• Publisher: SCEA
  • Release Date: Jun 14, 2013
9.1

1. Jul 13, 2013
    AWESOME! This game has everything a game needs. Perfect story, good graphics, characters are perfect, What disappointed me a little bit, was the ending. It was kind of weird. But after all, perfect game. 10/10
  2. Jul 13, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Best game story and gameplay this year. Almost up there with ocarina of time. The low score come form people who have not played the game, so sad that have to review a game they have not played. Expand
  3. Jul 13, 2013
    A good game but certainly an overhyped one!The story is very interesting,but the ending is a little bit controversial.The characters ,and most importantly Joel and Ellie,are really realistic and interesting.The gameplay is a good one but not perfect.Overall, TheLastOfUs is one of the best video games of 2013,if not the best, but not the best one of this generation
  4. Aug 18, 2013
    Really! Awesome game! 200 negative rewie? Who is this little boys? I think they have no PS3 and orc-raging. True story, 120% gameplay, best atmosphere, amazing graphic. MUST HAVE!
  5. Jul 14, 2013
    The Last Of Us is new my favorite single player game. It has been perhaps a decade, if not more, since I had this much fun playing a SP. The mechanics are sound and good, but it's the story that makes this game. The setting is appealing and executed perfectly, and character development is truly engaging. I want to add that for the first couple of hours, there is a sentiment of been there done that. It's not boring by any means, and I'd argue that it's essential for the game's greatness, but you'll only see that about a third of the way into the game, at which point you'll appreciate the first few steps.

People who endlessly complain about the state of videogaming should play The Last Of Us with an open mind and they'll see that there's some hope. There are voice actors out there who can still sound like real people rather than action heroes. There are still writers who will make you feel that something matters. This game may not be the best zombie shoot-em-up game, mechanically, but it does not compare to anything else. It has something that, to my knowledge, has never been pulled off by any other game.

I'm not usually one to comment online about games, but I'm so incredibly enthusiastic about TLOU that I just have to get it out there. I definitely want to see more the main characters, if Naughty Dog can pull it off gracefully. I don't know if it can be done, but one can hope. Play this game, if not now, buy it later when the price drops, but play it. And give it an honest shot.

Cheers.
  6. Jul 15, 2013
    The Last of Us is not a game, it's an experience. Debuting at the end of the PS3's life cycle, i'll be damned if it's not the best game on the console, and a beautiful Swan Song. Naughty Dog has crafted a vast, emotional, intense cinematic experience that you wouldn't get from any other game. Joel and Ellie are some of the most intriguing characters in recent history, also the most compelling. The universe we are inserted into is rife with peril, emotion, chaos, and beauty as you toil through the 10-12 hour campaign, playing as Joel accompanying a young girl named Ellie, whom must be protected. These are characters you invest it, and care about genuinely, and want to make it to the end. The enemies range from the Instant-Death bringing Clickers, among other infected creatures, but also human antagonists, some of which are quite demented and vile themselves, thus bring the emotional tone up even more. The Last of Us is also a gorgeous game, pushing the limits of Graphical Fidelity that we are accustomed too on the Playstation 3, and looking like a Next-Generation experience at most times. There is nothing else to be said on the game without delving into spoilers or mentioning things that you need to experience yourself, but simply put, The Last of Us is a genre defining title, a beautiful Swan Song to the PS3, a breathtaking, emotional experience, and most of all, a masterpiece. If you do not play The Last of Us, you are doing an immense disservice to yourself. Do not miss this game. Expand
  7. Jul 15, 2013
    There is rarely a PERFECT game. Ocarina of Time, Mario 64, Halo: CE, FF7. The Last of us is as close as it gets though, and I can sum up everything about this game in two words. Genius. It wraps you in it's story, the combat is smart yet doesn't get boring, and you actually care about the characters, because their dialogue is natural and doesn't get bogged down in heavy handed theming or excessive exposition. Expand
  8. Jul 15, 2013
    it is very rare a game this good is released, let alone an exclusive. With a story so good it could fit into a million pound blockbuster movie and scripting worth an award its hard to not get attached to The Last Of us' fantastic characters. Throughout the game I cared very much for Joel and Ellie and the great game play and combat mechanics puts a cherry on the cake for a game what can only be challenged by the likes of GtaV for game of the year. Expand
  9. Jul 17, 2013
    After Uncharted 3, I expected much from The Last of Us.
    Many reviews mentioned a great atmosphere and emotional depths. I looked forward to it, but didn't expect much. Trying to deliver emotions often feels forced in a game.

So I started the game and the first chapter of the game was simply impressive and quiet shocking.
    I instantly felt attached to the characters, supported by great
    design choices and the realistic setting.
    Right away I knew this game does it right and has some really unsetting twists. You often feel alone.

The graphics are also amazing, I guess it takes the hardware to its limit. Especially in more open areas, the graphics surprised me several times. They still managed to improve graphic wise, I´d say it's even better than Uncharted 3. It really helps setting the mood. They already added some small but impressive graphical details to the Uncharted series before, which I can't remember seeing in a game before. In Uncharted 2, it were the effects when walking through the snow. In Uncharted 3, it was how the sand reacted to your steps. The Last of Us combined those graphical achievements and also added some which make the places look very realistic, with e.g. snow falling from trees.
    The sound design is also great here, some of the enemies sound really disturbing.

The dialogue is also great and feels natural. Ellie seemed sometimes too optimistic to me, whistling during creepy situations which made me jump and cuss at her sometimes. The often criticized ladder and panel gameplay is commented by the characters in a funny way later. I wonder why Naughty Dog always adds those "give me a lift" moments in their games hidden loading times? Building a relationship between the characters? It must have a meaning...

Regarding the Multiplayer, I can't say much about it because everyone has to decide whether to like it or not. I personally like it. It's always 4 on 4 with 2 different match types. In one match type, the team which loses 20 lifes first also loses the game. I recommend using this mode for missions which take longer to complete. In the other match type, which I prefer, each team whipes each other out ones one team is down, the next round begins and everyone re-spawns at the starting point. Regarding the missions: You play 12 ingame weeks before you can change your fraction again and start from the beginning. Each round is one day. You gather points and your camp population grows, which leads to you having to gather more points. If you don't get enough points in a round, your people get hungry or sick and eventually die when you keep failing getting enough points. Inbetween, there are events where you have 3 days to e.g. prevent a certain percentage of your people getting killed. You manage that by choosing a "challenge" e.g. shooting a certain amount of enemies from a long distance, healing a certain amount of teammates etc. You can choose a mission you´ve chosen before as often as you want, but it gets harder to succeed with each time. I found this pretty addictive and exciting, especially when you´re about to lose 100% of your population and try to prevent it.

While bugs are mentioned online, I´ve never seen one. Ever.

Here are the flaws I´ve experienced while playing. To me, they were minor:

1. It wasn't a flaw to me but should be mentioned. This is not an open world game! Sometimes it gets quiet open, with parts of towns which can be explored, with many houses to go inside but it's not GTAish. Uncharted fans expected that I guess, but those who didn't play Uncharted might be disappointed.

2. Some players might be annoyed that characters keep talking if you get away from them or turn your back on them, which will cause their voice to get quieter. This makes sense, but sometimes it gets TOO quite. Don't walk away during a longer dialogue, you might miss something.

3. On week 10 in multiplayer, I accidently joined a match seconds before it ended. For that reason, I couldn't get any points and my population of 70 survivors got ill and sick. All of them. That was really frustrating that late in the game. Also, I met a really douchy team which only walked in a group, killing everyone with wooden planks for 2 rounds, which almost killed my population (those moments are terrifying), and there are players tending to leave a match when the team is about to lose (especially annoying if the game can be turned around). 3 vs 4 is very hard to win.

Well, this is another masterpiece by Naughty Dog. I´m barely affected by games nowadays, but this one was able to surprise and impress me. Thankfully, many cliché plot parts I expected didn't happen.
  10. Jul 16, 2013
    I'm going to start with this. If you own a PS3, your not getting your money's worth out of buying one if you don't buy The Last of Us. If you don't own a PS3, buy one just for this game. It's that good.

Good:
    - Story: Twists and turns, an unexpected plot point and an ending you will never see coming.
    - Survival: The fact resources are limited, as is ammo is great. It really makes you
    think about if you should craft, say, a med kit or a molotov. Survivor mode definitely has a challenge to be found.
    - Multiplayer: Surprisingly, very good! Unique and will definitely keep you occupied.

Bad:
    - Everyone but Joel somehow has the ability to Usain Bolt past a clicker without making a noise, whereas you can't even move at maximum crouching speed next to one with out it killing you.

Verdict: 10/10. The complaints I had are minor, and nothing compared to how much I enjoyed the game.
  11. Aug 25, 2013
    Absolutely incredible. A masterclass in emotive nuanced gaming. Imagine Uncharted but much more subtle. Some gut wrenching moments. Just play it, seriously.
  12. Jul 18, 2013
    Very nice, polished game, but to sum up what I didn't like for that high price tag:

I already lowered my expectations a bit since I got a bit bored in Uncharted 3 but in terms of linearity and game play I got slightly bored again, i.e. not really stimulated by the game's mechanics.

Unfortunately I could also predict most of the story plot (maybe because it follows some Hollywood
    rules and already known plots/surprises from other movies/games) and I only got surprised in one in-game situation which is quite bad. Maybe that's good story-telling style, but I prefer to be surprised both in plot and more importantly during game play.

I went a bit into sleep mode while playing the game and I only "woke up" to hear the scripted dialogues and cutscenes. That's mainly because stealth and shootouts are still quite basic. Stealth is not really comparable to Hitman, Thief, or Dishonored (plus they are "cheating" a bit with instantly lethal enemies) and shooting felt a bit simpler than Uncharted (slightly unpolished sniping, mostly uninteresting enemy tactics sometimes pretty weird when watching them in listen mode). Basically you solve each situation once and you know how to solve the game. There's no real "easy to learn, hard to master" or learning curve experience.

