The Last of Us PlayStation 3

• Publisher: SCEA
  • Release Date: Jun 14, 2013
9.1

1. Sep 25, 2013
    This game is the result of the talent and experience at Naughty Dog, the characters, story and gameplay is produced by entertainers that know what their crowd likes. The character movement and looking around is slow to compensate for the detailed graphics, but this works with the smooth gameplay. I think some will still prefer the variety and fun of Uncharted, this is more jaw clenchingThis game is the result of the talent and experience at Naughty Dog, the characters, story and gameplay is produced by entertainers that know what their crowd likes. The character movement and looking around is slow to compensate for the detailed graphics, but this works with the smooth gameplay. I think some will still prefer the variety and fun of Uncharted, this is more jaw clenching and focussed. Expand
  2. Oct 1, 2013
    I really enjoyed this game it has a nice story in the relationship between the characters and the acting was good.Also it has some very nice music in the game its defiantly one of the best games i have played if you haven't played it yet i highly recommend you do.
  3. Oct 2, 2013
    Get this game! Never before have I been so entranced by cut-scenes in a game. I loved every aspect of this game: the writing, voice acting, direction, graphics, audio, game mechanics...and the story! Oh, the story! I actually choked up at various points of the game. It is beautiful thing...a work of art...a masterpiece of imagination. If they just took the cut-scenes and added a fewGet this game! Never before have I been so entranced by cut-scenes in a game. I loved every aspect of this game: the writing, voice acting, direction, graphics, audio, game mechanics...and the story! Oh, the story! I actually choked up at various points of the game. It is beautiful thing...a work of art...a masterpiece of imagination. If they just took the cut-scenes and added a few action scenes to connect them, this would be a brilliant movie! Best game I've ever played! Expand
  4. Feb 12, 2014
    Fairly good game, nothing that hasn't already been done. It's set in your default zombie apocalypse world, and has two fairly default characters. Worth playing if you have extra time, but definitely not the holy grail of games as most people make it seem. This is of course the game in which brought us the amazing line " I just shot the hell out of that guy" Coming out of the mouth of aFairly good game, nothing that hasn't already been done. It's set in your default zombie apocalypse world, and has two fairly default characters. Worth playing if you have extra time, but definitely not the holy grail of games as most people make it seem. This is of course the game in which brought us the amazing line " I just shot the hell out of that guy" Coming out of the mouth of a normal person. Expand
  5. Oct 4, 2013
    I got really bored by this game quickly. I think it shares in concept a lot with Telltale's Walking Dead Game. But I found the Walking Dead Game way more impactful, emotional, interesting and fun. It has the same feeling as Call of Duty of being on an Amusement park ride where you're locked onto one track with only the illusion of choice. The gameplay is incredibly boring and not fun justI got really bored by this game quickly. I think it shares in concept a lot with Telltale's Walking Dead Game. But I found the Walking Dead Game way more impactful, emotional, interesting and fun. It has the same feeling as Call of Duty of being on an Amusement park ride where you're locked onto one track with only the illusion of choice. The gameplay is incredibly boring and not fun just to arrive at another cut scene. I think maybe just watch all the cut scenes on You Tube would provide the best way to get the story if its as great as everyone says. Expand
  6. Oct 11, 2013
    This game defines what a masterpiece is. It sets an incredibly high standard for future video games, not only from Naughty Dog, but from all game developers. The Last of Us shows us what the PS3 is truly capable of when pushed to it's fullest potential. It runs incredibly smooth on my PS3 Slim, and the graphics are jaw-dropping. Throughout the game, you really feel a connection to theThis game defines what a masterpiece is. It sets an incredibly high standard for future video games, not only from Naughty Dog, but from all game developers. The Last of Us shows us what the PS3 is truly capable of when pushed to it's fullest potential. It runs incredibly smooth on my PS3 Slim, and the graphics are jaw-dropping. Throughout the game, you really feel a connection to the characters. You get to know them, and you get to feel them. The story keeps you craving more, and its gameplay is nothing short of addicting.

Then, just to make the game even better, they throw in some incredible multiplayer. There isn't a whole lot of variety, with only three game modes and not too many maps, but I think the simplicity helps the multiplayer succeed more. More maps would be nice, but three game modes is enough for the time being. All three are very fun, and they're all more enjoyable if you work as a team, especially when playing Interrogation.

I experienced a couple of bugs with the game, but none directly impacted my gameplay. One was just somebody running through a wall (just a random NPC), and the other was a multiplayer glitch, where the one of the Survival Skills wouldn't unlock. The latter of the two glitches has been fixed, and the first isn't a big deal.

In summary, this is an incredible game, with what is probably one of the best single player experiences I've ever had. Once you're done with the single player, there's a highly addicting multiplayer to keep you amused. This really is a must own game for everyone with a PS3.
  7. Oct 13, 2013
    AMAZING! That's all you need to know. From beginning to end this game gave me an adrenaline rush through my entire body. Best real life looking cut-scenes of all time and gorgeous graphic I never felt like stopping to play this game. You felt as if you want more. Definite game of the year to me.
  8. Oct 22, 2013
    The last of us is the most realistic zombie game ever, even make you worry about it happenning someday. As a prepper, This story is the absolute reality about what would happen in a SHTF scenario. The game is linear but the beauty of the landscapes will make you forget about it. The gameplay is incredible. I definitely give it the best score. This is a new way of making games, innovativeThe last of us is the most realistic zombie game ever, even make you worry about it happenning someday. As a prepper, This story is the absolute reality about what would happen in a SHTF scenario. The game is linear but the beauty of the landscapes will make you forget about it. The gameplay is incredible. I definitely give it the best score. This is a new way of making games, innovative and let's see who can follow naughty dog. Worth every dollar you put in it. Highly recommanded Expand
  9. Feb 17, 2014
    The only thing i could say this is the best game i ever played! Masterpiece story, soundtracks, gameplay and graphic.10/10
    Thank you to everyone at NaughtyDog for making a truly life changes experience.
  10. Nov 23, 2013
    Wow. Just wow. Naughty dog have done it once again and created a real masterpiece that plays exceptionally, the world around you looks devastated, but gorgeous, the voice acting, characters, animations are astounding and the story really pulls at the heart strings at times! You have two main characters, Ellie, a little girl that looks innocent enough but grows into a real strong character,Wow. Just wow. Naughty dog have done it once again and created a real masterpiece that plays exceptionally, the world around you looks devastated, but gorgeous, the voice acting, characters, animations are astounding and the story really pulls at the heart strings at times! You have two main characters, Ellie, a little girl that looks innocent enough but grows into a real strong character, then there's Joel a man that has been affected by the infection but deals with it in such a realistic way that you start to feel a real connection with both characters. All in all another superb title rolls off the naughty dog conveyor belt and goes straight into one of the all time greats in video gaming history! Expand
  11. Nov 11, 2013
    The last of us, oq eu posso falar sobre esse jogo...
    GOTY, simplesmente um dos melhores jogos que ja joguei na vida, resolvi deixar de lado fazer a analise das partes técnicas do jogo pq pensei "Sera que isso nescessario?"
    The last of us, oq eu posso falar sobre esse jogo...
    A ambientação do jogo M-A-G-N-I-F-I-C-A, eu ja joguei muitos jogos pra pc no VERY HIGH e obviamente as qualidades de texturas são bem melhores e etc, mas o feeling que a ambientação desse jogo passa indescritivel, todo aquele ambiente de caos, todas as evidencias de vidas que ja passaram por ali, aquele cenário tão bonito que faz vc pensar "Como em um mundo tão bonito pode haver tanto caos"
    A modelagem dos personagens muito boa tb, a inteligencia dos inimigos muito boa, ja a dos companheiros bem bugada embora seja proposital, mas no geral aspéctos técnicos como eu disse, não importam nesse jogo, a história que esse jogo tem pra contar oq faz eu entregar o GOTY a ele, a história de um homem totalmente levado pela dor de perder uma filha a mudar tanto o seu cárater e a história de uma garota que nasceu nesse mundo e acha tudo aquilo normal, o relacionamento que construido entre esses 2 magnifico, e tudo ocorre de maneira tão natural que me deixa de boca aberta, a personalidade dos personagens MUUITO REAL, eles tem VIDA, eles fazem ESCOLHAS, e muitas vezes essas escolhas podem ser vistas por outros como escolhas cruéis ou erradas, mas eles são humanos, eles fazem pq seus corações pedem pra eles fazerem.
    O jogo emociona muito, vc REALMENTE se importa muito com aquele personagem, e vc quer o bem dele, e essa imersão toda que o jogo traz na história e GAMEPLAY oq definitivamente faz ele ser merecedor de Game Of The Year 2013
    TLoU mais que um jogo, um verdadeiro aprofundamento do que significa o termo SER HUMANO.
  12. Sep 11, 2015
    THIS GAME IS A MASTERPIECE!!!!! The graphics are beautiful, the story will have its hooks into you at the very beginning, the controls and gameplay are very smooth, the animation is excellent, and the locations and sceneries are absolutely GORGEOUS. As you play you can see the relationship between Joel and Ellie begin to develop and you find yourself grown quite attached to theTHIS GAME IS A MASTERPIECE!!!!! The graphics are beautiful, the story will have its hooks into you at the very beginning, the controls and gameplay are very smooth, the animation is excellent, and the locations and sceneries are absolutely GORGEOUS. As you play you can see the relationship between Joel and Ellie begin to develop and you find yourself grown quite attached to the characters. The story is very unforgettable and has many tearjerking moments that pull at the right heartstrings, to be honest I cried a couple times. The cinematic trailers DO NOT deceive you if you haven't played his game the cinematic trailers are SHOCKINGLY very true to the actual gameplay. this game has a lot of many Easter eggs that are quite humorous when you stumble upon them. I found this game very good that I am completing this game on survivor+ mode which used to be there hardest difficulty before the update and now the hardest difficulty is grounded+. This game is AMAZING and worth every penny!!!! Expand
  13. Dec 7, 2013
    I've been a gamer for about 13 years now, I have played probably every game worth playing excluding the xBox exclusives (don't own it), THIS IS THE BEST SINGLEPLAYER GAME I HAVE EVER PLAYED! EVER! And it will probably remain THE BEST for a very, very long time! I don't wanna spoil anything so i won't go into details much but this game will give you everything this genre has to offer! II've been a gamer for about 13 years now, I have played probably every game worth playing excluding the xBox exclusives (don't own it), THIS IS THE BEST SINGLEPLAYER GAME I HAVE EVER PLAYED! EVER! And it will probably remain THE BEST for a very, very long time! I don't wanna spoil anything so i won't go into details much but this game will give you everything this genre has to offer! I can't remember when is the last time a book movie game had such strong emotional value as this game! I have never been happier to shoot a few "innocent" people in my life (you'll know what I'm talking about when you play trough it). The game manages to awake a sense of happines, anger, grief, excitment, accomplishment and so on. The game itself looks beautiful, its never boring, 90% of the time you're either hunting someone or being hunted, on a few occasions both. If this game was a movie, it would win more oscars then the Titanic and LOTR together.
    I would describe The Last of Us as a brilliant search and destroy with phenomenal characters, an absolutely tremendous story, packed with emotions and exciting moments.
    This isn't a shooter. You won't get anywhere in this game if you go guns blazing 24/7 although, a lot of times you can do it.
    Don't ruin this game by playing it on any difficulty under Hard it just isn't worth it.

