The Last of Us PlayStation 3

• Publisher: SCEA
  • Release Date: Jun 14, 2013
9.1

1. Aug 13, 2013
    Excellent combination of story and game. Great characters with professional voices. Diverse scenarios that are not easily predictable.( Avoid the spoilers if you can.)
    I do not play many games, but this is the best game I have played.
  2. Aug 14, 2013
    I don't even know where to start with The Last of Us. From its brutal combat, amazingly immersive story and world, The Last of Us is superb. I was really disappointed when I realized that my nearest Gamestop wasn't having a midnight release for this game so I just picked it up the next day right when they opened. I rushed home slapped it in my PlayStation and started my journey. Let meI don't even know where to start with The Last of Us. From its brutal combat, amazingly immersive story and world, The Last of Us is superb. I was really disappointed when I realized that my nearest Gamestop wasn't having a midnight release for this game so I just picked it up the next day right when they opened. I rushed home slapped it in my PlayStation and started my journey. Let me tell you.. that journey won't be soon forgotten. I will admit the game isn't "flawless" it has some small bugs and glitches here and there but those can't and won't take you out of game and stop you from enjoying it. It has a pretty lengthy story, about 12-14 hours. Aside from that you have multiplayer. This multiplayer suits the game well, its tense, fun, and strategic. You pick a faction Hunter or Fireflies. Once you do that you embark on a 12 week adventure that has you trying to keep your clan safe and healthy. Occasionally there will be events that come up that have the chance to take out a certain percentage of your clan, it could vary from 25% to a brutal 100%. If you fail an event that happens to be 100% everybody dies and you are forced to restart. So overall The Last of Us is a title that YOU, as a PlayStation 3 owner, need to own. I give The Last of Us a 10 out 10 Expand
  3. Aug 15, 2013
    I am simply lost for words when it comes to this game, it is quite simply the best game I have ever played and without a doubt the best game of our generation. From the heart breaking start to the heart pumping ending, The Last Of Us never once failed to submerge me from the story or game play throughout the very satisfying 15 hour length. What surprised me most about the game was inI am simply lost for words when it comes to this game, it is quite simply the best game I have ever played and without a doubt the best game of our generation. From the heart breaking start to the heart pumping ending, The Last Of Us never once failed to submerge me from the story or game play throughout the very satisfying 15 hour length. What surprised me most about the game was in fact the incredible game play, from features such as modifying/selecting weapons in real time really change the way you regularly play.

The primary aspect of The Last Of Us is stealth. In almost every encounter it is designed for you to clear the enemies out through silent moves, of course it is your choice whether you want to do this or go in all guns blazing, but there is one problem, ammo. The player has next to no ammo in the game and what you will notice quickly is that you will be unable to pick fallen enemy weapons as soon as you have killed them. This forces the gamer to carefully choose when is the right moment to use Joel's weapons as well as being even more accurate with shots.

There is so much to say about what makes this game so perfect, so flawless, but I simply don't want to bore you away if you are reading. But I will say that I came to the conclusion that this was the best game I have ever played half way through the story, and by the time I finished it I preached to the world that The Last Of Us is the greatest game of all time.

10/10 Masterpiece
  4. Aug 15, 2013
    Where do I start?
    This game is phenomenal, expect to get attached to the characters from the very start until the very end.
    The last of us is set in a post-apocalypse world where a fungus infection has wiped out 60% of humanity. You play as Joel, a survivor who is on a journey with a girl called Ellie. The environment and atmosphere is truly amazing and you can actually feel the bond
    Where do I start?
    You play as Joel, a survivor who is on a journey with a girl called Ellie. The environment and atmosphere is truly amazing and you can actually feel the bond between the characters as you progress in the game. This game is by far the best game in this console generation, until GTA V comes out at least.
  5. Aug 16, 2013
    Naughty dog has done it again.A great game to play after a long time,easy controls,best graphics,great action/adventure and horror mixture,smooth gameplay.This is a must play game.
  6. Aug 18, 2013
    Really! Awesome game! 200 negative rewie? Who is this little boys? I think they have no PS3 and orc-raging. True story, 120% gameplay, best atmosphere, amazing graphic. MUST HAVE!
  7. Aug 19, 2013
    Naughty Dog doesn't make trash. In SCE the are best. Irrefutable proof- The Last of Us. TLoU is perfect game. I don't know what to say else. You should buy PS3 for it.
  8. Aug 19, 2013
    Let me start by prefacing this to say I don't believe this game is perfect. It has it's flaws, but giving it a perfect score doesn't mean that it's perfect, rather that I just couldn't add anything else to it, within reason, to make it even better.

This game has a superb story, as long as you like apocalyptic games. It is appropriate for the setting and is not as predictable as many imply. It's not simply a rehash of a zombie game.

It has about the best graphics you can find on a PS3 game. Some people complain about it having no 1080p support, but that's irrelevant. Getting it to render at a higher resolution than 720p would mean losing detail given that rendering power is limited. Environments are lifelike and they look like an art masterpiece.

Animation is beautifully done, as well as voice acting. They match like you couldn't believe it. You'll feel like the characters are real.

Game-play is completely appropriate to the setting, it feels and behaves like the person handling the gun isn't a gun expert, and it should feel like that, even if it can feel frustrating some times. It feels intended, especially considering the amount of thought that went into the other areas.

I could go on and on regarding the other aspects. However, in the end this game isn't about providing the best mechanics or game-play you can find, there are other games for that. It's about delivering a best-in-class cinematic experience, and if you can accept that, this will probably be one of the best games you've ever played.

I bought a PS3 for this game, and this game only, and I'm keeping it to be able to relive this experience in the future.
  9. Aug 20, 2013
    I have been a Sony fanboy since the launch of the ps2. I loved my PS2 when I got it, from tony hawk to ratchet and clank and let's not forget Jak and Daxter. So when the time came for the ps3 I was beyond excited. But honestly there was never really anything that made me feel I needed to buy one. Not until Uncharted 3 which is when I decided to get one. After that I didn't really knowI have been a Sony fanboy since the launch of the ps2. I loved my PS2 when I got it, from tony hawk to ratchet and clank and let's not forget Jak and Daxter. So when the time came for the ps3 I was beyond excited. But honestly there was never really anything that made me feel I needed to buy one. Not until Uncharted 3 which is when I decided to get one. After that I didn't really know what to get other than old games I wanted to play but never did, but then there was The Last of Us. Not only is it a great game, but it makes you feel great to call yourself a gamer, Naughty Dog really know how to make a game that is thank you to their fans. From gameplay, to story, yo acting this game has it all! I can't recommend it enough! It makes me happy to call myself a Sony fanboy! Expand
  10. Aug 21, 2013
    Easily my favourite game and my game of the year for this year and also my third favourite game of all time just getting bumped out by the walking dead and skyrim
  11. Aug 25, 2013
    This game is perfect. The story is as engrossing and compelling as the best TV series and books and the simple interface reflects perfectly the setting of the game and the atmosphere within which you are consumed. Phenomenal game. Buy a console if you have to just to play this game.
  12. Sep 1, 2013
    A wonderful adventure with a compelling attitude! You'll be driven from start to finish with the awesome gameplay, and intense cinematic's! If you loved the Uncharted series, then this game is right up your alley bringing full ammunition of fun and excitement!
  13. Sep 12, 2013
    I'll be brief. PLAY THIS GAME.

Why should you? -It's narrative and characters are the first to ever feel "Human", rather than superficial and "videogamey" -Great pacing that always keeps you on the edge -Narrative and Characters feel very "weighty" and emotional. Never to soap-opera ish. Always feels like a well done Hollywood Apoclaypse drama (akin to the road) -Just outstanding
    I'll be brief. PLAY THIS GAME.

Why should you?

-Great pacing that always keeps you on the edge
    -Just outstanding production values all the way around
    -Very tense in moments.
    -Fantastic OST by Gustavo Santalla.

I can go on and on. Please, if you have a ps3, or are considering purchasing a ps3 for this game, than please for the love of god do. You seriously won't regret it.

Cons?

Some I guess, It's not perfect, but nothing ever is:

-After the incredible first 15 minutes, the first few hours are a bit of a drag and might feel slow. So don't get dissapointed if you find yourself a bit bored in the first few hours. It honestly picks up, I swear it does.

-Never enough. Wouldn't have minded another level or 2.

