8.4

1. Sep 29, 2011
    Let me start by stating the facts: not everyone will understand these games, not everyone will enjoy them, and there's nothing wrong with that. Certain people can't watch a movie unless it has explosions, certain people can't watch Public Television because it educates rather than entertains, and certain people will pick this up on the recommendation of another and feel 100% cheatedLet me start by stating the facts: not everyone will understand these games, not everyone will enjoy them, and there's nothing wrong with that. Certain people can't watch a movie unless it has explosions, certain people can't watch Public Television because it educates rather than entertains, and certain people will pick this up on the recommendation of another and feel 100% cheated because it doesn't involve wanton killing, busty women, rampant foul language and guns.

If you are one of these types of people, it's okay. I'm not going to judge you or your tastes. I'll just let you know that i feel sorry for you, because whatever "eye of the beholder" thing it takes to truly enjoy these games, you don't have it, and believe me, your life is worse because of that. You don't know what you've missed.

Ico is definitely the harder game to get into, out of the two games in the collection. It will involve you solving puzzles and leading a girl to safety by escaping the castle where the both of you are imprisoned. It will involve her speaking in a language you don't understand, and it will tax the part of the brain that won't help you fire a gun. For those patient enough to brave the journey, you may find yourself with an incredibly emotional experience at the end of the road, and you'll be amazed a video game could make you feel that way. I'm trying to spoil as little as I can for you, and I'm sorry if this sounds a bit paltry, but this is the gist of the experience.

On the other hand, Shadow Of The Colossus is the most beautifully haunting game I've ever played. It too is about solving puzzles, but the goal in this game is not to figure out how you'll escape a castle, it's how to kill sixteen giant beasts that dwarf you in scale. No other game has made me feel so overwhelmingly powerful by making me feel so insignificant throughout the entire process - the expansive overworld with no enemies or even epic travel music, the loneliness between your character and the horse he rides, it all seems so pointless until you find your next enemy. The silence is the calm before the storm, and that storm is the next giant beast you will have to locate, climb and somehow kill. It will give you a sense of wonder, dread and most of all, it will prove beyond the shadow of a doubt that video games deserve to be called an artistic medium. As I said, it won't be for everyone. But if you find yourself looking for something that could make you proud to own your PlayStation, and you don't mind not shooting a gun or scoring a goal, then you may find yourself in for the best games that the previous generation had to offer. There's a very good reason why the PlayStation 2 was the home of the best franchise titles of the last hardware generation, and that didn't have as much to to with Grand Theft Auto, Resident Evil, Madden, Final Fantasy or God Of War as it did games like Ico and Shadow Of The Colossus. Now, these games have been given a 1080p HD facelift, and given trophies for the player to earn as well. Any individual who considers themselves a gamer, in any sense of the term whether broad or niche, needs to try these two games. You may find that you don't like them, and like I said earlier, that's okay. Caviar isn't for everyone, and one man's delicacy can be another's poison. If you're in the mood for something besides controller McDonalds, though, this is your wake-up call.

For those who do pick it up and find themselves lost in the most incredible worlds, your curiosity will be rewarded hundredfold. Then, you'll understand why people like myself are so excited for The Last Guardian...and chances are, you will be too after playing through these two games (and especially SotC). Don't pass this up, whatever you do.
  2. Sep 27, 2011
    What is needed to be said? This collection contains two artistic masterpieces that capture the imagination. Ico provides wonderful puzzles with a companion tagging along while SotC has some of the most epic and dynamic gameplay around. Ignore the trolls who try to mark this down, the collection is well worth the money!
  3. Sep 27, 2011
    For those who missed out on these two amazing PS2 titles, now is the time to go and rectify that. This HD collection brings together Team Ico's flagship title 'Ico' along with it's cult hit 'Shadow of the Colossus' is a subtle yet expansive way.

