• Publisher: SCEA
  • Release Date: Jun 14, 2013
9.1

1. Nov 22, 2014
    It was a bit strange. I started the game on and it was Uncharted. I played through it, and it was nothing like Uncharted. It was a game world I wanted to be in (not literally of course). But while I was playing it, I felt like I was there. It hit home with me - the world, the characters, the places, the enemies... I was missing such gaming qualities for so many years and I was able to realized that just now.
    For me, though, the first few hours wasn't very good. Somewhere in the 30% progress in the game, I was thinking about abandoning it as I was not even hooked and mostly annoyed... Am I a thankful I didn't. Not quite sure what exactly did it, but being on the verge of hating the game, I was subconsciously starting to fall in love with it. And there are some other games I would give 10/10, but this one, in addition, is something quite special. And I do miss it quite a lot.
  2. Nov 22, 2014
    A true masterpiece on every level. Great story, wonderful characters, perfect voice acting, intense combat, fun multiplayer, beautiful graphics, difficult enemies, etc. etc. There is so much this game does good that it is hard to find any flaws in a otherwise perfect game. It is a game that will be remembered and played for generations. This game isn't for everyone though, so if you can't appreciate a game focusing on story rather then gameplay then this isn't for you. Expand
  3. Nov 21, 2014
    this game is amazing it succeeds in every aspect possible (graphics,sound,story,gameplay,etc). the story is great and the characters and voice acting are among the best i have ever seen in a videogame. if you own a ps3 or ps4 you have to buy this game is the best seventh generation game and currently the best game in the eight generation
  4. Nov 19, 2014
    If you own a ps3. You NEED this game. The replay value is questionable, online multiplayer is usually fun, but has some network connection flaws. The game itself is perfectly crafted.
  5. Nov 13, 2014
    EPIC adventure, the last of us, brings us, one of the best adventures that we can have in PS3, A very good worked game, it has a very charismatic characters, it shows how strong a friendship can be. with intense scenes that remind me scary games like Silent hill 1... the game is absolutely recommended!
  6. Nov 11, 2014
    Another knockout by Naughty Dog, these guys know how to make a compelling story. Gun mechanics can be a bit wonky at times but this game has to be played by all.
  7. Nov 9, 2014
    Can not seem to digest when it reaches the end, you are challenged to the limit in such a humane and sentimental drama you clings easily and is hard to say goodbye. I really do not know how to call this grandeur that despite being a game and brings a very human feeling emanates from there and he slingshot you. THE LAST OF US is not just any game is a masterpiece grand and unforgettable and full of feelings where we are challenged to try each one. Expand
  8. Nov 5, 2014
    This game can get a bit boring at some parts, but by no means does that define the game. This is one of the few games that grabs your emotions and takes them for a ride along with the game. You'll be happy at times, sad at others. It's a great length for a game, and just so interesting to play. I can't say enough good things about this game, it's going to be a classic one day, a game that was one of the best in it's era, so don't pass up the chance to play this game. Expand
  9. Oct 22, 2014
    This was the best game i've ever played!!!! Awesome!
    That´s amazing atmosphere and characters. I'll waiting for ne next game of episode. Very great!!!!!!!
  10. Oct 19, 2014
    Twenty years after a pandemic radically transformed known civilization, infected humans run amuck and survivors kill one another for sustenance and weapons - literally whatever they can get their hands on. Joel, a salty survivor, is hired to smuggle a fourteen-year-old girl, Ellie, out of a rough military quarantine, but what begins as a simple job quickly turns into a brutal journey across the country. Expand
  11. Oct 18, 2014
    It is the so much acclaimed game for PS3. The game is an "action adventure" like Tomb Raider, or like the Uncharted series (indeed from the same software house).
    The adventure is pleasant, the game lasts an average time (about 12-15 hours), the story is well thought out and there is great graphics without any uncertainty. The setting is post-apocalyptic, the plot seems obvious but it is
    not. I say no more to not spoil the surprise.
    The music is pleasant, the game is never frustrating (if you can not go on is because you are using the wrong approach).
    But ... Well, I had very high expectations which were not supported by the game. Everyone talks about how this is the killer application for ps3. Sure it's nice, you spend funny moments and is the true "entertainment" (you are always asking yourself "how's it going forward"). But a masterpiece? I do not know, perhaps is because I come from the PC world where masterpieces are more numerous ...
    Some negative aspects? There are none, the initial loading is very long (even 3-4 minutes), but then the game does not load EVER, so you can end it up without ever even wait a few seconds. Great optimization and no bug. Well done Naughty Dog!
  12. Oct 15, 2014
    This game delivers in every way you'd expect from this genre. I was amazed at how attached I was to the characters and the story. (I actually care more about these characters than almost the entire crew of the walking dead)

The pacing, story telling, gameplay, graphics, everything here is top notch. I can't find a fault in this game at all. It just delivers.

The only downside is
    that the game is over now and I'm left waiting for the next installment. Expand
  13. Oct 13, 2014
    The Last of Us portrays the most gripping story-line any video game has presented in history - I highly doubt that any future video game will achieve a perfection above this of Naughty Dog's for many decades to come.
    The graphics are beyond perfection, and the music emphasizes emotion as excellent as the scripting and narrative do also.
    The game-play is crisp, although with the
    occasional AI confusion, there are countless hours to be had fearing the terrifying foes throughout your epic journey.
    10/10 - Ben Hazelden
  14. Oct 12, 2014
    This is one of my top ten games that I have played. it's got good graphics and an amazing story line, if you enjoyed the walking dead you would probably like the last of us too.
  15. Oct 4, 2014
    This game is perfect. I love how it's not your average zombie game it's a lot more genius with the fungal infection. The story had me hooked since the opening, this is a game where you grow attached to the characters in a heart beat. The graphics are Amazing and the game design for every were beautifully made. This game makes you under stand how it feels to struggle with surviving. The controls are smooth and the only glitch I found was when Ellie turned invisible after the truck crashed and you only see her floating backpack that was funny to see. The fun part for me was the Easter eggs. Expand
  16. Oct 3, 2014
    When the First time I heard this game..I thought its just another zombie game. but i was wrong!,this game is truly masterpiece,and probably my fav game of all times. The strory was beautiful,memorable and fantastic!. The gameplay in this game is one best third person shooter gameplay ive ever played,you can craft items,do a stealth and use melee attack. the guns sound in this game is feels so real and also i love how the death animation feels so real and brutal

