• Publisher: SCEA
  • Release Date: Jun 14, 2013
9.2

1. Jul 19, 2013
    Pros:
    - Best game i ever played
    - Best story of all time
    - Cinematic action intense gameplay
    - Masterpiece
    - This is the only game beside (Final Fantasy Crisis Core) made me cry :(
    - Just buy it!

Cons:
    - Some AI issues but managable
  2. Jul 23, 2013
    Well, while it may not be lengthy enough for some of us naughty dog fans, and may have some little niggling bugs here and there, this is a fine piece this. This wonderful, scary, empowering, and generally diamond in the polished diamond stage game. Thank God we are not existing in a time where publishers are afraid to create games that are different enough in their execution, while beingWell, while it may not be lengthy enough for some of us naughty dog fans, and may have some little niggling bugs here and there, this is a fine piece this. This wonderful, scary, empowering, and generally diamond in the polished diamond stage game. Thank God we are not existing in a time where publishers are afraid to create games that are different enough in their execution, while being similar enough to others to not totally drown and falter. Thank Christ we have SONY with giant gold plated platinum balls, creating real games in many different and interesting genres, instead of dude first person bro-fests. As you can see, I am very happy about this game. The best thing about the last of us is the fact that it is REAL-ISH, the deaths are god awful to experience. I had to shut the box off once because I saw death sequences too many times, and I was sickened. The art and design of the levels is top notch, while not over the top. Gun play is enjoyable. Play it! Expand
  3. Jul 26, 2013
    Let me begin by saying that this game deserves all the praise it has gotten. From the opening scene to the final credits, I was enthralled. The sheer emotional experience that The Last of Us achieves is unheard of, for me anyway, in the gaming industry. I have never cried during a movie, book or game, but I did during this game. The story is amazing, because every single character has aLet me begin by saying that this game deserves all the praise it has gotten. From the opening scene to the final credits, I was enthralled. The sheer emotional experience that The Last of Us achieves is unheard of, for me anyway, in the gaming industry. I have never cried during a movie, book or game, but I did during this game. The story is amazing, because every single character has a depth, a realism, to them, and I couldn't help but connect with. Not only did this game make me connect to the main characters, but it also resonated with the people that I fought. I remember, during the first fight against other people, I was sneaking around cover, and overheard a conversation that the enemy AI's were having. One of them was telling the other one about his little cousin that ran off to join the fireflies (a group searching for a cure), and ended by saying that he hoped that his cousin was OK, and that he would see him again. I had to go into that room and smash that man's head into a table, so I guess he will never see his cousin again. The game puts a weight on death that makes you feel remorse for a guy that was on screen for three minutes. The Last of Us has an amazing story, that is augmented by its extremely impressive graphics. Everything moves realistically, and looks amazing while it is. The environment is beautiful, and because of the bleak outlook, brings to mind a sadness for the destruction that brought humanity so low. Although the AI was a bit wonky in some sections, it does not detract from the game, and is not noticeable in the majority of combat. The combat is brutal, as anyone will say, and gives greatness to the multiplier. The tactical matches give as much tension as the main story does. Overall, The Last of Us is an experience, one that cannot be passed up. I would suggest this game to anyone and everyone. The story is impeccable, it's the best movie I've ever played. Do not miss this game. If you own a ps3, get this game; you will not be sorry. Expand
  4. Jul 26, 2013
    As I played through the first hour or so, with 'best game of the generation' reviews fresh in my head, I couldnt help but think it couldnt possibly live up to the hype. It was a great game, sure, with a great story, but perfect? I wasnt so sure. But as i continued to immerse myself in the story, I knew I was playing something special. The story, is in fact, one of the best, if not the bestAs I played through the first hour or so, with 'best game of the generation' reviews fresh in my head, I couldnt help but think it couldnt possibly live up to the hype. It was a great game, sure, with a great story, but perfect? I wasnt so sure. But as i continued to immerse myself in the story, I knew I was playing something special. The story, is in fact, one of the best, if not the best story I have experienced in a video game. Visually, the game paints an absolutely stunning portrait of your surroundings.. beautiful, or haunting.. abandoned subway station, or serene forests, the visuals are unforgettable. The great thing about The Last of Us, is the gameplay keeps up step for step with everything else. It's Uncharted taken to another level.
    I had fun playing situations over and over, trying to figure out how to succeed. The game is brutally unforgiving, every single round of ammo is worth twice its weight in gold, which is how it should be given the setting. You will find yourself scouring every corner of the environment, trying to find an extra couple rounds, or a few scraps of materials to help construct a health kit or shiv.
    But it will always come back to the story.. the characters.. the incredible world that Naughty Dog created. Do NOT miss this game. As the final credits are rolling, you will sit there like the rest of us, thinking of how special what you just experienced really was.
  5. Jul 27, 2013
    One of the best games ever created.Missing this game would be the biggest mistake a gamer can make. If you don't have a PS3, go and buy it right now just for The Last of Us.
  6. Jul 28, 2013
    I want to thank Naughty Dog for this excellent videogame. I really enjoyed it. Very interesting gameplay. I like that there is no enough ammo all the time and you should survive somehow. I can't wait for "The Last of Us 2".
  7. Jul 28, 2013
    The Last of Us for PlayStation 3 is one of the defining video games of this generation, Naughty Dog once again shows that they are not only one of the best developers in the industry, but they also show with The Last of Us that they are some of the best storytellers period.