The HD reworking of 'Ico' delivers to the United States features that were only included in the Europe and Japanese versions of the title, including a secret ending, 2-player mode, and several Easter Eggs. The game has been cleaned up and the frame-rate is solid.

'Shadow of the Colossus' might be the best reason to pick up this HD collection. The best inclusion is the locked 30 frames per second. In the original PS2 version of the game, the frame-rate dropping was the biggest issues during the massive Colossi encounters. Now that it has been fixed, the game looks amazing during the games action scenes, and handles amazing.

As the game is 3D enabled, I had a chance to play an hour or so of each game with 3D on. While Ico doesn't feel much different with 3D on, Shadow of the Colossus increases the scope and size of the game world more than I though possible, especially while atop a giant boss with the threat of being thrown hundreds of feet to the ground.

Priced at $39.99, this collection should have a proud spot in any gamers PS3 collection. The HD doesn't make these games look brand new, but these timeless classics are aesthetically pleasing no matter what year it is.
  4. Oct 3, 2011
    This is a definite game for anyone who loves puzzlers and a very in depth story without much being said but with a great deal of emotion. These games are phenomenal, unique, and will be cherished by many for a long, long time. This time around both Ico and Shadow of the Colossus have had a wonderful HD make over. A lot of gaming sites/magazines rant and rave about SotC and how it looksThis is a definite game for anyone who loves puzzlers and a very in depth story without much being said but with a great deal of emotion. These games are phenomenal, unique, and will be cherished by many for a long, long time. This time around both Ico and Shadow of the Colossus have had a wonderful HD make over. A lot of gaming sites/magazines rant and rave about SotC and how it looks so much better and made the transition to HD very well, but Ico still has some problems. Well I totally disagree. Both games look amazing for being games built on older technology. If you didn't know this, Ico was originally designed for the first Playstation and before it was completed it moved platforms to the PS2. With the depth of gameplay in Ico and SotC, it's very surprising that the earlier platforms would have and did work. There's just so much beauty in these games, from the artwork to the emotion and all that went into delivering such deep stories. If you enjoy games like Tomb Raider or Soul Reaver, you'll love these games as they have very similar styles, but of course a totally different story that's easily enjoyable. I'm glad to add these classics to my collection, even though I still have them for the PS2 I totally love playing them in HD. It's too bad I don't have a 3D TV; I'd love to try that out with SotC, but alas, I don't. Get this as soon as possible if you cherished them the first time. Expand
  5. Oct 8, 2011
    What can you say about Ico and Shadow of the Colossus? How one can describe these magnificent piece of art? You cant really, you need to experience these games yourself. Both Ico and Shadow of the Colossus proves that games can be more then just simple action games with pretty graphics or anime spirited goofy roleplaying games. Games can be deep, emotional and something that stays with youWhat can you say about Ico and Shadow of the Colossus? How one can describe these magnificent piece of art? You cant really, you need to experience these games yourself. Both Ico and Shadow of the Colossus proves that games can be more then just simple action games with pretty graphics or anime spirited goofy roleplaying games. Games can be deep, emotional and something that stays with you for rest of your life. Expand
  6. Sep 29, 2011
    This is a great chance for the new generation to experience two games that are timeless artistic masterpieces. Prepare to be amazed, you just don't come across games of this quality nowadays.
  7. Oct 8, 2011
    A masterpiece! Two of the most before their time games repackaged with crisp visuals. Although there is room for improvement, there is something satisfying about knowing they stayed true to their original game - flaws and all. Brilliant.
  8. Sep 28, 2011
    By the way I haven't even bothered to play ICO yet. So my score is based on Shadows OT Colossus. I'm not trying to trump ip the score scoring twice.
  9. Oct 7, 2011
    I've played these gems back in their times and I honestly thought my mind was not going to be blown again by these remakes. I was completely wrong. I cried the same tears of before during a very specific scene in Shadow of the Colossus (I'm sure you all know what I'm talking about). These games don't deserve our mundane shelves. They should be in museums.
  10. Oct 2, 2011