graphics... best grapchis on ps3 nuff say

I strongly recommend this game to peoples who had ps3

also I really love Ellie shes so cute :D
  17. Sep 28, 2014
    This game has great gameplay , great visual and art design. Great storyline best of 2013. Its so flawless.Its got great stealth gameplay and shows the skill of survival. The multiplayer is also pretty solid. The best game of 2013 and one of the best games of all time.
  18. TvH
    Sep 28, 2014
    The Last of Us is a beautiful and emotional journey that offers everything a survivor-horror needs; a powerful story, great atmosphere, excellent characters, and a balanced gameplay to top it all off. The Last of Us is one of the best PlayStation 3 games ever released.
  19. Sep 27, 2014
    there are a lot of people complaining about this game. Maybe angry x box fans,maybe unmedicated adhd suffers. It is not halo. it is not uncharted. it is not resident evil. These comparisons only serve to tell what the game isn't. Yes the beginning gameplay is a little slow like a movie, but it isnt a movie. I dont know what all the haters out there are looking for but something tells me all theyre looking for is something to hate on. The gameplay is intense, the graphics are stunning. its not too easy, its not too hard. im not a hardcore gamer so i didnt even notice any real ai glitches. Yes the characters are deep. the emotion can touch you. Its not your average game. if you want to be late for work, buy this game. If you want sore thumbs and your girlfriend to yell at you for ignoring her, buy this game. Very immersive. Expand
  20. Sep 26, 2014
    A riveting and touching storyline, coupled with excellent graphics, great controls, suspense and action. This game revitalizes the survival horror genre, akin to Dead Space and Resident Evil 4 when those games debuted. It is my choice for Game of the Year.
  21. Sep 25, 2014
    The most perfectly balanced story driven game I've yet played. Amazing story, plenty of action and activities, it has a very long, thoughtful and interesting plot, with great animation, character development and the combat is actually pretty awesome too.

I wish they had some better DLC right now, but I'm definitely keeping my eye on the future of this title.
  22. Sep 23, 2014
    EN: Few games in history have gained as much hype as The Last of Us, and fewer have lived up to it. The Last of Us is among those. It's a flawless expression of art and emotion through a violent game within the thin lines between beauty and horror, innocence and brutality. If this hard hitting story doesn't made any impact on you, i don't understand you. If you haven't played yet, be prepared for a new kind of game.

PT-BR: Poucos jogos na história ganharam tanta hype quanto The Last of Us, e menos ainda fizeram por merece-la. The Last of Us está entre esses. Ele é uma impecável expressão de arte e emoção através de um game violento entre as finas linhas de beleza e horror, inocência e brutalidade. Se essa história potente não teve nenhum impacto em você, eu não te entende. Se você ainda não jogou, esteja preparado pra uma nova espécie de jogo.
  23. Sep 20, 2014
    The fact that a game with a zombie theme can be so unique still surprises me. I was really confused about what I was feeling throughout the game. I especially loved the music, and the voice acting.
  24. Sep 20, 2014
    Best game of the decade, in my opinion. Amazing and original story line, and great character back stories. It helps you gain a bond towards the character and gets you more involved within the game and makes you feel like you are with them instead of controlling them. Totally worth buying, loved it. Ellie has a fun, not too serious character where as Joel is more controlling but kind. I like the way Joel takes time to warm up to Ellie and through out the game, trusts her more. Very emotional with amazing graphics! Expand
  25. Sep 19, 2014
    Brilliant game, one of my favourite games. Awesome story, deep feelings, awesome design, vfx. It's really true masterpiece.

+ hardcore & unique multiplayer

I bought TLOU for PS3 and PS4, because i really love this game

I love all of Naughty Dog's games
  26. Sep 16, 2014
    The main characters are really handsome and the people who did their voice,they are just amazing.The graphics are spectacular and the story is not original but still fun to play.
  27. Sep 15, 2014
    Oyundaki diyaloglar beni hayran birakti oyunun ortasina kadar pek keyif almamistim ama arabayla avcilarin baskinina ugradiktan sonraki bolumler cok keyifliydi bir kac tane bug vardi henry ve samle sehirden kacarken dusman binanin icine dustu olmustum :D kesinlikle oynanmasi gereken bir oyun oyunun ana menusunden bonuslar kisminda joel ve ellie kiyafet alabilirsiniz
  28. Sep 14, 2014
    I have to admit this is one of the best games I've ever played. Everything in this game is perfect: the music, the story, the characters, the atmosphere, environments, graphics, etc.., Joel and Ellie are some of the best characters ever. The story is excellent. Oh yes, let's not forget the really good multiplayer game.