In a few situations I had enemies that didn't react to me at all and I got on of the sidekicks to get stuck twice (had to reload the game to solve one of the overly simple puzzles).
    So most of the time what kept me going was exploration, seeing what the sidekick(s) do or say, or watching the story to unfold.

I think in hindsight I would basically have preferred to see two or three good movies with slightly better plot for that money... or bought a couple of cool Indy games. Now I'm "stuck" with my digital download version.
  13. Jul 18, 2013
    Everything about this game deserves true praise to have a great storyline to feel connected to the characters emotionally throughout the entire story the game play and presentation all blew me away. But to cap it all off to question ourselves what is right and wrong. Overall a fantastic game.
  14. Jul 18, 2013
    I am sick and tired of zombie games and I love this one. If you own a ps3, you should definitely play this game. It's one of those transformative experiences you go through, when there is a before and after playing the game. I felt the same way when I first played Street Fighter II, Zelda, Mario or Day of the tentacle.

In The Last Of Us, the writing is revolutionary. A true labor of
    love. Playing it feels like playing a game that treats you like an intelligent adult! It's odd that this should even be mentioned but it's a really big deal and I hope it feels like a big slap to many game directors out there, because it should!

This game oozes love everywhere. Naughty Gods wanted to totally blow our minds and had both the means and the skill to do and the result is a great, great ride. Gaming's Casablanca moment.
  15. Jul 18, 2013
    At the risk of sounding cliché, I feel I have no choice but to give this game a 10. The Last of Us is yet another masterpiece by Naughty Dog that cannot be overlooked by anyone whom 1) owns a PS3 and 2) enjoys a game rich in detail both graphically and the story line.

Story line Naughty Dog has always had a knack for telling a good story and The Last of Us is no exception. Instead of
    other "zombie-apocalypse" games, it focuses more on Joel and Ellie's mission (no spoilers) than it does on the infected. It's refreshing to play a "zombie" game without having to fight off hoards of zombies all the time. In my opinion, this allows more depth in an otherwise stale and lackluster genre.

Game play Is what we expect from Naughty Dog. The controls are responsive and easy to use. Enemy AI can be a little hit and miss, especially with Ellie. When in stealth, she tends to wander off, sometimes running into the enemy, yet they never notice her unless they notice you. I can see why people write negatively about this flaw but in my opinion, I'd rather the enemy not react to an NPC (Ellie) than have my cover blown all of time. With that said, I doesn't happen often and in no way will hinder your experience. Otherwise, Naughty Dog delivered a very fluid experience here. It makes for a pretty awesome experience when a hunter runs after you, then duck and dives when you pull a gun it gives you a realistic sense of combat, unlike anything I've seen in a game to date.

Graphics I won't spend much time here. The Last of Us is probably one of Naughty Dog's last productions for this console generation. It pushes the PS3 to its limits and rightfully so. This game is worth every painstakingly realistic detail that you will encounter. From water, both above and under; forestry; run-down towns and cities; no detail was overlooked.

The Last of Us is a game that shouldn't be overlooked from any PS3 owner. A must have for every library. Normally I find it difficult to find replay value in games, but I will definitely replay this game. The story is just that good.
  16. Jul 19, 2013
    Pros:
    - Best game i ever played
    - Best story of all time
    - Cinematic action intense gameplay
    - Masterpiece
    - This is the only game beside (Final Fantasy Crisis Core) made me cry :(
    - Just buy it!

Cons:
    - Some AI issues but managable
  17. Jul 19, 2013
    I almost passed on The Last of Us I had previously decided I was not going to by any more games until next generation to save money. Everyone kept talking about how great this game was however, and how good the story an characters were, and for me that is the main reason I game. From FF7 to Mass Effect to the Bioshock games (to name a few) I love games that tell a story and have interesting characters. So I decided to give The Last of Us a try and am I ever glad I did.

The Last of Us, as I am sure you have read elsewhere, is a masterpiece. It is a truly brilliant achievement in entertainment and should be experienced by as many people as possible. The thing is, to truly understand why so many people keep saying this you have to experience if for yourself. Nevertheless, this is a review so I will do my best to verbalize why I feel this way.

Lets start with the story. The big picture is nothing we haven’t seen before to be honest an outbreak, followed by infected and people are left trying to survive in the dystopic aftermath. It’s a brutal world, and in the opening scene Naughty Dog lets you know very quickly that they are not pulling any punches in this story it’s not a nice place and anything can happen. This is one of the game’s masterstrokes from the opening scene you as the gamer feel uneasy with the idea that anything can happen and you are almost tentative to get attached to characters because you have the feeling anyone can be killed at anytime.

The Last of Us is not about the big picture so much as it is about the story of Joel and Ellie and their plight and the bond that forms out of necessity and genuine emotion. It is how this unfolds that makes this game special they are the two most believable characters I have come across in gaming. Due to incredible voice acting and brilliant writing you can’t help but become emotionally invested. If something is important to Joel or Ellie it is important to you. One more than one occasion I found myself wanting to rush due to a sense of urgency that one of the characters had in the game. There were cut-scenes that were so well done that when they would finish I would forget I was playing a game and wait for things to continue like a movie. To further drive the point my wife, who is not generally interested in video games, started watching me play and couldn’t stop. There were nights if I was off work and she had to get up in the morning where I would have to stop playing so she would go to bed a decent time. She also made sure I waited until she was home before I would continue playing it’s that captivating.

Of course games are also about the game play and the game play in The Last of Us is excellent. You can kill enemies a variety of ways, and there is something immensely satisfying about this. Whether it be sneaking up behind someone and driving a knife in their neck or throwing a Molotov and listening to screams of pain as several infected get caught in the blast it never gets old. You can take a slow approach, or if you have the gear you can be more direct. Be careful though, this is a survival game and resources are in a limited supply making you evaluate the best way each encounter should be handled.

The small things in The Last of Us and the attention to detail really stand out. Whether it be a background conversation, some small environmental detail or the facial expressions on the characters it is all done well and adds to the ambiance. One thing I really liked about the game was how it rewards you for exploration. More often that not if you take the time to look around you are rewarded with collectibles, crafting supplies or parts for upgrading weapons. The game is also beautiful as someone who spends a lot of time PC gaming I have grown jaded with the old consoles and find so many of the games to look dated…this was not the case with The Last of Us. I am not sure how Naughty Dog did it, but they must be squeezing every last ounce of power out of the PS3.

The game is not perfect of course, nothing is. There were occasions in combat when I would land a clean head shot only to have an enemy shake it off. As well sometimes in combat I would try to stealth and party members would not get out of the way. There were also times that an NPC would start a conversation with me when they were not close so I could not hear what they were saying as a result I found I had to have sub-titles on when I played as I did not want to miss anything. These are all minute next to the greatness of this game and easy to deal with as they are the exception, not the rule.

The Last of Us is the best video game I have ever played and I have been playing games since Colecovision and Atari. While it may not take this mantle for you I can guarantee that the vast majority of players with love this game. Or at the very least respect and admire the work that Naughty Dog put in it. Buy this game, play this game you won’t regret it.
  18. Jul 20, 2013
    Truly the best game I have ever played, it is fair to say the the game designers went full throttle to make sure that this game was to be one of the most iconic games of the year and for the 3rd gen console. The plot is perfect, very well planned and executed, it keeps the player's interest throughout the struggle that the protagonist and his young companion endure, highlighting their bond and will to survive. A perfect swansong for the Playstation 3 that keeps to strapped in until the end. Buying this game is definitely a no-brainer. Expand
  19. Jul 29, 2013
    What the hell was I thinking???? I gave this game a 7 only 5 hours into the game. I guess because I'm so burned out with zombie games. But I'm rewriting this review to say I'm absolutely obsessed with this game. Game of this generation..on ps3...xbox...maybe even xbox one.

