• Publisher: SCEA
  • Release Date: Jun 14, 2013
9.1

1. Jul 6, 2013
    I'm a huge fan of post-apocalyptic games such as The Last of Us, but for some reason I just didn't pay this game any mind. After hearing about how good it was and being told by just about everyone to get it I decided to finally try it out. I'm glad I did because The Last of Us is one of the best games I've ever played. It's a perfect example of how to make a video game a perfect cinematic experience without sacrificing anything in the gameplay department. It's a survival game with a fantastic story and characters. Having to constantly scrounge around for supplies really gives you the feeling that you're doing whatever it takes to survive in this harsh world. Combat is always intense and brutal. I have to give special praise to the games satisfying melee combat because it's truly awesome. By far the best part of the story mode is the actual story. I don't want to spoil anything but I can tell you that it's an emotional tale filled with characters so human you can't help but care about them. The multiplayer is also a lot of fun and something different than the norm. You choose one of two factions and battle it out for supplies to grow your own virtual faction and keep them alive. The actual gameplay revolves around teamwork and making smart use of your limited supplies. Even in multiplayer you'll be scrounging to survive. The Last of Us is a fantastic experience that pull you in and wont let you go. Go pick it up now, if you don't you wont just be missing out on one of the best games of this year, but also one of the best games of all time. Expand
  2. Jun 16, 2013
    Last Of Us is an action oriented 3rd person shooter with some survival moments. The story is what makes this game epic! The story is deep and captivating and you'll love the main characters. Fighting to survive in a world of doom is something a lot of developers are doing nowadays. Naughty Dog found the middle road between a great story and entertaining game play. The story takes place at the beginning of the outbreak and takes you across the country meeting new NPC's and discovering new areas. Spectacular graphics and great voice acting also help tell this epic story (one of the best cinematics up to now). Notable game play elements are, the shooting mechanics and cover system are one of the best I've seen to date (smooth and responsive). Crafting ability is simple to understand and use. You can also upgrade your characters skills and weapons. For me the most disappointing thing was there just was too much combat as I was expecting less. In combat situations Naughty Dog does give you the option to either do stealth or guns a blazing if you prefer. For casual gamers I recommend to put this game on easy setting so you can enjoy the story with less frustration at certain times. At the end I was greatly satisfied with The Last OF Us and I do recommend buying this one. Expand
  3. Jun 23, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. What does it mean to be called a masterful game? If you look or play for an hour of The Last of Us, that question might just be answered, hell even the prologue is enough to make you go crying into your pillow. This is the ultimate swan song of this generation, and could easily contend with being the best of them all.
    Naughty Dog, the wonderful creators behind Uncharted, have not created a carbon copy of their best selling franchise, and while there are similarities in terms of gameplay and mechanics, it firmly stands on its own two feet as not only better than Uncharted, but something special that may never be matched again.
    The game is a fully interactive piece of art, kicking off in the current year where we bear witness to a vicious fungal outbreak that 'infects' most of the population, infect or infected being the prime word here, contrary to popular belief, this is not a regular zombie post-apocalyptic flick, for the simple reason that these are not zombies, they are infected human beings as outlined by the creators.
    We assume the role of Joel, a late thirties/early forties man who is the victim of a tragic opening in the game, where we are introduced to what exactly has happened, but its when the game fast forwards 20 years that the full extent of the title is explained, unknown as to who has survived the outbreak and under strict military regime, Joel works as a smuggler for a local band of misfits in a quarantined Boston, but when he is tasked with smuggling a young girl called Ellie across the country, he is initially quite skeptical about going out of his way for this girl that he knows nothing about .
    While they start to traverse across a broken America, their initial awkwardness around each other starts to wear off, and one of the highlights of the game is the conversations that these two have. Ellie, who was born after the outbreak, is in a strange world and often likes to hear about how it used to be her surprise at random stories of the past may just have you questioning your own life and what has been forgotten.
    Taking place across a year, we witness the various seasons and beautiful landscapes and cities that Naughty Dog has created for our two heroes, whatever diverse and rich environment you are in for a particular part of the story, be sure to explore it, simply for the fact that supplies and ammunition are low throughout the game, where choices have to be made in terms of what you can carry and and what you may need to carry.
    As a story, The Last of Us is a true benchmark not only in game storytelling, but in a literary sense it is near perfect. These creatures that attack you are never brushed off with rock music to show any valour in our characters, they realise that these are still people, but of course these infected are a force to be reckoned with, a group called Clickers may just have you being sleepless for a while, these ones have got the worst of the infection, and while they cannot see, the slightest noise you make will alert them and have them chasing you endlessly, the name of them deriving from the sound they make, one of the most dreaded sounds in the game, because not matter what age you may be, this is a frightening and emotionally draining story from start to finish, whether you have to somehow sneak or fight your way through a band of infected, or if your only source of light is a torch clipped to your chest, these are some of the best but most frightening pieces of the game.
    The creators have proved once again that an amount of care and sympathy can be felt for video game characters, Joel and Ellie are the most unlikely duo with the biggest task at hand, and each and every time one of them hit any trouble, there is despair to be felt in case any harm should come to them, we laugh and perhaps cry with them, Ellie isn't able to swim and Joel must go and find something to help her cross, its the little things that give us so much from these characters, a remarkable feat from the makers, they know how bad they have it, and now we must share their pain, with the limited ammo that we have.
    No analysis of multiplayer, I have yet to play it, but for what the game is created for, the story, this is a truly wondrous and phenomenal stroke of genius and creative mastery, an epic tale of survival, loyalty, willpower, loneliness but most of all, friendship. The game is truly breathtaking and will undoubtedly stand the test of time and should deservedly be on everyone's list as one of the best games ever created, because it will certainly not be a forgettable experience.
  4. Jun 24, 2013
    There is one really annoying flaw with this game. Whenever you are trying to stealthily hide behind objects to remain obscured from the antagonists, Ellie runs around right in front of them undected! Another flaw is that when Joel has a gun equipped and goes for his melee weapon the gun vanishes into thin air which is stupid. Ok so there is the bad. Everything other than that more than makes up for those flaws. This game has a great story. It is very engaging and paced along superbly. The characters are cool. The weapon system is easy and fun to use. There are some genuine scares. PLEASE NAUGHTY DOG....THE LAST OF US 2!!!!! Expand
  5. Jun 19, 2013
    Great story. Amazing graphics/effects add to the sensational immersion. Fantastic characters who you (at least I did) actually feel for and become invested in, particularly since there really is character development. Voice acting is superb. The opening scene, with what happens to Joel and... well, wow. That hit me hard and was totally unexpected. I may or may not have teared up, and that was within ten minutes after starting the game. Lots of great heart-pumping action and unexpected twists of varying sizes that help to really spice things up, because just when you think it's going one way it goes another.

My cons/gripes: shooting in this game could use some improvement. Gameplay is still rough around the edges too.. And the AI in terms of enemies and your allies, while often great, is sometimes erratic and unrealistic in that sometimes while sneaking around my ally would be all up in the enemy's face and neither one would do anything as if they didn't see each other even though they were right in front of one another.

All in all, no ifs, ands, or buts about it, YOU MUST PLAY THIS GAME.
  6. Jun 16, 2013
    This is truly a brilliant masterpiece of a game, it has one of the best and most powerful openings to a game I have seen, and the story does not stop with these kind of moments. The characters are the most believable characters I have seen in a game to date, and the story is top notch. And the pacing is perfected I think.

The gameplay is some of the best third person action I have
    played, the sneaking is great and better than some games that focus on stealth, but the action is just brutal and so exhilarating. There is not that many games that makes the blood pump with excitement like this game. The graphics are amazing for PS3, some of the characters looks better than anything I have seen, even games on PC which have generally better graphics, can't compare to the amazing detail on some of the characters in this game.
    I wish it was released on PC, as some higher res and AA would have made this game one of the best looking games ever, but still it looks more than good enough.

The game is long to, which is great as I spent a bit over 15 hours to finish the game, and I did not wish it to end at all, so I really hope there will be some sequels for this series.

Naughty Dog is one of the reasons why you would buy a PS3, and I truly hope that a sequel to this game comes out to the PS4. If they can make something this great for PS3, then I can't even imagine what they have in store for the PS4. This is the best game for a console yet, and that says a lot.

