The Last of Us PlayStation 3

• Publisher: SCEA
  • Release Date: Jun 14, 2013
9.1

1. Dec 6, 2016
    Well i've already reviewed it 2 times.Just saw TLOU 2 reveal trailer.After listening to the soundtrack at the end of reveal trailer,tears started dropping from my eyes.Really gave me goosebumps so i just felt that i need to review it again.
  2. Dec 6, 2016
    Let me start by saying this is easily one the best video games I have ever played in my 32 years. I put this game off for a long time but I finally got around to playing this game. Everyone was completely right, this game is a masterpiece. One of the few triumphs in gaming and story telling. Amazing graphics, realistic and believable characters that you grow to love and become attached to,Let me start by saying this is easily one the best video games I have ever played in my 32 years. I put this game off for a long time but I finally got around to playing this game. Everyone was completely right, this game is a masterpiece. One of the few triumphs in gaming and story telling. Amazing graphics, realistic and believable characters that you grow to love and become attached to, tight realistic game play and a riveting and engaging story. If you haven't played this game, you are doing yourself a HUGE disservice. Easily the best game I have played on Playstation in the last 2 generations. Expand
  3. Dec 4, 2016
    Best game i have ever played in my entire life, everything its perfect, the characters, the story, the gameplay, the dialogs, the ending.
    Even if you dont play a lot of videogames in general, you have to try this masterpiece.
  4. Dec 4, 2016
    10 / 10 , must have ,как говориться ,каждый обладатель ps3,4 должен хотя бы 1 раз сыграть эту игру
  5. Dec 3, 2016
    Never played a game that touched me mentally as much as Last of Us did. Best single player game ever so far and a must buy for playstation owners. Cant wait for the sequel!
  6. Nov 29, 2016
    The Last of Us is a double-sided work, but they are two perfect faces. On one side we have the perfect story, and on the other we have the perfect setting. A masterpiece.
  7. Nov 14, 2016
    The Last of Us é obrigatorio, a historia é excelente, tem momentos emocionantes, como a morte da filha do Joel, que é bem forte, o grafico é excelente, o jogo tem momentos dificeis, alguns inimigos sao complicados, como os estaladores, tem momentos de caça que é bem legal de fazer, tem momentos que controlamos a Ellie que ate fizeram ate DLC que ela é a principal, The Last of Us é um dosThe Last of Us é obrigatorio, a historia é excelente, tem momentos emocionantes, como a morte da filha do Joel, que é bem forte, o grafico é excelente, o jogo tem momentos dificeis, alguns inimigos sao complicados, como os estaladores, tem momentos de caça que é bem legal de fazer, tem momentos que controlamos a Ellie que ate fizeram ate DLC que ela é a principal, The Last of Us é um dos melhores jogos que eu ja joguei, um dos melhores do Playstation 3. Nota 10 Expand
  8. Nov 14, 2016
    The Last of Us is a outstanding game. It has a great plot that plays out perfectly. My jaw dropped to the floor multiple times. Some points in the game are like nothing else other games have to offer. You will probably like this game at least a little bit but probably a lot. Amazing.
  9. Nov 11, 2016
    Best game I have ever played. I have played hundreds of games since the 1990's and this game is my favorite out of all of them. I bought both the PS3 version and the PS4 version.
  10. Oct 26, 2016
    Olé sh*t! Mushroom zombies! Ruun dammit ruun! I mean, seriously, this is one of the scariest games I've ever played. And not just that, but probably one of the very best ever! The story and characters are just awesome, f*cking brilliant! And the graphics and attention to detail in the post-apocalyptic world is beautiful. The relationship between Joel and Ellie is awesome, and fun to watchOlé sh*t! Mushroom zombies! Ruun dammit ruun! I mean, seriously, this is one of the scariest games I've ever played. And not just that, but probably one of the very best ever! The story and characters are just awesome, f*cking brilliant! And the graphics and attention to detail in the post-apocalyptic world is beautiful. The relationship between Joel and Ellie is awesome, and fun to watch as it changes over time, from the start to the end. Plus the fact that the game has some seriously scary enemies, like the freakin' Clickers! Or those damn, big boy Bloaters (who loosely resemble that big **** on YouTube, Francis). As for the overall gameplay, it honestly becomes kind of repetitive over time. Not to say it's not fun. It really is, but each mission seems the same- crush this guy's skull, set some zombies on fire, sneak around here, shoot em' up over there. But, y'know, they make repetitive a good thing. It's oddly satisfying doing the same things over and over. Like GTA V. Kill some cops, blow up some cars, go to the strip club. Just alike in that way! So, with that being said, I can safely say that this is probably the best horror game I've ever had the fortune of playing, although, I must admit, I have mixed feelings about the ending. You'll have to check it for yourself. And just one thing before I go... Saddam was here. Expand
  11. Oct 26, 2016
    This is best game for PS3 platform that I have seen before. Amazing, genius and cool. Best stels action of all naughty dogs games. Intresting story and drama. I reccomend for everubody this game to take in their collection.
  12. Sep 23, 2016
    I'm just writing at least 150 characters because I wanted to save this review in a more convenient way to look back at scores that I had given stuff as a user.
  13. Sep 23, 2016
    El mejor juego de playstation aunque vayan a 30 fps y con bajadas en ps3 aun mantengo y mantendre durante un gran tiempo mi opinion ni uncharted 4 ni nada
  14. Sep 17, 2016
    Muito bom o jogo, ótima história, ótimo multiplayer, gráficos excelentes para época sem dúvida um dos melhores jogos que já joguei na vida, gostaria de ver mais jogos excelentes como TLOU
  15. Sep 6, 2016
    The Last of Us is an absolutely amazing game. It's brilliant; there's no doubt about it. It's got fun, engaging gameplay mixed with some really great characters that sell the story and atmosphere.
    That said, it's an incredibly depressing game. The characters undergo some very human moments, but there are also times when Murphy's law lords so heavily over the narrative that it feels distinctly inhuman.
  16. Aug 19, 2016
    This is one of the games more finalized in my life gamer, great story, great art direction, great characters, dubbing PT BR is perfect, etc. But I found his gameplay on the PS3 very strange, some buttons that do not follow the standards of the other games, but it is usual question. Anyway, it's a good game!
  17. Aug 17, 2016
    Brilliant. Memorable. Emotionally deep and story-driven. A killer multiplayer too. A modern day classic. A masterpiece. These are all ways to describe the same once in a lifetime experience: The Last of Us.
  18. Aug 16, 2016
    The Last of Us is an action-adventure survival horror video game developed by Naughty Dog and published by Sony Computer Entertainment.

The Last of Us is the Best Game I've Ever Played.

