• Publisher: SCEA
  • Release Date: Jun 14, 2013
9.2

1. Jan 30, 2014
    Just a great game. I loved the story, the characters and the gameplay. I even like the multiplayer. It's my personal pick for GOTY and my favorite game. If you have a PS3, I seriously recommend the game.
  2. Jan 30, 2014
    I had very big expectations for this Naughty Dog project... AND I LOVED IT! This is without any doubt, one of the best games i've ever played!! The Single-Player campain is awesome and the story is amazing!! The graphics are beautiful! The Gameplay is great! And the multiplayer is pretty good, but not better than Uncharted though! And now After beating it i can easily say that this is theI had very big expectations for this Naughty Dog project... AND I LOVED IT! This is without any doubt, one of the best games i've ever played!! The Single-Player campain is awesome and the story is amazing!! The graphics are beautiful! The Gameplay is great! And the multiplayer is pretty good, but not better than Uncharted though! And now After beating it i can easily say that this is the game with the best story i've ever played!! I think every ps3 owner should buy this game before upgarding to ps4! Thank you Naughty Dog! Expand
  3. Jan 27, 2014
    It held a place in my heart. Naughty dog brought us what everyone wanted. Definitely revolutionized the voice acting aspect in games. Hands down, best game on the ps3, a must buy. Not to mention addictive multiplayer as well.
  4. Jan 26, 2014
    It is epic story and all, I was really excited playing it for the 1st time. But now even after several months I finished it I realize that I don't want to play it again, as its just pretty straight forward one-shoot game. The world is big but it split on small levels and it is just a decoration.
    I would say the ending also a bit disappointing.
  5. Jan 25, 2014
    Mine think its the best game ever my life what i have ever played, i have played in pc many years, now i got ps3 and when i get hands on The Last Of Us its just looks phenomenal, it's masterpiece. I finished game two days ago and in end i realized, how can be game that awesome all if this game is so perfect and beautiful. Mine think its yes the best game ever, seriously.

NaughtyDog has

NaughtyDog has made excellent work agin. I thinking do purchase Post-Pandemic Edition or Survival Edition, probably Survival one. If this game self even cost 300€ i will definitely buy that without think about that. Thants are mine rating of that game.

Also i have allready pre-orded Left Behind SP DLC, cannot wait when 14 come :P
    So now if i see rating overall that game ign/gamespot/eurogamer all give max points.

The Last Of Us - Masterpiece Art of game.
  6. Jan 24, 2014
    journeyfreak787
    Jun 14, 2013
    This game truly is phenomenal. Naughty Dog proves yet again why they are the kings of the PS3, and arguably gaming in general. The Last of Us gets everything right. The environments, the atmosphere, the gameplay, the storyline, the characters, the graphics. Everything. I really can't say enough how amazing this game truly ended up being.
  7. Jan 24, 2014
    A beautiful looking game on every console. This was a very fun game that i enjoyed very much, It was pretty hard and challenging at some spots in the game, but keeps you gripping your seat because you can get super scared. the zombies in the game seemed mostly realistic the names were funny two for the zombies (The Clickers) lol for example. overall a great game and definitely worth getting.
  8. Jan 23, 2014
    Well although there were lots of 10/10s,but the combat system compared to the one they showed before they released the game(I know the release will be different from before...)was so much more realistic,even though i never do get bored of the combat,but it's variety is not really that good and multiplayer is screwed by CoD and BF4,it took me 10 minutes just to find a group of people,andWell although there were lots of 10/10s,but the combat system compared to the one they showed before they released the game(I know the release will be different from before...)was so much more realistic,even though i never do get bored of the combat,but it's variety is not really that good and multiplayer is screwed by CoD and BF4,it took me 10 minutes just to find a group of people,and people wanted zombie mode but naughty dog said that it can't work because that the zombies would mess up some stuff.The new customization items,this is how i see it:you pay for a dlc so that you can pay more money for a dlc within a dlc,wow(eventhough I had the online pass code.) Expand
  9. Jan 22, 2014
    The Last Of Us:
    +Best Storyline+
    +Best Characters+
    +Amazing Graphics+
    +Great Voice Acting+
    +Nice Sound Effects+

The Last Of Us is absolutely one of the best games ever.
  10. Jan 20, 2014
    GOOD THINGS:
    PLOT: I thought it very cliché, similar to I am the Legend and War of the Worlds, but the characters are very charismatics, and the narrative goes very well.
    GAMEPLAY: Very fun, either Stealth or TPS, both are perfect, making improvised weapons are cool, finding medicine and pieces to Level Up are very good made.
    Soundtrack: very sad, and absent in the most time.
  11. Jan 20, 2014
    I've been a gamer for over two decades now (ever since the original Nintendo), and I can firmly and confidently say that this is THE best game I've ever played.

This game without a doubt deserves 5/5. I feel that anyone that gives it less didn't get what it was trying to do. This isn't a standard video game. It's primary purpose is to tell you a story. An interactive story, where you actually feel like you're there with the characters, experiencing everything with them as they experience it. It's something books and movies can't quite pull off, and is video game specific. Even among games, it's extremely rare that a truly successful and well-done interactive narrative can be pulled off so successfully. Everything really matters.

The only downside I can think of is that there is a ton of swearing, and a pretty decent amount of violence, so this game isn't for the little ones below 10 years. Also, the AI does odd stuff occasionally. But virtually everything else is virtually flawless, breath-taking, heart-breaking, and intense. The writing, art & environments, acting, and music are all above top-notch. It will keep you on the edge of your seat, whether it be due to wondering what's lurking around the corner, or to hear what interesting tid-bit your in-game companions will say next.

This game is for anyone and everyone that appreciates a good story. If you've ever enjoyed a fictional book, movie, or video game, in your entire life, you owe yourself this experience. Do what you have to do, to become the last of us. You won't regret it.

P.S. You should really read the very short prequel comics first (before playing the game), written by the head writer of the game. They're official storyline, and really do add a lot of little neat things and details to the game that you wouldn't appreciate or would miss otherwise.
  12. Jan 19, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This is one of the greatest games I've ever played on my life, the story is great, the voice acting is some of the best, if not the best ever, the gameplay is dynamic, and different than most games, and the zombies are different than any other type of other zombies, the ending isn't a clichéd ending that a Hollywood blockbusters have, and the multiplayer is actually a lot of fun.
    This is a perfect game.
  13. Jan 19, 2014
    Never have I completed an interactive experience such as this one. An incredibly beautifully created game with intense, solid, brutal gameplay, and a narrative that grips and keeps moving you along in a way that I've never had before. Fantastic acting and dynamic interactions. The character movement may feel a bit clunky compared to other current titles, but it's a small thing toNever have I completed an interactive experience such as this one. An incredibly beautifully created game with intense, solid, brutal gameplay, and a narrative that grips and keeps moving you along in a way that I've never had before. Fantastic acting and dynamic interactions. The character movement may feel a bit clunky compared to other current titles, but it's a small thing to overlook when considering the overall masterpiece that this gem really is. A greatly satisfying and thought-provoking journey. Expand
  14. Jan 19, 2014
    This game is one of the best games I've ever experienced. Beautiful graphics, a clear and an amazing story that won't get played confused about the plot. The voice acting is incredible. The story is so heartbreaking in some of the scenes. As in Tess. And the way Ellie bonds with Joel. I can't imagine anyone giving this a negative rating. ood job, Naughty-Dog.
  15. Jan 19, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. A game that has outstanding depth and character development, along with a fantastic story, questionable decisions, and towards the end, an almost seemingly unethical turn around for the entire game. Just to point out, I have used the spoilers disclaimer, and I rarely use it; this review does contain some pretty big spoilers, so just in case you disputed the disclaimer, please bear that in mind.

So, to start with, the game opens with an incredibly emotional scenario; starting off as Joel's daughter, you end up caught in an escalating event, an incredibly dramatic set up for the entire story. Passing through the town, and into the city, the game throws some incredibly elaborate (and some rather subtle) set pieces that truly drag you deep into the catastrophe. This immersion is something which should be plentiful nowadays, unfortunately isn't. It really shows how far Naughty Dog have come since their debut with Crash Bandicoot. The intro makes you think, and feel, as though you are truly there.

The game itself is set twenty years later, beginning in a tight quarantine zone. Throughout the game, you will experience a plethora of various environments; cityscapes, suburbs, sewers, city outskirts and forests, and small towns. Whilst the most commonplace is downtown cities, the game definitely mixes it up with varied and beautifully detailed areas, which definitely keep the game fresh.

Throughout the game, Joel and Ellie (a young girl who seems to hold the key to immunity to the disease) develop in ways I personally rarely see in games, with exception to Spec Ops; The Line. Several decisions they make could be questioned on their necessity, and towards the end, Joel becomes something almost barbaric. This character development should be noted, as it begins to blur the line as to who the bad guys REALLY are. At the end of the game, Joel makes probably the most controversial decision in the entire game; killing those that could be considered the saviours of mankind, all to protect Ellie. Whether this move could be considered good or evil is far from difficult, and leaves the player thinking hard, long after the game is over.

In terms of gameplay, the survival aspects are fantastic, the combat brutal (bullet shots FEEL like bullet shots, each taking a huge impact on the player), and overall, keeps you on the edge at all times. Expect to die a lot, but also to feel satisfied should you make it through. This game is not for the faint of heart, but giving you the option of either stealth or guns blazing is something which can involve a far greater range of audience. Expect, however, to have to perform both, as supplies are scarce, and complete stealth throughout the entire game is expected only of true gaming ninjas. Prepare to put up a fight.

