• Publisher: SCEA
  • Release Date: Jun 14, 2013
9.1

1. Jun 23, 2013
    Naughty Dog have set the standard for their Playstation exclusives next year and beyond if I had been previously on the fence about buying the Playstation 4, this game alone would have swayed me. I can't wait to see what ND have to offer next-gen.
  2. Jun 24, 2013
    First off about me:
    I don't own a stupid PlayStation 3, nor have I ever owned a PlayStation before. I hate the controller feel.. I have always had an Xbox...
    First off about me:

I borrowed my brother-in-law's PlayStation 3 for the past week. I heard good reviews about 'The Last Of Us' video game and rented it at red box to give it a whirl. After 1 hour of gameplay I still hated the controller and struggled to learn it but the gameplay was unreal, the only thing I can compare the game to is Half-Life. After 3 days of renting the red box, I had to return the console to my brother-in-law's.. I wanted to finish the game, but not only that I wanted the game. If I could I would re-format my Xbox 360 into a platform that would play this game. I returned the red box, then purchased this game brand spanking new. I played it for a grand total of 14 hours straight, didn't sleep at all for one day just because I was so engulfed into the game, emotionally it was playing my feelings like a puppet, I felt so close to the characters at the end that I feel like I was with them! I beat the game and I usually get all ADHD (I have that) and never pick up a game again after beating it.. But I want to play it over and over again, and I haven't even played multiplayerr yet!
    I was going to get an Xbox One, but after playing this game, I now am banking my whole decision on This game alone. If naughty dog announces they are going to open up to other consoles, I will be getting it on the xbox one. If not.. I'm getting a PS4.
    I am a master at the controller now, and love that game. Keep making more!
  3. Jun 26, 2013
    An absolutely marvelous game its a must but for every ps3 owner the story line cannot compare to any game you have ever played before. You are hooked on the game from the second you pick it up
  4. Jun 25, 2013
    The game is simply amazing. The gameplay is varied, deep and intense. The plot and characters are hearty and emotionally provoking. The environments are immersive and well-crafted. Technically it's nearly flawless and while having several obvious flaws and faults, it's a masterpiece in execution and a powerful piece of interactive entertainment. It's fun, it's smart, it's emotional, it'sThe game is simply amazing. The gameplay is varied, deep and intense. The plot and characters are hearty and emotionally provoking. The environments are immersive and well-crafted. Technically it's nearly flawless and while having several obvious flaws and faults, it's a masterpiece in execution and a powerful piece of interactive entertainment. It's fun, it's smart, it's emotional, it's polished, it's rewarding but above all it's (as the title suggests) one the last of the truly great games of this generation. Expand
  5. Dec 17, 2013
    When I wrote this review, 299 people gave a negative user score. I'm not sure if they played the same game that I did. From my countless hours spent on this games single player (I've hardly even touched the multiplayer), I can tell you that this game is among the best I've ever played, and anyone's likely to ever play. It's simply a masterpiece.
  6. Jul 13, 2013
    The Last of Us is honestly (with the Walking Dead game) the best game i have ever played. Every single thing about this game is perfect.The gameplay, the emotional story, the incredible voice and physical acting, the music, it never gets boring, and its compelling, exciting, emotional, sad, fun and a masterpiece of gaming. Please, for the love of game lovers, play this game. if MetacriticThe Last of Us is honestly (with the Walking Dead game) the best game i have ever played. Every single thing about this game is perfect.The gameplay, the emotional story, the incredible voice and physical acting, the music, it never gets boring, and its compelling, exciting, emotional, sad, fun and a masterpiece of gaming. Please, for the love of game lovers, play this game. if Metacritic would let me, i would give this game an 11! Expand
  7. Jun 22, 2013
    As of this moment this is my game of the generation, The Last of Us has a fantastic story and fantastic gameplay, cinematics, voice acting, music, and graphics to back it up. The story is made much better because of the way that the game presents it, the voice acting is perfect and the cinematics make it feel like you're watching a movie. I won't go into detail of the story at all becauseAs of this moment this is my game of the generation, The Last of Us has a fantastic story and fantastic gameplay, cinematics, voice acting, music, and graphics to back it up. The story is made much better because of the way that the game presents it, the voice acting is perfect and the cinematics make it feel like you're watching a movie. I won't go into detail of the story at all because it's better to find out yourself. All I'll say is that it's the most realistic portrayal of the struggles and horror of a post apocalyptic world that I've ever seen. The gameplay is also really great, it's mostly a stealth game when it comes to gameplay, but you can approach a situation in any way you like. You can try to stay undetected or you can run around and just shoot everybody. It's a lot easier and much more satisfactory and rewarding to play it with stealth though. You can get many different guns and types of equipment to help you through the game, like molotovs and bombs that explode when an enemy gets near it. Equipment like that really allows you to play the way that you want to and it creates a lot of variation in the gameplay. You can craft equipment with supplies that you pick up throughout the game, and it's a really useful feature. Throughout the game you will also find supplements that Joel, the main playable character, can use to upgrade himself with things like more health and crafting speed. There's a similar thing that you can do to weapons, but you have to be at a crafting table to upgrade weapons, you can upgrade Joel anywhere in the game. I'll say that The Last of Us has the best graphics on any current generation console, the textures, the lighting effects, the water effects, the landscapes, and the environments all look perfect. Some of the landscapes are even some of the most beautiful landscapes that I've ever seen in a video game. Each environment creates just the right atmosphere for what's happening, there's never one that doesn't belong. The Last of Us also has multiplayer, and it's a surprisingly fun multiplayer experience. It has a very interesting concept in which you join one of two factions from the single player mode and you "collect supplies" from the enemies that you kill and your faction will gain more followers. If you fail to collect enough supplies, your faction members will become hungry, sick, and may die. The whole faction system gives the multiplayer a lot more replayability. Overall, The Last of Us is undoubtedly one of the best games of the generation and one of the best of all time, there's not a single moment in the game that's forgettable. The Last of Us delivers one of the most beautifully presented stories in a video game and has fantastic gameplay, every person who likes video games should play it. Expand
  8. Jul 8, 2013
    Quarter to Three gave it 60 points out of 100, what is more than ridiculous. A great game like The Last of Us degraded with this one review. You might think it was just a mistake from them, but no. Also really good games like Far Cry 3 or Bioshock Infinite got rated really bad. But of course games like Zen Pinball 3D deserves 100 out of 100 and not Far Cry, Bioshock or The Last of Us.Quarter to Three gave it 60 points out of 100, what is more than ridiculous. A great game like The Last of Us degraded with this one review. You might think it was just a mistake from them, but no. Also really good games like Far Cry 3 or Bioshock Infinite got rated really bad. But of course games like Zen Pinball 3D deserves 100 out of 100 and not Far Cry, Bioshock or The Last of Us. Unbelievable. Why people who obviously have no idea what games are about have a game review web site and not the 2000 person who know what games are about.

Now the actual review.
    Graphics(10/10): TLOU comes up with the probably best graphics ever. These little detail failures are usual nothing bad. Especially the water and the light are almost divine.
    Sound (10/10): The Sound in TLOU can't be beat by another game except Heavy Rain. The infected sound as realistic as it's possible and the usual surrounding is stunning. The light accents with orchestra music are incredible.
    Story (09/10): Without the attempt to spoiler about it, i just can describe it with one word unbelievably.
    Gameplay (10/10): The gameplay from TLOU seems to be like a next-gen Uncharted. Even the currently generation (specially Uncharted 2 & 3) is great.

A clear candidate for the Game of the Year Award !
    The Last of Us is the final evidence that also video games can be art.
  9. Jun 27, 2013
    This is the best game of the year so far and one of the only game I would give a perfect score it's gameplay kept me on edge. I was so into this game and it's zombie story was pretty original. So to all you haters out their saying this game is bad you need to shut up because this is a great game.Anybody with a ps3 needs to buy this game.
  10. Jun 18, 2013
    It only takes about 5 minutes into the game for you to be completely sucked into Naughty Dog's brilliant yet horrifying world. The game invites players to journey across a destroyed America as Joel and Ellie, two lost survivors brought together by chance. After about 17 hours of the single player campaign, you will never want to let them go. This game is a testament to the power ofIt only takes about 5 minutes into the game for you to be completely sucked into Naughty Dog's brilliant yet horrifying world. The game invites players to journey across a destroyed America as Joel and Ellie, two lost survivors brought together by chance. After about 17 hours of the single player campaign, you will never want to let them go. This game is a testament to the power of hope, love, and desperation. Another stunning performance by team Naughty Dog. 10 out of 10. Expand
  11. Jul 6, 2013
    Naughty Dog does it again, amazing graphics, amazing game-play, amazing story, i have been playing the game for hours especially the multiplayer its something new and different really loved it, one word for it amazing
  12. Jun 22, 2013
    I can understand why some people consider this game over hyped. If you approach the game as a stealth/shooter only, you will be disappointed. Not because it's bad, it's not, but because this game is about more than what you control.

This game is about characters, about traveling through a world that wants to you dead, and surviving at all costs. If you're anything like me this game will touch you emotionally, you will empathise with their struggle, and be disturbed at how cruel the world has become, and how real it all could be. This may be lost on those that are too young, or incapable of letting themselves become immersed in the story. If you aren't however, this is not a game you will soon forget.
  13. Jul 28, 2013
    The Last of Us for PlayStation 3 is one of the defining video games of this generation, Naughty Dog once again shows that they are not only one of the best developers in the industry, but they also show with The Last of Us that they are some of the best storytellers period.

The story is a dark, gritty and brutal journey of survival with the main characters Joel and Ellie, I'm not going to spoil anything about the game but rest assured this is a great story with some fantastic characters.

The gameplay is a stealth/action survival game with horror elements, with both infected and human enemies that have very smart A.I. and are a challenge to fight, especially on higher difficulties. I think the "Clicker" Infected enemy is one of the best enemies in a video game, The sound they make can create a very tense atmosphere in the gameplay, the human enemies are just as fun to fight as they are very intelligent in how they try to take you out and how they try to find you when you are hidden.

Just keep in mind that the game is very dark, very brutal and violent, If you do not like these type of things then you may want to consider whether the game will be your kind of experience.

