• Publisher: SCEA
  • Release Date: Jun 14, 2013
9.1

1. Jun 25, 2013
    A beautiful and emotional piece of art. A magical world that is completed by amazing characters. All items are brought to perfection, is one of the more important games in the history of the computer game.
  2. Nov 7, 2013
    The fact that this gets such rave reviews is a testament to the fact that the video game industry needs real writers. The story is...alright, really. If this was a move or TV series, I strongly believe it would have gotten a tepid reaction -unnecessary plot lines, strange pacing, filler segments, predictable twists, erratic behavior/ out of character moments, ect... but for game writingThe fact that this gets such rave reviews is a testament to the fact that the video game industry needs real writers. The story is...alright, really. If this was a move or TV series, I strongly believe it would have gotten a tepid reaction -unnecessary plot lines, strange pacing, filler segments, predictable twists, erratic behavior/ out of character moments, ect... but for game writing it's awesome, the characters are usually believable, the acting is good and the core of the story is solid, and those are the primary merits of the game. Those are the reasons that no-one is mentioning the samey enemies (I feel like I fought about three types of guys who were continuously re-skinned throughout the game) nobody mentions the copious backtracking that occurs throughout the game, nobody mentions the wonky controls which make it difficult to land precise shots on rapidly moving enemies, nobody dwells on getting lost inside stages with little indication on where to go/what to do to progress (I'm looking at you University Stage). Honestly, they delivered a solid experience on most fronts, but thanks to pushing the envelop on the story front for video games, where honestly the bar isn't all that high, everyone forgets to nitpick the game play and level design features and fall head over heels for the game.
    I lost my motivation to play around the time that I had to backtrack through waves of generic spawns (why are their so many bandits raiding abandoned locations in the post apocalypse where humanity is barely hanging by a thread, anyway?) after discovering the abandoned firefly base. I basically forced myself to play out the rest of the game, partially because I had invested so much time in it, and partially because I thought I was closer to the end than I, in fact, was.
    It should be obvious that I wasn't quite as enamored with the story as the majority of reviewers, but I think that most of those reviews would find that, if they put the story aside, what's underneath is a solid, but unremarkable action/stealth game hybrid. Hardly the pinnacle of PS3 gaming that it's being touted as.
  3. Jun 14, 2013
    Probably the most emotive and engaging game I have played in years. The shooting mechanics and repetitive combat are the only reasons this doesn't get a 10
  4. Jun 15, 2013
    Im giving this game a 10 out of 10, wish I could give it more. This game is a mixture of amazing voice acting, stunning visuals, great graphics,immersive AND believe world, realistic and attaching characters, and some solid and smooth stealth gameplay. Overall this game is right down my alley in terms of what I like, story driven game, post-apocalyptic world, AMAZING soundtrack. Masterpiece.
  5. Jun 15, 2013
    15 hours in this game i dont know why people talkin about graphics,graphics are insane legendary gameplay ,great conversation it is a masterpiece.
  6. Jun 16, 2013
    Very dark, brutal, and visceral game. The depiction of the last surviving humans after a apocalyptic/extinction event, has never been shown better in a video game. After completing the game, and looking back at everything that took place, I kind of understand not only the main characters but the actions taken by everyone in the game. Gameplay is fairly simplistic and perhaps a littleVery dark, brutal, and visceral game. The depiction of the last surviving humans after a apocalyptic/extinction event, has never been shown better in a video game. After completing the game, and looking back at everything that took place, I kind of understand not only the main characters but the actions taken by everyone in the game. Gameplay is fairly simplistic and perhaps a little repetitive for some, and is the only reason its not getting a 10, However the game excels with the voice performances and writing. Expand
  7. Jun 14, 2013
    This game is superb. I'm at a loss of words when trying to figure out how Naughty Dog could come up with such a masterpiece, but yet again, when have they not? This is a must own for ALL gamers.
  8. Jun 16, 2013
    Honestly one of the best games I have ever played in my life. The Last of Us is a step forward for story telling and art in the form of games. A dark, sad, story about survival despite enormous loss that should not be missed by anyone. It's games like this that make me want to shove a controller into someone's hands who thinks of video games as simply something nerdy boys do. This shouldHonestly one of the best games I have ever played in my life. The Last of Us is a step forward for story telling and art in the form of games. A dark, sad, story about survival despite enormous loss that should not be missed by anyone. It's games like this that make me want to shove a controller into someone's hands who thinks of video games as simply something nerdy boys do. This should be experienced by everyone. Expand
  9. Jun 17, 2013
    To Every low score reviewer. 98% of you have nothing to say other than, 'this game is overrated.' You (the reviewers) aren't writing a legitimate review, it's more of a bashing. Some of you seem to write your negative review and somewhere in there write how Bioshock Infinite is a better game...come on, are we really going to take you people seriously. Clearly biased. Besides BioshockTo Every low score reviewer. 98% of you have nothing to say other than, 'this game is overrated.' You (the reviewers) aren't writing a legitimate review, it's more of a bashing. Some of you seem to write your negative review and somewhere in there write how Bioshock Infinite is a better game...come on, are we really going to take you people seriously. Clearly biased. Besides Bioshock infinite has a score of 9.4/8.5 so your argument is invalid. Giving this game a 0 is unnecessary. You clearly have a sour taste in your mouth. A game of this caliber does other deserve a zero. There are FAR worse. Let's just put it this way, your all haters.

-my review in a nutshell-
    Compelling story.
    Great graphics.
    Smooth game play.
    Entertaining Multiplayer.
  10. Jun 14, 2013
    This is how a game should be. This is a masterpiece. This is art. Best adventure/horrorgame I played this year. I don't know why evert character in this game touched my heart; non is forgetable. Amazing! The graphic is just mind blow. The story is mind blow. My mind is blown away. I am fasibated in the world created in this game. Love this game. Deserve every cent. Got it on day one. GetThis is how a game should be. This is a masterpiece. This is art. Best adventure/horrorgame I played this year. I don't know why evert character in this game touched my heart; non is forgetable. Amazing! The graphic is just mind blow. The story is mind blow. My mind is blown away. I am fasibated in the world created in this game. Love this game. Deserve every cent. Got it on day one. Get it people. Irs a must have foreach and every PS3 owner and every real gamer who appreciates real games...and art. Oh man its just so cool. So awsome.it deserved a 10 Expand
  11. Jun 15, 2013
    Very nice game. I play something about 2 hours, but was enough to make this review.
    The graphics is the best of ps3, however make we miss the next gen or a game for hardcore pc.