Not enough talk about multiplayer...so I'm going to talk about it. Multiplayer....omg..awesome. Very
    addictive. I haven't thought this much about multiplayer since when modern warfare first came out in 2007. At first I was getting slaughtered...but you have to think to win. I hate even bringing up COD since it sucks so bad now, but trust me this game is revolutionary. Check it out, even if you dispize zombie stuff like I do Expand
  20. Jul 22, 2013
    Although the game does have repetitive gameplay here and there, the story and plot driven aspect of it is enough to completely overlook any sort of familiar "already been done" gameplay. The mechanics and physics of the game are flawless. The acting and character development is by far better than 99% of movies out there and the fact that you get to play as these characters is the cherry on top. If you're a fan of the Uncharted series, you will not be disappointed. But if you're a fan of Uncharted and looking for a completely different way to shoot your gun, you will be somewhat disappointed because that aspect of the game is somewhat similar between the two. The game isn't really about zombies or action, its how the characters develop and survive. The only thing that i can see most survival game enthusiasts would have a beef with is the fact that when you die in the game, u just redo the same scenario until you get it done. But even that wasn't a big concern to me because if you spend a good amount of stealth time killing and one zombie takes you out, you'd have to redo all your strats again. My final comment....i was depressed when the game ended cause i loved it so much. Expand
  21. Jul 22, 2013
    This game is truly great, but does it warrant the $60? That really depends. Its definitely different than many of the other games that have come out this year and it will no doubt receive "game of the year" status. The game is very solid, with easy to learn mechanics that make it simple for anyone to pick up and play. The story is standard post zombie apocalypse fare and can be easily compared to games like resident evil. There is more of an emotional weight tied to the story and does have some truly touching, shocking, saddening and bittersweet moments. But the story isn't anything new and wont surprise everybody. The way its told and its emotionally driven moments are what make it stand out from the crowd. The graphics are stunning to say the least. There are moments where you are allowed to take a breather and simply admire the work Naughty Dog has put into each environment. Everything from dilapidated cities to snow covered forests and wide rivers, to sunlight vistas and etc. There's even one moment in particular that truly shows the graphical fidelity of the game. The enemies range from infected monsters, to other humans that want to kill you for whatever reason they have. You have to option to use stealth or to run in guns a blazing, but only if you have the resources to do so. Supplies are limited and you need to really ration out your items and make every bullet fired from your gun count. These elements make for some very intense shoot outs that can end with you having only 2 bullets left in your hand gun. The length of the game is very good. It took me about 12 hours to beat and that was mainly cause of the random difficulty spikes and the occasional cheap death. Other than that however, your game time might vary, especially if you stop to read every note and find every firefly pendant in the game. Re-playability comes in the form of a new game plus mode which allows you to replay the game on the same mode but with all of your upgrades and etc. If you're on the fence about buying this game, i'd rent it first and see if you like it. I did so and i beat it during my rental time; therefore, i wont buy it at its full retail price. I will wait for the price to drop. If third person shooters with survival horror elements is your thing or you simply want a brief introduction into the world of survival horror, then by all means buy this game. Expand
  22. Jul 22, 2013
    Superb graphics. epic and emotional story, realistic combat, intense horror. This game contains all of those. You won't be disappointed. It gives the feeling that you ARE Joel, not just playing as him while bashing monsters, sneaking around enemies and exploring the amazingly detailed USA wasteland. I strongly recommend
  23. Jul 23, 2013
    Let me start off straight, this game is so delightful and promises to give you joy. Troy Baker, who voiced Joel, has done an excellent job in giving the character much power. Same appreciation goes to Ashley Johnson who managed to voice a 14-year old girl who is so innocent in the beginning and then slowly becomes the star of the show. Then I'll have to praise the sound which is done so perfect. The clicking sound of the clickers, the footsteps and every sound which is possible to happen in real life too.

Naughty Dog, creators of legendary franchises like Crash and Uncharted, didn't disappoint with the gameplay and story. I am not going to spoil the story but it's a well written story for a post-apocalyptic survival adventure. The relationship between Joel and Ellie is weak in the beginning and then slowly evolves into a relationship stronger than anything else. Under gameplay, I don't have words to describe. It is so fluid in terms of switching weapons, healing during combat and since it's a survival video game, crafting is very much necessary. Crafting a scissor into a melee weapon is so realistic and helpful killing the infected. Besides combat, you have stealth too. The developers have done an incredible job making this part of the game. Sneaking around the infected keeps your heartbeat high all the time. You enter Listen Mode which acts like seeing through wall but it's realistic in the way that the target's position is judged by their sound of their footsteps, their voice and the clicking sound of the clickers. Sometimes you can't locate the enemies/infected because they don't make any sound. The different types of the infected is smart and it's better you find them out when you play the game.

You collect supplements to improve your skills and collect parts to improve your weapons in a bench. The brutal violence in this game is as close to God of War only you don't rip enemies apart but mashing their head into a table is so mature. Ellie is not only a girl who follows you all the time but helps you in combat too. During the first hours, she throws bricks and bottles at enemies to stun them and giving you a clear opportunity to finish them off. Ellie can be a trouble sometimes. She stands in your way while you are in cover and can spoil your stealth plan. This is nothing compared to the stealth mechanics.

Overall, this game is a sure masterpiece. There is so much content in this game that gives an immerse experience which probably none game could have delivered before. It's a must buy for all PS3 owners and I guarantee that you will not regret buying the game. There is a Multiplayer mode and new game for the people who wants to keep playing this game.
  24. Jul 23, 2013
    Look, this game is amazing because it is a fully immersive experience. Once you get the controls, if you pretend and play as if you actually are the character, it is one of the most exciting and engaging games I've ever played. The dialogue and action flow seamlessly into one another. Amazing!
  25. Jul 23, 2013
    An absolutely gorgeous experience delivered to us by the studio that brought us the Uncharted series. The scenery, the game play, the characters, the plot and the dialogue are all delivered masterfully. One of the most anticipated games of the year lives up to the hype, if not, it exceeded it. Never has a game brought so many tears to my eyes like The Last Of Us is. Its just absurdly entertaining and thrilling. The game is just flawless to the core, it's just a true masterpiece. Expand
  26. Jul 24, 2013
    Easily the best game I've ever played. The character development, scenery, everything! I highly suggest you play this game. No matter how you get it it will definitely be worth the time and money. This game has the best characters ever as well!
  27. Jul 24, 2013
    I was looking forward to this game for a long time and truthfully, i got everything out of it i wanted. Great story, well told and in depth. amazing graphics, brilliant characters, Intense and immersive gameplay etc. I thoroughly enjoyed my experience in this game However playing through it a second time, really didn't hit as hard as i was hoping but of course is still enjoyable. The online was a pleasent surprise, I found myself going back several times, but i wouldn't be able to play it for hours on end.
    My only gripes with the game, game play wise is the companion AI in the stealth segments. While i don't find it too distracting, it is a little goofy at times.
    Story wise, while i loved it, the end just left me wanting more. If a sequel is coming i expect my want will be for filled, but a little more closure would have been nice.

all in all it's everything i wanted to get out of this game.
  28. Jul 24, 2013
    This is one of the best games I have played. The graphics are fantastic for PS3, the story is unlike anything you've seen and the effort that has been put into this game is breathtaking. Hats off to Naughty Dog. The gameplay is well thought-out and the decisions you make will impact on the way you tackle enemies. The world you are in is just so devastating, and right from the opening you will be stunned at everything the game has to offer. Ellie is one of the best characters I have come across, and the way she grows and becomes more independent is fantastic.

As well as the single player, the multiplayer is also a great experience. I can't wait for DLC...

The replay value for the single player is quite low, but this is because you will already know the whole story and everything that will happen so I'm leaving it at 10.

Looking forward to a sequel ND ^-^
  29. Jul 26, 2013
    Excellent story, great game play, fantastic graphics, non-repetitive and plenty of hours of fun.Best 60 dollar spent.. EVER!! Oh and great multi-player as well, extremely addictive
  30. Jul 25, 2013
    I don't think there's such a thing as a perfect game, but The Last of Us comes damn close. Everything from the gameplay to the visuals to, most importantly, the narrative, meshes together to create an experience I know I'm never going to forget. You'd be forgiven for thinking this sounds like hyperbole, and trust me, I was sceptical too but TLOU is one of the few games that genuinely lives up to its hype.

First, there's the characters. Ellie is far and away the most well drawn AI companion you're likely to see this generation, and one you truly grow to care for. Joel is a perfect counterpart grim and violent, but with a plethora of emotions lying beneath his gruff exterior, you may not agree with every decision he makes (particularly towards the game's end) but you completely understand the reasoning behind it. Troy Baker and Ashley Johnson have wonderful chemistry and did a wonderful job giving these characters life. Impressively, the gameplay not only matches the quality of the story but actually complements it. The combat is weighty and tense without feeling repetitive; this is a game which makes you feel every gunshot and every blow. Enemies struggle as you strangle the life from them, beg for their lives as you line up their head in your crosshairs make no mistake, this game is dark. One particular enemy type the Clickers ranks as one of the most terrifying creatures I've had the misfortune of facing. But this darkness and violence never feels contrived or gratuitous instead it feels necessary to the story, which is the game's strongest asset. Such is the strength of the narrative that you will be completely hooked right from the prologue. This comes to a head in the Winter section which, without giving anything away, is simply one of the most masterful game sequences I've ever experienced. If you ever plan to play this game, avoid spoilers at all costs it's an experience which deserves to be played with as little prior knowledge as possible, and contains some of the most beautiful moments on PlayStation.

This game will suck you in and not let go for its entire 14-18 hours. I've been playing games for nearly 20 years, and this is quite possibly the best one I've ever played. Just do yourself a favour and buy it.
  31. Jul 25, 2013
    I like the game. Mostly because of its drama. The plot is very good although I have seen it several times already in movies. I can't say it's bad, on contrary I think it is an advantage. Acting is fantastic, cinematic are fabulous and visuals I would say if every game on Ps3 showed the same quality who would need ps4 for other 2 years. My only concern is a gameplay. it's a little bit repetitive on my taste. and personally I would prefer more humans opposing me as I am sick and tired of zombie-alike enemies in video games. But over all this is the game you should not miss on no circumstances if only you don't have a ps3 of course. Expand
  32. Jul 26, 2013
    Let me begin by saying that this game deserves all the praise it has gotten. From the opening scene to the final credits, I was enthralled. The sheer emotional experience that The Last of Us achieves is unheard of, for me anyway, in the gaming industry. I have never cried during a movie, book or game, but I did during this game. The story is amazing, because every single character has a depth, a realism, to them, and I couldn't help but connect with. Not only did this game make me connect to the main characters, but it also resonated with the people that I fought. I remember, during the first fight against other people, I was sneaking around cover, and overheard a conversation that the enemy AI's were having. One of them was telling the other one about his little cousin that ran off to join the fireflies (a group searching for a cure), and ended by saying that he hoped that his cousin was OK, and that he would see him again. I had to go into that room and smash that man's head into a table, so I guess he will never see his cousin again. The game puts a weight on death that makes you feel remorse for a guy that was on screen for three minutes. The Last of Us has an amazing story, that is augmented by its extremely impressive graphics. Everything moves realistically, and looks amazing while it is. The environment is beautiful, and because of the bleak outlook, brings to mind a sadness for the destruction that brought humanity so low. Although the AI was a bit wonky in some sections, it does not detract from the game, and is not noticeable in the majority of combat. The combat is brutal, as anyone will say, and gives greatness to the multiplier. The tactical matches give as much tension as the main story does. Overall, The Last of Us is an experience, one that cannot be passed up. I would suggest this game to anyone and everyone. The story is impeccable, it's the best movie I've ever played. Do not miss this game. If you own a ps3, get this game; you will not be sorry. Expand
  33. Jul 28, 2013
    I'd like to start by saying that this is a phenomenal game and is very deserving of a 9/10 at least, if not 10/10. I'm definitely not exaggerating when I say that this is one of the best games I've ever played.