If you own a PS3 and never play this, you don't deserve to own a PS3 as it is the best way to end the current generation of consoles.
  7. Jun 16, 2013
    Trust me people yes the gameplay and story start off slow but if you give a chance it starts to kick in around the 3 hour mark your're in for one hell of a ride trust me
  8. Jun 16, 2013
    This is one of the generations best games, if not one of the best ever made! Naughty Dog shows us how to make a dramatic, horror/survival game with a fantastic story! I love it!
  9. Jun 15, 2013
    This is the kind of experience that solidifies games as art. You cannot argue after playing this that games are not art. This is a beautiful game, both graphically and emotionally. The game play is excellent, but that isn't even the point. The point is the world in which you are immersed in, which is what art is meant to do, to transport you to another place. It does that, more so than many books or movies that I have seen. An excellent game. Expand
  10. Jun 15, 2013
    This game is AMAZING, very good plot, breathtaking graphics for a console game, controls are perfect for a survival game. And you'd think the multiplayer's nothing special, but surprisingly it's awesome.
  11. Jun 15, 2013
    Perfect game by a perfect studio. The Last of Us is a story driven game which sees you go to hell and back. (not literally). The gameplay is smooth and gory which reflects the dark story.
  12. Jun 15, 2013
    One of the best games that I have ever played. The combat system is very realistic for an apocalypse. More than once I found myself taking the stealthy route due to a lack of bullets, which just draws me into the experience even more. Bravo, Naughty Dog, Bravo.
  13. Jun 15, 2013
    Muito bom o game, ND esta de parabéns, mais uma vez fazendo uma obra de arte para o PS3!!! Ambientação, emoção, jogabilidade, movimentação, gráficos... Tudo impecável nesta obra de arte chamada The Last of Us.
  14. Jun 16, 2013
    I just completed this game and it is fantastic, the game play it beyond immersive, and is truly dynamic, It kept me up all night and took a total of 10 hours and 30 minutes to finish. I seriously hope they're working on a sequal as I really really want naughty dog to make one. I am doing a playthrough on youtube if you want to see it type ilight8 on youtube. My playthrough is with editing and I don't constantly talk all the time, in my opinion this game is defiantly worth having, and if you don't have a ps3, by one now. Or wait for a ps4 your choice. Expand
  15. Jun 16, 2013
    The Last of us is a great game. No its an Experience a much play. He is clearly what he is supposed to be an Survival horror. To me the Game is a mixed Between the TV Series :The Walking Dead and those two movies 28 Days or Weeks Later. Even the multiplayer has its charm. Not Revolutionary but good. The Game is kind of long to start maybe a too long tutorial. Once this is out of the way. The Game Is Fun and satisfying. Beat infected with a brick or an old rusted pipe. Is Great. maybe the game does deserve 20/20 but its a great game none the less. Expand
  16. Jun 17, 2013
    A truly brilliant game minus the awful upgrade system and terrible A.I for Ellie, not game of the year it has nothing on Bioshock infinite but never the less truly stunning. It is quite a shame that this isnt multiplatform, i would love to play it on PC
  17. Jun 19, 2013
    From someone who has been a hardcore gamer for 20 years, and who is also a HUGE film buff: This is, for me, the best game I have ever played. Why? First, the story is MASTERFUL. If this was a movie, I really believe it would have blown the critics away, and would have most likely gone down as an enduring classic. Incredible atmosphere of tension (definitely reminded me of a Coen brothers film), heartbreaking emotion (and I am almost never moved by video games stories), great "cinematography", and a script that in my opinion surpasses Cormac McCarthy's novels. Naughty Dog has drawn from a wealth of influences, and has created a story that is better than them all (in my opinion).
    Second, the gameplay is TENSE and very fun. If you didn't feel tension while playing this game, then you need to switch to hard difficulty (and listening mode turned off), because normal mode is for average gamers. I started on the hardest difficulty possible, with no listening mode, and man was this game incredibly tense. (I felt more tension throughout this than No Country For Old Men...I actually had to take breaks to give my stomach a rest). While the combat is not perfect (no game is), its VERY good, and not worth nitpicking due to how it services the phenomenal story.
    Third, this is the most immersive experience I think I have ever had, in gaming or in film. While there are occasional bugs due to the ambitious nature of the game, they are quite rare, and in the course of my 20 hour playthrough, I took my time stealthily in order to conserve the limited ammo I had, and explored the world thoroughly), I actually experienced tension, fear, disgust, hatred, hope, love, joy, peace, brokenness, sorrow. There are moments in this game that I will never forget.
    Lastly, the game is deeply philosophical. What at first glance appears to be a cliched "zombie" (although the infected are nothing like zombies, and are much more believable in my opinion) story is slowly revealed to actually be a fascinating study on humanity, morality, and love. This becomes apparent after the conclusion of the game. The game is so profound and well constructed that I could analyze its meaning (through mise en scene and use of motifs) in the same way I would a movie like "Moonrise Kingdom," "The Godfather," or "Pans Labyrinth."
    To sum it up, this game in a masterpiece. I honestly believe (in my opinion) that those who didn't like the game are either: 1) shallow gamers who enjoy mindlessly repetitive "Call of Duty" games rather than meaningful stories, 2) bad gamers, who thought that the gameplay was "broken" due to their lack of skill, and 3) People who don't understand how to interpret and understand masterful works of literature and film. IMO this game's meaning went over some people's heads. If you appreciate powerful films from geniuses like Martin Scorcese, Stanley Kubrick, Guillermo del Toro, and especially the Coen Brothers, you will love the artistry of this game.
    This game dethroned the masterpiece The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time from the top spot in my favorite games of all time. IT'S THAT GOOD. Gameplay wise, I think Zelda is a bit better, but the story of The Last of Us is one of my favorite stories ever (whether game, film, or book). No other game comes close. Gameplay is created to serve the story, so if you are into games only for the sake of mindless Call of Duty action rather than deep story and intelligent strategic combat, or if you are a fan of Micheal Bay style movies, don't play this game, its art will be wasted on you. To those with (in my opinion) good taste, GET THIS GAME!!!
  18. Jun 23, 2013
    A real masterpiece; the story telling is so mature and breath-taking. I am glad i have bought this piece of art because i would have miss one of the best games ever made (and in the top 3 of this generation). Sony spoils its customers so well; Sony (and Naughty dogs here) are giving the PS3 the final it deserves (there's still "Beyond two souls", an other exclusive, to be released) and make us have an early glimpse of what the PS4 will offer us; and we are glad to be on this wonderful trip. Thanks so much for all of this. Expand
  19. Jun 25, 2013
    What can I say? The game is a masterpiece in story telling and and a brilliant exhibition of gameplay.

The controls are tight and intuitive, whether shooting the infected, strangling hunters or traversing the world. The game itself is well paced, enough action and down time to keep up excitement as well as time to immerse oneself in the world, the environments of post pandemic America.

The dialogue is well scripted and acted, while avoiding Cliches masterfully.

Thoroughly enjoyed the game. 10/10.
  20. Jun 25, 2013
    Best of generation. The story is amazing and tense. Is Naughty Dog/God in your best form. The journey of Joel and Ellie is epic, after all...
    Waiting for the second!
  21. Jul 6, 2013
    This game actually gave me an orgasm. The story is freaking great, the graphics are so brilliant that you seem like in the game itself, the characters and actions are great as well. I couldn't say anything more than an awesome game like this, especially to those horror/action game fans. This is a gaming masterpiece. Brilliant. Freaking awesome.
  22. Jan 2, 2014
    The Last Of Us is a benchmark in storytelling, characters, atmosphere, and gameplay. How long has it been since we got a zombie(-esque) game with a story we really care about? Naughty Dog took a genre that had been limited to "exploding heads and that's it" and created a true masterpiece.

I'm sure you've heard enough about how fantastic the story is, but not enough can be said about it.
    It would be a tremendous mistake to buy this game and skip all the cutscenes. The pacing and storytelling are brilliantly done and oscar-worthy. The casting for the voice actors was done carefully, and each and everyone delivers an incredible and believable performance. And I mean that. From Joel and Ellie, to random bandits, to even the infected who can still scream incoherent phrases. Each and every character is done extremely well. The story itself is dark and unexpected. For the first time in a while I felt like anything could happen. Any character could die, there was no one who was going to make it out of this game alive for certain. And that's a wonderful thing.

When you're not marvelling at the brilliantly crafted story, you're immersing yourself in a true survival experience. Playing this game on easy would be another mistake. Moderating your ammo, picking and choosing whether to engage in combat or sneak past, crafting explosives and melee weapons out of parts you find on the ground or in cupboards. It all seems so real, and so fun. There are parts when the gameplay falls a bit flat. Sequences where you need to sneak carefully to avoid clickers often results in your companion obnoxiously stomping around or speaking in a normal voice. While this doesn't actually affect you in any way, it really breaks immersion and tension.

Graphically, the game comes close to challenging some games on the next gen. It's gorgeous, and has some of the best lush environments and lighting I've seen. It creates beautiful vibrant environments when it needs to, and throws you into a dark, broken, and drab world when it suits the story. It constantly reminds you what has happened to this world and never breaks the realm of reality. The character models are done extremely well too. I've never seen such accurate and realistic facial and body movements in and out of cutscenes.

A small thing that's worth mentioning as well is the soundtrack. Gustavo Santaolalla has composed a brilliant soundtrack that's simple, but so emotional. They're used perfectly in the right moments and are never overbearing. It subtly creates an incredible atmosphere and it's the only gaming soundtrack to date that I have downloaded and listened to over and over again.

When the story mode of The Last Of Us is done, the game is far from over. Naughty Dog put a lot of effort into an extremely underrated and unique multiplayer experience that doesn't at all fell like an afterthought. With an array of weapons, perks, challenges, and survivors to keep alive, the multiplayer is guaranteed to keep you entertained for a good while.