The story is very nice, the ambient is very beatiful. I didnt look for multiplayer yet.
  12. Jun 15, 2013
    I have to comment on other's reviews on this game. Some say the beginning is boring and takes long to start bu really if you cant enjoy a good story and prefer action junkie games that is fine, no need for your comments.The multiplayer is amazing! Never have i seen a game push players to use stealth like this game I rated this 10 because for one thing, great facial expression. NothingI have to comment on other's reviews on this game. Some say the beginning is boring and takes long to start bu really if you cant enjoy a good story and prefer action junkie games that is fine, no need for your comments.The multiplayer is amazing! Never have i seen a game push players to use stealth like this game I rated this 10 because for one thing, great facial expression. Nothing makes me feel better than putting someone in a sleeper hold and being able to turn the camera and see the perfeft expression, rather than most games where they pass out with this face And *short tiny unimportant spoiler) when the first important character dies, the FACIAL EXPRESSION URGHHH eminated real emotions :P anyways completely worth the money. Why are you still reading this you could've bought the game already and seen for yourself. ALSO if you can't appreciate a good game and prefer something like Dead Island, I pity your console. Expand
  13. Jun 14, 2013
    Yet another amazing game from the studio Naughty Dog. Phenomenal voice acting, gameplay, soundtrack, immersion, atmosphere. The multiplayer is also very interesting with its tense, strategic, gameplay mechanics. You know you are getting your money's worth and more when you purchase a Naughty Dog game.
  14. Jun 15, 2013
    One of the best games this gen. I'm not overhyping it to get people to buy it. Nope. This is a genuine review. The Last of Us is a masterpiece, in ever way. From story to gameplay to graphics (which might not seem that impressive to some after the next gen reveals at E3) to voice acting, etc. The game is simply perfect. Get it as soon as possible.
  15. Jun 15, 2013
    TLOU is the best game I have ever played to date. Never mind about the negative comments which I believe came from users who never played the game. If you are a gamer get this game ASAP.
  16. Jun 15, 2013
    A masterpiece! What I look for in a game is how well I am immersed. This game is completely gripping. Its long there is no follow me markers on the characters and it seamlessly blends realism and fiction. Just Incredibly well done. Did I mention how gorgeous the graphics are?
  17. Jun 14, 2013
    Para empezar era de ver que la pagina Quarter to Three le daba puntaje bajo, porque esto no es un Zen Pinball! y para todos los que les gusten los shooter no compren The Last of Us, por que esto no lo es! Es un excelente juego realizado, por su en foque, de dos personas totalmente distintas, tratando de sobrevivir! a música de Gustavo Santaolalla es tremenda mente genial! los gráficosPara empezar era de ver que la pagina Quarter to Three le daba puntaje bajo, porque esto no es un Zen Pinball! y para todos los que les gusten los shooter no compren The Last of Us, por que esto no lo es! Es un excelente juego realizado, por su en foque, de dos personas totalmente distintas, tratando de sobrevivir! a música de Gustavo Santaolalla es tremenda mente genial! los gráficos son realmente geniales, el entorno, la atmósfera que transmite el juego es genial! al que le gusta ir con paciencia y no corriendo y matando, este es tu juego para jugarlo muchas horas! Ojo a mi me gusta jugar flippers! Expand
  18. Jun 15, 2013
    I haven't finished yet but I can assure this game is one of the best experiences I had in my gamer live. It's like when you see Rapture fo the very first time, or when you summon your first Aeon in Final Fantasy X... i have no words to express that feeling about being in front something really bigger than you. But I have to say this sensations just keeps repeating over and over almostI haven't finished yet but I can assure this game is one of the best experiences I had in my gamer live. It's like when you see Rapture fo the very first time, or when you summon your first Aeon in Final Fantasy X... i have no words to express that feeling about being in front something really bigger than you. But I have to say this sensations just keeps repeating over and over almost every time an event occur in this game... Also the characters, even the secondary ones, are absolutely memorable and you can feel they are truly alive with their fears and motivations. The atmosphere is absolutely phenomenal with all those plants growing trough the city concrete, the dak zones where you need your torch (which finally it's of unlimited use). The game punishes you so hard if you play trigger happy or if you take damage relying on the health packs that you will realize how easy are the vast majority of the games we actually play. If you are looking for an Uncharted type of game with its one-liners, grenades, assault rifles,regenerative health bars... just forget it. If you want to live a different really hardcore experience with scarce checkpoints just buy the game, select the hard difficulty and let the game drive you to the best experience in gaming i had in years. Expand
  19. Jun 14, 2013
    this is the best game i have played in awhile and its better than bioshock threes story and that was very good. the graphics and the character facial expressions are amazing. the gameplay is fun u have multiple ways to approach killing humans and infected which causes u to change the way u approch the humans and infected. somebody spoiled the ending for me and i still am enjoying everythis is the best game i have played in awhile and its better than bioshock threes story and that was very good. the graphics and the character facial expressions are amazing. the gameplay is fun u have multiple ways to approach killing humans and infected which causes u to change the way u approch the humans and infected. somebody spoiled the ending for me and i still am enjoying every min i play. this game is a must buy Expand
  20. Jun 17, 2013
    As much as the game's presentation is fantastic, I can't help but escape the feeling that for most of the game, I'm playing a film. This screams great things for the graphics, level design and voice acting, however not being in the action can make the game feel slow and, at times, there is no real urgency to press on. On top of this, the game's difficulty appears to increase dramaticallyAs much as the game's presentation is fantastic, I can't help but escape the feeling that for most of the game, I'm playing a film. This screams great things for the graphics, level design and voice acting, however not being in the action can make the game feel slow and, at times, there is no real urgency to press on. On top of this, the game's difficulty appears to increase dramatically in the first few hours of the story; after complaining about one Clicker accompanied by three or four Runners (not because I thought it was too much, Clickers just require an element of tactical play), I was shortly presented with a situation in which I was expected to fend off upwards of three Clickers. Dying in what is effectively one hit can be frustrating, although it becomes quite rewarding when you achieve what you set out to in situations dealing with the infected.
    The Last of Us is without a doubt the best looking console game to have existed, and the immersive gameplay does well to keep you interested in the story. I cannot comment on the multiplayer as I have not yet tried it, however I have heard good things about it.
  21. Aug 20, 2013
    I have played this game three times so far and I am not bored or tired of it. The story and the characters keep bringing me back for more. The game, itself, is visually beautiful; the landscapes of nature and the decay of man's civilization are captured perfectly. The Game Play is easy to master. The collectibles add depth to the characters and the story, as well as give you newI have played this game three times so far and I am not bored or tired of it. The story and the characters keep bringing me back for more. The game, itself, is visually beautiful; the landscapes of nature and the decay of man's civilization are captured perfectly. The Game Play is easy to master. The collectibles add depth to the characters and the story, as well as give you new abilities in combat. Overall this game is almost without flaws. Get this game, submerge yourself in its world, explore the world and characters that naughty dog have created for us. Amazing. Expand
  22. Jun 14, 2013
    One of the few AAA games that doesn't presume you're a moron. It takes a bit to really get an idea of what the game is all about. It slowly builds momentum, then after a few hours you kinda feel like you're on a runaway train. Gameplay is very open, you can pretty much tackle every situation as you see fit. Fighting the human Ai isn't too hard, but the Clickers are very difficult. EitherOne of the few AAA games that doesn't presume you're a moron. It takes a bit to really get an idea of what the game is all about. It slowly builds momentum, then after a few hours you kinda feel like you're on a runaway train. Gameplay is very open, you can pretty much tackle every situation as you see fit. Fighting the human Ai isn't too hard, but the Clickers are very difficult. Either way, the stealth aspect is very rewarding. It's excellent, no doubt. Easy GOTY candidate. Expand
  23. Jun 14, 2013
    Perfection this game is awesome omg, must buy, recommended to anyone 17+, only suitable for the mature crowd, but what a ride. I simply dont understand the nay sayers, but as with anything there will be haters
  24. Jun 15, 2013
    One of the best games of all the generations. Innovative. Amazing. What I dont get is how people that cant play the game is so obseesed with lowering the socre. Some people just enter to put a 0 and lower the score. Some other just enter to put a yellow mark to lower the score and they lie saying that it is OVERRATED. come on! that`s pathetic. Those are the same who give remember me FOROne of the best games of all the generations. Innovative. Amazing. What I dont get is how people that cant play the game is so obseesed with lowering the socre. Some people just enter to put a 0 and lower the score. Some other just enter to put a yellow mark to lower the score and they lie saying that it is OVERRATED. come on! that`s pathetic. Those are the same who give remember me FOR XBOX pay attention to that detail.. a 10/10 masterpiece mark. Yeah.. How realible is their criteria huh? I can do nothing but laugh at their stupidity The game is a masterpiece simply as that. The ones who are real gamer will enjoy it. The ones who started playing this generation will eventually get bored since they doo not know nothing about videogamjes. I actually readone guy saying 10 minutes in cover because of the licer.. that is not fun at all'' Here`s your answer You suck at playing real video games.. Go and play Halo or COD or another generic shooter like fast food for the moroons with bitter taste :P ...

Wann keep fighting lowering the socre? Bring it on.. I`lll raise it till heaven.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  25. Jun 18, 2013
    The last of us is simple mind blowing, the story it tells and the way it tells it, along with the fluint gameplay makes this debatable the best game within the past 5 years, even better than telltales walking dead, 2k's bioshock infinite, better than ubisofts AC II. This is something you must own, theres no words to explain how good it is, honestly ive only come to find 1 glitch throughoutThe last of us is simple mind blowing, the story it tells and the way it tells it, along with the fluint gameplay makes this debatable the best game within the past 5 years, even better than telltales walking dead, 2k's bioshock infinite, better than ubisofts AC II. This is something you must own, theres no words to explain how good it is, honestly ive only come to find 1 glitch throughout the whole game and all it was was ellie going through me and that was once. It has only the most mior glitch it has great multiplayer that doesnt lag at all, it has the greatest campaign of all time. Expand
  26. Jun 15, 2013
    After a ridiculously long download time that set me back by an entire day, I finally played the game, and I'm at 46% completion (according to my save file).

I really like it, the slow movement actually works well with the pacing and seem very realistic. the characters are great, and the environments make sense. It's has some very classic survival horror elements (dark, claustrophobic

It's has some very classic survival horror elements (dark, claustrophobic areas, enemies that respond to different things (some sight, some sound). It works very well.

As for the downsides, they're mostly minor, I wish there was a wider array of melee options, large melee weapons are either 2x4's, baseball bats, or pipes, though you can attach blades to them later for a single use instant-kill).

The small melee weapons, are either bottles, or bricks... which might be my biggest gripe... why can't I use a big rock? or hell, I can use bat, why not the baseball? Hit someone in the face with a baseball, and you can do some serious damage...

The only bug I've come across was one time during a tough fight, The enemy got hung up on a railing that was below me, but still within striking distance, it basically allowed him to punch me to death, while I was unable to hit back or break loose, but that only happened the once.'

Overall, a GREAT game
  27. Jun 18, 2013
    Stellar graphics, Great Story, Awesome Gameplay. This game takes you on a rollercoaster of emotions, so don't even think about missing it. It is honestly like playing a movie.
  28. Jul 25, 2013
    This game IS over rated. I can't imagine all the perfect scores failed me AGAIN. This used to be the most reliable site to find an honest review. I'm not sure what is going on, but maybe some reviewers jumped the gun on this one. Either that or because of the "PERFECT SCORES", I expected something worth being "perfect".... I was anticipating something epic. something that would blow myThis game IS over rated. I can't imagine all the perfect scores failed me AGAIN. This used to be the most reliable site to find an honest review. I'm not sure what is going on, but maybe some reviewers jumped the gun on this one. Either that or because of the "PERFECT SCORES", I expected something worth being "perfect".... I was anticipating something epic. something that would blow my mind. Got to the end of the game, and never found what is so PERFECT about it... AND WHAT IS UP WITH THE DLC NOT BEING revealed what it is, It's just access to online game playing. Wish I'd never bought it. Already paid TOO MUCH for this short single player game. There is nothing perfect about this game, and it was actually disappointing at the very end. I think I just got bamboozled. Expand
  29. Jun 16, 2013
    Last Of Us is an action oriented 3rd person shooter with some survival moments. The story is what makes this game epic! The story is deep and captivating and you'll love the main characters. Fighting to survive in a world of doom is something a lot of developers are doing nowadays. Naughty Dog found the middle road between a great story and entertaining game play. The story takes place atLast Of Us is an action oriented 3rd person shooter with some survival moments. The story is what makes this game epic! The story is deep and captivating and you'll love the main characters. Fighting to survive in a world of doom is something a lot of developers are doing nowadays. Naughty Dog found the middle road between a great story and entertaining game play. The story takes place at the beginning of the outbreak and takes you across the country meeting new NPC's and discovering new areas. Spectacular graphics and great voice acting also help tell this epic story (one of the best cinematics up to now). Notable game play elements are, the shooting mechanics and cover system are one of the best I've seen to date (smooth and responsive). Crafting ability is simple to understand and use. You can also upgrade your characters skills and weapons. For me the most disappointing thing was there just was too much combat as I was expecting less. In combat situations Naughty Dog does give you the option to either do stealth or guns a blazing if you prefer. For casual gamers I recommend to put this game on easy setting so you can enjoy the story with less frustration at certain times. At the end I was greatly satisfied with The Last OF Us and I do recommend buying this one. Expand
  30. Jun 16, 2013
    Trust me people yes the gameplay and story start off slow but if you give a chance it starts to kick in around the 3 hour mark your're in for one hell of a ride trust me
  31. Jun 15, 2013
    This game is AMAZING, very good plot, breathtaking graphics for a console game, controls are perfect for a survival game. And you'd think the multiplayer's nothing special, but surprisingly it's awesome.
  32. Jun 17, 2013
    A truly brilliant game minus the awful upgrade system and terrible A.I for Ellie, not game of the year it has nothing on Bioshock infinite but never the less truly stunning. It is quite a shame that this isnt multiplatform, i would love to play it on PC
  33. Jun 25, 2013
    What can I say? The game is a masterpiece in story telling and and a brilliant exhibition of gameplay.