Overall The Last of Us is a fantastic experience that should not be missed, If you have a PS3 then you should most definitely pick this game up immediately, If you don't have a PS3 then this game is the definition of a system seller.
  14. Jul 7, 2013
    I love when one of 5% of people who didn't like this game say "look im going to write an honest review this game is so overrated" I know it's your opinion but don't act like it's a fact that this game is overrated just because you didn't appreciate it you're in a very very small group. Personally I couldn't give this game less than a 10 because I took it for what it was, an experienceI love when one of 5% of people who didn't like this game say "look im going to write an honest review this game is so overrated" I know it's your opinion but don't act like it's a fact that this game is overrated just because you didn't appreciate it you're in a very very small group. Personally I couldn't give this game less than a 10 because I took it for what it was, an experience more than a game and what an experience it was. I was attached to the characters and the story and by the time I was halfway through adored the complex relationship between Joel and Ellie. I have never played a game like this and the level of brilliance (in my opinion) that it achieved rivals the first time I played Bioshock or the first time I saw Blade Runner the final cut. Anyway this is just my opinion but if I didn't try to persuade at least one person to buy this game I would be doing them and Naughty Dog a disservice. Naughty Dog does it like few other companies and this is another one for the ages. Expand
  15. Nov 24, 2013
    10 out of 10 in the fact that this is the best Action game I have ever played. If it was the best game I have played over the last 30 years or so playing games then I would put it in my Top 10 experiences no problem. Top 5 would be pushing it though tbh as once it is finished then that is that but what a story to play though. Video games story telling and acting has gone up a notch with10 out of 10 in the fact that this is the best Action game I have ever played. If it was the best game I have played over the last 30 years or so playing games then I would put it in my Top 10 experiences no problem. Top 5 would be pushing it though tbh as once it is finished then that is that but what a story to play though. Video games story telling and acting has gone up a notch with this release even after Bioshock Infinite. Superb. Expand
  16. Jun 25, 2013
    This game is simply flawless! I have never played a game with such focus and fear and i love that!! I was actually disappointed when i finished the game because i wanted to play so much more of it. It has all these elements combined and they work amazingly together. It has an awesome story and the acting was really good. A very good human survival game. Walking through a dark creepy roomThis game is simply flawless! I have never played a game with such focus and fear and i love that!! I was actually disappointed when i finished the game because i wanted to play so much more of it. It has all these elements combined and they work amazingly together. It has an awesome story and the acting was really good. A very good human survival game. Walking through a dark creepy room with no ammo? Baby im home. Expand
  17. Aug 2, 2013
    Perfect games are rare, yet in a FPS dominated market, we need them more than ever. I was worried about the last of us just being yet another Zombie shooter when it was first announced, yet when i did buy this game, i found out it was the grittiest, cleverest, most emotional game i have ever played, a new take on a zombie apocolypse, the last of us deserves every point of a 10/10.
  18. Jun 26, 2013
    pure masterpiece, almost all the technical and art direction wise are perfect, pushing the power of PS3 until it's limit (yes it does take sometimes to load it, but hell, it was worth the time). characters are so believable, the world are beautifully creepy, and the game play are intense. everything worth the time you spend for the game. exploring the areas gave you valuable rewards forpure masterpiece, almost all the technical and art direction wise are perfect, pushing the power of PS3 until it's limit (yes it does take sometimes to load it, but hell, it was worth the time). characters are so believable, the world are beautifully creepy, and the game play are intense. everything worth the time you spend for the game. exploring the areas gave you valuable rewards for the next encounters, and also collectibles (notes, etc). even you are not really into this genre (survival/action) (i'm not really a fan for survival games) this still a must play for PS3 owners. Expand
  19. Jun 24, 2013
    Although barely hitting the standard of a near-perfect video game, it doesn't really take that to be at least in the 9/10 range. Apart from a few slightly unrealistic animations and concepts in the game (i.e. health regenerates almost instantly; your character grabs objects as if they were in different places), the game is amazing. The plot is pretty complex with a great backstory, theAlthough barely hitting the standard of a near-perfect video game, it doesn't really take that to be at least in the 9/10 range. Apart from a few slightly unrealistic animations and concepts in the game (i.e. health regenerates almost instantly; your character grabs objects as if they were in different places), the game is amazing. The plot is pretty complex with a great backstory, the dialogue is immersing, and the graphics are excellent. Although not flawless, on consoles of this generation, only a handful of games can claim such a high acclaim. On a curved scale, like for nearly every review website, this game deserves my perfect ten. Expand
  20. Jun 19, 2013
    This game was perfect nothing wrong with it at all I love the story the gameplay the online multiplayer and the story is one of the best stories I have been told in gaming if not the best in gaming just get this game you will find everything perfect that you wanted
  21. Jul 6, 2013
    From the minute I started playing it, I puked rainbows for how beautiful the graphics are in this game. In the minutes before the official start of the game, I started crying for how sad it was (for reasons not in this review). The game play is incredible and difficult for the fact that you don't need to fight every battle which is exactly what I felt for the first time in this game. Yes,From the minute I started playing it, I puked rainbows for how beautiful the graphics are in this game. In the minutes before the official start of the game, I started crying for how sad it was (for reasons not in this review). The game play is incredible and difficult for the fact that you don't need to fight every battle which is exactly what I felt for the first time in this game. Yes, the friendly A.I. are seemingly invisible, but would you like it if they moved across on their own will and got eaten by the clicker? No, you wouldn't. It takes a little bit of realism out of it, but is that all that harmful. Food and water is another minor issue with the game. Overall, I know it was the survival game that is both graphically pleasing, difficult, and enjoyable with a great story to add to the experience. I did not mind spending 60 to get this game, it was well worth it. Expand
  22. Jun 23, 2013
    Wow! Where do I start, this film is fantastic for gameplay, story, graphics and characters.

But there a few things to be aware of: 1. This game is best played on hard mode (to maximise survival horror aspect) 2. Tun OFF the hearing feature that lets you "see" through walls (as above) 3. There are a couple of glitch type bugs but no gamebreakers Apart from that, this game is as

But there a few things to be aware of:
    1. This game is best played on hard mode (to maximise survival horror aspect)
    2. Tun OFF the hearing feature that lets you "see" through walls (as above)
    3. There are a couple of glitch type bugs but no gamebreakers

Apart from that, this game is as good as it gets, as intense and scary as Dead Space (in parts), the combat and stealth are slick and well-ballanced, and the environments are drop dead gorgeous.

You owe it to yourself to play this game.

Enjoy!
  23. Jun 18, 2013
    The Last of Us is not a game, in the same way a book is not a magazine. And The Last of Us feels like a damn good book. I went in to this game expecting another Telltale's The Walking Dead, I expected The Last of Us to drag drearily forward with a tale that would leave me depressed for a week. But at every point in the game where it hit that emotionally rotten rock, it bounced back withThe Last of Us is not a game, in the same way a book is not a magazine. And The Last of Us feels like a damn good book. I went in to this game expecting another Telltale's The Walking Dead, I expected The Last of Us to drag drearily forward with a tale that would leave me depressed for a week. But at every point in the game where it hit that emotionally rotten rock, it bounced back with some of the most legitimate feel good moments I have ever experienced in this form of entertainment. So much so that more than once when Joel would make a light chuckle or crack a smile, I found myself doing the same just a second before he did. The writing is beautiful and the characters I met along my journey felt like real companions.
    The world always felt bigger than it really was, and the level design was crafted so masterfully that I found myself going the right direction without ever looking at a map or searching for the way to go, with one exception. There is a part in the game where you reach a hotel and there are multiple floors. Being that it is a hotel, every room, hallway, and balcony looks kind of the same, I spent much longer than I would have liked searching for the way to go, and even when the on screen hint popped up I was still unsure of where I was supposed to be heading. It wasn't until I spotted a fairly hidden stairwell that I was back on track. It was immersion breaking to say the least, but it was also a very rare and isolated incident.
    The only other problem I could foresee with The Last of Us is it's difficulty. Those who aren't good at stealth games, will struggle a lot with the heavy stealth moments. Players who want to go guns blazing will find themselves out of bullets and cornered. Those who don't want to scavenge will find themselves low on resources and annoyed. These same difficulties are what crafted an amazing experience for me. This game is very niche. Don't let the high scores fool you, this game is not for everyone. But I recommend everyone at least try it.
    I have not played the multiplayer yet, but it wouldn't affect my score regardless. 10/10
  24. Jun 17, 2013
    I'll start of by saying that the game is fantastic, it really is. In fact, I would go as far as to say that it's my favourite single player game so far. Multiplayer, not so much. The story is extremely well written, well executed and incredibly engaging. From the get go you feel emotionally intertwined with the characters, you feel what they feel. No other game has taken me through so manyI'll start of by saying that the game is fantastic, it really is. In fact, I would go as far as to say that it's my favourite single player game so far. Multiplayer, not so much. The story is extremely well written, well executed and incredibly engaging. From the get go you feel emotionally intertwined with the characters, you feel what they feel. No other game has taken me through so many emotions, whether that's scared, happy, saddened, excited or just my pants.
    The last Of Us delivers breathtaking scenery. The world is beautifully crafted, with an immense amount of depth. Back stories, visible events (as in, blood trails left on the floor from a fight) and decay are everywhere. The representation of a post apocalyptic world is second to non. The world is greatly explorable, giving a feeling of a non-linear path even though it actually is. You have optional mini side quests for loot and goodies (which I would highly recommend doing!)
    The game is scary, no doubt; however, it doesn't let that over-ride the story. There is a great balance of horror and non horror story driven elements. The enemies are menacing and deadly, and in great supply, but the game does allow for breather periods where you can freely explore and truly take in the gorgeous scenery.
    I can honestly say that in all my years of gaming, nothing has quite touched me like this. I may of only spent 12 hours playing, but them 12 hours where fantastic from start to finish. Nothing about this game, in my eyes is negative (apart from fishy AI at times). If you were considering picking this game up, I would suggest that if you like a challenge, with horror elements and a brilliant story, you should snap at this game and enjoy it. After all, if you pay for it, you deserve what you get.
  25. Jun 17, 2013
    Let me start this review by saying that The Last of Us is the most emotional experience I have ever had with video games. I've been playing games for a very long time dating all the way back to the NES and not once have I ever came so close to crying as with this game. The writing is fantastic, the game play is top notch, the graphics are absolutely gorgeous, and the voice acting is someLet me start this review by saying that The Last of Us is the most emotional experience I have ever had with video games. I've been playing games for a very long time dating all the way back to the NES and not once have I ever came so close to crying as with this game. The writing is fantastic, the game play is top notch, the graphics are absolutely gorgeous, and the voice acting is some of the best in the business. I didn't think that we'd get these kind of graphics with dated hardware but this game is a testament to the PS3's power. For anyone looking for a one of a kind experience in gaming, do yourself a favor and purchase this game. Naughty Dog has done it again and should be hailed as a top tier developer. I'd probably put this game in my top 10 of all time and maybe even top 5. It's definitely a good way to end a console generation, and hopefully we will see a sequel for the next gen. Expand
  26. Jun 20, 2013
    I have never before felt compelled to give a review on a game in my life. I signed up solely for this purpose.

Video games have had a pretty standard formula for many years. Genres trundle along, evolving, merging, supplying us masses with many a great game. The Last of Us doesn't give us any real new game mechanics, everything here has been done before, in various ways, and with

The Last of Us doesn't give us any real new game mechanics, everything here has been done before, in various ways, and with varying success. What it does, it does very well. The elements of stealth, gunplay, exploration all feel very solid. It is graphically outstanding, and provides many a 'wow look at that' moment.

What sets this game apart, is somewhat hard to explain. Never has a game made me feel emotional to the extent that The Last of Us has. This really is a game to savour, to take your time with, to explore. The characters feel like strangers to begin with, as they should, but as you play, slowly, you get to know them. It's a cliché, but the journey is important. It's not a game about ploughing through and stomping heads, but about people, in a situation.

I have never played a game before where I have been so eager to see that next cut scene, or to trigger that next snippet of dialogue, and I find myself hanging on every word, and every expression. The relationship between Joel and Ellie is fascinating, and hands down the best voice acing in any game I've played.

It's difficult to say too much without spoilers, and if there is ever one game you dont want to be spoiled, this is it.

I have played this game as I believe it was meant to be played. Slowly, thoughtfully and cautiously. I can understand how it will not appeal to everyone, and not everyone will get the point. It's a game for a mature gamer, a trend which I hope Naughty Dog will continue.

Truly brilliant.
  27. Jun 27, 2013
    An atmosphere and setting filled with so much detail, its impossible to not appreciate. Naughty Dog delivers again... I'm now on my 3rd playthrough and I find it to be better each time I play. The game has so much replay-ability. And also to mention the awesome job they did with the Multiplayer. 10/10 game of the generation for me.
  28. Aug 24, 2013
    This game, it is not a game, it is an epic. An epic in the art of storytelling, and it comes with gameplay too. I would be content just to watch the cutscenes and pay money for it. This game is the most amazing experience I have had in a video game. (other than shadow of the colossus) People say this is just another zombie game, and they are sort of right, this is a story of the hardshipsThis game, it is not a game, it is an epic. An epic in the art of storytelling, and it comes with gameplay too. I would be content just to watch the cutscenes and pay money for it. This game is the most amazing experience I have had in a video game. (other than shadow of the colossus) People say this is just another zombie game, and they are sort of right, this is a story of the hardships and a record of surviving the apocalypse. This game deserves 10 of 10, 5 of 5 and every best game of the year awards for the next 5 years. Expand
  29. Jun 18, 2013
    I can understand how some fans of lesser games could see The Last of Us' action as disappointing. However, I have been a fan of third-person action games for the strong majority of my life and it is my honest opinion that this game does it on par with the best, which is no surprise since it was created by Naughty Dog, who are no strangers to the third-person action genre. No matter how youI can understand how some fans of lesser games could see The Last of Us' action as disappointing. However, I have been a fan of third-person action games for the strong majority of my life and it is my honest opinion that this game does it on par with the best, which is no surprise since it was created by Naughty Dog, who are no strangers to the third-person action genre. No matter how you view the gameplay though, the narrative is the most finely crafted story I have yet to experience in its medium. Frankly, I can only hope that games in the future take notes on how to create narratives half as good as The Last of Us featured. Joel and Ellie have inevitably been added to my list of characters I actually cared for, which is regrettably a small list. Naughty Dog and specifically, the team behind The Last of Us have earned my respect and considering their continued pursuit of excellence in their games, my wallet. Bravo. Expand
  30. Jun 18, 2013
    As an avid gamer and an Uncharted fan, I have been awaiting this games release for a few years now. I rarely ever preorder games because I have had bad luck with titles like God of War turning out to be flops, but I preordered this as I had a good feeling naught dog would come through with a masterpiece. I am not very far into the game yet, but man is this game beautiful. The graphics areAs an avid gamer and an Uncharted fan, I have been awaiting this games release for a few years now. I rarely ever preorder games because I have had bad luck with titles like God of War turning out to be flops, but I preordered this as I had a good feeling naught dog would come through with a masterpiece. I am not very far into the game yet, but man is this game beautiful. The graphics are awesome, gameplay is incredible, and the story is even better than that! The Last of Us definitely lived up to its hype, and I don't regret preordering it one bit. I have yet to play the multiplayer yet but if its anything like the campaign I know it will be sweet. Expand
  31. Jun 19, 2013
    This game pulls on the heart strings!!!! If your looking for anther uncharted this is not it. But IMHO it blows uncharted out of the water as well as adding a new IP to dev naughty dog's gold line up hell I made this account just to say how good this game is! Naughty dog if you pick up and run with this IP you will get my money every time!
  32. Jun 19, 2013
    I just finished the game and I am seriously floored, no game has made me feel the way the last of us has and I have been playing games for a long time. If you own a ps3 you must buy this game, and if you do not own a ps3, the last of us justifies the purchase of the console on its own. This game it is an emotional roller coaster that you cannot miss out on as a gamer, and I can guaranteeI just finished the game and I am seriously floored, no game has made me feel the way the last of us has and I have been playing games for a long time. If you own a ps3 you must buy this game, and if you do not own a ps3, the last of us justifies the purchase of the console on its own. This game it is an emotional roller coaster that you cannot miss out on as a gamer, and I can guarantee that you will never have an experience this vividly intoxicating and unique from any other game. Expand
  33. Jun 19, 2013
    This is one of the most emotionally engaging, intense, and graphically superior games I have ever played. Surprisingly, there are not any frame rate issues and lagging despite how...next gen it its. Scavenging actually doesn't get boring because of all the detail that is in the houses and well everything. So even if there wasn't any reason to go into the houses I still would, just to lookThis is one of the most emotionally engaging, intense, and graphically superior games I have ever played. Surprisingly, there are not any frame rate issues and lagging despite how...next gen it its. Scavenging actually doesn't get boring because of all the detail that is in the houses and well everything. So even if there wasn't any reason to go into the houses I still would, just to look at the stuff. Oh yeah the story is probably one of the best in recent gaming history. It never bored me for a second. Expand
  34. Jun 19, 2013
    Un juego exente, con una trama envolvente y un gameplay interesante digno de rejugavilidad. Eso, tiene un par de bugs y hay un par de mecánicas que podrían ser refinadas, pero por lo demás el juego es casi impecable.
  35. dtl
    Jun 19, 2013
    I don't usually play this kind of game. I tried Uncharted. It was fine, but it did nothing for me. My brother saw something in the trailers, and early scores, though, and got me to look into it. By the time i'd seen them, I knew I had to buy and play this game.

