6.5

1. Jun 15, 2017
    After paying full price for Skyrim and having 10 FPS and backwards flying dragons... get f****d Bethesda. I'd rather buy 3 indie games then support full priced broken games.
  2. May 3, 2017
    This is a 10/10 game dropped to 8/10 because of performance issues for the PS3. There were some instances where the game would lag so horribly, that i would have to restart the system to make it go away. most of the time the game played well enough, so i was able to eventually put 200+ hours into it. the reason i got this version was because i heard it got patched and all the the bigThis is a 10/10 game dropped to 8/10 because of performance issues for the PS3. There were some instances where the game would lag so horribly, that i would have to restart the system to make it go away. most of the time the game played well enough, so i was able to eventually put 200+ hours into it. the reason i got this version was because i heard it got patched and all the the big issues were fixed. This is FALSE the game still has big issues. as for bugs and glitches i think i only ran into one, but i think it might've just been my fault because i tried to get to a location i wasn't supposed to be yet and, as a result i broke a quest. The real issue here is the lag and if you want to avoid it i strongly suggest you get the PS4, XONE, 360, or PC versions play one of those and this game is a 10/10. DO NOT GET THE PS3 VERSION!!!.

Now on to the game. Amazing game! What i love about this game is the amount of freedom to do what you want. if you want to completely forget about the main story and go off adventuring you can do that, if you want to live life as a criminal you can do that. you want to become a powerful mage that can hurl fireballs at your enemies? or be a stealthy thief character? you can do that. there are so many possibilities and playstyles to choose from. there is a lot to see and do in Skyrim and at 200 hours i feel like i'm a long way from 100% completion. for most rpg's i've played once i've hit the 200 hour mark i probably seen just about everything in the game. this is not the case with skyrim, i'm past 200 hours and still have many quests i haven't completed and places i haven't explored. it's amazing how much stuff there is to do in this game. It is one my favorite games of all time and if you like RPG's i highly recommend it. you will LOVE this game.
  3. Apr 18, 2017
    Yes I was one of those people who got hit by the horrible crippling lag that comes with playing this game for a great length of time. It's truly sad because this game would easily be the game of the year if those bugs weren't in the game but I truly believe you need to take something like this into account when you make a decision like that. I actually traded this version in for the 360Yes I was one of those people who got hit by the horrible crippling lag that comes with playing this game for a great length of time. It's truly sad because this game would easily be the game of the year if those bugs weren't in the game but I truly believe you need to take something like this into account when you make a decision like that. I actually traded this version in for the 360 one because I wanted to get the full experience out this game and not have to pick and choose what I want to do before the game's crippling lag keeps me from continuing. So a word of advice for anyone planning to buy this game: DO NOT BUY IT ON THE PS3!!!! If I can convey anything to anyone with this review it would be that. Stay very far away from this version and get another one. You won't regret it. Expand
  4. Apr 13, 2017
    Boring game in the long run, missions are very tedious at the end, have too much content and very uninteresting, removing a couple of chains of missions, the others become heavy
  5. Mar 22, 2017
    One of the best games of all time and perhaps the greatest RPG. The amount of fun you can have with this game is crazy. While playing it on PS3 might not be the best idea, all in all it still is a great game.
  6. Mar 16, 2017
    Just play this game... is the definition of an awesome soundtrack and an epic world, each detail has been taken in account. I never felt the same santations than playing this game.
  7. Jan 15, 2017
    I bought this for $5 on my PS3 since I never had played it before and wanted a fun cheap RPG to play. After 15 hours into the game, I love it! Amazing and that is just vanilla no mods yet. I do agree that charging $60 for the special edition version is a cash grab ripoff for new consoles. Now I wanna get it for PC so I can get the mods and DLC. For a six year old game, the graphics areI bought this for $5 on my PS3 since I never had played it before and wanted a fun cheap RPG to play. After 15 hours into the game, I love it! Amazing and that is just vanilla no mods yet. I do agree that charging $60 for the special edition version is a cash grab ripoff for new consoles. Now I wanna get it for PC so I can get the mods and DLC. For a six year old game, the graphics are still decent and fun adventure game if you like killing dragons and undead. HUGE world to explore and like the freedom to do quests on your own terms. Good character design and crafting opens up millions of possible ways to play as well. Want to be a thief battle mage? You can do that a ton of ways. Craft a unique sword and armor? Endless choices and that is just one thing. Also can do cool stuff like get married and cook food even. Expand
  8. Oct 26, 2016
    This game is unbelievably good. its one of the best games to ever hit this planet. I love it to death and cant wait for friday because i got my skyrim special edition on my ps4 preordered. You might have noticed i gave it a 0 you know why ? BECAUSE THE PS3 VERSION IS **** ATTROUCIUS IT RUNS AT 23 FPS AND GLADLY DIPS TO 10 AKA BEYOND UNPLAYABLE AND IT FREEZES, ESPECIALLY ONCE YOU'RE SAVEThis game is unbelievably good. its one of the best games to ever hit this planet. I love it to death and cant wait for friday because i got my skyrim special edition on my ps4 preordered. You might have noticed i gave it a 0 you know why ? BECAUSE THE PS3 VERSION IS **** ATTROUCIUS IT RUNS AT 23 FPS AND GLADLY DIPS TO 10 AKA BEYOND UNPLAYABLE AND IT FREEZES, ESPECIALLY ONCE YOU'RE SAVE FILE EXCEEDS 6MB WHICH IS BY THE TIME YOU ARE LEVEL 15 AND JUST START REALIZING HOW PERFECT THIS GAME IS EXCEPT FOR THE **** PS3 PORT. IT PISSES ME OFF. You guys will se me at the skyrim ps4 review too so dont worry. i sware to god if we get the same problem there to. we got it bethesda you're relations with microsoft is better than sony but wtf? might as well dont release the ps3 version. Expand
  9. Oct 16, 2016
    One of my favorite RPGs of all time. This game has so much content and so many replayablility options that there is no way you will be tired of this game anytime soon. I mean you get to duel wield swords and magic, use dragon powers and ride dragons. That is freakin awesome and I can't wait till the next Elder Scrolls.
  10. Sep 10, 2016
    I am currently wrapping up my first play-though of this epic title and while I know there are mixed reviews about this game, please please try it! If you can play it on PC or Xbox 360 (or PS4/X1) go that route if you can...(the PS3 version is kinda poopy) I started my first play through of this game alongside The Witcher 3. During that time I had to keep bouncing in-between the two becauseI am currently wrapping up my first play-though of this epic title and while I know there are mixed reviews about this game, please please try it! If you can play it on PC or Xbox 360 (or PS4/X1) go that route if you can...(the PS3 version is kinda poopy) I started my first play through of this game alongside The Witcher 3. During that time I had to keep bouncing in-between the two because I couldn't decide which one I liked better... That is a pretty big accomplishment considering i was playing the worst version of a game that came out in 2011 versus a 1 year old next-gen masterpiece. I enjoyed both and I recommend both. But I have to say... where my Witcher 3 play-through ended at 85 hours, my Skyrim (Legendary Edition) play-through is just about to pass 225 hours and there are still unfinished quests and stuff I haven't found. Just saying that's a lot of content for a game I bought brand new for $15. Expand
  11. Aug 11, 2016
    Skyrim is indeed my First Elder Scrolls Game Experience. After only sinking more than 200+ hours in the Game, I couldn't stop. I would spend countless hours at night just playing this game. Even though this game has it's problems with Bugs and Glitches, I look pass these problems simply because it didn't deter me to not play the game at all. Absolutely love the Nordic feel to it. From it'sSkyrim is indeed my First Elder Scrolls Game Experience. After only sinking more than 200+ hours in the Game, I couldn't stop. I would spend countless hours at night just playing this game. Even though this game has it's problems with Bugs and Glitches, I look pass these problems simply because it didn't deter me to not play the game at all. Absolutely love the Nordic feel to it. From it's lush backdrops, It's inspiring music, It's Combat system, Skyrim is actually one of my Favorite Elder Scrolls Game so Far. Expand
  12. Aug 7, 2016
    Such a fun game. I didn't think I would like this game this much. Yes, there is lag, and bugs. But that doesn't bother me at all. Controls are perfect. Worth the money.
  13. Jun 26, 2016
    This has to be one of the worst ports I've ever played. While the PC and XBOX 360 version of the game looks beautiful. The PS3 version doesn't. Blurry, low textures, audio issues, framerate dropping to 15 if there is more than 3 enemies on the screen, buggy and glitchy.

Let's start out with the textures. The textures looks worse than they do on PC's low setting. You have to get close to them in order to make them look better. Compared to the other versions this just looks like a PS2 game.

The game has tons of audio issues, from sounds not playing to them being out of sync. The PS3 can do better than this, much better.

If there are more than 3 enemies on the screen at once the framerate drops to below 15, I'm not kidding! Hell, even if there aren't any enemies on screen the game randomly drops to 0FPS (yes really) for no reason!

Like all Bethesda games the game did have a couple of bugs and glitches... on PC and XBOX 360. On the PS3 version the game was unplayable thanks to dragons flying backwards, falling though the map and much much more.

All of this could be avoided if Bethesda actually finished their games before releasing them. But I guess they ran out of time or they were to lazy so they just ignored optimizing the PS3. And charged $60 for it! The PS3 does have the power to look as good as the XBOX360 version. Oh well, let's hope it looks better on PS4.

If you're thinking of buying Skyrim, please buy it on XBOX360 or PC! Don't buy the PS3 version unless you want the game to look and play like sh*t. The game is still fun though and offers everything the other versions does (Except better graphics, audio and framerate) The game is really fun, I put more than 100 hours into it!
  14. Jun 18, 2016
    I have two standpoints on this game:
    1; My personal experiences. This is my favourite game of all time and I believe it should be hailed as the King of modern gaming.
    2; Actual fundamental gaming experience. This is how good of a game it actually is, not that it's bad, just not as good as my biased mind leads me to believe. Let's look at my point of view. TES V: Skyrim is an action-
    I have two standpoints on this game:

Let's look at my point of view.
    TES V: Skyrim is an action- role playing game set in a high fantasy world with medieval-ey technology. Skyrim, to me, is one of the greatest game sever created. It has a special place in my heart, just because of the way it does what it does. It's everyone you could want in a game. An amazing setting, good story and quests, great combat and most of all the ability to create an atmosphere. I think that this is one of the most important things a game can do, and Skyrim does it perfectly. It sets atmospheres for creepy caves, majestic castles, frozen tundras, bustling towns and dank crypts.

Now, the technical aspect. This is where the game falls to an 8. Yes, the game is glitchy. Yes, it is sometimes laggy (not for me). All the other reviews that say it is unplayable are false. It is definitely playable and definitely worth your money. There are lots of glitches that sometimes lock you out of quests, but they are rarely unsolvable. The physics are quite broken at times, too. From my experience the AI is quite intelligent and not that glitchy. The combat is fluent and works flawlessly so I see no problem there.

Here's the thing: what I wrote above is good in a way. It gives the game character. The most perfect games in history are some of the most infamously broken. Heck, look at Super Mario 64. You should NEVER expect to buy and play a Bethesda game without getting a chuckle when a spatula starts dancing or cheese flies of its plate. The same is true for Fallout 3 and 4. One of the reason these games are great is because they're not perfect.

