6.3

1. Nov 11, 2011
    Skyrim graphic is a bit poor compared to other games in that area and let fall a few stitches. But we were there within hours and used to have for the rest of the game as a heavy drawback experienced, though for himself how important the graphics are.

The graphics however, we have all had significant criticism. "Sure: For Elder Scrolls fans of the first hour, which did not even Oblivion, Skyrim will in many respects, not deep enough. Who Skyrim game itself looks like, however, no other conclusion than that this is a great rpg. The atmosphere of the game completely sucks you in and the story lines, with all the variety in it, strengthen it simply.

Rarely have we seen a game world that is so profound as elaborated Skyrim. The written specifically for this game dragon language to how villagers respond to you, watch the game with details and use them. Skyrim is everything an RPG should be for us, and more extensive than we can ever show in a review. The game is true on all sides and balance combined with ditto quests and a few impressive moments that in itself is worth to play this game. Whoever feels a little bit of fantasy should not miss this game.

Pros

+ Some views are superb
    + Open world, total freedom
    + Impressive moments, especially in the main quest
    + Many opportunities, many quests
    + Original quest lines
    + Better than Oblivion level system
    + Dragons, including their language
    + Shouts provide a powerful feeling

Cons

- Graphic moderate, especially animation and facial expressions of characters
    - Some minor bugs, as well by patch release to be solved
  2. Nov 11, 2011
    Awesome game...I loved Oblivion, but that can't be compared to Skyrim. Prepare for a huge game, hundreds of quests and quite nice graphics for an open-rpg. However, what makes this game really outstanding and one of the best RPG's ever produced is the atmosphere. The soundtrack is legendary. Enough said, now buy and play ;)
  3. Dec 8, 2011
    Yes it lags. No I don't care. It doesn't matter because it's an amazing game. I have been absorbed into this game and I can't get out. It doesn't matter that there are glitches. I still deserves a 10/10 because in NO way can it get a 0 very VERY few games deserve a 0. IGN haven't ever given out a 0. What did you do? Plan this attack? Did you all decide to dislike it at once? Listen.Yes it lags. No I don't care. It doesn't matter because it's an amazing game. I have been absorbed into this game and I can't get out. It doesn't matter that there are glitches. I still deserves a 10/10 because in NO way can it get a 0 very VERY few games deserve a 0. IGN haven't ever given out a 0. What did you do? Plan this attack? Did you all decide to dislike it at once? Listen.
    Graphics: 9.0
    Sound: 10
    Story: 9.0
    Presentation: 8.5
    Length: 10
    Gameplay: 10
    You can do anything at all. I don't know what I'll get other than hates but I'll still say it: Game of the Year.
  4. Nov 11, 2011
    In good ...

In good ...

This game has a very serious problem ...
    It is impossible to stop playing!

Who loves the Norse mythology, will delight every new place visited.

For Odin ... I'm speechless ...
  5. Nov 11, 2011
    unbelievably massive game! outstanding graphics, amazing gameplay and the storyline is captivating, would definately recommend getting this game, top priority!!
  6. Nov 11, 2011
    Skyrim is the kind of game that really stands. The attention to detail is mind blowing. People will be playing this for days and months. On the PC load times are nearly nonexistent, I have yet to havethe chance to really read or admire the load screens, which is both a good and bad thing as they are interactive and have lore bits. The graphics on ultra running at 1920x1080 are flooring.Skyrim is the kind of game that really stands. The attention to detail is mind blowing. People will be playing this for days and months. On the PC load times are nearly nonexistent, I have yet to havethe chance to really read or admire the load screens, which is both a good and bad thing as they are interactive and have lore bits. The graphics on ultra running at 1920x1080 are flooring. This is truly a HUGE jump over Oblivion in regard to visual fidelity. Melee combat is also vastly improved and solid feeling, magic has a definite weight to it in SkyrimFinally the amount of content... Like I said days, weeks of gameplay and huge replayability. If I had to choose one game to have the rest of my life and only one, it would be The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim. Expand
  7. Nov 11, 2011
    Easily one of my favorite games ever. So much to do, and no serious bugs (only glitchy things I've run into have been comical). Good work Bethesda... you delivered another classic.
  8. Nov 11, 2011
    I Love This Game!!! iam so turned on by it!!!
    I wanna make love to it!!! I wanna make baby's with it!
    I wanna worship it!! I wanna scream at it!!!!

Michel
  9. hav
    Nov 11, 2011
    I loved Morrowind and oblivion. This is no different. Absolutely sunning visuals and game play.