Overall, The Last Of Us is among the very few games that deserves a 10 and nothing else. Sony couldn't have ended the generation of the PS3 any better
  23. Aug 4, 2013
    Superb work of art. You rarely come across a game with such marvellous storytelling. The gameplay is really fun and challenging and the presentation of the game is the best I've seen to date.
    This game is a must-have to every gamer.
  24. Jun 17, 2013
    I would give this game a 12 if I had the chance. i never played a game that moved me like this game in 25 years of gaming. Such a mature game which hits at all spots..graphics, animations, characters, storytelling, emotional impact. Just unbelievable this is possible on a 7 year old machine.
    I can not understand how you could rate this less than a 10. Anyone rating this low simply didn't
    understand it or likes to hate/is a fan-boy. Expand
  25. Jun 17, 2013
    Ok... in the past I have given games 10. After playing this game, I realize I have to go back and take all of the 10s back and give them 7s, 8s, or 9s at best. This game isn't perfect, but it is close. I was fully engrossed in every aspect of the game. Story. Characters. Beautiful graphics. Environment. AMAZING emotion and heart! Anyone giving this game a low score is a fan boy of other systems and are just mad that they don't have a PS3. This game is worth the price of a PS3 alone, even right before the release of the PS4. I immediately started it again once I finished it. I have NEVER done that before. I am now declaring this as my favorite game of all time. Sorry RE4 and Bioshock. Expand
  26. Jun 18, 2013
    They made a mistake I think this game should have been a release day console game on the PS4. This is a next gen game. This is the best single player game I've ever played. The story is dark and for the topic as believable as it can be, just an incredible game. The writing/story is the best I've seen for a video game. The gameplay starts really slow for the first hour you'll be frustrated because you don't have it down yet, and then just puts you right in it and you're just wrapped up in the story you won't want to quit. The music is great, the character development is the best I've seen. This is no Hollywood Uncharted game like a Jason Stratham movie this is like Breaking Bad, The Killing, the Walking Dead, it's just fantastic. I haven't touched the multi-player, but that's supposed to be pretty fantastic as well. 10/10, the xbots are missing out on greatness. Expand
  27. Jun 16, 2013
    Absolutely amazing game just beat it for the first time, words cannot explain...PLAY IT AND PLAY IT NOW THEN PLAY IT 20 MORE TIMES THEN MAYBE 5 MORE TIMES JUST TO BE SAFE
  28. Jun 16, 2013
    First of all, this is probably one of the best games I've played in a long time. I felt like this is one of the best post apocalyptic story out there, and overall I saw strong connections to other stories like "I am Legend" and the first season of the "Walking Dead." The biggest strength is the character development between Ellie and Joel, and there is a lack of cliches that you'll see in other games and stories. The best thing is the drama between the characters feels genuine and not petty drama like the Walking Dead has become on TV.

The other good strength is the combat as it influences survival instincts by limiting the resources you can get as ammo and knifes, therefore you usually have to resort to stealth. If you fail with your stealth, then you'll end up using most of your resources or you'll easily die. The gameplay is setup in which you have various paths to take out your enemies or try to sneak around. The only gripe I have is the enemy AI at times seems to lack logic when they are searching for you, and your companions sometimes make loud noises that don't make sense when you are sneaking around. That said, I was able to look past that as it didn't deprive the gameplay for me.

Finally the environment is the strongest aspect of the game. There is a diverse range of environments from cities to countryside to small towns, and the map design for each areas feels unique. The art direction of the environments is outstanding, and it really feels like a post apocalyptic America with little moments that bring in the immersion such as finding letters in which you learn about random people's past. Overall, I highly recommend people to try the game out as it's one of the best games for the PS3.
  29. Jun 16, 2013
    This game has to be one of the best games I have every played since I have been a Gamer. The game is so smooth and has such a great story that it its unbelievable. I'm an Xbox boy but this game is defiantly on my top 5 favorite games of all time. Enough cant be said about this game this game=Awesome
  30. Jun 16, 2013
    This might be my favorite game of this generation. Huge Uncharted fan but this bests it. Better combat and better platforming on top of a fun upgrade system. Not an open world game but much more open than the very linear Uncharted. Fun exploring looking for collectables. Great length of game that will keep you busy for a while. Multiplayer is kinda of slow and chunky but can be fun for a short burst but it isn't the draw of the game. Must buy!!! Expand
  31. Jun 27, 2013
    This game is flat out amazing. People are saying its over rated but the truth is this game deserves all of the perfect tens that it has received. The story is fantastic, and the characters are very loveable. Ellie is a very funny but serious character and its cool to see Joel and Ellies relationship go from not giving two about each other to accepting each other as family. The gameplay is great to. You have a choice, either go in guns blazing( only if you have enough ammo, trust me) Or you can go in stealth. The only real gripe I have with the game is some of the encounters seem a little unfair, some times your up against a staggering amount of infected which u have no choice but to take out. Its a lot of fun figuring out ways to unsmart the infected and human survivors. Theres also a very usual and easy to use crafting system which allows u to craft health packs and weapon upgrades. This game is very good plus theres multiplayer for people who want more after the credits roll. This game is worth every penny and is one of the best if not the best ps3 exclusive out right now Expand
  32. Jun 16, 2013
    I've recently played Capcom's Remember Me, a game of which attempted to be an interactive movie, and almost succeeded, only failing slightly in the fact that although the sum of the parts was greater than the whole, the varied types and quality of gameplay and strict linearity of the game sometimes detracted from the whole experience, and left me wanting more. With this in mind, I picked up Naughty Dog's latest game, and a move away from the worldwide globetrotting of Uncharted, but still it is kind of put forward as almost an interactive movie. And its Uncharted that leaps to mind immediately once the breathtaking intro has gone, but give it a little time and you will realise that this is a very different beast that you are playing, and for that matter, one heck of a ride too!! First-up I have to comment on the presentation of the game its really hard for me to say this, but if you pay close enough attention to the graphics and sound, you will quickly realise that this is far, far above anything that Uncharted dazzled with. The graphics are outright beautiful, mixing the dour, deconstructed enviroments with a lighting engine that simply shines (no pun intended), but the real star is the acting and the characters in the game simply beautiful. The cut-scenes use the in-game engine as well, which is evidence enough of how good they are. The sound is used more for background effect (other than the sublime voice-acting obviously) but it ties in a feel to the whole game of a John Carpenter movie, at times almost a western an unexpected risk, but a welcome one. I must say lastly, the sound effects are amazing I've never been so utterly petrified by a clicking sound, and how it moves closer, so this must be a first!! And now to the gameplay thankfully, Naughty Dog knew what they were doing when they cut the gameplay styles down, in order to (a)maintain a due sense of tension that at times hits the roof, and (b)allows them to apply some amazing twists to said gameplay, and (c)stick to the plot, and the central characters, without taking the player unnecessarily out of that plot, and ruin the whole experience, by relying on a cheap gag. And speaking of those characters, the whole thing gels amazingly because everything has been invested in this if anything, feels like the game that Remember Me was trying to be: a superb storyline, well-written characters and script, locations that provide a breathaking spin on an old premise (the apocalypse), and gameplay that simply doesn't tire. As many critics have written, is The Last of Us the best game ever created? No, I don't think so its one of the best of this current generation certainly. But if you like me have had enough of promises from the next-generation of consoles that are soon to be coming out, and simply want to be blown-away right now you should pick this up. Expand
  33. Jun 16, 2013
    I can't think of a game that is so complete and perfect at the same time. There's literally not a single thing I can nitpick. The people who are rating this game down are the angry xbox trolls who don't have the chance to try such a masterpiece. This game is "Everything."
  34. Jun 17, 2013
    Truly one of the greatest games of all time, the last of us has the perfect blend of everything one could want of a game in this genre. Playing this game is like controlling a character in a movie. The attention to detail is phenomenal. The voice acting and direction is fantastic. Somehow Naughty Dog has surpassed their previous uncharted games, something I didnt think was possible. This game had me on the edge of my seat, yelling at unbelievable turns in the plot, scared at what might be around the corner and afraid at what might happen to the beloved protagonist we get the pleasure of controlling in this outstanding masterpiece of a video game. What a great finish to this generation of consoles. Whoever gave this game of subpar review has ZERO CONCEPT of plot and character development within a story. If you have no interest in these things, keep playing games like call of duty where you just run around mindlessly shooting things. If you want an immersive movie-like gaming experience well worth $60, go buy this game now. You will not regret it. Expand
  35. Oct 20, 2013
    I've bought this game when it was released and finished it in a couple of days.. And i just can't shake it off. Even after drowning myself in the newest Gta, tomb raider, bioshock, beyond two souls and saints row. This game is still the best game of this generation. No matter what anyone says the characters are perfect, the voice acting is perfect, the story was perfect, the gameplay was innovative and perfect. I just can't stop fanboying in the presence of this remarkable game. You actually feel like you're in the game. You feel emotionally attached to the characters, the twists and the story. After playing the last uncharted game i thought it wasn't going to be all that great but this game proved me wrong and is surely shawshank of gaming. Nothing less. I'm putting this right beside my favourite games- chrono trigger, okami, half life, final fantasy, Re4, zelda etc. It deserves to have a spot on anyone's top 5, easily. I've never felt so bad in my life for the people that haven't played this game. It's a masterpiece. Expand
  36. Jun 16, 2013
    The Last of Us is astonishingly beautiful and utterly compelling in every way. Ellie and Joel are fantastic characters, and few other games can produce such edge of the seat moments whilst maintaining the level of near silence that this does.
    Masterpiece game
  37. Jun 16, 2013
    This game is a masterpiece. I don't know how else to put it. Much like Telltale Games' hit The Walking Dead, this game focuses on a character-driven story. These characters are, in true Naughty Dog fashion, brought to life by sharp visuals, spot-on voice acting, and abundantly clever writing. From start to finish, these character interactions never feel forced or out of place. Why else would I have played it almost nonstop over the weekend? Sure, the story isn't anything new apocalyptic stories are a dime a dozen nowadays but the way in which it's told is what you come for. People seeking yet another brainless point-and-shoot FPS won't like it, but who cares about them.

In terms of gameplay, the controls are similar to Uncharted, but overall the game encourages you to play as if it's Metal Gear Solid. You can sneak around and completely avoid enemy engagements, or just go ahead and kill them either stealthily or loudly if you've been spotted. Each engagement also takes place in a surprisingly open arena; there are multiple paths that you can take to sneak up behind or flank your enemies, as well as set traps or just look for a way out. Throughout the many stages you'll find a variety of items that you can use to craft makeshift weapons, replenish your first aid kit supply, or upgrade your guns. And once you've gone through the game's story, you can start a New Game Plus, where you start with all of the upgrades and bonuses you had at the end of your recent playthrough, something I'm just now trying out.