If you buy this game, you won't regret it. ever! I don't have a word in my vocabulary which describes the ammount of awesomness in this game.

Story 10
    AI IQ 9
    Character control 9
    ________________________
    Total 9.64

I apologise for any wrong used phrases, wrong spelled words etc. English isn't my first language.
  14. Feb 16, 2015
    Last of us is True Survivor Horror Game unlike Resident Evil 4 Resident Evil 5 Resident Evil 6 Resident Evil Revelations Resident Evil Revelations 2 Combine.
    If you liked Survivor Horror Game buy Last of us Digital or New Sealed not Soulless Used.

Please Avoid DLC otherthen Left Behind since Rest are Pay to Unlock aka On Disc DLC.
  15. Mar 11, 2014
    This game is simply gorgeous. It gives the sensation that is the best game ever for the PS3, and since the new gen consoles are here, it will be forever. Hopefully it's the beginning of a series, because anybody that played it would surely like to play a new TLOU story as soon as possible. Do not miss it.
  16. Dec 14, 2013
    "Oh no, ANOTHER ZOMBIE GAME?!" That was what first struck me when I saw this game top the charts. I'm not ashamed to say I couldn't have been more wrong. There is nothing to dislike about this game. The story line is so diverse with emotional tragedies, drama, and comedy that you will lose yourself if you aren't careful. I wasn't careful. and completed the game in 2 days. The"Oh no, ANOTHER ZOMBIE GAME?!" That was what first struck me when I saw this game top the charts. I'm not ashamed to say I couldn't have been more wrong. There is nothing to dislike about this game. The story line is so diverse with emotional tragedies, drama, and comedy that you will lose yourself if you aren't careful. I wasn't careful. and completed the game in 2 days. The graphics appear next-gen, despite being ps3. Ellie and Joel are, to this day and forever, my favorite video game characters of all time. You will cry, laugh, and the ending will probably have you staring an inch from the screen. When it's over, you feel like a part of you has died. This is coming from someone who prides himself on maintaining an emotional middle ground and scoffed at the idea of another Apocalypse game. Holy was I wrong. Best game of all time. Expand
  17. Dec 18, 2013
    Simply put; one of the best games I've ever played! Entertaining throughout. Definitely buying a PS4 just for this game and of course the Uncharted series.
  18. Dec 18, 2013
    The Last of Us is more of an interactive movie than a game? There is lots of cutscenes and stuff which help the story but the gameplay is ok at best. I am not hating on the game I'm just saying the story is so good that it makes the semi repetitive gameplay not an issue. Hell I didn't even notice it while playing but once I was finished I didn't feel like playing it again. Some cheatsThe Last of Us is more of an interactive movie than a game? There is lots of cutscenes and stuff which help the story but the gameplay is ok at best. I am not hating on the game I'm just saying the story is so good that it makes the semi repetitive gameplay not an issue. Hell I didn't even notice it while playing but once I was finished I didn't feel like playing it again. Some cheats would have been nice to help mix up the gameplay either to help or make it harder for you depending on the cheat. The online was horrible. Some things just kill you too fast like a Molotov or the stick. An offline mode with bots would have been nice but the game just has to have an online pass so no hope for offline multiplier with bots ever. Also a lack of game modes online is disappointing but that's not even what the game is about and doesn't effect my score on the game in the slightest. So it has a great story and feel was amazing I just wish there was some more replay value with offline bots and cheats for the story. Expand
  19. Dec 19, 2013
    this game is the game that you should play if you are only going to play one game this year. am that kinda guy who skips the story goes to the mutiplayer but this game i tried the story and have beaten this game 4 times and going back for another round its just that good. the looks in this game make me go who that's ps4 quality. just play in and ignore all the negative reviews they are lying
  20. Dec 23, 2013
    Ok so first things first I'm here to give an honest review not to praise or rip on the game, I'm going to point out all the flaws and positives withing Last of Us. Without further introduction here is my review of The Last of Us.

Let's begin on a good note, Naughty Dogs is a remarkable studio, Crash and Jak are some of my favorite platformers ever and Uncharted provides a very fun narrative. But The Last of Us was very underwhelming in my eyes, simply because it was so hyped up and received so many 10s. I'm simply here to present evidence as why TLOU is not perfect, I'm not calling it a bad game by any means.

My first negative statement is going to be about the genre most people classify this game under, survival-horror. This isn't true in my eyes I never once felt pressured to survive or scared at all, this game fits more under the third-person shooter or stealth genre but it is by no means a survival horror. Now to talk about something that actually matters, the story. I will admit that The Last of Us does present a very well crafted story that is brought forth even more by the tremendous voice acting and animations, however I found the story to also be very predictable maybe that's because we are predictable creatures but that's not a valid argument as I often found myself annoyed will how predictable the plot was, not to mention a plot like this has been seen before in other post-apocalyptic narratives The Walking Dead comes to mind quickly. Another thing The Last of Us is praised for is it's unique and memorable characters, but outside of Joel and Ellie I only found three characters that stuck with me: Sam and Henry two brothers that are just trying to get by and David, because he's a dick. Overall I do think that The Last of Us has very good story, voice acting, and presentation. But that's where it starts to end for me.

To me the core part of the negatives lie in the gameplay, the main reason I play a game. The gameplay is very reminiscent of Uncharted, excepted it's not nearly as good. The shooting mechanics are weighed down by the weapon sway, and before you jump on me yes I know this was intentional and that you can upgrade to fix this but it shouldn't have been implemented in the first place. Most people claim The Last of Us to be a very hard game when it's not at all, there is absolutely no penalty for dying as checkpoints are frequent. But the game does have some difficult moments and I see that those come from intentionally bad design; weapon sway, insta-kill enemies, swarms of enemies, enemies that can hit you even when your behind cover it's all so frustrating. And before someone starts saying it's for the sake of realism, Joel can see through wall by using sound.

Earlier I praised the presentation, but outside of cut scenes there are some issues. Textures up close look just plain bad at times and there is texture pop-in, however these issues aren't very frequent but they're jarring when they do occur. Speaking of jarring how about that quick black transition before cut scenes, that tends to take me out of the experience at times and the only reason I'm making notice of this is because Uncharted handled transitions to cut scenes much better. And now it's time for the thing most people complain about is AI, my god it's polarizing. In some cases the enemies can shoot you perfectly from great distances and in others they have the perception of a genome soldier from MGS. But Ellie's AI is the worst as she won't stay still, this is a problem that severely puts me out of the experience and even more so companies in other games like Uncharted and Enslaved can stay put, so why can't Ellie?. But to leave on a positive note I absolutely love the crafting and weapon upgrade systems.

To conclude TLOU does have a wonderful(yet predictable) story and the production values are top notch with great voice acting and animations. Nevertheless this game falls short in the one thing games need, gameplay. To match this there are AI issues, texture problems, and a forgettable soundtrack. I'm not saying TLOU is bad, not by any means, but it doesn't deserve all the perfect scores. Do to the repetitive and occasionally poor designed gameplay I'd rate this game a 7, however the story and presentation do help my experience. The Last of Us receives an 8 out of 10.
  21. Feb 3, 2014
    I'm going to keep this review short and sweet because you really need to play the game to understand its brilliance. I finished the game 3 months ago and I still mention it in every games conversation. This simply is a must have game. Naughty Dog have pushed the ps3 to its limits to create a beautiful looking game with a fantastic engaging story and unforgettable characters. You reallyI'm going to keep this review short and sweet because you really need to play the game to understand its brilliance. I finished the game 3 months ago and I still mention it in every games conversation. This simply is a must have game. Naughty Dog have pushed the ps3 to its limits to create a beautiful looking game with a fantastic engaging story and unforgettable characters. You really come to care for Ellie (the young girl you are protecting) during the game and this is something so many games cannot do.

The controls work very well and really give you the feeling you are fighting for your life. The level designs are genius and look stunning. The story is exciting and moving, Once scene had me having to pause the game and just take ten minutes to think to my self as it was so upsetting. The zombies and monsters are terrifying, the clickers really are the things of nightmares. You really do feel like you are in an the middle of a zombie apocalypse, no game has ever felt this real. Once you pick up the pad you will not put it down until you have completed it.

Oh and the ending! Wow, this game does not give you choices or alternative endings. You play as Joel and you are forced to see life through his eyes, you make his decisions not your own and these some times take you to dark, gritty places. You come out of the game feeling a true emotional response. Even a joy that the world you live in is not like in the game. I found myself happy to kiss my kids goodnight in the safety of my warm home. People who jokingly say they want a zombie apocalypse may think twice after experiencing The Last Of Us.