The game I got was far better even than the game I thought I was buying. Though imperfect, the combat is quite good, but where the game really shines is in the interactions between Joel and Ellie. There is a lot of emotion in them, but they are pitch perfect in it. Never have I wanted to protect a character that much in my entire history of gaming, which stretches quite a ways back now. I would look back and watch her follow me not because she ever failed, or because i had to, but because I truly cared. I laughed. I smiled my head off. I even cried a few times. Yet I never felt like they were manipulating my emotions, because there was an honesty to the story. I have to bow down to the people who made this game.

One note, this is not a relaxing game. It is engaging. it is intense. It is stressful. It is worth every second I spent playing it. It may be too early to tell how how I'll feel about it in the future, but Ii bet that in twenty years, I'll still be telling everyone how much I loved it. It is not only one of the best games to this point in history, it transcends the medium. This amazing game is what art should be, not what often passes itself off as it.
  36. Jun 20, 2013
    A marvelous adventure. Lenghty, mature, brutal, touching and beautiful. It has its own pace, doesn't care about entertainment and its the first game through my 25 years as a gamer, to feel like a excellent old leather cover book. Kudos to Naughty Dog and Sony to take this bold step and deliver once more an experience "Like no other".
  37. Jun 20, 2013
    I will NOT spoil this wonderful game for you, as you need to experience it yourself!

Right from the get go, THE LAST OF US has you fully intrigued into this beautiful wasteland in which NAUGHTY DOG have done one hell of a job imagining! The way in which it opens is better than most narratives, the way it makes you feel is unlike anything I have ever felt towards a video game (or most movies for that matter) in my life. One reason THE LAST OF US' narrative is unmatched by most games, is because it has a cast of brilliant actors who are extremely believable and the fantastically modeled characters that are animated perfectly that they voice.

(This paragraph, may contain a MINOR SPOILER, skip ahead if you don't want to risk figuring out the plot from what I state here)
    There is a really strong message incorporated into THE LAST OF US. That message being, in a situation such as the post-apocalypse which is filled with crazed, infected humans that want to bite and kill you. The infected aren't the ones to fear, it is the humans! The way in which that is got across is amazingly written and a very difficult choice made easy is made because of it!

Okay, there were a few problems on the gameplay front that will take you away from the immersion such as; the AI (from what I saw previous to its release, I thought the AI was going to be unlike any other, realistic in every way) but it does come with its buginess that sadly kind of takes away from the realistic vibe NAUGHTY DOG seemed to be going for. For example, the enemy NEVER seemed to notice Ellie, or the other allies that tagged along with Joel when they were in clear sight of them (e.g. Ellie would walk right into an enemy and would move by without been spotted) & enemies wouldn't be alerted by a body on the ground. But these problems will not make me subtract any points from what I believe is possibly the greatest game I have ever played! And besides, the bugs glitches have been made up for with some of the best and most brutal killing animations in the history of gaming (each kill seems unique from the last one) you will find yourself cringing at what you will make Joel do to these poor (but evil as hell, so its okay) survivors.

So why do I consider it "the greatest game I have ever played". Well, I like a good story, a story that makes you feel, a story you can not stop following & a story that is simply, told well. THE LAST OF US does all of that PERFECTLY! I have never played a game with so much heart, so much character, so much, AWESOMENESS... the story in THE LAST OF US is so damn powerful and puts all of whom say games are not capable of telling stories that are worth while to shame!

One last thing, about the genre in which THE LAST OF US is categorized into (post-apocalyptic zombie apocalypse) it has done it better than any other narrative in that genre for me! It was perfect and it ended (NO spoiler) differently to expected. And I will be remembering that prologue especially, for years to come (as it is one of the best I have seen in fiction). NOW THAT IS ONE WAY TO OPEN A STORY!

NAUGHTY DOG have done it again folks (they are officially one of the most trustworthy developers that never seem to disappoint!)

---

PLUSES

+ The campaign lasts longer than most linear-based games on the market nowadays (at a finishing time of 14 16 hours when going through it how expected)

+ It actually gives you a bit of a challenge when you play it on the higher difficulties (I hear easy is tricky too, didn't play on it)

+ There are some surprises around every corner

+ OH, HOW THE HELL DID I ALMOST FORGET. The scoring for THE LAST OF US is one of the greatest in fiction (it compliments the fantastic story so well)

+ A popular genre that is slowly sliding down hill, REDEEMED!

THE LAST OF US is (for me)...
    PERFECTION!
    [10/10]
  38. Jun 20, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Há tempos eu procurava por um jogo que me fizesse interessar pela história apresentada, jogabilidade, gráficos, imersão, tensão, medo. Tudo isso você encontra neste jogo épico e com uma história surpreendente.

A tensão o acompanha a cada passo e a cada esquina que você vira.
    O que me impressionou muito foi o fato do conceito ser trabalhado com um fungo parasita que existe de verdade, o ‘cordyceps unilateralis em que apenas insetos são afetados. Produtores, impressionados com a ação do tal fungo, decidiram trabalhar em cima dessa ideia, porém, em vez de insetos, humanos.

O conceito do jogo a sobrevivência, mas a história prende a nossa atenção, deixando o jogo mais envolvente e com aquela sede de querer saber o que vai acontecer adiante!

O protagonista da história (Joel) um dos sobreviventes do ataque de fungos causado na região do Texas. Depois da morte de sua filha Sarah, que foi alvejada por um soldado achando que ela estava com o fungo, Joel passa a viver com sua parceira em Boston numa quarentena em que militares vigiam quem entra e quem sai do local.

Joel precisa se virar, procurando por munições e ferramentas (são muito escassas no jogo) para poder sobreviver nesse mundo frio e solitário, no qual ninguém confiável.

Ellie uma sobrevivente de 14 anos, ela está infectada pelo fungo ‘cordyceps unilateralis’, no entanto, este não a afeta completamente. Após duas semanas que foi infectada, nada acontece, qualquer ser humano afetado pelo vírus em apenas dois dias terá o fungo espalhado completamente no corpo; muitos acham que ela imune ao vírus e pode ser a cura da praga de fungos.

Apesar da idade, Ellie muito sábia e esperta, consegue se virar da melhor maneira possível e de uma boa ajuda ao protagonista, capaz de prover kit médico, achar munições e avisar se Joel está correndo perigo.

O jogo apresentam diversidade em inimigos; desde humanos saqueadores a infectados de 3 estágios, deixando o clima mais tenso.

Cenário: A ambientação possui uma diversidade entre natureza e prédios devastados, passando de um clima úmido e abandonado, para um clima seco, mas com algumas brisas que podem ser sentidas apenas de olhar os balanços das árvores, e até mesmo nas neves, dificultando a visão.

O tempo de jogo de mais ou menos de 12 a 16 horas, dependendo de como você jogar, um tempo considerado bom, pois muitos outros jogos possuem um tempo de jogo de 6 a 10 horas.
    Escolhas no jogo estão relacionadas com diversas ocorrências, como passar por um local sem ser visto, matar um inimigo surdina ou matar de maneira brutal (essa maneira faz muito barulho e chama muita atenção, mas que bacana é!).
    A brutalidade do jogo extrema; socos, pontapés, tiros de 12 no estômago fazem com que as tripas fiquem mostra e explosões que dilaceram todo o corpo dos inimigos. Vale ressaltar que o jogo não recomendado para menores de 18 anos e quem está acostumado com jogos de criança e violência mediana não recomendável jogar nem assistir.
    Objetos como garrafas vazias e blocos de tijolo são essenciais para atordoar ou distrair os inimigos.
    A inteligência artificial está muito boa. Muitas vezes você pode capturar um inimigo como refém, caso você esteja sem bala e atirar, o inimigo escutará que você não tem mais munição e partirá ao ataque. Um ponto negativo em relação inteligência artificial seria algumas partes nas quais parece que os inimigos estão olhando para Ellie (personagem secundário), mas não a enxergam.
    O envolvimento que os saqueadores possuem entre si, capacitando um ataque coordenado e verificando cada canto do ambiente sensacional, significa que na próxima vez que você for jogar, os inimigos vão circular o ambiente de maneira diferente, já que você pode distraí-los para outros lugares com objetos espalhados pelo cenário.
    Um verdadeiro jogo de survival horror, ensinando muitas produtoras como fazer um game de survival horror com uma história empolgante, envolvente, com momentos de tensão e ação. Brilhante, envolvedor, impecável e único, descreve o jogo.
    Não toa que os principais sites de games deram nota 10, os personagens são carismáticos, gráficos belos, jogabilidade estonteante, cenários imersivos, tensão em um ambiente que você não pode contar com a ajuda de qualquer um, materiais e munições escassas tornam o jogo mais adaptativo para um cenário de survival.
    Terminei o modo Campanha no difícil em 16 horas e meia, vasculhando todos os cantos. Mesmo após essas horas jogadas, queria mais tempo, pois a história muito empolgante e dinâmica, com momentos de tensão que deixa o jogo surpreendente. No momento, estou jogando o modo Sobrevivente (que só habilitado após concluir o Campanha no difícil), em que não existe a habilidade de escuta furtiva, as munições e objetos são mais escassos que no modo anterior já citado.
    Concluo que, se no difícil o jogo nos deixa bem imersivo, imagine no Sobrevivente? Muito emocionante!
    Lembre-se:

Faça cada bala valer a pen
  39. Jun 20, 2013
    The PS3 generation may be over, but this doesn't discourage Naughty Dog to release one more hit game before the PS4. The story, the characters, environment, the music, and the complete immersion this game offers is utterly amazing. The Last of Us already set the bar high and the benchmark for the next generation of consoles; however, I am sure that Naughty Dog is up to the task with aThe PS3 generation may be over, but this doesn't discourage Naughty Dog to release one more hit game before the PS4. The story, the characters, environment, the music, and the complete immersion this game offers is utterly amazing. The Last of Us already set the bar high and the benchmark for the next generation of consoles; however, I am sure that Naughty Dog is up to the task with a bigger and better product that we can all enjoy. While I do agree with the 10/10's that critics have given this game and it is rightfully earned by Naughty Dog, however, I gave it a 9 to be completely fair as this game is technically and emotionally brilliant but every game has it's issues. Ellie and other supporting NPC's that follow Joel in his journey are basically ghosts when it comes to the stealth portion of the game, which breaks the immersion. This is a little thing, but I also noticed that in multiplayer, the hit markers are not accurate as I shot through other plays countless of times. With these little issues it broke my heart to give it a 9 or even a 9.5 because I really wanted this to be a 10. No game is ever perfect, nothing ever is; however, The Last of Us is the closest thing yet due to it amazing character-driven story and game. Thank you Naughty Dog, even after finishing the game for the first time, the story of Joel and Ellie still stay with me. Expand
  40. Jun 20, 2013
    Best Game this generation hands down, every second is just perfect. Just making this review to counteract all those butthurt Xbox only fans grow up and get both consoles or all like I did)
  41. Jun 21, 2013
    If I have to sum up what I feel about this game in one word then I'll say Engrossing.
    You can set thro the 17 hours campaign without noticing the time pacing by.
  42. McG
    Jun 21, 2013
    Amazing game, pure perfection yet again from Naughty Dog. Looking at other reviews here you can tell they either haven't played the game or are Xbox fanboys... meh.
  43. Jun 21, 2013
    There is a lot to be said about narrative. When it comes to games it is often easy to forget story and substitute exciting set pieces and flashy graphics. It is easy to allow a player to roam freely around a huge world and do whatever they please in lieu of any true structure. It is easy to grant creative freedom and remove all vestiges of a coherent tale. But what are you left with?There is a lot to be said about narrative. When it comes to games it is often easy to forget story and substitute exciting set pieces and flashy graphics. It is easy to allow a player to roam freely around a huge world and do whatever they please in lieu of any true structure. It is easy to grant creative freedom and remove all vestiges of a coherent tale. But what are you left with?

