• Publisher: SCEA
  • Release Date: Jun 14, 2013
9.1

1. Jun 18, 2013
    I don't think I have ever played a game like this. Saying this game was great would be an understatement. The game has an amazing story and is also helped by its incredible gameplay and characters. You take the role of Joel in a post-apocalyptic world, your job is to take Ellie (who I believe is the character of this generation) to a rebel group "the Fireflies". During your journey youI don't think I have ever played a game like this. Saying this game was great would be an understatement. The game has an amazing story and is also helped by its incredible gameplay and characters. You take the role of Joel in a post-apocalyptic world, your job is to take Ellie (who I believe is the character of this generation) to a rebel group "the Fireflies". During your journey you will find characters that you can love and also hate. Not only Joel and Ellie's love grow, your love for these characters will also grow. If you can play one game in your life PLAY THIS!!! Expand
  2. Jun 16, 2013
    O jogo incrível acredito que a partir de agora veremos mais jogos com a mesma alma de The Last of Us, não dei 10 porque os personagens secundários durante o jogo não alteram o comportamento dos inimigos.
  3. Jun 15, 2013
    I wouldn't call this game perfect, but it's pretty close for me. I wanted to rate this a 9.8. Since I cannot, I will give it a 10 because it is closer to a 10 than a 9. There IS the occasional glitch (as with most games), but the only thing that really takes me out of the experience is when Ellie will run out in front of the enemies and they will not see her at all! These moments remindI wouldn't call this game perfect, but it's pretty close for me. I wanted to rate this a 9.8. Since I cannot, I will give it a 10 because it is closer to a 10 than a 9. There IS the occasional glitch (as with most games), but the only thing that really takes me out of the experience is when Ellie will run out in front of the enemies and they will not see her at all! These moments remind you that you're playing a game and take you out of the experience.

Other than that, the story is absolutely top notch, the acting is top notch. One of the most engaging experiences I've ever played. (and I've been gaming since around the age of 3 back in '83!) The combat is underpowered in comparison to other games, but I LOVE that. It really gives a sense of fear and dread as you move along in the game. It really emphasizes the need for stealth. I would recommend this game to almost anyone, except for those who just absolutely loathe stealth games. Even then, you should give it a shot at least for the story and acting. The first 10 minutes will make at least a tear come to your eye. If it doesn't, then you probably aren't human.
  4. Jun 14, 2013
    You should realize right from the beginning, you are in for a dark, remorseless journey into survival. Your sympathy is for the two main characters, and some of survivors they meet along the way, but the dread of what is around the corner haunts you for them and like the stunning graphics that never cease to amaze, this game continues to enthrall you down to the last scene. The game playYou should realize right from the beginning, you are in for a dark, remorseless journey into survival. Your sympathy is for the two main characters, and some of survivors they meet along the way, but the dread of what is around the corner haunts you for them and like the stunning graphics that never cease to amaze, this game continues to enthrall you down to the last scene. The game play is flawless, and you know this because it never interferes with story and the combat....and Ellie will simply blow you away with her tough independence and fierce instincts....The PS3 deserves this game as a brilliant way to say good-bye to this generation of consoles...worth every cent and worth every play time minute. Expand
  5. Jun 14, 2013
    I don't know what I can really say about this game without giving anything away, but I will tell you that it is easily in the top ten games that I've played, and I've played a lot of good games, also the characters of Joel and Ellie are absolutely brilliant, I think Ellie has such an amazing premise, and Joel seems to have been affected by the infection in quite a realistic way. The onlyI don't know what I can really say about this game without giving anything away, but I will tell you that it is easily in the top ten games that I've played, and I've played a lot of good games, also the characters of Joel and Ellie are absolutely brilliant, I think Ellie has such an amazing premise, and Joel seems to have been affected by the infection in quite a realistic way. The only bad thing I can say about this game is that as good as it is, I don't think it's for everybody, some people might be put off by the atmosphere and violence within the game, while some will love it for the same reason.

If you're thinking of buying this game, then I recommend buying it.
  6. Jun 16, 2013
    This game is on my short list for perfect 10's. Few games come to mind that are close to this caliber of top notch presentation, amazing story, and superb game play. This is a true return to survival horror, a genre many fans felt disappeared after Resident Evil 4 (some say even before that). I honestly haven't even started to play multiplayer yet, but I only hear good to great thingsThis game is on my short list for perfect 10's. Few games come to mind that are close to this caliber of top notch presentation, amazing story, and superb game play. This is a true return to survival horror, a genre many fans felt disappeared after Resident Evil 4 (some say even before that). I honestly haven't even started to play multiplayer yet, but I only hear good to great things about it. I know it's a little late in the current gen to say this, but this is a system seller of a game if I have ever played one! Expand
  7. Jun 14, 2013
    This game truly is phenomenal. Naughty Dog proves yet again why they are the kings of the PS3, and arguably gaming in general. The Last of Us gets everything right. The environments, the atmosphere, the gameplay, the storyline, the characters, the graphics. Everything. I really can't say enough how amazing this game truly ended up being.
  8. Jun 14, 2013
    Very good game. I love all of Naughty Dog's games, they are fun and have very good graphics. Go buy this game now and support ND for making better games on the PS 4!
  9. Jun 14, 2013
    Such an immersing world, great characters especially Joel en Ellie. Brilliant and such a fleshed out story i won't forget in a long time. Intense and incredible well put together gameplay mechanics. THE best game i have ever played.
  10. Jun 17, 2013
    Extraordinary game! Great story that makes you care about the characters of the game. The game play is effortless and continuously keeps you interested in what’s around the next corner. Love figuring out what’s the best line of defense for getting though enemy riddled areas. A must purchase!
  11. Jun 14, 2013
    The Last of Us is one of the best games I have ever played. Imagine Uncharted 2/3, that looks better, sounds better, has more engaging characters and a more emotional plot.
    Imagine that with combat which encourages not just multiple playthroughs to try a different strategy, but reloading checkpoints to get your first strategy just right. But that doesn't really do it justice.
    If you
    If you are looking for a brand new and unique experience, this isn't perfect, but you should play it anyway. If you are looking for one of the best experiences to be found in gaming, you should definitely play The Last of Us.
  12. Jun 15, 2013
    I really like this action-survival-horror -next generation game, forget all this MS haters...if I compare the graphics of this great game with GTA IV, Darksiders, Mass Effect 3, Skyrim, Hitman, the action, gameplay, are matchless. It's not a perfect game, not at all, not for all, but I like it and it's my kind of game.
  13. Jun 18, 2013
    This is a great game and if you own a Playstation 3 you should play it.

The bad "User" reviews by GonzoGamer and Wilfogn Your other review are all XboX360 games. .
    So my question to you is is? Are you really that stupid, why would you go and give a bad review to a game of a console you don't even have..... You should pursuit a career in politics, you are picture perfect for the job.
  14. Jun 18, 2013
    This is hands down the best game I've ever played. Awesome gameplay. And the story is by far the best in any game.
    It is also the first game ever that has made me cry.
    Naughty Dog gets everything right with this game. The voice acting, environment, characters, atmosphere and music is amazing.
  15. Jun 14, 2013
    The Last of Us, its a game that needs no introduction but had to show more than what we were expecting in order to not only keep up with the current generation & next generation games coming out but also live up to the par that Uncharted 2, and Uncharted 3 set for Naughty Dog. The game takes you on a journey that takes you throughout a world 20 years after a pandemic had arose. WhileThe Last of Us, its a game that needs no introduction but had to show more than what we were expecting in order to not only keep up with the current generation & next generation games coming out but also live up to the par that Uncharted 2, and Uncharted 3 set for Naughty Dog. The game takes you on a journey that takes you throughout a world 20 years after a pandemic had arose. While keeping new ideas fresh the best thing that "The Last of Us" has going for it is excellent character development backed up with a truly memorable story. So if you are able to get your hands on a copy "The Last of Us" is a game that you do not want to miss out, and that is why it deserves a 9.8/10. Expand
  16. Jun 18, 2013
    My real score would be a 9.5 but im just rounding it up. The graphics and story are 10/10 but the gameplay would be like an 8 for me. Also the friendly ai can get in your way sometimes but nothing too bad.
  17. Jun 14, 2013
    A gripping story about human survival and the re-ignition of love in a bittered heart. The voice acting is perfect, facial animations are top notch and the protagonist becomes a very 'real' person as the story progresses. The graphics are pretty much the best current consoles can offer. The art direction can best be described as 'dreary', perfect for a post-apocalyptic setting. I also loveA gripping story about human survival and the re-ignition of love in a bittered heart. The voice acting is perfect, facial animations are top notch and the protagonist becomes a very 'real' person as the story progresses. The graphics are pretty much the best current consoles can offer. The art direction can best be described as 'dreary', perfect for a post-apocalyptic setting. I also love the sound design and the minimalistic sound track producing melancholic instrumental music that really gets you in the right mood. The story is thrust forward using ingame dialog sections, cutscenes and various items you find (such as pamphlets and notes). Overall, the fiction feels very 'real'. Thrillingly able to suspend my disbelief with a mature story.