Overall, the game is fantastic and diverse, with occasional break points, where you are free to just wander around and take in each environment, gathering supplies for further confrontation. Combat is, of course, plentiful, and this game suits those looking for both a good story, and a game that provides decent stealth and survival aspects on the side. Should those meet your needs, buy this game. It's far beyond worth it. I haven't yet touched multiplayer, but in the singleplayer alone, this game is well deserving of a 10/10.

Naughty Dog have done it again.
  16. Jan 18, 2014
    By far the game of the year, and maybe the best game of all time. The best graphics I've ever seen, great gameplay, a terrific story and characters, and a surprisingly good multiplayer makes this game a incredible farewell to the PS3. Anybody who writes a negative review is probably a Xbox fanboy.
  17. Jan 16, 2014
    This game is great. It's enjoyable, has a fantastic storyline, and is packed full of emotion and grit.
    The ingame relationship between Joel and Ellie is well made, and shows how they fight for survival against the frightning zombies.While the game does offer some new groundbreaking features, it can get a little bit repetitive.
    The enemies are really well made. Everything from the

The enemies are really well made. Everything from the bandits to the zombies look and feel real. During the Clicker scenes, you can't help feeling scared while you're crawling along the floor with clicking in your ear. The game is very emotional, and all the cutscenes are amazing.

But this game does have some cons. As mentioned by some people, enemies do not react to your team mates (Ellie for example). Especially with Bill, he runs like a bloody elephant, and nothing detects him. But if you screw up one tiny bit, the Clickers'll get you. Also, the shooting mechanics are a bit frustrating. To veteran PS3 players, it's a walk in the park, but me (who is new to consoles), it is difficult aiming a pistol.

(Kudos to the people who designed, animated and created the Clickers. Those are some funky as enemies, and one of the greatest zombie types of all time.)

Regarding crafting, what can I say? You scavenge parts and use them to craft items, upgrade your weapons and make Joel be able to shoot faster etc. There is a lot of loot lying around, and you can't be too picky in this time of apocalypse...

All I can say is, get this game. It is an emotional rollercoaster!
  18. Jan 16, 2014
    The last of us is a game which has been surrounded by a lot of hype and during the first few hours of gameplay you would be forgiven for being a little disappointed. The level design is linear and claustrophobic, the controls are cumbersome and the puzzles are simplistic to say the least.
    The limited ammunition theme (though it feels artificial most of the time - e.g. happening to always keep you around 7 or 8 pistol rounds whether you use them or not) as well as the crafting mechanic serve to up the tension though. Unfortunately, this tension is relieved somewhat when one of your companions bumps into an enemy and they don't react. It seems that only the player is visible when sneaking in the last of us and that's a cop out that really hurts this game.

You'll spend as much time hiding as shooting as you evade the decent enemy AI which will seek to flank you when given the opportunity. That being said, the tiny environments limit the AI's tactics as much as they limit the player. Though they get slightly bigger as the game progresses, they never feel open and the game can feel like it's on rails. Even on hard difficulty the game gives you hints of what to do next every 30 seconds and the "listen" mechanic means that enemies will be unable to sneak up on you or hide. There are no choices to be made except whether to shoot or sneak behind obstacles which are haphazardly placed like those at a paintball event. It's pretty obvious when an enemy encounter is imminent as coherent level design gives way to random crates for you to hide behind.

There are other annoyances too - sometimes your torch won't be pointing the same was as the light coming from it would suggest and "infected" will drop ammunition even though they have been zombies for "years" as one of the main characters comments.

Stick with this game, however, and you will be rewarded - the story is what really makes this game great . I won't spoil the surprise by telling you too much but the relationship between the two main characters and how that relationship develops is captivating. The environments are pretty enough by PS3 standards but you won't be waxing lyrical about them if you are used to PC visuals. As mentioned earlier, the crafting mechanic adds a lot to the game and the limited availability of ammunition and weapons makes finding either feel like Christmas each and every time. It's just a shame that enemies don't drop ammo relevant to the weapon they are using. It's little things like that which break the immersion in the game.

Overall the last of us is a good effort. It takes some decent if "safe" gameplay, tarts it up with a few interesting little elements and then smothers it in a great story. People say this is more of an interactive film than a game and I can see their point. You come back to it in the same way you come back to an episode of your favourite TV series - curious to find out what happens next. Ultimately though, however good the story is, it can't disguise the linear, by the numbers gameplay and that simply isn't good enough in this day and age of open worlds and decisions which have consequences.

It's a solid 8 and everyone should play it but ratings of 10 out of 10 are just silly.
  19. Jan 16, 2014
    Not for the faint of heart. This is the kind of game that is so dark, gritty and uncompromisingly brutal, that you are probably gonna want to take a shower. I don't know how I didn't play this sooner. The Last of Us features, in my opinion, the most engrossing story in the history of video games. Everything about the game is heart-wrenching. You feel the pain, sadness, and utter despairNot for the faint of heart. This is the kind of game that is so dark, gritty and uncompromisingly brutal, that you are probably gonna want to take a shower. I don't know how I didn't play this sooner. The Last of Us features, in my opinion, the most engrossing story in the history of video games. Everything about the game is heart-wrenching. You feel the pain, sadness, and utter despair through every moment.

The combat is fantastic and is an example for all 3rd person shooters. Fantastic mechanics, good cover system, and endless possibilities in terms of taking on enemies. The gameplay feels so natural, it is often panic-inducing.

As if the story isn't worth the price tag, the multiplayer is endlessly entertaining. Unlike run-of-the-mill multiplayer experiences (COD for example), this requires teamwork and smart use of resources. It can be a little overwhelming at first. It has a pretty steep learning curve, but after getting acquainted with the single player, it becomes second nature. I tend to burnout on games after 10 hours or so, but The Last of Us is an exception.

Graphics are A+. Can't say anything more.

If you enjoy intense gaming experiences and want something that will stick with you, play this NOW.
  20. Jan 15, 2014
    This is the best game ever made since Final Fantasy VII IMO. This should be GOTY and this is top 5 game of all time in my top 10 list !!!. GTA V is overrated and this game is way better.
  21. Jan 15, 2014
    It's true, in my opinion, that it doesn't live up to the hype. But that doesn't stop it from being a complete pleasure to play. I would have awarded it more points, but the story (whilst being very strong) didn't resonate with me on the emotional level I really wanted. Yet stunning visuals and fun gameplay easily make it one of the best games of 2013
  22. Jan 14, 2014
    Naughty Dog makes good games. Really good games. The Last of Us premise sounded fairly basic, and not something I usually go for: post-apocalyptic zombies vs regular people. Of course, they had a new twist--the zombies were victims of a fungal brain infection. Still not enough I would likely have tried it ... Except these are the people who made the Uncharted games.

Graphics: Gorgeous.

Graphics:
    Gorgeous. A dirty, post-apocalyptic world never looked so good. Seriously, the shadows and reflections are stunning.

Story:
    Let's just say I was still thinking about the ending days later. The characters are fully realized, with unique and compelling personalities, true to themselves. Both protagonists have moments when you might not even like them, but you always kind of love them. You feel them. Especially, Ellie, who is surprisingly sassy.

Gameplay:
    Heavy focus on stealth, with plenty of combat and a few environmental puzzles, though nothing as deep as Uncharted. Everything performs so smoothly the control scheme disappears. You can almost forget you're playing a game.

Because resources like ammo are scarce, you're always trying to deal with or avoid enemies in quiet ways without alerting them. Like silent takedowns, which are a real pleasure, and take just long enough to make you nervous someone's buddy will spot you doing it.

There are also some upgrades available, both to your character, and even more fun, to your individual weapons. You can increase the clip capacity, reload speed, and so forth. A system that carries over into Newgame +, which I actually tried out a bit just to continue enjoying the enhancement system.

Overall 10/10
  23. Jan 13, 2014
    Everything has been already written and said. It is that good, really! Anyone considering buying the cheapest secondhand peace of PS3 hardware just to give it a try should do it! Afterwards you can peacefully put it away knowing that money were most well spent!! It is that one of kind GAME that makes you totally forget about the thing that you "just playing video games", giving you theEverything has been already written and said. It is that good, really! Anyone considering buying the cheapest secondhand peace of PS3 hardware just to give it a try should do it! Afterwards you can peacefully put it away knowing that money were most well spent!! It is that one of kind GAME that makes you totally forget about the thing that you "just playing video games", giving you the single best ART experience throughout all media (music, books, comics, movies etc..) this year.