The greatest game on the PS3? Buy it and decide for your self, you will not be disappointed.
  22. Feb 17, 2014
    Just Amazing, Another Masterpiece by Naughty Dog
    Just Amazing, Another Masterpiece by Naughty Dog
    The Gameplay gives a nice challenge to the player. What you do is while progressing, find some scattered bullets, guns and objects since it is about survival. The combat can give an awesome atmosphere, and a fight with the small supply that you're given in the game, becoming longer with how much you collect within the game, you can give very brutal attacks to the enemy using melee with bats, axes and wooden planks, giving a satisfying combat, Stealth elements are a good part of the game as everything else, especially with the hearing ability. Exploration is not so much of a Problem, but it becomes better as a puzzle. The only problem is the AI, Enemy AI often seems to ignore a companion and they sometimes glitch a few times.
    The Story is the best of many video games, giving emotional and tear jerking moments, and the characters, especially Joel and Ellie, are extremely likeable.
    The Multiplayer has great gameplay elements in the game to it's deathmatches, but it's filled with annoying Micro-Transactions, typical Naughty Dog, always giving micro-transactions to a multiplayer.
    Overall, even though it has a few problems, This game is a Masterpiece and the best game i have played in the generation.
  23. Feb 17, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. i love this game i dont think it is really about the game play which is amazing anyway i think it is about joel losing his daughter and over twenty years becoming cold and not caring about anyone . then ellie comes into his life at first he doesnt like her but as the game goes on you see there relationship develop and joel starts to really care about her as if she was his own daughter for all the gore and violence in this game i think it is probably one of the most touching games ive ever played really really brilliant stuff naughty dog Expand
  24. Feb 20, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The Last of Us is the pinnacle of this generation. Everything video games has to offer was brought to the maximum level. Storytelling, graphics, gameplay...

Few games made me cry, made me think about the message it passes, and made me be sure video games are also art.

The focus of the game isn't zombies, but the human condition. Who is, in fact, "the last of us"? The non-infected humans, or the humans who haven't lost their humanity?

Naughty Dog shows a lesson for the video game industry and even for movies. You'll love seeing Joel and Ellie together as they go through every sort of trouble together. A story like no other, a story few will manage to make it better and many will fear to copy.

At the end of the game, you don't get a feeling of "it's already over?" or "finally!". You get a exact dose of the game. As the credits roll, you get a sensation of "Damn. This was one of the best experiences I've had." Finishing the game is like finishing reading a book or watching a series. You don't know what to do next. Real life seems boring after completing it.

The Last of Us is a masterpiece in digital form. It also shows video games have come a very long way. Video games aren't toys, but a way of art and culture, of debate and thinking, of entertainment and joy, immersion and reality, and The Last of Us is the proof of that.
  25. Mar 20, 2014
    Beautiful game. Pushing the art of storytelling in to a new age. Gritty, emotional, tense and fun. No one has created a more immersive story and involving characters than Naughty Dog.
  26. Mar 13, 2014
    I arrived a bit late and I don't know what can I say more than what the others said. Well, I will say the flaws. The permanent bugs, the creatures can see you, but your partner cannot be seen. Also, the melee is a bit confusing. It step forward alone if you keep punching a creature and I think it bad to see this. But, apart from this, everything is captivating.
  27. Mar 11, 2014
    I will keep it short. This is simply THE BEST GAME I EVER PLAYED.
    Loved the game-play, graphics and everything.
    The story was amazing. No other game had ever made me so emotional.
    Brilliant work by Naughty Dog, as usual.
  28. Mar 19, 2014
    I can only really say a few things about this game. and they are this: based on the mechanics, story, gameplay, characters, difficulty, enemies, and atmosphere, I'd have to say this is HANDS DOWN the best game I've ever played. from the amazing graphics, to the characters who make you feel like they're real people. the voice acting is amazing. the entire game is amazing, even at the partsI can only really say a few things about this game. and they are this: based on the mechanics, story, gameplay, characters, difficulty, enemies, and atmosphere, I'd have to say this is HANDS DOWN the best game I've ever played. from the amazing graphics, to the characters who make you feel like they're real people. the voice acting is amazing. the entire game is amazing, even at the parts that make you want to punch a hole in your tv. this is the only game I've ever played where i have not changed the disk a single time from beginning to end. i loved this game and think the only score that can actually describe how amazing this game is is a score of 100/10. The Last of Us is a game that I'd recommend for anyone who likes a violent, action packed game. Expand
  29. Apr 1, 2014
    2013. For a good couple of years as a dx11 pc gamer I had once again placed my ps3 at doorstop level (aside from the odd multimedia stream here and there) always ready to catch a glimpse of the next console exclusive. Then The Last of Us was released.
    WOW!!!
    WOW!!!
    This game far exceeded every expectation I had for an end of cycle first party sony release and IMO surpassed the fine efforts of valve on HL2 in using computer technology to convey story in a way completely unique to this industry. Every moment you experience is a part of this story and the strongest character is expressed through level design. Subtle cues of audio and visual effects texture art and animation stir emotions in ways the player may have thought to be exclusive to the realm of film production. On top of this excellent singleplayer is a fantastic multiplayer that for me, really evoked a sense of play seemingly forgotten by much of this industry. Well done naughty dog and sony for helping to make this magic possible.
  30. Sep 16, 2014
    The main characters are really handsome and the people who did their voice,they are just amazing.The graphics are spectacular and the story is not original but still fun to play.
  31. May 25, 2014
    I first wrote a negative review of this game, about how clickers are annoying and how annoying and game breaking is their 1 shot kill animation. Now I progressed a lot through the game and I change my review. Although the plot may seem like a generic apocalypse stuff, characters are well written, voice acting is amazing and the way things progress throughout this apocalypse is much moreI first wrote a negative review of this game, about how clickers are annoying and how annoying and game breaking is their 1 shot kill animation. Now I progressed a lot through the game and I change my review. Although the plot may seem like a generic apocalypse stuff, characters are well written, voice acting is amazing and the way things progress throughout this apocalypse is much more interesting than they are in The Walking Dead, I Am Legend and many other apocalypse scenarios I've seen so far. The more you play, the more enjoyable it gets so don't give up playing in your first 5-6 hours of gameplay. Expand
  32. Jun 3, 2014
    Definitely one of my favorite single-player game of the 7th generation. The story is amazing to say the least, it isn't that generic nor is it REALLY original but it is executed very well. Gameplay is pretty much what you'll expect in third-person shooters with abilities to upgrade your weapons with gears, upgrade your character with pills and scavenging. My only problem with the gameDefinitely one of my favorite single-player game of the 7th generation. The story is amazing to say the least, it isn't that generic nor is it REALLY original but it is executed very well. Gameplay is pretty much what you'll expect in third-person shooters with abilities to upgrade your weapons with gears, upgrade your character with pills and scavenging. My only problem with the game overall is immersion. Your companions aren't really "in the world" with you as they cannot be noticed by enemies even if they walk right smack in front of them, they still won't alarm the enemies so that kinda takes a little bit of immersion out of the game but it doesn't warrant a point deduction. A must-buy for everyone unless you're a multiplayer centric gamer and don't enjoy single-player games. Expand
  33. Sep 28, 2014
    This game has great gameplay , great visual and art design. Great storyline best of 2013. Its so flawless.Its got great stealth gameplay and shows the skill of survival. The multiplayer is also pretty solid. The best game of 2013 and one of the best games of all time.
  34. Jun 2, 2014
    This game was emotionally the hardest game i've ever played. The characters were to me people i really cared and that made the experience much more harder. It's been probably close to a year since i completed the game and still i sometimes find myself thinking about the game. Best game i ever played.
  35. Jun 2, 2014
    To give this game less then a 10 would be an insult to the hard work that Naughty Dog have put in to make what I could argue is one of the best, if not the best, game of all time.
  36. Jun 3, 2014
    The Last of Us
    PlayStation 3
    This review is based on my experience and does not intend to insult other reviewers opinions. Story – From the opening scenes to the final moments of the game and that black screen hits your eyes you find yourself hooked on the story that Naughty dog shovel into your face. You fall in love with the relationships and the characters, the story itself you
    The Last of Us
    PlayStation 3

Story – From the opening scenes to the final moments of the game and that black screen hits your eyes you find yourself hooked on the story that Naughty dog shovel into your face. You fall in love with the relationships and the characters, the story itself you believe to be quite simple, a virus outbreak and survival, what some people don’t realise is that underneath the main story the sub stories are the ones that hook your mind and your heart. The fight for survival, the feel of loss in every direction, the sense of helplessness that shadows the main character even though he has been hardened by the world around him, the beauty of life that we all take for granted but seen through a girls eyes, the list is endless, words cannot describe the story, the story has to be seen and felt.

Graphics – The graphics are beautiful, the textures of the shirt on our main characters back to the beautiful yet disturbing settings around them all add up to a beautiful display of artwork and creativity. Realism and at some points you find yourself stood still and turning the camera around to view sections around you in awe.

Characters – The characters are the best part about this title, it is very difficult to describe them especially in just 5000 characters or less. Ellie and Joel bring something to your experience I personally have never experienced within a game before, in fact by the end of the game I found myself wanting a daughter for my first child, the chemistry between the two characters is heartfelt and breath-taking, you find yourself truly caring for them, their journey truly does become yours, from the silence and annoyance felt between the two at the beginning to the love and protection you get by the end. The characters whom they meet along the way also add that extra bit of excitement and heartbreak, one of my personal favourites is Bill, the character of few words and such a big story that if missed leaves him misunderstood. The depths within the game itself are mesmerising.

Result – This game is a life changing moment of art, the character development, the story, the action, the music… everything hooks you from the get go and once you start you have to finish it, you find yourself craving more and you miss the company of Ellie and Joel within other games. May sound over the top but if you find yourself one who appreciates the little details (Keep an eye out in the toy shop when one of the brothers you encounter picks up a toy and is told he can’t have it, watch Ellie closely and then quickly take the camera off her and back on her again and you will see a hidden gem that shows how cute they have made the character) you will truly love this game.