Gameplay:

The game can be best described as a third person action adventure with lots of stealth elements, and a bit more exploration than you would expect from the creators of Uncharted. The game has a wonderful pace (absolutely not run and gun) and great stealth sections that will have you at the edge of your seat. The stealth reminds me a bit of Manhunt, in which rooms are like puzzles and it is for the gamer to find out efficient ways to get through the rooms. As in Manhunt, taking down enemies feels hefty and combat is raw and visceral. There is also a crafting system in place, in which you use recourses scattered throughout the levels to craft items like health packs and shivs. However, resources are scarce and some items use the same components. So you need to choose: do I want a health pack, or a molotov?

The only downside to the game I found is the fact that sometimes your companions behave unrealistically during stealth sections, wanting to follow you around and obviously showing themselves while doing so. But it doesn't detract from the experience and luckily no alarms are triggered when it happens. Overall the companion AI is good; it is hard to make companions behave perfectly in stealth gameplay (how many games even try it?).

Lastly, I recommend turning off all tips in the options menu so the game doesn't tell you what to do all the time, yet I found the normal difficulty setting challenging enough. Take your time with this one, try to find the hidden resources and be absorbed in the fiction. Uncharted 3 really was more of the same and a bit boring, this is refreshing and gripping. Like Red Dead Redemption and Mass Effect 2, this was a game that just did not bore me. 10/10 for the single player.
  18. Jun 14, 2013
    Best game this generation along with Uncharted 2 and Red Dead Redemption Everything in this game is top notch Graphics Gameplay Storytelling ,Voice acting and soundtrack This game is one of the reasons why I have a PS3 .
    and when you see a dickhead like GladkyAndrey who rate this game a 3 then change his mind and rate it 0 you know that this game is a beeeeeeaast
  19. Jun 14, 2013
    This is the first survival game in a long while that truly feels like a survival game. You have such limited ammo with your relatively underpowered weapons, that you must strategically plan out each encounter in order to survive. Most games suggest that you explore the environments, but The Last of Us actually forces you to. Without the necessary scavenged crafting supplies used to makeThis is the first survival game in a long while that truly feels like a survival game. You have such limited ammo with your relatively underpowered weapons, that you must strategically plan out each encounter in order to survive. Most games suggest that you explore the environments, but The Last of Us actually forces you to. Without the necessary scavenged crafting supplies used to make health kits, upgraded weapons or booby traps, you simply won’t live through upcoming encounters. Expand
  20. Jun 14, 2013
    Truly a masterpiece!! This game gives me great hope where games can go from here,having played most games you fear "been there done that" not with The Last Of Us. Naughty dog have shown what great developers they are with Uncharted series,but with this game they have stepped into legendary category and Sony's flagship developers. Amazing game with great graphics (probably best looking gameTruly a masterpiece!! This game gives me great hope where games can go from here,having played most games you fear "been there done that" not with The Last Of Us. Naughty dog have shown what great developers they are with Uncharted series,but with this game they have stepped into legendary category and Sony's flagship developers. Amazing game with great graphics (probably best looking game on ps3) and a great story arc. The story is the games real strength and how it emotionally draws you in,then throw in suspenseful set pieces with a gritty world and action violence and you've got a gem,and that's what Naughty Dog has given us,probably the ps3 last exclusive gem. Simply put YOU MUST BUY THIS GAME. Expand
  21. Jun 17, 2013
    Best games ever made.
    A 10/10 score is not enough for this game. Naughty dog has made many great games, but this one is the best and probably the best game of this gen.
  22. Jun 15, 2013
    The hype leading up to my chance to play The Last of Us had me worried, as it seemed like I would be disappointed because I thought no game could live up to the expectations I had for it. I was wrong. Naughty Dog has succeeded in crafting what is undoubtedly one of the absolute best games of all time, an emotional tour de force that, while set in a post-apocalyptic,The hype leading up to my chance to play The Last of Us had me worried, as it seemed like I would be disappointed because I thought no game could live up to the expectations I had for it. I was wrong. Naughty Dog has succeeded in crafting what is undoubtedly one of the absolute best games of all time, an emotional tour de force that, while set in a post-apocalyptic, zombie-in-all-but-name-only-infested world, spends a lot of time exploring the humanity of enduring such an environment.

Some reviews have criticized the actual gameplay, but I love it. The game rewards players who can think creatively and act stealthily over those who can shoot the enemies dead the fastest. By other metrics, the game makes no compromises: for a game running on almost 7-year-old hardware, the graphics are stunning, with the writing, voice acting, art direction, soundtrack, and level design all among the absolute best in the video game world.

The game has kept me greatly on edge and had me in tears less than an hour into the game. It has kept me in awe of both the ugliness of many of the areas ravaged by the events of the game and the sheer beauty of those that nature has reclaimed in the absence of meddling from humanity, infected or not.

Games like this and Bioshock Infinite make me optimistic about the future of gaming. The Last of Us is a true masterpiece, ranking among not only among my absolute favorite video games of all time, but among my favorite entries in any art/entertainment medium. It's often gritty and heavy, but it greatly rewards those who enjoy deep, sometimes tragic, character-driven storytelling: the same strategy that networks like HBO and AMC seem to be focusing on with their original content in recent years to much success.

All in all, if the idea of a post-apocalyptic survival game doesn't completely turn you off, you owe it to yourself to play this game.
  23. Jun 14, 2013
    Wow, just wow. Naughty Dog has always been my favourite game developers, why? Because they always succeed with their games. And this game was no exception. Naughty Dog have worked really, really hard with the environment ,story and dialogues, not to mention how the characters move and react. I could see that in the beginning of the game, when the girl moved with quiet steps in the bigWow, just wow. Naughty Dog has always been my favourite game developers, why? Because they always succeed with their games. And this game was no exception. Naughty Dog have worked really, really hard with the environment ,story and dialogues, not to mention how the characters move and react. I could see that in the beginning of the game, when the girl moved with quiet steps in the big house looking for her dad. Maybe not the best description but if you play the game, you will notice) I am absolutely speechless about this game. Every move and everywhere you go, you sort of jump in to the game. I haven't got this feeling since I played the Half-life franchise, which is a pretty old game.
    I understand why this game got over 50 perfect scores. This and three other Naughty Dog games is on my number 10 list, with this one going number 1 and Jak II: Renegade going number 2 I can only say that Naughty Dog, you just made another masterpiece!
  24. Jun 15, 2013
    This game is absolutely amazing. All around amazing!! I just recommend to at least give it a try before you make your own decision. From start to finish this game is incredible, amazing story which is expected since this game comes from the same studio that developed uncharted (naughtydog). Visuals are fantastic, fighting and stealth kills are very unique and fun. I will not be surprisedThis game is absolutely amazing. All around amazing!! I just recommend to at least give it a try before you make your own decision. From start to finish this game is incredible, amazing story which is expected since this game comes from the same studio that developed uncharted (naughtydog). Visuals are fantastic, fighting and stealth kills are very unique and fun. I will not be surprised if this game wins a tone of goty awards. This is definitely my game of the year. Like I said before it is definitely worth playing for yourself. Expand
  25. Jun 15, 2013
    Let's see... Do you like story-driven games with immersive voice acting/cut-scenes and great gameplay? If yes, then this game is for you. The Last of Us is one of the best games this gen and I recommend to every (real) gamer out there. Have fun!
  26. Jun 14, 2013
    For me this is another masterpiece game from Naughty Dog Studio. This time we are living in apocalyptic times which means...if you like walking dead or other zombie/survival movies you will love this game. Graphics are outstanding and characters, as always, absolutely brilliant. The best thing is the "reality" of atmosphere. Usually in apocalyptic games or movies there is an arsenal ofFor me this is another masterpiece game from Naughty Dog Studio. This time we are living in apocalyptic times which means...if you like walking dead or other zombie/survival movies you will love this game. Graphics are outstanding and characters, as always, absolutely brilliant. The best thing is the "reality" of atmosphere. Usually in apocalyptic games or movies there is an arsenal of guns and stuff here you have to think how to survive a battle. That's something new in games.
    If you considering to buy a new ps4 console, you have to play that game. It's definitely one of the best games on this generation.
  27. Jun 14, 2013
    This game delivers everything you want and need in a game to make it a masterpiece a emotionally investing story and characters, stunning visuals, and tense and immersive gameplay! This is a must buy for anybody!!
  28. Jun 19, 2013
    This game is truly fantastic. It deserves every bit of praise that it gets but unlike other reviews I'm going to try and simply break down why. Firstly it's an action game, so it's a 1010 action game, not the greatest game of all time, out of every genre. So what's important in an action game? Action right? The gunning feels more realistic than any other TPS I've experienced so far, andThis game is truly fantastic. It deserves every bit of praise that it gets but unlike other reviews I'm going to try and simply break down why. Firstly it's an action game, so it's a 1010 action game, not the greatest game of all time, out of every genre. So what's important in an action game? Action right? The gunning feels more realistic than any other TPS I've experienced so far, and every weapon is so unique to handle it actually feels like you're carrying a real assortment. What about AI? Humans will come up behind you in a matter of seconds to shoot you from behind, if they can't get behind you, they will throw a molotov at you with pensive precision. What about stealth? Clickers must be dealt with by crouching and not walking but creeping, if they hear a loud footstep they will come charging, and on contact you will die instantly. Not only is the challenge there but it feels so nerve-racking no matter where you go. Humans can also be dealt with stealthily, choking them to do, wasting no resources, or if you choose, move past everything, like something out of MGS. Combat it's there as well, numerous objects can be used as melee weapons, a bat will take a few hits down someone with a combo, whereas a blade might take just one to kill. You can even reinforce weapons with blades to cause one hit kills on Clickers. hear you asking about the rest... Graphics? It's Naughty Dog, so check. Music? Does the perfect job of building atmosphere instead of sounding like a Hollywood movie check. Story there is nothing I can say here that won't spoil things but as soon as it gets moving there is no pointless banter, just one breathtaking moment after the next. Longevity? Yes, there are comics, artefacts and firefly dog-tags to find, numerous difficulty levels and the ability to upgrade Joel in a slightly-action RPG fashion to your liking.