This draws from Morrowind's more graphic style and leans away from the quiet quaintness of Oblivion. It's a very very fun and detailed game.
  10. Nov 11, 2011
    In good ... This game has a very serious problem ... It is impossible to stop playing! I'm at level 22 and level 100 in conjuration and the more it evolves into something, the more you see that still has much in progress! It is a work of art, where the vaunted Nordic is from the soundtrack to the buildings and clothing. Who loves the Norse mythology, will delight every new place visited.In good ... This game has a very serious problem ... It is impossible to stop playing! I'm at level 22 and level 100 in conjuration and the more it evolves into something, the more you see that still has much in progress! It is a work of art, where the vaunted Nordic is from the soundtrack to the buildings and clothing. Who loves the Norse mythology, will delight every new place visited. For Odin ... I'm speechless ... Collapse
  11. Jul 31, 2013
    In my opinion one of the best games ever. This game feels great, looks great and has a fantastic open world atmosphere. A must buy for any fan of roll playing games or Bethesda games in general.
  12. Nov 11, 2011
    Skyrim is everythimg i wanted it to be and everyone else. GOOD GRAPHICS MASSIVE WORLD AWESOME COMBAT SYSTEM.....THIS GAME IS DEF. WPRTH THE 60BUCKS AND MOST LIKELY WILL WHEN GAME OF THE YEAR......THE GAME WAS SO GOOD THAT THE MIDNIGHT RELEASE LINE WAS AS LONG AS A FOOTBALL FIELD..
  13. Nov 11, 2011
    Western RPGs don't get much better than this. The amount of effort that has gone into this game is apparent. If this doesn't make game of the year I will be very surprised.
  14. Nov 11, 2011
    Rofl at anyone saying negative things about this game, it's a masterpiece. Big improvement from Oblivion, go and buy this game. Not saying that people don't have opinions, but when I see "graphics are bad" it makes me a little disappointed. Forget that nonsense, the graphics are unreal for this type of game, don't believe what all those negative reviews say.
  15. Nov 11, 2011
    Only been playing a few hours and am completely hooked. Have never been a fan of the Fallout series or previous Elder Scrolls games but bought Skyrim hoping that this one would live up to the hype. It has. The amount of stuff there is to do on this game seems limitless. Great open world, solid gameplay (although using magic feels a lot more fluid than using weapons), and so much freedom ofOnly been playing a few hours and am completely hooked. Have never been a fan of the Fallout series or previous Elder Scrolls games but bought Skyrim hoping that this one would live up to the hype. It has. The amount of stuff there is to do on this game seems limitless. Great open world, solid gameplay (although using magic feels a lot more fluid than using weapons), and so much freedom of choice. I foresee myself spending hours and hours on Skyrim. Expand
  16. Hyu
    Nov 11, 2011
    One of the greatest game this decade. This game feels great, looks great and has a fantastic open world atmosphere. I hope it will win GOTY this year. It's sad to see all these MW3 fanboys giving it 0.
  17. Nov 11, 2011
    Such a beautifully executed game. The world sis immense, the people are fun to play, talk and mess with. Caves are challenging and rewarding. The new lock pick system is very nice. Creating your character is a lot more in depth and satisfying. the snow covered mountains and great views are outstanding. It could be the next LOZ:OOt.
  18. Nov 11, 2011
    This game is at the epitome of amazing RPG's. Games like Dark Souls and Mass Effect are close to the elder scrolls series but never succeed it. The graphics are tight, the gameplay (albeit still a bit floaty) has been improved vastly, the story not a great as morrowinds but has been improved from oblivions. And the general feeling of being able to have total freedom to do whatever youThis game is at the epitome of amazing RPG's. Games like Dark Souls and Mass Effect are close to the elder scrolls series but never succeed it. The graphics are tight, the gameplay (albeit still a bit floaty) has been improved vastly, the story not a great as morrowinds but has been improved from oblivions. And the general feeling of being able to have total freedom to do whatever you desire makes this a must have game. Expand
  19. Nov 11, 2011
    Amazing in short- the game is superb with freedom of choice, length of story etc etc... Bethesda seems to have nailed it. Everything is so refined from looking at a bottle of wine to climbing a mountain and every little step in between. Stop reading and buy it already...
  20. Nov 11, 2011
    Paradna game free world happy as I am when I started this game ocakaval vyborne play was zazitok, completly fajna graphics happy environment paci me and strasne me surprised that it received from metacritic, 95, and from hracov 9,3 vynikajuce evaluation.Also congratulations to vyrobcom.
  21. Nov 11, 2011
    If it's not broken, why fix it! Oblivion was a masterpiece and Skyrim is just a fine tuned and HEAVILY expanded version of it. I'm only about 10 hours in and have encountered minor bugs that otherwise do not take anything away from the experience! Mr Howard; TOP NOTCH WORK LADDY!
  22. Nov 11, 2011
    This game has almost instantly grown to be one of my favorite games I have ever played. This by far is the best game in the series, taking lore, graphics, world, AI, gameplay, quests, characters, you name it to a whole new level. Even as it started it felt far superior to any Bethesda game released so far, the intro level alone had me hooked like a child that has opened up a christmasThis game has almost instantly grown to be one of my favorite games I have ever played. This by far is the best game in the series, taking lore, graphics, world, AI, gameplay, quests, characters, you name it to a whole new level. Even as it started it felt far superior to any Bethesda game released so far, the intro level alone had me hooked like a child that has opened up a christmas gift. Combat this time around has been more versatile and as sleek as ever, everthing feels weighted, magic effects are wonderful and diverse, bows and arrows along with stealth have improved. There are even finishing moves! The world ACTUALLY feels alive this time around, which is fresh change from the crap we got with Oblivion, animals hunt each other, people brawl and work and chat, and every place has a different- exotic feel that I could compare to Morrowind... but done much better even still. There are goodies for old fans as well, Dwemer ruins, Falmer, Sanguine, etc, etc. If you're looking for an Open world RPG to play, this is absolutely THE BEST one on the market, and although it is full of bugs and glitches, the positives outweigh the negatives so much I couldn't just give it a 9/10, it deserves a 10/10.
    If you like to explore, fight, role play, fantasy, open world, anything of this nature, I would definitely buy it.
  23. Nov 11, 2011
    THE game of the decade. It has everything you could ever want in a videogame, and really a whole lot more. It has the best of everything it includes in the game, and it includes a whole hell of a lot.
  24. Nov 11, 2011
    If there is any game that would make you want to leave this life and live and live within that instead has won the hearts of me and millions like me. Bethesda, do not stop creating, do not stop loving what you create, you really do put your "dragon soul" into these games every-time you design/ develop them, thank you.
  25. Nov 11, 2011
    Everything that Oblivion was, this game has improved upon. This game will suck you in and never spit you out. Hundreds of quests are to be completed in this game. You could buy the game, start it up, and spend dozens of hours not even touching the main story. One of the best RPGs produced, period. The soundtrack is also amazing and really makes it feel like you're in the game. Just go outEverything that Oblivion was, this game has improved upon. This game will suck you in and never spit you out. Hundreds of quests are to be completed in this game. You could buy the game, start it up, and spend dozens of hours not even touching the main story. One of the best RPGs produced, period. The soundtrack is also amazing and really makes it feel like you're in the game. Just go out and buy it already. Expand
  26. Nov 11, 2011
    This game is just amazing! I really enjoyed Oblivion loved it even. There is plenty to explore, many side missions that are available just by visiting cities. Some people have given this a bad score don't listen to them they have no idea what they are thinking. This is my favourite RPG game to date nothing in my mind can compere to it! The horses and water effects and how it works areThis game is just amazing! I really enjoyed Oblivion loved it even. There is plenty to explore, many side missions that are available just by visiting cities. Some people have given this a bad score don't listen to them they have no idea what they are thinking. This is my favourite RPG game to date nothing in my mind can compere to it! The horses and water effects and how it works are better than before. It is the same for the menus and how you level up and become better. If you get this game you will not be disappointed. Expand
  27. Nov 11, 2011
    Il est enfin la, le rpg ultime de betesda sur cette génération, j'adore, techniquement bon même si la version pc est bien meilleur, l'histoire du titre est classique mais reste interessante, comme d'habitude avec les elder scrolls, un grand jeu
  28. Nov 11, 2011
    Epic game... Graphics are great... Gameplay is awesome... What more can you ask for :) Im really enjoying the dragon souls part of the game. I hope the addons are epic for this game.
  29. Nov 11, 2011
    An awesome game, very fun. One of the only games that I've played that lived up to its hype. The game play is awesome and fun, the graphics are good not the best but still beautiful. The music fits perfectly with the scenic of the game, the only complaint I have is some of the sound effects sound low quality.
  30. Nov 11, 2011
    After 6 hours its safe to say this is my favourite game of all time. It has exceeded every single one of my expectations so far. Never before have i felt such joy from playing such a magnificent perfect game. Thank you Bethesda, I can now die a happy man, now that i have played your perfect game.
  31. Nov 23, 2011
    Its the Mother of all RPG's. I am in 60+ Hours and I am still amazed at what they did. This is a world on its own. The detail, the story arc, the gameplay, the adventure is just mind blowing. It does have an occasional bug here and there but nothing that will stop the adventure. Thank you Bethesda for setting the bar as high as this. I wanted to give it a 9.5 but since there was no optionIts the Mother of all RPG's. I am in 60+ Hours and I am still amazed at what they did. This is a world on its own. The detail, the story arc, the gameplay, the adventure is just mind blowing. It does have an occasional bug here and there but nothing that will stop the adventure. Thank you Bethesda for setting the bar as high as this. I wanted to give it a 9.5 but since there was no option I will say 10 compared to anything that is on the market. Do not deprive yourself from an epic adventure with a replay value of over 300+ hours. The soundtrack still makes me shiver and is stuck in my head. Expand
  32. Nov 11, 2011
    There are times in this game where I just stop and stare at the world that it creates. A game as magical and absorbing as this deserves nothing less than a ten.
  33. Nov 11, 2011
    so skyrim 1 word flawless. i used to think mass effect 2 was the best game ever until now skyrim is the BEST game ever made the story is amazing the combat is flawless fighting dragons is challenging yet still fun. this game will never end. my pick for game of the year and the best game ever made until mass effect 3 comes out.
  34. Nov 12, 2011
    The first hour is a bit disapointing. That said, Skyrim offers a better experience in every ways than Oblivion or Fallout. I love being lost in this tremendous world. A game where we dont count hours...
  35. Jul 25, 2012
    This game is still being played, however on a pc not the ps3 due to lack of support. It is still playable, but there are several broken quests that cannot be completed. This game is so huge it should be rated on a scale of 0..15 not 10. I would still give it a 15 out of 15 because of the sheer beauty of the game on the PS3. it plays a bit soft though, I'm playing at the highest levelThis game is still being played, however on a pc not the ps3 due to lack of support. It is still playable, but there are several broken quests that cannot be completed. This game is so huge it should be rated on a scale of 0..15 not 10. I would still give it a 15 out of 15 because of the sheer beauty of the game on the PS3. it plays a bit soft though, I'm playing at the highest level and am challenged somewhat but not the Demons Souls level of challenge. Expand
  36. Nov 12, 2011
    Totally amazing!! the most important game of the year. WE ARE FREE to do all we want to is this virtual world, you dont like the history missions? go and kill everybody, hunt, marry someone, investigate, read books... grat graphics for this game (we cant wait por u3 graphics) absolutly amazing music, and a great world. maybe it's not a game for everyone, but if you come to skyrim, feelTotally amazing!! the most important game of the year. WE ARE FREE to do all we want to is this virtual world, you dont like the history missions? go and kill everybody, hunt, marry someone, investigate, read books... grat graphics for this game (we cant wait por u3 graphics) absolutly amazing music, and a great world. maybe it's not a game for everyone, but if you come to skyrim, feel it's power, you'll see that this game is pure love.(sorry for my english) Expand
  37. Nov 12, 2011
    Bethesda does it again. Every time I play this game it transports me into the vivid world of Skyrim. The new combat system feels amazing. The one thing I would have liked to see is a hardcore mode like they put into New Vegas. I have a strong feeling that is will get the GOTY award. STOP WASTING TIME AND JUST GO BUY IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  38. Nov 12, 2011
    Magical is really the best word to describe this game. Sure, the close combat is not that great, but everything else is amazing. They really improved on the magic and I love that. The menu system takes a little time to get used to for those of us who have played Oblivion, but it's so simple once you do. The graphics are astonishing. You can tell they really tried with all the littleMagical is really the best word to describe this game. Sure, the close combat is not that great, but everything else is amazing. They really improved on the magic and I love that. The menu system takes a little time to get used to for those of us who have played Oblivion, but it's so simple once you do. The graphics are astonishing. You can tell they really tried with all the little details. There are some bugs, but what do you expect? Every game has bugs. Expand
  39. Nov 12, 2011
    This game is fan-fuggin-tastic! If you love the series and or Bethesda RPG games you will definitely love this game! This game is better than expected. All the negative reviews I have read so far are about minor little things that people have blown out of proportion. Some glitches do exist but as a gamer I accept these and sometimes have fun with them (like the flying in the air one,This game is fan-fuggin-tastic! If you love the series and or Bethesda RPG games you will definitely love this game! This game is better than expected. All the negative reviews I have read so far are about minor little things that people have blown out of proportion. Some glitches do exist but as a gamer I accept these and sometimes have fun with them (like the flying in the air one, that's just funny and kinda cool the view you get!) Others like freezing and texture issues are minor. I had the game freeze in the opening sequence, but I restarted and it has worked great ever since. I didn't let a minor occurrence ruin anything that this wonderful game has to offer. The graphics aren't the best in the biz but the best in the series. The lighting is finally quite gorgeous for the series and adds a visual bonus (some shadows!). Combat is actually quite good and fun. Duel wielding isn't as polished as say bioshock but I have never thought it was broken or awful. The menu took a bit to get used to but now I am popping in and out of it on the fly and using the favorites like none other. The locations are fantastic and the story is great. This is one of the best games out there to date and if you skip over this title you are missing a huge experience that surprises you around every mountain peak. So I say go buy this game (rent only if you can keep for a month minimum) and enjoy it, play it and experience it. Don't cry that your game froze once and a single texture was blurry or not loaded. Because all games have issues and this one is no different. So overall it's not perfect in every possible way but it is still 99% there. so i give the game a 9.9 since it isn't perfect. But that rounds up to 10. so 10/10 because I am having too much fun playing Skyrim instead of whining over minor annoyances. That's all, I can't wait to get back into it after writing this. Expand
  40. Nov 12, 2011
    So this game is very different from oblivion, it takes awhile to get use to the changes, and you might be unsure of the game till you are use to it. I've played it a lot recently and i'm starting to get use to everything new. This game has so much stuff to offer compared to oblivion, that it is literally overwhelming. The more i play the game the better it gets. I recommend buying this game.
  41. Nov 12, 2011
    Brilliant game, A step up from Oblivion. Massive open worlds, hundreds of quests and stories, This game will last you months. Just immerse youself!

