The Last of Us PlayStation 3

• Release Date: Jun 14, 2013
9.1

1. GFC
    Jun 16, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Before I start this review I will just say I haven't come close to beating this game yet. I have made it to around when you meet Bill for the first time. Well anyways the story so far. It starts off as you playing as Joel's daughter. She woke up from a phone call then went off to find her dad. After an explosion her dad comes in the house. That is where you encounter your first zombie. You get a vehicle with Tommy? He wasn't in the game to much so far so sorry if I got the name wrong. After some retards getting in your way Joel"s daughter gets shot starting off the game From that moment on you know this will be a very sad story. 20 years later Joel is in a little apartment were a girl who seems to be friends with Joel shows up. I forgot her name as well so lets call her Plot Point. The two of them want to kill some guy who stole their guns. After some serious ass kicking Joel and Plot Point find out he sold the guns to the Fireflies. Then out of nowhere the leader of the fireflies shows up. She tells the they have to smuggle something to get their guns back. It turns out the thing they are smuggling is a girl named Ellie. So then Joel and Plot point take Ellie and they proceed to smuggle her. After some luck it turns put Ellie was bitten three weeks ago. When bitten it takes up to 2 days to turn. So Ellie explains to them she might be the cure. After going to the main Firefly place it turns out they just left. that is where it turns out Plot Point was bitten. She wasn't in the game very much and didn't have much character progession so I wasn't sad from her death. I feel like most other characters aren't developed enough so I wonder why even bring them in? After that the plot just kind of goes on.

As for the gameplay it is pure survival horror. There are three enemy types. Infected, Clickers and people. All these enemies feel natural because none of them are overpowered. Humans because they think logically and its easy to shoot them. Infected because they are stupid. And then there are clickers who are interesting. If I clicker gets to you, you are dead. But their downfall is they are blind and they see through sounds much like bats. When ever there is an enemy I feel a rush, Also this game is very stealth based. Since it stays true to survival horror ammo is rare. There are many ways to kill your enemies and I like that.

Some finishing thoughts:

This game looks FANTASTIC! I have never seen a game more beautiful. Also the voice acting is great. It brings the characters to life.

I was going to give this game and 8 from silly things in the story and from under developed characters but Joel and Ellie easily gives this game a 9/10

-GFC
  2. Jun 23, 2013
    The only thing I can really say about The Last of Us is that its something, as a gamer, your gonna want to experience. It has no Uncharted esc moments of epic superhero fun. In fact in this game you can't really say that you are playing as "heroes" and the people you are brutally killing, aren't always bad guys. Its the sort of game that sends chills up your back and keeps you up at nightThe only thing I can really say about The Last of Us is that its something, as a gamer, your gonna want to experience. It has no Uncharted esc moments of epic superhero fun. In fact in this game you can't really say that you are playing as "heroes" and the people you are brutally killing, aren't always bad guys. Its the sort of game that sends chills up your back and keeps you up at night after you finish it. I can't recommend this enough to lovers of good games or good stories. Not only is this a definitive system seller for the Playstation is cements Naughty Dog as a system seller themselves. After seeing this sort of game I don't need to have an announcement or knowledge of what NG will bring to the PS4. Just knowing that they're gonna keep making games is enough to make me fork out my cash and put my faith in Playstation. Expand
  3. Jun 16, 2013
    There isn't a game that can be called "perfect", however there are games where the pros are so many and are so perfectly executed that there is no way a couple of flaws in the game are going to affect your entire experience while playing it.
    The Last of Us is one of those games where even if the game has his fare share of flaws they never seemed to affect the entire experience.
    The good
    The good things about the game are well... pretty much everything that you would consider to make an amazing modern game, everything is in there, the voice acting is incredible, the graphics and visuals are stunning.
    Meanwhile i was playing i couldn't avoid to just stop for a minute to look at every inch of detail that is being put on to the graphics, is just stunningly beautiful to just see how much effort was put into this specific department.
    Aside from that, the gameplay is just excellent.
    To me playing the last of us was an amazing experience, that not that many games out there makes me have for so long as the last of us has had me experiencing, the crafting system is clean, fast, easy, and rewarding, whenever i felt like i was in a foxhole because a hunter was coming straight at me, i just went and checked what i could craft that might kill him or at least distract him long enough for me to make my next move, and the end result was just him going up into flames caused by the just crafted molotov that i threw to him.
    The story is the huge thing about "The Last of Us" is just one of those stories that keep getting much more complex and at the same time much more interesting while you keep playing it through, without getting to a point where it becomes tedious or annoyingly complex like some other amazing games might happen to have.
    Every character is just extremely likable, even the ones that want you to feel mildly disgusted by them they just seem to have such an appreciation that comes from the player just on how well done they are for you to feel that way about them.
    This being made by the excellent voice acting the top notch animations both in cutscenes and in gameplay and of course the stunning visuals that are the most noticeable aspect of the game by many.
    So the story is excellent, the graphics are gorgeous, and the gameplay is fun and entertaining, well, how about the audio, the voice acting and the animations?
    Im pleased to say that each and every single one of those departments delivers such an awesome and dedicated job just as the others.
    The voice acting is amazing one of the best i've ever heard in any video game, is just flawless in most of the different situations that you hear it.
    You can tell when they're scared and shocked by something, even if in some cases it my recycle, like when you bash someones skull with a pipe and then you take cover, Ellie would say "holy s**t Joel!" and then you just go and shoot someone in the head and she would say the line again. But it's never something that breaks you out of the experience although is something obviously noticeable.
    The animations are are the most incredible animations that i've ever seen in a game in my life, and i've played pretty much 90% of games that have come out since the snes, is just flawless when i saw Joel's mouth cringe and his general facial expression showing a sign of struggle coming from a hunter trying to slit his throat with a glass shard, it just adds so much to the experience seeing the animations of this game perform flawlessly in combat or in different small chats that Joel and Ellie might have from time to time.

In conclusion i think "The Last of Us" is the best game for the ps3 and one of the best games that i've ever played is just impressive how Naughty Dog just used every single tool from modern technology and managed to deliver an incredible experience that is gruesome, heartbreaking, and extremely violent in every single way possible, and at the same time just leave you with your stomach tight, your head still and your jaw dropped from playing such a masterpiece.
  4. Jun 15, 2013
    Okay, currently this game is rivalling Uncharted 2 and MGS4 for the best game of this gen.

This game is not afraid to KICK YOU IN THE BALLS, over and over and over again. You'll know what I mean once you play it. The paralyzing opening sequence is one of the best of all time. This game is also the first game ever to be genuinely SCARY. It's the only time in any game (or movie because

This game is also the first game ever to be genuinely SCARY. It's the only time in any game (or movie because horror movies suck these days and are predictable) that I've actually felt fear. The dark areas with clickers will make your heart pound constantly.

And the jaw-dropping artistic visuals, expert voice acting, and insanely detailed animations are the best on consoles ever.

The multiplayer, too, gives the same experience as the story, due to its brilliant design. It feels extremely tense, and sometimes scary too, with so many video-worthy moments per match. Think of a survival-themed SOCOM. Yeah it's almost that tactical.

If you're reading this review, it means you're not playing the game. So get back to playing it!

IN NAUGHTY GOD WE TRUST

Also, who are these poor jealous pathetic xbox teenagers coming here to rage and give this game a zero for a save bug that could be fixed by restarting the system and no progress was lost. (and the bug itself was fixed within hours of the game's release)
  5. Jun 19, 2013
    i had just finished this game and i have say this... this game is epic mind blowing character design is awesome chemistry between Joel and Ellie cool cinematic cut screen epic way capture the emotion action all of plants type zombie where really cool the gun fight between other survivor and bandits where not to bad my personally favorite was Ellie she love to swear a lot lol

to see

to see drama go thru this horror apocalyptic setting was intense and really capture the thrill
    i give this game 10 out of 10
  6. Jun 25, 2013
    A beautiful and emotional piece of art. A magical world that is completed by amazing characters. All items are brought to perfection, is one of the more important games in the history of the computer game.
  7. Jun 14, 2013
    Probably the most emotive and engaging game I have played in years. The shooting mechanics and repetitive combat are the only reasons this doesn't get a 10
  8. Jun 15, 2013
    Im giving this game a 10 out of 10, wish I could give it more. This game is a mixture of amazing voice acting, stunning visuals, great graphics,immersive AND believe world, realistic and attaching characters, and some solid and smooth stealth gameplay. Overall this game is right down my alley in terms of what I like, story driven game, post-apocalyptic world, AMAZING soundtrack. Masterpiece.
  9. Jun 15, 2013
    15 hours in this game i dont know why people talkin about graphics,graphics are insane legendary gameplay ,great conversation it is a masterpiece.
  10. Jun 16, 2013
    Very dark, brutal, and visceral game. The depiction of the last surviving humans after a apocalyptic/extinction event, has never been shown better in a video game. After completing the game, and looking back at everything that took place, I kind of understand not only the main characters but the actions taken by everyone in the game. Gameplay is fairly simplistic and perhaps a littleVery dark, brutal, and visceral game. The depiction of the last surviving humans after a apocalyptic/extinction event, has never been shown better in a video game. After completing the game, and looking back at everything that took place, I kind of understand not only the main characters but the actions taken by everyone in the game. Gameplay is fairly simplistic and perhaps a little repetitive for some, and is the only reason its not getting a 10, However the game excels with the voice performances and writing. Expand
  11. Jun 14, 2013
    This game is superb. I'm at a loss of words when trying to figure out how Naughty Dog could come up with such a masterpiece, but yet again, when have they not? This is a must own for ALL gamers.
  12. Jun 16, 2013
    Honestly one of the best games I have ever played in my life. The Last of Us is a step forward for story telling and art in the form of games. A dark, sad, story about survival despite enormous loss that should not be missed by anyone. It's games like this that make me want to shove a controller into someone's hands who thinks of video games as simply something nerdy boys do. This shouldHonestly one of the best games I have ever played in my life. The Last of Us is a step forward for story telling and art in the form of games. A dark, sad, story about survival despite enormous loss that should not be missed by anyone. It's games like this that make me want to shove a controller into someone's hands who thinks of video games as simply something nerdy boys do. This should be experienced by everyone. Expand
  13. Jun 17, 2013
    To Every low score reviewer. 98% of you have nothing to say other than, 'this game is overrated.' You (the reviewers) aren't writing a legitimate review, it's more of a bashing. Some of you seem to write your negative review and somewhere in there write how Bioshock Infinite is a better game...come on, are we really going to take you people seriously. Clearly biased. Besides BioshockTo Every low score reviewer. 98% of you have nothing to say other than, 'this game is overrated.' You (the reviewers) aren't writing a legitimate review, it's more of a bashing. Some of you seem to write your negative review and somewhere in there write how Bioshock Infinite is a better game...come on, are we really going to take you people seriously. Clearly biased. Besides Bioshock infinite has a score of 9.4/8.5 so your argument is invalid. Giving this game a 0 is unnecessary. You clearly have a sour taste in your mouth. A game of this caliber does other deserve a zero. There are FAR worse. Let's just put it this way, your all haters.

