8.5

1. Jan 5, 2012
    I'm bored of the games they publish nowadays. Skyrim, Batman, Gears, even Dark Souls slightly, have all been more or less disappointments for me. Year after year these so called AAA+ games repeat the same game mechanics and contain only minimalistic improvements with a bit more details than the last incarnation. We get the same games with a slightly more polished production value. So you can guess how eager I was to try out the re-released ICO & Shadow of the Colossus bundle. Not only because the great reviews they received back in the days, but the reviews combined with the promisingly different gaming experience. So, now I'm thinking it was either the hype that got to me or people are overly nostalgic. Because, boy was I disappointed (again) when I put the disc in... If I had to describe these two games with one word, it would be "boring". Another would be "artistic". I felt no suspense, excitement, challenge or plain old fun when playing either of these. Just... bored. SOTC seemed vastly hollow content-wise and ICO too easy and straight-forward. However, I think I understand why these games are held in so high esteem. They do have an enigmatic story going on, a distinct goal, and take place in a simplistic yet unique world. Now, if you're one of those persons who can forget the lack of degree in the gameplay and just let yourself immerse into the game world, this game's for you. Didn't work for me though, I put the box back into the shelf after playing for only two hours, and this kind of rejection hasn't happened to me for a very long time! Some might think that I've just lost my interest in games, but I'd have to disagree, even thought my taste has grown much more select. I highly suggest you try this out somewhere before buying it. Expand
  2. Oct 3, 2011
    Two old games with controls that have NOT converted well to the PS3 , I don't see why they could of cost around £5 each on PSN instead of the £25 plus they are charging,. not good value at all.....................
  3. Nov 12, 2012
    Maan...dont waste your money! The controls are a disaster, which ruins everything about these two games. I played the original ico and shadow of the colossus on the Ps2 and the controls were much tighter than this disaster.
  4. Apr 10, 2013
    Wow. This game is bad. I have no idea what all the fuss was about. I tried to play it twice once on the PS2 and once again on the PS3 when the collection came out. There is nothing interesting going on here you ride a horse and climb on top of a couple of big monsters. I think i would have more fun watching someone play a bass masters fishing simulator.

I never played ICO because of how
    bad shadow of the colossus is. I was so disappointed after all the buildup and hype. I have never been as disappointed in a video game as this one. Expand
  5. Jan 3, 2014
    Ico was boring so I turned it off after about an hour. I got towards the end of Shadow of the Collosus. Shadow is such a great concept...too bad it's executed poorly. The controls are immeasurable to wear it's hard to look around and the horse is just a mess to deal with. The camera freaks out nonstop so that I can't see anything. If you get knocked down in the game by an enemy then you cannot ever get back up before he hits you again. The nicest thing I can say about this gay is that it sucks. I will never play a Team ICO game again. Expand
  6. May 17, 2014
    This game is a big piece of crap. This game is a big piece of crap. This game is a big piece of crap. This game is a big piece of crap. This game is a big piece of crap.

1. Feb 2, 2012
    If video games aren't art, then ICO & Shadow of the Colossus Collection is not a video game. It's a staggering compilation of two of the most creative, intimate and emotional pieces of interactive entertainment ever conceived.
  2. Nov 27, 2011
    They're absolutely, without a doubt, worth buying. [Issue#210, p.78]
    High Def remake is one of the shiniest gaming jewels – this conversion is an extraordinary and unique game that is a must have for any PlayStation 3 owner. [Nov 2011]