There are some AI bugs, but you will forgive, for this one is aiming different direction. That is to give you great story, characters, experience, perspective and fill you with emotions. I dont normally write much about stuff but this time I had to just to shake it off my mind a bit. It sticks so very much.
  24. Jan 12, 2014
    This is a very violent, dark, yet beautiful adventure brought in a very masterful way that few gaming companies (and writers) do. It´s not like Uncharted at all, where the action is in your face every five seconds: this game keeps a slow pace, and it kept my attention all the way through. I don´t think I felt so engaged to a pair of characters so much since Bioshock Infinite. Naughty DogThis is a very violent, dark, yet beautiful adventure brought in a very masterful way that few gaming companies (and writers) do. It´s not like Uncharted at all, where the action is in your face every five seconds: this game keeps a slow pace, and it kept my attention all the way through. I don´t think I felt so engaged to a pair of characters so much since Bioshock Infinite. Naughty Dog made a fantastic work into Joel and Ellie, and I absolutely loved Ellie´s development as, both a survivor and a badass female protagonist, a very brave teenager living in a cruel and rough world with Hunters and Bloaters on the way. Gameplay was ferocious, violent and intense, with lots of unique survivor horror elements, and I liked how Joel´s anger when he fights, combined with the context in the combat sections as well knowing the enemy, really made me hate the Hunters and Fireflies standing in my way, thus proving a very intense (and dramatic) gameplay experience. Now, it´s not without its faults: friendly A.I. was sometimes sloppy, and it had some glitches, like when an enemy was stuck in a chair or table after I strangled him, it would move in a very creepy way. But in the end, this was an emotional experience, with a very shocking ending, and I would definitely replay it again. Game of the Generation? That can be discussed a lot, but I could see this game go to a lot of people´s top Game of the Year list, and hearts. Expand
  25. Jan 11, 2014
    The whole game was amazing(especially the beginning)! Everything in this game was so well-organised and so good.The story was very good.The characters were also very good(Ellie was amazing).The graphics were very good and very real.Excellent atmosphere for this type of game.The environment was also very good and very real.The game has the perfect gameplay to be called a survival game and IThe whole game was amazing(especially the beginning)! Everything in this game was so well-organised and so good.The story was very good.The characters were also very good(Ellie was amazing).The graphics were very good and very real.Excellent atmosphere for this type of game.The environment was also very good and very real.The game has the perfect gameplay to be called a survival game and I like it very much.You explore the world to find ammo and components and you combine the components to create useful tools(melee weapons,explosives,...).The music was also very good.With less words, the campaign is excellent.I haven't played competitive yet because I borrowed the game from a friend of mine but It seems to be very good and very special.Of course I recommend everyone that hasn't played this game to buy it.This game is in my top 4 favourite games of all time!I hope that Naughty Dog will come up with a second The Last Of Us game some time. Expand
  26. Jan 11, 2014
    This was the best experience I had playing a game. PERIOD. The story is an emotional investment that is not to disappoint. Gameplay wise, the stealth mechanics are intuitive and responsive. Not to mention a surprisingly deep multiplayer mode. All in all, best game of my gaming career. A must see for any true gamers out there.
  27. Jan 11, 2014
    Naughty Bear's Left 4 Dead 3 is a stellar game that should get attention from every video game fanatic. You fight your way through necromorphs and the rebel alliance along with your AI partner Ellen Page,
  28. Jan 9, 2014
    An apocalypse like NO OTHER! This game combines Dead space 2, with uncharted and makes a beautiful healthy baby game!
    With a game that will test your stealth skills and shooting skills! Play as joel, an avarage smuggler and Ellie, a teenager that makes you smile every time she talks.
    With awesome shooting mechannics and really good stealth segments, but the cover system COULD get some work... Seriously...
    A.I needs a bit of work, specially ellie's AI. But Naughty dog said that he did that on purpouse so im OK with that (She's invisible to the enemy)
    The story and some parts in it has some cliches and you can see whats going to happen.. but the characters makes up for it.
    Another thing that needs some serious work, is the Melee combat, I expected something a bit like uncharted 3, but this time they decided to go for a more, movie like approach.

Now the multiplayer, The MP is one of the most original aspects I have seen, Outside of battle you have a Minigame, where you build up your clan (Which can be filled with the names of your facebook friends, just for laughs) and complete missions as you struggle to survive 12 weeks. In order to survive you need to earn supplies from matches.

It has 3 game modes:
    *Supply Raid -Basic Team Deathmatch, but you have a limited amount of respawns.
    *Survivor: Adrenaline at its purest! No respawns, 4 rounds.
    *Interrogations: The newest addition to multiplayer, and a very original as well. Down your opponents and interrogate them to earn intel, and locate the Lockbox to win!

All of these modes needs TEAMWORK. Specially Survivor mode. So if you have a couple of friends with you, invite them. Or you may need to rely on strangers on your next match... And that might not be good...

Now i know that the multiplayer might sound perfect but.. It has alot of glitches.

*If you're discconected from PSN, and you choose "Factions" from the main menu to connect, you might get a message saying that your connections isnt strong enough (When it IS.)

*If you attack an enemy at the same time he attacks you with both a nail board you might or not die instantly... Even if you hit him first...

*Nail Bombs may NOT explode if the enemy lands on top of it.

Also, there is no Horde mode or anything (Naughty dog said that they have a hard time making the infected work on multiplayer..)

The game has one of the most beautiful soundtracks in games, with really awesome SFX.
    And the graphics is one of the best of the PS3.

This game gets an 8.5/10.

THE GOOD:
    AWESOME SHOOTING AND STEALTH MECHANICS.
    BEAUTIFUL GRAPHICS AND SOUNDTRACK
    ORIGINAL MP.

THE BAD:
    The story is filled with Cliches...
    Cover system needs some work.
    Melee combat also needs some work.
    Multiplayer has some annoying glitches...
  29. Jan 8, 2014
    The Last of Us does an amazing job of immersing you in a great story, with well written characters and cleverly subtle level design. This design makes you feel empathy with the characters and feel the utter lack of hope of the world they live in.
    But this design has been very much focused on how to tell the story, with game play being built around this. Subsequently I felt at times that I was constricted in the choices I could make and directions I could go. Though I don't think there's any way to reconcile this constriction with the way you met being told the story.
    I found the hand to hand combat too basic as well, given that mashing the same button would generally work, I would have liked to have been challenged more by this.
    I enjoyed the stealth sections more than any other sneaking game I've played and liked the way weapons and 'experience' could be customised.
    Well worth playing.
  30. Jan 7, 2014
    My favourite single player game of all time.

The story was incredibly addictive, made me never want to put my controller down, and like a good book, I found myself thinking about the characters when I wasn't playing it.

If you play one game in your lifetime, make it this game.
  31. Jan 6, 2014
    First and foremost, I apologise for this language is not my first language but I had to write my first review of a game for this particular title. I've been playing video games my entire life and this game is the most accomplished single player experience I've ever had. The gameplay is flawless, the art design is phenomenal but I'd to point out a single scene that I thought was truly aFirst and foremost, I apologise for this language is not my first language but I had to write my first review of a game for this particular title. I've been playing video games my entire life and this game is the most accomplished single player experience I've ever had. The gameplay is flawless, the art design is phenomenal but I'd to point out a single scene that I thought was truly a stroke of genius. Most of the players who have finished this game will know what I'm going to write about. It's the first time I have felt such emotion playing a video game. There is a particular scene where Joel and Ellie are just watching a beautiful scenery and I didn't want to go any further. I knew things could go bad for either of them, so I stared, alongside Joel and Ellie and just cried... And the ending is just awesome too. This is the most mature storytelling I've ever seen in video games (with the walking dead season 1). Expand
  32. Jan 6, 2014
    Last of Us is a masterpiece, the relationship between Joel and Ellie is strong and make you really care about them, some moments i became sad and this is awesome, only few games make you feel inside of the story, soundtrack is amazing as the scenario, the cities and towns beautiful, the game in maximum difficulty is really interesting.
  33. Jan 6, 2014
    If you look at it for what it is, the last of us is really just a 3rd person cover based shooter with stealth mechanics, very much like tomb raider or uncharted. But that isn't what makes it special. What makes the Last of Us special is the story, the characters, the world that is created, one you feel a part of and immersed in.

The last of us proves that functional controls and an

The last of us proves that functional controls and an amazing story are a winning formula for games.
  34. Jan 6, 2014
    10 out of 10 is not high another to tell you how perfect this game is the story is so deep you will not stop playing this games story for day's which you will need because of it's long story that hook's you from the beginning of a girl in her house looking for dad Joel the main character to the end spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler. so again the ending Spoiler Spoiler makes the game even10 out of 10 is not high another to tell you how perfect this game is the story is so deep you will not stop playing this games story for day's which you will need because of it's long story that hook's you from the beginning of a girl in her house looking for dad Joel the main character to the end spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler. so again the ending Spoiler Spoiler makes the game even thought it's not as good as Bioshock infinite and Gone home but it's the most emotional excluding (Gone Homes) ever Expand
  35. Jan 6, 2014
    The last of us is a masterpiece and an fine example of how games can have an outstanding story, incredible gameplay, unbelievable graphics and some of the most tense combat ive ever played, to be honest its hard to find faults and yes the friendly AI can be a pain in the ass and break the immersion but Naughty Dog did that on purpose so if you want to go stealth your teammate wont give youThe last of us is a masterpiece and an fine example of how games can have an outstanding story, incredible gameplay, unbelievable graphics and some of the most tense combat ive ever played, to be honest its hard to find faults and yes the friendly AI can be a pain in the ass and break the immersion but Naughty Dog did that on purpose so if you want to go stealth your teammate wont give you away which is alot better than allowing your teammates to be spotted so that is actually a positive, and the enemy AI really makes up for as they are very clever and will really test your strategic mind. Overall the last of us is quite simply a masterpiece and while ive said this about many other games ive reviewed i only review games on this site that i think are masterpieces so im not just giving every game a 10/10 and calling it a masterpiece, but this game really is so my score: 10/10 Expand
  36. Jan 4, 2014
    The characters and how their relationships are built throughout the game is worthy of the highest praise. The plot plays second fiddle and simply provides an interesting context for the game's content. The Last Of Us is a great character study and there are a number of subtle moments between Ellie and Joel that really stand out.

My only gripe is the deaf and blind response of the enemy

My only gripe is the deaf and blind response of the enemy AI to your companion AI when in stealth mode. Admittedly it's not a game-breaker but it certainly put a damper on the immersion factor when it did occur. As I said, this is the game's only real problem and everything else is exceptional. Unflinchingly violent, nerve wracking and as poignant as a video game can be.
  37. Jan 3, 2014
    I'm going to start this review by making a bold statement. The Last of Us is the best PlayStation 3 game you will ever play. The timing of this game's release, a few months before the PlayStation 4 is no co-incidence. The PS3 has had a good run, but developers have finally reached the limit with the quality of gaming they can produce, but what a way to finish.