And my impression is without having tried the multiplayer mode. You know you game is d*mn good when the single player alone will almost perpetually keep you busy.

Lastly, be sure to completely ignore most if not all of the negative user reviews. Most of what I saw compared The Last of Us to Bioshock Infinite, which is incredibly idiotic on those users' parts as these games aren't even the same genre, and most of them are likely adolescent Call of Duty fans that demand that a game hold their hand and tell them exactly what button to press for every waking moment that the game is on.
  38. Jun 17, 2013
    Having completed 1 play through, this is just another one of those outstanding games from Naughty Dog. Of course this is only my opinion and as such, they will vary throughout the gaming circles. However, one thing is crystal clear from doing any search of reviews on the game: The Last of Us is an amazing game. The graphics, sound, acting and story are everything folks have come to expect from Naughty Dog and more. The numbers don't lie, so if say, 690 people (at the time of my review) gave it a positive score and 55 gave it a negative score what does that tell you? Search for reviews on this game and you will find the same results everywhere. Win or lose, The Last of Us will be the 4th consecutive entry (following Uncharted, Uncharted 2 and Uncharted 3) from Naughty Dog to be nominated for game of the year by various mainstream gaming websites. Expand
  39. Aug 2, 2013
    The Last of Us 10/10.................................................................................................................................
  40. Jun 16, 2013
    This game is just amazing. Multiplayer is amazing, Single Player is great. I can't believe the user rate was 8.8 it should be at least 9.4 IMHO. BUY THIS GAME!!!
  41. Jun 25, 2013
    This game made me cry more than 25 times. The story is epic, the gameplay is incredibly good (probably the best one I have ever seen), the graphics are realistic just like the real life would look, and the characters are very interesting and don't give you headaches. Please, make Naughty Dog (the developer) a favor and go buy this game, or in a year or more than a month, you will be crying for not getting this game (unless you never knew about it). Expand
  42. Jun 25, 2013
    A true work of art. With superb graphics, gameplay, story and characters, this amazing game blows me away at every level. This game probably didn't deserve a full 10(thanks to the bugs), but between 10 and 9 i go with ten. If I had more choice, I would give the game a 9.9

SPOILERS________________________________________________________________________

I now want to discuss the
    ending. Sparking controversy, the ending showed Joel "stealing" Ellie away and straight up lying to her face. I personaly think that the ending was perfect. It showed the damage of Joel's expirience a lot of depth. It was a fitting ending to a superb game! Expand
  43. Jun 18, 2013
    The Last of Us is a masterfully crafted work. The story is not about the cross country journey, it is not about the world that the infection has created, its about people. Nowhere have I seen better writing in terms of believable dialogue and character interaction before. To those who have played Uncharted, and are thus doubtful about the constant 10s, rest assured it is a vastly different feeling. Where uncharted had serious dissonance between the violent and cold blooded Drake and the wacky and charming Drake, The Last of Us informs all of the play through characterization. All of the violence is brutal and harsh, and the game responds to that. It is a tale that only a game could tell, building an admittedly obvious plot into a 17 hour emotional narrative. the game has its moments of intensity, and then falls back into thorough scavenging, a slow walk through exquisitely detailed houses and towns. The flow is finely tuned to perfection, and leaves the player engrossed in the story. In total, The Last of Us is a work of art, one that anyone who enjoys a strong emotional experience should play. Expand
  44. Jun 17, 2013
    There's no words to describe how masterfully crafted this game is; starting from the graphic to the perfect cinematographic cut, the immersive sound, the beautiful story, the engaging characters, everything about The Last of Us screams quality and emotions. An absolute MASTERPIECE.
  45. Jun 17, 2013
    The Last of Us is one of the best games I have had the honor to play. With the beautiful environment and relationship between Joel and Ellie, the intense gameplay, the enjoyable combat and the depressing and emotional story of Joel and Ellie this game would have to be one of the best games of the console generation. Probably one of the best games of all time.
  46. Jun 17, 2013
    10 out of 10 what else can i say for this masterpiece! The story is amazingly well-written and the game is as it should have been.I mean that you feel the loss of a deceased person and also you live the game as you feel the same emotions with your character like the agony the sadness etc.Τhe combat system is fairly good but the stealth is not rewarding and worth doing.All in all this game is one of the best out there and i enjoyed all the 16 hours i spent playing it's storyline. Expand
  47. Jun 17, 2013
    This game is up there with the very best. Everything in this game is exceptional! The voice acting is brilliant, the environments are gorgeous and the emotion is always high and tense.

The best thing about this game though is the relationship that grows between the two main characters of Joel and Ellie. You NEED to buy this game... You won't regret it!
  48. Jun 25, 2013
    I don't know what to say about this game, first of all, if game developers are brilliant enough to personally hand over to you a emotional connection to the characters in the first 20 minutes of the game, they should be given an award. The gameplay was was extremely difficult, which added to the fun of the game, I had to try my best to learn new ways around certain areas, and do everything I could to properly get through a building, hell, just a small obstacle, like snow, can change the entire game you're playing, which is a really great mechanic. Although this made me mad, EXTREMELY mad, at some points, like that snow part, but, it was still amazing! The story was overall emotionally heartbreaking, and when I mean emotionally heartbreaking, I mean that I had such a connection with the characters, that at the end of it, I felt like I needed more of the game, not only that, but after beating the game, I went in my brothers room, watching him play Skyrim for at least 3 hours because I was extremely upset, thinking about the last hour of the game. It's also really long, and it has ton of replay value, more or less, this game is a masterpiece, theres is usually only 1 or maybe 2 game every year that I love this much, and I am happy that The Last of Us is the one I have committed to and complete, and I have never made a review this long, because there weren't many other games that I could write a review this long for. Here's a tip, if you happen to be reading this, buy this game, and if you don't, trust me and all the critics, and user reviewers, this game, is brilliant on every level. Expand
  49. Jun 17, 2013
    Amazing world building, deep characters, amazing script. Cinematic. Emotional. Suspenseful. This game will stick to your mind after you beat it, just like Bioshock Infinite. Just in a completely different fashion.
  50. Jun 18, 2013
    Truly a masterpiece Best. Great. Phenomenal. Brilliant Absolutely amazing. 1010. 100100
    Naughty dog you are best!

I'm done. Thank you very much.
  51. Jun 14, 2013
    Even though the auto saving bug ruined my first 4 hours, i cant just rate this game less than 10. (the bug was gone after restarted the game once) On the technical side this game is one of its own, compared to the limited hardware its running on. Great music and authentic sounds, the graphics are really sweet but limited because of the huge areas & sfx. The characters are really good, so is the story (this is no funny action adventure like uncharted, expect less laughs :P). Extremely nice shadows and lightning for a dx9 game. There are still small sound bugs, and sometimes clipping issues, but the more complex a game gets the more bugs sneak in.

I beat 1/3 of the game, and so far the story is damn entertaining. its an pretty rough world, but believable as well. i had many jaw dropping moments, and there will be even more following for sure. if you like uncharted, then you know naughtydog's skills. this game differs in the gameplay alot, dont think its gonna feel like uncharted.
  52. Jun 14, 2013
    The glitch/bug preventing people from saving has been fixed. Slight bug in the first patch was quickly removed. Any scores based on that should be ignore as the problem is now solved. Go enjoy this amazing game worry free.
  53. Jun 14, 2013
    Opinions are like butt holes, everyone has one and they all stink.

With that being said this game is fantastic. I haven't beaten it yet but the game is quality from every point. Visuals, combat, dialogue, crafting items, upgrading weapons, and even using a shiv to jimmy open a door during the down time scavenging the ruins of abandon cities is fun. I don't know what else to say, do some
    research watch some gameplay, interviews with the creators and then make the decision for yourself. Expand
  54. Jun 14, 2013
    One of the best, if not THE best, game of this generation. The trifecta of scenic environments, immersive storytelling, and awesome gameplay promises to pull you in to the very heart of the game; as if you were part of the characters themselves. A must MUST play!!
  55. Jun 15, 2013
    The Last of Us has been a long time coming, and the wait is finally over, the question is does this game live up to the hype and the Metacritic user reviews? The answer is yes and it seems that Sony has saved the best of it's exclusives for last.

Story:
    To not go over what has been said before in reviews before me, I will start by saying that the opening ten minutes of this game
    explain so much with so little. Naughty Dog has went to great lengths to make sure characters we play as and pull for have deep narratives that compels the player to continue forward. The setting is very much out of the book, "The Road" but with a twist. The use of infection as a fungus that creates fast zombies and as I have dubbed them with my roommate, "Bat Raptors". We ended up playing for about three hours before we knew it, which is a testament to the games pacing and narrative.

Gameplay:
    The idea of this game is basically Uncharted meets survival horror and it pulls this off extremely well. From someone who was played survival horror since it's inception, no other game since Resident Evil 4 and at for what I have played of Amnesia, has me had be panic under pressure. This is the key point of the entire game and regardless of how well you prepare for the next encounter, most first time players will barely scrap through each wave of attacks. The basic stealth mechanic is maybe the highlight to this terror was it is the most effective and painless way to get through a combat issue, but since the AI seems to hug you at all times, combat quickly turns to oh no, oh god quick find cover, where the hell did Ellie go?! Since you don't have regenerative health like in most games, you have to add that to the list of things to juggle when in combat, along with having a extremely finite amount of ammunition and supplies. Players quickly find that bricks and bottles can be thrown at enemies to distract and stun which allows for brutal hand to hand combat which becomes the weapon of choice when all other methods have been exhausted. The real time crafting system adds to this mayhem, it can be both a life saving move or a costly mistake when used mid-combat. The game also rewards players for fully exploring the environment as players will find equipment, bullets, collectable items, vitamins for upgrading Joel himself and scrap metal to upgrade the equipment Joel has. The game does have shortcomings, the AI seems to be invisible when sneaking or always getting caught and at times and I have found a few cheap deaths that are due to bugs. The overall package however is one worth replaying a least one time to max out all the equipment as the game boosts a new game plus and a survivor mode for those how have nerves of steel.