+ Awesome Story
    + All Characters are Well Written
    + Emotional and Sad at the Same Time
    + Joel and Ellie
  19. Aug 13, 2016
    I can just say...the last of us is a masterpiece...which you will never ever forget about it...the story will make you laugh..cry...sad..hopefull and you will never forget a single character in this game...it's a real art..best directing...best voice acting...and the music is another masterpice..just love it..Two big thumbs up..I will never forget this game till the rest of my life
  20. Jul 30, 2016
    This game takes you through an awesome experience between 2 well placed characters. The horrors and mystery of how the game is designed is just the kind of experience you would wish to expect from any game.
  21. Jul 20, 2016
    What can you say that hasn't been said countless times before? TLOU on PS3 is one of the greatest games of all time. One that will be talked about 20 years from now. And let's not forget the game also features a highly underrated multiplayer. It's a wonderful game and is a must play for PS3 owners.
  22. Jul 19, 2016
    A masterpiece! Best game I've ever played! Amazing storytelling, graphics, music, acting, world building, gameplay, and everything else in between. A must have for any gamer, or even story lover for that matter.
  23. Jul 11, 2016
    The Last of Us is probably the best gaming experience I ever had. A fungus devastates the population and takes down the government. Joel, an average man from Texas, goes through a traumatic experience as the authorities lose control. 20 years later, he finds what can be the salvation of mankind. Featuring a touching storyline, amazing gameplay and relatable characters, The Last of Us isThe Last of Us is probably the best gaming experience I ever had. A fungus devastates the population and takes down the government. Joel, an average man from Texas, goes through a traumatic experience as the authorities lose control. 20 years later, he finds what can be the salvation of mankind. Featuring a touching storyline, amazing gameplay and relatable characters, The Last of Us is one of the shining jewels of gaming. Expand
  24. Jun 24, 2016
    This is my favorite game ever and the reason I got a playstation 3 in the first place. The DLC's, the Online gaming, the gameplay itself, everything about this game is perfect, I got it on pre-sale and got to see it grow since the very beginning, best game ever, I'm very thankful for it.
  25. Jun 14, 2016
    It's the best game I have ever played in my whole life, I don't usually play Single Player Games, My friends and my brother recommended me to play this game, Once I did it, I couldn't stop playing it, I played it all day and night until I finished the game and figured out what happens at the end, The story and the Game-play just makes you go into the game itself. Once you start playing it,It's the best game I have ever played in my whole life, I don't usually play Single Player Games, My friends and my brother recommended me to play this game, Once I did it, I couldn't stop playing it, I played it all day and night until I finished the game and figured out what happens at the end, The story and the Game-play just makes you go into the game itself. Once you start playing it, You want to keep playing until you know what happens at the end. It's more like having some fun with the amazing Game-play and at the same time watching the story which is exactly like a movie. Expand
  26. Jun 9, 2016
    The Last of Us is one of the best exclusives on Playstation 3 . Really Awesome Graphics showing real graphics Playstation 3 and amazing storyline, one of the best storyline on Playstation 3 and in this game very cool main characters - Sara, here father and his friend . This game there are on PS3 and PS4 and on PS4 graphics is bettr than on PS3 and version on PS4 I would appreciate onThe Last of Us is one of the best exclusives on Playstation 3 . Really Awesome Graphics showing real graphics Playstation 3 and amazing storyline, one of the best storyline on Playstation 3 and in this game very cool main characters - Sara, here father and his friend . This game there are on PS3 and PS4 and on PS4 graphics is bettr than on PS3 and version on PS4 I would appreciate on 10/10, but this is version for Playstation 3 . Amazing game with amazing storyline even better than Heavy Rain . Expand
  27. Jun 6, 2016
    First of all: Naughty Dogs always create masterpiece. If they work on game: it will be perfect or near for it. The Last of Us - is from this orest: perfect as one game. No, it not perfect in all aspects. No, it not perfect for all players. But if player like this type, if player like the truly good game - it would be just gift from God. It play on one breath. It not hard(if you choose idFirst of all: Naughty Dogs always create masterpiece. If they work on game: it will be perfect or near for it. The Last of Us - is from this orest: perfect as one game. No, it not perfect in all aspects. No, it not perfect for all players. But if player like this type, if player like the truly good game - it would be just gift from God. It play on one breath. It not hard(if you choose id or easy level, I don't know why all mumbling about "hard"), it not scary. It just good action adventure. not survival horror, not third person shooter. But perfect adventure, with good story. Graphics - well, all know about it , it near max(maybe realy max) PS3 possible. Soundtrack is still playing in my phone. If you don't play it and has PS3 - your console just waste of place and time, play it. If you dont play it and dont has console: just buy it and play - is best game on PS3, and one of the best game from first pong Expand
  28. Jun 3, 2016
    When it comes to atmosphere, Naughty Dog is one of the best at setting it. It's dark, serious and emotional and carries a dark theme all the way through.
  29. May 27, 2016
    One of the best games of the last generation of consoles and in General is the best game I've played.A single company full sad and realistic moments that is only a plus.The multiplayer is also good but single is better .And all the awards that got this game were justified.10/10!!!!!!!
  30. May 18, 2016
    The Last of Us es un juego que me dejó sin palabras y hoy en día lo sigue haciendo, lo he completado unas 8 veces y seguiría haciendolo. Naughty Dog nos dejó asombrados cuando mostró éste juego y la expectación que se creó la tiene muy merecida. Los personajes, la música, los escenarios, los diálogos, el gameplay, las mecánicas, el diseño, la narrativa,... todo está un peldaño por encimaThe Last of Us es un juego que me dejó sin palabras y hoy en día lo sigue haciendo, lo he completado unas 8 veces y seguiría haciendolo. Naughty Dog nos dejó asombrados cuando mostró éste juego y la expectación que se creó la tiene muy merecida. Los personajes, la música, los escenarios, los diálogos, el gameplay, las mecánicas, el diseño, la narrativa,... todo está un peldaño por encima del resto de obras y si no lo está lo iguala. Es difícil encontrarle algo malo a éste juego por eso y por ser mi juego favorito le doy ésta nota. Expand
  31. May 11, 2016
    The BEST game i've played in my entire life.The story is really touching, and the gameplay is simply AWESOME! The graphics are the best i've seen on the PS3.Well, for me, this is one of the best games ever made, and ,when you play it, it will be hard to stop.And even when you end it you will want MORE !
  32. May 10, 2016
    This is the most epic game i have played. I finish this game 22 times!!! Graphic and design is perfect. Best looks game in PS3. I love characters, Joel and Ellie and his relationships is most powerfull in video game. Writing and dialogue is perfect. I recomended this game movie fans The Road and I Am Legend.
  33. May 5, 2016
    One of the most emotionally grueling video games I've ever played. The Last of Us mixes excellent gameplay with rich storytelling and characters. The high stakes are actually felt here, and when certain characters are lost it is at times very sobering. A truly challenging game on various levels, but also incredibly rewarding. A haunting, addicting, and unforgettable experience.
  34. May 3, 2016
    Incrivel,Espetacular, uma obra arte insuperável, n tem o que dizer, este jogo marcará sua vida com certeza,ele é totalmente SENSACIONAL,n tem como n gostar do game.
    NOTA 10/10 Fantástico
  35. Apr 28, 2016
    This game was just total perfection. The story could have been a little longer but other then that a masterpiece one of the best video games ever made.
  36. Apr 22, 2016
    el juego es exelente en la historia pero comete el mismo error de until dawn, al concentrarse tanto en la historia se olvidan del gameplay haciendolo aburrido y un tanto repetitivo
  37. Apr 17, 2016
    I don't think I have ever played a game like this. Saying this game was great would be an understatement. The game has an amazing story and is also helped by its incredible gameplay and characters. You take the role of Joel in a post-apocalyptic world, your job is to take Ellie (who I believe is the character of this generation) to a rebel group "the Fireflies". During your journey youI don't think I have ever played a game like this. Saying this game was great would be an understatement. The game has an amazing story and is also helped by its incredible gameplay and characters. You take the role of Joel in a post-apocalyptic world, your job is to take Ellie (who I believe is the character of this generation) to a rebel group "the Fireflies". During your journey you will find characters that you can love and also hate. Not only Joel and Ellie's love grow, your love for these characters will also grow. If you can play one game in your life PLAY THIS!!! Expand
  38. Apr 15, 2016

