6.4

1. Dec 6, 2011
    I can't believe I'm giving a score of 0 to such an amazing game. Yes, Skyrim is amazing. It's huge and immersive and incredibly fun to play....or at least it was incredibly fun to play up until I hit 55 hours and couldn't even leave Whiterun because of the lag. I'm always prepared for glitches and bugs with a game as vast as Skyrim and I don't generally complain but the game is straight upI can't believe I'm giving a score of 0 to such an amazing game. Yes, Skyrim is amazing. It's huge and immersive and incredibly fun to play....or at least it was incredibly fun to play up until I hit 55 hours and couldn't even leave Whiterun because of the lag. I'm always prepared for glitches and bugs with a game as vast as Skyrim and I don't generally complain but the game is straight up UNPLAYABLE. Watching a slideshow is not my idea of entertainment and I am incredibly disappointed as I was not even close to finished. Imagine my surprise when I find hundreds of PS3 owners in the same boat and find out that Bethesda has released an unfinished game fully aware of the problems. I feel pretty insulted. Expand
  2. Dec 6, 2011
    This game would be so much fun but unfortunately it is broken on PS3 and unplayable after a while. Screw you Bathesda for knowingly releasing a full-price AAA game that gets unplayable after a certain amount of time. I will never buy a game of yours for more than 15$ again. I had the same issues wuth Fallout 3 and Fallout NV and tried to ignore it because the I liked the games - but thisThis game would be so much fun but unfortunately it is broken on PS3 and unplayable after a while. Screw you Bathesda for knowingly releasing a full-price AAA game that gets unplayable after a certain amount of time. I will never buy a game of yours for more than 15$ again. I had the same issues wuth Fallout 3 and Fallout NV and tried to ignore it because the I liked the games - but this time it is just too much. Expand
  3. Dec 6, 2011
    As good as the game might be on the PS3 it can't be rated because it is currently unplayable. Reasons are summed up pretty well in this article: http://uk.ps3.ign.com/articles/121/1214016p1.html
  4. Dec 8, 2011
    I would give this game a 10, but my game due to the file size bug has become unplayable for me, i can play for quite some time if i turn ALL autosaving off, which is just right down frustrating to do, saving after i open every door and sell every little item is rediculous.... especially with no quick save function, i cant even have more than 1 save file for my playthrough.... if i do theI would give this game a 10, but my game due to the file size bug has become unplayable for me, i can play for quite some time if i turn ALL autosaving off, which is just right down frustrating to do, saving after i open every door and sell every little item is rediculous.... especially with no quick save function, i cant even have more than 1 save file for my playthrough.... if i do the game crashes and forces me to do a hard restart which we all know can be damaging to your console system as well. As it is.... unplayable = 0 score. Expand
  5. Dec 8, 2011
    The game is very buggy all round and it has major lag if you invest any amount of time at all into it, which you will end up doing if you do buy it! A shame because otherwise its a fantastic game, get it for pc or 360, or better yet wait until the problems are hopefully fixed and pick it up second hand nice and cheap!
  6. Dec 8, 2011
    This game is broken.DO NOT BUY this game.LAGS FREEZES,it can ruin your ps3 and mess up your HDD.DO NOT buy this game until bethesda fix it and according to this http://www.reddit.com/r/skyrim/comments/mza05/skyrim_ps3_framerate_fallout_new_vegas_developer/ it won't be fixed...
  7. Dec 8, 2011
    With all my heart I WANT to give this game a 10 but that qould in all honesty be cheating people out of hard earned money. DO NOT BUY THIS GAME it is bugged plagued with quest issues up and down and all over Skyrim from Riften to Solitude and it will ruin quest chains as a vital npc refuses to acknowledge you and you have to sit on your ass waiting for Bugthesda to sluggishly andWith all my heart I WANT to give this game a 10 but that qould in all honesty be cheating people out of hard earned money. DO NOT BUY THIS GAME it is bugged plagued with quest issues up and down and all over Skyrim from Riften to Solitude and it will ruin quest chains as a vital npc refuses to acknowledge you and you have to sit on your ass waiting for Bugthesda to sluggishly and uncaringly churn out a patch that in all honesty WON'T fix the problem.
    Now for the best part the FPS issues as you playthrough this land of should-be-wonder your save file goes up bit by bit leading to eventual FPS drops to 10-15 or even as bad as 8-0 and COMPLETELY FREEZING the game by the time your 60 hours in or have a file of around 5.5(not that large). Restarting over and over again just to have the issue return after around 30 minutes. Fun fact this issue was brought up by Bethesda and apparently 'resolved' in patch 1.2 which actually made this game EVEN BUGGIER and in some cases led the FPS cuts to get worse for some uses at a even shorter time of a 2.5mb file and 20 hours in which is completely unacceptable for a game of this standing and scope.
    TL;DR 0-10 hours: :D 10-25 hours :) 25-50 hours D:< 50+: your in blind rage
  8. Dec 6, 2011