A few bugs here and there which is to be expected from such a massive and complex game. But .....meh!! Who cares, Its Elder Scrolls, its the best western RPG franchise to date.

BUY IT !!!
  42. Nov 12, 2011
    ............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................The best adventure game ever made.
  43. Nov 12, 2011
    It's, simply put, the best western rpg of all time. The ability to give the player this amazing open-world without losing focus or fall short on content is done staggeringly well. The fundamental annoyances from Oblivion are gone here and there's really nothing that can't be fixed in time. Dialogue is excellent, graphics are improved, creatures come in variety of types and races, and mostIt's, simply put, the best western rpg of all time. The ability to give the player this amazing open-world without losing focus or fall short on content is done staggeringly well. The fundamental annoyances from Oblivion are gone here and there's really nothing that can't be fixed in time. Dialogue is excellent, graphics are improved, creatures come in variety of types and races, and most importantly, the combat/ leveling is now much more fun and deeper. Quests are now meaningful and most of the time embed well into the world. Dragon Age lacked the variety, Dark Souls lacked in content and just having fun, Witcher 2 was great, but the animations were stiff and story wasn't that epic. Skyrim is the new king of RPGs. Expand
  44. Nov 12, 2011
    Just perfect game.
    Good story, improved game play, very good facial animation and outstanding graphics.
    It is a way better game than oblivion!
    GOTY!!!
  45. Nov 12, 2011
    Possibly the most epic/best game ever made. I've never seen a game as beautiful as Skyrim before. It is even better than I imagined it would be. What makes Skyrim such an epic game? What makes it so damn good? What makes it so damn... beautiful?

The environment and the soundtracks is so good that you wish you could just live there. As you play, you won't even notice that you've been playing for 12 hours straight. Skyrim's not just a game, but another world. I nearly cried at the end of the story line. But even though you have completed the story line, you have PLENTY of other things to do. Go slay some dragons, learn all the shouts, do side-quests, buy a house or get married. Endless possibilities! With over 300+ hours of playtime, I think that this is one of those must have games.

Haven't you played Skyrim yet? What are you waiting for? Go buy it right now! You won't regret it.
  46. Nov 12, 2011
    Game plays well. Combat feels solid. A few minor animation glitches here and there but does nothing to harm the experience followers of the series have come to expect. The visuals are stunning and if you are playing on PC and have a high powered machine they are even better. The audio is well done and the voice acting is better than it was in Oblivion. The main storyline is engaging andGame plays well. Combat feels solid. A few minor animation glitches here and there but does nothing to harm the experience followers of the series have come to expect. The visuals are stunning and if you are playing on PC and have a high powered machine they are even better. The audio is well done and the voice acting is better than it was in Oblivion. The main storyline is engaging and there are a lot of side quests to do. Just like the previous entries in the series, Skyrim is more than a game, it is an immersive experience. It is impressive and the best game of its ilk since Oblivion. Expand
  47. Nov 12, 2011
    As a fan of Morrowind and Oblivion I am happy with the direction Bethesada has taken the Elder Scrolls series. No problems with graphics or load times on my PS3. I really like what they've done with the advancement system, I feel like I can actually just play the game instead of worrying about which skill I'm advancing to get the optimal stat increase. I liked what Bethesada did withAs a fan of Morrowind and Oblivion I am happy with the direction Bethesada has taken the Elder Scrolls series. No problems with graphics or load times on my PS3. I really like what they've done with the advancement system, I feel like I can actually just play the game instead of worrying about which skill I'm advancing to get the optimal stat increase. I liked what Bethesada did with Fallout 3 and I have no problem with them borrowing some aspects from that game for Skyrim. The dual-wielding takes a little bit to get used to, but once you've got it down you can unleash some massive damage. Skyrim will provide several years of entertaining escapism. Expand
  48. Nov 12, 2011
    To me this game is the pinnacle of RPG gaming this generation. Everything about it is above and beyond what was great about Oblivion and Morrowind. For the people concerned that the new "streamlining" has removed RPG depth, I can say that I didn't experience that at all. The leveling and perk systems are deep and varied and have significant effects on gameplay- much more so than some ofTo me this game is the pinnacle of RPG gaming this generation. Everything about it is above and beyond what was great about Oblivion and Morrowind. For the people concerned that the new "streamlining" has removed RPG depth, I can say that I didn't experience that at all. The leveling and perk systems are deep and varied and have significant effects on gameplay- much more so than some of the aspects of leveling in Oblivion. If you are a PC gamer you will no doubt be waiting anxiously for mods to alter the user interface, but if that's the case leave your bad reviews for the PC version. For the consoles, the menu scheme is terrific and a HUGE improvement over Oblivion. The game is huge, it's as beautiful as it can possibly be using the old console hardware, the quests are varied and much more fleshed out than in Oblivion. Easily a 10/10 and my choice for Game of the Year for 2011. Expand
  49. Nov 12, 2011
    Sure to take out GOTY 2011, Skyrim is everything that I wanted to follow in this series after clocking up hundreds of hours wandering Vvardenfell and Cyrodiil respectively. Other than a few minor bugs and issues (that have not seriously affected the gameplay) this game is arguably the best RPG to come out of the gaming industry since its 2002 predecessor Morrowind. With none of the copy &Sure to take out GOTY 2011, Skyrim is everything that I wanted to follow in this series after clocking up hundreds of hours wandering Vvardenfell and Cyrodiil respectively. Other than a few minor bugs and issues (that have not seriously affected the gameplay) this game is arguably the best RPG to come out of the gaming industry since its 2002 predecessor Morrowind. With none of the copy & paste repetitiveness that is Oblivion, Bethesda has moved to better things with every character looking and sounding different (come on, in Oblivion I got déjà vu from the races looking and sounding exactly the same). With rich textures and images, that have literally stopped me from continuing my journey just to look at the wonderful details, I actually get the feeling that I am stalking a camp of bandits or fighting a monstrous, deadly dragon just because of the mechanics of the game. For those of you with doubts on whether or not to buy this game, seriously if you are anything like me you will spend the better part of a day playing it, only to sleep and dream about it until you are able to pick up on where you left off. Expand
  50. Nov 12, 2011
    I was lost for words while playing this game. It was a truly brilliant successor to Oblivion and more. The feel of immersion in the gameplay was so deep, I wouldn't be surprised if this game would claim people's lives. In my opinion, this has got to be one of the greatest RPGs of all time - Bethesda are video game geniuses. My only criticism is minor and should really be ignored asI was lost for words while playing this game. It was a truly brilliant successor to Oblivion and more. The feel of immersion in the gameplay was so deep, I wouldn't be surprised if this game would claim people's lives. In my opinion, this has got to be one of the greatest RPGs of all time - Bethesda are video game geniuses. My only criticism is minor and should really be ignored as everything else makes this game a unique and wonderful experience; the fact that this game is so huge and so complex, many gamers who are used to smaller and more compact games like the Call of Duty series and sports games like FIFA would probably feel a little too free and, as a result, bored - but for gamers with determination, imagination and an idea of what they want to do - this game is an infinite-size canvas. Expand
  51. Nov 13, 2011
    This game is huge and beautiful. If you like single player RPGs than this game is a fun buy. I think the biggest improvement in this game is the leveling and perk system, as well as the dual welding spells and weapons. In the previous Elder Scrolls games I was mostly playing as a battlemage, but because of the new leveling system I want to play a strict magical character. The levelingThis game is huge and beautiful. If you like single player RPGs than this game is a fun buy. I think the biggest improvement in this game is the leveling and perk system, as well as the dual welding spells and weapons. In the previous Elder Scrolls games I was mostly playing as a battlemage, but because of the new leveling system I want to play a strict magical character. The leveling system is balanced enough where you're not punished for picking a class type, which makes this game so much more re-playable. I'm already 13 hours into this game because of the vastness of it's map size and content. I'll get to the main mission eventually. As far as the dual casting/welding goes. It's a lot of fun and the animation or rendering is awesome. The enemies fry, burn and freeze in really cool ways. I almost feel bad for them.

