• Publisher: SCEA
  • Release Date: Jun 14, 2013
9.1

1. Jul 4, 2013
    It's a very good game. Good narrative, strong plot and spectacular game of actors. Also, gameplay good, too. One thing bad AI of Ellie. Better to delete this character from gameplay, than play so.
  2. Aug 8, 2013
    The gameplay is pretty entertaining, has different foes require different strategies. One must create a strategy for infected and another for bandits ("hunters" in the game). Playing at some higher difficulties will force the player to evade some of the infected, due to lack of weapons or aid kits. It's a extremely intelligent design.
    The game's visuals are striking, every bush, every
    The game's visuals are striking, every bush, every tree, every building, enemy and character is astonishing and it's pretty fun watching the world being slowly claimed by Nature.
    But the best thing about this game is the story. In no other game have I ever seen such a enticing story. The relationship that slowly grows from Joel and Ellie is the jewel of this game. Both the characters are amazing and the player gets really worried about them surviving in such a cruel world.
    This is undoubtedly one of the best games ever. An experience the player will never forget.
  3. Jul 28, 2013
    Just wow. A true mater piece. I like to compare it to the likes of The Shadow of the Colossus, as in it's the perfect swansong for the PS3, as Shadow was to the PS2. Naughty Dog really hit the nail on the head with this one!
  4. Jun 28, 2013
    Zombie apocalypse games are a very common theme as of late, and The Last of Us is no exception. It twisted and turned the expected game-play for a zombie game into its own unique play-styles, and it is hard not to admit that the graphics are purely beautiful and atmospheric, and combined with the excellent voice acting it is easy to become immersed into the game.
    However, there are few
    However, there are few games that come without flaws: the AI of the game could have received some more work, making the combat quite easy and far from challenging resulting in no feeling of achievement or tension. Also, the only other issue I will personally put forth is a slight overuse of cliché with exception to the ending which made some aspects of the story predictable and thus losing its emotional connection to the player.

But to conclude, The Last of Us, holds strong in a genre that is becoming common, and adds more spice to a meal that is starting to be eaten.
  5. Sep 5, 2013
    This game is a truly phenomenal game,I literally cannot find an issue with it. It will draw you into the characters and make you genuinely care for them, the voice acting is flawless, and overall the game is fantastic from start to finish, and oh god that finish.
  6. Oct 4, 2013
    Simply amazing. This game delivers an experience like no other, with great script and story, compelling characters and a perfect soundtrack. It really compares to a great movie, and at times, it made me remember Children of Men. I love the way the story unfolds, specially on the killing and supply mechanism, totally make sense to kill almost everyone that crosses your path, and the supplySimply amazing. This game delivers an experience like no other, with great script and story, compelling characters and a perfect soundtrack. It really compares to a great movie, and at times, it made me remember Children of Men. I love the way the story unfolds, specially on the killing and supply mechanism, totally make sense to kill almost everyone that crosses your path, and the supply shortage provide a real feel to the situation. Really recommend this game and any other game by Naughty Dog. Please keep them coming! Expand
  7. Jun 19, 2013
    A superb game from start to finish. Gripping throughout. I'm not sure where the story was taking me at times but I was more than happy with the result. You care about characters, Joel and Ellie in particular. Through every cutscene you feel the characters and how realistically they are portrayed. They breathe, they have scars, wrinkles, glossy eyes, physical features that are lifelike. TheA superb game from start to finish. Gripping throughout. I'm not sure where the story was taking me at times but I was more than happy with the result. You care about characters, Joel and Ellie in particular. Through every cutscene you feel the characters and how realistically they are portrayed. They breathe, they have scars, wrinkles, glossy eyes, physical features that are lifelike. The Last of Us shines in being the most realistic fictional game I have ever played. The fungi/cordyceps concept of zombifiying people is intriguing enough. There aren't enough good things to say about this game. The gameplay is stupendous, and while it takes time getting adjusted to, it feels fluent and right when you do. There's enough variety in crafting weapons and upgrading them to spice the game up when pacing gets tough. That's one of my only problem are pacing issues, but the game is so damn good and the story is so great that you trudge through the slower spots. Often times the difficulty has unreasonable spikes, but all is forgiven, when you pass a more difficult section, the payoff and reward is well worth it. The single player itself is incredible alone and worth a buy, but the multiplayer works excellently too. You have two characters that just grow so much and it's incredible to watch their journey and participate with them in a dark, realistic, beautiful disaster of a world that feels very real. Expand
  8. Oct 12, 2013
    Wow...just wow. Everything about this game is just fantastic. The story, the characters, the setting, the voice acting (Nolan North is so good that he's unrecognizable) really just everything. The only problem I really had was the ending but even that started growing on me after awhile. Multiplayer's ok but you'll get tired of it after awhile (for me it was like 2 maybe three rounds). ThisWow...just wow. Everything about this game is just fantastic. The story, the characters, the setting, the voice acting (Nolan North is so good that he's unrecognizable) really just everything. The only problem I really had was the ending but even that started growing on me after awhile. Multiplayer's ok but you'll get tired of it after awhile (for me it was like 2 maybe three rounds). This is in my top 2 favorite games for sure (number ones Mass Effect 2 if you're curious). Expand
  9. Jun 18, 2013
    In my opinion, this game is incredibly overhyped. I'm thinking that it's mostly due to the summer lull and E3 excitement.

Let's keep it short: - Very linear gameplay - TERRIBLE AI (the amount of time I got discovered because my two "friendlies" are in the way is ridiculous) - Horrible "mega-glow-in-the-dark-zombie-mushroom" (a la Resident Evil) - Varying graphics (from pretty good,

Let's keep it short:
    - Very linear gameplay
    - Horrible "mega-glow-in-the-dark-zombie-mushroom" (a la Resident Evil)
    - Varying graphics (from pretty good, to damn awful)
    - For the amount of PR "push" they gave to the main character looking like Ellen page... well she doesn't look AT ALL like her in the actual game
    - Sometimes unclear as to what is the objective
    - Interesting intro/premise, quickly followed by pretty normal "we found the cure" type of scenario.

I'd give a 6. It's not bad, but it's far from great. It's deeply over-hyped.
  10. Jul 12, 2013
    If you liked the Uncharted series, you might like this. The extremely high reviews this game has received are due to AAA title hype, it is not a 10, it is about a 6, on a real scale of 10 that doesn't begin at 8 and end at 10.
  11. Oct 10, 2013
    This is the best console game I have ever played. Great from beginning to end. It really has it all. Nice to see after the disappointingly short and easy 3rd installment of Uncharted. The character development is exceptional, the game-play fantastic, and well balanced. Very, very good.
  12. Sep 18, 2013
    Incredible game, intense, great looking, full of action and good writing. Ellie and Joel are easily two of the best characters in video games, its just an amazing game
  13. Jun 17, 2013
    The Last of Us review:

Story: 10/10 A great story indeed, keep me hooked till the end, the characters are deep and the more they develop in the story you will find yourself really caring for their fate. A truly masterpiece of Survival Horror/Post Apocaliptic World. Visual: 10/10 I have never seen a game in ps3 (or any console) that looked better that this one, the light effects, the
    The Last of Us review:

Visual: 10/10 I have never seen a game in ps3 (or any console) that looked better that this one, the light effects, the detail in character modeling and the beautiful surrounding's Cities reclaimed by nature feels so alive) I just give this game MY 10+1 in this department.

Gameplay: 7/10 Here is where am going to punish The Last of Us. The gameplay in fact is a good one, you will find so much to do in The Last of Us (crafting weapons, getting upgrades) the fight's whit button smash/panic scene's feel's great and the combat systems is what you can spect meele weapons are easy to use but firearms will requiere more practice and that is good, because in RL shooting a gun/rifle is not as easy as most shooters/fps want to make us belive) Walking/running/climbing/swimming fells so natural and so real BUT there are some BIG issues whit the game mechanics. The most shocking/disappointing one is the cover/stealth system. I find myself many times not being discovered by enemy's even when my dumb AI partner walked in front of the enemy. My AI parner talking to me/other guy in a zone where there are sound sensitive enemies lurking around and amazingly they dont discover us if your character makes noise/walk in front of an enemy that is a different story). So this is a big big... no no no HUGE problem in the stealth game mechanics/partner AI system that must be solved right away by Naugty Dog.

Replay: 8/10 It's almost imposible to max upgrade your weapons/abilities in one gameplay, so this add replayability to The Last of Us, also the beautiful enviroments of the game/amazing story really invite us to take our controller and play again this title in the New Game+ mode.

Music/Voice Acting: 10/10 The voice acting in The Last of Us is simply amazing!!! You can really sense the mood/fellings of the characters and the agony/joy/sadness/etc they go through.

Overall: 9/10 A must have if u love deep story/rich characters/survival horror/uncharted games. A true contestant to Game of The Year 2013 that only need to tune up some game mechanics to be THE GAME.
  14. Aug 24, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. POSITIVES:
    1) A decent story, made excellent by wonderfully written dialogue and brilliant voice acting.
    2) Gorgeous level design.
    3) Thrilling and extremely responsive game play.
    4) Naughty dog.
    5) Realistic, unexaggerated violence adds to the game's dark and desperate tone.

NEGATIVES:
    1) Crafting could have been broader (Knives, man! They should be more common than knives!)
    2) I thought it needed a bit more character development for someone other than Joel and Ellie, like Tess or David.

I have been playing Naughty Dog games since I was 6-7, starting with the Crash Bandicoot series. Now I'm a 24 year old man and I feel as if Naughty Dog has been growing at the same rate as me. Naughty Dog, I love you AND this game.