    When the game Shadow of the Colossus came out I never bought the game, but I played the demo. By just playing the demo I was blown away by how amazing it was. I never bought the game though (I do not even know why myself). Right after shadow of the Colossus came out people were mentioning about the game ICO that was from the same developers of SotC. I never got around to playing the gameWhen the game Shadow of the Colossus came out I never bought the game, but I played the demo. By just playing the demo I was blown away by how amazing it was. I never bought the game though (I do not even know why myself). Right after shadow of the Colossus came out people were mentioning about the game ICO that was from the same developers of SotC. I never got around to playing the game ICO. Finally after 6 to 10 years both games have been released on the PS3 as a collection. So I made sure I went out and bought the games and I am not disappointed.
    ICO is a game about a boy with horn born in some village and appearently the village uses kids who are born with horn as sacrifices to keep the village safe. The boy is taken to a temple and put in a stone tomb. When the boy is trying to get out there is a little bit of shaking and the tomb comes loose releasing the boy. Soon after the boy finds a girl and tries to escape the temple with the girl. Playing ICO feels different than most games. The flow of the game is very slow and quite, which might turn of players that get bored easily. The relationship between the boy and girl is very heart warming and helps make the game engrossing. The soundtrack to the game is also a very strong point of the game intense at times and calm in others and also creepy when it needs to be. Shadow of the Colossus is the other game in the collection. The story to SotC is a young man's girlfriend is dead so he takes her into the forbidden land, which legend has it can bring people back to life. When the man gets to a temple and lays the body on the alter a spirit tells the man that he must kill 16 Colossi that roam the land in order to bring the woman back to life. The battles in SotC are intense, but also very fun. Using your sword on the game you will climb the colossi and find their weak spots. The colossi are huge some are almost the size of skyscrapers. When you enter a battle the music becomes intense. I love the music on this game, it has a feel to it that is rare in most soundtracks. When the player defeats a colossus, you actually start to feel sorry for the colossi. You do not know if the colossi are good or bad. Most do not even attack you on site. So you actually start to question the acts you are commiting. The colossi are the only creature on the game that you fight. So much of the time you are traveling to the next colossus. It takes a while and it is very quite, but the land is amazing to look at. It is truly art. I am a believer that video games can be art. If you thought about playing these game, but never bought them on their release now is the time to play them.
  11. Oct 7, 2011
    ICO and Shadow of the Colossus are two games unlike any other. They require you to think, feel and are not afraid to test you both physically and emotionally. In ICO, you control an imprisoned young boy (that's Ico) who finds a mysterious girl who speaks an strange language (thus, it's not translated for the player), Yorda, and decides to escape the shadowy castle that confines them. Yes,ICO and Shadow of the Colossus are two games unlike any other. They require you to think, feel and are not afraid to test you both physically and emotionally. In ICO, you control an imprisoned young boy (that's Ico) who finds a mysterious girl who speaks an strange language (thus, it's not translated for the player), Yorda, and decides to escape the shadowy castle that confines them. Yes, for most of the game, you'll have to escort a completely helpless companion but the game does a wonderful job of making you feel connected to Yorda... the way you hold her hand to guide her, the way Ico helps her up from a high cliff, her body language to signify hesitation or pain, the way she gasps when Ico falls & hurts himself are just some examples of how emotional attachment is created between you (as Ico) and Yorda. You're basically thrown into the game and are given no tips or advice, only subtle clues on how to complete the masterfully designed puzzles. In Shadow of the Colossus, you'll have to fight 16 colossi in order to revive your lost love. You have to travel a vast land on your horse, find each colossi and kill it. Of course, killing a colossi isn't simple and each one is a puzzle in and of itself. Both games look fantastic in HD (though Shadow does suffer from some texture pop-in) and have amazing soundtracks. The controls are a bit rough and the character animation/movement might feel outdated but consider that they were made to move as realistically as possible using the PS2 hardware. Overall, you're getting two magnificent games for $40 and the additional game content for ICO (minor changes to puzzles, secret ending from PAL version, New Game+ co-op play and translation for Yorda's dialogue), 2 dynamic themes and bonus videos all make it a fantastic value. If you have some patience and can open up your mind, these two games will forever change your perception on video games. Expand
  12. Sep 27, 2011
    2 of the most underated and best games ever made for price of 1, if your a long time fan of team ico's work or even if you missed out on these hidden gems id highly recommend you pick this collectoion edition up.

