The Last of Us PlayStation 3

• Publisher: SCEA
  • Release Date: Jun 14, 2013
9.1

1. Aug 21, 2014
    This is not a review, this is a love letter to Naughty dog :)
    This is not a video game, this is interactive experience and absolutely the best game I have ever played.
    This is not a review, this is a love letter to Naughty dog :)
    First of all, I don't,like Apocalypse, games, somehow they are not exactly my cup of tea. But this lifeless world is in a specific way full of life. Life, your life and way more important, girls life. The way i felt while playing The Last of us i felt so emotional and the atmosphere was so intensive that i could feel the weight of a burden to preserve girls life. Very story driven, absolutely awesome characters and great actors. Game design is great and I mean in functional and aesthetic way. Foliage is greener than in far cry witch is synonym for paradise on virtual earth.
    Stealth great, AI very good, combat very good, graphics stellar ( how PS 3 could handle this I don't, know)
    In any way a must have game.
    Clear 10 :)
  2. Aug 19, 2014
    I rarely complete videogames, as I often find plots boring: this game made me change how I look to videogames plots. Amazing, nothing else to say. I loved it and I still love it
  3. Aug 18, 2014
    By far the best game I have ever played. You instantly feel for the characters. It's frightening, intense and often induces a small tear and a tight chest. Absolutely loved it and would play it again and again. The story is gripping from the word go, the combat panic inducing at times. A perfect mix of everything that makes a truly epic game. It is a very scary premonition of the worldBy far the best game I have ever played. You instantly feel for the characters. It's frightening, intense and often induces a small tear and a tight chest. Absolutely loved it and would play it again and again. The story is gripping from the word go, the combat panic inducing at times. A perfect mix of everything that makes a truly epic game. It is a very scary premonition of the world were this to truly happen. Loved every second. Never have I been so apprehensive as to open a door. Expand
  4. Aug 17, 2014
    Lets get this out of the way immediately: The Last of Us is a fantastic experience and you should play it. However, I think that the game itself has been praised so much that its many little flaws have been ignored by most.

The story itself is that of a zombie apocalypse with a different name; clickers are innovative in the way that they are blind, this allows you to play along with the stealth mechanic. Other than that, they are just zombies. Also, why the fungae needs to be spreaded through open wounds (bites and scratches) while there are spores for aerial contagion -which, anyone who has played Plague Inc would agree this is the best way to get a virus to spread- is baffling to me.

I will not spoil anything, but I think the ending could have been bleaker. By the end, I was not sympathizing with Joel at all, he was just being a selfish dick.
    I think Naughty Dog was playing it safe and I did not appreciate the ending.

The Stealth Mechanic works great for Joel, however, your AI companions can be really stupid. Specially when you get around with Bill, I remember at one point while entering an infected-ridden zone, he muttered the line "We must be quiet here", right before blasting off his very loud shot gun at an infected and ruining my whole stealth approach.

This would also have happened (quite a lot) with Ellie, since her running around right under the nose of the enemies was quite a common occurrence. Thankfully the AI seems locked to only take up on Joel's movements and actions, so your companion's AI behavior won't affect them (companion AI behavior will only affect enemy response if they fire a shotgun at their face - Thanks again, Bill). This was appreciated, but it broke the immersion a bit.

I noticed a few glitches here and there, also some ragdoll physics and the obvious texture pops are evidence of the last-gen power of the PlayStation 3. However, they are completely right to call this a fitting swansong to the system; it really pushes it to its limit and its an absolute success in that. Environments are gorgeous and I couldn't help feeling ompletely distracted by the vistas, especially in the Spring part of the game.

The characters are greatly fleshed out, they react to almost everything the game has to offer, even the innane chatting while traversing an uneventful section of town is magnificently human. Ashley Johnson's portrayal of a 14 year old girl toughened up by the circumstances the world is facing is absolutely engaging, and Troy Baker's worn down southener that is Joel is an absolute pleasure to listen to.

Gustavo Santaolalla's soundtrack is perfect for this game, its bleak and gloomy and I wish it would have continued so until the very end.

Still, you can't miss out on this game; its a beautiful experience that tells a tale of a broken down man that has severed himself from society even in a time that you would think mankind should stand together and not jump at each other's troath.

This is still a blockbuster AAA game, with the Naughty Dog trademark all over it (a bit Uncharted-y at times, I feel) but with fleshed out characters and an entertaining story. Despite its many little flaws, hopefully this game's popularity is turning enough heads in the industry on what gamers are expecting from developers.

Lastly, don't miss out on the multiplayer. The single player mechanics work surprsingly well and its quite challenging.
  5. Aug 16, 2014
    The only decent game I have played in a while and it's made for a relic. Imagine if this was built taking advantage of a high end PC. I gave a ten as compared to the other 99% of crappy games out there this comes out tops, a rather sad thing to say about the gaming industry.
  6. Aug 14, 2014
    A masterpiece that surpasses Uncharted 2 and tells a realistic tale and gives a vicious gameplay. I'm just wordless with this game. It's just amazing.

Yep.
  7. Aug 11, 2014
    The Storyline is amazing, even though the ending wasn't as satisfying. Awesome graphics and voice acting, The stealth can be just a little boring sometimes but overall it's a must have game for people who love games with an amazing storyline
  8. Aug 11, 2014
    The Last of Us was definitely one of this years best games. The writing, voice acting, and story were all extremely solid. It sucks you in and keeps you engaged in a flowing narrative and the game play did its best to keep you engaged and working to progress. The one negative I could find would be that on occasion you feel like the developers simply inserted the same puzzle in a differentThe Last of Us was definitely one of this years best games. The writing, voice acting, and story were all extremely solid. It sucks you in and keeps you engaged in a flowing narrative and the game play did its best to keep you engaged and working to progress. The one negative I could find would be that on occasion you feel like the developers simply inserted the same puzzle in a different scenario which tends to feel more like a chore than a puzzle at that point. Expand
  9. Aug 9, 2014
    I've been a PC gamer for the majority of my life and I really wanted to try this game out. I just never wanted to spend the money on a console (ps3). During the release of the PS4, it made sense to hop on board, due to the amount of exclusives that Sony has. This is by far one of the best single-player games I've ever played in my lifetime. This is up there with Half-Life (insert allI've been a PC gamer for the majority of my life and I really wanted to try this game out. I just never wanted to spend the money on a console (ps3). During the release of the PS4, it made sense to hop on board, due to the amount of exclusives that Sony has. This is by far one of the best single-player games I've ever played in my lifetime. This is up there with Half-Life (insert all the expansions), Half-Life 2, Bioshock, and many others. Expand
  10. Aug 8, 2014
    Oh, The Last of Us...this game amazed me! From the start to the beginning, this game is filled with action, great animations and deep emotions until the end.
    Naughty Dog shows at the end of the last console generation what the PS3 is capable of! I never thought, that the Playstation 3 was able to build such amazing graphics.
    The only negative thing: hours of playtime...sadly it was like
    The only negative thing: hours of playtime...sadly it was like this in the Uncharted series too but it was totally worth it to play this 16 hours of this masterpiece!
  11. Aug 3, 2014
    One of the best games I have ever played. Gameplay, graphics, storyline controls all thought out well and makes for a game that will always remember look forward to playing again in the remastered version.
  12. Jul 30, 2014
    Лучшая игра за десять лет. Ну и вы понимаете, почему 10 лет. Сюжет, персонажи, геймплей - все в игре идеально сделано.
    Поэтому просто 10 из 10. Всем рекомендую купить игру, если нет возможности, то просто посмотреть её видео-прохождение.
  13. Jul 29, 2014
    I've heard mixed reviews on this game ranging from "it's too boring and slow moving" to "this is the greatest game of all time". I can now say, after playing through the bulk of this game, that I completely understand both sides of reviews. For those of you who want an adrenaline rush of game play with constant action, go elsewhere for your gaming experience as this is not the game forI've heard mixed reviews on this game ranging from "it's too boring and slow moving" to "this is the greatest game of all time". I can now say, after playing through the bulk of this game, that I completely understand both sides of reviews. For those of you who want an adrenaline rush of game play with constant action, go elsewhere for your gaming experience as this is not the game for you.

However, those of you who enjoy imaginative immersion in a well-crafted storyline, realistic/believable characters, beautiful artwork and game design, exploration, and solid game play, look no further. The environments are mesmerizing, the character movement is gorgeous, the dialogue and voice acting is superb, the mix of stealth/scavenging/shooting within the twists and turns of the games story is as excellent as video games come.

