• Publisher: SCEA
  • Release Date: Jun 14, 2013
9.1

1. Jun 20, 2013
    Hands down one of the best games I have ever played. One of the finest bits of storytelling I have come across in any medium. I will spare you the long review and simply urge you to play this wonderful game.
  2. Jun 20, 2013
    Players will act as a partner Joel and Ellie survivors of different ages. The downfall to this world. The couple decided to travel across the continent to survive across America. Hoping to find the perfect place to settle and live. During the trip, they must fight to survive a gang of robbers and also their mutant plague that seek to tackle them with. In addition to fighting the enemiesPlayers will act as a partner Joel and Ellie survivors of different ages. The downfall to this world. The couple decided to travel across the continent to survive across America. Hoping to find the perfect place to settle and live. During the trip, they must fight to survive a gang of robbers and also their mutant plague that seek to tackle them with. In addition to fighting the enemies that threaten life. They also need water and food to survive. And find different weapons for combat use as well. http://www.gamesdotanews.com Expand
  3. Jun 21, 2013
    naughty dog is very good company this game is beautiful graphic and sound is very good and gameplay amazing like sony for game and naughty dog is very best game in year2013
  4. Jun 21, 2013
    Is the world worth saving? Or will we become a mirror of despair, absent of hope, trapped in hell, sucked into the wake. You have to understand the impact of what exactly this game is trying to do, Its not a zombie story (despite popular belief) because in fact the virus cordyceps doesn't kill its victims. Instead it grows around the brain, and in time completely alters the victims faceIs the world worth saving? Or will we become a mirror of despair, absent of hope, trapped in hell, sucked into the wake. You have to understand the impact of what exactly this game is trying to do, Its not a zombie story (despite popular belief) because in fact the virus cordyceps doesn't kill its victims. Instead it grows around the brain, and in time completely alters the victims face and movement. These infected are alive. Its disturbing to think about, unsettling at times. But why is this so important? Why is this game getting so much phrase?

Take a look at naughty dog for a second, Uncharted, Jak and Daxter, these guys just don't make mature games. So how did they pull off making one of the most mature games in history? Because for every action you take in The Last of Us you remember that your characters Joel and Ellie aren't your typical protagonists. They kill, they steal, they run, they hide, and despite what we think is so horrifying, they are used to this desolated world around them, in short, they aren't normal, they are a new brand of human. An evolution of what we will become if we allow our self's to fall to darkness. The moment you have down time Joel and Ellie instantly talk casually about life and what the world used to be like. This is not a game about killing and blood, and terror. Its about sacrifice, hope, destiny. This is not a typical survival horror game, this is a compelling third person journey that once you get sucked in, you wont want the experience to come to an end.

Well Mike that's all great but I want to play a game not watch a movie. That is the stroke of genius here, apart form being one of the best written games Ive played this generation, and one pulls some of the best performances, the games gameplay is some of the best to date. Its brutal, unforgiving, impact full, the ending will say with you for days, you'll want to play a second or third time. You'll want more, you'll want to know why naughty dog waited so long to show off there true talent. This game is a marvel, but I didn't always thing that, I wasn't convinced until I had the controller in hand, And I suggest you do the same.

I will warn though, this game isn't for the faintest of hearts. Its violence is the most disturbing aspect, and here its done exceptionally well because it truly has meaning. The 15 to 18 hour game will teach you a lot about life if you allow it, don't limit yourself, if you are a true gamer, who likes compelling experiences stop reading the this and buy the game.

Graphics, believe it or not uncharted 2 (at one time a fantastic looking game) is now wildly outdated, thanks mostly to this games superb art style. You'll want to reach out and touch your tv at times, each interior tells an interesting story, at times the game is at its best when you can just stop and explore the world around you.

Sound, some uncharted call backs with weapon draws, but ultimately the sounds have just further add to the suspense. Clickers and infected in general are horrify. The entire cast is phenomenal, and the soundtrack is unbelievable.

Story, I can say without hesitation that the real root of the story and its end will require some real thought, the game doesn't go into full detail at times, most of the story is told with strong symbolism.. so naturally many will hate it. I look for mature adult experiences, immature teens, kids, and adults for that matter will be left clueless. This game requires brains, I know, crazy right?

Gameplay, 10. Weapons range from bricks to nail bombs, from revolvers to shotguns and all between. Which ever you chose to us, you will immediately feel the impact of each hit, each cry of pain and each blood spray. Its a small selection that never seems limited considering how each encounter feels dramatically different. You never quite know what will be around the next corner, you are constantly on edge and never unprepared, that is if you search each nook and cranny for various supply's, and you'll want too. This precision and attention to detail are unmatched. This flaws are easy to overlook, considering it is so much better than what has been passing as a new $60 release in recent years.

Its flaws, I hate the idea of giving a game a 10. No game is perfect. The last of us suffers from A.I. problems here and there, and at launch I was hit will and autosave bug which made me lose my first two hours of progress. This bug has been fixed, but whats important to note, even after all that, the game was so beyond what I had imagined, it didn't even bother me. I hope every developer takes something away from this game. This is the true future of games, I have no doubt in my mind.

If you liked these games, you'll love The Last of Us.

Alan Wake 9/10
    Uncharted (whole series) 8/10
    Tomb Raider (New) 7/10
    Red Dead Redemption 9/10
  5. Jun 21, 2013
    this game is purely perfect:
    -extreme graphics with almost no jagging
    -awesome and touching story
    -long campaign
    -challenging and strategic multiplayer
  6. Jun 21, 2013
    A true gem of console gaming. This is a game that, while focusing heavy on the emotional side of the story, does not give up its gameplay or any other aspect of what makes up a game for that matter. It is a complete package. Naughty Dog gives us a magnificent story with great characters and dialog, that at the same time isn't just trying to get through the gameplay sections to get toA true gem of console gaming. This is a game that, while focusing heavy on the emotional side of the story, does not give up its gameplay or any other aspect of what makes up a game for that matter. It is a complete package. Naughty Dog gives us a magnificent story with great characters and dialog, that at the same time isn't just trying to get through the gameplay sections to get to another cutscene. The game offers quite hard at times but well-made and rewarding sneaking and fighting mechanics that while holding their own merit also help to make this game's story as engaging as it is. The art style, dark at times, but also making room for happiness engulfs the entire game, leaving us with a great experience once it ends. And to top it off, our journey is accompanied by a marvelous soundtrack by Gustavo Santaolalla, which suites the game perfectly. Worth every dollar. Expand
  7. Jun 21, 2013
    Beautiful story great gameplay literally masterpiece Totally worth every dollar. Naughty Dog did a great job letting me get addicted to the game after 20 minutes. The team totally gained 10 out of 10.
  8. Jun 21, 2013
    1st of all i would like to say immediately that because this game is by naughty dog it is somewhat linear. But the game does an amazing job in rewarding you the player for exploring every corner of the levels by giving you a lot of materials and ammo which are very rear ingredients within the world of the last of us. The environments in the game are simply Breathtaking and story deep and1st of all i would like to say immediately that because this game is by naughty dog it is somewhat linear. But the game does an amazing job in rewarding you the player for exploring every corner of the levels by giving you a lot of materials and ammo which are very rear ingredients within the world of the last of us. The environments in the game are simply Breathtaking and story deep and intense. the story is engaging and it became the game that brought me closest to tears in the start. Combat was intense and fluid with many ways to apply your items in it, as for ammo it is rear so it is not a game where you can 'run and gun' it is a game with remarkable and challenging A.I and simple to use yet deep mechanics. the game applies stealth very well and allows you to craft items with realistic strength, use and durability. the length is decent about 15 hours long and there is an even harder mode called 'survival' unlocked once you finished 1 play through, and the game has good replay value duo to the many ways of finishing various levels and there are mechanics such as the 'listening' ability that allows you to see enemies through walls and the crafting mechanic which is pretty self explanatory. this game is a definite triple A budget and it shows. the game may not be the best game out there but if you own PS3 you owe it to yourself to buy this game because it is an unmissable experience, it has everything somebody like me wants in a game, good and fluid combat in which different enemies require diverse tactics that make you think before engaging in combat, a meaningful story with a satisfying conclusion and beautiful environments. this game is the whole package. Expand
  9. Jun 21, 2013
    sencillamente espectacular, es una obra maestra que hay que jugar si o si!!! los graficos, la historia, todoooo esta muy bien hecho. lo mejor que ha sacado ps3!!!
  10. Jun 21, 2013
    This is simply one of the greatest games that I have ever played. Amazing stealth combat and creepy dark areas to beautiful forests will draw you right in. The Last of us also brings in a well written story that will draw you in until you have to see it through to the end
  11. Jun 21, 2013
    Naughty Dog has done it again! The Last of Us is a story untold before, gruesome, suspense filled, and never failing to leave the "what if" factor of this infectious world and leaving surprise after surprise around each corner. Ellie, voiced by Ashley Johnson, personifies how people adapt to survive and how this world shows the need to change and grow up quickly. Joel, voiced by TroyNaughty Dog has done it again! The Last of Us is a story untold before, gruesome, suspense filled, and never failing to leave the "what if" factor of this infectious world and leaving surprise after surprise around each corner. Ellie, voiced by Ashley Johnson, personifies how people adapt to survive and how this world shows the need to change and grow up quickly. Joel, voiced by Troy Baker, also serves as an image on the necessary and harsh changes that the human race uses to overcome their weaknesses. The Last of us is unmatched in every way and is already a pronounced frontrunner for Game of The Year. It took me on an emotional journey that was challenging engaging and left me honestly awestruck that a video game could be this good. Among the best games I've ever played and ,along with the uncharted series, Solidifying a place as one of my favorite games. Naughty Dog has done it again. 10/10 Expand
  12. Jun 21, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. One of the best games I have ever played!Just brilliant!!!Naughty dogs really know how to create perfect game!No I can't even imagine what they are gonna do on PS4! Expand
  13. Jun 21, 2013
    This game has the Atmosphere and diversity of "Half-Life 2", the graphics of "Crysis", the story of "FF 7" and the value of "Ocarina of Time". This isnt just the best game and best looking game of this console generation, it is one of the best games ever made. If you own a PS3 and dont play this game, you only use it for watching BluRays.
  14. Jun 21, 2013
    This game has all the elements of greatness. It has excellent combat system, real-time healing and crafting, great dialogue and an awesome story. The relationship between Joel and Ellie is what makes this game stand above the rest. I don't see how this game is over-rated. It is in a league of its own. There are a few instance that may feel like Uncharted, but ammo is scarce and using yourThis game has all the elements of greatness. It has excellent combat system, real-time healing and crafting, great dialogue and an awesome story. The relationship between Joel and Ellie is what makes this game stand above the rest. I don't see how this game is over-rated. It is in a league of its own. There are a few instance that may feel like Uncharted, but ammo is scarce and using your instincts is crucial. The graphics are great and have great detail a you travel across the United States. The game has it's tense moments when you venture through dark and abandoned homes and buildings. Looking for supplies or a way out from the infected. Over-all the game is by far the best exclusive for the PS3. Highly recommended. Expand
  15. Jun 21, 2013
    Amazing game you should get its beautiful everything is perfect love you naught dog! It is worth the money geat for a special gift to! Also best graphics for ps3 by far.
  16. Jun 21, 2013
    one of the most amazing games I've ever played.... the only down side is that the game has to end eventually...characters cast and graphics are amazing.
  17. Jun 21, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. II am not a PS3 gamer so I do not know Naughty Dog and their games very well. Or PS3 exclusives as a matter of fact. But as a fan of post apocalyptic fiction in general and an avid PC Gamer, I was intrigued that a game called The Last of Us was coming out. So I played this game, start to finish on my friend's PS3 and was just blown away.