The story is a dark, gritty and brutal journey of survival with the main characters Joel and Ellie, I'm not going to spoil anything about the game but rest assured this is a great story with some fantastic characters.

The gameplay is a stealth/action survival game with horror elements, with both infected and human enemies that have very smart A.I. and are a challenge to fight, especially on higher difficulties. I think the "Clicker" Infected enemy is one of the best enemies in a video game, The sound they make can create a very tense atmosphere in the gameplay, the human enemies are just as fun to fight as they are very intelligent in how they try to take you out and how they try to find you when you are hidden.

Just keep in mind that the game is very dark, very brutal and violent, If you do not like these type of things then you may want to consider whether the game will be your kind of experience.

Overall The Last of Us is a fantastic experience that should not be missed, If you have a PS3 then you should most definitely pick this game up immediately, If you don't have a PS3 then this game is the definition of a system seller.
  8. Jul 28, 2013
    I'd like to start by saying that this is a phenomenal game and is very deserving of a 9/10 at least, if not 10/10. I'm definitely not exaggerating when I say that this is one of the best games I've ever played.

This is one of the only games that I've seen that can evoke emotions through it's masterful use of dialogue and storytelling. Naughty Dog definitely took a risk with such an emotional introduction and it paid off. This game had me hooked from the beginning. The narrative takes a cliche idea and gives it a refreshing twist. The voice acting is some of the best I've seen in a game thus far, only being slightly beat out by Mass Effect 3. The characters are dynamic and clearly develop as the story progresses. The combat system is very fluid and easy to use for first time players of 3rd person shooters. The enemies are intelligent and actually do use tactics to try to make your life as hard as possible; a pleasant change from the common enemies in most shooters. The landscapes are beautiful and very detailed. Each location is set apart from the others with its own individual weather patterns and foliage, making it difficult to become bored with exploring each setting.

The crafting/upgrade system could be a bit more complex since scavenging for supplies is such a large part of the game. The friendly AI is somewhat dodgy in that they are apparently not ever seen or heard by enemies when in stealth mode. This could be helpful in that it could cause much frustration if they were seen. I have not experienced any bugs that you may read about in other reviews. The ending left me somewhat unsatisfied, but rumors that it may become a series quickly relieved me.