+ All Characters are Well Written
    + Emotional and Sad at the Same Time
    + Joel and Ellie
  39. Apr 13, 2016
    One of my favorite games ever, probably the best PS3 exclusive. Great story, great characters, great voice actors, great cinematics (I don't care about graphics but they are outstanding), great score; it is a great experience for everyone interested in post apocalyptic themes. Sadly the human enemies are stupid because of the bad A.I., so the best encounters are with these "zombie typeOne of my favorite games ever, probably the best PS3 exclusive. Great story, great characters, great voice actors, great cinematics (I don't care about graphics but they are outstanding), great score; it is a great experience for everyone interested in post apocalyptic themes. Sadly the human enemies are stupid because of the bad A.I., so the best encounters are with these "zombie type infected people" (those are very tense and sometimes scary).

The online multiplayer is okay but The Last of Us is one of those modern video games that would be better without it. I love this game, I completed it 5 times in 10 months without getting bored, but it isn't perfect. You should have it if you have a PS3 or a PS4. I would give this game a 9,3 or a 9,5 but this reviews system prevents me.
  40. Apr 12, 2016
    juego entretenido, su trama es cautivadora y atrapante, visualmente va muy bien, no tiene jalones, los frames por segundo son estables, los personajes tiene características únicas y definidas.
  41. Apr 12, 2016
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. en mi top 3 de juegos favoritos de mi vida. una maravilla grafica y una historia espectacular que hasta lagrimas me arranco. compra obligada a todo el que tenga ps3 Expand
  42. Apr 12, 2016
    What to say.If u have played this game u dont need to play any other game.Same is the case with me,i dont play other games.I am just waiting for its sequel
  43. Apr 12, 2016
    Comencé a jugarlo sin ninguna espectativa, venía de los Uncharted y el Survival Horror no es lo mi, a la media hora estaba pegado a la pantalla y no podía para, la obra es intensa en el juego y en lo narrativo, para mi una obra imprescindible, uno de los mejores juegos a los que he jugado
  44. Apr 11, 2016
    O jogo incrível acredito que a partir de agora veremos mais jogos com a mesma alma de The Last of Us, não dei 10 porque os personagens secundários durante o jogo não alteram o comportamento dos inimigos.
  45. Apr 11, 2016
    For me,this is the best game of all time.The best story I've ever heard,really nice graphic,good actors,good sound and post-apocaliptic eviroment...
    the best game of all time.
  46. Apr 9, 2016
    The thing that makes TLOU so incredible is, yes, partly due to its graphics, game mechanics, and incredible AI, but primarily that the game didn't rely on big explosions, first person shooting, zombies, and mediocre gameplay, but instead heavily relied on the storytelling to carry the gameplay. And with an incredible story, you need good game mechanics, graphics, and incredible AI, or elseThe thing that makes TLOU so incredible is, yes, partly due to its graphics, game mechanics, and incredible AI, but primarily that the game didn't rely on big explosions, first person shooting, zombies, and mediocre gameplay, but instead heavily relied on the storytelling to carry the gameplay. And with an incredible story, you need good game mechanics, graphics, and incredible AI, or else everything will be unbalanced and would be uneven. I think that is the best thing that Naughty Dog has accomplished, plus some incredible voice acting from Troy Baker and Ashley Johnson. Expand
  47. Apr 5, 2016
    The Last of Us is a wonderful game by the excellent developer Naughty Dog, Along with it's excellent presentation and Wonderful design, The Last of Us brings a well-told story, with few new things things to offer.
    The Last of Us has gameplay that isn't incredibly unique, as it borrow from Naughty Dog's own Uncharted series and refines the aiming mechanics to better suit the slower pacing of the game. The Sections with Joel and Ellie, are reminiscent of Uncharted 2's "Mountaineering" and "Heart of Ice" chapters with Tibetan villager Tenzin, and truthfully, I never felt these mechanics were as effective at telling a story as they were in Uncharted 2, which is likely a result of their abundant use throughout the roughly 15 Hour campaign. Story wise The Last of Us is fairly basic. It tells a somewhat standard Zombie Apocalypse story with many twists and turns along the way. However this is greatly redeemed through excellent Motion Capture work, stellar voice acting, and small, simple conversations between Joel and Ellie that can be initiated by the player during gameplay, rather than a standard cutscene. The soundtrack is understated with prevalent use of stringed instruments, which effectively brings the mood to tense moments of the game, and has ties to Joel's past, which is a nice touch. Overall The Last of Us is not a perfect game, but it's a damn good attempt.
  48. Apr 2, 2016
    I had to admit this is the best game ever created.After playing this game i stopped playing other games.Now every time i try to play any other other game i feel that this particular game cannot be better than last of us.Must play for all.
  49. Apr 1, 2016
    The attention to detail and the care the actors took to portray the real grit of the game was astounding. This game is miles above its competition. It's one of the very few games that has earned its respect. Understandably the hype has caused some to hate on the game or has clouded their sense of fulfilment in the game (coming after the hype means that you're actively scanning for flawsThe attention to detail and the care the actors took to portray the real grit of the game was astounding. This game is miles above its competition. It's one of the very few games that has earned its respect. Understandably the hype has caused some to hate on the game or has clouded their sense of fulfilment in the game (coming after the hype means that you're actively scanning for flaws rather than enjoying the experience). This game does not need you to read this review, it is undeniably a masterpiece. The crafting together of complex subtleties in narrative alone would warrant it praise. Expand
  50. Mar 29, 2016
    The Last of Us is not only the definite title of its generation but it is also one of the greatest achievements of video game design and storytelling.
  51. Mar 17, 2016
    Another masterpiece from the celebrated developer! this game takes you on a journey of unbelievable emotions you feel you have to protect the girl and survive, engaging story and amazing gameplay.
  52. Mar 15, 2016
    The story and drama are clearly the big draw in this game. It undoubtedly accounts for the overwhelming majority of perfect and near perfect scores. I can understand scores being that high for this aspect of the game, but the problem with this is that it makes a mockery of any kind of integrity in rating the game when this is the basis for your overall score of the game as a whole. ThisThe story and drama are clearly the big draw in this game. It undoubtedly accounts for the overwhelming majority of perfect and near perfect scores. I can understand scores being that high for this aspect of the game, but the problem with this is that it makes a mockery of any kind of integrity in rating the game when this is the basis for your overall score of the game as a whole. This game is NOT perfect, and it is NOT near perfect. So why are the scores?