The controls are tight and intuitive, whether shooting the infected, strangling hunters or traversing the world. The game itself is well paced, enough action and down time to keep up excitement as well as time to immerse oneself in the world, the environments of post pandemic America.

The dialogue is well scripted and acted, while avoiding Cliches masterfully.

Thoroughly enjoyed the game. 10/10.
  34. Jun 18, 2013
    They made a mistake I think this game should have been a release day console game on the PS4. This is a next gen game. This is the best single player game I've ever played. The story is dark and for the topic as believable as it can be, just an incredible game. The writing/story is the best I've seen for a video game. The gameplay starts really slow for the first hour you'll beThey made a mistake I think this game should have been a release day console game on the PS4. This is a next gen game. This is the best single player game I've ever played. The story is dark and for the topic as believable as it can be, just an incredible game. The writing/story is the best I've seen for a video game. The gameplay starts really slow for the first hour you'll be frustrated because you don't have it down yet, and then just puts you right in it and you're just wrapped up in the story you won't want to quit. The music is great, the character development is the best I've seen. This is no Hollywood Uncharted game like a Jason Stratham movie this is like Breaking Bad, The Killing, the Walking Dead, it's just fantastic. I haven't touched the multi-player, but that's supposed to be pretty fantastic as well. 10/10, the xbots are missing out on greatness. Expand
  35. Jun 16, 2013
    Absolutely amazing game just beat it for the first time, words cannot explain...PLAY IT AND PLAY IT NOW THEN PLAY IT 20 MORE TIMES THEN MAYBE 5 MORE TIMES JUST TO BE SAFE
  36. Jun 25, 2013
    I don't know what to say about this game, first of all, if game developers are brilliant enough to personally hand over to you a emotional connection to the characters in the first 20 minutes of the game, they should be given an award. The gameplay was was extremely difficult, which added to the fun of the game, I had to try my best to learn new ways around certain areas, and do everythingI don't know what to say about this game, first of all, if game developers are brilliant enough to personally hand over to you a emotional connection to the characters in the first 20 minutes of the game, they should be given an award. The gameplay was was extremely difficult, which added to the fun of the game, I had to try my best to learn new ways around certain areas, and do everything I could to properly get through a building, hell, just a small obstacle, like snow, can change the entire game you're playing, which is a really great mechanic. Although this made me mad, EXTREMELY mad, at some points, like that snow part, but, it was still amazing! The story was overall emotionally heartbreaking, and when I mean emotionally heartbreaking, I mean that I had such a connection with the characters, that at the end of it, I felt like I needed more of the game, not only that, but after beating the game, I went in my brothers room, watching him play Skyrim for at least 3 hours because I was extremely upset, thinking about the last hour of the game. It's also really long, and it has ton of replay value, more or less, this game is a masterpiece, theres is usually only 1 or maybe 2 game every year that I love this much, and I am happy that The Last of Us is the one I have committed to and complete, and I have never made a review this long, because there weren't many other games that I could write a review this long for. Here's a tip, if you happen to be reading this, buy this game, and if you don't, trust me and all the critics, and user reviewers, this game, is brilliant on every level. Expand
  37. Aug 2, 2013
    Still don't understand how this game is any better than TombRiader or Dishonored. This game is nothing special. Maybe for console gamers this game is impressive but for a PC gamer this game is just another average game at best. Alright graphics, same old boring game play and okish story. Nothing special.
  38. Jun 14, 2013
    Even though the auto saving bug ruined my first 4 hours, i cant just rate this game less than 10. (the bug was gone after restarted the game once) On the technical side this game is one of its own, compared to the limited hardware its running on. Great music and authentic sounds, the graphics are really sweet but limited because of the huge areas & sfx. The characters are really good, soEven though the auto saving bug ruined my first 4 hours, i cant just rate this game less than 10. (the bug was gone after restarted the game once) On the technical side this game is one of its own, compared to the limited hardware its running on. Great music and authentic sounds, the graphics are really sweet but limited because of the huge areas & sfx. The characters are really good, so is the story (this is no funny action adventure like uncharted, expect less laughs :P). Extremely nice shadows and lightning for a dx9 game. There are still small sound bugs, and sometimes clipping issues, but the more complex a game gets the more bugs sneak in.

I beat 1/3 of the game, and so far the story is damn entertaining. its an pretty rough world, but believable as well. i had many jaw dropping moments, and there will be even more following for sure. if you like uncharted, then you know naughtydog's skills. this game differs in the gameplay alot, dont think its gonna feel like uncharted.
  39. Jun 14, 2013
    The glitch/bug preventing people from saving has been fixed. Slight bug in the first patch was quickly removed. Any scores based on that should be ignore as the problem is now solved. Go enjoy this amazing game worry free.
  40. Jun 14, 2013
    Opinions are like butt holes, everyone has one and they all stink.

Opinions are like butt holes, everyone has one and they all stink.

With that being said this game is fantastic. I haven't beaten it yet but the game is quality from every point. Visuals, combat, dialogue, crafting items, upgrading weapons, and even using a shiv to jimmy open a door during the down time scavenging the ruins of abandon cities is fun. I don't know what else to say, do some research watch some gameplay, interviews with the creators and then make the decision for yourself.
  41. Jun 17, 2013
    This is a game that brings together many familiar ideas from the great games of my childhood and pulls them all off spectacularly well. The voice acting/motion capture is the best I've seen in a video game & the writing top notch to match. There is much to be found in the wonderful tale. P.S. Multiplayer (and I never play this part of games) is actually really fun!
  42. Jun 17, 2013
    -Delete my other review i give tlou a 10/10 not 4!!!

-Delete my other review i give tlou a 10/10 not 4!!!

Ok first off where to start in response to Calvincrack you have some major issues son....ADD probably the main one...to say these characters are mildly fleshed out & your not the only person but in going to pick on you anyway....mildly fleshed out are you actually smoking crack then? Did you play the game with your eyes shut & the volume on mute or something? This of all points is by far the most ridiculous thing I've read in these hater reviews!!! Joel & Ellie are by far two of the best developed characters of any game in history, the fact that you build a connection to both characters & develop a sense of protectiveness over Ellie is absolutely astounding for a video game & it shows how far the industry has matured unlike your brain. I mean did you really play the game with a preconceived notion that you won't like it just because it got 27 10/10s or are you also a bioshock infinite fan? I've played hundreds of games & character wise nothing compares!! If you paid attention, listened to every word spoken, interacted with every optional conversation then there's no way you could say these characters are underdeveloped it's plain stupidity on your part! I guess your just a COD kid who has no clue as to what makes a good game & good story....maybe there wasn't enough explosion for you to get excited over!! Oh and because there isn't a scripted set piece every 30secs maybe that's why you didn't enjoy it....BUT this is where you made the mistake of assuming this was uncharted2 because its not!! No where near because its not meant to be....it's a completely different tone & genre! This game is about subtle details, the ambience of a post apocalyptic world, the sheer beauty of the world that's been created is phenomenal on (7yr old hardware-and people moan about a few popups or graphical glitches here & there?!!nonsense/nitpicking fools...name 1 game with no errors...ye thought so) ...each room tells a story of the deceased, there's so many finite details in this game that it blows my mind every time I find something new!! The gameplay is also amazing, a guy said its all the same? What the? There's melee, melee with bats,wood,machetes etc multiple weapons-guns,rifles,bows etc & there's items you craft which adds like another 3-4 methods to dispatch enemies...I guess the guy that complained was just terrible at the game if all he did was punch every enemy!! The sound is pitch perfect & quite haunting from the clickers etc....another major beef I have with haters is that they think this is a survival zombie game...ND never said that they never titled it a zombie game? The infected are infected they don't die & come back to life they are infected & the cordyceps take control of the brain-people say this isn't an original idea but compared to every zombie game ever released which has a generic zombie I would say its definitely unique!! I think it's fantastic! I don't think I'll ever play a game that gripped me or made me have an emotional connection to the characters like this ever again in my life! Unless naughty dog pull it off again! But I doubt this can be topped!! I would strongly recommend this game to anyone who has a decent IQ, doesn't play COD....& doesn't rely on explosions & bullet time effects to think a game is cool, who want an amazing story driven game, to see two characters be developed masterfully & to see the end outcome & just experience a post apocalyptic America looking gorgeously crafted on the PS3!!
  43. Nov 23, 2014
    I had moderate expectations when I picked this game up a few months after it came out, and it didn't even surpass those. I don't honestly understand the tongue bathing this game got with its hype, it's overrated to the point of being a joke.

The main leads Joel and Ellie are both unlikable and flat as characters, they're boorish, lacking personality other than pretty much a single defining feature (Grizzled macho douche for Joel and angsty teen for Ellie) and it changes very little. Every support character may as well have a sign stapled to their forehead saying "I will die or turn evil", and I'm pretty sure the enemy AI isn't allowed to dress itself in the mornings, very easily manipulated or spazzy.

The combat is duller than a bucket of beige paint at a paint drying convention. The "stealth" mechanics are poor at best, sneaking up on enemies is pointless and once you get seen, there is no way to break line of sight so they have to search for you, they just instantly know where you are no matter how you try and hide to recoup. The weapon mechanics are nothing to write home about, it's an over the shoulder shooter no different than Resident Evil 4, Gears of War or Mass Effect 2 & 3. I found the controls a bit sluggish as well, and the crafting system, though appropriate for the game type, was okay but not great.

The story was so predictable that I predicted every single major plot point BEFORE it happened. It tries to hide the fact that it's basically a zombie game by not labelling the zombie-like enemies zombies and the 'clickers' are frustrating at best, if you have more than one coming at you (or coming at you from behind), you're boned.