-my review in a nutshell-
    Compelling story.
    Great graphics.
    Smooth game play.
    Entertaining Multiplayer.
  14. Jun 14, 2013
    This is how a game should be. This is a masterpiece. This is art. Best adventure/horrorgame I played this year. I don't know why evert character in this game touched my heart; non is forgetable. Amazing! The graphic is just mind blow. The story is mind blow. My mind is blown away. I am fasibated in the world created in this game. Love this game. Deserve every cent. Got it on day one. GetThis is how a game should be. This is a masterpiece. This is art. Best adventure/horrorgame I played this year. I don't know why evert character in this game touched my heart; non is forgetable. Amazing! The graphic is just mind blow. The story is mind blow. My mind is blown away. I am fasibated in the world created in this game. Love this game. Deserve every cent. Got it on day one. Get it people. Irs a must have foreach and every PS3 owner and every real gamer who appreciates real games...and art. Oh man its just so cool. So awsome.it deserved a 10 Expand
  15. Jun 15, 2013
    I have to comment on other's reviews on this game. Some say the beginning is boring and takes long to start bu really if you cant enjoy a good story and prefer action junkie games that is fine, no need for your comments.The multiplayer is amazing! Never have i seen a game push players to use stealth like this game I rated this 10 because for one thing, great facial expression. NothingI have to comment on other's reviews on this game. Some say the beginning is boring and takes long to start bu really if you cant enjoy a good story and prefer action junkie games that is fine, no need for your comments.The multiplayer is amazing! Never have i seen a game push players to use stealth like this game I rated this 10 because for one thing, great facial expression. Nothing makes me feel better than putting someone in a sleeper hold and being able to turn the camera and see the perfeft expression, rather than most games where they pass out with this face And *short tiny unimportant spoiler) when the first important character dies, the FACIAL EXPRESSION URGHHH eminated real emotions :P anyways completely worth the money. Why are you still reading this you could've bought the game already and seen for yourself. ALSO if you can't appreciate a good game and prefer something like Dead Island, I pity your console. Expand
  16. Jun 14, 2013
    Yet another amazing game from the studio Naughty Dog. Phenomenal voice acting, gameplay, soundtrack, immersion, atmosphere. The multiplayer is also very interesting with its tense, strategic, gameplay mechanics. You know you are getting your money's worth and more when you purchase a Naughty Dog game.
  17. Jun 15, 2013
    Very nice game. I play something about 2 hours, but was enough to make this review.
    The graphics is the best of ps3, however make we miss the next gen or a game for hardcore pc.

The story is very nice, the ambient is very beatiful. I didnt look for multiplayer yet.
  18. Jun 15, 2013
    One of the best games this gen. I'm not overhyping it to get people to buy it. Nope. This is a genuine review. The Last of Us is a masterpiece, in ever way. From story to gameplay to graphics (which might not seem that impressive to some after the next gen reveals at E3) to voice acting, etc. The game is simply perfect. Get it as soon as possible.
  19. Jun 15, 2013
    TLOU is the best game I have ever played to date. Never mind about the negative comments which I believe came from users who never played the game. If you are a gamer get this game ASAP.
  20. Jun 15, 2013
    A masterpiece! What I look for in a game is how well I am immersed. This game is completely gripping. Its long there is no follow me markers on the characters and it seamlessly blends realism and fiction. Just Incredibly well done. Did I mention how gorgeous the graphics are?
  21. Jun 14, 2013
    Para empezar era de ver que la pagina Quarter to Three le daba puntaje bajo, porque esto no es un Zen Pinball! y para todos los que les gusten los shooter no compren The Last of Us, por que esto no lo es! Es un excelente juego realizado, por su en foque, de dos personas totalmente distintas, tratando de sobrevivir! a música de Gustavo Santaolalla es tremenda mente genial! los gráficosPara empezar era de ver que la pagina Quarter to Three le daba puntaje bajo, porque esto no es un Zen Pinball! y para todos los que les gusten los shooter no compren The Last of Us, por que esto no lo es! Es un excelente juego realizado, por su en foque, de dos personas totalmente distintas, tratando de sobrevivir! a música de Gustavo Santaolalla es tremenda mente genial! los gráficos son realmente geniales, el entorno, la atmósfera que transmite el juego es genial! al que le gusta ir con paciencia y no corriendo y matando, este es tu juego para jugarlo muchas horas! Ojo a mi me gusta jugar flippers! Expand
  22. Jun 15, 2013
    I haven't finished yet but I can assure this game is one of the best experiences I had in my gamer live. It's like when you see Rapture fo the very first time, or when you summon your first Aeon in Final Fantasy X... i have no words to express that feeling about being in front something really bigger than you. But I have to say this sensations just keeps repeating over and over almostI haven't finished yet but I can assure this game is one of the best experiences I had in my gamer live. It's like when you see Rapture fo the very first time, or when you summon your first Aeon in Final Fantasy X... i have no words to express that feeling about being in front something really bigger than you. But I have to say this sensations just keeps repeating over and over almost every time an event occur in this game... Also the characters, even the secondary ones, are absolutely memorable and you can feel they are truly alive with their fears and motivations. The atmosphere is absolutely phenomenal with all those plants growing trough the city concrete, the dak zones where you need your torch (which finally it's of unlimited use). The game punishes you so hard if you play trigger happy or if you take damage relying on the health packs that you will realize how easy are the vast majority of the games we actually play. If you are looking for an Uncharted type of game with its one-liners, grenades, assault rifles,regenerative health bars... just forget it. If you want to live a different really hardcore experience with scarce checkpoints just buy the game, select the hard difficulty and let the game drive you to the best experience in gaming i had in years. Expand
  23. Jun 14, 2013
    this is the best game i have played in awhile and its better than bioshock threes story and that was very good. the graphics and the character facial expressions are amazing. the gameplay is fun u have multiple ways to approach killing humans and infected which causes u to change the way u approch the humans and infected. somebody spoiled the ending for me and i still am enjoying everythis is the best game i have played in awhile and its better than bioshock threes story and that was very good. the graphics and the character facial expressions are amazing. the gameplay is fun u have multiple ways to approach killing humans and infected which causes u to change the way u approch the humans and infected. somebody spoiled the ending for me and i still am enjoying every min i play. this game is a must buy Expand
  24. Jun 17, 2013
    As much as the game's presentation is fantastic, I can't help but escape the feeling that for most of the game, I'm playing a film. This screams great things for the graphics, level design and voice acting, however not being in the action can make the game feel slow and, at times, there is no real urgency to press on. On top of this, the game's difficulty appears to increase dramaticallyAs much as the game's presentation is fantastic, I can't help but escape the feeling that for most of the game, I'm playing a film. This screams great things for the graphics, level design and voice acting, however not being in the action can make the game feel slow and, at times, there is no real urgency to press on. On top of this, the game's difficulty appears to increase dramatically in the first few hours of the story; after complaining about one Clicker accompanied by three or four Runners (not because I thought it was too much, Clickers just require an element of tactical play), I was shortly presented with a situation in which I was expected to fend off upwards of three Clickers. Dying in what is effectively one hit can be frustrating, although it becomes quite rewarding when you achieve what you set out to in situations dealing with the infected.
    The Last of Us is without a doubt the best looking console game to have existed, and the immersive gameplay does well to keep you interested in the story. I cannot comment on the multiplayer as I have not yet tried it, however I have heard good things about it.
  25. Aug 20, 2013
    I have played this game three times so far and I am not bored or tired of it. The story and the characters keep bringing me back for more. The game, itself, is visually beautiful; the landscapes of nature and the decay of man's civilization are captured perfectly. The Game Play is easy to master. The collectibles add depth to the characters and the story, as well as give you newI have played this game three times so far and I am not bored or tired of it. The story and the characters keep bringing me back for more. The game, itself, is visually beautiful; the landscapes of nature and the decay of man's civilization are captured perfectly. The Game Play is easy to master. The collectibles add depth to the characters and the story, as well as give you new abilities in combat. Overall this game is almost without flaws. Get this game, submerge yourself in its world, explore the world and characters that naughty dog have created for us. Amazing. Expand
  26. Jun 14, 2013
    One of the few AAA games that doesn't presume you're a moron. It takes a bit to really get an idea of what the game is all about. It slowly builds momentum, then after a few hours you kinda feel like you're on a runaway train. Gameplay is very open, you can pretty much tackle every situation as you see fit. Fighting the human Ai isn't too hard, but the Clickers are very difficult. EitherOne of the few AAA games that doesn't presume you're a moron. It takes a bit to really get an idea of what the game is all about. It slowly builds momentum, then after a few hours you kinda feel like you're on a runaway train. Gameplay is very open, you can pretty much tackle every situation as you see fit. Fighting the human Ai isn't too hard, but the Clickers are very difficult. Either way, the stealth aspect is very rewarding. It's excellent, no doubt. Easy GOTY candidate. Expand
  27. Jun 14, 2013
    Perfection this game is awesome omg, must buy, recommended to anyone 17+, only suitable for the mature crowd, but what a ride. I simply dont understand the nay sayers, but as with anything there will be haters
  28. Jun 15, 2013
    One of the best games of all the generations. Innovative. Amazing. What I dont get is how people that cant play the game is so obseesed with lowering the socre. Some people just enter to put a 0 and lower the score. Some other just enter to put a yellow mark to lower the score and they lie saying that it is OVERRATED. come on! that`s pathetic. Those are the same who give remember me FOROne of the best games of all the generations. Innovative. Amazing. What I dont get is how people that cant play the game is so obseesed with lowering the socre. Some people just enter to put a 0 and lower the score. Some other just enter to put a yellow mark to lower the score and they lie saying that it is OVERRATED. come on! that`s pathetic. Those are the same who give remember me FOR XBOX pay attention to that detail.. a 10/10 masterpiece mark. Yeah.. How realible is their criteria huh? I can do nothing but laugh at their stupidity The game is a masterpiece simply as that. The ones who are real gamer will enjoy it. The ones who started playing this generation will eventually get bored since they doo not know nothing about videogamjes. I actually readone guy saying 10 minutes in cover because of the licer.. that is not fun at all'' Here`s your answer You suck at playing real video games.. Go and play Halo or COD or another generic shooter like fast food for the moroons with bitter taste :P ...