The Last of Us is set in

The Last of Us is set in the U.S.A. after the cordyceps infection has ravaged the human race, turning humans into vicious, aggressive, almost rabid-like creatures. The game follows the story of Joel, as he attempts to smuggle Ellie, who is immune to the disease, across the country to safety, with plenty of surprises on the way (I'm being deliberately vague to avoid spoilers). The plot almost resembles a movie script rather than a video game; you'll understand if you've played the game. The ending (again without giving away any plot details) brilliantly leaves the plot open for a sequel; Sony also recently registered domain names relating to The Last of Us 2 and The Last of Us 3 read into that what you will.

Whilst technically a linear game, The Last of Us is probably as close to an open-world game as a linear can be; exploration, strategy and resources play a key part in the game. The combat system in The Last of Us is probably as a real a combat experience as you will get on a video game. Much like real-life, resources are very limited and weapons are very powerful. You can't simply hide from enemies and wait for your health to regenerate, instead the player must use health packs, which can be either acquired or created by the player using resources.

The player can use a variety of firearms in the game, ranging from pistols, to shotguns, to hunting rifles. As ammunition is hard to come by, as in reality, players are often better off using melee weapons, such as baseball bats and planks of wood. Both firearms and melee weapons can be upgraded using parts (a resource which can be found).

Resources are one of the most important aspects of The Last of Us, the player can use them as weapons, ammunition, to distract enemies, replenish their health, upgrade weapons or to access certain areas. Resources such as health packs can also be created by crafting raw materials collected by the player.

The player also has the ability to upgrade weapons using collectable tools, and the opportunity to upgrade their character by collecting bottles of pills.

Whilst it's clear that Naughty Dog focused on the single-play, they have included a multiplayer element as well. Like other Naughty Dog games, it's relatively poor compared to the single-player, but The Last of Us' multiplayer, known as Factions, is a good attempt. The multiplayer takes place in the same environment as the game. Players choose one of two Factions, Fireflies (in yellow) and Hunters (in blue). There are no special abilities which are unique to any faction. The player leads a clan of survivors through 12 weeks, gathering supplies in order to advance the clan. Each match counts as one day, and supplies must be gathered to supply the clan; if the necessary supplies aren't gathered then clan members will begin to get hungry, get ill or die. Clan members can then be healed by reaching the required numbers of supplies. The Factions game mode can also be linked to Facebook.

To sum it up, The Last of Us will be, in my opinion, the best PS3 exclusive you will ever play, and possibly the best game you'll ever play on PS3 (the only real game that could compete with it is Grand Theft Auto V). The plot will keep you entertained for hours, and probably more.
  38. Jan 2, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. What a game this is. From start to finish this game grips and excites you. It's all about survival you can't help but get right into the storyline as the characters are just average normal people it's so easy to relate to them and put yourself in that situation.

The graphics, the locations, the backdrop, the noises, the music has all been carefully put together and is totally in sync with each other. The atmosphere is frightening with strange noises or footsteps echoing around the corner.

No negatives at all to speak of (wish the storyline lasted longer as it is so good is the only thing). This game is close to perfection and totally unique. Easily the game of the year and just as easily in my top 10 of all time games as it is so different from the standard RPG/FPS/Adventure games out there. Ignore the handful of negative comments about tiny irrelevant details. THIS GAME IS AWESOME

Bravo Naughty Dog 9.5/10
  39. Jan 2, 2014
    This,this game is a masterpiece. I don't care what you think otherwise but this 50$ or £40 is the best you'll spend/or would spend in 2013/2014 Naughty Dog outdid themselves with this, it is even better than a classic for the PS one 'Crash Bandicoot'.Although the start is very hard to swallow with the slowness and the death of his daughter,but that over comes itself with the bondage thatThis,this game is a masterpiece. I don't care what you think otherwise but this 50$ or £40 is the best you'll spend/or would spend in 2013/2014 Naughty Dog outdid themselves with this, it is even better than a classic for the PS one 'Crash Bandicoot'.Although the start is very hard to swallow with the slowness and the death of his daughter,but that over comes itself with the bondage that him and Ellie grow over the course of this magnificent game. The detail here is mind blowing it pushes the PS3 to the limit,i'm glad i chose this console over the XBOX 360 becuase even though if i had an XBOX 360 i would go out my way and buy a PS3 and this game,and i would play it over and over,but i have already done that and i saved some money also.All pf this was based on the Single Player,now onto the MP or what it's called in the menu 'Factions'.This game wouldn't need that game mode,it would still get those 10/10's 5/5's and 100./100's but with that stealth/survivor mode it makes the game so more fun and adds much replay value.In that mode you start with nearly nothing and it makes you open little red tool boxes with the tools part and crafting materials so you can help your team win.You going have to choose between the rebellion side and the Firefly side which are mentioned in the single player and Joel must help the firefly leader to deliver a 'Package'.But in here you don't come close to do stuff like that,you have your own 'clan' that you must need to feed and expand by doing good in your matches and then you collect 'food' to make sure your survivors are healthy well fed and not hungry.

If you are wanting to buy this masterpiece of a game i recommend doing it now,this moment,run.
    And if you have an XBOX buy a ps3 and this game or buy the game and go to a friend that has a ps3 push him out the way and play it.
  40. Jan 2, 2014
    The Last Of Us is a benchmark in storytelling, characters, atmosphere, and gameplay. How long has it been since we got a zombie(-esque) game with a story we really care about? Naughty Dog took a genre that had been limited to "exploding heads and that's it" and created a true masterpiece.

I'm sure you've heard enough about how fantastic the story is, but not enough can be said about it. It would be a tremendous mistake to buy this game and skip all the cutscenes. The pacing and storytelling are brilliantly done and oscar-worthy. The casting for the voice actors was done carefully, and each and everyone delivers an incredible and believable performance. And I mean that. From Joel and Ellie, to random bandits, to even the infected who can still scream incoherent phrases. Each and every character is done extremely well. The story itself is dark and unexpected. For the first time in a while I felt like anything could happen. Any character could die, there was no one who was going to make it out of this game alive for certain. And that's a wonderful thing.

When you're not marvelling at the brilliantly crafted story, you're immersing yourself in a true survival experience. Playing this game on easy would be another mistake. Moderating your ammo, picking and choosing whether to engage in combat or sneak past, crafting explosives and melee weapons out of parts you find on the ground or in cupboards. It all seems so real, and so fun. There are parts when the gameplay falls a bit flat. Sequences where you need to sneak carefully to avoid clickers often results in your companion obnoxiously stomping around or speaking in a normal voice. While this doesn't actually affect you in any way, it really breaks immersion and tension.

Graphically, the game comes close to challenging some games on the next gen. It's gorgeous, and has some of the best lush environments and lighting I've seen. It creates beautiful vibrant environments when it needs to, and throws you into a dark, broken, and drab world when it suits the story. It constantly reminds you what has happened to this world and never breaks the realm of reality. The character models are done extremely well too. I've never seen such accurate and realistic facial and body movements in and out of cutscenes.

A small thing that's worth mentioning as well is the soundtrack. Gustavo Santaolalla has composed a brilliant soundtrack that's simple, but so emotional. They're used perfectly in the right moments and are never overbearing. It subtly creates an incredible atmosphere and it's the only gaming soundtrack to date that I have downloaded and listened to over and over again.

When the story mode of The Last Of Us is done, the game is far from over. Naughty Dog put a lot of effort into an extremely underrated and unique multiplayer experience that doesn't at all fell like an afterthought. With an array of weapons, perks, challenges, and survivors to keep alive, the multiplayer is guaranteed to keep you entertained for a good while.

Overall, The Last Of Us is among the very few games that deserves a 10 and nothing else. Sony couldn't have ended the generation of the PS3 any better
  41. Jan 1, 2014
    This game is primarily a story telling device, it's about the atmosphere and character interactions. Is it survival horror? Well you're never afraid to die, you're not going to be set back very far. You do have to conserve ammo a little bit and it really helps your enjoyment of the game if you approach situations strategically; while you can pretty much run and gun it you won't findThis game is primarily a story telling device, it's about the atmosphere and character interactions. Is it survival horror? Well you're never afraid to die, you're not going to be set back very far. You do have to conserve ammo a little bit and it really helps your enjoyment of the game if you approach situations strategically; while you can pretty much run and gun it you won't find this way of playing very fun. Remember, this isn't Call of Duty, it isn't a shooting gallery and as long as you don't play it like it is you should have a great experience with this game.

My only criticism is that there isn't enough variety in the scrap you can salvage and utilise, there's surely only so many pairs of broken scissors in the world? And that's it, that's all the criticism I have.
  42. Dec 31, 2013
    Firstly, I am a mom in her 40's who finished playing this game recently. Although I've been a casual game player for over 25 years across various platforms, I'm pretty selective about what I play and spend my money on.

In my opinion, this has to be one of the best games ever. As a mother, I could identify with the loss of Joels daughter in the beginning (what a tense, standout opening scene!) as well as Ellie's loss of her parents and friends. I thought she was a great female character, swearing and all! Joel was also an excellent protagonist, not only dealing with the loss of his daughter but also handling the responsibility of caring for Ellie. I loved the overall story, narrative and game play. Whilst the enemies were a bit predictable, the plot was not, and I enjoyed the various twists and turns along the way.

I really liked the fact that they progressed Ellie from a girl who was barely allowed to hold a weapon at the beginning of the game to a character who ended up wielding knives, guns and a rather nasty machete to good effect at the end due to the changing circumstances and challenges of their situation.