I'm usually not a fan of super hyped games, but I'm glad people talked me into getting this game. I would highly recommend buying this game if you have a PS3. If not, I would urge you to get a PS3 for the sole purpose of playing this game. It is definitely one of the best games of the year thus far and quite possibly one of the best of my generation.
  9. Aug 1, 2013
    The Last of Us is easily the best game of this gaming generation. I do not say this statement lightly. I truly and sincerely believe that this game has set the standard for video games. Naughty Dog has once again created a masterpiece and have proven, once again, they know how to make games. The gripping story, amazing graphics, the characters, the dialogue, and the overall immersiveThe Last of Us is easily the best game of this gaming generation. I do not say this statement lightly. I truly and sincerely believe that this game has set the standard for video games. Naughty Dog has once again created a masterpiece and have proven, once again, they know how to make games. The gripping story, amazing graphics, the characters, the dialogue, and the overall immersive experience create a memorable experience. The best game I have played in a long time. You will love this game to death. It is as close to perfect as possible. Expand
  10. Aug 1, 2013
    I should start off by saying that this game is a stunning experience, and that Naughty Dog has yet again proven that they are one of the best Developers in the industry. The story is phenomenal, gripping and a joy to play through. The gameplay/combat is also quite fun, and fits good into both single-player and multiplayer. All though i must say that the multiplayer in this game is underI should start off by saying that this game is a stunning experience, and that Naughty Dog has yet again proven that they are one of the best Developers in the industry. The story is phenomenal, gripping and a joy to play through. The gameplay/combat is also quite fun, and fits good into both single-player and multiplayer. All though i must say that the multiplayer in this game is under developed, they could of done so much more with it and made it even better. But, that's not to say the multiplayer is bad, the multiplayer is fun, unique and gives the player more replay-ability. The game does have technical difficulties like all games, but none to the extent where it ruins the experience, so there is no need to worry about that. If you own a PS3, go and get this game as soon as you can. It is a must own. Expand
  11. Aug 2, 2013
    I knew this game was going to be special and was really excited for it, When I first saw a gameplay video of it and saw that IGN gave it a 10/10 I was thinking it can't be a perfect score, maybe close but not perfect. After playing it a few weeks after release, I now see why it was given so many perfect scores. I would personally rate it an 11/10 if I could.The Last of us is aI knew this game was going to be special and was really excited for it, When I first saw a gameplay video of it and saw that IGN gave it a 10/10 I was thinking it can't be a perfect score, maybe close but not perfect. After playing it a few weeks after release, I now see why it was given so many perfect scores. I would personally rate it an 11/10 if I could.The Last of us is a masterpiece.It us does everything right, It's the first game I've played in my entire life where I can actually say that a game made me cry. This game just provokes your emotions and is hands down my Game of the year, probably my game of the generation. It has really set the bar for storytelling and future games and has possibly given us a sneak peak of future PS4 games. Bottomline, The Last of us isn't a game, it's an experience that everyone should see. It's crazy knowing that the last of us's story is just as complex as say a movie. Expand
  12. Aug 2, 2013
    Last of us should be considerd as art like metro last light .Excelent story not unique zombie game when you are full of ammo and shoot them in heads this disese realy excists but on insects so that mean it is not stupid zombie story .graphics and caracter animations best very realistic game It has some sad moments but only thing i dont like that the game is linear so when you completeLast of us should be considerd as art like metro last light .Excelent story not unique zombie game when you are full of ammo and shoot them in heads this disese realy excists but on insects so that mean it is not stupid zombie story .graphics and caracter animations best very realistic game It has some sad moments but only thing i dont like that the game is linear so when you complete it you dont have reason to get back and play it again.to bad it is only on ps3 Expand
  13. Aug 3, 2013
    I finished playing this game yesterday and I can't stop thinking about how amazing it was playing through the story. First of all the story is brilliant, thrilling, exciting and even at times funny. The mechanics are extremely clever and makes the whole game-play much more realistic than what many people might be used to. Being depended on creating and upgrading different weapons byI finished playing this game yesterday and I can't stop thinking about how amazing it was playing through the story. First of all the story is brilliant, thrilling, exciting and even at times funny. The mechanics are extremely clever and makes the whole game-play much more realistic than what many people might be used to. Being depended on creating and upgrading different weapons by finding different tools and not to mention the interactions of the other characters makes it a overall a realistic gaming experience. The characters are genuine and likable especially Ellie and Joel -which makes you hope the adventure between them never stops. The art design and the graphics really do make a rare realistic environment of what would happen to cities if the systems went down, by showing the true beauty of nature. It's a clever contrast between all of the horrifying stuff you go through and becomes a sort of reminder of what's good and "human". The soundtracks are flawless. I remember entering the ending credits without even noticing the credits because of the amazing soundtracks that just bombed me with nostalgia from the wonderful journey I just finished. The online multiplayer experience is quite unique but extremely risky that takes time to get used to. Still The Last of Us is truly amazing and it might not only be the best game of the year, but also one of the best games ever created. What are you waiting for? Go buy it now! Expand
  14. Aug 3, 2013
    Probably the best game I've ever played and arguably everything about this game shines. Naughty Dog have done it again. The Last Of Us has outstanding graphics, good gameplay, sound, and perfect voice acting. The whole game was like playing and watching a movie and I've really never heard better voice acting in a game before. You care so much about Ellie and Joel and there is muchProbably the best game I've ever played and arguably everything about this game shines. Naughty Dog have done it again. The Last Of Us has outstanding graphics, good gameplay, sound, and perfect voice acting. The whole game was like playing and watching a movie and I've really never heard better voice acting in a game before. You care so much about Ellie and Joel and there is much character development throughout the game. Supporting characters are very memorable too.
    The graphics and environments are also drop-dead gorgeous, and more than once I had to stop and gaze at the view at the stunning scenery in many of the levels.
    Gameplay-wise it's good and there are many ways to take out enemies, be it all-guns blazing or stealthily, depending on your available resources. A very minor niggle is that sometimes the AI of your companions can be imperfect: they're not really noticed by enemies for example but that doesn't falter from the combat. Speaking of which both the shooting mechanics and physical attacks are simple and very satisfying, and being able to upgrade weapons, collect items, and improve skills is a nice touch.
    Overall, another glorious game from Naughty Dog that will be remembered for years to come. A clear contender for GOTY.
  15. Aug 3, 2013
    This game is a big step on gaming in terms of how you can transmit a very good story and feel without abusing cutscenes. As a gamer who is not a big fan of horror games this one truly impressed me for the fact that it is a horror game without jump scares. This is one of the only games which have really put a big emphasis on how gun fights really are and that we don't have unlimited ammoThis game is a big step on gaming in terms of how you can transmit a very good story and feel without abusing cutscenes. As a gamer who is not a big fan of horror games this one truly impressed me for the fact that it is a horror game without jump scares. This is one of the only games which have really put a big emphasis on how gun fights really are and that we don't have unlimited ammo and that bullets indeed mean something and that is a incredible feat. Just a well rounded game that is tons of fun. Expand
  16. Aug 3, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. After seeing some incredible scores here on metacritic, I decided to remove the dust from my PS3, which I haven't used for about 1.5 years and give this game a try. And what can I say... best decision I made in a while. :-)