Summary:
    Pros:
    Fun gameplay
    Lots of quests
    Immersive story
    Great environments
    Cons:
    Glitchy as heck
    Graphics could be better
    No mod support on console

Overall rating: 8/10
    Hey, that's mildly adequate
  15. Apr 21, 2016
    Es uno de los mejores juegos que he jugado en mi vida, aunque en la versión de PS3 tiene fallos de FPS en los exteriores, pero no por eso le hace un mal juego, obviamente hoy en día gráficamente se queda corto, pero en cuanto a contenido y ambientación es lo mejor que hay en PS3 (Según mi punto de visto de lo que yo he podido jugar) Cuando no estas matando un dragón, estas picando piedraEs uno de los mejores juegos que he jugado en mi vida, aunque en la versión de PS3 tiene fallos de FPS en los exteriores, pero no por eso le hace un mal juego, obviamente hoy en día gráficamente se queda corto, pero en cuanto a contenido y ambientación es lo mejor que hay en PS3 (Según mi punto de visto de lo que yo he podido jugar) Cuando no estas matando un dragón, estas picando piedra o minerales, un día estas casándote y el otro
    construyendo tu casa, yo creo que es de los pocos juegos que menos me a aburrido en estos últimos años, yo lo recomiendo, pero lo recomiendo con los DLCs, si puedes comprar la versión legendaria mejor, un saludo.
  16. Apr 19, 2016
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Dream Yol Lok, future dovahkiin!
    This game is not at all what the haters say it is. Even now, in 2016, the graphics hold up as some of the best (even, in my opinion, able to be held up to the standard of GTA V) and it provides a vast land that is completely yours to discover and explore. Become thane of all the holds, steal large, priceless gems from the snow elves or even become an assassin. You have many races and options to choose from; the amount of customization is mind boggling and without even realizing it you'll put hundreds of hours into this beautifully made game.

That said..
    This game Does have its issues. Does it freeze? Sure, sometimes. Are some quests a little buggy? Yep. Will there be any lag? Well, duh! In a game as big and expansive as this, you can't honestly expect a 5 star, absolutely flawless experience. There's going to be a few bumps in the road, like it or not. But when taking in the Huge scale of the game, suddenly those bumps seem much smaller.

Personally, I play on the Xbox 360, if only because my brother broke my PlayStation. However, the majority of my friends and such whom use the PlayStation all say the same as myself; despite its flaws, skyrim still stands proud, and ifs head held high eight years later as a classic example of genius put to work.

Now, enough singing the games praise to the high heavens.

In all seriousness, this game does have issues. Dragons flying oddly, dead people showing up to your wedding, an annoying argonian who won't leave his cave (curse you derkeethus!), and so many more. But look at games today; the big title grand theft auto five for example. It has it's fair share of bugs and glitches, both big and small, yet people still love it for its unique story and fun characters. For those of us who can see past Skyrims faults, both obvious and subtle, I commend you, for you are among the best.

So to all of those who love this game, despite its faults, and to all of those who are looking for a game to love; welcome, to Tamriel.
  17. Apr 18, 2016
    The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim is an almost flawless game, with an intriguing story, brilliant graphics and, best of all, an expansive, fun-to-explore open world.
  18. Apr 18, 2016
    It was broken at launch. Bethesda fixed almost everything but the framerate.

What's that? Oh, I'm being told my review has to be 150 characters long.
  19. Mar 29, 2016
    this game gives you a lot of bang for your buck. there is so much content here that you could spend hundreds of hours playing and still have lots to discover. unfortunately you may end up finding yourself getting board before you get to that point. overall I love these kinds of games that Bethesda has been giving us along with fallout. an enormous beautiful world that you can just losethis game gives you a lot of bang for your buck. there is so much content here that you could spend hundreds of hours playing and still have lots to discover. unfortunately you may end up finding yourself getting board before you get to that point. overall I love these kinds of games that Bethesda has been giving us along with fallout. an enormous beautiful world that you can just lose yourself in, hundreds of quest that expand upon the lore of the world and make it feel real. these are things many gamers crave but few games can satisfy. Its extremely accessible do to its simplistic but deep leveling system and first person view that makes it more appealing than traditional RPG's. but unfortunately the biggest strength of this game is also its biggest flaw. there is so much to do in this world but very little of it feels meaningful. A big reason for this is the lack of character motivation. without spoiling anything, the story evolves around you being someone very special and destined to fulfill somewhat of a prophecy, but the character has no emotional value attached to this quest, making the main quest feel just as much as a side quest as any other. There are some really cool quests in the game but there are just as many boring ones that you will find your self doing simply to gain experience. I'm not saying the story is bad, its definitely engaging enough, but the lack of an emotional connection to it can cause you to question why you are even playing when you are in the middle of a boring quest. combat isn't anything special, and will feel dull in later hours of the game, but a good thing about it is that it gives you a clear idea of what your limitations are based on your level. for example, you know if early on in the game if you see a giant, that you definitely don't want to mess with it, but will be something that you can take on eventually, and probably have a good idea of how high of a level you'll need to be to do it. Even though I found the game to get dull after about 40 hours, many other people may not have the same problem and be engaged the whole time because of the beauty of the world, and is overall a pretty great game, and I understand why it was such an enormous hit, but I don't believe it to be as great of a game as people once thought now that it has been out for a while, but still a game I think is definitely worth your money, due to the amount of content you get out of it, and would say I definitely really liked it despite finding myself having to really push through the times I got bored. Expand
  20. Feb 25, 2016
    Excelent game but the lag (partially fixed in the las patch, The game needs more RAM but PS3 only has 256mb). I would recommend to buy it for PC because is not olny cheaper but also boast to have great performance and support from the fans. On the other hand, the game is awesome, I have spent more than 100 hours. It is worth.
  21. Feb 24, 2016
    This game is always so fun, and the endless quests makes the fun last a very long time. I end up playing this game for multiple hours. It is addicting. Also I love the graphics.
  22. Feb 21, 2016
    I really loved Skyrim on my PS3 yeah it had some problems for some people but i think in my caste at least it was not that bad i'm lucky i was one of the rare cases but overall it is one of the best rpgs even made.. no it is the best rpg ever made.
  23. Feb 16, 2016
    Don't have much to say about Skyrim, just that it's one of the best games ever made. There's endless hours of fun so don't worry about getting bored or anything, there's always something to do.

It's just that in PS3 the game doesn't run as good as in PC. I myself have encountered very few lag moments or rendering issues, but I've seen problems with many other players. The game it's a

The game it's a 10/10 for the PC version, so try to get that one instead (if you have a good PC). In the other hand, this one's not a bad purchase. Just cross your fingers so you get an enjoyable experience from the PS3 port.
  24. Dec 30, 2015
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Boring story line. Boring and repetitive quests. I absolutely HATE the combat! You go to swing and you slide/float in the opposite direction. Just slow and clunky. Too many bugs. Same voice acting for just about every NPC. (Did they only hire 2 people for voice acting???) Repetitive phrases though out the world. Everything is grey and dark. The snow gets old pretty damn quick! (Also, turn the in game gamma all the way up or you can't see **** The world has NO character. Every city looks about the same. Your created character, no matter what you do, is ugly. The world doesn't grow with you. Upon killing the final dragon, everyone still continues to treat you like you just arrived, don't know who you are and like crap. Constant load screens!!! UGH! The damn loading screens! Entering a house (loading screen), go through another door (loading screen). You spend half the game waiting for loading screens and you better hope that it doesn't freeze up in the process. I could go on and on about why this same sucks so bad. This game just blows! I don't know how many hours I have put into this game, only to complain about how much is angers me. Don't waste your time on this piece of crap. Go out and buy Dragon Age: Inquisition. IMPO, it is everything that Skyrim should have been. Expand
  25. Dec 24, 2015
    Played this game for almost 500 hours.

Mods gallor and constant player content make this game a true timeless masterpiece.

Will play it for years to come. Great game and great developer.
  26. Dec 3, 2015
    BEST GAME EVER!!!!
    definitely worth buying like literally my game of the decade!!!!! their is soooooo much to do and the leveling up is a lot of fun, you can buy a house, horse, adopt children, marry someone, get a pet dog, become a vampire, or werewolf, and all the shouts are effing awesome, There is not much negative i have to say about this game, go buy it now!!!!
  27. Nov 30, 2015
    I really love this game. It runs quite well on the PS3 and it is really great quality. I like how you can decide what you want to say to people. It definitely keeps you busy with a variety of objectives and quests. However, the game isn't so long that you lose interest in it. I highly recommend this game!
  28. Nov 21, 2015
    This game is a gem and ofcourse I'm reviewing it now but you've just gotta play it mate and this game is one of the only reasons I still have my PS3. After unlocking every achievement and playing most of what the game has got to offer I have to say... Skyrim is the greatest game I've played in my life. Hats of to you Bethesda. If you have not played this... You're one lucky gezzer. Buy it.This game is a gem and ofcourse I'm reviewing it now but you've just gotta play it mate and this game is one of the only reasons I still have my PS3. After unlocking every achievement and playing most of what the game has got to offer I have to say... Skyrim is the greatest game I've played in my life. Hats of to you Bethesda. If you have not played this... You're one lucky gezzer. Buy it. Play it. Have fun. Expand
  29. Nov 18, 2015
    Out of all the hours I have played Skyrim, I have had only one real game-breaking bug which was when I lost my companion, Lydia. I could never find her and couldn't get her replaced. But other than that, the gameplay is fantastic. Really addicting.
  30. Nov 16, 2015
    Todos já falaram do problema de travamento deste lixo no PS3, mas vou restringir meus comentários aos gráficos ultrapassados deste jogo.

Logo no início da configuração da aparência você tem a impressão de que não foi utilizado sequer um sistema de captura de movimentos, bem comum hoje em dia, e isso se confirma no início do jogo, com personagens robóticos e animais (vide aquele urso bizarro na caverna) como movimentação típica de PS1, não digo nem de PS2, que foram produzidos jogos com movimentação de personagens bem mais elaborada do que este aqui.

Pior do que deficiência técnica, que é nitidamente visível que a Bethesda possui, houve descaso no desenvolvimento deste jogo. Como exemplo, cito a visão em terceira pessoa do personagem, em que você vira a câmera e quando anda, não foram nem capazes de desenhar um movimento de transição do personagem, ele simplesmente aparece andando na outra direção. Muito ridículo isso para um jogo de PS3. É uma falha inaceitável.

Outra falha é que não há qualquer interação do personagem com o cenário, ou seja, as roupas não sujam nem molham, você não vê respingo de água, nem folhagens balançando quando o personagem anda. Ele apenas flutua pelo cenário mal feito.

Eu sei que vão dizer: "mas o forte do jogo é a imersão..." Que imersão, se nada presente no jogo procura obedecer o mínimo das leis da física? Por mais básica que seja. Acho que tem que ser muito retardado para se sentir imerso em um jogo assim, sem contar a infinidade de bugs, como um mamute que caiu do céu parecendo uma fruta podre e se esborrachou no chão, entre outras bizarrices típicas de um jogo feito por amadores.

Enfim, mais uma vez digo que avaliações altas são realizadas por sites parciais que são pagos para avaliar bem jogos ruins. E nem pela falta de RPGs decentes no ps3 vale a pena jogar este lixo aqui.
  31. Nov 15, 2015
    This game is amazing but the port isn't so amazing. The game plays well but there can be many frame rate drops, long loading screens, strange glitches, texture problems etc. If you are considering getting Skyrim then make sure you get the legendary edition and if you have a powerful PC then consider getting it on PC because it can handle the game much better.
  32. Nov 12, 2015
    After playing 5 different save files to more than 500 hours combined, obtaining all the trophies and playing all DLCs, I can say that Skyrim is well deserving of a 5/5, 100% A+ score as it's positives completely out weigh the little you can pick to pieces about it.

If you read any review please bear in mind that people recognise Skyrim has some major positives, they also note the loading time or in their opinion it is not finished. To you I say that this game is no way deserving of such a low score and I am shocked by the amount of Negative scores. It seems some people punish the game because of their own systems or by coping off other websites 'reasons to dislike Skyrim.'

My review of the game is that the world is massive, the seemingly endless locations differ vastly and each city will provide it's individual quirks. The foes are completely different from one another and different gameplays; magic, hand to hand combat, ranged or dragon shouts give the game seemingly endless playability. The story and all is side stories are amazingly deep and differ from one another. And each DLC adds more and more volume to an already vast game and all it's content. On a final note the perk system is very well thought up and provide a range of upgrades to choose from each time you level up.