P.S: A decent set of headphones pulls you in even further.
  15. Apr 16, 2014
    The most overrated "game" of all time. The atmosphere and story are decent, but there is very little actual gameplay. You probably won't realize this on your first playthrough because you will be playing overly cautiously and exploring for materials, wondering what is around the next corner. But once you've beaten it, you will understand that there are very few fights with enemies and aThe most overrated "game" of all time. The atmosphere and story are decent, but there is very little actual gameplay. You probably won't realize this on your first playthrough because you will be playing overly cautiously and exploring for materials, wondering what is around the next corner. But once you've beaten it, you will understand that there are very few fights with enemies and a whole lot of slow boring sections spent walking around listening to Ellie, separated by lots of cutscenes. The multiplayer can be enjoyable, but the poor hit detection coupled with the slow pace isn't likely to hold many peoples' attention for very long. Expand
  16. Sep 6, 2013
    I bought a PS3 just to play this game, so it worked out one of the most expensive games that I have bought. It is an amazing game, and worth buying a PS3 just to play. If you like anything post-apocalyptic, this is a game for you. As a game it's often hard to get the right balance of story and action. So may times there is either too much repetitive action, or too many cut-scenes thatI bought a PS3 just to play this game, so it worked out one of the most expensive games that I have bought. It is an amazing game, and worth buying a PS3 just to play. If you like anything post-apocalyptic, this is a game for you. As a game it's often hard to get the right balance of story and action. So may times there is either too much repetitive action, or too many cut-scenes that drag on for ages when you want to be playing. Overall Naught Dog to my mind got the perfect balance for that they deserve a 10 on it's own. But there are so many subtle things in the game that just have an immense impact, like not being able to pause in order to craft but having to craft in real-time. The people struggle when you fight them, they don't go down easy. Superb.

The game also gets you to ask questions of yourself and ask who are the real monsters? A question that might seem black and white in a game about spore invested mutant zombie types. But it's not that easy, the boundaries become blurred, and the ending... well that doesn't disappoint. Top marks, great first game for me on PS3.
  17. Jun 22, 2013
    ok lets get something straight that most gamers don't get. yes this game is WAY overhyped. This was one reason why i was reluctant to play it. the shooting is wonky, ai ranges from stupid to smart, some enemies seem unfair( those stupid bloaters), but this game is still a great game and is one of my favorites. the story is well told and emotional all the way through, the characters areok lets get something straight that most gamers don't get. yes this game is WAY overhyped. This was one reason why i was reluctant to play it. the shooting is wonky, ai ranges from stupid to smart, some enemies seem unfair( those stupid bloaters), but this game is still a great game and is one of my favorites. the story is well told and emotional all the way through, the characters are expertly voiced and likeable. Ellie is really the star of this game. she is a great, smart character and also a total badass who isnt afraid to do what it takes to survive. her protector joel who is the main player character, is a rugged badass who is tasked with escorting ellie to the fireflies. the journey is worth experiencing so many twist and turns occur which help develop joel and ellie as characters. they joke, talk, and protect each other all the way through and as joel and ellie get to know one another their relationship changes from total strangers to a father daughter relationship. kudos to naughtydog for crafting such a wonderful experience. it sure is overhyped and i dont think it should get goty (watchdogs or gta v FTW!) but it needs to be experienced by anyone who has a ps3 and likes to experience a well told story with likeable characters. joel and ellie's apocalyptic survivor story is worth the price of admission. Expand
  18. Sep 14, 2013
    There are many parts of this game that are great- the game play, exploration, and the visuals included (actually, I personally found the visuals stunning). By themselves, they aren't groundbreaking. If you wanted to nit-pick them, you could. But together, every part of The Last of Us tells a compelling and frighteningly human story that begs each of us to put ourselves in its world. WhatThere are many parts of this game that are great- the game play, exploration, and the visuals included (actually, I personally found the visuals stunning). By themselves, they aren't groundbreaking. If you wanted to nit-pick them, you could. But together, every part of The Last of Us tells a compelling and frighteningly human story that begs each of us to put ourselves in its world. What lengths would we go to in order to survive? Are emotional bonds worth the risk in a world where loss is all but certain?
    The Last of Us is an amazing game with an astounding narrative in its own right. But it truly shines when you let yourself be drawn into its world and try to understand both the humanity and inhumanity in the characters you play, as well as in the friends and foes that cross your path as you find yourself clawing your way across a dangerous wasteland.
  19. Jun 23, 2013
    gamer usually about games having too much story lines, the Last of Us is 100% a good example of this category. It is just a very typical third person shooting adventure game with stupid AI and boring linear settings. It is just overrated. I would give it a 6/10 the MAX.
  20. Jun 18, 2013
    This game is just one-of-the-kind, experience you will face here is not in any game or on any console or PC so far. Simply this is one of the best game ever made. And yes its GAME so there is not half an hour cutscene and ten minutes of gameplay but its more like interactive movie. Interesting is how conversations are made in-game and there are not cutscenes for each talk. Gamelpay isThis game is just one-of-the-kind, experience you will face here is not in any game or on any console or PC so far. Simply this is one of the best game ever made. And yes its GAME so there is not half an hour cutscene and ten minutes of gameplay but its more like interactive movie. Interesting is how conversations are made in-game and there are not cutscenes for each talk. Gamelpay is unbelievable fun, you can craft a lot stuff for surviving, upgrade your weaponry and explore this incredible world of the last of us. Simply strong perfect characters, emotional solid story, enormous gameplay, beautiful apocalyptic world... Expand
  21. Oct 2, 2013
    The Last of Us is pretty much perfect...to be honest I do not know any reason why you should not pick this game up but then saying that it has flaws...like every game.First of all the IA at times can be so annoying but then they can be your best friends by throwing brick or bottles at enemies,it can really help.Next? glitches,bugs this game...oh lord this game has a few.Like one I gotThe Last of Us is pretty much perfect...to be honest I do not know any reason why you should not pick this game up but then saying that it has flaws...like every game.First of all the IA at times can be so annoying but then they can be your best friends by throwing brick or bottles at enemies,it can really help.Next? glitches,bugs this game...oh lord this game has a few.Like one I got stuck inbetween a rock and a tree for abit i was then ready to restart.Then the game desides to let me move and after two seconds it kills me off....no enemies about nothing that could kill me i just died.However other then them things this is pretty much the perfect game for this gen witch is filled with brainless shooters and stupid game company's doing what they think is best for the players when it ruins our games.The Last of Us is like a breath of fresh air,it mixes great stealth and action with amazing characters that make the story (witch has been done many times before) amazing it really does because u actually care about Ellie.She is the heart and soul of this game without her the story and your immersion would just fall flat,Thankfully they did a amazing job on having you feel for this character same goes for Joel and pretty much everyone else.I can not tell you how many times i was nearly brought to tears....do yourself a favour pick this game up,you owe it to yourself. Expand
  22. Jul 2, 2013
    The Last of Us is a strong, story driven game in which entices people even with a biased opinion on 1st person games. The beginning pulled me in straight away, even after playing about 15 minutes of the game I already felt a strong connection with the characters and my emotions spiraled out of control, this is what The Last of Us does to you, it pulls you in, makes you feel that strongThe Last of Us is a strong, story driven game in which entices people even with a biased opinion on 1st person games. The beginning pulled me in straight away, even after playing about 15 minutes of the game I already felt a strong connection with the characters and my emotions spiraled out of control, this is what The Last of Us does to you, it pulls you in, makes you feel that strong connection and it does it superbly. You will find yourself in front of your TV with goosebumps and chills running down your spine.

The game play is brilliant but the story is what keeps this game strong. All I can say is buy it and you WILL NOT be disappointed...
  23. Oct 24, 2013
    Last of Us actually deserves it's very high critic's metascore. The game is a masterpiece with engrossing characters, story, narration and most importantly, gameplay. I was totally hooked playing the game and had an amazing time with it.
  24. Jan 4, 2014
    The characters and how their relationships are built throughout the game is worthy of the highest praise. The plot plays second fiddle and simply provides an interesting context for the game's content. The Last Of Us is a great character study and there are a number of subtle moments between Ellie and Joel that really stand out.

My only gripe is the deaf and blind response of the enemy

My only gripe is the deaf and blind response of the enemy AI to your companion AI when in stealth mode. Admittedly it's not a game-breaker but it certainly put a damper on the immersion factor when it did occur. As I said, this is the game's only real problem and everything else is exceptional. Unflinchingly violent, nerve wracking and as poignant as a video game can be.
  25. Jun 17, 2013
    you know when sometimes a game gets so many positive reviews and hype you then expect it to be so high but then it disappoints when it finally arrives because of your expectations well the last of us is well above expectations it exceeds greatly.
  26. Jun 20, 2013
    This is the best game i've ever played. For real. 13 hours of gameplay that NEVER got boring. Breathtaking and realistic battles (vs humans). what i did NOT like was the stealth vs zombies/clickers/runners whatever.
    that got TOO hard they'll sense you almost no matter what you do. everything else what REALLY enjoyable. and the story/plot actually holds comparing to uncharted, where you're just kinda fighting for, well in the end god knows what. more weapons would be nice, and a better multi-player. there was NO CO-OP. REALLY big minus. and in the multi-player... well let's just say, it takes unrealisticly many bullet's to kill a man. 13-14 hours of hardcore survival. it would be a shame to miss this.
  27. Jun 22, 2013
    The game is fine, its okay. It is not an epic, revolutionary change as has been touted by so many. It plays like a more stealth-oriented Uncharted. There are no stakes, no risk of failure. The characters, story, gameplay and everything else fit neatly into cookie cutter molds. The game is good.