The actual game play and combat are ordinary at best. This is a significant part of the game, but apparently little or no deductions are made for this. The mediocre to average combat and game play means the game also has little to no replay value. I think most people would also agree that there are significant lulls in this game where things can get a little boring or tedious. Fortunately, the beginning and ending are great, and they are the two most important areas to get right if you are unable to maintain a high level throughout the whole game. So I guess a lot of people are willing to overlook some of the parts in between. Another lesser criticism would be that the game is a little too dreary even for a game with that type of subject matter. Level design is also far from perfect.

What happens when another game comes along and equals the drama and story of "The Last of Us", but also has great combat and game play? Does it get a score of 120 out of a hundred, or a 12 out of 10? It is a good game and deserves a good overall score, but a score in the mid to high eighties is a very good score and this game really should not be any higher than that. If you come to this game after seeing all of these extremely high scores and listening to all of the hype, you may be especially disappointed. My actual score would be an 8.5 but this system does not allow for that so I gave it an 8.
  53. Mar 12, 2016
    First off the games all about a story, the menu opens up and it starts with a fart in the wind .feathers blowing and and an unlocked window. From what I take from it the games got wierd angled storyline, its about Child exploitation subliminally or **** even if theres no sex. I don't want to be a 40 year old with a 14 year old girl. the game is.18 and.over you're not.even allowed to.playFirst off the games all about a story, the menu opens up and it starts with a fart in the wind .feathers blowing and and an unlocked window. From what I take from it the games got wierd angled storyline, its about Child exploitation subliminally or **** even if theres no sex. I don't want to be a 40 year old with a 14 year old girl. the game is.18 and.over you're not.even allowed to.play it if your her age group. the subliminal **** aside i.cant follow the storyline at all. even stoned. I sold thjs game and the only.people that wanted it looked like incestual fathers and sex offenders who want to.see w 14 year old. after all the remakes and deprived games.sony made.i dont get the story line or hype. the actual game.is.good its got.a bit of everything snd the controls are not clunky. it's still.missing.controls though like.typical japanese **** graphics.are.best I ever seen in real.time bht i skipped through them and what I amnleft with is a typical game on rails. the ai doesnt change the replay value is too see this chick. I had 14 yewr old girlfroend in 2013. it threw me off. Its one creepy relationship, this girl. is the emo cutter type or.street hooker and a fully grown man. such a wierd type.of setting for millions. this game overrated no one rrwlly wants to.see that. Expand
  54. Mar 4, 2016
    With over 160+ hours in this game I can truly say; I've never before nor since had an experience on par with The Last of Us. Simply a masterpiece. I won't go into detail on why you should play it, since I can see many others have already done that. I'm just here to reminisce, and share my experience with the game. One of few 10/10s for me.
  55. Feb 20, 2016
    Naughty Dog really did knock the ball out of the park with this game. The Last Of Us truly is one of the best games ever made. It features all of the key components you want in a video game which includes a breathtaking story which will play with your emotions, well structured gameplay that will make you come back for more, and a fairly balanced multiplayer. Also, the characters in theNaughty Dog really did knock the ball out of the park with this game. The Last Of Us truly is one of the best games ever made. It features all of the key components you want in a video game which includes a breathtaking story which will play with your emotions, well structured gameplay that will make you come back for more, and a fairly balanced multiplayer. Also, the characters in the story are some of the most unique and well written characters i have seen in a video game. The chemistry between Joel and Ellie is enough to keep you sucked into the story as we see how they started out with a feud towards each other concluding with Joel being a father figure to her. The Last Of Us is easily in my top 10 games of all time and i highly recommend it to anybody that owns a PS3 or PS4. Expand
  56. Feb 17, 2016
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Rarely will anything get a perfect score from me, but this game is a masterpiece. Naughty Dog has done it again. Naughty Dog has produced, unbelievably, a better game than the Uncharted series, and it's beautiful. Expand
  57. Feb 10, 2016
    The end of the campaign left me speechless. Never before has a game touched me at such an emotional level. Everything about this game was executed perfectly. From the graphics, to the controls, to the voice acting and more, this game was utterly perfect. If you are a PlayStation user and don't have this game.... What the **** are you doing? Go get it NOW!
  58. Feb 9, 2016
    THIS GAME IS AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!! IF YOU'RE THINKING ABOUT BUYING IT, JUST GOD DAMN BUY IT!!! YOU WONT REGRET IT! But seriously i friggen love this game, ive played it for 7 hours straight once lmao
  59. Jan 21, 2016
    The Last Of Us is a game about characters, and how they can move a story foward with perfect understanding and making this one of the, if not, the best storyline i' ve seen in a game, everything looks so real and ridiculously stunning, Naughty Dog is amazing at creating Action-Adventure games, and they are pretty amazing at creating perfect Drama Stories too. The Last Of Us has a perfectThe Last Of Us is a game about characters, and how they can move a story foward with perfect understanding and making this one of the, if not, the best storyline i' ve seen in a game, everything looks so real and ridiculously stunning, Naughty Dog is amazing at creating Action-Adventure games, and they are pretty amazing at creating perfect Drama Stories too. The Last Of Us has a perfect Original soundtrack, an art direction that is in it's very best literally just ART, and one of the most powerful storylines i' ve ever seen and played. This is the ultimate dissever of a 10/10. Expand
  60. Jan 18, 2016
    It's hard to find a game like The last of us. It's a wonderful narrative experience that can reach your deepest part.
    The core mechanics are well implemented and the overall quality of the game it's astonishing.
    It's a videogame masterpiece that come closer to define the videogame as the 8th art.
    There's nothing more to say, buy it.
  61. Jan 13, 2016
    Best game I ever played in my entire life...no kidding. Seriously, Naughty Dog it's a great game developer and we already knew that when Crash came out, and Jak and Dexter...and then Uncharted and all. The last of Us has a great Story, one of the best possible graphics on ps3, great cast and voice direction and...that's pretty much it: THE BEST GAME OF THE PS3 AND, FOR ME, ONE OF THE BESTBest game I ever played in my entire life...no kidding. Seriously, Naughty Dog it's a great game developer and we already knew that when Crash came out, and Jak and Dexter...and then Uncharted and all. The last of Us has a great Story, one of the best possible graphics on ps3, great cast and voice direction and...that's pretty much it: THE BEST GAME OF THE PS3 AND, FOR ME, ONE OF THE BEST GAMES IN THE UNIVERSE 10/10. Expand
  62. Jan 7, 2016
    The last masterpiece of generation , closed with a flourish a generation , whose game but suffers from many problems of originality in his characters, you have one of the best stories of all time , the bullets have a value well overdue , definitely one of the best games ever!
  63. Jan 7, 2016
    With TLOU we stand right before the best a survival experience can reach. Decision making, supplies search, kills are perfectly tweaked to render a life-or-death experience which is essential. Some AI minor troubles and a diffuse sense of prediction of what is going to happen gameplay-wise prevent this game to have a 10. The plot is magnificent, auto-conclusive and emotional, with twistsWith TLOU we stand right before the best a survival experience can reach. Decision making, supplies search, kills are perfectly tweaked to render a life-or-death experience which is essential. Some AI minor troubles and a diffuse sense of prediction of what is going to happen gameplay-wise prevent this game to have a 10. The plot is magnificent, auto-conclusive and emotional, with twists and turns that you'll remember. All in all, an experience to never forget. Expand
  64. Jan 4, 2016
    By far the best game I have ever played, the story, characters and game play are all amazing. 15 minutes into the game and im already in tears, truly a masterpiece. You have to play this game.
  65. Dec 27, 2015
    I played it over a year after the release, was afraid I would play another overrated modern game and I was happily surprised to find that I was wrong. The game as some defaults such as some annoying (but very rare) contacts with other characters when you crouch and try to pass some monsters and I found Ellie to be too vulgar, too often. But pretty much everything else is great. One of theI played it over a year after the release, was afraid I would play another overrated modern game and I was happily surprised to find that I was wrong. The game as some defaults such as some annoying (but very rare) contacts with other characters when you crouch and try to pass some monsters and I found Ellie to be too vulgar, too often. But pretty much everything else is great. One of the best looking if not the best looking game of this console generation, the way the story evolves is very well put, there is a real sensation of survival. The game encourages stealth without impeaching you to just be a brute at times. The environments are really good, vegetation growing all over the place in major cities. Expand
  66. Dec 23, 2015
    You don't need my review to know by now that this is the best PlayStation exclusive, hands down. The beginning of the game breaks your heart and draws you in and the bond Joel develops with Ellie makes the experience that much better. If you somehow have a ps3 or ps4 and haven't played it yet, do yourself a big favor and experience it firsthand
  67. Dec 7, 2015
    A masterpiece. L A S T O F U S
  68. Nov 24, 2015
    It's a pretty good game. Not a "Citizen Kane" moment by any means, but still worth playing. It's not the greatest game of the generation, it's not even the best exclusive on the PS3. It's mechanically alright with a compelling narrative that steals the spotlight from the gameplay.
  69. Nov 18, 2015
    This game is definetly one of a kind.