Wann keep fighting lowering the socre? Bring it on.. I`lll raise it till heaven.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  29. Jun 18, 2013
    The last of us is simple mind blowing, the story it tells and the way it tells it, along with the fluint gameplay makes this debatable the best game within the past 5 years, even better than telltales walking dead, 2k's bioshock infinite, better than ubisofts AC II. This is something you must own, theres no words to explain how good it is, honestly ive only come to find 1 glitch throughoutThe last of us is simple mind blowing, the story it tells and the way it tells it, along with the fluint gameplay makes this debatable the best game within the past 5 years, even better than telltales walking dead, 2k's bioshock infinite, better than ubisofts AC II. This is something you must own, theres no words to explain how good it is, honestly ive only come to find 1 glitch throughout the whole game and all it was was ellie going through me and that was once. It has only the most mior glitch it has great multiplayer that doesnt lag at all, it has the greatest campaign of all time. Expand
  30. Jun 15, 2013
    After a ridiculously long download time that set me back by an entire day, I finally played the game, and I'm at 46% completion (according to my save file).

I really like it, the slow movement actually works well with the pacing and seem very realistic. the characters are great, and the environments make sense. It's has some very classic survival horror elements (dark, claustrophobic

It's has some very classic survival horror elements (dark, claustrophobic areas, enemies that respond to different things (some sight, some sound). It works very well.

As for the downsides, they're mostly minor, I wish there was a wider array of melee options, large melee weapons are either 2x4's, baseball bats, or pipes, though you can attach blades to them later for a single use instant-kill).

The small melee weapons, are either bottles, or bricks... which might be my biggest gripe... why can't I use a big rock? or hell, I can use bat, why not the baseball? Hit someone in the face with a baseball, and you can do some serious damage...

The only bug I've come across was one time during a tough fight, The enemy got hung up on a railing that was below me, but still within striking distance, it basically allowed him to punch me to death, while I was unable to hit back or break loose, but that only happened the once.'

Overall, a GREAT game
  31. Jun 16, 2013
    Last Of Us is an action oriented 3rd person shooter with some survival moments. The story is what makes this game epic! The story is deep and captivating and you'll love the main characters. Fighting to survive in a world of doom is something a lot of developers are doing nowadays. Naughty Dog found the middle road between a great story and entertaining game play. The story takes place atLast Of Us is an action oriented 3rd person shooter with some survival moments. The story is what makes this game epic! The story is deep and captivating and you'll love the main characters. Fighting to survive in a world of doom is something a lot of developers are doing nowadays. Naughty Dog found the middle road between a great story and entertaining game play. The story takes place at the beginning of the outbreak and takes you across the country meeting new NPC's and discovering new areas. Spectacular graphics and great voice acting also help tell this epic story (one of the best cinematics up to now). Notable game play elements are, the shooting mechanics and cover system are one of the best I've seen to date (smooth and responsive). Crafting ability is simple to understand and use. You can also upgrade your characters skills and weapons. For me the most disappointing thing was there just was too much combat as I was expecting less. In combat situations Naughty Dog does give you the option to either do stealth or guns a blazing if you prefer. For casual gamers I recommend to put this game on easy setting so you can enjoy the story with less frustration at certain times. At the end I was greatly satisfied with The Last OF Us and I do recommend buying this one. Expand
  32. Jun 17, 2013
    I would give this game a 12 if I had the chance. i never played a game that moved me like this game in 25 years of gaming. Such a mature game which hits at all spots..graphics, animations, characters, storytelling, emotional impact. Just unbelievable this is possible on a 7 year old machine.
    I can not understand how you could rate this less than a 10. Anyone rating this low simply didn't understand it or likes to hate/is a fan-boy.
  33. Jun 18, 2013
    They made a mistake I think this game should have been a release day console game on the PS4. This is a next gen game. This is the best single player game I've ever played. The story is dark and for the topic as believable as it can be, just an incredible game. The writing/story is the best I've seen for a video game. The gameplay starts really slow for the first hour you'll beThey made a mistake I think this game should have been a release day console game on the PS4. This is a next gen game. This is the best single player game I've ever played. The story is dark and for the topic as believable as it can be, just an incredible game. The writing/story is the best I've seen for a video game. The gameplay starts really slow for the first hour you'll be frustrated because you don't have it down yet, and then just puts you right in it and you're just wrapped up in the story you won't want to quit. The music is great, the character development is the best I've seen. This is no Hollywood Uncharted game like a Jason Stratham movie this is like Breaking Bad, The Killing, the Walking Dead, it's just fantastic. I haven't touched the multi-player, but that's supposed to be pretty fantastic as well. 10/10, the xbots are missing out on greatness. Expand
  34. Jun 16, 2013
    Trust me people yes the gameplay and story start off slow but if you give a chance it starts to kick in around the 3 hour mark your're in for one hell of a ride trust me
  35. Jun 15, 2013
    This game is AMAZING, very good plot, breathtaking graphics for a console game, controls are perfect for a survival game. And you'd think the multiplayer's nothing special, but surprisingly it's awesome.
  36. Jun 17, 2013
    A truly brilliant game minus the awful upgrade system and terrible A.I for Ellie, not game of the year it has nothing on Bioshock infinite but never the less truly stunning. It is quite a shame that this isnt multiplatform, i would love to play it on PC
  37. Jun 18, 2013
    In a market that is filled with bland, repetitive and copy paste type games, it's nice to own a game that dares to be different. While some things might seem obvious, a lot of stuff is not. Most people will miss a lot of the fine details that are present within the game. Such as the many hidden Easter eggs and lore.
    Even characters will have their own surprises. Naughty dog does Survival
    Even characters will have their own surprises. Naughty dog does Survival horror justice, it depicts it's idea on how a post Apocalyptic world would look like, and does a good job doing so.

From start to finish you get to learn about the world, you get to know the characters and watch them grow as individuals. To me It was way more than a mere cinematic experience with gameplay elements. I felt a connection with the characters, I put myself in their shoes and asked myself what I would have done in certain situations. This is the first game since Bioshock 1 ("Would you kindly" message) that has tested my morals, my basic instincts/impulses and made me question my own logic behind the decisions I've made. Towards the end of this game I felt so connected to the characters that I would literally put myself in harms way just to protect Ellie, even though I knew she was just an A.I I felt as if I needed to be there for her.

One of the fun parts of this game is the way you struggle to get supplies, it's one of those games that "kinda forces" you to scavenge for resources or find those little treasures (not really necessary, but it does make your life easier). But it's not something that you will hate, it's not some tedious task. It's something that (at least in my experience) you will want to do, I spent hours on end, just looking around for pendants, comic books, health packs, crafting resources, tool kits, supplements and much more. I sat down reading notes, trying to learn as much as I could, always looking for clues as to what happened here, what happened to this family/person, trying to solve riddles such as why the world is the way it is, and I loved every second of it.

I spent 16 hours on this game on my first run through, most people will also finish the game at around this time. For anyone rushing the game it may last 8-10 hours on normal difficulty, but in doing so you miss so much of the game. I recommend you take your time, search every little inch of the world and have fun doing so.

The Last of Us may not be for everyone, but it's a game that gave me an awesome experience that I will not soon forget. I hope that you at least give the game a try, it might just be the best game you've played in a long time.
  38. Jun 25, 2013
    What can I say? The game is a masterpiece in story telling and and a brilliant exhibition of gameplay.

The controls are tight and intuitive, whether shooting the infected, strangling hunters or traversing the world. The game itself is well paced, enough action and down time to keep up excitement as well as time to immerse oneself in the world, the environments of post pandemic America.

The dialogue is well scripted and acted, while avoiding Cliches masterfully.

Thoroughly enjoyed the game. 10/10.
  39. Jun 16, 2013
    Absolutely amazing game just beat it for the first time, words cannot explain...PLAY IT AND PLAY IT NOW THEN PLAY IT 20 MORE TIMES THEN MAYBE 5 MORE TIMES JUST TO BE SAFE
  40. Jun 14, 2013
    Even though the auto saving bug ruined my first 4 hours, i cant just rate this game less than 10. (the bug was gone after restarted the game once) On the technical side this game is one of its own, compared to the limited hardware its running on. Great music and authentic sounds, the graphics are really sweet but limited because of the huge areas & sfx. The characters are really good, soEven though the auto saving bug ruined my first 4 hours, i cant just rate this game less than 10. (the bug was gone after restarted the game once) On the technical side this game is one of its own, compared to the limited hardware its running on. Great music and authentic sounds, the graphics are really sweet but limited because of the huge areas & sfx. The characters are really good, so is the story (this is no funny action adventure like uncharted, expect less laughs :P). Extremely nice shadows and lightning for a dx9 game. There are still small sound bugs, and sometimes clipping issues, but the more complex a game gets the more bugs sneak in.