There has been some degree of debate as to whether or not video games are art. While most of the debate has been based in the visual representation of art, the narrative has been mentioned more than once. Games have become more mature as the industry has grown and, as a result, have become far more than child like distractions. They have become art.
    In the same way that the visual beauty of a painting or photograph can grab the observer, so can the incredible beauty of a digital, interactive landscape. Just as one can become lost in the art of prose from the likes of Hemmingway, Shakesphere, King, or Clancy, so can one lose themselves in an interactive narrative. Just like the combination of the visual and the narrative can captivate the imagination with film, so can the interactive cinematic experience. Video games, in some cases, are art. Period.

The Last of Us is art.

Let me begin the review proper by saying that The Last of Us is NOT perfect. It has flaws and I will point them out, but go into this knowing that even with flaws it gets a perfect score. So I give the final score ahead of the review for this one, 10.

Ok, now, onto the review.

From the very start of The Last of Us we are thrust into a world that is completely believable. The attention to detail the developers placed on this title is obvious and appreciated. Things look, sound, and feel believable and immersion is achieved easily. Joel (our 'hero') is a man with a life. He is clearly a good and simple sort of guy and his life looks to be the same balance of great and terrible that makes real life what it is. Then it is torn away from him. Tragically, torn away.

From then on the familiar is gone. The Joel we see next is a different man. Changed by the past XX years of living in what is left of society. Altered by his experiences in this horrid new world and yet still, there is a hint of the former Joel just under the surface. It is this version of Joel that we take control of, and really get to know.

As Joel and Ellie make their way across America they run into all sorts of challenges. Some are of a physical nature, others moral. What really echoes, however, is the personal journey each takes, alone and together. The narrative is where it is at here, not the excellent gameplay, not the remarkable visuals, the story. But more on that later...

The gameplay in The Last of Us is nothing new in gaming. A third person camera and dual stick movement set the basic controls in familiar territory. L1 aims, R1 fires when aiming or reloads when not aiming. L2 sprints and R2 switches shoulders when aiming and enters into a sort of listening mode when not aiming. X is contextual, square melee attacks, O enters and exits sneak and triangle is another contextual button. The D-pad is assigned to inventory and weapon selection.

Movement and aiming are easy enough and combat feels as brutal and satisfying as one might expect from the trailers. The variety of weapons available is good and there seems to be something for every situation. The enemies are not as varied as in other games but they are perfectly suited for the the story. They also require some thought when engaging as death comes quick and easy in this world.

The only real flaws I can point out come in the form of difficulty spikes. Right when ammunition is critically low you will find yourself in situations that require a lot of it. While this is not done intentionally, the game can become frustratingly difficult. Until you think it out. In EVERY situation where I became stuck I found my solution by rethinking the encounter. For example a room that you have to defend for a certain amount of time will seem terribly difficult and then suddenly you realize that you can set up in a spot and eliminate a good number of baddies from a safe distance and then use your big stuff on the few tough baddies. The game is full of moments like this which works both for and against it at times.

Exploration of each environment of a joy thanks to some of the best visuals this generation of gaming has seen and some of them best level design as well. Each level feels less like a path (though they very much are) and more like a way through. The way in which you traverse these areas is also well planned and thought out and seeing how Ellie and Joel aid one another through the world is a, thankfully, fluid experience and rarely if ever seems gimmicky or intrusive.

All the best gameplay and graphical splendor means little without a solid story, and as I have mentioned, The Last of Us delivers. The story is the entire focus of the game and is kept going by a few clever ways. First of all the gameplay does a wonderful job of serving the story for the most part, managing to stay in context to the story and avoid feeling like just a game most of the time. Secondly the game gives you the opportunity to engage in optional conversations that also help to drive the personal narrative further. Lastly the game seems to revel in it's own story. It really knows that it is telling the story of these people and the journey they undertake and maintains a focus on that story.

It is not often that I feel emotional attachments to game characters. Regardless of how they may try most characters fail to feel real to me. They are perfectly good at serving their purpose, but that is all. Joel and Ellie are more. Elizabeth in Bioshock Infinite impressed me with how well she did things on her own and Ellie is just as impressive and I really cared about what happened to her.
    I felt the pain they endured and enjoyed the moments of levity they shared (want to hear a joke). I was afraid for them and elated for them. In short, I felt an emotional connection with them. It helped that they seemed like real people. In look action, motivation, emotion, even just the way they move. Very convincing.

Listening to the way they speak to each other and what they say makes the relationship between Ellie and Joel one that is not only interesting, it is fascinating and there is a very real sense of history and possibility that exists below the surface. Ellie asks Joel questions about what the world was like before and he avoids them or answers them. Ellie says and does things in a very mature way most of the time, but still has moments of pure child-like wonder.

All in all The Last of Us is a game that plays like an interactive story. There are a few gameplay elements I didnt mention, like an upgrade system for skills and weapons, and a crafting system, that are present but really I just wanted to focus on what makes this game a 10. Sure, everything has to work well but that is the point. It does. Everything works like a game should AND has a story that I would love to read as a novel or comic series, or see as a movie. Its an excellent game wrapped around a superb story.

44. Jun 22, 2013
    A true masterpiece. The story, the characters, the gameplay, all mindblowing good. It's what every game should be like. The thing that stood out the most were the fight scenes. They are cinematic, challenging, and yet give the player a lot of choice unlike the generic shooters of today.

Last of Us is hands down the greatest PS3 game ever made and dare I say the best game of this generation. If you haven't already done so, BUY THIS GAME.
  45. Jun 22, 2013
    The Last of Us. Truly an epic game. The two characters Joel and Ellie are very memorable and just has an impact on you that not just any game can replicate. Everything in the game is amazing. Characters, graphics, atmosphere, and the thing i like about it is that it provides you situations that can actually make you feel like your right there next to them and you gotta do something.The Last of Us. Truly an epic game. The two characters Joel and Ellie are very memorable and just has an impact on you that not just any game can replicate. Everything in the game is amazing. Characters, graphics, atmosphere, and the thing i like about it is that it provides you situations that can actually make you feel like your right there next to them and you gotta do something. Definitely a good game.The only thing that i can say is bad about this game is that certain times you can rage quit a lot. I thought that this game was going to be like another 'Dead Island' or games related to it. I definitely was proven wrong. Truly remarkable game. Expand
  46. Jun 22, 2013
    This game is a rarity, one you won't want to end. This is my personal standard as to whether or not a game is 'good.' You will contemplate the characters and the events of the game after the game has indeed ended, Further proof it is 'good,' it continually forces upon you a suspension of disbelief; and this speaks to its realism in that you will use it a comparison to real lifeThis game is a rarity, one you won't want to end. This is my personal standard as to whether or not a game is 'good.' You will contemplate the characters and the events of the game after the game has indeed ended, Further proof it is 'good,' it continually forces upon you a suspension of disbelief; and this speaks to its realism in that you will use it a comparison to real life possibility. Mario does not have this effect, therefor it doesn't transcend being a video game, like the Last of Us, which is more accurately described as a great entertainment experience. It melds the positives of more narrative-based entertainment mediums with a form of active entertainment, a video game, allowing for further immersion and involvement than a passive form of entertainment, like a good book, even.

speaking to the games characteristics, you have freckles/scars/moles, but probably would prefer to focus on your redeeming qualities out of respect. i acknowledge nothing is perfect, this game included. i still rated it a 10 because it is a powerhouse of effort. this was a human creation that came from a place of love, real work and effort are evident through and through.

- Looting is absolutely rewarding and thrilling, given the scant amount of resources. this blends an organic expository supporting detail throughout the game with a sensible and Rewarding gameplay mechanic.

- the notes and diaries are emotionally evocative. and here's the kicker; you'll kill some clickers and runners, then look around at the disheveled space you're in. you'll read a note and feel sad for those who died, then feel doubly sad when you realize the victims weren't always spirited away, but sometimes they were the very same clicker or runner you killed.

- the somber tone of the game was intended, and was quite successfully established and maintained, meaning the narrative hit the mark perfectly. life is not always happy, even without a mushroom apocalypse. certain moments offer a reprieve however, showing hope, in any circumstances, just like in real life. it can't rain all the time, as they say.

- listen mode should be turned off. plain and simple. you'll feel real tension not knowing what (if anything) is in the next room.

- the game is wonderful to look at. the world, despite all the death, lives and breathes, you want to explore it all and see what there is to see, this graphical fidelity lends to the immersion and the feeling of "i want more time with this game, to see all the pretty stuff!"

- the characters seem real, they are not perfect heroes, at times you might find Ellie annoying, but this IS a fourteen year old child, maybe it just shows i'm getting old that i found her humming music and making guitar noises annoying in the midst of humanity's fall and vicious monster attacks. Joel is a man and like any man he feels the weight of the world on his shoulders, except for joel, it's not just HIS world, but actually all of mankind's world in fact resting upon him. supporting characters are amazingly fleshed out and developed. to avoid spoilers i'll say no more.

- the melee system is fantastic. like many other things, for instance: joel falling through a bus *NOT REALLY A SPOILER* some gameplay aspects/scenarios seem like repurposed assets from an Uncharted game, but this is fine since the lost world jurassic park did this trick first, and Naughty Dog errs on the side of realism with their set pieces; it seems perfectly acceptable). it actually adds to the charm; this FEELS and BREATHES like a naughty dog game; much like you can tell a song is by a certain band from the sound of the guitar sometimes.

- this feels like a game naughty dog has really wanted to make, what with the uncharacteristic 'not-zombie' ending portion of uncharted, dilapidation, generators being turned on, freakish monsters that go bump in the night, they've shown their capability in the horror aspect before but many sleep on it.

- the looting in this game seems to take the looting from fallout into consideration, except now we have a reason to pick up a pair of scissors from someone's cupboard other than to over-encumber ourselves accidentally.

- the violence is not fairly complained about, when the grisly death animation sequences are no worse than those in dead space.

- this game is amazing and 5000 characters would not be enough to accurately convey that, it would take about 16 hours to do that (so go play the game, on hard, no listen mode!! and remember ammo is precious, just like this absolute gem of a game.

my favorite games of all time are Super Metroid, Demon's Souls, and THIS, The Last of Us.

10/10 bricks to the face

and 5/5 smashed 2 x 4's to the head

Game of the Generation easily, red dead's characters felt like characters, not people IN COMPARISON TO THE LAST OF US.

