The Last of Us PlayStation 3

• Publisher: SCEA
  • Release Date: Jun 14, 2013
9.2

1. Nov 27, 2013
    At first I'd like to get this off my chest. I really loved to play The Last of Us. It was an really enjoyable and emotional experience for me and it's one of the best games to be released in 2013. However; it had many flaws and is utterly overrated by the masses. The story is one of the highest claimed things about the game but to be honest, it wasn't that original, mostly cliché. It wereAt first I'd like to get this off my chest. I really loved to play The Last of Us. It was an really enjoyable and emotional experience for me and it's one of the best games to be released in 2013. However; it had many flaws and is utterly overrated by the masses. The story is one of the highest claimed things about the game but to be honest, it wasn't that original, mostly cliché. It were the characters that carried it all. Even the intro sequence brought tears in my eyes. And that will mean something. On the technical side there isn't much to critize, but it isn't the best looking game on the PS3. I still think Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception is the best looking current-gen console game to date. Some textures were muddy but that's about it. What was the most let down to me were three things: At first the gameplay and the difficulity. The gameplay was probably one of the most boring things I have ever wittnessed. It made Heavy Rain look spectacular.

Also it was really linear, the AI was dumb and the gunplay decent at best. But I just can't get over it how repetitive it all was. Always there was to find and build a ladder or a bridge and hold off some enemies and that's about it. And the difficulity was schizophrenic. At one time it was easy because of the stupid AI and then they threw in the Clickers that can kill you with one hit (at the beginning). Some may call it challenging, I call it a chore. And then the last chapter was really annoying too because of the sheer amount of enemies. The game has really low replayability for me. I tried to go for another run a while after I completed it but I just couldn't because it was so boring. It's a game you probably just will play once. To all the people who gave it a 10 How often did you replay the game you spent 60 bucks on? Because I think good games should be fun to replay. But this one wasn't at all.

Then there's multiplayer. Normally I'm not a multiplayer guy but this one really got me hooked. It was even more enjoyable than the singleplayer most of the time. It requires a lot of tactic and teamplay. More than those wanna-be tactic games like Battlefield 3 and 4.

Overall it's certainly not a bad game, it's very good to be sure but it's simply overrated. I think that's because it's a PlayStation exclusive. Most exclusive games on that platform that are actually just mediocre just get high scores because they look pretty and has the Sony brand on it.
  2. Nov 29, 2013
    Some body say's before and I totally agree, "its masterpiece, that breaks the self imposed barriers of gaming narrative and ensnares the player with intelligent gameplay and brilliant A.I.".
  3. Nov 30, 2013
    what can I say about this game???It was awesome the story was great and engaging the cutsces were beautifull and the voice acting the best in every game I ve played so far.Now the most important the gameplay was great overall the things I dint like were sometimes the AI and the button mashing that gets boring preety fast another thing i wasnt very into were the repetitive riddles.overallwhat can I say about this game???It was awesome the story was great and engaging the cutsces were beautifull and the voice acting the best in every game I ve played so far.Now the most important the gameplay was great overall the things I dint like were sometimes the AI and the button mashing that gets boring preety fast another thing i wasnt very into were the repetitive riddles.overall the last of us is for me the best game in 2013 and deserves the reviews it has been getting Expand
  4. Dec 7, 2013
    TLOUS excelente, não consigo encontrar defeitos. Obrigatório para proprietários de PS3. Uma história profunda que envolve o jogador do início ao fim.
  5. Dec 8, 2013
    Very good game by a very good game company the story is great and the gameplay doesn't disappoint. It is terrific. You can't say enough about the game. It is as good as it gets.
  6. Dec 9, 2013
    What can I say, an utter masterpiece from skull to toe. The plot is decent, the gameplay is well integrated, the graphics can be called next gen!!!
    Really enjoyed. Hope developer can make more games at such high qualities.
  7. Dec 10, 2013
    Naughty Dog has made a masterpiece. The best game PS3 has delivered in the entire sventh generation, and one that will be remembered for years to come. It is truly that good. And I know some jealous people will describe this game as overrated without even playing it, as the same thing happened last year with Halo 4. Shh, don't listen to them! The Last of Us is not flawless but is prettyNaughty Dog has made a masterpiece. The best game PS3 has delivered in the entire sventh generation, and one that will be remembered for years to come. It is truly that good. And I know some jealous people will describe this game as overrated without even playing it, as the same thing happened last year with Halo 4. Shh, don't listen to them! The Last of Us is not flawless but is pretty damn close, and that is enough to give it everlasting praise.
    The story, OMG! If you have a heart, and human feelings, and most importantly two eyes, two ears and a functioning brain, then you will love the story in this game. I never felt so many things, and I'm not talking only about TWD emotional post-depression, although there is definitely a hint of that. I am talking about anger, desperation, happiness and fear...and the worst fear of all. The fear of losing your loved ones. The voice acting is top-notch, and the graphics. They truly push the PS3 to the limit. They are insane.
    The gameplay is fitting, and really pairs with the pace of the game. It is intense, gritty and insanely violent. Stealth is king (Something we are not used to from the "Uncharted" games) as it is also being tactical, preservative and crafty. If you play in normal (Like me) you will find some challenge, though not overwhelming. It is at moments fun, at moments scary. It is just a good-old fashioned survival horror stealthy gameplay, and I enjoyed the hell out of it.
    Surprise! This game comes with an Online component which is, surprisingly good actually. It has the same gameplay mechanics from the campaign and the maps are thoughtfully designed. Of course it is not The Last of Us' main focus, but I am still playing it a lot, you know, after three entire playthroughs of the mind-blowing, excellent, five-star, supercalifragilisticexpialidocious campaign. Gotta love Ellie and her awful jokes!
    In the end, BUY THIS GAME! Do not own a PS3? Bro, I feel for you, because this game is one of the best games ever made, period. I am truly enthusiastic about this. There is just nothing else like it in the world.
  8. Dec 10, 2013
    This is definitely a page turner. I just had to play it to the end to see what happened. This is beautifully rendered with characters that are endearing. Although I was not a fan of the constantly killing, it did keep me on the edge of my seat. There were several times in the game when my heart was wrenched from my chest, played with then stitched back in! I would definitely recommendThis is definitely a page turner. I just had to play it to the end to see what happened. This is beautifully rendered with characters that are endearing. Although I was not a fan of the constantly killing, it did keep me on the edge of my seat. There were several times in the game when my heart was wrenched from my chest, played with then stitched back in! I would definitely recommend this game for a mature audience. There is quite a bit of violence and shocking moments. Expand
  9. Dec 11, 2013
    Simply put, this game is epic. From start to finish it's like an intense, deep experience whilst having a movie feel at the same time, it is unique with the way you get attached to characters. In the top 5 games I have ever played due to the quality of dialogue, atmosphere, general mechanics of game play etc etc..I could go on. You know you have played a truly decent game when you areSimply put, this game is epic. From start to finish it's like an intense, deep experience whilst having a movie feel at the same time, it is unique with the way you get attached to characters. In the top 5 games I have ever played due to the quality of dialogue, atmosphere, general mechanics of game play etc etc..I could go on. You know you have played a truly decent game when you are finished and think, "damn.. am I really finished?" Expand
  10. Dec 14, 2013
    This game is strong and delivers a really strong story that is for people who would like things such as the walking dead. you end up getting attached to Joel and Ellie the two main characters as you venture through the world in a post epidemic. I cant tell the story of this game as there would be spoilers as the game has a lot of big moment's. The side kick in the story Ellie will developThis game is strong and delivers a really strong story that is for people who would like things such as the walking dead. you end up getting attached to Joel and Ellie the two main characters as you venture through the world in a post epidemic. I cant tell the story of this game as there would be spoilers as the game has a lot of big moment's. The side kick in the story Ellie will develop into a real survivor while Joel is sort of like the mentor in a way. The first strong thing about the game is its soundtrack which is not too full of itself as it is not a collage of crazy sounds and noises that you would here in a pop music video. It is real music and you will get to liking it. The second thing I like about this game is the character AI especially the enemy's you will encounter some better than others. My most likable AI is one of the bosses in the game as the AI made the boss fight extremely rememberable and clever. The use of the clickers the infected characters in the game is interesting as you have to literally make sure they don't bite you or its game over no matter if you are playing on hard mode or not. The game play all around is smooth for a third person shooter I don't have much difficulty with the controls while in combat which uses the clever AI I talk about. The game graphics wise is Beautiful and is settings are amazing. The game is not all action or drama there is also horror in some scenario's in which one of these made me scared even with a fully upgraded shotgun. you can build and upgrade weapons and items on your Journey however it took me two playthroughs to do this. The voice acting in this game is great as troy baker does just as good as a job as he has in other games. The last aspect of the game I will talk about is the multiplayer, it is a fun and balanced multiplayer that plays as smooth as the singleplayer game and is at its best with friend's on headset's. This game is possibly the best exclusive Sony has ever published and just before nextgen. Expand
  11. Dec 16, 2013
    ground braking, amazing, worth be played 10 times more, visually its astonishing, storytelling its a masterpiece, maybe the end is a little unexpected but does not change the feeling of truth about the all thing.
  12. Dec 16, 2013
    One word can only describe this game: AMAZING. This game was phenomenal. The story was absolutely perfect. The graphics are some of fhe best i have ever seen. Joel and Ellie are two of the greatest characters i have ever played as. The multiplayer is unique and strategic. I could go on forever about this game but the max characters is 5000 and id need way more than that.
  13. Dec 17, 2013
    This game is absolutely incredible. Naughty Dog's artistic talent has reached it's peak with this title. The graphics are stunning, with so much detail it's visual overload with very minimal, if any, pop-in objects and textures. The acting is phenomenal, voice and motion captured. The one thing that I'm amazed by this game is with the immense level design and graphical detail is thatThis game is absolutely incredible. Naughty Dog's artistic talent has reached it's peak with this title. The graphics are stunning, with so much detail it's visual overload with very minimal, if any, pop-in objects and textures. The acting is phenomenal, voice and motion captured. The one thing that I'm amazed by this game is with the immense level design and graphical detail is that there are no obvious load times, at all. This game does not stop, literally there is no pausing to prepare for a fight. If you stop to craft health supplies or new weapons it's all during the game, which adds to the intensity and I like that. Couldn't recommend enough. Expand
  14. Dec 20, 2013
    Typical naughty dog, which to some means more a movie than a game. Those people are stupid, they balance it just right. You can actually play this game. It has a story, when it's this engaging so what? people do reviews these days like that's a bad thing. But if i want to watch a movie they say. Well go watch a movie then. We will all play this and remember it, unlike the dumb games whereTypical naughty dog, which to some means more a movie than a game. Those people are stupid, they balance it just right. You can actually play this game. It has a story, when it's this engaging so what? people do reviews these days like that's a bad thing. But if i want to watch a movie they say. Well go watch a movie then. We will all play this and remember it, unlike the dumb games where the story is and the gameplay is BANG! BANG! BANG! and all else. Yes this has banging in it, (sicko) but it's paced out well with other great moments. Expand
  15. Dec 20, 2013
    My god, that game took me on one hell of an emotional ride. Even the intro was a hard emotional hit. The cutscenes looked like real life, and the gameplay looked like really good cutscenes. I have to give Naughty Dog a huge applause for producing such a masterpiece. The gameplay was immersive, the voice acting was the best I've ever heard, the story was believable and realistic, theMy god, that game took me on one hell of an emotional ride. Even the intro was a hard emotional hit. The cutscenes looked like real life, and the gameplay looked like really good cutscenes. I have to give Naughty Dog a huge applause for producing such a masterpiece. The gameplay was immersive, the voice acting was the best I've ever heard, the story was believable and realistic, the sneaking system was good, the characters were very likable and realistic, and the enemy A.I. was simple yet effective. The only thing I can criticize here is the god-awful friendly A.I. We can all agree that the friendly A.I. sucked. When Ellie walked out right in front of an enemy and he didn't see her, I burst out laughing because that was so bad. Though I see why they made it so that the enemies don't see friendly A.I., since it's too dumb that it would walk right out in the open and expose your position. Stuff like this was quite game-breaking, and it sometimes kept me from getting "in the zone". Until the A.I. is dramatically improved, I can't give this game a 10. Expand
  16. Dec 21, 2013
    I waited until the end of the year to say this but this is definitely the greatest game of the year. A really emotional story with great gameplay, fun multiplayer and a good enough soundtrack (but check out the end credits song The Path by Gustavo Santaolalla, it's one of the greatest soundtrack songs ever)
  17. Dec 21, 2013
    This game was made for grow ups and only real grow ups can feel the entire game without questioning that this is a masterpiece. It's so immersive been Joel and Ellie, that you will worry about then as family.
  18. Dec 21, 2013
    I loved "The Last of Us" so much that I didn't want it to end, and yet, I couldn't wait to replay
    it. What a testament! It reminded me of the early "Resident Evil" and "Dead Space" games
    with their emphasis on strategy, limited resources, and palpable fear of the unknown.Despite some dumb human enemies, the art direction, pacing, story, and EMOTIONAL impact are exceptional.Truly a
    exceptional.Truly a memorable experience that resonates.
  19. Dec 22, 2013
    The Last Of Us is just the best game I ever played.The Story, is not only well written, but it makes you attach Joel and Ellie and to care about their fate in the game."The Last Of Us" delivers strong emotions that make you realize that you are a human and once with it comes hope, love and the desire for survival.
    THE LAST OF US is the reason I play Video Games...
  20. Dec 22, 2013
    I feel that this game would have been better served had it been purely designed as a point and click adventure game. The story and pacing was well executed, the actors all did an amazing job with their performances. Unfortunately the game is weighed down by generic and downright forgettable gameplay.