I beat 1/3 of the game, and so far the story is damn entertaining. its an pretty rough world, but believable as well. i had many jaw dropping moments, and there will be even more following for sure. if you like uncharted, then you know naughtydog's skills. this game differs in the gameplay alot, dont think its gonna feel like uncharted.
  41. Jun 14, 2013
    The glitch/bug preventing people from saving has been fixed. Slight bug in the first patch was quickly removed. Any scores based on that should be ignore as the problem is now solved. Go enjoy this amazing game worry free.
  42. Jun 14, 2013
    Opinions are like butt holes, everyone has one and they all stink.

Opinions are like butt holes, everyone has one and they all stink.

With that being said this game is fantastic. I haven't beaten it yet but the game is quality from every point. Visuals, combat, dialogue, crafting items, upgrading weapons, and even using a shiv to jimmy open a door during the down time scavenging the ruins of abandon cities is fun. I don't know what else to say, do some research watch some gameplay, interviews with the creators and then make the decision for yourself.
  43. Sep 9, 2013
    It's a shame that Xbox only gamers can't play this game because it truly deserves game of the year title. The story is an emotional, most dramatic struggle to escort a young girl across the dangerous wasteland to safety. It's a game that adult gamers like me are always looking for, yet they are so few an far in between. Combat is tough with very little room for mistakes. Some might beIt's a shame that Xbox only gamers can't play this game because it truly deserves game of the year title. The story is an emotional, most dramatic struggle to escort a young girl across the dangerous wasteland to safety. It's a game that adult gamers like me are always looking for, yet they are so few an far in between. Combat is tough with very little room for mistakes. Some might be turned off by this who would rather play games that allows them to sustain massive amount of damage, but I believe in a genre game like this, the combat fits in perfectly. Naughty Dog was already the masters of great graphics, but this game really tops everything they've done so far from the graphics, texture and lighting, it's all marvelous. I don't do multiplayer, so I can't comment on that aspect. But basing the score on single player alone...it's an easy ten. Expand
  44. Sep 17, 2013
    This is the best game i have ever played. The story and characters are simply sensational. The relationship between Joel and Ellie is simply amazing and is on another level compared to other games. The story is gripping and makes you so emotionally involved. I cried about 7 times throughout this game because it simply made me care for everyone in the game. The gameplay is absolutely solidThis is the best game i have ever played. The story and characters are simply sensational. The relationship between Joel and Ellie is simply amazing and is on another level compared to other games. The story is gripping and makes you so emotionally involved. I cried about 7 times throughout this game because it simply made me care for everyone in the game. The gameplay is absolutely solid and fits the game perfectly. This is the best game of this generation and naughty dog have set a very high standard that i think will be near impossible to match Expand
  45. Nov 5, 2013
    THE BEST GAME I HAVE EVER PLAYED. The story telling is incredible, the characters are incredible, and the graphics are incredible. It is absolutely a must play game.
  46. Oct 16, 2013
    This game doesn't need any more positive reviews to be honest. Everyone should now know how amazing it is.

It's one of those games that makes you wonder if you're ever going to experience another game like it, and then you start worrying that maybe you won't and then will gaming will lose all it's enjoyment..

You get the picture. It's amazing. Get it.
  47. Sep 3, 2013
    Best Game Ever Made!!.The Story is absolutely well written and characters voice acting is superb.The gameplay mechanics are truely next gen and the music is mind-blowing.
  48. Oct 1, 2013
    "The Last of Us" is unlike anything I’ve ever played before. I’ve always found stories in video games intriguing and some of them even get me emotional, but for the first time ever, I feel like a video game has rivaled some of Hollywood’s greatest stories. From the very beginning, this game absorbs you in emotionally, I was literally crying within the first ten minutes. As the story"The Last of Us" is unlike anything I’ve ever played before. I’ve always found stories in video games intriguing and some of them even get me emotional, but for the first time ever, I feel like a video game has rivaled some of Hollywood’s greatest stories. From the very beginning, this game absorbs you in emotionally, I was literally crying within the first ten minutes. As the story progresses, there are multiple moments where I noticed myself tearing up and getting a lump in my throat. These moments don’t only occur during the cinematic cut scenes, but through normal game play, especially as you near the end.

The story of “The Last of Us” is about survival as our heroes try to make it to the Fireflies, a resistance group, to find a cure for the infestation of plant-like zombies. Along the way they face the infected and other humans who, much like them, are trying to survive the harsh environment created by the infected outbreak. Through this journey, themes of survival, sacrifice, loyalty, fate, and hope are all tackled and handled very well to where by the end, you begin to question some of the decisions made by the characters.

The game play is superb and the controls are solid. I had a weird time adjusting to the controls, but within a couple of hours, I couldn’t imagine myself playing it any other way. The game play on the other hand is quit satisfying. The melee, shooting, stealth, and cover system are all executed well. The great part about the game play is that it requires the player to think, rather than just rely on a couple of weapons or strategies. Ammo is very scarce and guns in general attract a lot of attention, so when playing you must be smart about using it. Weapons also break and you are required to make some of them yourself, however, the challenge is finding the right materials. This game is also pretty hard. The A.I. is incredibly intelligent as they react to your slightest mistakes and capitalize on it. So you’ll be in constant terror of enemies appearing out of nowhere and just ruining some of your progress.

The characters, Joel and Ellie, are fantastically written. Joel is a hardened survivor, who has a lot of baggage and is very closed off emotionally, but also has a strong protective instinct. Ellie is a foul mouthed teenager, who, much like Joel, is all alone in this world and has to learn to grow and become more independent. There are so many little quirks to these characters that make them seem so very real and relateable. For instance, when nothing is happening and Joel is just scavenging around, Ellie will start whistling or humming. These little things make us fall in love with these characters. Their interactions are charming as they have a father daughter relationship and it great watching it develop. All the supporting characters are fantastic as well and one thing to really appreciate is that there are no blatant black and white character. Not even our heroes can be justified as “do-gooders” as everyone has a reason for what they are doing. The voice work is some of the best I’ve ever heard. The voice actors really put a lot of effort into making these characters radiate off the screen.

Visually this game is amazing. The character designs and movement are pleasing to the eyes. The bleak and apocalyptic world that has been crafted is something to marvel at as there are a lot of little things to look out for. The architecture and environments all have a story to tell of what might have happened. It’s a world that we don’t want to live in as there is nothing that remotely resembles an ideal living location. However, when, we actually do see signs of beauty, much like how the characters react, we too get a sense of wonderment. The musical score is also beautiful. Most of the time it’s very subtle and almost not there, but when something is about to go down, it kicks in. Giving us feelings of sheer fear for our lives in the more survival orientated moments to a more emotional sensation in the intense story driven moments.

Overall, “The Last of Us” is a truly amazing game that must be experienced by everyone and has become my personal favorite of all time. It is a game that isn’t revolutionary in its concept, but groundbreaking in its execution. From strong game play, to likable and relateable characters, to an intense story and emotionally draining experience, this game defies expectations and becomes a new standard for the industry. I give it an extremely high 5/5, an experience unlike anything else and the ending will leave you speechless.

Having waited several months to write this review, I have come to the conclusion that “The Last of Us” is one of the greatest games ever made. From a storytelling perspective, it is a game that is as revolutionary to the industry as Mario was for the very first time so long ago. Naughty Dog has made a game that is going to shift the way story is going to be handled in video games. Much like how many games after “Uncharted 2: Among Theives” released became more cinematic and like a Hollywood blockbuster, “The Last of Us” is going to make developers want to create a more intimate and a more emotional experience with characters that are well developed and relatable.
  49. Oct 17, 2013
    Purchased GTA v and Last of Us together in a bundle. Played GTA for first two days and loved it. then thought I would give Last of Us a quick go. Two weeks later and it's been the only game I have played, in fact it's the most amazing game I have played on the PS3 since launch. This is the first game I have ever bothered to watch the cut scenes, it's just so compelling, like watching aPurchased GTA v and Last of Us together in a bundle. Played GTA for first two days and loved it. then thought I would give Last of Us a quick go. Two weeks later and it's been the only game I have played, in fact it's the most amazing game I have played on the PS3 since launch. This is the first game I have ever bothered to watch the cut scenes, it's just so compelling, like watching a good movie you can interact with.

Ok so there are some minor niggles, combat could be better and sometimes you can spend ages trying to find a way past something only to find you have to be in an exact position before you see the little green triangle.