**** amazing, i'll stop typing now. and by the way multiplayer is a blast
  47. Jun 23, 2013
    Buy this now!!!-Broskii's Gaming

Changed my life!!!-Uncle Ben

I believe in Joel and Ellie!!!-Clark Kent

I'm Batman!!!-Matt Damon

This is not a bear!!!-Ghosts
  48. Jun 23, 2013
    Please hear me out before writing me off as a PlayStation fanboy touting naughty dogs greatness. The last of us is absolutely one of the best video games ever created. Even If you totally disregard the dynamic and exciting gameplay, just being able to watch Joel and Ellie warrants your $60 purchase. I finished the game about a week ago and I still think about the ending all the time. ItPlease hear me out before writing me off as a PlayStation fanboy touting naughty dogs greatness. The last of us is absolutely one of the best video games ever created. Even If you totally disregard the dynamic and exciting gameplay, just being able to watch Joel and Ellie warrants your $60 purchase. I finished the game about a week ago and I still think about the ending all the time. It brings you back to the brilliant title of the game and what it entails. The visuals are easily the best I've ever seen, the soundtrack and sound design seems perfect, and the pacing and storytelling have a huge impact on you. Please do yourself a favor and buy this game. Lastly, please think about the ending once you've seen it rather than complain and you might learn a little about yourself, which is a tremendous accomplishment for a video game. Expand
  49. Jun 23, 2013
    Brutal, exhausting, savage and absolutely wonderful. These are just a few of the emotions I felt while playing through Naughty Dog's PS3 masterpiece: The Last Of Us. The developers that brought us the Uncharted franchise have shifted their creative focus from the "Summer-Blockbuster" style of adventure game, instead bringing us a dark, grisly and very humanistic tale of loss and survival.Brutal, exhausting, savage and absolutely wonderful. These are just a few of the emotions I felt while playing through Naughty Dog's PS3 masterpiece: The Last Of Us. The developers that brought us the Uncharted franchise have shifted their creative focus from the "Summer-Blockbuster" style of adventure game, instead bringing us a dark, grisly and very humanistic tale of loss and survival. In the process of this the minds at Naughty Dog may have created a new benchmark in the world of interactive entertainment.

Read my full review at www.GameFan365.com
  50. Jun 23, 2013
    From the First to the last minute, this game is just unbelievably good.. 20 Hours to complete it, of course i did a lot of exploration and every time i encountered enemies, i tried to do a perfect stealth action, to go through..
  51. Jun 23, 2013
    I rarely pre-order any game, but after seeing trailers of this game, I just had to pre-order it. I must say, I was not disappointed with my decision at all. The game is extremely immersive and drew me in right from the very start. I finished it in one day as I could not put the controller down.

I find the environment design in the game very ground-breaking. The post-apocalyptic world in the game is so beautiful and realistic. What is the most exceptional though is the facial expressions of all characters, particularly Joel and Ellie's. Add exceptional voice-acting to that and I began to care about these characters a lot.

The gameplay mechanic is very well implemented. No 'encounter' with enemies is the same given that there are three main types of enemies: the soldiers, the survivors (who are either part of the Hunters or the Fireflies) and of course the mutated. The layout in each encounter is different and makes me think hard about how to best approach these enemies (of course given the amount of resources I have left).

Now, the ending (spoiler-free) is what really left a lasting impression on me. I have been thinking for days about the ending... The way the game has allowed the relationship between Joel and Ellie to develop strongly reinforced the ending, which has also sparked quite a bit of debate on the Internet.

If you have a PS3 (even if you don't), I highly recommend this game to you. I believe this is the best game I have ever played in my fifteen years of gaming experience.
  52. Jun 24, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I cannot even to describe The Last of Us without spoiling the story but I'll try my best. The Last of Us isn't a pretty game nor is it fun. It is brutal and realistic when it comes to an apocalyptic world. This just propelled the story even further by giving an insight to what a true apocalypse is. The story is charged with emotional moments that become more meaningful as the story progresses. The ethical and moral dilemmas are heartbreaking and will put yours beliefs to the test. Naughty Dog truly is a company worth applauding and The Last of Us just further compliments their ability to not only deliver a gaming experience that will dictate the story-telling standards of games to come but also for breaking that boundary. From the prologue to the ending of the game, I bonded with the characters in this apocalypse. The characters that stood out, however, were Ellie and Joel. Ellie is amazing character and even though she has committed some bad deeds she still depicts the one thing that is lost in the game's apocalyptic setting, humanity (other characters show this as well but Ellie holds the most humanity out of them all). Joel, the next main character, is somewhat the opposite but in many moments also shows his angelic side. After suffering an extremely sad and tear-jerking loss, Joel is engulfed in the post-disaster scenario. He continues to survive not live in game; the fact that Joel is older than Ellie clearly indicates that he will be much more violent and ruthless but will survive another day. The game's box art foreshadows the relationship that Joel and Ellie will have. Joel is the most outstanding character when it comes to the mental, ethical, and moral effects that such an apocalypse could have on most people. The graphics are top notch and the environment is very realistic which made me feel like was truly viewing the apocalyptic world through the character's perspective. The gameplay is incredible and terrifying, specially when the Survivor difficulty is unlocked. The only way to stop the gameplay is via the start button. The AI (both friendly and hostile) is superb. The reaction of enemy NPCs depends on your playing style. For example, if an enemy knows you have a loaded gun they will attempt to flank you and become more passive/aggressive. If they don't know you have a weapon than they will most likely charge you (meaning they will be more aggressive) depending on certain factors. The Infected are astonishing is the sense that they truly have one purpose which is to kill you but they aren't your average zombie either. The story as you can tell is beautifully crafted and immersive. The game also offers multiplayer which is an interesting feature but I will not ruin it for you. Overall the game is a masterpiece in aspect that is possible and it undoubtedly deserves a perfect score in my opinion. Naughty Dog thank you for ending the PS3's era with a game that will be the role model of survival games that have yet to come. Thank you to the readers of this review as well and may you enjoy The Last of Us and its many messages as much as I did. Expand
  53. Jun 24, 2013
    Amazing game from start to finish! Edge of the seat Story that leaves you wanting more with an amazing ending. To me the story was like a cross between The Walking Dead and I Am Legend. Perfect combination of Free World and Story Play. The graphics and story are by far the best I have seen ever!!!! Definitely anticipating a part two.
  54. Jun 24, 2013
    The Last Of Us is an "epic" game with the whole meaning of the word. The storyline is pretty interesting, the enviroment is completely attached to the game story and the graphics are enchanting. But what makes the big difference to this game is the emotions that it provides you with while playing. The rare emotional relation between the two characters as well as between YOU and theThe Last Of Us is an "epic" game with the whole meaning of the word. The storyline is pretty interesting, the enviroment is completely attached to the game story and the graphics are enchanting. But what makes the big difference to this game is the emotions that it provides you with while playing. The rare emotional relation between the two characters as well as between YOU and the characters is pretty unique.Finally, in this apocalyptic enviroment, the existence of many different choices to make to survive is making this game "perfect". Good job NaughtyDog.... a MUST game to have in your collection! Expand
  55. Jun 24, 2013
    What can i say about The Last of Us? Well for one it was beautiful, it was engaging, it was well paced and just outstanding. This game deserves the praise it got, because it worked hard to get there and I'm so happy to see it get all these amazing scores. The story will keep you on your toes, it may even make you cry. The one thing it will do for sure is keep you wanting more, and in theWhat can i say about The Last of Us? Well for one it was beautiful, it was engaging, it was well paced and just outstanding. This game deserves the praise it got, because it worked hard to get there and I'm so happy to see it get all these amazing scores. The story will keep you on your toes, it may even make you cry. The one thing it will do for sure is keep you wanting more, and in the end you will be hungry for more. This is the last BEST exclusive before we move on to the next generation consoles and I'm glad to have it go out with The Last of Us. Congrats Naughty Dog and thank you for this amazing game. Expand
  56. Jun 26, 2013
    IMO best PS3 experience hands down. Amazing graphics, down to the shading, environments, and character models. The gameplay isn't anything too innovative, but the hand to hand combat is fluid and plays out like a movie scene. One thing that really impressed me is the voice acting. I usually could care less about voiceovers because they typically suck, but in this game the voice work is soIMO best PS3 experience hands down. Amazing graphics, down to the shading, environments, and character models. The gameplay isn't anything too innovative, but the hand to hand combat is fluid and plays out like a movie scene. One thing that really impressed me is the voice acting. I usually could care less about voiceovers because they typically suck, but in this game the voice work is so stellar it adds an entirely new sense of immersion. I found myself actually caring about characters in a videogame!.. BUY THIS GAME. Expand
  57. Jun 24, 2013
    This game is definitely GOTY. It has everything you want in a survival horror game. First off, it makes you feel scared of everything around the corner. You have limited supplies and you must use good judgement in order to advance to the next level. You can't just rush through this game-you have to think and decide: Do I want to shoot these enemies and risk getting overwhelmed or take myThis game is definitely GOTY. It has everything you want in a survival horror game. First off, it makes you feel scared of everything around the corner. You have limited supplies and you must use good judgement in order to advance to the next level. You can't just rush through this game-you have to think and decide: Do I want to shoot these enemies and risk getting overwhelmed or take my time and use stealth to get through the next section. The graphics are amazing and the storyline is well written. If you are mainly a FPS fan, you may not like this game. But, if you love a great storyline and taking your time to enjoy the scenery and collecting items while figuring how to survive each level from tough and smart enemies-then this is the game for you. It also has a lot of gore. If you have a weak stomach then you will probably not make it through. I love the gore in this game!...It makes it seem realistic and believable. I'm excited for the DLC coming out soon. The MP is different than other MP games. You actually have to work together as a team and survive together. Naughty Dog just delivers another great game. They are in my opinion the best game developer company in the industry right now. Great work Sony! You make exclusives like no one else. TLOU has my vote as GOTY. Expand
  58. Jun 25, 2013
    The Last of Us does not reinvent the genre but it does however breathe new life and grit into it, (think ...The Road meets No Country for Old Men) along with some of the best console art direction and acting we've ever seen to date.

Needless to say this game is gorgeous and there will be more than one occasion when you might not realize you’re in control, still thinking the cut scene is playing.

The game play is similar to Uncharted but has more weight to movement and smoother animation. The level of detail Naughty Dog has added to the game is a marvel. From the way Ellie and Joel can hide together in the same spot behind cover, to the impact of a bullet to Joel, throwing him from cover.
    The story and two lead characters is the main driving force behind the experience, you will need to see out they’re journey. But take your time, enjoy the world, explore they empty suburban houses, interact with Ellie.

Over the course of the 14-18hr campaign you will feel the harrowing stress of their journey through the various, sometimes shocking plot points and also the brutal encounters which can flip from sneaking to all out panic beatings with a brick!.

Aside from the graphics, brutal and intense atmosphere and encounters and the best mo-cap animation acting I've personally ever experienced, you are also graced with a deeper experience than most, and the conviction in which they story drives to its conclusion will leave you thinking about it and no doubt debating it for a long time to come.

If you own a PS3, you really need to play likely its best game ever.
  59. Jun 25, 2013
    This is truly one of the best games iv'e ever played. It's really the only game i think deserves a 10/10. The story, the characters, the graphics, the game play, the multiplayer. Everything in this game is damn near flawless, minus some few cliches in the single player. But the game uses those cliches so well. If you haven't played this game i HIGHLY recommend that you do.
  60. Jun 25, 2013
    This game is unmissable. It has a few problems, but the game is so great that you can dismiss them completely. The story is great and you should experience it for yourself. Combat is satisfying, but sneaking through an area gives you a sense of accomplishment.