This is one of the only games that I've seen that can evoke emotions through it's masterful use of dialogue and storytelling. Naughty Dog definitely took a risk with such an
    emotional introduction and it paid off. This game had me hooked from the beginning. The narrative takes a cliche idea and gives it a refreshing twist. The voice acting is some of the best I've seen in a game thus far, only being slightly beat out by Mass Effect 3. The characters are dynamic and clearly develop as the story progresses. The combat system is very fluid and easy to use for first time players of 3rd person shooters. The enemies are intelligent and actually do use tactics to try to make your life as hard as possible; a pleasant change from the common enemies in most shooters. The landscapes are beautiful and very detailed. Each location is set apart from the others with its own individual weather patterns and foliage, making it difficult to become bored with exploring each setting.

The crafting/upgrade system could be a bit more complex since scavenging for supplies is such a large part of the game. The friendly AI is somewhat dodgy in that they are apparently not ever seen or heard by enemies when in stealth mode. This could be helpful in that it could cause much frustration if they were seen. I have not experienced any bugs that you may read about in other reviews. The ending left me somewhat unsatisfied, but rumors that it may become a series quickly relieved me.

I'm usually not a fan of super hyped games, but I'm glad people talked me into getting this game. I would highly recommend buying this game if you have a PS3. If not, I would urge you to get a PS3 for the sole purpose of playing this game. It is definitely one of the best games of the year thus far and quite possibly one of the best of my generation.
  34. Jul 26, 2013
    The only thing I can think of that would have made this game even better, would be to make it more of an open world game. Everything was very structured as you dabble just lightly into open world while searching. Once you move on though, you can never go back. Decision based story would have really nailed it down, but I suppose there are plenty of other games for that opportunity. This game is a MUST BUY. Expand
  35. Jul 26, 2013
    I really don't have much to say but anyone who's reluctant to buy this game should read all the critics reviews. I was blown away by the fact that I was so attached to these characters. Once I finished it I just couldn't get over that mind boggling ending which made me lose sleep at night. A mesmerizing story and it truly bridge the gap between games and cinema. I'm sure we can expect amazing things from ND in the future. I will have my fingers crossed for TLOU 2. Expand
  36. Jul 26, 2013
    As I played through the first hour or so, with 'best game of the generation' reviews fresh in my head, I couldnt help but think it couldnt possibly live up to the hype. It was a great game, sure, with a great story, but perfect? I wasnt so sure. But as i continued to immerse myself in the story, I knew I was playing something special. The story, is in fact, one of the best, if not the best story I have experienced in a video game. Visually, the game paints an absolutely stunning portrait of your surroundings.. beautiful, or haunting.. abandoned subway station, or serene forests, the visuals are unforgettable. The great thing about The Last of Us, is the gameplay keeps up step for step with everything else. It's Uncharted taken to another level.
    I had fun playing situations over and over, trying to figure out how to succeed. The game is brutally unforgiving, every single round of ammo is worth twice its weight in gold, which is how it should be given the setting. You will find yourself scouring every corner of the environment, trying to find an extra couple rounds, or a few scraps of materials to help construct a health kit or shiv.
    But it will always come back to the story.. the characters.. the incredible world that Naughty Dog created. Do NOT miss this game. As the final credits are rolling, you will sit there like the rest of us, thinking of how special what you just experienced really was.
  37. Aug 10, 2013
    The first review I gave this game was an 8. Needless to say, I've changed my score to a 10 now.

There are very, very minor flaws in this game. Every game has them but in The Last of Us they're so minor that they're not even worth mentioning. When you quit nit picking you can truly appreciate a game for what it is, and The Last of Us smacks everything out of the park.
  38. Jul 28, 2013
    I want to thank Naughty Dog for this excellent videogame. I really enjoyed it. Very interesting gameplay. I like that there is no enough ammo all the time and you should survive somehow. I can't wait for "The Last of Us 2".
  39. Jul 28, 2013
    This game was beautiful in everything it was. Although I loved the story, the gameplay too was very compelling. The ammunition and usability of items were realistic and made sense unlike most games that make you repare items every other battle. I really also like the exploration and no map concept. Overall, the battles always seemed like different puzzles in a world that is really detailed.
  40. Jul 28, 2013
    Technisch geht auf der PS3 wohl kaum mehr. Allerdings ist es aufkeinen Fall den Hype Wert der um das Spiel gemacht wird. Gutes Spiel aber ab der Hälfte hat man Gameplaytechnisch schon alles gesehen und die Story ist interessant gehalten, beeindruck am Ende aber doch nur ehr mittelmäßig.
  41. Jul 28, 2013
    I don't even know where to begin with this game... I've been an avid gamer for almost my entire life, and I consider myself quite fluent in the world of gaming. After beating this game, I can honestly say that it may take a spot in one of my top games of all time. At the bare minimum, it's one of the best games of this past decade. Over the past few years, I've played good games, but nothing compares to how well crafted The Last of Us is. Although the post apocalyptic trope is somewhat overused now a days, Naughty Dog has succeeded in using this theme to create a compelling, immersive, beautiful, story with The Last of Us. Although some game mechanics are somewhat faulty, I usually can forgive some misgivings for a good game and story, and all of this makes me completely forget the bad about this game (which really there isn't much). Naughty Dog created a story that does not glorify the main characters, but makes them human. Most games, movies, and TV create this sort of "hero" identity with their protagonist, which yes, you of course want to root for the main character, but at the same time we, as the audience, know that no one is perfect. I think this in itself was probably the most important facet of the game that made it so compelling, Joel and Ellie are VERY human. Naughty Dog brilliantly builds upon their relationship through the game to create not only a bond between the characters, but uses it as a catalyst for what ultimately happens at the end. Without spoiling anything, I will say that the ending of The Last of Us is definitely one of the most emotional, impactful, and compelling endings that I have ever played. This game will stick with me and I cannot help but think about how morally dense this game is. Expand
  42. Aug 1, 2013
    I should start off by saying that this game is a stunning experience, and that Naughty Dog has yet again proven that they are one of the best Developers in the industry. The story is phenomenal, gripping and a joy to play through. The gameplay/combat is also quite fun, and fits good into both single-player and multiplayer. All though i must say that the multiplayer in this game is under developed, they could of done so much more with it and made it even better. But, that's not to say the multiplayer is bad, the multiplayer is fun, unique and gives the player more replay-ability. The game does have technical difficulties like all games, but none to the extent where it ruins the experience, so there is no need to worry about that. If you own a PS3, go and get this game as soon as you can. It is a must own. Expand
  43. Jul 29, 2013
    This game is such a masterpiece. Naughty Dog should definitely teach how to produce a game. The gameplay, the story, the setting, everything is completely perfect. I really enjoyed playing this game, hopefully give it to my grand children to play. Do not listen to bad reviews, just buy this game and start playing. If you like survival and post-apocalyptic games, The Last of Us is just for you.
  44. Aug 2, 2013
    Last of us should be considerd as art like metro last light .Excelent story not unique zombie game when you are full of ammo and shoot them in heads this disese realy excists but on insects so that mean it is not stupid zombie story .graphics and caracter animations best very realistic game It has some sad moments but only thing i dont like that the game is linear so when you complete it you dont have reason to get back and play it again.to bad it is only on ps3 Expand
  45. Jul 31, 2013
    This game is already a classic. Not thanks to its gameplay, or its AI, because they both have a few flaws.
    But thanks to its storytelling, its voice acting, and its atmosphere.

This game will take your breath away, and won't give it back to you until the end of the credits. You won't find any cliché in this game. The characters are incredibly human. The whole game, you'll ask yourself
    this question: "What would I do in this situation".

The game's story is violent, mature, and quite depressing if you think about it.

It is full of surprises, it is incredibly good, etc...

To sum it up, as I said, it is a classic, no matter what some people say.

Oh, and by the way, it is gorgeous.
    Don't hesitate, buy it. It's worth your money.

