• Publisher: SCEA
  • Release Date: Jun 14, 2013
9.1

1. Jul 26, 2013
    This game is a masterpiece. Like a good arthouse movie. But beware the game is pretty hard even on easy level. I was so tired to pass it. And I've finished Resident Evil 1 twice.
  2. Jul 26, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This is why PlayStation is amazing, because of its great exclusives. I loved everything about this game, the game mechanics, the characters, the graphics, the voice acting, and more things that are endless. This game is awesome because it's not only killing infected people, it has an incredible story and you also have to use your mind for stealth and other things. You can choose whether to be stealth or go straight up on combat. You can talk to Ellie while exploring the beautiful world and you can get more emotionally adapted to them. I guarantee to you that this will be one of the best games you will experience and that it will definitely be at least nominated for game of the year. Also, did I tell you this game has over 50 perfect scores? And don't pay attention to the people who rate this bad, they either down own a PlayStation 3, they don't like an amazing story with stealth, or they only spend their like playing Call of Duty. I also recommend you play the other games of Naughty Dog or other PlayStation exclusives like Uncharted Trilogy, God of War Trilogy, Jak and Daxter Trilogy, Infamous 1 and 2, Crash Bandicoot Trilogy, Sly Cooper Games, Ratchet and Clank Games, LittleBigPlanet 1 and 2, Killzone Trilogy, Journey, Flower, FlOw and Heavy Rain. And if you like zombie or infected people games with good story, I recommend The Walking Dead by Telltale Games and Dead Island (both of them). Expand
  3. Jul 27, 2013
    Superb story, interesting gameplay and very interesting characters
    - The setting is incosistent at times. "Cooperative AI sneaking" often ruins immersion.
  4. Sep 6, 2013
    The rumors are true. This game really is as great as everyone is saying it is! The game has amazing characters, an amazing setting, an amazing story only rivaled by that of Half life games and Bioshock games and a great crafting system where you decide what materials to pick up and what you should use them on. The combat may take time to get used to but its well worth it and the graphics push the limits of the PlayStation 3! Is it an amazing game? perhaps a masterpiece? yes! Expand
  5. Jul 30, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This game was very good and nicely story driven. As an escort mission it did not feel like you were being held back apart from the fact that Ellie could not swim, but that was not a big issue and it added to the story and gameplay.
    I do feel like the combat was repetitive sometimes and dragged on a bit. One of the major downsides that annoyed me way to much was that a lot of the combat sections towards the end ended up with me constantly dying and start from the beginning of that section again. This could of been the fact that I may be a bad player and I played on "Normal" difficulty, but I don't think that is exactly the case.
    The story was amazing and could not have been done better (apart from the ending which left me slightly agitated). The whole concept and the way it was executed by the whole team who worked on this game at Naughty Dog was fantastic.

Due to specific combat mechanics that aren't under my favour I won't give this a 10/10 but apart from that, this game was amazing and is a must-have.
  6. Jul 31, 2013
    The Last of Us surely is worth your money. It boasts a gripping story, fantastic graphics, intense gameplay and of course the best part is definitely the characters and the voice-acting. My only gripe is the ending, I have very mixed emotions about it and without giving anything away, it just felt abrupt and I'm not sure I can fully like it as much as the rest of the story but overall the story is top notch. It beats out most Hollywood blockbusters in terms of quality. The highlight is definitely the relationship between Joel and Ellie.

The gameplay is fairly simple. There's shooting, there's looting and there's crafting. The crafting is very addictive and thanks to the new game plus, I'm able to craft stuff that I didn't in my first run.

It does have its glitches from time to time like for example, there was a part in the game where I was sneaking up on this soldier and all of a sudden Ellie ran in front of him but the soldier didn't notice her....or even saw her for that matter and keep in mind that Ellie was running around in front of him.

Overall, the game is one of the best out there and one that I didn't mind paying full price for. It's a must buy. Hope this review helped
  7. Aug 15, 2013
    The Last of Us is one of the best game I have ever played.This is a great game and if you own a PlayStation you should buy it and play:) this game has a great storyline great music everything great. this game one of my favorite game ever:):):)
  8. Aug 5, 2013
    This game not only offers a fantastic audio-visual presentation, it also takes game play to a new level. While being extremely brutal, violence is a part of the "reality" Joel and Ellie live in.
    The game play is smooth but also very intense. Not being a "horror" fan, the suspense was sometimes almost to much for me. But Last of Us also delivers a great (and in some aspects in the context
    of male-focused games even women-empowering) story. You will almost certainly connect emotionally to the characters.
    I played the game together with my brother, exchanging the controller regularly. I still was never bored.
    A epic milestone in game development!

Whats missing for 10points? A bit more AI for the emenies and sometimes our sidekicks.
  9. Mar 1, 2014
    The Last of Us. A game that will be remembered. Naughty Dog have made a masterpiece. The Last of Us brings you a story that will touch you. The characters, the world and overall the gameplay itself make this game the best that I've ever played. Joel and Ellie are characters that you will fall in love with The game tells the story of their relationship and how from totally disliking each other they become best friends and even more.

Throughout the game you will find interesting items that you can use to craft bombs, shivs, med kits and other things to help you survive in the environment which is done beautifully. The combat system is one of the most interesting things you will see. It's not about run and gun, you have to use your brain and think before you act which will be a blast because of the many different ways to approach each fight. You can even chose to avoid conflict completely.

The graphics of the game are one of the most satisfying graphics you'll see not because of how well they are done (and they are done VERY well) but because of the way they make the game look so believable and so much mor satisfying.