Much of the action felt bland and in fact really didn't add much to the overall

Much of the action felt bland and in fact really didn't add much to the overall narrative. While it's great to see more games with deeper storylines, the designers have to step up their game to be on par with the writers on the team.

In the end of the day, it's a rental as it really is light on the replayability so I can't recommend the game as a purchase unlike most people. For what it offers though it is worth a single playthrough though, you really owe it to yourself at least.
  21. Dec 23, 2013
    This game is a fantastic and incredible story. But as a game ehh not so much. The gameplay while fun sometimes gets very boring as you progress through this game and the sluggish controls don't help at all.The AI both friendly and hostile can be incredibly stupid at times and that serves to break the immersion the rest of the game does so perfectly. Over all, the graphics are THE BEST youThis game is a fantastic and incredible story. But as a game ehh not so much. The gameplay while fun sometimes gets very boring as you progress through this game and the sluggish controls don't help at all.The AI both friendly and hostile can be incredibly stupid at times and that serves to break the immersion the rest of the game does so perfectly. Over all, the graphics are THE BEST you will find on the PS3 they are just stunning, the story is one of the greatest video game stories ever with characters that are relatable and make you care for them, the soundtrack is fantastic, but the gameplay can sometimes be boring, the controls are sluggish and the AI is broken. Other than that if you own a PS3 you have no choice you must buy The Last of Us. Expand
  22. Dec 30, 2013
    We are now within the final years of the PS3, and Naughty Dog decided to make them the finest. It's like they took "Uncharted", "Resistance" and "Heavy Rain" together, and made what we call "The Last of Us". I'm no fan of horror games, so I don't know how their supposed to be in general, but to me this game was very scary. The stealth sections just intensify that fear; so much that I feelWe are now within the final years of the PS3, and Naughty Dog decided to make them the finest. It's like they took "Uncharted", "Resistance" and "Heavy Rain" together, and made what we call "The Last of Us". I'm no fan of horror games, so I don't know how their supposed to be in general, but to me this game was very scary. The stealth sections just intensify that fear; so much that I feel like going guns blazing to get over it. And while you can go gun blazing, it has its costs: you put yourself and other allies at greater risk, and you end up wasting ammo. Speaking of ammo, you really must conserve as you can't carry much, and finding ammo is rare. And when you do find it, it's not much. So use your guns as a FINAL RESORT. And no rechargeable health here either; it's back to finding medkits. And even though you can carry medkits, using them will leave you vulnerable.

Now onto the story. It is one of the greatest and most personal stories ever written. This isn't about the disease, or mankind. It's about Joel and Ellie. They are very human and you'll want to see how their relationship develops over the course of the story. Not spoiling anything, but let's just say that there are times that will make you say, "Would I have done that?"

As for online, it's quite fun. You really need teamwork. And no gun-blazing or rechargeable health either. Leave you Call of Duty attitude at the door, and you'll do well.

Games like these tell us not to abandon the PS3 yet. And if you don't have a PS3, now is the time. So what if it's 7 years old? That just means you have seven years worth of epic games in its library, and "The Last of Us" is one of them.
  23. Dec 31, 2013
    If the video game industry wants to place itself as a mainstream media like Hollywood, it should use this game (along with Ico and Shadow of the Colossus) as a benchmark. The Last of Us is an absolute masterpiece. Period. There is nothing like a game with a beautiful gameplay, outstanding characters, emotions and atmosphere, and rightfully demands a place in your heart.
  24. Dec 31, 2013
    Firstly, I am a mom in her 40's who finished playing this game recently. Although I've been a casual game player for over 25 years across various platforms, I'm pretty selective about what I play and spend my money on.

In my opinion, this has to be one of the best games ever. As a mother, I could identify with the loss of Joels daughter in the beginning (what a tense, standout opening scene!) as well as Ellie's loss of her parents and friends. I thought she was a great female character, swearing and all! Joel was also an excellent protagonist, not only dealing with the loss of his daughter but also handling the responsibility of caring for Ellie. I loved the overall story, narrative and game play. Whilst the enemies were a bit predictable, the plot was not, and I enjoyed the various twists and turns along the way.

I really liked the fact that they progressed Ellie from a girl who was barely allowed to hold a weapon at the beginning of the game to a character who ended up wielding knives, guns and a rather nasty machete to good effect at the end due to the changing circumstances and challenges of their situation.