As for as cons for the games go, there are a few bugs (but what game doesn't), but for the most part it's really smooth (considering how much is being rendered). I've read reviews of peoples' systems crashing, but my computer is pretty high-end (crossfire 6870) and I'm running at ultra-high settings and I'm having few difficulties. The UI isn't as seamless as I like particularly from a weapon selection perspective and quick swapping. To choose between weapons 'quickly' you need to favorite a weapon or spell. If you want to choose quickly the game pauses and the selection is permitted with no damage penalty. I'd prefer the 'no-pause' where a mouse-wheel could help selection my next weapon system or some sort of key binding.

Overall, I really happy with this purchase as it's a fun game for me to play. It includes a variety of ways to combat opponents and play the missions. I'll give this game a 10, because there is no other game of this genre that compliments my play style and story needs. I've been anticipating this game for a couple years and Bethesda has not let me down. A great purchase. Thanks Bethesda
  52. Nov 13, 2011
    9.9/10 i found this game to have a awesome story, awesome graphics and more content you can shake a stick at . a few tiny bugs on the PlayStation where the menu's weren't loading properly But still overall this has to be my favorite game of the year.
  53. Nov 13, 2011
    This game really is amazing. They took everything that worked from oblivion, and made it stronger in every way possible. This is an incredible, huge and immersing game. If you have played Oblivion, Morrowind or any of the Fallout games - You need this. If you haven't ever played any of these games, now is the best time to start. Of course, Skyrim has it's minor glitches - but with a gameThis game really is amazing. They took everything that worked from oblivion, and made it stronger in every way possible. This is an incredible, huge and immersing game. If you have played Oblivion, Morrowind or any of the Fallout games - You need this. If you haven't ever played any of these games, now is the best time to start. Of course, Skyrim has it's minor glitches - but with a game this big, it would be impossible for it to not have them. 100% recommended buy. Expand
  54. Nov 13, 2011
    Haters gonna hate. to those of your complaining about the game? its the same people with any new release. cry and moan about how this that and the other. I swear some of the complaints i have seen must be hired critics or something cause seriously? shotty graphics? get a better computer, the game is not gonna look the same for everyone unless we're all running the same system? this gameHaters gonna hate. to those of your complaining about the game? its the same people with any new release. cry and moan about how this that and the other. I swear some of the complaints i have seen must be hired critics or something cause seriously? shotty graphics? get a better computer, the game is not gonna look the same for everyone unless we're all running the same system? this game brings so much more depth then the previous releases. two thumbs up for sure a recommended buy. Expand
  55. Nov 13, 2011
    It's not often Games like this come along. But Skyrim's Amazing Gameplay Combines all the good elements of The nostalgic Morrowind and Popular Oblivion to make the perfect storm of RPG brilliance. The Main Quest Storyline is Clever, Original, and Fits Together Perfectly. I haven't finished many of the other quests yet, but I have been all over the Northern Providence. The Sky Is StunninglyIt's not often Games like this come along. But Skyrim's Amazing Gameplay Combines all the good elements of The nostalgic Morrowind and Popular Oblivion to make the perfect storm of RPG brilliance. The Main Quest Storyline is Clever, Original, and Fits Together Perfectly. I haven't finished many of the other quests yet, but I have been all over the Northern Providence. The Sky Is Stunningly beautiful for a Video Game and All the Cities and Dungeons are unique and you can very easily tell them apart. I have tried both the PC version and Xbox 360 Version and if this were a review for the xbox 360 version, the score would be somewhere around 6. The Graphics for Skyrim are amazing. If your computer can run it at it's highest, It is an amazing experience. Expand
  56. Nov 13, 2011
    Amazing. This might be the very best RPG that I've played. I've been playing games since the 80's. Anyone that is giving a negative review for this game is either a massive troll, stupid or insane.
  57. Nov 13, 2011
    I cannot emphasize enough the beauty of the art direction in this game. That being said, I almost wish that Bethesda had waited until the next consoles released in the next few years or had optimized the Creation engine a bit more. When roaming the lush world outside the Creation engine truly shines, but when navigating the countless corridors of dungeons, I just feel like the game looksI cannot emphasize enough the beauty of the art direction in this game. That being said, I almost wish that Bethesda had waited until the next consoles released in the next few years or had optimized the Creation engine a bit more. When roaming the lush world outside the Creation engine truly shines, but when navigating the countless corridors of dungeons, I just feel like the game looks madly outdated. While I don't own a gaming PC, I feel like this was one of those games better left for the next gen of consoles, or should have been a PC exclusive running DX10/11. Running on PS3 I have noticed some frame-rate problems, and for this reason(and a few glitches) Skyrim is just begging for a patch. What Skyrim lacks in texture detail it makes up for with its art design, but enough about graphics. Oh, by the way, the soundtrack is amazing. I've woken up in the morning the last two days with Skyrim tunes in my head. Wonderful

Gameplay is improved since Oblivion, but the use of the VATS type system in combat can be annoying, especially when it goes from first to third person. I dunno, maybe it's just me, but it kind of takes me out immersion a little bit. Casting spells, dual-casting, hand to hand combat, and shouting all work wonderfully together, but some of the character and NPC animation does feel a little bit tired and awkward. Fighting dragons is a blast! Running into enemies with a much higher skill level than myself while exploring however is not. But, the game always gives you an out if you need it. Invisibility spells and Ethereal shouts always get me out of a pinch, and when all else fails, it's nice to know I can blast a Thu'um and bring lightning down from the sky or call on a dragon to aid me in dispatching enemies. The possibilities really are endless in this game. I suppose if there was going to be a sequel to Skyrim I would ask Bethesda to show a little care to the animations and graphics department, and while I love exploring Skyrim by foot, it would also be nice if they gave the option of more horse-back riding throughout the game. Anyways, even though I've a laundry list of improvements for this game, it is stellar, and does so much to draw you in to its world. It;s not perfect by any means, but I'm giving it a 10 based on the sheer excitement and wonder I have while playing it.
  58. Nov 13, 2011
    This game is a masterpiece! One of the best RPG's ever created, if not the best. I didn't like the Oblivion very much but since the first trailer I just knew that this will be one of my favourites games of all time. The world of Skyrim is just beautiful. There are millions of things to do and many interesting places to explore. It has everything that a good RPG should have plus theThis game is a masterpiece! One of the best RPG's ever created, if not the best. I didn't like the Oblivion very much but since the first trailer I just knew that this will be one of my favourites games of all time. The world of Skyrim is just beautiful. There are millions of things to do and many interesting places to explore. It has everything that a good RPG should have plus the stunning graphics and a beautiful soundtrack. Bethesda created a wonderful masterpiece that won't be forgotten. Clearly, a game of the year. Expand
  59. Nov 13, 2011
    As a new follower to the Elder Scrolls world - only played Oblivion, I can say, without a doubt, this is one of the better games I've EVER played. Period. The depth of the quests, the soothing sounds of the soundtrack, and the absolutely beautiful world created in Skyrim will resonate with me for a long time to come. I have sunk 30 hours in and I haven't even begun to scratch the surfaceAs a new follower to the Elder Scrolls world - only played Oblivion, I can say, without a doubt, this is one of the better games I've EVER played. Period. The depth of the quests, the soothing sounds of the soundtrack, and the absolutely beautiful world created in Skyrim will resonate with me for a long time to come. I have sunk 30 hours in and I haven't even begun to scratch the surface of how far the proverbial rabbit-hole goes. They took what was awesome from Oblivion, coupled it with the positive characteristics attached to the new Fallout series, and made one hell of a good game. True, they are some bugs, but nothing that detracts you from the games playability in the least. I even find some hilarious - like woolly mammoths that fly. So I never gave them two thoughts.