The multiplayer, however, is the biggest terd bowl I've seen in a long time online. Mismatched teams, bad options (like buying armor, which only benefits teams that are already ahead), confusing and tedious maps that you don't have a chance to learn until you've suffered your 80th losing match against people who play it constantly... even though its your first hour. Just pure garbage.
  28. Jul 22, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The Last of Us has been called many things. It has the titles of "greatest game of the generation", "greatest ps3 exclusive" and "best zombie game", in order from most, to least ridiculous. The Last of Us fails to push the boundaries of gaming in any way. Not only does it not push the boundaries, it ultimately fails in the execution of tried and true gameplay mechanics and story cliches that would seem so easy to replicate.
    The story is almost completely throwaway when you see how many recycled events from other zombie movies/games The Last of Us has jumbled together, humiliatingly paling in comparison to Telltale's The Walking Dead. The gameplay, just as well, is nothing stellar, inventive, fresh, or any other word someone could come up with for "good". Shaky shooting (I know it was made this way to give realism), upgrade benches, scarce ammo, and the upside down shooting sequence call up much too many similarities with the Dead Space series to be coincidental. At least if you use the mechanics from another game, an attempt should be made to improve on the mechanics, which did not happen. On the same point as gameplay, the "puzzling" (I call it that because I have no other words it) is basically a slap to the face. Take this, put it here, take this, put it here. Random plank of wood lying right where you need it, random ladder right next to the truck you need to climb. These "puzzling" events are completely pointless and are a very tedious and cheap way to make the game longer. I understand the needs for the puzzles, though. After walking from battle arena to battle arena to battle arena, I would rather be doing anything than walking to another freaking battle arena. This is a horrible attempt to break up the tedious arenas, with tedious puzzles. That is it for gameplay, next is environments. While the graphics are great, the environments are bland, with nothing really sticking out. When I first saw the vine covered streets, I will admit, I was impressed. After seeing the same vine covered streets for ten hours? Not so much. Another problem with the environments is the cover. It seems like in every room there is a labyrinth of conveniently chest high cover. Next, is the technical aspect. As many have noted, the AI is horribly stupid. Enemies usually wait four or five seconds before shooting you, see dead bodies and do nothing, and walk out of cover. The friendly AI is no better. They will get in your way, and yes, they yell to you while clickers are around, and nothing happens. The last thing i will be talking about, and by FAR the biggest put off of the game for me, was Ellie. When you first get Ellie as a partner, she is annoying and rude, spewing out swear after swear to the point where it is mind numbing. Three hours later, she is still annoying and rude. And she has by far the most unrealistic reactions to death I have ever seen. Three disemboweled swat members? Meh. Boy I just talked to yesterday turned and tried to kill me? Okay. I know she grew up in the apocalypse, but her reaction when somebody dies should be more than "oh, that guy died."
    The Last of Us is a jumbled mess of story and gameplay ideas taken from other sources. It does nothing very good, but everything good enough to pull in the gamers with unmatched fanboy love for PS3 and Naughty Dog. Now I know what everyone is thinking, "omg xbox fanboy rated down the game." This is simply untrue. Think about it, if this game was made by a different developer, and was not an exclusive, it would be throwaway. But somehow all of the problems with the game were dismissed as "nitpicking." It goes to show how low of an opinion the gaming community has when such a cliched game as the Last of Us can even be called "game of the year" or "best PS3 exclusive" or even "best zombie game" while games like Bioshock Infinite, Metal Gear Solid 4, and The Walking Dead exist.
    To end this overly long review, The Last of Us is by no means a bad game. There is nothing about it I can say i like, but it's playable.Its not great, its not fresh, or inventive, or anything of the nature.
  29. Jun 16, 2013
    One of the only perfect video games in existence, a true masterpiece. This is one of the best games right alongside Ocarina of Time. Anyone who didn't enjoy this game must have been expecting some run'n'gun Uncharted or COD game, is a raging xbox fanboy who didn't even play the game (read the comments one person actually admits he didn't play the game, but gives it a 0 anyways) or is aOne of the only perfect video games in existence, a true masterpiece. This is one of the best games right alongside Ocarina of Time. Anyone who didn't enjoy this game must have been expecting some run'n'gun Uncharted or COD game, is a raging xbox fanboy who didn't even play the game (read the comments one person actually admits he didn't play the game, but gives it a 0 anyways) or is a complete meathead. Bravo Naughty Dog, bravo. Expand
  30. Jun 22, 2013
    9.5/10. This game is amazing, but like all games, it's not without it's little hiccups. But for every problem, there are an infinite amount of fantastic things about this game. Some might find the story predictable, but it's very well written, with many moments that will have you investing in these complex characters, Joel and Ellie, which provide some of the best acting I have seen in9.5/10. This game is amazing, but like all games, it's not without it's little hiccups. But for every problem, there are an infinite amount of fantastic things about this game. Some might find the story predictable, but it's very well written, with many moments that will have you investing in these complex characters, Joel and Ellie, which provide some of the best acting I have seen in video games. The combat can be trying at times but mostly fulfilling and engaging, as it's covered with lots of small details that add to the atmosphere of the game, such as scripted events to keep you on your toes, conversations that add to characters or mood, and a crafting system that will have you thinking about what to save for the next encounter. There will be some moments when the game slips up, such as your AI companions running in front of the bandits you are trying to hide from, and they don't bat an eyelid, or you are too busying scavenging for the necessary items that you miss the interesting conversations that pop up in the game, but these small things are easily forgiveable for what the game offers as a whole experience. The visuals are stunning, with some environments that will take your breath away, and detailed characters whose eyes convey what is unsaid. This game might not be for everyone, especially those who aren't interested in the stories games have to offer or are looking for something that will completely redesign their previous experiences. But for those looking for a game that has that solid and special blend of gameplay and story, this is it. It's tense, evocative and beautiful. I finished the game in about 14 hrs, and I can't wait for a second play through. Expand
  31. Jun 16, 2013
    I personally find 10 out of 10 a little bit overrated, and here's why:

I personally find 10 out of 10 a little bit overrated, and here's why:

It's still an incredible playthrough but very, very, linear. There are moment where you can't even go offtrack and explore around a little bit while I kind of expected it from the few trailers I've watched, while in other areas you suddenly gain a lot more freedom but are still very limited by impenetrable bushes and thin broken fences.

Combat becomes kind of repetitive after a while, it does look good and is animated really well but halfway through the game you keep seeing the same thing over and over again. It becomes really irritating when you have to redo the same part 10 times over because the sometimes clunky aiming controls with melee weapons in small rooms can cause a bit of trouble when dealing with those Clickers, or that you can't get your health up (or have no ability to craft health packs) at the very moment.

This is a bit of nitwitting and I know ND had to cut out some stuff somewhere, but at some parts the textures are really bad, I've seen some very low quality metal and glass alike textures and at several moments in the game I've seen clipping issues where the entire world started flickering or disappearing taking away from the immersion, at some points I could then even see through walls and what not. Near the end of the game I even ran into some NPC's that managed to catch me and I got to see a short cutscene of how they killed me, but in that cutscene I didn't see any environment at all, just the characters on a bluescreen background...

For me this game has no replay value at all, I was really pissed off when I figured out after playing the first 4 hours that it couldn't save my game... Even tho' I had patched the game the very morning and downloaded an additional 14gb for the language (I assumed English was on the PSN download already, but guessed wrong).

The ending (don't read if you don't want to spoil yourself in any way) is kind of '...ok, and now what'-ish. There doesn't really feel like any closure and it kind of left me wondering what's about to happen really.

I'd definitely recommend it for players that are into good single player story and character development but don't expect to make any choices themselves in doing so.

All in all a very good game but it's lack of openworld, repetitive combat and linear story deducts those 2 points for me, I give it an 8 out of 10.
  32. Jun 16, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Buy this game, you will absolutely love it. Words cannot express the sheer level of perfection that Naughty Dog has placed into the Last of Us. I've already finished the story, and the buildup and character development are prime for the end of a console generation. Before you play this game, be warned though- this is not just another Uncharted, and the heartwarming moments of the game, while very powerful, are few and far between the loss and brooding tone that the game brings about with its exceptional story telling. It is a very dark story with very dark consequences to actions and subject matter that some might find uncomfortable such as suicide in mass, the deaths of family members, and decisions between the prosperity of everybody and the good of the few. The brutality of the infected world contrasts heavily with the innocence of several younger characters in the game. All darkness of the game aside, both the story and multiplayer elements of the game are fantastic and an excellent time. The story took me about 15 hours to complete- a far cry from the world of games that are being released today with emphasis only on online and 5-hour stories. Buy this game. Shed tears. Have your heart warmed by the harrowing tale of Joel and Ellie. By far the best game I have ever, and probably will, ever play. Expand
  33. Jun 16, 2013
    An absolute master piece. Such an amazing gaming experience. This is a must be for any PS3 owner. This is the reason to buy a PS3 even with the new generation of consoles coming out it's that damn good.
  34. Jun 16, 2013
    One of the most immersive and atmospheric games ever. The story is phenomenal and you'll get to care about the characters like few games before it. Naughty Dog has built a masterpiece that is only only one of the best games for the PS3, but for gaming in general.
  35. Jun 16, 2013
    I didnt have any hype actually for this game until the review's started coming out with all the tens. I quickly later understood that this game would be amazing. Now back to my review, I've never experienced a better intro, just such a brilliant intro. The voice acting is phenomenal and just feels so natural and every character had such an fantastic script, I couldn't almost wait for theI didnt have any hype actually for this game until the review's started coming out with all the tens. I quickly later understood that this game would be amazing. Now back to my review, I've never experienced a better intro, just such a brilliant intro. The voice acting is phenomenal and just feels so natural and every character had such an fantastic script, I couldn't almost wait for the next cutscene which also were beautifully made. I haven't been a super fan of Uncharted but I loved the gameplay in The Last of Us, I never had any problems with the stealth parts and the firearms worked very good with the design, the feeling and the sound. I think that it was a good thing to make the allies invincible to the targets but sometimes they could get in the way and pull you out of the game sometimes, but it wasn't any gamebreaking things or over all annoying. The customization was good but it would be nice with something yet more deep. The story was so immersive and fantastic that it will be a experience that will never leave me. I'm not gonna talk to much about the multiplayer but I will say that it's as everything else, fantastic. I expected something decent but what I got was one of the funniest mulitplayer I've played for a long time, this coming from a high end spec pc gamer. Since I'm also a pc gamer I got to talk about the graphics, they literally are MIND blowing for the PS3, I sometimes just stopped playing and just started looking at the graphics. This game could be my favorite game of ALL time and I've played games for a long time. Hats of to Naught dog for making this amazing game. This is easily going to be my game of the year but I really recommend Bioshock, up yours GTA! (I'll buy yo though!) Expand
  36. Jun 16, 2013
    I don't really know how i can put this into words, i've been gaming for roughly 22 years, played pretty much everything out there and i don't think there is a single game out there that has ever touched me the way this one has.

You can literally see video gaming evolving to new heights just by playing this one game, the game manages to pretty much blur the lines between movie and game, the characters are really well done, they feel like real people, people you can relate to, which is extremely rare in video games. While this is easily the best looking game on PS3, it isn't the texture detail that brings the game to life, it's more the little things like attention to detail, and most importantly the facial animations of the characters.

The sound is also really good, hearing a clicker for the first time will send shivers down your spine, really good ambiance and soundtrack too.