[WARNING: Spoilers ahead!^^] I'm quite happy that I didn't watch any trailers/videos/screenshot before and also completely ignored the box dvd cover, because it led me (thinking I would go along with Joel and Sarah since this game was obviously about a man and a girl trying to survive in a post-zombie-apocalypse-scenario, as far as I could tell^^) to a complete state of shock, when Sarah died right at the beginning of the game.

While recovering from this shock, the evolving story & brilliant cutscenes pulled me right into that game more than I could ever have imagined. Even though some parts (gameplay, graphics, etc.) reminded me on other games and movies (I am Legend, The Walking Dead, Uncharted,...), The Last of Us was/is a really unique masterpiece, which made me absolutely feel with the characters and kept me thrilled for almost 24 hour straight. I've been almost as busy with hoping/thinking/fearing about things that possibly might happen to one of the characters, as with actually "playing" the game to progress in the story.

And even though it's been two days already since I finished the game, I just can not let go... I'm still thinking about the ending, the whole story, the characters... and it's really absurd: Fot the whole game I thought that Ellie and Joel would both die in the end... or at least one of them... but although they survived, I'm not really happy. Sony somehow managed to make me love them and I want to see more from Joel & Ellie and their future story. So I REALLY hope, there will be (a) sequel(s) or at least some DLCs that will make this possible.
  17. Aug 3, 2013
    This by far the best looking game and the best game i have ever seen and played my god i love it I love it so so much. This game is 10/10 all across love you play station and love you naughty dog
  18. Aug 4, 2013
    Let me start off by saying; this was not a 10/10 experience for me, hence the rating. I played through this on hard difficulty. Combat is a fairly large part of the game, and I couldn't enjoy it. It might be that I am not used to aiming with a stick. But its not just the gunplay I have problems with. The AI; your companions ofttimes runs into enemies, however, as long as you are inLet me start off by saying; this was not a 10/10 experience for me, hence the rating. I played through this on hard difficulty. Combat is a fairly large part of the game, and I couldn't enjoy it. It might be that I am not used to aiming with a stick. But its not just the gunplay I have problems with. The AI; your companions ofttimes runs into enemies, however, as long as you are in stealth, they are invisible to the enemy AI. The infected (even the ones that scream constantly) will hear you unless you sneak extremely slowly, humans don't hear your steps at all as long as you are crouched. Humans in cover knows you are aiming at them and will not uncover unless you look away. Even if you slay people (with endless ammo?) there are small chances of them dropping ANYTHING. There are too much to mention, and all these things makes many encounters annoying. But don't get me wrong, encounters can still be very enjoyable. If you manage to sneak past several guys unnoticed, or "make every bullet count."