What I'm trying to say is that as an action game, it has it all and then some. It improves on almost all facets of an action game. Whereas others are becoming more casualized and more scripted and shorter and shorter, ND takes us in the opposite direction, with a challenging, punishing, absolutely enthralling experience that does not let up until it is over. With an original multiplayer element to boot.
    I hope I have given a little more insight into why this game is so praised. Also kudos to Sony for letting ND do what they want it has paid in spades and so it should.
  29. Jun 15, 2013
    the only people giving this a rating lower 8 are fake ps3 owners aka xbox fanboys... this is one of the best games ever made to date... its a masterpiece. This game is what a true survival game should be... you should be sneaking around and you should be thinking about is it worth it firing this gun.
  30. Jun 14, 2013
    This game has an excelent history, the relation of Joel and Ellie are fascinating. The graphics are amazing too, considering the limits of PS3. It´s not an open world game, but its wonderful.
  31. Jun 14, 2013
    Riveting graphic, intense storyline and relentless awesomeness. Kudos to Naughty Dog for making such a great game of all times. Looking forward to see more games like this.
  32. Jun 14, 2013
    Actually i dident wanna give this game a 10/10, why? well because this game is BRILLIANT! but no perfect! this game sets the bar for other games in the future, but it sets the bar high for itsealf as well.. normally in other games you would look past that the AI sometimes acts a bit wird, like not seeing your AI friend, though i must say it does not do that often!! but the game itself isActually i dident wanna give this game a 10/10, why? well because this game is BRILLIANT! but no perfect! this game sets the bar for other games in the future, but it sets the bar high for itsealf as well.. normally in other games you would look past that the AI sometimes acts a bit wird, like not seeing your AI friend, though i must say it does not do that often!! but the game itself is such a high standart that you can't ignore it like in other games! this games is THE best narrative story game ever!! you get attach to this game like no other and you really feel their pain and love from the characters, the graph is stunning and the gameplay is fantastic! i would love to give this game perhaps 9.8, meaning it is so freaking good, but not perfect! but when you see Reviews from former Xbox loosers who rates it 0 or 4.. thats so dumb.. its so freaking dumb, and thats why i have to give it a full 10!! its like a film guy who loves titanic gets to review Resident evil.. dont.. this game is the best PS3 game, and possibly the best console game ever made! dont miss out! Expand
  33. Jun 14, 2013
    The Last Of Us is officially the best game I have ever played. The story is outstanding and brilliant the moment the game starts it hooks you in with the magnificent story. Naughty dog has done an absolute outstanding job with this game and it shows through out the game. The graphics is brilliant and stunning in beauty. The Game play is brilliant the best game play i have ever seen in aThe Last Of Us is officially the best game I have ever played. The story is outstanding and brilliant the moment the game starts it hooks you in with the magnificent story. Naughty dog has done an absolute outstanding job with this game and it shows through out the game. The graphics is brilliant and stunning in beauty. The Game play is brilliant the best game play i have ever seen in a game and the controls is extremely smooth and easy to learn. If you have played all 3 uncharted games and thought they were good wait until you play the last of us you will not be disappointed.The last of us is the game to beat for game the year. If you loved uncharted I recommend strongly you play the last of us it will leave you hooked and glued to your TV screen for hours upon hours. I f you have an Xbox 360 trade it in get a PS3 and play this game no Xbox game will ever be as good as the last of us. If naughty dog created such and amazing game that even the critics have given it top scores I cannot wait to see what naughty dog has in store for us in the future. Expand
  34. Jun 14, 2013
    this is not a game.. this story is a real life.. i love this studio and thanks SONY for everything.. after the best game of history (uncharted 3) this.. and i don't now how of this two is better.. thank you ND... thank you sony.. hater please don't ruin the game with 1.. please it is a shame..
  35. Jun 14, 2013
    This game is simply amazing. Naughty Dog is one of the best video game developers in the world, and they continuously keep producing masterpieces like this. This is a must buy for every PS3 owner.
  36. Jun 14, 2013
    It made me cry game is awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Characters ,graphics,history everything is great about this game everything
  37. Jun 15, 2013
    There is nothing bad I can say about this game. It was fun to play, it hit you where it counts, and it made you genuinely care for the characters. A perfect 10 out of 10 in my opinion.
  38. Jun 14, 2013
    Awesome story
    Fun gameplay
    Tense feeling
    And very detailed graphics. Not so good lucking, but very detailed!!
    And Ellie is so lovely!

Am must play for every gamer!
  39. Jun 15, 2013
    Although this games story isn't no more than 20 hours long. It is perhaps one of the best games of 2013. It just has alot of emotion in the story and makes the entire single player experience one of a lifetime. The main characters Joel and Ellie are developed really well. They feel very human and alive which makes the story pop out even more. I haven't tried multiplayer yet, but afterAlthough this games story isn't no more than 20 hours long. It is perhaps one of the best games of 2013. It just has alot of emotion in the story and makes the entire single player experience one of a lifetime. The main characters Joel and Ellie are developed really well. They feel very human and alive which makes the story pop out even more. I haven't tried multiplayer yet, but after finishing the story I already feel I got my moneys worth.

If people don't like this game then joke is on them, because without a doubt in my personal opinion this is the best game in 2013.
  40. Jun 14, 2013
    Anyone rating this under 90. 2 word can characterize him. Lobotomy and sterilization. This game has all the elements of survival. If you are act first and think later kind of gamer then this game might not be for you. Patience and strategy and careful planning filled with mature content make this game GREAT
  41. Jun 14, 2013
    Developer Naughty Dog has added "The Last of Us" to its pristine resume, which has become one of the more prestigious in all of video games. The PlayStation 3 game, which arrives in stores Friday, tells the heartfelt story of Joel and Ellie trying to survive in a world filled with death and woe. It's 20 years in the future, and the human race has been overrun by a parasitic infection thatDeveloper Naughty Dog has added "The Last of Us" to its pristine resume, which has become one of the more prestigious in all of video games. The PlayStation 3 game, which arrives in stores Friday, tells the heartfelt story of Joel and Ellie trying to survive in a world filled with death and woe. It's 20 years in the future, and the human race has been overrun by a parasitic infection that turns people into zombie-like husks that hunt other humans. There is no cure, and the goal for the few remaining humans is to survive.

Joel is an experienced smuggler, an occupation that is strictly forbidden by his quarantine zone's military rule. He is employed by the Fireflies, an organization that fights against the military, to smuggle Ellie across the country. Joel isn't interested in what the Fireflies want with Ellie until details come to light that make this job the most important he's ever taken. The story of "The Last of Us" follows these central characters for a year, as their bond grows during their cross-country journey. This opens opportunities to not only explore the depth of these characters, but also show off post-apocalyptic versions of American locales. The trek begins in Boston and lands in Colorado and Salt Lake City, as well as a lengthy stay in Pittsburgh.

Recognizable Steel City landmarks include the U.S. Steel Tower and the BNY Mellon Center Downtown, along with nods to the Strip District and Fort Pitt Bridge, but the breathtaking art is just background for the human elements on display.

Joel and Ellie's storylines change throughout the game's 13- to 15-hour tenure. In a world overrun with horrific zombie-like creatures, the focus is almost always on the humans. The characters not the infected drive the plot. Much like "The Walking Dead" game and television show, the writers of "The Last of Us" realized that humans are much more intriguing than the mindless zombies around them. The gameplay keeps up with the presentation and narrative. Whether Joel is up against the infected or humans, stealth is key because ammunition is scarce. Quietly taking down foes is a key to success. When that fails, guns are needed, and Joel comes to acquire plenty of them. Being low on ammunition provides an added challenge to the game's combat, but that makes progressing all the more satisfying.