    5 years. 5 years I have been waiting for this game. Oblivion had a few bugs here and there but nothing that couldn't be ignored when thinking about the scale of the game; after all, it WAS the Game of the Year in 2006. Back then I would've thought the very idea of giving the sequel to such a stroke of genius less than 9/10 to be laughable. However, here I sit, with my near-enough5 years. 5 years I have been waiting for this game. Oblivion had a few bugs here and there but nothing that couldn't be ignored when thinking about the scale of the game; after all, it WAS the Game of the Year in 2006. Back then I would've thought the very idea of giving the sequel to such a stroke of genius less than 9/10 to be laughable. However, here I sit, with my near-enough unplayable copy of Skyrim in my hand. I will give anyone considering buying this product for the PS3 a warning: DO NOT. If you're thinking that we are just being melodramatic and whiny, you sure have a shock in store for yourself when you foolishly decide to play this game for a sustained period of time. Bethesda has always been awful when it comes to Playstation but this is just ridiculous. If it doesn't lessen it's obvious favouritism soon then I can guarantee it will lose itself an awful lot of consumers. I don't see how they couldn't have forseen this glaring, major flaw in their product. Patches have been promised, however, which I pray fix the issue; if not, Bethesda has no way to redeem themselves and I, for one, will have simply had enough. We have put up with these 'issues' for a long time and now I no longer have the faith to defend the game, or the developer. Fix the problem. Expand
  9. Dec 6, 2011
    Skyrim is an excellent game hidden under many game breaking bugs. Unfortunately due to the huge marketing behind the release date 11/11/11...the game was rushed in order to meet the date. Two weeks after the game comes out...Bethesda releases a useless patch which actually breaks the game further. I'm fed up of being a games tester for a company more interested in profit than theSkyrim is an excellent game hidden under many game breaking bugs. Unfortunately due to the huge marketing behind the release date 11/11/11...the game was rushed in order to meet the date. Two weeks after the game comes out...Bethesda releases a useless patch which actually breaks the game further. I'm fed up of being a games tester for a company more interested in profit than the satisfaction of it's customers. Head on over to the Bethesda forums to view the ongoing trouble across all three platforms. Expand
  10. Dec 6, 2011
    Broken, laggy, and full of bugs. This is a very poor release on Bethesda's part and anyone who rates this game over a 6 hasn't put any honest time into it. Don't waste your money here till we get serious confirmation of game play enhancing patches.
  11. Dec 6, 2011
    This game is still under production DO NOT BUY IT.IT has lags,freezes ans serious bugs.This thing is a giant bug that can ruin even your PS3.it's awfull.It has many many flaws
  12. Dec 6, 2011
    I bought Skyrim with the intention to play until my hands bled. I was really looking forward to play the game and at first I could! For about 45 hours playing Skyrim was more or less amazing, not including all the bugs I am used to in a Bethesda game. But after 45 hours the game started to freeze, crash and generally stop acting like it should. 50 hours in, its impossible to play anymore.I bought Skyrim with the intention to play until my hands bled. I was really looking forward to play the game and at first I could! For about 45 hours playing Skyrim was more or less amazing, not including all the bugs I am used to in a Bethesda game. But after 45 hours the game started to freeze, crash and generally stop acting like it should. 50 hours in, its impossible to play anymore. I have read on the Bethesda forums that its not just me that is having problems, even IGN have written an article about this! It seems the problems lies with the size of our saved games, something that most PS3 gamers will suffers from sooner or later. Unfixable! I am sorry Bethesda, I cant accept this, regard my vote as trhe last thing you will ever hear from me. Expand
  13. Dec 6, 2011
    The game is broken. Dont buy it. When you play 100 hours ( more or less) the game becomes unplayable. Bethesda can´t go off so easily. They must pay for try sell us a broken product.
  14. Dec 6, 2011
    I own the PS3 version of this game and because of the immense amount of game breaking bugs I cannot and will not recommend this game to anyone. Bethesda knowingly released a broken game to the public. This a shameful act and therefore the score needs to reflect that. The only reason it gets a 2 instead of 0 is because when the game works its a lot of fun but right now my copy isI own the PS3 version of this game and because of the immense amount of game breaking bugs I cannot and will not recommend this game to anyone. Bethesda knowingly released a broken game to the public. This a shameful act and therefore the score needs to reflect that. The only reason it gets a 2 instead of 0 is because when the game works its a lot of fun but right now my copy is unplayable so the score will reflect it. Expand
  15. Dec 6, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The game works for a week. When you get deep into quests and storyline PS3 just can't handle all the data. Then the GAME GET'S IMPOSSIBLE TO PLAY. Lag, low fps and freezes the ps3 on about 5% of the loading screens, forcing you tu reset the console.