You might find yourself crying while playing the game and you might feel attached to the character which will make you think about the world that we live in and how people treat one another. Joel and Ellie will touch your heart and you will have an experience that you would want to remember forever and make you wish that they were real.
  10. Aug 5, 2013
    I first bought his game two days ago and I think it's really good. However, the only things that ticked me off a little bit were the graphics and the really low amount of ammo per gun. Nonetheless, I do kinda think the low ammunitin "issue"(in my opinion)is actually a good feature of the game, cause it motivates you to be really precise about your shots, which makes you seem like a hardcore killer. Another thing, Ellie is now becoming my favorite character in the game, because she has awesome killing skills which makes me remind her of Hit-Girl from Kick-Ass also, I do feel a little funny saying this, but I'm getting kinda attracted to Ellie lol. Overall it's an awesome game! :D Expand
  11. Aug 7, 2013
    Technically and mechanically the best game I have ever played and will go down as one of my favorites. Naughty Dog once again create s a visually striking game that takes familiar concepts and perfects them to create another great AAA title. Everything you do throughout the game carries weight and further immerses you into the atmosphere and story like no other game has ever done.
  12. Apr 8, 2014
    Un videojuego fascinte y adicitivo que te atrapara en el primer minuto, una narracion extraordinaria, graficos apabullantes, personajes increibles y carismaticos, todo eso junto con una duracion de unas 12 o 17 horas por lo menos. Es maravilloso como este juego al jugarlo sientas que de verdad estas en un escenario apocaliptico. Sin duda y siendo sincero fue el mejor juego del 2013.
  13. Aug 7, 2013
    Can I just briefly point out to all those unaware, this is NOT a zombie game The Last of Us exceeded all of my expectations, high as they were, and I can only find an incredibly small amount of problems. For starters, any of the characters other than the one you are playing (Joel) can make as much noise as they would like and stand in the open and not attract attention from enemies, but when Joel sneezes it brings on a herd of infected/survivors. Other small things, like being allowed to pass through a door in the middle of a fight and not be followed, as if the enemy forgot you were there the moment you left the scene, or lack of any true brain-teasing puzzles kind of takes you out of the deep immersion you would be in at any other time. Other than that, I have to say the ambiance, combined with the stunning voice acting and truly amazing graphics of the game took my breath away. I hope Naughty Dog gave themselves a good pat on the back, because this game is most definitely in my top 3 favorites of all time. Expand
  14. Aug 7, 2013
    i give this game a 8 because its one i think a fan of every genre can pick up and play and enjoy, it does a lot of things right but i do think the game is overrated, the game does a lot of things well and does nothing bad plus has a great story which i think makes it deserve the 8...9 and 10 i reserve for games i have to play at least twice and games i cant stop thinking about and long for i beat the last of us in 3 days it sat on my dresser for 2 weeks then i traded it in during one of gamestop's specials and i'm so happy about that i haven't missed it for 1 minute Expand
  15. Oct 19, 2013
    There is only one word to describe The Last of Us, flawless. When it comes to graphics, this game is arguably the best ever. There were countless moments when I would stop and look at everything around me in awe. The combat was perfect for the game and the way the game smoothly interacted with the environment was impeccable. The story and it's characters were excellent but were they really excelled was the relationships and the way they were developed. The story always had you on your toes and you were always scared for lives of the characters. The game did a swell job at always mixing it up. Constantly changing the weather and the environment gave the game a feeling of unpredictability and always stayed fresh. After the long journey of emotional tear, it leaves you with satisfying ending. Expand
  16. Aug 8, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. There is something in The Last of Us that calls everyone´s attention, and that called my own attention when I started playing as Sarah. The immersion level on this game is incredible. The animations on playable characters such as Joel or Ellie, the amazing graphics (for a console); this is perhaps the best-looking game I have ever played on a console, and I can´t wait for Naughty Dog´s release on the PS4. Voice acting is gorgeous and the game´s plot is just genius, mixing a post-apocalyptic setting with the super complex relation between Joel and Ellie. The protagonists´ character development is one of the best I have ever seen, and the ending is one of the most unexpected ones I have ever experienced in a game.
    However, this game fails in being an actual GAME. Fight sequences are amazing the first couple of times. My first personal encounter with clickers was tremendously difficult to overcome and I had to replay it over and over again. But when you get used to the fighting gameplay and you familiarize with the not-so-good enemy AI, gameplay starts getting kind of repetitive. In my opinion, gameplay is one of the most important parts of a game.
    Another problem I found was that enemy skins kept repeating themselves over and over again! I think I killed the same bandit like fifty times!! I couldn´t believe that a game where each room you enter tells you a story without saying a single word, didn´t have a wider variety of skins!!
    I played the game just once, as I believe that replaying this game would ruin the amazing memory I have of the first gameplay. I played it in normal difficulty, knowing some people that had to change the difficulty to easy because it was too much for them. I couldn´t believe they had to do that!! Reaching the final chapters I was literally able to predict every single movement a clicker or a human would make. The game became so much easier... One of the things I love to see in games is a consistent challenge, never letting you master the game, as difficulty keeps increasing more and more. This was nonexistent in The Last of Us. Perhaps in a few months, after I have lent the game to all my friends, I will replay it on the hard difficulty.
    Level design was excellent, plot was excellent, character and enemy design were GORGEOUS although repetitive, difficulty *meh...*, voice acting was incredible, gameplay was repetitive, top notch, high-quality violence everywhere (loved it). I think this game was a little bit overrated. It won´t ever be the "BEST GAME EVER", but it will surely remain in the heart and memory of anyone who plays it. Thus, my score.
  17. Aug 31, 2013
    Simply put the last of us is the best PS3 exclusive there is and by a long way at that. It's also a contender for game of the year. The story, characters, world, voice acting, gameplay mechanics and graphics are all phenomenal. Some might think not another zombie game and technically this is not a zombie game but man it's the best zombie game there is. The makers of Uncharted Naughty Dog have done it again and if you're think does it play like uncharted it does but only better. Also this might be a surprise for some the online multiplayer is really, really good and very addictive. Now you won't be getting this game for online multiplayer because the story mode is one of the best in gaming history but from a guy who doesn't play much online and even less shooters the last of us online multiplayer is phenomenal. If there's one game to get this year for PS3 make it the last of us. Expand
  18. Aug 19, 2013
    Just finished playing the game. Apart from the emotional storyline and amazing graphics, the game have awesome Gameplay. Weapon crafting is one of the most interesting things about this game. Awesome combat with option to kill enemies with guns or silently. There are two points to be noticed if you want to enjoy this game at extreme level. One is you have to play the game in normal mode or higher. Second: dont read the story just play and it will keep on giving you surprises. Expand
  19. Aug 13, 2013
    A classic story, incredible graphics, and unforgettable characters really make this game shine. I only wish I could have been actually playing for most of the game, rather than watching a cutscene. I feel like this game would have made a better movie.
  20. Aug 14, 2013
    I'll start off by saying that The Last of Us is one of the best games I've ever played. The characters have realistic and fantastic personalities and relationships. The atmosphere is gritty and always lacking hope which helps to even further immerse yourself in the game and it's fantastic story. With most story driven games, the gameplay seems to lack. However, that's not the case here. Supplies are scarce, as they should be, and getting past a room with infected/hunters takes skill and planning. There is almost no music, despite the beautiful soundtrack, and this makes the gameplay even more suspenseful and exciting. Even the multiplayer manages to be unique and exciting! This is a must play for anyone who appreciates story, atmosphere and stealth. Expand
  21. Aug 14, 2013
    This game is amazing very fun and has a very realistic story (it is believable) I had no glitches when played but I heard cases of glitches but that's because of the ps3. It is worth 60 bucks this game personally Is the best game I have ever played (note if you play this game it may leave a large impact on you emotionally if you have a heart) I give it a 10/10 for its meaningful game that is a beautiful masterpiece and I consider it art and it's story is better than all the movies I have ever watched in my opinion. 10/10 if you don't have this game shame on you. Get out of your box and get the game!!!!!! Expand
  22. Aug 17, 2013
    10 out of 10.
    Masterpiece.