The games are more of an experiance than a game, the animation, lighting, gameplay, charectors and asthetic design all culminate to create an atmospheric and beutiful adventure.

ICO is about a young boy who must escape a strange land with a mysterious girl who is held captive by strange shodowy creatures, you must work together to solve puzzles, escape enemies and traps, defeat monsters and ultimately win your freedom, truely one of the most beutiful and atmospheric games out there on any generation of console, this game deserves to sit proudly amongst your collection.

Shadow of the Collosus is the sequal to ICO, your charector has grown into a young man and travels to a forbiden land to seek the aid of a demon to save the life of your mysterious companion from the previous adventure. Whilst the game keeps the sthetic qualitys of the origional it has vastly differant gameplay, for a start it is an open world sandbox adventure, your main task is to destroy huge giants, there are no minions to fight, only the hugely intimidating creatures which the game has you clambering up like some sort of animated structure, theryre made of part stone part flesh and each colossus has its own individual way of defeating it whether it be climbing up it back hair and gripping to it back for dear life plunging a sword into its weak spot, leaping fromyour stampeding stalion onto a giants wing and slowly working your way along its snake like body and 100 mph 10,000 ft in the air or even being tossed around on a giants beard as you desperately slash at its face with your sword, truely epic in every sense of the word, if you regard yourself as a serious gamer you owe it to yourself to experiance the adventures of a young boy named ico.
  13. Sep 27, 2011
    I had previously played Ico, but never picked up shadow of the colossus. I had a lot of people tell me shadow of the colossus was a must play so I picked it up. Both of these games are excellent and well worth 20 dollars a piece(since it is 2 games in the bundle.) The graphics on Ico are quite a bit better than before and shadow of the colossus is a beautiful game as well. I can stop playing it
  14. Sep 27, 2011
    Shadow of the Colossus was one of my all-time favorite games and nothing has changed. There's not much else that's needed to be said, the games are beautiful, fun and full of life. This collection is well worth the money spent.
  15. Sep 29, 2011
    When they were originally released, each of these games made a strong argument for the games-are-art crowd. They are both patient and beautiful games, with much of their sophistication shown even between the battles. Neither try to be all action, they are all immersion. Yes, the controls are dated, and yes, the poly count is low. But these two games set the standard for emotional,When they were originally released, each of these games made a strong argument for the games-are-art crowd. They are both patient and beautiful games, with much of their sophistication shown even between the battles. Neither try to be all action, they are all immersion. Yes, the controls are dated, and yes, the poly count is low. But these two games set the standard for emotional, engrossing environments that games today still have trouble touching. If you've never played either and want to know what inspires amazing games today, got get it. And if you played either on the PS2, and wonder how they look and play on modern technology, the answer is: timeless. Expand
  16. Oct 2, 2011
    It doesn't matter if you have or haven't played the PS2 versions of both games, seeing them back in HD after more than 5 years it worth your time and money. Games with an originality and gameplay like these are rarely made. You won't be disappointed.
  17. Feb 13, 2013
    Two masterpieces on one disk in HD it's just amazing! If you do not play on PS2 can not skip, and if the game is able to do it on the big screen with the best texture a great reason to buy.
  18. Feb 24, 2013
    So I never played the PS2 version, and I didn't hear about it until shortly before I played it, it was probably mainly reading the reviews, and hearing some of the praise it got, I must admit it really deserves it, the game feels epic, the music is awesome, and feels like a part of the whole experience. Although I have to admit I was a little disappointed in the PS3 HD release, as it stillSo I never played the PS2 version, and I didn't hear about it until shortly before I played it, it was probably mainly reading the reviews, and hearing some of the praise it got, I must admit it really deserves it, the game feels epic, the music is awesome, and feels like a part of the whole experience. Although I have to admit I was a little disappointed in the PS3 HD release, as it still looks like a PS2 game, this doesn't ruin the game, but you'd think they could update some of models, like I did see screenshots of someone emulating the old PS2 edition 1080p and I couldn't really tell the difference.