If you like Fallout or Red Dead Redemption (other games I've played) then give Skyrim a bash.
  33. Nov 8, 2015
    This is probably one of the best games ever, although it is not perfect in any way.
    Graphics are beautiful compared to the prequel Oblivion, an animations just got a lot better, making gameplay a lot better. Although that, gameplay could be still better, its still someway floaty
    World in Skyrim is BEAUTIFUL, and random encounters make up for pretty memorable experiences, like the one i had with the encounter of a giant and a dragon. Magic is also really fine, and sidequest are like... infinite.
    There are a lot of secrets, too.
    The only real flaw i found to this date is de horse riding, really laggy and buggy
    There are also long loading times in PS3 version, and some frame rate issues with crashing.
    So.. i give this PS3 version a 9 out of 10, anyway this is an incredible game
  34. Oct 31, 2015
    Great game and spent many many hours on it. Re-play value is extremely good as well. I have purchased the game 2-3 months after release so i missed the bugs. I do advise everyone buying games from bethesda to do so as this is generally the problem. After bugs are sorted they create amazing games. I cannot fault Skyrim on anything really. Storyline, graphics (at that time), options,Great game and spent many many hours on it. Re-play value is extremely good as well. I have purchased the game 2-3 months after release so i missed the bugs. I do advise everyone buying games from bethesda to do so as this is generally the problem. After bugs are sorted they create amazing games. I cannot fault Skyrim on anything really. Storyline, graphics (at that time), options, choices, etc all 10/10 Expand
  35. Oct 28, 2015
    This game is simply outstanding, it has such a huge, extensive and living world that is a pleasure to be in, and every time you go out into the world you will find something you have never seen before and will have a great time every time you play this game, and will put hours and hours and hours into this game, and will love every second of it.
  36. Sep 4, 2015
    Probably the most overrated game in video game history...Skyrim redefines the word "SHALLOW" when it comes to video games and puts a new light on "Integrity" of our dear, bribed and conditionally blind professional "journalists".
    Poor main story, unimaginative to the bone, poorly presented, poorly executed, poorly paced, and like with all Bethesda games, with 0% characterization or any noticeable impact on the world.
    Horrible fetch X/kill Y side quests, repeated endlessly in a loop that comprise at least 75% of the game's "content"...there is no story here, no tangible reward, no unique dialogue or lore to discover, just mindless, generic grind.
    World is a theme park of dungeons, bandit camps and filled with babbling idiots who repeat the same inane nonsense on a loop...there is no sense of cohesion or place, no gripping atmosphere...it feels more like a Lego Box with toys stuffed into it to make it seem "full", rather than something designed with underlining vision behind it. Everything is copy pasted over another and by this I mean EVERYTHING...characters, dialogue, environment, music, quests...the game feels soulless to the core and more based on endlessly repeating algorythm, rather than handcrafted work of art with attention to detail and expressive characters/quests/environments. Skin deep is all you're getting out of Skyrim.
    Not a single line of engaging dialogue...Skyrim not even once made me laugh or cry or provoke emotional reaction of any kind. To put it bluntly: Skyrim is a game where you can get drunk with a God of Debauchery and STILL find yourself bored to death. Even Robots have more passion and creativity than people from Bethesda, when it comes to writing.
    Completely shallow rpg mechanics, dumbed down to the core, offering very little sense of character progression. Unbalanced and clumsy game play to the extreme, all basic combat mechanics are poor: hit reactions, animations, camera, combat sounds, AI, no dodge, no lock-on system. All crafting skills, spells, stealth: game breaking. Majority of perks are useless and nothing more than passives. Just spam your attacks like a brainless idiot ...that's the whole "strategy".
    Hillarious marriage "system"...embarassing to anyone who ever got laid, or even had any kind of contact with the opposite sex.
    Poor voice acting, small number of voice actors and except for a main theme song, completely uninspired sound track. Very basic sound design that even makes forests feel completely lifeless.
    Worst puzzle design of all time, practically designed to mock player's intelligence.
    Poor horse riding, absence of any good mini games.
    Freedom to do whatever you want!...Hah! More like play around in artificially level scaled Lego Box without a focused, engaging main storyline and filled with "quests" and "characters" completely disconnected from one another. Nothing you do ever has any kind of impact on ANYTHING.
    Ton of bugs, issues, crashes, glitches...Bethesda never lets you down.
    Comically bad user interface.
    No cinematics or cutscenes of any kind.
    Very limited interaction with the environment...only direction movement and jump/levitate when glitched...no climbing the ladders or jumping over ledges or anything similar.
    Very shallow "replayability"...how many lines did my Redguard have with other npc's regarding his background. Two. How many on my end? None.
    Only cosmetic and very minor gameplay changes that in the end affect "nothing".
    Freedom to be whovever you want! Hah!...No matter what skills you grind, your race is, who your "spouse" is, where your house is or whether you pick Imperials or Stormcloaks...everyone ends up in the end with the same generic MMO drone, that doesn't have even a single, discernable personality trait. Just like in the intro, where player has no dialogue options or shows any reaction even to the unfortunate situation that his HEAD is about to be CHOPPED OFF .
    In the end, I can say I played my share of good games, bad games, great games and anything in between. But there is no game that managed to leave the same impression such as Skyrim when finishing it after more than 150 hours...ABSOLUTELY NOTHING.
    And that's exactly the score I'm giving it.
  37. Sep 1, 2015
    This game is one of my personal favorite games off all time! Except for the minor glitches on the PlayStation edition of the game this game is still worth your money ! First off all, hours of game play too immerse you too the stage where you notice it's 4 in the morning, and you need too sleep but you can't because you still haven't found the thu'um that you need too be the ultimate dragonThis game is one of my personal favorite games off all time! Except for the minor glitches on the PlayStation edition of the game this game is still worth your money ! First off all, hours of game play too immerse you too the stage where you notice it's 4 in the morning, and you need too sleep but you can't because you still haven't found the thu'um that you need too be the ultimate dragon born! or you need too complete a side quest, or a campaign quest were you will get amazing rewards worthy of the noble adventurer! AND THE SIDE QUESTS AREN'T HARD TOO FIND, there are millions too a stage where you will possibly never complete them all, and they're all amazing every single one of them! It's fun, it's massively open world and it's got hundreds of hours of amazing game play. This game is a great installment too the elder scrolls franchise! hope this review helped c: . Expand
  38. Jul 13, 2015
    Demasiado disperso, demasiado grande, demasiadas cosas para hacer, yo particularmente preferiría algo más concreto e intenso...
    Por lo demás. un videojuego con un trabajo increíble detrás, pero aunque es mejor tecnicamente que oblivion, me ha parecido más falto de inspiración, y aburrido, como si hubiera un cierto cansancio por parte de los creadores....
  39. Jul 4, 2015
    Skyrim is the best game in the Elder Scrolls series, and I would not hesitate to call it the best PS3 game released. Its replay value is unrivaled and your gameplay/character options are limitless. A lot of the negative reviews on here are to do with bugs and lagging due to the sheer size of the game, but with patches that have since come out I have found this to only be a minor problemSkyrim is the best game in the Elder Scrolls series, and I would not hesitate to call it the best PS3 game released. Its replay value is unrivaled and your gameplay/character options are limitless. A lot of the negative reviews on here are to do with bugs and lagging due to the sheer size of the game, but with patches that have since come out I have found this to only be a minor problem that does not hinder my enjoyment of the game. I have logged 120+ hours on each of my 4 characters in the 4 years I've had the game and have had to restart the system due to freezing less than 30 times, with the most common error being a never-ending loading screen. Most of my lagging glitches came with the Dawnguard add-on, with the outer-Riften area being very slow, however it was not that much of a bother. With Hearthfire I only experienced minor steward and container glitches but still was able to thoroughly enjoy it. I would recommend this game as a must-play for any gamer, and cannot wait for Elder Scrolls VI. Expand
  40. Jun 29, 2015
    Skyrim is an immersive epic. It's graphics and sound are great. The combat is always changing and can be played in so many ways. It's world feels gigantic yet memorable. You will spend so much time in skyrim, helping random people or taking on fearsome monsters. It is let down by bugs and AI issues but you will enjoy your time in skyrim. The loading times may be long, but even they can'tSkyrim is an immersive epic. It's graphics and sound are great. The combat is always changing and can be played in so many ways. It's world feels gigantic yet memorable. You will spend so much time in skyrim, helping random people or taking on fearsome monsters. It is let down by bugs and AI issues but you will enjoy your time in skyrim. The loading times may be long, but even they can't put you off such an amazing game. Expand
  41. Jun 24, 2015
    In the old times, it sucked because you could hardly play and it would lag a lot and it would crash. Skyrim was useless on PS3. It was still fine and worth it on Xbox360 and PC. Now Skyrim is also worth buying this game on the PS3. It is the best game ever. Its even the Greatest Hits. Its definitely a "Must Play" game. It also has very good reviews Like 10/10, 9.5/10, 9/10, 5/5, 4.5/5,In the old times, it sucked because you could hardly play and it would lag a lot and it would crash. Skyrim was useless on PS3. It was still fine and worth it on Xbox360 and PC. Now Skyrim is also worth buying this game on the PS3. It is the best game ever. Its even the Greatest Hits. Its definitely a "Must Play" game. It also has very good reviews Like 10/10, 9.5/10, 9/10, 5/5, 4.5/5, to me its definitely a 10/10, it earns a very good score. it also won over 200 GOTY awards and its also a GOTY on 2011, its also the best game of all time. If you haven't played. You got to do it now. Its those games you MUST play before you die. Its a 400 hours game. Its amazing. Its fantastic. The problem is it still does lags a little bit but not so much as the old days, and plus it doesn't crash anymore. They fix the PS3 version so you could play as much as you want. Its one of those fighting, RPG, and kind of like fantasy, medieval, and Viking times. Its really good. You should play this game NOW. Expand
  42. Jun 20, 2015
    Skyrim is one of those games that you hear so much about you MUST try it for yourself. So i did. And for the most part i was very pleased there is SOOOOOOOOOO much to do. The world is larger than pretty much any game i have ever played and i mean that quite literally. Filled with side quests there is probably hundreds of side quests and i'm not exaggerating that either. Also probably theSkyrim is one of those games that you hear so much about you MUST try it for yourself. So i did. And for the most part i was very pleased there is SOOOOOOOOOO much to do. The world is larger than pretty much any game i have ever played and i mean that quite literally. Filled with side quests there is probably hundreds of side quests and i'm not exaggerating that either. Also probably the best thing about this game the sound track it is absolutely beautiful the song of the dragonborn is epic and the songs you hear while traveling are peaceful and calming. However this game that so many people claim to be perfect is NOT perfect particularly for the ps3 version.

The main problem i have with this game is the combat now i have heard many many excuses for the combat system such as i don't get it or i just don't like it because it is different but there is no justification for the lazy combat system in this game now it isn't a bad combat system however it is boring just a simple spam the attack button or hold the attack button it is lazy and feels like you are accomplishing nothing when you attack the sound effects are bland as well. That doesn't mean the voice acting and everything else is bad in fact the voice acting is some of the best i have ever seen in a game. I also give props to the dragon sound effects very well done.

Another very large issue i had was that no matter what you do none of the npcs will act differently i have killed dragons in some of the larges cities in the entire game and no one will respond or even a cheap little thanks to my heroic actions. In fact the most response i get is an attack from the guards if i steal or kill a chicken.(yes that does happen)

The side quests are a tad pointless. Besides the Thieves guild and the Dark Brotherhood quests the side missions are for the most part boring besides a few daedric missions but besides that it is rather pointless things like fetch some gems for a jeweler or get some frost wraith teeth for an old lady.

The big issue is for the ps3 version itself first time playing this game i had to reinstall because large parts of the map didn't load don't like having to do that ever i have even heard from others that the lag becomes to horrible that you can't even play the game.