As for the story of the game, it can't be put in to words, it's just something that has to be experienced. If you like video games, this is a must play, it is truly an unforgettable experience and i can't believe that something like this has been achieved on the Playstation 3, the future of gaming sure does look bright, especially if Naughty Dog is making the games.
  37. Jun 17, 2013
    Let me start this review by describing something that makes my day. The small percentage of reviewers (in this case about 10%) that are hell-bent on completely bashing this game. I can see if you don't feel the same as people who rave about it. You are certainly entitled to your own opinion and I will always support that. However...when you take a game that (in the opinion of myself andLet me start this review by describing something that makes my day. The small percentage of reviewers (in this case about 10%) that are hell-bent on completely bashing this game. I can see if you don't feel the same as people who rave about it. You are certainly entitled to your own opinion and I will always support that. However...when you take a game that (in the opinion of myself and the majority) is impressive both visually and in its gameplay, and give it a zero? Lol Not a 5, 6, or 7, but a 0! Are you serious? The reviewers who actually sound angry are the ones that amuse me the most. THIS GAME is so bad that it made you angry?!! You are showing your glaring ignorance or bias, or BOTH! Check out some of the negative reviewers and click on other reviews they've written. You'll notice that all their other submissions are for Xbox or PC. I'd be willing to bet that most haven't even really played it. Is it that important for you to bash anything Playstation? How truly sad your existence must be. Like what you like and be happy with that. Why should it bother you so much that others like something? Live and let live my friends.

While there is no such thing as a perfect game, NO MATTER WHAT SYSTEM YOU HAVE. This is one of the best all-around games that I've played in a while. You will especially enjoy it if you are a fan of the genre.
  38. Jun 18, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Eu não sei o que eu posso dizer sobre este jogo, sem revelar nada, mas vou dizer-lhe que facilmente entre os dez primeiros jogos que eu joguei, e joguei um monte de jogos bons, também os personagens de Joel e Ellie são absolutamente brilhante, acho que Ellie tem uma premissa tão incrível, e Joel parece ter sido afetado pela infecção de uma forma bastante realista. A única b ad coisa que posso dizer sobre este jogo que, como bom como eu não acho que para todo mundo, algumas pessoas podem ser adiadas pela atmosfera e violência dentro do jogo, enquanto alguns vão amá-lo pelo mesmo motivo. Se você está pensando em comprar este jogo, então eu recomendo comprá-lo. Expand
  39. Jun 18, 2013
    the last of us fantastico não só o melhor game que joguei na vida como tbm oque mais me aprofundou na historia otimos graficos jogabilidade perfeita tem seus defeitos aqui e ali mais não estraga o game esse ano o goty com certeza dele joguei muitos games nessa geração mais esse ai foi o melhor da minha vida ND e sony estão de parabens pelo grande feito!!! feichando com have dethe last of us fantastico não só o melhor game que joguei na vida como tbm oque mais me aprofundou na historia otimos graficos jogabilidade perfeita tem seus defeitos aqui e ali mais não estraga o game esse ano o goty com certeza dele joguei muitos games nessa geração mais esse ai foi o melhor da minha vida ND e sony estão de parabens pelo grande feito!!! feichando com have de ouro a era ps3 esse game n deve levar apenas goty ele pode ser o game da geração!!!!!! Expand
  40. Nov 15, 2014
    this game is fantastic if you have a playstation you must buy it
    but 10's and best game ever are a bit much for it
    and the hype OMG that **** will make people hate it
    STOP IT, i will give it 8 because i enjoyed it that much.
    thanks for reading my simple opinion :)
  41. Jun 22, 2013
    The Last of Us is a thrilling, emotional, and tense game. Do not go into this game expecting Uncharted series over-the-top set pieces. This is much slower but its supposed to be that way. Every bullet counts, you must switch guns from the backpack in real-time, you must find pieces to build your own knife, and you may think that may be potentially annoying at first, but trust me..thatsThe Last of Us is a thrilling, emotional, and tense game. Do not go into this game expecting Uncharted series over-the-top set pieces. This is much slower but its supposed to be that way. Every bullet counts, you must switch guns from the backpack in real-time, you must find pieces to build your own knife, and you may think that may be potentially annoying at first, but trust me..thats what makes the game so fun. Knowing you only have 4 bullets to take down that clicker before you realize you have to run and hide and see if you have enough material to build that shive. Its tense moments like that for only one enemy, that makes the game so great. One thing that annoyed me was Ellie's AI at a couple of points. Ellie ran in front of a clicker and the clicker didn't notice her. As far as story, this is one of the best stories of this generation. Without a doubt, one of the best stories in a game Ive ever played. When it comes down to it, its just like this...you must play the last of us. Do not go into it expecting it to be this or that, just play the damn thing and judge yourself. Remember, if you get caught up in too much hype, you'll think a game is overrated, but if you go into it expecting any other video game, you wont be disappointed....at all. Go play it. NOW! Expand
  42. Jun 22, 2013
    The Last of Us is by far, to date, the greatest story NaughtyDog has ever written. A game that truly connects you to the characters in a way you've never been connected before. A game which, if you are either a mother, father, or have a child you love, will you make you weak in the heart and tearful in the first twenty minutes. The relationship between Joel and Ellie is one of the greatestThe Last of Us is by far, to date, the greatest story NaughtyDog has ever written. A game that truly connects you to the characters in a way you've never been connected before. A game which, if you are either a mother, father, or have a child you love, will you make you weak in the heart and tearful in the first twenty minutes. The relationship between Joel and Ellie is one of the greatest in the gaming world. How you seem them bond together; Ellie never seeing the outside world, and Joel living through twenty years of it.. How different they are and how similar they are, as well. The relationship of these two characters makes the game worth playing alone. Expand
  43. Jun 23, 2013
    The last of us is something very special delivered in videogame form that has to be experienced, no matter what. The moment you start the game you know why. I have played quite a few games in my 35 years of existence, and this one is by far the best experience i have had in games. Everything in game just screams seriously high production values. The animation, the voice actors, storyline,The last of us is something very special delivered in videogame form that has to be experienced, no matter what. The moment you start the game you know why. I have played quite a few games in my 35 years of existence, and this one is by far the best experience i have had in games. Everything in game just screams seriously high production values. The animation, the voice actors, storyline, everything is just way beyond and above of what one would expect of a game. Lets take the voice actors for example. Joel, voiced by Troy Baker, and Ellie, voiced by Ashley Johnson are simply amazing. They take their trade very serious, and you can hear it in every line they speak. The chemistry between the two is also something you rarely see in games. The way they grow and bond with each other is simply beautiful. Also, the "infected" are done in way you rarely, if at all hear in games. They don't go with the stereotypical zombie cow moans, but instead sound like real sick people in complete pain and agony.
    All this doesn't mean nothing of course if the rest of the game doesn't deliver, and rest assured, it does. The animations in this game are so lifelike it is crazy. Little things such as a little nod when Joel agrees with something, or when Ellie looks away in a dreamlike trance (the world as we know it is just an abstract idea to her, what little she knows comes from books, stories etc) when talking about how things were before the world went to crap really ad up.
    Graphics are outstanding, and probably the finest you see on the PS3, but then again this beast of a game from Naughty Dog, so it was to be expected. Everything, from the ruined cities, to the characters is done in amazing, lifelike detail.
    Story is done very well. It is a little cliche at times, but despite that it is a story well worth experiencing.
    and last, but not least, game play.
    Game play is a delight in this game. Bullets feel like they really hit a enemy. It has this heavy feel to it when they find their target. Another small detail in the gunplay is that when you go out of bullets against bandits or soldiers and continue to pull the trigger your gun makes this empty clicking sound. Nothing special about that, but the enemy hears this too. I was stunned to see a guy behind cover slightly rise from behind cover and surveying the situation and then said to another guy "he's out, lets f him up". That was crazy realistic and even though my behind was served to me on a silver platter, i could not help myself smiling. Only small problem in my opinion is that some guys can take a few too many bullets and that can distract from the illusion.Small problem mind you, but a problem nonetheless. Hand to hand and melee is also something not for those with a weak heart. It feels brutal and animalistic. Really the primal him or me feeling. And when Ellie comments after a fight with something like "geez Joel, what the F?" you wonder exactly who the monster was in this fight.
    So yea, this game is most certainly worth playing, even if you don't own a PS3. Borrow it from a friend or something, but make sure you experience it. There is nothing out there quite like it. It makes you smile, it makes you cry, it makes you despair and it makes you hope. 10/10
  44. Jun 23, 2013
    7 YEARS of development went into this game... 7 years of correct judgement. This game is the only one to make me feel the emotions of the characters and feel like i needed to do something; it felt like it was real. I'm not going to say that i cried, and that's not to say my eyes did not water. The music in this game depicts the emotion and makes it sink deeper. This game is a major7 YEARS of development went into this game... 7 years of correct judgement. This game is the only one to make me feel the emotions of the characters and feel like i needed to do something; it felt like it was real. I'm not going to say that i cried, and that's not to say my eyes did not water. The music in this game depicts the emotion and makes it sink deeper. This game is a major milestone for me. I hope that more games would be so involved as this one. This game is going to make people look deep inside themselves and see that even if you feel like you are 10 meters under you just need to keep fighting for something; to never lose hope. Expand
  45. Jun 25, 2013
    I cant quite put my finger on what it is exactly that makes this game not a perfect 10, but its something. For some reason it just cant seem to actually hold my interest for more than an hour. Bad controls aside (Better controls would have given a 9/10) this is a game you should purchase if you like linear story driven games but don't expect the masterpiece everyone else seems to beI cant quite put my finger on what it is exactly that makes this game not a perfect 10, but its something. For some reason it just cant seem to actually hold my interest for more than an hour. Bad controls aside (Better controls would have given a 9/10) this is a game you should purchase if you like linear story driven games but don't expect the masterpiece everyone else seems to be claiming it is. Expand
  46. Aug 13, 2013
    The Last Of Us Review By Charlie Savidge CNSavidge

Story The Last Of Us truly is a great game, its amazing, in fact a masterpiece all of these words describe the graphically beautiful, but yet ugly grim reality that is portrayed in this game. And its not just another zombie game, here's why. In the game you take the place of a 20 year Survivor of The Bacterial Outbreak called
    The Last Of Us Review By Charlie Savidge CNSavidge

Story

The Last Of Us truly is a great game, its amazing, in fact a masterpiece all of these words describe the graphically beautiful, but yet ugly grim reality that is portrayed in this game. And its not just another zombie game, here's why. In the game you take the place of a 20 year Survivor of The Bacterial Outbreak called Ophiocordyceps, named Joel. He use to be a normal every day person with a job and a family. But since the outbreak, his life has gone to hell. We then learn about what he is been doing for the past 20 Years. He has been smuggling goods to different parts of the quarantine zone past security to make a living. All government is gone, all there is, is martial law, the currency has been changed to rations, so that people that work harder get more things, but it isn't anything to care a lot about, this isn't a world worth living in. There is little to no hope in this world. But this is where we find the little hope there is. This being the second Main Protagonist in the story, Ellie. Ellie is different and full of hope even though all the people she knew died, she is still very optimistic. She has morals but she doesn't know any better she never lived in the world we live in. All she knows is this world with the infected and living in a permanent quartine zone. There are moments where she questions what we did in our time that she finds Weird such as an Ice Cream Truck. Her interactions with Joel portray them as having an almost Father Daughter relationship. And there side conversations make the characterization that much better. I'm not going to say much else to avoid spoilers, as it is an experience you will want to immerse yourself in. Because the story is important to this game, and the game portrays it in a way we can all relate to in ways such as death.