The Last of Us is a linear game, but in a very good way. You don't seem to have much control of Joel as in making choices that affect the story-line but this is a cinema-like feature in a game. It's not just movie-like Unlike games like Heavy Rain where you have basic controls with the game environment but a captivating plot, The Last of Us gives you a wide variety of third-person shooter game mechanics. From crafting supplies and using your limited-weapons, the gameplay is focused. You either stealth out each level or go berserk. Your choice. and every so and then, a cut scene appears. But these cut-scenes are not your average cutscenes. Not only do they have great motion-capture on the faces, but the voice acting is just incredible. I do not know Naughty Dog very well, but they I can tell they had a huge budget to craft this masterpiece, and they used it well.

The story-line however is sort of a misunderstanding to me. It starts out a bit cliche, having to bring the young girl Ellie to the fireflies (A resistance group trying to find a cure to the cordyceps virus)but when the story shows you these predictable plot points, it's just twist and turns, and that's when the writing is just clever. A moment in the game's story was making you think Joel, the main character was going to die, which I thought was predictable, until they revealed he was healing all along. Having said that, You'd think the storyline isn't all too great when it seems the game is a long courier mission across the country, but the the point of the story is, The Courier becomes attached to the package, emotionally. and that is where the plot thrives.

The enemies in this game are well designed. I found the clickers and runners quite scary and their different behavior patterns made the overall gameplay challenging. The bandits, or hunters on the hand were much more terrifying. I found the living threat in this game very Walking Dead-esque and exciting. Even some of the bandit characters like David affect the main characters Joel and Ellie.

Last and not least, the overall design on this game is just art. Each level had so much vivid detail, this wasn't lazy level design here. And the game was about 14 hours long, that's the real kicker on how much time was made to make this great game.

I don't usually like how the video game medium tries to push itself as an art form, but now I can see why, and The Last of Us is one of these titles that will turn the industry into what motion pictures are right now today.
  18. Jun 22, 2013
    The story telling of Naughty Dog has always been on par or better with their productions in the past, be it Crash Bandicoot, Jak and Daxter, and especially Uncharted, they always illustrated their characters actions and dialog to match the character in question and appeal to the audience they are trying to engage. In The Last of Us they hold true to that sentiment and take it to anThe story telling of Naughty Dog has always been on par or better with their productions in the past, be it Crash Bandicoot, Jak and Daxter, and especially Uncharted, they always illustrated their characters actions and dialog to match the character in question and appeal to the audience they are trying to engage. In The Last of Us they hold true to that sentiment and take it to an unbelievable level of storytelling genius, getting you emotionally attached to every character they portray which adds to the immersion process the game conveys. There is something that sets this game apart and on a different level from even the Uncharted series. The pure emotion set into each character, and the dialog used by the writers makes for a storytelling extravaganza. It took at least an hour or two for me to get connected with Drake, but Joel and all his companions that you fight with and escort immediately show a sense of realism in emotion and dialog in contrast to the landscape and feel of the game play that let you get emotionally attached to them right when said character is introduced. I believe Naughty Dog only intends on getting better with each IP they release. The experiences they give us are some of the best I've ever encountered while playing video games. I know my critique doesn't matter, but nonetheless I give The Last of Us 10/10. Expand
  19. Jun 22, 2013
    This is one of the games that will keep you wondering. Last of Us is one of those games that you can honestly think that it was a movie. The graphics were great especially since there are the next gen systems coming out. The gameplay is smooth and the AI is good when you are in a bind. The only things that I thought were bad; were the controls and the lack of supplies. The controls are aThis is one of the games that will keep you wondering. Last of Us is one of those games that you can honestly think that it was a movie. The graphics were great especially since there are the next gen systems coming out. The gameplay is smooth and the AI is good when you are in a bind. The only things that I thought were bad; were the controls and the lack of supplies. The controls are a little hard to learn at first but when you get used to them, you can run through the game without having to remember what does what. The lack of supplies is not truly a bad thing because I think that the game creators wanted to have you feel what it is like to try and survive in a post-apocolyptic world. There are just some spots in the game where you really need all the supplies you can just to get past a couple of spots. All in all the Last of Us is a great gift from Naughty Dog. Expand
  20. Jun 22, 2013
    Not only does this game incorporate just-under-perfect graphical properties but the story line adds new ideas to a survival environment. Naughty Dog (the developers of the Uncharted series) have outdone themselves in what is to be one of the greatest games of 2013. Although the game may have "a massive game breaking bug" (Anonymous Rater), it does not affect the overall experience thatNot only does this game incorporate just-under-perfect graphical properties but the story line adds new ideas to a survival environment. Naughty Dog (the developers of the Uncharted series) have outdone themselves in what is to be one of the greatest games of 2013. Although the game may have "a massive game breaking bug" (Anonymous Rater), it does not affect the overall experience that you get in a game like this. If I haven't convinced you to buy this game, let me hit you with this: This game is spectacular and provides a great gaming experience. (The only reason I did not put actual game examples is because they may have spoiled the actual game, and no-one likes that). Expand
  21. Jun 22, 2013
    this game is one of the best game i ever played. the gameplay is so realistic, graphic is on of the kind. best you can get on console. Texture quality is high and Lighting is impressive story is not perfect but story telling is so good so you can never forgot is think the bigest problem of this game is A.I. ND had big hype on A.I they said they Rewrite The A.I system form unchartedthis game is one of the best game i ever played. the gameplay is so realistic, graphic is on of the kind. best you can get on console. Texture quality is high and Lighting is impressive story is not perfect but story telling is so good so you can never forgot is think the bigest problem of this game is A.I. ND had big hype on A.I they said they Rewrite The A.I system form uncharted engine for this game but A.I is not so good .N.P.C s is really stuped and not challengeable. while you hidding your partner sneak around the enemys righ on they face but they can't see her. that's really annoying me. Expand
  22. Jun 22, 2013
    First, I own both 360 and PS3 so I am no fanboy to either console. There are games on both consoles that are close to flawless. Something that I think needs to be said here is that anyone who gets on here and says they truly "played" and finished this game in less than 10hrs is a liar. You may have finished the game but didn't truly play it...you didn't get immersed in it. It means thatFirst, I own both 360 and PS3 so I am no fanboy to either console. There are games on both consoles that are close to flawless. Something that I think needs to be said here is that anyone who gets on here and says they truly "played" and finished this game in less than 10hrs is a liar. You may have finished the game but didn't truly play it...you didn't get immersed in it. It means that you run & gunned through it like an FPS...you didn't scavenge...you didn't fully investigate maps...you didn't invest in player skill upgrades because you couldn't have spent enough time to do it. Please don't listen to those reviews. That said, the game is not flawless. There is the occasional AI companion glitch that will irritate you...especially if you are invested in the stealth aspect of the game, but man is it a great effort. The graphics are gorgeous. Everything feels very lush. The use of lighting in this game is spectacular. Especially interior lighting and time change lighting. The lighting and detail in the water scenes are phenomenal. The story is absolutely gritty and dark, and IT IS the flawless part. The best and worst of humanity. Some of the best work I've ever played. Joel, Ellie, and even the secondary characters are very well fleshed out ...and done so in a very short amount of time in the storyline. The game is partitioned in a way that feels like large chapters of a book, but the game plays like a movie. It has that cinematic feel. It has a great beginning...a long, well-paced middle, and a crescendo-building ending. The games ability to literally force you to decide...do I make a health pack?..or do I make a molotov?...and which will help me best survive is unparalleled. To me, this game feels like it pulled some of the best pieces of some of the best games in different genres. The feel of fear and horror are similar to Dead Space franchise and the BioShock franchise. The exploration piece feels similar to the Uncharted series and the new Tomb Raider. The upgrade mechanics are similar to Dead Space and Tomb Raider. I give these as references because I feel like those aspects of those games are some of the best out there on either console. I found myself wishing for the cover mechanics of the GOW franchise...especially when outnumbered, but you find other alternatives. Again, this game is not flawless...but man is it close. You can feel ND's love and effort in building this game. It is very close to a masterpiece. When some games grow tiresome, The Last Of Us reminded me of why I love gaming. It force-feeds you great gaming. I would sit down to play for a while after my family went to bed...and look up 3hrs later, and be like...man I need to go to bed. I have almost 24 solid hours in this game. I gave it a 10 because it's better than a 9 on this scale. I would say 9.7 or better. Buy this game. Invest your time in it. Don't rush it. You will not be disappointed. This game sits among some legendary titles on a short lists that rises above ALL of the mass product put out there. It's brilliant. VERY well done Naughty Dog!! Expand
  23. Jun 22, 2013
    The critics of this game will point to the fact that it is a zombie game in a world over-saturated in zombie games/movies/tv. But this game is so much more than a generic zombie apocalypse. The incredible narrative not only demands emotional attachment to various characters throughout the game, but so accurately depicts the collapse of human morals when faced with a collapsed society. MostThe critics of this game will point to the fact that it is a zombie game in a world over-saturated in zombie games/movies/tv. But this game is so much more than a generic zombie apocalypse. The incredible narrative not only demands emotional attachment to various characters throughout the game, but so accurately depicts the collapse of human morals when faced with a collapsed society. Most first person shooters get stale fairly quickly with repetitive gameplay and needless killing, but The Last of Us stays surprisingly fresh throughout the entirety of the game. It is not a happy story, nevertheless I have never been so fully immersed into a game. It might not be the most fun game I have ever played, but it is without a doubt the best game I have ever played. Expand
  24. Jun 22, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. A brilliant piece of gaming material with stunning graphics and deep emotional story and characters. I love the way how when I failed at trying a tactic to get through a level the game was able to give me other options at which I would succeed. I would name it one of the best games of my life. My only complaint would be that you could not chose between saving Ellie's life and curing the infection. But apart from this I must say this truly is a glorious 'must-have' for the PS3. Expand
  25. Jun 22, 2013
    From the trailer, I thought it looked very appealing. I was not disappointed. However, after I started playing, the game pulled me in and did not let go until the very end. Every aspect of the game was made either flawless or mighty close to it. AI and the combat system were extremely realistic, while still fun and challenging at the same time. However, the main gem of this masterpiece isFrom the trailer, I thought it looked very appealing. I was not disappointed. However, after I started playing, the game pulled me in and did not let go until the very end. Every aspect of the game was made either flawless or mighty close to it. AI and the combat system were extremely realistic, while still fun and challenging at the same time. However, the main gem of this masterpiece is the story. It's not often you can play with so much emotional connection between the player and the characters. After one finishes the game, you're left with a great feeling and many thoughts, almost like after reading a really good novel. As for me, it took around 3 more days to really process the plot. There's so much depth, it really pulls the player in. The next comes the sound. It was beautifully made and used through out the entire game, and really completes the experience. This game earned a sincere place along with my all time favourites, next to Half Life series. If I would, I would give 20 out of 10, as the game really moved me, and it doesn't happen often. If you own a PS3, I believe it's a crime not to try it out.

P.S. Specifically tried not to give any plot details away.
  26. Jun 23, 2013
    Sensational hardly does it justice. The combat is brutal, tactical and engaging, forcing the player to take stock in their surroundings and use everything to their advantage. The gameplay fully feels part of the world. The main characters, Joel and Ellie, are very deep, more so than most books or movies, and the story manages to offer a level of emotional and moral nuance that has rarelySensational hardly does it justice. The combat is brutal, tactical and engaging, forcing the player to take stock in their surroundings and use everything to their advantage. The gameplay fully feels part of the world. The main characters, Joel and Ellie, are very deep, more so than most books or movies, and the story manages to offer a level of emotional and moral nuance that has rarely been explored in any medium. On top of this it is graphically and artisitcally stunning. A magnificant work of art. You owe it to yourself to play this game. Expand
  27. Jun 23, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. MAY CONTAIN MINOR SPOILERS**

I for one was looking forward to the 'The last of us' since I first heard it was being made. I was hoping for a 3rd person survival game, I didn't get that however I did get an enjoyable romp through zombie land. Let’s get to the review.

