The Last of Us PlayStation 3

• Publisher: SCEA
  • Release Date: Jun 14, 2013
9.1

1. Jan 27, 2016
    Games got wierd angled storyline, its about Child exploitation. I don't want to be a 40 year old with a 14 year old. The girl is hot on the box. But the old dude playing me makes me barf. Graphics are the best part. Why dont I just go outside and **** my 14 year old gf in real life? Lame story i cant follow even stoned ('be ause you gotta be down to get it man') its brainnumbing andGames got wierd angled storyline, its about Child exploitation. I don't want to be a 40 year old with a 14 year old. The girl is hot on the box. But the old dude playing me makes me barf. Graphics are the best part. Why dont I just go outside and **** my 14 year old gf in real life? Lame story i cant follow even stoned ('be ause you gotta be down to get it man') its brainnumbing and retarded. Plays like manhunt with fluid graphics. Garbage. Buy a car and pick up street meat in real life. This game is for deprived loners or an emo cutter. Expand
  2. Jan 21, 2016
    The Last Of Us is a game about characters, and how they can move a story foward with perfect understanding and making this one of the, if not, the best storyline i' ve seen in a game, everything looks so real and ridiculously stunning, Naughty Dog is amazing at creating Action-Adventure games, and they are pretty amazing at creating perfect Drama Stories too. The Last Of Us has a perfectThe Last Of Us is a game about characters, and how they can move a story foward with perfect understanding and making this one of the, if not, the best storyline i' ve seen in a game, everything looks so real and ridiculously stunning, Naughty Dog is amazing at creating Action-Adventure games, and they are pretty amazing at creating perfect Drama Stories too. The Last Of Us has a perfect Original soundtrack, an art direction that is in it's very best literally just ART, and one of the most powerful storylines i' ve ever seen and played. This is the ultimate dissever of a 10/10. Expand
  3. Jan 18, 2016
    It's hard to find a game like The last of us. It's a wonderful narrative experience that can reach your deepest part.
    The core mechanics are well implemented and the overall quality of the game it's astonishing.
    It's a videogame masterpiece that come closer to define the videogame as the 8th art.
    There's nothing more to say, buy it.
  4. Jan 13, 2016
    Best game I ever played in my entire life...no kidding. Seriously, Naughty Dog it's a great game developer and we already knew that when Crash came out, and Jak and Dexter...and then Uncharted and all. The last of Us has a great Story, one of the best possible graphics on ps3, great cast and voice direction and...that's pretty much it: THE BEST GAME OF THE PS3 AND, FOR ME, ONE OF THE BESTBest game I ever played in my entire life...no kidding. Seriously, Naughty Dog it's a great game developer and we already knew that when Crash came out, and Jak and Dexter...and then Uncharted and all. The last of Us has a great Story, one of the best possible graphics on ps3, great cast and voice direction and...that's pretty much it: THE BEST GAME OF THE PS3 AND, FOR ME, ONE OF THE BEST GAMES IN THE UNIVERSE 10/10. Expand
  5. Jan 8, 2016
    I feel that The Last of Us is overrated. The graphics and sound were both very well done, as was the story, but I found the gameplay quite repetitive and tedious. The Last of Us utilizes stealth, which functions well, but the AI isn't the best, which takes a little bit away from it. The aspect that really makes me frown upon the game is the amount of time dedicated to carrying ladders andI feel that The Last of Us is overrated. The graphics and sound were both very well done, as was the story, but I found the gameplay quite repetitive and tedious. The Last of Us utilizes stealth, which functions well, but the AI isn't the best, which takes a little bit away from it. The aspect that really makes me frown upon the game is the amount of time dedicated to carrying ladders and shoving around crates to climb over obstacles. A third of the damn game was spent lugging around heavy objects so Joel could continue on finding more crates to shove, more repetitive combat, or another boring cutscene. Naughty Dog did, however, hit the atmosphere right on the head, and come up with a fairly good story, although it's nothing revolutionary. They also did a great job with the voice acting and the game's characters in general. I might've reviewed it a little harshly, but I don't feel it quite deserves an eight. Expand
  6. Jan 7, 2016
    The last masterpiece of generation , closed with a flourish a generation , whose game but suffers from many problems of originality in his characters, you have one of the best stories of all time , the bullets have a value well overdue , definitely one of the best games ever!
  7. Jan 7, 2016
    With TLOU we stand right before the best a survival experience can reach. Decision making, supplies search, kills are perfectly tweaked to render a life-or-death experience which is essential. Some AI minor troubles and a diffuse sense of prediction of what is going to happen gameplay-wise prevent this game to have a 10. The plot is magnificent, auto-conclusive and emotional, with twistsWith TLOU we stand right before the best a survival experience can reach. Decision making, supplies search, kills are perfectly tweaked to render a life-or-death experience which is essential. Some AI minor troubles and a diffuse sense of prediction of what is going to happen gameplay-wise prevent this game to have a 10. The plot is magnificent, auto-conclusive and emotional, with twists and turns that you'll remember. All in all, an experience to never forget. Expand
  8. Jan 4, 2016
    By far the best game I have ever played, the story, characters and game play are all amazing. 15 minutes into the game and im already in tears, truly a masterpiece. You have to play this game.
  9. Dec 27, 2015
    I played it over a year after the release, was afraid I would play another overrated modern game and I was happily surprised to find that I was wrong. The game as some defaults such as some annoying (but very rare) contacts with other characters when you crouch and try to pass some monsters and I found Ellie to be too vulgar, too often. But pretty much everything else is great. One of theI played it over a year after the release, was afraid I would play another overrated modern game and I was happily surprised to find that I was wrong. The game as some defaults such as some annoying (but very rare) contacts with other characters when you crouch and try to pass some monsters and I found Ellie to be too vulgar, too often. But pretty much everything else is great. One of the best looking if not the best looking game of this console generation, the way the story evolves is very well put, there is a real sensation of survival. The game encourages stealth without impeaching you to just be a brute at times. The environments are really good, vegetation growing all over the place in major cities. Expand
  10. Dec 23, 2015
    You don't need my review to know by now that this is the best PlayStation exclusive, hands down. The beginning of the game breaks your heart and draws you in and the bond Joel develops with Ellie makes the experience that much better. If you somehow have a ps3 or ps4 and haven't played it yet, do yourself a big favor and experience it firsthand
  11. Dec 7, 2015
    A masterpiece. L A S T O F U S
  12. Nov 24, 2015
    It's a pretty good game. Not a "Citizen Kane" moment by any means, but still worth playing. It's not the greatest game of the generation, it's not even the best exclusive on the PS3. It's mechanically alright with a compelling narrative that steals the spotlight from the gameplay.
  13. Nov 18, 2015
    This game is definetly one of a kind.

This game is definetly one of a kind.