But please play this game. Support Naughty Dog, Playstation, because they honestly deserve every single penny.
  14. Sep 12, 2013
    The Last of Us has graphics that will blow your mind it has a storyline that will make want to see more and more.This game is the best video game i have ever played.this game is just incredible. This is a video game like no other. nothing can possibly be better than The last of Us.
  15. Sep 16, 2013
    The best game of this console generation, Period. Great Narrative, made me feel like i was really in a apocalyptic world. the interactions between the two protagonist and the plot itself is worth praising. Thanks Naughty Dog...Thanks.
  16. Sep 21, 2013
    awesome game .The Last of Us is one of the best games I have ever played truly is phenomenal.all of Naughty Dog's games are awesome.Such an immersing world
  17. Sep 21, 2013
    The Last of Us is not only the best exclusive title of the seventh generation of video gaming, but also stands as a triumph as one of the greatest games ever made. Naughty Dog has brought together a game that is harrowing, beautiful, graphic and disturbing. An in-depth look at the human spirit and the will to survive despite the circumstances, The Last of Us stands as one of the mostThe Last of Us is not only the best exclusive title of the seventh generation of video gaming, but also stands as a triumph as one of the greatest games ever made. Naughty Dog has brought together a game that is harrowing, beautiful, graphic and disturbing. An in-depth look at the human spirit and the will to survive despite the circumstances, The Last of Us stands as one of the most in-depth and beautiful games ever conceived.
    Featuring a story that starts off safe, but builds into one of the grand achievements in video games, The Last of Us is memorable and stands tall above the competition, setting a bar of achievements that all other companies in any medium are going to have a hard time matching.
    Top of the line gameplay, characters and character development, a stunning score and beautiful visuals and a surprisingly realistic setting make The Last of Us not only the game to play in 2013, but the game to play if you have any interest in video games, period.
  18. Sep 21, 2013
    An engrossing storyline in which you, as Joel, escort Ellie across America to find the illusive Fireflies.
    With it's engrossing combat mechanics and it's small but manageable crafting system, the game runs smoothly throughout it's campaign. I didn't once feel the controls were sluggish during my time with The Last of Us, and it certainly helps that the pacing is magnificent, allowing meaningful breathers with wonderfully scripted conversations between the two characters.
    There is hardly any faults with the game, and it defiantly shows within the reception and acclaim that the game has received.
    Not to be missed by anyone that owns a playstation 3, as it is a journey that really hits the player hard
    I have no complaint with this game, It's story, gameplay, level design and attention to detail are what make this game one of the best that I have played.
    I will leave with no spoilers as you will not want to have this game ruined for you.
  19. Dec 25, 2013
    I'd say this game is a masterpiece, and I'd accept the critique. But I won't. This isn't a game. It's an experience.
    The Last of Us is out of this world. Number one ever. My favorite game of all times. It's just so incredible. I can't put my feelings into words.
  20. Dec 29, 2013
    Well. It's great game. Must have for every Ps3 owner. Plot is just great Joel and Ellie are most holding in memory characters ever created. Naughty Dog can make awesome games
  21. Dec 30, 2013
    Sensational !......I just created an account to give my feedback on this game. I will rather describe this in few words than a long review.
    Sensational/ Outstanding/ master of masterpieces/ Amazing Awesome.
  22. Dec 30, 2013
    The Last Of Us is not just the best PS3 Game it is the best game ever made
    The Game Has Amazing Story beautiful Graphics it is the easiest 10 i have ever given a game
  23. Jan 2, 2014
    This,this game is a masterpiece. I don't care what you think otherwise but this 50$ or £40 is the best you'll spend/or would spend in 2013/2014 Naughty Dog outdid themselves with this, it is even better than a classic for the PS one 'Crash Bandicoot'.Although the start is very hard to swallow with the slowness and the death of his daughter,but that over comes itself with the bondage thatThis,this game is a masterpiece. I don't care what you think otherwise but this 50$ or £40 is the best you'll spend/or would spend in 2013/2014 Naughty Dog outdid themselves with this, it is even better than a classic for the PS one 'Crash Bandicoot'.Although the start is very hard to swallow with the slowness and the death of his daughter,but that over comes itself with the bondage that him and Ellie grow over the course of this magnificent game. The detail here is mind blowing it pushes the PS3 to the limit,i'm glad i chose this console over the XBOX 360 becuase even though if i had an XBOX 360 i would go out my way and buy a PS3 and this game,and i would play it over and over,but i have already done that and i saved some money also.All pf this was based on the Single Player,now onto the MP or what it's called in the menu 'Factions'.This game wouldn't need that game mode,it would still get those 10/10's 5/5's and 100./100's but with that stealth/survivor mode it makes the game so more fun and adds much replay value.In that mode you start with nearly nothing and it makes you open little red tool boxes with the tools part and crafting materials so you can help your team win.You going have to choose between the rebellion side and the Firefly side which are mentioned in the single player and Joel must help the firefly leader to deliver a 'Package'.But in here you don't come close to do stuff like that,you have your own 'clan' that you must need to feed and expand by doing good in your matches and then you collect 'food' to make sure your survivors are healthy well fed and not hungry.

If you are wanting to buy this masterpiece of a game i recommend doing it now,this moment,run.
    And if you have an XBOX buy a ps3 and this game or buy the game and go to a friend that has a ps3 push him out the way and play it.
  24. Jan 3, 2014
    I'm going to start this review by making a bold statement. The Last of Us is the best PlayStation 3 game you will ever play. The timing of this game's release, a few months before the PlayStation 4 is no co-incidence. The PS3 has had a good run, but developers have finally reached the limit with the quality of gaming they can produce, but what a way to finish.

The Last of Us is set in

The Last of Us is set in the U.S.A. after the cordyceps infection has ravaged the human race, turning humans into vicious, aggressive, almost rabid-like creatures. The game follows the story of Joel, as he attempts to smuggle Ellie, who is immune to the disease, across the country to safety, with plenty of surprises on the way (I'm being deliberately vague to avoid spoilers). The plot almost resembles a movie script rather than a video game; you'll understand if you've played the game. The ending (again without giving away any plot details) brilliantly leaves the plot open for a sequel; Sony also recently registered domain names relating to The Last of Us 2 and The Last of Us 3 read into that what you will.

Whilst technically a linear game, The Last of Us is probably as close to an open-world game as a linear can be; exploration, strategy and resources play a key part in the game. The combat system in The Last of Us is probably as a real a combat experience as you will get on a video game. Much like real-life, resources are very limited and weapons are very powerful. You can't simply hide from enemies and wait for your health to regenerate, instead the player must use health packs, which can be either acquired or created by the player using resources.

The player can use a variety of firearms in the game, ranging from pistols, to shotguns, to hunting rifles. As ammunition is hard to come by, as in reality, players are often better off using melee weapons, such as baseball bats and planks of wood. Both firearms and melee weapons can be upgraded using parts (a resource which can be found).

Resources are one of the most important aspects of The Last of Us, the player can use them as weapons, ammunition, to distract enemies, replenish their health, upgrade weapons or to access certain areas. Resources such as health packs can also be created by crafting raw materials collected by the player.

The player also has the ability to upgrade weapons using collectable tools, and the opportunity to upgrade their character by collecting bottles of pills.

Whilst it's clear that Naughty Dog focused on the single-play, they have included a multiplayer element as well. Like other Naughty Dog games, it's relatively poor compared to the single-player, but The Last of Us' multiplayer, known as Factions, is a good attempt. The multiplayer takes place in the same environment as the game. Players choose one of two Factions, Fireflies (in yellow) and Hunters (in blue). There are no special abilities which are unique to any faction. The player leads a clan of survivors through 12 weeks, gathering supplies in order to advance the clan. Each match counts as one day, and supplies must be gathered to supply the clan; if the necessary supplies aren't gathered then clan members will begin to get hungry, get ill or die. Clan members can then be healed by reaching the required numbers of supplies. The Factions game mode can also be linked to Facebook.

To sum it up, The Last of Us will be, in my opinion, the best PS3 exclusive you will ever play, and possibly the best game you'll ever play on PS3 (the only real game that could compete with it is Grand Theft Auto V). The plot will keep you entertained for hours, and probably more.
  25. Jan 7, 2014
    My favourite single player game of all time.

The story was incredibly addictive, made me never want to put my controller down, and like a good book, I found myself thinking about the characters when I wasn't playing it.

If you play one game in your lifetime, make it this game.
  26. Jan 11, 2014
    Naughty Bear's Left 4 Dead 3 is a stellar game that should get attention from every video game fanatic. You fight your way through necromorphs and the rebel alliance along with your AI partner Ellen Page,
  27. Jan 13, 2014
    Everything has been already written and said. It is that good, really! Anyone considering buying the cheapest secondhand peace of PS3 hardware just to give it a try should do it! Afterwards you can peacefully put it away knowing that money were most well spent!! It is that one of kind GAME that makes you totally forget about the thing that you "just playing video games", giving you theEverything has been already written and said. It is that good, really! Anyone considering buying the cheapest secondhand peace of PS3 hardware just to give it a try should do it! Afterwards you can peacefully put it away knowing that money were most well spent!! It is that one of kind GAME that makes you totally forget about the thing that you "just playing video games", giving you the single best ART experience throughout all media (music, books, comics, movies etc..) this year.