Of course there are certain things within the game that can make you scream for the hills, the AI can be very annoying at times, Ellie can seem to stand in front of enemies within a single bit of reaction from them and when you are sneaking through Clicker territory and Bill is romper stomping around the place it does tend to knock the illusion but if able put that aside and enjoy the ride.
  37. Jun 3, 2014
    There is nothing wrong with this game. However, there is also very little to set this game apart from numerous other story and character driven zombie scenarios of the last few years (or few decades really, they aren't new). It's solid, pretty, has good mechanics, and good characters. However, the fact that all of that is shoved into yet another post-apocalyptic rubble pile stiflesThere is nothing wrong with this game. However, there is also very little to set this game apart from numerous other story and character driven zombie scenarios of the last few years (or few decades really, they aren't new). It's solid, pretty, has good mechanics, and good characters. However, the fact that all of that is shoved into yet another post-apocalyptic rubble pile stifles everything good about it in the intense humdrum of "been-there, done-that" that permeates most "mature" modern games. I'm tired of zombies. I'm tired of nuclear Armageddon. I'm tired of shooters and shooter hybrids set in yet another dystopia. Naughty Dog intentionally made Uncharted colorful and non-dystopic so that it would stand out from the mold when they first made it. I wish they would still do this because we need it now even more than we needed it then. Expand
  38. Jun 11, 2014
    I gave this game a 10 because i feel that it deserves higher than a 9, though it isn't perfect this game is an absolute gem. With an interesting and intense story with scenes that kept me at the edge of my seat grinding my teeth I can say that not many games have had this effect. When watching cutscenes or playing the game I was always on my toes eager to know how the next event would playI gave this game a 10 because i feel that it deserves higher than a 9, though it isn't perfect this game is an absolute gem. With an interesting and intense story with scenes that kept me at the edge of my seat grinding my teeth I can say that not many games have had this effect. When watching cutscenes or playing the game I was always on my toes eager to know how the next event would play out. Furthermore, the game's fluid third person game-play worked well. Naughtydog has stepped up their game from the Uncharted series with significant improvements to how well the came plays and how precisely I can control my character. The characters are likable and interesting, the graphics are very good, there is not much to complain about other that the decent multiplayer, which is still fun. This near masterpiece is one of the best playstation exclusives, a must own for any collection. Expand
  39. Jun 12, 2014
    This game is not only beuatiful to look at, but the story is so good it could easily have been considered for an oscar, had it only been a movie instead of a game. If you're in to post-apocalyptic settings, killing zombies or maybe just a good story, then this is a must have for this generation.
  40. Jul 22, 2014
    Don’t get fooled by the over the moon positive reviews. I think this game is overrated. It is a stealth zombie game full of post-apocalyptic clichés. And the stealth mechanic does not work all that well. It is hard remain undetected and if spotted you get exposed to a frustrating head-on fight with enemies attacking from any direction. The levels are big and most of the time there is noDon’t get fooled by the over the moon positive reviews. I think this game is overrated. It is a stealth zombie game full of post-apocalyptic clichés. And the stealth mechanic does not work all that well. It is hard remain undetected and if spotted you get exposed to a frustrating head-on fight with enemies attacking from any direction. The levels are big and most of the time there is no clear indication where to go. So you will want to kill all enemies in a cluster and then search for an exit, which makes true stealth game play difficult or even impossible. The game bored me too much. Mid-game I changed the difficulty to easy and forced myself to finish it. I wish I'd skipped this game. Count me out for The Last of Us 2 Expand
  41. Jun 30, 2014
    This game is simply fantastic ! Not only do you immerse yourself in a world that is frightening and beautiful at the same time full of nasty creatures, but you also emotionally connect with the fictional characters that venture through the zombie infested land. When I finished this game I was actually sad because I did not want it to end. The game is set so you have the opportunities toThis game is simply fantastic ! Not only do you immerse yourself in a world that is frightening and beautiful at the same time full of nasty creatures, but you also emotionally connect with the fictional characters that venture through the zombie infested land. When I finished this game I was actually sad because I did not want it to end. The game is set so you have the opportunities to make your way through the obstacles your way, that's what makes it so great. You can choose to kill the zombies in some levels or simply stealthy move past them, you choose. And then their is constant surprises every where you go for items to collect which can change the course of the game, if you kill a zombie or hostile sometimes you can pick up guns,ammo,bombs and more. I enjoyed every part of this game, and some levels were so hard I had to try multiple times to make it through ( bloater in the gym just die already ,). You are equipped with various weapons, but my favourite was the bow and arrow, clean silent kills. I defiantly hope naughty dog make numerous sequels to this game, it is truly entertaining and actually made me think, if this really happened what would I do to survive. Expand
  42. Jul 13, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Best Game eveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeer Expand
  43. Jul 18, 2014
    Little late in the game for anyone to read this I suppose, but here it goes. Had some extra cash, asked people for a game that could help me kill some time over the weekend, and this came highly recommended. So I picked it up for my collection. Maybe I just don't get it. The game looked nice, but I didn't want to keep playing. Felt like just going from point A to B over and over again. DoLittle late in the game for anyone to read this I suppose, but here it goes. Had some extra cash, asked people for a game that could help me kill some time over the weekend, and this came highly recommended. So I picked it up for my collection. Maybe I just don't get it. The game looked nice, but I didn't want to keep playing. Felt like just going from point A to B over and over again. Do a puzzle, navigate a room, get a cutscene, do a puzzle, navigate a room, get a cutscene. Periodically I would find myself dreading to do the next puzzle and not want to play anymore.

I'd say if you want to play it go rent it somewhere. The story and characters were "ok" in my opinion. It wasn't enough to make me want to finish the story (but I did).
  44. Sep 11, 2014
    Freaking awesome! Yeah i really would prefer a zombie apocalypse multiplayer but clearly that's even better. It's the best game i 've ever played. Great work Naughty Dog. We want The Last of Us 2 and this time release it on pc too
  45. Aug 27, 2014
    3 Words only. Best. Game. Ever...

Recommended for everyone best game ever created, its sad, and awesome! I will play forever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  46. Sep 11, 2014
    A must have game and truly the greatest of a generation, if not one of the best games of all time. The story and characters are amazing, the visuals are gorgrous, the gameplay is great and gives you lots of options how to approach everything. The atmosphere and immersion really pull you in and you will find yourself in some tense situations. This is survival horror done right, where youA must have game and truly the greatest of a generation, if not one of the best games of all time. The story and characters are amazing, the visuals are gorgrous, the gameplay is great and gives you lots of options how to approach everything. The atmosphere and immersion really pull you in and you will find yourself in some tense situations. This is survival horror done right, where you need to think about how you will use limited resources snd ammo. To top it all off, the multiplayer is really good, requiring teamwork, communication, and strategy along with skill Expand
  47. Sep 14, 2014
    While it's game play may contain notable flaws, The Last Of Us is ultimately saved by it's beautiful soundtrack, breathtaking atmosphere, & tremendous story.
  48. Sep 20, 2014
    Best game of the decade, in my opinion. Amazing and original story line, and great character back stories. It helps you gain a bond towards the character and gets you more involved within the game and makes you feel like you are with them instead of controlling them. Totally worth buying, loved it. Ellie has a fun, not too serious character where as Joel is more controlling but kind. IBest game of the decade, in my opinion. Amazing and original story line, and great character back stories. It helps you gain a bond towards the character and gets you more involved within the game and makes you feel like you are with them instead of controlling them. Totally worth buying, loved it. Ellie has a fun, not too serious character where as Joel is more controlling but kind. I like the way Joel takes time to warm up to Ellie and through out the game, trusts her more. Very emotional with amazing graphics! Expand
  49. Sep 19, 2014
    Brilliant game, one of my favourite games. Awesome story, deep feelings, awesome design, vfx. It's really true masterpiece.

+ hardcore & unique multiplayer

I bought TLOU for PS3 and PS4, because i really love this game

I love all of Naughty Dog's games
  50. Sep 20, 2014
    The fact that a game with a zombie theme can be so unique still surprises me. I was really confused about what I was feeling throughout the game. I especially loved the music, and the voice acting.
  51. Sep 25, 2014
    The most perfectly balanced story driven game I've yet played. Amazing story, plenty of action and activities, it has a very long, thoughtful and interesting plot, with great animation, character development and the combat is actually pretty awesome too.

I wish they had some better DLC right now, but I'm definitely keeping my eye on the future of this title.
  52. Sep 27, 2014
    there are a lot of people complaining about this game. Maybe angry x box fans,maybe unmedicated adhd suffers. It is not halo. it is not uncharted. it is not resident evil. These comparisons only serve to tell what the game isn't. Yes the beginning gameplay is a little slow like a movie, but it isnt a movie. I dont know what all the haters out there are looking for but something tells methere are a lot of people complaining about this game. Maybe angry x box fans,maybe unmedicated adhd suffers. It is not halo. it is not uncharted. it is not resident evil. These comparisons only serve to tell what the game isn't. Yes the beginning gameplay is a little slow like a movie, but it isnt a movie. I dont know what all the haters out there are looking for but something tells me all theyre looking for is something to hate on. The gameplay is intense, the graphics are stunning. its not too easy, its not too hard. im not a hardcore gamer so i didnt even notice any real ai glitches. Yes the characters are deep. the emotion can touch you. Its not your average game. if you want to be late for work, buy this game. If you want sore thumbs and your girlfriend to yell at you for ignoring her, buy this game. Very immersive. Expand
  53. Oct 22, 2014
    This was the best game i've ever played!!!! Awesome!
    That´s amazing atmosphere and characters. I'll waiting for ne next game of episode. Very great!!!!!!!
  54. Jan 21, 2015
    I gotta say, I played this expecting it to be really good. Heard it was great so I got in in mid summer 2014. I loved the games story, though I was frustrated the first time playing but I was still learning so I can't complain. The replay of the video games story is wonderful, graphics are great. The multiplayer is fun and it's just a great adventure overall. People complain about howI gotta say, I played this expecting it to be really good. Heard it was great so I got in in mid summer 2014. I loved the games story, though I was frustrated the first time playing but I was still learning so I can't complain. The replay of the video games story is wonderful, graphics are great. The multiplayer is fun and it's just a great adventure overall. People complain about how games are becoming more like a movie, though isn't that a good thing? Look at the Resident Evil movies, nobody liked them but the stories in the video games aren't great either. I am happy that this video game is having an official movie and no doubt it will be great as well. Expand
  55. May 24, 2015
    Of all my reviews The Last of us/remastered is the only 10 I have given. This game is amazing. Story will keep you on the edge of your seat. I spent hours playing multiplayer which is very good and the story you play in the multiplayer is fun and keeps you on your toes.
  56. Dec 28, 2014
    Hands down best gaming experience for me in the last 10 years. Controls are tight, gameplay is solid, story is engrossing, characters are believable and seamlessly integrated. Nothing but praise here, Buy it.. Play it... Enjoy it.
  57. Nov 27, 2014
    From the moment you start until the moment you finish; this game feels special.