Sure there can be some AI-problems here and there, but it's nothing that pulls away from the outstanding story-telling, amazing visuals and the over-all mind-boggling experience. It's simply a must-own addition to anyone with a PS3 lying around.
  23. Aug 15, 2013
    This is a really funny game, you will pass hours in front of the ps3 without notice it. You really have to try this. Brilliant history, the atmosphere is unique and the gameplay is really fun. If you want to pass a really nice time try this one, you won't regreat it.
  24. Aug 16, 2013
    In my Opinion this is a very good game, but not excellent. I am a fan of zombies video games but Last Of Us doesn´t surprise. It has an increible detailed characters, amazing sound and music and promosing characters. But most of the things I played in Last Of Us I played before. I think it is a recopilation of the very best things of zombie´s video games and films, but fails in the lack of innovation. Although, It has unique moments moments that made me get up of my chair and clap my hands.
    I think you must play this game, but don´t be very hype. I´ve got bored many times and some situations remind me uncharted moments. The story is very predictable and hasn´t surprised me in any momento. That´s why I said it is boring.
  25. Aug 17, 2013
    The best game I have ever played. And I have played them all. It has it all, story dialogue, game play that continuously evolves everything. The thing I liked the best was the pacing. This game does not get old. It constantly offers something new. 70% in you change characters (and the way you play). It was amazing. Playing it a 2nd time thru right now and I have NEVER played a game twice. Expand
  26. Aug 20, 2013
    I have been a Sony fanboy since the launch of the ps2. I loved my PS2 when I got it, from tony hawk to ratchet and clank and let's not forget Jak and Daxter. So when the time came for the ps3 I was beyond excited. But honestly there was never really anything that made me feel I needed to buy one. Not until Uncharted 3 which is when I decided to get one. After that I didn't really know what to get other than old games I wanted to play but never did, but then there was The Last of Us. Not only is it a great game, but it makes you feel great to call yourself a gamer, Naughty Dog really know how to make a game that is thank you to their fans. From gameplay, to story, yo acting this game has it all! I can't recommend it enough! It makes me happy to call myself a Sony fanboy! Expand
  27. Aug 22, 2013
    This game is perfect, my only complaint is the load time. The graphics, gameplay, weapons, voice acting, the reality are all phenomenal. Everytime you face a clicker it has the intensity of starting WW3. The game keeps you so in depth that you lose track of time and you just don't want to stop.
    Very excited for multiplayer but trying to restrict myself to singleplayer so i can get the
    most out of it. Expand
  28. Aug 22, 2013
    Sorry for my English, I'm from Poland.

A lot of producents thinks "Maybe we give new engine and that game will be the best", No. The Last Of Us have something, what other games never had climate in game. Without story that game will be have 6/10.

IT IS THE BEST GAME FOR PS3 EVER. AND THAT'S ALL.
  29. Feb 16, 2014
    I have never had been impacted by the story as much ever since The Walking Dead season 1 game concluded in 2012. The Last of Us brings storytelling to a whole new level and surely changed the video game industry on its head during the end of the playstation 3. The Road is surely a big influence on the story told in the story of the last of us and the combat system is pure brilliance and downright gritty and brutal. Survival games have never been this good before. I cannot wait to see a sequel to this franchise or another Uncharted game but one thing is for certain, Naughty Dog did it again and most likely will triumph and surpass our expectations. Expand
  30. Aug 23, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This game is good, extremely good but a little overrated. The gameplay is a little stiff (we're coming for a borderline superhero called Nathan Drake & now we are with old man Joel) & well the ending is controversial. The game also lack spectacular moments (replaced by a ton of sad moments).

Aside from this, we got the best overall acting performance in a video game & an excellent design
  31. Aug 25, 2013
    This game is perfect. The story is as engrossing and compelling as the best TV series and books and the simple interface reflects perfectly the setting of the game and the atmosphere within which you are consumed. Phenomenal game. Buy a console if you have to just to play this game.
  32. Aug 25, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. No, it isn't the best game I have ever played. That would be a very bold statement. But I do absolutely love the game. It is definitely one of the most engaging stories I have ever seen in a video game behind Metal Gear Solid. The Last of Us knows how to keep fans interested, and with the cliffhanger at the end I cannot wait to see what they have in store in the sequel. The gameplay is very fluent and smooth. If you love horrors with an emotionally-driven storyline, this could be the only game with those elements you'll find out there, unless I'm missing something.