The only thing I can recommend is the graphics, better than the Uncharted series, but without a good story or characters, this game is not something I could recommend.
  44. Sep 9, 2013
    It's a shame that Xbox only gamers can't play this game because it truly deserves game of the year title. The story is an emotional, most dramatic struggle to escort a young girl across the dangerous wasteland to safety. It's a game that adult gamers like me are always looking for, yet they are so few an far in between. Combat is tough with very little room for mistakes. Some might beIt's a shame that Xbox only gamers can't play this game because it truly deserves game of the year title. The story is an emotional, most dramatic struggle to escort a young girl across the dangerous wasteland to safety. It's a game that adult gamers like me are always looking for, yet they are so few an far in between. Combat is tough with very little room for mistakes. Some might be turned off by this who would rather play games that allows them to sustain massive amount of damage, but I believe in a genre game like this, the combat fits in perfectly. Naughty Dog was already the masters of great graphics, but this game really tops everything they've done so far from the graphics, texture and lighting, it's all marvelous. I don't do multiplayer, so I can't comment on that aspect. But basing the score on single player alone...it's an easy ten. Expand
  45. Nov 5, 2013
    THE BEST GAME I HAVE EVER PLAYED. The story telling is incredible, the characters are incredible, and the graphics are incredible. It is absolutely a must play game.
  46. Oct 16, 2013
    This game doesn't need any more positive reviews to be honest. Everyone should now know how amazing it is.

It's one of those games that makes you wonder if you're ever going to experience another game like it, and then you start worrying that maybe you won't and then will gaming will lose all it's enjoyment..

You get the picture. It's amazing. Get it.
  47. Sep 3, 2013
    Best Game Ever Made!!.The Story is absolutely well written and characters voice acting is superb.The gameplay mechanics are truely next gen and the music is mind-blowing.
  48. Oct 1, 2013
    "The Last of Us" is unlike anything I’ve ever played before. I’ve always found stories in video games intriguing and some of them even get me emotional, but for the first time ever, I feel like a video game has rivaled some of Hollywood’s greatest stories. From the very beginning, this game absorbs you in emotionally, I was literally crying within the first ten minutes. As the story"The Last of Us" is unlike anything I’ve ever played before. I’ve always found stories in video games intriguing and some of them even get me emotional, but for the first time ever, I feel like a video game has rivaled some of Hollywood’s greatest stories. From the very beginning, this game absorbs you in emotionally, I was literally crying within the first ten minutes. As the story progresses, there are multiple moments where I noticed myself tearing up and getting a lump in my throat. These moments don’t only occur during the cinematic cut scenes, but through normal game play, especially as you near the end.

The story of “The Last of Us” is about survival as our heroes try to make it to the Fireflies, a resistance group, to find a cure for the infestation of plant-like zombies. Along the way they face the infected and other humans who, much like them, are trying to survive the harsh environment created by the infected outbreak. Through this journey, themes of survival, sacrifice, loyalty, fate, and hope are all tackled and handled very well to where by the end, you begin to question some of the decisions made by the characters.

The game play is superb and the controls are solid. I had a weird time adjusting to the controls, but within a couple of hours, I couldn’t imagine myself playing it any other way. The game play on the other hand is quit satisfying. The melee, shooting, stealth, and cover system are all executed well. The great part about the game play is that it requires the player to think, rather than just rely on a couple of weapons or strategies. Ammo is very scarce and guns in general attract a lot of attention, so when playing you must be smart about using it. Weapons also break and you are required to make some of them yourself, however, the challenge is finding the right materials. This game is also pretty hard. The A.I. is incredibly intelligent as they react to your slightest mistakes and capitalize on it. So you’ll be in constant terror of enemies appearing out of nowhere and just ruining some of your progress.

The characters, Joel and Ellie, are fantastically written. Joel is a hardened survivor, who has a lot of baggage and is very closed off emotionally, but also has a strong protective instinct. Ellie is a foul mouthed teenager, who, much like Joel, is all alone in this world and has to learn to grow and become more independent. There are so many little quirks to these characters that make them seem so very real and relateable. For instance, when nothing is happening and Joel is just scavenging around, Ellie will start whistling or humming. These little things make us fall in love with these characters. Their interactions are charming as they have a father daughter relationship and it great watching it develop. All the supporting characters are fantastic as well and one thing to really appreciate is that there are no blatant black and white character. Not even our heroes can be justified as “do-gooders” as everyone has a reason for what they are doing. The voice work is some of the best I’ve ever heard. The voice actors really put a lot of effort into making these characters radiate off the screen.

Visually this game is amazing. The character designs and movement are pleasing to the eyes. The bleak and apocalyptic world that has been crafted is something to marvel at as there are a lot of little things to look out for. The architecture and environments all have a story to tell of what might have happened. It’s a world that we don’t want to live in as there is nothing that remotely resembles an ideal living location. However, when, we actually do see signs of beauty, much like how the characters react, we too get a sense of wonderment. The musical score is also beautiful. Most of the time it’s very subtle and almost not there, but when something is about to go down, it kicks in. Giving us feelings of sheer fear for our lives in the more survival orientated moments to a more emotional sensation in the intense story driven moments.

Overall, “The Last of Us” is a truly amazing game that must be experienced by everyone and has become my personal favorite of all time. It is a game that isn’t revolutionary in its concept, but groundbreaking in its execution. From strong game play, to likable and relateable characters, to an intense story and emotionally draining experience, this game defies expectations and becomes a new standard for the industry. I give it an extremely high 5/5, an experience unlike anything else and the ending will leave you speechless.