Game play is very immersive and atmospheric working out whether to go in guns blazing or try to sneak around or even silently stalk and strangle an enemy makes every scene a mini mental challenge, especially if your ammo or health is low. Some of the scenarios in the gloomier parts of some buildings are pretty tense and definitely make for a few heart- stopping moments!

Overall, a memorable game and well worth every penny.
  43. Dec 31, 2013
    If the video game industry wants to place itself as a mainstream media like Hollywood, it should use this game (along with Ico and Shadow of the Colossus) as a benchmark. The Last of Us is an absolute masterpiece. Period. There is nothing like a game with a beautiful gameplay, outstanding characters, emotions and atmosphere, and rightfully demands a place in your heart.
  44. Dec 30, 2013
    We are now within the final years of the PS3, and Naughty Dog decided to make them the finest. It's like they took "Uncharted", "Resistance" and "Heavy Rain" together, and made what we call "The Last of Us". I'm no fan of horror games, so I don't know how their supposed to be in general, but to me this game was very scary. The stealth sections just intensify that fear; so much that I feelWe are now within the final years of the PS3, and Naughty Dog decided to make them the finest. It's like they took "Uncharted", "Resistance" and "Heavy Rain" together, and made what we call "The Last of Us". I'm no fan of horror games, so I don't know how their supposed to be in general, but to me this game was very scary. The stealth sections just intensify that fear; so much that I feel like going guns blazing to get over it. And while you can go gun blazing, it has its costs: you put yourself and other allies at greater risk, and you end up wasting ammo. Speaking of ammo, you really must conserve as you can't carry much, and finding ammo is rare. And when you do find it, it's not much. So use your guns as a FINAL RESORT. And no rechargeable health here either; it's back to finding medkits. And even though you can carry medkits, using them will leave you vulnerable.

Now onto the story. It is one of the greatest and most personal stories ever written. This isn't about the disease, or mankind. It's about Joel and Ellie. They are very human and you'll want to see how their relationship develops over the course of the story. Not spoiling anything, but let's just say that there are times that will make you say, "Would I have done that?"

As for online, it's quite fun. You really need teamwork. And no gun-blazing or rechargeable health either. Leave you Call of Duty attitude at the door, and you'll do well.

Games like these tell us not to abandon the PS3 yet. And if you don't have a PS3, now is the time. So what if it's 7 years old? That just means you have seven years worth of epic games in its library, and "The Last of Us" is one of them.
  45. Dec 30, 2013
    The Last Of Us is not just the best PS3 Game it is the best game ever made
    The Game Has Amazing Story beautiful Graphics it is the easiest 10 i have ever given a game
  46. Dec 30, 2013
    Sensational !......I just created an account to give my feedback on this game. I will rather describe this in few words than a long review.
    Sensational/ Outstanding/ master of masterpieces/ Amazing Awesome.
  47. Dec 29, 2013
    Well. It's great game. Must have for every Ps3 owner. Plot is just great Joel and Ellie are most holding in memory characters ever created. Naughty Dog can make awesome games
  48. Dec 25, 2013
    I'd say this game is a masterpiece, and I'd accept the critique. But I won't. This isn't a game. It's an experience.
    The Last of Us is out of this world. Number one ever. My favorite game of all times. It's just so incredible. I can't put my feelings into words.
  49. Dec 23, 2013
    This game is a fantastic and incredible story. But as a game ehh not so much. The gameplay while fun sometimes gets very boring as you progress through this game and the sluggish controls don't help at all.The AI both friendly and hostile can be incredibly stupid at times and that serves to break the immersion the rest of the game does so perfectly. Over all, the graphics are THE BEST youThis game is a fantastic and incredible story. But as a game ehh not so much. The gameplay while fun sometimes gets very boring as you progress through this game and the sluggish controls don't help at all.The AI both friendly and hostile can be incredibly stupid at times and that serves to break the immersion the rest of the game does so perfectly. Over all, the graphics are THE BEST you will find on the PS3 they are just stunning, the story is one of the greatest video game stories ever with characters that are relatable and make you care for them, the soundtrack is fantastic, but the gameplay can sometimes be boring, the controls are sluggish and the AI is broken. Other than that if you own a PS3 you have no choice you must buy The Last of Us. Expand
  50. Dec 23, 2013
    Ok so first things first I'm here to give an honest review not to praise or rip on the game, I'm going to point out all the flaws and positives withing Last of Us. Without further introduction here is my review of The Last of Us.

Let's begin on a good note, Naughty Dogs is a remarkable studio, Crash and Jak are some of my favorite platformers ever and Uncharted provides a very fun narrative. But The Last of Us was very underwhelming in my eyes, simply because it was so hyped up and received so many 10s. I'm simply here to present evidence as why TLOU is not perfect, I'm not calling it a bad game by any means.

My first negative statement is going to be about the genre most people classify this game under, survival-horror. This isn't true in my eyes I never once felt pressured to survive or scared at all, this game fits more under the third-person shooter or stealth genre but it is by no means a survival horror. Now to talk about something that actually matters, the story. I will admit that The Last of Us does present a very well crafted story that is brought forth even more by the tremendous voice acting and animations, however I found the story to also be very predictable maybe that's because we are predictable creatures but that's not a valid argument as I often found myself annoyed will how predictable the plot was, not to mention a plot like this has been seen before in other post-apocalyptic narratives The Walking Dead comes to mind quickly. Another thing The Last of Us is praised for is it's unique and memorable characters, but outside of Joel and Ellie I only found three characters that stuck with me: Sam and Henry two brothers that are just trying to get by and David, because he's a dick. Overall I do think that The Last of Us has very good story, voice acting, and presentation. But that's where it starts to end for me.

To me the core part of the negatives lie in the gameplay, the main reason I play a game. The gameplay is very reminiscent of Uncharted, excepted it's not nearly as good. The shooting mechanics are weighed down by the weapon sway, and before you jump on me yes I know this was intentional and that you can upgrade to fix this but it shouldn't have been implemented in the first place. Most people claim The Last of Us to be a very hard game when it's not at all, there is absolutely no penalty for dying as checkpoints are frequent. But the game does have some difficult moments and I see that those come from intentionally bad design; weapon sway, insta-kill enemies, swarms of enemies, enemies that can hit you even when your behind cover it's all so frustrating. And before someone starts saying it's for the sake of realism, Joel can see through wall by using sound.

Earlier I praised the presentation, but outside of cut scenes there are some issues. Textures up close look just plain bad at times and there is texture pop-in, however these issues aren't very frequent but they're jarring when they do occur. Speaking of jarring how about that quick black transition before cut scenes, that tends to take me out of the experience at times and the only reason I'm making notice of this is because Uncharted handled transitions to cut scenes much better. And now it's time for the thing most people complain about is AI, my god it's polarizing. In some cases the enemies can shoot you perfectly from great distances and in others they have the perception of a genome soldier from MGS. But Ellie's AI is the worst as she won't stay still, this is a problem that severely puts me out of the experience and even more so companies in other games like Uncharted and Enslaved can stay put, so why can't Ellie?. But to leave on a positive note I absolutely love the crafting and weapon upgrade systems.