Great game.
  33. Aug 25, 2013
    Very overrated, but not bad. This game has some fantastic missions, that you just never want to end, but it also has some missions where you feel it drags on and on and on. The story, while also not bad, is just there, it feels like a very complex escort mission. As for the gameplay, it is fairly basic, you craft things like bombs, molotov and health kits by finding various resources in the world. This is a cool concept, that is well executed, and I hope to see it in more games. The cover system is also far superior to most, as it isn't a sticky system, and you can move in and out of cover seamlessly. As for the multiplayer, which most aren't even mentioning, is actually the high point of the game. If they were to add more modes, and 5v5 and 6v6 games, it would be one of the best this generation. One more thing to mention would be the great visuals and sound track, while they aren't the best, they are very, very good. To conclude:
    Single Player: 6
    Multiplayer: 9 (Just needs more modes and larger matches.)
    Graphics and Sound:8
    Conclusion: 7/10
  34. Aug 26, 2013
    The last of us is a strong game for game of the year. you are joel a middle aged smuggler who is given the task is to deliver a girl named ellie to a group called the fireflies. this is the best zombie/ survival horror game since Resident evil 4. You really get to know and love joel and ellie+stunning graphics and great intense gameplay+getting to play as both joel and ellie and to get to know ellie and joels back stories. amazing game Expand
  35. Nov 21, 2013
    The Last of Us was simply perfect for me. It convinces in every aspect: an incredibly touching story, awesome characters, a fun and challenging gameplay as well as really good graphics and (voice-)acting. I enjoyed it from the first to the last cutscene and could replay it again and again. In my eyes, it is a new milestone for the gaming industry and every upcoming adventure game will be compared to TLoU. Expand
  36. Aug 27, 2013
    Frankly, it's the game of the generation or at least a heavy competitor.
    Naughty has proven itself worthy when it comes to making great and intriguing games, but none have reached the standard and scope like the Last Of Us does.
    Right from the offset, you are placed into a world that instantly swallows you up, and has you investing yourself in the main characters the whole way through,
    straight to it's very tight conclusion.
    Right from the get go, there is a general sense of awareness that the game manages to hold through and through. It understands what it is at it's heart and core, a game, and doesn't lack or overburden itself with unnecessary cut-scenes to tell it's story, allowing the players to truly live out their own experiences and their own viewpoints as they happen.
    The balance of flow is nothing short of spot on when it comes to mixing gameplay with the overall story, which never feels intrusive, unlike some other games that throw exposition at you, in attempting to make you care, when you probably don't give two ****'s.
    Though not a ten out of ten, it is surely a 9.8, and a game deserving of the praise that it is getting.
    Perhaps we have all been over-hyped out of our minds, but there is something special about this game I feel. One that we will look back upon as something marvelous that changed the way games represent themselves amongst other media forms.

And as any form of quick criticism: "Come on, Bill. If you're telling me to be quiet, don't go f***ing stampeding like a roided up Rhino."
  37. Aug 28, 2013
    My only gripes with this game are that it froze/glitched on me a few times and there aren't many trophies. It's basically Uncharted with a zombie premise and an upgrade system. It places a big emphasis on finding resources, which I thought might get boring, but it didn't. The characters are some of the best I've ever seen in a PS3 game. Lots of fun and the few trophies it does have make you want to replay it. Expand
  38. Aug 28, 2013
    Naughty Dog has their sh*t together. I wish more developers could produce this kind of quality on PS3. The Uncharted series is a favorite of mine... now add zombies! Who doesn't love zombies!? The story and cinematic work is so well done, you care about the characters and you have to really weigh you upgrades. There are a few dull moments... and a few places where you wish there were 20 clickers around you... but it is awesome. If you're a fan of Uncharted, zombies, 3rd person shooters, survival horror, life... get this game. Expand
  39. Aug 29, 2013
    Good story. Really gets you involved into the game. Everything is perfect except for the A.I. running at light speed past the Infected and really ruins the immersion. Otherwise 10/10
  40. Aug 29, 2013
    muy buen juego, sin duda el mejor de su generación, por lejos vale la pena jugarlo les recomiendo probarlo y sin duda es lo mejor en este momento para esta consola, vamos denle los botos!!!.
  41. Dec 17, 2013
    This game is absolutely incredible. Naughty Dog's artistic talent has reached it's peak with this title. The graphics are stunning, with so much detail it's visual overload with very minimal, if any, pop-in objects and textures. The acting is phenomenal, voice and motion captured. The one thing that I'm amazed by this game is with the immense level design and graphical detail is that there are no obvious load times, at all. This game does not stop, literally there is no pausing to prepare for a fight. If you stop to craft health supplies or new weapons it's all during the game, which adds to the intensity and I like that. Couldn't recommend enough. Expand
  42. Aug 31, 2013
    Now here is one hell of a game. The gameplay is average, nothing too ingeniously new here. This game is more on the side of a story based game, or a game that is like playing a movie. I do enjoy a good story based game and let me tell you this is one of the best. The character development is phenomenal from start to finish. Voice acting is top notch and there is a sense of fear in the game that I haven't witnessed since early silent hill games.

It truly is a shame that this game is only for PS3, I personally had to borrow a friends PS3 and I bought the game for it based on the reviews, which it sure did live up to. A lot of people don't like games like this, however I found it perfectly suited to me, I wish there were more games of this caliber.

I highly recommend this for someone who wants to get away from the mundane run around shooting call of duty type game.
  43. Sep 1, 2013
    The Last of Us is a must-play title for any PS3 owner who's not squeamish about violence and depressing subject matter. It has flaws, but they don't detract from the overall experience, and at worst, the game could use a little more interaction. If you can get it cheep, get it!
  44. Sep 1, 2013
    A wonderful adventure with a compelling attitude! You'll be driven from start to finish with the awesome gameplay, and intense cinematic's! If you loved the Uncharted series, then this game is right up your alley bringing full ammunition of fun and excitement!
  45. Sep 1, 2013
    A thrilling and unforgetable game. Both main characters are like people you know in real life and you care about them. Everyone should try this 'experience' since it is so much more than a mere video game.
  46. Sep 2, 2013
    9.7/10. A game being my favorite really just depends on my mood and what I want from a game at a given time, but right now, TLOU is my favorite game, bar none. The combat mechanics are a bit shaky, true, but I didn't buy this game and start playing it for a shoot-em-up style. The character writing is fantastic. The game is very linear but it doesn't feel that way, because you're often left to consider what you need to do next. The relationship between Joel and Ellie, and the world that they're traveling through, is beautiful. The storywriting and setting are stunning. I don't know what it is, but seeing civilization break down and become overgrown and largely back-to-nature once more is beautiful.

And then there's Ellie. I wouldn't call it a character-crush, but rather almost a fatherly affection. She is living example that the state of affairs in the world doesn't ruin everyone; Ellie is basically untouched by what is happening around her, and you very much feel the need to protect her (and her innocence) and keep her safe. And it's quite sad, in a way, to watch her become more accustomed to the world. Not to mention, she (along with Joel of course) is quite well written.