To begin, I'll start with is this worth the price and should you get it?

Pros Good if predictable story
    - Strong characterisation
    - Great setting
    - Look beautiful

Cons game play can be a bit lacking
    - Soundtrack is very forgettable

Is it worth the price tag? No, you should probably wait for it to drop if you're on the fence about buying it.
    Is it worth playing? Sure is, If you don't mind the price tag then go get it now

Now into the meat.

Story -
    The story is pretty well done even for being predictable, the characters seem really and have great personalities. The evolution of Joel and Ellies relationship while it was predictable came off as very real. The pacing was very good, I never once felt like I was rushed along and I only was puzzled by one moment at the start of the winter chapter. The atmosphere is great, especially when sneaking around clickers, you’re waiting to strike first in case they sense you and you’re always waiting for the next attack. One thing that I was hoping for and didn't get was multiple endings, I was hoping to choose what happened at the end but this is really only a nitpick

Sound -
    While the sound effects do their job and so does the music, they don't stand out except for the clickers click. The music is forgettable and I highly doubt you'll find yourself humming it in the shower.

Graphics -
    Wow, they did a great job on the graphics especially the cut scenes which look perfect, I haven't seen quality like this since square. Only one small complaint comes in this section and that is the brown leaves on the ground in winter when look very flat and one of place.

Gameplay -
    For me this is when the game starts to suffer, let’s get the pros out of the way. The upgrade system while basic works very well in showing the improvement of the character and guns, its also very easy to grasp. Close combat feels great, I love how it’s looks to smash someone in the face or hit them with an axe and finally stealthing around works for the most part and is very easy to pick up. The cons are cons that I had with the uncharted engine itself, guys take too many shots to kill and act like you just shot them with a stun gun instead of a bullet making long range follow up shots stupidly annoying to hit with. Aiming takes way to long in comparison to the enemies and they have unlimited ammo which really takes you out of the atmosphere of the game. Most of the game I spent throwing bricks and running up and snapping the guys neck than shooting. There is one really strange boss fight that breaks all the rules fighting the enemy type that he is and you can always tell when a big battle is coming up by how much ammo you're getting. The mandatory battle are really annoying too, while you can stealth some of them, most you can't or is very hard and I feel its a way to make you use your hard earned ammo and bombs up. I would have preferred them take the mandatory battles away and not have been as generous with ammo, health packs and crafting items.

Overall with my complaints aside, the game is a solid experience and why can't we enjoy a predictable story if it’s told well? It certainly a contender for the best released title so far however it is not god’s gift to gaming, it will not change the face of gaming or storytelling. It’s just a good game.
  28. Jun 23, 2013
    The biggest problem keeping me from giving this game a 10 is the glitches. There are enough to distract from gameplay and I'm not the only one that has had problems. The gameplay is not unlike uncharted but it does play differently and better. It's an extremely enjoyable and often challenging experience that is definitely worth playing. The story matched with great gameplay made thisThe biggest problem keeping me from giving this game a 10 is the glitches. There are enough to distract from gameplay and I'm not the only one that has had problems. The gameplay is not unlike uncharted but it does play differently and better. It's an extremely enjoyable and often challenging experience that is definitely worth playing. The story matched with great gameplay made this wonderful to play, just be aware it does glitch and sometimes you have to restart an encounter to get it to quit. Expand
  29. Jun 23, 2013
    The story of The Last of Us is one that has definitely been told many times before, but its deep character development and constant questioning of what is morally right and wrong are what make this tale truly stand out from the group.

Many things I enjoyed about the game have already been mentioned numerous times before by different reviewers so I will focus on what I think many have overlooked. Firstly the voice acting of Troy Baker (Joel) and Ashley Johnson (Ellie) is phenomenal; in fact one of the reasons it may have been so overlooked is purely for how natural and believable it is. Despite working out of a white walled studio whilst wearing motion capture suits, they still obtain a grasp and understanding about the desolate world they're living better than some Hollywood actors.

Another feature I'd like to take a minute to talk about is the online multiplayer, which manages to emulate the tension and ferocity from the single player campaign and apply it into a competitive format. There are two modes: death match and a single life survivor match both of which you play to find supplies and complete challenges to keep your clan healthy and bring in my members. If you chose to synch it to your Facebook account your clan members consist of your Facebook friends and family which makes it even more relatable and disappointing when you fail to protect or provide for them. Overall the multiplayer is a solid and enjoyable inclusion to the game, but disappointingly missing are any forms of match which you are playing or pitted against the infected.
  30. Jun 23, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. For our full review, visit b-ten.com/the-last-of-us-review/

Gameplay

The gameplay, I’d say, is probably the weakest aspect of this, overall, powerful game. While stealth combat continued to peak my interest throughout my first play-through of the game, many action-based scenes became redundant and attempting to progress towards the next cut-scene felt as if it were to take ages. Naughty Dog certainly improved the repetitive gameplay mechanics found in Uncharted 3, but clearly interactivity was not a priority in this critically-acclaimed intellectual property.

Some chapters would require players to quietly take out a number of enemies using stealth, while others would focus more on direct combat. Some even required that players use a variety of both. If one thing’s for certain, though, it’s the fact that resources, throughout the game’s entirety were limited. Players are left scavenging for more guns, ammunition, shivs, med kits, and crafting materials used to create materials when all remaining hope of survival seems lost.

The infected added an unusual sense of survival horror to this third-person action game which I felt was enforced perfectly. The horror elements found within the game aren’t too daunting for players accustomed to less frightening action games, but also aren’t too subtle for those with an appetite for fear. The clickers, being the most reputable of the infected, live up to the expectations in which they too must be approached using stealth and creativity on the player’s end. The runners are easily defeated with melee weapons, such as a knife, baseball bat, or my personal favorite: an axe. And finally, the bloaters being the most challenging infected seem to only take offense by distance weapons when first set fire to by a Molotov or perhaps a flamethrower.

Overall, the gameplay featured in The Last of Us was aspiring, but weak in comparison to other games which resemble this one. Much of the repetitiveness in reoccurring player deaths seems futile, but is easily overshadowed by the underlying drama found within the story’s context. Naughty Dog is a profoundly celebrated developer, resulting in expectations rising with each new release. The Last of Us’ gameplay accentuates impressive ideas, easily meeting my expectations, but failing to exceed them.

Story

Completely disregarding all similarities The Last of Us shares with other media, its story is flawless. With each cut-scene, new emotions are evoked and with that in mind, new thought are provoked. Without spoiling major plot-points, the game brings many improved elements to the Naughty Dog universe and refreshes a genre which, to me, was beginning to annoy me to no end.

Sharing nearly seamless similarities with Cormac McCarthy’s The Road, while also sharing influences with The Walking Dead and I Am Legend, the premise of The Last of Us is doubtlessly no foreign concept to those who have played it, but sparks new life in its unquestionable focus on character empathy, relationships, and the importance of life. Thematically, the game offers an array of new ideas, but does so in a way that feels fragmented at points.

With each segment of gameplay leading to a new piece of the story’s puzzle, one would imagine Naughty Dog, of all developers, could realize by now the importance of seamlessly integrating story with interaction. Irrational Games successfully proved with the Bioshock series that narrative in video games doesn’t require a complete pause in gameplay to successfully carry a point across. This is where The Last of Us fails. The gameplay and cut-scenes found within the game felt as though I was consuming two different products. I was playing a video game, while being surprisingly interrupted by glorious cinematic features.

While I’ll let it slide by this time, as I have with each of Naughty Dog’s previous installments, due to their knack for storytelling, at some point the developer needs to begin to grasp the concept of seamless storytelling integration without the need for gameplay interruption.
  31. Jul 14, 2013
    The Last of Us is amazing. It gives you an emotional story about the growing father-daughter relationship between Ellie and Joel and also shows them grow through all of their ordeals. This game will make your heart race and sink not because of the action, but because of the unknown fate of the characters. The gameplay is similar to that of Uncharted which works really well in the controlsThe Last of Us is amazing. It gives you an emotional story about the growing father-daughter relationship between Ellie and Joel and also shows them grow through all of their ordeals. This game will make your heart race and sink not because of the action, but because of the unknown fate of the characters. The gameplay is similar to that of Uncharted which works really well in the controls department. While I was never "scared" of the infected in the game, I certainly felt threatened by them. The fights in the game can range from mildly boring or frustrating to intense dances between the player and the AI which can rival that the like of the Monster Hunter series. The music is superb. It fits perfectly with the game and sends chills down your spine every time you hear it. The graphics are some of the best not only on the PS3, but also of this generation, even rivaling some PC games. Your breath with be taken away as you look out at the abandoned cities, reclaimed by nature. The Last of Us is a game like no other. If you have the chance you must play this game. It is a milestone in not only consoles, but gaming as a whole showing that games can be as cinematic and emotionally impacting as Movies can. This game knocks Bioshock Infinite down to number 4 on my top 10 favorite games list right below number 2, Ocarina of Time, and number 1, Wind Waker. Expand
  32. Jun 23, 2013
    The Last of Us, a PS3 exclusive is being touted as one of the best games...ever. That’s high praise for what is essentially a zombie killing spree. In a nutshell, it focuses on a rugged survivor in a post apocalyptic world tasked with escorting a fourteen yr. old girl. The girl who is immune to the spores which has turned most of mankind into walking fungal diseases, needs to be taken toThe Last of Us, a PS3 exclusive is being touted as one of the best games...ever. That’s high praise for what is essentially a zombie killing spree. In a nutshell, it focuses on a rugged survivor in a post apocalyptic world tasked with escorting a fourteen yr. old girl. The girl who is immune to the spores which has turned most of mankind into walking fungal diseases, needs to be taken to someone, somewhere who can turn her blood into a cure.
    Where this game shines is it’s graphics. Video games have been leapfrogging each other over the years to perfect their graphics and The Last of Us has reached the pinnacle, so to speak. Photo-realism is the best descriptor. It’s like you’re playing masterpiece painting within a movie. In a lot of games, the cut scenes are of a better quality than the game play graphics. In the Last of Us, they are on par.
    The acting doesn’t disappoint either. The characters obviously modeled on real people are pitch perfect with their voices, and great pains are taken to capture facial expressions down to a tic.
    It is one of the more profane games I’ve played. Anywhere they can throw a curse word in, they do, which means it’s strictly late night playing with my impressionable six year around.
    The action is visceral, especially in hand to hand combat and easy with one melee button and no complicated combos. The guns leave something to be desired with their spotty aiming and bullets which seem to have no effect on adversaries until the fifth or sixth one. Given that you have realistic, limited ammo this is a drawback. However well the game has been promoting the fact that finding said ammo is quite difficult to find, I haven’t run out yet, as it is a bit more plentiful than suggested. Stealth is the suggested mode of combat, and works well until you are right up behind an enemy or beside him, and the button you’re supposed to press for surprise attack simply does not...work.