I'm not some huge fan of Japanese games, I enjoy games from everywhere, so I'm not a apologist, I find Final Fantasy (10 billion) As engaging as watching the weather forecast in the middle of winter, but this game is awesome, and if you want a unique gaming experience that's challenging and visually impressive, then I'd encourage you to get this game. It's also one of the few games that can get my heart pumping, I think that's a mixture of the music and the intensity of the Colossus battles.

No game is perfect though, there was the lack of enthusiasm put in the HD release, and some of the Colossi are so un-intuitive to figure out how to fight, you just have to praise the fact we have the internet(The worst imho was the Gecko-like one).
  19. Mar 2, 2013
    There can be no argument that these games are something of an acquired taste I would never universally recommend them. There is a quiet, elegant feel to them both that could be lost on some gamers, but ultimately for me they are probably the best games out of Japan for the last ten years, and are certainly in my Top 10 of all time. SotC is probably the better of the two with the aweThere can be no argument that these games are something of an acquired taste I would never universally recommend them. There is a quiet, elegant feel to them both that could be lost on some gamers, but ultimately for me they are probably the best games out of Japan for the last ten years, and are certainly in my Top 10 of all time. SotC is probably the better of the two with the awe inspiring colossi giving the game the edge over the more intimate castle environment of Ico. That said, the relationship between Ico and Yorda is one of the sweetest captured in games. I long for more games like this and can't wait for The Last Guardian (if it ever comes out!). Highly recommended to anyone who likes to play games that feel a little different (If you liked Journey, Braid, Year Walk etc you won't go too far wrong). Just a small warning the ending of SotC can leave you feeling a little conflicted! Expand
  20. Sep 9, 2013
    Excelente jogo na era Ps2 e agora remasterizado pra Ps3 Uma ótima jogabilidade e a movimentação a trilha sonora também recomendo. nada melhor de enfrentar gigantes
  21. Nov 2, 2013
    Amazing Game The Story Never Gets In The Way And Has A Big Impact At The End Its A Tale Of A Wander Who Will Risk Everything For His Beloved But Seems Like So Much More When U Finally Learn The Truth There's 16 Colossi To Defeat All Offer A Unique Challenge That Requires You To Use Your Surroundings The Music Masterfully Done There's haunting tunes, there's peaceful tunes, and heroic tunesAmazing Game The Story Never Gets In The Way And Has A Big Impact At The End Its A Tale Of A Wander Who Will Risk Everything For His Beloved But Seems Like So Much More When U Finally Learn The Truth There's 16 Colossi To Defeat All Offer A Unique Challenge That Requires You To Use Your Surroundings The Music Masterfully Done There's haunting tunes, there's peaceful tunes, and heroic tunes that make you feel unstoppable the bosses even look like real life creatures in a way like horses, bears, lizard etc. Otherwise This Game Does Everything It Set out To Do Its Unique, shows how boss fights should be done, and shows games can also be a piece of Art I Only Give It A 9 because other then Time Attack and Hard Mode There's No Much Else Do I Would Like To Perhaps Have More Animals To Inhabit The Lands Just So It Doesn't Feel Has Empty But I Understand its a design choice and its does it well with the feeling your in a land long forgotten by man bottom-line if you haven't played you owe it to yourself to play it at least once but its not for everyone now to play Ico Expand
  22. Oct 14, 2011