The game was short, and does not have much replay-ability, but I'm on my second playthrough simply because I enjoy walking around and seeing the setting so much.

I understand that there are nitpicks about the gameplay that turn people off the game, and they're entitled to that, but I believe that the game was certainly worth its hype. You can't quite put a finger on how perfect it is.
  47. Sep 2, 2013
    Im sorry but if anyone has any negative feelings about this game really do need to give their head, The Last Of Us is the best console game I have ever played.
  48. Sep 2, 2013
    Esse jogo simplesmente perfeito, jogo vídeo game desde o início da década de 90, já vi várias obras primas no mundo dos games, mas The Last Of Us conseguiu me surpreender e trouxe de volta a emoção de jogar um Survival Horror de primeira grandeza. Perfect Game, no words!!!
  49. Sep 6, 2013
    The apocalypse is coming.. If I don't give a perfect score to a game now I may never have another chance

This could have been easily a successful TV series or a new popular book's franchise. I wonder what was the author intention when he/she wrote the story for the fist time. I'm just glad it was presented to me in the form of a video game

When it comes to story telling, The Last of
    Us represents a huge leap in what we are used to see in Video Games, only comparable to some other amazing games like Bioshock 1, Metal Gear Solid 4, Resident Evil 2 and the "bitter sweet" Mass Effect saga

Even in comparison with other great existing and soon to be released games The Last of Us will always occupy a special place in my memories

The only complain I have is more of a personal issue and not a problem with the game itself; I really don't like having to unlock new difficulties on video games.

When I recognize a game is good, I want to play it in the highest difficulty from the get go. This is how I make sure I don't beat it in a short period of time. This was not a serious issue with The Last of Us, even when they don't let you unleash the Survivor mode on your first run; you can be damn sure your money was well spent on each of the 12-16 hours of gameplay this game packs for you

The legend says Sony saved Naughty Dog from bankruptcy when they decided to release the PS1 and make them their main developer back in the Crash Bandicoot era. If true, this is probably one of the biggest calls from Sony as a gaming company.

Naughty Dog is currently one of the best developers in the market and its one of the main reasons why I will continue on the Playstation family, can't wait to play their new games!
  50. Sep 4, 2013
    awesome maybe the best game ever made me cry more than ive ever cried in all video games combined and the combat was amazing especially the melee combat always made you on the edge
  51. Sep 5, 2013
    Although i had high expectations for this game, nothing could prepare me for the amazing experience i had with it. And it gradually gets better as you go on a journey across America. It is amazing how the developers managed to hold my attention from start to finish. The music, graphics, sound design, lovable characters, breathtaking story all of this things combined make this game not only best Ps3 exclusive but the best game I have ever played. My biggest problem now is that I don't know if I will ever play a game that is as good. Great job guys at Naughty Dog. You have proven once again that you are at the top of the gaming industry. Expand
  52. Sep 10, 2013
    When playing the last of us, it didn't feel like a video game. It was more like reading through a best selling novel. The story is one of the best ones ever existing in a game. The graphics are gorgeous and the character developing is flawless. The voice acting is very solid and I can say that the whole game feels like a cinematic experience. Ellie and Joel are the best characters I've ever seen in a video game. Overall this game deserves the attention it gets. Expand
  53. Sep 7, 2013
    This is an amazing game, If you could imagine a realistic post apocaliptic near future game where society as we know it is gone, and whatever happened is not farfetched like most recent zombie movies and games (you wont see any zombified weird boss creatures here). This game has a very "The Walking dead" meets "I am Legend" meets "Mad Max" (or "The Book of Eli") feel to it.

The world as
    we know is gone and life continues to some degree; some places are "safe" but the outside world is full of danger, be it Infected Zombie like Humans o just plain Scavangers who kill other humans to stay alive.

I haven't been this amazed by the how real everything in this game since GameCube's remake of Resident Evil, I know there nothing to compare from one to the other aside from biological zombies, and there have been many amazing games in between, but I remember how much I was amazed by RE when it came out for game cube, but The Last of Us gave me exactly the same feeling (only about 10 years later)

The game is quite realistic, it's hard to kill enemies specially with guns (unlike most games where enemies stand and wait to be killed), most character movements and story plots are very believable to the point where you could see that happening in real life in that particular scenario.

My only complaint with this game if you can call it that is that it's not longer (and believe me, it's long enough) but by the end I wanted to keep playing, I wanted to know what happens next. I hope a sequel is done some time in the near future to give us more adventures with Joel and Ellie.

Pick this game up for sure. I'm a life long gamer and this has got to be one of my favorite games, I completely recomend it.
  54. Sep 14, 2013
    Review
    A masterpiece, a testament to Naughty Dog's ability to convey a fluid, cohesive and believable world that immerses you completely. While the gameplay has a few minor issues such as irrational AI patterns and sometimes intuitive cover systems, they never detract to the overall experience that is delivered. The Last of Us will allow you to embark on a journey, Ellie and Joel's
    journey, both the characters are delivered with surgical precision to the point that you become completely invested in the story and gameplay creating a whirlwind of higher emotions such as fear, despair, regret, guilt and infatuation. The gameplay is strategic through the element of stealth and strategy as well as adapting dynamic AI that react to your behavioral patterns and actually surprise, flank and catch you off guard, countering and forcing you to adapt, something few games are capable of.

Summary
    I would give the game a 9.8 with the few unpolished bugs holding it back from perfection, if the game seems like your style go for it. You will not be able to put this game down from the start and will be disappointed when it ends, leaving you craving more of the stark and desolate world.
  55. Sep 9, 2013
    This game is without a doubt the best video game I have ever played. The games plot is phenomenal and it's characters are even better. The game play is intense and full of nail biting moments. The game's violence is so powerful and awesome (do not let a child play this game!). Full of emotion, excellent acting and absolutely gorgeous graphics, Naughty Dog have proven themselves that they are the best video game developer. This game is an absolute masterpiece and a staple of greatness on video game history, this is more than gold, it's platinum. Expand
  56. Sep 22, 2013
    Naughty Dog's second best game of all its releases. Only to be beaten by its best release Uncharted 2 Among Thieves. This game clearly has the best graphics, even better than Bioshock Infinite, Grand Theft Auto V and many other games that released later than this game. Its in game mechanics are amazing. The storyline's amusing and emotional. A great game worth buying. This was the first game i bought when i bought the PS3. Worth every penny. Guys u people should have this game in your collections list of PS3 games. This game is one to remember. Expand
  57. Sep 12, 2013
    I'll be brief. PLAY THIS GAME. Why should you? -It's narrative and characters are the first to ever feel "Human", rather than superficial and "videogamey" -Great pacing that always keeps you on the edge -Narrative and Characters feel very "weighty" and emotional. Never to soap-opera ish. Always feels like a well done Hollywood Apoclaypse drama (akin to the road) -Just outstanding production values all the way around
    -Very tense in moments.
    -Fantastic OST by Gustavo Santalla.