Amazing story with characters that are more human than most people in this day and age. It's an insight on what the world could be like, very good game if you like Walking Dead or are a fan of Zombie films. This game actually provides a challenge, not the big guns, lots of ammo, shoot 'em ups that consoles are in abundance of of. This game actually makes you feel like you have accomplished something great. It received alot of hype and still does, if you haven't played this title, pick it up (at a great price) now!
  14. Nov 17, 2015
    The Last of Us is one of those games that breaks new ground in gaming, such as titles like The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, GTA IV, or even Naughty Dog’s own, Uncharted 2. I don’t like spending $60.00 on games in today’s sagging economy, but I feel like I got a steal with this one and that my friends is rare. It’s a good 15 hours in length and offers one of the most riveting storiesThe Last of Us is one of those games that breaks new ground in gaming, such as titles like The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, GTA IV, or even Naughty Dog’s own, Uncharted 2. I don’t like spending $60.00 on games in today’s sagging economy, but I feel like I got a steal with this one and that my friends is rare. It’s a good 15 hours in length and offers one of the most riveting stories in gaming. The emotional depth is staggering. The gameplay offers tons of fun. The visuals are breathtaking. The characters are interesting and relatable. The voice acting is fantastic. If you haven’t played this game then you must either be living under a rock or you simply read Gamespot’s review and no one else’s. The Last of Us is a groundbreaking, incredible and wildly ambitious game that rivals some of the greatest of all time. Expand
  15. Nov 12, 2015
    Best game of the century. The story was compelling and emotionally engaging. The gameplay is beautiful and the independence it provides puts it all together.
    BEST GAME EVER, THE PERFECT GAME
  16. Nov 2, 2015
    No wonder this game won so many awards and accolades!
    Outstanding graphics, engaging (and often chilling) gameplay and story, excellent immersive action.
    Didn't just play a game, I experience it.
  17. Oct 25, 2015
    The game is a masterpiece , albeit a rather short one (took me 15 hours to finish it on normal, 17 hours with Left Behind). It feels like they kinda got lazy with the storyline, they could have added a lot more to it. Must play if you have a PS3 (in fact it would be pretty reasonable to buy one just to play Last of us).
  18. Oct 25, 2015
    An amazing game with a great story and unforgettable characters that help invest you into the beautiful scenery and atmosphere of this world, that will keep you guessing and bringing you back to it long after the credits roll.
  19. Oct 14, 2015
    My biggest fear for this game is that people will think its just another zombie game (of which there are many). This game is incredible. Graphics are very good - probably the best on the old ps3. But its the story and the characters that really set this game apart. Best storyline I have ever played in a game.
  20. Oct 13, 2015
    The word to describe The Last Of Us is, "Underwhelming." It has nothing truly memorable or of genuine substance about it. The story is uninspired and bland, the characters, (While not dull, per say,) are unlikable, the combat is shallow and derivative and Dear God, the QTES. Is this game horrendous? Absolutely not. Is it a game I would recommend buying? No. If you own the game and it makesThe word to describe The Last Of Us is, "Underwhelming." It has nothing truly memorable or of genuine substance about it. The story is uninspired and bland, the characters, (While not dull, per say,) are unlikable, the combat is shallow and derivative and Dear God, the QTES. Is this game horrendous? Absolutely not. Is it a game I would recommend buying? No. If you own the game and it makes you happy, by all means, I encourage you to continue playing it. However, if you want to take my word for it, there are many other games more worthy of your time, money and effort. Expand
  21. Oct 13, 2015
    Amazing, Perfect, Awesome, this game is this and more in every aspect Simply one of the greatest games ever.
  22. Oct 1, 2015
    Never play this game ever! Once you have played this game, you will expect more for any other game! Which makes me hard to find other great game. Undermining.
  23. Sep 18, 2015
    Is the gameplay perfect? No. Is the action polished? No. But this is the game that revived my interest in the PS and consoles in general. From replay-ability to script and cinematography, this game did what Square tried to do and utterly failed with the later FF's. It brought that initial Biohazard scare along with characters that you actually, truely rooted for. This is a gem folks.
  24. Sep 11, 2015
    THIS GAME IS A MASTERPIECE!!!!! The graphics are beautiful, the story will have its hooks into you at the very beginning, the controls and gameplay are very smooth, the animation is excellent, and the locations and sceneries are absolutely GORGEOUS. As you play you can see the relationship between Joel and Ellie begin to develop and you find yourself grown quite attached to theTHIS GAME IS A MASTERPIECE!!!!! The graphics are beautiful, the story will have its hooks into you at the very beginning, the controls and gameplay are very smooth, the animation is excellent, and the locations and sceneries are absolutely GORGEOUS. As you play you can see the relationship between Joel and Ellie begin to develop and you find yourself grown quite attached to the characters. The story is very unforgettable and has many tearjerking moments that pull at the right heartstrings, to be honest I cried a couple times. The cinematic trailers DO NOT deceive you if you haven't played his game the cinematic trailers are SHOCKINGLY very true to the actual gameplay. this game has a lot of many Easter eggs that are quite humorous when you stumble upon them. I found this game very good that I am completing this game on survivor+ mode which used to be there hardest difficulty before the update and now the hardest difficulty is grounded+. This game is AMAZING and worth every penny!!!! Expand
  25. Sep 4, 2015
    This is the first time I have ever played a game like this. It was the best game I have ever played in this genre.
    The story is very focused and well written, the main characters (Joel and Ellie) are amazing. The map is very good and the graphics are amazing.
    We are also talking about Naughty Dog (Which is the company that produced Uncharted which is also an amazing game series) so we could not expect less from a game produced by this company.
  26. Sep 2, 2015
    Now this is what i call a GAME! You people need to play this amazing and outstanding game. Story is always on the line, and gameplay is intense. What are you doing siting in your chair right now?? Go BUY THE GAME!
  27. Sep 2, 2015
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This game is a pure masterpiece. I bought a PS3 just because I wanted to play this, and I'm glad that I did. The story takes place in a post-apocalyptic USA, where a fungus has turned people into horrendous creatures called The Infected. You play as Joel, a bitter drug dealer. After saving the leader of the rebel group The Fireflies, Joel is forced to escort Ellie, a 14-year old teenager, to The Fireflies´s safe house. At first, Joel doesn't want to "babysit" Ellie, but soon they create a friendship. The road to the safe house is dangerous. Joel and Ellie will encounter bandits, police forces and of course, The Infected. There are four types of stages and infected:

Runners (the first stage) - Infected humans who is very fast.
    Stalkers (the second stage) - A creature with the speed of a runner and the deadliness of a Clicker.
    Clickers (the third stage) - A strong creature blinded by the fungus on its head, but hears sound really good and are extremely deadly. If you get caught by them, you die instantly.
    Bloaters (the fourth and final stage) - An extremely strong creature which can absorb damage very well. If you get caught by them, you die instantly.

This game is focused around stealth, so you can, for most of the time, kill your enemies silently by strangle them. The melee combat is very brutal. Joel will slam people against the wall, punch them in the stomach and face and stomp them. He can also throw bricks and glass bottles to stun his enemies. You can shoot your enemies, but I would recommend to do it in emergencies only. Ellie is one of the best AIs I've seen. She yells at Joel to look out when enemies gets nearby and she helps him in melee combat. The Last Of Us´s post-apocalyptic world is a joy too look at. Instead of the traditional wasteland, Naughty Dogs has made destroyed cities with trees growing out of it. I definitely recommend this game for all PS3/PS4 (TLOU remastered) owners.
  28. Aug 30, 2015
    The Last of Us
    Master Piece
    The Last of Us is an Action Adventure Survival Horror game that tells the story of Joel and Ellie. The United States has been reclaimed by Mother Nature and a fungus has taken over human brains. You spend the game getting over every obstacle the world throws at you. The World in the last of us is honestly the most well-crafted game world I’ve ever
    The Last of Us
    Master Piece
    You spend the game getting over every obstacle the world throws at you.
    The World in the last of us is honestly the most well-crafted game world I’ve ever experienced.
    So is the actual game play and the way you interact with the world.
    Really as a game in general, this is perfection, the new standard.
    The world crumbles and breaks around, there’s constant banter and communication between, Joel, ellie, and the other characters you meet along your journey.
    Every character and dialog is so perfectly written.
    They all have their own personality and flavor to them.
    The constant back and forth with conversation and interactions with the world really brings the game to life in a way I’ve never experienced before.
    It feels so refreshingly organic.
    I can’t imagine being okay with anything less in the future from AAA developers.
    The gameplay is fluent, fun, and addictive.
    Though the last of us does a pretty great job of hiding it, at its heart this is a survival horror game, so as you should expect, there are plenty of stressful situations you’ll find yourself in.
    Lucky for you, the crumbling world is at your disposal to ease your stress a bit.
    There’s Is a crafting system in the game, and I know the word crafting can be overwhelming to many, as it is for me, but the crafting is insanely simple, there are only about 5 or so ingredients scattered around for you to pick up to create health kits, bombs, and weapon mods, and all you have to do to craft is hold x.
    Also scattered around are gears you can use at a tool bench to increase the stats on the weapons you’ll gradually find throughout the game.
    But back to the actual execution.
    You can play the last of us in any way you see fit.
    You can stealth your way through slowly, using your enhanced listening skill to spot enemies locations, and slowly sneak up behind them to take them out, or you can run and gun your way through a section mowing everyone down.
    Stealth is always your better option if you aren’t completely sure of enemy locations, otherwise you can find yourself surrounded by the insanely smart AI.
    Unlike most games, ai doesn’t just stick to a path, if they hear something, they will actively pursue you, if you get in a gun fight, they will try to flank and confuse you to try and get behind you and take you out.
    Luckily for you, you have a beast of a sidekick and ellie to help you out of some pretty close calls.
    Thankfully, encounters with enemies is not constant, you frequently get some much needed downtime to scavenge and let your heart settle back into your chest.
    So while the stress is definitely here in the last of us, it is in short bursts to prevent the game from feeling like a chore or a grind.
    The last of us will really take you everywhere.
    Through buildings, through water, the forest, museums, there’s a great adventure and a beautiful world waiting for you to get lost in and conquer.