There are some AI bugs, but you will forgive, for this one is aiming different direction. That is to give you great story, characters, experience, perspective and fill you with emotions. I dont normally write much about stuff but this time I had to just to shake it off my mind a bit. It sticks so very much.
  28. Jan 14, 2014
    Naughty Dog makes good games. Really good games. The Last of Us premise sounded fairly basic, and not something I usually go for: post-apocalyptic zombies vs regular people. Of course, they had a new twist--the zombies were victims of a fungal brain infection. Still not enough I would likely have tried it ... Except these are the people who made the Uncharted games.

Graphics: Gorgeous.

Graphics:
    Gorgeous. A dirty, post-apocalyptic world never looked so good. Seriously, the shadows and reflections are stunning.

Story:
    Let's just say I was still thinking about the ending days later. The characters are fully realized, with unique and compelling personalities, true to themselves. Both protagonists have moments when you might not even like them, but you always kind of love them. You feel them. Especially, Ellie, who is surprisingly sassy.

Gameplay:
    Heavy focus on stealth, with plenty of combat and a few environmental puzzles, though nothing as deep as Uncharted. Everything performs so smoothly the control scheme disappears. You can almost forget you're playing a game.

Because resources like ammo are scarce, you're always trying to deal with or avoid enemies in quiet ways without alerting them. Like silent takedowns, which are a real pleasure, and take just long enough to make you nervous someone's buddy will spot you doing it.

There are also some upgrades available, both to your character, and even more fun, to your individual weapons. You can increase the clip capacity, reload speed, and so forth. A system that carries over into Newgame +, which I actually tried out a bit just to continue enjoying the enhancement system.

Overall 10/10
  29. Jan 15, 2014
    It's true, in my opinion, that it doesn't live up to the hype. But that doesn't stop it from being a complete pleasure to play. I would have awarded it more points, but the story (whilst being very strong) didn't resonate with me on the emotional level I really wanted. Yet stunning visuals and fun gameplay easily make it one of the best games of 2013
  30. Jan 15, 2014
    This is the best game ever made since Final Fantasy VII IMO. This should be GOTY and this is top 5 game of all time in my top 10 list !!!. GTA V is overrated and this game is way better.
  31. Jan 16, 2014
    Not for the faint of heart. This is the kind of game that is so dark, gritty and uncompromisingly brutal, that you are probably gonna want to take a shower. I don't know how I didn't play this sooner. The Last of Us features, in my opinion, the most engrossing story in the history of video games. Everything about the game is heart-wrenching. You feel the pain, sadness, and utter despairNot for the faint of heart. This is the kind of game that is so dark, gritty and uncompromisingly brutal, that you are probably gonna want to take a shower. I don't know how I didn't play this sooner. The Last of Us features, in my opinion, the most engrossing story in the history of video games. Everything about the game is heart-wrenching. You feel the pain, sadness, and utter despair through every moment.

The combat is fantastic and is an example for all 3rd person shooters. Fantastic mechanics, good cover system, and endless possibilities in terms of taking on enemies. The gameplay feels so natural, it is often panic-inducing.

As if the story isn't worth the price tag, the multiplayer is endlessly entertaining. Unlike run-of-the-mill multiplayer experiences (COD for example), this requires teamwork and smart use of resources. It can be a little overwhelming at first. It has a pretty steep learning curve, but after getting acquainted with the single player, it becomes second nature. I tend to burnout on games after 10 hours or so, but The Last of Us is an exception.

Graphics are A+. Can't say anything more.

If you enjoy intense gaming experiences and want something that will stick with you, play this NOW.
  32. Jan 19, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. A game that has outstanding depth and character development, along with a fantastic story, questionable decisions, and towards the end, an almost seemingly unethical turn around for the entire game. Just to point out, I have used the spoilers disclaimer, and I rarely use it; this review does contain some pretty big spoilers, so just in case you disputed the disclaimer, please bear that in mind.

So, to start with, the game opens with an incredibly emotional scenario; starting off as Joel's daughter, you end up caught in an escalating event, an incredibly dramatic set up for the entire story. Passing through the town, and into the city, the game throws some incredibly elaborate (and some rather subtle) set pieces that truly drag you deep into the catastrophe. This immersion is something which should be plentiful nowadays, unfortunately isn't. It really shows how far Naughty Dog have come since their debut with Crash Bandicoot. The intro makes you think, and feel, as though you are truly there.

The game itself is set twenty years later, beginning in a tight quarantine zone. Throughout the game, you will experience a plethora of various environments; cityscapes, suburbs, sewers, city outskirts and forests, and small towns. Whilst the most commonplace is downtown cities, the game definitely mixes it up with varied and beautifully detailed areas, which definitely keep the game fresh.

Throughout the game, Joel and Ellie (a young girl who seems to hold the key to immunity to the disease) develop in ways I personally rarely see in games, with exception to Spec Ops; The Line. Several decisions they make could be questioned on their necessity, and towards the end, Joel becomes something almost barbaric. This character development should be noted, as it begins to blur the line as to who the bad guys REALLY are. At the end of the game, Joel makes probably the most controversial decision in the entire game; killing those that could be considered the saviours of mankind, all to protect Ellie. Whether this move could be considered good or evil is far from difficult, and leaves the player thinking hard, long after the game is over.

In terms of gameplay, the survival aspects are fantastic, the combat brutal (bullet shots FEEL like bullet shots, each taking a huge impact on the player), and overall, keeps you on the edge at all times. Expect to die a lot, but also to feel satisfied should you make it through. This game is not for the faint of heart, but giving you the option of either stealth or guns blazing is something which can involve a far greater range of audience. Expect, however, to have to perform both, as supplies are scarce, and complete stealth throughout the entire game is expected only of true gaming ninjas. Prepare to put up a fight.

Overall, the game is fantastic and diverse, with occasional break points, where you are free to just wander around and take in each environment, gathering supplies for further confrontation. Combat is, of course, plentiful, and this game suits those looking for both a good story, and a game that provides decent stealth and survival aspects on the side. Should those meet your needs, buy this game. It's far beyond worth it. I haven't yet touched multiplayer, but in the singleplayer alone, this game is well deserving of a 10/10.

Naughty Dog have done it again.
  33. Jan 25, 2014
    Mine think its the best game ever my life what i have ever played, i have played in pc many years, now i got ps3 and when i get hands on The Last Of Us its just looks phenomenal, it's masterpiece. I finished game two days ago and in end i realized, how can be game that awesome all if this game is so perfect and beautiful. Mine think its yes the best game ever, seriously.

NaughtyDog has

NaughtyDog has made excellent work agin. I thinking do purchase Post-Pandemic Edition or Survival Edition, probably Survival one. If this game self even cost 300€ i will definitely buy that without think about that. Thants are mine rating of that game.

Also i have allready pre-orded Left Behind SP DLC, cannot wait when 14 come :P
    So now if i see rating overall that game ign/gamespot/eurogamer all give max points.

The Last Of Us - Masterpiece Art of game.
  34. Feb 20, 2014
    Personally I think journey is the best game ever but TLoU comes second and still gets a 10. There were some flaws in the game - invisible sniper anyone???? and there were so many instances where i lost immersion, like ellie and the clickers and how in the ending the game got super hard... ND you should know better!!!!

But my goodness if you werent moved by this game you have a heart of

But my goodness if you werent moved by this game you have a heart of stone. I cried more in the game than in the last harry potter book! People who say games are only for kids or to waste time are stoopid! and should play this game cause they'll realize their backwards views are wrong.

Now i want ND to make a new ip every four years i'm sick of stupid sequels. People read masterpiece books so shouldn't people play masterpiece games over and over???? Think about it.

But anyway obvious goty and snobs who say "OMG isn't on PC" dont deserve to play this masterpiece.
  35. Feb 22, 2014
    I am confident to say that The Last of Us is the best game that I have played in this generation. Even though my favorite genre is JRPG, I recognize all the developers’ efforts in this memorable masterpiece.

First of all, this game is not a shooter. Every year people complain about the same franchises arguing that they do not innovate. Ironically, games like Call of Duty still continue to break sales record over and over. To be honest, I expected that The Last of Us was going to be somewhat Uncharted-like (since it’s from the same studio), but for my surprise it is not. It is all about surviving. You have to make every bullet count instead of shooting frenetically. In my opinion, a game has a good chance of succeeding by not being more from the same saturated shooter industry. Another thing that makes the game brilliant is the stealth system. It completely suits with the survival aspect.