I would place it right next to your favorite t.v. show or movie and it would compete.

It's the new gold standard of gaming.
  58. Dec 9, 2014
    One of the best games for the PS3, amazing art direction, great setting, some really good tension, definitely worth playing. Online multiplayer must be dead by the time of writing, but don't let that distract you from the story mode :D
  59. Dec 30, 2014
    The Last of Us creates a story with a fully realized world and well developed characters that grips you and absorbs you to the world. The lingering of dread really adds to the survival aspect of the game. And the gameplay just adds to how excellent the game is, because it really feels like a true survival horror. This is a definitive masterpiece.
  60. Jan 26, 2015
    What can I say that no one else has said, great unique gameplay, a variety of engaging, well developed characters and an out of this world narrative. The online for this was great and it is just a marvel all the way for gaming, I just loved this game.
  61. Jan 19, 2015
    this game is easily not only my ps3 game of all time it was also my game of the year of 2013 if anyone has a ps3 or a ps4 play this game you will not regret it
  62. Jan 22, 2015
    After watching AngryJoes video review of this , I though (well,ok,TIME TO GO TO GAMESTOP!) . Moments later,I got the game out of the case and placed it inside the DVD-ROM of my Playstation 3. And "OH MY GOD" , this game is absolutely MIND-BLOWING! Just the characters and how well acted they are is already a worthy 5! But that's just the characters,how 'bout the story you ask? It's theAfter watching AngryJoes video review of this , I though (well,ok,TIME TO GO TO GAMESTOP!) . Moments later,I got the game out of the case and placed it inside the DVD-ROM of my Playstation 3. And "OH MY GOD" , this game is absolutely MIND-BLOWING! Just the characters and how well acted they are is already a worthy 5! But that's just the characters,how 'bout the story you ask? It's the final icing to the cake on this one! It's the one thing that gives this game all the praise from the CRITICS and the FANS! Oh and the gameplay , gameplay is so amazing , may yet be the BEST 3RD-PERSON SHOOTER EVER MADE . So with all that said,the game,of course also has atleast a bit of faults. In this case,the only fault of this game is it's ending . And it ended up giving me the "MEH" kind of feeling in top tier games like this. If that really was the ending of this game,then I HOPE that "The Last of Us 2" will just be as a MASTERPIECE as this one! Don't fail the sequel! Oh DEAR GOD PLEASE!

But will all that said,this game deserves the highest rating I could possibly give. A 10/10
    No Doubt,XBOX Fanboys and girls,just try not to wage war on us (Sony Fans) because we praise this game. It's just because it's that amazing and its that of a MASTERPIECE! GO GET A PS3 OR PS4!
  63. Jan 19, 2015
    Where do I start....Graphics A+, Sound A+, Story A+, Missions A+

Did not feel like I was playing the game on a last gen console. Never for a second felt boring or took my attention away...
  64. Jan 21, 2015
    A masterpiece. Naughty dog had a lot of expectations and they did not fail to deliver them. The creators of the critically acclaimed one of the best game trilogies of all time "Uncharted" Came back with a boom. The game set the tone early and you were hooked instantly. Great character development, Beautiful scenery, outstanding dialogue, and a compelling story.
  65. Jan 29, 2015
    Quite possibly the greatest game ever made, the story mode alone makes this game a 10, from its characters, the amazing storytelling to the spectacular gameplay mechanics and well made cutscenes, the only problem with the game is the AI, other than that the game is perfect.
  66. Mar 27, 2015
    There are few games that come along that are able to combine stunning visuals, immersive worlds, engaging gameplay, impeccable writing, superb character development, meaningful collectibles, and the ability to carry those accomplishments through a well-paced and suspenseful narrative that leaves you satisfied, resolved, yet wanting more. The Last of Us achieves this, perhaps better thanThere are few games that come along that are able to combine stunning visuals, immersive worlds, engaging gameplay, impeccable writing, superb character development, meaningful collectibles, and the ability to carry those accomplishments through a well-paced and suspenseful narrative that leaves you satisfied, resolved, yet wanting more. The Last of Us achieves this, perhaps better than any game before it and it’ll be awhile until it happens again. This is all because of the masterful geniuses over at Naughty Dog, a game development studio that prides itself on the ability to create interactive stories that entertain on a whole other level. This particular game was led by Neil Druckmann and Bruce Straley whose delicate balance between movie-esque cutscenes and player control help create an ebb and flow that works flawlessly.

The Last of Us follows the relationship of Joel and Ellie as they fight for survival in a post-apocalyptic world. Joel is a middle-aged man who has become hardened by the world, while Ellie is a young fourteen year old girl who has known nothing besides the quarantine zone she has lived in her whole life. Outside the quarantine zone walls are infected humans who have become victim to Cordyceps, a real type of fungus that takes over the brain (so far only in insects, don’t freak out) and causes odd behavior. Perhaps the greater threats are the humans who are not infected, who fight for the little resources that are left in this world.
    These resources are scarce, and are what makes The Last of Us gameplay something unique, special, and fun. During my first play-through on the PlayStation 3, I played through the normal mode and searched everywhere for anything I could find, and gathered together quite a bit of supplies. But even at my highest moments I had only a couple rounds of ammo. When I returned to the game on the PlayStation 4, I opted for the hardest difficulty, Grounded, and rarely had more than a handful of bullets. This makes every encounter with any enemy tense, forcing you to be stealthy and use bricks and bottles to distract opponents one by one. No matter the difficulty, The Last of Us makes sure you know the desperation that Joel feels and the motivation he must maintain to make every shot count.

The enemies you use these resources against are exceptional as well, with AI and dialogue that make them feel human. For example, if you shoot at a hunter with no more ammo and your gun clicks, then he will shout “he’s out of ammo!” and the rest of the group will become more aggressive. If you take an enemy hostage as a human shield then the others will plead for you to let him go with surprisingly earnest and distressed inflection. This makes murder in The Last of Us feel more real than almost any other game, for you genuinely feel the weight of the death in a world with not many people left.

The other adversaries you’ll encounter are infected humans who are found in different stages of infection. Some are in the initial stages of the fungi spreading in their head, causing them to be able to see and run, yet their hearing is awful. The fungus then explodes out of their eyes, causing them to be unable to see but giving them bat-like sonar hearing. They are also a much greater threat with their bites able to kill you instantly. This balance between humans, “runners,” “Clickers,” and more make each new environment thrilling. You must strategize for each kind of encounter and constantly shift your play-style in order to adjust to the foe you face.

All of this fighting for survival takes place in a world where nature has reclaimed everything. Skyscrapers and buildings crumble as years of rain, rot, and rust slowly cause cities to decay. Grass and trees grow in the cracks and turn urban areas into lush forests. Naughty Dog’s attention to detail, use of vivid colors as well as appealing earth tones, and wonderful ambient music (composed by the gifted Gustavo Santaolalla) set the stage for every moment of survival, rest, and exploration.

Neil Druckmann’s writing is dark, authentic, and believable in every character. Out of a fear of spoiling the development of any of the characters I will simply say that Joel and Ellie are characters of tremendous depth, and each member of the accompanying cast not only inspire evolution of Joel and Ellie’s personality but also have enough complexity to stand on their own. These characters are portrayed exquisitely by extraordinarily talented actors, including Troy Baker (Joel) and Ashley Johnson (Ellie). Naughty Dog uses motion capture on a stage to capture both body movements and voice work at the same time to create a fluid and natural performance.

The Last of Us is a work of art, a work of genius, and a masterpiece that sets a very high standard for story-driven games going forward. The diligence of Naughty Dog pays off and their success is a game everyone should experience. Go play it, and make every shot count.
  67. Mar 17, 2016
    Another masterpiece from the celebrated developer! this game takes you on a journey of unbelievable emotions you feel you have to protect the girl and survive, engaging story and amazing gameplay.
  68. Mar 25, 2015
    I played "The Last of Us" when it first came out, and to this day it's still my favorite game. When describing it to friends I describe the experience of playing this game as, "3 days of nonstop anxiety and sadness, and absolutely stunning" but it is really so much more than that.

The animation style was fluid and beautiful, and put you in the mindset and emotional state required to play as those characters, and to really invest yourself in the story, and it allowed you to really think, "what would I do in this situation."

I am a little bit biased towards liking stories and games like this; however. A realistic (almost to realistic story) highlighting the moral ambiguity or dubiousness of a character.