The game basically plays as a 3rd person shooter (think Resident Evil 4+5) with stealth elements (think Splinter Cell) and crafting (again, think Resident Evil 4+5). Additionally, as you traverse the lengths of the storyline, you will find yourself in a myriad of settings ranging from (but not limited to) the outskirts of the city refuge to a deserted town and all the way to the wilderness, university campus, and sewers. Each new area and chapter in the game flows along the tide of TLoU's amazingly executed storyline - and the characters you play as become increasingly unique, realistic, and dear to your heart. I cannot tell you how astounded I was throughout my first play through. I can honestly say that the enjoyment of this game remained throughout the second play through as well.

*I believe my total play through time for the game was roughly around 18 hours or so. I suppose it would depend on how quickly you are attempting to finish - my style included quite a bit of exploration and a steady pace throughout to soak up the beauty of the game.

Definitely within the top 5 best games I have ever experienced. Well worth the price of a ps3 for this game alone. I would highly recommend for post-apocalyptic enthusiasts.
  14. Jul 28, 2014
    Very good game but I got bored shooting at humans, I think it should be all about killing zombies which is much more fun. And what is the point in a fight between survivors?
  15. Jul 26, 2014
    The Last of Us is my favorite Playstation 3 game. The gameplay and story are just perfect. Online multiplayer is engaging and extremely addicted. This is one of the best games ever made.
  16. Jul 25, 2014
    Masterpiece of a game and will be a legendary game in the video game franchise for as long as they exist. The story is just excellent, the gameplay is very good (some occasional bugs, for example when you are sneaking about trying to avoid the clickers or normal enemies sometimes ellie will run about and walk straight into them but they wont notice her at times) its the second best game ofMasterpiece of a game and will be a legendary game in the video game franchise for as long as they exist. The story is just excellent, the gameplay is very good (some occasional bugs, for example when you are sneaking about trying to avoid the clickers or normal enemies sometimes ellie will run about and walk straight into them but they wont notice her at times) its the second best game of the last generation, behind GTA V . Expand
  17. Jul 22, 2014
    This is one of the only games were I have been emotionally attached to the characters. It is by far the best game I have ever played. I have the remastered edition preordered as well. This game is truly legendary.
  18. DGF
    Jul 21, 2014
    The Last of Us is a game with beautiful visuals, excellent characters, a powerful presentation, and emotionally moving story, beautiful relationships, unpredictable development, and basically everything it needs to make it a 10 out of 10 masterpiece. Except for one thing, gameplay. Although the last of us includes many good habits and different things to have it turn out to be a greatThe Last of Us is a game with beautiful visuals, excellent characters, a powerful presentation, and emotionally moving story, beautiful relationships, unpredictable development, and basically everything it needs to make it a 10 out of 10 masterpiece. Except for one thing, gameplay. Although the last of us includes many good habits and different things to have it turn out to be a great story game, the gunplay in last of was clunky and boring, the hand to hand combat being clumsy and repetitive, and the only thing that really stood out about it gameplay wise was the clickers and bloaters. Being a fan of every game genre, i am really disappointed in naughty dog having to make me say that the last of us would make a better movie than a game, or maybe a walking dead sort of thing. However, if you are in the mood for a good story, then im sure you can get past tlou's incredibly boring gameplay to expirence naughty dogs beautiful yet emotionally brutal outcomes of the story. An unpredictable tale, i shall call it. enjoy this great story! Expand
  19. Jul 19, 2014
    This game accomplishes what many games seek to do but fall short of doing. By far the best looking game on the PS3 I've seen, and I find it difficult to switch back to other games after playing The Last of Us due to the difference in visual quality. On top of that it has a phenomenal story behind it with characters you become attached to. These two qualities alone make you want to keepThis game accomplishes what many games seek to do but fall short of doing. By far the best looking game on the PS3 I've seen, and I find it difficult to switch back to other games after playing The Last of Us due to the difference in visual quality. On top of that it has a phenomenal story behind it with characters you become attached to. These two qualities alone make you want to keep playing the game until you beat it. Add into these factors that it has great game mechanics and the option to choose how to play. After beating the game you have the option of multiplayer, which is tied into the story mode and has unique gameplay settings that I haven't personally seen combined into one game before, or since. All of these things add up to make the best game on the PlayStation console, and one of the best games ever as well. It's unique place in the world of gaming opens it up to non-gamers as well for the captivating cutscenes are available to watch in the option settings. Expand
  20. Jul 18, 2014
    Es impresionante que en el tramo final de PS3 salga un juego así de bueno. La historia es muy interesante y contiene giros totalmente inesperados. El prólogo ya te pone la piel de gallina... Técnicamente es una delicia y la jugabilidad es exquisita. La relación entre Joel y Ellie es una de las mejores que se han visto en un videojuego. El final del juego es muy original e inesperado.Es impresionante que en el tramo final de PS3 salga un juego así de bueno. La historia es muy interesante y contiene giros totalmente inesperados. El prólogo ya te pone la piel de gallina... Técnicamente es una delicia y la jugabilidad es exquisita. La relación entre Joel y Ellie es una de las mejores que se han visto en un videojuego. El final del juego es muy original e inesperado. Compra imprescindible para cualquier poseedor de PS3. Expand
  21. Jul 17, 2014
    A great game and one of the best of 2013, but a tad overrated. The Last of Us hits me with it's great story and extremely well developed and memorable characters. The gameplay is fun and it keeps you alert at all times, the visuals are stunning, the atmosphere is intense, just everything about this game is amazing. If you have a PS3 buy this game, it's worth every penny.
  22. Jul 15, 2014
    It astonishes me with amount of people who dislike this game. Although, I can agree it's not for everyone, it's still a fantastic game.

The gameplay is simple, but it has a lot of variety and allows different ways to approach levels. You can sneak past while throwing a bottle or brick to distract your enemies, or you can run through the level shooting and beating the crap out of enemies. Yes, its not like Metal Gear or Deus Ex, but that's because it's not supposed to be.

The Last Of Us has a simple, yet effective story with beautiful and immerse levels. You play as Joel. He'sin his early forties (or so I estimated) twenty years after the apocalypse started. You are then given your objective with escorting Ellie through a run down city. Simple. I know, but as you progress the story becomes more of a more human and emotional story.

Voice acting is superb. Troy Baker and Ashley Johnson play the characters of Joel and Ellie quite well.

The multiplayer is definitely amazing. It takes all the in game elements of the single player, and adds it to the multiplayer. Note that teamwork is key to survival.