I can go on and on. Please, if you have a ps3, or are considering purchasing a ps3 for this game, than please for the love of god do. You seriously won't regret it.

Cons?

Some I guess, It's not perfect, but nothing ever is:

-After the incredible first 15 minutes, the first few hours are a bit of a drag and might feel slow. So don't get dissapointed if you find yourself a bit bored in the first few hours. It honestly picks up, I swear it does.

-Never enough. Wouldn't have minded another level or 2.

But please play this game. Support Naughty Dog, Playstation, because they honestly deserve every single penny.
  58. Sep 12, 2013
    The Last of Us has graphics that will blow your mind it has a storyline that will make want to see more and more.This game is the best video game i have ever played.this game is just incredible. This is a video game like no other. nothing can possibly be better than The last of Us.
  59. Sep 16, 2013
    The most emotional, most diverse game of the year, and for me personally, it's so not the exit, as many say, GTA 5, but before the release of the second part TLoU! An ideal, balanced gameplay that does not get tired of the game and more than that really captivates, making it the replayability. The story that keeps you from start to finish with an open mouth on the number of unexpected and exciting plot twists and events, forcing empathize with the main characters and secondary characters no less striking. It does not fit the word "good" or "great" here is the word "masterpiece" Expand
  60. Sep 16, 2013
    The best game of this console generation, Period. Great Narrative, made me feel like i was really in a apocalyptic world. the interactions between the two protagonist and the plot itself is worth praising. Thanks Naughty Dog...Thanks.
  61. Sep 21, 2013
    awesome game .The Last of Us is one of the best games I have ever played truly is phenomenal.all of Naughty Dog's games are awesome.Such an immersing world
  62. Sep 17, 2013
    The game is great, i'm addicted on his multi player, this game was a surprise to me, i wasn't expecting something this good, i know ND is one of the best developers but i wasn't hyped at all, the game has a simple game play and great voice action, the campaign is amazing, i never felt so excited to know what were going to happen, only one aspect broke my immersion, the "invisibility"of your allies when you are in stealth mode, but its rare to happen something odd. This is a "must play" game for ps3 owners. Expand
  63. Sep 17, 2013
    This game is amazing. It provides an unrivalled story experience which other developers will be hard pressed to match. It's story is leaps and bounds better than anything you have seen this generation or even the generation before it. The game play and story go hand in hand providing this deep and dark experience which definitely sets the mood for this game, it shows the dark truth of what people are really like through amazing character development throughout this experience. If you miss out on playing this game then you are denying yourself one of the games of this generation and maybe even one of the great games of all time. Expand
  64. Sep 23, 2013
    awesome game i think that everyone should buy it it is probably the best game ever made and in my opinion should be awarded game of the year go buy buy it
  65. Sep 18, 2013
    This game is awesome,whit more than 15 hours of gameplay and one of the better history i have ever see if you love games whit a good history and a good campaing...well this is your game
  66. Sep 19, 2013
    For me to a game be a good game there is a set :
    *Above them all Feeling .
    *1st History
    *2st-Good Soundtrack
    *3st- Carismatic Characters
    *4st-Gameplay
    The Last of Us have all of these qualities that make a game to be good or not
  67. Sep 19, 2013
    Bought this game just because I had the money and I was at the right place and I finished the game a month ago and I keep thinking about it all the time.
  68. Sep 21, 2013
    The Last of Us is not only the best exclusive title of the seventh generation of video gaming, but also stands as a triumph as one of the greatest games ever made. Naughty Dog has brought together a game that is harrowing, beautiful, graphic and disturbing. An in-depth look at the human spirit and the will to survive despite the circumstances, The Last of Us stands as one of the most in-depth and beautiful games ever conceived.
    Featuring a story that starts off safe, but builds into one of the grand achievements in video games, The Last of Us is memorable and stands tall above the competition, setting a bar of achievements that all other companies in any medium are going to have a hard time matching.
    Top of the line gameplay, characters and character development, a stunning score and beautiful visuals and a surprisingly realistic setting make The Last of Us not only the game to play in 2013, but the game to play if you have any interest in video games, period.
  69. Sep 20, 2013
    Superbly enjoyable apart from the autosave...No....! Check it out. It's really a great linear game that often reminds me half-life 2. One of the best exclusive games I can think of on any platform. I'd advise being a shiv master. Not being able to open a door in this game can ruin a whole week for me literally. I have to start again...but I still love it.
  70. Sep 22, 2013
    Absolutely brilliant, Naughty Dog have cemented their reputation as one of the industry greats with yet another fantastic game. The Last Of Us is beautiful, lengthy, emotional and unforgettable. The characters are so well crafted and the gameplay so tense, harsh and violent. If you have a PS3 you owe it to yourself to pick this game up because it will be right on GTA V's heels for GOTY awards for sure. Expand
  71. Sep 22, 2013
    It has become one of my favourite games and I would love to write more about it, but I don't want to spoil anything, so I'll make it short: This game is a masterpiece and I loved absolutely everything about it.
  72. Sep 23, 2013
    This game is great. Combining survival elements with action adventure was a good pick for naughty dog. The graphics are fantastic and probablly the best looking game on PS3. First the characters are all very interesting and the acting is spot on. Gameplay is pretty good also. The story wasn't anything special but the characters make it so unique. And this game brings out the darkness in humanity. In this game their is no good guy. Joel is just like the hunters, he kills for a living. And this game has one of the most controversial endings to a game ever. The multiplayer is very good forcing you to use teamwork and your crafting items to defeat the enemy. In short this game is a masterpiece Expand
  73. Sep 24, 2013
    Esse jogo fantástico, dou um 10 muito merecido. tudo feito em mínimos detalhes. compra obrigatória pra quem tem PS3.
    A inteligencia artificial foda principalmente da Ellie as vezes vemos inimigos sendo meio burros mas nada que comprometa.
    O gráfico o melhor que já vi nos consoles, o o ponto mais forte do game sua historia "fodástica" onde da empolgação emoção raiva e etc. o