Naughty Dog has created a console-defining masterpiece in "The Last of Us." It achieves the perfect balance between thrilling action and emotional storytelling. It arrived as one of the most hyped games of the year, and it delivers conclusively.
  42. Jun 14, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Eu não sei o que eu posso dizer sobre este jogo, sem revelar nada, mas vou dizer-lhe que facilmente entre os dez primeiros jogos que eu joguei, e joguei um monte de jogos bons, também os personagens de Joel e Ellie são absolutamente brilhante, acho que Ellie tem uma premissa tão incrível, e Joel parece ter sido afetado pela infecção de uma forma bastante realista. A única b ad coisa que posso dizer sobre este jogo que, como bom como eu não acho que para todo mundo, algumas pessoas podem ser adiadas pela atmosfera e violência dentro do jogo, enquanto alguns vão amá-lo pelo mesmo motivo. Se você está pensando em comprar este jogo, então eu recomendo comprá-lo. Expand
  43. Jun 15, 2013
    Look, without spoiling anything, I will just say this: The Last of Us is one of the best games of all time, no exaggeration. If you're a (real) gamer you will enjoy this. I don't recommend for those that don't pay attention to stories though, because Story is the best thing about this game. Buy this masterpiece!
  44. Jun 14, 2013
    How can anyone give this game a "60"? TLoU is one of the best games i've ever played.
  45. Jun 14, 2013
    This is my first review on meta-critic and for a damn good reason! The Last Of Us is unbelievable, amazing, and epic and solidifies why I play games! This is one of the top games I have played in my entire life and got me very emotionally involved.. For once I am happy to say I receiveded more than what I payed for.. 10/10
  46. Jun 14, 2013
    Story/premise: The Last of Us plot is unpredictable and truly terrifying, but it's about the two main characters, Joel and Ellie as they form a father/daughter relationship as they traverse through a post-apocalyptic United States claimed by nature. The story is dark and brutal, more so than any other game that I've ever played before. The infected in this game
    is something unprecedented
    is something unprecedented in the post-apocalytpic genre, as the humans are mutated and infected by a fungus known as Cordyceps.

Visuals: The visuals of the Last of Us is beautiful and stunning. The textures are so rich in detail. Everything from the foliage, to the characters, to the world's objects are rife with details that one would think it's impossible for an 8 year old hardware to pump such impressive visuals. It might not be a huge leap from how Uncharted: Drake's Fortune to Uncharted 2: Among Thieves was, but it is certainy a leap, nonetheless. But that is to be expected from a developer that pushed the boundaries of graphics ahead of any game on consoles. It safe to say that The Last of Us in some way surpasses Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception, many would agree this is the best looking game on consoles, and I agree.
    Considering how Naughty Dog used every juice left in the PS3's aging hardware, it definitely is the best looking game on consoles.

Gameplay: The gameplay is as I expected. Although to some it may not be fun due to the fact that the combat is supposed to be in a way realistic. Joel is a veteran, brutal and ruthless survivor, but that does not make him a super-solider where he could aim a gun with 100% accuracy, that's not to be expected from a game like The Last of Us.
    Joel wobbles and has a sense of weight as he aims with his guns that he acquires throughout his journey, and that adds a sense of desperation and tension to the combat, it's really fun and challenging at the same time. But, of course, you could always improve the aiming and lessen the wobbly-ness by upgrading your skills by acquiring supplements throughout the game's
    world. The crafting system is one of the best I've ever seen in a game, it's also all in real-time, so that adds another sense of tension as you have to be careful when to craft items. Fortunately, you're able to upgrade your skills to quickly craft an item. That being said, you're not able to upgrade all of Joel's skills at one-playthrough, so this encourages
    players to play again through the New Game Plus option that retains your skills and upgrades from the previous saved game.
    The close melee combat in the game is also brutal as you're able to pick up planks, pipes and hatchets and even upgrade them with spikes and barbed wires. It's effective to a certain extent, as the weapons you carried can break after a certain amount of hits than you've dealt to an enemy. The durability and strength of each weapon varies.
    The gameplay also gives you the option to whether go in guns-blazing, but that's kind of a bad idea as ammos are scarce or if a player prefers to play stealthly. I can say that the stealth aspect of the game is fun. Joel can go into a Listen Mode that gives a highlight to enemies near by that makes sound, that adds another way for you to plan your next move and strategize.
    You also have the ability to crouch this time around and the cover system is much more dynamic than what we're used to in the Uncharted games. Keep in mind that the Clickers are able to kill you in one bite, so you have to be careful, but you're still able to kill them with a shiv. Both the infecteds and the human conflicts and encounters are both equally challenging as the dynamic AI is unlike anything I've seen before.
    Ellie does occasionally help by throwing a bottle or brick at an enemy when Joel is in danger, she'd also come running to you to help you as she stabs an enemy to free you. The same goes to other secondary characters that'll join in the adventure for a awhile. Replayability in this game is what you'd expect from games like the Uncharted series, with a lot of collectibles to find. The game took me literally 25 hours to complete as I was scouring every nook and cranny in the game for supplies. This is definitely the longest game, Naughty Dog has ever made. Add multiplayer, and you've got yourself a game worth purchasing.
    Sound design: The sound design is astonishing and highly detailed in basically everything, but most of all is the terrifying sound of the Runners and Clickers that'll surely keep some players' heart pumping as they hear the clicking sound of a Clicker. Soundtrack is emotional and stunning.

This game is a masterpiece and I can see why, with all the praise and perfect scores it garnered, this is one of the greatest game of this generation and probably of all time and one that'll surely be discussed for years to come. I give this game a perfect score. The ending certainly got me thinking for days, it was something unpredictable.
  47. Jun 14, 2013
    In short, this is "THE BEST GAME I HAVE EVER PLAYED IN MY LIFE"
    A perfect masterpiece in every aspect.
    Great gameplay.... fun, intense, realistic, and challenging ! Brilliant story, filled with a lot of emotions that will keep you so attached to this game and its characters ! Outstanding graphics, amazing and realistic animations, and breathtaking cut-scenes ! A remarkable
    In short, this is "THE BEST GAME I HAVE EVER PLAYED IN MY LIFE"
    A perfect masterpiece in every aspect.

Great gameplay.... fun, intense, realistic, and challenging !

A remarkable experience that you would never forget
  48. Jun 14, 2013
    i am amazed at Sony for putting out a must own masterpiece at the end of every console cycle. The PS2 had God of War 2 and now PS3 has The Last of Us. I felt i was in a post apocalyptic world and that doom was right around the corner at every moment. The thrills and scares in this game are perfect, the graphics are mind blowing, and the acting and story just rival block buster movies toi am amazed at Sony for putting out a must own masterpiece at the end of every console cycle. The PS2 had God of War 2 and now PS3 has The Last of Us. I felt i was in a post apocalyptic world and that doom was right around the corner at every moment. The thrills and scares in this game are perfect, the graphics are mind blowing, and the acting and story just rival block buster movies to perfection. Please get this game ASAP and shame on the pathetic nintendo and xbot fanboys spreading hate on the reviews to lower the score... it is so stupid when everyone knows the last of us eclipses any crap from the other consoles Expand
  49. Jun 17, 2013
    After the first 3 hours or so, this game really opens up. It's boring til that point, but then becomes something you can't put down. The graphics are beautiful and the story is incredibly well-written. You feel a bond with them and genuinely want to see them succeed.
  50. Jun 17, 2013
    Boy was I wrong in my initial review. This is by far the most stunning game I have ever played. Yes the game at times gets very repetitive (look for things sneak around repeat) and graphics (not design) are a bit outdated but can't really score it low because the level design, characters and game are just the best. I love how the characters emotions grow and change throughout the game.Boy was I wrong in my initial review. This is by far the most stunning game I have ever played. Yes the game at times gets very repetitive (look for things sneak around repeat) and graphics (not design) are a bit outdated but can't really score it low because the level design, characters and game are just the best. I love how the characters emotions grow and change throughout the game.

I really hope naughty dog work a bit harder on the game play next time and change it up so it isn't just about looking for materials for crafting and sneaking around. Otherwise the game is perfect. Best PS3 game by far. I thought Uncharted 2 would be my fond memory of my ps3 but The Last of Us gives us an amazing farewell to the current generation of consoles.
  51. Jul 29, 2013
    From my perspective, and in my opinion, this is one of the best paced games ever produced. Every level has meaning and makes sense in why you are doing what you are doing. Every character has depth and emotion. Every minute of gameplay is engrossing and enjoyable. In all an unforgettable game.
  52. Nov 26, 2013
    This is one of my all time favorite games, such a flawless game probally naughty dogs best game yet. Hopefully they will continue this franchise on the ps4.
  53. Aug 2, 2013
    This game is the PS3's masterpiece, and also its best farewell gift. Never before in this generation of consoles I've felt so much excitement, joy, sadness and involvement. This is more than a game, it's an experience. Even when completed, you'll frequently find yourself thinking about Joel and Ellie, what they went through together, the people they met, and who they become.

Thank you so much Naughty Dog. I can't wait to discover what you will gift us with on the PS4
  54. Jan 2, 2014
    The Last Of Us is a benchmark in storytelling, characters, atmosphere, and gameplay. How long has it been since we got a zombie(-esque) game with a story we really care about? Naughty Dog took a genre that had been limited to "exploding heads and that's it" and created a true masterpiece.