Sony, you should demand this guys.

Bad move Bethesda.
  16. Dec 6, 2011
    This game is unplayable and NOT FIT TO BE ON SHELVES!

Logically, the issue cannot be exclusively hardware â
  17. Dec 6, 2011
    The publisher doesn't care for the PS3.I want my money back.This thing is unplayable unfortunately.It's a gross.After your save hits 6 MB lag and freezes will be your amusement.
  18. Dec 8, 2011
    Skyrim is not what it seems.It's a laggy laggy laggy game on the PS3.Patches dont help.DO NOT BUY it.It freezes and lags as hellIt can ruin your PS3.
  19. Dec 6, 2011
    The game is beautiful... if it would work! If the game would be working I'd give it a 9 but this game is clearly the biggest flop to ever be created. The framrate drop and the overwhelming bugs are just gamebreaking. Do not get this game until they fix it... if they ever will.
  20. Dec 6, 2011
    This rating is specifically for the ps3 version which is currently completely broken for myself and if you believe the forums, a great many others.

Pre patch 1.2 I very much enjoyed this game and would have rated it around a 9/10 but now with it crashing constantly when walking through any door its unplayable and I worry about the risk to my new ps3 with having to constantly reboot it. The developer, Bethesda have said a new patch is coming but that was days ago and they have not been forthcoming with information which given the current state of the game on ps3 is unforgivable.
  21. Dec 6, 2011
    I really, really wanted to love this game but I just can't recommend it in its current condition. After 65 hours of play, it just collapsed on me with serious lag, it was like playing a slideshow. Quest items began to disappear and dragons flying backwards made the game impossible to progress. I would love to have the faith of others that a patch will fix it but I'm still waiting forI really, really wanted to love this game but I just can't recommend it in its current condition. After 65 hours of play, it just collapsed on me with serious lag, it was like playing a slideshow. Quest items began to disappear and dragons flying backwards made the game impossible to progress. I would love to have the faith of others that a patch will fix it but I'm still waiting for patches to fix Fallout and Oblivion.

Took it back and got a refund instead. Wake up Bethesda. You could make great games if you learnt how to make them work properly :( .
  22. Dec 6, 2011
    Let me start off by saying this game started out fantastic. The story is great, the music is epic, the environs are outstanding.... But there is just too many bugs. especially on the ps3 version. The lag is horrible, we all know this, bethesda knows this, they just dont seem to care... i originally would have given this game a 9 or 10, but it gets a 3 because of bethesda's continuedLet me start off by saying this game started out fantastic. The story is great, the music is epic, the environs are outstanding.... But there is just too many bugs. especially on the ps3 version. The lag is horrible, we all know this, bethesda knows this, they just dont seem to care... i originally would have given this game a 9 or 10, but it gets a 3 because of bethesda's continued tight-lipped reaction to it, and the proverbial middle finger they keep giving to their customers. Expand
  23. Dec 6, 2011
    As most of the owners of Skyrim on PS3 i rushed to buy the game on its release date, i played without any problems the first two weeks, 41 hours total. After that the game was literally a slideshow! Patch 1.2 came up, didn´t fix the lag at all and the game is unplayable. I rushed to the forums, and surprise!! everyone on the PS3 having the same issue, it's really a majorAs most of the owners of Skyrim on PS3 i rushed to buy the game on its release date, i played without any problems the first two weeks, 41 hours total. After that the game was literally a slideshow! Patch 1.2 came up, didn´t fix the lag at all and the game is unplayable. I rushed to the forums, and surprise!! everyone on the PS3 having the same issue, it's really a major problem. I give the game a 0 score because you can´t play the game at all once the lag comes. I hope Bethesda fix this problem, but it is a shame that they released Skyrim with this HUGE problem, there is no way that Bethesda did not know about the lag before release. Expand
  24. Dec 6, 2011
    This game is completely broken. Shame on Bethesda for releasing this clearly unfinished game. Go buy Batman or Uncharted or something that was actually completed before launch.
  25. Dec 6, 2011
    Ditto. Bethesda is selling a broken game to people for $60 + tax. Do not be the next one to be swindled. Very Disappointing. The lag and frame rate issues on the PS3 render the game unplayable for everyone at a certain point; Shame on Bethesda.
  26. Dec 6, 2011
    Despite of the first GREAT hours inside the world of Skyrim, it soon became a torture, where I couldnt play in that awesome open world, swing my axe in glory. The lagfest started and made it unplayable. Instead of telling people not to buy, I would recommend waiting for at least 3 more patches before buying it. A game that should be GOTY became the most shameful frustration of the year.
  27. Dec 6, 2011
    My save file is only at about 4MB right now, so I have yet to see the major lag issues (the game has crashed about 3 times, though) I am scoring this game a zero here as a gesture of solidarity with other PS3 Skyrim players who are experiencing this problem. I think it is unethical that Bethesda would release a game in such a condition. It is a tragedy because, like others, I feel thatMy save file is only at about 4MB right now, so I have yet to see the major lag issues (the game has crashed about 3 times, though) I am scoring this game a zero here as a gesture of solidarity with other PS3 Skyrim players who are experiencing this problem. I think it is unethical that Bethesda would release a game in such a condition. It is a tragedy because, like others, I feel that this would have been one of the greatest video games ever made. Now, I'm off to to wait for the inevitable onset of lag, as if I were sitting with a terminally ill loved one. Expand
  28. Dec 6, 2011
    Sigh... I wanted to love this game as much as I did Morrowind and Oblivion and I did right up until the point my PS3 seemed to choke to death. Sure a reboot clears the problem for a short amount of time but the ugly problem of display lag appears again to taunt you one more time. What I have played is fantastic, it is only the framerates and broken quest lines that are the deal breaker forSigh... I wanted to love this game as much as I did Morrowind and Oblivion and I did right up until the point my PS3 seemed to choke to death. Sure a reboot clears the problem for a short amount of time but the ugly problem of display lag appears again to taunt you one more time. What I have played is fantastic, it is only the framerates and broken quest lines that are the deal breaker for me. I never expected zero bugs, just not such glaringly obvious ones. Expand
  29. Dec 7, 2011
    Bethesda has decided that they are going to treat PS3 users as Beta testers so they could release this game for the Christmas Season. I have tried calling them, e-mailing them asking for resolutions to the lag issues.