This game is definetly one of a kind.

Amazing story with characters that are more human than most people in this day and age. It's an insight on what the world could be like, very good game if you like Walking Dead or are a fan of Zombie films. This game actually provides a challenge, not the big guns, lots of ammo, shoot 'em ups that consoles are in abundance of of. This game actually makes you feel like you have accomplished something great. It received alot of hype and still does, if you haven't played this title, pick it up (at a great price) now!
  70. Nov 17, 2015
    The Last of Us is one of those games that breaks new ground in gaming, such as titles like The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, GTA IV, or even Naughty Dog’s own, Uncharted 2. I don’t like spending $60.00 on games in today’s sagging economy, but I feel like I got a steal with this one and that my friends is rare. It’s a good 15 hours in length and offers one of the most riveting storiesThe Last of Us is one of those games that breaks new ground in gaming, such as titles like The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, GTA IV, or even Naughty Dog’s own, Uncharted 2. I don’t like spending $60.00 on games in today’s sagging economy, but I feel like I got a steal with this one and that my friends is rare. It’s a good 15 hours in length and offers one of the most riveting stories in gaming. The emotional depth is staggering. The gameplay offers tons of fun. The visuals are breathtaking. The characters are interesting and relatable. The voice acting is fantastic. If you haven’t played this game then you must either be living under a rock or you simply read Gamespot’s review and no one else’s. The Last of Us is a groundbreaking, incredible and wildly ambitious game that rivals some of the greatest of all time. Expand
  71. Nov 12, 2015
    Best game of the century. The story was compelling and emotionally engaging. The gameplay is beautiful and the independence it provides puts it all together.
    BEST GAME EVER, THE PERFECT GAME
  72. Nov 2, 2015
    No wonder this game won so many awards and accolades!
    Outstanding graphics, engaging (and often chilling) gameplay and story, excellent immersive action.
    Didn't just play a game, I experience it.
  73. Oct 25, 2015
    The game is a masterpiece , albeit a rather short one (took me 15 hours to finish it on normal, 17 hours with Left Behind). It feels like they kinda got lazy with the storyline, they could have added a lot more to it. Must play if you have a PS3 (in fact it would be pretty reasonable to buy one just to play Last of us).
  74. Oct 25, 2015
    An amazing game with a great story and unforgettable characters that help invest you into the beautiful scenery and atmosphere of this world, that will keep you guessing and bringing you back to it long after the credits roll.
  75. Oct 14, 2015
    My biggest fear for this game is that people will think its just another zombie game (of which there are many). This game is incredible. Graphics are very good - probably the best on the old ps3. But its the story and the characters that really set this game apart. Best storyline I have ever played in a game.
  76. Oct 13, 2015
    Amazing, Perfect, Awesome, this game is this and more in every aspect Simply one of the greatest games ever.
  77. Oct 1, 2015
    Never play this game ever! Once you have played this game, you will expect more for any other game! Which makes me hard to find other great game. Undermining.
  78. Sep 18, 2015
    Is the gameplay perfect? No. Is the action polished? No. But this is the game that revived my interest in the PS and consoles in general. From replay-ability to script and cinematography, this game did what Square tried to do and utterly failed with the later FF's. It brought that initial Biohazard scare along with characters that you actually, truely rooted for. This is a gem folks.
  79. Sep 11, 2015
    THIS GAME IS A MASTERPIECE!!!!! The graphics are beautiful, the story will have its hooks into you at the very beginning, the controls and gameplay are very smooth, the animation is excellent, and the locations and sceneries are absolutely GORGEOUS. As you play you can see the relationship between Joel and Ellie begin to develop and you find yourself grown quite attached to theTHIS GAME IS A MASTERPIECE!!!!! The graphics are beautiful, the story will have its hooks into you at the very beginning, the controls and gameplay are very smooth, the animation is excellent, and the locations and sceneries are absolutely GORGEOUS. As you play you can see the relationship between Joel and Ellie begin to develop and you find yourself grown quite attached to the characters. The story is very unforgettable and has many tearjerking moments that pull at the right heartstrings, to be honest I cried a couple times. The cinematic trailers DO NOT deceive you if you haven't played his game the cinematic trailers are SHOCKINGLY very true to the actual gameplay. this game has a lot of many Easter eggs that are quite humorous when you stumble upon them. I found this game very good that I am completing this game on survivor+ mode which used to be there hardest difficulty before the update and now the hardest difficulty is grounded+. This game is AMAZING and worth every penny!!!! Expand
  80. Sep 4, 2015
    This is the first time I have ever played a game like this. It was the best game I have ever played in this genre.
    The story is very focused and well written, the main characters (Joel and Ellie) are amazing. The map is very good and the graphics are amazing.
    We are also talking about Naughty Dog (Which is the company that produced Uncharted which is also an amazing game series) so we could not expect less from a game produced by this company.
  81. Sep 2, 2015
    Now this is what i call a GAME! You people need to play this amazing and outstanding game. Story is always on the line, and gameplay is intense. What are you doing siting in your chair right now?? Go BUY THE GAME!
  82. Sep 2, 2015
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This game is a pure masterpiece. I bought a PS3 just because I wanted to play this, and I'm glad that I did. The story takes place in a post-apocalyptic USA, where a fungus has turned people into horrendous creatures called The Infected. You play as Joel, a bitter drug dealer. After saving the leader of the rebel group The Fireflies, Joel is forced to escort Ellie, a 14-year old teenager, to The Fireflies´s safe house. At first, Joel doesn't want to "babysit" Ellie, but soon they create a friendship. The road to the safe house is dangerous. Joel and Ellie will encounter bandits, police forces and of course, The Infected. There are four types of stages and infected:

Runners (the first stage) - Infected humans who is very fast.
    Stalkers (the second stage) - A creature with the speed of a runner and the deadliness of a Clicker.
    Clickers (the third stage) - A strong creature blinded by the fungus on its head, but hears sound really good and are extremely deadly. If you get caught by them, you die instantly.
    Bloaters (the fourth and final stage) - An extremely strong creature which can absorb damage very well. If you get caught by them, you die instantly.

This game is focused around stealth, so you can, for most of the time, kill your enemies silently by strangle them. The melee combat is very brutal. Joel will slam people against the wall, punch them in the stomach and face and stomp them. He can also throw bricks and glass bottles to stun his enemies. You can shoot your enemies, but I would recommend to do it in emergencies only. Ellie is one of the best AIs I've seen. She yells at Joel to look out when enemies gets nearby and she helps him in melee combat. The Last Of Us´s post-apocalyptic world is a joy too look at. Instead of the traditional wasteland, Naughty Dogs has made destroyed cities with trees growing out of it. I definitely recommend this game for all PS3/PS4 (TLOU remastered) owners.
  83. Aug 30, 2015
    The Last of Us
    Master Piece
    The Last of Us is an Action Adventure Survival Horror game that tells the story of Joel and Ellie. The United States has been reclaimed by Mother Nature and a fungus has taken over human brains. You spend the game getting over every obstacle the world throws at you. The World in the last of us is honestly the most well-crafted game world I’ve ever
    The Last of Us
    Master Piece
    You spend the game getting over every obstacle the world throws at you.
    The World in the last of us is honestly the most well-crafted game world I’ve ever experienced.
    So is the actual game play and the way you interact with the world.
    Really as a game in general, this is perfection, the new standard.
    The world crumbles and breaks around, there’s constant banter and communication between, Joel, ellie, and the other characters you meet along your journey.
    Every character and dialog is so perfectly written.
    They all have their own personality and flavor to them.
    The constant back and forth with conversation and interactions with the world really brings the game to life in a way I’ve never experienced before.
    It feels so refreshingly organic.
    I can’t imagine being okay with anything less in the future from AAA developers.
    The gameplay is fluent, fun, and addictive.
    Though the last of us does a pretty great job of hiding it, at its heart this is a survival horror game, so as you should expect, there are plenty of stressful situations you’ll find yourself in.
    Lucky for you, the crumbling world is at your disposal to ease your stress a bit.
    There’s Is a crafting system in the game, and I know the word crafting can be overwhelming to many, as it is for me, but the crafting is insanely simple, there are only about 5 or so ingredients scattered around for you to pick up to create health kits, bombs, and weapon mods, and all you have to do to craft is hold x.
    Also scattered around are gears you can use at a tool bench to increase the stats on the weapons you’ll gradually find throughout the game.
    But back to the actual execution.
    You can play the last of us in any way you see fit.
    You can stealth your way through slowly, using your enhanced listening skill to spot enemies locations, and slowly sneak up behind them to take them out, or you can run and gun your way through a section mowing everyone down.
    Stealth is always your better option if you aren’t completely sure of enemy locations, otherwise you can find yourself surrounded by the insanely smart AI.
    Unlike most games, ai doesn’t just stick to a path, if they hear something, they will actively pursue you, if you get in a gun fight, they will try to flank and confuse you to try and get behind you and take you out.
    Luckily for you, you have a beast of a sidekick and ellie to help you out of some pretty close calls.
    Thankfully, encounters with enemies is not constant, you frequently get some much needed downtime to scavenge and let your heart settle back into your chest.
    So while the stress is definitely here in the last of us, it is in short bursts to prevent the game from feeling like a chore or a grind.
    The last of us will really take you everywhere.
    Through buildings, through water, the forest, museums, there’s a great adventure and a beautiful world waiting for you to get lost in and conquer.

After you are done with the games story, you can restart on a new game + or play it’s online multiplayer where you’re pinned up against hunters or fire flies to either interrogate the opposite team to find their lock box or eliminate the other team completely to win the game
    all 3 modes are equally addictive and work the same as single player
    you start out with your customizable perk load out and you scavenge supplies if you choose to do so to further equip your character
    While I personally thought the story in the last of us got weaker and weaker as the game went on, I still can’t deny the fact that the last of us is gameplay and game design perfection from beginning all the way til the end.
    It doesn’t let up, it doesn’t get lazy.
    I’m not a fan of survival horror games, but the last of us has just become my exception.