In conclusion The Last Of Us is a beautifully, immerse game, with superb characters, fun gameplay, and a emotional tale told well. It's not for everybody, but if you're a fan of Naughty Dog, then you'll love this masterpiece. Also you can skip cut-scenes if they aren't for you.
  23. Jul 13, 2014
    The Last of Us is to me at least the best game on the PS3. The graphics are great the story's great the game play's great and the voice acting is some of the best I've seen in a Video Game.
  24. Jul 13, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Best Game eveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeer Expand
  25. Jul 13, 2014
    One of the best games I have ever played. The story is phenomenal and the combat is tight, balanced, and satisfying. I personally believe this is a game every gamer needs to experience atleast ONCE. Easily a must own. Can't wait for the revised PS4 version.
  26. Jul 12, 2014
    A milestone in gaming storytelling for years to come. So much emotion between two characters on top if satisfying gameplay makes this one of the best games made
  27. Jul 10, 2014
    Game is a marvel of storytelling. Rises above the very recently overused post apocalypse theme and makes it stand out. The gameplay, while not more elaborate than some other games out there, it's very simple and very fluid supported with great physics. Cinematically, very few games other than perhaps metal gear solid series and few others compare and voice acting is second to none. GreatGame is a marvel of storytelling. Rises above the very recently overused post apocalypse theme and makes it stand out. The gameplay, while not more elaborate than some other games out there, it's very simple and very fluid supported with great physics. Cinematically, very few games other than perhaps metal gear solid series and few others compare and voice acting is second to none. Great promise to naughty dog's future games that will be on PS4 Expand
  28. Jul 10, 2014
    Absolutely incredible game. Quite possibly the best game I have played on the PS3 to date. Fantastic game-play with a well thought out and constructed story. At times I was playing along just to get the next cut scene. When playing in a dark room with a half decent TV, the immersion is incredible. To think graphics like this can come out of a PS3 is insane. I don't usually like games whereAbsolutely incredible game. Quite possibly the best game I have played on the PS3 to date. Fantastic game-play with a well thought out and constructed story. At times I was playing along just to get the next cut scene. When playing in a dark room with a half decent TV, the immersion is incredible. To think graphics like this can come out of a PS3 is insane. I don't usually like games where you are stuck to a pre-defined path to follow but this didn't feel like it at all. If you haven't got this yet and are considering it, do it. Expand
  29. Jul 6, 2014
    The last of us was one of the greatest games of 2013 and possibly one of the greatest games ever. The game had an amazing story ( that i wont spoil) the graphics were the best on ps3 ever, the Gameplay was easy to get used too and really fun especially on hard which made it feel like u were really in their position and how hard it was too survive the acting was the best i have ever seenThe last of us was one of the greatest games of 2013 and possibly one of the greatest games ever. The game had an amazing story ( that i wont spoil) the graphics were the best on ps3 ever, the Gameplay was easy to get used too and really fun especially on hard which made it feel like u were really in their position and how hard it was too survive the acting was the best i have ever seen the characters were easy too love and get attached too but they could have used less f bombs and the ending wasn't very special but overall amazing game i would rate it 9.5/10 if they had that rating i very strongly suggest picking up ths game Expand
  30. Jun 30, 2014
    There isn't much that hasn't been said about this masterpiece of gaming. Everyone knows it represents a landmark in graphic design for future video games, as well as how impressively tight the story, dialogues and characters are written apart from the intuitive gameplay. All I can say is that if you have a PS3 or a PS4 (when the remastered version comes out) and you don't have this game,There isn't much that hasn't been said about this masterpiece of gaming. Everyone knows it represents a landmark in graphic design for future video games, as well as how impressively tight the story, dialogues and characters are written apart from the intuitive gameplay. All I can say is that if you have a PS3 or a PS4 (when the remastered version comes out) and you don't have this game, what the hell are you waiting for? Expand
  31. Jun 30, 2014
    Great game, but nothing amazing. Story is the strong point of this game. Not sure why the reviews are so high... perhaps it's similarity to the Walking Dead. Game play is a little repetitive and ammo is too scarce. If you're a fan of zombies definitely try it out. Otherwise, I recommend the Uncharted games instead.
  32. Jun 30, 2014
    I loved this game. I was gripped from start to finish like I never have been with any other game. Everything about it was great but most of all the story. Ellie and Joel are such great characters (probably my favourite in game history) and the story is as good as any book or film. The control scheme was pretty much perfect (the cover system worked very well as did the melee controls) and II loved this game. I was gripped from start to finish like I never have been with any other game. Everything about it was great but most of all the story. Ellie and Joel are such great characters (probably my favourite in game history) and the story is as good as any book or film. The control scheme was pretty much perfect (the cover system worked very well as did the melee controls) and I loved being able to customise your melee weapons and the incentives to collect things such as being able to upgrade your guns. Oh and the graphics were stunning, hands down the best I've seen on the PS3 and that's no easy feat, there's some great looking games on the console. Sure it's very linear but there's still just enough exploration and it makes a nice change not to have an open-world game with a million choices at every turn. I'll never forget this game, to me it's truly a masterpiece. Expand
  33. Jun 30, 2014
    This game is simply fantastic ! Not only do you immerse yourself in a world that is frightening and beautiful at the same time full of nasty creatures, but you also emotionally connect with the fictional characters that venture through the zombie infested land. When I finished this game I was actually sad because I did not want it to end. The game is set so you have the opportunities toThis game is simply fantastic ! Not only do you immerse yourself in a world that is frightening and beautiful at the same time full of nasty creatures, but you also emotionally connect with the fictional characters that venture through the zombie infested land. When I finished this game I was actually sad because I did not want it to end. The game is set so you have the opportunities to make your way through the obstacles your way, that's what makes it so great. You can choose to kill the zombies in some levels or simply stealthy move past them, you choose. And then their is constant surprises every where you go for items to collect which can change the course of the game, if you kill a zombie or hostile sometimes you can pick up guns,ammo,bombs and more. I enjoyed every part of this game, and some levels were so hard I had to try multiple times to make it through ( bloater in the gym just die already ,). You are equipped with various weapons, but my favourite was the bow and arrow, clean silent kills. I defiantly hope naughty dog make numerous sequels to this game, it is truly entertaining and actually made me think, if this really happened what would I do to survive. Expand
  34. Jun 29, 2014
    why i'm actually dissapointed with some of the negative reviews, the last of us on hard is one of the most intense games i have ever played, i loved the stealth segments, the crafting system, the enemy ai,the horror feeling,the shooting and everything else that was simple top notch, there is nothing wrong with adding a cinematic feeling to a stellar gameplay experience, i swear that evenwhy i'm actually dissapointed with some of the negative reviews, the last of us on hard is one of the most intense games i have ever played, i loved the stealth segments, the crafting system, the enemy ai,the horror feeling,the shooting and everything else that was simple top notch, there is nothing wrong with adding a cinematic feeling to a stellar gameplay experience, i swear that even without the story and the music i still would have love it, i guess that when something is so succesful it brings a lot of hate from jealous people,it becomes perfectly normal to hate great things, i really don't want to live in a cynic world where everything is considered overrated and meh Expand
  35. Jun 26, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Naughty Dog has proven time and time again that they can deliver great gameplay with amazing storytelling. Crash Bandicoot was a childhood dream. The Uncharteds evolved so much that they are now classed as some of the greatest games ever made (Number 2 was excellent). But where do you go from there? What can you do with a new IP? Well, you take the lessons learnt from your previous series and just improve. Better gunplay, better story, less linearity. That is The Last Of Us. The greatest video game of this generation and one of the greatest games of all time.

Key to its success- the story. The relationships developed between the characters. This is one of the most realistic games out. Right from the start you have the feeling that this is something completely different. For the first 5 minutes you take control of Joel's little girl, a vulnerable child who gives you a bleak outlook on the world, as she observes the horrible events unfolding. When you switch to Joel things are worse, as his daughter becomes even more of a liability. But no matter what the next few minutes will destroy your heart. I cried like I have never before in a game. As Joel hugs his daughter and begs for her life back... These first few minutes are what made this game for me.

Fast forward twenty years and we are now in a bleak and oppressive future, where Joel only cares about himself. He has nobody to look out for. And then Ellie comes along, a girl he starts off disliking, but slowly warms to. Three quarters through the game and he tortures a man to find her. The ending proves how far he will really go. Ellie possesses the key to the cure for the virus that has spread throughout the world and only her brain can save us. But Joel won't let her die and the final level is the greatest part of the whole experience. And the ending is phenomenal, as Joel proves that not only is he willing to become a monster, but he is also willing to lie to Ellie so that she stays safe. Like an episode of Game of Thrones, there are no happy endings. I did just spoil the whole game, so anyone who read this for a recommendation I am sorry- I did warn you!

While the gameplay could never outmatch the brilliance of the narrative, it is still finely tuned and highly polished. Joel is just an ordinary man and he controls as such. He vaults and runs and his movements are realistic to the point that you believe you are playing a movie. The animation work is unmatched by anything- even next gen games like InFamous: Second Son! The hand to hand combat is brutal and unflinching. You'll crush heads and tear up bodies. The gunplay is even nastier. While some won't like it, Joel isn't some elite army officer and he aims like a normal human. There are a lot of weapons to gather throughout the game, ranging from a rifle, to a shotgun, to a bow and arrow and each one handles differently and realistically. They all have some pretty nasty animations, with the gore being turned up to a large amount. While this may contrast to the touching story moments, it shows how visceral and unflinching the people in this world are. There is brutal violence, but there will also be touching moments, such as talking to Ellie about ice cream trucks or telling her about Joel's daughter.

There are also looting and crafting elements and upgrading your weapons and Joel is rewarding and gives you a good feeling. You can also craft traps and explosives and medkits... The systems aren't complicated, but there is enough substance to offer you plenty of do. There are also numerous collectibles (many worth getting) along with unlockables. With this amount to do, you will want to replay the game and I did! New Game Plus is available and there are many difficulty modes to try your hand at. But don't worry because the enemies are challenging.