Game play is very immersive and atmospheric working out whether to go in guns blazing or try to sneak around or even silently stalk and strangle an enemy makes every scene a mini mental challenge, especially if your ammo or health is low. Some of the scenarios in the gloomier parts of some buildings are pretty tense and definitely make for a few heart- stopping moments!

Overall, a memorable game and well worth every penny.
  25. Jan 6, 2014
    The last of us is a masterpiece and an fine example of how games can have an outstanding story, incredible gameplay, unbelievable graphics and some of the most tense combat ive ever played, to be honest its hard to find faults and yes the friendly AI can be a pain in the ass and break the immersion but Naughty Dog did that on purpose so if you want to go stealth your teammate wont give youThe last of us is a masterpiece and an fine example of how games can have an outstanding story, incredible gameplay, unbelievable graphics and some of the most tense combat ive ever played, to be honest its hard to find faults and yes the friendly AI can be a pain in the ass and break the immersion but Naughty Dog did that on purpose so if you want to go stealth your teammate wont give you away which is alot better than allowing your teammates to be spotted so that is actually a positive, and the enemy AI really makes up for as they are very clever and will really test your strategic mind. Overall the last of us is quite simply a masterpiece and while ive said this about many other games ive reviewed i only review games on this site that i think are masterpieces so im not just giving every game a 10/10 and calling it a masterpiece, but this game really is so my score: 10/10 Expand
  26. Jan 6, 2014
    10 out of 10 is not high another to tell you how perfect this game is the story is so deep you will not stop playing this games story for day's which you will need because of it's long story that hook's you from the beginning of a girl in her house looking for dad Joel the main character to the end spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler. so again the ending Spoiler Spoiler makes the game even10 out of 10 is not high another to tell you how perfect this game is the story is so deep you will not stop playing this games story for day's which you will need because of it's long story that hook's you from the beginning of a girl in her house looking for dad Joel the main character to the end spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler. so again the ending Spoiler Spoiler makes the game even thought it's not as good as Bioshock infinite and Gone home but it's the most emotional excluding (Gone Homes) ever Expand
  27. Jan 6, 2014
    If you look at it for what it is, the last of us is really just a 3rd person cover based shooter with stealth mechanics, very much like tomb raider or uncharted. But that isn't what makes it special. What makes the Last of Us special is the story, the characters, the world that is created, one you feel a part of and immersed in.

The last of us proves that functional controls and an

The last of us proves that functional controls and an amazing story are a winning formula for games.
  28. Jan 6, 2014
    Last of Us is a masterpiece, the relationship between Joel and Ellie is strong and make you really care about them, some moments i became sad and this is awesome, only few games make you feel inside of the story, soundtrack is amazing as the scenario, the cities and towns beautiful, the game in maximum difficulty is really interesting.
  29. Jan 6, 2014
    First and foremost, I apologise for this language is not my first language but I had to write my first review of a game for this particular title. I've been playing video games my entire life and this game is the most accomplished single player experience I've ever had. The gameplay is flawless, the art design is phenomenal but I'd to point out a single scene that I thought was truly aFirst and foremost, I apologise for this language is not my first language but I had to write my first review of a game for this particular title. I've been playing video games my entire life and this game is the most accomplished single player experience I've ever had. The gameplay is flawless, the art design is phenomenal but I'd to point out a single scene that I thought was truly a stroke of genius. Most of the players who have finished this game will know what I'm going to write about. It's the first time I have felt such emotion playing a video game. There is a particular scene where Joel and Ellie are just watching a beautiful scenery and I didn't want to go any further. I knew things could go bad for either of them, so I stared, alongside Joel and Ellie and just cried... And the ending is just awesome too. This is the most mature storytelling I've ever seen in video games (with the walking dead season 1). Expand
  30. Jan 8, 2014
    The Last of Us does an amazing job of immersing you in a great story, with well written characters and cleverly subtle level design. This design makes you feel empathy with the characters and feel the utter lack of hope of the world they live in.
    But this design has been very much focused on how to tell the story, with game play being built around this. Subsequently I felt at times that I was constricted in the choices I could make and directions I could go. Though I don't think there's any way to reconcile this constriction with the way you met being told the story.
    I found the hand to hand combat too basic as well, given that mashing the same button would generally work, I would have liked to have been challenged more by this.
    I enjoyed the stealth sections more than any other sneaking game I've played and liked the way weapons and 'experience' could be customised.
    Well worth playing.
  31. Jul 17, 2014
    A great game and one of the best of 2013, but a tad overrated. The Last of Us hits me with it's great story and extremely well developed and memorable characters. The gameplay is fun and it keeps you alert at all times, the visuals are stunning, the atmosphere is intense, just everything about this game is amazing. If you have a PS3 buy this game, it's worth every penny.
  32. Jan 9, 2014
    An apocalypse like NO OTHER! This game combines Dead space 2, with uncharted and makes a beautiful healthy baby game!
    With a game that will test your stealth skills and shooting skills! Play as joel, an avarage smuggler and Ellie, a teenager that makes you smile every time she talks.
    With awesome shooting mechannics and really good stealth segments, but the cover system COULD get some work... Seriously...
    A.I needs a bit of work, specially ellie's AI. But Naughty dog said that he did that on purpouse so im OK with that (She's invisible to the enemy)
    The story and some parts in it has some cliches and you can see whats going to happen.. but the characters makes up for it.
    Another thing that needs some serious work, is the Melee combat, I expected something a bit like uncharted 3, but this time they decided to go for a more, movie like approach.

Now the multiplayer, The MP is one of the most original aspects I have seen, Outside of battle you have a Minigame, where you build up your clan (Which can be filled with the names of your facebook friends, just for laughs) and complete missions as you struggle to survive 12 weeks. In order to survive you need to earn supplies from matches.

It has 3 game modes:
    *Supply Raid -Basic Team Deathmatch, but you have a limited amount of respawns.
    *Survivor: Adrenaline at its purest! No respawns, 4 rounds.
    *Interrogations: The newest addition to multiplayer, and a very original as well. Down your opponents and interrogate them to earn intel, and locate the Lockbox to win!

All of these modes needs TEAMWORK. Specially Survivor mode. So if you have a couple of friends with you, invite them. Or you may need to rely on strangers on your next match... And that might not be good...

Now i know that the multiplayer might sound perfect but.. It has alot of glitches.

*If you're discconected from PSN, and you choose "Factions" from the main menu to connect, you might get a message saying that your connections isnt strong enough (When it IS.)

*If you attack an enemy at the same time he attacks you with both a nail board you might or not die instantly... Even if you hit him first...

*Nail Bombs may NOT explode if the enemy lands on top of it.

Also, there is no Horde mode or anything (Naughty dog said that they have a hard time making the infected work on multiplayer..)

The game has one of the most beautiful soundtracks in games, with really awesome SFX.
    And the graphics is one of the best of the PS3.

This game gets an 8.5/10.

THE GOOD:
    AWESOME SHOOTING AND STEALTH MECHANICS.
    BEAUTIFUL GRAPHICS AND SOUNDTRACK
    ORIGINAL MP.

THE BAD:
    The story is filled with Cliches...
    Cover system needs some work.
    Melee combat also needs some work.
    Multiplayer has some annoying glitches...
  33. Jan 11, 2014
    This was the best experience I had playing a game. PERIOD. The story is an emotional investment that is not to disappoint. Gameplay wise, the stealth mechanics are intuitive and responsive. Not to mention a surprisingly deep multiplayer mode. All in all, best game of my gaming career. A must see for any true gamers out there.
  34. Jan 11, 2014
    The whole game was amazing(especially the beginning)! Everything in this game was so well-organised and so good.The story was very good.The characters were also very good(Ellie was amazing).The graphics were very good and very real.Excellent atmosphere for this type of game.The environment was also very good and very real.The game has the perfect gameplay to be called a survival game and IThe whole game was amazing(especially the beginning)! Everything in this game was so well-organised and so good.The story was very good.The characters were also very good(Ellie was amazing).The graphics were very good and very real.Excellent atmosphere for this type of game.The environment was also very good and very real.The game has the perfect gameplay to be called a survival game and I like it very much.You explore the world to find ammo and components and you combine the components to create useful tools(melee weapons,explosives,...).The music was also very good.With less words, the campaign is excellent.I haven't played competitive yet because I borrowed the game from a friend of mine but It seems to be very good and very special.Of course I recommend everyone that hasn't played this game to buy it.This game is in my top 4 favourite games of all time!I hope that Naughty Dog will come up with a second The Last Of Us game some time. Expand
  35. Jan 12, 2014
    This is a very violent, dark, yet beautiful adventure brought in a very masterful way that few gaming companies (and writers) do. It´s not like Uncharted at all, where the action is in your face every five seconds: this game keeps a slow pace, and it kept my attention all the way through. I don´t think I felt so engaged to a pair of characters so much since Bioshock Infinite. Naughty DogThis is a very violent, dark, yet beautiful adventure brought in a very masterful way that few gaming companies (and writers) do. It´s not like Uncharted at all, where the action is in your face every five seconds: this game keeps a slow pace, and it kept my attention all the way through. I don´t think I felt so engaged to a pair of characters so much since Bioshock Infinite. Naughty Dog made a fantastic work into Joel and Ellie, and I absolutely loved Ellie´s development as, both a survivor and a badass female protagonist, a very brave teenager living in a cruel and rough world with Hunters and Bloaters on the way. Gameplay was ferocious, violent and intense, with lots of unique survivor horror elements, and I liked how Joel´s anger when he fights, combined with the context in the combat sections as well knowing the enemy, really made me hate the Hunters and Fireflies standing in my way, thus proving a very intense (and dramatic) gameplay experience. Now, it´s not without its faults: friendly A.I. was sometimes sloppy, and it had some glitches, like when an enemy was stuck in a chair or table after I strangled him, it would move in a very creepy way. But in the end, this was an emotional experience, with a very shocking ending, and I would definitely replay it again. Game of the Generation? That can be discussed a lot, but I could see this game go to a lot of people´s top Game of the Year list, and hearts. Expand
  36. Jan 16, 2014
    The last of us is a game which has been surrounded by a lot of hype and during the first few hours of gameplay you would be forgiven for being a little disappointed. The level design is linear and claustrophobic, the controls are cumbersome and the puzzles are simplistic to say the least.
    The limited ammunition theme (though it feels artificial most of the time - e.g. happening to always keep you around 7 or 8 pistol rounds whether you use them or not) as well as the crafting mechanic serve to up the tension though. Unfortunately, this tension is relieved somewhat when one of your companions bumps into an enemy and they don't react. It seems that only the player is visible when sneaking in the last of us and that's a cop out that really hurts this game.