Visuals:
    The game may not be as visually up to par after looking at what is to come this holiday season or even the recent visuals of Metro: Last Light on PC. Once again however, the artwork of the landscapes and maddening attention to detail makes the world come alive. The destroyed Boston which players will first encounter, drops them from the tense and depressing opening to a near hopeless setting of 2033 America. (wink wink to Metro 2033 yet again). Nature is taking back a country that is run by the American military and opposed by the Fireflies who wish to bring back a system of government. What final graphic push that could be brought out of the aging PS3 was done to only compliment a excellent story and setting which immerses the player into the game, a extremely difficult visual feat .

Verdict:
    The Last of Us is not just a great game, it transcends that of what a game should be, it takes what other games have done and refines and uses them to create a unique experience. The best parts of this game are those when you as the player are being forced to play combat by ear and pray that your last supplies will solve the problem. Not all the parts of this game are perfect, they could have used some work, but when your story, atmosphere, combat and characters are this good, you can over look some issues.

Metacritic only allows a 9 or a 10 but honesty this game is a 9.5 or A.
  56. Jun 17, 2013
    This game was a fantastic surprise for me, and even though I haven't finished it yet (I'm nearing the end), I know I won't forget this game easily. First of all, let me say this: if you are that kind of gamer that just want non stop action, explosions, and huge set pieces, don't even think about getting this game and get one of the many brainless shooters out there. For everyone else, this game is a treat. It alternates quiet, atmospheric moments to intense fights, both against humans and infected enemies all the time, with incredibly good pacing. During the quieter sections, it's fantastic to just explore searching for supplies, the environments are beautifully detailed, the designers probably spent weeks putting every single element in place. The combat is intense, brutal and rewarding, especially against the infected, it's frantic and challenging, especially when playing on hard. The sound design is equally top notch, for example in areas with rain, the rain will sound different depending where it falls, on metal, glass, concrete etc. The sound design is truly spectacular and I highly recommend having good heaphones or a nice surround system, it's insanely immersive. The music is rare, but when it starts, it does so masterfully and the already exceptional immersiveness is increased 10x. My only complaint is that the stealth is a bit unrefined. Enemy AI is mostly great, but there is the occasional bug, which is inevitable. The reason I don't give 10/10 is that they could have optimized the AI further and created a more refined stealth experience. The story is rather simple but very well executed,gripping and character development is excellent. Voice acting is fantastic too.
    The multiplayer was the icing on the cake, I didn't even care about it, but it's solid, has a different pace compared to the various shooters out there, and focuses on stealth, and teamwork. I'm having lots of fun with it, but you really need a few "bros" to play it with, coordinating your attacks and everything, but it's still enjoyable even with random people.

Bottom line, the game is excellent, it delivers in every single area, is incredibly immersive, the plot is solid, the character development is excellent, the sound design is probably the best this gen. The very few AI screwups are rare and don't hamper the experience at all. If you can appreciate a slower paced, more intimate experience compared to the average shooter or Uncharted game, which rewards careful approaches, exploration, stealth, and item conservation, this game is excellent. If you want an explosive rollercoaster with 1000+ bullets shot per minute, look elsewhere.
  57. Jun 16, 2013
    Naughty Dog brought us the Uncharted Trilogy and now they bring us this gripping tale of survival. Naughty Dog don't just develop games, they develop stories first. Stories so gripping they leave the gamer with a lot more to enjoy than just a bunch of puzzles and adrenaline rush.

This is not just the Game of the Year in my books, this is a shift in gaming. It has brought realness into
    the gaming world at a time when every gamer was craving for something more. In truth there are few that can hold a candle to it in it's genre.

If you are looking for quality, value for your money then this is one of the best games to buy and keep for generations to come so they can see when it all changed.
  58. Jun 16, 2013
    I'll keep this brief.
    Story: 10 A tale of two people forced to care for each other on a journey that carries them through the depths of humanity and the beauty of friendship. That's all I can really say without giving it away but it's a yarn worth hearing.
    Graphics: 10 The best graphics you will find on any console anywhere but more importantly, those graphics are put to use in all the
    best ways bringing alive an overgrown wasteland with stunning lighting, rich foliage, and so-real-it's-eerie character models.
    Sound: 9.5 The music is appropriate and accentuates the quiet moments with soulful guitar and the loud moments with tense orchestral pieces. The voice-acting is second to none truly giving the script the grounding it needed. My only gripe is that sometimes sound effect will abruptly stop and start during parts of the game.
    Gameplay: 9.5 Desperation is the name of the game and you never forget it. Conserve your ammunition if you can by stealthily avoiding the games varied foes so that when it hits the fan, you can hit back. The aiming is spotty but that just ratchets up the intensity when you've got a mob after you. Would've liked a better way of knowing whether you were going to be spotted though. Sometimes you feel you've done everything right only to have some guy notice you from 300 yards away.
    Value: 10 You've got an amazing 15 hour quest you'll want to experience a second time in NG+ in addition to a surprisingly well put together multiplayer. I've only played a couple of matches but every time it was truly exciting.
    Overall: Incredible. If you like video games, you've got to play this. Don't listen to the reviews who are trying to be "different" and go play one of the best games of this console generation.
  59. Jun 16, 2013
    Words cannot begin to describe what an amazing journey this game takes you on. Let me start with the most crucial element in games: game play. This game's combat is extremely satisfying. From brutal melee kills, to perfectly balanced gun-play, and amazing stealth sequences, this game delivers on all fronts. My favorite part in this game was the story. It was truly a monumental tale of trying to find something to fight for in a world that's lost everything. The heart wrenching prologue even threatened to bring a tear to my eye. The entire reason that I own a PlayStation 3 is the trailer shown for this game at the 2012 VGA's. The lack of ammo and the scavenging for any little thing to help you, along with the fact that the infected aren't your biggest threat, gave me the most authentic "zombie apocalypse" experience of any game that came before it. If possible, this game would've been rated 100/10. Expand
  60. Jun 16, 2013
    This game is just so good. The storytelling, graphics and the attention to detail just blew me away. Even the multiplayer is refreshing and fun. Naughty has done it again with the last of us and i recommend it to every one with a PS3
  61. Jun 16, 2013
    Fantastic game, really is able to grasp you and pull you in emotionally from the very beginning. The combat is fun and really makes you think, use your resources wisely and strategize your attacks. This makes for edge of your seat addictive gameplay. Dont even think about popping off shots and running around. You will get shot and getting shot causes your character to stagger backwards making you very vulnerable.

The multiplayer is also addictive. Brings a sense of hunt or be hunted. You die easily so you must be careful as there are not unlimited respawns. There are a variety of play styles available and customization is nice. And team work is very important and so far I have had very cooperative smart players on my team.

Go get this game now, easily one of the best games of this generation woth graphics ushering in the next gen almost to well.
  62. Jun 17, 2013
    This game is drop dead gorgeous, has incredibly engaging story and some of the most believable characters I've ever encountered in a game. The soundtrack is superb, melancholic and beautiful, the voice acting puts other games to shame. The gameplay awesome. It lets you chose different strategies and playstyles (just sneak past enemies, sneak in and assassinate or all out firefights). The crafting system is well thought out and adds to the atmosphere and the rest of the gameplay instead of being an aside.