Good story, music and animation. I would recommend it to anyone who could handle it.
  69. Oct 1, 2015
    Never play this game ever! Once you have played this game, you will expect more for any other game! Which makes me hard to find other great game. Undermining.
  70. Oct 13, 2015
    Amazing, Perfect, Awesome, this game is this and more in every aspect Simply one of the greatest games ever.
  71. Sep 18, 2015
    Is the gameplay perfect? No. Is the action polished? No. But this is the game that revived my interest in the PS and consoles in general. From replay-ability to script and cinematography, this game did what Square tried to do and utterly failed with the later FF's. It brought that initial Biohazard scare along with characters that you actually, truely rooted for. This is a gem folks.
  72. Mar 12, 2016
    First off the games all about a story, the menu opens up and it starts with a fart in the wind .feathers blowing and and an unlocked window. From what I take from it the games got wierd angled storyline, its about Child exploitation subliminally or **** even if theres no sex. I don't want to be a 40 year old with a 14 year old girl. the game is.18 and.over you're not.even allowed to.playFirst off the games all about a story, the menu opens up and it starts with a fart in the wind .feathers blowing and and an unlocked window. From what I take from it the games got wierd angled storyline, its about Child exploitation subliminally or **** even if theres no sex. I don't want to be a 40 year old with a 14 year old girl. the game is.18 and.over you're not.even allowed to.play it if your her age group. the subliminal **** aside i.cant follow the storyline at all. even stoned. I sold thjs game and the only.people that wanted it looked like incestual fathers and sex offenders who want to.see w 14 year old. after all the remakes and deprived games.sony made.i dont get the story line or hype. the actual game.is.good its got.a bit of everything snd the controls are not clunky. it's still.missing.controls though like.typical japanese **** graphics.are.best I ever seen in real.time bht i skipped through them and what I amnleft with is a typical game on rails. the ai doesnt change the replay value is too see this chick. I had 14 yewr old girlfroend in 2013. it threw me off. Its one creepy relationship, this girl. is the emo cutter type or.street hooker and a fully grown man. such a wierd type.of setting for millions. this game overrated no one rrwlly wants to.see that. Expand
  73. Mar 1, 2016
    Cutscene concentration too high. Graphics OK, but for PS3. Whole gameplay is just walking through a corridor between cutscenes. The story is good, but nothing special. No idea, why it is so overhyped.
  74. Jan 8, 2016
    I feel that The Last of Us is overrated. The graphics and sound were both very well done, as was the story, but I found the gameplay quite repetitive and tedious. The Last of Us utilizes stealth, which functions well, but the AI isn't the best, which takes a little bit away from it. The aspect that really makes me frown upon the game is the amount of time dedicated to carrying ladders andI feel that The Last of Us is overrated. The graphics and sound were both very well done, as was the story, but I found the gameplay quite repetitive and tedious. The Last of Us utilizes stealth, which functions well, but the AI isn't the best, which takes a little bit away from it. The aspect that really makes me frown upon the game is the amount of time dedicated to carrying ladders and shoving around crates to climb over obstacles. A third of the damn game was spent lugging around heavy objects so Joel could continue on finding more crates to shove, more repetitive combat, or another boring cutscene. Naughty Dog did, however, hit the atmosphere right on the head, and come up with a fairly good story, although it's nothing revolutionary. They also did a great job with the voice acting and the game's characters in general. I might've reviewed it a little harshly, but I don't feel it quite deserves an eight. Expand
  75. May 11, 2016
    The BEST game i've played in my entire life.The story is really touching, and the gameplay is simply AWESOME! The graphics are the best i've seen on the PS3.Well, for me, this is one of the best games ever made, and ,when you play it, it will be hard to stop.And even when you end it you will want MORE !
  76. Nov 11, 2016
    Best game I have ever played. I have played hundreds of games since the 1990's and this game is my favorite out of all of them. I bought both the PS3 version and the PS4 version.
  77. Jan 19, 2014
    Never have I completed an interactive experience such as this one. An incredibly beautifully created game with intense, solid, brutal gameplay, and a narrative that grips and keeps moving you along in a way that I've never had before. Fantastic acting and dynamic interactions. The character movement may feel a bit clunky compared to other current titles, but it's a small thing toNever have I completed an interactive experience such as this one. An incredibly beautifully created game with intense, solid, brutal gameplay, and a narrative that grips and keeps moving you along in a way that I've never had before. Fantastic acting and dynamic interactions. The character movement may feel a bit clunky compared to other current titles, but it's a small thing to overlook when considering the overall masterpiece that this gem really is. A greatly satisfying and thought-provoking journey. Expand
  78. Mar 8, 2014
    The greatest game of this generation. We dive into this universe in awe and full emotion capacity. The Last Of Us portrays its message clearly and gives us an experience that we may never get again (unless Naughty Dog tops it off with a sequel, which is not impossible btw, hehe.) But hey, I have never played a video game as spectacular as this. I can emphasize with the story and the way itThe greatest game of this generation. We dive into this universe in awe and full emotion capacity. The Last Of Us portrays its message clearly and gives us an experience that we may never get again (unless Naughty Dog tops it off with a sequel, which is not impossible btw, hehe.) But hey, I have never played a video game as spectacular as this. I can emphasize with the story and the way it invites us to enter its universe is really marvelous. An unforgettable video game, it still resonates to this day in my mind. Expand
  79. Jul 12, 2013
    Recipe for one of the greatest games ever. 1part Resident Evil, 1 part Metal Gear Solid, 1 part Far Cry 3. These are the 3 games that came to mind when playing, "The Last of Us". Whomever was responsible for RE 5 and 6, should be ashamed of themselves after playing this game. This is how Survival horror should be done. I wouldn't be surprised if future developers copy the formula for thisRecipe for one of the greatest games ever. 1part Resident Evil, 1 part Metal Gear Solid, 1 part Far Cry 3. These are the 3 games that came to mind when playing, "The Last of Us". Whomever was responsible for RE 5 and 6, should be ashamed of themselves after playing this game. This is how Survival horror should be done. I wouldn't be surprised if future developers copy the formula for this game. It is a thrilling roller coaster ride of feelings and emotions while playing. It is my first game in which the narrative actually made me uncomfortable during CG scenes. How the developers blended survival horror with stealth was genius. When enemies are alerted, the game actually sounds off with the same alert you hear when playing Metal Gear. It makes me wonder, if they had to liscense that from Konami. Ammo? Yes, there is ammo, and health kits, and craftable items. However, these items are scarce, and when you do come across them. BUCKLE UP!! because your going for a gut wrenching, intense ride of gameplay that you've never experienced. The Uncharted simuarities are here as well. The Graphics, cut scenes, and even some light platforming elements brought Uncharted to mind. The slight visual cues of where to go next we're a nice touch and typical of naughty dog games. My comparison to Far Cry 3 is small, but it was there. Every time you run into a group of enemies, there is a strategy you can formulate to take them all down in your most efficient way possible. Some encounters, you don't even have to fight if you choose the stealthiest path. Good luck with that. Why? because when you encounter your first human enemy, you will be terrified. You will panic and probably try to Call of Duty them to death, and you will lose. Then you will have your first run in with an infected, and the same thing will happen. At some point you will hide behind cover for awhile and hope they just go away. But they won't. You will have to engage at some point and attempt to dispatch them, while your mouth fills with vomit from the constant stress and anxiety you will experience. There is down time. During these moments, things will appear tranquill and serene. You will ask questions of the world created by Naughty Dog. How can post apocolypto be some pretty and f'd up at the same time? After your nerves are racked, there will be moments of, "why is the game prompting me to pick up this weapon?" why is there unlimited ammo for a moment? "OH! so you can kick my ass some more......" End scene, and some down time before they mind F you some more. Unbelieveable. Anyone that owns a PS3 should purchase this game. I personally loved it and hated it at the same time. I am not a fan of stealth games like Metal Gear, Splinter Cell and some of my worst moments of Assassins Creed games. It makes me want to go back and try those games again. I feel like i've just been sent to Survival Horror, Stealth bootcamp. The great part is, the game does a great job of building you up and ripping you down. In it's finale, you will have a variety of killing devices at you diposal. I guarantee you won't use them. Because the game sucks? NO!! because by the time you arrive at the finish line, it's crucibal, you will be a seasoned killing machine, that relys on cunning tactics and stealth to get through. You will feel empowered, like a predator stalking it's prey. Your enemies will fear you, and you will be numb with emotion. All the items in your inventory are there to tease the weak. Those that decide to Rambo their way through the end, will have missed out on what makes it great. Which is why the game punishes you for using that type of strategy. It can be done, but it will be a harder path. Those indaviduals that can stay calm and focus their emotions will get most of what this world is all about. It took me 2 weeks to beat this game. Partly because of my disdain for games like this and also becuase it terrified me. Anymore than 45- 60 min a sitting was all I could stomach. I was petrified of what was waiting for me around every corner. I thought this game was great. It was made for everybody and nobody at the same time. Most people play video games to have fun and let loose. This game is not fun. Not in the way that your used to anyway. Gamers that love this stuff, will......have fun...most of us will be all screwed up and distraught after playing. The thing is, this sort of game has been done before. Just not quite like this. It has a genre unto its own. The Last of Us really does reinvent the wheel to some extent. The reason why it messes with you, is because the experiences it delivers are new and fresh. The same infected zombie that freaked you in the early parts of the game, will still freak you out in the end. The game doesn't give you a chance to be comfortable with your surroundings. Im giving it a ten only because it blew my mind. How could I not. I've been a gamer for 30+ years, and never has a game nocked my nitz off like "The Last of Us". Expand
  80. Oct 8, 2013
    It's a Naughty Dog game, does anything else really need to be said? Expect excellence because this game will gut punch you out of your seat from the very opening scene, and never let you go.
  81. May 5, 2016
    One of the most emotionally grueling video games I've ever played. The Last of Us mixes excellent gameplay with rich storytelling and characters. The high stakes are actually felt here, and when certain characters are lost it is at times very sobering. A truly challenging game on various levels, but also incredibly rewarding. A haunting, addicting, and unforgettable experience.
  82. Feb 28, 2014
    This is an Epic survival zombie game with a great story that takes place in a post-apocalyptic world with nice detailed scenery. The stealthing is smooth and gun (or bow!) -slinging feels proper. I really like that there is a natural dialogue between the characters as you play through the game. It has a good gameplay design, but one thing I didn't like about it is that you upgrade yourThis is an Epic survival zombie game with a great story that takes place in a post-apocalyptic world with nice detailed scenery. The stealthing is smooth and gun (or bow!) -slinging feels proper. I really like that there is a natural dialogue between the characters as you play through the game. It has a good gameplay design, but one thing I didn't like about it is that you upgrade your weapons. I have grown a bit tired of all the unlocks and leveling up in games these days, but its a minor detail here. Playing this title is an experience and it is one of my favourite games of ALL times! Expand
  83. Nov 8, 2013
    One of the best games ever from a story and character development standpoint. People saying this is just a movie? Sure it has 3 hours of cut-scenes, but 10-13 hours of gameplay. This story is so gripping, no other game has made you feel so attached to the characters. This is a masterpiece.
  84. Sep 11, 2013
    The Last of Us can easily be, in my opinion, the best PS3 game that Sony has ever released. Naughty Dog's contribution to this gen console is above and beyond your basic third person action game. The world they've created with the Last of Us is believable as well as tense. Within the first five minutes you feel for Joel as this pandemic hits him especially hard and the game uses the momentThe Last of Us can easily be, in my opinion, the best PS3 game that Sony has ever released. Naughty Dog's contribution to this gen console is above and beyond your basic third person action game. The world they've created with the Last of Us is believable as well as tense. Within the first five minutes you feel for Joel as this pandemic hits him especially hard and the game uses the moment to tug at your emotions to where you want to put yourself in its place. The game is taut, filled with suspense, and makes you think of what people will actually do to survive day by day and you ask yourself, what if this was me. If you haven't played this game yet you are missing out on one of the best experiences that the PlayStation 3 has to offer. If you do not have a PS3 then buy one, because this game will not let you down. Expand
  85. Dec 30, 2013
    We are now within the final years of the PS3, and Naughty Dog decided to make them the finest. It's like they took "Uncharted", "Resistance" and "Heavy Rain" together, and made what we call "The Last of Us". I'm no fan of horror games, so I don't know how their supposed to be in general, but to me this game was very scary. The stealth sections just intensify that fear; so much that I feelWe are now within the final years of the PS3, and Naughty Dog decided to make them the finest. It's like they took "Uncharted", "Resistance" and "Heavy Rain" together, and made what we call "The Last of Us". I'm no fan of horror games, so I don't know how their supposed to be in general, but to me this game was very scary. The stealth sections just intensify that fear; so much that I feel like going guns blazing to get over it. And while you can go gun blazing, it has its costs: you put yourself and other allies at greater risk, and you end up wasting ammo. Speaking of ammo, you really must conserve as you can't carry much, and finding ammo is rare. And when you do find it, it's not much. So use your guns as a FINAL RESORT. And no rechargeable health here either; it's back to finding medkits. And even though you can carry medkits, using them will leave you vulnerable.