Go buy it.
  61. Mar 28, 2014
    Better than Uncharted series that Naughty Dog created. The gameplay mechanic was really kicking for horror theme and survival. The "in-House" and "Havok Psychic" engine was the best way to running the game system and really kicking!
  62. Jun 25, 2013
    There's only one word that really describes this game. Perfection. Everything about this game is perfect. Gorgeous graphics, amazing voice acting, and the fact that they used real actors and motion captured them makes the characters so much more real than then already are. The storyline is phenomenal, truly Hollywood worthy, it really is a one in all package. 15 minutes into the gameThere's only one word that really describes this game. Perfection. Everything about this game is perfect. Gorgeous graphics, amazing voice acting, and the fact that they used real actors and motion captured them makes the characters so much more real than then already are. The storyline is phenomenal, truly Hollywood worthy, it really is a one in all package. 15 minutes into the game people are fighting off tears (including myself). The relationship between Joel and Ellie really strengthens once advancing into the game. The way that Naughty Dog wrote the story line really makes you care about the characters, and you are always wondering what will happen to them next. Once playing, I'd doubt you'd be able to put the Dualshock down, it keeps you on the edge of your seat as it has a very gripping and compelling storyline that really, really affects you emotionally. Naughty Dog really pushed the PS3 to it's very limits. Very impressed how well the developers created this astonishing looking game will a very limited 256mbs of RAM. I've never been so affected by a video game, but The Last of Us sure changed that. If you have a PS3 then this is a MUST have. If you're considering buying this, then buy it. Trust me, you won't be disappointed. This is one of the best, if not the best game I have ever played. Period. Expand
  63. Jun 26, 2013
    OMG not only is this game amazing but it leaves a weird feeling in your stomach when you complete it, almost like your sad because the amazing time you have been having playing it comes to an end. The graphics are great and the storyline is just amazing, will there be a sequel? we will just need to wait and see. This is a great and happy ending for the ps3's life and now with naughty dogOMG not only is this game amazing but it leaves a weird feeling in your stomach when you complete it, almost like your sad because the amazing time you have been having playing it comes to an end. The graphics are great and the storyline is just amazing, will there be a sequel? we will just need to wait and see. This is a great and happy ending for the ps3's life and now with naughty dog bringing games like this out i just cant wait to see what they do with the ps4 Expand
  64. Jun 26, 2013
    When I started playing this game, I was blown away immediately. The graphics, songs, voice acting and story are fantastic. You feel the characters' feelings so well because their facial expressions are extremely well made. This is probably the best game ever made. This game is absolutely a must for every Playstation 3 gamer. Good job, Naughty Dog.
  65. Jun 26, 2013
    One of the best games I've ever played, the graphics are beautiful, the soundtrack is amazing and the story is one of the best I've ever experience in an post apocalyptic setting. The gameplay is just plain genius, I'm a huge fan of stealth, action games and survival games, and The Last of Us just blend them all together to create the perfect package, people who complain about enemies notOne of the best games I've ever played, the graphics are beautiful, the soundtrack is amazing and the story is one of the best I've ever experience in an post apocalyptic setting. The gameplay is just plain genius, I'm a huge fan of stealth, action games and survival games, and The Last of Us just blend them all together to create the perfect package, people who complain about enemies not detecting allies must understand this is necessary so the gameplay can stay as good as it is. Naughty Dog made it again, Sony is lucky have one of the best studios on the gaming industry. Expand
  66. Jun 27, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The Last of us, argubably the greatest gaming experience one can and will have on a now soon to be defunct ps3 system. I for one believe that this game 'does' have features that don't amaze me and one maybe the lack of choice or decision making, because i believe that a game based so much on survival should give options and now you could say you are nearly always given the option of sneaking around a group of bandits or infected, but i mean more than that, i mean you always seemed to be climbing over a truck and jumping down the other side revolver in hand awaiting your next possible foe,in my opinion, you should be made to take risks outside the norm of being insta-killed by the same clicker for 10 minutes straight, after an hour into the game. i think you should in a survival game that you should be rewarded and punished bearing on the things you do,i believe there could have mixed it up a tiny bit more, maybe had two paths and you had to choose one or you could split up, which could then mean that either Joel or Ellie are put in a dire position and that you would need to rescue them(maybe not my greatest idea).And at the end,(i know on thin ice for spoilers) i think that ND could have let you decide the fate of our loved protagonists, (MEGA SPOILERS)--> Also at the very death of the game when Ellie questions Joel on the whole cured humanity lies, and Joel swears by his lies, this to me described how attitude and human nature change in a time of crisis and in this post-apocalyptic world is built on deceit and there is little or no form of an 'honest living' earned by anyone, even the main characters constantly screw people over(and get screwed). But this game is superb and with out a doubt is one of the best that the ps3 has seen, the story is phenomenal, the voice acting makes every other game look brutal, the visuals are truly astounding and to create a kind of awe, and the game will give you plenty of comics, alcohol, rags and ammo if you explore the world. The trophies are intelligent, they are long term and difficult and can only be obtained by a very shrewd and hardworking person, they take effort and thats something i think is great because it reflects on the whole game, basically life isn't easy. Games such as COD award you too easily, you shot a plane out of the air heres a bronze trophy(not great example) and other menial and trivial tasks are performed just for trophies sake. But not in The last of us, this is a thriller an emotional journey with gore and gruesomeness, that aides the stealthy and gives the Rambo types a chance. The only easy trophy this game has other than completing the game(which isn't easy) is the bronze for crafting every item.
    The characters of Joel and Ellie are personified in a way that no other game can live up to, the characters are very relatable to the 14 year old girls and 50+ year old men that played this game(of which there is few). They help the emotional journey, they make it feel worthwhile and on completing this game you feel quite relieved and maybe a bit emotional(ya big girls). It pulls and our heart strings it makes us want to shout at the TV, it makes us want to burn the crap out of some crazy zombie-like people, with a ridiculous flamethrower that you just pick up at a college dorm(sum crazy parties they must have). The workbench is gaming genius, it helps us feel like we are doing something useful that will eventually help us blast runners to bits. I think a lot of people have said its just perfect but I don't think that, it is definitely fantastic but nothing is perfect, everything has flaws but the last of us has quite few and i only believe it can be equaled by others as it has set the bar very high. People say that they actual gameplay, shooting parts aren't great and the running around of your allies at all kinds of times can make it a small bit confusing to whether your actually still in some sort of incognito or if you should start running or firing.
    Another thing this game shows as it develops how humans push themselves to the limits if they believe the cause is just and the game portrays the characters hardships,emotional devastation and losses in a very real and smart way. A game which i wish this could have been slightly more like would be Spec Ops: the line, with its insanity which is already quite similar but spec ops' alternate endings and much decision making really gives the gamer a sense that they are unique and actually trawling through Dubai's sands. That is the only thing this game is missing a tiny extra little bit of individuality to make you feel like you really just stood on that guys face. If your still reading this I'm impressed, 4700 characters ago i didn't think id be writing 500 characters but here i am, the greatest game ever made maybe, some of the most fun I've ever had, definitely.
    I hope you like this, and agree with some of my points, this is my first review and I did it cause the last of us gave me such pleasure.
  67. Jun 27, 2013
    Naughty Dog does it again. As much as I loved Uncharted 3, The Last of Us brings it up to the next level.

I really enjoyed the game. The 'backpack' mechanic as I like to call it is pretty well thought out, and you will be spending some time there, crafting medical kits, molotovs, and checking your collectibles. Joel & Ellie goes far beyond what my expectations were before I played the game for myself. The interaction between the two is awesome, the idle talk they have about the surroundings they're in. Ellie will also find some ammo/supplies for you to use from time to time, kinda like Elizabeth in the amazing BioShock Infinite. The emotion you will have throughout the game with these characters is strong, you will feel a bond and care about the characters.

I also have to mention the soundtrack in this game, composed by Gustavo Santaolalla, really makes you feel like you are in a Post-Apocalyptic scenario

The graphics are stunning with skyscrapers that are destroyed in the background, the dark skies, and the gritty environment that Joel and Ellie is in. I also got to mention that the ambiance is spot on.

Multiplayer is a very nice addition and kept me going after the storyline was over. The multiplayer is called 'Factions' and have you in charge of your own 'clan' that you need to feed. To gather food and supplies you need to go into online matches and pick up supplies off dead bodies or boxes scattered over the map, which i really like. You'll also be spending time in stealth mode while in a match, which I haven't really used in a game with PvP matches.

The Last of Us is a must buy. Naughty Dog nailed this game, and I did not find anything wrong with it at all.
    It is definitely a Game of the Year contender, and I can't wait for what Naughty Dog will bring us next.
    I am looking forward to this year, when the Playstation 4 is coming out and all the awesome looking new games.

This game deserves my full 10 out of 10.

- Custer
  68. Jun 27, 2013
    Epic, just epic, but not perfect.
    Some people said its linear or the AI is bad, but the really is linear is perfect for that game, the focus not get out the game and the AI make you think before attack!
    Masterpiece of Playstation 3
  69. Jun 27, 2013
    This game is fantastic one of my favorite games of all time, the gameplay is amazing and the story is one of my favorites, if you can i would recommend buying this game and if you don't have a PS3 then just go on youtube and watch a lets play of it because this is one of those game you don't miss.
  70. Jun 27, 2013
    One of the best Zombie Survival games I have ever played, if not THE best. A must have for PS3 owners that love a good survival/adventure game. Not to mention the online play is intense, especially with a few friends on your team!
  71. Jun 27, 2013
    This is, without a doubt, one of the greatest games ever made. Almost flawless design, excellent execution and an emotionally investing story that can safely be placed among gaming's finest. "The Last of Us" is what many games try to be, yet few succeed an experience. It takes you on a ride through the zombie-infested continent and never allows you to let go. Many are calling it the bestThis is, without a doubt, one of the greatest games ever made. Almost flawless design, excellent execution and an emotionally investing story that can safely be placed among gaming's finest. "The Last of Us" is what many games try to be, yet few succeed an experience. It takes you on a ride through the zombie-infested continent and never allows you to let go. Many are calling it the best PS3 exclusive of all time, and I can certainly see why. "The Last of Us" is a masterpiece! Expand
  72. Jun 28, 2013
    This was a great game. I cried in the first 15 minutes. The slow bond that builds between ellie and joel is awesome. As of now, it is my favorite PS game.
  73. Jun 28, 2013
    I am not going to enumerate what's make this game so good since everything has been said about this game. The last of us is an incredible experience that every PS3 owner should play. This game will be graved in every gamer's head for a long time, like Resident evil or Metal gear did. This is an absolute must have.
  74. Jun 28, 2013
    Without a doubt, the BEST horror survival game I have ever played in my life. A 'Must Have'. The graphics are amazing even for a PS3 game and it is NOT easy. You would think Ellie is a normal annoying video game character, No. Her character is just so badass! Definitely my favorite character next to Joel
  75. Jun 29, 2013
    I will keep this short and sweet.

There are games that we play and enjoy. Then there are games that people say 'immerse' them. I had never had that feeling of 'Immersion' in a video game...I've been playing video games for 18 years. However, this game does pull you in. It sucks you into their world. You feel the characters emotions; Despair, anger, sadness, panic and in some
    I will keep this short and sweet.

There are games that we play and enjoy.

Then there are games that people say 'immerse' them.

However, this game does pull you in. It sucks you into their world. You feel the characters emotions; Despair, anger, sadness, panic and in some moments Joy.

Films are the only media i can say that have made my emotions go up and down.
    However, TLoU managed that within 15 mins.

The game does some some minor tech faults with a combat glitch and an AI glitch here and there.

But this game was an 'experience' for me.

the type of experience where I could feel myself caring so much about the characters that I feared for them, Cared for them, even got chocked up numerous times.

If you want an experience that gripes you. Play TLoU.

On a side Note: If your a big fan of No country for Old Men....Play this game.

I am giving this Game a 10, not because its Naughty Dog, Or its a PS3 Exclusive or down to the fact there is a lot of hype.