Gameplay

The Gameplay is Stellar, it lives up to expectations of a PS3 NaughtyDog Game. Apart from the One AI glitch I encountered, the AI seems very realistic. The humans care about their lives they hide behind cover when fired at. The more brutally you kill someone the more cautious they are about running up to you. As for the Infected will run at you just trying to kill you. The Infected stop feeling fear in their second stage. the third stage, the clicker is probably the most terrifying thing I've ever faced in a video game. If they get on you, you're done for good. The horrifying noises the infected make really add to the immersion of the game. You use an abundance of weapons everything between a brick to a flamethrower, but ammo is scarce, forcing you to craft your own weapons, and your decisions can help or hurt you, choosing between a Molotov or a health pack is just one of the vital choices the game forces you to make. And crafting in real time always has you feeling on edge. You can also upgrade your weapons at a work bench, also hard between choosing to upgrade your fire rate our add another gun holster.

Online Multiplayer

The Online is surprisingly great, you choose your load out and only get a few bullets and you find cases so you can craft weapons, like in the story. You can also buy armor,ammo, and guns in the menu waiting to respawn or in real time. The matches are 4V4 and the maps are large, stealth remains a huge factor. If you go in guns blazing you will die, even running shows you on the map. Personally this is one of my favorite multiplayers I've ever played, but it's just the icing to the cake to The Last Of Us's Story.

The Verdict

The Last Of Us is one of the best games I've ever played, and it will be for a long time to come. it has beautiful graphics, along with one of the best stories ever in video games, the story isn't just a story this game, the game presents itself in a realistic portrayal of things that we can all relate to and understand such as death and the love you have for family. With addicting gameplay and one of my favorite multiplayers I've ever played, this game is truly a Masterpiece and truly is one of the greatest games of all time. I give it a 10/10
  47. Nov 10, 2013
    If you are reading this, then do the following
    A) Buy the game now
    B) If you need convincing read the professional reviews
    C) Enjoy one of the defining games of this generation
  48. Jul 5, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This game is so overrated, it's even hard to believe people can't see it. It's just a rather short and mediocre story in a linear shooter.
    Boring "puzzles" of 3 types find a raft for Ellie, find a ladder/crate to climb, find a generator to power stuff up. This is it. And you do it over and over and over, when you are not shooting.
    Shooting in this game is among the least enjoyable I've seen. Console shooting MUST have target assistance, even minor. Red Dead Redemption had it, Infamous had it, Borderlands had it. Their shooting is enjoyable. Last of Us is not. Moments when I had to pull my gun were the most painful experience in this game.
    Stealth could be ok if you were the only character on screen. But when you sit behind cover and see your NPC companion running right in front of enemies and they don't see them... well, let's say, it breaks immersion.
    Characters, aside from main two, are plain and their outcome is very predictable. And as for main ones, once you understand how this game works, you stop caring about main characters you know nothing will happen to them. Creators were too obsessed about not hurting somebody's feelings to add decent amount of violence needed for this game, especially when it comes to Ellie, the underaged character.
    The story was generic, you don't see any plot twists you don't expect. It takes very long time to get interesting, and when it finally starts to seem promising... credits. You see credits. The game ends. I swear, when I saw the final cutscene, I was 100% sure I'm about half done at most. And then bang credits. It was the biggest "WTF?" since Mass Effect 3 in my life.

On a positive note, graphics are good, and I mean really good. It IS the prettiest game on PS3 to date.
    Music is nice as well. Nothing memorable, but it was good.

Overall the game was a disappointment, especially after the high expectations set by all the reviews out there. It was just a pretty shooter with no drama. I've never regretted wasting 60$ on a game that much in my life. Rental at most.

Overrated.
  49. Aug 15, 2013
    To be completely honest it wasn't too... Well I often felt like doing anything else instead of playing it.
    I got fairly far into the game.
    The game was awesome! I would give it a great score but it wasn't as fun as everyone made it seem to be.
    But that's just me and everyone I got to try it...
    Have fun playing it everyone else who loves it! Have an awesome day.
  50. Jul 16, 2013
    I really appreciate that the game always tries to make you feel like the character you`re currently playing...it takes it`s time to evolve, it wants to make the characters` actions look authentic so you can really relate and feel happines, pain and other emotions just like they do. So I don´t understand why they didnt give you the option to benumb ,,enemies" right ftom the start. ItI really appreciate that the game always tries to make you feel like the character you`re currently playing...it takes it`s time to evolve, it wants to make the characters` actions look authentic so you can really relate and feel happines, pain and other emotions just like they do. So I don´t understand why they didnt give you the option to benumb ,,enemies" right ftom the start. It really took away so much of pleasure to realize again and again you just killed someone who was talking about being afraid his brother or himself could die just a couple moments ago. This seems just grotesque and I really couldnt enjoy the highly emotional story how I wanted to... It really took away so much of my excitement for the game that I really couldnt enjoy it afterwards... Expand
  51. Sep 15, 2013
    It's been 20 years since society as we know has fallen.Could you be The Last Of Us?

The storyline in this game is incredible and the characters are great.You play as Joel,a survivor that has been in this world since it all started and you have to escort Ellie,a 14 year old girl throughout the U.S. in search of the Firelies,a militia group determined to find the cure for the Cordyceps,a fungus that infects humans turning them into zombie-like creatures that brought the world to a crysis.

Ellie is the best character that i've ever seen in a video game and her relationship with Joel is great and at some points very touching.You will also meet some very interesting characters as you progress through the game.

The Last Of Us has got the best graphics that i have ever seen in any game in my entire life.Characters,weapons, enemies and environments are all beautiful and astonishing to look at.The way that the characters move is also amazingly realistic,and the cutscenes are,just like the graphics,the best cutscenes i've ever seen in any game.

This game also has the best voice acting i've ever seen in a game.Troy Baker and Ashley Johnson do an amzing job as Joel and Ellie,and all of the other characters and even the enemies are voiced by great actors.

The gameplay in The Last Of Us is brilliant.While fighting the infect or humans,the controls feel responsive,and both gunplay and stealth are awesome.While stealth is important as it is necessary for resource management,it is no less fun than gunplay,that feels intimidating and very realistic.

The developers have also come up with a very smart way to chose your guns.While on most game you can either carry as much guns as you want,or select only two for you to work with,on The Last Of Us you can only have two guns selected on your hot keys(or 4 if you get an upgrade),while the rest of your weapons are on your backpack and can be accessed by holding the X button,but you don't want to have to do that when there's a pack of infected runnig at you,which adds a lot more strategy to the game.

Crafting in The Last Of Us is also awesome,as it allows you to craft many useful things like first-aid kits,bombs,molotovs,modded weapons and other useful objects to help you survive.And one very smart thing about it is how some items need the same materials to be crafted as others,what adds a lot to resource management.

The Singleplayer will take you 12 to 14 hours to complete and you will love every second of it.There are many collectibles for you to grab through the game like artifacts,comics,optional conversations and many more to keep you busy after you finish the game.There is also a New Game+ mode in which you can replay the entire game with all the upgrades that you've unlocked in your previous gameplay.

And as if all of that wasn't enough,The Last Of Us also features a very fun Multiplayer mode in which you have to build and take care of your clan,and they managed to put all of the great gameplay elements from Singleplayer into Multiplayer very well.The Multiplayer is a lot of fun, especially if you're playing with friends.

The only downsides with The Last Of Us are the facts that the game is a little glitchy,there's quite a few visual glitches that will bother you sometimes,but it's nothing that compromisses the game as a whole.And the other downside is the fact that you can't use your guns early in the game on New Game+,but again,it doesn't compromisses the game at all.

The Last Of Us is a true masterpiece in every aspect.It's the best exclusive on the PS3,the best game of 2013 so far,and it is the best game that i have ever played in my life since The Legend Of Zelda:Ocarina Of Time(1998).

Final veredict :10/10

Thank you,Naughty Dog!
  52. Jul 16, 2013
    The Last of Us has been the greatest journey in not only gaming but as a story. I have grown to feel a bond between the characters and especially Ellie. Though it is a dark story it is truly beautiful and outstanding.
    Naughty Dog delivers the brilliance of game play, the beauty of the visuals and audio and magnificence of a story.
  53. Jul 19, 2013
    A good game, but more flawed at the conceptual level than a Naughty Dog game should be and therefore disappointing. The AI teammates constantly ruin immersion when the player is trying to avoid enemies or perform a stealth attack because they are invisible to enemies. Naughty Dog had to do this to keep the AI from getting the player killed, but still be able to have an AI character forA good game, but more flawed at the conceptual level than a Naughty Dog game should be and therefore disappointing. The AI teammates constantly ruin immersion when the player is trying to avoid enemies or perform a stealth attack because they are invisible to enemies. Naughty Dog had to do this to keep the AI from getting the player killed, but still be able to have an AI character for Joel to interact with. This is the main problem with the game. Another problem is the linear nature of the game and the complete lack of choices afforded to the player, but since this is a Naughty Dog game these aren't surprising or unexpected. There is also far too many encounters with bandits who shoot on sight. This wouldn't be a problem if the enemies dropped ammo more often, but most enemies with guns do not drop any ammunition at all which is nonsense. Expand
  54. Feb 27, 2014
    There are 3 things that really impressed me with this game :
    - the music and how it's used
    - the acting - the visual artistic approach I could add characters development, although I do feel the success on this part has more to do with the acting than the actual writing. The actors really make this work even when the dialog seems to a bit short on credibility or psychology. The
    There are 3 things that really impressed me with this game :
    - the music and how it's used
    - the acting
    - the visual artistic approach

The story is good, much better than in any game, and is interesting to watch because of the characters. I also found the ending very strong, because of the ambiguous feelings you get from it.