If you have a PS3 you will be forced to play this masterpiece. If
    you do not have a PS3, this game is a reason to buy it. Expand
  29. Sep 14, 2014
    While it's game play may contain notable flaws, The Last Of Us is ultimately saved by it's beautiful soundtrack, breathtaking atmosphere, & tremendous story.
  30. Sep 12, 2014
    Simply put, the best game ever made. Should be at the top of the list, GTAV, although a good game, should be second as it lacks a lot of stuff GTAIV had, Rockstar are MP benders and sold the SP short.
    The Last of Us was a defining moment in gaming and Naughty Dog are the kings of storytelling
  31. Sep 11, 2014
    Freaking awesome! Yeah i really would prefer a zombie apocalypse multiplayer but clearly that's even better. It's the best game i 've ever played. Great work Naughty Dog. We want The Last of Us 2 and this time release it on pc too
  32. Sep 11, 2014
    A must have game and truly the greatest of a generation, if not one of the best games of all time. The story and characters are amazing, the visuals are gorgrous, the gameplay is great and gives you lots of options how to approach everything. The atmosphere and immersion really pull you in and you will find yourself in some tense situations. This is survival horror done right, where you need to think about how you will use limited resources snd ammo. To top it all off, the multiplayer is really good, requiring teamwork, communication, and strategy along with skill Expand
  33. Sep 9, 2014
    This is the best game one the playstation 3. It is so amazing. The characters are deep, the gameplay good, music is good and I can't think of nothing negative about it.
  34. Sep 9, 2014
  35. Aug 30, 2014
    It is the best game ever made and it is not overrated.Graphics are super.Story is great.Character models are fantastic.When you mix these, it is perfect.
  36. Aug 27, 2014
    3 Words only. Best. Game. Ever...

Recommended for everyone best game ever created, its sad, and awesome! I will play forever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  37. Aug 27, 2014
    Certainly the most powerfully and effectively written storyline in game media I have played to date. Replaying difficult sections can be frustrating but only if you insist on playing on a difficult setting. The gameplay serves the storytelling effectively while continuing to be entertaining for the majority of the game.

The game's ability to predict my future actions in the intro was
    stunning. Because the game seemed to respond to me, and didn't feel scripted. I was floored by this game, and I will remember it fondly. Expand
  38. Aug 27, 2014
    A great story which happens to be told in a video game format. Although the story overpowered the video game experience. Only for that it's not a 10 for me.
    STORY AND CHARACTERS: Perfect story and perfect balance between the two main characters. There's no good or bad here. Only hope and the need to survive
    PRESENTATION: Naughty Dog has used the PS3 like no other developer. When we think
    you can't see anything better than the Uncharted series they pull this off!
    GAMEPLAY: this is where i hoped to see a bit more of the video game experience. It's not totally balanced and you don't feel comfortable because of the scarce resources. I know it's meant to be this way but a little more action wouldn't harm the game.
    ONLINE: Played it a couple of times but it's not Naughty Dog forte.
    An experience that pushes video games to a different level. Absolutely mandatory.
  39. Aug 23, 2014
    My best experience in the video game world, masterpiece. Gameplay, scenario, feels, so, all they good in this game, I waw marked by this experience, it's a true masterpiece.
  40. Aug 23, 2014
    I don't understand the low scores some people have given to this game at all. IMO it is one of the best, if not THE best game I've ever played. I was so caught up in the story that I cried more than once. Yeah, some of the puzzle type things are repetitive - like finding pallets - but the story, the characters, the environments and the fighting more than make up for it - besides you don't have a lot to work with after 20 years of a violent plague almost wiping out mankind. I liked finding ammo and things to craft with and, for me anyway, I found the sneaking and fighting very challenging on the Normal setting. I'm an avid 60 year old gamer and I'm not out to prove I can beat the game on super hard mode, I don't try for all the trophies and I'm not a trolling fan boy - I enjoy a good game with a great story and this game has it!!! In spades!! I'm on my 3rd go round and cannot stop playing it. The characters and the things they go through are so realistic. The voice acting is phenomenal and the other sounds in the environment are extremely realistic. The infected enemies are scary as **** and the human enemies are sometimes worse! It was very satisfying whacking the crap out of them with a melee weapon. I found the controls pretty easy once you got used to them. I did have to die a few times in some places but I always managed to figure out different strategies for killing all enemies and getting all loot.
    This game kept me interested all the way through and more - not like the disappointing Watch Dogs where I was bored to death after a few chapters - The Last of US is definitely worth your money and I can't wait for the upcoming movie I heard about. Joel and Ellie get my vote for the best voiced and best written characters in any video game ever made!!
  41. Aug 21, 2014
    I not going to lie, but this game is nearly perfect. The story is good. Though if you a story like this before is no surprise. The writing makes the game feel and sound real. The story feel a natural pace. There's zombie, but they're not zombies. The game calls them "Infected". There's three types of them: Runners will run and smack you. Clickers will walk up to you and kill you in one move. And Bloaters just Clickers but stronger. This game claim to be horror but the game isn't scary. To the people say I just going to watch it on Youtube are dumb. Is not the story that's makes the game good is the experience. There's online and is good as the game. I say get it. This game is at PS3 and PS4. Expand
  42. Aug 21, 2014
    This is not a review, this is a love letter to Naughty dog :)
    This is not a video game, this is interactive experience and absolutely the best game I have ever played.
    First of all, I don't,like Apocalypse, games, somehow they are not exactly my cup of tea. But this lifeless world is in a specific way full of life. Life, your life and way more important, girls life. The way i felt while
    playing The Last of us i felt so emotional and the atmosphere was so intensive that i could feel the weight of a burden to preserve girls life. Very story driven, absolutely awesome characters and great actors. Game design is great and I mean in functional and aesthetic way. Foliage is greener than in far cry witch is synonym for paradise on virtual earth.
    Stealth great, AI very good, combat very good, graphics stellar ( how PS 3 could handle this I don't, know)
    In any way a must have game.
    Clear 10 :)
  43. Aug 19, 2014
    I rarely complete videogames, as I often find plots boring: this game made me change how I look to videogames plots. Amazing, nothing else to say. I loved it and I still love it
  44. Aug 18, 2014
    By far the best game I have ever played. You instantly feel for the characters. It's frightening, intense and often induces a small tear and a tight chest. Absolutely loved it and would play it again and again. The story is gripping from the word go, the combat panic inducing at times. A perfect mix of everything that makes a truly epic game. It is a very scary premonition of the world were this to truly happen. Loved every second. Never have I been so apprehensive as to open a door. Expand
  45. Aug 16, 2014
    The only decent game I have played in a while and it's made for a relic. Imagine if this was built taking advantage of a high end PC. I gave a ten as compared to the other 99% of crappy games out there this comes out tops, a rather sad thing to say about the gaming industry.
  46. Aug 14, 2014
    A masterpiece that surpasses Uncharted 2 and tells a realistic tale and gives a vicious gameplay. I'm just wordless with this game. It's just amazing.