Exploring the world is fun as you are constantly on the hunt for ingredients for Molotov medkits, and shivs. You are often tasked with finding hidden ways out of a particular place which after a little searching is rewarding.
    The touted variety of the world well beautiful and grim can get repetitious. Forest, abandoned city/town, forest...you get the idea.
    Save points are generous in that well you may die quite a few times before clearing a certain area, it doesn’t set you back too far after restarting, but lets you complete the particular action piece from approximately where you died until you manage to survive. The only complaint I have is that where stealth is the suggested course of action, it often turns into a close quarters melee battle through no fault of your own and often the only way to kill all your enemies is one-two punching your way through. When stealth does work, however, it is very rewarding.
    From what I’ve played so far, it is stellar game but it doesn’t quite deserve the rave 10 out 10 reviews it’s been getting. I’ll give it a 8 out of 10 with a more complete review coming once I’ve finished the game.
  33. Jun 23, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. A good game for certain, a very good one in fact. But it is not the earth shattering 7th generation masterpiece it has been hailed. There are three flaws to the game, two (which I will start with) are minor: The depth in the game is pretty bad in my opinion, 7 guns is pretty stingy, especially considering you get one in the last mission. And if you want to nitpick you can reduce the usable number to 5, the revolver and hand shotgun are useless when compared to El Diablo and the magazine based pistol. The reason this is not a massive issue is due to the very short length of the game (which ties into the depth complaint). I clocked in at 11 hours, and that is with struggling mightily on two sections. I suppose you can argue that they didn't want the gameplay to get get stale, but if you give the fighting more variety (get a bowie knife sometime? what about getting to keep that sniper rifle used in the suburbs mission? The hunting rifle hardly fills the sniper category.) Then you can expand some on their journey across the Midwest, you could have a cool Midwest level in St. Louis or Chicago. The last complaint regarding the depth is the lack of variety of enemies, you only have 3 types of zombies, that is just a poor showing. You could add a zombie type that crawls on the ceilings, and when you are in dark areas they could pounce on you, that would both add a lot more tensions and increase the variety. There are many other things you could have done with the enemies that Naughty Dog neglected to do. My second complaint is the fights. They are formulaic, predictable, and rather uninspired at times. When this game was announced I dreamed of a mission where you have to fight your way through abandoned areas fighting BOTH infected and enemies at the same time, something unheard of in gaming. Instead you only fight one or the other, which is not nearly as exciting. Imagine the chaos in a fight where you are popping shots at bandits and then a group of clickers into the fray, this makes it difficult to continue the gunfight while dealing the powerful, but blind clickers. Little things like that would've prevented the gameplay from dragging the game down. The third complaint has spoilers so don't read and further if you don't want to know the ending. My third complaint is Joel's decision to save Ellie. What the was that? I realize that it was supposed to show how attached he was to Ellie but Naughty Dog does nothing to morally justify his decision to annihilate the FireFlies and then proceed to lie to her about how things went down. All he does in retort to Marlene's explanation about why it is important to kill her is "That's all but does nothing to extrapolate. Why? Because Marlene is probably right, ultimately killing Ellie is the better thing to do, ESPECIALLY since Ellie is so selfless, which is why Joel lies to her, because he knows that should would be infuriated with him if he had told her the truth. Thus, in my mind, their relationship post game is based on a lie and is artificial. This is the only major complaint because this game was always based on the story, which is why I am not too upset with them forsaking the gameplay some. The game really is very good, the story does a fantastic job building the relationship, making sure that none of the emotions felt between Ellie and Joel is forced. Which is ultimately why the game is still a 9, because the main component of the game, the story, is fantastic until the last 15 minutes. Expand
  34. Jul 27, 2013
    Aside from the AI issue with making noise when silence is necessary, this game is pretty much perfect, the story is incredible, the characters are believable, and the gameplay is enjoyable. No other game has ever drawn me in and made me care like this game did
  35. Jul 19, 2013
    No game I have played has stirred as many emotions as 'The Last of Us,' which I played through three times (always succumbing to the ending). It would be nearly impossible to improve this game, but I prefer open world games that reveal story more through gameplay than cinematics. Still, this game is nearly perfect, and it deserves every accolade—well designed, well written, well acted.
  36. Jul 28, 2014
    As a walking simulator, 10/10. As a video game, 6/10. Most of the game is a mixture of perambulatory locomotive dislocation with a few moments of hide-run-shoot. I liked the style of the snowy villa area and boss, but the bulk of the decrepit architecture and overall world design made me realize that maybe, just maybe, meandering around the end of the world isn't the entertainment festAs a walking simulator, 10/10. As a video game, 6/10. Most of the game is a mixture of perambulatory locomotive dislocation with a few moments of hide-run-shoot. I liked the style of the snowy villa area and boss, but the bulk of the decrepit architecture and overall world design made me realize that maybe, just maybe, meandering around the end of the world isn't the entertainment fest everyone knows it will be. Expand
  37. Jun 26, 2013
    This game is amazing, I have only ever played a game with this much depth in story wise since the Metal Gear Solid Franchise. Everything from the story to the interaction with characters is top-notch. This game is 10/10 for me as I feel that this game has had a huge impact at me. Since working in a game shop i get bored with games easy, I rarely buy games but this is just wow, I do notThis game is amazing, I have only ever played a game with this much depth in story wise since the Metal Gear Solid Franchise. Everything from the story to the interaction with characters is top-notch. This game is 10/10 for me as I feel that this game has had a huge impact at me. Since working in a game shop i get bored with games easy, I rarely buy games but this is just wow, I do not regret buying this game at all. Pure fun all the time with this. Suspense at the right time, laughter at the right time and sadness at the right time. Naughty Dog has done exceptional work this time. If you need an awesome game please buy this one!
    I will recommend this to anyone!
  38. Jul 2, 2013
    The post-apocalyptic world of The Last of Us, where an infection caused by mutated mushroom turns people in raging beast with rabies, and later after years of infection, into joyfully clicking, blind clickers, who navigate with echo-sounding. After twenty years of infection, the protagonist Joel, your friendly neighborhood smuggler, gets an unusual task, which takes him throughThe post-apocalyptic world of The Last of Us, where an infection caused by mutated mushroom turns people in raging beast with rabies, and later after years of infection, into joyfully clicking, blind clickers, who navigate with echo-sounding. After twenty years of infection, the protagonist Joel, your friendly neighborhood smuggler, gets an unusual task, which takes him through post-apocalyptic America, through areas, which are controlled by either the infected or the hostile gangs. This game is PS3 Exclusive and, my god, it is awesome. With up-to-date graphics and mechanics mixed with original story and the feeling of that survival instinct, this game really feels like a true story of survival and struggle. The game has also great upgrade system, crafting and journal using Joels backpack. The character development is also excellent, seeing Joel turn from a lowly smuggler into a tough guy and sadistic torturer. The games combat and exploration mechanics, as mentioned, are fantastic. From trying to reach a certain place to eliminating rooms full of enemies silently. The game also has a lot of different weapons from machetes and bows to sawed-off shotguns and flamethrowers. Weapons can be upgraded at a workbench with scrap metal that you can find by exploring. Even though the game has variety of weapons, the ammunition is limited, you must shoot with precision and make almost every shot count. You also can craft first-aid kits, nailbombs, molotov sugar-explosives that work as smokescreen and of course: homemade prison shanks for opening treasure rooms and taking out enemies more quickly and silently than choking them to death. The weaponry, sneaking, mechanics, story and realistic AI make this game a blockbuster. Expand
  39. Jun 27, 2013
    Okay, so here is my honest, fair review of The Last Of Us, no biased opinion.
    When I first started to hear the hype about this game, it excited me, I was eager to embark on this survival/horror genre, as a change from the games I would usually review.
    Okay, so here is my honest, fair review of The Last Of Us, no biased opinion.
    When I finally set up the game, and experienced the first mission, that first mission stunned me. Considering the PS3's now out of date hardware, the visuals were impecible, truly a piece of art from naughty dog from many of the console games I have experienced.
    The physics of 'Sarah' (Joel's daughter) albeit fairly clumsy at times, werevery realistic, the sway and the way she would react to certain actions I found quite astonishing. Playing further across the game, I did start to notice a few hiccups here and there. For one, the strangling animation from Joel, there is only one of these animations, you will pick up on it, and it does become old fairly quick. Not to say the combat is repetitive, I actually find the bloodthirst and the interactive environments quite amusing, but it's just the little things like a mix up of animations I would like to see more of. Getting into the enemies of this game, they can also be very annoying, for the simple fact that this game makes you want to use bullets as it shows off the game to be another shoot' em up, but you are actually very lacking in bullets and equipment which you must find.
    Aside from these few annoyances, I must say that this is still a very spectacular experience, and the story alone is the thing that will make you want to play to the end, it will leave you speechless, with some satisfying multiplayer for replayability.
    I give this game 9/10, for the fact that its nearly perfect, but not quite a 10 yet.

- PublicStatement.
  40. Jun 30, 2013
    Before I wrote this review, I made sure to get my facts straight regarding the argument that somehow The Last of Us is a ripoff of Bioshock: Infinite. I have decided (from going over it for awhile) that even though they have similarities, The Last of Us is in no way a ripoff given the fact that many games have a female sidekick. Elizabeth does a lot less for the main character than Ellie.Before I wrote this review, I made sure to get my facts straight regarding the argument that somehow The Last of Us is a ripoff of Bioshock: Infinite. I have decided (from going over it for awhile) that even though they have similarities, The Last of Us is in no way a ripoff given the fact that many games have a female sidekick. Elizabeth does a lot less for the main character than Ellie. They both give you health packs and ammo, but Ellie also helps you fight. I digress; the game is amazing-no less than what I would expect from Naughty Dog. The scenery is perfect and really brings the post-apocalyptic world to life. After finishing the game for the first time I had to stop and think about all of the issues portrayed in this game. This is not some game that you can just run through and just go in with guns blazing. This is a game that really takes a lot of thinking. The story line just as much so. Once again Naughty Dog has made a game that is enjoyable, thought provoking. It leaves you with a new point of view. Expand
  41. Jun 28, 2013
    This is a good game not a fantastic game like a lot of people as saying. I found the story let me down a bit i was thinking it was going to be this great thing with all of these surpriser but about 10 minuters into it i worked out all most the whole story, the gameplay is good i like how there wasn't a lot of ammo and supplies which made you think ok how am i going to get past this pointThis is a good game not a fantastic game like a lot of people as saying. I found the story let me down a bit i was thinking it was going to be this great thing with all of these surpriser but about 10 minuters into it i worked out all most the whole story, the gameplay is good i like how there wasn't a lot of ammo and supplies which made you think ok how am i going to get past this point the controls could of been a bit better then they were.
    in the end i did have a lot of fun with this and if your fine with okay story good gameplay okay controls then this game is for you
  42. Jun 28, 2013
    OMG! Best game ever!! technically I havent "played' it.. i was a scardy cat. BUT i watched my husband play as if we were watching a movie together.. couldnt miss a second of it. I had to pee the game went on pause.(hey i helped though I observed and assisted in spotting infected, ruffians and goods) No complaints in this house for playing 6-7 hours straight every day. we couldnt turn theOMG! Best game ever!! technically I havent "played' it.. i was a scardy cat. BUT i watched my husband play as if we were watching a movie together.. couldnt miss a second of it. I had to pee the game went on pause.(hey i helped though I observed and assisted in spotting infected, ruffians and goods) No complaints in this house for playing 6-7 hours straight every day. we couldnt turn the ps3 off..The fact that its like playing a movie and the story line..WOW. ready to start it right over and do it all again. mesmerizing, enthralling, riveting, outstanding. Bring on part 2 of the game and an actual movie (i vote jeffry dean morgan as joel.. whos with me?). You go Naughty Dog! Expand
  43. Jun 29, 2013
    Muy buen juego extremadamente exigente un fresco para la típica dificultad de un shooter bota balas.
    El mejor survival de esta generación un obra maestra en todo sentido jugable en banda sonora de primerísima calidad cualquier película envidiaría el ost de este juego
  44. Jun 29, 2013
    I think its fair to start off by saying I really don't like the uncharted game series. Its ruined by trying to combine Tomb Raider Gears of War type game play and both suffer. With that being said the Last of Us is currently one of the best story driven games I've played in awhile. First of all the worlds look amazing and taking the time to properly encode the sound just made the worldI think its fair to start off by saying I really don't like the uncharted game series. Its ruined by trying to combine Tomb Raider Gears of War type game play and both suffer. With that being said the Last of Us is currently one of the best story driven games I've played in awhile. First of all the worlds look amazing and taking the time to properly encode the sound just made the world that much more immerse on my surround sound system. The combat is very slow and based heavily on sneaking due to the lack of ammo and supplies laying around. However the final end of game combat mission knocked this game down a point for me as it tries to either force you to spend a ton of time sneaking be a 3rd person shooter all of a sudden which just doesn't work.