I'm sure you've heard enough about how fantastic the story is, but not enough can be said about it. It would be a tremendous mistake to buy this game and skip all the cutscenes. The pacing and storytelling are brilliantly done and oscar-worthy. The casting for the voice actors was done carefully, and each and everyone delivers an incredible and believable performance. And I mean that. From Joel and Ellie, to random bandits, to even the infected who can still scream incoherent phrases. Each and every character is done extremely well. The story itself is dark and unexpected. For the first time in a while I felt like anything could happen. Any character could die, there was no one who was going to make it out of this game alive for certain. And that's a wonderful thing.

When you're not marvelling at the brilliantly crafted story, you're immersing yourself in a true survival experience. Playing this game on easy would be another mistake. Moderating your ammo, picking and choosing whether to engage in combat or sneak past, crafting explosives and melee weapons out of parts you find on the ground or in cupboards. It all seems so real, and so fun. There are parts when the gameplay falls a bit flat. Sequences where you need to sneak carefully to avoid clickers often results in your companion obnoxiously stomping around or speaking in a normal voice. While this doesn't actually affect you in any way, it really breaks immersion and tension.

Graphically, the game comes close to challenging some games on the next gen. It's gorgeous, and has some of the best lush environments and lighting I've seen. It creates beautiful vibrant environments when it needs to, and throws you into a dark, broken, and drab world when it suits the story. It constantly reminds you what has happened to this world and never breaks the realm of reality. The character models are done extremely well too. I've never seen such accurate and realistic facial and body movements in and out of cutscenes.

A small thing that's worth mentioning as well is the soundtrack. Gustavo Santaolalla has composed a brilliant soundtrack that's simple, but so emotional. They're used perfectly in the right moments and are never overbearing. It subtly creates an incredible atmosphere and it's the only gaming soundtrack to date that I have downloaded and listened to over and over again.

When the story mode of The Last Of Us is done, the game is far from over. Naughty Dog put a lot of effort into an extremely underrated and unique multiplayer experience that doesn't at all fell like an afterthought. With an array of weapons, perks, challenges, and survivors to keep alive, the multiplayer is guaranteed to keep you entertained for a good while.

Overall, The Last Of Us is among the very few games that deserves a 10 and nothing else. Sony couldn't have ended the generation of the PS3 any better
  55. Jun 16, 2013
    The Last of Us is astonishingly beautiful and utterly compelling in every way. Ellie and Joel are fantastic characters, and few other games can produce such edge of the seat moments whilst maintaining the level of near silence that this does.
    Masterpiece game
  56. Jun 25, 2013
    A true work of art. With superb graphics, gameplay, story and characters, this amazing game blows me away at every level. This game probably didn't deserve a full 10(thanks to the bugs), but between 10 and 9 i go with ten. If I had more choice, I would give the game a 9.9

SPOILERS________________________________________________________________________ I now want to discuss the

I now want to discuss the ending. Sparking controversy, the ending showed Joel "stealing" Ellie away and straight up lying to her face. I personaly think that the ending was perfect. It showed the damage of Joel's expirience a lot of depth. It was a fitting ending to a superb game!
  57. Aug 17, 2013
    The People reviewing this game really make me believe they are trolls. This game is one of thegreatest games ever made, the story is compelling, the characters are really likeable, the graphics are incredible and the twists and turns on the way keep you interested as the story unfolds. I would easily rate this game 11/10 as itis simply a complete masterclass in every aspect. Anyone thatThe People reviewing this game really make me believe they are trolls. This game is one of thegreatest games ever made, the story is compelling, the characters are really likeable, the graphics are incredible and the twists and turns on the way keep you interested as the story unfolds. I would easily rate this game 11/10 as itis simply a complete masterclass in every aspect. Anyone that hasn't played this game yet really is missing out on a massive scale. This game will be talked about in years to come and known as the game that saved the horror genre. To finish up I really believe Naughty Dog are the best in the business for story telling along beside Rockstar, but for your average or daily gamer, I can't reccomend this game any higher, I have been gaming for over 15 years and my experience on games is varied so I do know what I am talking about, this is a must have. Expand
  58. Mar 21, 2014
    Naughty Dog has done it again! Another masterpiece that I'm thankful I played all throughout. The story is what makes this game really good, the characters are well developed along with the great voice acting, but the gameplay is great as well. A mix of Uncharted and Resident Evil I must say. The multiplayer is unique and heart pumping! But the game itself is worth buying just for theNaughty Dog has done it again! Another masterpiece that I'm thankful I played all throughout. The story is what makes this game really good, the characters are well developed along with the great voice acting, but the gameplay is great as well. A mix of Uncharted and Resident Evil I must say. The multiplayer is unique and heart pumping! But the game itself is worth buying just for the campaign mode. A must-play Expand
  59. Sep 5, 2013
    This is a truly brilliant game. Most of the brilliance comes from the story and the way in which it is told. More brilliance comes from the way you engage with the story through gameplay, and the compelling emotion which the game is able to make you feel the entire way through. You really get to feel what the characters are feeling and you can empathise with their situations.

An often

An often overlooked part of a game is its audio. The Last of Us does a superb job with a fitting score. The audio is also very important gameplay wise as the infected will react to the sounds you are producing, and for the player it is very important to be able to hear when they are coming towards you from around a corner. The quality of the audio is excellent, accompanied with excellent voice actors who really mean what they are saying.

The graphics are also excellent for a current-generation game. The environments are beautiful and if you stop and smell the roses then you will see the amazing amount of detail which they have managed to cram into every area. It really feels like you are in a post-apocalyptic world.

The Last of Us is an experience which you won't forget.
  60. Aug 28, 2013
    This game is as close to perfect as any game to date. The story is compelling and a tension unmatched in any other zombie games. I am normally bored by stealth games but the threat of immediate death makes you creep like you've never crept before. Light moments also release the pressure and give your pulse a chance to go down. I sold this game as soon as I completed it as I didn't want toThis game is as close to perfect as any game to date. The story is compelling and a tension unmatched in any other zombie games. I am normally bored by stealth games but the threat of immediate death makes you creep like you've never crept before. Light moments also release the pressure and give your pulse a chance to go down. I sold this game as soon as I completed it as I didn't want to taint the story. Loved this game, bring on a new story in a sequel. Expand
  61. Aug 5, 2013
    This game is a beutiful piece of art just not for gamers but for all type off people. This could even be a movie....but its bettter. Till the little conversations with Ellie till smashing a guys head with a rock this game is amazing. When I didnt had the game I thought...humn looks boring after a while...Well I was wrong I didnt finished the game but im almost and I gotta say this game isThis game is a beutiful piece of art just not for gamers but for all type off people. This could even be a movie....but its bettter. Till the little conversations with Ellie till smashing a guys head with a rock this game is amazing. When I didnt had the game I thought...humn looks boring after a while...Well I was wrong I didnt finished the game but im almost and I gotta say this game is worth 60 euros. I got it borrewed but if I knew back then and had the money I woulod have it bought Expand
  62. Jul 28, 2013
    Just wow. A true mater piece. I like to compare it to the likes of The Shadow of the Colossus, as in it's the perfect swansong for the PS3, as Shadow was to the PS2. Naughty Dog really hit the nail on the head with this one!
  63. Oct 10, 2013
    This is the best console game I have ever played. Great from beginning to end. It really has it all. Nice to see after the disappointingly short and easy 3rd installment of Uncharted. The character development is exceptional, the game-play fantastic, and well balanced. Very, very good.
  64. Jun 22, 2013
    ok lets get something straight that most gamers don't get. yes this game is WAY overhyped. This was one reason why i was reluctant to play it. the shooting is wonky, ai ranges from stupid to smart, some enemies seem unfair( those stupid bloaters), but this game is still a great game and is one of my favorites. the story is well told and emotional all the way through, the characters areok lets get something straight that most gamers don't get. yes this game is WAY overhyped. This was one reason why i was reluctant to play it. the shooting is wonky, ai ranges from stupid to smart, some enemies seem unfair( those stupid bloaters), but this game is still a great game and is one of my favorites. the story is well told and emotional all the way through, the characters are expertly voiced and likeable. Ellie is really the star of this game. she is a great, smart character and also a total badass who isnt afraid to do what it takes to survive. her protector joel who is the main player character, is a rugged badass who is tasked with escorting ellie to the fireflies. the journey is worth experiencing so many twist and turns occur which help develop joel and ellie as characters. they joke, talk, and protect each other all the way through and as joel and ellie get to know one another their relationship changes from total strangers to a father daughter relationship. kudos to naughtydog for crafting such a wonderful experience. it sure is overhyped and i dont think it should get goty (watchdogs or gta v FTW!) but it needs to be experienced by anyone who has a ps3 and likes to experience a well told story with likeable characters. joel and ellie's apocalyptic survivor story is worth the price of admission. Expand
  65. Jun 18, 2013
    This game is just one-of-the-kind, experience you will face here is not in any game or on any console or PC so far. Simply this is one of the best game ever made. And yes its GAME so there is not half an hour cutscene and ten minutes of gameplay but its more like interactive movie. Interesting is how conversations are made in-game and there are not cutscenes for each talk. Gamelpay isThis game is just one-of-the-kind, experience you will face here is not in any game or on any console or PC so far. Simply this is one of the best game ever made. And yes its GAME so there is not half an hour cutscene and ten minutes of gameplay but its more like interactive movie. Interesting is how conversations are made in-game and there are not cutscenes for each talk. Gamelpay is unbelievable fun, you can craft a lot stuff for surviving, upgrade your weaponry and explore this incredible world of the last of us. Simply strong perfect characters, emotional solid story, enormous gameplay, beautiful apocalyptic world... Expand
  66. Jan 4, 2014
    The characters and how their relationships are built throughout the game is worthy of the highest praise. The plot plays second fiddle and simply provides an interesting context for the game's content. The Last Of Us is a great character study and there are a number of subtle moments between Ellie and Joel that really stand out.