However, absolutely love the game, and the graphics can be breathtaking. How they did all this on a PS3 is beyond me, just makes me imagine what they will do with the PS4
  50. Jun 19, 2013
    A superb game from start to finish. Gripping throughout. I'm not sure where the story was taking me at times but I was more than happy with the result. You care about characters, Joel and Ellie in particular. Through every cutscene you feel the characters and how realistically they are portrayed. They breathe, they have scars, wrinkles, glossy eyes, physical features that are lifelike. TheA superb game from start to finish. Gripping throughout. I'm not sure where the story was taking me at times but I was more than happy with the result. You care about characters, Joel and Ellie in particular. Through every cutscene you feel the characters and how realistically they are portrayed. They breathe, they have scars, wrinkles, glossy eyes, physical features that are lifelike. The Last of Us shines in being the most realistic fictional game I have ever played. The fungi/cordyceps concept of zombifiying people is intriguing enough. There aren't enough good things to say about this game. The gameplay is stupendous, and while it takes time getting adjusted to, it feels fluent and right when you do. There's enough variety in crafting weapons and upgrading them to spice the game up when pacing gets tough. That's one of my only problem are pacing issues, but the game is so damn good and the story is so great that you trudge through the slower spots. Often times the difficulty has unreasonable spikes, but all is forgiven, when you pass a more difficult section, the payoff and reward is well worth it. The single player itself is incredible alone and worth a buy, but the multiplayer works excellently too. You have two characters that just grow so much and it's incredible to watch their journey and participate with them in a dark, realistic, beautiful disaster of a world that feels very real. Expand
  51. Jun 22, 2013
    9.5/10. This game is amazing, but like all games, it's not without it's little hiccups. But for every problem, there are an infinite amount of fantastic things about this game. Some might find the story predictable, but it's very well written, with many moments that will have you investing in these complex characters, Joel and Ellie, which provide some of the best acting I have seen in9.5/10. This game is amazing, but like all games, it's not without it's little hiccups. But for every problem, there are an infinite amount of fantastic things about this game. Some might find the story predictable, but it's very well written, with many moments that will have you investing in these complex characters, Joel and Ellie, which provide some of the best acting I have seen in video games. The combat can be trying at times but mostly fulfilling and engaging, as it's covered with lots of small details that add to the atmosphere of the game, such as scripted events to keep you on your toes, conversations that add to characters or mood, and a crafting system that will have you thinking about what to save for the next encounter. There will be some moments when the game slips up, such as your AI companions running in front of the bandits you are trying to hide from, and they don't bat an eyelid, or you are too busying scavenging for the necessary items that you miss the interesting conversations that pop up in the game, but these small things are easily forgiveable for what the game offers as a whole experience. The visuals are stunning, with some environments that will take your breath away, and detailed characters whose eyes convey what is unsaid. This game might not be for everyone, especially those who aren't interested in the stories games have to offer or are looking for something that will completely redesign their previous experiences. But for those looking for a game that has that solid and special blend of gameplay and story, this is it. It's tense, evocative and beautiful. I finished the game in about 14 hrs, and I can't wait for a second play through. Expand
  52. Jun 16, 2013
    An absolute master piece. Such an amazing gaming experience. This is a must be for any PS3 owner. This is the reason to buy a PS3 even with the new generation of consoles coming out it's that damn good.
  53. Jun 16, 2013
    I didnt have any hype actually for this game until the review's started coming out with all the tens. I quickly later understood that this game would be amazing. Now back to my review, I've never experienced a better intro, just such a brilliant intro. The voice acting is phenomenal and just feels so natural and every character had such an fantastic script, I couldn't almost wait for theI didnt have any hype actually for this game until the review's started coming out with all the tens. I quickly later understood that this game would be amazing. Now back to my review, I've never experienced a better intro, just such a brilliant intro. The voice acting is phenomenal and just feels so natural and every character had such an fantastic script, I couldn't almost wait for the next cutscene which also were beautifully made. I haven't been a super fan of Uncharted but I loved the gameplay in The Last of Us, I never had any problems with the stealth parts and the firearms worked very good with the design, the feeling and the sound. I think that it was a good thing to make the allies invincible to the targets but sometimes they could get in the way and pull you out of the game sometimes, but it wasn't any gamebreaking things or over all annoying. The customization was good but it would be nice with something yet more deep. The story was so immersive and fantastic that it will be a experience that will never leave me. I'm not gonna talk to much about the multiplayer but I will say that it's as everything else, fantastic. I expected something decent but what I got was one of the funniest mulitplayer I've played for a long time, this coming from a high end spec pc gamer. Since I'm also a pc gamer I got to talk about the graphics, they literally are MIND blowing for the PS3, I sometimes just stopped playing and just started looking at the graphics. This game could be my favorite game of ALL time and I've played games for a long time. Hats of to Naught dog for making this amazing game. This is easily going to be my game of the year but I really recommend Bioshock, up yours GTA! (I'll buy yo though!) Expand
  54. Aug 22, 2013
    Let me be the first to say this game is not without its problems (some AI glitches and a few other glitches) but what i can say is that what this game does right, it does SO RIGHT. The story is the best i've played and the game play although it doesn't recreate the survival/horror series, but it refines it and remains to this date the best game i have ever played.
  55. Sep 1, 2013
    The Last of Us is a must-play title for any PS3 owner who's not squeamish about violence and depressing subject matter. It has flaws, but they don't detract from the overall experience, and at worst, the game could use a little more interaction. If you can get it cheep, get it!
  56. Sep 2, 2013
    Im sorry but if anyone has any negative feelings about this game really do need to give their head, The Last Of Us is the best console game I have ever played.
  57. Sep 18, 2013
    An amazing game that left me thinking about it days after I beat it. The characters are fleshed out and are some of the must truly human characters I've seen. A must own for any ps3 owner.
  58. Sep 28, 2013
    Really this game is masterpiece and eventhough it is linear experience; a lot of people is complaining about that the uncharted games were more fun this game is not for fun this is a work of art and for the people who thought it was going to be an uncharted with zombies and are "dissapointed" YOU this is the combination of all what we love about zombie survival horror in a game. I neverReally this game is masterpiece and eventhough it is linear experience; a lot of people is complaining about that the uncharted games were more fun this game is not for fun this is a work of art and for the people who thought it was going to be an uncharted with zombies and are "dissapointed" YOU this is the combination of all what we love about zombie survival horror in a game. I never thought that naughty dog was going to be the game deceloper that raise the zombie apocaliptic genre in gaming really, THIS IS THE GAME OF OUR GENERATION but sure it has their zombie movie cliches but sometimes you are like HOLY WHY HE DID THAT. It has mostly no bugs a great ending perfect for a sequel. I hope next year a new uncharted game So as tlou. Expand
  59. Jan 1, 2014
    This game is primarily a story telling device, it's about the atmosphere and character interactions. Is it survival horror? Well you're never afraid to die, you're not going to be set back very far. You do have to conserve ammo a little bit and it really helps your enjoyment of the game if you approach situations strategically; while you can pretty much run and gun it you won't findThis game is primarily a story telling device, it's about the atmosphere and character interactions. Is it survival horror? Well you're never afraid to die, you're not going to be set back very far. You do have to conserve ammo a little bit and it really helps your enjoyment of the game if you approach situations strategically; while you can pretty much run and gun it you won't find this way of playing very fun. Remember, this isn't Call of Duty, it isn't a shooting gallery and as long as you don't play it like it is you should have a great experience with this game.

My only criticism is that there isn't enough variety in the scrap you can salvage and utilise, there's surely only so many pairs of broken scissors in the world? And that's it, that's all the criticism I have.
  60. Jul 23, 2013
    Well, while it may not be lengthy enough for some of us naughty dog fans, and may have some little niggling bugs here and there, this is a fine piece this. This wonderful, scary, empowering, and generally diamond in the polished diamond stage game. Thank God we are not existing in a time where publishers are afraid to create games that are different enough in their execution, while beingWell, while it may not be lengthy enough for some of us naughty dog fans, and may have some little niggling bugs here and there, this is a fine piece this. This wonderful, scary, empowering, and generally diamond in the polished diamond stage game. Thank God we are not existing in a time where publishers are afraid to create games that are different enough in their execution, while being similar enough to others to not totally drown and falter. Thank Christ we have SONY with giant gold plated platinum balls, creating real games in many different and interesting genres, instead of dude first person bro-fests. As you can see, I am very happy about this game. The best thing about the last of us is the fact that it is REAL-ISH, the deaths are god awful to experience. I had to shut the box off once because I saw death sequences too many times, and I was sickened. The art and design of the levels is top notch, while not over the top. Gun play is enjoyable. Play it! Expand
  61. Aug 6, 2013
    One of the best games I've ever played by far. The story keeps you sucked in, the game mechanics are good (better than "Uncharted" series), and the subtle music is just enough. I really enjoyed it.
  62. Jun 18, 2013
    Gun play is kind of iffy, but otherwise this is the best game i have ever played. The story is beautifully told. This game is an absolute masterpiece.
  63. Jun 25, 2013
    Truly wonderful game, i am a big gamer and have played games from Halo to Heavy Rain and Borderlands to Call of Duty and this is the first game in probably 4 years to truly surprise me. One for its shear beauty and two for its brilliant story and to top that off it play so very nicely. It draws you into the survivor role so well, helped by having no HUD and creating while the games stillTruly wonderful game, i am a big gamer and have played games from Halo to Heavy Rain and Borderlands to Call of Duty and this is the first game in probably 4 years to truly surprise me. One for its shear beauty and two for its brilliant story and to top that off it play so very nicely. It draws you into the survivor role so well, helped by having no HUD and creating while the games still live to create true urgency. I would recommend this to anyone looking for a deep engrossing game. Credit to Naughty Dog for creating a new IP after such a great job on Uncharted Expand
  64. Jun 17, 2013
    Much like God of War 2 for the PS2, The Last of Us is the 'Swan Song' of the PS3. Given none of the game has been revealed, The Last of Us will evoke in most a sense of curiosity, fear, and despair, and this is a good thing. This is an experience like no other, one of which most gamers should experience.
  65. Jul 8, 2013
    The Last of Us is the best game I've played so far this Year and it the best survival/horror game I've ever played. And I'm not a survival/horror fan, at all.The Last of Us is The Red Dead Redemption of 2013. I haven't seen a movie this year that was as well acted or emotionally gripping as The Last of Us not to mention the outstanding action sequences and genuinely "scary" moments. What aThe Last of Us is the best game I've played so far this Year and it the best survival/horror game I've ever played. And I'm not a survival/horror fan, at all.The Last of Us is The Red Dead Redemption of 2013. I haven't seen a movie this year that was as well acted or emotionally gripping as The Last of Us not to mention the outstanding action sequences and genuinely "scary" moments. What a great game to end the PS3 era with. Masterpiece! and a strong counter point to those who don't consider games to be a relevant art form. Expand
  66. Jun 17, 2013
    There isn't much to say about The Last of Us besides the fact that it's a thrill ride that can keep you on the edge of your seat from beginning to end; the premise itself could be said to be a cliched had it not brought an extreme amount of emotion to me throughout the bonding moments between the protagonists; Joel and Ellie. Along with the happiness that could be offered with theirThere isn't much to say about The Last of Us besides the fact that it's a thrill ride that can keep you on the edge of your seat from beginning to end; the premise itself could be said to be a cliched had it not brought an extreme amount of emotion to me throughout the bonding moments between the protagonists; Joel and Ellie. Along with the happiness that could be offered with their conversations tears can also be provoked from the games opening that may possibly be the saddest opening to any story that I have ever seen; this being said about the games beginning the tension and suspense that is felt from the games final moments are also the strong point for The Last of Us while being just as emotional as it's opening moments if not even more. Enough about the games emotional points the key point of the gameplay is to forge to survive and craft your weapons to your best advantage; Naughty Dog succeeds on a larger level than I could have ever though possible after playing through scavenging for tools and scraps to craft several items that are required to complete your journey west, such as shivs, first-aid kits, and even molotov Along with the great crafting system something that constantly plagues games in our modern market is the poor artificial intelligence, but with The Last of Us this will only be a problem for someone who gets upset from being outmaneuvered by a computer controlled bot as this game proves to have AI that works together to find a tactical advantage over the player. In my closing remarks I have to say that The Last of Us is a MUST PLAY game that constantly had me saying out loud "I can't believe this was created by Naughty Dog" due to it's dark tone and unforgiving characters. Stop reading now and buy it full price. Expand
  67. Jul 8, 2013
    This is honestly the greatest game I have ever played sure there are a few 'slight' glitches and moments you're reminded that it is 'just a game', but the fact that your brain needs to be reminded of this just goes to show how enthralling it really is. I don't think I've ever been more emotionally invested in a story than I was in this game, even on a second playthrough when I knew whatThis is honestly the greatest game I have ever played sure there are a few 'slight' glitches and moments you're reminded that it is 'just a game', but the fact that your brain needs to be reminded of this just goes to show how enthralling it really is. I don't think I've ever been more emotionally invested in a story than I was in this game, even on a second playthrough when I knew what was coming, it still got me right in the feels.