Having waited several months to write this review, I have come to the conclusion that “The Last of Us” is one of the greatest games ever made. From a storytelling perspective, it is a game that is as revolutionary to the industry as Mario was for the very first time so long ago. Naughty Dog has made a game that is going to shift the way story is going to be handled in video games. Much like how many games after “Uncharted 2: Among Theives” released became more cinematic and like a Hollywood blockbuster, “The Last of Us” is going to make developers want to create a more intimate and a more emotional experience with characters that are well developed and relatable.
  49. Jun 19, 2013
    A superb game from start to finish. Gripping throughout. I'm not sure where the story was taking me at times but I was more than happy with the result. You care about characters, Joel and Ellie in particular. Through every cutscene you feel the characters and how realistically they are portrayed. They breathe, they have scars, wrinkles, glossy eyes, physical features that are lifelike. TheA superb game from start to finish. Gripping throughout. I'm not sure where the story was taking me at times but I was more than happy with the result. You care about characters, Joel and Ellie in particular. Through every cutscene you feel the characters and how realistically they are portrayed. They breathe, they have scars, wrinkles, glossy eyes, physical features that are lifelike. The Last of Us shines in being the most realistic fictional game I have ever played. The fungi/cordyceps concept of zombifiying people is intriguing enough. There aren't enough good things to say about this game. The gameplay is stupendous, and while it takes time getting adjusted to, it feels fluent and right when you do. There's enough variety in crafting weapons and upgrading them to spice the game up when pacing gets tough. That's one of my only problem are pacing issues, but the game is so damn good and the story is so great that you trudge through the slower spots. Often times the difficulty has unreasonable spikes, but all is forgiven, when you pass a more difficult section, the payoff and reward is well worth it. The single player itself is incredible alone and worth a buy, but the multiplayer works excellently too. You have two characters that just grow so much and it's incredible to watch their journey and participate with them in a dark, realistic, beautiful disaster of a world that feels very real. Expand
  50. Apr 16, 2014
    The most overrated "game" of all time. The atmosphere and story are decent, but there is very little actual gameplay. You probably won't realize this on your first playthrough because you will be playing overly cautiously and exploring for materials, wondering what is around the next corner. But once you've beaten it, you will understand that there are very few fights with enemies and aThe most overrated "game" of all time. The atmosphere and story are decent, but there is very little actual gameplay. You probably won't realize this on your first playthrough because you will be playing overly cautiously and exploring for materials, wondering what is around the next corner. But once you've beaten it, you will understand that there are very few fights with enemies and a whole lot of slow boring sections spent walking around listening to Ellie, separated by lots of cutscenes. The multiplayer can be enjoyable, but the poor hit detection coupled with the slow pace isn't likely to hold many peoples' attention for very long. Expand
  51. Jun 22, 2013
    9.5/10. This game is amazing, but like all games, it's not without it's little hiccups. But for every problem, there are an infinite amount of fantastic things about this game. Some might find the story predictable, but it's very well written, with many moments that will have you investing in these complex characters, Joel and Ellie, which provide some of the best acting I have seen in9.5/10. This game is amazing, but like all games, it's not without it's little hiccups. But for every problem, there are an infinite amount of fantastic things about this game. Some might find the story predictable, but it's very well written, with many moments that will have you investing in these complex characters, Joel and Ellie, which provide some of the best acting I have seen in video games. The combat can be trying at times but mostly fulfilling and engaging, as it's covered with lots of small details that add to the atmosphere of the game, such as scripted events to keep you on your toes, conversations that add to characters or mood, and a crafting system that will have you thinking about what to save for the next encounter. There will be some moments when the game slips up, such as your AI companions running in front of the bandits you are trying to hide from, and they don't bat an eyelid, or you are too busying scavenging for the necessary items that you miss the interesting conversations that pop up in the game, but these small things are easily forgiveable for what the game offers as a whole experience. The visuals are stunning, with some environments that will take your breath away, and detailed characters whose eyes convey what is unsaid. This game might not be for everyone, especially those who aren't interested in the stories games have to offer or are looking for something that will completely redesign their previous experiences. But for those looking for a game that has that solid and special blend of gameplay and story, this is it. It's tense, evocative and beautiful. I finished the game in about 14 hrs, and I can't wait for a second play through. Expand
  52. Jun 16, 2013
    An absolute master piece. Such an amazing gaming experience. This is a must be for any PS3 owner. This is the reason to buy a PS3 even with the new generation of consoles coming out it's that damn good.
  53. Jun 16, 2013
    I didnt have any hype actually for this game until the review's started coming out with all the tens. I quickly later understood that this game would be amazing. Now back to my review, I've never experienced a better intro, just such a brilliant intro. The voice acting is phenomenal and just feels so natural and every character had such an fantastic script, I couldn't almost wait for theI didnt have any hype actually for this game until the review's started coming out with all the tens. I quickly later understood that this game would be amazing. Now back to my review, I've never experienced a better intro, just such a brilliant intro. The voice acting is phenomenal and just feels so natural and every character had such an fantastic script, I couldn't almost wait for the next cutscene which also were beautifully made. I haven't been a super fan of Uncharted but I loved the gameplay in The Last of Us, I never had any problems with the stealth parts and the firearms worked very good with the design, the feeling and the sound. I think that it was a good thing to make the allies invincible to the targets but sometimes they could get in the way and pull you out of the game sometimes, but it wasn't any gamebreaking things or over all annoying. The customization was good but it would be nice with something yet more deep. The story was so immersive and fantastic that it will be a experience that will never leave me. I'm not gonna talk to much about the multiplayer but I will say that it's as everything else, fantastic. I expected something decent but what I got was one of the funniest mulitplayer I've played for a long time, this coming from a high end spec pc gamer. Since I'm also a pc gamer I got to talk about the graphics, they literally are MIND blowing for the PS3, I sometimes just stopped playing and just started looking at the graphics. This game could be my favorite game of ALL time and I've played games for a long time. Hats of to Naught dog for making this amazing game. This is easily going to be my game of the year but I really recommend Bioshock, up yours GTA! (I'll buy yo though!) Expand
  54. Jul 26, 2013
    While this wasn't the game I expected it to be, it is a great one none-the-less. It's basically uncharted with zombies when I was hoping for something more engaging and story-driven. However, I do feel as if it is being over hyped. It isn't The best game to come out for the last couple of years and certainly isn't a 10/10 in my books. Don't get me wrong it's a great game, just don't goWhile this wasn't the game I expected it to be, it is a great one none-the-less. It's basically uncharted with zombies when I was hoping for something more engaging and story-driven. However, I do feel as if it is being over hyped. It isn't The best game to come out for the last couple of years and certainly isn't a 10/10 in my books. Don't get me wrong it's a great game, just don't go out and buy a PS3 just for this game. Expand
  55. Aug 22, 2013
    Let me be the first to say this game is not without its problems (some AI glitches and a few other glitches) but what i can say is that what this game does right, it does SO RIGHT. The story is the best i've played and the game play although it doesn't recreate the survival/horror series, but it refines it and remains to this date the best game i have ever played.
  56. Sep 1, 2013
    The Last of Us is a must-play title for any PS3 owner who's not squeamish about violence and depressing subject matter. It has flaws, but they don't detract from the overall experience, and at worst, the game could use a little more interaction. If you can get it cheep, get it!
  57. Sep 2, 2013
    Im sorry but if anyone has any negative feelings about this game really do need to give their head, The Last Of Us is the best console game I have ever played.
  58. Feb 3, 2014
    Basically Uncharted with zombies!
    This game is very linear and brings nothing new to any gameplay mechanic that has been used in any third person action game. The story is spectacular yes, but I don't buy video games to watch a movie! What matters to me is gameplay, and this is the same gripe I have with uncharted: the gameplay is simply lacking
  59. Sep 18, 2013
    An amazing game that left me thinking about it days after I beat it. The characters are fleshed out and are some of the must truly human characters I've seen. A must own for any ps3 owner.
  60. Sep 28, 2013
    Really this game is masterpiece and eventhough it is linear experience; a lot of people is complaining about that the uncharted games were more fun this game is not for fun this is a work of art and for the people who thought it was going to be an uncharted with zombies and are "dissapointed" YOU this is the combination of all what we love about zombie survival horror in a game. I neverReally this game is masterpiece and eventhough it is linear experience; a lot of people is complaining about that the uncharted games were more fun this game is not for fun this is a work of art and for the people who thought it was going to be an uncharted with zombies and are "dissapointed" YOU this is the combination of all what we love about zombie survival horror in a game. I never thought that naughty dog was going to be the game deceloper that raise the zombie apocaliptic genre in gaming really, THIS IS THE GAME OF OUR GENERATION but sure it has their zombie movie cliches but sometimes you are like HOLY WHY HE DID THAT. It has mostly no bugs a great ending perfect for a sequel. I hope next year a new uncharted game So as tlou. Expand
  61. Jul 23, 2013
    Well, while it may not be lengthy enough for some of us naughty dog fans, and may have some little niggling bugs here and there, this is a fine piece this. This wonderful, scary, empowering, and generally diamond in the polished diamond stage game. Thank God we are not existing in a time where publishers are afraid to create games that are different enough in their execution, while beingWell, while it may not be lengthy enough for some of us naughty dog fans, and may have some little niggling bugs here and there, this is a fine piece this. This wonderful, scary, empowering, and generally diamond in the polished diamond stage game. Thank God we are not existing in a time where publishers are afraid to create games that are different enough in their execution, while being similar enough to others to not totally drown and falter. Thank Christ we have SONY with giant gold plated platinum balls, creating real games in many different and interesting genres, instead of dude first person bro-fests. As you can see, I am very happy about this game. The best thing about the last of us is the fact that it is REAL-ISH, the deaths are god awful to experience. I had to shut the box off once because I saw death sequences too many times, and I was sickened. The art and design of the levels is top notch, while not over the top. Gun play is enjoyable. Play it! Expand
  62. Aug 6, 2013
    One of the best games I've ever played by far. The story keeps you sucked in, the game mechanics are good (better than "Uncharted" series), and the subtle music is just enough. I really enjoyed it.
  63. Jun 18, 2013
    Gun play is kind of iffy, but otherwise this is the best game i have ever played. The story is beautifully told. This game is an absolute masterpiece.
  64. Jun 25, 2013
    Truly wonderful game, i am a big gamer and have played games from Halo to Heavy Rain and Borderlands to Call of Duty and this is the first game in probably 4 years to truly surprise me. One for its shear beauty and two for its brilliant story and to top that off it play so very nicely. It draws you into the survivor role so well, helped by having no HUD and creating while the games stillTruly wonderful game, i am a big gamer and have played games from Halo to Heavy Rain and Borderlands to Call of Duty and this is the first game in probably 4 years to truly surprise me. One for its shear beauty and two for its brilliant story and to top that off it play so very nicely. It draws you into the survivor role so well, helped by having no HUD and creating while the games still live to create true urgency. I would recommend this to anyone looking for a deep engrossing game. Credit to Naughty Dog for creating a new IP after such a great job on Uncharted Expand
  65. Jun 17, 2013
    Much like God of War 2 for the PS2, The Last of Us is the 'Swan Song' of the PS3. Given none of the game has been revealed, The Last of Us will evoke in most a sense of curiosity, fear, and despair, and this is a good thing. This is an experience like no other, one of which most gamers should experience.
  66. Jul 8, 2013
    The Last of Us is the best game I've played so far this Year and it the best survival/horror game I've ever played. And I'm not a survival/horror fan, at all.The Last of Us is The Red Dead Redemption of 2013. I haven't seen a movie this year that was as well acted or emotionally gripping as The Last of Us not to mention the outstanding action sequences and genuinely "scary" moments. What aThe Last of Us is the best game I've played so far this Year and it the best survival/horror game I've ever played. And I'm not a survival/horror fan, at all.The Last of Us is The Red Dead Redemption of 2013. I haven't seen a movie this year that was as well acted or emotionally gripping as The Last of Us not to mention the outstanding action sequences and genuinely "scary" moments. What a great game to end the PS3 era with. Masterpiece! and a strong counter point to those who don't consider games to be a relevant art form. Expand
  67. Jun 17, 2013
    There isn't much to say about The Last of Us besides the fact that it's a thrill ride that can keep you on the edge of your seat from beginning to end; the premise itself could be said to be a cliched had it not brought an extreme amount of emotion to me throughout the bonding moments between the protagonists; Joel and Ellie. Along with the happiness that could be offered with theirThere isn't much to say about The Last of Us besides the fact that it's a thrill ride that can keep you on the edge of your seat from beginning to end; the premise itself could be said to be a cliched had it not brought an extreme amount of emotion to me throughout the bonding moments between the protagonists; Joel and Ellie. Along with the happiness that could be offered with their conversations tears can also be provoked from the games opening that may possibly be the saddest opening to any story that I have ever seen; this being said about the games beginning the tension and suspense that is felt from the games final moments are also the strong point for The Last of Us while being just as emotional as it's opening moments if not even more. Enough about the games emotional points the key point of the gameplay is to forge to survive and craft your weapons to your best advantage; Naughty Dog succeeds on a larger level than I could have ever though possible after playing through scavenging for tools and scraps to craft several items that are required to complete your journey west, such as shivs, first-aid kits, and even molotov Along with the great crafting system something that constantly plagues games in our modern market is the poor artificial intelligence, but with The Last of Us this will only be a problem for someone who gets upset from being outmaneuvered by a computer controlled bot as this game proves to have AI that works together to find a tactical advantage over the player. In my closing remarks I have to say that The Last of Us is a MUST PLAY game that constantly had me saying out loud "I can't believe this was created by Naughty Dog" due to it's dark tone and unforgiving characters. Stop reading now and buy it full price. Expand
  68. Jun 17, 2013
    I suspect the main thing dividing the reviews in this, in so far as they are divided, is age. This is not a violent teen power fantasy, it is a game where the brutality and soul-leeching consequences of violence are put on display, at least more than most games in this genre, and without being at all preachy. The developers concentrate on conveying a feeling of tense desperation, andI suspect the main thing dividing the reviews in this, in so far as they are divided, is age. This is not a violent teen power fantasy, it is a game where the brutality and soul-leeching consequences of violence are put on display, at least more than most games in this genre, and without being at all preachy. The developers concentrate on conveying a feeling of tense desperation, and succeed far more often then they fail, at least in my case.The crunch on ammunition forces you to scrabble around the world looking for things to improvise as weapons, not for the sake of completionism, but out of need.

It is possible it should have even catered less to the adrenaline crowd the haters are right in one thing. Overall the gameplay is fairly down the main existing lines, with some solid level and environment designs, and decent set-pieces.