After you are done with the games story, you can restart on a new game + or play it’s online multiplayer where you’re pinned up against hunters or fire flies to either interrogate the opposite team to find their lock box or eliminate the other team completely to win the game
    all 3 modes are equally addictive and work the same as single player
    you start out with your customizable perk load out and you scavenge supplies if you choose to do so to further equip your character
    While I personally thought the story in the last of us got weaker and weaker as the game went on, I still can’t deny the fact that the last of us is gameplay and game design perfection from beginning all the way til the end.
    It doesn’t let up, it doesn’t get lazy.
    I’m not a fan of survival horror games, but the last of us has just become my exception.

Survival Horror/ Action Adventure:

Overall:
  29. Aug 18, 2015
    Simply one of the best games ever made. Clever, intriguing, exiting and touching, with a perfect mix of action, puzzles and cut scenes. Not having played this game is like not having seen the Godfather. Can't wait for the sequel.
  30. Aug 17, 2015
    This is a game worth purchasing an entire system for. I've always been a "not art" guy re: "Are videogames art?" This experience alone changed my mind completely. The Last of Us is art. You're playing **** art. Any of us could go into detail, but you need to go through this yourself and find out.
  31. Aug 11, 2015
    One the best games ever created.From the heart breaking storyline to the amazing engaging characters to the bleak heartless world the game is set in, this game is an absolute masterpiece. Well done naughty dog.
  32. Aug 4, 2015
    One of the best games of the world. Story, Gameplay is perfect. Everybody will love to play this game. For PS3 the grafics are awesome!
    Looking forward to see more games like this. I hoope thay will create a last of us 2, this will be asewome!
  33. Aug 3, 2015
    This game gonna give you a cry challenge (tries not to cry), this game gonna make you feel so different (still tries), This game maybe the best game on earth (still tries but some tears comes), why this game has to end God why did you do this to us ! (lies down and cries a lot).
  34. Aug 3, 2015
    The Last of Us is an interactive cinematic experience that incorporates the excitement of 28 Days Later with the gameplay of Metal Gear Solid. The characters are believable and wonderfully voice acted. The controls are innovative. The plot is logical and thrilling. The graphics are are near-realistic. It is a wonderful game that should used as a benchmark for developers that want toThe Last of Us is an interactive cinematic experience that incorporates the excitement of 28 Days Later with the gameplay of Metal Gear Solid. The characters are believable and wonderfully voice acted. The controls are innovative. The plot is logical and thrilling. The graphics are are near-realistic. It is a wonderful game that should used as a benchmark for developers that want to develop single player campaigns

There are only a few problems with the game, but are forgivable. The primary offense is the cooperative AI can sometimes get in the way, and do not attract normal enemies. The friendly AI appear to be attacked only by scripted enemies. There also are occasional graphical errors and enemy line of sight inconsistencies.

This is one of the best games of all time and I highly recommend it.
  35. Aug 1, 2015
    Wow... this game will leave gamers speechless as well as wanting a sequel.. Quickly! The Last of Us may have the most engaging storyline of any recent games or for that matter any games of all time, because it drags you in and makes you feel like your on the journey along with Joel and Ellie. It makes you filled with emotions, when they have certain emotions and certain parts of the game.Wow... this game will leave gamers speechless as well as wanting a sequel.. Quickly! The Last of Us may have the most engaging storyline of any recent games or for that matter any games of all time, because it drags you in and makes you feel like your on the journey along with Joel and Ellie. It makes you filled with emotions, when they have certain emotions and certain parts of the game. Not only is the story epic and beautifully written, but the controls are fluid and the combat is well polished to make this game feel like a true survival horror game. The graphics are stellar, and the sound is top notch as you continue to venture into this deep game and experience bit by bit. Every location in this game is distinct and well designed and each location challenges you into changing your play style. You can be stealthy or you can run and gun, but in the end this game is well polished in every aspect and that is why this may very well be the best PlayStation exclusive.. heck possibly the best PS3 game of all time! Pick this game up if y ou truly are a gamer... cause if you don't you're really missing out on one of the best games ever made! Expand
  36. Jul 30, 2015
    First game in the history of games where you're not tempted to skip the dialogue ever. My whole house gathered around to watch me play this because it is literally as good as a movie. The dialogue is believable, the story riveting, and the visuals and facial animations best in class. The gameplay is also fantastic. You can tackle enemies in many different ways; you can charge in with aFirst game in the history of games where you're not tempted to skip the dialogue ever. My whole house gathered around to watch me play this because it is literally as good as a movie. The dialogue is believable, the story riveting, and the visuals and facial animations best in class. The gameplay is also fantastic. You can tackle enemies in many different ways; you can charge in with a flamethrower (awesome) or carefully plan and stealthfully take out enemies one by one from the shadows (awesomer). This game redefines games and sets a new bar when it comes to storytelling in this medium. Expand
  37. Jul 26, 2015
    sta shier--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  38. Jul 9, 2015
    The best gaming can currently offer, and it will the best for many games to come. It has set a new standard as far as story telling goes, and as you play it you develop a real sense of emotion and attachment towards the characters in the game. There's zero throwaway characters and zero dull moments in the story. As far as the gameplay goes it's a perfect survival game, you can decideThe best gaming can currently offer, and it will the best for many games to come. It has set a new standard as far as story telling goes, and as you play it you develop a real sense of emotion and attachment towards the characters in the game. There's zero throwaway characters and zero dull moments in the story. As far as the gameplay goes it's a perfect survival game, you can decide whether you'll go in gun blazing, or of course the safer and more popular choice, be stealthy. Take down your targets slowly and manage to progress to the next stage. Combat in this game is absolutely incredible, and in my opinion is one of the absolutely BEST combat in recent video games. Every time you throw a punch you feel it go through your body with the amazing sound effects. Enemies will pull you off tables, you'll be dodging and weaving as you slam them in the wall, or throw them on the ground and stomp them, all without the use of the much hated QTE. I mentioned amazing sound effects and they really bring this game on another level. The clickers sound incredible, making you shudder every time you hear them, punches really sound like punches and guns are also done perfectly. Besides combat there's also crafting, which you will find extremely useful, crafting nail bombs, smoke bombs, molotovs, health kits and upgrading your weapon with the items you find scattered on the ground. You can either go a linear path or lock pick hidden areas, and be able to overpower your enemies that way. As you get forward in the story the game gives you a sense of progression with new guns you'll get, and also allows you to play as Ellie at a few points, which is absolutely amazing, as you figure out that's she's not just a damsel in distress but rather a strong girl who fights for herself and for anyone near to her hearth (in this case you.), and you develop an even bigger sense of attachment to her. As for Joel the opening sequence is enough for you to understand what he went through at the start of the apocalypse, and why he is who he is in the story. There's zero gaps in the story, as even the reason why people got infected is explained through a fungus that grows in insects in real life. No matter how hard I looked, I simply couldn't find a thing wrong with this game. The only thing that gets close to being bad is the ladders, but since they add a great sense of gameplay and progression i surely can't take away a point for that, so this game is a 10/10. It's perfect. Expand
  39. Jul 4, 2015
    Naughty Dog did it again. They created an amazing game with amazing, story, characters, setting and gameplay. No bad words for this game and I played through numerous times. The story is probably the best in any video game I've ever played. So thrilling!

10/10 no question. You can always trust on Naughty Dog to make quality games! (I played this when it came out, I'm just now writing

10/10 no question. You can always trust on Naughty Dog to make quality games!

(I played this when it came out, I'm just now writing the review)
  40. Jun 30, 2015
    To all the people that claim "The Last Of Us" is not at all worth the time to play or that it didn't "live up to the hype", take a breather. You clearly went into playing this game with the wrong mindset. You played the game for the sake of playing it, i.e. to finish it and put it on your shelf filed under "Games I Played For The Sake Of Playing". That was a mistake.

To those that went

To those that went through the game and enjoyed it and rated the game so highly did so purely because they didn't race through the game. We took the time to indulge in the developer's penchant for creating a story not only worth telling, but for the player to experience. A world worth taking your time in. Characters worth listening to. If you played this game only to finish it and to not bother with again because you felt compelled to see what the hype was all about, then you could very well knock a few points off the score and berate the game's flaws (yes, I love the game but even I know the flaws are woefully apparent). But play through, I mean - experience - it again and you'll see this is a game far beyond a cover shooter or stealth game or a game reliant on choice. Having said that, the gamers that have compared this game to Telltale's masterpiece "The Walking Dead" shouldn't be so hasty. That is the most inaccurate comparison. The two games differ not only in tone, but characters, too. As well as narrative and setting. And comparing the Infected to Zombies? Please. Check the facts beforehand.