As far as gameplay goes don't expect call of duty. This is predominantly a stealth game, and this is where it shines approaching each situation cautiously and planning your every move with the limited supplies you have is the way the game was meant to be played, and when you know you only have 3 bullets and 5 enemies to take out, things can get really tense as a slight slip up will leave you sprinting desparately for cover when you're spotted and bandits open fire, or you hear the dreaded screech of a stalker in the sewers beginning his charge.

Live this game, invest yourself in it and you will love it. Since completing this game I haven't actually been able to get into any other new games, they just feel so shallow and pointless now... This game will stay with me for a LONG time.
  68. Sep 12, 2013
    One of the best games of all time, definitely in Top 10 at least. I bought my PS3 for this game (and with the added bonus of other great games of course).
  69. Aug 4, 2013
    Let me start off by saying; this was not a 10/10 experience for me, hence the rating. I played through this on hard difficulty. Combat is a fairly large part of the game, and I couldn't enjoy it. It might be that I am not used to aiming with a stick. But its not just the gunplay I have problems with. The AI; your companions ofttimes runs into enemies, however, as long as you are inLet me start off by saying; this was not a 10/10 experience for me, hence the rating. I played through this on hard difficulty. Combat is a fairly large part of the game, and I couldn't enjoy it. It might be that I am not used to aiming with a stick. But its not just the gunplay I have problems with. The AI; your companions ofttimes runs into enemies, however, as long as you are in stealth, they are invisible to the enemy AI. The infected (even the ones that scream constantly) will hear you unless you sneak extremely slowly, humans don't hear your steps at all as long as you are crouched. Humans in cover knows you are aiming at them and will not uncover unless you look away. Even if you slay people (with endless ammo?) there are small chances of them dropping ANYTHING. There are too much to mention, and all these things makes many encounters annoying. But don't get me wrong, encounters can still be very enjoyable. If you manage to sneak past several guys unnoticed, or "make every bullet count."

The moments between the encounters is when this game really shines. It is incredibly well made; the world and environments are really detailed. This makes exploring a joy. The relationship between the main characters is not something you usually get served in a game. It's brilliant, and it the main reason this game is epic. Pay good attention to the story and it will reward you with some philosophical questions, worthy of your thoughts. But, it's brutal and unpredictable. I think some people might not like this. Don't expect a Hollywood flick with glitter and happy endings... Great atmosphere. Great animations. Great graphics. I've run out of things to say.
  70. Jun 23, 2013
    A perfect 10! What else needs to be said about this masterpiece...This is the first game that had such an emotional impact on me that I found myself tear up twice throughout the campaign. If you want to see what a team at the absolute top of their game can produce check out Naughty Dog's masterwork. It's probably the most amazing game of this entire generation. Multiplayer is a nice mixA perfect 10! What else needs to be said about this masterpiece...This is the first game that had such an emotional impact on me that I found myself tear up twice throughout the campaign. If you want to see what a team at the absolute top of their game can produce check out Naughty Dog's masterwork. It's probably the most amazing game of this entire generation. Multiplayer is a nice mix of uncharted and gears of war and is extremely fun to play. One of the best new franchises in years and a true model of why games are an art form. Expand
  71. Jun 29, 2013
    Amazing game. Awesome story, awesome gameplay, awesome atmosphere. This is one of the very few games that has actually made me care for the characters. I was very happy with the ending of this game, it may not be as good as Bioshock Infinite's ending, but I was happy with it.
  72. Jun 21, 2013
    I was apprehensive about exactly how "amazing" the game would be because I was let down the last time I played a game with as much hype surrounding it as this one. The Last of Us met and exceeded the high expectations I had for it. Gameplay, visuals, and story were all superb. Not one to miss.
  73. Jun 23, 2013
    After playing games on every system since Atari, this will go down as my favorite game of all time. This isn't a mindless action packed shoot em' up game. It plays more like Metal Gear Solid Splinter Cell, where you're forced to stealth around to take out your enemies individually rather then go guns blazing. If you don't strategize your approach, you'll surely die. The ammo and weaponsAfter playing games on every system since Atari, this will go down as my favorite game of all time. This isn't a mindless action packed shoot em' up game. It plays more like Metal Gear Solid Splinter Cell, where you're forced to stealth around to take out your enemies individually rather then go guns blazing. If you don't strategize your approach, you'll surely die. The ammo and weapons you have are limited, so you have to play smart. I only played on normal, and I plan to replay it on survival mode where the supplies are even further limited.

This game is also scary. It kind of brings me back to what Resident Evil used to be. All about survival, and being scared to explore new rooms. The zombies are referred to as infected, and they're not your traditional zombies (dead coming back to life and you have to kill the brain). They are more like zombies from 28 Days Later. Just regular humans who get a disease and turn crazy in a matter of minutes. Also, the infected have different phases (based on how long they've been infected), which allows for a variety in characteristics and different means of dispatching. Nothing worse than getting the attention of one infected who wakes up all their nearby friends. You can go from focused to panic in a matter of seconds.

The game play and feel of the game is a good blend between MGS and Resident Evil (both in my top 10), which I already stated. But what really puts this game over the top for me are two things: the lack of repetition in the fight sequences and the best story telling ever made in a video game. First, I say lack of repetition because every fight scene feels unique. Your environment plays a huge part on how you kill enemies, and there's not a single piece of landscape, building, or road that is reused. Also, you have so many different means of killing enemies using firearms, bow and arrows, smoke grenades, make-shift bombs, molotov knives, blunt objects, choke holds or hand-to-hand combat. Second, the best story telling every! I've never felt so invested in two video game characters than Joel and Ellie. The actors they casted for the voices did an amazing job. Also the dialogue between all the characters felt so genuine. Most of the story telling were done with cut scenes, but how they depicted the movement, gestures and facial expressions of these characters, on top of the incredible voice acting, made everything feel real. Sometimes I forgot I was playing a video game.