    Even though these two games are the only games Team Ico has made for the last ten years, I consider Team Ico one of Sony's most dangerous assets in video gaming. These two games alone are one of my greatest gaming experiences and I am grateful that they are re-imagined in HD. ICO, while now I did find it a bit slow and the controls really awkward and took time getting used to, the build upEven though these two games are the only games Team Ico has made for the last ten years, I consider Team Ico one of Sony's most dangerous assets in video gaming. These two games alone are one of my greatest gaming experiences and I am grateful that they are re-imagined in HD. ICO, while now I did find it a bit slow and the controls really awkward and took time getting used to, the build up and emotional depth of the story is just as fantastic as it was ten years ago and Shadow of the Colossus' minimal concept of just fighting giant colossus is still breathtakingly awesome. If you have missed out on these PS2 classics, I suggest getting this on the PS3 while you still have the chance and hope that Team Ico's next release, The Last Guardian, will be released as soon as you wished. Expand
  23. Aug 26, 2013
    Casual gamer, but ICO was beautiful to say the least. Very innovative for the time and the scenery was just epic. Japan, I bow to your creative brilliance. Next, on to Colossus.
  24. Oct 11, 2011
    Great collection of games! I will keep it short. This franchise of games reminds me of Zelda. To me this is this generations Zelda (I know Zelda is still currently in production). You get a great value for you money with two top rated games. Explore this wonderful world and enjoy a rebirth of 2 PS2 games on the PS3. Scores: Game play 5/5, sound 5/5, graphics 5/5, fun factor 4/5, replay value 4/5.
  25. Sep 26, 2014
    2nd pass. ICO: 9/10. SotC: 7/10. Of the two, I enjoyed ICO a lot more. Puzzles were lucid, gameplay was enjoyable, next to no troublesome mechanics or anything to annoy the player, near-perfect. Though I prefer the aesthetic of SotC, I found it repetitive and frustrating, mostly due to the horrendous camera and the troublesome controls, which a lot of the time were greater foes than the2nd pass. ICO: 9/10. SotC: 7/10. Of the two, I enjoyed ICO a lot more. Puzzles were lucid, gameplay was enjoyable, next to no troublesome mechanics or anything to annoy the player, near-perfect. Though I prefer the aesthetic of SotC, I found it repetitive and frustrating, mostly due to the horrendous camera and the troublesome controls, which a lot of the time were greater foes than the colossi themselves. Poetic and artful, beautiful, even, but not a great game. Expand
  26. Nov 6, 2011
    What is better than a masterpiece? That's right TWO. Although I prefer Shadow of the Colossus more then Ico this collection is one of the best I've seen in years.
  27. Oct 21, 2011
    Amazing. Pure art. Beautiful. Masterpiece.
    There's nothing else to be said about this game.
    BUY IT NOW!
    ICO is so fantastic that almost made me cry. It's so beatiful!
  28. Oct 25, 2011
    Shadow of the Colossus and Ico are both great games, both have a unique gameplay and storyline, if you want a great game experience and a beatiful storyline, this is for you.
  29. Dec 7, 2011
    The complete Package. When i first played these games back in 07 they were considered to be at or near the top of the gaming world. Ico was considered to be one of the best, and most innovative puzzle games ever made, and Shadow of the Colossus, was the best action packed, heart racing game to ever grace the ps2. Now steeping ahead more than 5 years it's interesting to see how these gamesThe complete Package. When i first played these games back in 07 they were considered to be at or near the top of the gaming world. Ico was considered to be one of the best, and most innovative puzzle games ever made, and Shadow of the Colossus, was the best action packed, heart racing game to ever grace the ps2. Now steeping ahead more than 5 years it's interesting to see how these games stack up to modern games. I'm glad to say that this time around neither of these game's left me feeling disappointed, In fact together they manage to make this collection masterful. The first thing i would like to note is that these game's got the much needed face lift they deserve. Not only that, but there was a lot of work that went into making these games look the best they will ever look. Before and after i got done playing shadow of the colossus/ico i pop'ed in the original ps2 disk's just to check out the difference between them. And on a 46" flat screen, the difference was outstanding. The ps2 version's looked more like a high-mid end psp games, you can barley make out any of the textures or even some of the objects in the game, not to mention that Shadow of the colossus didn't even play at 30 fps. The remakes however