Yep.
  47. Aug 11, 2014
    The Storyline is amazing, even though the ending wasn't as satisfying. Awesome graphics and voice acting, The stealth can be just a little boring sometimes but overall it's a must have game for people who love games with an amazing storyline
  48. Aug 11, 2014
    The Last of Us was definitely one of this years best games. The writing, voice acting, and story were all extremely solid. It sucks you in and keeps you engaged in a flowing narrative and the game play did its best to keep you engaged and working to progress. The one negative I could find would be that on occasion you feel like the developers simply inserted the same puzzle in a different scenario which tends to feel more like a chore than a puzzle at that point. Expand
  49. Aug 9, 2014
    I've been a PC gamer for the majority of my life and I really wanted to try this game out. I just never wanted to spend the money on a console (ps3). During the release of the PS4, it made sense to hop on board, due to the amount of exclusives that Sony has. This is by far one of the best single-player games I've ever played in my lifetime. This is up there with Half-Life (insert all the expansions), Half-Life 2, Bioshock, and many others. Expand
  50. Aug 9, 2014
    The Last of Us um dos melhores jogos que já joguei na minha vida, o enredo emocionante, cada detalhe do jogo é fantástico , gráficos muito bons, a Naught Dog ta de parabéns ,pra mim seria o game do ano, obra prima mesmo.
  51. Aug 8, 2014
    Oh, The Last of Us...this game amazed me! From the start to the beginning, this game is filled with action, great animations and deep emotions until the end.
    Naughty Dog shows at the end of the last console generation what the PS3 is capable of! I never thought, that the Playstation 3 was able to build such amazing graphics.
    The only negative thing: hours of playtime...sadly it was like
    this in the Uncharted series too but it was totally worth it to play this 16 hours of this masterpiece! Expand
  52. Aug 3, 2014
    I don't know what to say, I don't remember much... because it blew my mind. There is nothing left of me except the awestruck face I am frozen with. Never ever will I dismiss games as being just for adolescents again. Do your country justice and buy this game NOW!!!
  53. Aug 3, 2014
    One of the best games I have ever played. Gameplay, graphics, storyline controls all thought out well and makes for a game that will always remember look forward to playing again in the remastered version.
  54. Jul 30, 2014
    Лучшая игра за десять лет. Ну и вы понимаете, почему 10 лет. Сюжет, персонажи, геймплей - все в игре идеально сделано.
    Поэтому просто 10 из 10. Всем рекомендую купить игру, если нет возможности, то просто посмотреть её видео-прохождение.
  55. Jul 29, 2014
    This game is a work of art. Top-notch voice acting, beautiful graphics, and a story that left me in tears by the end of the first segment of the game. The combat is nothing too special and the puzzles are often easy and just minor annoyances, and there are a few kinks with the games AI, but all of this is eclipsed by the amount that this game achieves in terms of storytelling and characters. To me, this is about as perfect as a game can get. Expand
  56. Jul 29, 2014
    I've heard mixed reviews on this game ranging from "it's too boring and slow moving" to "this is the greatest game of all time". I can now say, after playing through the bulk of this game, that I completely understand both sides of reviews. For those of you who want an adrenaline rush of game play with constant action, go elsewhere for your gaming experience as this is not the game for you.

However, those of you who enjoy imaginative immersion in a well-crafted storyline, realistic/believable characters, beautiful artwork and game design, exploration, and solid game play, look no further. The environments are mesmerizing, the character movement is gorgeous, the dialogue and voice acting is superb, the mix of stealth/scavenging/shooting within the twists and turns of the games story is as excellent as video games come.

The game basically plays as a 3rd person shooter (think Resident Evil 4+5) with stealth elements (think Splinter Cell) and crafting (again, think Resident Evil 4+5). Additionally, as you traverse the lengths of the storyline, you will find yourself in a myriad of settings ranging from (but not limited to) the outskirts of the city refuge to a deserted town and all the way to the wilderness, university campus, and sewers. Each new area and chapter in the game flows along the tide of TLoU's amazingly executed storyline - and the characters you play as become increasingly unique, realistic, and dear to your heart. I cannot tell you how astounded I was throughout my first play through. I can honestly say that the enjoyment of this game remained throughout the second play through as well.

*I believe my total play through time for the game was roughly around 18 hours or so. I suppose it would depend on how quickly you are attempting to finish - my style included quite a bit of exploration and a steady pace throughout to soak up the beauty of the game.