Most of the time you will be fighting humans and while there are various types of normal people (and every type can be brutally ripped to shreds), the infected foes are the best to fight. They offer a challenge and there are four types to take on. The standard runners go down easy (unless they surround you), but the Clickers are he deadliest. Get too close and they can insta kill you. The Stalkers are like nastier, faster Runners and the Bloaters are the worst around, with brutal moves and deadly long range attacks. Every fight requires careful thinking and a good strategy if you want to stay alive!

The Last of Us also includes a multiplayer mode and unsurprisingly, it doesn't take over single player as desired option. However, it is a smart, faster paced place to spend your time and the modes are very different to what you would expect. It's polished, has multiple maps, plenty of unlockables and still offers a pretty fun time.

I better wrap this up, so here goes: The Last Of Us is a beautiful game, with amazing graphics, excellent sound work and striking innovation. Play it immediately- pick up a Playstation if you must!
  36. Jun 22, 2014
    This is easily one of the best games of this generation. The chemistry between the 2 main characters is superb, it not a sexual chemistry, but a friend-like chemistry. When Joel and Elie meet for the first time they are complete strangers to each other, but as the games progresses they become almost family. the gameplay keeps you on the edge of your seat the hole way through, the music isThis is easily one of the best games of this generation. The chemistry between the 2 main characters is superb, it not a sexual chemistry, but a friend-like chemistry. When Joel and Elie meet for the first time they are complete strangers to each other, but as the games progresses they become almost family. the gameplay keeps you on the edge of your seat the hole way through, the music is awesome, and the supporting characters with great voice acting gives you great performance. The multiplayer is a pleasant surprise too. The great crafting system is implemented in it letting you use various legit tactics versus enemy players. ammo is rare just like in single player. The only down side of the multiplayer is that the customization menu for your character and the emblem creation is very limited end frankly, halved-ass. Still this game deserves the legendary status it has got. Expand
  37. Jun 21, 2014
    The perfect game for it's time. From it's harrowing opening to it's perfect conclusion. Naughty Dog has given us the game from hence forth all A+ survival horror titles will need to compare itself to. I purchased a PS3 purely to play this game, after 6 years on a 360 and I'll never buy a Microsoft product again. Fantastic characters, emotive story, varied location, perfectly paced,The perfect game for it's time. From it's harrowing opening to it's perfect conclusion. Naughty Dog has given us the game from hence forth all A+ survival horror titles will need to compare itself to. I purchased a PS3 purely to play this game, after 6 years on a 360 and I'll never buy a Microsoft product again. Fantastic characters, emotive story, varied location, perfectly paced, beautiful looking, scored and soundtracked to perfection. 10/10 Expand
  38. PMG
    Jun 18, 2014
    NaughtyDog has done it again. Creating a new spectacle as far as story and presentation goes, you really wanna see how the story ends. It is also a superb combat system, with risk and reward, stealth, unsteady aim, and deadly enemies. A true masterpiece, and with a fun multiplayer, the only word i truly feel descripes The Last Of Us, is complete. Like with Uncharted 3, you absolutely haveNaughtyDog has done it again. Creating a new spectacle as far as story and presentation goes, you really wanna see how the story ends. It is also a superb combat system, with risk and reward, stealth, unsteady aim, and deadly enemies. A true masterpiece, and with a fun multiplayer, the only word i truly feel descripes The Last Of Us, is complete. Like with Uncharted 3, you absolutely have to own this game if you have a PS3. Expand
  39. Jun 12, 2014
    This game is not only beuatiful to look at, but the story is so good it could easily have been considered for an oscar, had it only been a movie instead of a game. If you're in to post-apocalyptic settings, killing zombies or maybe just a good story, then this is a must have for this generation.
  40. Jun 11, 2014
    I gave this game a 10 because i feel that it deserves higher than a 9, though it isn't perfect this game is an absolute gem. With an interesting and intense story with scenes that kept me at the edge of my seat grinding my teeth I can say that not many games have had this effect. When watching cutscenes or playing the game I was always on my toes eager to know how the next event would playI gave this game a 10 because i feel that it deserves higher than a 9, though it isn't perfect this game is an absolute gem. With an interesting and intense story with scenes that kept me at the edge of my seat grinding my teeth I can say that not many games have had this effect. When watching cutscenes or playing the game I was always on my toes eager to know how the next event would play out. Furthermore, the game's fluid third person game-play worked well. Naughtydog has stepped up their game from the Uncharted series with significant improvements to how well the came plays and how precisely I can control my character. The characters are likable and interesting, the graphics are very good, there is not much to complain about other that the decent multiplayer, which is still fun. This near masterpiece is one of the best playstation exclusives, a must own for any collection. Expand
  41. Jun 11, 2014
    Maybe #1, since it is a new game there is nothing but old time gamers to bring up old games that set standards, but as those generations die and this game becomes the back bone of gaming history, we can remember that Sarah's death might have been one of the saddest I've ever experienced in a video game. Of course adding to the fact that Ellie adds to the characters adventures really setsMaybe #1, since it is a new game there is nothing but old time gamers to bring up old games that set standards, but as those generations die and this game becomes the back bone of gaming history, we can remember that Sarah's death might have been one of the saddest I've ever experienced in a video game. Of course adding to the fact that Ellie adds to the characters adventures really sets the bar for games like this, blowing bioshock infinite and other great games like GTA V out of the water (Depending on your taste between a good survival story adventure and a violent story). I really found myself more tied to the characters as they began as us and had to build their own civilizations out of scratch. Expand
  42. Jun 5, 2014
    A true masterpiece. I have never felt so engaged with characters of any game (or movie) like I did with these in the Last of Us. The story, the world, the music is all refreshingly honest.
  43. Jun 3, 2014
    There is nothing wrong with this game. However, there is also very little to set this game apart from numerous other story and character driven zombie scenarios of the last few years (or few decades really, they aren't new). It's solid, pretty, has good mechanics, and good characters. However, the fact that all of that is shoved into yet another post-apocalyptic rubble pile stiflesThere is nothing wrong with this game. However, there is also very little to set this game apart from numerous other story and character driven zombie scenarios of the last few years (or few decades really, they aren't new). It's solid, pretty, has good mechanics, and good characters. However, the fact that all of that is shoved into yet another post-apocalyptic rubble pile stifles everything good about it in the intense humdrum of "been-there, done-that" that permeates most "mature" modern games. I'm tired of zombies. I'm tired of nuclear Armageddon. I'm tired of shooters and shooter hybrids set in yet another dystopia. Naughty Dog intentionally made Uncharted colorful and non-dystopic so that it would stand out from the mold when they first made it. I wish they would still do this because we need it now even more than we needed it then. Expand
  44. Jun 3, 2014
    Definitely one of my favorite single-player game of the 7th generation. The story is amazing to say the least, it isn't that generic nor is it REALLY original but it is executed very well. Gameplay is pretty much what you'll expect in third-person shooters with abilities to upgrade your weapons with gears, upgrade your character with pills and scavenging. My only problem with the gameDefinitely one of my favorite single-player game of the 7th generation. The story is amazing to say the least, it isn't that generic nor is it REALLY original but it is executed very well. Gameplay is pretty much what you'll expect in third-person shooters with abilities to upgrade your weapons with gears, upgrade your character with pills and scavenging. My only problem with the game overall is immersion. Your companions aren't really "in the world" with you as they cannot be noticed by enemies even if they walk right smack in front of them, they still won't alarm the enemies so that kinda takes a little bit of immersion out of the game but it doesn't warrant a point deduction. A must-buy for everyone unless you're a multiplayer centric gamer and don't enjoy single-player games. Expand
  45. Jun 3, 2014
    PlayStation 3
    This review is based on my experience and does not intend to insult other reviewers opinions. Story – From the opening scenes to the final moments of the game and that black screen hits your eyes you find yourself hooked on the story that Naughty dog shovel into your face. You fall in love with the relationships and the characters, the story itself you
    PlayStation 3

Story – From the opening scenes to the final moments of the game and that black screen hits your eyes you find yourself hooked on the story that Naughty dog shovel into your face. You fall in love with the relationships and the characters, the story itself you believe to be quite simple, a virus outbreak and survival, what some people don’t realise is that underneath the main story the sub stories are the ones that hook your mind and your heart. The fight for survival, the feel of loss in every direction, the sense of helplessness that shadows the main character even though he has been hardened by the world around him, the beauty of life that we all take for granted but seen through a girls eyes, the list is endless, words cannot describe the story, the story has to be seen and felt.