The story is well done, the world is beautiful and I would put this on my list of 2013 must plays.
  45. Jun 29, 2013
    Congratulations Naughty Dog.
    You made it again.
    What a incredible journey.
    The search for the cure and also for self-knowledge.
    This game is already automatically between my 5 favorites.
    Please make a sequel, but keep Joel and Ellie.
    Graphics: 10 Sound: 10 Gameplay: 10 History: 10 Entertainment: 10
    I just finished the Survivor mode and was quite a challenge!
  46. Jun 30, 2013
    I have to say even though when i started playing already had high expectations, i was never disappointed and was even surprised. ND is already know by their good looking games and interesting characters along side with nice gameplay. I guess that just did it again but even better. When you finish the game it stays with you, the thought about the end, the journey, and how incredibly awesomeI have to say even though when i started playing already had high expectations, i was never disappointed and was even surprised. ND is already know by their good looking games and interesting characters along side with nice gameplay. I guess that just did it again but even better. When you finish the game it stays with you, the thought about the end, the journey, and how incredibly awesome the whole experience was. This is what games are all about! Expand
  47. Jun 30, 2013
    This is flat out the best game I've ever played. I don't think I would honestly give any other game I've played a 10. The gameplay was solid (I especially enjoyed the stealth mechanics) and the realism was refreshing. However, it was the story that made this game a must play. I felt even more the minor characters that only popped into the story for an hour or two. The ending was great andThis is flat out the best game I've ever played. I don't think I would honestly give any other game I've played a 10. The gameplay was solid (I especially enjoyed the stealth mechanics) and the realism was refreshing. However, it was the story that made this game a must play. I felt even more the minor characters that only popped into the story for an hour or two. The ending was great and better than I could have even hoped for. This game is an experience I would recommend to anyone... who's mature enough to handle it of course as the game is very graphic. Expand
  48. Jul 1, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I think that this game was pretty good, the end was a little weird to me, i think personally, they should've ended in the car or something, but it seemed almost useless to make us play as Ellie in the end. I mean it seems like such an odd cut off.

Other then that, the game was really well made, the controls were really good and i feel like the game was pretty well thought through and i never really knew what happened next. I'm also glad it wasn't one of those full zombie post apocalyptic games. Like it was nice to have some of that kinds of element but I'm glad there were normal people too other then just your characters.
  49. Jul 2, 2013
    The Last Of Us is without a doubt in my mind a great game. Like Bioshock Infinite, you are really just escorting a girl from one place to another. However in Bioshock Infinte you end up caring a lot about Elizabeth (the girl you escort). However Bioshock's gameplay was just a bit above average in my opinion. The Last Of Us's gameplay is good. If you have played any of the Uncharted gamesThe Last Of Us is without a doubt in my mind a great game. Like Bioshock Infinite, you are really just escorting a girl from one place to another. However in Bioshock Infinte you end up caring a lot about Elizabeth (the girl you escort). However Bioshock's gameplay was just a bit above average in my opinion. The Last Of Us's gameplay is good. If you have played any of the Uncharted games then you should be a bit familiar with the gameplay here. The story here is great and you end up caring for the girl, Ellie. The voice acting here is great, Troy Baker kills it as Joel. The graphics are gorgeous for a ps3 game. Overall I think it's a great game and one that should definitely be considered for GOTY. Expand
  50. Jul 3, 2013
    This has stolen by far the position of best game of the year.
    It is probably ranked in my top 10 video games of all times...
    Playing this game I felt like at times I was sharing the universe of the walking dead, mad max, I am legend.. cinematically beautiful the game play is amazing and the amount of choices you have when encountering enemies is great!! This game kept me glued to my
    This has stolen by far the position of best game of the year.
    It is probably ranked in my top 10 video games of all times...
    This game kept me glued to my console for now more than 30 hours. and I find replaying in harder difficulties making every situation unique.
    I would recommend this to all my friends.
  51. Jul 3, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The Last of Us is a beautiful, brutal and full out mesmerizing game that Naughty Dog truly pushed to high speed to make it the best PS3 exclusive and one of the best game of all time. I've got to admit, i really kinda left Survival Horrors after Resident Evil 5 and went more on to Sports, Action/Adventure and Shooter but The Last of Us massively restored my faith in Survival Horrors as the scarcity of ammo and skill to sneak past the enemy (or kill, known or unknown) makes it a very realistic and tension filled game. Possibly the best thing about The Last of Us is that you get emotionally attached to the characters. I love it how most of the story line is unpredictable and the way the characters get closer together to understanding each other better. I would definitely recommended this to Pros and Amateurs (or in between) of Survival Horrors as The Last of Us is very hard to be disappointed at. Expand
  52. Jul 3, 2013
    This is my favorite ps3 game I have ever played. The story is very emotional and unpredictable. It made me feel for the characters.The AI of the enemy's are very intelligent flanking you and guessing your movements.Its very tense and you have to manage your supplies carefully to live.The multiplayer is very engaging and can has a lot of innovation.I would recommend the Last Of Us to anyone.
  53. Jul 3, 2013
    Beautiful game!

My full review: http://www.gmanetwork.com/news/story/314666/scitech/reviews/game-review-the-last-of-us-is-beautifully-heartbreaking
  54. Jul 4, 2013
    Giving an authentic feel to the characters, it draws you in so tightly and you just hope for it not to end. The combination of unmatched voice acting and the incredible use of mo-cap makes this one of the most engaging games I've ever played. It's not about the fall of civilization that makes this game amazing, it's the characters whom are being forced to survive in the hell it hadGiving an authentic feel to the characters, it draws you in so tightly and you just hope for it not to end. The combination of unmatched voice acting and the incredible use of mo-cap makes this one of the most engaging games I've ever played. It's not about the fall of civilization that makes this game amazing, it's the characters whom are being forced to survive in the hell it had wrought. This is a game that will not be forgotten. Expand
  55. Jul 4, 2013
    The Last of Us is truly a masterpiece. I was amazed at not only how beautiful the world Naughty Dog had created looks, but the whole presentation of the game itself. The game begins with a very cinematic opening almost movie like and continues to get better and better as you progress through the game. You really start to feel for theses characters as the go through many difficulties inThe Last of Us is truly a masterpiece. I was amazed at not only how beautiful the world Naughty Dog had created looks, but the whole presentation of the game itself. The game begins with a very cinematic opening almost movie like and continues to get better and better as you progress through the game. You really start to feel for theses characters as the go through many difficulties in their journey and learn to get along. Overall The Last of Us was every thing and more that i wanted it to be. As for any flaws with the game i only found that occasionally the ai would be visable to enemy's but due to them being ai the game doesn't penalize you so i don't feel it is something game breaking. Expand
  56. Jul 5, 2013
    Fantastic, emotional, tense. The Last of Us provides the opportunity for real immersion, provided you are willing to let yourself be sucked into the story and care for your characters. One of the main protagonists, Joel, provides the emotionally battered, steel wall figure, while Ellie challenges the armour he shrouds himself in. Cliché? Yes of course it is, but the voice acting andFantastic, emotional, tense. The Last of Us provides the opportunity for real immersion, provided you are willing to let yourself be sucked into the story and care for your characters. One of the main protagonists, Joel, provides the emotionally battered, steel wall figure, while Ellie challenges the armour he shrouds himself in. Cliché? Yes of course it is, but the voice acting and animation, while not necessarily the best that's ever been seen, especially given graphics produced on earlier technologies (see FFX cutscenes on PS2), provoke an emotional response and sense of attachment regardless. In terms of dark, gritty storytelling interspersed with feel good respite, this is one of the finest games I have ever played, and it's all thanks to the atmosphere.
    However, before you rush out to buy this game, be warned! If you play games for gameplay, give this one a miss. Yes for the first hour or so the combat and stealth is very tense and trying, but once the limits of the AI have been revealed, the game descends into a fairly tedious exercise of stick and move, with even critical errors in judgement not being heavily punished. Survivor difficulty adds an extra layer of fun, however, with supplies being incredibly limited and the "hearing" x-ray ability being removed altogether, making the experience much more intense.
    Some will live for the stealth gameplay, others will find this progress tedious and unfulfilling but thankfully the game provisions for both elements, thus aiding in reducing the tedium. Extras like notes and voice recordings add depth for those who, like me, enjoy immersing themselves into the story.

Overall I'd have to say that while this game provides fairly average gameplay and a tired and cliché story, the execution of of both is fantastic. Better gameplay and a more original premise would have made this game truly unique and put it up among the timeless greats like FFVII and Silent Hill 2, but even so this is a hugely entertaining game and was for me a 10/10 experience.
  57. Jul 5, 2013
    Undeniably the most dark and violent game I have ever played. However, looking past this violence and its macabre atmosphere, it's hard to call this a "game" at all. It's a masterpiece, a work of art, Naughty Dog's magnum opus, and it lives up to all of the hype it's garnered. The story and graphics overshadow the games from the previous months of this year. It's gameplay and combatUndeniably the most dark and violent game I have ever played. However, looking past this violence and its macabre atmosphere, it's hard to call this a "game" at all. It's a masterpiece, a work of art, Naughty Dog's magnum opus, and it lives up to all of the hype it's garnered. The story and graphics overshadow the games from the previous months of this year. It's gameplay and combat feel gritty and real, with blood spattering with each impact of blunt force or bullet. The connection between Joel, the games protagonist, and Ellie, the deuteragonist, are the pith of the game's story. Their appearances and dispositions contrast sharply in the beginning but they begin to bond with the months and the few serene moments they spend together.

The multiplayer is unique and hard to get into at first, but after a couple of hours I've been playing it constantly. Hardcore fans of first-person shooters probably won't enjoy it, but I suggest that anybody play the campaign, as it is an experience of this generation. Unless you're an emotional person, as some scenes will leave you with tears.
  58. Jul 5, 2013
    The Last Of Us is a masterpiece. Troy and Ashley give life to Joel and Ellie in a unique way, every character in the game is unique. The gameplay is tense, it's slow, giving you the chance to plan your approach to each situation you encounter. You may see a few bugs along the way, and you can say that enemy AI does not see Ellie, but that is the only problem that the game has. The way theThe Last Of Us is a masterpiece. Troy and Ashley give life to Joel and Ellie in a unique way, every character in the game is unique. The gameplay is tense, it's slow, giving you the chance to plan your approach to each situation you encounter. You may see a few bugs along the way, and you can say that enemy AI does not see Ellie, but that is the only problem that the game has. The way the game plays, and the way that the game ends, it will keep you on edge from start to finish. The multiplayer is great and special. And I can say that The Last Of Us is one of the best games of this generation, if not the best, and a very solid game that could be Game Of The Year 2013. Expand
  59. Jul 5, 2013
    This game does some things that no other game has quite perfected. The uncanny valley doesn't exist here. Best animation and voice acting I've seen in a game. The main story is well thought out, and it lays it all out there. There are several threads to delve into by picking up artifacts from other survivors, or worse, the dead. But you learn more about the world and you will appreciateThis game does some things that no other game has quite perfected. The uncanny valley doesn't exist here. Best animation and voice acting I've seen in a game. The main story is well thought out, and it lays it all out there. There are several threads to delve into by picking up artifacts from other survivors, or worse, the dead. But you learn more about the world and you will appreciate the extra time you put in.