Definitely within the top 5 best games I have ever experienced. Well worth the price of a ps3 for this game alone. I would highly recommend for post-apocalyptic enthusiasts.
  57. Jul 28, 2014
    Very good game but I got bored shooting at humans, I think it should be all about killing zombies which is much more fun. And what is the point in a fight between survivors?
  58. Jul 26, 2014
    The Last of Us is my favorite Playstation 3 game. The gameplay and story are just perfect. Online multiplayer is engaging and extremely addicted. This is one of the best games ever made.
  59. Jul 25, 2014
    Masterpiece of a game and will be a legendary game in the video game franchise for as long as they exist. The story is just excellent, the gameplay is very good (some occasional bugs, for example when you are sneaking about trying to avoid the clickers or normal enemies sometimes ellie will run about and walk straight into them but they wont notice her at times) its the second best game of the last generation, behind GTA V . Expand
  60. Jul 22, 2014
    This is one of the only games were I have been emotionally attached to the characters. It is by far the best game I have ever played. I have the remastered edition preordered as well. This game is truly legendary.
  61. Jul 19, 2014
    This game accomplishes what many games seek to do but fall short of doing. By far the best looking game on the PS3 I've seen, and I find it difficult to switch back to other games after playing The Last of Us due to the difference in visual quality. On top of that it has a phenomenal story behind it with characters you become attached to. These two qualities alone make you want to keep playing the game until you beat it. Add into these factors that it has great game mechanics and the option to choose how to play. After beating the game you have the option of multiplayer, which is tied into the story mode and has unique gameplay settings that I haven't personally seen combined into one game before, or since. All of these things add up to make the best game on the PlayStation console, and one of the best games ever as well. It's unique place in the world of gaming opens it up to non-gamers as well for the captivating cutscenes are available to watch in the option settings. Expand
  62. Jul 18, 2014
    Es impresionante que en el tramo final de PS3 salga un juego así de bueno. La historia es muy interesante y contiene giros totalmente inesperados. El prólogo ya te pone la piel de gallina... Técnicamente es una delicia y la jugabilidad es exquisita. La relación entre Joel y Ellie es una de las mejores que se han visto en un videojuego. El final del juego es muy original e inesperado. Compra imprescindible para cualquier poseedor de PS3. Expand
  63. Jul 17, 2014
    A great game and one of the best of 2013, but a tad overrated. The Last of Us hits me with it's great story and extremely well developed and memorable characters. The gameplay is fun and it keeps you alert at all times, the visuals are stunning, the atmosphere is intense, just everything about this game is amazing. If you have a PS3 buy this game, it's worth every penny.
  64. Jul 15, 2014
    It astonishes me with amount of people who dislike this game. Although, I can agree it's not for everyone, it's still a fantastic game.

The gameplay is simple, but it has a lot of variety and allows different ways to approach levels. You can sneak past while throwing a bottle or brick to distract your enemies, or you can run through the level shooting and beating the crap out of
    enemies. Yes, its not like Metal Gear or Deus Ex, but that's because it's not supposed to be.

The Last Of Us has a simple, yet effective story with beautiful and immerse levels. You play as Joel. He'sin his early forties (or so I estimated) twenty years after the apocalypse started. You are then given your objective with escorting Ellie through a run down city. Simple. I know, but as you progress the story becomes more of a more human and emotional story.

Voice acting is superb. Troy Baker and Ashley Johnson play the characters of Joel and Ellie quite well.

The multiplayer is definitely amazing. It takes all the in game elements of the single player, and adds it to the multiplayer. Note that teamwork is key to survival.

In conclusion The Last Of Us is a beautifully, immerse game, with superb characters, fun gameplay, and a emotional tale told well. It's not for everybody, but if you're a fan of Naughty Dog, then you'll love this masterpiece. Also you can skip cut-scenes if they aren't for you.
  65. Jul 13, 2014
    The Last of Us is to me at least the best game on the PS3. The graphics are great the story's great the game play's great and the voice acting is some of the best I've seen in a Video Game.
  66. Jul 13, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Best Game eveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeer Expand
  67. Jul 13, 2014
    One of the best games I have ever played. The story is phenomenal and the combat is tight, balanced, and satisfying. I personally believe this is a game every gamer needs to experience atleast ONCE. Easily a must own. Can't wait for the revised PS4 version.
  68. Jul 12, 2014
    A milestone in gaming storytelling for years to come. So much emotion between two characters on top if satisfying gameplay makes this one of the best games made
  69. Jul 10, 2014
    Game is a marvel of storytelling. Rises above the very recently overused post apocalypse theme and makes it stand out. The gameplay, while not more elaborate than some other games out there, it's very simple and very fluid supported with great physics. Cinematically, very few games other than perhaps metal gear solid series and few others compare and voice acting is second to none. Great promise to naughty dog's future games that will be on PS4 Expand
  70. Jul 10, 2014
    Absolutely incredible game. Quite possibly the best game I have played on the PS3 to date. Fantastic game-play with a well thought out and constructed story. At times I was playing along just to get the next cut scene. When playing in a dark room with a half decent TV, the immersion is incredible. To think graphics like this can come out of a PS3 is insane. I don't usually like games where you are stuck to a pre-defined path to follow but this didn't feel like it at all. If you haven't got this yet and are considering it, do it. Expand
  71. Jul 6, 2014
    The last of us was one of the greatest games of 2013 and possibly one of the greatest games ever. The game had an amazing story ( that i wont spoil) the graphics were the best on ps3 ever, the Gameplay was easy to get used too and really fun especially on hard which made it feel like u were really in their position and how hard it was too survive the acting was the best i have ever seen the characters were easy too love and get attached too but they could have used less f bombs and the ending wasn't very special but overall amazing game i would rate it 9.5/10 if they had that rating i very strongly suggest picking up ths game Expand
  72. Jun 30, 2014
    There isn't much that hasn't been said about this masterpiece of gaming. Everyone knows it represents a landmark in graphic design for future video games, as well as how impressively tight the story, dialogues and characters are written apart from the intuitive gameplay. All I can say is that if you have a PS3 or a PS4 (when the remastered version comes out) and you don't have this game, what the hell are you waiting for? Expand
  73. Jun 30, 2014
    I loved this game. I was gripped from start to finish like I never have been with any other game. Everything about it was great but most of all the story. Ellie and Joel are such great characters (probably my favourite in game history) and the story is as good as any book or film. The control scheme was pretty much perfect (the cover system worked very well as did the melee controls) and I loved being able to customise your melee weapons and the incentives to collect things such as being able to upgrade your guns. Oh and the graphics were stunning, hands down the best I've seen on the PS3 and that's no easy feat, there's some great looking games on the console. Sure it's very linear but there's still just enough exploration and it makes a nice change not to have an open-world game with a million choices at every turn. I'll never forget this game, to me it's truly a masterpiece. Expand
  74. Jun 30, 2014
    This game is simply fantastic ! Not only do you immerse yourself in a world that is frightening and beautiful at the same time full of nasty creatures, but you also emotionally connect with the fictional characters that venture through the zombie infested land. When I finished this game I was actually sad because I did not want it to end. The game is set so you have the opportunities to make your way through the obstacles your way, that's what makes it so great. You can choose to kill the zombies in some levels or simply stealthy move past them, you choose. And then their is constant surprises every where you go for items to collect which can change the course of the game, if you kill a zombie or hostile sometimes you can pick up guns,ammo,bombs and more. I enjoyed every part of this game, and some levels were so hard I had to try multiple times to make it through ( bloater in the gym just die already ,). You are equipped with various weapons, but my favourite was the bow and arrow, clean silent kills. I defiantly hope naughty dog make numerous sequels to this game, it is truly entertaining and actually made me think, if this really happened what would I do to survive. Expand
  75. Jun 29, 2014
    why i'm actually dissapointed with some of the negative reviews, the last of us on hard is one of the most intense games i have ever played, i loved the stealth segments, the crafting system, the enemy ai,the horror feeling,the shooting and everything else that was simple top notch, there is nothing wrong with adding a cinematic feeling to a stellar gameplay experience, i swear that even without the story and the music i still would have love it, i guess that when something is so succesful it brings a lot of hate from jealous people,it becomes perfectly normal to hate great things, i really don't want to live in a cynic world where everything is considered overrated and meh Expand
  76. Jun 26, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Naughty Dog has proven time and time again that they can deliver great gameplay with amazing storytelling. Crash Bandicoot was a childhood dream. The Uncharteds evolved so much that they are now classed as some of the greatest games ever made (Number 2 was excellent). But where do you go from there? What can you do with a new IP? Well, you take the lessons learnt from your previous series and just improve. Better gunplay, better story, less linearity. That is The Last Of Us. The greatest video game of this generation and one of the greatest games of all time.