I'm a big fan of Half Life 2 and the Fallout series. In many ways, TLOU felt like an homage to these while being a sort of graphical upgrade. If Fallout 3 had the same graphics and the same level of voice acting, it would have been the game of the decade.

Where TLOU is very much lacking is on the gaming part. It's quite dumb and repetitive. No actual puzzle, the challenge is to find the exit of each map and that either involves sneaking past and optionally taking out humans or zombies (or infected, as they call them, like in 28 days later or world war z) and / or getting to the cut-scene that will give you access to the next area. Quite limited.

Also, there are quite a lot "dragon's lair" moments, as I call them. Dragon's lair was an experimental video game which was about watching an interactive cartoon and pressing the joystick button at the right moment. Well, in TLOU, there are many of those inept moments when you're asked to repeatedly press a key so that the cut-scene can go on. Most of the time, there's no challenge, no consequence and it mostly feels like a way to make sure you haven't fallen unsleep while the story goes on. Probably aimed at people with ADHD.

You can upgrade your characters and your weapons so that the game gets easier, but it doesn't affect the strategy you may use. There are a lot of things that are off like the companions walking on the feet of your enemies while you're sneaking, or the cut-scene showing your characters running away from something when you actually left a pile of body behind you and didn't feel any kind of hurry. Elements like gathering artifacts, pendants, and comics are... well... tedious and no fun at all. But I guess ND wanted to make sure you would explore every part of their gorgeous environments. In the end it doesn't help immersion. It's kind of weird being able to (somehow having to) waste a lot of time searching every corners when you're supposed to be on a mission of some kind. The scavenging part is very badly integrated and feels gratuitous.

That said, there are very strong moments in that story, even though the narration can feel quite sketchy. The winter part is probably my favorite, despite a rather clumsy narration, it succeeds in bringing intense emotions in its conclusion.

It's really a casual gamer's game, although a classy one. It also looks like a technical demo, although performed on rather dated hardware. But mostly, it's a piece of art that has video game elements in it.
  55. Jul 26, 2013
    While this wasn't the game I expected it to be, it is a great one none-the-less. It's basically uncharted with zombies when I was hoping for something more engaging and story-driven. However, I do feel as if it is being over hyped. It isn't The best game to come out for the last couple of years and certainly isn't a 10/10 in my books. Don't get me wrong it's a great game, just don't goWhile this wasn't the game I expected it to be, it is a great one none-the-less. It's basically uncharted with zombies when I was hoping for something more engaging and story-driven. However, I do feel as if it is being over hyped. It isn't The best game to come out for the last couple of years and certainly isn't a 10/10 in my books. Don't get me wrong it's a great game, just don't go out and buy a PS3 just for this game. Expand
  56. Aug 2, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. if you like... things. you will probobly love the last of us. this game is easily one of if not the best game i have ever experiensed. everything from the charecters to the story, the combat and the level design is top notch with a huge amout of polish like we have come to expect from a naughty dog game. Expand
  57. Aug 4, 2013
    By the time you read this review, I'm sure you have already decided to get this game or already owned it, beat it, and reflecting on the greatness that is "The Last of Us". From the creators of "Uncharted", "Jak and Daxter" and "Crash Bandicoot", Naughty Dog hits another grand slam with "The Last of Us". Without spoiling anything, I will say that the moment you start up the game, youBy the time you read this review, I'm sure you have already decided to get this game or already owned it, beat it, and reflecting on the greatness that is "The Last of Us". From the creators of "Uncharted", "Jak and Daxter" and "Crash Bandicoot", Naughty Dog hits another grand slam with "The Last of Us". Without spoiling anything, I will say that the moment you start up the game, you instantly care about these characters. You will feel for them, cry with them, and laugh with them all the way through. The controls are solid for the most part. Sometimes I'd have a camera problem and the dark parts, even with a flashlight, was very hard to see anything and had me wandering around in darkness until I found where I had to go even on my second playthrough. But even with that in mind, "The Last of Us" gives what anyone could ever want in a game and stands for how gaming has evolved over time with rich stories and beautiful graphics. Easily the best game of this generation. Expand
  58. Aug 4, 2013
    Naughty Dog hit it out of the park with this one. This is the best game I've played to date. The main characters Joel and Ellie are absolutely phenomenal characters. The human emotion of the game will suck you in from the start. It's very hard to write about the game without giving anything away. All I can say is buy this game. I thought it would be a one and done, but I found myselfNaughty Dog hit it out of the park with this one. This is the best game I've played to date. The main characters Joel and Ellie are absolutely phenomenal characters. The human emotion of the game will suck you in from the start. It's very hard to write about the game without giving anything away. All I can say is buy this game. I thought it would be a one and done, but I found myself playing it again in case I missed anything. I would very much like to see a sequel. Expand
  59. Aug 8, 2013
    I'm not even going to write a review. I played the game three damn times. Worth $60 at that point. Multiplayer to boot. Best campaign I have played in years. Anyone that gives this game less than an 8 has sand in their crotch and the taste of a pre-pubescent, CoD whoring, Mt. Dew drinking child.
  60. Sep 18, 2013
    I'd been looking forward to this game for months and when it was released i have to say i was disappointed, it didn't grab me from the start, i found it a bit linear and there was nothing new going on, and after a few plays it got put back on the shelf. I picked it up again last month and tried again and this time without any of the expectation i had last time i was completely drawn in toI'd been looking forward to this game for months and when it was released i have to say i was disappointed, it didn't grab me from the start, i found it a bit linear and there was nothing new going on, and after a few plays it got put back on the shelf. I picked it up again last month and tried again and this time without any of the expectation i had last time i was completely drawn in to Joel and Ellie's world, it has got to be the must captivating game i have ever played, and i've been gaming for longer than most gamers have been alive! I loved the characters and the story, it was all quite believable, the game play was excellent, i loved how you could explore some sections without coming across another living think (though you expect something to jump out round every corner!). By the end i didn't want to stop playing. Sequel? Probably, they wouldn't invest this much time and energy(cash!) into developing a game like this then not try to milk it a little more, but in a way i hope not as it can't hope to live up to the first! Expand
  61. Aug 7, 2013
    Best PS3 game ever! Buy it now!!
    if you do not buy this, you really are missing out on a game that will most likely go down into history as being the best game the PS3 has to offer.
  62. Aug 10, 2013
    The last time I enjoyed a game so much was in 2010, but now, those 3 years i been waiting were no in vain The Last of Us makes it in all the possible ways 11/10, there is no reason to not buy this game
  63. Aug 10, 2013
    i didn't really into the idea to get the developers of Crash Bandicoot to make uncharted but it was a good game i must say this game is just uncharted with zombies and a teen girl. the guns are not that good including the bow which made me sad because i ALWAYS use the bow. i have not got far in the game but the multiplayer is good. i think it needs a 5-10. like this review give it a likei didn't really into the idea to get the developers of Crash Bandicoot to make uncharted but it was a good game i must say this game is just uncharted with zombies and a teen girl. the guns are not that good including the bow which made me sad because i ALWAYS use the bow. i have not got far in the game but the multiplayer is good. i think it needs a 5-10. like this review give it a like and ill see you later Expand
  64. Aug 31, 2013
    Simply put the last of us is the best PS3 exclusive there is and by a long way at that. It's also a contender for game of the year. The story, characters, world, voice acting, gameplay mechanics and graphics are all phenomenal. Some might think not another zombie game and technically this is not a zombie game but man it's the best zombie game there is. The makers of Uncharted Naughty DogSimply put the last of us is the best PS3 exclusive there is and by a long way at that. It's also a contender for game of the year. The story, characters, world, voice acting, gameplay mechanics and graphics are all phenomenal. Some might think not another zombie game and technically this is not a zombie game but man it's the best zombie game there is. The makers of Uncharted Naughty Dog have done it again and if you're think does it play like uncharted it does but only better. Also this might be a surprise for some the online multiplayer is really, really good and very addictive. Now you won't be getting this game for online multiplayer because the story mode is one of the best in gaming history but from a guy who doesn't play much online and even less shooters the last of us online multiplayer is phenomenal. If there's one game to get this year for PS3 make it the last of us. Expand
  65. Aug 19, 2013
    The hardened survivor Joel must lead a young girl named Ellie across post-apocalyptic America. That is the bare bones of the amazing game known as the Last of Us. The game made by the astounding developer Naughty Dog. The story is pretty good, with two factions battling for control of America while an infectious fungus ravages America. It is well done, but not ground breaking. The gameThe hardened survivor Joel must lead a young girl named Ellie across post-apocalyptic America. That is the bare bones of the amazing game known as the Last of Us. The game made by the astounding developer Naughty Dog. The story is pretty good, with two factions battling for control of America while an infectious fungus ravages America. It is well done, but not ground breaking. The game play is intense and brutal. You fight two types of enemies in the game: infected and humans. When fighting the infected, the game takes more of a survival horror. Without spoiling anything, I have a complaint about one of the enemies found later in the game. No, it's not because they were too hard, or too scary. They just felt like something that would be better put in a Left 4 Dead game rather than the Last of Us. Onto the Humans. The humans felt realistic and acted like would real survivors would react if the apocalypse really happened. Though, I felt a bit disappointed by them after watching the E3 Game play Video. It showed them more human and relate able due to more dialogue in the video. But despite this, they were very well put together. The A.I was very good for infected in my first play through. Game play overall was really good. But the star of the show is the characters. Don't expect any stereotypical characters in The Last of Us. All of them are well voice acted and believable. Especially Ellie, your potty mouthed companion.
    In the end, The Last of Us is an amazing game with great characters and game play. It's not the Game of the Generation, but it is one of the best games I've ever played.
  66. Aug 20, 2013
    The Last of Us takes some of the most cliché gaming concepts (post-apocalyptic world caused by a virus, big mature guy protecting a little girl) and executes them in the best way possible. It creates the most heart-wrenching scenes which become more and more impactful as the story goes on and as the relationship between Joel and Ellie get stronger. Though often viewed as the protagonist,The Last of Us takes some of the most cliché gaming concepts (post-apocalyptic world caused by a virus, big mature guy protecting a little girl) and executes them in the best way possible. It creates the most heart-wrenching scenes which become more and more impactful as the story goes on and as the relationship between Joel and Ellie get stronger. Though often viewed as the protagonist, Joel doesn't seem much like one simply because of his actions and decisions, which is not often seen in games. It shows how far people are willing to go at a time like this. It brings out the best and the worst in people and to me, that is why this game is amazing. Expand
  67. Aug 21, 2013
    Honestly i can't believe that anyone would decide to give it 0... that is just retarded, the game is beautifull, at least aknowledge that. i don't need to say anything that other haven't said about the story and gameplay, but this game kept me hooked like no other game ever before. I have the attention span of 5 year old kid with ADHD, and still my buttcheeks were aching from sittingHonestly i can't believe that anyone would decide to give it 0... that is just retarded, the game is beautifull, at least aknowledge that. i don't need to say anything that other haven't said about the story and gameplay, but this game kept me hooked like no other game ever before. I have the attention span of 5 year old kid with ADHD, and still my buttcheeks were aching from sitting still in the same position for 10 hours straight. If you do not like this you're kind of dull man Expand
  68. Aug 22, 2013
    Let me be the first to say this game is not without its problems (some AI glitches and a few other glitches) but what i can say is that what this game does right, it does SO RIGHT. The story is the best i've played and the game play although it doesn't recreate the survival/horror series, but it refines it and remains to this date the best game i have ever played.
  69. Aug 25, 2013
    This game is a masterpiece. One of the best games a developer has created for quite awhile, barring two or three other games this year. I see alot of people saying its overhyped, over rated and if it hadn't been Naughty Dogs game, it would have failed. Thousands of people can't be wrong. Its our job to build or crumble hype for a game, and if we are over hyping it, then make theThis game is a masterpiece. One of the best games a developer has created for quite awhile, barring two or three other games this year. I see alot of people saying its overhyped, over rated and if it hadn't been Naughty Dogs game, it would have failed. Thousands of people can't be wrong. Its our job to build or crumble hype for a game, and if we are over hyping it, then make the connection. I hadn't even heard of this game until I spotted it in a shop, I had no preconceptions and the copy I purchased had no ratings or stars dictating how the game did. I went into it completely neutral. I was astonished. Its visually beautiful, unrivaled in my opinion. Its in game sequences and pre rendered cut scenes are stunning. The gameplay is tried and true, reminiscent of many games before, Dead Space, Resident Evil 4. But its the heavy controls and updated stealth mechanics that truly let the game shine. Its heart in your mouth, blood pumping adrenaline tension. Many developers rely on visuals and gameplay to drive a video game, often throwing a half hearted plot in for that little extra push. But The Last of Us is a heartfelt, movie style storyline. It moves you, scares you, and leaves you with a yearning for more. But perhaps the biggest part of this game that sells it, is the characters. Joel and Ellie. Their chemistry was amazing, both learning and growing off of each other. I had two problems with the games though. Something I like to call the unmovable Ellie. I was annoyed that in most parts if Ellie stood in a doorway you would be unable to move her. I was also frustrated by how any survivor you travel with makes alot of noise or even runs in front of the enemy and isn't even noticed. But as a whole this game is fantastic. Recommended to everyone. Expand
  70. Aug 24, 2013
    Masterpiece. This is one of the better games that i play i all my life all is incredible the dynamic game play,graphics,characters,history,ITS SO PERFECT. Another masterpiece make by naughty dog
  71. Feb 18, 2014
    As many of you know this a naught dog production, the same developers which produced the stellar uncharted series. It is set in a future post-apolyptic desolate setting of america and is based round a few key and vital characters. The story is about survival and gathering resources for your character to use in crafting aid items, weapon upgrades etc. The game is linear in nature howeverAs many of you know this a naught dog production, the same developers which produced the stellar uncharted series. It is set in a future post-apolyptic desolate setting of america and is based round a few key and vital characters. The story is about survival and gathering resources for your character to use in crafting aid items, weapon upgrades etc. The game is linear in nature however not that it detracts from its special cinematic sequences or it's beautiful yet eerie setting, plus there is subtle player choice to be had in naughty dog's latest outing say upgrading your weapons, crafting molotovs and first aid items like in rage the video game, very similar. The main aspects of the last of us is its realistic and wonderful graphics, stellar voice acting/animation and the feeling that grips you tight of how close you get to the two main characters in the game. There is certainly a emotional link to them throughout your adventure, and in time it will only grow. the combat system in the game is for the most part very smooth and fluid-like, you can sprint, jog, vault, take cover, sneak etc which all helps to take out your enemies in a stealthy manner or in a brutal, satisfying way. The game does from a story point of view pulls you right in and doesn't let go. It is a mix of survival horror/action adventure with both elements ever so subtle and seamless in their exchange. The aiming in the game is quite bothersome and has a lot of natural sway on the reticle, which can be reduced slightly by finding supplements and herbs to upgrade it with. The level design in the game is top notch, It is very diverse and with that allows you utter freedom to play the game how you want. The story line is very simple but expertly well done. And the ending in my opinion is truly satisfying and well scripted. The attention to detail with the graphics is outstanding, everything is so ironically full of life and colour, the water effects excel with everything i have ever seen. I do however have some minor gripes, but due to being so minor that they do not affect my final score, but there are infrequent graphical bugs, with items disappearing and entire parts of the game as well, but there are seldom seen and only last barely a second. And you can only alter the sensitivity of both analog sticks rather than individually change them. Also the cover mechanic is automated and sometimes you simply cannot stick to a certain wall and on occasion has given my position away. And i do also wish the survival skill system was more abundant in which you had more choice on given gameplay aspects like vaulting and running speed, melee moves, etc. The enemies are fantastic within the game and choose random paths, are quite perceptive and just generally fun to take out. The game has a multiplayer mode which has several modes and about 11 maps, the survival skills, crafting system, weapons, and gameplay mechanics are borrowed from the campaign, which is a good thing. It always for a slow paced and tense experience, certain mechanics are tweaked to allow for a more smoother and balanced play. And is generally a lot of fun, and the one of few multiplayers in which i have enjoyed and dedicated a lot of my time to. But with all the praise, the main reason i love this game is the colourful cast of characters and the emotionally driven storyline. Its a pure gem of a game and one that ill be playing for some years, a masterpiece. Expand
  72. Aug 27, 2013
    Frankly, it's the game of the generation or at least a heavy competitor.
    Naughty has proven itself worthy when it comes to making great and intriguing games, but none have reached the standard and scope like the Last Of Us does.
    Frankly, it's the game of the generation or at least a heavy competitor.
    Right from the offset, you are placed into a world that instantly swallows you up, and has you investing yourself in the main characters the whole way through, straight to it's very tight conclusion.
    Right from the get go, there is a general sense of awareness that the game manages to hold through and through. It understands what it is at it's heart and core, a game, and doesn't lack or overburden itself with unnecessary cut-scenes to tell it's story, allowing the players to truly live out their own experiences and their own viewpoints as they happen.
    The balance of flow is nothing short of spot on when it comes to mixing gameplay with the overall story, which never feels intrusive, unlike some other games that throw exposition at you, in attempting to make you care, when you probably don't give two ****'s.
    Though not a ten out of ten, it is surely a 9.8, and a game deserving of the praise that it is getting.
    Perhaps we have all been over-hyped out of our minds, but there is something special about this game I feel. One that we will look back upon as something marvelous that changed the way games represent themselves amongst other media forms.