To say "The Last Of Us" transcends its medium is a bit of a push. But this is a great game. From the shocking intro (whine all you want about the pace, the game was designed that way) to the climactic ending and all that happens in-between is a testament to when developers care about a game, great results can be achieved.

This is Naughty Dog's finest game yet.
  41. Jun 25, 2015
    There is no doubt this is a good game. The graphics are good, the engine is solid and the story is interesting. The gameplay is tense and fun, reminiscent of Gears or any other well executed cover based shooter. It ticks every box. However, don't expect the rush of 'feelings' so many reviewers purport to having. The story is above par, but did I get any feels? Nope. I believe the hype thisThere is no doubt this is a good game. The graphics are good, the engine is solid and the story is interesting. The gameplay is tense and fun, reminiscent of Gears or any other well executed cover based shooter. It ticks every box. However, don't expect the rush of 'feelings' so many reviewers purport to having. The story is above par, but did I get any feels? Nope. I believe the hype this gets is due to an 'emperor's new clothes' scenario.

Definitely worth playing, just don't expect the all conquering, epitome of greatness it's made out to be.
  42. Jun 12, 2015
    Honestly I love this game on a scale of 1 to 10 I give it a.... 10! I think this this game had an amazing story this game is not like other games I have ever played. I especially love the ending it was a great ending !!!! I think this is one of the greatest games I have ever played! If your looking to buy it, please do you won't regret it!!!!!!!
  43. Jun 10, 2015
    Immersion is a great way to describe this game. The story is superb and voice acting is very well done were you actually care about the characters. Plus there's zombies. The game really has the post apocalyptic feel to with the way you have to scrounge for supplies and your given so few supplies that it's really about getting through parts with the few supplies you have and making themImmersion is a great way to describe this game. The story is superb and voice acting is very well done were you actually care about the characters. Plus there's zombies. The game really has the post apocalyptic feel to with the way you have to scrounge for supplies and your given so few supplies that it's really about getting through parts with the few supplies you have and making them count. It has gotten great reviews and for good reason. Sony made a great game for the PS3 especially with the PS4 that arrived a few weeks after they managed to make a game that will make players keep playing their PS3s instead. Expand
  44. Jun 3, 2015
    A dark but beautiful world, The Last of Us delivers in a way few games can. In this review I'll be giving my opinions and ratings on the following: Gameplay, Story, Sound, Graphics, and Last Impressions. This will be summed up into a final score.

Gameplay: 10/10 - You play most of the game as Joel, an aged man more than capable of holding his own in the many life threatening scenarios

Gameplay: 10/10
    - You play most of the game as Joel, an aged man more than capable of holding his own in the many life threatening scenarios he finds himself in. The combat is violent, brutal, and heavy hitting. Fist to fist looks and plays excellent, with a weight to every punch. Tactics must be changed depending on if you're dealing with human enemies, or the infected. Stealth mechanics are very well done, and in many cases it's entirely up to you whether you fight or sneak your way through a group of enemies. There is a large amount of crafting possibilities and upgradable weapons that can be made with salvage found throughout the world.

Story: 10/10
    - This game tells a wonderful story. You really feel like you're watching an excellent movie throughout the entirety of this 15+ hour tale. The game does an excellent job of making you care about the characters you meet. The story gets more intense as you go, and finishes on a high note, with a thrilling end.

Sound: 10/10
    - Some of the best voice acting I've ever heard in a video game is done by this cast of characters. They tell a story and in the tone of their voice, you really can feel their pain. The game features and excellent and memorable soundtrack.

Graphics: 10/10
    - TLOU is a beautiful game. The world looks stunning and the game runs at a hiccup free 30fps on PS3 (60fps on PS4). Characters look real, and show expression depending on their moods or if they're in danger... or pain. Infected look terrible, in a wonderful way. The game features a wonderful mix of dark, horrifying areas and beautiful, uplifting areas.

Last Impressions:
    - If you've taken the time to read this review, you can most likely already tell that I think very highly of this game. The Last of Us is one of the best games I've ever played and tells what I think is one of the best stories ever told in a video game. Combined with excellent and exciting gameplay. The Last of Us is a must play for any PS owners and in my opinion, is one of the best games of all time.

Final Score: 10/10
  45. Jun 2, 2015
    I usually never give 10/10 to games but this is one of the best games I have played it is never boring but it also keeps up with the storyline and keeps going the acoustic guitar in the background is so absolutely beautiful and the voice acting is 10/10 like it sounds like you are really there in the action..... I recommend you buy this game even if you don't have next gen console it stillI usually never give 10/10 to games but this is one of the best games I have played it is never boring but it also keeps up with the storyline and keeps going the acoustic guitar in the background is so absolutely beautiful and the voice acting is 10/10 like it sounds like you are really there in the action..... I recommend you buy this game even if you don't have next gen console it still looks very polished and clean.... Expand
  46. May 29, 2015
    The game gets a lot of praise for it's story. Why? I don't know. It's a rather average zombie story (infected are basically zombies). For a game it's story is not terrible, but when the story is your attraction you should offer more. Gameplay is uninventive and bland. Graphics are good.
  47. May 27, 2015
    I've never owned an XBOX. I've never wanted to own an XBOX, nor have I ever played on an XBOX for longer than about fifteen minutes. And now, after finishing The Last of Us, a PlayStation exclusive, I can finally say that my devout loyalty to Sony for over ten years has been worth it. Put simply, this is the finest material released for the seventh generation of consoles. Never beforeI've never owned an XBOX. I've never wanted to own an XBOX, nor have I ever played on an XBOX for longer than about fifteen minutes. And now, after finishing The Last of Us, a PlayStation exclusive, I can finally say that my devout loyalty to Sony for over ten years has been worth it. Put simply, this is the finest material released for the seventh generation of consoles. Never before has a game managed to combine story and gameplay so flawlessly and fluently, and never before have I wanted to replay a title thirty seconds after completing the last act. The Last of Us is more than a game, it is an experience, and every single detail within it has been adjusted by Naughty Dog to ensure that it is an unforgettable one. This is all I have to say - if you play a single video game before you die, please play The Last of Us. Unmissable. Expand
  48. May 24, 2015
    Of all my reviews The Last of us/remastered is the only 10 I have given. This game is amazing. Story will keep you on the edge of your seat. I spent hours playing multiplayer which is very good and the story you play in the multiplayer is fun and keeps you on your toes.
  49. May 24, 2015
    Play this game. The story is so strong and action is awesome. Feels a bit like Uncharted with zombies with more awesome. I loved the mix of stealth and guns blazing. I loved the survival feeling of a decayed world that you need to scavenge through. I loved the character development.
    Best thing to do is just play it for yourself - you won't be disappointed.
  50. May 23, 2015
    This is one of the better games I played on my PS3. I completed it an hour ago for the first time. I took a few weekends to I guess I have played 14-15 hours. I completed it on normal. The story and the graphics are as good as Uncharted 3. In fact I really like the conventional and realistic story of The Last of Us. I like that the “Zombies” don’t take over the game. You encounter fewThis is one of the better games I played on my PS3. I completed it an hour ago for the first time. I took a few weekends to I guess I have played 14-15 hours. I completed it on normal. The story and the graphics are as good as Uncharted 3. In fact I really like the conventional and realistic story of The Last of Us. I like that the “Zombies” don’t take over the game. You encounter few and when you do they are difficult to kill. The idea of going full blast or take enemies out quietly is great. The game clearly encourages tactical moves. I love that you have to conserve you ammo and only fire where it counts and when it counts. There are of course negatives.