Key to its success- the story. The relationships developed between the characters. This is one of the most realistic games out. Right from the start you have the feeling that this is something completely different. For the first 5 minutes you take control of Joel's little girl, a vulnerable child who gives you a bleak outlook on the world, as she observes the horrible events unfolding. When you switch to Joel things are worse, as his daughter becomes even more of a liability. But no matter what the next few minutes will destroy your heart. I cried like I have never before in a game. As Joel hugs his daughter and begs for her life back... These first few minutes are what made this game for me.

Fast forward twenty years and we are now in a bleak and oppressive future, where Joel only cares about himself. He has nobody to look out for. And then Ellie comes along, a girl he starts off disliking, but slowly warms to. Three quarters through the game and he tortures a man to find her. The ending proves how far he will really go. Ellie possesses the key to the cure for the virus that has spread throughout the world and only her brain can save us. But Joel won't let her die and the final level is the greatest part of the whole experience. And the ending is phenomenal, as Joel proves that not only is he willing to become a monster, but he is also willing to lie to Ellie so that she stays safe. Like an episode of Game of Thrones, there are no happy endings. I did just spoil the whole game, so anyone who read this for a recommendation I am sorry- I did warn you!

While the gameplay could never outmatch the brilliance of the narrative, it is still finely tuned and highly polished. Joel is just an ordinary man and he controls as such. He vaults and runs and his movements are realistic to the point that you believe you are playing a movie. The animation work is unmatched by anything- even next gen games like InFamous: Second Son! The hand to hand combat is brutal and unflinching. You'll crush heads and tear up bodies. The gunplay is even nastier. While some won't like it, Joel isn't some elite army officer and he aims like a normal human. There are a lot of weapons to gather throughout the game, ranging from a rifle, to a shotgun, to a bow and arrow and each one handles differently and realistically. They all have some pretty nasty animations, with the gore being turned up to a large amount. While this may contrast to the touching story moments, it shows how visceral and unflinching the people in this world are. There is brutal violence, but there will also be touching moments, such as talking to Ellie about ice cream trucks or telling her about Joel's daughter.

There are also looting and crafting elements and upgrading your weapons and Joel is rewarding and gives you a good feeling. You can also craft traps and explosives and medkits... The systems aren't complicated, but there is enough substance to offer you plenty of do. There are also numerous collectibles (many worth getting) along with unlockables. With this amount to do, you will want to replay the game and I did! New Game Plus is available and there are many difficulty modes to try your hand at. But don't worry because the enemies are challenging.

Most of the time you will be fighting humans and while there are various types of normal people (and every type can be brutally ripped to shreds), the infected foes are the best to fight. They offer a challenge and there are four types to take on. The standard runners go down easy (unless they surround you), but the Clickers are he deadliest. Get too close and they can insta kill you. The Stalkers are like nastier, faster Runners and the Bloaters are the worst around, with brutal moves and deadly long range attacks. Every fight requires careful thinking and a good strategy if you want to stay alive!

The Last of Us also includes a multiplayer mode and unsurprisingly, it doesn't take over single player as desired option. However, it is a smart, faster paced place to spend your time and the modes are very different to what you would expect. It's polished, has multiple maps, plenty of unlockables and still offers a pretty fun time.