And as any form of quick criticism: "Come on, Bill. If you're telling me to be quiet, don't go f***ing stampeding like a roided up Rhino."
  73. Aug 30, 2013
    This game needs to be played by everyone. Such a masterpiece. Don't go into the game expecting anything but a bleak, yet beautiful world. The environmental story telling in this game alone is enough to take you into the world imagined by the talented creators at Naughty Dog.
  74. Sep 1, 2013
    The Last of Us is a must-play title for any PS3 owner who's not squeamish about violence and depressing subject matter. It has flaws, but they don't detract from the overall experience, and at worst, the game could use a little more interaction. If you can get it cheep, get it!
  75. Oct 11, 2013
    everything in this game is super mother awesome
    the grapichs
    the gameplay
    the story
    the grapichs
    the multiplayer
    the ending
    if you dont like this game you are a retard
  76. Sep 23, 2013
    Naughty Dog has never produced anything original or inventive! Just as Crash Bandicoot ripped off Mario, The Last of Us is a rip off! Ha! This game needs to be called "Metal Gear Evil"! That's essentially what the game is! It's Solid Snake Redfield and Juno meet the Walking Dead and 28 Weeks Later! It follows the Resident Evil 5 formula, seemingly big open area turned into a linearNaughty Dog has never produced anything original or inventive! Just as Crash Bandicoot ripped off Mario, The Last of Us is a rip off! Ha! This game needs to be called "Metal Gear Evil"! That's essentially what the game is! It's Solid Snake Redfield and Juno meet the Walking Dead and 28 Weeks Later! It follows the Resident Evil 5 formula, seemingly big open area turned into a linear exploration escort mission, but the combat is ripped straight from Metal Gear Solid! Don't get me wrong, it's a great game, but you're better off renting than buying. It's only 20-ish hours of game play at the most. Expand
  77. Sep 13, 2013
    incredible, masterpiece best game iv ever played by a long way the game playis amazing and the storyline is absolutely incredible, mind blowing, brilliant
  78. Sep 16, 2013
    WOW......................................................................................................................... AMAZING. It's so sad that there likely won't be any other games near the scope of The Last of Us, it's simply too good. I feel so grateful that I had an opportunity to experience this game, the impact that it has on you is very strong, and so real. Best game of theWOW......................................................................................................................... AMAZING. It's so sad that there likely won't be any other games near the scope of The Last of Us, it's simply too good. I feel so grateful that I had an opportunity to experience this game, the impact that it has on you is very strong, and so real. Best game of the decade, no doubt. Expand
  79. Feb 3, 2014
    Basically Uncharted with zombies!
    This game is very linear and brings nothing new to any gameplay mechanic that has been used in any third person action game. The story is spectacular yes, but I don't buy video games to watch a movie! What matters to me is gameplay, and this is the same gripe I have with uncharted: the gameplay is simply lacking
  80. Sep 18, 2013
    An amazing game that left me thinking about it days after I beat it. The characters are fleshed out and are some of the must truly human characters I've seen. A must own for any ps3 owner.
  81. Oct 8, 2013
    Fantastic game, by far one of the best that I have ever played. Sure it may not boast the most intuitive gameplay but that is not to say that there is anything wrong with it. The soundtrack is flawless, the characters are very dynamic and real and the storyline is intriguing. This game easily deserves GOTY.
  82. Sep 26, 2013
    The best game ever. Simple............................................................................................................................
  83. Sep 27, 2013
    Perfect story Perfect single multi modes. Amazing graphics. Beautiful music. If you have PS3 and you don't have The Last of Us, why you have PS3 then?
  84. Sep 28, 2013
    Really this game is masterpiece and eventhough it is linear experience; a lot of people is complaining about that the uncharted games were more fun this game is not for fun this is a work of art and for the people who thought it was going to be an uncharted with zombies and are "dissapointed" YOU this is the combination of all what we love about zombie survival horror in a game. I neverReally this game is masterpiece and eventhough it is linear experience; a lot of people is complaining about that the uncharted games were more fun this game is not for fun this is a work of art and for the people who thought it was going to be an uncharted with zombies and are "dissapointed" YOU this is the combination of all what we love about zombie survival horror in a game. I never thought that naughty dog was going to be the game deceloper that raise the zombie apocaliptic genre in gaming really, THIS IS THE GAME OF OUR GENERATION but sure it has their zombie movie cliches but sometimes you are like HOLY WHY HE DID THAT. It has mostly no bugs a great ending perfect for a sequel. I hope next year a new uncharted game So as tlou. Expand
  85. Oct 3, 2013
    Simply a masterpiece. This is the must play title of this generation. So well developed with high production value. This game will stick with you and will keep you talking about it for many years to come.
  86. Oct 4, 2013
    Certainly a game to make history!! Gameplay, scene, plot and very attractive. A nice thing for me is the difficult level, from novice to hard, because some people just want to play and watch the storyline without the boring to try and try to get some stage. About the brief, if you like The walking dead, for sure this game is for you.
  87. Oct 5, 2013
    Months later and I am still thinking about this game and the emotional journey it took me on.