What I don’t like is some of the unrealistic features such as carrying a bunch of weapons. Why are not just a rifle, pistol and axe/knife enough? I also want more rounds to my pistol (realistically of course) and not a bunch of rounds divided over a range of weapons. I also want more power in the weapons. There are upgrades during the game but still and when the game you weapons are still not entirely upgraded. When I put a .45 in the head of a Zombie I want it to go down.
    I also don’t like those big unrealistic zombies which fire some kind of gas bombs. I don’t understand why these were included. Most of the maps feel just too enclosed. It feels like you walk from “room to room” even when you are outside. It does not have to be an “open world” but there are so many games out there which are able to create “massiveness” when needed. I think Uncharted 3 did it well.
    I think The Last of Us is a great game because of the story. It is a PS3 classic.
  51. May 22, 2015
    I had no problem playing through this game from start to finish. However, the only reason the game was enjoyable was for its story. The relationship of Joel and Ellie and the struggles they faced throughout the game were awesome to watch and it felt like a movie. Sadly, the gameplay did not transition as well. The controls felt clunky, and the game had no survival feeling to it. TheI had no problem playing through this game from start to finish. However, the only reason the game was enjoyable was for its story. The relationship of Joel and Ellie and the struggles they faced throughout the game were awesome to watch and it felt like a movie. Sadly, the gameplay did not transition as well. The controls felt clunky, and the game had no survival feeling to it. The stealth sections were poorly done and were easily the worst part of the game. While the combat had some strategy to it, I felt no need to craft anything other than shivs and med-kits. The gameplay was just average and nothing more. Due to its boring and repetitive gameplay, the multiplayer was a borefest as well. And if you do not have a team to play with, do not play this game. It is nearly impossible to play. After playing the Uncharted series and enjoyed 2 and 3's multiplayer so much, this multiplayer was disappointing. Expand
  52. May 21, 2015
    Bardzo fajna gra, świetna grywalność. Pomimo, że jest z 2012 roku w dalszym ciągu chętnie do niej zaglądam. Sama grafika w dalszym ciągu jest ok.
  53. May 12, 2015
    The Last of Us, evokes the same emotional responses as those you may encounter in a good cenematic film. Except some individuals may feel even more involved with the characters because as a game you are the one giving them direction.
    The decisions of the operator may not change the plot points, but that doesn't seem to disconnect the audience from the story.
    The game itself may be too
    The game itself may be too challenging for beginning gamers so its best to leave it to at least an intermediate gamer.
    In addition to very detailed graphic levels, the game also features an amazing musical score that compliments the environment.
    I don't like to give out perfect scores, but this is a game that I have been requesting from developers for more than a decade and a half. 10/10.
  54. May 4, 2015
    As if I even needed to write a review for this game. Everyone else has said it already; this is one of the best games of all time. Beautiful graphics, challenging but intuitive gameplay, and a story that takes so many tropes we thought we were tired of and turns them into the most beautiful experience I've ever had in any entertainment medium, ever. You'll laugh, you'll cry, you'll fall inAs if I even needed to write a review for this game. Everyone else has said it already; this is one of the best games of all time. Beautiful graphics, challenging but intuitive gameplay, and a story that takes so many tropes we thought we were tired of and turns them into the most beautiful experience I've ever had in any entertainment medium, ever. You'll laugh, you'll cry, you'll fall in love with The Last of Us. A true modern masterpiece. Expand
  55. May 4, 2015
    Having finally picked this up, it became one of those games that I ran through in one go... sure I slept and worked in between, but from start to finish it didn't get removed from my console until I was done.

A very emotional story from the very start, this is the main thing that will pull you on through the game. The controls, especially the gunplay, are very expertly done too. I

I haven't thought this about many games of recent times, but this game verges on TOO long sometimes, but still I found myself hoping it would never end... what a paradox!

The atmosphere in the post-apocalyptic world is perfectly realised. Unlike many such games, which pit you against ghouls and zombies then introduce the perhaps more dangerous human enemies, this game turns that on its head. The enemy design is fantastic, and some levels are truly tense experiences as you try to bypass the clickers... which I won't spoil here, but they share one thing with L4D's witch - when you hear the audio cues of their proximity, you WILL tense up.

Buy it.
  56. Apr 16, 2015
    Guesssssssssss what, this is also just cuzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz i can
  57. Mar 27, 2015
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Good graphics, gameplay is lacking depth. Characters are interesting but story is nothing special. It baffles me that people are giving it 10/10. I mean what is really special about this game? It is practically a corridor shooter, RE4 has done that better this game. Expand
  58. Mar 27, 2015
    There are few games that come along that are able to combine stunning visuals, immersive worlds, engaging gameplay, impeccable writing, superb character development, meaningful collectibles, and the ability to carry those accomplishments through a well-paced and suspenseful narrative that leaves you satisfied, resolved, yet wanting more. The Last of Us achieves this, perhaps better thanThere are few games that come along that are able to combine stunning visuals, immersive worlds, engaging gameplay, impeccable writing, superb character development, meaningful collectibles, and the ability to carry those accomplishments through a well-paced and suspenseful narrative that leaves you satisfied, resolved, yet wanting more. The Last of Us achieves this, perhaps better than any game before it and it’ll be awhile until it happens again. This is all because of the masterful geniuses over at Naughty Dog, a game development studio that prides itself on the ability to create interactive stories that entertain on a whole other level. This particular game was led by Neil Druckmann and Bruce Straley whose delicate balance between movie-esque cutscenes and player control help create an ebb and flow that works flawlessly.

The Last of Us follows the relationship of Joel and Ellie as they fight for survival in a post-apocalyptic world. Joel is a middle-aged man who has become hardened by the world, while Ellie is a young fourteen year old girl who has known nothing besides the quarantine zone she has lived in her whole life. Outside the quarantine zone walls are infected humans who have become victim to Cordyceps, a real type of fungus that takes over the brain (so far only in insects, don’t freak out) and causes odd behavior. Perhaps the greater threats are the humans who are not infected, who fight for the little resources that are left in this world.
    These resources are scarce, and are what makes The Last of Us gameplay something unique, special, and fun. During my first play-through on the PlayStation 3, I played through the normal mode and searched everywhere for anything I could find, and gathered together quite a bit of supplies. But even at my highest moments I had only a couple rounds of ammo. When I returned to the game on the PlayStation 4, I opted for the hardest difficulty, Grounded, and rarely had more than a handful of bullets. This makes every encounter with any enemy tense, forcing you to be stealthy and use bricks and bottles to distract opponents one by one. No matter the difficulty, The Last of Us makes sure you know the desperation that Joel feels and the motivation he must maintain to make every shot count.

The enemies you use these resources against are exceptional as well, with AI and dialogue that make them feel human. For example, if you shoot at a hunter with no more ammo and your gun clicks, then he will shout “he’s out of ammo!” and the rest of the group will become more aggressive. If you take an enemy hostage as a human shield then the others will plead for you to let him go with surprisingly earnest and distressed inflection. This makes murder in The Last of Us feel more real than almost any other game, for you genuinely feel the weight of the death in a world with not many people left.

The other adversaries you’ll encounter are infected humans who are found in different stages of infection. Some are in the initial stages of the fungi spreading in their head, causing them to be able to see and run, yet their hearing is awful. The fungus then explodes out of their eyes, causing them to be unable to see but giving them bat-like sonar hearing. They are also a much greater threat with their bites able to kill you instantly. This balance between humans, “runners,” “Clickers,” and more make each new environment thrilling. You must strategize for each kind of encounter and constantly shift your play-style in order to adjust to the foe you face.

All of this fighting for survival takes place in a world where nature has reclaimed everything. Skyscrapers and buildings crumble as years of rain, rot, and rust slowly cause cities to decay. Grass and trees grow in the cracks and turn urban areas into lush forests. Naughty Dog’s attention to detail, use of vivid colors as well as appealing earth tones, and wonderful ambient music (composed by the gifted Gustavo Santaolalla) set the stage for every moment of survival, rest, and exploration.

Neil Druckmann’s writing is dark, authentic, and believable in every character. Out of a fear of spoiling the development of any of the characters I will simply say that Joel and Ellie are characters of tremendous depth, and each member of the accompanying cast not only inspire evolution of Joel and Ellie’s personality but also have enough complexity to stand on their own. These characters are portrayed exquisitely by extraordinarily talented actors, including Troy Baker (Joel) and Ashley Johnson (Ellie). Naughty Dog uses motion capture on a stage to capture both body movements and voice work at the same time to create a fluid and natural performance.

The Last of Us is a work of art, a work of genius, and a masterpiece that sets a very high standard for story-driven games going forward. The diligence of Naughty Dog pays off and their success is a game everyone should experience. Go play it, and make every shot count.
  59. Mar 25, 2015
    I played "The Last of Us" when it first came out, and to this day it's still my favorite game. When describing it to friends I describe the experience of playing this game as, "3 days of nonstop anxiety and sadness, and absolutely stunning" but it is really so much more than that.