look like they could be early, flat ps3 games. Not to say that the games look bad in any way, both of these games were made with the developers understanding the hardwhere they were working on, so both of them are more focused on aesthetic value rather than textures or high end models or environments. Even without the use of high end textures, effects, and animation these game look exactly like they were supposed to, and both have their own very unique look . At no point in Shadow of the Colossus, or Ico did i louse the sense of immersion, because of how the game's looked. The only gripes that i had with these game's is that the controls are not perfect. Now as i mentioned before i have played both of these game's before so when i got around to playing the collection i already knew exactly how to work each game. So the controls were only off putting for one of two brief moment's of either game, but i can defiantly see new players having issues with the camera, horse and climbing controls of these games. However even the greatest issues never ruined either game for very long, and don't diminish the over all experience of the games at all. The thing that makes these games shine however isn't the game play, or the graphics, these games gave birth to an entirely new way that game's could be looked at.One where the player experienced the story through the game play. When Fumito Ueda was creating Ico he didn't even think of it as a game, it was to be a new experience. It didn't have life bars, stamina, engaging combat none of the elements found in traditional games.It doesn't even have a many elements of conventional story telling, the game doesn't use dialogue,character expression, or music most of the time. Nothing in the game tells you how you should feel about the relation of the two main characters except for how they interact with each other. The game proves that, it doesn't need anything, but game play to tell a complex story. Ico was the fist game to ever do such a thing, it literally turned game play into an art from. Shadow of the colossus also did the same to a certain extent. Even though wanderer almost never speaks, and doesn't display much emotion, at the end of the game i felt a great deal of empathy, and sadness for him, and the colossus he slew because of how the game played out. These game's are not conventional, and should not be judged by most conventional game standers. In fact the games would ultimately be ruined by adding modern innovation, especially Ico. You play as a kid that's twelve or so years old, who has to defend himself with a stick, modernizing the combat to make it even a little more like god of war, or devil may cry would kill the experience. The experiences that these games offer is complete, out side of some control issues nothing about them need's to be changed. If your just looking for a new game to play or want to experience some of the finest work in video game history this collection should not be over looked. Expand
  30. Dec 16, 2011
    These games ARE NOT art. They're just damn good games. Just because the art design of the game world, charcters, colossi are sublime; and the musical scores are perfect, and the stories are so well crafted into the actual gameplay does not mean we need to parade these games around like they are something other. I do consider Fumito to be an artist however. These are two innovative assThese games ARE NOT art. They're just damn good games. Just because the art design of the game world, charcters, colossi are sublime; and the musical scores are perfect, and the stories are so well crafted into the actual gameplay does not mean we need to parade these games around like they are something other. I do consider Fumito to be an artist however. These are two innovative ass games point blank period. Collapse

1. Feb 2, 2012
    If video games aren't art, then ICO & Shadow of the Colossus Collection is not a video game. It's a staggering compilation of two of the most creative, intimate and emotional pieces of interactive entertainment ever conceived.
  2. Nov 27, 2011
    They're absolutely, without a doubt, worth buying. [Issue#210, p.78]
    High Def remake is one of the shiniest gaming jewels – this conversion is an extraordinary and unique game that is a must have for any PlayStation 3 owner. [Nov 2011]