The greatest game of this gen, along with Red Dead Redemption. 10/10
  46. Jul 31, 2013
    This game is the best zombie type game i've ever played! Naughty Dog sure did it again with their amazing games! I was stoked about this game when it first was released in stores. The emotions in this game are powerful. This is the finest game i've ever played. Can't wait if theres a sequel
  47. Aug 1, 2013
    The Last of Us is easily the best game of this gaming generation. I do not say this statement lightly. I truly and sincerely believe that this game has set the standard for video games. Naughty Dog has once again created a masterpiece and have proven, once again, they know how to make games. The gripping story, amazing graphics, the characters, the dialogue, and the overall immersive experience create a memorable experience. The best game I have played in a long time. You will love this game to death. It is as close to perfect as possible. Expand
  48. Aug 1, 2013
    This is one of the best games i ever played. The story is awesome also the characters are convincingly.
    You really care about joel and ellie. The graphic and the music and every thing else is fantastic.
    I want such games for other consoles so every gamer can play it.
  49. Aug 2, 2013
    I knew this game was going to be special and was really excited for it, When I first saw a gameplay video of it and saw that IGN gave it a 10/10 I was thinking it can't be a perfect score, maybe close but not perfect. After playing it a few weeks after release, I now see why it was given so many perfect scores. I would personally rate it an 11/10 if I could.The Last of us is a masterpiece.It us does everything right, It's the first game I've played in my entire life where I can actually say that a game made me cry. This game just provokes your emotions and is hands down my Game of the year, probably my game of the generation. It has really set the bar for storytelling and future games and has possibly given us a sneak peak of future PS4 games. Bottomline, The Last of us isn't a game, it's an experience that everyone should see. It's crazy knowing that the last of us's story is just as complex as say a movie. Expand
  50. Aug 5, 2013
    This game is in the top 3 best game I've ever played. The athmosphere is incredible. The characters are so attaching. Each moments of this game stay in your mind. This game is a Masterpiece to the beginning until the end. Ellie and Joel are the perfects characters for this game. The story is great but what makes this game unique is the relations between Ellie and Joel. The graphics are amazing...well this game is wonderfull. There's still annoying lags and AI are quite idiotic but the rest is awesome. Expand
  51. Aug 3, 2013
    I finished playing this game yesterday and I can't stop thinking about how amazing it was playing through the story. First of all the story is brilliant, thrilling, exciting and even at times funny. The mechanics are extremely clever and makes the whole game-play much more realistic than what many people might be used to. Being depended on creating and upgrading different weapons by finding different tools and not to mention the interactions of the other characters makes it a overall a realistic gaming experience. The characters are genuine and likable especially Ellie and Joel -which makes you hope the adventure between them never stops. The art design and the graphics really do make a rare realistic environment of what would happen to cities if the systems went down, by showing the true beauty of nature. It's a clever contrast between all of the horrifying stuff you go through and becomes a sort of reminder of what's good and "human". The soundtracks are flawless. I remember entering the ending credits without even noticing the credits because of the amazing soundtracks that just bombed me with nostalgia from the wonderful journey I just finished. The online multiplayer experience is quite unique but extremely risky that takes time to get used to. Still The Last of Us is truly amazing and it might not only be the best game of the year, but also one of the best games ever created. What are you waiting for? Go buy it now! Expand
  52. Aug 3, 2013
    This game is a big step on gaming in terms of how you can transmit a very good story and feel without abusing cutscenes. As a gamer who is not a big fan of horror games this one truly impressed me for the fact that it is a horror game without jump scares. This is one of the only games which have really put a big emphasis on how gun fights really are and that we don't have unlimited ammo and that bullets indeed mean something and that is a incredible feat. Just a well rounded game that is tons of fun. Expand
  53. Aug 3, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. After seeing some incredible scores here on metacritic, I decided to remove the dust from my PS3, which I haven't used for about 1.5 years and give this game a try. And what can I say... best decision I made in a while. :-)

[WARNING: Spoilers ahead!^^] I'm quite happy that I didn't watch any trailers/videos/screenshot before and also completely ignored the box dvd cover, because it led me (thinking I would go along with Joel and Sarah since this game was obviously about a man and a girl trying to survive in a post-zombie-apocalypse-scenario, as far as I could tell^^) to a complete state of shock, when Sarah died right at the beginning of the game.

While recovering from this shock, the evolving story & brilliant cutscenes pulled me right into that game more than I could ever have imagined. Even though some parts (gameplay, graphics, etc.) reminded me on other games and movies (I am Legend, The Walking Dead, Uncharted,...), The Last of Us was/is a really unique masterpiece, which made me absolutely feel with the characters and kept me thrilled for almost 24 hour straight. I've been almost as busy with hoping/thinking/fearing about things that possibly might happen to one of the characters, as with actually "playing" the game to progress in the story.

And even though it's been two days already since I finished the game, I just can not let go... I'm still thinking about the ending, the whole story, the characters... and it's really absurd: Fot the whole game I thought that Ellie and Joel would both die in the end... or at least one of them... but although they survived, I'm not really happy. Sony somehow managed to make me love them and I want to see more from Joel & Ellie and their future story. So I REALLY hope, there will be (a) sequel(s) or at least some DLCs that will make this possible.
  54. Aug 3, 2013
    This by far the best looking game and the best game i have ever seen and played my god i love it I love it so so much. This game is 10/10 all across love you play station and love you naughty dog
  55. Aug 4, 2013
    The story is quite good but, in my opinion, the ending is sort of anti-climatic. But the way Naughty Dog designed the characters and their personalities and how they interact with each other is just amazing! And the gameplay... borderline perfect. The game doesn't feed you loot all the time, and you have to make up your mind quick if it's worth to shoot that clicker or if you just have to sneak by. But all and all, awesome game personally; top 5 games of all time. Expand
  56. Aug 5, 2013
    If i could give more than 10, i would without hesitation. This game is phenomenal. The voice acting.. the story.. the game play. All perfect. I bought a PS3 despite having an Xbox and PC to play this and it was a great decision, this is what all games should aspire to be. You must play this game, at any cost.
  57. Mar 1, 2014
    The Last of Us. A game that will be remembered. Naughty Dog have made a masterpiece. The Last of Us brings you a story that will touch you. The characters, the world and overall the gameplay itself make this game the best that I've ever played. Joel and Ellie are characters that you will fall in love with The game tells the story of their relationship and how from totally disliking each other they become best friends and even more.

Throughout the game you will find interesting items that you can use to craft bombs, shivs, med kits and other things to help you survive in the environment which is done beautifully. The combat system is one of the most interesting things you will see. It's not about run and gun, you have to use your brain and think before you act which will be a blast because of the many different ways to approach each fight. You can even chose to avoid conflict completely.

The graphics of the game are one of the most satisfying graphics you'll see not because of how well they are done (and they are done VERY well) but because of the way they make the game look so believable and so much mor satisfying.

You might find yourself crying while playing the game and you might feel attached to the character which will make you think about the world that we live in and how people treat one another. Joel and Ellie will touch your heart and you will have an experience that you would want to remember forever and make you wish that they were real.
  58. Aug 6, 2013
    With its widespread perfection across gameplay mechanics, voice acting, and storytelling, Last of Us leaves its players in awe, contemplation, and satisfaction.
  59. Aug 7, 2013
    This is my favorite game this generation and possibly my best game ever as it's storytelling is excellent, voice acting is superb, graphics are extremely good, and the characters are very well made.Get this game now it may become your favorite too
  60. Aug 7, 2013
    I would have to say this is the most fantastic game I have ever played. Great graphics and the whole game feels real. Love the characters. I had split emotions throughout the game like my wanting to strangle some of the people, being terrified of those damn clickers, and where I cried several times. Overall a game that I am glad I spent my time on and will play once again soon.
  61. Aug 8, 2013
    This is the best game I have ever played. From beginning to end it had me on the edge of my seat. Everything about this game from the story to gameplay even multi-player. If you want to experience a great edge of your seat single player campaign this is the game for you. Visually this game has those little touches that makes everything you encounter believable. Great Experience.
  62. Aug 9, 2013
    I will have to start out by saying that The Last of Us really does make the end of this Playstation 3 generation something to look back on how it started to where it is now. Naughty Dog is the creator of the "Uncharted" series, and also many other big Playstation games. But the reason i bring the "Uncharted" series up is that "Uncharted: Drake's Fortune" was made in November 2007...one year after the PS3 release date in 2006. So if you see how beautiful that game was in 2007 you can see in The Last of Us that Naughty Dog really knows how to push the PS3 to the limits graphics wise. Don't get me wrong, graphics aren't the biggest thing about this game but the game sure does look beautiful and its unique that we get to see one developer at the start of a console's generation and at the end of it. That's not what this is about though, so just take that in as you play this game.
    This game is a masterpiece by its design, story, and game play. When this game was first revealed at E3 with just a teaser trailer I had so much hope for this game based on its post-apocalyptic world also with Naughty Dog as its developer. Well I'm glad I did because the story I think is the best thing about this game because when you play as Joel for the first time in awhile in games you feel like the character, so whatever happens to him good or bad you feel as if its really happening. The game is so emotional you may even forget it's a video game sometimes because it also seems like this summer's best movie at the box office. As for the story, it's amazing but it's also amazing because you don't know what is going to happen and that is exactly why I can not tell you anything about the story. For gameplay this game plays like Uncharted which isn't a bad thing but there are other features in this game Uncharted will never have. There is a crafting system because throughout the game you will pick up items and you will need to use those items to craft weapons and med kits. Also this game has different ways to play. You can be stealthy in some parts of the game, where someone else may run and gun. It depends on how much ammo you were able to come across. For graphics it uses the PS3 to the max, it seems like, on everything possible. For now that is...