Secondly, I believe that games are not only about gameplay but also story and soundtrack. The cast is memorable and the voice acting is amazing. It is easy to have immersion in the game because you get involved with the events between Joel and Ellie. They are charismatic and somehow invite you to be part of their adventure. One thing that I have to highlight is the fact that this game is not about zombies. In fact, the term used to describe these kind of enemies is “infected”. No banal things like “shoot only in the head to kill them” exist. People are just infected. It is possible to kill some of them unarmed and not by blowing up their heads. Some levels of infection require weapons to kill enemies, but it is a feature that adds challenge to the game. The concept of infected may not be original, but from I gather it is easy to distinguish the infected ones from this game.

For these reasons, The Last of Us is my game of the generation. In a world where console games seems to decline year after year with the advent of mobile and casual games, I cheer that hardcore, innovative and memorable games continue to come. Naughty Dog was able to prove that even in the end of generation there is still hope for old school gamers.
  36. Feb 25, 2014
    One of the best games I have ever played. Great visuals, great game play value and amazing story line. This also came with one of the best single player D.L.C updates. Would recommend this game to everyone, except twitch shooter junkies and Facebook game players. If you are exempt from these two, and have an intelligence level higher than 50.I.q. then you will love this game.
  37. Feb 27, 2014
    The last of us is not just any ordinary video game. It's more of an experience. This game is rated Mature because of the the issues it deals with. It dares to tread where no other games would. It shows us what we really are capable of and the things that might happen when all hope is lost. It makes us question our morality. This is not just a game, it is so much more. It proves that gamingThe last of us is not just any ordinary video game. It's more of an experience. This game is rated Mature because of the the issues it deals with. It dares to tread where no other games would. It shows us what we really are capable of and the things that might happen when all hope is lost. It makes us question our morality. This is not just a game, it is so much more. It proves that gaming can be an art form. this is a truly remarkable game. It deserves all the plaudits because it truly is the Greatest game ever made. This game will be remembered for a long long time Expand
  38. Mar 1, 2014
    The Last of Us. A game that will be remembered.

Naughty Dog have made a masterpiece. The Last of Us brings you a story that will touch you. The characters, the world and overall the gameplay itself make this game the best that I've ever played. Joel and Ellie are characters that you will fall in love with The game tells the story of their relationship and how from totally disliking
    The Last of Us. A game that will be remembered.

Joel and Ellie are characters that you will fall in love with
    The game tells the story of their relationship and how from totally disliking each other they become best friends and even more.

Throughout the game you will find interesting items that you can use to craft bombs, shivs, med kits and other things to help you survive in the environment which is done beautifully. The combat system is one of the most interesting things you will see. It's not about run and gun, you have to use your brain and think before you act which will be a blast because of the many different ways to approach each fight. You can even chose to avoid conflict completely.

The graphics of the game are one of the most satisfying graphics you'll see not because of how well they are done (and they are done VERY well) but because of the way they make the game look so believable and so much mor satisfying.

You might find yourself crying while playing the game and you might feel attached to the character which will make you think about the world that we live in and how people treat one another. Joel and Ellie will touch your heart and you will have an experience that you would want to remember forever and make you wish that they were real.
  39. Mar 5, 2014
    This will probably go down as one of my favorite games of this console generation (being a close second behind Red Dead Redemption). From the story to the combat, everything felt fresh and new. Playing it on survivor mode also added to the intensity with limited supplies. I can see a lot of FPS people not liking this game but I see that as more so not liking anything that isn't a FPS asThis will probably go down as one of my favorite games of this console generation (being a close second behind Red Dead Redemption). From the story to the combat, everything felt fresh and new. Playing it on survivor mode also added to the intensity with limited supplies. I can see a lot of FPS people not liking this game but I see that as more so not liking anything that isn't a FPS as opposed to not actually liking the game itself. The story was actually better than most blockbuster movies you would see these days. If you liked other Naughty Dog titles like Uncharted then you'll love this game. However if you don't usually play anything outside of COD and combat is way more important to you than story/visuals then this may not be for you. Personally I loved it. Expand
  40. Mar 13, 2014
    Is surprising the awesomeness of this game. The characters, the plot, the gameplay, the graphics, the scenario and all in this game are great. Worth every single penny that you spend in this game. The Last of Us is a masterpiece!
  41. Mar 14, 2014
    The Last Of Us is a true gaming marvel. It achieves the pinnacle of story telling along with a fantastic combat system. The game may have a few bugs, like when you're sneaking around infected or hunters, your companions might walk right in front of them or run around the place and not get detected.

I believe this game is at it's best when Joel an Ellie are battling with hunters and covering on another. A moment that made me smile was when I was out of ammo in my guns, Ellie shouted out "Hey, a**hole!" and then threw a brick at him allowing me to run at him and smash his head against the wall.

Naughty Dog have really outdone themselves once again. Even with Uncharted, I got bored of the combat eventually, because it just felt like I was being forced through these repetitive combat sequences to get to the next cut scene. But with The Last Of Us, I didn't feel this was whatsoever. I enjoyed the combat system because it felt fluid and realistic. Every punch of your fist or smack of a metal pipe felt like it had weight to it. I especially liked how after getting shot or hit in the face, Joel's nose or other part of his face might be bleeding.

Each combat (or stealth) sequence also felt unique. Different areas allow for different strategies, will I go up on that balcony and get a vantage point, or will I just sneak by and avoid a confrontation entirely. These are the choices that give this game a feeling of originality.

The Last Of Us is one of the defining game of every generation, it blends immersive combat with a truly great story about a middle aged man and a teenage girl crossing the United States of America which has been desolated by an infection.
  42. Mar 15, 2014
    GOOD: great and engaging story, good characters, plays out like a movie, superb first impressions, beautiful and lush environments, very hard, makes you feel cautious throughout the entire game, excellent crafting system, awesome guns and equipment, you have the need to use everything which makes you feel like nothing in the game is useless, have to find equipment because resources areGOOD: great and engaging story, good characters, plays out like a movie, superb first impressions, beautiful and lush environments, very hard, makes you feel cautious throughout the entire game, excellent crafting system, awesome guns and equipment, you have the need to use everything which makes you feel like nothing in the game is useless, have to find equipment because resources are scarce, Ellie is a good partner, got to play as Ellie, fun multiplayer in which you also have to be cautious, one of the creepiest boss battles ever, and a nice ending

BAD: capped at 720P, I did not have the need to get every single collectible

FINAL VERDICT: Games like this makes people think why we need a new console generation every 7 years. The Last Of Us is easily the best Sony exclusive ever made and one of the top 10 best games ever.
    Worth $60 dollars and worth buying a PS3 just to play it. This game should be played by everyone single gamer.
  43. Mar 15, 2014
    Wow, just wow. This game is not just one of the best games ever made, but it's also one of the best experiences I've ever had. The story is deep and extremely emotional, it hits you right from the beginning. All of the characters introduced in the game have immeasurable depth. The graphics are good for a Ps3 game, but the art direction is absolutely fantastic, they've made sure to addWow, just wow. This game is not just one of the best games ever made, but it's also one of the best experiences I've ever had. The story is deep and extremely emotional, it hits you right from the beginning. All of the characters introduced in the game have immeasurable depth. The graphics are good for a Ps3 game, but the art direction is absolutely fantastic, they've made sure to add every little detail you can think of (vines growing on walls, buildings corroding, etc). You can tell they loved making this game. The sound in the game is fantastic as well, especially the voice acting from Troy Baker (Joel) & Ashley Johnson (Ellie). They had great chemistry with one another. Also, the gameplay is top-notch .The hand to hand combat was crafted, the way you sneak around, and the gun-play, was all given the same attention to detail as everything else, all were excellent. This is one of the best games of all-time. Expand
  44. Mar 16, 2014
    It's hard to find words that can describe this game, but all i can say is wow. This game is pure brilliant and by far the best game that i have ever played. If you are thinking of getting this game - do. I can't recommend it enough and you will not regret buying it.
  45. Mar 18, 2014
    I bought my PS3 for GTA V. During the waiting period (for its release) I went into a game store where I found some PS3 games. I looked at The Last of Us, having never seen it before, and I liked the cover art, so I figured, why the heck not. Take a chance, I thought. I bought it. And it was one of the best decisions in my life.

I completed the game three times already and I'm ready to

I completed the game three times already and I'm ready to begin playing it for the fourth time. This game is the definition of addiction. I can't get enough of the excellent story, interesting world and remarkable characters this game is offering. Joel and Ellie are absolutely great. Ellie is actually my favourite game character ever. And I played a lot of games, trust me.