    segundo melhor jogo da minha vida o primeiro shadow of the colossus. Expand
  74. Sep 24, 2013
    This game is incredible. Everything about The Last Of Us" video game is so well done that it scares me. If you have to pick a game to buy I strongly recommend The Last Of Us
  75. Sep 25, 2013
    This game easily has one of the most compelling stories in the history of video games. Throughout it's entirety, this game has an ever growing emotional connection with the player, because we relate to the character and, in many ways, shows us the severity of consequences to our own actions. The survival aspect of this game is also very apparent. Low ammo mean conserving, low medical supplies mean making you bullets count and make shifting weapons is necessary in surviving. Game play is a bit glitchy at times, but compared to the massive about of good that is this game, it can be overlooked. Overall this game has some of the most strongest characters to ever be created in a game, one of the most perfectly set stories for what it achieves to comprehend and awing atmosphere to which will leave you starstruck as you see a world crumbling around you. It is not only one of the most defining game for PS3, but also for any game console of it's generation. Thank you so much for all that you do at Naughty Dog Studios. Expand
  76. Sep 25, 2013
    One of the greatest games ever. If you give this anything under 9 you arent a gamer. Simply the story mode is outstanding and breath taking. The graphics and gameplay are very good which is a bounus to its greatness. The fact that you get so attached to characters is impecable. This game is the gateway to many great games. I played almost every good game from diffrent genre and consoles. In conclusion if you havent played the last of us yet. Play it right now! Expand
  77. Sep 25, 2013
    This game is the result of the talent and experience at Naughty Dog, the characters, story and gameplay is produced by entertainers that know what their crowd likes. The character movement and looking around is slow to compensate for the detailed graphics, but this works with the smooth gameplay. I think some will still prefer the variety and fun of Uncharted, this is more jaw clenching and focussed. Expand
  78. Sep 28, 2013
    Este es sin dudas mi juego favorito hasta la fecha: "The Last of Us" es arte en su más pura forma, con una campaña totalmente completa y extensa y con el modo cinematográfico que tiene Naughty Dog de contar una bella historia dramática. Pero "The Last of Us" no es solo eso: verás que no queda nada del mundo que conocemos, será todo simplemente oscuro y te la apañas para sobrevivir en un mundo que ya no existe. Gráficos excelentes, personajes sólidos y una emocionante historia ¿Que mas pedir? Este juego tiene emociones a más no poder. Totalmente bueno y recomendable. Expand
  79. Nov 11, 2013
    This game is full of cliches, but even so the campaign is the best story that I've played, I'm a big fan of the online gaming, but the first time that I played the campaign of this game I get very impressed I've completed this campaign 4 times, I think that this game is better than GTA V, I'm not a fanboy, I know that GTA V has a lot of things to do, but GTA gets boring when you've played for a month. The multiplayer is different, it's not a COD o an Uncharted, the maltiplayer was the thing that I fell in love. Expand
  80. Jan 6, 2014
    The last of us is a masterpiece and an fine example of how games can have an outstanding story, incredible gameplay, unbelievable graphics and some of the most tense combat ive ever played, to be honest its hard to find faults and yes the friendly AI can be a pain in the ass and break the immersion but Naughty Dog did that on purpose so if you want to go stealth your teammate wont give you away which is alot better than allowing your teammates to be spotted so that is actually a positive, and the enemy AI really makes up for as they are very clever and will really test your strategic mind. Overall the last of us is quite simply a masterpiece and while ive said this about many other games ive reviewed i only review games on this site that i think are masterpieces so im not just giving every game a 10/10 and calling it a masterpiece, but this game really is so my score: 10/10 Expand
  81. Oct 1, 2013
    I really enjoyed this game it has a nice story in the relationship between the characters and the acting was good.Also it has some very nice music in the game its defiantly one of the best games i have played if you haven't played it yet i highly recommend you do.
  82. Oct 2, 2013
    Get this game! Never before have I been so entranced by cut-scenes in a game. I loved every aspect of this game: the writing, voice acting, direction, graphics, audio, game mechanics...and the story! Oh, the story! I actually choked up at various points of the game. It is beautiful thing...a work of art...a masterpiece of imagination. If they just took the cut-scenes and added a few action scenes to connect them, this would be a brilliant movie! Best game I've ever played! Expand
  83. Feb 12, 2014
    Fairly good game, nothing that hasn't already been done. It's set in your default zombie apocalypse world, and has two fairly default characters. Worth playing if you have extra time, but definitely not the holy grail of games as most people make it seem. This is of course the game in which brought us the amazing line " I just shot the hell out of that guy" Coming out of the mouth of a normal person. Expand
  84. Oct 4, 2013
    I got really bored by this game quickly. I think it shares in concept a lot with Telltale's Walking Dead Game. But I found the Walking Dead Game way more impactful, emotional, interesting and fun. It has the same feeling as Call of Duty of being on an Amusement park ride where you're locked onto one track with only the illusion of choice. The gameplay is incredibly boring and not fun just to arrive at another cut scene. I think maybe just watch all the cut scenes on You Tube would provide the best way to get the story if its as great as everyone says. Expand
  85. Oct 5, 2013
    Um dos melhores games da historia. Pena que os fanboys que não possuem esse jogo vem cá, dão negativo e comentam um monte de merda, chupa quem não tem e...vão se foderem.
  86. Oct 6, 2013
    in short..best game I played this year..i would give it an 9.5..it's not PERFECT...but story really got me..it deserve a 10.The last of us is in my top 3 games of all time and my 2013 GAME OF THE YEAR..and everyone should play this game..xbox&Pc players..shame that is not a multiplatform..to everybody see how amazing this game is
  87. Oct 10, 2013
    I've heard mixed reviews on this game ranging from "it's too boring and slow moving" to "this is the greatest game of all time". I can now say, after playing through the bulk of this game, that I completely understand both sides of reviews. For those of you who want an adrenaline rush of game play with constant action, go elsewhere for your gaming experience as this is not the game for you.