Overall i really really liked skyrim but it does have problems and they cannot be ignored but i still managed to get over 50 hours of fun out of this game.
  43. Jun 2, 2015
    I love this game...... It is a fun game and every person is interactable and some have there own story. There is no lag or no problems with the game..... I would recommend anyone and everyone to play this game on any platform....
  44. Apr 29, 2015
    Skyrim was the second chapter of The Elders Scrolls that I played, and from early hours of play the changes from Oblivion were quite marked, some positive but some negative.

The plot of Skyrim is outstanding, and narrative cues such as the return of the dragons, Skyrim civil war, the rise of the third Aldmeri Dominion and the prophecies about the Dragonborn have made sure to make it spectacular. I loved also some references to Morrowind, as the return of the dwarven ruins. However I did not like that (not a spoiler, you can also understand it from the announcement trailer) events in Skyrim play a protagonist role in the whole saga, but all that has happened in the other chapters assumed a marginal role, role of lesser importance, they were "only dark omens before the return of the dragons". This made sure that Skyrim had an excellent story, but has weakened the importance of the stories of the previous chapters, and this is not right, and I do not like. Among other things, important or not, I preferred the plot of Oblivion.

The gameplay of Skyrim is mainly as large as The Elder Scrolls games have accustomed us, but it has some elements improved: the structure of the fight system has progressed, the editor of the character it's been improved, the use of magic with two hands is good, the sprint allow to run faster, and of course the Dragon shouts are great, they make the game more original. Also you can perform various task to create and get items such as wood and iron. On the other hand, however, there are some pretty serious failings and flaws: there aren't hammers to repair weapons and armor, or rather the weapons and armor literally do not wear out; the magic can not be used with sword and shield (in Oblivon was possible), the skill tree is oversimplified, the difficulty in general was rather lowered. In other words, the gameplay has been removed from the perfection achieved in Oblivion, in favor of a simpler gameplay, perhaps for an audience of younger players. And I did not like this.

The graphical leap from Oblivion to Skyrim was surprising: the Creation Engine is a great graphics engine, and artistic beauty is amazing. A stunning soundtrack, epic main theme composed by Soule, based on the one of Morrowind. Personally I haven't had to deal with many acclaimed technical problems and bugs in Skyrim on PS3, because I took the game months after its release, when apparently they had been corrected.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim is essentially a fantastic game, one of the best rpg-games in history, a masterpiece in reality. Some choices in the gameplay could be better, but are not so important after all. This game is already legend.
  45. Apr 8, 2015
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. okay game just some things little laggy not on psn but dlc are on it the final battle has you like a npc otherwise that that this game is okay for me too play Expand
  46. Apr 6, 2015
    What the **** is this **** And just to think that I spent 20 euros on this ****ing game. I throught my 15 years I only have heard good things about Elder Scrolls. But no! This game is **** there I said. I mean this game is totally messed up. It´s a game from 2011 but it´s graphics make it look like it is from 2003! I mean even Ride to Hell: Retribution has better graphics than this ****What the **** is this **** And just to think that I spent 20 euros on this ****ing game. I throught my 15 years I only have heard good things about Elder Scrolls. But no! This game is **** there I said. I mean this game is totally messed up. It´s a game from 2011 but it´s graphics make it look like it is from 2003! I mean even Ride to Hell: Retribution has better graphics than this **** and is one of the worst games ever! It´s gameplay is totally ****ed up, there is no tutorial explaining you fully what you can do, the only tutorial in the game is reserved to walking and fighting, that´s the only things the tutorial at the beginning teaches you! The combat is BROKEN, BROKEN, like the rest of the game. You have a hard time just aiming to strike the enemy. Another thing, if I might ask why is this game a Pegi 18? For Christ`s sake, this game isn`t bloody nor violent, it is so dissapointing to be mad of a frachise that probably is better than this. I resolved to give a chance to Elder Scrolls, I did. I swear that I did .Perhaps the main reason that I didn`t understood the story was because I had never previously playded an Elder Scrolls game, but that is no excuse. The developers need to be ready for this situations! There Elder Scrolls are not in every supermarket or in every game store, so the developers need to find a way to briefe in the beginning of the game of what happened in the previous ones, am I wrong? Not to mention, the ****ing bugs and glitchs. Really my advise to you people out there that want to buy this game, forget it. Save your money for other things, I mean, buy another RPG, like Dragon Age, that is infinitly superior to this abomanation! Stay far away as possible from the game. And of course needless to say that I didn´t even playde an hour of this game, because all this problems that I mentioned can be found in the first half hour, even less. Jus don`t be fool as I was, save your money and buy other games, GOOD GAMES! As for you critics of the 100% and 10 out of 10 I would like so much to make you buy game for twice the amount of money I paid for. It was 20 euros, 20 euros and I had a great Lego game beside it. IT`S **** THERE I SAID! Expand
  47. Mar 16, 2015
    This game is great.It gives so many options and most of the events that happen are based on your actions.I really hope Bethseda makes more games like this!
  48. Mar 5, 2015
    Three words: Glitchy, Broken, AMAZING.

This is a simple case of an expertly crafted experience, ruined on more than one platform by horrendous quality assurance. I couldn't tell you how many times my horse fell through a mountain, how many times I got stuck in terrain and had to reload, How many times I just died from literally nothing or my PS3 turned off completely while playing!
    Three words: Glitchy, Broken, AMAZING.

I couldn't tell you how many times my horse fell through a mountain, how many times I got stuck in terrain and had to reload, How many times I just died from literally nothing or my PS3 turned off completely while playing! Glitches like not being able to finish a quest for no real reason or a spellbook becoming forever unattainable because an NPC refuses to sell it (like they should) run rampant in this fantasy masterpiece. It's a shame too as it quickly became one of may favorite (and most frustrating) experiences on the platform to this day.

With technical aspects aside, I'm glad to admit this game is beautiful, in both scenery and character, and the world is deep, BIG, and diverse. Character interactions are mostly enjoyable(though writing is not always perfect). And of course, the enemy verity and combat scenarios placed in front of the played are varied and offer thousands of ways to take them on. The leveling trees, perk systems, and combat are endlessly satisfying; making this one of the best RPGs money can buy. Though, running it a 12fps in combat and 2fps (Yes it gets that bad) in glitchy areas constantly threatens to kill the entire experience.

This product is broken all around, but nowhere does it have as bad of QA as on the PS3. Honestly if there weren't going to test the product they should never have released it for this platform. If you have literally any other option of where and how to play this game, DON'T buy it on PS3! It is so broken it will break you! Long story short this is a wonderful and lengthy experience that offers up a ton of fun if you can put up with an equal weight in ****
    7.2/10
  49. Feb 23, 2015
    If this game didn't have bugs that make me restart my entire progress, I would give this game a 10. The graphics look decent and the leveling up system is so fun!
  50. Jan 30, 2015
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I love this game it is the Greatest Elder Scrolls Game of all time I personally hope for a PS4 version in the future anyone who loves RPGs will love this one the character creator is simply AMAZING!, you got several classes of characters to choose from, you can craft your own armor, enchant said armor and forge and enchant EPIC weapons, the story is truly EPIC although you may want to avoid dragons until your at least LV 10, the 3 DLCS added the Vampire Lord form, The Island of Solstheim and of course the ability to adopt childern which is pretty cool (Serana whom you get as a companion is pretty EPIC herself), and with a HUGE open world you could be adventuring for hours and still not see every place on the map, I do advise turning off all the save options in the settings menu as the game runs smoother with them off and doesn't freeze as much, long story short one of the greatest if not the greatest game of all time! Expand
  51. Jan 28, 2015
    Finally reviewing skyrim after all these years. Well i cant possibly give it a high score because it wasnt playable on release and i personally didn't think it ran well till patch 1.7. It was the only unplayable game i ever tried to play. I do have a love for this game.I have put 100s of hours into it. None the less only quality merchandise for me.
  52. Jan 23, 2015
    I love this game, a platinum trophy prove it. The atmosphere, the world, the epicness are awesome, some of the main missions are so enjoyable.

In the other side I dont like the combat system it feels superimposed, the attack is the same whether you succeed or fail and often can not tell if you guessed right. The relationships are very impersonal, there are many repetitive missions and side missions are very similar, the load times are very long.

Still it is one of the best games I've played.
  53. Jan 1, 2015
    The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim is epic in scope. Customization options are terrific, and within the framework of the game are only limited by your time investment. Exploration is remarkable, with numerous memorable locations.
  54. Dec 31, 2014
    Skyrim is a game that should be bought by everyone the game lets us have world to explore and gives you freedom and most games don't do do that I think that all those hours of gameplay aren't wasted time. the game has so much in store and like side missions areas to explore shops to to buy things houses to buy plus there there are a couple hours of additional content.Like I said thisSkyrim is a game that should be bought by everyone the game lets us have world to explore and gives you freedom and most games don't do do that I think that all those hours of gameplay aren't wasted time. the game has so much in store and like side missions areas to explore shops to to buy things houses to buy plus there there are a couple hours of additional content.Like I said this game should be bought by everyone if you haven't played it I recommend you buy this game. Expand
  55. Dec 27, 2014
    FUS RO DAH!!!!!!!!!!!! Words can describe the love i have for skyrim! each play through is different you can play a mage and join the collage of winter hold or be a warrior and join the companions! the main storyline is OK. not that good! side quest are amazing! you can be walking along a a dragon start to attack you or a village! then a then you might get a letter and start anotherFUS RO DAH!!!!!!!!!!!! Words can describe the love i have for skyrim! each play through is different you can play a mage and join the collage of winter hold or be a warrior and join the companions! the main storyline is OK. not that good! side quest are amazing! you can be walking along a a dragon start to attack you or a village! then a then you might get a letter and start another mission! there is so much to do its unbelievable! the lag sometimes is really noticeable but goes away! ive put over two hundred hours in and there's still more to do! WARNING: SAY GOODBYE TO YOUR LIFE! Expand
  56. Dec 16, 2014
    Not as good as Oblivion, but a pretty great game. The key is only autosaving every 10 to 15 minutes when you bring up the circle button menu. Saving takes a long, long time, and if you do it too much most of your time in game will be spent on saves. My other major trouble is the inability to respec as monsters and the like keep getting tougher with your level (that automaticallyNot as good as Oblivion, but a pretty great game. The key is only autosaving every 10 to 15 minutes when you bring up the circle button menu. Saving takes a long, long time, and if you do it too much most of your time in game will be spent on saves. My other major trouble is the inability to respec as monsters and the like keep getting tougher with your level (that automatically increases) but the skills you've decided to use might not match - yes you can adjust the difficulty, but that approach is like a sledge hammer quickly becoming too easy or too hard. Additionally, Magic is too hobbled. Swords and armor aren't skill restricted, that is you can pick up an Iron axe and wield it just as easily as an Orcish mace - as it should be. Your ability to access those weapons is determined most by your ability to craft them, challenging but not difficult. However all magic is directly restricted to your skill number (not how many points you place in the tree) meaning you have to be really dedicated to grueling your way through magic if you want to be a primary spell caster since using melee weapons and arrows is so flipping easy. There are a few bugs, but most are recoverable (I have 14 saves allowing time for a bug to present itself so I can reload) and I've only experianced 2. 1 in a "werewolf in jail" quest which in my first playthrough was almost unrecoverable because I went to the DLC before reaching white run (so don't do that). And one was in a Moth palace where a gate wouldn't open after I killed the enemy before he could come through it. Very enjoyable over all however, a lovely game that I highly recommend to everyone. Expand
  57. Dec 5, 2014
    This would be the most succinct way to describe this game - it's easily the best game I've ever played. I LOVE this game - I cannot wait for the next installment to come to PS4. The game is enjoyable, always entertaining, the story is fantastic, graphics are excellent. I cannot even think of a criticism for this game. It's also one of the few games that every one of my friends and I canThis would be the most succinct way to describe this game - it's easily the best game I've ever played. I LOVE this game - I cannot wait for the next installment to come to PS4. The game is enjoyable, always entertaining, the story is fantastic, graphics are excellent. I cannot even think of a criticism for this game. It's also one of the few games that every one of my friends and I can agree on really liking. Expand
  58. Nov 30, 2014
    It's almost 2015 and the bugs seem to have been resolved. This is a great game, but for some reason, I can't finish it after playing from the beginning 3 times. I get close to finishing, but if I take too much time off from the game, I forget where I am and the immersion is gone. It's also too easy after about mid game. It's a massive game, but most of the terrain is in the same coldIt's almost 2015 and the bugs seem to have been resolved. This is a great game, but for some reason, I can't finish it after playing from the beginning 3 times. I get close to finishing, but if I take too much time off from the game, I forget where I am and the immersion is gone. It's also too easy after about mid game. It's a massive game, but most of the terrain is in the same cold mountainous region. I know it's Skyrim, but it's a dreary setting everywhere unlike Oblivion which is more mixed.