Graphics – The graphics are beautiful, the textures of the shirt on our main characters back to the beautiful yet disturbing settings around them all add up to a beautiful display of artwork and creativity. Realism and at some points you find yourself stood still and turning the camera around to view sections around you in awe.

Characters – The characters are the best part about this title, it is very difficult to describe them especially in just 5000 characters or less. Ellie and Joel bring something to your experience I personally have never experienced within a game before, in fact by the end of the game I found myself wanting a daughter for my first child, the chemistry between the two characters is heartfelt and breath-taking, you find yourself truly caring for them, their journey truly does become yours, from the silence and annoyance felt between the two at the beginning to the love and protection you get by the end. The characters whom they meet along the way also add that extra bit of excitement and heartbreak, one of my personal favourites is Bill, the character of few words and such a big story that if missed leaves him misunderstood. The depths within the game itself are mesmerising.

Result – This game is a life changing moment of art, the character development, the story, the action, the music… everything hooks you from the get go and once you start you have to finish it, you find yourself craving more and you miss the company of Ellie and Joel within other games. May sound over the top but if you find yourself one who appreciates the little details (Keep an eye out in the toy shop when one of the brothers you encounter picks up a toy and is told he can’t have it, watch Ellie closely and then quickly take the camera off her and back on her again and you will see a hidden gem that shows how cute they have made the character) you will truly love this game.

Of course there are certain things within the game that can make you scream for the hills, the AI can be very annoying at times, Ellie can seem to stand in front of enemies within a single bit of reaction from them and when you are sneaking through Clicker territory and Bill is romper stomping around the place it does tend to knock the illusion but if able put that aside and enjoy the ride.
  46. Jun 2, 2014
    To give this game less then a 10 would be an insult to the hard work that Naughty Dog have put in to make what I could argue is one of the best, if not the best, game of all time.
  47. Jun 2, 2014
    This game was emotionally the hardest game i've ever played. The characters were to me people i really cared and that made the experience much more harder. It's been probably close to a year since i completed the game and still i sometimes find myself thinking about the game. Best game i ever played.
  48. Jun 2, 2014
    Una bellissima esperienza che lascia il segno, grazie ad una storia avvincente, toccante e ben narrata, personaggi memorabili e credibili e un comparto grafico fantastico. Non posso dargli il massimo però a causa del gameplay, di buona fattura, ma abbastanza ripetitivo e non all'altezza del resto della produzione. Resta uno dei migliori giochi degli ultimi anni.
  49. May 31, 2014
    Naughty Dog has captured the soul of the gamer in this one. I would just like to say that whoever does not have a ps3 has missed this game big time!!! The intensity when a clicker or bloater is cming ur way is so thrliing !!! Guys evebn the multiplayer is awesome. Thought it takes a while to understand everything but that also has not failed to impress. Overall this game has to be on yourNaughty Dog has captured the soul of the gamer in this one. I would just like to say that whoever does not have a ps3 has missed this game big time!!! The intensity when a clicker or bloater is cming ur way is so thrliing !!! Guys evebn the multiplayer is awesome. Thought it takes a while to understand everything but that also has not failed to impress. Overall this game has to be on your most wanted list of games!!!!!!! Expand
  50. May 30, 2014
    The Last of Us

Campaign - The campaign is amazing, it has a story which not a lot of games have now a days, a interesting one, this was the game which i bought with my PS3 and i was not disappointed, its characters act real, you care for the characters and it has some of most emotional moments in video game history and for it being a PS3 game, its graphics push the boundaries.
    The Last of Us

Multiplayer - The multiplayer is the shocker for me, it is surprisingly fun, it has a nice use of survival, stealth and tactics, not just run and gun like most games (CoD, Battlefield).

Overall - The Last of Us is the one of only games i have played more than once, and wanted to and also has some moments which will bring the tears out, 10/10
  51. May 30, 2014
    Naughty Dog showing to the world (again) how to make excellent "movie-games". If you wanna play only a game it´s better to find another one because The Last of Us makes you penetrate into an amazing game experience were the characters involves you in a matter that sometimes you believe to be watching a movie or so. The script of the game is superb. The psychological evolution of theNaughty Dog showing to the world (again) how to make excellent "movie-games". If you wanna play only a game it´s better to find another one because The Last of Us makes you penetrate into an amazing game experience were the characters involves you in a matter that sometimes you believe to be watching a movie or so. The script of the game is superb. The psychological evolution of the characters is somehow unique. The last of us is a must have game. Expand
  52. May 29, 2014
    More than a game. The story was truly engrossing even if it's not the most original. The gameplay is not revolutionary but good enough to feel rewarding. Such great graphics/animation too.
  53. May 29, 2014
    This is one of the best games I ever played.

The characters are unique and interesting. The story is phenomenal and even puts you in a conflict with yourself, where you start to think, whether it's morally or not, what's happening there. The graphics for a PS3 are breathtaking, I've never seen such great textures. The gameplay is good, but not revolutionary. It's kinda nice,
    This is one of the best games I ever played.

The characters are unique and interesting.

The graphics for a PS3 are breathtaking, I've never seen such great textures.

The gameplay is good, but not revolutionary. It's kinda nice, that you can craft bombs etc., but it's extremely simple made.

This game will stay with me my whole life long.
  54. May 28, 2014
    I have a feeling that this game will live on as Half Life 2 has.
    The graphics are incredible, gameplay is very smooth at most times and the storyline is outright incredible. A must buy for any PS3 owner.
  55. AKR
    May 28, 2014
    Just ... WOWJust ... WOW . Expand
  56. May 25, 2014
    I first wrote a negative review of this game, about how clickers are annoying and how annoying and game breaking is their 1 shot kill animation. Now I progressed a lot through the game and I change my review. Although the plot may seem like a generic apocalypse stuff, characters are well written, voice acting is amazing and the way things progress throughout this apocalypse is much moreI first wrote a negative review of this game, about how clickers are annoying and how annoying and game breaking is their 1 shot kill animation. Now I progressed a lot through the game and I change my review. Although the plot may seem like a generic apocalypse stuff, characters are well written, voice acting is amazing and the way things progress throughout this apocalypse is much more interesting than they are in The Walking Dead, I Am Legend and many other apocalypse scenarios I've seen so far. The more you play, the more enjoyable it gets so don't give up playing in your first 5-6 hours of gameplay. Expand
  57. May 23, 2014
    Awesome, Mostly for people who has a heart, if you don't have one you can get one after playing this game. Game sucks you in and just don't want the story to end.
  58. May 22, 2014
    What makes this a Naughty Dog game and not simply a retread is the studio's use of actors, music, environments, characters, and gameplay. Everything here flows together beautifully much like the paintings of Leonardo da Vinci.
  59. May 21, 2014
    The Last of us is a good game, but it isn't great. The hype for this game is just way too much. For the purpose of a fair review I will state all aspects of the game and objectively give my opinion on it.

1. GRAPHICS- AAA ps3 only game made by naughty dog. Graphics should be superb, and they are, nuff said. 2. SOUND- the music of the last of us does what it's supposed too, it makes

2. SOUND- the music of the last of us does what it's supposed too, it makes you feel what you need to feel at just the perfect moments nothing felt out of place and some tracks did stand out. I personally love how it has this western like guitar thing going on and some orchestral ensembles here and there, I implore you as a gamer to just listen to the soundtrack by itself because it is good. (Favorite songs are the Last of us, All Gone, Vanishing Grace, and The Smugglers). Voice acting is very good, props to Ashley Johnson and Troy Baker though, they deserve their awards.

3. STORY- This is where things get pretty rocky for me. I hate the whole zombie survival craze happening right now and I'm tired of it. At least other games do something else with it or at least try. The last of us on the other hand just went and pretty much took the formula from the walking dead. If you take out the mushroom infection angle, some of the little details, and slapped on a walking dead title on it people wouldn't care or even be able to tell the difference. Also the people, what's with everyone being **** in post-apocalyptia? Is that what the last of us means? The last of us nice or kind of tolerable people. I know the angle of man up to survive or good people get left in the dirt but that's just not how humans or human society works people. I hate this formula. Look at fallout or metro, people have variety, people should be interesting not just guys you shoot at. The formula is even more predictable when you realize that there are no good or nice people in this world because they either die or are **** pretending to be good then they die. The relationship of Joel and Ellie is the main attraction here and their growth as human beings and as partners is emotional and the best part of the game. The ending however, is the worst. The ending felt rushed and the whole situation was just silly. No one should defend it. Moving on.