I can't put this game down. If you love the Elder Scrolls series, the Fallout series, or any game in general, get this, you will not regret it.
  60. Nov 13, 2011
    let me just start of by saying that this game is probaly one of the best rpg's i have ever played. All you people reading this review are probaly "thinking hold on a sec how can you make such a bold statement".This game has exceeded my expectations skyrim is filled with massive amounts of quest which are all fun and interesting in their own way. skyrim also has a perk system which lets youlet me just start of by saying that this game is probaly one of the best rpg's i have ever played. All you people reading this review are probaly "thinking hold on a sec how can you make such a bold statement".This game has exceeded my expectations skyrim is filled with massive amounts of quest which are all fun and interesting in their own way. skyrim also has a perk system which lets you play the way you want to play as. Todd Howard wasnt lieing when he made that statement.The graphics are visually impressive aswell. This is a must have for any role playing fan,also this is Bethesdas best work. well bye everyone I gotta go back to playing skyrim Expand
  61. Nov 13, 2011
    this could had been the game of the year without any problem, but the unpolished textures, boring dialogs, lot of bugs and glitches. dropped it to a normal low game. some graphic treatment for example like assasins creed brotherhood and some better gameplay would put it in another leavel. too much hype for this. we are entering 2012 boys, we need top notch graphs! not this messy system!!
  62. Nov 13, 2011
    It's an amazing game. From the set-pieces, such as the great intro, to the magnificent vistas and the populace of skyrim, it just makes you want to play more and more of it. Don't be surprised if at some point you've said "ok, i'm just going to finish this quest and then i'll put down the controller, have to wake up for work tomorrow" just to realize, after what seems to be maybe half anIt's an amazing game. From the set-pieces, such as the great intro, to the magnificent vistas and the populace of skyrim, it just makes you want to play more and more of it. Don't be surprised if at some point you've said "ok, i'm just going to finish this quest and then i'll put down the controller, have to wake up for work tomorrow" just to realize, after what seems to be maybe half an hour, that dawn is coming and you've been playing for hours and hours. In my opinion it's one of the games that I would fully recommend to anyone, whether they've played any of the other Elder Scrolls or not. Expand
  63. Nov 14, 2011
    Great game, very immersive, it's not perfect due to some small issues like minor popins, some ugly textures (only if you look for them honestly) and some bad shadows, but personally, they don't take anything away from the game for me. It lets me do what I want to do. You have to try it and see it for yourself, don't trust any review you read because this game isn't for everyone, but theGreat game, very immersive, it's not perfect due to some small issues like minor popins, some ugly textures (only if you look for them honestly) and some bad shadows, but personally, they don't take anything away from the game for me. It lets me do what I want to do. You have to try it and see it for yourself, don't trust any review you read because this game isn't for everyone, but the ones it is for, it's almost perfect. Expand
  64. Nov 14, 2011
    READ THIS PLEASE.
    READ THIS PLEASE.
    This is not supposed to be a review because we all know how good the game is. This is a response to all negative reviews out there. Obviously negative and mixed reviews are the outcome of comparison syndrome, lack of fantasy, ps3 version ( medium graphics, bad framerate - performance ) or bad pc specifications ( which result in poor graphics - performance ). I like fantasy games and since i started Skyrim i still cannot believe the amount of graphical and gameplay immersion i get out of this game (i own a good pc which runs the game at 1080p, ultra high @ 60+ fps). Music? Effects? Dialogues? Story(ies)? Clans? Enormous terrain? Unlimited freedom? Dragons? Spells? Epic battles? Finishing moves? Beautiful landscapes? Mounts? Houses? Marriage? Followers? Thousands of items? 150+ hand crafted dungeons? Alchemy? Smithing? Cooking? Working? Do you really want me to continue to name more? Because i can! Yeah as some people say, bethesda didn't create something new...Lame trolls. If you are a gamer just do yourself this present magnificent present and install, play it, love it.
  65. Nov 14, 2011
    This game is absolutely amazing! I am 30 hours in ( the length of most games) and I feel like I have barely scratched the surface on the brilliant game.
  66. Nov 14, 2011
    One word: Masterpiece. Amazing story, characters, sound design, etc. Bethesda really did a fantastic job. Only issue is the shadows are terrible on the PS3 version, they should have been shut off and had plain shadows but otherwise not a big deal. The graphics are incredible. All I will leave with you to decide if your un-sure of buying is when you fight the first dragon you feel like yourOne word: Masterpiece. Amazing story, characters, sound design, etc. Bethesda really did a fantastic job. Only issue is the shadows are terrible on the PS3 version, they should have been shut off and had plain shadows but otherwise not a big deal. The graphics are incredible. All I will leave with you to decide if your un-sure of buying is when you fight the first dragon you feel like your in the shoes of the guy from the film Dragonslayer.. incredible and never felt so out of this world playing it. Look up at the sky and see constellations even.. attention to detail is incredible...ahh enough of me raving, check it out for yourselfs! Expand
  67. Nov 14, 2011
    Skyrim's amazing, even with the bugs. The game offers so much, and you can do so much. It's an immense world and you're put in there to do whatever the hell you want. There are so many benefits to free roam, and there's so much beauty to see in the game that it's stunning.
  68. Nov 14, 2011
    when game was only announced my only hope was that it will be on same level as obsidian's New Vegas (that was good enough game). But now I can honestly say, Skyrim is better. It even better than Morrowind an eve Daggerfall (my previously best game in TES). Bethesda fixed most mistakes of their Oblivion and Fallout 3 and deliver us, in my opinion, best RPG at this moment. I don't wantwhen game was only announced my only hope was that it will be on same level as obsidian's New Vegas (that was good enough game). But now I can honestly say, Skyrim is better. It even better than Morrowind an eve Daggerfall (my previously best game in TES). Bethesda fixed most mistakes of their Oblivion and Fallout 3 and deliver us, in my opinion, best RPG at this moment. I don't want describe all new features - new great dialogues, non-linear quests (that really on close level to witcher 2) all these aspects made on very high level, so you just need to play and enjoy. But there three main themes that people are afraid of: simplification of rpg system, graphic and one I called "It is the same oblivion". I don't understand people who blame skyrim about this. New RPG system is not simplified - it become more variate and more organically fits into gameplay. Yes there are less skills but I like it very much (in spite of me as big fan of most hardcore system as it was in Daggerall). Graphics... all who say that graphics is bad and same as in oblivion, first I advise play in Skyrim couple hours then asap play in Oblivion (without graphic mods) to compare. Second I advise to understand - it is ONE HUGE WORLD, where you can't just make fake stage where game strictly controls you - where you can see and where not (like COD, Uncharted and even Witcher and ME sometimes). BUT even with all this difficulties game looks great on consoles from 2006! Also if you play on good modern PC there are lots of additional graphic options like additional shadows, Ambient occlusion etc., that make picture even better.
    My main poit is - this isn't "same as Oblivion", it is BIG step forward in all aspects and best game in TES for me now. This game shows what other series like DA, ME of Witcher can't - big really living world
  69. Nov 14, 2011
    TES Skyrim is nothing short of breath taking. From the initial battle in Helgen, to the open world you delve into just a few hours into the game. The map is MASSIVE, with a nearly unlimited amount of things to do. This is truly a sandbox style game with no linear game play element.

Dragon encounters are incredibly fun, yet challenging and the amount of different NPCs provides enough variety to keep things fresh.

Being a huge RPG fan, with Dragon Age Origins being one of my favorite games, Skyrim is quickly breaking that favoritism and becoming my new favorite game. I can absolutely see myself dumping 150+ hours into this game without batting an eye.