However, those of you who enjoy imaginative immersion in a well-crafted storyline, realistic/believable characters, beautiful artwork and game design, exploration, and solid game play, look no further. The environments are mesmerizing, the character movement is gorgeous, the dialogue and voice acting is superb, the mix of stealth/scavenging/shooting within the twists and turns of the games story is as excellent as video games come.

Definitely within the top 10 best games I have ever experienced. Well worth the price of a ps3 for this game alone. I would highly recommend for post-apocalyptic enthusiasts.
  88. Oct 11, 2013
    This game is mind-blowing on all possible points. Many times games have to sacrifice some gameplay to focus on storytelling, or vice-versa, but this game incorporates equal parts to give you a stellar immersive experience that makes the gamer feel like a part of the story in every way. Along with those excellent facets is also the graphics; for the current console generation, this game is incredibly well-made and above all, simply beautiful to play. Expand
  89. Oct 11, 2013
    The fact that anyone writes a negative review of the game, makes me believe Humanity has no hope, haha. This game is a masterful creation, the story captivates you and the game play is fun enough, very Uncharted like, still the story itself is worth the price. The graphics and voice over are flawless. This is the swan song of the PS3 and it is a great one.
  90. Oct 11, 2013
    This game defines what a masterpiece is. It sets an incredibly high standard for future video games, not only from Naughty Dog, but from all game developers. The Last of Us shows us what the PS3 is truly capable of when pushed to it's fullest potential. It runs incredibly smooth on my PS3 Slim, and the graphics are jaw-dropping. Throughout the game, you really feel a connection to the characters. You get to know them, and you get to feel them. The story keeps you craving more, and its gameplay is nothing short of addicting.

Then, just to make the game even better, they throw in some incredible multiplayer. There isn't a whole lot of variety, with only three game modes and not too many maps, but I think the simplicity helps the multiplayer succeed more. More maps would be nice, but three game modes is enough for the time being. All three are very fun, and they're all more enjoyable if you work as a team, especially when playing Interrogation.

I experienced a couple of bugs with the game, but none directly impacted my gameplay. One was just somebody running through a wall (just a random NPC), and the other was a multiplayer glitch, where the one of the Survival Skills wouldn't unlock. The latter of the two glitches has been fixed, and the first isn't a big deal.

In summary, this is an incredible game, with what is probably one of the best single player experiences I've ever had. Once you're done with the single player, there's a highly addicting multiplayer to keep you amused. This really is a must own game for everyone with a PS3.
  91. Oct 11, 2013
    This game just blew me away a 10 out of 10 for sure. This story line is one of the best ever naughty dog already proved they can make great games like the Uncharted Series, The Last Of Us is truly amazing no developer can make a game this good. The story line is fantastic it attracts you into the game making you watch every single detail carefully, the game is also depressing gets me even more into the game. This game wow they made one of the greatest games in history to me this deserves to get game year Expand
  92. Ogr
    Oct 13, 2013
    This is one of the Games that made me dreaming of it many nights. The characters of Joel and Ellie are way more interesting to me than a lot of characters from comparable "Hollywood-Movies" and Series.
    The atmosphere is just great, the story is deep and the graphics are on top of the PS3-Games.
    The gameplay itself is as good as the Uncharted-Series for example, but this game is more
    about the whole feeling you get. 10/10! Expand
  93. Oct 12, 2013
    The Last Of us is without a doubt one of the most compelling, enjoyable and emotional games I've ever played. It evokes so many emotions and once a shaky start after the prologue is over it only gets better and better. I rely felt like I was going through the pain and sometimes joy that the characters were experiencing and when a game can do that you know its doing something right. It is simply a marvel of storytelling and should not be overlooked. Its Naughty Dogs best work to date and I'm sure we've still got allot more to see from them. Expand
  94. Oct 13, 2013
    Simply The best game I played in PS3 Thank you Naughty Dog For This amazing Game I put in my mind its a film a story not a game At some times I was on the verge of tears Thanks again Naughty Dog and thanks Neil drakman and Bruce Starle for the best game i played in my life
  95. Oct 13, 2013
    AMAZING! That's all you need to know. From beginning to end this game gave me an adrenaline rush through my entire body. Best real life looking cut-scenes of all time and gorgeous graphic I never felt like stopping to play this game. You felt as if you want more. Definite game of the year to me.
  96. Oct 14, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This is the most beautiful game ever invented, I love Naughty Dog, only this guys can do games like these. They have shown with Uncharted trilogy, and now with The Last Of Us, I think that nor GTA V can overcome it or anything game. only to another game from ND can be overcome it. I've said. Expand
  97. Oct 14, 2013
    this may just be the single greatest game of this generation maybe even ever, the story is great the game play is pretty much perfect and the story is one of the best, it puts the survival game back on the map after Resident Evil has moved away from the genre, the story is heart wrenching from the start and the bit where you play as Joel and Ellie separately was one of the highlights of the game practically everything thing in the game is flawless just once issue for me is how Ellie's AI doesn't always really work she can be 'hiding' where zombies or attackers can see her while you play as Joel and yet she doesn't get spotted or attacked and she will make noise, while you are sneaking around zombies and not get heard and this does take some of the tension away from the game but this is still possibly the best game to date Expand
  98. Oct 22, 2013
    The last of us is the most realistic zombie game ever, even make you worry about it happenning someday. As a prepper, This story is the absolute reality about what would happen in a SHTF scenario. The game is linear but the beauty of the landscapes will make you forget about it. The gameplay is incredible. I definitely give it the best score. This is a new way of making games, innovative and let's see who can follow naughty dog. Worth every dollar you put in it. Highly recommanded Expand
  99. Nov 24, 2013
    The last of us is a solid title
    with an excelent and deep plot
    an uncredible athmosphere and a perfect gameplay
    its a mix of the walking dead,uncharted and the road
    AND ITS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!
  100. Oct 19, 2013
    Truly a magnificent epic story telling. You are hooked on to it from start to finish. The characters are relatable, the story is simply beautiful. Cant get enough of this game.

1. Sep 16, 2013
  2. Sep 10, 2013
  3. Despite the breakneck pace of the prologue, it takes quite a while for The Last of Us to pick up some speed again. However, once the cold harsh winter arrives, the action (and story) ramps up. So much so, it puts most Hollywood productions to shame. [July 2013, p.76]