Best game ever. I can't wait to play it again!
  74. Jun 23, 2013
    Amazing game no flaws what so ever, the story is great but the true jewel in the game are the characters of Joel and Ellie. Multiplayer has a great concept but it's really an absurd one way win almost all the time. There is no opportunity to play solo this game type is forcefully team based and if your own team decides to go each on their own you're in for a bitter match, this isn't callAmazing game no flaws what so ever, the story is great but the true jewel in the game are the characters of Joel and Ellie. Multiplayer has a great concept but it's really an absurd one way win almost all the time. There is no opportunity to play solo this game type is forcefully team based and if your own team decides to go each on their own you're in for a bitter match, this isn't call of duty. Anyway this game isn't really about multiplayer, it has tons of replay value and without a doubt one of the best games of this generation. Expand
  75. Jun 25, 2013
    I've enjoyed Naughty Dog's previous games. I figured that I would end up enjoying The Last of Us because of the previous experiences that I have had, and I was not disappointed. This is the greatest game I have ever played, and it is now my favorite game of all time. I love this game and I couldn't help enjoying every minute of it, the amazing story-line, the characters, the game-play, andI've enjoyed Naughty Dog's previous games. I figured that I would end up enjoying The Last of Us because of the previous experiences that I have had, and I was not disappointed. This is the greatest game I have ever played, and it is now my favorite game of all time. I love this game and I couldn't help enjoying every minute of it, the amazing story-line, the characters, the game-play, and even the multiplayer. It''s an all around amazing experience that should not be passed up. Expand
  76. May 24, 2015
    Play this game. The story is so strong and action is awesome. Feels a bit like Uncharted with zombies with more awesome. I loved the mix of stealth and guns blazing. I loved the survival feeling of a decayed world that you need to scavenge through. I loved the character development.
    Best thing to do is just play it for yourself - you won't be disappointed.
  77. Jun 29, 2013
    TLOU=The Citizens Kane of Gaming
    No other game has grasped me like TLOU has, TLOU is a game for the ages and one that has redefined an era of gaming.
    -Characters: The characters in this game are very well written and deep especially Joel and Ellie. The constant chatter between the two makes for some of the best dialogue. -Graphics: The game looks beautiful and is the messiah of console
    TLOU=The Citizens Kane of Gaming
    -Graphics: The game looks beautiful and is the messiah of console graphics
    -Pacing: the pacing is fantastic because of how varied the gameplay is, you can shoot your way through or stealth kill through.
    -Verdict: The GOAT!!!!!!!
  78. Jun 23, 2013
    I for one, thought that this game was everything I expected it to be. It doesn't matter how good something is, there are those who will find fault with anything. For those complaining about the graphics- what the Hell were you playing it on? I thought it had excellent graphics. The story was well written and the characters were all hardened by their surroundings, but still managed to showI for one, thought that this game was everything I expected it to be. It doesn't matter how good something is, there are those who will find fault with anything. For those complaining about the graphics- what the Hell were you playing it on? I thought it had excellent graphics. The story was well written and the characters were all hardened by their surroundings, but still managed to show the kind of emotion void in survival games. The problem with gaming is everyone has been spoiled with games that cater to the run and gun style. When games come along that actually make you slow down, and have to make a choice with limited ammo, limited resources, and limited options, it seems either some cannot grasp this concept and or they adapt. Just like real life. No game is true to life, especially military shooters. Being a former Marine, I play some of these but find myself amused by the comments of some gamers make in regards to "if they were in that situation". Funny. I really found the pace of The Last of Us to be somewhat truer to form if things were catastrophic. I have played alot of games, and truly have to say that this is one of the best games I have ever played. I felt that Naughty Dog really captured the moments that were important very well. There were parts of the game that made you feel the torment of the character, and parts that made you want to kill. I play both Xbox and PS3, and I really and truly have to say that Naughty Dog has made another epic game that I can only find on my PS3, which has become the norm. If you truly love gaming, not just running around like an idiot, enjoy a game with depth and story, want more than the "typical" game that has been offered up as of late, then I highly recommend this game for you. If not, then expand your mind a little. Their are moments in this game that would make most feel sad or moved somewhat. It was nice to feel something for the characters and seeing their torment and very few highs in a desolate world I really hope that more developers will push themselves the way this company has to make a superior product. Their is no excuse in 2013 for some of the crap being put out. This game should be a benchmark for what can be done if certain elements are combined. Making a survival game that clearly stands above others (Walking Dead was great as well) Naughty Dog proved that making a great game with all the aspects in the survival genre could be done. Expand
  79. Jun 24, 2013
    Before one dies, there are movies that have to be seen, books that have to be read, countries that have to be visited, and games that have to be played. And one of them is The Last of Us: a truly piece of art. amazing attention to detail, impressive technical aspect, but overall, an extraordinary wrapped in one of the best scripts written for a videogame. I got a PS3 only for this game,Before one dies, there are movies that have to be seen, books that have to be read, countries that have to be visited, and games that have to be played. And one of them is The Last of Us: a truly piece of art. amazing attention to detail, impressive technical aspect, but overall, an extraordinary wrapped in one of the best scripts written for a videogame. I got a PS3 only for this game, and it was well worth it. Expand
  80. Jun 19, 2013
    I have been a gamer for many years, more predominantly on the PC and I decided I wanted to try a game that can only be played on one console (Playstation 3 of course) This game is by far one of the best games to have ever been created and this deserves it’s spot high up In the rankings, with the likes of other titles such as: Half-Life 1 and 2, GTA IV, Uncharted 2 etc. The Last Of Us hasI have been a gamer for many years, more predominantly on the PC and I decided I wanted to try a game that can only be played on one console (Playstation 3 of course) This game is by far one of the best games to have ever been created and this deserves it’s spot high up In the rankings, with the likes of other titles such as: Half-Life 1 and 2, GTA IV, Uncharted 2 etc. The Last Of Us has it all; great graphics (even for a console), incredible dialogue, immersive environments, in-depth and satisfying combat mechanics, intriguing plot, well developed characters and the relationship with the characters (especially Joel and Ellie) is just pure magical. The list can go on, there is never a dull moment in this game and the more you play it you will never want to put it down, it actually keeps you wanting more and more. Aside from the single player there is the multiplayer which is surprisingly addictive, it’s a lot more slower paced than your average FPS twitch shooter and it requires a lot of team work. There are upgrades to weapons as well as weapon unlocks so the progression is quite thorough and well implemented. All in all Naughty Dog have created a master piece and this game should not be missed, a highly recommended game for what could be one of if not the only contender for game of the year. Expand
  81. Nov 17, 2015
    The Last of Us is one of those games that breaks new ground in gaming, such as titles like The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, GTA IV, or even Naughty Dog’s own, Uncharted 2. I don’t like spending $60.00 on games in today’s sagging economy, but I feel like I got a steal with this one and that my friends is rare. It’s a good 15 hours in length and offers one of the most riveting storiesThe Last of Us is one of those games that breaks new ground in gaming, such as titles like The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, GTA IV, or even Naughty Dog’s own, Uncharted 2. I don’t like spending $60.00 on games in today’s sagging economy, but I feel like I got a steal with this one and that my friends is rare. It’s a good 15 hours in length and offers one of the most riveting stories in gaming. The emotional depth is staggering. The gameplay offers tons of fun. The visuals are breathtaking. The characters are interesting and relatable. The voice acting is fantastic. If you haven’t played this game then you must either be living under a rock or you simply read Gamespot’s review and no one else’s. The Last of Us is a groundbreaking, incredible and wildly ambitious game that rivals some of the greatest of all time. Expand
  82. Jun 17, 2013
    This one brings movies and games closer together (like Heavy rain did), and I like it. The voice-acting is outstanding. The graphics are great for PS3. The environment is beautiful (I like the seasons they follow). The game-play is great. It takes a while to get used to the guns but they are very different. The story has been seen before but it's told in a great way. You feel very bad whenThis one brings movies and games closer together (like Heavy rain did), and I like it. The voice-acting is outstanding. The graphics are great for PS3. The environment is beautiful (I like the seasons they follow). The game-play is great. It takes a while to get used to the guns but they are very different. The story has been seen before but it's told in a great way. You feel very bad when a character dies because you started to care for them after a while. It is one of the best games I have ever played of this generation and before! 10/10. Expand
  83. Jun 17, 2013
    very good game. game is good. play game many time with whole family. recommend game to many player who want good game. ending very emotional. am very upset.
  84. Aug 3, 2013
    Probably the best game I've ever played and arguably everything about this game shines. Naughty Dog have done it again. The Last Of Us has outstanding graphics, good gameplay, sound, and perfect voice acting. The whole game was like playing and watching a movie and I've really never heard better voice acting in a game before. You care so much about Ellie and Joel and there is muchProbably the best game I've ever played and arguably everything about this game shines. Naughty Dog have done it again. The Last Of Us has outstanding graphics, good gameplay, sound, and perfect voice acting. The whole game was like playing and watching a movie and I've really never heard better voice acting in a game before. You care so much about Ellie and Joel and there is much character development throughout the game. Supporting characters are very memorable too.
    The graphics and environments are also drop-dead gorgeous, and more than once I had to stop and gaze at the view at the stunning scenery in many of the levels.
    Gameplay-wise it's good and there are many ways to take out enemies, be it all-guns blazing or stealthily, depending on your available resources. A very minor niggle is that sometimes the AI of your companions can be imperfect: they're not really noticed by enemies for example but that doesn't falter from the combat. Speaking of which both the shooting mechanics and physical attacks are simple and very satisfying, and being able to upgrade weapons, collect items, and improve skills is a nice touch.
    Overall, another glorious game from Naughty Dog that will be remembered for years to come. A clear contender for GOTY.
  85. Jul 27, 2013
    One of the best games ever created.Missing this game would be the biggest mistake a gamer can make. If you don't have a PS3, go and buy it right now just for The Last of Us.
  86. Jul 9, 2013
    Faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaantastic game! best i have ever played so far.
  87. Jun 17, 2013
    I am not going to go into too much depth, but I just want to say something. How could all these positive reviews be soooo wrong as some of the negative raters are saying? These critics know what they are talking about, and they qouldnt rate a game that is So broken, frustrating and overrated".

That being said, the game is a must play for Uncharted fans, PS3 owners, zombie fans, and gamers that enjoy emotional story telling with a lot of violence.

Multiplayer will give many hours if you take your time to learn how to play.