The soundtrack is, in my opinion, one of the best game soundtracks ever. The songs composed by Gustavo Santaolalla are absolutely touching and will remain in your head long after finishing the game. In my case, I think they'll always remain in my head. It's true art.

This is the only game which I rated 7/7 in my personal notebook (yes, I rate games out of 7, don't ask!). Out of hundreds and hundreds of games this one just got me good. So if you are considering buying it... if you like great story, great gameplay, great atmosphere, great characters, great music, great visuals, do it. You won't regret it. I swear.

So in the end I liked The Last of Us better than GTA V, the game which I bought my console for.

Thank you Naughty Dog for creating this masterpiece.
    Patrick
  46. Mar 23, 2014
    If I could give this game an 11 out of 10 then I would. In terms of graphics, story, gameplay and mechanics this masterpiece is lightyears ahead of anything out there at the moment. Currently on my 7th playthrough and it hasn't lost one bit of thrill. An absolute must buy if you have a PS3. If you do have a PS3 and not this game then WHAT ARE YOU DOING !!!???
  47. Mar 23, 2014
    Masterpiece is the only thing that crosses my mind whenever I hear this game. If you own a PS3 and you love video games, it's a crime that you have not played this yet...
  48. Mar 24, 2014
    Naughty Dog did it again. They created an awesome game with an awesome storyline, awesome movements, awesome and scary enemies and of course awesome scenarios and graphics. This game is the best.
  49. Mar 26, 2014
    Perfection doesn't exist. The Last Of Us on PS3 shouldn't exist either. What sorcery is this? How is the PS3 able to have this jewel in its crown? Naughty Dog used dark magic on the PS1 to create the Crash Bandicoot games, and again on the PS3 to create Uncharted 2, but this game... it's the equivalent of Nintendo's Super Mario Galaxy 2 on the Wii, a game that shouldn't exist on thatPerfection doesn't exist. The Last Of Us on PS3 shouldn't exist either. What sorcery is this? How is the PS3 able to have this jewel in its crown? Naughty Dog used dark magic on the PS1 to create the Crash Bandicoot games, and again on the PS3 to create Uncharted 2, but this game... it's the equivalent of Nintendo's Super Mario Galaxy 2 on the Wii, a game that shouldn't exist on that system, but it does. Expand
  50. Mar 28, 2014
    Easily the best game of 2013. The story is one of the most emotional ones out there, the graphics are amazing and the fact it's running on old hardware is also amazing. The multiplayer is good which you usually in single-player based games there bad. If you don't own a ps3 this is a good reason to get one.
  51. Mar 30, 2014
    What hasn't been said about this game that hasn't already been said. This game is a masterpiece, a stroke of pure genius from Naughty Dog. From the story to the multiplayer, there is no excuse not to play this game. Its a force of nature. The story is unforgivingly tragic and straight forward, unlike most games on the market. The performances are Oscar worthy and deserve nearly all theWhat hasn't been said about this game that hasn't already been said. This game is a masterpiece, a stroke of pure genius from Naughty Dog. From the story to the multiplayer, there is no excuse not to play this game. Its a force of nature. The story is unforgivingly tragic and straight forward, unlike most games on the market. The performances are Oscar worthy and deserve nearly all the praise it's been getting. The multiplayer is fantastic and is a breath of fresh air for Battlefield or CoD fans. If you own a PS3, there is no reason that you shouldn't buy this game, it's a masterpiece. Expand
  52. Apr 11, 2014
    If you have a PS3 and do not have this masterpiece, I absolutely advise you to... A. Purchase this game now on PS3. or B. Buy this game for PS4 when it releases near summer of this year.

I cannot tell you anything else besides the fact that this game has everything: < Next-gen looking graphics < An amazing story that makes you cry and smile and laugh with Joel and Ellie because you

I cannot tell you anything else besides the fact that this game has everything:
    < Next-gen looking graphics
    < An amazing story that makes you cry and smile and laugh with Joel and Ellie because you feel emotionally attached to them
    < Fluid and intense gameplay
    < Great atmosphere and level design
    < And much more...

GOTY 2013 for me absolutely.
  53. May 20, 2014
    A true masterpiece, a generation defining game, and one of the best games you'll ever get to play.
    The Last Of Us is the culmination of the seventh generation of consoles and one of the best games ever made in history, it's amazing story makes you get attached to Ellie and Joel in a way that you just can't imagine, and it has some of the most engaging and realistic gameplay a game has ever had.

In 25 years from now it will still be played and remembered as a cult video game like no other.
  54. Apr 23, 2014
    Absolutely superb. Fantastic, emotional and engaging story. Very smooth combat with smart enemies so you have to think on your plan of attack. Graphics are mindblowing with very detailed and realistic looking characters and environments. Overall I believe that this is one of the best games of all time. 10/10
  55. Apr 26, 2014
    Masterpiece. Only one word is needed to review this game. It's simply something beautiful, memorable, emotional and incredibly special. Non- PS3 owners shall envy this game and they should. This is certainly a once in a generation experience and while it isn't a game in the most typical sense, it's something games haven't gone before. A game that genuinely will make you cry and neverMasterpiece. Only one word is needed to review this game. It's simply something beautiful, memorable, emotional and incredibly special. Non- PS3 owners shall envy this game and they should. This is certainly a once in a generation experience and while it isn't a game in the most typical sense, it's something games haven't gone before. A game that genuinely will make you cry and never forget some of the disturbing choices you are forced to make. An ending, that sticks with you and will never let go. Please don't miss out on this incredible experience especially if you own the PS3, it could well likely be the best game you've ever experienced. Expand
  56. May 22, 2014
    What makes this a Naughty Dog game and not simply a retread is the studio's use of actors, music, environments, characters, and gameplay. Everything here flows together beautifully much like the paintings of Leonardo da Vinci.
  57. Jun 29, 2014
    why i'm actually dissapointed with some of the negative reviews, the last of us on hard is one of the most intense games i have ever played, i loved the stealth segments, the crafting system, the enemy ai,the horror feeling,the shooting and everything else that was simple top notch, there is nothing wrong with adding a cinematic feeling to a stellar gameplay experience, i swear that evenwhy i'm actually dissapointed with some of the negative reviews, the last of us on hard is one of the most intense games i have ever played, i loved the stealth segments, the crafting system, the enemy ai,the horror feeling,the shooting and everything else that was simple top notch, there is nothing wrong with adding a cinematic feeling to a stellar gameplay experience, i swear that even without the story and the music i still would have love it, i guess that when something is so succesful it brings a lot of hate from jealous people,it becomes perfectly normal to hate great things, i really don't want to live in a cynic world where everything is considered overrated and meh Expand
  58. Jul 15, 2014
    It astonishes me with amount of people who dislike this game. Although, I can agree it's not for everyone, it's still a fantastic game.

The gameplay is simple, but it has a lot of variety and allows different ways to approach levels. You can sneak past while throwing a bottle or brick to distract your enemies, or you can run through the level shooting and beating the crap out of enemies. Yes, its not like Metal Gear or Deus Ex, but that's because it's not supposed to be.

The Last Of Us has a simple, yet effective story with beautiful and immerse levels. You play as Joel. He'sin his early forties (or so I estimated) twenty years after the apocalypse started. You are then given your objective with escorting Ellie through a run down city. Simple. I know, but as you progress the story becomes more of a more human and emotional story.

Voice acting is superb. Troy Baker and Ashley Johnson play the characters of Joel and Ellie quite well.

The multiplayer is definitely amazing. It takes all the in game elements of the single player, and adds it to the multiplayer. Note that teamwork is key to survival.

