped a broken version of the game on PS3 and I would bet at this moment they have no idea of how to address the issue. The issue is lag. After a period of time playing the game and your save file size starts to exceed 7mb, The game will start lagging so bad that it becomes impossible to play. I have played this game today and it has crashed 7 times. Everyone whoBethesda intentionally shipped a broken version of the game on PS3 and I would bet at this moment they have no idea of how to address the issue. The issue is lag. After a period of time playing the game and your save file size starts to exceed 7mb, The game will start lagging so bad that it becomes impossible to play. I have played this game today and it has crashed 7 times. Everyone who is having these problems with Skyrim on thier PS3 should be trading their games in to keep Bethesda from taking money from customers and selling them a broken product Expand
  88. Dec 12, 2011
    Skyrim is something unique in many ways,it's a fantastic huge epic world,one of the most massives on the consoles RPG standars.But there is a great deliverance between that and what hides beneath it.Dragons aren't so scary as the frame drops are,Freezing issues are more dangerous than dungeons and beware,beware my brave warriors the Skyrim itself problems can kill your beloved kingdom ofSkyrim is something unique in many ways,it's a fantastic huge epic world,one of the most massives on the consoles RPG standars.But there is a great deliverance between that and what hides beneath it.Dragons aren't so scary as the frame drops are,Freezing issues are more dangerous than dungeons and beware,beware my brave warriors the Skyrim itself problems can kill your beloved kingdom of PS3.Do not let this happen... Expand
  89. Dec 12, 2011
    The anticipation and excitement for this game by RPG lovers could only be satiated by a near-perfect game designed with the care you've come to expect from games such as Bioshock and previous Elder Scrolls titles. This, unfortunately, is not such a game. The story has potential, but essentially most quests boil down to townsfolk who are incapable of doing anything sending you out on choresThe anticipation and excitement for this game by RPG lovers could only be satiated by a near-perfect game designed with the care you've come to expect from games such as Bioshock and previous Elder Scrolls titles. This, unfortunately, is not such a game. The story has potential, but essentially most quests boil down to townsfolk who are incapable of doing anything sending you out on chores such as 'pick up a letter here' or 'go talk to this guy'. The reason you play a game is not to spend 10 quest objectives or 30 minutes of game time finding a location to do battle, but rather to engage in said battle. While this isn't the case all the time, all too often you are sent on talking missions that are not in the least bit fun or interesting. The design of the talents and skills leveling is deep, but at certain points is laughably funny. I watched as my friend with full level sneak stabbed a person while that person was looking directly at them, and they did not attack back. I've seen the pot-on-the-head videos, where in real life you would engage in fistacuffs should someone place a pot on your head. In this game, it is acceptable, and almost as normal as wearing a hat. All that being said, there is still more negative. The bugs on the ps3, and the game in general, is truly unacceptable. From auto-saving slow down (5-7 second lockups when going to quest menu), to graphical slowdowns almost every single time you fast travel to a location, to mobs ceasing to attack in numerous occasions (dragons included: you can't imagine how epic a dragon fight may feel, only to have the dragon stop attacking and just look around while you kill it. It crushes your soul), the game is not at an acceptable level for release. I've beta tested games, and this is at a beta level right now. If Bethesda doesn't get their stuff together and patch this game up, it's not worth purchasing. It's not even a top 5 game of the year (for the ps3) in it's current state. It gets a 6. Expand
  90. Dec 12, 2011
    An incredible game when you first start, but the game degrades into a buggy mess the further you play, and the bigger your save file gets.
    I was hoping I wouldn't run into the same slow-down and bugs others people have complained about, (or that I've seen on youtube), and for the most part, the lag and slowdown wasn't that bad, the game was still playable. But then the crashing started. Crash after crash. Even with auto-saving turned off, I found the game would randomly freeze, with the auto-save msg at the top. (wait what?!) That's right, It was still auto-saving after I turned off ALL the auto-save options. I double, and triple checked. They were all disabled. There is a HUGE amount of bugs, new ones being discovered daily. It seems the PS3 players are beta testing for Bethesda..