This game conveys emotion better than most. It sets a great pace, and it rewards you with understanding the more you invest in it.

There are a couple graphical bugs, and sometimes your NPCs can get in your way. But overall, they detract very little from the experience. The Last of Us produces an intense story and atmosphere that will keep you from wanting to put it down. This is one of the best games I have ever played, and I hope you all enjoy it as much as I did.
  60. Jul 5, 2013
    Greeting's everyone, I would just like to start with saying the game is truly amazing, it really is. When you think about what must of gone into actually producing this game, it's unbelievable. And, they have done it very well, maybe the best out there in terms of production. But alas these AAA games come with a AAA cost, and there is the problem. Is a, more than likely, once play-throughGreeting's everyone, I would just like to start with saying the game is truly amazing, it really is. When you think about what must of gone into actually producing this game, it's unbelievable. And, they have done it very well, maybe the best out there in terms of production. But alas these AAA games come with a AAA cost, and there is the problem. Is a, more than likely, once play-through game really worth $60+tax? The average game play-through is around 10 hours and in terms of actual game-play mechanics we aren't being offered anything new.

Despite that, I decided to pick it up. I am a game fanatic to put it lightly, and when I see a AAA game come out and get a metascore like this I can't help but have to give it a shot. Honestly I am burn out on the whole zombie apocalypse thing, but ultimately what did it in for me was when I heard the game was loosely based on the Novel/Movie The Road written by Cormac McCarthy which is hands down my favorite portrayal of an apocalyptic Earth.

Well, I must say that I am very happy with the game overall. In fact, it is one of my favorite games right now, if not of all time (in the list of course hehe). But besides what I think about the game and my "feelings", I would like to explain why I think the game is so well accepted and rated so highly. I am also going to do my best to avoid from any spoilers. This won't take long I promise.

First, this game is essentially an interactive movie, of sorts. It isn't an FPS, nor an action adventure, but really more of a movie that you are a part of. In terms of accuracy, control responsiveness, camera angles, and overall character mobility the game is very much lacking. In fact, the game doesn't really offer anything new that you don't see in Uncharted, simple fact. Most development companies reuse game engines all the time, they just continually refine them and build on them eventually becoming the amazing things we see and love today. This is no exception, as you can easily find similarities between Uncharted and TLoU.

Regardless of that, the game does offer many amazing things. Probably the strongest point being it's story and ability to make you feel immersed. Hell, I was almost in tears just by the intro. The game has done an amazing job at compelling the audience, it captures your attention and like any good movie or game, you become immersed in the illusion. And in that aspect it wins by leaps and bounds. Now, that's not to say the game is 100% like that, no. There are some parts that do seem a bit repetitive and game like. But in the end, as a whole the good far outweighs the bad. If you let a few small flaws interfere with your ability to see the larger picture then this game may not be for you, because it is not without it's flaws.

My last point I will make is that the game also is the pitch perfect example of a well written and structured story. I think many games fail to capture the essence of proper story telling, where you carry out a structure of rules such as an opening, climax, closure, to name a few. When you structure your story based on these guidelines it helps to make the story more entertaining. Naughty Dogs nailed the structure spot on and I really believe that helped a lot.

In the end, it really is up to the individual, and as I know there will always be those who don't agree with me so don't just take my word for it. Actually my advice would be, if you are unsure about rather or not you want to fork out the cash for it, go try Uncharted 3 and if you like that then I would definitely say get the game. Otherwise it may not be for you. If you liked Uncharted but your not sure if you liked it that much, just realize that this game is of much better quality, but still at it's core the same style.

Anyways, my final score is a 9. Because, as much as I loved the game a 10 is a perfect score and the game is not perfect. My honest opinion, and to be more specific it's more of an 8.5 but I just rounded up I know a lot of you would disagree either too low or too high, but hey it's just my humble opinion.

Peace
    RoboToxic
  61. Jul 6, 2013
    The game is remarkable in many ways, it looks amazing, the voice acting is superb, the game play is fun, but there is one single major flaw that really annoyed me throughout the entire game, and that is the enemy reaction to your companions... or complete lack of reaction.

Your there, using stealth going slow round clickers and out of nowhere, Ellie runs straight to you, straight into the clicker, bumping it back a little, yet nothing, it doesn't react or go for them, they just don't exist as far as their concerned.

It really pulls you from the whole experience somewhat, you don't fear for your young companion, which is a missed opportunity in immersing you to the world.

I still loved every minute of the game, I just didn't really care much which is a shame.
  62. Jul 7, 2013
    Universal praise aside, The Last of Us is clearly a triumph within a cinematic gaming experience.

What it is not, however, is a triumph within play. What people forget here is that despite the emotion and immersion felt while both watching and playing, no matter how well projected, is that there is still a game mechanic here; and it is troubling at best. The core mechanics of the AI

The core mechanics of the AI are not merely glitched, they are unacceptable. During certain portions of play, this gamer witnessed enemies circling around nonsensically, waiting to be shot. Enemies ignore the noise made when Joel is strangling their comrades some 10 feet away. Allied AI also has the habit of running around everywhere, within enemy view, which they take no notice of. It all makes for a surreal and awkward passage of gameplay. When a player enjoys scurrying around the empty environment more than he does taking out bandit scum, I would suggest there is a problem.

With that said, the fact the game still comes away as a positively great experience says a lot for how strong the story was.
  63. Jul 14, 2013
    [Deleted]....................................................................................................................................................................................................
  64. Jul 10, 2013
    A masterpiece....Is the only description that comes to mind for this game from its incredible story, action characters and set pieces every thing blends beautifully into an experience that every gamer has to experience. Be warned though this game involves intense violent scenes. 10/10
  65. May 30, 2014
    The Last of Us

Campaign - The campaign is amazing, it has a story which not a lot of games have now a days, a interesting one, this was the game which i bought with my PS3 and i was not disappointed, its characters act real, you care for the characters and it has some of most emotional moments in video game history and for it being a PS3 game, its graphics push the boundaries.
    The Last of Us

Multiplayer - The multiplayer is the shocker for me, it is surprisingly fun, it has a nice use of survival, stealth and tactics, not just run and gun like most games (CoD, Battlefield).

Overall - The Last of Us is the one of only games i have played more than once, and wanted to and also has some moments which will bring the tears out, 10/10
  66. Jul 11, 2013
    Hi !
    Iam just registered and i made it only or posting my opinion.
    Why you people so hard to surprise nowadays? Game is amazing and its a fact. I think people who scored lower than 80 expected something more and made themselves frustrated. I was seeking for this game more than 1 year Am i amazed? No. Do i like this game a lot! 17 september there will be gta5 and what would you
    Hi !
    Iam just registered and i made it only or posting my opinion.

Why you people so hard to surprise nowadays?
    Game is amazing and its a fact.

17 september there will be gta5 and what would you say guys who scored less than 80 its just another game with cars,guns and gangsters?
    Try to relax. When it was remember me did you enjoy it? A lot! But you werent waiting it every day watching trailers and reading dev comments.

Why i always say 80 80 80....i think there is still no game in the world with 100. Because if they were there would nothing to do more. And its great there is the place to grow.
    its three kind of people positive negative and neutral. You just decide for yourself who you are.

This game is must play for everybody. ND thank you for last 4 games U made.
  67. Jul 12, 2013
    I've beaten The Last of Us on normal and survivor difficulty and sunk about 10 hours into the multiplayer, so you could say I've definitely gotten my money's worth out of this game (and will continue to play it).

The Last of Us is an incredible experience, and if the concept of the game at all interests you then it is worth a purchase. Here's what I loved: The story It's good,

The story It's good, really good. Yes, it has zombies and post-apocalypse tropes, but by the end the plot goes in a very unexpected and powerful direction. The weakest part of the game is unfortunately the first couple hours, after the prologue. It picks up the pace though, and the ending hit me like an emotional sucker punch. My first play through took about 16 hours,

The graphics are superb. what really took me in however was the attention to detail. If you let this game suck you in, it will. Combat and the stealth aren't anything groundbreaking, but being out of ammo and trying to sneak around an agitated "Clicker" is appropriately terrifying. Voice acting was perfect and only one line of dialogue out of hundreds struck me as being a little cheesy. Music was top-notch. Multiplayer is truly unique and pretty fun to boot, though it may not keep you engaged for more than a few hours.

I really wanted to give this game a ten, but a few issues kept me from doing so:

1. Friendly AI can't be noticed by enemies, which didn't bother me so much. What DID bother me was when I was trying to stealth and my AI buddies decided to open fire for no discernible reason, making me get munched on and have to start over.

2. Enemy AI has some issues. The infected functioned fine, but human enemies sometimes seemed to space out and stare at walls even after being alerted by gunshots or fallen buddies. One section of the midgame this seemed to occur frequently.

3. I admittedly got tired of pushing dumpsters and moving around ladders.

In conclusion, Joel is no Nathan Drake and you shouldn't expect the gameplay to be fast and fluid like Uncharted. Regardless, this game is without a doubt within the top ten I've ever played, and I've been playing for twenty years. Don't get put off by the idea of zombies, because you quickly realize they aren't the driving force behind this game.

It may not appeal to every gamer, but Naughty Dog has crafted something special here.
  68. Jul 13, 2013
    This is the best survival game i've ever played. I played it on hard difficulty, cuz i didnt want it finish. Perfect graphics, perfect story, dialogues are perfect, gametime is perfect. You must play it!
  69. Jul 13, 2013
    This game is Amazing and by far the best game i have ever played this game is a must play i would even go to the extent of buying a PS3 just to play this game. The characters in this game are unbelievable well write and acted you can see the amount of time and dedication that Naughty dog used in creating these characters. Joel is a best way to describe it a survivor at the beginning of theThis game is Amazing and by far the best game i have ever played this game is a must play i would even go to the extent of buying a PS3 just to play this game. The characters in this game are unbelievable well write and acted you can see the amount of time and dedication that Naughty dog used in creating these characters. Joel is a best way to describe it a survivor at the beginning of the game Joel is not a good guy but he is also not a bad guy he just does what he has to do to survive in this world of his however Joel seems to be more of a good guy throughout the game however we learn that he has done bad things in the past when Ellie asks Joel when they are fighting some bandits if he has ever been in a situation like this before or something along them lines i can't remember but Joel answers he has been on both sides. Then you got Ellie who was born after the out break who is also an amazing character who you as Joel feel the need to look out for but she is not dependent on Joel and shows how she can quite easily handle herself in combat.

The game also looks amazing with graphics which i would be happy with on next gen consoles with amazing detail and instead of the classic abandoned decaying cities in zombie survival games we see a city that is very slowly being taken back by nature.