The moments between the encounters is when this game really shines. It is incredibly well made; the world and environments are really detailed. This makes exploring a joy. The relationship between the main characters is not something you usually get served in a game. It's brilliant, and it the main reason this game is epic. Pay good attention to the story and it will reward you with some philosophical questions, worthy of your thoughts. But, it's brutal and unpredictable. I think some people might not like this. Don't expect a Hollywood flick with glitter and happy endings... Great atmosphere. Great animations. Great graphics. I've run out of things to say.
  19. Aug 5, 2013
    If i could give more than 10, i would without hesitation. This game is phenomenal. The voice acting.. the story.. the game play. All perfect. I bought a PS3 despite having an Xbox and PC to play this and it was a great decision, this is what all games should aspire to be. You must play this game, at any cost.
  20. Aug 6, 2013
    One of the best games I've ever played by far. The story keeps you sucked in, the game mechanics are good (better than "Uncharted" series), and the subtle music is just enough. I really enjoyed it.
  21. Aug 6, 2013
    With its widespread perfection across gameplay mechanics, voice acting, and storytelling, Last of Us leaves its players in awe, contemplation, and satisfaction.
  22. Aug 7, 2013
    I would have to say this is the most fantastic game I have ever played. Great graphics and the whole game feels real. Love the characters. I had split emotions throughout the game like my wanting to strangle some of the people, being terrified of those damn clickers, and where I cried several times. Overall a game that I am glad I spent my time on and will play once again soon.
  23. Aug 8, 2013
    I think of The Last of Us and I think of perfection. I think of a game that is just brilliant and will be looked upon by the future generations to come. The story is brilliant. The gameplay is fun, smooth, and fluid. The graphics are gorgeous. The sound is superb. As for the gameā€¦it truly is a masterpiece.

FULL REVIEW AT: http://hapticzone.wordpress.com/
  24. Aug 10, 2013
    Best title Naughty Dog has yet released....... hoping for a sequel... My favorite PlayStation 3 game...One of THE BEST video games of the seventh-console generation that surpasses every standard in every way.
  25. Aug 11, 2013
    This game is one of the finest games I've ever played, from the very strong beginning to the end, is proof that video games are getting better and better, and this game makes you feel what everybody is feeling, even better than movies. If you don't have this game, go to the nearest games shop and buy it, you won't regret it.
  26. Aug 16, 2013
    While this game is a bit overrated, it is an excellent game nonetheless. It has an amazing story that captures and immerses the player. It's a bit predictable at times, but it's so well acted and it reads so much like a book that it is truly something special. The gameplay is not too good though. It's fun at first, but after awhile, it becomes repetitive as the challenge simply becomes:While this game is a bit overrated, it is an excellent game nonetheless. It has an amazing story that captures and immerses the player. It's a bit predictable at times, but it's so well acted and it reads so much like a book that it is truly something special. The gameplay is not too good though. It's fun at first, but after awhile, it becomes repetitive as the challenge simply becomes: think inside this box some more. It would have been better had there been challenges that forced you to think beyond what you've been thinking for the latter half of the game. However, failures aside, this game is a must play, don't let anyone tell you otherwise. Expand
  27. Aug 17, 2013
    The best game I have ever played. And I have played them all. It has it all, story dialogue, game play that continuously evolves everything. The thing I liked the best was the pacing. This game does not get old. It constantly offers something new. 70% in you change characters (and the way you play). It was amazing. Playing it a 2nd time thru right now and I have NEVER played aThe best game I have ever played. And I have played them all. It has it all, story dialogue, game play that continuously evolves everything. The thing I liked the best was the pacing. This game does not get old. It constantly offers something new. 70% in you change characters (and the way you play). It was amazing. Playing it a 2nd time thru right now and I have NEVER played a game twice. Expand
  28. Aug 18, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Upon buying this game from what little I'd seen, through not wanting to ruin anything for myself, I was more excited than I'd been for any game in a while. This, and only a few other games that I've played have put me in a position of "Well, what do I do now?" after I've completed it. What this game brings to the table is none-other than the greatest story ever told on console, maybe you could push that to ever in gaming, it is certainly the best story ever told to me. One of only two games that's ever made me shed tears and the only game that's ever made me genuinely care for a character's wellbeing as if it were a real person. From a storytelling standpoint, it's phenomenal. I would urge anyone out there who even has the slightest bit of interest to pick this game up immediately. The positions it puts you in with the people you're placed with is brilliant to say the least.