The game at its core is beautiful, but with all these problems, it's BROKEN. This is the most unpolished buggiest game I have EVER played on a console. I play on a console to AVOID games crashing. Anyone on the fence about buying this game, goto the official Bethesda forums, the "Technical Issues" section for the PS3. Peruse some threads, and see for yourself just how insanely unfinished and broken this "GOTY" actually is...
  91. Dec 12, 2011
    This game takes everything you loved about oblivion and morrowind to create one of the most memorable gaming experiences I have had in some time. The game is in no way perfect though. I can only speak for the PS3 version but there are tons of glitches. Some can be funny and even charming but other times it makes the game feel almost broken. Also, you cannot map commonly used weapons, itemsThis game takes everything you loved about oblivion and morrowind to create one of the most memorable gaming experiences I have had in some time. The game is in no way perfect though. I can only speak for the PS3 version but there are tons of glitches. Some can be funny and even charming but other times it makes the game feel almost broken. Also, you cannot map commonly used weapons, items or spells to the directional pad. Making you stop time and ruin the moment of the game when u need to switch weapons. That being said the game looks beautiful, the sound score is pitch perfect, and content is massive. 910 right now, would probably make that a 10 if the upcoming patches fix the bugs. Expand
  92. Jan 13, 2013
    I'm glad I waited a year to buy and play this game, as it appears I'm not dealing with any of the bugs so many people have complained of. It's a great game in many respects. Beautiful graphics, great soundtrack, immersive storyline, and very involved experience and item creation system. The only complaint I have is many of the quests are pretty much exactly the same with differentI'm glad I waited a year to buy and play this game, as it appears I'm not dealing with any of the bugs so many people have complained of. It's a great game in many respects. Beautiful graphics, great soundtrack, immersive storyline, and very involved experience and item creation system. The only complaint I have is many of the quests are pretty much exactly the same with different dialogue: something happens, you have to go get something, it's in a dungeon filled with zombies. It can make parts of the game a bit tedious. But it's still one of those games that you can sit down and play all day, then think about it all next day while you're at work. That has to count for something. Expand
  93. Dec 12, 2011
    The lack of acknowledgement by so many reviewers about how broken this game is for some people on PS3 only makes the fact that it is unplayable a bit curious about what happened with the PS3 version.Visit Beth forums and you will see why so many users here give it a zero.I will give it a zero too.The truth is not in the professional reviews,it's here and in the forums...
  94. Dec 14, 2011
    Brilliant Game! The best immersive RPG to come out....visually stunning, epic fights with cinematic finishing kills, a huge living world to explore and loads of epic dungeons to explore and fight through.
    Oh and the Dragons are the most amazing dragons i`ve seen in any video game in over 30 years of playing games.
    Don`t listen to the silly trolls on here who have made multiple accounts

Don`t listen to the silly trolls on here who have made multiple accounts etc. to wreck the scores...this game is THE EPIC RPG.....forget rubbish like Two Words 2 or non existent, bug ridden Dark Souls. THIS IS THE KING OF RPG`s..
  95. Dec 14, 2011
    Skyrim has serious game breaking frame drops that will prevent you from playing further when you would want to spend hours and hours there The save file grows to an enormous size and the game just freezes without having anything to do to help or improve the problem...
  96. Dec 14, 2011
    This game is very addictive and fun to play. There's hardly a more deep and lenghty single player out there in the market. Unfortunately it has lots of glitches and some of them are game breaking (I dare you to try to kill that backwards flying dragon). The slowdown and lag are not as bad as some people make out to be, but still there is no excuse for the lackluster performance on theThis game is very addictive and fun to play. There's hardly a more deep and lenghty single player out there in the market. Unfortunately it has lots of glitches and some of them are game breaking (I dare you to try to kill that backwards flying dragon). The slowdown and lag are not as bad as some people make out to be, but still there is no excuse for the lackluster performance on the platform and every player should demand a solution from bethesda. Expand
  97. Jan 3, 2012
    AMAZING game. When it works. Which it stops doing after a while and becomes unplayable. And when I say unplayable, I dont mean it as hyperbole or exaggeration. It is literally unplayable. It could have been the best game of this generation, certainly of the year, but it is fatally broken and now serves no purpose to me other than looking good on the shelf.
  98. Dec 15, 2011
    BE WARNED! PS3 game is very broken and theres not much hope for it to ever work properly. It's so nice to play for tens of hours to find out that it becomes unplayable after that because of freezing and lagging + other "fun" glitches. If you have a chance of returning the game, DO IT and demand you get your money back. It's just unreal how Bethesda f***s their fanbase with such brokenBE WARNED! PS3 game is very broken and theres not much hope for it to ever work properly. It's so nice to play for tens of hours to find out that it becomes unplayable after that because of freezing and lagging + other "fun" glitches. If you have a chance of returning the game, DO IT and demand you get your money back. It's just unreal how Bethesda f***s their fanbase with such broken release!
    GOTY my ass.
  99. Dec 15, 2011
    AVOID THE PS3 VERSION!The game starts great but after a significant investment of time it becomes a lag ridden unplayable train wreck.Bethesda has a bad history with PS3 game development as Fallout 3 and the sequel Fallout New Vegas had the same issues.Bethesda does not develop games for the PS3 the do poor ports of the 360 versions and just spoon feed consumers lies saying they will fixAVOID THE PS3 VERSION!The game starts great but after a significant investment of time it becomes a lag ridden unplayable train wreck.Bethesda has a bad history with PS3 game development as Fallout 3 and the sequel Fallout New Vegas had the same issues.Bethesda does not develop games for the PS3 the do poor ports of the 360 versions and just spoon feed consumers lies saying they will fix it next patch and never do ie Fallout 3 and Fallout 3 NV. Expand
  100. Dec 16, 2011
    Best game I have ever played. Although there are lag issues, im giving this a 10 based on the fact that they will probably be patched. Lag issues not to be ignored. Thing is, so much good content. Worth buying for full price.

1. Official PlayStation Magazine Benelux
    Jan 2, 2012
    This is a game full of emotions for gamers who are willing to embrace it. A beautiful fantasy land that makes loading times a thing of the past and is full of surprises. Not only do you get a lot of variety in the locations, the gameplay offers a lot of different experiences as well. [December 2011, p.66]
  2. Dec 28, 2011
    I enjoyed Skyrim and I look forward to the DLC that we know is inevitably coming. If we looked at this honestly, though, this game probably should have been pushed back a month or so for more polish. It needed it and it still does.
  3. Playstation: The Official Magazine (US)
    Dec 17, 2011
    Skyrim is a gorgeous production that truly does justice to the words "roleplaying game." It doesn't just tell us a story, it gives us the chance to tell a story of our own. At its best, that's what an interactive art form should be all about. [Jan 2011, p.73]