To conclude TLOU does have a wonderful(yet predictable) story and the production values are top notch with great voice acting and animations. Nevertheless this game falls short in the one thing games need, gameplay. To match this there are AI issues, texture problems, and a forgettable soundtrack. I'm not saying TLOU is bad, not by any means, but it doesn't deserve all the perfect scores. Do to the repetitive and occasionally poor designed gameplay I'd rate this game a 7, however the story and presentation do help my experience. The Last of Us receives an 8 out of 10.
  51. Dec 23, 2013
    This is the best game I ever played on PS3. Great atmosphere and some incredible voice acting. The scene with the giraffes is one I will always remember. If you have a PS3, this game is a must-play!
  52. Dec 22, 2013
    The Last Of Us is just the best game I ever played.The Story, is not only well written, but it makes you attach Joel and Ellie and to care about their fate in the game."The Last Of Us" delivers strong emotions that make you realize that you are a human and once with it comes hope, love and the desire for survival.
    THE LAST OF US is the reason I play Video Games...
  53. Dec 21, 2013
    I loved "The Last of Us" so much that I didn't want it to end, and yet, I couldn't wait to replay
    it. What a testament! It reminded me of the early "Resident Evil" and "Dead Space" games
    with their emphasis on strategy, limited resources, and palpable fear of the unknown.Despite some dumb human enemies, the art direction, pacing, story, and EMOTIONAL impact are exceptional.Truly a
    exceptional.Truly a memorable experience that resonates.
  54. Dec 21, 2013
    This game was made for grow ups and only real grow ups can feel the entire game without questioning that this is a masterpiece. It's so immersive been Joel and Ellie, that you will worry about then as family.
  55. Dec 21, 2013
    I waited until the end of the year to say this but this is definitely the greatest game of the year. A really emotional story with great gameplay, fun multiplayer and a good enough soundtrack (but check out the end credits song The Path by Gustavo Santaolalla, it's one of the greatest soundtrack songs ever)
  56. Dec 20, 2013
    My god, that game took me on one hell of an emotional ride. Even the intro was a hard emotional hit. The cutscenes looked like real life, and the gameplay looked like really good cutscenes. I have to give Naughty Dog a huge applause for producing such a masterpiece. The gameplay was immersive, the voice acting was the best I've ever heard, the story was believable and realistic, theMy god, that game took me on one hell of an emotional ride. Even the intro was a hard emotional hit. The cutscenes looked like real life, and the gameplay looked like really good cutscenes. I have to give Naughty Dog a huge applause for producing such a masterpiece. The gameplay was immersive, the voice acting was the best I've ever heard, the story was believable and realistic, the sneaking system was good, the characters were very likable and realistic, and the enemy A.I. was simple yet effective. The only thing I can criticize here is the god-awful friendly A.I. We can all agree that the friendly A.I. sucked. When Ellie walked out right in front of an enemy and he didn't see her, I burst out laughing because that was so bad. Though I see why they made it so that the enemies don't see friendly A.I., since it's too dumb that it would walk right out in the open and expose your position. Stuff like this was quite game-breaking, and it sometimes kept me from getting "in the zone". Until the A.I. is dramatically improved, I can't give this game a 10. Expand
  57. Dec 20, 2013
    Typical naughty dog, which to some means more a movie than a game. Those people are stupid, they balance it just right. You can actually play this game. It has a story, when it's this engaging so what? people do reviews these days like that's a bad thing. But if i want to watch a movie they say. Well go watch a movie then. We will all play this and remember it, unlike the dumb games whereTypical naughty dog, which to some means more a movie than a game. Those people are stupid, they balance it just right. You can actually play this game. It has a story, when it's this engaging so what? people do reviews these days like that's a bad thing. But if i want to watch a movie they say. Well go watch a movie then. We will all play this and remember it, unlike the dumb games where the story is and the gameplay is BANG! BANG! BANG! and all else. Yes this has banging in it, (sicko) but it's paced out well with other great moments. Expand
  58. Dec 19, 2013
    this game is the game that you should play if you are only going to play one game this year. am that kinda guy who skips the story goes to the mutiplayer but this game i tried the story and have beaten this game 4 times and going back for another round its just that good. the looks in this game make me go who that's ps4 quality. just play in and ignore all the negative reviews they are lying
  59. Dec 18, 2013
    The Last of Us is arguably one of the best titles of this generation. Naughty Dog goes full throttle and delivers their most brutal game yet. This is an experience that will follow you for years to come. If you have ever wanted a reason to purchase a PS3, now is the time. Sony adds another masterpiece to their exclusive collection.
  60. Dec 18, 2013
    Simply put; one of the best games I've ever played! Entertaining throughout. Definitely buying a PS4 just for this game and of course the Uncharted series.
  61. Dec 17, 2013
    When I wrote this review, 299 people gave a negative user score. I'm not sure if they played the same game that I did. From my countless hours spent on this games single player (I've hardly even touched the multiplayer), I can tell you that this game is among the best I've ever played, and anyone's likely to ever play. It's simply a masterpiece.
  62. Dec 17, 2013
    This game is absolutely incredible. Naughty Dog's artistic talent has reached it's peak with this title. The graphics are stunning, with so much detail it's visual overload with very minimal, if any, pop-in objects and textures. The acting is phenomenal, voice and motion captured. The one thing that I'm amazed by this game is with the immense level design and graphical detail is thatThis game is absolutely incredible. Naughty Dog's artistic talent has reached it's peak with this title. The graphics are stunning, with so much detail it's visual overload with very minimal, if any, pop-in objects and textures. The acting is phenomenal, voice and motion captured. The one thing that I'm amazed by this game is with the immense level design and graphical detail is that there are no obvious load times, at all. This game does not stop, literally there is no pausing to prepare for a fight. If you stop to craft health supplies or new weapons it's all during the game, which adds to the intensity and I like that. Couldn't recommend enough. Expand
  63. Dec 16, 2013
    One word can only describe this game: AMAZING. This game was phenomenal. The story was absolutely perfect. The graphics are some of fhe best i have ever seen. Joel and Ellie are two of the greatest characters i have ever played as. The multiplayer is unique and strategic. I could go on forever about this game but the max characters is 5000 and id need way more than that.
  64. Dec 16, 2013
    ground braking, amazing, worth be played 10 times more, visually its astonishing, storytelling its a masterpiece, maybe the end is a little unexpected but does not change the feeling of truth about the all thing.
  65. Dec 15, 2013
    The storyline for this game is amazing and I loved it! The multilayer is ok but, not the best, it needs zombies it's a damn ZOMBIE GAME for crying out loud!!!!!
  66. Dec 14, 2013
    "Oh no, ANOTHER ZOMBIE GAME?!" That was what first struck me when I saw this game top the charts. I'm not ashamed to say I couldn't have been more wrong. There is nothing to dislike about this game. The story line is so diverse with emotional tragedies, drama, and comedy that you will lose yourself if you aren't careful. I wasn't careful. and completed the game in 2 days. The"Oh no, ANOTHER ZOMBIE GAME?!" That was what first struck me when I saw this game top the charts. I'm not ashamed to say I couldn't have been more wrong. There is nothing to dislike about this game. The story line is so diverse with emotional tragedies, drama, and comedy that you will lose yourself if you aren't careful. I wasn't careful. and completed the game in 2 days. The graphics appear next-gen, despite being ps3. Ellie and Joel are, to this day and forever, my favorite video game characters of all time. You will cry, laugh, and the ending will probably have you staring an inch from the screen. When it's over, you feel like a part of you has died. This is coming from someone who prides himself on maintaining an emotional middle ground and scoffed at the idea of another Apocalypse game. Holy was I wrong. Best game of all time. Expand
  67. Dec 14, 2013
    This game is strong and delivers a really strong story that is for people who would like things such as the walking dead. you end up getting attached to Joel and Ellie the two main characters as you venture through the world in a post epidemic. I cant tell the story of this game as there would be spoilers as the game has a lot of big moment's. The side kick in the story Ellie will developThis game is strong and delivers a really strong story that is for people who would like things such as the walking dead. you end up getting attached to Joel and Ellie the two main characters as you venture through the world in a post epidemic. I cant tell the story of this game as there would be spoilers as the game has a lot of big moment's. The side kick in the story Ellie will develop into a real survivor while Joel is sort of like the mentor in a way. The first strong thing about the game is its soundtrack which is not too full of itself as it is not a collage of crazy sounds and noises that you would here in a pop music video. It is real music and you will get to liking it. The second thing I like about this game is the character AI especially the enemy's you will encounter some better than others. My most likable AI is one of the bosses in the game as the AI made the boss fight extremely rememberable and clever. The use of the clickers the infected characters in the game is interesting as you have to literally make sure they don't bite you or its game over no matter if you are playing on hard mode or not. The game play all around is smooth for a third person shooter I don't have much difficulty with the controls while in combat which uses the clever AI I talk about. The game graphics wise is Beautiful and is settings are amazing. The game is not all action or drama there is also horror in some scenario's in which one of these made me scared even with a fully upgraded shotgun. you can build and upgrade weapons and items on your Journey however it took me two playthroughs to do this. The voice acting in this game is great as troy baker does just as good as a job as he has in other games. The last aspect of the game I will talk about is the multiplayer, it is a fun and balanced multiplayer that plays as smooth as the singleplayer game and is at its best with friend's on headset's. This game is possibly the best exclusive Sony has ever published and just before nextgen. Expand
  68. Dec 11, 2013
    Simply put, this game is epic. From start to finish it's like an intense, deep experience whilst having a movie feel at the same time, it is unique with the way you get attached to characters. In the top 5 games I have ever played due to the quality of dialogue, atmosphere, general mechanics of game play etc etc..I could go on. You know you have played a truly decent game when you areSimply put, this game is epic. From start to finish it's like an intense, deep experience whilst having a movie feel at the same time, it is unique with the way you get attached to characters. In the top 5 games I have ever played due to the quality of dialogue, atmosphere, general mechanics of game play etc etc..I could go on. You know you have played a truly decent game when you are finished and think, "damn.. am I really finished?" Expand
  69. Dec 10, 2013
    This is definitely a page turner. I just had to play it to the end to see what happened. This is beautifully rendered with characters that are endearing. Although I was not a fan of the constantly killing, it did keep me on the edge of my seat. There were several times in the game when my heart was wrenched from my chest, played with then stitched back in! I would definitely recommendThis is definitely a page turner. I just had to play it to the end to see what happened. This is beautifully rendered with characters that are endearing. Although I was not a fan of the constantly killing, it did keep me on the edge of my seat. There were several times in the game when my heart was wrenched from my chest, played with then stitched back in! I would definitely recommend this game for a mature audience. There is quite a bit of violence and shocking moments. Expand
  70. Dec 10, 2013
    Naughty Dog has made a masterpiece. The best game PS3 has delivered in the entire sventh generation, and one that will be remembered for years to come. It is truly that good. And I know some jealous people will describe this game as overrated without even playing it, as the same thing happened last year with Halo 4. Shh, don't listen to them! The Last of Us is not flawless but is prettyNaughty Dog has made a masterpiece. The best game PS3 has delivered in the entire sventh generation, and one that will be remembered for years to come. It is truly that good. And I know some jealous people will describe this game as overrated without even playing it, as the same thing happened last year with Halo 4. Shh, don't listen to them! The Last of Us is not flawless but is pretty damn close, and that is enough to give it everlasting praise.
    The story, OMG! If you have a heart, and human feelings, and most importantly two eyes, two ears and a functioning brain, then you will love the story in this game. I never felt so many things, and I'm not talking only about TWD emotional post-depression, although there is definitely a hint of that. I am talking about anger, desperation, happiness and fear...and the worst fear of all. The fear of losing your loved ones. The voice acting is top-notch, and the graphics. They truly push the PS3 to the limit. They are insane.
    The gameplay is fitting, and really pairs with the pace of the game. It is intense, gritty and insanely violent. Stealth is king (Something we are not used to from the "Uncharted" games) as it is also being tactical, preservative and crafty. If you play in normal (Like me) you will find some challenge, though not overwhelming. It is at moments fun, at moments scary. It is just a good-old fashioned survival horror stealthy gameplay, and I enjoyed the hell out of it.
    Surprise! This game comes with an Online component which is, surprisingly good actually. It has the same gameplay mechanics from the campaign and the maps are thoughtfully designed. Of course it is not The Last of Us' main focus, but I am still playing it a lot, you know, after three entire playthroughs of the mind-blowing, excellent, five-star, supercalifragilisticexpialidocious campaign. Gotta love Ellie and her awful jokes!
    In the end, BUY THIS GAME! Do not own a PS3? Bro, I feel for you, because this game is one of the best games ever made, period. I am truly enthusiastic about this. There is just nothing else like it in the world.
  71. Dec 10, 2013
    There is not much i can say about this game. It's a masterpiece in storytelling,pacing and immersion the gameplay is very tight it's almost flawless and the the soundtrack fits perfectly with the game and it's hauntingly beautiful.The graphics and the scenery are breathtaking especially for a game that runs on an 8 year old console. The campaign is EPICLY long!! it took me almost 17 hoursThere is not much i can say about this game. It's a masterpiece in storytelling,pacing and immersion the gameplay is very tight it's almost flawless and the the soundtrack fits perfectly with the game and it's hauntingly beautiful.The graphics and the scenery are breathtaking especially for a game that runs on an 8 year old console. The campaign is EPICLY long!! it took me almost 17 hours to finish it the first and the second time and that's pretty impressive IMO for a single player game which is so good to be this long especially for today's standards, ohh and the campaign itself is EPIC. The game is almost perfect except there are a few glitches which i hated but they are minor problems compared to the full package of what this incredible game offers! Oh and there is MP which is very fun and unique.