Bottom line, play this game because it is one of the best gaming experiences that I have encountered ever.
  88. Jun 18, 2013
    It's been a long time since a game has affected me the way this one has. This is a true masterpiece and should be played by everyone. Everything the two characters (Joel and Ellie) go through, every decision they make, are very real and gives off a sense of atmosphere. We watch as these two grow closer and form a bond with each other to the point where Joel would give up everything forIt's been a long time since a game has affected me the way this one has. This is a true masterpiece and should be played by everyone. Everything the two characters (Joel and Ellie) go through, every decision they make, are very real and gives off a sense of atmosphere. We watch as these two grow closer and form a bond with each other to the point where Joel would give up everything for her. The whole game is simply put, a mindblowing experience. The only games that top this is my personal all time favorite series Metal Gear Solid, but that being said this is a close second. I don't know HOW Naughty Dog managed to top Uncharted 2 but they did it!! THEY DID IT!! :D Expand
  89. Jun 23, 2013
    This year has seen an incredible spike in the quality of videogame storytelling (and GTA 5 is still to come, as well as Beyond: Two Souls). PC gamers have enjoyed strong, narrative-driven games for decades, while console games have generally languished in a gameplay-first, story-second mentality (not an inherently bad ideology, but not one that exactly encourages the pillars ofThis year has seen an incredible spike in the quality of videogame storytelling (and GTA 5 is still to come, as well as Beyond: Two Souls). PC gamers have enjoyed strong, narrative-driven games for decades, while console games have generally languished in a gameplay-first, story-second mentality (not an inherently bad ideology, but not one that exactly encourages the pillars of storytelling) during that same period. There have been great stories on console for sure, but the consistency and ingenuity as of late has been unprecedented, and so very welcome. The Last of Us marries gameplay and story in such a way as to set the benchmark for the next generation. This is how you do it. Naughty Dog has taken the framework of the Uncharted franchise, gameplay-wise, and stripped it of its' wild acrobatics and treasure-hunting in favor of grueling survival and supply-scavenging. This ever-present struggle fuels the emotionally-charged, tense, and unforgettable story of two survivors amidst a world gone mad, a story that at times shocks, inspires awe, and breaks your heart. The seamless in and out between gameplay and story, the pitch-perfect pacing, is something that could only be achieved by a studio at the height of its' ability, and the freedom to do so. Sony and Naughty Dog deserve many accolades for this achievement. The game isn't perfect (the enemy AI, which seems to be a common gripe, is a bit simple, and their ignorance of your companions is both bizarre and disappointing, but I still ended up dying 70 times on Hard, so maybe I should be grateful), but the resounding successes of the game bury deep any minor qualms. Furthermore, the multiplayer, which carries over nicely from the main game and features a surprisingly addictive metagame, is a fantastic bonus that only serves to bury deeper still those tiny, insignificant misgivings. I strongly encourage anyone to play this, as long as you can stomache the violence and themes, and judge for yourself. For a game about what could be the end of the world, it makes me look forward to the future of gaming. Expand
  90. Jun 22, 2013
    The Last of Us shows the world that gaming is as legitimate an entertainment form as any other medium, it defines its genre of action-adventure and it is also the biggest reason to own a PS3 if you dont already.
    20 years ago a fungal infection spread across the world, killing most of the human race. Now in the year 2033 the USA is governed by a security force who have herded survivors into quarantine zones, they are ruthless and will dish out punishment with extreme prejudice. An underground movement known as the Fireflies is rebelling against them and you, a middle aged man named Joel, are tasked with assisting them in escorting a young girl named Ellie across the country for she holds the cure to the virus that has plagued the world for 20 years.
    The story takes place over roughly a year and shows how Joel & Ellie's relationship changes from two people who are stuck with each other to that of a Father and Daughter scenario. This brings in some great plotlines usually revolving around concepts such as life and death or survival.
    The graphical standard of TLoU is simply mind-blowing, this is probably the best looking PS3 game ever made, from the lighting to the motion capture and textures, everything is utterly beautiful in TLoU.
    The multiplayer is also fun and doesn't compromise the main storylines quality.
    In short TLoU is a 12-15 hour thrill ride. If Telltale's The Walking Dead and Resident Evil 4 had a baby (whilst Uncharted was briefly involved for a threesome) this would be it. The Last of Us is superb from heart wrenching beginning to tear jerking end and once you are done all you want to do is go back and play it again and again.
  91. Jun 23, 2013
    I have got to start off this review by giving a big round of applause for Naughty Dog on yet another great hit, if not amazing. I have to say this is the best game I have played in years, and that's saying a lot with all the games I play. This games story is brilliant, sad, happy, depressing, gross, and somehow pulls all that off. There's nothing here I can say that pulled me away from theI have got to start off this review by giving a big round of applause for Naughty Dog on yet another great hit, if not amazing. I have to say this is the best game I have played in years, and that's saying a lot with all the games I play. This games story is brilliant, sad, happy, depressing, gross, and somehow pulls all that off. There's nothing here I can say that pulled me away from the experience. Aside from a few visual glitches (arms through bodies, people stuck inside stairs), this games pulls everything together and makes it one of the best games ever made. The shooting mechanics are great, the lack of ammo in the world really adds to the feeling of hopelessness, the letters you find in the game world really put you in someones else's shoes and shows a bit of back story. The prologue of the game was the hook that really pulls you in, and kept me playing for the next 3-4 hours. Also I was absolutely amazed at the graphics in this game, coming from Naughty Dog you already have high expectations and the graphics blew me away. The coolest thing about it is that the load times are so minimal (I have the digital edition, which may make a difference in load times) and the game seamlessly blends cut scenes and action or cut scenes and drama. I also loved the way the characters reacted with each other, there is some really good humor in this game to bring you away from destruction for a bit. I loved the environments in this game, how vines grew up on buildings years old, or travelling through tunnels full of poisonous spores. This game has everything any gamer would want, Uncharted fan or not. Pick this game up now. Expand
  92. Sep 19, 2013
    Easily one of the best games I have ever played. Naughty Dog has maintained it's firm lead as my favorite developer around. No spoilers, promise.

The Last of Us is a post apocalyptic masterpiece. You play the game through the eyes of Joel, a hardened survivor who has seen too much for one person. Joel is not a hero and he's not a good person. He's simply a survivor. As you play through the game you will begin to relate with Joel and understand how he became the way he is. One of the greatest triumphs of this game is putting you in the survival first mindset.

While secondary to the incredible story, cutscenes, and characterization, the gameplay of The Last of Us is fantastic. The game allows you the freedom to choose how to approach almost every engagement. The combat is gruesome and realistic, and only serves to engage you in the action more. The realism of choking an enemy to death reminds you that you are not just choking some random villain, this is just another person trying to survive. The game provides a fantastic illusion of existing in a real world, despite the fact that it is a linear game.

I can't possibly end my review without mentioning the graphics. They are stunningly good. I did not think that current generation games would look any better than Uncharted 3, but they have improved their graphics again. While most of the sights you will see will be ruined cities, they all look absolutely fantastic thanks to the fantastic texture quality Naughty Dog stuffed in the game.

Gameplay:
    Story:
    Graphics:
    Sound:
  93. Aug 8, 2013
    I think of The Last of Us and I think of perfection. I think of a game that is just brilliant and will be looked upon by the future generations to come. The story is brilliant. The gameplay is fun, smooth, and fluid. The graphics are gorgeous. The sound is superb. As for the game…it truly is a masterpiece.

FULL REVIEW AT: http://hapticzone.wordpress.com/
  94. Jul 7, 2013
    This is one of the only games I've played that I would call a masterpiece. Never have I seen every aspect of a game work so well together. The story, the game play, everything. It's all so perfect, and so dark. Definitely a transcendent piece or art.
  95. Jun 18, 2013
    A masterpiece, Naughty Dog delivers once again. The last of us is well acted, well written and beautiful as well as dreary and depressing. There isn't a studio out there putting nearly as much care and love into what they do that Naughty dog does. So much care has been put into the characters and story, so much subtle and beautiful animation detail into the faces in the cutscenes. SeeingA masterpiece, Naughty Dog delivers once again. The last of us is well acted, well written and beautiful as well as dreary and depressing. There isn't a studio out there putting nearly as much care and love into what they do that Naughty dog does. So much care has been put into the characters and story, so much subtle and beautiful animation detail into the faces in the cutscenes. Seeing the relationship change between Joel and Ellie was breath taking and had me shouting at my TV in anger at Joel.

I know what you're thinking... Post apocalyptic, zombie like creatures, no Nathan Drake... Well stop! I understand your pre-conceived notions of how these games are. This isn't the walking dead, it's not Fallout and it certainly isn't Uncharted although the game mechanics share a lot of similarities. The gun play in this game is vastly improved from what Naughty Dog has done before and although sometimes the AI will prove me wrong the AI is much more intelligent. But most importantly killing the AI in this game is more meaningful as you feel like you're protecting Ellie and will do whatever it takes to get her through this world safely.

As a final note I would suggest you play through this without caring for trophies as you will not get the bulk of them until the end of your third play through. I understand the appeal of trophies as I wear my platinum's for all of Naughty Dog's games with pride. But after finishing the game on hard you will only have 8% of the trophies. Good luck and have fun!
  96. Jun 25, 2013
    It's perfect and I honestly don't know what to say other than that. The characters, the environment, the realism, I just don't see how anyone could hate this game (I guess if you have a weak stomach). ND doesn't hold back with this shocker of a game. Some scenes left me breathless with a feeling of "wow, that just happened..."

ND did a phenomenal job and this is my personal GOTY.
  97. Aug 16, 2013
    While this game is a bit overrated, it is an excellent game nonetheless. It has an amazing story that captures and immerses the player. It's a bit predictable at times, but it's so well acted and it reads so much like a book that it is truly something special. The gameplay is not too good though. It's fun at first, but after awhile, it becomes repetitive as the challenge simply becomes:While this game is a bit overrated, it is an excellent game nonetheless. It has an amazing story that captures and immerses the player. It's a bit predictable at times, but it's so well acted and it reads so much like a book that it is truly something special. The gameplay is not too good though. It's fun at first, but after awhile, it becomes repetitive as the challenge simply becomes: think inside this box some more. It would have been better had there been challenges that forced you to think beyond what you've been thinking for the latter half of the game. However, failures aside, this game is a must play, don't let anyone tell you otherwise. Expand
  98. Jul 5, 2013
    NO SPOILERS I promise! To start I was not really interested in this game. I have enjoyed the uncharted series, but survival games really don't interest me at all. I had nothing else to play, so I picked this game up. I have to say AMAZING! So glad I decided to buy this game. The story is just above what other games are producing. I have not played a game in a while that had me so tuned toNO SPOILERS I promise! To start I was not really interested in this game. I have enjoyed the uncharted series, but survival games really don't interest me at all. I had nothing else to play, so I picked this game up. I have to say AMAZING! So glad I decided to buy this game. The story is just above what other games are producing. I have not played a game in a while that had me so tuned to my TV. A wonderful story that everyone should enjoy. Expand
  99. Jun 25, 2013
    I have played hundreds of games in my life time, from outer space alien shooters to pirate wannabes of monkey island, but never ever have I come to play such a brilliantly created game as Last of Us. The game is perfectly ridden, it has eye dropping landscapes and heartfelt characters. I can not say anything more of this game, it is just the best game I have ever played.
  100. Jun 23, 2013
    Naughty Dog have set the standard for their Playstation exclusives next year and beyond if I had been previously on the fence about buying the Playstation 4, this game alone would have swayed me. I can't wait to see what ND have to offer next-gen.

1. Sep 16, 2013
  2. Sep 10, 2013
  3. Official PlayStation Magazine Benelux
    Sep 4, 2013
    Despite the breakneck pace of the prologue, it takes quite a while for The Last of Us to pick up some speed again. However, once the cold harsh winter arrives, the action (and story) ramps up. So much so, it puts most Hollywood productions to shame. [July 2013, p.76]