Adam
  63. Aug 10, 2013
    This Game is Phenomenal I Loved every Part of this Game though Few Glitches But they never ruined my Fun in the Game from the START and to the END you will get Those "FEELS" and it really will make you think that World is Real Joel Ellie Everyone. I Love This Game i thought about it after Days and Week after completing it and it will stay with me Forever Kudos to Naughty Dog
  64. Aug 10, 2013
    Best title Naughty Dog has yet released....... hoping for a sequel... My favorite PlayStation 3 game...One of THE BEST video games of the seventh-console generation that surpasses every standard in every way.
  65. Aug 11, 2013
    This game is one of the finest games I've ever played, from the very strong beginning to the end, is proof that video games are getting better and better, and this game makes you feel what everybody is feeling, even better than movies. If you don't have this game, go to the nearest games shop and buy it, you won't regret it.
  66. Aug 12, 2013
    This wasn't a game, this was an experience. I had not played the fist time, i wasn't using the ps3 thre by a year so i thought to watch a walkthrought on internet. I've never done such a more idiot thing in my life... however it was the best experience that i had with i video game, without giving any matter to the gameplay.
    this is the best game of all time, of the whole generation and
    there won't never be game like this in 20 years Expand
  67. Aug 13, 2013
    Excellent combination of story and game. Great characters with professional voices. Diverse scenarios that are not easily predictable.( Avoid the spoilers if you can.)
    I do not play many games, but this is the best game I have played.
  68. Aug 14, 2013
    I don't even know where to start with The Last of Us. From its brutal combat, amazingly immersive story and world, The Last of Us is superb. I was really disappointed when I realized that my nearest Gamestop wasn't having a midnight release for this game so I just picked it up the next day right when they opened. I rushed home slapped it in my PlayStation and started my journey. Let me tell you.. that journey won't be soon forgotten. I will admit the game isn't "flawless" it has some small bugs and glitches here and there but those can't and won't take you out of game and stop you from enjoying it. It has a pretty lengthy story, about 12-14 hours. Aside from that you have multiplayer. This multiplayer suits the game well, its tense, fun, and strategic. You pick a faction Hunter or Fireflies. Once you do that you embark on a 12 week adventure that has you trying to keep your clan safe and healthy. Occasionally there will be events that come up that have the chance to take out a certain percentage of your clan, it could vary from 25% to a brutal 100%. If you fail an event that happens to be 100% everybody dies and you are forced to restart. So overall The Last of Us is a title that YOU, as a PlayStation 3 owner, need to own. I give The Last of Us a 10 out 10 Expand
  69. Aug 15, 2013
    Where do I start?
    This game is phenomenal, expect to get attached to the characters from the very start until the very end.
    The last of us is set in a post-apocalypse world where a fungus infection has wiped out 60% of humanity.
    You play as Joel, a survivor who is on a journey with a girl called Ellie. The environment and atmosphere is truly amazing and you can actually feel the bond
    between the characters as you progress in the game. This game is by far the best game in this console generation, until GTA V comes out at least. Expand
  70. Aug 17, 2013
    Worst game ever. Not worth playing even if you got it for free. Graphics are too good, it just makes no sense to have something this uncanny in a video game. The story line is too good, I felt uncomfortable being blown away. But worst of all, there is just way too much character development, why would I want to feel this kind of emotional connection to a 14 year old girl? It's just silly. Copy of CoD. Expand
  71. Aug 18, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Upon buying this game from what little I'd seen, through not wanting to ruin anything for myself, I was more excited than I'd been for any game in a while. This, and only a few other games that I've played have put me in a position of "Well, what do I do now?" after I've completed it. What this game brings to the table is none-other than the greatest story ever told on console, maybe you could push that to ever in gaming, it is certainly the best story ever told to me. One of only two games that's ever made me shed tears and the only game that's ever made me genuinely care for a character's wellbeing as if it were a real person. From a storytelling standpoint, it's phenomenal. I would urge anyone out there who even has the slightest bit of interest to pick this game up immediately. The positions it puts you in with the people you're placed with is brilliant to say the least.

The story sounds like something you've heard before, but that couldn't be further from the truth in reality. I can't quite put into words the significance of the story in this to someone who would be considering this purchase or playthrough. It may be because there's nothing immediate to compare it to in gaming? I don't know, but something about this game is just touching, emotionally and mentally. The tale forces you to think about what could happen to Ellie if this or that went wrong, what could happen to every little object in the world and every person and city in the wake of what has happened in the game. It can bring about sadness, complete and utter heartbreak right through to light giggles (Ellie's dialogue is riddled with them) to outright outbursts of game-pausing laughter (also, mainly due to Ellie's dialogue). It can bring about fear and terror and hype as Joel forces his way to getting what he wants when he wants it when it comes to Ellie safety, the relationship develops beautifully between Ellie and Joel in a father-daughter way. The game will at some point during your playthrough, bring about every emotion you know of, I guarantee it.

From a technical standpoint, it's easily the best looking game on the PS3, a label that seems to come stuck to Naughty Dog like a watermark recently. The lighting is perfect, the textures are excellent and the motions, physics and mechanics in the gameplay are second to none. Voice acting is like something stripped out of a Pixar movie, a dark, morbid Pixar movie to put it awkwardly accurately. Gameplay is smooth and fluid, the gunplay and combat is polished and creative, the weapons you can create and customise/improve are simple and easy to follow, yet superbly detailed. The cutscenes are something you'd expect from a story-based game of this level, if I told you I was surprised by the motion-capture technology used in this game and the beauty of the cutscenes, I'd be lying. Just because I expected them, doesn't mean they don't amaze me. The world looks stunning as well alongside playing brilliantly, obstacles occasionally difficult to follow, yet it keeps the same mechanics so as to keep the gameplay familiar and non-too confusing, but you can make of this what you wish. Back to the main point, the world and the environments look amazing, sublimely crafted and thought up, aesthetically, it's perfect.

The one gripe I have about the game on a serious note, is how the AI interacts with your partner(s). It doesn't, not when in sneaky-sneaky mode anyway. You could be hiding from Hunters, Runners, Clickers, Soldiers and all of a sudden, your buddy is standing in the middle of the hallway in plain sight of the bad guy, and yet they don't acknowledge their existence. While this doesn't happen often at all, it almost certainly will at some point. On a less serious gripe, the game ends too early and for me leaves too much out for me to be perfectly satisfied. You seem to jump from one place to another without taking into account this really important place that you'd have to go to first, places that could've been added to the story to add even more to the game. But then one could make the argument about whether this would make the game tedious and boring through having too much content in the game. But, that's just what I'd have liked to see.

Overall, the game is perfect. I'm afraid to say that it's better than Red Dead Redemption or The Walking Dead, but for me, I think it's worthy of that title on a personal note. Full 10/10.
  72. Aug 19, 2013
    Naughty Dog doesn't make trash. In SCE the are best. Irrefutable proof- The Last of Us. TLoU is perfect game. I don't know what to say else. You should buy PS3 for it.
  73. Aug 19, 2013
    Let me start by prefacing this to say I don't believe this game is perfect. It has it's flaws, but giving it a perfect score doesn't mean that it's perfect, rather that I just couldn't add anything else to it, within reason, to make it even better.

This game has a superb story, as long as you like apocalyptic games. It is appropriate for the setting and is not as predictable as many
    imply. It's not simply a rehash of a zombie game.

It has about the best graphics you can find on a PS3 game. Some people complain about it having no 1080p support, but that's irrelevant. Getting it to render at a higher resolution than 720p would mean losing detail given that rendering power is limited. Environments are lifelike and they look like an art masterpiece.

Animation is beautifully done, as well as voice acting. They match like you couldn't believe it. You'll feel like the characters are real.

Game-play is completely appropriate to the setting, it feels and behaves like the person handling the gun isn't a gun expert, and it should feel like that, even if it can feel frustrating some times. It feels intended, especially considering the amount of thought that went into the other areas.

I could go on and on regarding the other aspects. However, in the end this game isn't about providing the best mechanics or game-play you can find, there are other games for that. It's about delivering a best-in-class cinematic experience, and if you can accept that, this will probably be one of the best games you've ever played.

I bought a PS3 for this game, and this game only, and I'm keeping it to be able to relive this experience in the future.
  74. Aug 20, 2013
    The game is the best zombie game I've played The game is simply amazing There are few bad things about it thought Since everyone else is hailing this game i'll point out some of the flaws The Multiplayer can be fun but there are some balance issues. The single player is mostly awesome but there are few sections that can be a bit boring and there are some parts which are impossible to not get detected The ending is I'll just shut up than Well no game is flawless so 10 Expand
  75. Aug 20, 2013
    I have been a Sony fanboy since the launch of the ps2. I loved my PS2 when I got it, from tony hawk to ratchet and clank and let's not forget Jak and Daxter. So when the time came for the ps3 I was beyond excited. But honestly there was never really anything that made me feel I needed to buy one. Not until Uncharted 3 which is when I decided to get one. After that I didn't really know what to get other than old games I wanted to play but never did, but then there was The Last of Us. Not only is it a great game, but it makes you feel great to call yourself a gamer, Naughty Dog really know how to make a game that is thank you to their fans. From gameplay, to story, yo acting this game has it all! I can't recommend it enough! It makes me happy to call myself a Sony fanboy! Expand
  76. Aug 21, 2013
    Easily my favourite game and my game of the year for this year and also my third favourite game of all time just getting bumped out by the walking dead and skyrim
  77. Dec 15, 2013
    The storyline for this game is amazing and I loved it! The multilayer is ok but, not the best, it needs zombies it's a damn ZOMBIE GAME for crying out loud!!!!!
  78. Aug 22, 2013
    This game is perfect, my only complaint is the load time. The graphics, gameplay, weapons, voice acting, the reality are all phenomenal. Everytime you face a clicker it has the intensity of starting WW3. The game keeps you so in depth that you lose track of time and you just don't want to stop.
    Very excited for multiplayer but trying to restrict myself to singleplayer so i can get the
    most out of it. Expand
  79. Aug 22, 2013
    Sorry for my English, I'm from Poland.

A lot of producents thinks "Maybe we give new engine and that game will be the best", No. The Last Of Us have something, what other games never had climate in game. Without story that game will be have 6/10.

IT IS THE BEST GAME FOR PS3 EVER. AND THAT'S ALL.
  80. Jan 29, 2014
    By the time I had put down the controller, I felt a degree of satisfaction I haven't gotten from a game in a long time.

Naughty Dog's "The Last of Us" was released as a PlayStation 3 exclusive back in spring 2013, but I would have believed it if someone told me it came out today. The game looks beautiful, and does a great job in appearing almost realistic. The cinematics are an ever
    further step, with amazing facial designs and lighting effects. These characters really do come to life. The environments are well designed, with a lot of attention to detail. Every nook and cranny is fully explore-able, and often has a goody or two in the form of resources, collectibles, and notes. It's clear that a lot of love and care went into this game. Even without anything to pick up, exploring the areas in it of itself is exciting. Walking into a side room to find a skeleton cowering in the corner puts dark images in your head. Writings on the walls and destruction of objects continue to add to the ambiance. The anticipation and dread of finding out what's on the other side of a door is enough to send shivers down your spine.