Survival Horror/ Action Adventure:

Overall:
  84. Aug 18, 2015
    Simply one of the best games ever made. Clever, intriguing, exiting and touching, with a perfect mix of action, puzzles and cut scenes. Not having played this game is like not having seen the Godfather. Can't wait for the sequel.
  85. Aug 17, 2015
    This is a game worth purchasing an entire system for. I've always been a "not art" guy re: "Are videogames art?" This experience alone changed my mind completely. The Last of Us is art. You're playing **** art. Any of us could go into detail, but you need to go through this yourself and find out.
  86. Aug 11, 2015
    One the best games ever created.From the heart breaking storyline to the amazing engaging characters to the bleak heartless world the game is set in, this game is an absolute masterpiece. Well done naughty dog.
  87. Aug 4, 2015
    One of the best games of the world. Story, Gameplay is perfect. Everybody will love to play this game. For PS3 the grafics are awesome!
    Looking forward to see more games like this. I hoope thay will create a last of us 2, this will be asewome!
  88. Aug 3, 2015
    This game gonna give you a cry challenge (tries not to cry), this game gonna make you feel so different (still tries), This game maybe the best game on earth (still tries but some tears comes), why this game has to end God why did you do this to us ! (lies down and cries a lot).
  89. Aug 3, 2015
    The Last of Us is an interactive cinematic experience that incorporates the excitement of 28 Days Later with the gameplay of Metal Gear Solid. The characters are believable and wonderfully voice acted. The controls are innovative. The plot is logical and thrilling. The graphics are are near-realistic. It is a wonderful game that should used as a benchmark for developers that want toThe Last of Us is an interactive cinematic experience that incorporates the excitement of 28 Days Later with the gameplay of Metal Gear Solid. The characters are believable and wonderfully voice acted. The controls are innovative. The plot is logical and thrilling. The graphics are are near-realistic. It is a wonderful game that should used as a benchmark for developers that want to develop single player campaigns

There are only a few problems with the game, but are forgivable. The primary offense is the cooperative AI can sometimes get in the way, and do not attract normal enemies. The friendly AI appear to be attacked only by scripted enemies. There also are occasional graphical errors and enemy line of sight inconsistencies.

This is one of the best games of all time and I highly recommend it.
  90. Aug 1, 2015
    Wow... this game will leave gamers speechless as well as wanting a sequel.. Quickly! The Last of Us may have the most engaging storyline of any recent games or for that matter any games of all time, because it drags you in and makes you feel like your on the journey along with Joel and Ellie. It makes you filled with emotions, when they have certain emotions and certain parts of the game.Wow... this game will leave gamers speechless as well as wanting a sequel.. Quickly! The Last of Us may have the most engaging storyline of any recent games or for that matter any games of all time, because it drags you in and makes you feel like your on the journey along with Joel and Ellie. It makes you filled with emotions, when they have certain emotions and certain parts of the game. Not only is the story epic and beautifully written, but the controls are fluid and the combat is well polished to make this game feel like a true survival horror game. The graphics are stellar, and the sound is top notch as you continue to venture into this deep game and experience bit by bit. Every location in this game is distinct and well designed and each location challenges you into changing your play style. You can be stealthy or you can run and gun, but in the end this game is well polished in every aspect and that is why this may very well be the best PlayStation exclusive.. heck possibly the best PS3 game of all time! Pick this game up if y ou truly are a gamer... cause if you don't you're really missing out on one of the best games ever made! Expand
  91. Jul 30, 2015
    First game in the history of games where you're not tempted to skip the dialogue ever. My whole house gathered around to watch me play this because it is literally as good as a movie. The dialogue is believable, the story riveting, and the visuals and facial animations best in class. The gameplay is also fantastic. You can tackle enemies in many different ways; you can charge in with aFirst game in the history of games where you're not tempted to skip the dialogue ever. My whole house gathered around to watch me play this because it is literally as good as a movie. The dialogue is believable, the story riveting, and the visuals and facial animations best in class. The gameplay is also fantastic. You can tackle enemies in many different ways; you can charge in with a flamethrower (awesome) or carefully plan and stealthfully take out enemies one by one from the shadows (awesomer). This game redefines games and sets a new bar when it comes to storytelling in this medium. Expand
  92. Jul 26, 2015
    sta shier--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  93. Jul 9, 2015
    The best gaming can currently offer, and it will the best for many games to come. It has set a new standard as far as story telling goes, and as you play it you develop a real sense of emotion and attachment towards the characters in the game. There's zero throwaway characters and zero dull moments in the story. As far as the gameplay goes it's a perfect survival game, you can decideThe best gaming can currently offer, and it will the best for many games to come. It has set a new standard as far as story telling goes, and as you play it you develop a real sense of emotion and attachment towards the characters in the game. There's zero throwaway characters and zero dull moments in the story. As far as the gameplay goes it's a perfect survival game, you can decide whether you'll go in gun blazing, or of course the safer and more popular choice, be stealthy. Take down your targets slowly and manage to progress to the next stage. Combat in this game is absolutely incredible, and in my opinion is one of the absolutely BEST combat in recent video games. Every time you throw a punch you feel it go through your body with the amazing sound effects. Enemies will pull you off tables, you'll be dodging and weaving as you slam them in the wall, or throw them on the ground and stomp them, all without the use of the much hated QTE. I mentioned amazing sound effects and they really bring this game on another level. The clickers sound incredible, making you shudder every time you hear them, punches really sound like punches and guns are also done perfectly. Besides combat there's also crafting, which you will find extremely useful, crafting nail bombs, smoke bombs, molotovs, health kits and upgrading your weapon with the items you find scattered on the ground. You can either go a linear path or lock pick hidden areas, and be able to overpower your enemies that way. As you get forward in the story the game gives you a sense of progression with new guns you'll get, and also allows you to play as Ellie at a few points, which is absolutely amazing, as you figure out that's she's not just a damsel in distress but rather a strong girl who fights for herself and for anyone near to her hearth (in this case you.), and you develop an even bigger sense of attachment to her. As for Joel the opening sequence is enough for you to understand what he went through at the start of the apocalypse, and why he is who he is in the story. There's zero gaps in the story, as even the reason why people got infected is explained through a fungus that grows in insects in real life. No matter how hard I looked, I simply couldn't find a thing wrong with this game. The only thing that gets close to being bad is the ladders, but since they add a great sense of gameplay and progression i surely can't take away a point for that, so this game is a 10/10. It's perfect. Expand
  94. Jul 4, 2015
    Naughty Dog did it again. They created an amazing game with amazing, story, characters, setting and gameplay. No bad words for this game and I played through numerous times. The story is probably the best in any video game I've ever played. So thrilling!

10/10 no question. You can always trust on Naughty Dog to make quality games! (I played this when it came out, I'm just now writing

10/10 no question. You can always trust on Naughty Dog to make quality games!