There you have it i don't think there will ever be a game that will leave a special feeling in your heart like this! 10/10! if you don't play this you fail as a gamer simple as that.
  72. Dec 9, 2013
    What can I say, an utter masterpiece from skull to toe. The plot is decent, the gameplay is well integrated, the graphics can be called next gen!!!
    Really enjoyed. Hope developer can make more games at such high qualities.
  73. Dec 8, 2013
    Very good game by a very good game company the story is great and the gameplay doesn't disappoint. It is terrific. You can't say enough about the game. It is as good as it gets.
  74. Dec 7, 2013
    TLOUS excelente, não consigo encontrar defeitos. Obrigatório para proprietários de PS3. Uma história profunda que envolve o jogador do início ao fim.
  75. Dec 7, 2013
    I've been a gamer for about 13 years now, I have played probably every game worth playing excluding the xBox exclusives (don't own it), THIS IS THE BEST SINGLEPLAYER GAME I HAVE EVER PLAYED! EVER! And it will probably remain THE BEST for a very, very long time! I don't wanna spoil anything so i won't go into details much but this game will give you everything this genre has to offer! II've been a gamer for about 13 years now, I have played probably every game worth playing excluding the xBox exclusives (don't own it), THIS IS THE BEST SINGLEPLAYER GAME I HAVE EVER PLAYED! EVER! And it will probably remain THE BEST for a very, very long time! I don't wanna spoil anything so i won't go into details much but this game will give you everything this genre has to offer! I can't remember when is the last time a book movie game had such strong emotional value as this game! I have never been happier to shoot a few "innocent" people in my life (you'll know what I'm talking about when you play trough it). The game manages to awake a sense of happines, anger, grief, excitment, accomplishment and so on. The game itself looks beautiful, its never boring, 90% of the time you're either hunting someone or being hunted, on a few occasions both. If this game was a movie, it would win more oscars then the Titanic and LOTR together.
    I would describe The Last of Us as a brilliant search and destroy with phenomenal characters, an absolutely tremendous story, packed with emotions and exciting moments.
    This isn't a shooter. You won't get anywhere in this game if you go guns blazing 24/7 although, a lot of times you can do it.
    Don't ruin this game by playing it on any difficulty under Hard it just isn't worth it.

If you buy this game, you won't regret it. ever! I don't have a word in my vocabulary which describes the ammount of awesomness in this game.

Story 10
    AI IQ 9
    Character control 9
    ________________________
    Total 9.64

I apologise for any wrong used phrases, wrong spelled words etc. English isn't my first language.
  76. Dec 4, 2013
    By far, the best game of this generation. The Last Of Us provides a gripping story with very realistic and likable characters.
    One really thing that really sets The Last Of Us apart from Naughty Dogs past creations, is The Last Of Us Use of grotesque violence. But is enjoyable and satisfying every step of the way.

Anyways, shut up, take out your wallet, and buy this game!
  77. Dec 3, 2013
    i had mixed emotions buying this game, was it going to be like some other games being overrated and completely thank god it wasn't, in fact this game lived up to all the rants and even went beyond. its story telling was brilliant and even left me with emotional scars which may never heal...(spoiler) and that was in the first 15 minutes of the game. everything else that follows is just ai had mixed emotions buying this game, was it going to be like some other games being overrated and completely thank god it wasn't, in fact this game lived up to all the rants and even went beyond. its story telling was brilliant and even left me with emotional scars which may never heal...(spoiler) and that was in the first 15 minutes of the game. everything else that follows is just a masterpiece that has to be witnessed by all.
    10/10 would 100% recommend
  78. Nov 30, 2013
    what can I say about this game???It was awesome the story was great and engaging the cutsces were beautifull and the voice acting the best in every game I ve played so far.Now the most important the gameplay was great overall the things I dint like were sometimes the AI and the button mashing that gets boring preety fast another thing i wasnt very into were the repetitive riddles.overallwhat can I say about this game???It was awesome the story was great and engaging the cutsces were beautifull and the voice acting the best in every game I ve played so far.Now the most important the gameplay was great overall the things I dint like were sometimes the AI and the button mashing that gets boring preety fast another thing i wasnt very into were the repetitive riddles.overall the last of us is for me the best game in 2013 and deserves the reviews it has been getting Expand
  79. Nov 29, 2013
    Some body say's before and I totally agree, "its masterpiece, that breaks the self imposed barriers of gaming narrative and ensnares the player with intelligent gameplay and brilliant A.I.".
  80. Nov 27, 2013
    At first I'd like to get this off my chest. I really loved to play The Last of Us. It was an really enjoyable and emotional experience for me and it's one of the best games to be released in 2013. However; it had many flaws and is utterly overrated by the masses. The story is one of the highest claimed things about the game but to be honest, it wasn't that original, mostly cliché. It wereAt first I'd like to get this off my chest. I really loved to play The Last of Us. It was an really enjoyable and emotional experience for me and it's one of the best games to be released in 2013. However; it had many flaws and is utterly overrated by the masses. The story is one of the highest claimed things about the game but to be honest, it wasn't that original, mostly cliché. It were the characters that carried it all. Even the intro sequence brought tears in my eyes. And that will mean something. On the technical side there isn't much to critize, but it isn't the best looking game on the PS3. I still think Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception is the best looking current-gen console game to date. Some textures were muddy but that's about it. What was the most let down to me were three things: At first the gameplay and the difficulity. The gameplay was probably one of the most boring things I have ever wittnessed. It made Heavy Rain look spectacular.

Also it was really linear, the AI was dumb and the gunplay decent at best. But I just can't get over it how repetitive it all was. Always there was to find and build a ladder or a bridge and hold off some enemies and that's about it. And the difficulity was schizophrenic. At one time it was easy because of the stupid AI and then they threw in the Clickers that can kill you with one hit (at the beginning). Some may call it challenging, I call it a chore. And then the last chapter was really annoying too because of the sheer amount of enemies. The game has really low replayability for me. I tried to go for another run a while after I completed it but I just couldn't because it was so boring. It's a game you probably just will play once. To all the people who gave it a 10 How often did you replay the game you spent 60 bucks on? Because I think good games should be fun to replay. But this one wasn't at all.

Then there's multiplayer. Normally I'm not a multiplayer guy but this one really got me hooked. It was even more enjoyable than the singleplayer most of the time. It requires a lot of tactic and teamplay. More than those wanna-be tactic games like Battlefield 3 and 4.

Overall it's certainly not a bad game, it's very good to be sure but it's simply overrated. I think that's because it's a PlayStation exclusive. Most exclusive games on that platform that are actually just mediocre just get high scores because they look pretty and has the Sony brand on it.
  81. Nov 27, 2013
    What an outstanding game, the story is so gripping I couldn't put the game down!. When I did put the game down I couldn't wait to get back on to play it! Its the only game that I've played and finished within 2 weeks and I have limited play time! Truly outstanding graphics, nice gameplay mechanics and simply the best story I've played this year!

