The Fight: Lights Out PlayStation 3

• Publisher: SCEA
  • Release Date: Nov 9, 2010
7.6

1. Nov 19, 2010
    Could have been better. Some eyesore flaws but it still Is a fun game. Be prepared to be fustrated occasionally. Moves horrible line up means this game is still "worth it now"
  2. Jan 7, 2012
    People here must have really low standards, i bought it last week just because people here said it was not as bad as in the reviews, wrong, half of the moves don't respond right even though i calibrate my move wands constantly, one match you are doing fine, but if one wand gets out of sight just once, it will pull the calibration out of balance and your are screwed. Talking about screwing,People here must have really low standards, i bought it last week just because people here said it was not as bad as in the reviews, wrong, half of the moves don't respond right even though i calibrate my move wands constantly, one match you are doing fine, but if one wand gets out of sight just once, it will pull the calibration out of balance and your are screwed. Talking about screwing, they screw you big time with the cheats, you buy like one for 99 cent, but you can only use it 10 times or you have to buy it again! And for like stamina it barely works! I also bought the gimme all kind of dlc, so i could max my character, but it didn't help at all. One match you knock one out easy, the next one you get owned again by A.I that has a harder head than a steel beam even though you max out to the top.

The camera positions are awful, you can choose different angles, but not one can give you correct info on where you should hit your opponent, with the standard camera angle you can't even see what your opponent is doing below the waist. Doing dirty moves is also messed up for most of them, I'm performing them perfectly and sometimes the system still does not performs them correctly, i also tried to do them in different speeds. Thank god i bought this game out of the bargain bin and not spend 60 euro's when it was released.

I like how you really have to work for it, but you have to work for it too much. A little less would have been nicer. Let's hope IF we get a The Fight 2, they will learn from their mistakes.
  3. Dec 8, 2010
    This game can get frustrating if you don't spend a little time setting up your room with the correct lighting and camera angle. First, put your camera at eye-level. Any lower and your punches will be gauged too high and you'll end up punching over the heads of your opponents. Second, don't even bother with head tracking. As of the date of this review, it's completely broken.
    Third, and
    Third, and most important: Stop being a little sissy critic and review the game on it's merits and not on your own personal failure at being a human being. You need to PUNCH in this game to make it. You will SWEAT if you're doing it right! Unless you're just a human dynamo and have no problem running a marathon, you will get a work out playing this game. I've never sweated while playing a game before The Fight! I use it as a warm up before I run.
    Here's a few pointers for the training mini-games: The multi-opponent is the easiest, quickest way to rack up experience points to increase your stats. The second best is the speed bag. If you do the speed bag right with your arms up and quickly rotating punches and keep it up for at least 5 minutes, your shoulders will burn and you will be sore the next day! The other games are pretty lame though. Focus mitt training is fairly inaccurate. Knowing where your uppercuts will land in the game based on your punches IRL is a real pain. And heavy bag training just doesn't give you the return of points for your effort to make it worthwhile.
    The 1-1 movement capture is amazing and you really need to increase your stats in order for the fights to go your way more. With low stats, your punches will connect less and your hits will cause less damage. You will also be the glass-jawed pansy that will get knocked out from a sneeze.
    Some pointers for how to physically prepare for the game: Watch some boxing training videos! Learn how to properly throw a punch with speed and power generated by the hips from your legs up! Breath! Exhale with every punch! Don't hold your breath. It's easy to do in the heat of the fight but you will suffer from it. It will take some concentration to do at first but will eventually become second nature. Don't hyperextend your elbow! Keep a slight bend in your arms to prevent joint damage. Uppercuts should start low with a slight crouch and push up through until you connect. Make sure the opponent is close before you throw an upper cut or hook. Otherwise, you'll be too far away. Walk toward your opponent and lead with a jab before you work in a combo. If you don't connect with the jab, you probably won't land any shot after it.
    If you can't "nail" a fight, train, add to your stats and then come back.
  4. Mar 3, 2013
    It may be a 6 but it's a good kind of 6, I'm having a blast with this game. If you buy it, think of it as a fitness program, not so much of a game. As an interactive excercise it hits all the right spots: you sweat, you burn calories, the game encourages you to push forward, it gives you mild entertainment with the character customization/level progression/RPG elements, and after endingIt may be a 6 but it's a good kind of 6, I'm having a blast with this game. If you buy it, think of it as a fitness program, not so much of a game. As an interactive excercise it hits all the right spots: you sweat, you burn calories, the game encourages you to push forward, it gives you mild entertainment with the character customization/level progression/RPG elements, and after ending your session you feel good about yourself. Viewed purely as a game, it has a lot of faults: glitchy, calibration is a continous anoyance, half the moves they teach you don't work properly, head tracking (a huuuuuge factor in a boxing simulator) is horrible, enemy design is banal and uber generic (just like real life punks I guess), and the enviroment conditions for it to work properly are too quirky........ let's just say, I can only play it at night since the game keeps telling me it's too bright during day, no matter how many windows I shut. In the end I can only say it's the best fighting simulator I've ever seen, in both console or arcade, it really requires you to put an effort, keep your guard up and actually launch proper punches..... If you have a Move system, give it a try at least. Expand

1. Playstation Official Magazine Australia
    Jan 25, 2011
    Unfortunately we just found the system makes the fighting itself feel quite alien and unsettling. It's that feeling of only partial control you get when you're reaching in from behind someone and using their own arms to teach them perform a task, combined with those dreams you occasionally have where your punches are all weak and flaccid despite the fact you feel like you're putting enough energy behind them to punch the rings off Saturn. [December 2010 p79]
  2. LEVEL (Czech Republic)
    Jan 15, 2011
    Danny Trejo cannot save the whole show. This "Move-controlled" fighting game is good only if you plan to work out your arms. Otherwise, you'll get bored in twenty minutes. [Issue#199]
  3. Jan 13, 2011
    This game has a lot of good features like its great Move support, big scaled action and different combat styles. Strange evading and moving just don't seem to fit in.