But if you can get caught up in it, like most of the people reviewing here, the experience is pretty amazing.
  69. Jun 30, 2013
    I have to say more of the same. The Last of Us is not only this best, the most important game of THIS generation. It is, probably, one of the best, most important gaming experiences ever conceived. I don't know where to start, honestly. So I will use this review just to say one thing: if you care about games, if you play them, if games are something you take seriously, I BEG you don't missI have to say more of the same. The Last of Us is not only this best, the most important game of THIS generation. It is, probably, one of the best, most important gaming experiences ever conceived. I don't know where to start, honestly. So I will use this review just to say one thing: if you care about games, if you play them, if games are something you take seriously, I BEG you don't miss this one out. I don't need to talk about graphics, text, voice acting, gameplay etc etc. The videos and reviews are all praising all those things. What I will say is that never before had I such a deep, emotional, haunting experience. It got me thrilled, excited, sad, juggling laughter and tears in equal portions. This is more than a game. It's the perfect film, the perfect book, the perfect song. And, call me crazy, a beautiful memory as well. I will never forget this game. Expand
  70. Jul 8, 2013
    This is honestly the greatest game I have ever played sure there are a few 'slight' glitches and moments you're reminded that it is 'just a game', but the fact that your brain needs to be reminded of this just goes to show how enthralling it really is. I don't think I've ever been more emotionally invested in a story than I was in this game, even on a second playthrough when I knew whatThis is honestly the greatest game I have ever played sure there are a few 'slight' glitches and moments you're reminded that it is 'just a game', but the fact that your brain needs to be reminded of this just goes to show how enthralling it really is. I don't think I've ever been more emotionally invested in a story than I was in this game, even on a second playthrough when I knew what was coming, it still got me right in the feels.

As far as gameplay goes don't expect call of duty. This is predominantly a stealth game, and this is where it shines approaching each situation cautiously and planning your every move with the limited supplies you have is the way the game was meant to be played, and when you know you only have 3 bullets and 5 enemies to take out, things can get really tense as a slight slip up will leave you sprinting desparately for cover when you're spotted and bandits open fire, or you hear the dreaded screech of a stalker in the sewers beginning his charge.

Live this game, invest yourself in it and you will love it. Since completing this game I haven't actually been able to get into any other new games, they just feel so shallow and pointless now... This game will stay with me for a LONG time.
  71. Aug 4, 2013
    Let me start off by saying; this was not a 10/10 experience for me, hence the rating. I played through this on hard difficulty. Combat is a fairly large part of the game, and I couldn't enjoy it. It might be that I am not used to aiming with a stick. But its not just the gunplay I have problems with. The AI; your companions ofttimes runs into enemies, however, as long as you are inLet me start off by saying; this was not a 10/10 experience for me, hence the rating. I played through this on hard difficulty. Combat is a fairly large part of the game, and I couldn't enjoy it. It might be that I am not used to aiming with a stick. But its not just the gunplay I have problems with. The AI; your companions ofttimes runs into enemies, however, as long as you are in stealth, they are invisible to the enemy AI. The infected (even the ones that scream constantly) will hear you unless you sneak extremely slowly, humans don't hear your steps at all as long as you are crouched. Humans in cover knows you are aiming at them and will not uncover unless you look away. Even if you slay people (with endless ammo?) there are small chances of them dropping ANYTHING. There are too much to mention, and all these things makes many encounters annoying. But don't get me wrong, encounters can still be very enjoyable. If you manage to sneak past several guys unnoticed, or "make every bullet count."

The moments between the encounters is when this game really shines. It is incredibly well made; the world and environments are really detailed. This makes exploring a joy. The relationship between the main characters is not something you usually get served in a game. It's brilliant, and it the main reason this game is epic. Pay good attention to the story and it will reward you with some philosophical questions, worthy of your thoughts. But, it's brutal and unpredictable. I think some people might not like this. Don't expect a Hollywood flick with glitter and happy endings... Great atmosphere. Great animations. Great graphics. I've run out of things to say.
  72. Jun 23, 2013
    A perfect 10! What else needs to be said about this masterpiece...This is the first game that had such an emotional impact on me that I found myself tear up twice throughout the campaign. If you want to see what a team at the absolute top of their game can produce check out Naughty Dog's masterwork. It's probably the most amazing game of this entire generation. Multiplayer is a nice mixA perfect 10! What else needs to be said about this masterpiece...This is the first game that had such an emotional impact on me that I found myself tear up twice throughout the campaign. If you want to see what a team at the absolute top of their game can produce check out Naughty Dog's masterwork. It's probably the most amazing game of this entire generation. Multiplayer is a nice mix of uncharted and gears of war and is extremely fun to play. One of the best new franchises in years and a true model of why games are an art form. Expand
  73. Jun 29, 2013
    Amazing game. Awesome story, awesome gameplay, awesome atmosphere. This is one of the very few games that has actually made me care for the characters. I was very happy with the ending of this game, it may not be as good as Bioshock Infinite's ending, but I was happy with it.
  74. Jun 21, 2013
    I was apprehensive about exactly how "amazing" the game would be because I was let down the last time I played a game with as much hype surrounding it as this one. The Last of Us met and exceeded the high expectations I had for it. Gameplay, visuals, and story were all superb. Not one to miss.
  75. Jun 23, 2013
    After playing games on every system since Atari, this will go down as my favorite game of all time. This isn't a mindless action packed shoot em' up game. It plays more like Metal Gear Solid Splinter Cell, where you're forced to stealth around to take out your enemies individually rather then go guns blazing. If you don't strategize your approach, you'll surely die. The ammo and weaponsAfter playing games on every system since Atari, this will go down as my favorite game of all time. This isn't a mindless action packed shoot em' up game. It plays more like Metal Gear Solid Splinter Cell, where you're forced to stealth around to take out your enemies individually rather then go guns blazing. If you don't strategize your approach, you'll surely die. The ammo and weapons you have are limited, so you have to play smart. I only played on normal, and I plan to replay it on survival mode where the supplies are even further limited.

This game is also scary. It kind of brings me back to what Resident Evil used to be. All about survival, and being scared to explore new rooms. The zombies are referred to as infected, and they're not your traditional zombies (dead coming back to life and you have to kill the brain). They are more like zombies from 28 Days Later. Just regular humans who get a disease and turn crazy in a matter of minutes. Also, the infected have different phases (based on how long they've been infected), which allows for a variety in characteristics and different means of dispatching. Nothing worse than getting the attention of one infected who wakes up all their nearby friends. You can go from focused to panic in a matter of seconds.

The game play and feel of the game is a good blend between MGS and Resident Evil (both in my top 10), which I already stated. But what really puts this game over the top for me are two things: the lack of repetition in the fight sequences and the best story telling ever made in a video game. First, I say lack of repetition because every fight scene feels unique. Your environment plays a huge part on how you kill enemies, and there's not a single piece of landscape, building, or road that is reused. Also, you have so many different means of killing enemies using firearms, bow and arrows, smoke grenades, make-shift bombs, molotov knives, blunt objects, choke holds or hand-to-hand combat. Second, the best story telling every! I've never felt so invested in two video game characters than Joel and Ellie. The actors they casted for the voices did an amazing job. Also the dialogue between all the characters felt so genuine. Most of the story telling were done with cut scenes, but how they depicted the movement, gestures and facial expressions of these characters, on top of the incredible voice acting, made everything feel real. Sometimes I forgot I was playing a video game.