I HIGHLY recommend this game if you are into RPGs with fantastic history and story lines.
  70. Nov 14, 2011
    The dilema giving Skyrim a score is the choice between 9 and 10. Its not perfect, It has flaws, a few patches are definately in order. And yet its the most incredable enviroment I've ever witnessed on a PC, The word game do'es not do it justice. SO... 10 it is.
  71. Nov 14, 2011
    This is the best game ever. You can do anything you want go anywhere you want and kill Dragons. No other game on the ps3 has done this much in a single game. Overall its just an amazing game.
  72. Nov 14, 2011
    It's important to think about the terms 'vision' and 'commitment' when evaluating your own experience of Skyrim. Those two terms do not always mean 'new' or 'innovative' as some may expect, but instead connote selection, judgment, taste, quality, and balance; all of which are apparent in Skyrim. Using tools developed during the creation of other titles, Bethesda set out to realize theIt's important to think about the terms 'vision' and 'commitment' when evaluating your own experience of Skyrim. Those two terms do not always mean 'new' or 'innovative' as some may expect, but instead connote selection, judgment, taste, quality, and balance; all of which are apparent in Skyrim. Using tools developed during the creation of other titles, Bethesda set out to realize the Elder Scrolls world more completely than ever before. The vision of the game demanded that Bethesda focus on mood, atmosphere, immersion, lore, and story, and the effects of this choice can be felt in nearly all the systems of the game. Combat is simple because the objective of the game is not to be a fantasy combat simulator, while crafting is simple because the game is not meant to model the workings of a pseudo-medieval society engaged in various handicrafts and manufacture. Skyrim is meant to display the incredible breadth of imagination and creation that is possible with a well-funded AA title; the scope of the title is something that other developers cannot match and I believe that 'scope' is the mission of this title - as well as its defining factor. All other systems in the game have been constrained and simplified to support this feeling of scope. Therefore, attacking Skyrim with the philosophy of 'kill everything, loot every dungeon' is going to drive you absolutely crazy. If you rate the entertainment value the game will provide after completing every challenge, it would probably be a 2 out of 10: you're in for a lot of tedium. You're not meant to grind combat for 20 hours during your playthrough, because that limits the scope of your experience. Furthermore, such an attitude violates the very spirit of an RPG: no character would ever stand around whacking monsters to achieve a '100' score in one handed weapons. Similarly, walking around picking flowers for alchemy will get fairly boring after the novelty wears off. However, the character would improve themselves so that they could kill an interesting Giant Frost Spider and see what goods lay behind the beast. The alchemy, combat, item, and crafting systems all model ancillary experiences to the main pleasure of exploring one of the most fully realized game worlds to come along, ever. If you focus on the secondary aspects of the game, your experience will be similarly second-rate. Picking goals that are important to you and playing to achieve them is just as important as following the main story line. However, the game does fall down somewhat in choosing to drastically simplify combat, as combat is the way that your character interacts with most of the game world's non-human speech incapable characters. If Bethesda had applied their vision of scope to the behaviors of creatures and vampires, where every encounter is both dangerous and different, then Skyrim would become something akin to religion or life-experience rather than mere game. I imagine a scenario where Bethesda purchases and integrates From Software's talent for deep combat into the next Elder Scrolls title. Maintaining Skyrim's amazing level of scope and adding an additional layer of danger, difficulty, and tenseness present in Dark Souls or Demon Souls would be a peerless combination. In summary, the fantastic far outweighs the flubbed in Skyrim. Everything from the graphics (they are clearly good enough), to the amazingly reactive soundtrack, to the little side conversations that happen around you as you stroll through a town, supports the feeling that you are involved in the goings-on of this land called Skyrim. As a player, you have a choice, and also a responsibility, to make your hours in the land of Skyrim count. Part of the charm and the difficulty of open world games is that there's no guiding hand to prevent you from ruining your own experience. The developers have made freedom readily available and if you want your play experience to be: 'I sifted through countless barrels in the hopes of finding a Doomsword! Then I gathered every flower in a four square mile radius to try all possible combinations!' your experience will be eclipsed by a player who reports 'Using whatever tools I had on hand, I slew a mighty dragon and gained the fabled power of the Voice...' Expand
  73. Nov 14, 2011
    I don't know how good or bad this game is on PC, and I don't know why there are PC Reviewers on the PS3 page. Skyrim on PS3 is amazing and I am having a ton of fun playing it and creating my character how I want to play him. I can't wait to play it again with a different type of character. Very few games can give you this many hours of gameplay. Buy it!!
  74. Nov 14, 2011
    Just as good if not better than oblivion. The character class system is amazing, and truly lets you play and do what YOU want, how YOU want to. I will definitely be spending many many hours in this game....and then...there's always the mods!
  75. Nov 14, 2011
    This is by far the best game out this year and should and by no means secure the Game of the Year award. You simply have to play the game to understand just how and why people are amazed and more or less bow down to the game devs for this one. Like its predecessor, The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim has once again managed to capture the attention of the world and take us through its amazingThis is by far the best game out this year and should and by no means secure the Game of the Year award. You simply have to play the game to understand just how and why people are amazed and more or less bow down to the game devs for this one. Like its predecessor, The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim has once again managed to capture the attention of the world and take us through its amazing world. I for one still stand amazed at the amount of work accomplished and truth be told, Bethesda deserve all the praise and glory they have earned because they worked hard and truly this has paid off well Expand
  76. Nov 14, 2011
    the sequel of oblivion is better, bigger ,and more amazing than elder scrolls IV ,dont miss up a dragon or a giant you don´t gonna like it enjey a beatifull , world full of live.
  77. Nov 14, 2011
    Awesome,Awesome,Awesome,Awesome,Awesome,Awesome,Awesome,Awesome,Awesome,Awesome,Awesome,Awesome,Awesome,Awesome,Awesome,Awesome,Awesome,Awesome,Awesome,Awesome,Awesome,Awesome,Awesome,Awesome,Awesome,Awesome,Awesome,Awesome,Awesome,Awesome,Awesome,Awesome,Awesome,Awesome,Awesome,Awesome,Awesome,Awesome,Awesome,Awesome,Awesome,Awesome,
  78. Nov 15, 2011
    Greatest game rver made. Breathtaking graphics/art design, epically good and perfectly fitting soundtrack. They took everything that worked best in the elder scrolls and fallout to make the best game they have ever done. Dont let the trolls fool you, the critics are right for once.
  79. Nov 15, 2011
    Its literally breathtaking.

so youve read the critic reviews which has scored this game in the 10s and 9s . with players finally getting thei hands on this game. Its going to be difficault to pin down everything this game has to offer. Beacuase its so damn huge. The first time i ever played the series was Oblivion , i had just recently purchased a PS3 in 2007, and was looking for the
    Its literally breathtaking.

Beacuase its so damn huge.

The first time i ever played the series was Oblivion , i had just recently purchased a PS3 in 2007, and was looking for the best titles available. I picked up oblivion , and RPGs were never my thing. Oblivion elderscrolls IV changed that forever. It took soo many hours from me and my bro, that we would argue over whos turn it was on their. Great game , a great laugh and one of the best titles ever to be released on next generation.

i loved Bethstedas FALLOUT 3 series too.

NOW SKYRIM
    after seeing the trailers and the build up to the game, it was certain that this game was going to be improved in every way.

as soon as i played my first half hour, i saw how much more mature, serious and Epic the game looked, felt and sounded. IT seems much more serious. The game starts with you as a prisnor , i will not spoil the plot lines. But the game kicks off in a overwhelming EPIC fashion.
    You eventually set foot into the world, and you stand their overwhelmed by the gorgeous environemnt, lush trees, and mountain ranges, and the weather and air. The game engrosses you into the world of Skyrim. Next minute you are making your way into your first town.
    At this point i as an experianced RPG player was jaw dropped at how the atmosphere and the look of the game played out.

The characters no longer are cartoony , they move with much better animations , and talk in a much more manner. At one point it makes you feel part of a large conversation. And it just worked sooo well.

GAMEPLAY.

- animations soo much better , its great watching your character fight in third person , and the finishes are satisfying to watch.
    -you now can be more than one class, magic and combat.. you choose you decide.
    -the open world really makes you feel part of the enviornment ,

GRAPHICS
    -EPIC .......

SOUND
    EPIC....

for example you can hear dragons , randomly .... and you will look up ! and around to find nothing. It will scare you ... the sound of beasts lurking in the forests...

at one point i hear a roar from the sky , and nothing is their ..

Now you as a person who wants to experiance next gen gaming RPGS...
    this game is going to literally take your mind INTO SKYRIM.. fallout 3 is able to do that , but SKYRIM does it on another level.
    This game is going to give you an experiance.. its going to do what games suppose to do , a form of escapism. for an hour or more, you will not be yourself, you will be your character in SKYRIM.

ive played the game for two hours, and already im overwhelmed by the amount of story, plot, and the sheer size of the game.
    This is going to keep you for more than a year.. depending how you play it. the DLC . and again creating a new charcter in a new race.

The games sheer size is literally astounding , im personally taking this journey slower , and much more laid back . I dont want to rush things, its one of those games where you want enjoy fully.