I better wrap this up, so here goes: The Last Of Us is a beautiful game, with amazing graphics, excellent sound work and striking innovation. Play it immediately- pick up a Playstation if you must!
  77. Jun 22, 2014
    This is easily one of the best games of this generation. The chemistry between the 2 main characters is superb, it not a sexual chemistry, but a friend-like chemistry. When Joel and Elie meet for the first time they are complete strangers to each other, but as the games progresses they become almost family. the gameplay keeps you on the edge of your seat the hole way through, the music is awesome, and the supporting characters with great voice acting gives you great performance. The multiplayer is a pleasant surprise too. The great crafting system is implemented in it letting you use various legit tactics versus enemy players. ammo is rare just like in single player. The only down side of the multiplayer is that the customization menu for your character and the emblem creation is very limited end frankly, halved-ass. Still this game deserves the legendary status it has got. Expand
  78. Jun 21, 2014
    The perfect game for it's time. From it's harrowing opening to it's perfect conclusion. Naughty Dog has given us the game from hence forth all A+ survival horror titles will need to compare itself to. I purchased a PS3 purely to play this game, after 6 years on a 360 and I'll never buy a Microsoft product again. Fantastic characters, emotive story, varied location, perfectly paced, beautiful looking, scored and soundtracked to perfection. 10/10 Expand
  79. PMG
    Jun 18, 2014
    NaughtyDog has done it again. Creating a new spectacle as far as story and presentation goes, you really wanna see how the story ends. It is also a superb combat system, with risk and reward, stealth, unsteady aim, and deadly enemies. A true masterpiece, and with a fun multiplayer, the only word i truly feel descripes The Last Of Us, is complete. Like with Uncharted 3, you absolutely have to own this game if you have a PS3. Expand
  80. Jun 12, 2014
    This game is not only beuatiful to look at, but the story is so good it could easily have been considered for an oscar, had it only been a movie instead of a game. If you're in to post-apocalyptic settings, killing zombies or maybe just a good story, then this is a must have for this generation.
  81. Jun 11, 2014
    I gave this game a 10 because i feel that it deserves higher than a 9, though it isn't perfect this game is an absolute gem. With an interesting and intense story with scenes that kept me at the edge of my seat grinding my teeth I can say that not many games have had this effect. When watching cutscenes or playing the game I was always on my toes eager to know how the next event would play out. Furthermore, the game's fluid third person game-play worked well. Naughtydog has stepped up their game from the Uncharted series with significant improvements to how well the came plays and how precisely I can control my character. The characters are likable and interesting, the graphics are very good, there is not much to complain about other that the decent multiplayer, which is still fun. This near masterpiece is one of the best playstation exclusives, a must own for any collection. Expand
  82. Jun 11, 2014
    Maybe #1, since it is a new game there is nothing but old time gamers to bring up old games that set standards, but as those generations die and this game becomes the back bone of gaming history, we can remember that Sarah's death might have been one of the saddest I've ever experienced in a video game. Of course adding to the fact that Ellie adds to the characters adventures really sets the bar for games like this, blowing bioshock infinite and other great games like GTA V out of the water (Depending on your taste between a good survival story adventure and a violent story). I really found myself more tied to the characters as they began as us and had to build their own civilizations out of scratch. Expand
  83. Jun 5, 2014
    A true masterpiece. I have never felt so engaged with characters of any game (or movie) like I did with these in the Last of Us. The story, the world, the music is all refreshingly honest.
  84. Jun 3, 2014
    Definitely one of my favorite single-player game of the 7th generation. The story is amazing to say the least, it isn't that generic nor is it REALLY original but it is executed very well. Gameplay is pretty much what you'll expect in third-person shooters with abilities to upgrade your weapons with gears, upgrade your character with pills and scavenging. My only problem with the game overall is immersion. Your companions aren't really "in the world" with you as they cannot be noticed by enemies even if they walk right smack in front of them, they still won't alarm the enemies so that kinda takes a little bit of immersion out of the game but it doesn't warrant a point deduction. A must-buy for everyone unless you're a multiplayer centric gamer and don't enjoy single-player games. Expand
  85. Jun 3, 2014
    The Last of Us PlayStation 3 This review is based on my experience and does not intend to insult other reviewers opinions. Story – From the opening scenes to the final moments of the game and that black screen hits your eyes you find yourself hooked on the story that Naughty dog shovel into your face. You fall in love with the relationships and the characters, the story itself you believe to be quite simple, a virus outbreak and survival, what some people don’t realise is that underneath the main story the sub stories are the ones that hook your mind and your heart. The fight for survival, the feel of loss in every direction, the sense of helplessness that shadows the main character even though he has been hardened by the world around him, the beauty of life that we all take for granted but seen through a girls eyes, the list is endless, words cannot describe the story, the story has to be seen and felt.

Graphics – The graphics are beautiful, the textures of the shirt on our main characters back to the beautiful yet disturbing settings around them all add up to a beautiful display of artwork and creativity. Realism and at some points you find yourself stood still and turning the camera around to view sections around you in awe.

Characters – The characters are the best part about this title, it is very difficult to describe them especially in just 5000 characters or less. Ellie and Joel bring something to your experience I personally have never experienced within a game before, in fact by the end of the game I found myself wanting a daughter for my first child, the chemistry between the two characters is heartfelt and breath-taking, you find yourself truly caring for them, their journey truly does become yours, from the silence and annoyance felt between the two at the beginning to the love and protection you get by the end. The characters whom they meet along the way also add that extra bit of excitement and heartbreak, one of my personal favourites is Bill, the character of few words and such a big story that if missed leaves him misunderstood. The depths within the game itself are mesmerising.

Result – This game is a life changing moment of art, the character development, the story, the action, the music… everything hooks you from the get go and once you start you have to finish it, you find yourself craving more and you miss the company of Ellie and Joel within other games. May sound over the top but if you find yourself one who appreciates the little details (Keep an eye out in the toy shop when one of the brothers you encounter picks up a toy and is told he can’t have it, watch Ellie closely and then quickly take the camera off her and back on her again and you will see a hidden gem that shows how cute they have made the character) you will truly love this game.