My only gripe is the deaf and blind response of the enemy

My only gripe is the deaf and blind response of the enemy AI to your companion AI when in stealth mode. Admittedly it's not a game-breaker but it certainly put a damper on the immersion factor when it did occur. As I said, this is the game's only real problem and everything else is exceptional. Unflinchingly violent, nerve wracking and as poignant as a video game can be.
  67. Jun 18, 2013
  68. Jun 18, 2013
    the last of us fantastico não só o melhor game que joguei na vida como tbm oque mais me aprofundou na historia otimos graficos jogabilidade perfeita tem seus defeitos aqui e ali mais não estraga o game esse ano o goty com certeza dele joguei muitos games nessa geração mais esse ai foi o melhor da minha vida ND e sony estão de parabens pelo grande feito!!! feichando com have dethe last of us fantastico não só o melhor game que joguei na vida como tbm oque mais me aprofundou na historia otimos graficos jogabilidade perfeita tem seus defeitos aqui e ali mais não estraga o game esse ano o goty com certeza dele joguei muitos games nessa geração mais esse ai foi o melhor da minha vida ND e sony estão de parabens pelo grande feito!!! feichando com have de ouro a era ps3 esse game n deve levar apenas goty ele pode ser o game da geração!!!!!! Expand
  69. Jun 23, 2013
    7 YEARS of development went into this game... 7 years of correct judgement. This game is the only one to make me feel the emotions of the characters and feel like i needed to do something; it felt like it was real. I'm not going to say that i cried, and that's not to say my eyes did not water. The music in this game depicts the emotion and makes it sink deeper. This game is a major7 YEARS of development went into this game... 7 years of correct judgement. This game is the only one to make me feel the emotions of the characters and feel like i needed to do something; it felt like it was real. I'm not going to say that i cried, and that's not to say my eyes did not water. The music in this game depicts the emotion and makes it sink deeper. This game is a major milestone for me. I hope that more games would be so involved as this one. This game is going to make people look deep inside themselves and see that even if you feel like you are 10 meters under you just need to keep fighting for something; to never lose hope. Expand
  70. Aug 13, 2013
    The Last Of Us Review By Charlie Savidge CNSavidge

Story The Last Of Us truly is a great game, its amazing, in fact a masterpiece all of these words describe the graphically beautiful, but yet ugly grim reality that is portrayed in this game. And its not just another zombie game, here's why. In the game you take the place of a 20 year Survivor of The Bacterial Outbreak called
    The Last Of Us Review By Charlie Savidge CNSavidge

Story

The Last Of Us truly is a great game, its amazing, in fact a masterpiece all of these words describe the graphically beautiful, but yet ugly grim reality that is portrayed in this game. And its not just another zombie game, here's why. In the game you take the place of a 20 year Survivor of The Bacterial Outbreak called Ophiocordyceps, named Joel. He use to be a normal every day person with a job and a family. But since the outbreak, his life has gone to hell. We then learn about what he is been doing for the past 20 Years. He has been smuggling goods to different parts of the quarantine zone past security to make a living. All government is gone, all there is, is martial law, the currency has been changed to rations, so that people that work harder get more things, but it isn't anything to care a lot about, this isn't a world worth living in. There is little to no hope in this world. But this is where we find the little hope there is. This being the second Main Protagonist in the story, Ellie. Ellie is different and full of hope even though all the people she knew died, she is still very optimistic. She has morals but she doesn't know any better she never lived in the world we live in. All she knows is this world with the infected and living in a permanent quartine zone. There are moments where she questions what we did in our time that she finds Weird such as an Ice Cream Truck. Her interactions with Joel portray them as having an almost Father Daughter relationship. And there side conversations make the characterization that much better. I'm not going to say much else to avoid spoilers, as it is an experience you will want to immerse yourself in. Because the story is important to this game, and the game portrays it in a way we can all relate to in ways such as death.

Gameplay

The Gameplay is Stellar, it lives up to expectations of a PS3 NaughtyDog Game. Apart from the One AI glitch I encountered, the AI seems very realistic. The humans care about their lives they hide behind cover when fired at. The more brutally you kill someone the more cautious they are about running up to you. As for the Infected will run at you just trying to kill you. The Infected stop feeling fear in their second stage. the third stage, the clicker is probably the most terrifying thing I've ever faced in a video game. If they get on you, you're done for good. The horrifying noises the infected make really add to the immersion of the game. You use an abundance of weapons everything between a brick to a flamethrower, but ammo is scarce, forcing you to craft your own weapons, and your decisions can help or hurt you, choosing between a Molotov or a health pack is just one of the vital choices the game forces you to make. And crafting in real time always has you feeling on edge. You can also upgrade your weapons at a work bench, also hard between choosing to upgrade your fire rate our add another gun holster.

Online Multiplayer

The Online is surprisingly great, you choose your load out and only get a few bullets and you find cases so you can craft weapons, like in the story. You can also buy armor,ammo, and guns in the menu waiting to respawn or in real time. The matches are 4V4 and the maps are large, stealth remains a huge factor. If you go in guns blazing you will die, even running shows you on the map. Personally this is one of my favorite multiplayers I've ever played, but it's just the icing to the cake to The Last Of Us's Story.

The Verdict

The Last Of Us is one of the best games I've ever played, and it will be for a long time to come. it has beautiful graphics, along with one of the best stories ever in video games, the story isn't just a story this game, the game presents itself in a realistic portrayal of things that we can all relate to and understand such as death and the love you have for family. With addicting gameplay and one of my favorite multiplayers I've ever played, this game is truly a Masterpiece and truly is one of the greatest games of all time. I give it a 10/10
  71. Aug 4, 2013
    Naughty Dog hit it out of the park with this one. This is the best game I've played to date. The main characters Joel and Ellie are absolutely phenomenal characters. The human emotion of the game will suck you in from the start. It's very hard to write about the game without giving anything away. All I can say is buy this game. I thought it would be a one and done, but I found myselfNaughty Dog hit it out of the park with this one. This is the best game I've played to date. The main characters Joel and Ellie are absolutely phenomenal characters. The human emotion of the game will suck you in from the start. It's very hard to write about the game without giving anything away. All I can say is buy this game. I thought it would be a one and done, but I found myself playing it again in case I missed anything. I would very much like to see a sequel. Expand
  72. Aug 8, 2013
    I'm not even going to write a review. I played the game three damn times. Worth $60 at that point. Multiplayer to boot. Best campaign I have played in years. Anyone that gives this game less than an 8 has sand in their crotch and the taste of a pre-pubescent, CoD whoring, Mt. Dew drinking child.
  73. Aug 19, 2013
    The hardened survivor Joel must lead a young girl named Ellie across post-apocalyptic America. That is the bare bones of the amazing game known as the Last of Us. The game made by the astounding developer Naughty Dog. The story is pretty good, with two factions battling for control of America while an infectious fungus ravages America. It is well done, but not ground breaking. The gameThe hardened survivor Joel must lead a young girl named Ellie across post-apocalyptic America. That is the bare bones of the amazing game known as the Last of Us. The game made by the astounding developer Naughty Dog. The story is pretty good, with two factions battling for control of America while an infectious fungus ravages America. It is well done, but not ground breaking. The game play is intense and brutal. You fight two types of enemies in the game: infected and humans. When fighting the infected, the game takes more of a survival horror. Without spoiling anything, I have a complaint about one of the enemies found later in the game. No, it's not because they were too hard, or too scary. They just felt like something that would be better put in a Left 4 Dead game rather than the Last of Us. Onto the Humans. The humans felt realistic and acted like would real survivors would react if the apocalypse really happened. Though, I felt a bit disappointed by them after watching the E3 Game play Video. It showed them more human and relate able due to more dialogue in the video. But despite this, they were very well put together. The A.I was very good for infected in my first play through. Game play overall was really good. But the star of the show is the characters. Don't expect any stereotypical characters in The Last of Us. All of them are well voice acted and believable. Especially Ellie, your potty mouthed companion.
    In the end, The Last of Us is an amazing game with great characters and game play. It's not the Game of the Generation, but it is one of the best games I've ever played.
  74. Aug 21, 2013
    Honestly i can't believe that anyone would decide to give it 0... that is just retarded, the game is beautifull, at least aknowledge that. i don't need to say anything that other haven't said about the story and gameplay, but this game kept me hooked like no other game ever before. I have the attention span of 5 year old kid with ADHD, and still my buttcheeks were aching from sittingHonestly i can't believe that anyone would decide to give it 0... that is just retarded, the game is beautifull, at least aknowledge that. i don't need to say anything that other haven't said about the story and gameplay, but this game kept me hooked like no other game ever before. I have the attention span of 5 year old kid with ADHD, and still my buttcheeks were aching from sitting still in the same position for 10 hours straight. If you do not like this you're kind of dull man Expand
  75. Aug 24, 2013
    Masterpiece. This is one of the better games that i play i all my life all is incredible the dynamic game play,graphics,characters,history,ITS SO PERFECT. Another masterpiece make by naughty dog
  76. Aug 30, 2013
    This game needs to be played by everyone. Such a masterpiece. Don't go into the game expecting anything but a bleak, yet beautiful world. The environmental story telling in this game alone is enough to take you into the world imagined by the talented creators at Naughty Dog.
  77. Sep 13, 2013
    incredible, masterpiece best game iv ever played by a long way the game playis amazing and the storyline is absolutely incredible, mind blowing, brilliant
  78. Oct 8, 2013
    Fantastic game, by far one of the best that I have ever played. Sure it may not boast the most intuitive gameplay but that is not to say that there is anything wrong with it. The soundtrack is flawless, the characters are very dynamic and real and the storyline is intriguing. This game easily deserves GOTY.
  79. Oct 5, 2013
    Months later and I am still thinking about this game and the emotional journey it took me on.