You'll spend as much time hiding as shooting as you evade the decent enemy AI which will seek to flank you when given the opportunity. That being said, the tiny environments limit the AI's tactics as much as they limit the player. Though they get slightly bigger as the game progresses, they never feel open and the game can feel like it's on rails. Even on hard difficulty the game gives you hints of what to do next every 30 seconds and the "listen" mechanic means that enemies will be unable to sneak up on you or hide. There are no choices to be made except whether to shoot or sneak behind obstacles which are haphazardly placed like those at a paintball event. It's pretty obvious when an enemy encounter is imminent as coherent level design gives way to random crates for you to hide behind.

There are other annoyances too - sometimes your torch won't be pointing the same was as the light coming from it would suggest and "infected" will drop ammunition even though they have been zombies for "years" as one of the main characters comments.

Stick with this game, however, and you will be rewarded - the story is what really makes this game great . I won't spoil the surprise by telling you too much but the relationship between the two main characters and how that relationship develops is captivating. The environments are pretty enough by PS3 standards but you won't be waxing lyrical about them if you are used to PC visuals. As mentioned earlier, the crafting mechanic adds a lot to the game and the limited availability of ammunition and weapons makes finding either feel like Christmas each and every time. It's just a shame that enemies don't drop ammo relevant to the weapon they are using. It's little things like that which break the immersion in the game.

Overall the last of us is a good effort. It takes some decent if "safe" gameplay, tarts it up with a few interesting little elements and then smothers it in a great story. People say this is more of an interactive film than a game and I can see their point. You come back to it in the same way you come back to an episode of your favourite TV series - curious to find out what happens next. Ultimately though, however good the story is, it can't disguise the linear, by the numbers gameplay and that simply isn't good enough in this day and age of open worlds and decisions which have consequences.

It's a solid 8 and everyone should play it but ratings of 10 out of 10 are just silly.
  37. Jan 16, 2014
    This game is great. It's enjoyable, has a fantastic storyline, and is packed full of emotion and grit.
    The ingame relationship between Joel and Ellie is well made, and shows how they fight for survival against the frightning zombies.While the game does offer some new groundbreaking features, it can get a little bit repetitive.
    The enemies are really well made. Everything from the

The enemies are really well made. Everything from the bandits to the zombies look and feel real. During the Clicker scenes, you can't help feeling scared while you're crawling along the floor with clicking in your ear. The game is very emotional, and all the cutscenes are amazing.

But this game does have some cons. As mentioned by some people, enemies do not react to your team mates (Ellie for example). Especially with Bill, he runs like a bloody elephant, and nothing detects him. But if you screw up one tiny bit, the Clickers'll get you. Also, the shooting mechanics are a bit frustrating. To veteran PS3 players, it's a walk in the park, but me (who is new to consoles), it is difficult aiming a pistol.

(Kudos to the people who designed, animated and created the Clickers. Those are some funky as enemies, and one of the greatest zombie types of all time.)

Regarding crafting, what can I say? You scavenge parts and use them to craft items, upgrade your weapons and make Joel be able to shoot faster etc. There is a lot of loot lying around, and you can't be too picky in this time of apocalypse...

All I can say is, get this game. It is an emotional rollercoaster!
  38. Jan 18, 2014
    By far the game of the year, and maybe the best game of all time. The best graphics I've ever seen, great gameplay, a terrific story and characters, and a surprisingly good multiplayer makes this game a incredible farewell to the PS3. Anybody who writes a negative review is probably a Xbox fanboy.
  39. Jan 19, 2014
    This game is one of the best games I've ever experienced. Beautiful graphics, a clear and an amazing story that won't get played confused about the plot. The voice acting is incredible. The story is so heartbreaking in some of the scenes. As in Tess. And the way Ellie bonds with Joel. I can't imagine anyone giving this a negative rating. ood job, Naughty-Dog.
  40. Jan 19, 2014
    Never have I completed an interactive experience such as this one. An incredibly beautifully created game with intense, solid, brutal gameplay, and a narrative that grips and keeps moving you along in a way that I've never had before. Fantastic acting and dynamic interactions. The character movement may feel a bit clunky compared to other current titles, but it's a small thing toNever have I completed an interactive experience such as this one. An incredibly beautifully created game with intense, solid, brutal gameplay, and a narrative that grips and keeps moving you along in a way that I've never had before. Fantastic acting and dynamic interactions. The character movement may feel a bit clunky compared to other current titles, but it's a small thing to overlook when considering the overall masterpiece that this gem really is. A greatly satisfying and thought-provoking journey. Expand
  41. Jan 19, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This is one of the greatest games I've ever played on my life, the story is great, the voice acting is some of the best, if not the best ever, the gameplay is dynamic, and different than most games, and the zombies are different than any other type of other zombies, the ending isn't a clichéd ending that a Hollywood blockbusters have, and the multiplayer is actually a lot of fun.
    This is a perfect game.
  42. Jan 20, 2014
    I've been a gamer for over two decades now (ever since the original Nintendo), and I can firmly and confidently say that this is THE best game I've ever played.

This game without a doubt deserves 5/5. I feel that anyone that gives it less didn't get what it was trying to do. This isn't a standard video game. It's primary purpose is to tell you a story. An interactive story, where you actually feel like you're there with the characters, experiencing everything with them as they experience it. It's something books and movies can't quite pull off, and is video game specific. Even among games, it's extremely rare that a truly successful and well-done interactive narrative can be pulled off so successfully. Everything really matters.

The only downside I can think of is that there is a ton of swearing, and a pretty decent amount of violence, so this game isn't for the little ones below 10 years. Also, the AI does odd stuff occasionally. But virtually everything else is virtually flawless, breath-taking, heart-breaking, and intense. The writing, art & environments, acting, and music are all above top-notch. It will keep you on the edge of your seat, whether it be due to wondering what's lurking around the corner, or to hear what interesting tid-bit your in-game companions will say next.

This game is for anyone and everyone that appreciates a good story. If you've ever enjoyed a fictional book, movie, or video game, in your entire life, you owe yourself this experience. Do what you have to do, to become the last of us. You won't regret it.

P.S. You should really read the very short prequel comics first (before playing the game), written by the head writer of the game. They're official storyline, and really do add a lot of little neat things and details to the game that you wouldn't appreciate or would miss otherwise.
  43. Jan 20, 2014
    GOOD THINGS:
    PLOT: I thought it very cliché, similar to I am the Legend and War of the Worlds, but the characters are very charismatics, and the narrative goes very well.
    GAMEPLAY: Very fun, either Stealth or TPS, both are perfect, making improvised weapons are cool, finding medicine and pieces to Level Up are very good made.
    Soundtrack: very sad, and absent in the most time.
  44. Jan 22, 2014
    The Last Of Us:
    +Best Storyline+
    +Best Characters+
    +Amazing Graphics+
    +Great Voice Acting+
    +Nice Sound Effects+