Despite these minor complaints, Skyrim has a huge world and I'm proof that you could spend years exploring it and still not see it all. If my PS3 still worked, I would look forward to trying yet again from the beginning in a few months.
  59. Nov 30, 2014
    I am The Destroyer. I will break games, complain about the littlest detail, and tell you whether or not you should buy this game. A lot of things to say but can't due to the 5000 character limit.

We are on the final patch of this game, and the game is still frustrating as hell! Did Bethesda fix the bugs? No! Is it still crashing every 30 minutes after 80 hours of gameplay? Yeah! Do quests get bugged to the point where they don't proceed? Pretty soon no ones going to give a **** about what Bethesda makes any more. No ones gonna wanna buy their products because they can't program their games correctly, especially not for PS3. Skyrim should never have come to this console!!!

1. Story
    The story is set in the province of Skyrim, where the dormant dragons are suddenly returning. The end days have been prophesied and only Dragonborn can stand up to it. You begin the game a prisoner in Helgan, where you get to customize the visuals of your character. Destined for the chopping block, a dragon attacks & destroys Helgan, and you managed to break free. What happens next is up to you.

2. Voice Acting
    Finally, a Bethesda game where voice acting can be phrased! From small conversations to large meetings, they are filled with rich detail has you are believing every word they say, even if they don't always lip-sync correctly.

3. Graphics and Visuals
    One thing I noticed about Skyrim is that there is a lack of emotion on most of the characters faces. They all just look downright neutral all the time. But as for the attack visuals, magic, scenery, and everything else, the graphics are as good as it's going to get for this generation.

4. Gameplay
    Gameplay refers to the Battle System, Customization & Level Up, and various areas you explore within the game. Put it all together and it's awesome!

-Battle System-
    There are going to be a lot of battles in this game, and you'll be given many different ways on how to deal with the situation. You have your choice of Axes, Swords, Daggers, Greatswords, Shields to an extent, Magic, and many more. The Role-Playing element in this game is mostly gone and leans towards more of an Action element, but that doesn't mean that the battles aren't fun.

-Customization-
    Despite it's variation, the customization doesn't feel right. You can essentially become a god in this game once you max out Smithing, Alchemy, and Enchantment. It feels unbalanced. Aside from that, you can wear any armor piece you want, use any weapon, it's all there. Some things are done right, other things are done wrong. The average fan will be satisfied with this result...

-Exploration-
    Easily the best part about this game! You actually want to explore because it feels interesting, and there's a lot of areas to look around in. Dungeons don't ever feel generic either despite some having the same artwork. But the enemies for the most part are swapped up, which further adds to the experience.

5. Soundtrack
    The music feels rich and high quality, almost as if it set itself up to be put in a game that would be for the ages. It's a shame because these tracks deserved to be in a better game or at least a game that's safe from bugs.

6. DLC
    Don't even think about it! Anyone who buys DLC is an idiot because you gave into Bethesda's master cash-in plan! The promised to fix the bugs, but instead they added DLC. They have not earned the satisfaction to take our money with additionals when they couldn't even deliver us the original product. And even if you do download them, your playing time gets chopped in half! Your files will begin crashing & bugging much earlier.

7. Bugs & Glitches
    Oh my god... The amount of bugs that flood this game is ridiculous! Your game will begin to crash randomly after 80 hours of gameplay, and you will get stuck on loading screens even before then. Quests don't proceed properly or come to a halt by picking the wrong actions. It's just a nightmare.

8. Personal Enjoyment
    Even without bugs and glitches I realize this isn't a perfect game. How do I put this without giving away spoilerd... hmmm... In the Civil War questline, it's all offence and no defense. Both the Thieves Guild questline and the College of Winterhold questline have an unsatisfactory aftermath. The game does have some fun moments, but isn't worth what happens after.

9. Overall Verdict
    Bethesda might have promised to fix some of the bugs, but that still doesn't excuse how the game was at release, and how it took over a year for them to fix some of the issues. And instead of fixing them all, they added DLC. The damage has been done! No one should play the PS3 version of Skyrim. The overall verdict is a 5 out of 10. The sour experience drops the epic down to an average game.
  60. Nov 20, 2014
    An Immersive, outstanding RPG and one of the best ever made in its genre. Laughable that any 'review' could give it any less than 9/10.

Good - Huge, beautiful and immersive world with almost limitless role play possibilities and gameplay choices. Like all truly great games, you can sink hours into Skyrim without really doing much in the game. The main story, while not as well suited to all players races as Oblvions is excellent and fits perfectly into the land of the Nords. The overall gameplay is far superior to any scrolls game that has come before. JUst a great, great game with potentially thousands of hours of gameplay.

Bad - Yes there are some bugs that persist even today and some can be frustrating. Lore wise its just not as open ended as oblivion; if you care about such things as I do, you would never choose a Dragonborn to be anything but a Nord or maybe Imperial, anything else would be stupid.

Verdict - Any game of this scale is going to have bugs, some smaller ones have never been fixed, but that doesn't stop Skyrim from being a truly great game and possibly the best rpg ever made. 9/10, FACT.
  61. Nov 6, 2014
    My late review.
    My late review.
    First of all i want to say many people have rated this a bad game because of the bugs, mission structure, unexpected issues affecting story and NPC behavior which for the most part i understand... but how in the world can you take that and compare it to all the amazing and ground breaking things present here and give the game a 0? you know that is just over complaining. Take away these problems and the game is pretty much the same on the 360, STOP BEING SPOILT AND THINK OUTSIDE WHAT THE DEVELOPERS MAKE FOR YOU, there is an outstanding game there.
    You have to use your imagination sometimes for this game because the last gen consoles could not handle more space which should be expected. The immersion, music, character customization, accurate portrayed themes, presentation and lore is the best i have seen in any game in years. You could play this game for hours and hours without getting bored because there is so much to do, both making up your own stories and playing the developed side missions.
    Everything is just done SO well, the combat has its issues, some people hate it but the combat to me is using the landscape to your advantage, taking your time with hits, choosing the right potion for the right weapons and utilizing the shouts when the timing is right.
    The music is the best i have heard in any game, the immersion is just too spectacular here almost perfect, the feeling that you are in a living breathing world is done like something out of a 5 star movie, exploring the underground caves and dungeons to the vast open grasslands and densely packed forests and the freedom of movement is remarkable, looking far as the eye can see, just knowing you can walk over their and explore that far away point in the distance is something truly special.
    You just feel like everything has a point... whether it is roaming the lands at night as a vampire looking for foolish bystanders too feed on or a hero deciding to go out and put a stop to the corrupt and rich or any plain thief that you may wander near to.
    I really do not have much issues with this game except that some towns and cities are vastly lacking with people and feel way too small (lacks immersion), of course the bugs, some missions drag you straight into things you do not want to do then you have to load back to a previous point, jumping over rocks and climbing is a pain, the things people say are annoying, repetitive and stupid, the sneak mechanic does need fixing and the main missions are too short.
    I could go on and on but i have limited space to work with, honestly one of the best games ever made 10/10.
  62. Nov 1, 2014
    First let me start with saying that Skyrim's combat is sh*t. It takes away the feeling that you are developing a character, that you help contribute to your character, that this is Your character. I am talking about investing points into Agility and seeing your character hit more often, those sort of things that create attachment to the game. Skyrim lacks the attachment part because asFirst let me start with saying that Skyrim's combat is sh*t. It takes away the feeling that you are developing a character, that you help contribute to your character, that this is Your character. I am talking about investing points into Agility and seeing your character hit more often, those sort of things that create attachment to the game. Skyrim lacks the attachment part because as long as You have the skills, You can do anything (from picking master locks, to hitting every time with the bow) which leaves you without a reason to care for this world, no attachment...

In Skyrim earlier perks completely say 'FU' to the difficulty and the need of finding better gear by giving you more damage, less mana requirements for spell usage (some perks are good).

Why Morrowind is better: from finding your own way via reading the journal, to more interesting architecture, more diverse and interesting locations, better made dungeons, better weapons, armor and loot, loot with value (for example glass or daedric loot was nearly impossible to sell due to its high value (1 daedric bolt is 4000 gold!)), more diverse and interesting magics, better and deeper stories, harder and more interesting puzzles (lockpicking was level based and if your Security skill was low forget about lvl100 Master locks unless with a magic scroll), harsher consequences for your actions and therefore more choices (you can kill anyone for example plot characters rendering the main plot impossible to complete unless you reloaded a save or found some other way; also NPCs were interesting because you could do more with them - if you were to increase the disposition of an NPC and your Personality was high enough you might find newer quests for example and new dialog. NPCs would offend you if they didnt like you and shopkeepers wont barter with you if you had items they disapproved like Skooma; if you had no stamina and were under attack you would fall to the ground unable to act until some stamina comes back).
  63. Oct 24, 2014
    Back at launch i had interest in this game for its atmosphere, but i delayed it due to some of the problems of the PS3 version. So i recently bought the Legendary Edition on PS3 and gave it a try. I needed to came here to do my personal and fast review because 3 years have passed since launch and guess what: most of the technical problems are still there. I am ~30h into the game and thereBack at launch i had interest in this game for its atmosphere, but i delayed it due to some of the problems of the PS3 version. So i recently bought the Legendary Edition on PS3 and gave it a try. I needed to came here to do my personal and fast review because 3 years have passed since launch and guess what: most of the technical problems are still there. I am ~30h into the game and there are so many technical problems that make me unsure if i want to continue this mess.
    First thing: the game. The atmosphere of the game itself it is what makes this game unique and is what can keep us playing despite the technical/performance problems: Ice Age+Viking atmosphere. The concept is a 1st/3rd person generic openworld WRPG with lots of freedom, with a nice overall upgrade character system. There are giants, mammoths, saber-tooth tigers, etc, etc, etc, DRAGONS, many character races, lots of quests, lots of caverns, lots dungeons, many distinct cities, etc, etc, etc, lots weapon/items upgrades/creation, nice skill trees, lots of skills/magics/summons, etc, etc, etc. I personally think the level up system and skill trees/perks/skills is a huge change from last games. It is a super plain and simple system and it is the best i have seen in ages in a game of this genre. If you like lots of freedom in a game, a nice level up system, this kind of atmosphere, many quests, DRAGONS, this game is for you.
    Second thing: technical execution (of the PS3 version). For the ones who want still give it a try, at least in this version, you can count on frame rate issues, some breaks, some freezes, game late response to the gamepad, random dead dragons in the world and you can do nothing to them, random items bouncing like crazy on tables, floor, water, etc. So far even some quests had bugs like you can't talk to people you should to to progress the mission... I also had to turn off all of the autosaves because the game froze 6 times in 20 minutes of gameplay, and that was the way to stop that.
    Another note: when you start the game for the very first time, the first autosave is bugged. It won't let you save the game any further and the autosave system will not work. You must ignore that and start the game again with another save file without deleting that very first autosave.
    Come on... Was this game finished/optimized ready to launch on consoles?

Pros: incredible atmosphere, the freedom, many cities, many dungeons, many caverns... and... DRAGONS!
    Cons: technical side of the game. This is a complete mess of optimization of this version. What a shame.
    Another cons is that some of the caverns seems to be a copy of each other, with different paths... And there could be more enemy variation, but its fine as it is in these two aspects.