4. GAMEPLAY- There are action elements as well as stealth elements and you will rely on stealth more often. The premise here is that the infected rely mostly on hearing than sight, because mushrooms are coming out of their heads and you can use Joel's hearing to kind of echolocate them, unless you unlocked survivor mode which turns off the hearing mode. The infected humans called runners can still see and will charge you, as opposed to the clickers that shamble about slowly until you make a sound by running or throwing an object. I would talk more about the other infected like the bloaters and stalkers, but honestly I didn't notice the 2 stalkers you meet in the entire game and the bloaters that are like tanks and take a lot of damage to kill are few and far between. There are 2 bloaters you are required to fight but other than that it's best to just avoid them. Then there are the people, half of this game you are going to be fighting people, know that. These are the parts that are less interesting for me. It feels like watered down uncharted, sometimes I wish I was playing uncharted instead in these parts, but at least the game keeps up tension by giving you little to no ammo and forces you to sneak around or avoid fights all together. Throughout the whole game you will find manuals, what I think are pills, and salvage to upgrade Joel's stats, upgrade your guns and make the items you need, like bombs, Molotov cocktails, med kits, and shiv's to kill clickers with (cause hand to hand only works with runners and people) and open secret shiv doors with. The crafting and workbench systems are simple and easy to use albeit maybe too simple..hmm. But good enough. The stealth elements though are pretty..ok. I swear uncharted 3 had a more interesting yet just as clunky stealth system. Point is you crouch behind an enemy press a button and that's it, no other way to stealth kill, same animation every time. Also for a survival game, there's not many survival aspects.

FINAL THOUGHTS

The game is perfect..in a sense. It's just been done to death before, but it's the best of the done to death lot. It's honestly not breaking the mold like silent hill 2 or RE4 or hell even dead space. My only nitpick is that the AI sees you but not Ellie. It's weird seeing her run around making noise and the people are un phased by it. I would rather that I have to make her hide (like Ashley in re4), that would also make tense situations. Nothing about it is groundbreaking at all, any element was done and done better by games in this generation. It's generic, but perfectly generic. there's nothing that will make you hate it.It won't change your life but it will become the standard of what a polished game should be.Buy it.
  60. May 21, 2014
    The last of us si simply a masterpiece, it's the best looking game of the current/last gen consoles hands down. Gameplay can be a little repetitive if you're playing on easy/normal difficulty but when you crank it up to survivor you're going to get your ass handed to you. Story actually isn't that good on paper it's the execution that is brilliant the emotions between the characters is theThe last of us si simply a masterpiece, it's the best looking game of the current/last gen consoles hands down. Gameplay can be a little repetitive if you're playing on easy/normal difficulty but when you crank it up to survivor you're going to get your ass handed to you. Story actually isn't that good on paper it's the execution that is brilliant the emotions between the characters is the selling point.Aside from a few pacing problems the only thing i didn't like about the game was the ending, not that it was bad but it was just unsatisfying the game is currently spread open for a sequel and if they do one we can only pray it delivers. Expand
  61. May 20, 2014
    A true masterpiece, a generation defining game, and one of the best games you'll ever get to play.
    The Last Of Us is the culmination of the seventh generation of consoles and one of the best games ever made in history, it's amazing story makes you get attached to Ellie and Joel in a way that you just can't imagine, and it has some of the most engaging and realistic gameplay a game has ever had.

In 25 years from now it will still be played and remembered as a cult video game like no other.
  62. May 19, 2014
    This is the best looking, playthru, most excitement. I never gave up. This game is fresh new something different from any other game out there on the market. I beat this game a while ago I finally put my review. This my favourite game out there.
  63. May 19, 2014
    From the graphics, which almost seem like they belong on a PS4, to the top-notch voice acting, to the subtle and moving soundtrack, The Last of Us proves that video games can be a form of art. You owe it to yourself to play The Last of Us. It's that good. Read more here. http://intelligentgamer.org/2014/03/11/the-last-of-us-review/
  64. May 9, 2014
    Simply one of the best games ever made. The last of us had good graphics , a fun gameplay and by far the best story a video game has had so far. The game is not over rated as a lot of people have claimed it to be. I totally recommend The last of us for playstation 3 and 4 gamers .
  65. May 6, 2014
    The Last of Us is a masterpiece, it is easily the BEST game I have ever played. The graphics are absolutely amazing, the gameplay is flawless and the storyline....well the storyline is just perfected. I can't imagine rating this game any lower than 10/10 In my opinion.
  66. Apr 29, 2014
    Story: 9.7 out of 10 Graphics: 10 out of 10 Gameplay: 9 out of 10 Fun: 9.5 out of 10 Controls: 10 out of 10 Ease to Learn: 9.5 out of 10
    Multiplayer: 8 out of 10
    Length: 8.5 out of 10
    Re-play: 9 out of 10
    Audio: 10 out of 10
    Bugs/Glitches: barely any
  67. Apr 29, 2014
    Story:
    I really enjoyed the story, It had great writing, voice acting, and body language. The game also does a great job at making me care for Joel and Ellie as the story progresses by giving me those slow moments where the two engage in dialogues. 10/10
    Gameplay: This game can get extremely intense if you play it stealthy. Even though stealth is optional, you're most likely going to
    Story:

Gameplay:
    This game can get extremely intense if you play it stealthy. Even though stealth is optional, you're most likely going to be silent since ammo is scarce and the A.I can get really aggressive by charging, flanking, or suppressing you. One immersive braking mechanic is that the A.I won't attack your companions which isn't really annoying because imagine you're trying to sneak around, and Ellie accidently lures a clicker(infected) or bloater(super infected) to your location. I think it's a good idea for Naughty Dog to do this. You also need to explore to find parts needed to upgrade your weapons, supplements to boost your survival skills, and crafting items to build med kits and other useful stuff. 9/10

Graphics: T.L.O.U contains some of the most gorgeous and detailed graphics I've ever seen on a console. The facial models look realistic, great lighting, excellent sound design, and the backgrounds look beautiful. 10/10

Multiplayer: The multiplayer is really fun to play, but I do have some issues with it. First, instead of earning XP to level up, you have to gather supplies to help build your clan in order to unlock customization items. What this means is you have to do good in every match you're in in order to get supplies for your clan (you get most of your supplies from kills). This can be really hard when you have a clan of 70 because you're going to need around 70 to 80 supplies to keep your clan alive (which isn't easy). There are also only 2 game types which might limit replay value for some, and the game suffers from balancing issues bow almost being a 1-hit kill, smoke and shiv load outs, bombs, and more). 6/10