The story sounds like something you've heard before, but that couldn't be further from the truth in reality. I can't quite put into words the significance of the story in this to someone who would be considering this purchase or playthrough. It may be because there's nothing immediate to compare it to in gaming? I don't know, but something about this game is just touching, emotionally and mentally. The tale forces you to think about what could happen to Ellie if this or that went wrong, what could happen to every little object in the world and every person and city in the wake of what has happened in the game. It can bring about sadness, complete and utter heartbreak right through to light giggles (Ellie's dialogue is riddled with them) to outright outbursts of game-pausing laughter (also, mainly due to Ellie's dialogue). It can bring about fear and terror and hype as Joel forces his way to getting what he wants when he wants it when it comes to Ellie safety, the relationship develops beautifully between Ellie and Joel in a father-daughter way. The game will at some point during your playthrough, bring about every emotion you know of, I guarantee it.

From a technical standpoint, it's easily the best looking game on the PS3, a label that seems to come stuck to Naughty Dog like a watermark recently. The lighting is perfect, the textures are excellent and the motions, physics and mechanics in the gameplay are second to none. Voice acting is like something stripped out of a Pixar movie, a dark, morbid Pixar movie to put it awkwardly accurately. Gameplay is smooth and fluid, the gunplay and combat is polished and creative, the weapons you can create and customise/improve are simple and easy to follow, yet superbly detailed. The cutscenes are something you'd expect from a story-based game of this level, if I told you I was surprised by the motion-capture technology used in this game and the beauty of the cutscenes, I'd be lying. Just because I expected them, doesn't mean they don't amaze me. The world looks stunning as well alongside playing brilliantly, obstacles occasionally difficult to follow, yet it keeps the same mechanics so as to keep the gameplay familiar and non-too confusing, but you can make of this what you wish. Back to the main point, the world and the environments look amazing, sublimely crafted and thought up, aesthetically, it's perfect.

The one gripe I have about the game on a serious note, is how the AI interacts with your partner(s). It doesn't, not when in sneaky-sneaky mode anyway. You could be hiding from Hunters, Runners, Clickers, Soldiers and all of a sudden, your buddy is standing in the middle of the hallway in plain sight of the bad guy, and yet they don't acknowledge their existence. While this doesn't happen often at all, it almost certainly will at some point. On a less serious gripe, the game ends too early and for me leaves too much out for me to be perfectly satisfied. You seem to jump from one place to another without taking into account this really important place that you'd have to go to first, places that could've been added to the story to add even more to the game. But then one could make the argument about whether this would make the game tedious and boring through having too much content in the game. But, that's just what I'd have liked to see.

Overall, the game is perfect. I'm afraid to say that it's better than Red Dead Redemption or The Walking Dead, but for me, I think it's worthy of that title on a personal note. Full 10/10.
  29. Aug 22, 2013
    This game is perfect, my only complaint is the load time. The graphics, gameplay, weapons, voice acting, the reality are all phenomenal. Everytime you face a clicker it has the intensity of starting WW3. The game keeps you so in depth that you lose track of time and you just don't want to stop.
    Very excited for multiplayer but trying to restrict myself to singleplayer so i can get the most out of it.
  30. Aug 24, 2013
    This game, it is not a game, it is an epic. An epic in the art of storytelling, and it comes with gameplay too. I would be content just to watch the cutscenes and pay money for it. This game is the most amazing experience I have had in a video game. (other than shadow of the colossus) People say this is just another zombie game, and they are sort of right, this is a story of the hardshipsThis game, it is not a game, it is an epic. An epic in the art of storytelling, and it comes with gameplay too. I would be content just to watch the cutscenes and pay money for it. This game is the most amazing experience I have had in a video game. (other than shadow of the colossus) People say this is just another zombie game, and they are sort of right, this is a story of the hardships and a record of surviving the apocalypse. This game deserves 10 of 10, 5 of 5 and every best game of the year awards for the next 5 years. Expand

1. Sep 16, 2013
  2. Sep 10, 2013
  3. Official PlayStation Magazine Benelux
    Sep 4, 2013
    Despite the breakneck pace of the prologue, it takes quite a while for The Last of Us to pick up some speed again. However, once the cold harsh winter arrives, the action (and story) ramps up. So much so, it puts most Hollywood productions to shame. [July 2013, p.76]