Best game ever. I can't wait to play it again!
  76. Jun 23, 2013
    Amazing game no flaws what so ever, the story is great but the true jewel in the game are the characters of Joel and Ellie. Multiplayer has a great concept but it's really an absurd one way win almost all the time. There is no opportunity to play solo this game type is forcefully team based and if your own team decides to go each on their own you're in for a bitter match, this isn't callAmazing game no flaws what so ever, the story is great but the true jewel in the game are the characters of Joel and Ellie. Multiplayer has a great concept but it's really an absurd one way win almost all the time. There is no opportunity to play solo this game type is forcefully team based and if your own team decides to go each on their own you're in for a bitter match, this isn't call of duty. Anyway this game isn't really about multiplayer, it has tons of replay value and without a doubt one of the best games of this generation. Expand
  77. Jun 25, 2013
    I've enjoyed Naughty Dog's previous games. I figured that I would end up enjoying The Last of Us because of the previous experiences that I have had, and I was not disappointed. This is the greatest game I have ever played, and it is now my favorite game of all time. I love this game and I couldn't help enjoying every minute of it, the amazing story-line, the characters, the game-play, andI've enjoyed Naughty Dog's previous games. I figured that I would end up enjoying The Last of Us because of the previous experiences that I have had, and I was not disappointed. This is the greatest game I have ever played, and it is now my favorite game of all time. I love this game and I couldn't help enjoying every minute of it, the amazing story-line, the characters, the game-play, and even the multiplayer. It''s an all around amazing experience that should not be passed up. Expand
  78. Jun 29, 2013
    TLOU=The Citizens Kane of Gaming
    No other game has grasped me like TLOU has, TLOU is a game for the ages and one that has redefined an era of gaming.
    -Characters: The characters in this game are very well written and deep especially Joel and Ellie. The constant chatter between the two makes for some of the best dialogue. -Graphics: The game looks beautiful and is the messiah of console
    TLOU=The Citizens Kane of Gaming
    -Graphics: The game looks beautiful and is the messiah of console graphics
    -Pacing: the pacing is fantastic because of how varied the gameplay is, you can shoot your way through or stealth kill through.
    -Verdict: The GOAT!!!!!!!
  79. Jun 23, 2013
    I for one, thought that this game was everything I expected it to be. It doesn't matter how good something is, there are those who will find fault with anything. For those complaining about the graphics- what the Hell were you playing it on? I thought it had excellent graphics. The story was well written and the characters were all hardened by their surroundings, but still managed to showI for one, thought that this game was everything I expected it to be. It doesn't matter how good something is, there are those who will find fault with anything. For those complaining about the graphics- what the Hell were you playing it on? I thought it had excellent graphics. The story was well written and the characters were all hardened by their surroundings, but still managed to show the kind of emotion void in survival games. The problem with gaming is everyone has been spoiled with games that cater to the run and gun style. When games come along that actually make you slow down, and have to make a choice with limited ammo, limited resources, and limited options, it seems either some cannot grasp this concept and or they adapt. Just like real life. No game is true to life, especially military shooters. Being a former Marine, I play some of these but find myself amused by the comments of some gamers make in regards to "if they were in that situation". Funny. I really found the pace of The Last of Us to be somewhat truer to form if things were catastrophic. I have played alot of games, and truly have to say that this is one of the best games I have ever played. I felt that Naughty Dog really captured the moments that were important very well. There were parts of the game that made you feel the torment of the character, and parts that made you want to kill. I play both Xbox and PS3, and I really and truly have to say that Naughty Dog has made another epic game that I can only find on my PS3, which has become the norm. If you truly love gaming, not just running around like an idiot, enjoy a game with depth and story, want more than the "typical" game that has been offered up as of late, then I highly recommend this game for you. If not, then expand your mind a little. Their are moments in this game that would make most feel sad or moved somewhat. It was nice to feel something for the characters and seeing their torment and very few highs in a desolate world I really hope that more developers will push themselves the way this company has to make a superior product. Their is no excuse in 2013 for some of the crap being put out. This game should be a benchmark for what can be done if certain elements are combined. Making a survival game that clearly stands above others (Walking Dead was great as well) Naughty Dog proved that making a great game with all the aspects in the survival genre could be done. Expand
  80. Jun 24, 2013
    Before one dies, there are movies that have to be seen, books that have to be read, countries that have to be visited, and games that have to be played. And one of them is The Last of Us: a truly piece of art. amazing attention to detail, impressive technical aspect, but overall, an extraordinary wrapped in one of the best scripts written for a videogame. I got a PS3 only for this game,Before one dies, there are movies that have to be seen, books that have to be read, countries that have to be visited, and games that have to be played. And one of them is The Last of Us: a truly piece of art. amazing attention to detail, impressive technical aspect, but overall, an extraordinary wrapped in one of the best scripts written for a videogame. I got a PS3 only for this game, and it was well worth it. Expand
  81. Jun 19, 2013
    I have been a gamer for many years, more predominantly on the PC and I decided I wanted to try a game that can only be played on one console (Playstation 3 of course) This game is by far one of the best games to have ever been created and this deserves it’s spot high up In the rankings, with the likes of other titles such as: Half-Life 1 and 2, GTA IV, Uncharted 2 etc. The Last Of Us hasI have been a gamer for many years, more predominantly on the PC and I decided I wanted to try a game that can only be played on one console (Playstation 3 of course) This game is by far one of the best games to have ever been created and this deserves it’s spot high up In the rankings, with the likes of other titles such as: Half-Life 1 and 2, GTA IV, Uncharted 2 etc. The Last Of Us has it all; great graphics (even for a console), incredible dialogue, immersive environments, in-depth and satisfying combat mechanics, intriguing plot, well developed characters and the relationship with the characters (especially Joel and Ellie) is just pure magical. The list can go on, there is never a dull moment in this game and the more you play it you will never want to put it down, it actually keeps you wanting more and more. Aside from the single player there is the multiplayer which is surprisingly addictive, it’s a lot more slower paced than your average FPS twitch shooter and it requires a lot of team work. There are upgrades to weapons as well as weapon unlocks so the progression is quite thorough and well implemented. All in all Naughty Dog have created a master piece and this game should not be missed, a highly recommended game for what could be one of if not the only contender for game of the year. Expand
  82. Jun 17, 2013
    This one brings movies and games closer together (like Heavy rain did), and I like it. The voice-acting is outstanding. The graphics are great for PS3. The environment is beautiful (I like the seasons they follow). The game-play is great. It takes a while to get used to the guns but they are very different. The story has been seen before but it's told in a great way. You feel very bad whenThis one brings movies and games closer together (like Heavy rain did), and I like it. The voice-acting is outstanding. The graphics are great for PS3. The environment is beautiful (I like the seasons they follow). The game-play is great. It takes a while to get used to the guns but they are very different. The story has been seen before but it's told in a great way. You feel very bad when a character dies because you started to care for them after a while. It is one of the best games I have ever played of this generation and before! 10/10. Expand
  83. Jun 17, 2013
    very good game. game is good. play game many time with whole family. recommend game to many player who want good game. ending very emotional. am very upset.
  84. Aug 9, 2014
    I felt restricted by the banality of the puzzles and the sections where the 'run button' is deactivated. The excellence of the art and level design is moderately entertaining, even when Joel is restricted to slowly walk through 10 minute sections. So it takes a non-gamer mindset to appreciate the game, imagining what the world has been like leading up to the state presented, rather than aI felt restricted by the banality of the puzzles and the sections where the 'run button' is deactivated. The excellence of the art and level design is moderately entertaining, even when Joel is restricted to slowly walk through 10 minute sections. So it takes a non-gamer mindset to appreciate the game, imagining what the world has been like leading up to the state presented, rather than a classic problem-solving approach where you are fully attended to progressing through the game. When Call of Duty shows technical excellence and standard gameplay, I call it an entertaining game. TLoU is similar in its ratio of technical excellence vs gameplay innovation. It's entertaining and a feast for the eyes. But the exciting zombie franchise is still called The Walking Dead, and the exciting Naughty Dog franchise is called Uncharted.

I leaned towards a 7/10 or even 8/10, but I stopped playing after completing the campaign. No alternative game modes (except online) to play around with. No exciting trophies to attempt. Just a few dozen inconsequential collectibles scattered throughout the campaign, and trophies for completing it several times. In a campaign where so many sections play on the strength of surprise and 'first-sight-marvel' I'd just rather play something else after seeing it once.

The ending is satisfying, but you could just read a plot summary and then watch the final hour on Youtube and get what the game wanted to tell. I liked the message (hint: love) but it wasn't necessary to trod through so many hours of slow progression to feel the impact of the story.
  85. Aug 3, 2013
    Probably the best game I've ever played and arguably everything about this game shines. Naughty Dog have done it again. The Last Of Us has outstanding graphics, good gameplay, sound, and perfect voice acting. The whole game was like playing and watching a movie and I've really never heard better voice acting in a game before. You care so much about Ellie and Joel and there is muchProbably the best game I've ever played and arguably everything about this game shines. Naughty Dog have done it again. The Last Of Us has outstanding graphics, good gameplay, sound, and perfect voice acting. The whole game was like playing and watching a movie and I've really never heard better voice acting in a game before. You care so much about Ellie and Joel and there is much character development throughout the game. Supporting characters are very memorable too.
    The graphics and environments are also drop-dead gorgeous, and more than once I had to stop and gaze at the view at the stunning scenery in many of the levels.
    Gameplay-wise it's good and there are many ways to take out enemies, be it all-guns blazing or stealthily, depending on your available resources. A very minor niggle is that sometimes the AI of your companions can be imperfect: they're not really noticed by enemies for example but that doesn't falter from the combat. Speaking of which both the shooting mechanics and physical attacks are simple and very satisfying, and being able to upgrade weapons, collect items, and improve skills is a nice touch.
    Overall, another glorious game from Naughty Dog that will be remembered for years to come. A clear contender for GOTY.
  86. Jul 27, 2013
    One of the best games ever created.Missing this game would be the biggest mistake a gamer can make. If you don't have a PS3, go and buy it right now just for The Last of Us.
  87. Jul 9, 2013
    Faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaantastic game! best i have ever played so far.
  88. Jun 17, 2013
    I am not going to go into too much depth, but I just want to say something. How could all these positive reviews be soooo wrong as some of the negative raters are saying? These critics know what they are talking about, and they qouldnt rate a game that is So broken, frustrating and overrated".

That being said, the game is a must play for Uncharted fans, PS3 owners, zombie fans, and gamers that enjoy emotional story telling with a lot of violence.

Multiplayer will give many hours if you take your time to learn how to play.