Verdict:
    The Last of Us is one of my favorite games of 2013 and one of my favorite PS3 exclusives. Go buy it, I'm sure you'll enjoy it. Rating: 9. P.S. Thanks for reading my 1st review.
  68. Apr 29, 2014
    The Last of Us is an absolutely beautiful experience that anyone who can get a hold of a PS3 should try. The story is pulled off well, the characters are believable and the gameplay is stunning. I couldn't recommend this more.
  69. Apr 27, 2014
    I haven't experience intensity in a very long time and this game has a lot of gameplay of it. I've never loved video game characters as I did with Joe and Ellie. I was hooked from beginning to end. Beat it in one day and definitely worth a $60 experience. It's dark and gritty. Alot of people criticized for a movie and not a game. It's a really good movie.
  70. Apr 26, 2014
    The story in this game is without a doubt the greatest story ever to be brought to a video game, ever. That is obviously the selling point for any gamer. But there are some really big issues with gameplay that at times really let this game down. But I believe me, along with most people who played through this game overlook a lot of that stuff. This game is definitely in the top 3 games ofThe story in this game is without a doubt the greatest story ever to be brought to a video game, ever. That is obviously the selling point for any gamer. But there are some really big issues with gameplay that at times really let this game down. But I believe me, along with most people who played through this game overlook a lot of that stuff. This game is definitely in the top 3 games of the past generation of consoles. An absolute must have for any PS3 owner. Expand
  71. Apr 26, 2014
    Masterpiece. Only one word is needed to review this game. It's simply something beautiful, memorable, emotional and incredibly special. Non- PS3 owners shall envy this game and they should. This is certainly a once in a generation experience and while it isn't a game in the most typical sense, it's something games haven't gone before. A game that genuinely will make you cry and neverMasterpiece. Only one word is needed to review this game. It's simply something beautiful, memorable, emotional and incredibly special. Non- PS3 owners shall envy this game and they should. This is certainly a once in a generation experience and while it isn't a game in the most typical sense, it's something games haven't gone before. A game that genuinely will make you cry and never forget some of the disturbing choices you are forced to make. An ending, that sticks with you and will never let go. Please don't miss out on this incredible experience especially if you own the PS3, it could well likely be the best game you've ever experienced. Expand
  72. Apr 26, 2014
    even though i have not played this game . i did watch it on youtube .Last of us is a game of fun , epic and a romantic story behind it . Its not a die had zombie game like [ dead rising 3 ] or any fun games . its actually a zombie classic . The realtionship between the ellie and joel during a zombie apocalypse is what is part of the game basically and find a way to get out of it . Grade A+
  73. Apr 24, 2014
    This is the type of game you dedicate entire afternoons to playing, soaking up every detail and visual you can. If you are a COD fanboy, and need action a million times a minute, this game is not for you. Think of it more as a interactive movie. The stealth-action gameplay is also fantastic, but you have to be patient in between the action, and realize this game has tons of characterThis is the type of game you dedicate entire afternoons to playing, soaking up every detail and visual you can. If you are a COD fanboy, and need action a million times a minute, this game is not for you. Think of it more as a interactive movie. The stealth-action gameplay is also fantastic, but you have to be patient in between the action, and realize this game has tons of character development and story-telling. The graphics are fantastic and the feeling of survival is really great.

Don't get me wrong, I love all sorts of games of different types including COD, Forza, God of War, etc. This, however, is my favorite game, and is exactly the kind of game I had always wanted to play. It fits me perfectly because it plays out like a movie. And I happen to love movies. If you love movies too, you'll love the last of us.
  74. Apr 23, 2014
    Absolutely superb. Fantastic, emotional and engaging story. Very smooth combat with smart enemies so you have to think on your plan of attack. Graphics are mindblowing with very detailed and realistic looking characters and environments. Overall I believe that this is one of the best games of all time. 10/10
  75. Apr 21, 2014
    The Last of Us is an incredible journey in the post apocalyptic United States. The game is simply an exemplary narrative of the lives of Joel and Ellie. Naughty Dog does a stellar job of expressing emotions through Artificial Intelligence, great voice acting, and spectacular animation. The characters have been developed to such an extent that they feel real. The little bits and pieces inThe Last of Us is an incredible journey in the post apocalyptic United States. The game is simply an exemplary narrative of the lives of Joel and Ellie. Naughty Dog does a stellar job of expressing emotions through Artificial Intelligence, great voice acting, and spectacular animation. The characters have been developed to such an extent that they feel real. The little bits and pieces in the game which force you to believe that they exist never fail to amaze me.

This game is one of a kind, and quite easily my favorite of all time. I highly recommend this game to anyone who has not yet played it.

I know it's late, but I advise you strongly to obtain a copy.
  76. Apr 16, 2014
    The highest compliment I can pay this game is it gave me the same feeling and pulled my interest in the same way Bioshock did. Incredible atmosphere, great story, and progressive gameplay that increases in difficulty from each area to the next. At it's heart it's a very, very good stealth game, and a good shooter, depending upon how you choose to the play your way forward, but it's theThe highest compliment I can pay this game is it gave me the same feeling and pulled my interest in the same way Bioshock did. Incredible atmosphere, great story, and progressive gameplay that increases in difficulty from each area to the next. At it's heart it's a very, very good stealth game, and a good shooter, depending upon how you choose to the play your way forward, but it's the story and the relationship between the two main characters that pulls you in. Not just an amazing game, an amazing experience. Expand
  77. Apr 16, 2014
    This game well and truely deserves all the high scores it gets. Really please get this game!! The price is still high but 100% worth it. The emotional attatchemnt you get to these characters is unbelieveable. From the first chapter right to the end. It really does stick with you. Of course obviously the graphics are beautiful, the acting very moving. Even if you aren't a fan of theThis game well and truely deserves all the high scores it gets. Really please get this game!! The price is still high but 100% worth it. The emotional attatchemnt you get to these characters is unbelieveable. From the first chapter right to the end. It really does stick with you. Of course obviously the graphics are beautiful, the acting very moving. Even if you aren't a fan of the whole zombie, apocolypse theme (which I do not enjoy) It is more about the story. The infected just take a back seat and play extras. Expand
  78. Apr 13, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. the last of us was a masterpiece that was absolutely perfect with troy baker as joel and ashley johnson as ellie . voice acting was perfect and it made me think that it was a movie I was watching and not a game that I played. the story was as well written as it could be . The gameplay fits perfecly in the game and it was amazing . But we can not forget the music . The music in the cargo of written by the talented Gustavo Santaolalla was amazing everytime I here the '' choice '' I get goosebumps , it reminds you of all you ellie and joel been through . The mood in the last of us is so clear
     ** Spoiler **
    if we take When ellie almost get raped by david and she is wandering around being super deprest or joel gets a petalpipe into his back and ellie 's all worried .

** NO spoiler **
    exept That the enemies could't see ellie ( exept When You Were playing as ellie ) , bill , henry, sam or tess I found nohing wrong with it. The Last of Us is THE best game I have ever played and if you have not played this game you buy it . Have a nice day .
  79. Apr 11, 2014
    If you have a PS3 and do not have this masterpiece, I absolutely advise you to... A. Purchase this game now on PS3. or B. Buy this game for PS4 when it releases near summer of this year.

I cannot tell you anything else besides the fact that this game has everything: < Next-gen looking graphics < An amazing story that makes you cry and smile and laugh with Joel and Ellie because you

I cannot tell you anything else besides the fact that this game has everything:
    < Next-gen looking graphics
    < An amazing story that makes you cry and smile and laugh with Joel and Ellie because you feel emotionally attached to them
    < Fluid and intense gameplay
    < Great atmosphere and level design
    < And much more...