In conclusion The Last Of Us is a beautifully, immerse game, with superb characters, fun gameplay, and a emotional tale told well. It's not for everybody, but if you're a fan of Naughty Dog, then you'll love this masterpiece. Also you can skip cut-scenes if they aren't for you.
  59. Jul 19, 2014
    This game accomplishes what many games seek to do but fall short of doing. By far the best looking game on the PS3 I've seen, and I find it difficult to switch back to other games after playing The Last of Us due to the difference in visual quality. On top of that it has a phenomenal story behind it with characters you become attached to. These two qualities alone make you want to keepThis game accomplishes what many games seek to do but fall short of doing. By far the best looking game on the PS3 I've seen, and I find it difficult to switch back to other games after playing The Last of Us due to the difference in visual quality. On top of that it has a phenomenal story behind it with characters you become attached to. These two qualities alone make you want to keep playing the game until you beat it. Add into these factors that it has great game mechanics and the option to choose how to play. After beating the game you have the option of multiplayer, which is tied into the story mode and has unique gameplay settings that I haven't personally seen combined into one game before, or since. All of these things add up to make the best game on the PlayStation console, and one of the best games ever as well. It's unique place in the world of gaming opens it up to non-gamers as well for the captivating cutscenes are available to watch in the option settings. Expand
  60. Aug 3, 2014
    One of the best games I have ever played. Gameplay, graphics, storyline controls all thought out well and makes for a game that will always remember look forward to playing again in the remastered version.
  61. Aug 3, 2014
    I don't know what to say, I don't remember much... because it blew my mind. There is nothing left of me except the awestruck face I am frozen with. Never ever will I dismiss games as being just for adolescents again. Do your country justice and buy this game NOW!!!
  62. Aug 9, 2014
    I've been a PC gamer for the majority of my life and I really wanted to try this game out. I just never wanted to spend the money on a console (ps3). During the release of the PS4, it made sense to hop on board, due to the amount of exclusives that Sony has. This is by far one of the best single-player games I've ever played in my lifetime. This is up there with Half-Life (insert allI've been a PC gamer for the majority of my life and I really wanted to try this game out. I just never wanted to spend the money on a console (ps3). During the release of the PS4, it made sense to hop on board, due to the amount of exclusives that Sony has. This is by far one of the best single-player games I've ever played in my lifetime. This is up there with Half-Life (insert all the expansions), Half-Life 2, Bioshock, and many others. Expand
  63. Aug 16, 2014
    The only decent game I have played in a while and it's made for a relic. Imagine if this was built taking advantage of a high end PC. I gave a ten as compared to the other 99% of crappy games out there this comes out tops, a rather sad thing to say about the gaming industry.
  64. Aug 21, 2014
    This is not a review, this is a love letter to Naughty dog :)
    This is not a video game, this is interactive experience and absolutely the best game I have ever played.
    This is not a review, this is a love letter to Naughty dog :)
    First of all, I don't,like Apocalypse, games, somehow they are not exactly my cup of tea. But this lifeless world is in a specific way full of life. Life, your life and way more important, girls life. The way i felt while playing The Last of us i felt so emotional and the atmosphere was so intensive that i could feel the weight of a burden to preserve girls life. Very story driven, absolutely awesome characters and great actors. Game design is great and I mean in functional and aesthetic way. Foliage is greener than in far cry witch is synonym for paradise on virtual earth.
    Stealth great, AI very good, combat very good, graphics stellar ( how PS 3 could handle this I don't, know)
    In any way a must have game.
    Clear 10 :)
  65. Oct 3, 2014
    When the First time I heard this game..I thought its just another zombie game.

but i was wrong!,this game is truly masterpiece,and probably my fav game of all times. The strory was beautiful,memorable and fantastic!. The gameplay in this game is one best third person shooter gameplay ive ever played,you can craft items,do a stealth and use melee attack. the guns sound in this
    When the First time I heard this game..I thought its just another zombie game.

The strory was beautiful,memorable and fantastic!.

the guns sound in this game is feels so real and also i love how the death animation feels so real and brutal

graphics... best grapchis on ps3 nuff say

I strongly recommend this game to peoples who had ps3

also I really love Ellie shes so cute :D
  66. Oct 12, 2014
    This is one of my top ten games that I have played. it's got good graphics and an amazing story line, if you enjoyed the walking dead you would probably like the last of us too.
  67. Nov 22, 2014
    It was a bit strange. I started the game on and it was Uncharted. I played through it, and it was nothing like Uncharted. It was a game world I wanted to be in (not literally of course). But while I was playing it, I felt like I was there. It hit home with me - the world, the characters, the places, the enemies... I was missing such gaming qualities for so many years and I was able toIt was a bit strange. I started the game on and it was Uncharted. I played through it, and it was nothing like Uncharted. It was a game world I wanted to be in (not literally of course). But while I was playing it, I felt like I was there. It hit home with me - the world, the characters, the places, the enemies... I was missing such gaming qualities for so many years and I was able to realized that just now.
    For me, though, the first few hours wasn't very good. Somewhere in the 30% progress in the game, I was thinking about abandoning it as I was not even hooked and mostly annoyed... Am I a thankful I didn't. Not quite sure what exactly did it, but being on the verge of hating the game, I was subconsciously starting to fall in love with it. And there are some other games I would give 10/10, but this one, in addition, is something quite special. And I do miss it quite a lot.
  68. Nov 19, 2014
    If you own a ps3. You NEED this game. The replay value is questionable, online multiplayer is usually fun, but has some network connection flaws. The game itself is perfectly crafted.
  69. Nov 21, 2014
    this game is amazing it succeeds in every aspect possible (graphics,sound,story,gameplay,etc). the story is great and the characters and voice acting are among the best i have ever seen in a videogame. if you own a ps3 or ps4 you have to buy this game is the best seventh generation game and currently the best game in the eight generation
  70. Nov 22, 2014
    A true masterpiece on every level. Great story, wonderful characters, perfect voice acting, intense combat, fun multiplayer, beautiful graphics, difficult enemies, etc. etc. There is so much this game does good that it is hard to find any flaws in a otherwise perfect game. It is a game that will be remembered and played for generations. This game isn't for everyone though, so if you can'tA true masterpiece on every level. Great story, wonderful characters, perfect voice acting, intense combat, fun multiplayer, beautiful graphics, difficult enemies, etc. etc. There is so much this game does good that it is hard to find any flaws in a otherwise perfect game. It is a game that will be remembered and played for generations. This game isn't for everyone though, so if you can't appreciate a game focusing on story rather then gameplay then this isn't for you. Expand
  71. Dec 20, 2014
    Game play: is good, not great and is kept fresh with the constant obtaining of new weapons. story: is very generic, predictable and all of the side characters are just there to die. Graphics: undeniably the best part of this game, i was amazed by how good this game looks. The lighting is flawless, the settings are captivating and the animations of the characters is very life like. TheGame play: is good, not great and is kept fresh with the constant obtaining of new weapons. story: is very generic, predictable and all of the side characters are just there to die. Graphics: undeniably the best part of this game, i was amazed by how good this game looks. The lighting is flawless, the settings are captivating and the animations of the characters is very life like. The voice acting is also amazing and you can really hear the emotion in the two main characters very time they speak.. Overall the last of us is one of the most polished gaming experiences I've ever had, but the game play and story do fall short of my expectations, especially given all the hype surrounding the game. I would give the game an 8.3., it is well worth your time. Expand
  72. Jun 25, 2015
    There is no doubt this is a good game. The graphics are good, the engine is solid and the story is interesting. The gameplay is tense and fun, reminiscent of Gears or any other well executed cover based shooter. It ticks every box. However, don't expect the rush of 'feelings' so many reviewers purport to having. The story is above par, but did I get any feels? Nope. I believe the hype thisThere is no doubt this is a good game. The graphics are good, the engine is solid and the story is interesting. The gameplay is tense and fun, reminiscent of Gears or any other well executed cover based shooter. It ticks every box. However, don't expect the rush of 'feelings' so many reviewers purport to having. The story is above par, but did I get any feels? Nope. I believe the hype this gets is due to an 'emperor's new clothes' scenario.

Definitely worth playing, just don't expect the all conquering, epitome of greatness it's made out to be.
  73. Oct 14, 2015
    My biggest fear for this game is that people will think its just another zombie game (of which there are many). This game is incredible. Graphics are very good - probably the best on the old ps3. But its the story and the characters that really set this game apart. Best storyline I have ever played in a game.
  74. Nov 18, 2015
    This game is definetly one of a kind.

This game is definetly one of a kind.