It just doesn't get better than this. Naughty Dog. Thank you for creating this wonderful experience. You're what other developers should aspire to be.
  63. Jun 16, 2013
    Now, I don't usually play single-player games, but I had heard many great things about this one. It has to be by far the best campaign I have played of any game. Not only was it character driven, but simply showed you what the current generation of consoles, especially the PS3, can still do. I'm a PC gamer myself, so I had a lot of expectations for this. Yes, the graphics aren't comparable to what they would look like on a gaming PC, however for how old the PS3 actually is, you really have to be ignorant to deny that the graphics didn't look stunning in the game. Everything from things on the table such as CD racks, bean bags, and other common household items were given so much detail, even though it wasn't needed. It really adds that extra "oomph" to the game. Now to talk about the game-play itself, speechless. I am usually one to criticize games very quickly about how fake something is, or how how something doesn't look fun, or whatever it may be. However I did not feel that way about this game at all. Most people who gave this game a low score either weren't interested in the story at all, or just simply wanted to beat another game so they can say that they finished it. Though, you have to play the game on hard difficulty to get the full experience, because anything less doesn't do the game justice. To end it, Joel and Ellie feel like real characters, characters that you know and can easily connect to. They bring you into their lives almost as if you're right next to them the whole time. It's truly a masterpiece, and it will go down in history as one of the greatest feats of the gaming industry. None of this would have been possible if it weren't for Naughty Dog, props to your whole team for making one of the best games I have ever played! Expand
  64. Jun 17, 2013
    This is definitely GOTY. Besides the stunning motion capture acting, graphics, and solid gameplay, this game delivers an intense, emotional, and engaging experience. The best part about this game is its story. This is not farcry3 or bioshock infinite where you are killing the same, predictable, AI every time while scavenging for extra ammo, or collectibles. This is a game where every decision you make has an immediate consequence. You cannot survive if you don't pay attention to your surroundings, your ammo, and your craft-able items. This sense of urgency and fear at being overwhelmed only adds to the superb and engaging story. There was never a moment while playing (story and multiplayer) that i wasn't on the edge of my seat, chewing my nails and wondering what was going to happen next. This experience was essentially like reading a really fantastic book, but you were not only seeing it, but partaking in it. Sure the plot was somewhat predictable, that didn't retract from my experience or enjoyment because it was predictable because of the game's context (zombie apocalypse) not because of any lack of originality. When playing this game (Story or Multiplayer) you are always on your toes, you are always conscious of what you are doing, and what is happening around you. This isn't COD where you can run in guns blazing and live to tell the tale. This is the Last remnants of society. There is not unlimited ammo. Your survival depends on how effective you can manage your limited resources and skills. You cant let any second of your time go to waste. This game is the most engaging game i have played in ages, and i would recommenced it to any gamer (of age, this is a brutal game that had a LiveLeak survivor like me cringing) who is willing to experience some of the most innovative and engaging experiences in their gaming career. You don't have to be an avid gamer to enjoy this. As long as you aren't a 12 year old COD fan-girl, this will most likely be your favorite game of the year, and defiantly one of the most memorable out of your entire gaming experience. If you can scavenge the money, buy it ASAP Expand
  65. Jun 17, 2013
    They weren't kidding when they say that this game is a masterpiece, IT IS!First of all, i would still like to complain about some of the things that bugged me.The most obvious of all is the lack of immersion from the other AIs.Especially when you try to be stealthy.Wait,that's the only gripe i have with this game.The combats are superb,and considering your low supply,it makes you think before you do anything.The story,the graphics are top notch.The multiplayer is fun.Take a bow Naughty Dog!For anyone who has a PS3,this is a must buy game! Expand
  66. Jun 17, 2013
    This is a game that brings together many familiar ideas from the great games of my childhood and pulls them all off spectacularly well. The voice acting/motion capture is the best I've seen in a video game & the writing top notch to match. There is much to be found in the wonderful tale. P.S. Multiplayer (and I never play this part of games) is actually really fun!
  67. Jun 17, 2013
    I don't believe that these graphics are from the actual generation...

They're so beautiful and clear and FANTASTIC, near PERFECTION, Naughty Dog once again surprised me with a amazing game, with awesome protagonists and enjoyable story
  68. Jun 17, 2013
    There isn't much to say about The Last of Us besides the fact that it's a thrill ride that can keep you on the edge of your seat from beginning to end; the premise itself could be said to be a cliched had it not brought an extreme amount of emotion to me throughout the bonding moments between the protagonists; Joel and Ellie. Along with the happiness that could be offered with their conversations tears can also be provoked from the games opening that may possibly be the saddest opening to any story that I have ever seen; this being said about the games beginning the tension and suspense that is felt from the games final moments are also the strong point for The Last of Us while being just as emotional as it's opening moments if not even more. Enough about the games emotional points the key point of the gameplay is to forge to survive and craft your weapons to your best advantage; Naughty Dog succeeds on a larger level than I could have ever though possible after playing through scavenging for tools and scraps to craft several items that are required to complete your journey west, such as shivs, first-aid kits, and even molotov Along with the great crafting system something that constantly plagues games in our modern market is the poor artificial intelligence, but with The Last of Us this will only be a problem for someone who gets upset from being outmaneuvered by a computer controlled bot as this game proves to have AI that works together to find a tactical advantage over the player. In my closing remarks I have to say that The Last of Us is a MUST PLAY game that constantly had me saying out loud "I can't believe this was created by Naughty Dog" due to it's dark tone and unforgiving characters. Stop reading now and buy it full price. Expand
  69. Jun 17, 2013
    We face the possible game of the year, perhaps the best of the generation and one more part of the great games in history, along with MGS1 and Zelda Ocarina of Time.

-Great gameplay, different to see in survival games.
    -Awesome story, once you enter, you aren't free.
    -Extraordinary graphics.
    -Good technical section, but with your details.

Do not forget this game. Play it.
  70. Jun 17, 2013
    -Delete my other review i give tlou a 10/10 not 4!!!

Ok first off where to start in response to Calvincrack you have some major issues son....ADD probably the main one...to say these characters are mildly fleshed out & your not the only person but in going to pick on you anyway....mildly fleshed out are you actually smoking crack then? Did you play the game with your eyes shut & the
    volume on mute or something? This of all points is by far the most ridiculous thing I've read in these hater reviews!!! Joel & Ellie are by far two of the best developed characters of any game in history, the fact that you build a connection to both characters & develop a sense of protectiveness over Ellie is absolutely astounding for a video game & it shows how far the industry has matured unlike your brain. I mean did you really play the game with a preconceived notion that you won't like it just because it got 27 10/10s or are you also a bioshock infinite fan? I've played hundreds of games & character wise nothing compares!! If you paid attention, listened to every word spoken, interacted with every optional conversation then there's no way you could say these characters are underdeveloped it's plain stupidity on your part! I guess your just a COD kid who has no clue as to what makes a good game & good story....maybe there wasn't enough explosion for you to get excited over!! Oh and because there isn't a scripted set piece every 30secs maybe that's why you didn't enjoy it....BUT this is where you made the mistake of assuming this was uncharted2 because its not!! No where near because its not meant to be....it's a completely different tone & genre! This game is about subtle details, the ambience of a post apocalyptic world, the sheer beauty of the world that's been created is phenomenal on (7yr old hardware-and people moan about a few popups or graphical glitches here & there?!!nonsense/nitpicking fools...name 1 game with no errors...ye thought so) ...each room tells a story of the deceased, there's so many finite details in this game that it blows my mind every time I find something new!! The gameplay is also amazing, a guy said its all the same? What the? There's melee, melee with bats,wood,machetes etc multiple weapons-guns,rifles,bows etc & there's items you craft which adds like another 3-4 methods to dispatch enemies...I guess the guy that complained was just terrible at the game if all he did was punch every enemy!! The sound is pitch perfect & quite haunting from the clickers etc....another major beef I have with haters is that they think this is a survival zombie game...ND never said that they never titled it a zombie game? The infected are infected they don't die & come back to life they are infected & the cordyceps take control of the brain-people say this isn't an original idea but compared to every zombie game ever released which has a generic zombie I would say its definitely unique!! I think it's fantastic! I don't think I'll ever play a game that gripped me or made me have an emotional connection to the characters like this ever again in my life! Unless naughty dog pull it off again! But I doubt this can be topped!! I would strongly recommend this game to anyone who has a decent IQ, doesn't play COD....& doesn't rely on explosions & bullet time effects to think a game is cool, who want an amazing story driven game, to see two characters be developed masterfully & to see the end outcome & just experience a post apocalyptic America looking gorgeously crafted on the PS3!! Expand
  71. Jun 17, 2013
    The best game I've ever played, a true masterpiece from start to finish. This took Uncharted's 2 spot as my favorite game of all time, Naughty Dog continues to wow me with each game they craft, while playing The Last Of Us I felt as if it were just me and the game, nothing else mattered, it was the most immersive game I've ever played. I simply didn't want the game to end, the story, I've never felt this way about a game before. Expand
  72. Jun 18, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. 95 is not enough for this game he had to hit 97-98 is perfect for goty 2013 without a doubt!!!!
    not only as goty game of the generation!!! the critics who are giving low grades of envy dies unfortunately I have ps3 xbox 360 pc and a super over this game has made the dust of my ps3 go away and saw the best game of the generation gta watch dogs beyond any game must overcome if it occurs can be sure it is mafia!
  73. Jun 18, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The Last of Us is one of the best games I've ever played. Imagine Uncharted 2/3, which looks better, sounds better, is more endearing characters and a plot more emotional.
    Imagine that with the combat that encourages not only several playthroughs to try a different strategy, but charging stations to get your first right strategy. But it really does not do justice. Normally I would write a long review, but this is a title that needs no introduction. It's amazing, one of the best gaming experience out there. Nothing more need be said (for fear of spoiling it) not just buy it!!.
  74. Jun 18, 2013
    Don't believe the people that are giving this game anything below a 7. This game is near perfect and probably one of the best of this generation. The gameplay is sharp and fresh, both online and on single player. I haven't found myself this addicted to a multiplayer game in a long time. The survival aspect stays true for the online modes and it makes the matches more intense then anything i have played. The single player is equally as astounding with perfect voice actors and a brilliant story. While a little short, they get everything across they needed to. I'm currently playing through the single player on survival mode, and let me tell you. Its hard. But with the way this game is, the hardest difficulty actually makes the game more interesting and more intense, it almost seems like that difficulty is where the game really shines. With no listening mode you are forced to be even more stealthy and more clever with your actions, and each and every scenario takes careful planning. The people that are giving this game zeroes have absolutely no merit, because no matter how you look at this game it is absolutely not anything less then a 7 or 8. Expand
  75. Jun 18, 2013
    In a market that is filled with bland, repetitive and copy paste type games, it's nice to own a game that dares to be different. While some things might seem obvious, a lot of stuff is not. Most people will miss a lot of the fine details that are present within the game. Such as the many hidden Easter eggs and lore.
    Even characters will have their own surprises. Naughty dog does Survival
    horror justice, it depicts it's idea on how a post Apocalyptic world would look like, and does a good job doing so.