So that is why i give a game a ten and if you buy this game you will not regret it seriously if you have a PS3 then get this game.
  70. Sep 21, 2013
    An engrossing storyline in which you, as Joel, escort Ellie across America to find the illusive Fireflies.
    With it's engrossing combat mechanics and it's small but manageable crafting system, the game runs smoothly throughout it's campaign. I didn't once feel the controls were sluggish during my time with The Last of Us, and it certainly helps that the pacing is magnificent, allowing meaningful breathers with wonderfully scripted conversations between the two characters.
    There is hardly any faults with the game, and it defiantly shows within the reception and acclaim that the game has received.
    Not to be missed by anyone that owns a playstation 3, as it is a journey that really hits the player hard
    I have no complaint with this game, It's story, gameplay, level design and attention to detail are what make this game one of the best that I have played.
    I will leave with no spoilers as you will not want to have this game ruined for you.
  71. Jul 16, 2013
    The Game is great, the environment is cool, and it tells a very good story. The game is one of the best of recent times, but it isn't without it's flaws. The AI is questionable at times, with clickers not noticing you sometimes, never noticing allies no matter the crap they pull, even on survivor difficulty this is a problem. One other problem I have with it is how the grass is cut, whoThe Game is great, the environment is cool, and it tells a very good story. The game is one of the best of recent times, but it isn't without it's flaws. The AI is questionable at times, with clickers not noticing you sometimes, never noticing allies no matter the crap they pull, even on survivor difficulty this is a problem. One other problem I have with it is how the grass is cut, who is cutting grass in infected neighborhoods? Great story and the multiplayer is a solid edition. This is a very good game is comes highly recommended. Expand
  72. Jul 17, 2013
    The Last of Us was by far one of my personal most anticipated games of the entire year of 2013, besides SimCity, we all know how that went down. The story was put together and like many other people here on this forum I found the game's intro to be revolutionary for it was one of the first post-apocalyptic games to actually show the night of the apocalypse Even so I give the game an 8/10The Last of Us was by far one of my personal most anticipated games of the entire year of 2013, besides SimCity, we all know how that went down. The story was put together and like many other people here on this forum I found the game's intro to be revolutionary for it was one of the first post-apocalyptic games to actually show the night of the apocalypse Even so I give the game an 8/10 since honestly the experience didn't wow me like some over games, I mean half the game your picking up ladders, rolling dumpsters or getting the stupid pallet for Ellie to jump on. These extremely repetitive scenes tended to kill the immersion since you could see the laziness of variety within the game. Apart from the repetitive "bridge-crossing" scenes the story was very well written, the bonding that slowly formed between Joel and Ellie and the weird/interesting friends/foes they encountered along the way. Yet even so the ending did prove for me to be a disappointment, for ending a game with the line "Okay." felt like the game was unfinished or rushed to be finished since they could have taken that so much further given the circumstance leading up to the final line. Overall, this game would not make my top ten list and left me felling a bit let-down, yet this does not mean it was a bad game. The story of it was superb up until the end and the combat was satisfying apart from the occasional AI glitch. I would recommend renting/buying this game used for the story but do not expect to be be blown away otherwise you may feel left in the dust like me. Expand
  73. Jul 18, 2013
    Sorry, but I have to again, write something very quickly here. Topic: stealth.
    No, stealth is not useless if you can't avoid every enemy. The WHOLE GAME would be useless if you could sneak through every enemy. Why bothering playing if you just dodge everywhere and walk around like it's your house? Take a stroll instead in the real world and DONT BUY A GAME.
    Stealth is for the atmosphere
    Sorry, but I have to again, write something very quickly here. Topic: stealth.
    Stealth is for the atmosphere purpose only! It is intense when you hide from an enemy and he does not see you and you see that he is coming closer and you need to act quick and don't know what to use...knife? Bat? Your hands? You heartbeat is rising, etc.
    Dont you ge that, Acedualblade?

You got to be kidding me...I wrote like novel here and just wanted to add something with another post and now the original one is gone?
    **** this!
  74. Aug 11, 2013
    The Last of Us is simply one of the best games ever made. Do not listen to the hate you may have seen from Tom Chick from Quarter to Three (considering he gave Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 an 8/10) or in the YouTube comments calling it "overrated" and an "interactive movie." The Last of Us is a splendid journey that will take you around 18-20 hours with many scenes that will leave youThe Last of Us is simply one of the best games ever made. Do not listen to the hate you may have seen from Tom Chick from Quarter to Three (considering he gave Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 an 8/10) or in the YouTube comments calling it "overrated" and an "interactive movie." The Last of Us is a splendid journey that will take you around 18-20 hours with many scenes that will leave you speechless showing the worst humanity can do to each other. I can't say much about the campaign without spoiling it, but its certainly one of the best single player experiences one could ask for. This game is not an interactive movie. There is plenty of gameplay. The only gameplay flaws I can see are some bad AI that can break the immersion, but this only becomes an annoyance and doesn't ruin the experience in any way.

The Last of Us also comes with a fulfilling multiplayer experience. Its in no way the focus and premises of the game, so if you buy games only for multiplayer, then go back to COD. Multiplayer is in no way perfect; but its unique and a challenge to master. Players must work together in order to survive and eliminate the other team. However, be warned, many players are a bit stupid. There have been plenty of instances where I am down and a teammate who is standing next to me clear as day lets me die. Be prepared for moments like this, help your team if you really want to win. One annoyance I found was the challenges. You have a population that you build up as you play multiplayer more that you need to feed and make sure stay healthy, but many times you'll be greeted with a challenge saying "Get 3 Shiv kills or 100 of your population dies." Its extremely annoying and you are greeted with it a lot, but in no way ruins this otherwise excellent multiplayer experience in this single player focused game.

The Last of Us is a remarkable game on Naughty Dog's part, they have created maybe their best game yet. Any hate you find on this game are just trolls trying to get people angry or think everything needs to be open world and non-linear. The Last of Us is a linear experience, but its an excellent linear experience, it in no way holds your hand at all. A must own for anybody with a PS3. If you own a PS3 and do not purchase this title then your PS3 should be taken away. Simple as that.
  75. Jul 20, 2013
    Simply one of the best game's this year, and of this generation. Packed with a gripping emotional story, and a unique multi-player experience. This game is well worth the price, and i recommend this game to any PS3 owner.
  76. Sep 23, 2014
    EN: Few games in history have gained as much hype as The Last of Us, and fewer have lived up to it. The Last of Us is among those. It's a flawless expression of art and emotion through a violent game within the thin lines between beauty and horror, innocence and brutality. If this hard hitting story doesn't made any impact on you, i don't understand you. If you haven't played yet, beEN: Few games in history have gained as much hype as The Last of Us, and fewer have lived up to it. The Last of Us is among those. It's a flawless expression of art and emotion through a violent game within the thin lines between beauty and horror, innocence and brutality. If this hard hitting story doesn't made any impact on you, i don't understand you. If you haven't played yet, be prepared for a new kind of game.

PT-BR: Poucos jogos na história ganharam tanta hype quanto The Last of Us, e menos ainda fizeram por merece-la. The Last of Us está entre esses. Ele é uma impecável expressão de arte e emoção através de um game violento entre as finas linhas de beleza e horror, inocência e brutalidade. Se essa história potente não teve nenhum impacto em você, eu não te entende. Se você ainda não jogou, esteja preparado pra uma nova espécie de jogo.
  77. Jul 21, 2013
    is alright, the chaacter's look strage and i dont like the infecton, is just to unrealstic the menu screen is great but overal that was the best part of the experince

al togethre really disapointingn and not worth time

78. Jul 22, 2013
    Pluses: GREAT plot, intereting gameplay with vigors, good graphics, very good characters, cool music, different foes, one of the best ending, beautiful locations.
    Minuses: i didn't find any minuses...
  79. Jul 22, 2013
    It may not be a complete masterpiece, but it is damn close to one. I have never had such an emotional connection to a video game character in all my years of gaming. It's amazing what Naughty Dog could crank out of the ps3 at the tail end of its life before the ps4 comes out. It may be a little slow in the first quarter of the game but don't let my stop you from buying this amazing game.
  80. Jul 22, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Where to start with The Last Of Us'?
    Well I was highly anticipating this game for about 18 months and firstly I have to say, It did not disappoint !!
    I'd say it is THE BEST game I've ever played. It ticks all the boxes in my eyes, I almost s**t myself and checked all dark places in my house, the reason for this is because I got so emotionally involved that it felt real.
    You could see the emotional bond growing and how he adopts her as his own.
    Although I haven't played the multi -player I am still looking forward to that.
    I am going to play it again as soon as I forget what happens....
    the reason for this is because I want to get that feeling again and again and again.
    I've heard they have said about their being a sequel and that it will not be Joel and Ellie in that as the playable characters and I agree with this as anything added to that relationship and if they were to it would ruin that and the whole series so a fresh outlook will be amazing.
    I'd also quite like to see a co-op mode so that the AI won't affect you as much and more people can enjoy the experience of the enthralling, emotional roller coaster that is 'The Last of Us'
  81. Sep 29, 2013
    Game of the year and of this generation.... Is you have a PS3 you have to get this game, if not, you need to get a PS3 to play it... :P

The storey is great, the introduction, some events, the end.
    The two main characters are great!!
  82. Jul 23, 2013
    This was a really good game! A testimony to Naughty Dogs story telling ability. The story was engaging and I kept coming back for more. I did feel like it ended a little too quickly considering what had just happened in the story progression, but that is just a minor grip. Also another grip would be the hand to hand combat, it seem a little awkward. I didn't care for multiplayer, but iThis was a really good game! A testimony to Naughty Dogs story telling ability. The story was engaging and I kept coming back for more. I did feel like it ended a little too quickly considering what had just happened in the story progression, but that is just a minor grip. Also another grip would be the hand to hand combat, it seem a little awkward. I didn't care for multiplayer, but i didn't buy this game for the multitplayer. There is one thing that i would complain about and that is immersion breaking elements. Specifically during the stealth sections when you are suppose to be quite and your comrades are running around, stomping there feet, and generally talking quite loud. It made me remember that I was playing a game and that really sucks, because the story kept sucking me in. This game is good enough to make me over look those things and I would label it as a must buy for PS3 users at a discount purchase. Expand
  83. Jul 25, 2013
    Naughthy Dog could have only add zombies to Uncharted 3 and give it to us a ne title. But this game is much more. The graphics and gameplay is fun as ever. The AI is just over the top. The gameplay is so realistic and the story really grabs you. I care about Ellie more than I care about my own sister. Overalli we can easily say that this game is a masterpiece. CONGRATS AGAIN NAUGHTY DOG
  84. Jul 26, 2013
    This game is a masterpiece. Like a good arthouse movie. But beware the game is pretty hard even on easy level. I was so tired to pass it. And I've finished Resident Evil 1 twice.
  85. Jul 26, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This is why PlayStation is amazing, because of its great exclusives. I loved everything about this game, the game mechanics, the characters, the graphics, the voice acting, and more things that are endless. This game is awesome because it's not only killing infected people, it has an incredible story and you also have to use your mind for stealth and other things. You can choose whether to be stealth or go straight up on combat. You can talk to Ellie while exploring the beautiful world and you can get more emotionally adapted to them. I guarantee to you that this will be one of the best games you will experience and that it will definitely be at least nominated for game of the year. Also, did I tell you this game has over 50 perfect scores? And don't pay attention to the people who rate this bad, they either down own a PlayStation 3, they don't like an amazing story with stealth, or they only spend their like playing Call of Duty. I also recommend you play the other games of Naughty Dog or other PlayStation exclusives like Uncharted Trilogy, God of War Trilogy, Jak and Daxter Trilogy, Infamous 1 and 2, Crash Bandicoot Trilogy, Sly Cooper Games, Ratchet and Clank Games, LittleBigPlanet 1 and 2, Killzone Trilogy, Journey, Flower, FlOw and Heavy Rain. And if you like zombie or infected people games with good story, I recommend The Walking Dead by Telltale Games and Dead Island (both of them). Expand
  86. Jul 27, 2013
    Superb story, interesting gameplay and very interesting characters
    - The setting is incosistent at times. "Cooperative AI sneaking" often ruins immersion.
  87. Sep 6, 2013
    The rumors are true. This game really is as great as everyone is saying it is! The game has amazing characters, an amazing setting, an amazing story only rivaled by that of Half life games and Bioshock games and a great crafting system where you decide what materials to pick up and what you should use them on. The combat may take time to get used to but its well worth it and the graphicsThe rumors are true. This game really is as great as everyone is saying it is! The game has amazing characters, an amazing setting, an amazing story only rivaled by that of Half life games and Bioshock games and a great crafting system where you decide what materials to pick up and what you should use them on. The combat may take time to get used to but its well worth it and the graphics push the limits of the PlayStation 3! Is it an amazing game? perhaps a masterpiece? yes! Expand
  88. Jul 30, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This game was very good and nicely story driven. As an escort mission it did not feel like you were being held back apart from the fact that Ellie could not swim, but that was not a big issue and it added to the story and gameplay.
    I do feel like the combat was repetitive sometimes and dragged on a bit. One of the major downsides that annoyed me way to much was that a lot of the combat sections towards the end ended up with me constantly dying and start from the beginning of that section again. This could of been the fact that I may be a bad player and I played on "Normal" difficulty, but I don't think that is exactly the case.
    The story was amazing and could not have been done better (apart from the ending which left me slightly agitated). The whole concept and the way it was executed by the whole team who worked on this game at Naughty Dog was fantastic.