The enemies are well designed too. Seeing a man with his head split in half while he hobbles towards you is horrifying too say the least. Alerting a horde of them by mistake is frightening, and the panic they cause you is genuine. Thankfully, no two zombies look the same. They all have different clothes, and more importantly, differently mangled and distorted bodies. Most notable is the head, which could still look normal and intact, or it could be a disgusting mess of fungus and blood. It's a very big relief , since fighting the same enemy over and over again can be a major drag. The human enemies look great as well, but they just can't compare to the sight of a clicker running right at you.

My first impressions of the game, however, were not that great. Without a doubt, the weakest part of The Last of Us is the mechanics. During the first hour or two, that becomes very apparent.There are some great moments when you feel really tense and excited, but those don't come until much later. Shooting is not the smoothest, especially since the early gun is not very good. However, it does improve, and you continue to find more weapons, which helps to freshen up the combat and keep it from feeling repetitive. It also took a while for me to get the hang of the stealth system, and I often found myself wishing it was more like Hitman's. I really was not hooked during the opening hours. I wasn't having fun going down these very linear segments with what I felt was a broken stealth system. After all, why even bother sneaking when you can just rush the enemy and beat them down? I also didn't see what made this game so special. It seemed like just another zombie apocalypse game, which I am pretty sick of these days. Luckily, the game finally picked up once you started to meet more characters and the game opened up a little bit. The levels themselves are still linear, but there's plenty of extra space to explore, which is one of the game's greatest strengths. The stealth also grew on me quite substantially, and never really caused me much problem afterwards.

It's pretty obvious that the narrative is the high point of the game. The voice actors deserve credit because they all did a fantastic job. It was a movie-like quality performance by each one, especially Troy Baker as Joel. The story really was what made me keep playing. I wanted to see more of the world, read about what happened to the previous inhabitants, and learn more about the outbreak. On the surface, yes, it is just another clichéd zombie story that we've all heard a million times. But as you dive deeper, you see that Naughty Dog does so much more with it. They know exactly how to make you feel the characters's pain, and they don't pull their punches. It's truly some of the greatest writing in a video game.

My final point is about the experience as a whole. Some people might argue that it is more of a movie than a game, and even that simply watching the cutscenes provides the same experience. They could not be more wrong. The only real way to fully enjoy The Last of Us is by playing it. A movie equivalent would not be the same. By playing it, you are enabled to create a special connection to the characters, one that cannot be replicated by simply watching alone. The game may be presentation heavy, but it is still a game at it's core.

In short, The Last of Us is a phenomenal game that really should be played by anyone who can. I went in with expectations that it would be overrated, but it really is something special. Do not hesitate to pick this one up.
  81. Aug 25, 2013
    This game is perfect. The story is as engrossing and compelling as the best TV series and books and the simple interface reflects perfectly the setting of the game and the atmosphere within which you are consumed. Phenomenal game. Buy a console if you have to just to play this game.
  82. Aug 29, 2013
    muy buen juego, sin duda el mejor de su generación, por lejos vale la pena jugarlo les recomiendo probarlo y sin duda es lo mejor en este momento para esta consola, vamos denle los botos!!!.
  83. Aug 31, 2013
    seriously? the universal praise on this is baffling. great story and visuals crippled by cheap play mechanic one hit kills. no thank you. keep your boxy, repetitive environments. this is little more than pac man hiding under layers of sheen (stunted, grim, cliched post apocalyptic sheen)
  84. Sep 1, 2013
    A wonderful adventure with a compelling attitude! You'll be driven from start to finish with the awesome gameplay, and intense cinematic's! If you loved the Uncharted series, then this game is right up your alley bringing full ammunition of fun and excitement!
  85. Sep 2, 2013
    9.7/10. A game being my favorite really just depends on my mood and what I want from a game at a given time, but right now, TLOU is my favorite game, bar none. The combat mechanics are a bit shaky, true, but I didn't buy this game and start playing it for a shoot-em-up style. The character writing is fantastic. The game is very linear but it doesn't feel that way, because you're often left to consider what you need to do next. The relationship between Joel and Ellie, and the world that they're traveling through, is beautiful. The storywriting and setting are stunning. I don't know what it is, but seeing civilization break down and become overgrown and largely back-to-nature once more is beautiful.

And then there's Ellie. I wouldn't call it a character-crush, but rather almost a fatherly affection. She is living example that the state of affairs in the world doesn't ruin everyone; Ellie is basically untouched by what is happening around her, and you very much feel the need to protect her (and her innocence) and keep her safe. And it's quite sad, in a way, to watch her become more accustomed to the world. Not to mention, she (along with Joel of course) is quite well written.

The game was short, and does not have much replay-ability, but I'm on my second playthrough simply because I enjoy walking around and seeing the setting so much.

I understand that there are nitpicks about the gameplay that turn people off the game, and they're entitled to that, but I believe that the game was certainly worth its hype. You can't quite put a finger on how perfect it is.
  86. Sep 2, 2013
    Im sorry but if anyone has any negative feelings about this game really do need to give their head, The Last Of Us is the best console game I have ever played.
  87. Sep 2, 2013
    Esse jogo simplesmente perfeito, jogo vídeo game desde o início da década de 90, já vi várias obras primas no mundo dos games, mas The Last Of Us conseguiu me surpreender e trouxe de volta a emoção de jogar um Survival Horror de primeira grandeza. Perfect Game, no words!!!
  88. Jan 14, 2014
    Naughty Dog makes good games. Really good games. The Last of Us premise sounded fairly basic, and not something I usually go for: post-apocalyptic zombies vs regular people. Of course, they had a new twist--the zombies were victims of a fungal brain infection. Still not enough I would likely have tried it ... Except these are the people who made the Uncharted games.

Graphics:
    Gorgeous.
    A dirty, post-apocalyptic world never looked so good. Seriously, the shadows and reflections are stunning.

Story:
    Let's just say I was still thinking about the ending days later. The characters are fully realized, with unique and compelling personalities, true to themselves. Both protagonists have moments when you might not even like them, but you always kind of love them. You feel them. Especially, Ellie, who is surprisingly sassy.

Gameplay:
    Heavy focus on stealth, with plenty of combat and a few environmental puzzles, though nothing as deep as Uncharted. Everything performs so smoothly the control scheme disappears. You can almost forget you're playing a game.

Because resources like ammo are scarce, you're always trying to deal with or avoid enemies in quiet ways without alerting them. Like silent takedowns, which are a real pleasure, and take just long enough to make you nervous someone's buddy will spot you doing it.

There are also some upgrades available, both to your character, and even more fun, to your individual weapons. You can increase the clip capacity, reload speed, and so forth. A system that carries over into Newgame +, which I actually tried out a bit just to continue enjoying the enhancement system.

Overall 10/10
  89. Dec 25, 2013
    I'd say this game is a masterpiece, and I'd accept the critique. But I won't. This isn't a game. It's an experience.
    The Last of Us is out of this world. Number one ever. My favorite game of all times. It's just so incredible. I can't put my feelings into words.
  90. Sep 22, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I really don't understand why this game gets so much praise, sure it's fun, but the characters and especially the ending is just so stupid! Sure, I get what's going on in the story, but it's all been said before, it's a zombie apocalypse, nothing special.
    As for the characters, I hated them all, Joel was boring, Ellie was close to make me care about her, but didn't really pull at any of my heartstrings.
    And now the part that gives the game such a low score: The ending.
    Okay, after killing thousands of innocent people, Joel gets Ellie (who is immune to the virus) to the Fireflies (the people who are working on a cure), when he realizes that giving Ellie to the Fireflies will end up killing her for the sake of humanity, he grabs an assault rifle and kills everyone in the hospital, and when the leader of the Fireflies tries to make him reason, he pulls a pistol out nowhere and shoots her! Why?! When they give you plenty of choices during the game, why don't we get a choice here?! I wanted to save humanity, but nope, the developers tried their best to make an unappealing story for me.
    And the very end is either a cliffhanger or doesn't make sense, because Joel asks Ellie to never speak of what happened, and end on Ellie saying "yes". So Joel got away with killing a bunch of innocent people? How stupid is that?!
    While I can see why people like this game, it's just not for me, call me a hipster, but it won't change the fact that I think this game was only average.
  91. Sep 27, 2013
    Was top contender for GOTY until gta 5 crushed it's hopes. Just unlucky timing ND. And honestly the story isn't anything new. Father loses his daughter, grows colder, finds another little girl, cold to her at first, grows attached to her, eventually sees her as his own... Basically a polished God of War 3 relationship between Kratos and Pandora. Js
  92. Dec 30, 2013
    Sensational !......I just created an account to give my feedback on this game. I will rather describe this in few words than a long review.
    Sensational/ Outstanding/ master of masterpieces/ Amazing Awesome.
  93. Dec 18, 2013
    Is the Last of Us a good game? No, it's a fantastic game. Graphics are good, gameplay is good and cinemathics are even better. So why do I rate it a six?
    Because I continue to have new bugs popping up, which is not normal for a game which is out for more than half a year.
    At 50% of the game, I got a black screen that didn't move on after the initial "the last of us" startup screen. After
    4 retries and a playstation software update it worked again. At 60% of the game, a cinematic didn't work properly so had to skip it. At 85% of the game new cinematic that didn't work properly and crashed my ps3. After restart I could only get past it after skipping the movie. Shortly after, new cinematic which didn't work and since than after starting up the game it halts at either 0 or 15% of the game being loaded. So now again online to find a fix for it, real bummer cus the game is for the rest superb. Expand
  94. Oct 22, 2013
    A good game, but probably would've made a better movie...
    Not a lot of detail needs to go into the pros and cons of this one.
    PROS:
    +The story. The story is at par in my opinion as one of the greatest stories ever told by a video game.
    +The characters. The main characters are real; they are morally questionable but overall lovable, and the villains are hateful disgusting people who you
    wish nothing but ill will upon.
    CONS:
    -Rather predictable; you know who is going to die the second you lay eyes on the poor sucker.
    -Doesn't tell you where to go so you'll be stumbling in the dark for longer than you should.
    -Some points can seem repetitive like a lot of story only games.
  95. Mar 13, 2014
    Is surprising the awesomeness of this game. The characters, the plot, the gameplay, the graphics, the scenario and all in this game are great. Worth every single penny that you spend in this game. The Last of Us is a masterpiece!
  96. Nov 20, 2013
    Un juego increíble, la trama te enganchará desde el primer minuto hasta el último, el modo historia dura mas de 15 horas, con una jugabilidad excepcional, te enganchará, va mas allá de lo que prometía, el doblaje esta genial, los gráficos son excelentes, los escenarios tan inmensos para poder indagar de casa en casa, para poder investigar, descubrir, tiene momentos de mucha tensión y mas de una vez te llevarás algún susto, una vez mas los creadores de Uncharted vuelven a sorprenderme con un juego exquisito y que pone el broche de oro al catalogo de Playstation 3, compra obligada, juego fascinante, totalmente recomendado. No te arrepentirás. Expand
  97. Dec 3, 2013
    i had mixed emotions buying this game, was it going to be like some other games being overrated and completely thank god it wasn't, in fact this game lived up to all the rants and even went beyond. its story telling was brilliant and even left me with emotional scars which may never heal...(spoiler) and that was in the first 15 minutes of the game. everything else that follows is just a masterpiece that has to be witnessed by all.
    10/10 would 100% recommend
  98. Dec 4, 2013
    By far, the best game of this generation. The Last Of Us provides a gripping story with very realistic and likable characters.
    One really thing that really sets The Last Of Us apart from Naughty Dogs past creations, is The Last Of Us Use of grotesque violence. But is enjoyable and satisfying every step of the way.