This game doesn't work. Don't buy it at all if you can help it.
  30. Dec 8, 2011
    Extremely poor, broken game. It's almost unplayable on the PS3 and the developer have no intentions of completely fixing it. The game should never have been released in this state.
  31. Dec 4, 2011
    For those of you who are addicted to trophy hunting, the difficulty level of the game doesn't affect the trophies, so you can play it dead easy, and still get all of them. There's a vast world to explore making it rather addictive. Quests / battles very doable, not too hard, not retardedly easy either... However... this game has some serious flaws, which get REALLY ANNOYING after someFor those of you who are addicted to trophy hunting, the difficulty level of the game doesn't affect the trophies, so you can play it dead easy, and still get all of them. There's a vast world to explore making it rather addictive. Quests / battles very doable, not too hard, not retardedly easy either... However... this game has some serious flaws, which get REALLY ANNOYING after some time.... Such as... Main quest is really really short. Sometimes in battles a dragon pops up (if you're lucky your enemies die by the dragon's attack, if unlucky both the dragon and the other enemies aggro on you). If you hit a member of your team during a number of quests (not all), they turn their aggression on you. This is especially retarded for mages since they just run into your attack while casting and turn aggressive. >_< The stamina of your horses run out even faster than your own, which completely ruins the point of riding on a horse. Not faster. If you're in battle and you surrender, your horse / companion will keep on fighting. (just annoying) After about 20 hours of game time the game starts to lag so badly it's damn near impossible to play the game (happens either straight away or after 30 minutes or so), and there's not much you seem to be able to do about it. (this is the main reason I'm grading it low, a game you can't play due to fps lags isn't really a fun one. Next to the lagging, sometimes the game crashes during a loading screen or freezes while you're running around, the fps lag can actually freeze up your entire console. In some cases I can exit the game using my controller, in some cases I can press the on/off button on my console, and in some cases I have to cut the power off of my ps3 and plugging the cord back in. Most annoying thing really. Also, the update for this game supposedly fixing bugs, makes the game act worse rather than better.... Quest bugs leading to it being impossible to finish quests, while you're hoping you have a recent previous save game from before the dungeon (which in most cases you don't). I'm sure I haven't named all minuses yet, but this is about enough really. It's a fun game, a LOT of gameplay, but the bugs and glitches and mistakes, and lags and freezes, and crashes, and everything else really take the edge off. Collapse

1. Official PlayStation Magazine Benelux
    Jan 2, 2012
    This is a game full of emotions for gamers who are willing to embrace it. A beautiful fantasy land that makes loading times a thing of the past and is full of surprises. Not only do you get a lot of variety in the locations, the gameplay offers a lot of different experiences as well. [December 2011, p.66]
  2. Dec 28, 2011
    I enjoyed Skyrim and I look forward to the DLC that we know is inevitably coming. If we looked at this honestly, though, this game probably should have been pushed back a month or so for more polish. It needed it and it still does.
  3. Playstation: The Official Magazine (US)
    Dec 17, 2011
    Skyrim is a gorgeous production that truly does justice to the words "roleplaying game." It doesn't just tell us a story, it gives us the chance to tell a story of our own. At its best, that's what an interactive art form should be all about. [Jan 2011, p.73]