Of course there are certain things within the game that can make you scream for the hills, the AI can be very annoying at times, Ellie can seem to stand in front of enemies within a single bit of reaction from them and when you are sneaking through Clicker territory and Bill is romper stomping around the place it does tend to knock the illusion but if able put that aside and enjoy the ride.
  86. Jun 2, 2014
    To give this game less then a 10 would be an insult to the hard work that Naughty Dog have put in to make what I could argue is one of the best, if not the best, game of all time.
  87. Jun 2, 2014
    This game was emotionally the hardest game i've ever played. The characters were to me people i really cared and that made the experience much more harder. It's been probably close to a year since i completed the game and still i sometimes find myself thinking about the game. Best game i ever played.
  88. Jun 2, 2014
    Una bellissima esperienza che lascia il segno, grazie ad una storia avvincente, toccante e ben narrata, personaggi memorabili e credibili e un comparto grafico fantastico. Non posso dargli il massimo però a causa del gameplay, di buona fattura, ma abbastanza ripetitivo e non all'altezza del resto della produzione. Resta uno dei migliori giochi degli ultimi anni.
  89. May 31, 2014
    Naughty Dog has captured the soul of the gamer in this one. I would just like to say that whoever does not have a ps3 has missed this game big time!!! The intensity when a clicker or bloater is cming ur way is so thrliing !!! Guys evebn the multiplayer is awesome. Thought it takes a while to understand everything but that also has not failed to impress. Overall this game has to be on your most wanted list of games!!!!!!! Expand
  90. May 30, 2014
    The Last of Us

Campaign - The campaign is amazing, it has a story which not a lot of games have now a days, a interesting one, this was the game which i bought with my PS3 and i was not disappointed, its characters act real, you care for the characters and it has some of most emotional moments in video game history and for it being a PS3 game, its graphics push the boundaries.

Multiplayer - The multiplayer is the shocker for me, it is surprisingly fun, it has a nice use of survival, stealth and tactics, not just run and gun like most games (CoD, Battlefield).

Overall - The Last of Us is the one of only games i have played more than once, and wanted to and also has some moments which will bring the tears out, 10/10
  91. May 30, 2014
    Naughty Dog showing to the world (again) how to make excellent "movie-games". If you wanna play only a game it´s better to find another one because The Last of Us makes you penetrate into an amazing game experience were the characters involves you in a matter that sometimes you believe to be watching a movie or so. The script of the game is superb. The psychological evolution of the characters is somehow unique. The last of us is a must have game. Expand
  92. May 29, 2014
    More than a game. The story was truly engrossing even if it's not the most original. The gameplay is not revolutionary but good enough to feel rewarding. Such great graphics/animation too.
  93. May 29, 2014
    This is one of the best games I ever played. The characters are unique and interesting. The story is phenomenal and even puts you in a conflict with yourself, where you start to think, whether it's morally or not, what's happening there. The graphics for a PS3 are breathtaking, I've never seen such great textures. The gameplay is good, but not revolutionary. It's kinda nice, that you can craft bombs etc., but it's extremely simple made.

This game will stay with me my whole life long.
  94. May 28, 2014
    I have a feeling that this game will live on as Half Life 2 has.
    The graphics are incredible, gameplay is very smooth at most times and the storyline is outright incredible. A must buy for any PS3 owner.
  95. May 25, 2014
    I first wrote a negative review of this game, about how clickers are annoying and how annoying and game breaking is their 1 shot kill animation. Now I progressed a lot through the game and I change my review. Although the plot may seem like a generic apocalypse stuff, characters are well written, voice acting is amazing and the way things progress throughout this apocalypse is much more interesting than they are in The Walking Dead, I Am Legend and many other apocalypse scenarios I've seen so far. The more you play, the more enjoyable it gets so don't give up playing in your first 5-6 hours of gameplay. Expand
  96. May 23, 2014
    Awesome, Mostly for people who has a heart, if you don't have one you can get one after playing this game. Game sucks you in and just don't want the story to end.
  97. May 22, 2014
    What makes this a Naughty Dog game and not simply a retread is the studio's use of actors, music, environments, characters, and gameplay. Everything here flows together beautifully much like the paintings of Leonardo da Vinci.
  98. May 21, 2014
    The last of us si simply a masterpiece, it's the best looking game of the current/last gen consoles hands down. Gameplay can be a little repetitive if you're playing on easy/normal difficulty but when you crank it up to survivor you're going to get your ass handed to you. Story actually isn't that good on paper it's the execution that is brilliant the emotions between the characters is the selling point.Aside from a few pacing problems the only thing i didn't like about the game was the ending, not that it was bad but it was just unsatisfying the game is currently spread open for a sequel and if they do one we can only pray it delivers. Expand
  99. May 20, 2014
    A true masterpiece, a generation defining game, and one of the best games you'll ever get to play.
    The Last Of Us is the culmination of the seventh generation of consoles and one of the best games ever made in history, it's amazing story makes you get attached to Ellie and Joel in a way that you just can't imagine, and it has some of the most engaging and realistic gameplay a game has
    ever had.

In 25 years from now it will still be played and remembered as a cult video game like no other.
  100. Sep 28, 2013
    Este es sin dudas mi juego favorito hasta la fecha: "The Last of Us" es arte en su más pura forma, con una campaña totalmente completa y extensa y con el modo cinematográfico que tiene Naughty Dog de contar una bella historia dramática. Pero "The Last of Us" no es solo eso: verás que no queda nada del mundo que conocemos, será todo simplemente oscuro y te la apañas para sobrevivir en un mundo que ya no existe. Gráficos excelentes, personajes sólidos y una emocionante historia ¿Que mas pedir? Este juego tiene emociones a más no poder. Totalmente bueno y recomendable. Collapse

1. Sep 16, 2013
  2. Sep 10, 2013
  3. Despite the breakneck pace of the prologue, it takes quite a while for The Last of Us to pick up some speed again. However, once the cold harsh winter arrives, the action (and story) ramps up. So much so, it puts most Hollywood productions to shame. [July 2013, p.76]