If i could play the game normally on my PS3 i would gave it a 10/10. So i take 3 points due to the technical mess that is this version.

What i can conclude once more, now after the launch of The Evil Within, is that in Bethesda there are extremely good guys in the design/artwork side of the company but they have poor guys in technical/optimization side.
    If you want to play Skyrim go to the PC version at least to avoid the major visual/performance problems.

I am now glad that in most official reviews of the new games the reviewers add some criticism to the technical side of the game so people can count on what to really expect from a game.
  64. Oct 21, 2014
    Skyrim is great but this is better:
    With the lights out, it's less dangerous
    Here we are now, entertain us
    I feel stupid and contagious
    Here we are now, entertain us
    A mulatto
    An albino
    A mosquito
    My libido
    Yay! [x3]
  65. Oct 15, 2014
    Negative reviews do not reflect the game. It is an absolute masterpiece. I recommend this game for hardcore gamers. Twitch players may get bored.

Good: First person rpg at its best. Outstanding graphics, great gameplay, fun quests and story. I have 100+ hours into this game. Bad: detailed game creates memory issues. I personally keep my ps3 virtually empty and have t had any issues.

Overall: value for dollar for this game is fantastic. Years after the original release i still go back to play it. Cant wait for bethesda game works next release. Great job guys... You keep my faith in the gaming industry.
  66. Oct 5, 2014
    This is just a huge Game that i think has no ending, it is just the perfect game. Skyrim brings a well done universe to the maximum it can go to and gives players one of the best experiences yet. Skyrim basically lets you finally be the Dungeon raider, Adventurer, or villian you want to be. Skyrim is the best western Role playing game of all time.
  67. Sep 24, 2014
    I gave his a 1 instead of 0 for the sake of the eyecandy and various cool thematic elements. I could give no higher score because relative to other games on this console the graphics do not excel and furthermore no amount of aesthetic cool can fix a broken game. I am a student of game design and it is my pre-professional opinion that this is probably the worst designed, highest praised,I gave his a 1 instead of 0 for the sake of the eyecandy and various cool thematic elements. I could give no higher score because relative to other games on this console the graphics do not excel and furthermore no amount of aesthetic cool can fix a broken game. I am a student of game design and it is my pre-professional opinion that this is probably the worst designed, highest praised, best-selling game of this generation. I have not played any other Elder Scroll games, nor will I. There are many more thorough reviews concerning the sheer awfulness of the game, so I will mention just a few elements which effectively "break" the game.

1. Enemy Scaling. No matter how many hours spent grinding to improve your character, the enemies scale to meet your level (within some limitations). This removes the primary incentive to level up. When you once enter a dungeon, the enemies therein are scaled to your level. You can button mash your way through or simply leave the dungeon, power up, and come back and destroy everything. Option one turns the game into a never-ending grind. Option two is a "dominant strategy." An auto-win, if you prefer. This obvious flaw effectively takes the strategizing out of the game. Which makes it a game of pure button-mashing skill. The only incentive for which is more eye-candy, and after your very repetitive umpteenth dungeon, umpteenth dragon slain, etc. The eye "candy" loses it's sweetness.

2. Very linear, static world under the guise of an "open world" concept. Just because you can run around in any direction you want doesn't make it "open." It's just 3-D. So what. The game has many plot threads, but the threads do not meet anywhere. They form not a tapestry, just a bunch of loose threads. You can pursue them in any order, (is that what makes it "open world"?) and because of the scaling improving yourself in one area (such as completing the warrior guild plot thread) won't actually help you complete any other plot thread. Every thread has one outcome and one outcome only. You either choose to finish it or not. Want to complete the thief guild thread? Hope you weren't trying to be a "good guy."
    One thread does not effect any of the other threads. You can literally beat the tar out of a character in one and then marry the same character in another. Wow. Feels so real. Your character is simply railroaded along. Want to "unlock" all the content? Simply grind along. None of the choices you make have any real impact.
    Furthermore, The main story line? The imminent Dragon invasion? Well, don't worry, the dragons will hold off so long as you choose not to advance that story thread. You will continue to encounter random dragons throughout the campaign, which are incredibly easy and disappointingly anti-climactic, since so much is done to build up the threat. Actually the giants are much more difficult (they are one of the few enemies that doesn't scale) and have no associated plot line. They just quietly herd their Mammoths and make their cheese, hardly disturbing anyone unless provoked, as you systematically commit genocide against their race.

3. Ok, just one more thing which I already mentioned. This game is incredibly repetitious. At first (especially I think if you haven't played any other Elder Scroll games) It feels very fresh and interesting, with lots happening, tons of options, different character types available, etc. Maybe the worst part of this game is how many hours I spent grinding away improving my character, finished a few plotlines, saw some cool eyecandy, and really became enthralled with the best part of this game, it's "high concept" and the associated elements before I I realized how much time I had wasted. Frankly, I already knew how the game ended. Boredom and frustration crept in slowly enough, and the "addiction level' (its pace of work to reward) was just right to keep me plugging away.
    The dungeons and sites are all essentially the same. There are just a handful of "types" of challenges and sites. The dungeons are even more linear and repetitious then the thin plot threads. They all, almost entirely without exception, and the exceptions I encountered were minimal, have one path to the end, dungeon bosses all exectly the same, simply scaled differently, and they all without exception have a simple exit out the back door after the boss is laid low. How convenient.

4. Don't even get me started on the inventory system.
  68. Sep 22, 2014
    Unkillable NPCs. Unkillable NPCs. Unkillable NPCs. Unkillable NPCs. Unkillable NPCs. Unkillable NPCs.

Score Breakdown: Unkillable NPCs -100/10, Total Score 0/10
  69. Sep 16, 2014
    A really awesome action rpg. The world is huge, the main story and side quests are fitting and the characters are interesting. Important remark: I played the "Game of the Year Edition". The original release PS 3 version is full of bugs and nearly unplayable. The graphic is good and the soundtrack is awesome. The battle system is optimized. It is better than ever and a reference for futureA really awesome action rpg. The world is huge, the main story and side quests are fitting and the characters are interesting. Important remark: I played the "Game of the Year Edition". The original release PS 3 version is full of bugs and nearly unplayable. The graphic is good and the soundtrack is awesome. The battle system is optimized. It is better than ever and a reference for future action rpgs. The job and stat system from previous Elder Scroll games is gone. It is more streamlined. I am uncertain if it is an improvement or not but it is done well in this game. Overall this is an awesome game. Still cannot decide if Skyrim or Morrowind is the better Elder Scroll game. Expand
  70. Sep 13, 2014
    The PS3 got the worst version of Skyrim, but even so, I can't give it anything less than a 10. Skyrim is a masterpiece, and one of the greatest pieces of entertainment ever created.

I don't have to tell you how amazing the world of Skyrim is, you'll have to live it. Even the few quirks (and glitches) of the game are overwhelmed by how well everything else was done. The attention to detail is amazing. There are a few things I wished it would have done better, like the frequency of the dragon fights. Once you've slewed your 20th dragon, the sense of wonder is gone. Still, I don't think I've ever played a better videogame.

As for the PS3, while the graphics have been downgraded dramatically as updates go by, the main ruiner of the game's experience is the ridiculous load times. I think I have spent at least 15% of the time I've played this game staring at a loading screen. When this time adds up to hundreds of hours of gameplay, it becomes staggering. Hope you didn't forget anything important once you open that door, because to get it back, you'll have to wait a few minutes.

Yes, the PC version is the gold standard, but I like that in the console where you are not allowed to tinker with the game, it retains its purity. At the time of this writing, I hope Skyrim makes it to the PS4, and improves over the PS3.
  71. Sep 3, 2014
    This game is a masterpiece! I played it so much and I still haven't done everything in it, and I don't know anyone who has either. The Game is Beautiful, The Characters are good, the Role-playing features are so good and there's so much more good about this game I cant even fit it in my Review box! Seriously if you haven't played this game go too your local store, and get it! It's so worthThis game is a masterpiece! I played it so much and I still haven't done everything in it, and I don't know anyone who has either. The Game is Beautiful, The Characters are good, the Role-playing features are so good and there's so much more good about this game I cant even fit it in my Review box! Seriously if you haven't played this game go too your local store, and get it! It's so worth the amount of money you pay for it! Expand
  72. Aug 22, 2014
    I bought this after the patch came out that fixed the save issues for the PS3 version. I will only shave 1 point off the final score for that. It would probably have been more, but I had no issues other than having to wait forever to play it. The game itself is as good as it has always been. It doesn't really add much to what was already done in Oblivion. A few minor tweaks here andI bought this after the patch came out that fixed the save issues for the PS3 version. I will only shave 1 point off the final score for that. It would probably have been more, but I had no issues other than having to wait forever to play it. The game itself is as good as it has always been. It doesn't really add much to what was already done in Oblivion. A few minor tweaks here and there, but that is about it. The complaints I have- Killing dragons by hitting them in the leg because they were dumb enough to land was pretty ill-conceived, Every NPC in the local taverns are all voice-acted by the same dude or broad, and none of the other minor annoyances too numerous to mention haven't really been addressed. Essentially it's an Oblivion HD remake or something along those lines. Expand
  73. Aug 17, 2014
    Beautiful experience. So much to do in one of the biggest open worlds I've ever seen, even without the expansions of the game. Also there are more interesting tales besides the main one. The variety available while you're creating your character is really deep and goes beyond imagination. A hell of a game, at least you should have 50 hours of good playing time secured.
  74. Aug 1, 2014
    While the PS3 version had a lot of issues at launch, along with the issue of the DLC, I'm glad Bethesda was able to sort out all the issues and get it running alright. I say alright because on the PS3 there is minor slowdown and in game freezes along with freezing at the load screen from time to time.

Don't get me wrong, The Elder Scrolls are my favorite game series to date, and I have played Morrowind and Oblivion over 200 hours a piece over the years.

For people who don't know what the game is about, it is different than any other game because of the freedoms you are given as the player. The beginning of the game is the only portion of the game that is linear (and all it really is, is a tutorial anyway). After that, you are free to explore the world in anyway you want. There is a main quest, but really, it's really your choice on what you want to do. If you want to build a fighting character, you can train your Health and Stamina and join the Fighters Guild and do missions that are based on killing stuff along with having a good story in the background. If you want to be a Mage, you train your Magicka and you go to the College of Winterhold and learn different spells that you can use to make your character better. You can also be an assassin, merchant, or a master of apothecary. All in all, it really doesn't matter what you do but personally I like joining the Dark Brotherhood and making an assassin with magical abilities such as invisibility (I've played for over 400 hours over the past two years on the difficulty Master).

That being said, I am not a video game nerd. And there are minor things that I would like to see fixed because I am a hardcore player. That is why I gave my review an 8. Someone new to the series I could see giving the game a 9 or even a 10 if you believe in perfection.

If you are a parent this holiday, I would recommend getting this game over Call Of Duty 14 for your kid if he's 16 to 18. Especially if he gets good grades in school and is a critical thinker because this game requires much more critical thinking than Call Of Duty 14 where you just shoot at people, get shot 1,000 times and don't die. I do understand that this is my personal opinion but Skyrim has won Game Of The Year by multiple publications and is regarded in nerdom as one of the best games ever made.

If your family has a nice computer, and don't live in the 1990's, I would recommend getting it for PC for enhanced graphics and the ability to mod your game which means you can add on to the biggest world ever created for a video game. Heck, you can even put lightsabers in it if you want.