I am giving this game a 10 because the experience it gave me was like no other game I have ever played.
  76. Jun 29, 2013
    The last of us is awesome, and so amazingly ambiguous. The story is awesome, and voice acting is top notch. One of the most engaging experiences I've ever played.
  77. Jul 1, 2013
    This game is is amazing. I'd hate to sound like everyone else and say that it's a masterpiece, but it is. It's seriously one of the best games I've ever played. Let's get the bad out of the way first, the AI can be a little bit dumb at times but nothing game breaking. Another thing is that the puzzles fail to challenge you very much, but these are very minor complaints.
    This game
    This game really makes you feel for the characters you're playing as. Whenever you see a clicker attacking Ellie, you really get mad and attack the clicker with everything you have. You really feel like you're in a hopeless, desolate world (which you are), and it really makes the atmosphere memorable. The stealth is nothing too innovative, but it works like it should. The combat system is good and has some really gruesome moments, like when literally blow someone's head right off their neck with a shotgun. The scavenging is a really cool system and it works real well. I often find myself searching every little crack and crevasse for more materials and the collectables (such as Firefly Pendants, comic books, and artifacts) are really cool and really reinforce the atmosphere set by the scenery. The ending is satisfying. I'm not going to spoil anything, but the ending isn't cliche by any means.
    The multiplayer is great. But just because it's great, doesn't mean it's not tacked on. IT IS TACKED ON, but I enjoy it. There are very few guns in the multiplayer (I think there were only like 8 or 9.) and same goes for the maps. There are also multiple glitches that really ruin it for me. This is a kind of multiplayer that you HAVE to play with friends, but most of time my friends can't connect to me at all which is a severe problem. The multiplayer isn't like every other multiplayer. It adds a social aspect with your Facebook friends and it really makes for some funny moments. It's clear they didn't have enough time to finish the multiplayer, and that's sad considering it really had the opportunity to be something really amazing.
    As my review comes to an end, I just want to say that The Last Of Us is truly one of the best games of, not just this generation, but of gaming history. I would say if you can only buy one video game this year, buy this one and you won't be disappointed.
  78. Jul 1, 2013
    I'm practically speechless. Words cannot describe how wonderful this game is. Graphics, gameplay, and especially, story were, well, I don't know how to describe it. Play the game for yourself and you'll see what I mean. This game deserves to be game of the decade. Well done Naughty Dog, well done.
  79. Jul 2, 2013
    I have played this game and watched people play this game and i can say it is by far the greatest video gale I've ever played. The scenery war incredible and the story was an emotional roller coaster. The voice acting is very good except maybe Ellie's. I was not a huge fan of the ending because I think they tried to set it up for a sequel. It seemed to me as if it followed along the sameI have played this game and watched people play this game and i can say it is by far the greatest video gale I've ever played. The scenery war incredible and the story was an emotional roller coaster. The voice acting is very good except maybe Ellie's. I was not a huge fan of the ending because I think they tried to set it up for a sequel. It seemed to me as if it followed along the same lines as Telltale games "The Walking Dead."
    I was surprised at some of the language used by a fourteen year old. Bottom line is it was a great game with a great story. Thats just my opinion
  80. Jul 2, 2013
    Such a fun and entertaining game. Extremely suspense filled. I catch myself holding my breath a lot as I'm exploring dark and murky basements. Would love for a sequel on PS3, but I bet they jump to PS4.
  81. Jul 10, 2013
    Just get the game and play it, as always Naughty Dog never seems to disappoint. The only reason people give this game lower then a 9 would be because the same thing over and over again which tells me they didn't play the game they say." The AI is bad cause they don't react to your allies" but what they are too ignorant to see is that this is a stealth game if they would react like that itJust get the game and play it, as always Naughty Dog never seems to disappoint. The only reason people give this game lower then a 9 would be because the same thing over and over again which tells me they didn't play the game they say." The AI is bad cause they don't react to your allies" but what they are too ignorant to see is that this is a stealth game if they would react like that it would destroy the whole gameplay. This game is very well thought out and in a world where if you make one mistake you could end up dying. But just reading a review wouldn't help you give you any impression of the game more then watching someone play. Get the game and experience it. And if you see a person call the infected zombies then you know they didn't play the game. For proof I have the game look on psn for a person named xwhitekittyx. Yea I named myself that just for fun. Expand
  82. Jul 5, 2013
    Tras un largo proceso de desarrollo durante unos 4 años,Naughty Dog había dado indicios del mismo durante la E3 del 2011.La premisa:otra historia de un mundo postapocaliptico,humanos que huyen de un virus.Como primer idea que se nos viene a la cabeza,vamos a decir con una opinión llana y lisa que se trata de un argumento repetitivo,obvio y trillado.Todas esas dudas quedaron resueltas alTras un largo proceso de desarrollo durante unos 4 años,Naughty Dog había dado indicios del mismo durante la E3 del 2011.La premisa:otra historia de un mundo postapocaliptico,humanos que huyen de un virus.Como primer idea que se nos viene a la cabeza,vamos a decir con una opinión llana y lisa que se trata de un argumento repetitivo,obvio y trillado.Todas esas dudas quedaron resueltas al ver el empeño puesto en el mismo,no solo en gráficos sino también en que ya no veíamos algo parecido a otras cosas,por lo contrario nos encontramos a un juego de soberbia gráfico y una historia capaz de ser contada fuera de los estandartes mas simples,la cual nos hará quedar abrochados al sillón durante sus largas 16 horas(18 si sumamos al hecho de explorar todo,y unas 60 (al menos para un posible platino).Quédense leyendo este articulo pues les mostrare de que se trata esta magistral obra de arte.
    Gráficos:

Habiendo tenido como prueba el superar a su obra maestra de la actual generación,refiriéndonos a Uncharted,Naughty Dog se lo propuso,lo materializo y lo hizo posible,gracias a un potente motor gráfico de la saga anteriormente citada,pero con varias capas de pulido.Tal es así que cuando Joel,Ellie o cualquier otro personaje salido del agua,tendrá su ropa mojada y dejara rastros de su empapada por todo el suelo.En cuanto a los rostros,una increible mejora,al entablar una conversación podemos ver el movimiento justo de labios,ni mas ni menos.Otro aspecto a destacar son los efectos de luz y oscuridad,al estar bajo la luz del sol vemos como la cabellera de nuestros personajes cambian de color tal cual la realidad,las sombras también tienen su papel,pues gracias a ellas veremos el acercamiento de nuestros enemigos cerca y la profundidad de inmersión que pose cada escenario,algunos con oscuridad completa,lo que facilita que seamos presa fácil para los chasqueadores.

Trama:

Historia lineal,repetitiva y obvia,no este no es caso de The last of us.Nos meteremos en la piel de Joel,un hombre común quien ha perdido a su hija 20 años atrás,cuando las infecciones de unos extraños hongos empezaron a producir ciertos comportamientos brutales en la humanidad.A su cargo tendrá a Ellie,joven que es muy importante para un grupo de personas.Se desarrolla de un modo muy crucial,a tales grados que casi pierden sus vidas en su épica aventura,pues no solo los infectados serán su mayor amenaza sino también los humanos quienes ahora se agrupan y matan o adquieren recursos de los fallecidos.Es excelente,un relato en el que todo puede pasar y siempre te dan ganas de saber que habrá en la esquina.

Jugabilidad:

Apadrinado quizás en parte por su hermano mayor,la saga Uncharted,The last of us toma esa base y la vuelve mas estratégica. Tal es así que podremos crear desde botiquines hasta armas caseras como subir de nivel y mejorar nuestro equipo.Sumado a eso,Joel subirá sus capacidades mediante la cantidad de pastillas que recuperemos y las gastaremos en sus habilidades. Dinámico,sagaz y en todo momento sin descanso alguno y con los ojos bien abiertos a cualquier enemigo o trampa.

Música:

A cargo del compatriota argentino Gustavo Santaolalla,el entramado sonoro de las pistas de audio se hace tan versátil como acompañante a lo largo de la aventura.Un charango en un paraje desierto,fuertes toques de guitarra cuando la acción es desenfrenada,un escape inintencionado con golpes leves de música de fondo,estamos delante de una película,y siendo sincero nada tiene que envidiar a grandes producciones cinematográficas actuales.

Adicción:

¿Cuantas horas dura el juego?,es la pregunta de muchos fanáticos frente a este survival de aventura,pues les diré con toda franqueza que unas 16 horas nos costara pasárnoslo en dificultad normal,unas 18 con todo explorado y si queremos subir las habilidades de Joel al menos pasar el juego unas 2 veces.Eso sin contar que también tenemos a nuestra disposición un vistoso multijugador online,en el cual prima la estrategia y no la fuerza bruta,grupos de 5 contra 5 en una lucha sin cuartel entre Cazadores y Luciérnaga.Si tu plan es sacarle el jugo y platinar,al menos como mínimo tienes unas 65 u 70 horas.

Conclusión:

En exclusiva para el sistema de entretenimientos Playstation 3,nos encontramos frente a uno de los ya establecidos estandartes que esta generación nos dejara,y el cual consagro una vez mas a Naughty Dog como una first party de renombre.Historia palpitante,gráficos soberbios,banda sonora de lujo,y una jugabilidad que hasta los mas nuevos no desaprovecharan,si tienes una PS3 no puedes no haber vivido y no jugado a The last of us.

NOTA FINAL :9,8
  83. Jul 3, 2013
    I made an account especially to praise this game in what is probably my second favourite game ever as a single player experience alone. That is before I even consider the multiplayer.

I enjoyed so much of this game, below is a comment I made on another site while still playing through the campaign. 'I'm about 80% through on hard and loving it, every time I go to play for two hours I

'I'm about 80% through on hard and loving it, every time I go to play for two hours I find I've been playing it 4 hours and it's pitch black outside and everyone's asleep.

Probably one of the best games I've ever played, it does have flaws but they pale into insignificance over the course of the game.

Just wow, I don't want it to end.'

Well it did eventually end and I honestly can't say a games story telling, connection to the characters have ever effected me in the way the last of us did. I literally was stunned for days afterward thinking about the journey I had just travelled and whether the outcome was justified. I have eventually come to terms with my emotions through the final sections of the game and my assessment still stands. A brilliant game, not without flaws but they really do pale into insignificance. This is a brilliantly gorgeous, thought provoking, simple, enjoyable, gritty adventure that avoids cheap scare tactics and also avoids many things which might draw comparisons to Uncharted.

This game is like that brilliant film you watch and you pray to god there isn't a sequel as you know it'll struggle to compete.

My score 9.99/10, not everyone will love it, but those who do will adore it.
  84. Jul 3, 2013
    Naughty Dog has done it again with the PS3! A deserving send off to the console. This game is what every game should be. The visuals and the sound design just add on to the entire pacing of the game. The game is emotional, it starts rather slow on that plot but when the things get going I am sure you will never put the controller down. ITS THAT GOOD!
  85. Jul 3, 2013
    The Last Of Us is a masterpiece, it may not be a perfect game, but what does, does it well. Troy and Ashley give life to Joel and Ellie in a unique way, every character in the game is unique. The gameplay is tense, it's slow, giving you the chance to plan your approach to each situation you encounter. You may see a few bugs along the way, and you can say that enemy AI does not see Ellie,The Last Of Us is a masterpiece, it may not be a perfect game, but what does, does it well. Troy and Ashley give life to Joel and Ellie in a unique way, every character in the game is unique. The gameplay is tense, it's slow, giving you the chance to plan your approach to each situation you encounter. You may see a few bugs along the way, and you can say that enemy AI does not see Ellie, but that is the only problem that the game has. The way the game plays, and the way that the game ends, it will keep you on edge from start to finish. And I can say that The Last Of Us is one of this generations best, and a very solid game that could be Game Of The Year 2013. Expand
  86. Jul 4, 2013
    This game is a masterpiece, I have to say this is the best game I have EVER played, me being a gamer I have played a lot of games in my time and this game tops God of War 3. The motion capture is AMAZING in this game!! In the first five minutes of the game I was already glued to my seat. Here is the storyline: Joel, a ruthless survivor with few moral lines left to cross, lives in one ofThis game is a masterpiece, I have to say this is the best game I have EVER played, me being a gamer I have played a lot of games in my time and this game tops God of War 3. The motion capture is AMAZING in this game!! In the first five minutes of the game I was already glued to my seat. Here is the storyline: Joel, a ruthless survivor with few moral lines left to cross, lives in one of the last remaining Quarantine Zones. These walled-off, oppressive cities are run by what's left of the military. Despite the strict martial law, Joel operates in the black market of the city, smuggling contraband for the right price. Joel is asked by a dying friend to look after Ellie, a fourteen-year-old girl with courage beyond her years. What starts out as a simple job to deliver Ellie to another Quarantine Zone, soon transforms into a profound journey that will forever change Joel and Ellie. As they trek across a post-pandemic United States, Joel and Ellie will encounter different factions of survivors that have each found a unique way of dealing with the infected humans, the lack of supplies, and the threat of other survivors. As Joel and Ellie struggle to persevere, they must learn to trust each other and work together in order to survive the realities of this new world. At its core, The Last of Us is about the bond that forms between Joel and Ellie it is the story of love, loyalty, and redemption. If you loved Uncharted 3: Drake's Deceptions gameplay you will love The Last of Us gameplay, it's much more evolved and has a lot more to offer. If you have a PS3 and have not played this masterpiece then I feel very very sorry for you. The multiplayer is ok but the real deal is the single player! 10/10, a must buy!! Expand
  87. Jul 6, 2013
    Playing The Last of Us we can see a work of years by Naughty Dog. I never played something incredible like this game, it has the fun of Uncharted series in a perfect post-apocalypse world. The graphics are probably the best that you can have with your Playstation 3, and I can say that in different ways! Facial expression, ambience and the details of Joel and Ellie.
    The plot will get you
    The plot will get you in 15 minutes and it will just get better and better for like 14 hours of gameplay.
    The game could not be with another name, because Naughty Dog sent us to feel like we're really the last of us. The best game of my life.
  88. Jul 6, 2013
    There is not much to say about the game apart from flawless. It has excellent performance from both Ashley and Troy, also the deep emotional feelings that comes with it.