Due to specific combat mechanics that aren't under my favour I won't give this a 10/10 but apart from that, this game was amazing and is a must-have.
  89. Jul 31, 2013
    The Last of Us surely is worth your money. It boasts a gripping story, fantastic graphics, intense gameplay and of course the best part is definitely the characters and the voice-acting. My only gripe is the ending, I have very mixed emotions about it and without giving anything away, it just felt abrupt and I'm not sure I can fully like it as much as the rest of the story but overall theThe Last of Us surely is worth your money. It boasts a gripping story, fantastic graphics, intense gameplay and of course the best part is definitely the characters and the voice-acting. My only gripe is the ending, I have very mixed emotions about it and without giving anything away, it just felt abrupt and I'm not sure I can fully like it as much as the rest of the story but overall the story is top notch. It beats out most Hollywood blockbusters in terms of quality. The highlight is definitely the relationship between Joel and Ellie.

The gameplay is fairly simple. There's shooting, there's looting and there's crafting. The crafting is very addictive and thanks to the new game plus, I'm able to craft stuff that I didn't in my first run.

It does have its glitches from time to time like for example, there was a part in the game where I was sneaking up on this soldier and all of a sudden Ellie ran in front of him but the soldier didn't notice her....or even saw her for that matter and keep in mind that Ellie was running around in front of him.

Overall, the game is one of the best out there and one that I didn't mind paying full price for. It's a must buy. Hope this review helped
  90. Aug 15, 2013
    The Last of Us is one of the best game I have ever played.This is a great game and if you own a PlayStation you should buy it and play:) this game has a great storyline great music everything great. this game one of my favorite game ever:):):)
  91. Jun 30, 2014
    There isn't much that hasn't been said about this masterpiece of gaming. Everyone knows it represents a landmark in graphic design for future video games, as well as how impressively tight the story, dialogues and characters are written apart from the intuitive gameplay. All I can say is that if you have a PS3 or a PS4 (when the remastered version comes out) and you don't have this game,There isn't much that hasn't been said about this masterpiece of gaming. Everyone knows it represents a landmark in graphic design for future video games, as well as how impressively tight the story, dialogues and characters are written apart from the intuitive gameplay. All I can say is that if you have a PS3 or a PS4 (when the remastered version comes out) and you don't have this game, what the hell are you waiting for? Expand
  92. Aug 5, 2013
    This game not only offers a fantastic audio-visual presentation, it also takes game play to a new level. While being extremely brutal, violence is a part of the "reality" Joel and Ellie live in.
    The game play is smooth but also very intense. Not being a "horror" fan, the suspense was sometimes almost to much for me. But Last of Us also delivers a great (and in some aspects in the context of male-focused games even women-empowering) story. You will almost certainly connect emotionally to the characters.
    I played the game together with my brother, exchanging the controller regularly. I still was never bored.
    A epic milestone in game development!

Whats missing for 10points? A bit more AI for the emenies and sometimes our sidekicks.
  93. Aug 5, 2013
    I first bought his game two days ago and I think it's really good. However, the only things that ticked me off a little bit were the graphics and the really low amount of ammo per gun. Nonetheless, I do kinda think the low ammunitin "issue"(in my opinion)is actually a good feature of the game, cause it motivates you to be really precise about your shots, which makes you seem like aI first bought his game two days ago and I think it's really good. However, the only things that ticked me off a little bit were the graphics and the really low amount of ammo per gun. Nonetheless, I do kinda think the low ammunitin "issue"(in my opinion)is actually a good feature of the game, cause it motivates you to be really precise about your shots, which makes you seem like a hardcore killer. Another thing, Ellie is now becoming my favorite character in the game, because she has awesome killing skills which makes me remind her of Hit-Girl from Kick-Ass also, I do feel a little funny saying this, but I'm getting kinda attracted to Ellie lol. Overall it's an awesome game! :D Expand
  94. Aug 7, 2013
    Technically and mechanically the best game I have ever played and will go down as one of my favorites. Naughty Dog once again create s a visually striking game that takes familiar concepts and perfects them to create another great AAA title. Everything you do throughout the game carries weight and further immerses you into the atmosphere and story like no other game has ever done.
  95. Apr 8, 2014
    Un videojuego fascinte y adicitivo que te atrapara en el primer minuto, una narracion extraordinaria, graficos apabullantes, personajes increibles y carismaticos, todo eso junto con una duracion de unas 12 o 17 horas por lo menos. Es maravilloso como este juego al jugarlo sientas que de verdad estas en un escenario apocaliptico. Sin duda y siendo sincero fue el mejor juego del 2013.
  96. Aug 7, 2013
    Can I just briefly point out to all those unaware, this is NOT a zombie game The Last of Us exceeded all of my expectations, high as they were, and I can only find an incredibly small amount of problems. For starters, any of the characters other than the one you are playing (Joel) can make as much noise as they would like and stand in the open and not attract attention from enemies, butCan I just briefly point out to all those unaware, this is NOT a zombie game The Last of Us exceeded all of my expectations, high as they were, and I can only find an incredibly small amount of problems. For starters, any of the characters other than the one you are playing (Joel) can make as much noise as they would like and stand in the open and not attract attention from enemies, but when Joel sneezes it brings on a herd of infected/survivors. Other small things, like being allowed to pass through a door in the middle of a fight and not be followed, as if the enemy forgot you were there the moment you left the scene, or lack of any true brain-teasing puzzles kind of takes you out of the deep immersion you would be in at any other time. Other than that, I have to say the ambiance, combined with the stunning voice acting and truly amazing graphics of the game took my breath away. I hope Naughty Dog gave themselves a good pat on the back, because this game is most definitely in my top 3 favorites of all time. Expand
  97. Aug 7, 2013
    i give this game a 8 because its one i think a fan of every genre can pick up and play and enjoy, it does a lot of things right but i do think the game is overrated, the game does a lot of things well and does nothing bad plus has a great story which i think makes it deserve the 8...9 and 10 i reserve for games i have to play at least twice and games i cant stop thinking about and long fori give this game a 8 because its one i think a fan of every genre can pick up and play and enjoy, it does a lot of things right but i do think the game is overrated, the game does a lot of things well and does nothing bad plus has a great story which i think makes it deserve the 8...9 and 10 i reserve for games i have to play at least twice and games i cant stop thinking about and long for i beat the last of us in 3 days it sat on my dresser for 2 weeks then i traded it in during one of gamestop's specials and i'm so happy about that i haven't missed it for 1 minute Expand
  98. Oct 19, 2013
    There is only one word to describe The Last of Us, flawless. When it comes to graphics, this game is arguably the best ever. There were countless moments when I would stop and look at everything around me in awe. The combat was perfect for the game and the way the game smoothly interacted with the environment was impeccable. The story and it's characters were excellent but were they reallyThere is only one word to describe The Last of Us, flawless. When it comes to graphics, this game is arguably the best ever. There were countless moments when I would stop and look at everything around me in awe. The combat was perfect for the game and the way the game smoothly interacted with the environment was impeccable. The story and it's characters were excellent but were they really excelled was the relationships and the way they were developed. The story always had you on your toes and you were always scared for lives of the characters. The game did a swell job at always mixing it up. Constantly changing the weather and the environment gave the game a feeling of unpredictability and always stayed fresh. After the long journey of emotional tear, it leaves you with satisfying ending. Expand
  99. Aug 8, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. There is something in The Last of Us that calls everyone´s attention, and that called my own attention when I started playing as Sarah. The immersion level on this game is incredible. The animations on playable characters such as Joel or Ellie, the amazing graphics (for a console); this is perhaps the best-looking game I have ever played on a console, and I can´t wait for Naughty Dog´s release on the PS4. Voice acting is gorgeous and the game´s plot is just genius, mixing a post-apocalyptic setting with the super complex relation between Joel and Ellie. The protagonists´ character development is one of the best I have ever seen, and the ending is one of the most unexpected ones I have ever experienced in a game.
    However, this game fails in being an actual GAME. Fight sequences are amazing the first couple of times. My first personal encounter with clickers was tremendously difficult to overcome and I had to replay it over and over again. But when you get used to the fighting gameplay and you familiarize with the not-so-good enemy AI, gameplay starts getting kind of repetitive. In my opinion, gameplay is one of the most important parts of a game.
    Another problem I found was that enemy skins kept repeating themselves over and over again! I think I killed the same bandit like fifty times!! I couldn´t believe that a game where each room you enter tells you a story without saying a single word, didn´t have a wider variety of skins!!
    I played the game just once, as I believe that replaying this game would ruin the amazing memory I have of the first gameplay. I played it in normal difficulty, knowing some people that had to change the difficulty to easy because it was too much for them. I couldn´t believe they had to do that!! Reaching the final chapters I was literally able to predict every single movement a clicker or a human would make. The game became so much easier... One of the things I love to see in games is a consistent challenge, never letting you master the game, as difficulty keeps increasing more and more. This was nonexistent in The Last of Us. Perhaps in a few months, after I have lent the game to all my friends, I will replay it on the hard difficulty.
    Level design was excellent, plot was excellent, character and enemy design were GORGEOUS although repetitive, difficulty *meh...*, voice acting was incredible, gameplay was repetitive, top notch, high-quality violence everywhere (loved it). I think this game was a little bit overrated. It won´t ever be the "BEST GAME EVER", but it will surely remain in the heart and memory of anyone who plays it. Thus, my score.
  100. Aug 19, 2013
    Just finished playing the game. Apart from the emotional storyline and amazing graphics, the game have awesome Gameplay. Weapon crafting is one of the most interesting things about this game. Awesome combat with option to kill enemies with guns or silently. There are two points to be noticed if you want to enjoy this game at extreme level. One is you have to play the game in normal mode orJust finished playing the game. Apart from the emotional storyline and amazing graphics, the game have awesome Gameplay. Weapon crafting is one of the most interesting things about this game. Awesome combat with option to kill enemies with guns or silently. There are two points to be noticed if you want to enjoy this game at extreme level. One is you have to play the game in normal mode or higher. Second: dont read the story just play and it will keep on giving you surprises. Expand

1. Sep 16, 2013
  2. Sep 10, 2013
  3. Despite the breakneck pace of the prologue, it takes quite a while for The Last of Us to pick up some speed again. However, once the cold harsh winter arrives, the action (and story) ramps up. So much so, it puts most Hollywood productions to shame. [July 2013, p.76]