Bleak and uplifting at the same time. Mature story telling at its finest.

A masterpiece.
  80. Oct 6, 2013
    Totally masterpiece. Writing, voice acting and especially the story was so awesome story is so emotional game-play is so good not boring not hard totally good. Characters is so deep so dark none of them is cliché good or bad characters
    Could be best game of all time
  81. Oct 8, 2013
    One of the best games I've ever played, PERIOD. It's been amazing to grow up with Naught Dog to see them only getting better and better. Is this their magnum opus? I guess we'll have to wait and see their future projects. However, this is my pick for game of the year and possibly for this console generation; it's just that good. The characters, graphics, story, music, and game play wereOne of the best games I've ever played, PERIOD. It's been amazing to grow up with Naught Dog to see them only getting better and better. Is this their magnum opus? I guess we'll have to wait and see their future projects. However, this is my pick for game of the year and possibly for this console generation; it's just that good. The characters, graphics, story, music, and game play were just all so outstanding. This game is the complete package. It will be always remembered as one of the best games ever made. Expand
  82. Oct 9, 2013
    Easily the best game I've ever played on a ps3 alongside metal gear solid 4....remarkable game!!!

The story is amazing,you will get attached to the characters from beginning of the game,whoever owns a ps3 system,this game is a must BUY,you will love it!!!
  83. Oct 10, 2013
    The Last of Us is an experience that is rarely witnessed in video games. I have never played a video game that has questioned the moral choices of the player, not in a Mass Effect way, but in a way that makes the player wonder if they agree with the actions of Joel and Ellie. And speaking of Ellie, she is one of the all time great female characters in all of media in my opinion: Brave,The Last of Us is an experience that is rarely witnessed in video games. I have never played a video game that has questioned the moral choices of the player, not in a Mass Effect way, but in a way that makes the player wonder if they agree with the actions of Joel and Ellie. And speaking of Ellie, she is one of the all time great female characters in all of media in my opinion: Brave, loyal, funny and arguably, the glue that holds the Joel and Ellie partnership together, something that is greatly questioned and emphasized in the game at a certain moment. In addition, the graphics are supreme, the motion-capture and voice acting is incredible, the tense and dangerous atmosphere and gameplay is a reminder of the early Resident Evil games, and the story is one of the all time greats in any form of media.
    In conclusion, a wonderful, heart-breaking and brutal experience that the people at Naughty Dog should be showered in praise for. This game is one of the all time greats and is a diamond in the crown of Sony and Naughty Dog
  84. Oct 10, 2013
    If you were in a time when the world is coming to an end, and there was a chance to save it why not give up that chance for the ones you love, despite on its costs? Naughty Dog dares to answer that question in making one of the most emotional, brutally violent, understandable experiences I've ever played and that is The Last of Us, one of the most critically-acclaimed games of 2013 thusIf you were in a time when the world is coming to an end, and there was a chance to save it why not give up that chance for the ones you love, despite on its costs? Naughty Dog dares to answer that question in making one of the most emotional, brutally violent, understandable experiences I've ever played and that is The Last of Us, one of the most critically-acclaimed games of 2013 thus far, and again, the best game on the PS3 this year. From the tragic moments of the prologue to the brutal action sequences, unexpected plot twists (deaths, betrayals, and change-of-minds), and the non-easy conclusion (which will not forgotten by those who will or had play it) it was worth playing it all for over (depending on your skill and profession) between 9 and 17 hours of campaign mode. The multiplayer is also a big highlight, as well, but nearly all of its shine comes from the single-player mode, which contains amazing performances (particularly of Troy Baker and Ashley Johnson as our two heroes), an impressive amount of gameplay mixed with an outstanding story, and one of the greatest video game scores of all time. Traveling with Joel and Ellie across the United States is one of the most memorable experiences I've ever had in gaming, and it has been a honor playing Naughty Dog's last love letter to the PS3. Thanks for what you done for this console, Naughty Dog. Now, I have a smile on my face. Expand
  85. Oct 11, 2013
    It was the best game of my entire life.
    1.Awesome story
    2.Well constructed characters
    3.Wonderful places to play and Playing eerie environments
    4.The gameplay is varied and unrepeatable and Innovative
  86. Oct 19, 2013
    Um jogo Otimo.Tenho jogado ele e descobri algumas notas que eu posso dizer: Controles:9.5 Dificuldade:9.7Um jogo Otimo.Tenho jogado ele e descobri algumas notas que eu posso dizer: Controles:9.5 Dificuldade:9.7 Graficos:9.1 Nota final:9.4 Eu pus poucas notas mas o jogo e otimo!!!!!!!!!!! Expand
  87. Add
    Oct 21, 2013
    This is so much more then a game. It's an experience. Truly impressive from start to finish, this is the best of the best in video games period. A must play for any gamer no matter what console you own. Can't say enough about this game..... Just play it.
  88. Oct 27, 2013
    Although it isn't a perfect game, it still is one of the best games ever made. This game takes mechanics from many games, and improves on it without feeling undeveloped and it has seemingly made it's own mechanics. The story follows a great framework with characters being it's driving point, not plot unlike many games today. This game has the right idea of realistic horror, it does notAlthough it isn't a perfect game, it still is one of the best games ever made. This game takes mechanics from many games, and improves on it without feeling undeveloped and it has seemingly made it's own mechanics. The story follows a great framework with characters being it's driving point, not plot unlike many games today. This game has the right idea of realistic horror, it does not bring the jumpscares it brings atmosphere and a real disease in a environment you would likely see in your everyday life.