GOTY 2013 for me absolutely.
  80. Apr 8, 2014
    Un videojuego fascinte y adicitivo que te atrapara en el primer minuto, una narracion extraordinaria, graficos apabullantes, personajes increibles y carismaticos, todo eso junto con una duracion de unas 12 o 17 horas por lo menos. Es maravilloso como este juego al jugarlo sientas que de verdad estas en un escenario apocaliptico. Sin duda y siendo sincero fue el mejor juego del 2013.
  81. Apr 7, 2014
    Hands down the best game I have ever played. It ruined playing any other game. I had to wait about 2 weeks before I could play anything else. It has it's faults, but what game doesn't. It is well worth the money! If your one of those people who like to just enjoy the ride then this game on EASY is perfect. If you want to go Boss then try harder difficulties. Either way it's amazing.
  82. Apr 5, 2014
    The Last of Us is a gorgeous and thrilling game with a superb story and great game mechanics. The graphics are stunning and the characters are very memorable and unique. In terms of gameplay mechanics, it plays like Uncharted without a cover system or a climbing system and much more brutal melee mechanics. It also has a superb multiplayer mode and a New Game+ mode to keep you playing afterThe Last of Us is a gorgeous and thrilling game with a superb story and great game mechanics. The graphics are stunning and the characters are very memorable and unique. In terms of gameplay mechanics, it plays like Uncharted without a cover system or a climbing system and much more brutal melee mechanics. It also has a superb multiplayer mode and a New Game+ mode to keep you playing after you finish the 12+ hour campaign. If you have a PS3, you MUST buy this game. Expand
  83. Apr 2, 2014
    Best game I've ever played. I'm sick of people giving this game a bad review it's literally the best game in the market. Best game ever, I love the mixture of dialogue, gameplay and the best graphics around.
  84. Apr 1, 2014
    2013. For a good couple of years as a dx11 pc gamer I had once again placed my ps3 at doorstop level (aside from the odd multimedia stream here and there) always ready to catch a glimpse of the next console exclusive. Then The Last of Us was released.
    WOW!!!
    WOW!!!
    This game far exceeded every expectation I had for an end of cycle first party sony release and IMO surpassed the fine efforts of valve on HL2 in using computer technology to convey story in a way completely unique to this industry. Every moment you experience is a part of this story and the strongest character is expressed through level design. Subtle cues of audio and visual effects texture art and animation stir emotions in ways the player may have thought to be exclusive to the realm of film production. On top of this excellent singleplayer is a fantastic multiplayer that for me, really evoked a sense of play seemingly forgotten by much of this industry. Well done naughty dog and sony for helping to make this magic possible.
  85. Mar 30, 2014
    What hasn't been said about this game that hasn't already been said. This game is a masterpiece, a stroke of pure genius from Naughty Dog. From the story to the multiplayer, there is no excuse not to play this game. Its a force of nature. The story is unforgivingly tragic and straight forward, unlike most games on the market. The performances are Oscar worthy and deserve nearly all theWhat hasn't been said about this game that hasn't already been said. This game is a masterpiece, a stroke of pure genius from Naughty Dog. From the story to the multiplayer, there is no excuse not to play this game. Its a force of nature. The story is unforgivingly tragic and straight forward, unlike most games on the market. The performances are Oscar worthy and deserve nearly all the praise it's been getting. The multiplayer is fantastic and is a breath of fresh air for Battlefield or CoD fans. If you own a PS3, there is no reason that you shouldn't buy this game, it's a masterpiece. Expand
  86. Mar 28, 2014
    Better than Uncharted series that Naughty Dog created. The gameplay mechanic was really kicking for horror theme and survival. The "in-House" and "Havok Psychic" engine was the best way to running the game system and really kicking!
  87. Mar 28, 2014
    Easily the best game of 2013. The story is one of the most emotional ones out there, the graphics are amazing and the fact it's running on old hardware is also amazing. The multiplayer is good which you usually in single-player based games there bad. If you don't own a ps3 this is a good reason to get one.
  88. Mar 26, 2014
    Amazing!,
    this game is awesome almost perfect without the bugs naughty dog has done well to well and I hope to see more and it has one of the best characters no lets rephrase that the best characters Joel and Ellie go so well together thanks! Dogs *claps* * aplauses*
  89. Mar 26, 2014
    Perfection doesn't exist. The Last Of Us on PS3 shouldn't exist either. What sorcery is this? How is the PS3 able to have this jewel in its crown? Naughty Dog used dark magic on the PS1 to create the Crash Bandicoot games, and again on the PS3 to create Uncharted 2, but this game... it's the equivalent of Nintendo's Super Mario Galaxy 2 on the Wii, a game that shouldn't exist on thatPerfection doesn't exist. The Last Of Us on PS3 shouldn't exist either. What sorcery is this? How is the PS3 able to have this jewel in its crown? Naughty Dog used dark magic on the PS1 to create the Crash Bandicoot games, and again on the PS3 to create Uncharted 2, but this game... it's the equivalent of Nintendo's Super Mario Galaxy 2 on the Wii, a game that shouldn't exist on that system, but it does. Expand
  90. Mar 24, 2014
    Naughty Dog did it again. They created an awesome game with an awesome storyline, awesome movements, awesome and scary enemies and of course awesome scenarios and graphics. This game is the best.
  91. Mar 23, 2014
    Masterpiece is the only thing that crosses my mind whenever I hear this game. If you own a PS3 and you love video games, it's a crime that you have not played this yet...
  92. Mar 23, 2014
    Arguably the greatest game of this generation; The Last Of Us is the culmination of Naughty Dog's very successful journey on the PS3. TLOU is truly a masterpiece of character-driven narrative, stunningly well realized world-building, profoundly believable characters, magnificent OST and voice acting, award-winning dialogue and intelligent systemic game design along with some of the best,Arguably the greatest game of this generation; The Last Of Us is the culmination of Naughty Dog's very successful journey on the PS3. TLOU is truly a masterpiece of character-driven narrative, stunningly well realized world-building, profoundly believable characters, magnificent OST and voice acting, award-winning dialogue and intelligent systemic game design along with some of the best, well acted cinematics you'll find in this medium. The characters in The Last Of Us (especially Joel and Ellie, not limited to however) are complex, deep, believable, and memorable. As the player you'll find yourself truly caring about them and their journey which is something a lot of video games fall short in achieving. If you're a gamer who cares more about the story and characters in your games than anything else, this is as good as it gets. The one tip I'll give to people who are interested but haven't yet played the game, don't rush. Take your time and explore buildings and areas, you can find notes that are in my opinion worth reading and while exploring different areas you can trigger certain conversations with Ellie (some that happen without you having to press any button and some that you need to press triangle for) that are definitely worth it and add to this one of a kind experience. Try not to miss out on those. Expand
  93. Mar 23, 2014
    If I could give this game an 11 out of 10 then I would. In terms of graphics, story, gameplay and mechanics this masterpiece is lightyears ahead of anything out there at the moment. Currently on my 7th playthrough and it hasn't lost one bit of thrill. An absolute must buy if you have a PS3. If you do have a PS3 and not this game then WHAT ARE YOU DOING !!!???
  94. Mar 23, 2014
    Great game with great story. The presentation is exceptional but where i found the game a little weak is on the gameplay level. I hate cheap "one-shot-kill" and even if i found the game really fascinating, I didn't had as much fun to actually play it that i though I would. One last thing : I hate clickers !
  95. Mar 22, 2014
    If you have a PS3 then please do yourself a favour and buy this amazingly story and action driven game that really gives even the most talented Hollywood script writers a run for their money!
  96. Mar 21, 2014
    Naughty Dog has done it again! Another masterpiece that I'm thankful I played all throughout. The story is what makes this game really good, the characters are well developed along with the great voice acting, but the gameplay is great as well. A mix of Uncharted and Resident Evil I must say. The multiplayer is unique and heart pumping! But the game itself is worth buying just for theNaughty Dog has done it again! Another masterpiece that I'm thankful I played all throughout. The story is what makes this game really good, the characters are well developed along with the great voice acting, but the gameplay is great as well. A mix of Uncharted and Resident Evil I must say. The multiplayer is unique and heart pumping! But the game itself is worth buying just for the campaign mode. A must-play Expand
  97. Mar 20, 2014
    Beautiful game. Pushing the art of storytelling in to a new age. Gritty, emotional, tense and fun. No one has created a more immersive story and involving characters than Naughty Dog.
  98. Mar 19, 2014
    I can only really say a few things about this game. and they are this: based on the mechanics, story, gameplay, characters, difficulty, enemies, and atmosphere, I'd have to say this is HANDS DOWN the best game I've ever played. from the amazing graphics, to the characters who make you feel like they're real people. the voice acting is amazing. the entire game is amazing, even at the partsI can only really say a few things about this game. and they are this: based on the mechanics, story, gameplay, characters, difficulty, enemies, and atmosphere, I'd have to say this is HANDS DOWN the best game I've ever played. from the amazing graphics, to the characters who make you feel like they're real people. the voice acting is amazing. the entire game is amazing, even at the parts that make you want to punch a hole in your tv. this is the only game I've ever played where i have not changed the disk a single time from beginning to end. i loved this game and think the only score that can actually describe how amazing this game is is a score of 100/10. The Last of Us is a game that I'd recommend for anyone who likes a violent, action packed game. Expand
  99. Mar 19, 2014
    jogo perfeito
    otimos graficos
    jogo desafiador
    otimos personagens que prendem vc ao jogo e se adequam um ao outro,num mundo caotico o jogo mostra o lado humano dos personangens
  100. Mar 18, 2014
    Me, being a gamer try to find the bad and the good in games, the good was that the voice acting felt like I was In a movie theater it felt real. Another great thing about this game is that the cut scenes are outstanding! I also enjoyed the emotional roller coaster, and how they unveil each others past in the game.
    The bad, well the multiplayer, if you hated uncharted 3s multiplayer, well
    The bad, well the multiplayer, if you hated uncharted 3s multiplayer, well that sucks cause this is worse, the last of us and uncharted should stay single player. That's really the only problem I had with the game, a must have for a ps3 owner!

1. Sep 16, 2013
  2. Sep 10, 2013
  3. Official PlayStation Magazine Benelux
    Sep 4, 2013
    Despite the breakneck pace of the prologue, it takes quite a while for The Last of Us to pick up some speed again. However, once the cold harsh winter arrives, the action (and story) ramps up. So much so, it puts most Hollywood productions to shame. [July 2013, p.76]