Stealth gameplay is well thought of, and starting a generator might invite unwanted attention but needed to be done in order to progress. Crafting system in real time adds to that 'omg omg' moments, especially when low in heath. In saying that, the game is generous in terms of giving off crafting supplies in some places that requires a little of exploration and puzzle solving. It can also act as indication to events that will happen such as incoming horde or boss fights.
  89. Jul 6, 2013
    The Last Of Us, a game that was anticipated for a long while, I really did not see it at first, but now I definitely do. I can't start to express on how this was one of the best journeys I have been through and believe me i have been through alot. The story, the gameplay, the character development was all just perfect. I have grown get attached and love most of the characters butThe Last Of Us, a game that was anticipated for a long while, I really did not see it at first, but now I definitely do. I can't start to express on how this was one of the best journeys I have been through and believe me i have been through alot. The story, the gameplay, the character development was all just perfect. I have grown get attached and love most of the characters but especially Ellie. Ellie's character development just completed the game to its fullest. It is a must buy for everyone, Naughty Dog has really pushed through and showed us that a game can be a masterpiece and at the same time have a long in depth story. The dark feel and atmosphere in the game was just perfect, makes you feel really intense and on your toes on all times. The graphics were just out of this world, never in my life have a I witnessed such lively pixels. The voice acting was perfect, gives you goosebumps when ever someone shouts or screeches or anything of that sort. The ending really makes you want a sequel, which I do. The overall performance of the game has lead it to become a masterpiece, in my eyes at least. Kudos Naughty Dog for giving us this beautiful game. Expand
  90. Jul 6, 2013
    If you feel that this game deserves less than a 10, than I will not argue, because there are some bugs that may be hard to overlook. For me however, I give it a ten, because the entire package makes up for the short comings. Don't listen to angry Xbox fanboys giving the game a 0. This game deserves higher than that. Only major short coming for me is the A.I. They could be retarded. My tenIf you feel that this game deserves less than a 10, than I will not argue, because there are some bugs that may be hard to overlook. For me however, I give it a ten, because the entire package makes up for the short comings. Don't listen to angry Xbox fanboys giving the game a 0. This game deserves higher than that. Only major short coming for me is the A.I. They could be retarded. My ten does not mean the game is perfect. ALL GAMES ARE FLAWED, but this game makes up for all of it. It deserves anywhere from 8 10. Expand
  91. Jul 7, 2013
    I finished the game on Hard and Survivor and wow, I am amazed by the quality of the graphics, I loved the storyline and the soundtrack is beautiful, I've already learnt the theme song on guitar...
  92. Jul 7, 2013
    The last of us is an interesting game that strikes all the right notes from good music, to an interesting and famillar yet different story. The last of us is not zombies, and it's not about defeating them or anything generic that some people on here swear it is and hand out 0 or 1's. What makes The Last of Us great is its very real out take and sense of urgency the looming doom and gloomThe last of us is an interesting game that strikes all the right notes from good music, to an interesting and famillar yet different story. The last of us is not zombies, and it's not about defeating them or anything generic that some people on here swear it is and hand out 0 or 1's. What makes The Last of Us great is its very real out take and sense of urgency the looming doom and gloom that comes from a world that is left in ruins. The infection is not viral and is not made up. It's a fungus, a real fungus found in the wild although incapable of infecting human species but can and doe affect insect in the forests. The story plays out as it's trying to accomplish one thing, chronicle the lore and struggles of the protagonist and his companion Ellie. The varying people they encounter and the state of what society has been reduced too are remainders of a world that is besieged by fear and the loom of death that gives us a psychological horror and the need to "survive". The combat found in the last of us an get repetitive but it's also very real, in the sense that one bite is game over. Ammo and items are found very scarcely and most of it must be crafted from the supplies squandered as you go along journey. There is no OMEGA 6 Anti Viral Agent Team Zeta elite trained special assassin here, nor should there be; with that sad the combat is stealth and a fight or flight orientation often forcing the players to play quitley and think before they make an action. All together it's playing a movie that you control, from the voice actors to the quality of the game (We must remember this is a 6 year old console that has 6 year old parts and limitations) is very good given what is available.
    The game has you grow to appreciate the unique story of just a normal man and his companion attempting to make a living and maybe even find a future amongst a world of ruin and destruction. That is the masterpiece that is "The Last of Us" and I'd highly recommend it
  93. Jul 7, 2013
    For a long time i've fought internally over whether to consider video games as a form of art or as a simple diversion. For the most part, I haven't come across many that I would consider worthy of the distinction of being called "art". That being said, I just finished "The Last of Us" and to be frank i was completely blown away. Simply put, the game put out by Naughty Dog is truly anFor a long time i've fought internally over whether to consider video games as a form of art or as a simple diversion. For the most part, I haven't come across many that I would consider worthy of the distinction of being called "art". That being said, I just finished "The Last of Us" and to be frank i was completely blown away. Simply put, the game put out by Naughty Dog is truly an amazing experience and deserves to be given the aforementioned distinction of being called "art". The story was so compelling and so incredible that more than once i got goosebumps going through it and if a video game can do that, then in my eyes, it's rightly on par with any motion picture or book that has ever made me encounter the same feelings.... Childish or not, experiences like i had with The Last of Us are the whole reason ill always be a gamer. Expand
  94. Jul 7, 2013
    i can't describe it.it is above than awesome.above than masterpiece.and....i can't describe it with my tongue.10 out of 10 isn't enough for this game.story is a new idea.some people says it is repetitive.they say:we had this story in resident evil 6?!!!!!!!!!!!!realy.WTF!jake just had a special blood type not any more.but look at last of us.look at emotinal relations beetween joel andi can't describe it.it is above than awesome.above than masterpiece.and....i can't describe it with my tongue.10 out of 10 isn't enough for this game.story is a new idea.some people says it is repetitive.they say:we had this story in resident evil 6?!!!!!!!!!!!!realy.WTF!jake just had a special blood type not any more.but look at last of us.look at emotinal relations beetween joel and elly.did we have this relations in that game?graphic is the best graphic in 7th generations.halo4 just is a usual graphic when you compare it with last of us.game play in normal difficulty is't very hard.but in hard(i don't remember what was the difficulty name)it redact your sweat.music is.....i don't know what should i say.every thing in this game is better than you can think.just buy it if you have ps3 and if you don't have it borrow someone's!it is the best 7th generations and GOTY! Expand
  95. Jul 7, 2013
    This is one of those rare games that is worth the full $60 retail price. The story mode is among the finest I have ever experienced. Each character is so well developed and if you find that you can't make a connection with the leads in the first couple of hours, don't stop playing. Eventually you will grow a strong bond with Joel and Ellie as you take them across the desolated UnitedThis is one of those rare games that is worth the full $60 retail price. The story mode is among the finest I have ever experienced. Each character is so well developed and if you find that you can't make a connection with the leads in the first couple of hours, don't stop playing. Eventually you will grow a strong bond with Joel and Ellie as you take them across the desolated United States after a medical outbreak wipes out most of civilization. The graphics are phenomenal and the voice acting is superb. Most criticisms I have heard of this game are regarding the enemy AI, and the fact that your comrades will run into the sight of the enemy yet pass unnoticed. My argument is that this game wouldn't work if the enemies noticed your allies and would turn into a frustrating mess. Why would you want to worry about the stealth of a character that you can not control? You have to suspend your beliefs a little. After all, it is a video game. The campaign took me about 13 hours to complete on normal, and even after all that time I wanted more. Thankfully there is a decent online multiplayer mode to accompany the story. Ultimately this game ends up being my favorite Playstation 3 experience by an interstellar mile. I still can't get some of its vivid images out of my head. I highly recommend it. Expand
  96. Jul 7, 2013
    Truth be told this is a game not for the faint of hart but its compelling story and imaginative villains make this an unmissable game for any gamer that is brave enough to play it. It also has amazing multiplier mechanics that will be the bench mark for next gen online gaming.
  97. Jul 7, 2013
    Excelente jogo, qualquer fã de videogame deve jogá-lo, forte candidato a melhor game do ano e até da geração, a Naughty Dog se superou mais uma vez.
    Positivo:
    -História marcante e envolvente -Jogabilidade fantástica e diferenciada, com a exploração,combate e criação de itens ótimos -Gráficos soberbos -Áudio fantástico mesmo sem muitas músicas, o silêncio e som dos inimigos te dão um
    Positivo:
    -História marcante e envolvente
    -Gráficos soberbos
    -Áudio fantástico mesmo sem muitas músicas, o silêncio e som dos inimigos te dão um tom de suspense e tensão muito gratificantes
    -Um dos melhores Multiplayers em terceira pessoa que tem, com tons do singleplayer muito bons
    Negativo:
    -Em alguns momentos a I.A. dos inimigos falha para ver/ouvir os personagens secundários, porém nada que comprometa ou tire o mérito do jogo
  98. Jul 7, 2013
    This game will be something i will definitely remember for years to come. The story kept me intrigued right up until its final moments. The combat through-out felt important, i never felt like i was just making my way through cannon fodder. Also on combat, the shear brutality of it was amazing, finally something that shuns the child safe coating of other games and appeals directly to aThis game will be something i will definitely remember for years to come. The story kept me intrigued right up until its final moments. The combat through-out felt important, i never felt like i was just making my way through cannon fodder. Also on combat, the shear brutality of it was amazing, finally something that shuns the child safe coating of other games and appeals directly to a mature audience without glorifying the act. I can't wait to see what naughty dog does next. Expand
  99. Jul 8, 2013
    This game took us to a whole new level of gaming, it made the other games looks like "Just Games" for me.. "The Last Of Us" it's almost a Hollywood movie with this highly character performance and graphics quality

I finished the game on "hard mode" and it was amazing, and now I'm repeating this wonderful experience on "Survival mode" and I really feel as a survival in this mode. in

in the end i advice all PS3 owners to play this masterpiece which called "The Last Of Us" with no hesitation.
  100. Jul 8, 2013
    I finished the game on Hard, and it was absolutely fantastic, though since it was such a short amount of time for the main story (20 or so hours, when I'm accustomed to getting at least 40 hours out of RPG type games I pay such high amounts for) I normally would have only rated it an 8 or a 9. However, I just started a new game on Survivor, and it is even more glorious. Survivor mode isI finished the game on Hard, and it was absolutely fantastic, though since it was such a short amount of time for the main story (20 or so hours, when I'm accustomed to getting at least 40 hours out of RPG type games I pay such high amounts for) I normally would have only rated it an 8 or a 9. However, I just started a new game on Survivor, and it is even more glorious. Survivor mode is what earns this game the high reviews it has received and it is what is earning the 10 score from me.

Survivor mode is a true gaming experience with reduced requirements of cognitive dissonance. I say this because lower level difficulties give you extremely useful but overpowered tools to get through the game. My biggest gripe with lower level difficulties is that you can essentially hear everything around you.

Not so in Survivor mode! You CANNOT use echo-location to hear where your opponents are and how they are moving. This fact raises the tension through the roof and makes every single encounter an experience in and of itself. When you're in a room with 10 clickers and you cannot track their movements through superhuman hearing, the realism of the danger really digs itself in and you experience moments of sheer and utter panic at not knowing what is coming from around the corner at you, and this lack of an out forces you to plan your actions very carefully.

I will list what I see as the PROS of this game and the CONS of this game in order to explain my exuberance at this piece of art.

PROS

-Immersive and believable post-apocalyptic world, with an extremely well-researched and developed backstory and framework.
    - Stellar graphics, truly amazing, look around and in every single moment you will find yourself enjoying the view and the effort that was made to make the environment credible.
    -Every single action taken regarding combat decisions is a battle in and of itself
    -Extreme prejudice is required in order to survive from one encounter to the next
    -The most excruciating gaming experience I ever encountered was when I ended an encounter and had to survive without enough medical supplies to last to get to the next encounter. This game forces you to think very hard about the consequence of every bullet used.
    - The story is one of the best I've ever encountered in both literature and media of this nature. The intro is a real hook, and the emotional involvement and attachment that the player develops for the characters is bar none some of the most impressive character building ever. When the end comes there is a real connection to the choices that are made by the storytellers and a clear understanding for why the ending makes sense.
    - The cinematic quality of the game: I love movies, and this game feels like you are playing the protagonist of a very long film.

CONS

- Cognitive dissonance heightened in lower difficulty levels
    - As others have complained, the lack of a credible melee weapon is rather unfortunate. It makes no sense that the protagonist doesn't have a knife or machete or something that doesn't break after a couple of hits. Yes, melee weapons and upgrades are great, and yes it is another part of ensuring careful shepherding of resources, but it was still rather irksome.
    - Ammo is really scarce, though your opponents seem to be able to blast you like crazy. Really concerning when you are killing soldiers and somehow they don't have any ammo for you to gather. This is both a pro and a con, as it raises tension and forces innovation in combat situations but is still super annoying.
    - Lack of narrative choice the story is extremely linear and though it is wonderfully told and the ending is truly incredible, I am still disappointed that choice wasn't calculated to make this a far more realistic game.
    - Bugs, though not game-breaking, there are still some that are really bothersome if you encounter them (but easily fixed through going back to a checkpoint, though it gets annoying if you have to go back after 30 minutes of fighting your way through only to have to do it again).
    - The absolute scarcity of some necessary materials
    - No meaningful death: this is not a survival game but is instead a movie where you play the protagonist.

I gave this score based solely on the primary game, though I'm sure the multi-player features are wonderful. Since this game is in absolutely no way whatsoever effected by multi-player (as opposed to, say, Dark Souls, where multi-player is fairly important), I won't review it here.

All-in-all one of the best gaming experiences I've ever encountered, and I've been around the block a few times (started playing video games/computer games back in 1992 on pretty much every major system that has come out)

1. Sep 16, 2013
  2. Sep 10, 2013
  3. Despite the breakneck pace of the prologue, it takes quite a while for The Last of Us to pick up some speed again. However, once the cold harsh winter arrives, the action (and story) ramps up. So much so, it puts most Hollywood productions to shame. [July 2013, p.76]