Now onto the story. It is one of the greatest and most personal stories ever written. This isn't about the disease, or mankind. It's about Joel and Ellie. They are very human and you'll want to see how their relationship develops over the course of the story. Not spoiling anything, but let's just say that there are times that will make you say, "Would I have done that?"

As for online, it's quite fun. You really need teamwork. And no gun-blazing or rechargeable health either. Leave you Call of Duty attitude at the door, and you'll do well.

Games like these tell us not to abandon the PS3 yet. And if you don't have a PS3, now is the time. So what if it's 7 years old? That just means you have seven years worth of epic games in its library, and "The Last of Us" is one of them.
  86. Feb 13, 2014
    The Last of Us is an achievement in gaming, not just in 2013, but all time. It is also a perfect way to bookend this generation of gaming. The Last of Us has one of the most engaging story I have ever experienced in a game. Not because its really original, but because how well executed it is. From the voice acting, motion capture, score, to the beautiful graphics, it all pulls you in rightThe Last of Us is an achievement in gaming, not just in 2013, but all time. It is also a perfect way to bookend this generation of gaming. The Last of Us has one of the most engaging story I have ever experienced in a game. Not because its really original, but because how well executed it is. From the voice acting, motion capture, score, to the beautiful graphics, it all pulls you in right from the first shot. Game-play-wise it is a strategic stealth/action game that has some of the most brutal action I've seen in any form of entertainment. If you own a PS3 you need to play The Last of Us. You owe it to yourself to play the PS3's crowning jewel! Expand
  87. Sep 21, 2013
    One of the best games available for the PS3. Big on story that draws you in. I expected a Resident Evil type of gameplay taking down hoards of undead but you actually wind up killing about 50x more people. It's a bit depressing, as almost every human encounter turns for the worse having humanity show it's dark side. It does make the story all the more compelling however. It will have youOne of the best games available for the PS3. Big on story that draws you in. I expected a Resident Evil type of gameplay taking down hoards of undead but you actually wind up killing about 50x more people. It's a bit depressing, as almost every human encounter turns for the worse having humanity show it's dark side. It does make the story all the more compelling however. It will have you on the edge of your seat all the way through. I thought I knew how the game would end, but I was surprised. Completed the game in ~14 hours. Expand
  88. Jul 1, 2013
    Purchased the game on the release date.
    Played through the single player story on Hard difficulty. It took me 21 hours to complete.
    Played about 2 hours of multiplayer. My impressions: Story is fantastic. The character development is very good and I liked how the world was fleshed out via optional conversations, newspaper clippings, notes and other artifacts. The graphics are
    Purchased the game on the release date.
    Played about 2 hours of multiplayer.

My impressions:
    The graphics are incredible and probably the best I've seen on PS3. (I saw one review compare this to the PC, which is a stupid and meaningless comparison since the hardware is not comparable).
    The controls are tight, although it took me some time to get accustomed since I don't play many 3rd person games (only played Uncharted 1 for Naughty Dog games).
    Sound is great, with well-suited music that sets the right tone and some scary effects from the infected.
    The gameplay is somewhat limited to the stealth mechanic, although you do gunfight with bandits and use a cover system. I like the stealth mechanic and the listen mode, which allows you to listen and then see enemies through walls.

Multiplayer:
    It's a pretty different experience. Teamwork and stealth are important. There is some decent depth in terms of perk upgrades and weapons. It's 4 v 4 so it's pretty important to work together and it can be tough with strangers who don't mesh. I liked it quite a bit but I am still learning to craft items (like in the single player) and move with strategy.

I've read some other comments and some thing I do agree with:
    Once you've completed the single player you may not want to play again since the story is known. There is a Survivor difficulty which takes away the listen mode and a New Game which still allows you to keep weapon and ability upgrades. There are also collectibles to find, some of which enhance your abilities. I looked as much as possible but missed quite a bit. At the Hard difficulty I had to replay much but I think 15-20 hours is probably normal time.

The mulitplayer is good, but I'm not sure I'm into it enough to play it for a very long time (i.e. 20+ hours). Still a good amount of content though.There is also DLC coming (for both single and multiplayer) if you are into that.

I guess this could be the only criticism that there is somewhat limited replay value but it is there and there are trophies for completionists. I would consider reasonable scores to be 7 -10, anything lower I think is unreasonable but you can decide for yourself.

One last point this game does use an online pass so used sales will probably not have multiplayer access.
  89. Feb 16, 2015
    I'm not usually someone who gives out perfect scores to newer games but I feel that Naughty Dog deserve it for The Last of Us. It's the perfect last title to play on your PS3, with some unforgettable moments (the university level being my personal favorite), interesting gameplay mechanics, and truly impressive visuals for a PS3 exclusive. Uncharted 2: Among Thieves may still be my favoriteI'm not usually someone who gives out perfect scores to newer games but I feel that Naughty Dog deserve it for The Last of Us. It's the perfect last title to play on your PS3, with some unforgettable moments (the university level being my personal favorite), interesting gameplay mechanics, and truly impressive visuals for a PS3 exclusive. Uncharted 2: Among Thieves may still be my favorite PS3 game but The Last of Us is also something truly special -- one of those games that you just need to play all the way through to fully appreciate. Expand
  90. Jun 24, 2013
    I only played some of the story mode but so far it's great. I mean there are flawed moments. How can every story be perfect? I say this is almost perfect and as for multiplayer. I'll say it's like anything I've played so far. Sure it's another shooter but the the whole crafting thing makes it fun and the upgrades on the spot adds a spice to it. I've been playing more of the multiplayer butI only played some of the story mode but so far it's great. I mean there are flawed moments. How can every story be perfect? I say this is almost perfect and as for multiplayer. I'll say it's like anything I've played so far. Sure it's another shooter but the the whole crafting thing makes it fun and the upgrades on the spot adds a spice to it. I've been playing more of the multiplayer but don't get me wrong, the story mode is already epic. In the beginning of it, right off the bat, it's awesome. Naughty Dog has done it again! Expand
  91. Jul 20, 2013
    Ok where to begin! The story line is pretty awesome, my only complain was the ending (not going to give any spoilers) I personally did not fully agree with how the game ended but it makes sense overall so its not going to affect the score. I played through the game fully twice on Hard and Survivor and both times were equally as fun which is very rare to find in a game but as withOk where to begin! The story line is pretty awesome, my only complain was the ending (not going to give any spoilers) I personally did not fully agree with how the game ended but it makes sense overall so its not going to affect the score. I played through the game fully twice on Hard and Survivor and both times were equally as fun which is very rare to find in a game but as with Uncharted, Naughty Dog hit it out of the park. Now to the reason I didn't give it a perfect 10. While I do think the multiplayer has fun and great potential to be great I expected a "horde" mode or some sorta infected/zombie related situation but there is nothing. This pretty much defeats a large portion of the game's focus which is this out break. Beyond that the game was fantastic in almost every way I could imagine possible! Expand
  92. Apr 5, 2014
    The Last of Us is a gorgeous and thrilling game with a superb story and great game mechanics. The graphics are stunning and the characters are very memorable and unique. In terms of gameplay mechanics, it plays like Uncharted without a cover system or a climbing system and much more brutal melee mechanics. It also has a superb multiplayer mode and a New Game+ mode to keep you playing afterThe Last of Us is a gorgeous and thrilling game with a superb story and great game mechanics. The graphics are stunning and the characters are very memorable and unique. In terms of gameplay mechanics, it plays like Uncharted without a cover system or a climbing system and much more brutal melee mechanics. It also has a superb multiplayer mode and a New Game+ mode to keep you playing after you finish the 12+ hour campaign. If you have a PS3, you MUST buy this game. Expand
  93. Jan 16, 2014
    This game is great. It's enjoyable, has a fantastic storyline, and is packed full of emotion and grit.
    The ingame relationship between Joel and Ellie is well made, and shows how they fight for survival against the frightning zombies.While the game does offer some new groundbreaking features, it can get a little bit repetitive.
    The enemies are really well made. Everything from the

The enemies are really well made. Everything from the bandits to the zombies look and feel real. During the Clicker scenes, you can't help feeling scared while you're crawling along the floor with clicking in your ear. The game is very emotional, and all the cutscenes are amazing.