And yes, I do have horns on my forehead. Because I was born that way. How about that Todd Howard.
  75. Jul 24, 2014
    It took me awhile to get use to this game because i was a FPS fan. at first i didn't like it because well i thought it was boring.... i was wrong. very wrong. it now my most played game by far and its even better with the dlc.
  76. Jul 14, 2014
    By far one of the greatest games I've ever played.even if it had lag issues on ps3 the fame itself is among my top list...how can u rate 0 an elder scrolls game. I've spent like 200 hours on ps3...and 200 more on pc nodded...
  77. Jul 1, 2014
    OH lordy help me with this game ik im late to review it but atleast i know what i need to be doing.
    first of all skyrim is not as bad as some other elderscroll games and all the people tht hate on it giving it a zero are probably the people who dont understand much about how a game is supposed to aim at a certain consumer.
    Skyrim is aiming at one of the highest demographics of consumers
    Skyrim is aiming at one of the highest demographics of consumers ever KIDS and teens ranging from 10-11
    small numbers right
    EXACTLY u fools its supposed to make tht little kid who is sitting down in his/her room sitting down in their room on tht HD tv NOT THINK!
    WITHERFANG UR A STUPID BECAUSE WHY WOULD THEY DO THT.
    the average ten year old now screams at someone who keeps killing them at cod how to u expect them to think where treasure/thief/contract/etc... they made the game simple with lots of gore isnt tht something u look for in an action game.
    the map of skyrim is ok its not the best nor the worse the mountains can be tedious but where else would they put a cave. in the ground like a rabbit hole.
    The combat is the a factor tht people themselves act like a 10-11 year old.
    ok now listen in the menu when u press start/esc. it has a setting called DIFFICULTY turn the game to expert u whore and see how easy it is then with ur deadric items AY!
    when i first bought skyrim i had the same opinion boring tedious a chore. tht didnt even effect me.
    ok ok ok i need u to be the listener.
    DO WHAT U WANT AND GET THE DLC.
    the dlc is gorgeous but this is about vanilla skyrim.
    YES some a lot of the quest is rinse and repeat but it doesnt mean u hv to rinse and repeat.
    next time try to sneak.
    next time try to use a two handed weapon.
    next time go FREAKING NAKED.
    IF THE GAME IS TOO EASY THEN SPICE IT UP!!!!!
    really its a joke everytime i hear someone say skyrim is toooooooo easy.
    now to the story. 0_0 u tried to hv a good story but all together it was u know predictable kill alduin yadda yadda hooray!
    thts why its not a ten.
    the combat is very innovative itself like oblivion and marrowind. if i do recall when u press both r1 and l1 button u do a double strike so combat is an A.
    voice acting robot mechanic thing. ok they could of done better even with the face animation because the character may sound sad but all u see is a robot face but they have tried with the emotions.
    now the little subplots like LIST
    companions
    thieves guild
    bards college-useless
    empire
    stormcloacks
    if i missed any put them in the comments.
    now for me to cut some cake the bugs!!
    now they r annoying and some catch u and it breaks ur game we cant fix tht everygame has bugs this 1 just has a ittle more.
    now if i went into every little detail this review itself wold probably end up on ign or something so ima stop there thx for reading if u hv any further coments or concerns put them in the comment section
  78. Jul 1, 2014
    The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim is less a product of creativity than an act of creation. The accomplishment on display is without equal, but it’s the sublimation of those efforts into a deeply personal experience that is the lasting effect and elicits the compulsive desire to consume more and more of what it has to offer. Playing it, I could recall getting the first Nintendo system andThe Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim is less a product of creativity than an act of creation. The accomplishment on display is without equal, but it’s the sublimation of those efforts into a deeply personal experience that is the lasting effect and elicits the compulsive desire to consume more and more of what it has to offer. Playing it, I could recall getting the first Nintendo system and sitting down with my brother to play Super Mario Brothers. Upon reaching the subterranean level 1-2, the dramatic aesthetic shift awakened us to the giddy thrill of realizing that we had no idea what the game had in store ahead, and our excitement became an uncontained rapturous exaltation. Eighty hours into Skyrim, I’m still feeling like that 11-year-old. Expand
  79. Jun 15, 2014
    Even if I ignored the extreme framerate issues, Skyrim would still be a huge disappointment when compared to the previous Oblivion. Just about all of the gameplay mechanics that made that game outstanding have been outright taken away or extremely dumbed down. For example, even though it was somewhat confusing for some players, in Oblivion you had total control over you character'sEven if I ignored the extreme framerate issues, Skyrim would still be a huge disappointment when compared to the previous Oblivion. Just about all of the gameplay mechanics that made that game outstanding have been outright taken away or extremely dumbed down. For example, even though it was somewhat confusing for some players, in Oblivion you had total control over you character's attributes, allowing you to create a superhuman character with maxed out health, speed, magic, and so on. In Skyrim however, you are now forced to choose between an increase of only health, stamina, and magic at each level up, which makes it impossible to create a "jack of all trades" character. This, combined with the addition of a fatigue meter which prevents you from sprinting indefinitely may be more realistic, but it's nowhere near as much fun. Hell, you can't even jump in this game! In addition, the fighting in general has been watered down severely. In terms of weapon combat, you no longer have the flashy directional power moves which you could use to disarm and stagger enemies, and in general the sword fighting just feels slow and clunky. This is even more detrimental because you can't sprint in all directions, which makes it virtually impossible to tactically move around to the side or rear of enemies during a battle.

The story has also taken a dramatic fall from grace. Quest lines such as the Mages and Thieves guilds are short and bare bones with no real surprises, and once completed, they leave you with almost nothing interesting to really show for it. I can't even recall a single NPC ever mentioning my new status as leader of these factions. In fact, NPCs never really have any interesting tales or conversations amongst themselves, making the world feel even less lively than it's predecessor, even with the expanded roster of voice actors.

In closing, I think that if Skyrim had been developed as a PC game first and then ported to consoles, many of these new design choices wouldn't have been introduced. But since the younger generation PS3 and Xbox owner were more of a primary focus this time around, many sacrifices had to be made, and a lot of the magic was lost in the process.
  80. Jun 13, 2014
    Skyrim isn't a bad game, but it is, in my opinion, the most overrated game in the history of gaming w/o another game sniffing 2nd place. Sure, there's lots to do, but the ridiculous amount of bugs, glitches, frame rate drops, tearing & freezing leave me wanting to play anything this. People call this one of the best games ever made -- how? It's not even the best Elder Scrolls game ever made...
  81. May 29, 2014
    People are saying they hate this game and there are people saying they love it, then there are those oddballs in between that like it, but say it has flaws. Then there's ME, who is between the love and in-between nonsense. I really do love this game, it has an AMAZING and **** BEAUTIFUL world, it's just got so many things you could waste time on, and is an amazing addition to the ElderPeople are saying they hate this game and there are people saying they love it, then there are those oddballs in between that like it, but say it has flaws. Then there's ME, who is between the love and in-between nonsense. I really do love this game, it has an AMAZING and **** BEAUTIFUL world, it's just got so many things you could waste time on, and is an amazing addition to the Elder Scrolls series! That said, it does have it's flaws, but those are super small bugs and glitches that can be easily overlooked, 9 out of ten, easily! Expand
  82. May 21, 2014
    Absolutely amazing game! Hopefully Bethesda follows up with another ES that is just as good. Great game if you love to explore new places and are into the medieval thing. The dragons themselves are another good reason to pick this up. Multiple difficulty levels are available, so that you get the right amount of challenge.

For the haters rating low due to lag: The PS3 version is NOT

For the haters rating low due to lag: The PS3 version is NOT "broken". Did you have the auto-save option on for traveling and waiting? I'll bet you did, because I had the same issue. The fix for your lag? Turn that option OFF. If you don't, the save file will become massive and freeze the machine. Don't be stupid and knock a game for an easily-fixable issue. Try Google next time. :p
  83. May 5, 2014
    I am a huge Bethesda fan-girl. They can rarely do wrong in my eyes. That being said:

Skyrim is a nerfed Oblivion, but it is still fun. Whatever bugs were going on are fixed now, I think I have had one or two crashes in the 100+ hrs I've played. Also very few if any instances of flying horses, hovering NPCs, etc, etc. Main story: Weak in Oblivion, and still weak now. Just no

Skyrim is a nerfed Oblivion, but it is still fun.

Main story: Weak in Oblivion, and still weak now. Just no desire to complete it.

Quests: Fun, but lack in variety, which seems to be a trend. Morrowind had the most varied quests, then Oblivion and now Skyrim. It's turned into just a go find this, go kill that. Come on Bethesda!!!

Fighting is just pointing and clicking frantically. No real skill here.

Guilds: My two favorite guilds from Oblivion, Thieves and DB, are now my least favorite. The stories are so poor, they shouldn't have even bothered. However, the fighters' and mages' guilds have fantastic stories and memorable NPCs.

Environment: breathtaking. Truly breathtaking.

Music: Amazing and it will get stuck in your head, but in a good way.

Enemies: Level with you, thank the man that wasn't nerfed. Go in the wrong area and wham-o insta-death. This makes me happy, I like a challenge.

Crafting: HUGE improvement from Oblivion. HUGE. I love crafting in this game; alchemy, smithing, enchanting... it's a great way to earn money and helps with the immersion.

Good game, but when held to what Bethesda normally puts out, it was just OK.
  84. May 3, 2014
    After the slow start on PS3, the patch fixed most issues and the game is very good. There is so much to do, and while some things will become repetitive, this is still worth picking up. Hundreds of hours of potential gameplay.
  85. Apr 21, 2014
    The greatest video gaming experience I've ever had.

Before I got into the game, I'd always heard of it, but never played. When I started playing it, I got hooked in it. The gorgeous open world, with over 400 locations just make it great. Lots of quests, infinite hours of gameplay, and such a great addition to a great franchise. Character creation really has improved, as well as the
    The greatest video gaming experience I've ever had.

Character creation really has improved, as well as the AI on each character. The voices are much improved as well, since Oblivion.

One common complaint it that it is "too easy" if so, go to your journal, and then settings, and change the difficulty. I recommend Apprentice or Adept for those on level 30-50, and then adept level from anywhere higher.

The amount of in game lore is incredible and quite stunning. As well as the development in the world, from simple things like how characters react to one and other, to the amazing post-quest dialogues.

10/10 from me
  86. Apr 7, 2014
    Skyrim is definitely one of my favorite games I have ever played. The visuals are great and the main story is OK, but all of the side missions are what make this game truly amazing. There are plenty of guilds to join and a unique quest line for each. The best part is, you don't have to chose what class you want to be right at the beginning. You chose what you want to be as you go. ForSkyrim is definitely one of my favorite games I have ever played. The visuals are great and the main story is OK, but all of the side missions are what make this game truly amazing. There are plenty of guilds to join and a unique quest line for each. The best part is, you don't have to chose what class you want to be right at the beginning. You chose what you want to be as you go. For me, this is the best RPG to date. Expand
  87. Mar 31, 2014
    One of the finest examples of shallow reviewers who are noobs and suck really bad. Or that they got bribed by Bethesda. Going to make this short, so I can get to what matters most. If you are expecting at least one fun quest such as waiting for the old man to sit on his chair and you have to drop a bullhead on him to make it look like an accident while not getting caught by his giant manOne of the finest examples of shallow reviewers who are noobs and suck really bad. Or that they got bribed by Bethesda. Going to make this short, so I can get to what matters most. If you are expecting at least one fun quest such as waiting for the old man to sit on his chair and you have to drop a bullhead on him to make it look like an accident while not getting caught by his giant man servant(from Oblivion), you will find nothing like that here. Tricking a group of people into thinking they are about to win a prize and you have to lure them one by one to a room to kill them without the others seeing you(Oblivion). Nothing, not one quest here is exhilarating or inspired. Every quest is insipid, boring, shallow, soul less garbage that consists of kill everything or bring me this. This game is a major major borefest, I turned it in after 60 hrs when i could not keep telling myself that this game was good. Ive put about 300 into Oblivion. Expand
  88. Mar 11, 2014
    This is how RPGs die; with thunderous applause. What happens when the best open world RPG series ever gets successful? Skyrim. Granted the game looks great and has a very large world to explore but it has been streamlined and dumbed down so much that no true RPG gamer could ever enjoy it.