The Last Of Us is absolutely one of the best games ever.
  45. Jan 23, 2014
    Well although there were lots of 10/10s,but the combat system compared to the one they showed before they released the game(I know the release will be different from before...)was so much more realistic,even though i never do get bored of the combat,but it's variety is not really that good and multiplayer is screwed by CoD and BF4,it took me 10 minutes just to find a group of people,andWell although there were lots of 10/10s,but the combat system compared to the one they showed before they released the game(I know the release will be different from before...)was so much more realistic,even though i never do get bored of the combat,but it's variety is not really that good and multiplayer is screwed by CoD and BF4,it took me 10 minutes just to find a group of people,and people wanted zombie mode but naughty dog said that it can't work because that the zombies would mess up some stuff.The new customization items,this is how i see it:you pay for a dlc so that you can pay more money for a dlc within a dlc,wow(eventhough I had the online pass code.) Expand
  46. Jan 30, 2014
    I had very big expectations for this Naughty Dog project... AND I LOVED IT! This is without any doubt, one of the best games i've ever played!! The Single-Player campain is awesome and the story is amazing!! The graphics are beautiful! The Gameplay is great! And the multiplayer is pretty good, but not better than Uncharted though! And now After beating it i can easily say that this is theI had very big expectations for this Naughty Dog project... AND I LOVED IT! This is without any doubt, one of the best games i've ever played!! The Single-Player campain is awesome and the story is amazing!! The graphics are beautiful! The Gameplay is great! And the multiplayer is pretty good, but not better than Uncharted though! And now After beating it i can easily say that this is the game with the best story i've ever played!! I think every ps3 owner should buy this game before upgarding to ps4! Thank you Naughty Dog! Expand
  47. Jan 24, 2014
    A beautiful looking game on every console. This was a very fun game that i enjoyed very much, It was pretty hard and challenging at some spots in the game, but keeps you gripping your seat because you can get super scared. the zombies in the game seemed mostly realistic the names were funny two for the zombies (The Clickers) lol for example. overall a great game and definitely worth getting.
  48. Jan 24, 2014
    journeyfreak787
    Jun 14, 2013
    This game truly is phenomenal. Naughty Dog proves yet again why they are the kings of the PS3, and arguably gaming in general. The Last of Us gets everything right. The environments, the atmosphere, the gameplay, the storyline, the characters, the graphics. Everything. I really can't say enough how amazing this game truly ended up being.
  49. Jan 26, 2014
    It is epic story and all, I was really excited playing it for the 1st time. But now even after several months I finished it I realize that I don't want to play it again, as its just pretty straight forward one-shoot game. The world is big but it split on small levels and it is just a decoration.
    I would say the ending also a bit disappointing.
  50. Jan 27, 2014
    It held a place in my heart. Naughty dog brought us what everyone wanted. Definitely revolutionized the voice acting aspect in games. Hands down, best game on the ps3, a must buy. Not to mention addictive multiplayer as well.
  51. Jan 30, 2014
    Naughty Dog proved itself again as the best game studio. Its production, the Last of Us inherits the studio's specialties: solid gameplay, satisfying platformer, interesting dialogues and most importantly, amazing characters. The protagonists, Joel and Ellie, are easily among the best written characters in all video games and you will, after playing this game, feel attached with them andNaughty Dog proved itself again as the best game studio. Its production, the Last of Us inherits the studio's specialties: solid gameplay, satisfying platformer, interesting dialogues and most importantly, amazing characters. The protagonists, Joel and Ellie, are easily among the best written characters in all video games and you will, after playing this game, feel attached with them and genuinely care about them. I don't know if it is possible to not like Joel and Ellie but I am in love with them.
    Set in the post-apocalyptic US, Joel and Ellie must journey across the country in search of a group. In this world an unknown pandemic has ravaged mankind, transforming infected into half-human-half-fungus undead. What sets the Last of Us different from all other zombie games is that the infected here are also blind and therefore by moving quietly it is possible to avoid conflict at all. Ammo and healing supplies are limited (there is no stomping corpses to reveal supplies here), so stealth is always the better option. When combat is the only way to go, the Last of Us becomes a solid third person shooter almost identical to the Uncharted series.
    The world in the Last of Us is vibrant and believable. As is all post-apocalyptic worlds, the world goes into chaos and survival is dependent on oneself: only the fittest survives. There is no hero or antagonist in the Last of Us; only survivors. In fact, Joel is so ruthless against other survivors standing in his way that you might feel that he is, in a sense, the villain.
    However no game is perfect--not even the Last of Us. Supplies for tools feel a little bit too plentiful. For example nail bombs should have been valuable weapons that are only used in the most desperate times, but they are in fact so common in the world that I found my backpack too full to carry yet even more of them. In the same sense weapons are also too powerful for a game like this: your arsenal isn't limited at all; you will get a freaking flame thrower half way into the story. Also the ending is somewhat disappointing; I won't spoil anything for you, but I was disappointed.
    BUT--- with this ending it is possible for them to make a sequel. :DD As the Last of Us is so successful this is very likely to be the case--I cannot wait to see more of Joel and Ellie's journey.
  52. Jan 30, 2014
    Just a great game. I loved the story, the characters and the gameplay. I even like the multiplayer. It's my personal pick for GOTY and my favorite game. If you have a PS3, I seriously recommend the game.
  53. Feb 4, 2014
    {Minor Spoilers} As simply as I can put it, The Last of Us is an accomplishment. This is the game to beat in the coming years and the first game I've played that masterfully melds gameplay with narrative in a way that seems effortless done by the masterful team at Naughtydog. This is a game about the best and worst of people that is heightened by the intensity and great use of tension in a{Minor Spoilers} As simply as I can put it, The Last of Us is an accomplishment. This is the game to beat in the coming years and the first game I've played that masterfully melds gameplay with narrative in a way that seems effortless done by the masterful team at Naughtydog. This is a game about the best and worst of people that is heightened by the intensity and great use of tension in a post apocalyptic setting. You play as the character of Joel; a person that has been affected very personally by the fungal outbreak and has few morale lines left to cross after surviving for twenty years after everything changed. He lives in a quarantine zone within what's left of Boston and is controlled by the military under martial law. He survives through smuggling things in and out of the city and is eventually tasked by a rebel group he has ties with to smuggle a teenage girl named Ellie to a checkpoint which eventually turns into a journey across the country. The character of Joel is more complex than many protagonists and isn't necessarily meant to be the "good guy". He's a person with a past and his own set of morals which makes him very believable. While Joel had a life before the outbreak, Ellie was born into this world and didn't know life outside of the quarantine zone before Joel reluctantly took the job that defines the game. You see the contrast between Joel and Ellie very early on. Ellie doesn't have anything to miss before the outbreak and often asks Joel about things in the environment that served a purpose before the infection spread. Joel will often describe things very vaguely early on almost like he doesn't want to get to close and form a relationship he fears he'll lose. The whole game has moments like these that can be dissected and more eloquently described but I just wanted to put my voice out there for how much I love this game and figured people who haven't played yet might be reminded by all the hype surrounding the next DLC so hopefully this helped someone. Expand
  54. Feb 5, 2014
    This game truly deserves the game of the year citation. It has a mix of action, suspense and drama that only a few game developers can provide. Naughty Dog has achieved video game greatness unlike any other so far.

I haven't finished the game to be honest, but I love what I am encountering so far. And I just started the Fall chapter, which from feed back seems like things are about to stir up even more.
  55. Feb 5, 2014
    The Last of Us is the gateway to a whole new era of storytelling and interactive experience. Naughtydog has managed to justify almost all of this game's gritty and intense mechanics through story-telling and the emotional impact of taking a life in order to survive. It doesn't hurt that the actors were all perfectly cast and portrayed. Honestly, much better than most of the movieThe Last of Us is the gateway to a whole new era of storytelling and interactive experience. Naughtydog has managed to justify almost all of this game's gritty and intense mechanics through story-telling and the emotional impact of taking a life in order to survive. It doesn't hurt that the actors were all perfectly cast and portrayed. Honestly, much better than most of the movie performances I have seen all year. The Last of Us excels beyond a game and into an experience. I really hope non-gamers can learn to appreciate the impact a perfectly executed game can have and how important it is as a new medium. The Naughtydog studio is visionary and will forever leave me craving more of their style: flawless and impact-full storytelling, some of the best actors and talent in the business, stunning and engrossing graphics, and emotions and thoughts that will last long after you play the game.

Oh yeah, and the multiplayer experience: Ridiculously amazing. Nothing is better than out-trapping and out-smarting your opponents. It is such a perfectly balanced experience (with the exception of the OP flamethrower) that you can easily pick it up and find immediate enjoyment. Playing in groups of four is an absolute blast and coordinating tactics with your friends to annihilate the opposing faction is beyond rewarding. It's good enough that Naughtydog gave us one of the most emotionally rewarding and mind-blowing single player campaigns available, but the fact that I can keep coming back to the multiplayer experience to nail-board bash my way to success is much appreciated.

An amazing game. The best game. They better be working on The Laster Of Us because I have never been so satisfied and yet craving of more. If anyone can successfully pull-off a sequel and continue improving a series it's Naughtydog. Considering they made as near of a perfect game as they could... it's interesting to see where they will go to continue to push the gaming industry.

If you have a PS3 and haven't bought this game: you have a serious problem.
    If you have an XBOX 360, you need to sell your system, buy a PS3, and buy this game.
  56. Feb 6, 2014
    PlayStation 3 isn’t only well-known for its number of exclusive games, but for the sheer number of quality exclusives. That’s what makes The Last of Us even more impressive, because not only does it join the ranks of Uncharted, Killzone, God of War, Infamous and more, but it bests them all. In short, Naughty Dog has crafted a game that impresses in virtually every way. The Last of Us is aPlayStation 3 isn’t only well-known for its number of exclusive games, but for the sheer number of quality exclusives. That’s what makes The Last of Us even more impressive, because not only does it join the ranks of Uncharted, Killzone, God of War, Infamous and more, but it bests them all. In short, Naughty Dog has crafted a game that impresses in virtually every way. The Last of Us is a true feat.