The animation style was fluid and beautiful, and put you in the mindset and emotional state required to play as those characters, and to really invest yourself in the story, and it allowed you to really think, "what would I do in this situation."

I am a little bit biased towards liking stories and games like this; however. A realistic (almost to realistic story) highlighting the moral ambiguity or dubiousness of a character.

Good story, music and animation. I would recommend it to anyone who could handle it.
  60. Mar 22, 2015
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Beautifully written. One of those rare games that ACTUALLY deserve a 10. This game is a great example of how to do story right AND maintain that level to the end. Usually stories in games just are inconsistent, but not here. The gameplay part might not revolutionize gaming in general, but it does it well and it is kind of a thrilling ride.

It is also an example of how to take something cliche, like zombies/infected in general and make it original. That kind of stuff surprises you. More gems like this are needed.
  61. Mar 22, 2015
    When a game genre is getting stale, it will usually disappear forever...but not so for the survival horror games and that's all thanks to this masterpiece called The Last of Us. The story is full of suspense and emotional moments which was formerly something you'd only find in films. You can really connect to the main characters here (Joel and Ellie) which is always something that I'dWhen a game genre is getting stale, it will usually disappear forever...but not so for the survival horror games and that's all thanks to this masterpiece called The Last of Us. The story is full of suspense and emotional moments which was formerly something you'd only find in films. You can really connect to the main characters here (Joel and Ellie) which is always something that I'd appreciate. The gameplay (specifically the combat) is refreshing and the visuals surprised me in the best way possible. Get The Last of Us. Get it now. Expand
  62. Mar 19, 2015
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The Last Of Us definitely deserves the praise it has been showered with. Yes, it is the typical zombie apocalypse setting; and yes, the survival horror game play is not exactly new; but these points are missing what the game sets out to do. It sets out to be an immersive experience attempting to craft characters you want to care about. From the very beginning, the game succeeds in getting you emotionally invested. When Joel's daughter dies right in the beginning, you feel it right along with him and the feeling of loss never leaves through the game. It only intensifies as the game progresses and leaves you to question what both Joel's and Ellie's existence means to each other and because of that, you see how they both end up relying on each other to heal past emotional wounds. Essentially, their relationship becomes a reflection of Joel's father daughter relationship where Joel cares enough for Ellie to do anything to not lose her just so he doesn't have to lose his (figurative) daughter again.

The beauty of the this idea lies in the ending. All throughout the game, the theme of kill or be killed is hammered in. There is no true defining sense of what's morally right and all throughout the game all of your actions are justified: Ellie is the hope for civilization because she is immune. !!(Spoilers)!! But When Joel finds out Ellie will die from further research into her immunity, he endeavors to save her because he can't stand to lose his daughter again, despite the fact that her death may lead to the cure for humankind. This act of saving a life, usually a noble act, is turned into the biggest atrocity in the game. Bigger than the hunters who kill people for supplies and bigger than the clan of cannibals. Joel's selfish act may very well have sealed societies fate and thereby makes him the biggest monster the game has to offer. By growing with Joel you can understand his pains and why he did it. Ellie saved his life and he may feel he owes her that; but despite this, you have to feel disgusted and question whether his ultimate choice was right. Certainly these themes are not new; but regardless of that, they are presented extremely well.

The acting, the cut scenes and dialogue all are masterfully done. While the overall story and events sometimes can be predictable, this doesn't detract from the quality of how its told. Overall, the game play is tense because the balance of items and ammunition is perfect. I never felt I was in a situation where I was screwed on resources nor a situation where I had an abundance of resources. Because of this, I needed to plan on how to approach enemies just to survive without being screwing myself over. While the fighting was fun, a few non-fighting components got overused quickly. The palette ferry system for Ellie (she can't swim) got annoying after the second time it had to be done; there seemed to be no lack of conveniently placed portable ladders; and movable dumpsters for that matter. In addition to those tiresome mechanics, the maps, while beautiful and fun to explore, are entirely linear.

Overall, The Last Of Us is a clear example what a game is defined as now: interactive cinema. I'm not talking about quick time events; I'm talking about engrossing narrative cutscenes and a smart story intertwined with fantastic game play. This succeeds in both and sets the bar high for what a real game should contain.
  63. Mar 19, 2015
    The Last of Us is the greatest game to have ever been released, EVER. Within minutes the game tugs at your heart strings with a story that is one of the greatest to ever be told, EVER. The single player campaign is lengthy, but not diluted with filler. The Last of Us gives you the opportunity to play a tight third person shooter in a way that is tailored to how you want to play. YouThe Last of Us is the greatest game to have ever been released, EVER. Within minutes the game tugs at your heart strings with a story that is one of the greatest to ever be told, EVER. The single player campaign is lengthy, but not diluted with filler. The Last of Us gives you the opportunity to play a tight third person shooter in a way that is tailored to how you want to play. You can sneak around pretending to be Sam Fisher, or go in guns-a-blazin like Marcus Michael Fenix. If you own a Playstation 3 or a Playstation 4 and have not played this title, stop everything and go play this game. If you do not own a Playstation 3 or a Playstation 4, go buy one, and pick up a copy of The Last of Us, and play this game! Expand
  64. Mar 18, 2015
    A stunning and amazing game, yet I wish the trophies in the game were more easily obtainable, as well as the story, it's a little bit disappointing at times, but it completely makes up for that with every other element the game has to offer.
  65. Mar 17, 2015
    amazing game challenging yet fair. best linear story EVER! Multiplayer to me lacks though third person view in multiplayer breeds camping and the constant dlc for outfits and killing animations kind of sours the experience.
  66. Mar 6, 2015
    Love this game. Story and characters and acting is top notch. I believed and cared about them. I plan to play it again. I can't find a negative thing to say about it. Looking forward to the DLC.
  67. Mar 6, 2015
    the game filled with good stuff and overall looks great but when I look at the game as a whole I just dont like it.

maybe I just got too hyped and my anticipation were too high? or maybe I just got sick of all the other stealth apocalypse horror survival games? The game is full of beautiful cutsences. well, maybe there's too mcuh of those, which makes it feel like a long movie

maybe I just got too hyped and my anticipation were too high?

The game is full of beautiful cutsences. well, maybe there's too mcuh of those, which makes it feel like a long movie rather then a game.

It seems like they worn off uncharted to make it more stealth like but at the half way through decided to eventually drop this idea too.
    There are a lots of elements to the game like crafting and exploring, but neither of them feels satisfying or extraordinary.

5 is exactly in the middle of 0-10, and I could not describe it any better - its just an average game.
    I would even give it less, because of the problem with the too many cutsences, or the generacity of the story, but the fact thats its pretty polished and made with high quality im giving it extra points.
  68. Mar 6, 2015
    I punched a dude in the face using a brick.... I bought a playstasion 3 just for playing this game and I have to say it was worth it.. Although some things that happen are a bit predictable the overall story is amazing! I won't say anything else just play it!
  69. Mar 2, 2015
    Impressive story, very good gameplay, very good graphics and a legendary game. But I can say the A.I. is not that good and multiplayer mode is too unbalanced but I think no one plays this game for multiplayer.
  70. Feb 26, 2015
    Saying this game is perfect does not even do it justice. Never has a game effected me emotionally like this has before. Every main character you meet, you either fall in love with, or hate, and the voice acting couldn't be more perfect. This, for me, is the best game ever made.
  71. Feb 20, 2015
    The best PS3 exclusive. History, graphics, ambience, sound, characters, everything perfect. This game has a lot of love for many fans, empathy Joel and Ellie is best seen in video games in years, applause Naugthy Dog masterpiece.
  72. Feb 18, 2015
    this is got to be the best game i"v played.
    It so rocks in every way.
    I so in joy playing this game.thank to every one that help make this game come to be.
    Keep up the good work will be looking for more good work to come out of naughty dog.
    the men and women have doing a banging up job on this on.keep it up naughty dog.
    It gets 10 out 10 from this player.
  73. Feb 16, 2015
    Last of us is True Survivor Horror Game unlike Resident Evil 4 Resident Evil 5 Resident Evil 6 Resident Evil Revelations Resident Evil Revelations 2 Combine.
    If you liked Survivor Horror Game buy Last of us Digital or New Sealed not Soulless Used.