(I played this when it came out, I'm just now writing the review)
  95. Jun 30, 2015
    To all the people that claim "The Last Of Us" is not at all worth the time to play or that it didn't "live up to the hype", take a breather. You clearly went into playing this game with the wrong mindset. You played the game for the sake of playing it, i.e. to finish it and put it on your shelf filed under "Games I Played For The Sake Of Playing". That was a mistake.

To those that went

To those that went through the game and enjoyed it and rated the game so highly did so purely because they didn't race through the game. We took the time to indulge in the developer's penchant for creating a story not only worth telling, but for the player to experience. A world worth taking your time in. Characters worth listening to. If you played this game only to finish it and to not bother with again because you felt compelled to see what the hype was all about, then you could very well knock a few points off the score and berate the game's flaws (yes, I love the game but even I know the flaws are woefully apparent). But play through, I mean - experience - it again and you'll see this is a game far beyond a cover shooter or stealth game or a game reliant on choice. Having said that, the gamers that have compared this game to Telltale's masterpiece "The Walking Dead" shouldn't be so hasty. That is the most inaccurate comparison. The two games differ not only in tone, but characters, too. As well as narrative and setting. And comparing the Infected to Zombies? Please. Check the facts beforehand.

To say "The Last Of Us" transcends its medium is a bit of a push. But this is a great game. From the shocking intro (whine all you want about the pace, the game was designed that way) to the climactic ending and all that happens in-between is a testament to when developers care about a game, great results can be achieved.

This is Naughty Dog's finest game yet.
  96. Jun 25, 2015
    There is no doubt this is a good game. The graphics are good, the engine is solid and the story is interesting. The gameplay is tense and fun, reminiscent of Gears or any other well executed cover based shooter. It ticks every box. However, don't expect the rush of 'feelings' so many reviewers purport to having. The story is above par, but did I get any feels? Nope. I believe the hype thisThere is no doubt this is a good game. The graphics are good, the engine is solid and the story is interesting. The gameplay is tense and fun, reminiscent of Gears or any other well executed cover based shooter. It ticks every box. However, don't expect the rush of 'feelings' so many reviewers purport to having. The story is above par, but did I get any feels? Nope. I believe the hype this gets is due to an 'emperor's new clothes' scenario.

Definitely worth playing, just don't expect the all conquering, epitome of greatness it's made out to be.
  97. Jun 12, 2015
    Honestly I love this game on a scale of 1 to 10 I give it a.... 10! I think this this game had an amazing story this game is not like other games I have ever played. I especially love the ending it was a great ending !!!! I think this is one of the greatest games I have ever played! If your looking to buy it, please do you won't regret it!!!!!!!
  98. Jun 10, 2015
    Immersion is a great way to describe this game. The story is superb and voice acting is very well done were you actually care about the characters. Plus there's zombies. The game really has the post apocalyptic feel to with the way you have to scrounge for supplies and your given so few supplies that it's really about getting through parts with the few supplies you have and making themImmersion is a great way to describe this game. The story is superb and voice acting is very well done were you actually care about the characters. Plus there's zombies. The game really has the post apocalyptic feel to with the way you have to scrounge for supplies and your given so few supplies that it's really about getting through parts with the few supplies you have and making them count. It has gotten great reviews and for good reason. Sony made a great game for the PS3 especially with the PS4 that arrived a few weeks after they managed to make a game that will make players keep playing their PS3s instead. Expand
  99. Jun 3, 2015
    A dark but beautiful world, The Last of Us delivers in a way few games can. In this review I'll be giving my opinions and ratings on the following: Gameplay, Story, Sound, Graphics, and Last Impressions. This will be summed up into a final score.

Gameplay: 10/10 - You play most of the game as Joel, an aged man more than capable of holding his own in the many life threatening scenarios

Gameplay: 10/10
    - You play most of the game as Joel, an aged man more than capable of holding his own in the many life threatening scenarios he finds himself in. The combat is violent, brutal, and heavy hitting. Fist to fist looks and plays excellent, with a weight to every punch. Tactics must be changed depending on if you're dealing with human enemies, or the infected. Stealth mechanics are very well done, and in many cases it's entirely up to you whether you fight or sneak your way through a group of enemies. There is a large amount of crafting possibilities and upgradable weapons that can be made with salvage found throughout the world.

Story: 10/10
    - This game tells a wonderful story. You really feel like you're watching an excellent movie throughout the entirety of this 15+ hour tale. The game does an excellent job of making you care about the characters you meet. The story gets more intense as you go, and finishes on a high note, with a thrilling end.

Sound: 10/10
    - Some of the best voice acting I've ever heard in a video game is done by this cast of characters. They tell a story and in the tone of their voice, you really can feel their pain. The game features and excellent and memorable soundtrack.

Graphics: 10/10
    - TLOU is a beautiful game. The world looks stunning and the game runs at a hiccup free 30fps on PS3 (60fps on PS4). Characters look real, and show expression depending on their moods or if they're in danger... or pain. Infected look terrible, in a wonderful way. The game features a wonderful mix of dark, horrifying areas and beautiful, uplifting areas.

Last Impressions:
    - If you've taken the time to read this review, you can most likely already tell that I think very highly of this game. The Last of Us is one of the best games I've ever played and tells what I think is one of the best stories ever told in a video game. Combined with excellent and exciting gameplay. The Last of Us is a must play for any PS owners and in my opinion, is one of the best games of all time.

Final Score: 10/10
  100. Jun 2, 2015
    I usually never give 10/10 to games but this is one of the best games I have played it is never boring but it also keeps up with the storyline and keeps going the acoustic guitar in the background is so absolutely beautiful and the voice acting is 10/10 like it sounds like you are really there in the action..... I recommend you buy this game even if you don't have next gen console it stillI usually never give 10/10 to games but this is one of the best games I have played it is never boring but it also keeps up with the storyline and keeps going the acoustic guitar in the background is so absolutely beautiful and the voice acting is 10/10 like it sounds like you are really there in the action..... I recommend you buy this game even if you don't have next gen console it still looks very polished and clean.... Expand
  101. Nov 5, 2013
    This review contains spoilers. O jogo perfeito, lindo em gráficos, a história te cativa desde o inicio,e os personagens sao marcantes, principalmente Ellie, talvez o único defeito seja a AI do jogo e outras texturas mal feitas que passam despercebidas, mas nada que tire o brilho do jogo. Collapse

1. Sep 16, 2013
  2. Sep 10, 2013
  3. Official PlayStation Magazine Benelux
    Sep 4, 2013
    Despite the breakneck pace of the prologue, it takes quite a while for The Last of Us to pick up some speed again. However, once the cold harsh winter arrives, the action (and story) ramps up. So much so, it puts most Hollywood productions to shame. [July 2013, p.76]