Bleak and uplifting at the same time. Mature story telling at its finest.

A masterpiece.
  88. Oct 6, 2013
    Totally masterpiece. Writing, voice acting and especially the story was so awesome story is so emotional game-play is so good not boring not hard totally good. Characters is so deep so dark none of them is cliché good or bad characters
    Could be best game of all time
  89. Oct 8, 2013
    One of the best games I've ever played, PERIOD. It's been amazing to grow up with Naught Dog to see them only getting better and better. Is this their magnum opus? I guess we'll have to wait and see their future projects. However, this is my pick for game of the year and possibly for this console generation; it's just that good. The characters, graphics, story, music, and game play wereOne of the best games I've ever played, PERIOD. It's been amazing to grow up with Naught Dog to see them only getting better and better. Is this their magnum opus? I guess we'll have to wait and see their future projects. However, this is my pick for game of the year and possibly for this console generation; it's just that good. The characters, graphics, story, music, and game play were just all so outstanding. This game is the complete package. It will be always remembered as one of the best games ever made. Expand
  90. Oct 9, 2013
    Easily the best game I've ever played on a ps3 alongside metal gear solid 4....remarkable game!!!

The story is amazing,you will get attached to the characters from beginning of the game,whoever owns a ps3 system,this game is a must BUY,you will love it!!!
  91. Oct 10, 2013
    The Last of Us is an experience that is rarely witnessed in video games. I have never played a video game that has questioned the moral choices of the player, not in a Mass Effect way, but in a way that makes the player wonder if they agree with the actions of Joel and Ellie. And speaking of Ellie, she is one of the all time great female characters in all of media in my opinion: Brave,The Last of Us is an experience that is rarely witnessed in video games. I have never played a video game that has questioned the moral choices of the player, not in a Mass Effect way, but in a way that makes the player wonder if they agree with the actions of Joel and Ellie. And speaking of Ellie, she is one of the all time great female characters in all of media in my opinion: Brave, loyal, funny and arguably, the glue that holds the Joel and Ellie partnership together, something that is greatly questioned and emphasized in the game at a certain moment. In addition, the graphics are supreme, the motion-capture and voice acting is incredible, the tense and dangerous atmosphere and gameplay is a reminder of the early Resident Evil games, and the story is one of the all time greats in any form of media.
    In conclusion, a wonderful, heart-breaking and brutal experience that the people at Naughty Dog should be showered in praise for. This game is one of the all time greats and is a diamond in the crown of Sony and Naughty Dog
  92. Oct 10, 2013
    If you were in a time when the world is coming to an end, and there was a chance to save it why not give up that chance for the ones you love, despite on its costs? Naughty Dog dares to answer that question in making one of the most emotional, brutally violent, understandable experiences I've ever played and that is The Last of Us, one of the most critically-acclaimed games of 2013 thusIf you were in a time when the world is coming to an end, and there was a chance to save it why not give up that chance for the ones you love, despite on its costs? Naughty Dog dares to answer that question in making one of the most emotional, brutally violent, understandable experiences I've ever played and that is The Last of Us, one of the most critically-acclaimed games of 2013 thus far, and again, the best game on the PS3 this year. From the tragic moments of the prologue to the brutal action sequences, unexpected plot twists (deaths, betrayals, and change-of-minds), and the non-easy conclusion (which will not forgotten by those who will or had play it) it was worth playing it all for over (depending on your skill and profession) between 9 and 17 hours of campaign mode. The multiplayer is also a big highlight, as well, but nearly all of its shine comes from the single-player mode, which contains amazing performances (particularly of Troy Baker and Ashley Johnson as our two heroes), an impressive amount of gameplay mixed with an outstanding story, and one of the greatest video game scores of all time. Traveling with Joel and Ellie across the United States is one of the most memorable experiences I've ever had in gaming, and it has been a honor playing Naughty Dog's last love letter to the PS3. Thanks for what you done for this console, Naughty Dog. Now, I have a smile on my face. Expand
  93. Oct 11, 2013
    This game is just perfect. So emotionall title with brilliant characters and fantastic story. Easy one of the best game i ever play and the best in this year. Must have!
  94. Oct 11, 2013
    It was the best game of my entire life.
    1.Awesome story
    2.Well constructed characters
    3.Wonderful places to play and Playing eerie environments
    4.The gameplay is varied and unrepeatable and Innovative
  95. Oct 11, 2013
    I give this game a 5/10 because it contains only half the required components for a great videogame. The story was compelling, the characters were hilarious, and the graphics beautiful. However, that's all. The gameplay was identical to all the Uncharted games. You play a seemingly invincible character who slaughters hundreds of infected/bandits. And between sequences of mercilessI give this game a 5/10 because it contains only half the required components for a great videogame. The story was compelling, the characters were hilarious, and the graphics beautiful. However, that's all. The gameplay was identical to all the Uncharted games. You play a seemingly invincible character who slaughters hundreds of infected/bandits. And between sequences of merciless slaughter you got to watch a beautiful cutscene...Only for it to lead into another sequence of merciless slaughter. Rinse and repeat for 15 hours and that's 'The Last of Us."

Remove all those shooting sequences, what are you left with? A movie. If I wanted to watch movie I'd go to my local theater and pay 12 bucks as opposed to 60. "The Last of Us" lacks all the things needed to make it a videogame.

There's a one button crafting system that relies on the same three ingredients. That's only other game mechanic besides walking and shooting. (Oh and sometimes hiding and shooting.) The only puzzles in the game relied on floating pallets and witty banter. Sometimes moving a plank or two.

When I saw countless "10/10" scores, I was expecting something groundbreaking. I wanted to be as wowed as everybody else, I really did. But as the credits rolled, I had to search for a reason to like the game; and didn't come up with anything. I didn't feel rewarded for completing the game whatsoever.

For those curious, I played the game on easy because I feel that a good game should stand up on its own, regardless of the difficulty of the enemies.
  96. Oct 15, 2013
    This game is probably the best game ever released for the PS3. Naughty Dog did an astounding job on this work of art. The story between Joel and Ellie feels genuine and impacted me throughout the game. The voice acting is top notch and the gameplay is awesome. The graphics as well were amazing and get me excited for the PS4. The only thing that was kinda game-breaking in any way was theThis game is probably the best game ever released for the PS3. Naughty Dog did an astounding job on this work of art. The story between Joel and Ellie feels genuine and impacted me throughout the game. The voice acting is top notch and the gameplay is awesome. The graphics as well were amazing and get me excited for the PS4. The only thing that was kinda game-breaking in any way was the A.I didn't notice Ellie even though she was right in front of them, but that's explained by the developers so it's not a big deal. If you haven't bought this game yet, go right now and get it. You are missing out. Expand
  97. Oct 19, 2013
    Um jogo Otimo.Tenho jogado ele e descobri algumas notas que eu posso dizer: Controles:9.5 Dificuldade:9.7Um jogo Otimo.Tenho jogado ele e descobri algumas notas que eu posso dizer: Controles:9.5 Dificuldade:9.7 Graficos:9.1 Nota final:9.4 Eu pus poucas notas mas o jogo e otimo!!!!!!!!!!! Expand
  98. Oct 20, 2013
    In my opinion it only looks great. Story maybe is good but there is nothing new in it, we have seen it hundreds of time in movies about zombies! Also game it self is not very challenging and sometimes even boring. After first finish Im not going to do it again as I wont find anything new.
  99. Add
    Oct 21, 2013
    This is so much more then a game. It's an experience. Truly impressive from start to finish, this is the best of the best in video games period. A must play for any gamer no matter what console you own. Can't say enough about this game..... Just play it.
  100. Oct 27, 2013
    Although it isn't a perfect game, it still is one of the best games ever made. This game takes mechanics from many games, and improves on it without feeling undeveloped and it has seemingly made it's own mechanics. The story follows a great framework with characters being it's driving point, not plot unlike many games today. This game has the right idea of realistic horror, it does notAlthough it isn't a perfect game, it still is one of the best games ever made. This game takes mechanics from many games, and improves on it without feeling undeveloped and it has seemingly made it's own mechanics. The story follows a great framework with characters being it's driving point, not plot unlike many games today. This game has the right idea of realistic horror, it does not bring the jumpscares it brings atmosphere and a real disease in a environment you would likely see in your everyday life.

In short it's likely one of the best games ever made. However preference has made it not my most favorite game of all time but 5th best game of all time. In terms of quality however, it is my number 1 game of all time.

1. Sep 16, 2013
  2. Sep 10, 2013
  3. Despite the breakneck pace of the prologue, it takes quite a while for The Last of Us to pick up some speed again. However, once the cold harsh winter arrives, the action (and story) ramps up. So much so, it puts most Hollywood productions to shame. [July 2013, p.76]