Please Avoid DLC otherthen Left Behind since Rest are Pay to Unlock aka On Disc DLC.
  74. Feb 16, 2015
    I'm not usually someone who gives out perfect scores to newer games but I feel that Naughty Dog deserve it for The Last of Us. It's the perfect last title to play on your PS3, with some unforgettable moments (the university level being my personal favorite), interesting gameplay mechanics, and truly impressive visuals for a PS3 exclusive. Uncharted 2: Among Thieves may still be my favoriteI'm not usually someone who gives out perfect scores to newer games but I feel that Naughty Dog deserve it for The Last of Us. It's the perfect last title to play on your PS3, with some unforgettable moments (the university level being my personal favorite), interesting gameplay mechanics, and truly impressive visuals for a PS3 exclusive. Uncharted 2: Among Thieves may still be my favorite PS3 game but The Last of Us is also something truly special -- one of those games that you just need to play all the way through to fully appreciate. Expand
  75. Feb 9, 2015
    A true masterpiece. This game checks all the boxes: gameplay is very convincing (as far as stealth games go), graphics and sounds are incredible, the story is very very well explained and dialogs are top-notch. A fantastic game that every PS3/PS4 owner must have.
  76. Feb 6, 2015
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Great game and great storyline. Unfortunately, one of the programmers probably either quit or catched a flu so his 4 year old son had to take over.

Because i cant think of any other reason why they made a great game and screwed up badly at the restaurantfight with Ellie. Apparently they ran out of inspiration on how to create a decent and balanced "bossfight" and just decided "hey, since i cant be arsed to write a decent AI for this fight, so lets just give the boss unlimited ammo, a wallhack so he can see through walls and let him just run and move without being visible when Ellie is listening.
    I played this part of the game several times to test and no matter where you hide, that guy just "by coincidence" knows exactly where you are and no matter where in the restaurant he is, he walks straight towards your hiding place.

It makes playing this part of the game as joyfull as playing COD with several wallhackers/aimbots.

Too bad because the rest of the game is very good and addictive (except from a few rediculous glitches that is)
  77. Jan 29, 2015
    Quite possibly the greatest game ever made, the story mode alone makes this game a 10, from its characters, the amazing storytelling to the spectacular gameplay mechanics and well made cutscenes, the only problem with the game is the AI, other than that the game is perfect.
  78. Jan 26, 2015
    What can I say that no one else has said, great unique gameplay, a variety of engaging, well developed characters and an out of this world narrative. The online for this was great and it is just a marvel all the way for gaming, I just loved this game.
  79. Jan 22, 2015
    After watching AngryJoes video review of this , I though (well,ok,TIME TO GO TO GAMESTOP!) . Moments later,I got the game out of the case and placed it inside the DVD-ROM of my Playstation 3. And "OH MY GOD" , this game is absolutely MIND-BLOWING! Just the characters and how well acted they are is already a worthy 5! But that's just the characters,how 'bout the story you ask? It's theAfter watching AngryJoes video review of this , I though (well,ok,TIME TO GO TO GAMESTOP!) . Moments later,I got the game out of the case and placed it inside the DVD-ROM of my Playstation 3. And "OH MY GOD" , this game is absolutely MIND-BLOWING! Just the characters and how well acted they are is already a worthy 5! But that's just the characters,how 'bout the story you ask? It's the final icing to the cake on this one! It's the one thing that gives this game all the praise from the CRITICS and the FANS! Oh and the gameplay , gameplay is so amazing , may yet be the BEST 3RD-PERSON SHOOTER EVER MADE . So with all that said,the game,of course also has atleast a bit of faults. In this case,the only fault of this game is it's ending . And it ended up giving me the "MEH" kind of feeling in top tier games like this. If that really was the ending of this game,then I HOPE that "The Last of Us 2" will just be as a MASTERPIECE as this one! Don't fail the sequel! Oh DEAR GOD PLEASE!

But will all that said,this game deserves the highest rating I could possibly give. A 10/10
    No Doubt,XBOX Fanboys and girls,just try not to wage war on us (Sony Fans) because we praise this game. It's just because it's that amazing and its that of a MASTERPIECE! GO GET A PS3 OR PS4!
  80. Jan 21, 2015
    I gotta say, I played this expecting it to be really good. Heard it was great so I got in in mid summer 2014. I loved the games story, though I was frustrated the first time playing but I was still learning so I can't complain. The replay of the video games story is wonderful, graphics are great. The multiplayer is fun and it's just a great adventure overall. People complain about howI gotta say, I played this expecting it to be really good. Heard it was great so I got in in mid summer 2014. I loved the games story, though I was frustrated the first time playing but I was still learning so I can't complain. The replay of the video games story is wonderful, graphics are great. The multiplayer is fun and it's just a great adventure overall. People complain about how games are becoming more like a movie, though isn't that a good thing? Look at the Resident Evil movies, nobody liked them but the stories in the video games aren't great either. I am happy that this video game is having an official movie and no doubt it will be great as well. Expand
  81. Jan 21, 2015
    A masterpiece. Naughty dog had a lot of expectations and they did not fail to deliver them. The creators of the critically acclaimed one of the best game trilogies of all time "Uncharted" Came back with a boom. The game set the tone early and you were hooked instantly. Great character development, Beautiful scenery, outstanding dialogue, and a compelling story.
  82. Jan 19, 2015
    Where do I start....Graphics A+, Sound A+, Story A+, Missions A+

Did not feel like I was playing the game on a last gen console. Never for a second felt boring or took my attention away...
  83. Jan 19, 2015
    this game is easily not only my ps3 game of all time it was also my game of the year of 2013 if anyone has a ps3 or a ps4 play this game you will not regret it
  84. Jan 18, 2015
    The game would be perfect, if it had more diversity in its story, so as to give it more replay value.

Other than that, the game also has a fantastic multiplayer, IMO, that kept me coming back for all those years since the game released.
  85. Jan 16, 2015
    By far the best game I have ever played graphics are stunning story is amazing I love how you have to scavenge for everything it is very realistic fighting is great some of the zombies really spook me when they pop out of nowhere the gameplay is so smooth. AMAZING GAME
  86. Dec 30, 2014
    The Last of Us creates a story with a fully realized world and well developed characters that grips you and absorbs you to the world. The lingering of dread really adds to the survival aspect of the game. And the gameplay just adds to how excellent the game is, because it really feels like a true survival horror. This is a definitive masterpiece.
  87. Dec 28, 2014
    Hands down best gaming experience for me in the last 10 years. Controls are tight, gameplay is solid, story is engrossing, characters are believable and seamlessly integrated. Nothing but praise here, Buy it.. Play it... Enjoy it.
  88. Dec 23, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. For starters, this game is OK, but not good enough to justify a 60 usd buy.

Ellie is greatly made and lively, but the rest, specially Joel, are pretty bland and predictable. The plot has it's ups and downs, more downs to me than ups. The script forces the player to make only one decision (like when you have to pass the hunter's barracade on chapter six, I tried to pass stealthly, and there was NO WAY to pass it, if I didn't kill every hunter, just because a cutscene needed to be triggered, or the ending itself), making the game pretty narrow. Also, the story tries so hard to slap you in the face that has realistic characters and plotline, and falls short with some Deux ex machina, like when Joel JUST HAPPENED to wake up to rescue Ellie, being kidnapped by the hunters.
    Also, i felt the story and storywriter was laughing at me when the last part of the game starts. The investigations tend to "support" the desitions of the fireflys to, litteraly, disect Ellie's brain to produce a "cure", killing her on the process saying that no samples could last (that's a first insult to the intelect of the player), yet also investigations allegate that scientists couldn't recreate a monkey specimen to produce that inmunology, so they didn't know what where they doing, so basicly they are killing the ONLY SHOT they have to save humanity to make something they don't know if it is going to work (because, SCIENCE!), just to trigger Joel to kill everyone, despite he wanted to dump Ellie 3 times and just bounded on the last part, letting you understand that He sees Ellie like a new daughter (was SO notorious to me that was a plot resource, that not only felt insulted again, but too bland and obvious, letting me see that this game was completly artificial, crushing one of the selling points of the game). That last part, literally, ruined most of the game for me, letting a sour taste, and a "avant garde" ending that felt more like a final insult.
    Despite that, there are moments that are really great, on the notes and the sidestories you could only read (the notes of Ish are not only really eerie, but really lively)
    The gameplay is, really, pretty standard, but overall well made. The shooting mechanics feels ok, and most of the time the game feels that you are in control. Yet, I have my complains, like stealth mechanics, as I said before, feel broken. Sometimes almost made it too easy, feeling like a gost to some clickers, and then other times, like on the graveyard, felt that those clickers triggered over nothing.
    The crafting and upgrade system is well made. Nothing too revolutionary, but well implemented.
    There are a lot of one-hit deaths, specially with clickers. I never stop feeling that they where just cheap deaths to make the game longer, and not a difficulty issue. Also other enemies are just braindead (despite of some literally being braindead), making this game being easy, with some peaks in certain parts of the game, which most of those parts, you don't have alternative to kill it, what a surprise.
    Also, this game really likes you to move stuff to transport Ellie to point A to B, making a this an escort game, but is not as annoying as other games are, but not defintly on the level of Alex from HL2.
    The graphics are great... for a PS3. Being a PC gamer, this game wasn't exactly eye candy, but the design, and some details and enviorments, are goregous, and in fact too gourgous that is easy to get lost.
    The level desing was hit and miss. The game tries too hard to make you feel that you are in a wide world, that is full of life, but is plaged with unreasonable walls, and felt really narrow. Also, sometimes it wasn't clear what you are capable to go or where you have to go, and in the end, the game only wants you to kill everyone on place.