Its unrivaled presentation in particular sets the bar even higher than the Uncharted trilogy already did, and its writing, voice acting and layered gameplay combine to create what is very easily the game to beat for Game of the Year 2013.
  57. Feb 8, 2014
    One of the best storylines of any game I've played (ever), phenomenal graphics, above-average gameplay (good hints, no frustrating levels) and long playtime
  58. Feb 8, 2014
    All that can be said of how good the game is too obvious to be told, I just want to give a bow to naughty dog for being such a great company capable of such evolving from crash bandicoot to the last of us.
  59. Feb 11, 2014
    I can't really get enough of this game. I just can't see why people hate this game so much, this is probably the best game I have played in my life so far, it has changed my life and the way I see the world. Most people that play GTAV (for those that prefer GTAV) haven't really grasped the concept of TLOU's story, they haven't grasped the feelings, the hate, the love, and the loyalty thatI can't really get enough of this game. I just can't see why people hate this game so much, this is probably the best game I have played in my life so far, it has changed my life and the way I see the world. Most people that play GTAV (for those that prefer GTAV) haven't really grasped the concept of TLOU's story, they haven't grasped the feelings, the hate, the love, and the loyalty that stands between Ellie and Joel. This is a remarkable game, and if you don't have a PS3, I highly recommend that you get this game. This isn't a game where you can roam around and do whatever you want, this is story, and the story is heartbreaking and it keeps you on your couch. Ellie and Joel are really great dynamic protagonists that go through a lot of pain and fear to travel across America. When you play the game, you will see that the relationship between Ellie and Joel we'll start building up to a point where they can trust each other and care for each other. It warms my heart and it's understandable that you have to cooperate with others to survive in a post-apocalyptic world.

The Last of Us has left a scar on me, that scar will never be forgotten, because it will remind me of that one game in 2013 that changed my life. I really do recommend this game for players that have never even heard of it or have never played it. It's truly a masterpiece, it may not be GOTY for some people, but it's a masterpiece.

Ellie is by far my favorite character that has impacted my experiences in gaming so far, probably the best female character I know so far. She's just a little 14 year old girl that's born in a QZ for 14 years, eventually she is taken out across the country by a man who has been through a lot of rough times, Joel. Ellie isn't familiar with the outside world and it's lovely to see her talk about things she doesn't know about. You get to learn about her more when you progress through the single-player.

Get the game, it's a masterpiece, even I will never forget it. Never... 10/10
  60. Feb 13, 2014
    The Last Of Us is one of the best games I've ever played. The combat is brutal in fact VERY BRUTAL. 15mins into the game had me crying and that's a hard thing to do. The story is very good. It has 1 boss battle but its a creative one and a little tip in that boss fight throw a bottle or whatever at the third knife try then run up and knife that him like an animal. The few glitches I foundThe Last Of Us is one of the best games I've ever played. The combat is brutal in fact VERY BRUTAL. 15mins into the game had me crying and that's a hard thing to do. The story is very good. It has 1 boss battle but its a creative one and a little tip in that boss fight throw a bottle or whatever at the third knife try then run up and knife that him like an animal. The few glitches I found are small and don't effect the gameplay much or at all. Crafting is easy very easy and needed unless you want to die.... a lot..... The soundtrack is legendary and I'm listening to it now as I type this. They eve added small and unnecessary details that are great like you making a laptop fall or blowing off limbs. Aiming is hard but it adds to the tension and there is a lock on assist in the options. The difficulty is very hard even on easy. Each character is remember able. This game is action and adventure combined with survival horror its a genre really. Game of the year here game of the year. Expand
  61. Feb 13, 2014
    The Last of Us is an achievement in gaming, not just in 2013, but all time. It is also a perfect way to bookend this generation of gaming. The Last of Us has one of the most engaging story I have ever experienced in a game. Not because its really original, but because how well executed it is. From the voice acting, motion capture, score, to the beautiful graphics, it all pulls you in rightThe Last of Us is an achievement in gaming, not just in 2013, but all time. It is also a perfect way to bookend this generation of gaming. The Last of Us has one of the most engaging story I have ever experienced in a game. Not because its really original, but because how well executed it is. From the voice acting, motion capture, score, to the beautiful graphics, it all pulls you in right from the first shot. Game-play-wise it is a strategic stealth/action game that has some of the most brutal action I've seen in any form of entertainment. If you own a PS3 you need to play The Last of Us. You owe it to yourself to play the PS3's crowning jewel! Expand
  62. Feb 14, 2014
    The game is the best I've played so far, but if I had to criticize anything it would be the length. It's quite short. I finished it in 20 hours. Make the count... Nevertheless one feels the emotion of this story in every step.
  63. Feb 22, 2014
    The story for this game is amazing, emotional, breathtaking, and intense throughout. Once I started playing I couldn't stop. The graphics and gameplay is great. The game is about 12 hours long and the replay value in my opinion is pretty low. However, I'm still giving it a 10 just because the story was so awesome.
  64. Feb 24, 2014
    The last of us is one of the greatest game ever made. The story is just something amazing and touching. The end is cliffhanger in my opinion and i wish that there is going to be The last of us 2.
  65. Feb 25, 2014
    play this just play this nothing more great story great graphics great gameplay this game is a masterpeace nothing is bad just play it and you wil get it.
  66. Feb 25, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. One of the best games of 2013 and probably one of the best games I ever played. Incredible plot, amazing characters, dark world and amazing atmosphere never let you start feeling bored. By the way, I cried in the end) Expand
  67. Ape
    Feb 26, 2014
    Great game - great story - great everything. If you like the Uncharted series but want a little more gore or realism from the game then this is for you. Just watch out for the clickers...
  68. Feb 28, 2014
    I am giving The Last of Us a 10 out of 10 because A: It deserves it, and B: in order to try to balance the overall user score against the idiots giving it a 1 or 2 just to be **** If anyone has issues with the game it is understandable (everyone has opinions after all), but none of the negative comments I read warranted anything less than a 6! "This game is great, buy it is full ofI am giving The Last of Us a 10 out of 10 because A: It deserves it, and B: in order to try to balance the overall user score against the idiots giving it a 1 or 2 just to be **** If anyone has issues with the game it is understandable (everyone has opinions after all), but none of the negative comments I read warranted anything less than a 6! "This game is great, buy it is full of cliches... 1.0" or "This game has amazing graphics and enjoyable characters but the shooting is hard.... 2.0" I mean come on. If your review is objective and you dislike certain parts of a game, the objectiveness of the review should cause you to give credit where credit is due.

If you like third person action stealth game play with solid mechanics. you will love this game.
    If you like post apocalyptic settings with dynamic level design, you will love this game.
    If you desire well fleshed out characters and top notch voice acting, you will love this game.
  69. Feb 28, 2014
    This is an Epic survival zombie game with a great story that takes place in a post-apocalyptic world with nice detailed scenery. The stealthing is smooth and gun (or bow!) -slinging feels proper. I really like that there is a natural dialogue between the characters as you play through the game. It has a good gameplay design, but one thing I didn't like about it is that you upgrade yourThis is an Epic survival zombie game with a great story that takes place in a post-apocalyptic world with nice detailed scenery. The stealthing is smooth and gun (or bow!) -slinging feels proper. I really like that there is a natural dialogue between the characters as you play through the game. It has a good gameplay design, but one thing I didn't like about it is that you upgrade your weapons. I have grown a bit tired of all the unlocks and leveling up in games these days, but its a minor detail here. Playing this title is an experience and it is one of my favourite games of ALL times! Expand
  70. Mar 2, 2014
    I work on a 10, 5, 0 score. 10 = Id buy for ps3, 5 = Probably wouldnt buy. 0 = Would not buy. This game is a must have if you are a ps3 fan. It is one of the better exclusives for the system.
  71. Mar 3, 2014
    Esse jogo foi um dos melhores que já joguei na minha vida, adorei a historia, adorei os personagens, e também a vida de cada um deles, e nunca vou esquecer desse jogo fantástico que é o The Last of Us.
  72. Mar 4, 2014
    Wonderful storyline that makes you want to go on and finish the game. I expected much more from the gameplay and the A.I. Not a great action game, neither a great stealth game, but overall a must have!
  73. Mar 5, 2014
    a masterpiece nothing else !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  74. Mar 5, 2014
    Finished the game a few months ago and let it simmer for a bit. Before I dig in, I will let you know I am a 41 year old guy that has been a hardcore gamer for most of my life. I have played and enjoyed everything from your Marios, Demon's Souls and Civilizations to your Forzas, Maddens, and Call of Duties. If you can dig that, then dig this- this is a game that does nothing more thanFinished the game a few months ago and let it simmer for a bit. Before I dig in, I will let you know I am a 41 year old guy that has been a hardcore gamer for most of my life. I have played and enjoyed everything from your Marios, Demon's Souls and Civilizations to your Forzas, Maddens, and Call of Duties. If you can dig that, then dig this- this is a game that does nothing more than take all of this console generation's staple mechanics, systems, and story developing elements and put them together in a highly polished, fantastic looking game. 3 to 5 years ago I would've given this a 9.5. But in 2014 it is completely generic in almost every respect. It does have some emotional depth to it, but nothing you haven't seen in 1,500 better movies. There was a point in the first few hours I thought I was going to have to quit out of sheer boredom. And when it did pick up, all the "no, man, it's not Uncharted... the gameplay is better and the story is PHENOMENAL! It's not just a long cutscene. You'll see, man. Trust me." statements I kept hearing never panned out. The boredom never really went away... the story never really panned out like I was expecting. The AI was terrible. I tried to immerse myself, but then I'd witness Ellie running in place into a clicker who would then come after me for not sneaking slow enough 30 feet away. Even though it is their best, I believe Naughty Dog has already gotten too many free passes. And the gaming crowd has disappointed me with what we'll give 10s to and with the acceptance of faults that should be fixed by now. All that said, It is a pretty good game. It would've been great 5 years ago, but not in 2014. My real rating is 7.5, but I round up. Expand
  75. Mar 8, 2014
    Put simply, this game - for what it tries to accomplish - is perfect but for one mechanic: the team (and occasionally enemy) AI. These things, however, do not affect gameplay per se, but they do affect your suspense of disbelief, which in a game that tries to redefine "immersive", is a huge deal. So let's go through that first:

When you play as Joel - especially in stealth cases -

When you play as Joel - especially in stealth cases - Ellie has the propensity to run around in rooms full of enemies, or engage in combat when you clearly just want to hide. Sometimes, in cases where you do EVERYTHING to be as quiet as you can, instead of whispering she speaks up loudly. Fortunately, ND knew this and thus her "actions" do not affect gameplay: enemies will not "see" her if she runs around when you are hidden, clickers won't hear her loud speaking when you clearly want to be quiet. In other words, she's simply not there as far as the enemies are concerned. The same goes for enemy AI in sneak mode, Joel can sneak up to an enemy, choke him out with him making struggling noises, and another enemy that stands just a couple feet away does not hear what's happening.

So, these "AI in sneak mode" issues clearly do not affect gameplay, but they DO affect your suspense of disbelief. All games do this, no developer has with 100% success come around certain issues with gameplay where everything "makes sense". However, it is an elevated issue in TLoU because of its ambitions to be THE definitive immersive gaming experience.

And honestly, it really, really, really does ace it in that department, save for the aforementioned AI issues. The fighting/shooting mechanics work great, the stealth portions are done well, the level design is amazing, environments are highly diverse and ND really went out to make this a survival game, NOT an action game: Every single bullet, every single arrow and every single brick you find is literally essensiall for your survival. This game brings back mechanics that have long been gone in survival games: scarcity of resources. Not since the original Resident Evil trilogy have games put a snare around the players regarding the resources. And it's never done in a cheap manner either; if you don't have enough bullets there are always other options for you to get through the hurdles.

The story is actually fairly standard in broad terms but very unique when you look closer. The post-apocalyptic atmosphere is excecuted perfectly, the sense of time elapsing as the pair traveling across the US on their pilgrimage for worldly salvation accurately feels agonizing, long, exhausting and diverse. The sound is amazing, from the small sounds of wind and rivers, to the distant screams of the runners, to the sporradic comments that the characters make throughout. Everything feels alive and is a true feat in the immersive department, no other game as far as I am conscerned nails "believable environment" as good as TLoU. It's more like watching a movie than playing a game (not the MGS4 type but the good type). The best feature in the sound department is definitely the music - which is excecuted perfectly (especially in the end scene) and... the voice actors. As far as the character go, they are the definitive cream of the crop; the characters are the single entity of this game that make it as great as it is.

Ellie and Joel are real. They act as one would think a mourning father that has seen loved ones die for decades would act, or how a 14 year old that grew up in a world of decay and sorrow would act, and their progressive development is so evident and so compelling. You FEEL for Joel and Ellie, you WANT them to do well, it's not YOU playing the game and 2 passive shell-puppets on the screen that you live vicariously through, this game IS about Ellie the 14 year old girl, and Joel the southern lone ranger that's taking care of Ellie. This game has as much character development as the best of TV series, or movies, or books. Granted, that statement might sound somewhat hyperbolic, but if you don't believe me, play the game and see for yourself.

In closing, Ill just say TLoU is an amazing piece of video game art. Ive played video games for 2 decades and as an avid video gamer I am proud of what ND have achieved here, for my favorite entertainment medium. People have to take into account where gaming as entertainment stands in todays society, and how it compares to mediums like movies/books, to understand the sheer impact of this game, and to how important this game might've proven to be in the future. TLoU broke boundaries and reached audiences that are unprecedented in video gaming. This game will be remembered as a staple in gaming history, and hopefully will lead the gaming medium into the field of being taken as seriously as the most serious of movies, or books. With games like TLoU and Uncharted, ND are definitely carrying the torch for the sake of the entire gaming community, and as far as Im concerned, they are our true leaders.
  76. Mar 14, 2014
    I did write a review for this game but i wanna go back and rate certain categories.
    Story-10/10 Graphics-10/10 Controls- 9/10 Ease to Learn- 7
    Music- 8/10 Length- 10/10 Replay ability 4/10 Overall- 9.2/10
  77. Mar 12, 2014
    Please note that I barely played the multiplayer and am rating this on the story mode. I know this review is late, but I would like to say that this game is phenomenal and is an amazing experience. Throughout the game, you find yourself being overprotective of the teenage female protagonist, Ellie, and not worrying about your safety as much as hers. I really felt like her dad as I kept aPlease note that I barely played the multiplayer and am rating this on the story mode. I know this review is late, but I would like to say that this game is phenomenal and is an amazing experience. Throughout the game, you find yourself being overprotective of the teenage female protagonist, Ellie, and not worrying about your safety as much as hers. I really felt like her dad as I kept a gun out every time she went alone to open a door or pull a lever. Naughty dog has definitely done their job on creating and atmosphere that you fear every door and corner you pass. This is definitely one of the top ten best games ever made. I completely recommend this game to ANYONE. I really feel like I know Joel and Ellie on a personal level, after playing this game. If you haven't played this game, you should be ashamed. GO OUT AND BUY IT KNOW! Expand
  78. Mar 14, 2014
    Uma história brilhante com personagens carismáticos e um multiplayer divertido, sem duvidas uma compra garantida para todos os gamers, merecia ser o jogo do ano.
  79. Mar 16, 2014
    Naughty Dog have hit a home run with this one. So glad that Neil Druckmann and his team are taking over the Uncharted series, as if they produce anything close to the utterly outstanding gaming-experience which the 'The Last of Us' provided then then I'll be buying Uncharted 4 on release day...10/10.
  80. Mar 18, 2014
    I can sum up this game in one word but unfortunately I have to use 150 characters, so I'm going to blabber on, the graphics for previous generation are formidable, I mean truly formidable, until I purchased next gen this game is kinda in between previous and next gen it looks, feels and plays like it's too good for the previous generation, the story is that of a blockbuster film, you findI can sum up this game in one word but unfortunately I have to use 150 characters, so I'm going to blabber on, the graphics for previous generation are formidable, I mean truly formidable, until I purchased next gen this game is kinda in between previous and next gen it looks, feels and plays like it's too good for the previous generation, the story is that of a blockbuster film, you find yourself getting quite attached to the characters, certainly leaves you gasping at certain cutscenes, probably the 4th best game I've ever played behind Max Payne 3, MW1, and Def Jam Fight for NY oh by the way my one word was... WOW Expand
  81. Mar 18, 2014
    Me, being a gamer try to find the bad and the good in games, the good was that the voice acting felt like I was In a movie theater it felt real. Another great thing about this game is that the cut scenes are outstanding! I also enjoyed the emotional roller coaster, and how they unveil each others past in the game.
    The bad, well the multiplayer, if you hated uncharted 3s multiplayer, well
    The bad, well the multiplayer, if you hated uncharted 3s multiplayer, well that sucks cause this is worse, the last of us and uncharted should stay single player. That's really the only problem I had with the game, a must have for a ps3 owner!
  82. Mar 19, 2014
    jogo perfeito
    otimos graficos
    jogo desafiador
    otimos personagens que prendem vc ao jogo e se adequam um ao outro,num mundo caotico o jogo mostra o lado humano dos personangens
  83. Mar 23, 2014
    Great game with great story. The presentation is exceptional but where i found the game a little weak is on the gameplay level. I hate cheap "one-shot-kill" and even if i found the game really fascinating, I didn't had as much fun to actually play it that i though I would. One last thing : I hate clickers !
  84. Mar 23, 2014
    Arguably the greatest game of this generation; The Last Of Us is the culmination of Naughty Dog's very successful journey on the PS3. TLOU is truly a masterpiece of character-driven narrative, stunningly well realized world-building, profoundly believable characters, magnificent OST and voice acting, award-winning dialogue and intelligent systemic game design along with some of the best,Arguably the greatest game of this generation; The Last Of Us is the culmination of Naughty Dog's very successful journey on the PS3. TLOU is truly a masterpiece of character-driven narrative, stunningly well realized world-building, profoundly believable characters, magnificent OST and voice acting, award-winning dialogue and intelligent systemic game design along with some of the best, well acted cinematics you'll find in this medium. The characters in The Last Of Us (especially Joel and Ellie, not limited to however) are complex, deep, believable, and memorable. As the player you'll find yourself truly caring about them and their journey which is something a lot of video games fall short in achieving. If you're a gamer who cares more about the story and characters in your games than anything else, this is as good as it gets. The one tip I'll give to people who are interested but haven't yet played the game, don't rush. Take your time and explore buildings and areas, you can find notes that are in my opinion worth reading and while exploring different areas you can trigger certain conversations with Ellie (some that happen without you having to press any button and some that you need to press triangle for) that are definitely worth it and add to this one of a kind experience. Try not to miss out on those. Expand
  85. Mar 26, 2014
    Amazing!,
    this game is awesome almost perfect without the bugs naughty dog has done well to well and I hope to see more and it has one of the best characters no lets rephrase that the best characters Joel and Ellie go so well together thanks! Dogs *claps* * aplauses*
  86. Apr 2, 2014
    Best game I've ever played. I'm sick of people giving this game a bad review it's literally the best game in the market. Best game ever, I love the mixture of dialogue, gameplay and the best graphics around.
  87. Apr 7, 2014
    Hands down the best game I have ever played. It ruined playing any other game. I had to wait about 2 weeks before I could play anything else. It has it's faults, but what game doesn't. It is well worth the money! If your one of those people who like to just enjoy the ride then this game on EASY is perfect. If you want to go Boss then try harder difficulties. Either way it's amazing.
  88. Apr 8, 2014
    Un videojuego fascinte y adicitivo que te atrapara en el primer minuto, una narracion extraordinaria, graficos apabullantes, personajes increibles y carismaticos, todo eso junto con una duracion de unas 12 o 17 horas por lo menos. Es maravilloso como este juego al jugarlo sientas que de verdad estas en un escenario apocaliptico. Sin duda y siendo sincero fue el mejor juego del 2013.
  89. Apr 13, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. the last of us was a masterpiece that was absolutely perfect with troy baker as joel and ashley johnson as ellie . voice acting was perfect and it made me think that it was a movie I was watching and not a game that I played. the story was as well written as it could be . The gameplay fits perfecly in the game and it was amazing . But we can not forget the music . The music in the cargo of written by the talented Gustavo Santaolalla was amazing everytime I here the '' choice '' I get goosebumps , it reminds you of all you ellie and joel been through . The mood in the last of us is so clear
     ** Spoiler **
    if we take When ellie almost get raped by david and she is wandering around being super deprest or joel gets a petalpipe into his back and ellie 's all worried .