In short it's likely one of the best games ever made. However preference has made it not my most favorite game of all time but 5th best game of all time. In terms of quality however, it is my number 1 game of all time.
  89. Nov 7, 2013
    An extremely gorgeous, impressive, emotional, action-filled story. It has a lot of weapons, a really varied scenery, a very good gameplay and oustanding graphics. The multiplayer is really enjoyable. The two main characters, Joel and Ellie have a really huge contrast and a really good dynamic. I love the scenes in which Ellie would just say you to anyone she found and Joel would justAn extremely gorgeous, impressive, emotional, action-filled story. It has a lot of weapons, a really varied scenery, a very good gameplay and oustanding graphics. The multiplayer is really enjoyable. The two main characters, Joel and Ellie have a really huge contrast and a really good dynamic. I love the scenes in which Ellie would just say you to anyone she found and Joel would just smash everyone onto the floor. Every moment that wasn´t just action-filled was full of conversations between the protagonists. I think I´ve said it all. Why won´t you buy the game already???!!!! Expand
  90. Nov 9, 2013
    The Last of us was truly a breath taking game for me. from its stunning visuals, story, characters. was amazing this is the kind of games that reminds me of classics such as silent hill, resident evil something that the industry today dosent think we want anymore. the characters joel and ellie are one of my favorite video game characters ever now and i cant get enough of them, usuallyThe Last of us was truly a breath taking game for me. from its stunning visuals, story, characters. was amazing this is the kind of games that reminds me of classics such as silent hill, resident evil something that the industry today dosent think we want anymore. the characters joel and ellie are one of my favorite video game characters ever now and i cant get enough of them, usually women in videogames serve as nothing but a nusaince or are a continues escort mission such as RE4. but ellie is the exact oppisite her characters i likeable her voice is not annoying in the slightest and she actually aids you in battle unlike elizebeth from bioshock which many are comparing these duo of characters to. ellie dosent just occasionally through ammo and money she actually fights and through out the ame i found my self letting her take on battle, and on top of that her character is devloped greatly through cutscenes and diolouge you really get a sense of how strong willed she is but that she is also on 14. joel is in his late fifties i presume since he would of have to of been at least 30 in 2013 when the out break occured since his daughter was also 14when she died so 20 plus 50 equels 50 i even showed my work. joel is first shown right before the out break struglling between jobs and a single father for his daughter Sarah and after her death he slowly starts breaking down and becoming careless and seems to not care if he lives or not. i loved these characters and have not cared for characters like this for a long ass time. the game play is also very smooth the loading screen is longer than i would wish but the advantage of this is that it runs execptionally well in conclusion the last of us is a must play and i sincerly recommend that you play it Expand
  91. Nov 11, 2013
    As with many reviewers on Metacritic I must start by saying that this is easily the best game I have ever played in my 30+ years of gaming. Never before have I been swept off my feet by a game and taken on an intense, emotional and visually stunning journey. I have played many great games over the years, but when a game can touch you to the extent that a week after finishing it I find thatAs with many reviewers on Metacritic I must start by saying that this is easily the best game I have ever played in my 30+ years of gaming. Never before have I been swept off my feet by a game and taken on an intense, emotional and visually stunning journey. I have played many great games over the years, but when a game can touch you to the extent that a week after finishing it I find that it is still on my mind, well, I reckon that is saying something. The VA and MC is in my humble opinion, second to none. The gameplay and tactics are awesome and the game, to it's credit, really doesn't give you much in the way of items in order to upgrade weapons and health, you really do have to scavenge and use what you find very wisely. I think also that being the father of two daughters not all that much older than Ellie really added to the emotional aspect of the game, in fact, I'm not ashamed to say that this bloody game made me cry on more than a few occasions and it has had the same effect on both my daughters, probably because they mean so much to me and they are so awesome that I can relate to Joel's emotional pain throughout the game. I can't really say much more than that without giving away too much info, needles to say, if there is one game that everyone should at least give a go it's The Last Of Us. Personally, I feel it craps on GTA though at the same same time they are completely different types of game but just based on their metascore, TLOU is deserving of a higher score, but that's just me, GTA is still an excellent game. Expand
  92. Nov 14, 2013
    Really good game...this game is a must play! I have never written a review about games but for this game I make no exception. If you haven't played this game you never played before.
  93. Nov 14, 2013
    Graphics: Updated engine, looks realistic, and on the level of Uncharted, but character models look better. Uncharted has the water advantage in some areas, and others it’s the same. 10.

Sound: Amazing professional voice acting, sounds/themes are perfect and match with the gameplay. 10. Gameplay: The game is a survival game with stealth elements, and shooting portions, and

Gameplay: The game is a survival game with stealth elements, and shooting portions, and overall the game is intense. It’s hard to aim making it more realistic, but you can upgrade you’re stats with supplements. There are items you can craft such as health kits, grenades, upgrade melee weapon, bow, etc. You must make use of your supplies as you progress through the game, and you must search houses, garages, everywhere to ensure you get everything(optional but if you don’t you may have a hard time further in the game). It’s a linear experience, but one of the best experienced, alongside the Uncharted series. For a survival game it’s one of the best I have ever played. 10.

Story: The game has a major impact at the start which no game has ever had. After the game is a little bit slow building up the storyline, 2 hours later for the story to progress. Amazing moments in the middle, and near the end of the game, but I felt that while Naughty Dog didn’t leave a cliff hanger ending, they purposely left room to continue this New IP. 10.

Replay Value: The single player can range up to 20 hours, and there’s a multiplayer. The multiplayer consists of a lot of stealth, it’s a good add-on, and I didn’t give it much time but I still enjoyed it. 10.

Overall Score: 10 out of 10.
  94. Nov 22, 2013
    I honestly cannot think of the words to describe this amazing horror survival adventure. This is by far one of my favorite games of all time, I have run through the story 5 times, and it never gets old, the stealth mechanics in TLOU are great, the graphics are the best out of any PS3 game I have ever played imo. this game is revolutionary and a great buy, the story is very unique andI honestly cannot think of the words to describe this amazing horror survival adventure. This is by far one of my favorite games of all time, I have run through the story 5 times, and it never gets old, the stealth mechanics in TLOU are great, the graphics are the best out of any PS3 game I have ever played imo. this game is revolutionary and a great buy, the story is very unique and touching, you almost instantly fall in love with joel and ellie! highly recommend this game to anyone. Oh, and the multiplayer is very addictive, and i loved that just as much as the story, 4v4 makes it so stealth is needed to get good which i personally love. keep it up naughty dog! Expand
  95. Mar 22, 2014
    If you have a PS3 then please do yourself a favour and buy this amazingly story and action driven game that really gives even the most talented Hollywood script writers a run for their money!
  96. Jul 23, 2013
    The Last Of Us is the most brilliant, perfect, exiting, intensive video game experience of this generation.

Joel and Ellie give us in my opinion, the best Survivor game ever.
  97. Apr 26, 2014
    Masterpiece. Only one word is needed to review this game. It's simply something beautiful, memorable, emotional and incredibly special. Non- PS3 owners shall envy this game and they should. This is certainly a once in a generation experience and while it isn't a game in the most typical sense, it's something games haven't gone before. A game that genuinely will make you cry and neverMasterpiece. Only one word is needed to review this game. It's simply something beautiful, memorable, emotional and incredibly special. Non- PS3 owners shall envy this game and they should. This is certainly a once in a generation experience and while it isn't a game in the most typical sense, it's something games haven't gone before. A game that genuinely will make you cry and never forget some of the disturbing choices you are forced to make. An ending, that sticks with you and will never let go. Please don't miss out on this incredible experience especially if you own the PS3, it could well likely be the best game you've ever experienced. Expand
  98. Jul 28, 2013
    The Last of Us is a beautiful, emotional tale that remains resonant in and out of gameplay, in and out of cutscenes, whether you're shooting cordiceps or humans, and whether you're scavenging for ammo and medkits or exploring to learn more about the world. The game also has the advantage of being Triple-A funded, so the producttion values are incredible, too. Beautiful graphics, visceralThe Last of Us is a beautiful, emotional tale that remains resonant in and out of gameplay, in and out of cutscenes, whether you're shooting cordiceps or humans, and whether you're scavenging for ammo and medkits or exploring to learn more about the world. The game also has the advantage of being Triple-A funded, so the producttion values are incredible, too. Beautiful graphics, visceral and brutal gameplay, fantastic mo-cap acting, and an emotional narrative make this game hard to fault. Expand
  99. Jul 31, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This game is definitely worth playing. Although some things bugged me about it (friendly AI when using stealth & some design flaws) the story and intensity during game play made it whole. I want to keep the score high so I'll give it a 10, but it gets a 9.5/10 from me. Expand
  100. Jul 17, 2013
    Although I'm guilty of dishing out a few 10/10's (MGS4, Uncharted 2, GTA4), if there is any title in the last few decades that truly deserves a 10, it's The Last Of Us. Yes, it's fluid mechanics, gorgeous graphics, flawless presentation and dynamic voice acting will have you in awe of what Naughty Dog has pulled off. What really sets it apart from the pack is how this game makes you feel.Although I'm guilty of dishing out a few 10/10's (MGS4, Uncharted 2, GTA4), if there is any title in the last few decades that truly deserves a 10, it's The Last Of Us. Yes, it's fluid mechanics, gorgeous graphics, flawless presentation and dynamic voice acting will have you in awe of what Naughty Dog has pulled off. What really sets it apart from the pack is how this game makes you feel. The spectrum of emotions I felt were unlike any other game I've played in my 25+ years of gaming, and marked the first time I stopped a game to check in with myself emotionally (heart racing and on the verge of tears). I had no idea that a video game could evoke such an array of real emotions (along with having a blast). For this alone I will forever be a Naughty Dog junkie and purchase whatever they spit out. They are easily the developers of the decade and this is easily the game of the year, quite possibly the game of an era. Expand
  101. Jun 17, 2013
    I just finished this game on hard (about to start it on survivor), and it blew me away. Everything about The Last of us is crisp and clean. The gameplay is stellar and will have you're heart racing with intense moments around every corner. Needles to say, the voice acting and story are what really stand out about it. If you aren't moved by this game then there may be something wrong withI just finished this game on hard (about to start it on survivor), and it blew me away. Everything about The Last of us is crisp and clean. The gameplay is stellar and will have you're heart racing with intense moments around every corner. Needles to say, the voice acting and story are what really stand out about it. If you aren't moved by this game then there may be something wrong with you. Anyways, if you have a ps3 and don't have this game, go get it. NOW. You won't regret it. $60 well spent. Oh and the multiplayer is icing on the cake. I'm having loads of fun with it too. I can't wait until some of my friends get this to play it with me. Collapse

1. Sep 16, 2013
  2. Sep 10, 2013
  3. Despite the breakneck pace of the prologue, it takes quite a while for The Last of Us to pick up some speed again. However, once the cold harsh winter arrives, the action (and story) ramps up. So much so, it puts most Hollywood productions to shame. [July 2013, p.76]