From start to finish you get to learn about the world, you get to know the characters and watch them grow as individuals. To me It was way more than a mere cinematic experience with gameplay elements. I felt a connection with the characters, I put myself in their shoes and asked myself what I would have done in certain situations. This is the first game since Bioshock 1 ("Would you kindly" message) that has tested my morals, my basic instincts/impulses and made me question my own logic behind the decisions I've made. Towards the end of this game I felt so connected to the characters that I would literally put myself in harms way just to protect Ellie, even though I knew she was just an A.I I felt as if I needed to be there for her.

One of the fun parts of this game is the way you struggle to get supplies, it's one of those games that "kinda forces" you to scavenge for resources or find those little treasures (not really necessary, but it does make your life easier). But it's not something that you will hate, it's not some tedious task. It's something that (at least in my experience) you will want to do, I spent hours on end, just looking around for pendants, comic books, health packs, crafting resources, tool kits, supplements and much more. I sat down reading notes, trying to learn as much as I could, always looking for clues as to what happened here, what happened to this family/person, trying to solve riddles such as why the world is the way it is, and I loved every second of it.

I spent 16 hours on this game on my first run through, most people will also finish the game at around this time. For anyone rushing the game it may last 8-10 hours on normal difficulty, but in doing so you miss so much of the game. I recommend you take your time, search every little inch of the world and have fun doing so.

The Last of Us may not be for everyone, but it's a game that gave me an awesome experience that I will not soon forget. I hope that you at least give the game a try, it might just be the best game you've played in a long time.
  76. Jun 18, 2013
    Right out of the starting gate the game looks amazing, surprising that gaphics can still impress me this late in the console cycle. The game starts in a calm way and gets the player connected to the characters so you care for them throughout the entire game. Within the first 10 of gameplay it starts to set up the mood giving you fear of the unknown followed by the death, destruction, the infected, and lastly the people. The game has a great supporting cast that you get to know while you travel with fighting opponents developing a trust and friendship, letting the player adapt the feeling the characters give. One part i particularly like is through all the fear and terror the girl Joel travels with, Eli, sometime makes drumming or guitar noises suddenly illuminating the mood giving a light to the ugly yet beautiful world. Gameplay always keep you trying to come up with different ways of passing an obstacle, gradually giving the player more weapons to play with. A breathtaking and emotional journey and an absolute must play. Expand
  77. Jun 26, 2013
    There was no limit to my amazement throughout the game, the character development was astonishing, Joel evolving from the heartless smuggler to the compassionate yet still strong father figure in Ellie’s live. Now Ellie, there is hardly any words to describe how she transformed throughout the game!!! She starts as the naive 14 year old with no real knowledge of the world before the infected, while traversing the world beyond the QZ, she learns, experiences miracles and grows; closer to the end of her journey we she how she has changed to the strong and steadfast character we have grown to love!
    The story has amazing twists and turn, graphics are phenomenal and the enemies can instill fear into the greatest of men. The story is original and mind blowing with no real relation to prior “end of the world games” The Last of Us has found its way on its own two feet!
    I haven’t been so frightened in a game since the first time I attempted alone in the dark on playstation 1 when I was a whopping 7 years old.

Put simply it is the greatest game developed for the past century!
  78. Jun 26, 2013
    I went into this this game thinking it was kind of overhyped and overrated, however when I started playing I was almost immediately hooked. This title offers one of the greatest stories told in gaming, a cast of very well developed characters, and amazing graphics. Gameplay is pretty good too, although there have been a lot of complaints about the "clunky" shooting/ fighting mechanics, i personally think that it makes the game more realistic. I was completely interested from start to finish as the suspense in this game is constant. At some points in the game, you will die many times and it is frustrating, but it never feels unfair as it makes you think of new ways to approach the situation at hand. The only negative thing I have to say is very minor and that is that the AI can't detect Ellie during stealth moments so she'll be doing something stupid like whistling, telling jokes, or sometimes even walking into enemy while you're trying to quietly sneak by. All in all, this is an amazing game, possibly the best PS3 exclusive available, and I would highly recommend it to anyone Expand
  79. Jul 14, 2013
    The Last of Us is an amazing experience from its incredibly lush graphics to the absolutely superb character animation and dialogue. It navigates through the ever popular post apocalyptic genre with great finesse and manages to tell a story all it's own. From the game play to the cinematic moments everything in this title is tailored to give the player an idea of the dire scope of Joel and Ellie's harrowing journey through the remnants of society.

This is a great addition to any PS3 owners library and an amazing experience for any survival game enthusiast
  80. Jul 11, 2013
    Best game ever created.
    I've never attached any book/movie/video game character as I did with ellie and joel.
    A freaking masterpiece and a console seller.
  81. Aug 1, 2013
    This game had me so enthralled that I felt compelled to write a brief review. I have played many games in my life and I can honestly say this is the best. No game in my estimation has ever merged story, gameplay, environment, cinematics, and graphics so harmoniously than TLOU has done. I must say I entered this game with little to no knowledge of it beforehand except a trailer that caught my attention and really had no expectations other than it being like uncharted it had to be at least half way good.

Let me tell you, you will never encounter a more engrossing intro than what this game has in store for you. It has all the excitement and tension to prepare you for the ride to come and hits you with an emotional blow that will leave you as wounded and in search of meaning as the protagonist. The game has a remarkable realness to it that has you very much intrigued throughout the game. It's loaded with intense, frightening encounters contrasted with slow subtle moments of reflection and exploration. The fighting mechanics are well crafted as well as all the survival tactics and the way the difficulty is engineered in the game you will have to make calculated and intelligent moves to proceed in the game instead of the usual run and gun with loads of ammo scenarios. Both the human and infected opponents present their own unique challenges which you have to adjust for and this is no exaggeration, the infected will frighten you especially if you turn off the listening mode, turn that off trust me. The environment is another selling point for this game, you can spend hours just looking at all the nuances of this desolate, hopeless, and ruined world, clamoring to find remnants of humanity, it's an experience just walking through the various backdrops. To cut things short and I can write pages on this game which I won't, I want to write on it's strongest point, the story and the way it both enhances the gameplay and vice versa. Behind this magnificent game, is one of the most beautiful stories told in any form of media. The story of humanity enduring and surviving despite the most dire of circumstances, when the whole world has gone to hell, two people significantly different from one another find themselves building one of the most loving relationships you will ever witness. In a world full of violence and corruption, love is the strongest force binding us together enabling us to endure and survive and this game brilliantly explores this emotion. Like a loved one, this game certainly has some minor issues but they do not detract from the greatness that is this game as a whole so I won't comment on them. I'm afraid of giving anything away about this game and I think this game is best played without knowing too much about it but then again I have played this game 3 times now with each time giving me satisfaction. I will end with this, this game will haunt you, not in the sense of horror, but in the sense that it will never leave you, it will stay with you, it's characters will forever leave an imprint on you and once you have completed this game and seen it's powerful outro, you will have a hard time saying goodbye.Not to reek of hyperbole The last of us will go down in history as one of the best artistic works of this generation. Many games have had great heroes but Joel and Ellie seem to be the most real therefore the most captivating and though the idea of flesh eating zombies is beyond reality, this remains one of the realest games I've ever played. Cliches aside, The Last of Us is more than a game, its an experience and one you will not soon forget. Endure and survive!
  82. Aug 9, 2013
    A masterpiece. The only fault that anyone can criticism in the current generation is the occasional bug in-game and with AI, anyone can easily look past these rare petty occurrences and see a brilliant game.

You are reviewing a game that transcends the current bar of video games, a combination of Art, Design and Technology. To review a game in comparison, with clear bias or without
    evidence is an insult to the 100s of people that have put the time and effort into creating one of (if not) the best game of this generation.

Anything below a 9 clearly has some form of biased or opinionated statement.

Anything below an 8 is clearly an invalid opinion, based of emotions and favoritism. Disregard it completely.
  83. Aug 17, 2013
    The People reviewing this game really make me believe they are trolls. This game is one of thegreatest games ever made, the story is compelling, the characters are really likeable, the graphics are incredible and the twists and turns on the way keep you interested as the story unfolds. I would easily rate this game 11/10 as itis simply a complete masterclass in every aspect. Anyone that hasn't played this game yet really is missing out on a massive scale. This game will be talked about in years to come and known as the game that saved the horror genre. To finish up I really believe Naughty Dog are the best in the business for story telling along beside Rockstar, but for your average or daily gamer, I can't reccomend this game any higher, I have been gaming for over 15 years and my experience on games is varied so I do know what I am talking about, this is a must have. Expand
  84. Oct 5, 2013
    No wonder why naughty dog is called the best developer.From story to multiplayer this game is mind blowing.Story is really touching and emotional. Characters are amazing especially ellie This games world is very well detailed and never will you feel that you have been in the same place twice. Game play is diverse Stealth,Flanking or straight combat and each action has consequences crafting is really good .it feels so amazing i never even blinked throughout the game i was overwhelmed with sadness and i felt like i was there protecting ellie Graphics are amazing just what you expect however AI problems were there but not too frequently.MP is fun and amazing and has a lot of strategy involved. Really riveting MUST PLAY!!! Expand
  85. Mar 11, 2014
    All good games I play naked while either rubbing Melted cheese whizz all over my body or peanut body.... The Last of Us was ne of those games where I got to put away my torture devices that I use on myself during gaming, and bring out the penis pump... I like to stay rock hard when I play this game... clickers make me tick..... Im late n the review because I gathered 2000 rats and I played this game naked with them rats while they nawed on my flesh.... it was beautiful......Left behind... that was good too... I saw the word "behind" in the title so I figured Id stick a cucumber up my ass while I played it... Pretty good game if I do say so myself.. Expand
  86. Mar 21, 2014
    Naughty Dog has done it again! Another masterpiece that I'm thankful I played all throughout. The story is what makes this game really good, the characters are well developed along with the great voice acting, but the gameplay is great as well. A mix of Uncharted and Resident Evil I must say. The multiplayer is unique and heart pumping! But the game itself is worth buying just for the campaign mode. A must-play Expand
  87. Jun 17, 2013
    With The Last of Us Naughty Dog have delivered a masterpiece in every sense of the word. They don’t just raise the bar for video games, they set a new precedent that all narrative driven games should be measured against. I’ve already heaped huge amounts of praise onto The Last of Us, and yet I feel like I could continue to conjour up new ways of explaining just how impressive the experience is. In the end, when I tell you that The Last of Us is not only the best, most complete, game of this generation, but also one of the best games that I’ve ever had the fortune to play, I hope you’ll realise how impossibly good The Last of Us is. Expand
  88. Oct 1, 2013
    This game is a masterpiece! Its just like Half Life where everything just works and fits together perfectly. The story, graphics and gameplay work well together and I was interested right the way through the game. I'll definitely play it through again on a harder difficulty setting in the future. This game is worth getting a PS3 for!
  89. Jun 17, 2013
    Just writing to say that I don't understand why Metacritic insists on including reviews from Quarter to Three. There's different opinions... and then there's issuing a low score just to garner page views. Tom Chick definitely falls into the latter.
  90. Sep 5, 2013
    This is a truly brilliant game. Most of the brilliance comes from the story and the way in which it is told. More brilliance comes from the way you engage with the story through gameplay, and the compelling emotion which the game is able to make you feel the entire way through. You really get to feel what the characters are feeling and you can empathise with their situations.