People complaining about bugs and glitches really are trying hard to find negatives in this game... Bugs and glitche can be eradicated through updates, and these bugs dont even matter when you have a phenomenal world to explore. Of course in a game soo big their are going to be annoying bugs and glitches. However as i learned on oblivion some can be very Funny , espeically talking to some elf whos stuck in the wall.

SKYRIM is probably one of the best games ever to be made. its phenomenal , this is a gem. i only needed two hours and think to myself ... How did they do this so well. I mean lush enviornments, huge world to explore. gameplay and combat which really has much depth to it. I mean i loved oblivion .. but skyrim improves on everything that oblivion developed. SO after almost 5 years we have a game which really makes oblivion look almost last gen .. its been worth the wait .

IT NEEDS TO BE PLAYED. ..........
    IT NEEDS TO BE EXPERIANCED. ive played Oblivion, fallout 3 ,FNV, DRAGON AGE.. all great RPGS.. Skyrims looks and atmoshphere take you somewhere else. its an addictive game..... but one you will keep . the only reasons why you wont like this game, is if RPGS are not your type of thing, or you dont like exploration and a deep world. But then you are missing out on a great experiance. And to some of those who say that the game is taking from fallout 3 with swords and magic LOL. seriously i think ive heard similiar rubbish when fallout 3 came out, when it was " Oblivion with guns". complete and utter crap ! . I loved fallout , but this game blows it out the water, the animations , smooth and fluid gameplay. and the graphics, make this game one of the definitive experiances of this generation.
  80. Nov 15, 2011
    I didn't dislike Oblivion but I didn't like it either. I was aprehensive about buying Skyrim. I was used to most elderscrolls game with their shoddy hit detection and sub-par 1st person and 3rd person views. This game has changed my opinions of the Elderscrolls games. The character customization has changed radically since previous installments. The detail has gotten better and the modelsI didn't dislike Oblivion but I didn't like it either. I was aprehensive about buying Skyrim. I was used to most elderscrolls game with their shoddy hit detection and sub-par 1st person and 3rd person views. This game has changed my opinions of the Elderscrolls games. The character customization has changed radically since previous installments. The detail has gotten better and the models look more realistic. Expand
  81. Nov 15, 2011
    First off, ignore all the haters. All they care about is graphics, and probebly only play COD. This is not some game where you run around shooting people, this is a thinking mans game. Its smart, and has a wealth of content. Litterally 100's of hours woth, and I for one will be playing it at least that long. Yes, the graphics arnt perfect, but thats not the point. They are actually a hugeFirst off, ignore all the haters. All they care about is graphics, and probebly only play COD. This is not some game where you run around shooting people, this is a thinking mans game. Its smart, and has a wealth of content. Litterally 100's of hours woth, and I for one will be playing it at least that long. Yes, the graphics arnt perfect, but thats not the point. They are actually a huge step up from the previous Bethesda games. This is a amazing game, and is a perfect 10/10. Expand
  82. Nov 15, 2011
    One of the greatest games of all time. Takes a crap on both Oblivion & Morrowind. It is what Oblivion wished it was. With all the improvements and added content that Oblivion left out. Skyrim is a complete game.
  83. Nov 15, 2011
    My first review how should i start it?with the negative's or the positive's well i guess will start with the positive's.the opening scene had me instantly drawn in my eyes' were basically glued to the screen.The beautiful scenery i was moving the analog stick left,right,up,and down looking at the world around me.I promise not to do any spoiler's so let's move on to the next positive theMy first review how should i start it?with the negative's or the positive's well i guess will start with the positive's.the opening scene had me instantly drawn in my eyes' were basically glued to the screen.The beautiful scenery i was moving the analog stick left,right,up,and down looking at the world around me.I promise not to do any spoiler's so let's move on to the next positive the design.I found myself spending about 20 min deciding what i wanted to be and how i wanted to look it was very exciting.After my character was done being designed and a few very special moment's that i promised not to ruin i was on my way doing whatever i want which brings me to what i wanted to talk about next the combat.With a sword in my left in a fist full of lighting in right i was on my way into the beautiful world that is skyrim.I ran into a pack of feisty wolves i made quick work of them me taking a might slash with my dagger killing one of the three instantly.pleased with my first kill exploring i switch to the lighting zapping the wolf until it had dies one more wolf i decided then to dual wield lighting holding down the attack button's for both hand's i unleashed a powerful blast between my hand's instantly killing him.Listen i could go on and on and on and on about how much fun i was having.But time for the negative's...here i go basically it is flawless only minor glitches that do not distract from the overall feel of the game.This game is a gem very beautiful you want to treasure it forever you heard it from theinformer go get this game. Expand
  84. Nov 15, 2011
    This game is awesome. Every inch is so rich and just simply amazing looking. I don't see how a game could get much better than this on current hardware. This is my favorite game of of this generation, and probably of all time for that matter. Characters, animation, effects, environments are all top notch. I have seen some odd ai behavior here and there, but that is to be expected in a gameThis game is awesome. Every inch is so rich and just simply amazing looking. I don't see how a game could get much better than this on current hardware. This is my favorite game of of this generation, and probably of all time for that matter. Characters, animation, effects, environments are all top notch. I have seen some odd ai behavior here and there, but that is to be expected in a game where you can do almost anything! It is so huge, I will be playing for many months to come. Expand
  85. Nov 15, 2011
    At first, I was REALLY skeptical about whether or not Bethesda could live up to their promises. I played over 150 hours of Oblivion, and I was really absorbed into it. Long story short, once I heard that theme play on the main menu, I knew this game would be amazing. So far, I've put a lot of time into the game and merely scratched the surface. In my opinion, this IS one of the best gamesAt first, I was REALLY skeptical about whether or not Bethesda could live up to their promises. I played over 150 hours of Oblivion, and I was really absorbed into it. Long story short, once I heard that theme play on the main menu, I knew this game would be amazing. So far, I've put a lot of time into the game and merely scratched the surface. In my opinion, this IS one of the best games ever made. It took what Morrowind and Oblivion had added them together in a perfect package. Man, I feel sorry for those COD fans below. I spent longer exploring the world, ignoring the main quest than it took them to complete MW3's. Please, go back to playing your rehashed piece of garbage. I've got a whole world to get back to! Expand
  86. Nov 15, 2011
    I have never been much into RPG's or any type of dragon/demon magic type game but holy cow this game has made me a follower. I would throw my wallet at the guys who made this I love it so much.
  87. Nov 16, 2011
    A masterpiece.

A masterpiece.

The game play (while not perfect) is the best in the series, the new mechanic that lets you equip something in each hand makes for some truly fantastic strategies to slay your enemies (or prevent yourself from being massacred). The graphics have been HUGELY improved since TES IV, but many people are complaining just because the time gap between TES IV and V transcurred in a single generation of consoles, and you just can't expect a difference like say, Morowind vs Oblivion. The landscapes feel way better, with every detail looking like it was placed there, and not generated randomly by an algorithm. I will not spoil anything but every bit of Skyrim is just a marvel (although, I haven't finished the main quest thus far). The only minor disappointment is the lack of any multiplayer component, but seeing how rich this world is I really don't care.