First of all: NO STATS! I don't know if they thought it was too complicated to add stats for today's ADD riddled gamers or what. But to take out this core mechanic of any RPG worth its salt is unforgivable.
    Second, in an effort to continue to appeal to the lowest denominator of gamers they decided to once again go with "leveling" the world to you. This is a retard ass system and only leads to the high end of the game becoming stagnant and boring.
    Third they replaced actual content with "Radiant Storytelling" which in all reality translates to an infinite number of VERY GENERIC side quests (e.g. Go to location Y to get item X).
    Lastly they have removed almost every level role playing to their "RPG" There is no persuasion skill in the game or any other spells or anything for that matter that does not deal with combat. Also the racial abilities are a joke they have been basically watered down to once-a-day abilities. Seriously this game sucks.
  89. Fuz
    Mar 6, 2014
    Fire the guy who designed the interface. Just. Fire. Him. It's the worst interface I've ever seen. We have a mouse, non a gamepad. Apart from that, is the same game we already knew from Oblivion. Lots of bugs, pleasant graphics (but you can do better IF you don't do a straight from console porting) et cetera. If you liked Oblivion you will like this. If you couldn't stand all the littleFire the guy who designed the interface. Just. Fire. Him. It's the worst interface I've ever seen. We have a mouse, non a gamepad. Apart from that, is the same game we already knew from Oblivion. Lots of bugs, pleasant graphics (but you can do better IF you don't do a straight from console porting) et cetera. If you liked Oblivion you will like this. If you couldn't stand all the little problems and annoyances like the unresponsive combat (no feedback on hits? seriously?) and the TERRIBLE enemies scaling you wouldn't like this game. I'm still waiting for a Daggerfall 2. Or a Daggerfall remake. And by the way: FIRE the guy who designed the interface. Also, the guy who approved it. Expand
  90. Feb 7, 2014
    This game is pure genius. Although not as acclaimed as the Grand Theft Auto series by critics, one can still say that this is a game worthy of playing. The game might be full of bugs, but the attention to detail in the mechanics of the game and the storyline is superb, unmatched by others in its genre. And finally, the visuals of the game are one of the best of its time, making it worthyThis game is pure genius. Although not as acclaimed as the Grand Theft Auto series by critics, one can still say that this is a game worthy of playing. The game might be full of bugs, but the attention to detail in the mechanics of the game and the storyline is superb, unmatched by others in its genre. And finally, the visuals of the game are one of the best of its time, making it worthy of a masterpiece. Expand
  91. Feb 4, 2014
    A fun RPG, but I found it rather overrated. The world is beautiful, but becomes rather repetitive. Exploring began to lack some of the excitement of other RPGs I've played. Combat necessitates a lot of pausing to find the spell or item you need, I felt it could have been streamlined. Generally, it's a decent story, although some of the side quests are more interesting than the main quests.A fun RPG, but I found it rather overrated. The world is beautiful, but becomes rather repetitive. Exploring began to lack some of the excitement of other RPGs I've played. Combat necessitates a lot of pausing to find the spell or item you need, I felt it could have been streamlined. Generally, it's a decent story, although some of the side quests are more interesting than the main quests. Overall, felt a bit like quantity over quality. I put in about 60 hours, finished the two main quest lines and a lot else, and I doubt I'll go back. It started to feel rather repetitive. If you like sword and magic RPGs, it's worth your time, but it may not win over doubters.

Lastly, I never had many problems with bugs other than a freeze once in awhile. Make sure to save often, and have multiple save files, just in case.
  92. Jan 30, 2014
    Skyrim is a fun game it is an RPG but its is like mincraft exept it is real life way better graphics and you could free roam you could get married and a whole lot of things i recommend it for all PS3 players
  93. Jan 24, 2014
    This game hands down is one of my all time favorite games. EVER! It's not a 10, but damn near close. The dungeons are too long, I wish there were more creativity options for characters and armor and weapons should be better at drops but all in all, love the gameplay!!
  94. Jan 20, 2014
    Most overated game ever.

Most overated game ever.

NPCs were dull and wooden, i felt no empathy for any of them. Their dialogue was repetitive and boring.. definitely need to hire more voice actors next time. Their actions were repetitive and unrealistic, my biggest complaint about this game is constantly being brought back to reality by poor AI programming. The beautiful graphics & design ( yes this is an amazing game to look at) that immersed you into this fantasy world were undone by the inane robots that moved and slided about the place like thunderbird puppets.

The storylines were lack lustre.. I just didn't care. Sometimes less is more Bethesda, dont cram so much in and sharpen your core themes. This game had huge potential but was executed averagely.
  95. Jan 12, 2014
    This is probably the best game ever made, certainly the best game available on PS3 for sure.

The game is monstrously huge the world is vaaaast! People think GTA is big, one area in Skyrim is bigger than the entire GTA world. With a game this big the longevity is obvious, you can put in weeks and weeks of hours into the game but new places, new quests, new weapons and new skills just never seem to stop popping up.

I got to a certain part in the game thinking oh no I'm coming to the end of the main story line, turns out i only got about 40% done it just doesn't end (unless your unemployed and play it all day everyday) Skyrim takes you into a fantasy world where you can make your own decisions that can effect a certain outcome to a certain quest. The order in which a player completes quests also effects future quests in a certain way (NOT SPOILING!)

I wont get into the quests and story line as I don't want to spoil it for the few people that haven't played it but the landscape, the backdrop,the entire world is just beautiful. Throw in probably the best soundtracks for a video game ever made and you have an amazing experience from start to finish it just doesn't get boring. The quests are always different.

Leveling up is totally at the players discretion regarding which skills you prefer to use and which type of character you want to be. All races have different strengths and weaknesses. The ability to pick your own race and level him/her up as you wish gives the player total control over his/her character rather than the majority of games just having a bog standard character that you have little or no control over.

I luckily rarely experienced any glitches or bugs people speak about in other reviews. I have put some serious hours into Skyrim and never had any problems with it which is why I am speaking so highly of it. I guess it would be annoying if it kept breaking but I guess I got lucky. I could speak about Skyrim all day but I can't say much more without adding SPOILERS.

Best RPG game ever made hands down, best overall game ever made? Its right up there for me.

Bring on Elder Scrolls 6.

Bravo Bethesda 10/10
  96. Jan 6, 2014
    The universe of the Elder Scrolls series is so deep and colorful and it really makes the game itself deeper. However, I think that the main quest and the guild questlines could be better. They're not really as interesting as the storylines of Oblivion and Morrowind. They're too much like a traditional fantasy story, bland and uninteresting, and I don't like that.

Gameplay wise, it's an

Gameplay wise, it's an amazing game. The rich and detailed world of Skyrim feels almost like a real world. You can interact and be interacted by almost everything in the game. The attention to detail really is so high that I can't even describe it. You have to play it for yourself to understand. The combat isn't perfect but it still is great, and it's definitely better than in Oblivion. The only complaint I have about the gameplay are the quests. Most of the can be described like this: "go to dungeon X, take item Y and bring it to person Z." That's all the variety that you're going to get. Well, most of the time. There are a couple of quests that are unique, but they aren't really that memorable.

Yes, there are some bugs and other issues, but the worst ones have already been fixed. The frame-rate issue still exists but can only take effect if your save file goes excessively large, which can happen if you have all the DLCs and put a lot of hours into it (a lot about 150).

The graphics are a tiny bit outdated but for a 2-year-old game, they're still doing good. There are a few spots that have a scenery that makes your jaw drop. Then there's the music and I do have to say one thing: it's freaking amazing, especially the combat music for some of the boss and dragon fights. Combine an amazing scenery with a perfect song and you've got yourself something to remember for a long time. But the faces and animations of the NPCs could be better...

Overall, it's an amazing game. If you don't have it yet and you're a fan of fantasy RPGs, I strongly recommend that you buy this. Yes, there are some issues but Bethesda has done a good job of patching them up and I don't think you'll encounter anything that would ruin your experience. You won't forget this game once you've played it.
  97. Jan 4, 2014
    still one of my favourite games i've ever played. its given me 200 hours of pure entertainment. don't listen to the bad ratings that's mainly because of the bugs that plagued this game at first but theyve long fixed them. A must buy for any gamer
  98. Jan 3, 2014
    skyrim has a massive world thats a blast to explore. your never more than a few steps away from something to do. the game also has A LOT of dungeons and each one offers a great challenge (especially the boss at the end of each dungeon). one of my favourite things about this game is how you level up specific aspects and abilities of your character instead of just a standard level up system.skyrim has a massive world thats a blast to explore. your never more than a few steps away from something to do. the game also has A LOT of dungeons and each one offers a great challenge (especially the boss at the end of each dungeon). one of my favourite things about this game is how you level up specific aspects and abilities of your character instead of just a standard level up system. the game also has an amazing atmosphere and soundtrack. my only problems with the game are that it has LOTS of pop in, lag and loading screens. Expand
  99. Jan 2, 2014
    great character customization nice loot i love the interactions between races and how it changes depending on your race and the dlcs alone are worth a purchase
  100. Dec 14, 2013
    This is truly the best game i have ever owned. I have over 150hrs of play time, it never ends. Yes the graphics aren't to good on ps3/Xbox 360. But trust me you will not be disappointed.
  101. Dec 4, 2011
    For those of you who are addicted to trophy hunting, the difficulty level of the game doesn't affect the trophies, so you can play it dead easy, and still get all of them. There's a vast world to explore making it rather addictive. Quests / battles very doable, not too hard, not retardedly easy either... However... this game has some serious flaws, which get REALLY ANNOYING after someFor those of you who are addicted to trophy hunting, the difficulty level of the game doesn't affect the trophies, so you can play it dead easy, and still get all of them. There's a vast world to explore making it rather addictive. Quests / battles very doable, not too hard, not retardedly easy either... However... this game has some serious flaws, which get REALLY ANNOYING after some time.... Such as... Main quest is really really short. Sometimes in battles a dragon pops up (if you're lucky your enemies die by the dragon's attack, if unlucky both the dragon and the other enemies aggro on you). If you hit a member of your team during a number of quests (not all), they turn their aggression on you. This is especially retarded for mages since they just run into your attack while casting and turn aggressive. >_< The stamina of your horses run out even faster than your own, which completely ruins the point of riding on a horse. Not faster. If you're in battle and you surrender, your horse / companion will keep on fighting. (just annoying) After about 20 hours of game time the game starts to lag so badly it's damn near impossible to play the game (happens either straight away or after 30 minutes or so), and there's not much you seem to be able to do about it. (this is the main reason I'm grading it low, a game you can't play due to fps lags isn't really a fun one. Next to the lagging, sometimes the game crashes during a loading screen or freezes while you're running around, the fps lag can actually freeze up your entire console. In some cases I can exit the game using my controller, in some cases I can press the on/off button on my console, and in some cases I have to cut the power off of my ps3 and plugging the cord back in. Most annoying thing really. Also, the update for this game supposedly fixing bugs, makes the game act worse rather than better.... Quest bugs leading to it being impossible to finish quests, while you're hoping you have a recent previous save game from before the dungeon (which in most cases you don't). I'm sure I haven't named all minuses yet, but this is about enough really. It's a fun game, a LOT of gameplay, but the bugs and glitches and mistakes, and lags and freezes, and crashes, and everything else really take the edge off. Collapse

1. Official PlayStation Magazine Benelux
    Jan 2, 2012
    This is a game full of emotions for gamers who are willing to embrace it. A beautiful fantasy land that makes loading times a thing of the past and is full of surprises. Not only do you get a lot of variety in the locations, the gameplay offers a lot of different experiences as well. [December 2011, p.66]
  2. Dec 28, 2011
    I enjoyed Skyrim and I look forward to the DLC that we know is inevitably coming. If we looked at this honestly, though, this game probably should have been pushed back a month or so for more polish. It needed it and it still does.
  3. Playstation: The Official Magazine (US)
    Dec 17, 2011
    Skyrim is a gorgeous production that truly does justice to the words "roleplaying game." It doesn't just tell us a story, it gives us the chance to tell a story of our own. At its best, that's what an interactive art form should be all about. [Jan 2011, p.73]