Amazing story with characters that are more human than most people in this day and age. It's an insight on what the world could be like, very good game if you like Walking Dead or are a fan of Zombie films. This game actually provides a challenge, not the big guns, lots of ammo, shoot 'em ups that consoles are in abundance of of. This game actually makes you feel like you have accomplished something great. It received alot of hype and still does, if you haven't played this title, pick it up (at a great price) now!
  75. Dec 27, 2015
    I played it over a year after the release, was afraid I would play another overrated modern game and I was happily surprised to find that I was wrong. The game as some defaults such as some annoying (but very rare) contacts with other characters when you crouch and try to pass some monsters and I found Ellie to be too vulgar, too often. But pretty much everything else is great. One of theI played it over a year after the release, was afraid I would play another overrated modern game and I was happily surprised to find that I was wrong. The game as some defaults such as some annoying (but very rare) contacts with other characters when you crouch and try to pass some monsters and I found Ellie to be too vulgar, too often. But pretty much everything else is great. One of the best looking if not the best looking game of this console generation, the way the story evolves is very well put, there is a real sensation of survival. The game encourages stealth without impeaching you to just be a brute at times. The environments are really good, vegetation growing all over the place in major cities. Expand
  76. Jan 7, 2016
    With TLOU we stand right before the best a survival experience can reach. Decision making, supplies search, kills are perfectly tweaked to render a life-or-death experience which is essential. Some AI minor troubles and a diffuse sense of prediction of what is going to happen gameplay-wise prevent this game to have a 10. The plot is magnificent, auto-conclusive and emotional, with twistsWith TLOU we stand right before the best a survival experience can reach. Decision making, supplies search, kills are perfectly tweaked to render a life-or-death experience which is essential. Some AI minor troubles and a diffuse sense of prediction of what is going to happen gameplay-wise prevent this game to have a 10. The plot is magnificent, auto-conclusive and emotional, with twists and turns that you'll remember. All in all, an experience to never forget. Expand
  77. Feb 9, 2016
    THIS GAME IS AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!! IF YOU'RE THINKING ABOUT BUYING IT, JUST GOD DAMN BUY IT!!! YOU WONT REGRET IT! But seriously i friggen love this game, ive played it for 7 hours straight once lmao
  78. Feb 10, 2016
    The end of the campaign left me speechless. Never before has a game touched me at such an emotional level. Everything about this game was executed perfectly. From the graphics, to the controls, to the voice acting and more, this game was utterly perfect. If you are a PlayStation user and don't have this game.... What the **** are you doing? Go get it NOW!
  79. Feb 17, 2016
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Rarely will anything get a perfect score from me, but this game is a masterpiece. Naughty Dog has done it again. Naughty Dog has produced, unbelievably, a better game than the Uncharted series, and it's beautiful. Expand
  80. Feb 20, 2016
    Naughty Dog really did knock the ball out of the park with this game. The Last Of Us truly is one of the best games ever made. It features all of the key components you want in a video game which includes a breathtaking story which will play with your emotions, well structured gameplay that will make you come back for more, and a fairly balanced multiplayer. Also, the characters in theNaughty Dog really did knock the ball out of the park with this game. The Last Of Us truly is one of the best games ever made. It features all of the key components you want in a video game which includes a breathtaking story which will play with your emotions, well structured gameplay that will make you come back for more, and a fairly balanced multiplayer. Also, the characters in the story are some of the most unique and well written characters i have seen in a video game. The chemistry between Joel and Ellie is enough to keep you sucked into the story as we see how they started out with a feud towards each other concluding with Joel being a father figure to her. The Last Of Us is easily in my top 10 games of all time and i highly recommend it to anybody that owns a PS3 or PS4. Expand
  81. Apr 1, 2016
    The attention to detail and the care the actors took to portray the real grit of the game was astounding. This game is miles above its competition. It's one of the very few games that has earned its respect. Understandably the hype has caused some to hate on the game or has clouded their sense of fulfilment in the game (coming after the hype means that you're actively scanning for flawsThe attention to detail and the care the actors took to portray the real grit of the game was astounding. This game is miles above its competition. It's one of the very few games that has earned its respect. Understandably the hype has caused some to hate on the game or has clouded their sense of fulfilment in the game (coming after the hype means that you're actively scanning for flaws rather than enjoying the experience). This game does not need you to read this review, it is undeniably a masterpiece. The crafting together of complex subtleties in narrative alone would warrant it praise. Expand
  82. Apr 2, 2016
    I had to admit this is the best game ever created.After playing this game i stopped playing other games.Now every time i try to play any other other game i feel that this particular game cannot be better than last of us.Must play for all.
  83. Apr 13, 2016
    One of my favorite games ever, probably the best PS3 exclusive. Great story, great characters, great voice actors, great cinematics (I don't care about graphics but they are outstanding), great score; it is a great experience for everyone interested in post apocalyptic themes. Sadly the human enemies are stupid because of the bad A.I., so the best encounters are with these "zombie typeOne of my favorite games ever, probably the best PS3 exclusive. Great story, great characters, great voice actors, great cinematics (I don't care about graphics but they are outstanding), great score; it is a great experience for everyone interested in post apocalyptic themes. Sadly the human enemies are stupid because of the bad A.I., so the best encounters are with these "zombie type infected people" (those are very tense and sometimes scary).

The online multiplayer is okay but The Last of Us is one of those modern video games that would be better without it. I love this game, I completed it 5 times in 10 months without getting bored, but it isn't perfect. You should have it if you have a PS3 or a PS4. I would give this game a 9,3 or a 9,5 but this reviews system prevents me.
  84. May 10, 2016
    This is the most epic game i have played. I finish this game 22 times!!! Graphic and design is perfect. Best looks game in PS3. I love characters, Joel and Ellie and his relationships is most powerfull in video game. Writing and dialogue is perfect. I recomended this game movie fans The Road and I Am Legend.
  85. Jun 9, 2016
    The Last of Us is one of the best exclusives on Playstation 3 . Really Awesome Graphics showing real graphics Playstation 3 and amazing storyline, one of the best storyline on Playstation 3 and in this game very cool main characters - Sara, here father and his friend . This game there are on PS3 and PS4 and on PS4 graphics is bettr than on PS3 and version on PS4 I would appreciate onThe Last of Us is one of the best exclusives on Playstation 3 . Really Awesome Graphics showing real graphics Playstation 3 and amazing storyline, one of the best storyline on Playstation 3 and in this game very cool main characters - Sara, here father and his friend . This game there are on PS3 and PS4 and on PS4 graphics is bettr than on PS3 and version on PS4 I would appreciate on 10/10, but this is version for Playstation 3 . Amazing game with amazing storyline even better than Heavy Rain . Expand
  86. Jun 24, 2016
    This is my favorite game ever and the reason I got a playstation 3 in the first place. The DLC's, the Online gaming, the gameplay itself, everything about this game is perfect, I got it on pre-sale and got to see it grow since the very beginning, best game ever, I'm very thankful for it.
  87. Jul 11, 2016
    The Last of Us is probably the best gaming experience I ever had. A fungus devastates the population and takes down the government. Joel, an average man from Texas, goes through a traumatic experience as the authorities lose control. 20 years later, he finds what can be the salvation of mankind. Featuring a touching storyline, amazing gameplay and relatable characters, The Last of Us isThe Last of Us is probably the best gaming experience I ever had. A fungus devastates the population and takes down the government. Joel, an average man from Texas, goes through a traumatic experience as the authorities lose control. 20 years later, he finds what can be the salvation of mankind. Featuring a touching storyline, amazing gameplay and relatable characters, The Last of Us is one of the shining jewels of gaming. Expand
  88. Jul 19, 2016
    A masterpiece! Best game I've ever played! Amazing storytelling, graphics, music, acting, world building, gameplay, and everything else in between. A must have for any gamer, or even story lover for that matter.
  89. Jul 20, 2016
    What can you say that hasn't been said countless times before? TLOU on PS3 is one of the greatest games of all time. One that will be talked about 20 years from now. And let's not forget the game also features a highly underrated multiplayer. It's a wonderful game and is a must play for PS3 owners.
  90. Jul 25, 2016
    Oh my God do I LOVE This game.
    The graphics are AMAZING!
    And the story is quite interesting.
    The Gameplay is so awesome!
    You can play stealthy or guns blazing. I love when games give player choice.
  91. Aug 13, 2016
    I can just say...the last of us is a masterpiece...which you will never ever forget about it...the story will make you laugh..cry...sad..hopefull and you will never forget a single character in this game...it's a real art..best directing...best voice acting...and the music is another masterpice..just love it..Two big thumbs up..I will never forget this game till the rest of my life
  92. Aug 16, 2016
    The Last of Us is an action-adventure survival horror video game developed by Naughty Dog and published by Sony Computer Entertainment.

The Last of Us is the Best Game I've Ever Played.