The Elder's Scrolls V: Skyrim, RPG of the year and a serious contender for GoTY
  88. Nov 16, 2011
    Absolutely amazing. I lost a whole day to this game and I have barely scratched the surface. I love the levelling system as it makes you use different approaches for different dungeons, just so your character levels. The dragons make for for an exciting encounter but only if you are an archer in my experience. I tried hitting one with magic and one handed weapons but I got my rearAbsolutely amazing. I lost a whole day to this game and I have barely scratched the surface. I love the levelling system as it makes you use different approaches for different dungeons, just so your character levels. The dragons make for for an exciting encounter but only if you are an archer in my experience. I tried hitting one with magic and one handed weapons but I got my rear handed to me. Dungeons fit the mood and the variation in quests will keep me amused for months. Thank you Bethesda (Take note Infinity ward) Expand
  89. Nov 16, 2011
    Amazing game, People complaining must not have a good enough computer or playing it on console. I am running it Just fine, and has only crashed once when i did "~qqq", aka my own fault. The music is memorable, the fights are faster and quick paced, the environment is amazing, Everything about this game being amazing is correct, if you don't have a good enough pc, or not a PC user who knowsAmazing game, People complaining must not have a good enough computer or playing it on console. I am running it Just fine, and has only crashed once when i did "~qqq", aka my own fault. The music is memorable, the fights are faster and quick paced, the environment is amazing, Everything about this game being amazing is correct, if you don't have a good enough pc, or not a PC user who knows how to properly setup a game, please switch to console. Expand
  90. Nov 16, 2011
    this is the most epic game i have ever had the privilege of playing. The npc's,dragons,quests and dungeons there all amazing. the true show stealer however is the world of skyrim. the scale is amazing. you will find yourself wondering aimlessly for hours just to see whats round the next corner. If you don't buy this you need help. SIMPLES!!!!
  91. Nov 16, 2011
    I purchased Skyrim on launch day, and once I started up the game, there were no load times, no advertisements, no logos besides Bethesda's but a clean interface going straight to the menu screen and new game. Starting and playing the game itself is like living in a fantasy world. The music, sounds, graphics and everything make you feel totally immersed. This game is improved from OblivionI purchased Skyrim on launch day, and once I started up the game, there were no load times, no advertisements, no logos besides Bethesda's but a clean interface going straight to the menu screen and new game. Starting and playing the game itself is like living in a fantasy world. The music, sounds, graphics and everything make you feel totally immersed. This game is improved from Oblivion in every way because there are no game breaking bugs, crashes, graphic, or performance issues, and the ones that they do have are very minor and can be patched. I have played about 35 hours so far and I can say that this game is a masterpiece. I have only been to one city so far and have been doing quests only in that city. I have not even gone through half of the quests yet as I have a long list of things to do, and each quest doesn't feel generic like other RPGs' fetch quests and kill quests. There are 8 more holds in the game, so I know I can expect much more than the 300 hours Bethesda advertised. Overall, I can't even begin to describe what this game offers and how much you can do in it while having so much fun. Expand
  92. Nov 16, 2011
    Skyrim, like Bethesda's Fallout 3 and Oblivion before it, will inevitably receive a certain amount of criticism. This will generally focus on these things: 1. Bugs
    2. The graphics
    3. The combat system And all of these criticisms will be completely accurate. Skyrim's graphics pale in comparison to some other (much smaller and simpler) games of this generation. Its combat system looks
    2. The graphics
    3. The combat system
    And all of these criticisms will be completely accurate. Skyrim's graphics pale in comparison to some other (much smaller and simpler) games of this generation. Its combat system looks pitiful next to the combat systems of some other (much smaller and simpler) games of this generation. It has many more bugs than other (much smaller and simpler) games of this generation. Do you see what I'm getting at here? To judge Skyrim on the basis of these elements is as redundant as criticizing Grand Theft Auto for having simpler driving mechanics than Gran Turismo. To focus on these elements is to completely miss the point. Bethesda have built a bigger, deeper, more intricate world than anything our consoles have seen before. Then they stuck me in the middle of it and dared me to do whatever the hell I felt like. This is a game in which I've struck out with the aim of infiltrating a fortress in the dead of night, only to find myself spending 20 minutes seeing how many inanimate objects I could balance on the corpse of a giant spider. A game in which a misplaced arrow during an epic battle with a dragon somehow escalated into a very messy swordfight with half a dozen Haafingar guards, all because I really didn't want to give up an enchanted ring I may or may not have pickpocketed from a sleeping woman whose house I had broken into some days earlier. It's game in which I made my housekeeper (okay okay "housecarl" sorry, Lydia) fight the ghost of a legendary assassin because he just wouldn't shut up, and it's a game that made me stop dead in my tracks and utter a terrible expletive the first time I looked up at the sky on a clear night. If you're simply after some hack-'n'-slash action with an EXP. meter, you could do a lot better than Skyrim. But if your interests and desires as a gamer are multifarious enough to appreciate what Bethesda are doing (and if you can look past the terrible fault of having the same jump button as Fallout 3 did, which seemed to bother one reviewer a surprising amount), then it could very well become your favourite thing.
  93. Nov 17, 2011
    The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim is as expected, the best RPG of all time and possibly best game ever. There is so much content in this game that will keep you busy for hours and hours and don't get bored with the 100s of quests and places to explore. The gameplay is fantastic, how you can put one weapon or spell in one hand and a different one in the other which gives plenty of choice. TheThe Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim is as expected, the best RPG of all time and possibly best game ever. There is so much content in this game that will keep you busy for hours and hours and don't get bored with the 100s of quests and places to explore. The gameplay is fantastic, how you can put one weapon or spell in one hand and a different one in the other which gives plenty of choice. The choosing classes at the beginning is scrapped now you just level up skills by using that skill more than others which is more realistic. Levelling up is a blast and feels really rewarding and there are loads of perks under each skill to choose from. The only fault I would give this game is the noticeable glitches and bugs with the occasional freezing but that's to be expected with a game at this size. I would rather a massive game with loads to do and i can overlook the bugs. But really no game is perfect but this is not far from it. I rated this game 10 because i think it is higher than 9 but no game is perfect so I would go inbetween with 9.5/10. Some reviews are too harsh and are never pleased and rate things down massively for little things when this is definitely the best game in my collection! Expand
  94. Nov 17, 2011
    I have been a fan of the Elders Scrolls series since I played Morrowwind and its expansions on the original Xbox. I continued the series going into Oblivion with knowledge that bugs may be apparent due to the extensiveness of the quest and the amount of open world changes the game tries to keep track of, those issues where apparent in Morrowwind and not so much as Oblivion, but now we areI have been a fan of the Elders Scrolls series since I played Morrowwind and its expansions on the original Xbox. I continued the series going into Oblivion with knowledge that bugs may be apparent due to the extensiveness of the quest and the amount of open world changes the game tries to keep track of, those issues where apparent in Morrowwind and not so much as Oblivion, but now we are on to Skyrim the company's latest console attempt and by far the worse in terms of bugs. When the game runs perfectly it is a masterpiece that shines above its predecessors in every way and I recommend everyone plays this entry, because I know in my heart Bethesda will bring out a patch. Now to justify the reasons for playing this buggy journey are excellent combat controls (I'm not a fan of the new favorite system, but it works. I wish they would have let you map your selection to the D-pad instead.), massive amounts of quests, a beautiful open-world, great music score, and an excellent story (possible the best story so far in the series). Another thing to point out is the interactions with characters seem more approaching in this game, you feel like you want to speak to the NPC's. This is the perfect example of a Diamond in the Rough. Expand
  95. Nov 17, 2011
    I should give this game a 0 for hor the addiction level! This game is awsome! This is a game thats worth $60. Unlike other games that just release the same game every year to *Cough Mw3 Cough*
  96. Nov 17, 2011
    This game is GREAT. I have bought all the Elder Scrolls to date and this one by far has the most polish and personality into it's game design. I also saw quite a few changes for the better from the Fallout 3 games. These make it a much clearer vision. The sheer amount of content here is amazing, I sunk 20 hours over a weekend playing this game and i loved every minute of it. If any haveThis game is GREAT. I have bought all the Elder Scrolls to date and this one by far has the most polish and personality into it's game design. I also saw quite a few changes for the better from the Fallout 3 games. These make it a much clearer vision. The sheer amount of content here is amazing, I sunk 20 hours over a weekend playing this game and i loved every minute of it. If any have gripes with the Xbox 360 texture problems have no worries, Bethesda will fix it very soon. I have every confidence that you will love this masterpiece. 5 stars out of 5. Expand
  97. Dec 8, 2011
    Spectacular game. Everyhting about it is awesome, after getting my third dragon shout the game got even better. Good job bethesda, keep up the good work and hopefully make a really good DLC for this game because im definitely getting it :)
  98. Nov 18, 2011
    Game of the year candidate. The few flaws, which are rather prevalent in this type of game, can be forgiven for all the things the game does well. Beautiful graphics, amazing music and a well written story make this a must have for anyone looking to go beyond the insipid boom-fests that most other games deliver.
  99. Nov 18, 2011
    What a fantastic game. Skyrim feels like Bethesda are finally beginning to achieve what they've been trying to get right for over ten years, refining those elements that made Fallout 3 and Oblivion so enjoyable whilst avoiding many of the issues present in those titles.

Easily Bethesda's greatest achievement yet and without a doubt one of the best open world RPG titles ever released.
  100. Nov 18, 2011
    Outstanding. I HATE rpgs... seriously, i can't stand them... but this game... wow. So much to do, so much to explore, and the game is freaking gorgeous!
  101. Nov 11, 2011

1. This is a game full of emotions for gamers who are willing to embrace it. A beautiful fantasy land that makes loading times a thing of the past and is full of surprises. Not only do you get a lot of variety in the locations, the gameplay offers a lot of different experiences as well. [December 2011, p.66]
  2. Dec 28, 2011
    I enjoyed Skyrim and I look forward to the DLC that we know is inevitably coming. If we looked at this honestly, though, this game probably should have been pushed back a month or so for more polish. It needed it and it still does.
  3. Skyrim is a gorgeous production that truly does justice to the words "roleplaying game." It doesn't just tell us a story, it gives us the chance to tell a story of our own. At its best, that's what an interactive art form should be all about. [Jan 2011, p.73]