Note: I did not play the Online game
  82. Nov 26, 2013
    This is one of my all time favorite games, such a flawless game probally naughty dogs best game yet. Hopefully they will continue this franchise on the ps4.
  83. Nov 24, 2013
    The last of us is a solid title
    with an excelent and deep plot
    an uncredible athmosphere and a perfect gameplay
    its a mix of the walking dead,uncharted and the road
    AND ITS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!
  84. Nov 24, 2013
    10 out of 10 in the fact that this is the best Action game I have ever played. If it was the best game I have played over the last 30 years or so playing games then I would put it in my Top 10 experiences no problem. Top 5 would be pushing it though tbh as once it is finished then that is that but what a story to play though. Video games story telling and acting has gone up a notch with10 out of 10 in the fact that this is the best Action game I have ever played. If it was the best game I have played over the last 30 years or so playing games then I would put it in my Top 10 experiences no problem. Top 5 would be pushing it though tbh as once it is finished then that is that but what a story to play though. Video games story telling and acting has gone up a notch with this release even after Bioshock Infinite. Superb. Expand
  85. Nov 24, 2013
    Naughty Dog has created one of the greatest game this generation. It's not for everyone because of it's violence but story is one of the best and gameplay fun and smooth. Aiming is great unlike what some people say... Definitely a must-buy if you have a ps3. The multiplayer also is great but has a little problems and it should've included infected. But other than that a GREAT game.
  86. Nov 23, 2013
    Playing this game I got the same feeling as playing Half-Life 2(HL being in my top 3).
    Sure the game had some technical issues but story wise it was perfect; fun game play, one of the most enjoyable stealth time game. I think that I would like to have the possibility to move the bodys.
    The weapons have a very good feeling and the melee attacks the best I ever experienced. I got a very satisfying feeling when I could use successfully the bow and a shiv attack.
  87. Nov 23, 2013
    Wow. Just wow. Naughty dog have done it once again and created a real masterpiece that plays exceptionally, the world around you looks devastated, but gorgeous, the voice acting, characters, animations are astounding and the story really pulls at the heart strings at times! You have two main characters, Ellie, a little girl that looks innocent enough but grows into a real strong character,Wow. Just wow. Naughty dog have done it once again and created a real masterpiece that plays exceptionally, the world around you looks devastated, but gorgeous, the voice acting, characters, animations are astounding and the story really pulls at the heart strings at times! You have two main characters, Ellie, a little girl that looks innocent enough but grows into a real strong character, then there's Joel a man that has been affected by the infection but deals with it in such a realistic way that you start to feel a real connection with both characters. All in all another superb title rolls off the naughty dog conveyor belt and goes straight into one of the all time greats in video gaming history! Expand
  88. Nov 22, 2013
    I honestly cannot think of the words to describe this amazing horror survival adventure. This is by far one of my favorite games of all time, I have run through the story 5 times, and it never gets old, the stealth mechanics in TLOU are great, the graphics are the best out of any PS3 game I have ever played imo. this game is revolutionary and a great buy, the story is very unique andI honestly cannot think of the words to describe this amazing horror survival adventure. This is by far one of my favorite games of all time, I have run through the story 5 times, and it never gets old, the stealth mechanics in TLOU are great, the graphics are the best out of any PS3 game I have ever played imo. this game is revolutionary and a great buy, the story is very unique and touching, you almost instantly fall in love with joel and ellie! highly recommend this game to anyone. Oh, and the multiplayer is very addictive, and i loved that just as much as the story, 4v4 makes it so stealth is needed to get good which i personally love. keep it up naughty dog! Expand
  89. Nov 22, 2013
    The Last of Us story from the start to the end glued me to my ps3 with tears in depth sorrow and wondering what happens next!! just 1 line for this new comer from naughty dogs:

"at the dawn of the current gen. a masterpiece reign supreme against all"
  90. Nov 21, 2013
    This is the most unique game I have played. It plays like uncharted but in a survival setting. Arguably Naughty Dogs best work yet. The story is superb, the graphics are superb, the gameplay is superb. Everything about the game has been perfectly crafted. The multiplayer is pretty addictive, and is different than other multiplayer games. Game of the Year material.
  91. Nov 21, 2013
    At first I wasn't sure to buy a brand new copy of this game. I thought I should wait a little more until I could buy it cheaper or lend it from a friend. I don't know why I risked it instead. I swear every cent of this game is worth. The music made by Gustavo Santaolalla has trapped me. The graphics (obviously a better version of the uncharted Engine) are stunning and very detailed. TheAt first I wasn't sure to buy a brand new copy of this game. I thought I should wait a little more until I could buy it cheaper or lend it from a friend. I don't know why I risked it instead. I swear every cent of this game is worth. The music made by Gustavo Santaolalla has trapped me. The graphics (obviously a better version of the uncharted Engine) are stunning and very detailed. The history is deep and it feels like being part of the post-apocalyptic world. There are moments were I felt sorry for some characters and moments were I had fear. It remembered me once more why since my childhood always dreamed to be a game-programmer. Games ARE Art! And this one is a Masterpiece. Hint: There is a lovely making of the last of us documentary. (dlc, psn) Expand
  92. Nov 21, 2013
    The Last of Us was simply perfect for me. It convinces in every aspect: an incredibly touching story, awesome characters, a fun and challenging gameplay as well as really good graphics and (voice-)acting. I enjoyed it from the first to the last cutscene and could replay it again and again. In my eyes, it is a new milestone for the gaming industry and every upcoming adventure game will beThe Last of Us was simply perfect for me. It convinces in every aspect: an incredibly touching story, awesome characters, a fun and challenging gameplay as well as really good graphics and (voice-)acting. I enjoyed it from the first to the last cutscene and could replay it again and again. In my eyes, it is a new milestone for the gaming industry and every upcoming adventure game will be compared to TLoU. Expand
  93. Nov 20, 2013
    Un juego increíble, la trama te enganchará desde el primer minuto hasta el último, el modo historia dura mas de 15 horas, con una jugabilidad excepcional, te enganchará, va mas allá de lo que prometía, el doblaje esta genial, los gráficos son excelentes, los escenarios tan inmensos para poder indagar de casa en casa, para poder investigar, descubrir, tiene momentos de mucha tensión y masUn juego increíble, la trama te enganchará desde el primer minuto hasta el último, el modo historia dura mas de 15 horas, con una jugabilidad excepcional, te enganchará, va mas allá de lo que prometía, el doblaje esta genial, los gráficos son excelentes, los escenarios tan inmensos para poder indagar de casa en casa, para poder investigar, descubrir, tiene momentos de mucha tensión y mas de una vez te llevarás algún susto, una vez mas los creadores de Uncharted vuelven a sorprenderme con un juego exquisito y que pone el broche de oro al catalogo de Playstation 3, compra obligada, juego fascinante, totalmente recomendado. No te arrepentirás. Expand
  94. Nov 19, 2013
    This is what other games should aspire to be, the graphics were really amazing and detailed, by far the best console graphics I have seen, the gameplay is really tense and intuitive, and the best part is that gameplay is non linear, you can go in guns blazing, use stealth takedowns or even pass through an area without killing anyone and it also encourages exploration to find supplies sinceThis is what other games should aspire to be, the graphics were really amazing and detailed, by far the best console graphics I have seen, the gameplay is really tense and intuitive, and the best part is that gameplay is non linear, you can go in guns blazing, use stealth takedowns or even pass through an area without killing anyone and it also encourages exploration to find supplies since ammunition is really scarce, and the mix of sometimes having to fight humans and other times having to fight infected really mixes things up and you will have to constantly change your tactics, the crafting was also great because everything you craft is performed in real time so you won't have to pause the game so the inmersion is never broken, but as good as the gameplay is the story is what the game was all about to me, the story is intriguing and unpredictable, characters all have their own little backstory and all are very well developed, especially Joel and Ellie and how their relation was constantly evoling throughout the game, in short words this game is a masterpiece and by far my number 1 best game of all time, so you should definitely give it a go, trust me, you won't regret it. Expand
  95. Nov 19, 2013
    I had a xbox 360,and had no intention of buying a ps3(But i had great interest in Gow 3 and uncharted series).But unfortunately this game conjured me into buying a ps3.And you know what? it's worth it.
  96. Nov 18, 2013
    This game is rich in character depth, story, gameplay, graphics, voice acting and fun.
    It's challenging where it needs to be, beautiful where it needs to be and dark where it can be. With compelling characters, an interesting premise and a jaw dropping story this game is a must play.
  97. Nov 15, 2013
    Is a beautiful looking game with an incredible campaign, the multi-player was nice but really needed some more modes as its clearly focused towards the campaign; which there's nothing wrong with as it was brilliant but a few new modes and maps would have been ideal.

Other than that, well recommended.
  98. Nov 14, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The story is delicious in many ways. However Tess (sniffle*) should have lasted a bit more during the game. Probaaaaably the best game of the year. Voice acting was incredible! Expand
  99. Nov 14, 2013
    Graphics: Updated engine, looks realistic, and on the level of Uncharted, but character models look better. Uncharted has the water advantage in some areas, and others it’s the same. 10.

Sound: Amazing professional voice acting, sounds/themes are perfect and match with the gameplay. 10. Gameplay: The game is a survival game with stealth elements, and shooting portions, and

Gameplay: The game is a survival game with stealth elements, and shooting portions, and overall the game is intense. It’s hard to aim making it more realistic, but you can upgrade you’re stats with supplements. There are items you can craft such as health kits, grenades, upgrade melee weapon, bow, etc. You must make use of your supplies as you progress through the game, and you must search houses, garages, everywhere to ensure you get everything(optional but if you don’t you may have a hard time further in the game). It’s a linear experience, but one of the best experienced, alongside the Uncharted series. For a survival game it’s one of the best I have ever played. 10.

Story: The game has a major impact at the start which no game has ever had. After the game is a little bit slow building up the storyline, 2 hours later for the story to progress. Amazing moments in the middle, and near the end of the game, but I felt that while Naughty Dog didn’t leave a cliff hanger ending, they purposely left room to continue this New IP. 10.

Replay Value: The single player can range up to 20 hours, and there’s a multiplayer. The multiplayer consists of a lot of stealth, it’s a good add-on, and I didn’t give it much time but I still enjoyed it. 10.

Overall Score: 10 out of 10.
  100. Nov 14, 2013
    Really good game...this game is a must play! I have never written a review about games but for this game I make no exception. If you haven't played this game you never played before.

1. Sep 16, 2013
  2. Sep 10, 2013
  3. Official PlayStation Magazine Benelux
    Sep 4, 2013
    Despite the breakneck pace of the prologue, it takes quite a while for The Last of Us to pick up some speed again. However, once the cold harsh winter arrives, the action (and story) ramps up. So much so, it puts most Hollywood productions to shame. [July 2013, p.76]