An often
    overlooked part of a game is its audio. The Last of Us does a superb job with a fitting score. The audio is also very important gameplay wise as the infected will react to the sounds you are producing, and for the player it is very important to be able to hear when they are coming towards you from around a corner. The quality of the audio is excellent, accompanied with excellent voice actors who really mean what they are saying.

The graphics are also excellent for a current-generation game. The environments are beautiful and if you stop and smell the roses then you will see the amazing amount of detail which they have managed to cram into every area. It really feels like you are in a post-apocalyptic world.

The Last of Us is an experience which you won't forget.
  91. Sep 9, 2013
    It's a shame that Xbox only gamers can't play this game because it truly deserves game of the year title. The story is an emotional, most dramatic struggle to escort a young girl across the dangerous wasteland to safety. It's a game that adult gamers like me are always looking for, yet they are so few an far in between. Combat is tough with very little room for mistakes. Some might be turned off by this who would rather play games that allows them to sustain massive amount of damage, but I believe in a genre game like this, the combat fits in perfectly. Naughty Dog was already the masters of great graphics, but this game really tops everything they've done so far from the graphics, texture and lighting, it's all marvelous. I don't do multiplayer, so I can't comment on that aspect. But basing the score on single player alone...it's an easy ten. Collapse
  92. Aug 28, 2013
    This game is as close to perfect as any game to date. The story is compelling and a tension unmatched in any other zombie games. I am normally bored by stealth games but the threat of immediate death makes you creep like you've never crept before. Light moments also release the pressure and give your pulse a chance to go down. I sold this game as soon as I completed it as I didn't want to taint the story. Loved this game, bring on a new story in a sequel. Expand
  93. Jun 25, 2013
    It is simple. This is the best video game ever made. Really nothing else to say. This game has me speechless. There is real, raw emotion pouring out of this game into your heart. What I learned from this game is that the ends do not justify the means.

If you miss this game, you've missed the culmination of 30 years worth of developing time to get to the point where a game can truly take
    you, emotionally, further than a movie.

This. is. art.
  94. Nov 21, 2013
    This is the most unique game I have played. It plays like uncharted but in a survival setting. Arguably Naughty Dogs best work yet. The story is superb, the graphics are superb, the gameplay is superb. Everything about the game has been perfectly crafted. The multiplayer is pretty addictive, and is different than other multiplayer games. Game of the Year material.
  95. Nov 5, 2013
    THE BEST GAME I HAVE EVER PLAYED. The story telling is incredible, the characters are incredible, and the graphics are incredible. It is absolutely a must play game.
  96. Aug 27, 2013
    Amazing gameplay, characters, story and graphics. It was brutally intense and nearly always challenging. Not only is the story one of the best game experiences I've ever witnessed, the Multiplayer is also very good and addicting.
  97. Oct 16, 2013
    This game doesn't need any more positive reviews to be honest. Everyone should now know how amazing it is.

It's one of those games that makes you wonder if you're ever going to experience another game like it, and then you start worrying that maybe you won't and then will gaming will lose all it's enjoyment..

You get the picture. It's amazing. Get it.
  98. Sep 3, 2013
    Best Game Ever Made!!.The Story is absolutely well written and characters voice acting is superb.The gameplay mechanics are truely next gen and the music is mind-blowing.
  99. Oct 1, 2013
    "The Last of Us" is unlike anything I’ve ever played before. I’ve always found stories in video games intriguing and some of them even get me emotional, but for the first time ever, I feel like a video game has rivaled some of Hollywood’s greatest stories. From the very beginning, this game absorbs you in emotionally, I was literally crying within the first ten minutes. As the story progresses, there are multiple moments where I noticed myself tearing up and getting a lump in my throat. These moments don’t only occur during the cinematic cut scenes, but through normal game play, especially as you near the end.

The story of “The Last of Us” is about survival as our heroes try to make it to the Fireflies, a resistance group, to find a cure for the infestation of plant-like zombies. Along the way they face the infected and other humans who, much like them, are trying to survive the harsh environment created by the infected outbreak. Through this journey, themes of survival, sacrifice, loyalty, fate, and hope are all tackled and handled very well to where by the end, you begin to question some of the decisions made by the characters.

The game play is superb and the controls are solid. I had a weird time adjusting to the controls, but within a couple of hours, I couldn’t imagine myself playing it any other way. The game play on the other hand is quit satisfying. The melee, shooting, stealth, and cover system are all executed well. The great part about the game play is that it requires the player to think, rather than just rely on a couple of weapons or strategies. Ammo is very scarce and guns in general attract a lot of attention, so when playing you must be smart about using it. Weapons also break and you are required to make some of them yourself, however, the challenge is finding the right materials. This game is also pretty hard. The A.I. is incredibly intelligent as they react to your slightest mistakes and capitalize on it. So you’ll be in constant terror of enemies appearing out of nowhere and just ruining some of your progress.

The characters, Joel and Ellie, are fantastically written. Joel is a hardened survivor, who has a lot of baggage and is very closed off emotionally, but also has a strong protective instinct. Ellie is a foul mouthed teenager, who, much like Joel, is all alone in this world and has to learn to grow and become more independent. There are so many little quirks to these characters that make them seem so very real and relateable. For instance, when nothing is happening and Joel is just scavenging around, Ellie will start whistling or humming. These little things make us fall in love with these characters. Their interactions are charming as they have a father daughter relationship and it great watching it develop. All the supporting characters are fantastic as well and one thing to really appreciate is that there are no blatant black and white character. Not even our heroes can be justified as “do-gooders” as everyone has a reason for what they are doing. The voice work is some of the best I’ve ever heard. The voice actors really put a lot of effort into making these characters radiate off the screen.

Visually this game is amazing. The character designs and movement are pleasing to the eyes. The bleak and apocalyptic world that has been crafted is something to marvel at as there are a lot of little things to look out for. The architecture and environments all have a story to tell of what might have happened. It’s a world that we don’t want to live in as there is nothing that remotely resembles an ideal living location. However, when, we actually do see signs of beauty, much like how the characters react, we too get a sense of wonderment. The musical score is also beautiful. Most of the time it’s very subtle and almost not there, but when something is about to go down, it kicks in. Giving us feelings of sheer fear for our lives in the more survival orientated moments to a more emotional sensation in the intense story driven moments.

Overall, “The Last of Us” is a truly amazing game that must be experienced by everyone and has become my personal favorite of all time. It is a game that isn’t revolutionary in its concept, but groundbreaking in its execution. From strong game play, to likable and relateable characters, to an intense story and emotionally draining experience, this game defies expectations and becomes a new standard for the industry. I give it an extremely high 5/5, an experience unlike anything else and the ending will leave you speechless.

Having waited several months to write this review, I have come to the conclusion that “The Last of Us” is one of the greatest games ever made. From a storytelling perspective, it is a game that is as revolutionary to the industry as Mario was for the very first time so long ago. Naughty Dog has made a game that is going to shift the way story is going to be handled in video games. Much like how many games after “Uncharted 2: Among Theives” released became more cinematic and like a Hollywood blockbuster, “The Last of Us” is going to make developers want to create a more intimate and a more emotional experience with characters that are well developed and relatable.
  100. Aug 5, 2013
    This game is a beutiful piece of art just not for gamers but for all type off people. This could even be a movie....but its bettter. Till the little conversations with Ellie till smashing a guys head with a rock this game is amazing. When I didnt had the game I thought...humn looks boring after a while...Well I was wrong I didnt finished the game but im almost and I gotta say this game is worth 60 euros. I got it borrewed but if I knew back then and had the money I woulod have it bought Expand
  101. Sep 9, 2013

1. Sep 16, 2013
  2. Sep 10, 2013
  3. Despite the breakneck pace of the prologue, it takes quite a while for The Last of Us to pick up some speed again. However, once the cold harsh winter arrives, the action (and story) ramps up. So much so, it puts most Hollywood productions to shame. [July 2013, p.76]