Bottom line, play this game because it is one of the best gaming experiences that I have encountered ever.
  89. Jun 18, 2013
    It's been a long time since a game has affected me the way this one has. This is a true masterpiece and should be played by everyone. Everything the two characters (Joel and Ellie) go through, every decision they make, are very real and gives off a sense of atmosphere. We watch as these two grow closer and form a bond with each other to the point where Joel would give up everything forIt's been a long time since a game has affected me the way this one has. This is a true masterpiece and should be played by everyone. Everything the two characters (Joel and Ellie) go through, every decision they make, are very real and gives off a sense of atmosphere. We watch as these two grow closer and form a bond with each other to the point where Joel would give up everything for her. The whole game is simply put, a mindblowing experience. The only games that top this is my personal all time favorite series Metal Gear Solid, but that being said this is a close second. I don't know HOW Naughty Dog managed to top Uncharted 2 but they did it!! THEY DID IT!! :D Expand
  90. Jun 23, 2013
    This year has seen an incredible spike in the quality of videogame storytelling (and GTA 5 is still to come, as well as Beyond: Two Souls). PC gamers have enjoyed strong, narrative-driven games for decades, while console games have generally languished in a gameplay-first, story-second mentality (not an inherently bad ideology, but not one that exactly encourages the pillars ofThis year has seen an incredible spike in the quality of videogame storytelling (and GTA 5 is still to come, as well as Beyond: Two Souls). PC gamers have enjoyed strong, narrative-driven games for decades, while console games have generally languished in a gameplay-first, story-second mentality (not an inherently bad ideology, but not one that exactly encourages the pillars of storytelling) during that same period. There have been great stories on console for sure, but the consistency and ingenuity as of late has been unprecedented, and so very welcome. The Last of Us marries gameplay and story in such a way as to set the benchmark for the next generation. This is how you do it. Naughty Dog has taken the framework of the Uncharted franchise, gameplay-wise, and stripped it of its' wild acrobatics and treasure-hunting in favor of grueling survival and supply-scavenging. This ever-present struggle fuels the emotionally-charged, tense, and unforgettable story of two survivors amidst a world gone mad, a story that at times shocks, inspires awe, and breaks your heart. The seamless in and out between gameplay and story, the pitch-perfect pacing, is something that could only be achieved by a studio at the height of its' ability, and the freedom to do so. Sony and Naughty Dog deserve many accolades for this achievement. The game isn't perfect (the enemy AI, which seems to be a common gripe, is a bit simple, and their ignorance of your companions is both bizarre and disappointing, but I still ended up dying 70 times on Hard, so maybe I should be grateful), but the resounding successes of the game bury deep any minor qualms. Furthermore, the multiplayer, which carries over nicely from the main game and features a surprisingly addictive metagame, is a fantastic bonus that only serves to bury deeper still those tiny, insignificant misgivings. I strongly encourage anyone to play this, as long as you can stomache the violence and themes, and judge for yourself. For a game about what could be the end of the world, it makes me look forward to the future of gaming. Expand
  91. Jun 22, 2013
    The Last of Us shows the world that gaming is as legitimate an entertainment form as any other medium, it defines its genre of action-adventure and it is also the biggest reason to own a PS3 if you dont already.
    20 years ago a fungal infection spread across the world, killing most of the human race. Now in the year 2033 the USA is governed by a security force who have herded survivors into quarantine zones, they are ruthless and will dish out punishment with extreme prejudice. An underground movement known as the Fireflies is rebelling against them and you, a middle aged man named Joel, are tasked with assisting them in escorting a young girl named Ellie across the country for she holds the cure to the virus that has plagued the world for 20 years.
    The story takes place over roughly a year and shows how Joel & Ellie's relationship changes from two people who are stuck with each other to that of a Father and Daughter scenario. This brings in some great plotlines usually revolving around concepts such as life and death or survival.
    The graphical standard of TLoU is simply mind-blowing, this is probably the best looking PS3 game ever made, from the lighting to the motion capture and textures, everything is utterly beautiful in TLoU.
    The multiplayer is also fun and doesn't compromise the main storylines quality.
    In short TLoU is a 12-15 hour thrill ride. If Telltale's The Walking Dead and Resident Evil 4 had a baby (whilst Uncharted was briefly involved for a threesome) this would be it. The Last of Us is superb from heart wrenching beginning to tear jerking end and once you are done all you want to do is go back and play it again and again.
  92. Jun 23, 2013
    I have got to start off this review by giving a big round of applause for Naughty Dog on yet another great hit, if not amazing. I have to say this is the best game I have played in years, and that's saying a lot with all the games I play. This games story is brilliant, sad, happy, depressing, gross, and somehow pulls all that off. There's nothing here I can say that pulled me away from theI have got to start off this review by giving a big round of applause for Naughty Dog on yet another great hit, if not amazing. I have to say this is the best game I have played in years, and that's saying a lot with all the games I play. This games story is brilliant, sad, happy, depressing, gross, and somehow pulls all that off. There's nothing here I can say that pulled me away from the experience. Aside from a few visual glitches (arms through bodies, people stuck inside stairs), this games pulls everything together and makes it one of the best games ever made. The shooting mechanics are great, the lack of ammo in the world really adds to the feeling of hopelessness, the letters you find in the game world really put you in someones else's shoes and shows a bit of back story. The prologue of the game was the hook that really pulls you in, and kept me playing for the next 3-4 hours. Also I was absolutely amazed at the graphics in this game, coming from Naughty Dog you already have high expectations and the graphics blew me away. The coolest thing about it is that the load times are so minimal (I have the digital edition, which may make a difference in load times) and the game seamlessly blends cut scenes and action or cut scenes and drama. I also loved the way the characters reacted with each other, there is some really good humor in this game to bring you away from destruction for a bit. I loved the environments in this game, how vines grew up on buildings years old, or travelling through tunnels full of poisonous spores. This game has everything any gamer would want, Uncharted fan or not. Pick this game up now. Expand
  93. Dec 10, 2013
    There is not much i can say about this game. It's a masterpiece in storytelling,pacing and immersion the gameplay is very tight it's almost flawless and the the soundtrack fits perfectly with the game and it's hauntingly beautiful.The graphics and the scenery are breathtaking especially for a game that runs on an 8 year old console. The campaign is EPICLY long!! it took me almost 17 hoursThere is not much i can say about this game. It's a masterpiece in storytelling,pacing and immersion the gameplay is very tight it's almost flawless and the the soundtrack fits perfectly with the game and it's hauntingly beautiful.The graphics and the scenery are breathtaking especially for a game that runs on an 8 year old console. The campaign is EPICLY long!! it took me almost 17 hours to finish it the first and the second time and that's pretty impressive IMO for a single player game which is so good to be this long especially for today's standards, ohh and the campaign itself is EPIC. The game is almost perfect except there are a few glitches which i hated but they are minor problems compared to the full package of what this incredible game offers! Oh and there is MP which is very fun and unique.

There you have it i don't think there will ever be a game that will leave a special feeling in your heart like this! 10/10! if you don't play this you fail as a gamer simple as that.
  94. Aug 8, 2013
    I think of The Last of Us and I think of perfection. I think of a game that is just brilliant and will be looked upon by the future generations to come. The story is brilliant. The gameplay is fun, smooth, and fluid. The graphics are gorgeous. The sound is superb. As for the game…it truly is a masterpiece.

FULL REVIEW AT: http://hapticzone.wordpress.com/
  95. Jul 7, 2013
    This is one of the only games I've played that I would call a masterpiece. Never have I seen every aspect of a game work so well together. The story, the game play, everything. It's all so perfect, and so dark. Definitely a transcendent piece or art.
  96. Jun 18, 2013
    A masterpiece, Naughty Dog delivers once again. The last of us is well acted, well written and beautiful as well as dreary and depressing. There isn't a studio out there putting nearly as much care and love into what they do that Naughty dog does. So much care has been put into the characters and story, so much subtle and beautiful animation detail into the faces in the cutscenes. SeeingA masterpiece, Naughty Dog delivers once again. The last of us is well acted, well written and beautiful as well as dreary and depressing. There isn't a studio out there putting nearly as much care and love into what they do that Naughty dog does. So much care has been put into the characters and story, so much subtle and beautiful animation detail into the faces in the cutscenes. Seeing the relationship change between Joel and Ellie was breath taking and had me shouting at my TV in anger at Joel.

I know what you're thinking... Post apocalyptic, zombie like creatures, no Nathan Drake... Well stop! I understand your pre-conceived notions of how these games are. This isn't the walking dead, it's not Fallout and it certainly isn't Uncharted although the game mechanics share a lot of similarities. The gun play in this game is vastly improved from what Naughty Dog has done before and although sometimes the AI will prove me wrong the AI is much more intelligent. But most importantly killing the AI in this game is more meaningful as you feel like you're protecting Ellie and will do whatever it takes to get her through this world safely.

As a final note I would suggest you play through this without caring for trophies as you will not get the bulk of them until the end of your third play through. I understand the appeal of trophies as I wear my platinum's for all of Naughty Dog's games with pride. But after finishing the game on hard you will only have 8% of the trophies. Good luck and have fun!
  97. Jun 25, 2013
    It's perfect and I honestly don't know what to say other than that. The characters, the environment, the realism, I just don't see how anyone could hate this game (I guess if you have a weak stomach). ND doesn't hold back with this shocker of a game. Some scenes left me breathless with a feeling of "wow, that just happened..."

ND did a phenomenal job and this is my personal GOTY.
  98. Aug 16, 2013
    While this game is a bit overrated, it is an excellent game nonetheless. It has an amazing story that captures and immerses the player. It's a bit predictable at times, but it's so well acted and it reads so much like a book that it is truly something special. The gameplay is not too good though. It's fun at first, but after awhile, it becomes repetitive as the challenge simply becomes:While this game is a bit overrated, it is an excellent game nonetheless. It has an amazing story that captures and immerses the player. It's a bit predictable at times, but it's so well acted and it reads so much like a book that it is truly something special. The gameplay is not too good though. It's fun at first, but after awhile, it becomes repetitive as the challenge simply becomes: think inside this box some more. It would have been better had there been challenges that forced you to think beyond what you've been thinking for the latter half of the game. However, failures aside, this game is a must play, don't let anyone tell you otherwise. Expand
  99. Jul 5, 2013
    NO SPOILERS I promise! To start I was not really interested in this game. I have enjoyed the uncharted series, but survival games really don't interest me at all. I had nothing else to play, so I picked this game up. I have to say AMAZING! So glad I decided to buy this game. The story is just above what other games are producing. I have not played a game in a while that had me so tuned toNO SPOILERS I promise! To start I was not really interested in this game. I have enjoyed the uncharted series, but survival games really don't interest me at all. I had nothing else to play, so I picked this game up. I have to say AMAZING! So glad I decided to buy this game. The story is just above what other games are producing. I have not played a game in a while that had me so tuned to my TV. A wonderful story that everyone should enjoy. Expand
  100. Jun 25, 2013
    I have played hundreds of games in my life time, from outer space alien shooters to pirate wannabes of monkey island, but never ever have I come to play such a brilliantly created game as Last of Us. The game is perfectly ridden, it has eye dropping landscapes and heartfelt characters. I can not say anything more of this game, it is just the best game I have ever played.
  101. Jun 26, 2013
    The Last Of US is one of those rare games that come out every now and then. It is a game so immersive and emotional it will actually make you care about the protagonists. The emotion this game can bring out in the player is astonishing. The Last Of Us is excellent in every major way. All the minor details really add to the amazing atmosphere that the game accomplishes. I found myself neverThe Last Of US is one of those rare games that come out every now and then. It is a game so immersive and emotional it will actually make you care about the protagonists. The emotion this game can bring out in the player is astonishing. The Last Of Us is excellent in every major way. All the minor details really add to the amazing atmosphere that the game accomplishes. I found myself never wanting to put it down and really investing myself in the main characters. The game does have minuscule issues, but the fantastic storyline more then makes up for any negatives. Collapse

1. Sep 16, 2013
  2. Sep 10, 2013
  3. Despite the breakneck pace of the prologue, it takes quite a while for The Last of Us to pick up some speed again. However, once the cold harsh winter arrives, the action (and story) ramps up. So much so, it puts most Hollywood productions to shame. [July 2013, p.76]