Despite of some details, this game is not really bad, despite I almost spent writing on the negative side, but not really a "BEST GAME OF ALL TIME" for me. May be I was too hyped and overshoot my spectations, and made me really dissappointed that some details are so well made, and the most part are just average, and even bad sometimes.

I really think this game will be dated in a couple of years, like happened wit Perfect dark, Chrono Cross and some more.
  89. Dec 20, 2014
    Game play: is good, not great and is kept fresh with the constant obtaining of new weapons. story: is very generic, predictable and all of the side characters are just there to die. Graphics: undeniably the best part of this game, i was amazed by how good this game looks. The lighting is flawless, the settings are captivating and the animations of the characters is very life like. TheGame play: is good, not great and is kept fresh with the constant obtaining of new weapons. story: is very generic, predictable and all of the side characters are just there to die. Graphics: undeniably the best part of this game, i was amazed by how good this game looks. The lighting is flawless, the settings are captivating and the animations of the characters is very life like. The voice acting is also amazing and you can really hear the emotion in the two main characters very time they speak.. Overall the last of us is one of the most polished gaming experiences I've ever had, but the game play and story do fall short of my expectations, especially given all the hype surrounding the game. I would give the game an 8.3., it is well worth your time. Expand
  90. Dec 17, 2014
    10/10 - A gaming masterpiece. They type of game that comes along once in a few generations.

-Story 10/10
    -Characters 10/10
    -Graphics - 9/10
    -Gameplay - 9/10

Unforgettable experience than any self respecting videogame fan must own and love.
  91. Dec 14, 2014
    I loved the game when I first played it. It's story, it's gameplay, it's graphics, you name it! I played some good zombie games but, this... This game is very different and unique. That is what made this game amazing. Naughty Dog not just made a game but, a masterpiece that will be remembered forever. This game is truly a must-have.
  92. Dec 13, 2014
    One of the best playstation exclusive titles ever created. The story, the characters, the gameplay,the graphics everything in this game is just perfect. But I have also never seen such a cliche story line, and have experienced similar third person gameplay. The multiplayer gets annoying at times and constant online crashes harm my experience . Also trying to upload this review for threeOne of the best playstation exclusive titles ever created. The story, the characters, the gameplay,the graphics everything in this game is just perfect. But I have also never seen such a cliche story line, and have experienced similar third person gameplay. The multiplayer gets annoying at times and constant online crashes harm my experience . Also trying to upload this review for three days with constant failings makes me wonder if naughty dog is against me. Expand
  93. Dec 13, 2014
    Do you remember how games made you feel when you were younger?

The excitement of playing something really groundbreaking and original. We'll this is it. You know straight away from the first time you take control of Sarah (Joel's daughter) that this is no ordinary game. What happens then is a roller coaster of gaming heaven. Think of everything that makes a good game, and the Last of
    Do you remember how games made you feel when you were younger?

You know straight away from the first time you take control of Sarah (Joel's daughter) that this is no ordinary game. What happens then is a roller coaster of gaming heaven. Think of everything that makes a good game, and the Last of Us has it!

Graphics, gameplay, story, cut scenes, music, acting, AI and attention to detail. The fight scenes are in another league and are truly breathtaking, the violence and accuracy is that realistic you will be left laughing at how good it is.

It seems the ps3 has finally been pushed to its graphical boundaries. This game could of easily been released on the ps4, in fact this game would have made me buy a Ps4.... In summary this is one of the best games I have ever played, and in my opinion the best game on the ps3.

MacDo
  94. Dec 9, 2014
    One of the best games for the PS3, amazing art direction, great setting, some really good tension, definitely worth playing. Online multiplayer must be dead by the time of writing, but don't let that distract you from the story mode :D
  95. Dec 8, 2014
    This is the game everyone compares all new games to now. I don't want to spoil anything so my review will be simple. Great plot, great characters, and obviously wonderful graphics. I love how they throw in some moments of "WOW the world is beautiful even during a zombie apocalypse". Those moments never take away from the horrifying zombies. I also absolutely love that there are someThis is the game everyone compares all new games to now. I don't want to spoil anything so my review will be simple. Great plot, great characters, and obviously wonderful graphics. I love how they throw in some moments of "WOW the world is beautiful even during a zombie apocalypse". Those moments never take away from the horrifying zombies. I also absolutely love that there are some interesting and original ways of contracting the zombie virus. Sure you have the age old zombie bite that gets you infected, but the spores are sort of genius and gross. Hopefully I didn’t give too much away with that.

I love the online multipplayer game, but I hate the fact that you cannot play multiplayer with the same console. The DLC multiplayer allows you to battle it out with online friends, but still has the overall goal of growing your Clan for 12 weeks. The online gamers are a little over the top and rude sometimes, but I will leave those comments for another site. Just don't let your kid play the online multiplayer unless the mic is muted.
  96. Dec 4, 2014
    Excelente Juego. Proximamente puntaje para la versión Remastered. Animación única, al nivel de los grandes, excelente apartado gráfico, originalidad y jugabilidad. GOTY 2013.
  97. Dec 3, 2014
    Good game. Really good story and distinctive characters and personally, I love the view of end of civilization. Story is also good. Not like many other zombie movie or games. But playing game is not really exciting. I think I will enjoy much better if I just watch another play's play. It's game play style is not very special and also not very exciting to me. except that, it is really great game.
  98. Nov 29, 2014
    The Last of Us is absolutely breathtaking. Every second of it filled me with awe. I am genuinely grateful to have had the opportunity to play this masterpiece. Where to begin...
    1. Story- The story rivaled that of even some of the greatest TV series and movies. It is filled with gut-wrenching suspense, great dialogue, and many tear-jerkers.
    2. Gameplay- The gameplay felt just like
    2. Gameplay- The gameplay felt just like Uncharted (a little smoother) so if you played that series you know what to expect.
    3. Characters- All of the characters are brilliantly made. You are able to love and care for them almost immediately and you never stop. Not even when the credits roll.

Overall, The Last of Us is a masterpiece. Definitely one of the top 5 best games ever made. I highly recommend it.
  99. Nov 28, 2014
    This game is a work of art. The characters and story give Chrono Trigger a run for its money, and if you've played Chrono Trigger, then you know what that means. . The gameplay and multiplayer aren't groundbreaking, but still fun and addictive. Back to the story, this is the only game that has ever brought me so close to tears. And it accomplished this by the end of the freakingThis game is a work of art. The characters and story give Chrono Trigger a run for its money, and if you've played Chrono Trigger, then you know what that means. . The gameplay and multiplayer aren't groundbreaking, but still fun and addictive. Back to the story, this is the only game that has ever brought me so close to tears. And it accomplished this by the end of the freaking intro. Yeah, it's that brutal. This is in my top 3 favorite games ever, and it is absolutely a 10/10. I wish I could go higher. Expand
  100. Nov 27, 2014
    From the moment you start until the moment you finish; this game feels special.

I would place it right next to your favorite t.v. show or movie and it would compete.

It's the new gold standard of gaming.

1. Sep 16, 2013
  2. Sep 10, 2013
  3. Official PlayStation Magazine Benelux
    Sep 4, 2013
    Despite the breakneck pace of the prologue, it takes quite a while for The Last of Us to pick up some speed again. However, once the cold harsh winter arrives, the action (and story) ramps up. So much so, it puts most Hollywood productions to shame. [July 2013, p.76]