But this game does have some cons. As mentioned by some people, enemies do not react to your team mates (Ellie for example). Especially with Bill, he runs like a bloody elephant, and nothing detects him. But if you screw up one tiny bit, the Clickers'll get you. Also, the shooting mechanics are a bit frustrating. To veteran PS3 players, it's a walk in the park, but me (who is new to consoles), it is difficult aiming a pistol.

(Kudos to the people who designed, animated and created the Clickers. Those are some funky as enemies, and one of the greatest zombie types of all time.)

Regarding crafting, what can I say? You scavenge parts and use them to craft items, upgrade your weapons and make Joel be able to shoot faster etc. There is a lot of loot lying around, and you can't be too picky in this time of apocalypse...

All I can say is, get this game. It is an emotional rollercoaster!
  94. May 4, 2015
    Having finally picked this up, it became one of those games that I ran through in one go... sure I slept and worked in between, but from start to finish it didn't get removed from my console until I was done.

A very emotional story from the very start, this is the main thing that will pull you on through the game. The controls, especially the gunplay, are very expertly done too. I

I haven't thought this about many games of recent times, but this game verges on TOO long sometimes, but still I found myself hoping it would never end... what a paradox!

The atmosphere in the post-apocalyptic world is perfectly realised. Unlike many such games, which pit you against ghouls and zombies then introduce the perhaps more dangerous human enemies, this game turns that on its head. The enemy design is fantastic, and some levels are truly tense experiences as you try to bypass the clickers... which I won't spoil here, but they share one thing with L4D's witch - when you hear the audio cues of their proximity, you WILL tense up.

Buy it.
  95. Jun 21, 2013
    I give this game an 8.5!

It's a great game, with a production value that stands among the greats of this generation! The dialogue and voice acting are absolutely amazing, though I would have liked a tiny bit more diversity with the dialogue choices you make a la Mass Effect. That would have been the cherry on the cake. Gameplay-wise, that's where the game lost a few points for me.
    I give this game an 8.5!

Gameplay-wise, that's where the game lost a few points for me. The gameplay mechanic is very well done and I like that you can upgrade your character's skills and weapons. But the level design is somewhat bland, for the exception of a couple of chapters that stands out! The puzzles, if they are considered puzzles, are absolute no brainers, which is a shame for this type of game. The combat is also very unbalanced, in my opinion. I don't like the fact that the clickers and bloaters can one-hit kill you! Being one shot is not a fun gameplay design! It never is, in any game! Yes I know you can upgrade your shiv to be able to counter the clickers' grapple, but it should have been by default anyway, knowing that you can only carry 3 breakable shivs at anytime anyway! Also, I don't like the fact that it takes 3-4-5 bullets/arrows to take down a human enemy! I mean, the game tries it's best to look as realistic as possible, but man if I snipe a guy in the head, he should die, even if he has a freaking helmet on or not! If I shoot you with a shotgun point blank, you die, Kevlar vest or not! If I impale you with an arrow, you are not in top shape condition to fight afterwards, you are either very wounded or dying! Even on higher difficulty levels, it should not take more bullets than it realistically needs to kill a non super-human in a game! What should change in a higher difficulty is the amount of damage you can take though and the enemy AI should become smarter. That's a mistake so many games make and it would make the game's battles much more interesting, especially since one hit stealth kills are so important in this game. I don't see why ranged battles should be any different.

The music does an awesome job at setting the mood right at any situation. And the sound effects are top notch.

Multiplayer is also a cool addition, though not necessary to enjoy the game! The meat of the game definitely resides in it's single player mode.

Overall, The Last of Us is great game, if not one of the best this year, but I do not believe it deserves all the praise it has been given by the press. It has its flaws and some gameplay hiccups that keep it from achieving greatness.
  96. Nov 5, 2013
    I play computer games less and less these days so games have to be truly good for me to fully complete them. The last of us is one of those games, fantastic graphics, gripping story line and natural game play. It is everything resident evil 6 should have been. Hopefully this is the future of computer games.
  97. Aug 4, 2013
    simply a wonderful game to end the generation. The characters are well developed, the world that has been created is interesting and bleak, the combat is intense and enjoyable and the overall tone and emotion of the game is something that is completely unique. There are moments within this game that truly must be experienced. it is a shame it is on only on the playstation as every deservessimply a wonderful game to end the generation. The characters are well developed, the world that has been created is interesting and bleak, the combat is intense and enjoyable and the overall tone and emotion of the game is something that is completely unique. There are moments within this game that truly must be experienced. it is a shame it is on only on the playstation as every deserves to play this wonderful game. Expand
  98. Nov 5, 2013
    Do you want to play a game where your jaw drops every single time you enter a room? Where each moment of gameplay is exciting and terrifying? Where the story drives it so hard that you can't stop playing no matter the circumstances? The Last of Us delivers on all fronts, a driven story and game from beginning to end. Buy this. Never look back. Only play the story from beginning to the gutDo you want to play a game where your jaw drops every single time you enter a room? Where each moment of gameplay is exciting and terrifying? Where the story drives it so hard that you can't stop playing no matter the circumstances? The Last of Us delivers on all fronts, a driven story and game from beginning to end. Buy this. Never look back. Only play the story from beginning to the gut wrenching final moments. Expand
  99. Apr 29, 2014
    Story: 9.7 out of 10 Graphics: 10 out of 10 Gameplay: 9 out of 10 Fun: 9.5 out of 10 Controls: 10 out of 10 Ease to Learn: 9.5 out of 10
    Multiplayer: 8 out of 10
    Length: 8.5 out of 10
    Re-play: 9 out of 10
    Audio: 10 out of 10
    Bugs/Glitches: barely any
  100. Aug 9, 2013
    Abandon hope all ye who shall enter here!! That's certainly the theme here and as I'm concerned,its a good thing! The Last Of Us is made by the very talented team known as Naughty Dog and if your familiar with the uncharted series,you would only expect the best when it came storytelling and they DO NOT disappoint! So lets start off with the good points of this game shall we! Graphics:Abandon hope all ye who shall enter here!! That's certainly the theme here and as I'm concerned,its a good thing! The Last Of Us is made by the very talented team known as Naughty Dog and if your familiar with the uncharted series,you would only expect the best when it came storytelling and they DO NOT disappoint! So lets start off with the good points of this game shall we! Graphics: Incredible!! Naughty Dog pushes the ps3 to its limits,even out doing uncharted 3 with detailed area's beautiful water and smoke effects,fires,ruined buildings etc!! Sound: its average at best until you reach the clickers,their odd sounds will surely be unsettling when you enter dark rooms or new area's. Game mechanics: average at best,controls are tight and responsive and the duck and cover mechanic is very similar to the uncharted series right down to the hand to hand combat but certain weapons like bats, 2 x 4's and shiv's make the fighting a tad more interesting. Story: again its a average at best as its your standard run of the mill zombie apocalypse story where your character must fight to survive who then,meets someone who's immune to the virus and must now create cure to save humanity....the last of us almost never treads new ground as many games and movie's has all too often shown us the dangers of a zombie apocalypse,so why is the last of us worth playing if my review sounds kinda negative save for the graphics? Easy, Joel and ellie!! Although they follow your typical, guy who lost his daughter and refuses to love another child/ ellie,who's your spunky yet average stereotype foul mouth lovable teen, I found it hard NOT to like them as they struggled to form a working relationship. This is where naughty dog took an average,by the numbers story and somehow turn it into a masterpiece! Now the bad points: Enemies: 100% of the time the enemies WILL NOT ATTACK whoever your with if they don't see you first!! It sucks the "survival" aspect and belief right out of game and the player along with it for that matter which ruins the experience. Shiv's can only be used once(or three times if you have three) which i find odd,if you kill a clicker with a shiv( best option people) it magically disappears even when using it too unlock special doors filled with precious resources,but i guess they didn't want players spamming it.Ammo: while its not ABUNDANT its more than enough to get by on since joel has many weapons to use to dispatch his would be dispatchers like the bow,shotgun,sniper rifle,sawed off shotgun and about three hand guns,couple that with the (preferred)option of stealth kills and your basically a god until you play with ellie who gets far less ammo and weapons. Other than those complaints,this average game goes far beyond the limits of other zombies apocalypse games and delivers something truly special. Pick this game up and add it to the list of impressive games that's exclusive to the ps3's library,you won't regret it! 9 out of 10 Expand

1. Sep 16, 2013
  2. Sep 10, 2013
  3. Official PlayStation Magazine Benelux
    Sep 4, 2013
    Despite the breakneck pace of the prologue, it takes quite a while for The Last of Us to pick up some speed again. However, once the cold harsh winter arrives, the action (and story) ramps up. So much so, it puts most Hollywood productions to shame. [July 2013, p.76]