** NO spoiler **
    exept That the enemies could't see ellie ( exept When You Were playing as ellie ) , bill , henry, sam or tess I found nohing wrong with it. The Last of Us is THE best game I have ever played and if you have not played this game you buy it . Have a nice day .
  90. Apr 16, 2014
    This game well and truely deserves all the high scores it gets. Really please get this game!! The price is still high but 100% worth it. The emotional attatchemnt you get to these characters is unbelieveable. From the first chapter right to the end. It really does stick with you. Of course obviously the graphics are beautiful, the acting very moving. Even if you aren't a fan of theThis game well and truely deserves all the high scores it gets. Really please get this game!! The price is still high but 100% worth it. The emotional attatchemnt you get to these characters is unbelieveable. From the first chapter right to the end. It really does stick with you. Of course obviously the graphics are beautiful, the acting very moving. Even if you aren't a fan of the whole zombie, apocolypse theme (which I do not enjoy) It is more about the story. The infected just take a back seat and play extras. Expand
  91. Apr 16, 2014
    The highest compliment I can pay this game is it gave me the same feeling and pulled my interest in the same way Bioshock did. Incredible atmosphere, great story, and progressive gameplay that increases in difficulty from each area to the next. At it's heart it's a very, very good stealth game, and a good shooter, depending upon how you choose to the play your way forward, but it's theThe highest compliment I can pay this game is it gave me the same feeling and pulled my interest in the same way Bioshock did. Incredible atmosphere, great story, and progressive gameplay that increases in difficulty from each area to the next. At it's heart it's a very, very good stealth game, and a good shooter, depending upon how you choose to the play your way forward, but it's the story and the relationship between the two main characters that pulls you in. Not just an amazing game, an amazing experience. Expand
  92. Apr 21, 2014
    The Last of Us is an incredible journey in the post apocalyptic United States. The game is simply an exemplary narrative of the lives of Joel and Ellie. Naughty Dog does a stellar job of expressing emotions through Artificial Intelligence, great voice acting, and spectacular animation. The characters have been developed to such an extent that they feel real. The little bits and pieces inThe Last of Us is an incredible journey in the post apocalyptic United States. The game is simply an exemplary narrative of the lives of Joel and Ellie. Naughty Dog does a stellar job of expressing emotions through Artificial Intelligence, great voice acting, and spectacular animation. The characters have been developed to such an extent that they feel real. The little bits and pieces in the game which force you to believe that they exist never fail to amaze me.

This game is one of a kind, and quite easily my favorite of all time. I highly recommend this game to anyone who has not yet played it.

I know it's late, but I advise you strongly to obtain a copy.
  93. Apr 24, 2014
    This is the type of game you dedicate entire afternoons to playing, soaking up every detail and visual you can. If you are a COD fanboy, and need action a million times a minute, this game is not for you. Think of it more as a interactive movie. The stealth-action gameplay is also fantastic, but you have to be patient in between the action, and realize this game has tons of characterThis is the type of game you dedicate entire afternoons to playing, soaking up every detail and visual you can. If you are a COD fanboy, and need action a million times a minute, this game is not for you. Think of it more as a interactive movie. The stealth-action gameplay is also fantastic, but you have to be patient in between the action, and realize this game has tons of character development and story-telling. The graphics are fantastic and the feeling of survival is really great.

Don't get me wrong, I love all sorts of games of different types including COD, Forza, God of War, etc. This, however, is my favorite game, and is exactly the kind of game I had always wanted to play. It fits me perfectly because it plays out like a movie. And I happen to love movies. If you love movies too, you'll love the last of us.
  94. Apr 26, 2014
    even though i have not played this game . i did watch it on youtube .Last of us is a game of fun , epic and a romantic story behind it . Its not a die had zombie game like [ dead rising 3 ] or any fun games . its actually a zombie classic . The realtionship between the ellie and joel during a zombie apocalypse is what is part of the game basically and find a way to get out of it . Grade A+
  95. Apr 26, 2014
    The story in this game is without a doubt the greatest story ever to be brought to a video game, ever. That is obviously the selling point for any gamer. But there are some really big issues with gameplay that at times really let this game down. But I believe me, along with most people who played through this game overlook a lot of that stuff. This game is definitely in the top 3 games ofThe story in this game is without a doubt the greatest story ever to be brought to a video game, ever. That is obviously the selling point for any gamer. But there are some really big issues with gameplay that at times really let this game down. But I believe me, along with most people who played through this game overlook a lot of that stuff. This game is definitely in the top 3 games of the past generation of consoles. An absolute must have for any PS3 owner. Expand
  96. Apr 27, 2014
    I haven't experience intensity in a very long time and this game has a lot of gameplay of it. I've never loved video game characters as I did with Joe and Ellie. I was hooked from beginning to end. Beat it in one day and definitely worth a $60 experience. It's dark and gritty. Alot of people criticized for a movie and not a game. It's a really good movie.
  97. Apr 29, 2014
    The Last of Us is an absolutely beautiful experience that anyone who can get a hold of a PS3 should try. The story is pulled off well, the characters are believable and the gameplay is stunning. I couldn't recommend this more.
  98. Apr 29, 2014
    Story: 9.7 out of 10 Graphics: 10 out of 10 Gameplay: 9 out of 10 Fun: 9.5 out of 10 Controls: 10 out of 10 Ease to Learn: 9.5 out of 10
    Multiplayer: 8 out of 10
    Length: 8.5 out of 10
    Re-play: 9 out of 10
    Audio: 10 out of 10
    Bugs/Glitches: barely any
  99. May 6, 2014
    The Last of Us is a masterpiece, it is easily the BEST game I have ever played. The graphics are absolutely amazing, the gameplay is flawless and the storyline....well the storyline is just perfected. I can't imagine rating this game any lower than 10/10 In my opinion.
  100. May 9, 2014
    Simply one of the best games ever made. The last of us had good graphics , a fun gameplay and by far the best story a video game has had so far. The game is not over rated as a lot of people have claimed it to be. I totally recommend The last of us for playstation 3 and 4 gamers .

1. Sep 16, 2013
  2. Sep 10, 2013
  3. Official PlayStation Magazine Benelux
    Sep 4, 2013
    Despite the breakneck pace of the prologue, it takes quite a while for The Last of Us to pick up some speed again. However, once the cold harsh winter arrives, the action (and story) ramps up. So much so, it puts most Hollywood productions to shame. [July 2013, p.76]