Anyways, shut up, take out your wallet, and buy this game!
  99. Dec 17, 2013
    I'm one of those people who got TLOU expecting a masterpiece to be remembered for years, but found myself unable to connect to the Feelings so many others seem to have. It's not a bad game, but it's far from "the best game ever", as some call it. Let me explain.

The prologue (the first playable sequence) showed a lot of promise. The story was very well presented, there were interactable
    objects all over the house that told me a bit more about the characters,and there were some calm, emotionally touching moments followed by the very exciting intro to the "Zombie apocalypse" scenario.

Sadly, the intro was the best part of the game. The story then very abruptly changed to a point in time 20 years later with little explanation of what happened in the meantime, and the story "evolved" to a rather predictable relay race from one zombie-infested location to the next. Maybe others didn't find it as predictable, but I've watched and played a lot of zombie apocalypse scenarios since they became popular (the reason Ellie is special and needs to be saved has been done before, as well), and once you understand that the designers intend for you to keep sneaking or shooting your way past more and more clusters of infected with little to no meaningful human interaction in between, it's hard to be drawn in emotionally.

There were no more interactive objects apart from occasional notes to pick up and read. Other characters can't be talked to apart from strictly scripted and linear FMVs (and in those, you can't even choose what answer you want to give), all those other survivors in the first location are just background decoration. The secondary main character remains a stranger for the most part, and you can't make any meaningful decisions that influence the story. The game is extremely linear. I had expected something more along the lines of The Walking Dead (by Telltale), whose story is 10 times more emotionally touching and exciting with the difficult decisions it forces you to make. Rather than just excuses to send more hordes of zombies at you at the next stop of the pre-determined relay race.

I'm someone who cries very easily, even when reading books, but I absolutely cannot relate to the people who claim The Last of Us made them cry. There just wasn't enough story in between the linear zombie human soldier mashing for me to care about the characters.

As for the gameplay, it isn't bad, but both the sneaking and melee shooting have been done better, by far. Enemies don't see you behind knee-high boxes, in full daylight, when they are one meter away, and the friendly NPCs with their awkward pathing run right into hordes of opponents (while you are carefully sneaking around) without being noticed. That is, if they're not blocking your way. Some help they are! Sneaking generally works well, but after the xth large group of clickers spread over multiple rooms it gets dull, it's not a challenge, just takes a long time because you need to move very slowly. Ammo is too limited for shooting to be a permanent alternative, so you're forced to sneak. Melee isn't always an alternative either, as clickers will grab and instakill you if you don't kill them with the first melee hit. Deus Ex Human Revoution shows how sneaking and shooting can blend together well in a single game (and how to make sneaking fun), the same isn't true here.

The graphics are decent. Nothing world-shaking as some would have you believe, the FMVs are however very well done, with facial expressions that come close to Heavy Rain's quality.

In a nutshell:

-Story has been done MUCH better (The Walking Dead, Deus Ex HR, Heavy Rain etc). Extremely linear, no meaningful decisions, only a few randomly scattered notes to read apart from fully scripted FMVs.
    -Sneaking was done better by the Thief series 10+ years ago, as well as others
    -Shooter friends will be disappointed by the lack of ammo and forced to sneak
    -Gameplay gets very repetitive, very small number of different infected and the same 2 or so types of human soldiers.

I'd like to mention something that was truly "great" but nothing comes to mind. It's not a bad game, it was fun, though without any chair-gripping excitement or truly memorable moments. I'd recommend it at a reduced price, without high expectations.
  100. Aug 13, 2014
    Ah finally a game that simulates/plays a survival horror/adventuresque post-apocaly.....wait....this has been done before....but not quite as good looking, The Last of Us is essentially a lovechild of Resi 4/ Uncharted/Metal Gear/The Road and I AM LEGEND....Sounds great on paper but just doesn't give you the big hype reaction you were hoping especially on it's PS4 Revival, Humanity has been hit hard by the Cordyceps Fungus infecting Human hosts and turning them into the usual BS of some sort of infected man eating fungus zombie hybrid, in comes Joel... A tragedy and years of survival against the infected have made Joel into Battle Hardened Bear Grylls minus the camera crew, fortunately Joel is very likeable an despite his cold Solid Snake killing skills he is a pretty good guy... he almost takes as much damage as wolverine in this story which is crazy....until you meet certain enemies... see the games enemies are Humans who are armed like gears of war characters, Infected Humans who haven't turned fully but still have a serious killer instinct and Metal Gear Extreme difficulty vision which is really irritating especially when the Stealth sections start, also we have Clickers and Bloaters... Clickers are humans that have been overtaken by the Fungus and do not have any sight but instead rely on hearing you creep around seriously any movement and your screwed and especially in tight spots the enemies can come in all varieties and quickly over power you causing a brutal and cheap death, the infected humans barrage you like flies on poo and then sometimes the clickers do instant kills seriously it gets old very quickly and even if your not moving sometimes the clickers just kill you anyway it's like hey screw it I cant see you but I'm gonna eat you anyway! Then we have the Bloaters.... Best way to describe them is like the Tank Zombies in left for dead except these guys take tons of damage before they die and can see you any way and throw these like fungus bombs at you alerting all other enemies in the vicinity! However you only see a couple throughout the whole campaign so that can be forgiven, in comes Ellie, she is basically a rip off of Ellen Page.. but she's ok an only a couple of times does she become a liability, she has a ridiculous boss battle where the boss does one hit kills which really drove me nuts! Apart from the skanky cheap deaths the game is stunning on PS3 and really has pushed the machine to the limits, the Graphics are slick and virtually flawless however some of the cut scenes are in game engine or sometimes CGI... and trigger some obscene loading times and even saving can take upto a minute....the music is awesome and the voice acting great some really nice pieces have been written in and the story is okish... sometimes the controls just don't do what you want them to do and sometimes drops you into....you guessed it an instant death! which sucks I nearly smashed my pad playing this but apart from overpowered enemies, ok chase scenes and some stupid encounters the game is pretty enjoyable the story kept me going and I really wanted to stick with Joel and Ellie and watch them succeed and their relationship grow, now throw in the PS4.... Yesus... the PS4 version has been given 60 FPS and 1080p resolution... Whoopy doo I don't care every game developer says the same crap these days 1080 bla bla our game is crap but it's in 1080p while the game does have a bit more detail than it's PS3 it's not worth shelling out for a PS4 and the updated "Remastered" game... did a game that's barely a year old really need to be Remastered? Answer.... no not really, ok so you get loads of multiplayer crap and the Left Behind DLC but if you have already bought for PS3 don't rebuy, I personally enjoyed Uncharted 2 + 3 more but if you want a great story it's worth maybe getting hold of the PS3 version but if PS4 is your only choice then go for that. Expand
  101. Sep 18, 2013
    When I say 8, I mean an 8.8/10. While I don't think this game is the most epic PS3 exclusive out there, it is am amazing game. It has great graphics, great gameplay, great story, the list goes on. While the game honestly didn't do anything new, it just does it so well. And on top of already a great game, they actually bothered to add multiplayer! As you can tell from my short sentences I love this game, then why didn't it get a 9 or 10? It's because after a while of the theme and nothing that new or innovative, it gets boring at about the half way mark. But despite that one flaw, it is a great game! Collapse

1. Sep 16, 2013
  2. Sep 10, 2013
  3. Despite the breakneck pace of the prologue, it takes quite a while for The Last of Us to pick up some speed again. However, once the cold harsh winter arrives, the action (and story) ramps up. So much so, it puts most Hollywood productions to shame. [July 2013, p.76]