4.1

1. May 31, 2013
    This game looks like its made with the butt, gameplay, movement, graphics, everything.
    I played the trial version with a friend, he got distracted with something a few minutes, he didnt die, looks horrible and sometimes the apc that you have to destroy with a rpg its indestructible.

Its a crapy game
  2. Oct 30, 2012
    What went wrong? A crap game to the roots, had a lot of potential and kept me involved for 4 hours. So it could be worse. (I guess!) When I bought this game I was completely and utterly let down by the awful programming and bugs, saying that the voice acting was decent but virtually everything else was not. Excluding the brilliant camera angle. Don't buy unless a real loner or expendables fan. Same thing! Expand
  3. Oct 15, 2012
    This game is so bad! I can hardly believe it...Ubisoft should be ashamed of publishing this... The gameplay is very, VERY repetitive, the Graphics definitely can't be called current-gen, not even ps2-era graphics, for God's sake! The voice-over stinks of amateurism, but the controls are good. Don't get me started on the bugs and stupid scripts... I've played the PC version as well, and it's the same stupid, repetitive and bland experience... AVOID at all cost! Expand
  4. Oct 9, 2012
    Do not bother with this game. This game has to be the worst game i have ever played . Such a bad shooter. Do not waist your time on this game. booo 0/10
  5. Sep 9, 2012
    Technical slag is evident in this game, won't deny that. There are only a few Games with offline multiplier (1-4). Especially if you have bunch of expendables ready for a gaming weekend. This is a good game not just for what it holds, but for its story line being close to the movie makes it more enjoyable.
  6. Sep 7, 2012
    i bought this game blankly not expecting much. so here goes. sound was fine. voice acting was fine (remembering that most of their movies didn't require much acting). i liked the angles of the camera. it wasnt just birds eye, or first person shooter, nor a 2 and 1/2 d. it shifted into many angles. i found i lost myself frequently dude to very little color variation between me and the backdrop. also i noticed that it seems as though my guys were made for one game and the enemies for another .... don't look for the perfect guy for the perfect level. mediocre game.....NEXT please! Expand
  7. Aug 22, 2012
    From a technical standpoint (graphics, sound, etc) it's a bit mediocre but the game play is just a goofy fun action game. You can play co-op on the same console or over xbox live, which is where you'd get your money's worth if you purchased it. It's not terrible but it's not ZOMG Amazing either.
  8. Aug 7, 2012
    I bought this game on psn because I thought it might be a good time just blowing stuff up and shooting lots of soldiers. You know, a game that you would play to almost 'relax' and take your mind off things and not have to worry about puzzle solving or anything like that. Well, it has lots of stuff blowing up and it does have lots of soldiers to shoot, so why am I scoring it a '1'?

Easy. The graphics are not that bad actually. That's where the score comes in. It's not higher because this is just one component of the game. The sound is just passable. Nothing fancy at all and the voice work is poor. The controls, for what they are, work okay. The big thing is, and this actually destroys the fun factor, is that you never quite know where you are shooting. This is BAD in a shooter. Because of this, you feel disconnected from the action, like you aren't really doing anything. As expected then, this lowers the fun factor in the game to practically zero. There are some 'on rail' sections to break up the on foot action, but it doesn't matter. I'll go and see the movie, and I'm sure I'll enjoy it like I enjoyed the first one. But this game is an adventure I didn't enjoy. This game is Expendable.

1. Another videogame based on a popular motion picture, another bad review score. Even though it has no shortage of bullets, The Expendables 2: The Videogame fails to hit the bulls-eye. This 4 player co-op shooter is no action hero.[October 2012, p.79]
  2. This four-player top-down shooter is a one-note type of game, an ear-shattering drone of gunfire punctuated with occasional soundbites. You're on the ground, shooting guys. Then you're in a chopper, shooting guys. The repetition and lack of character kills any hope the XP system had for making this brown square of a game engaging. Play alone and suffer the AI. Play with mates and... actually, don't. [October 2012, p79]
  3. Sep 17, 2012
    Considering the obvious lack of effort that went into The Expendables 2: Videogame, it seems nothing could have saved this one.