+ Awesome Story
    + Joel and Ellie
  93. Jun 18, 2013
    A must have if you own a PS3. 9.5/10
    A must have if you own a PS3. 9.5/10
    One of the best games I have ever played but for a game to be given a 10/10, it must be completely flawless. When the AI (Tess, Ellie etc) are sprinting around when you're trying to be sneaky, running into clickers and runners it kind of takes away from the immersion, this is the only thing I dislike about this game. If Metacritic allowed 0.5 ratings I would have given it a 9.5 because this otherwise major flaw is tiny in comparison to the beautiful world you are thrown in to as you watch the relationship between Ellie and Joel develop. Absolutely beautiful game.
  94. Jun 25, 2013
    SPOILER FREE If you don't own a PS3 i would buy one just for this game alone its the best game this generation has to offer. The graphics a superb beyond anything i have seen so far on PS3 the story is gripping and intense it really draws you in from start to finish, the characters are believable and the voice acting is amazing a lot of hard work has gone into this game and you can tell.SPOILER FREE If you don't own a PS3 i would buy one just for this game alone its the best game this generation has to offer. The graphics a superb beyond anything i have seen so far on PS3 the story is gripping and intense it really draws you in from start to finish, the characters are believable and the voice acting is amazing a lot of hard work has gone into this game and you can tell. The only thing i can find pick fault at is the girl Ellie that accompany's you through the whole game can block the way for you if your wanting to go through a door or up stairs est. Also the multi-player isn't bad but the single player is big and long enough so the multi-player doesn't really matter. All in all The Last Of Us is a great game i just hope its not The Last we hear of them. Expand
  95. ERB
    Jul 28, 2013
    The Last Of Us is a good game and an interesting story.
  96. Jun 17, 2013
    Naughty Dog hit this one out of the park. Absolutely stunning. I have rarely experienced a video game that was so....satisfying. With an emotional, 20 minute introduction this game stole my heart and refused to let go. I laughed, I cried, I got angry, I got scared, I panicked, I loved and I hated. It was a of emotions that went out with a bang; the effects of the ending linger in meNaughty Dog hit this one out of the park. Absolutely stunning. I have rarely experienced a video game that was so....satisfying. With an emotional, 20 minute introduction this game stole my heart and refused to let go. I laughed, I cried, I got angry, I got scared, I panicked, I loved and I hated. It was a of emotions that went out with a bang; the effects of the ending linger in me still.

Right from the beginning it is apparent how much work went into this masterpiece. Every area, every object and every character is rendered in exquisite detail. Small things like a reflection in a glossy portrait to a bandage you freshly placed on a wounded body all add up to an experience that feels ultimately...real. You feel the desperation of this broken world .

To complement this you are given, in true Naughty Dog fashion, an amazing cast of characters. Every character is unique with his or her own circumstances. You come to like character and hate them almost immediately. Joel and Ellie in particular portray a natural chemistry that you rarely see even in cinema. Ashley Johnson's performance of Ellie sinks it home, showing you just how amazing mo-cap can be.

Almost overshadowing these strong points is a breathtaking score by Gustavo Santaolalla. Naughty Dog could not have picked a better composer. Gustavo's acoustic guitar chills you to the bone and each track is ultimate crafted to deliver each scene perfectly. The sound effects as well help blur the lines between reality and fantasy. The clicking sounds of a Clicker serves as an awesome example of small sound effects causing real emotion. You will panic. A lot.

Overall it is just really difficult to put words into what this game makes you feel. If you have a PS3 and have not played this game, you are doing yourself a disservice. Even if it doesn't affect you the same way it has me there is no denying the experience being worthwhile. Do it.
  97. Jun 15, 2013
    Unbeliveable beginning Then they shock me again. Only played for about 3 hours and I'm already impressed. Very brutal, and I love it, Bet you see this on the news that its why the whole world is killing. But we know better. Just buy the game you won't regret it.
  98. Jun 19, 2013
    this game has a excellent scene and very good sound and gameplay and the best graphic i have ever seen. i think Naughty Dog makes the best games in all over the over
  99. Jun 16, 2013
    Perfect. Gameplay, multiplayer, graphics, story all 10/10.
    Perfect. Gameplay, multiplayer, graphics, story all 10/10.
    Even though the PS3's at the end of its lifetime, the graphical capabilities still surprises me. With the PS4 'round the corner, The Last of Us will make that wait much easier... Combat's perfect, scavenge what you can and build what you need before your next battle against the mushroom-headed infected. I have never been so indulged into a world, story and lore since The Elder Scrolls (which is a major achievement for a long time TES fan). Multiplayer isn't the shine of this game, nor is it Naughty Dog's main aim; but it doesn't feel like an afterthought cannot say too much, but it uses a few mechanics from the story mode over to MP, like building items. Sound astounds me. Puts me on the edge of my seat at all times. Clickers are scary, strong and gives the game an eerie atmosphere. I won't ramble on anymore, just buy it!. Certainly game of the year for me. This is not 'Uncharted with guns' for all them critics, and does not get boring.
  100. Jun 16, 2013
    I've just created an account to give an honest review of this game, I felt the need to spread the love and praise of this game. It truly IS the masterpiece everyone is telling you it is. I picked it up day one and have since gotten through my first of many playthroughs. The story is drama perfection. It feels completely organic never hammed up or forced upon you. The subtlety is the trueI've just created an account to give an honest review of this game, I felt the need to spread the love and praise of this game. It truly IS the masterpiece everyone is telling you it is. I picked it up day one and have since gotten through my first of many playthroughs. The story is drama perfection. It feels completely organic never hammed up or forced upon you. The subtlety is the true beauty of this game the way the environments lighting and dialogue convey tension, emotion and the gravity of the situation. I was literally jumping at my Tv when I feared for the characters lives. The gameplay is simple survival. Every shot counts, stealth is king and taking no prisoners leaving no one to come after you all hammer home the direness that the world has fallen into, where every moment may be cut short by infected or a lead pipe across the face. Naughty Dog does not glamorize violence, or collecting ladders to climb. It is a love-note to realism in video games. Everywhere You go tells a story if You're observant enough to read them nothing is in vain nothing is pointless filler. Everything has purpose everything means something. Switching direction to address not anything about the game but people reviewing it.

Whatever faults others have found that i've read in other reviews critic and user are, to put it bluntly untrue. I suspect they nit-picked the game to death to rebel against the generally incredible praise. For whatever morbid satisfaction having a different opinion from anyone else would hold. A few of the things I've read are downright lies. I.e. a user reviewer attacked the A.i. saying your companions would make too much noise screwing him over. Which is funny because enemies don't even register your companions when You're sneaking. Which is a little odd because You can have ellie basically cuddling a hunter. But I cannot count this against the game because having to sneak about and account for an A.I. You have no control over would botch several areas of the game directly or indirectly... back on topic. I've read that the graphics aren't that great.(****) or the voice acting is so-so(****) or the story is mediocre(****) This game from a technical perspective is a masterpiece. the voice acting WILL make you tear up once or twice. you WILL care about these characters unless you have a heart of stone. And the story WILL grip you. The world will immerse You and the enemies will terrify you. Enemy A.i. is competent and cunning to boot. Infected have human hearts and minds deep inside of them and are horrifying to just sit unnoticed and observe them jerk and twitch about sobbing, mumbling, trying to form words............ I should end this review now, but I could easily go on forever. In closing the last of us is magnificent poignant subtle beautiful and immersive, easily the best exclusive and best game of this generation.
  101. Jun 16, 2013
    First of all, this is probably one of the best games I've played in a long time. I felt like this is one of the best post apocalyptic story out there, and overall I saw strong connections to other stories like "I am Legend" and the first season of the "Walking Dead." The biggest strength is the character development between Ellie and Joel, and there is a lack of cliches that you'll see inFirst of all, this is probably one of the best games I've played in a long time. I felt like this is one of the best post apocalyptic story out there, and overall I saw strong connections to other stories like "I am Legend" and the first season of the "Walking Dead." The biggest strength is the character development between Ellie and Joel, and there is a lack of cliches that you'll see in other games and stories. The best thing is the drama between the characters feels genuine and not petty drama like the Walking Dead has become on TV.

The other good strength is the combat as it influences survival instincts by limiting the resources you can get as ammo and knifes, therefore you usually have to resort to stealth. If you fail with your stealth, then you'll end up using most of your resources or you'll easily die. The gameplay is setup in which you have various paths to take out your enemies or try to sneak around. The only gripe I have is the enemy AI at times seems to lack logic when they are searching for you, and your companions sometimes make loud noises that don't make sense when you are sneaking around. That said, I was able to look past that as it didn't deprive the gameplay for me.

Finally the environment is the strongest aspect of the game. There is a diverse range of environments from cities to countryside to small towns, and the map design for each areas feels unique. The art direction of the environments is outstanding, and it really feels like a post apocalyptic America with little moments that bring in the immersion such as finding letters in which you learn about random people's past. Overall, I highly recommend people to try the game out as it's one of the best games for the PS3.

1. Sep 16, 2013
  2. Sep 10, 2013
  3. Official PlayStation Magazine Benelux
    Sep 4, 2013
    Despite the breakneck pace of the prologue, it takes quite a while for The Last of Us to pick up some speed again. However, once the cold harsh winter arrives, the action (and story) ramps up. So much so, it puts most Hollywood productions to shame. [July 2013, p.76]