• Publisher: SCEA
  • Release Date: Jun 14, 2013
9.1

1. Jun 18, 2013
    I don't think I have ever played a game like this. Saying this game was great would be an understatement. The game has an amazing story and is also helped by its incredible gameplay and characters. You take the role of Joel in a post-apocalyptic world, your job is to take Ellie (who I believe is the character of this generation) to a rebel group "the Fireflies". During your journey youI don't think I have ever played a game like this. Saying this game was great would be an understatement. The game has an amazing story and is also helped by its incredible gameplay and characters. You take the role of Joel in a post-apocalyptic world, your job is to take Ellie (who I believe is the character of this generation) to a rebel group "the Fireflies". During your journey you will find characters that you can love and also hate. Not only Joel and Ellie's love grow, your love for these characters will also grow. If you can play one game in your life PLAY THIS!!! Expand
  2. Jun 16, 2013
    O jogo incrível acredito que a partir de agora veremos mais jogos com a mesma alma de The Last of Us, não dei 10 porque os personagens secundários durante o jogo não alteram o comportamento dos inimigos.
  3. Jun 15, 2013
    I wouldn't call this game perfect, but it's pretty close for me. I wanted to rate this a 9.8. Since I cannot, I will give it a 10 because it is closer to a 10 than a 9. There IS the occasional glitch (as with most games), but the only thing that really takes me out of the experience is when Ellie will run out in front of the enemies and they will not see her at all! These moments remindI wouldn't call this game perfect, but it's pretty close for me. I wanted to rate this a 9.8. Since I cannot, I will give it a 10 because it is closer to a 10 than a 9. There IS the occasional glitch (as with most games), but the only thing that really takes me out of the experience is when Ellie will run out in front of the enemies and they will not see her at all! These moments remind you that you're playing a game and take you out of the experience.

Other than that, the story is absolutely top notch, the acting is top notch. One of the most engaging experiences I've ever played. (and I've been gaming since around the age of 3 back in '83!) The combat is underpowered in comparison to other games, but I LOVE that. It really gives a sense of fear and dread as you move along in the game. It really emphasizes the need for stealth. I would recommend this game to almost anyone, except for those who just absolutely loathe stealth games. Even then, you should give it a shot at least for the story and acting. The first 10 minutes will make at least a tear come to your eye. If it doesn't, then you probably aren't human.
  4. Jun 14, 2013
    You should realize right from the beginning, you are in for a dark, remorseless journey into survival. Your sympathy is for the two main characters, and some of survivors they meet along the way, but the dread of what is around the corner haunts you for them and like the stunning graphics that never cease to amaze, this game continues to enthrall you down to the last scene. The game playYou should realize right from the beginning, you are in for a dark, remorseless journey into survival. Your sympathy is for the two main characters, and some of survivors they meet along the way, but the dread of what is around the corner haunts you for them and like the stunning graphics that never cease to amaze, this game continues to enthrall you down to the last scene. The game play is flawless, and you know this because it never interferes with story and the combat....and Ellie will simply blow you away with her tough independence and fierce instincts....The PS3 deserves this game as a brilliant way to say good-bye to this generation of consoles...worth every cent and worth every play time minute. Expand
  5. Jun 14, 2013
    I don't know what I can really say about this game without giving anything away, but I will tell you that it is easily in the top ten games that I've played, and I've played a lot of good games, also the characters of Joel and Ellie are absolutely brilliant, I think Ellie has such an amazing premise, and Joel seems to have been affected by the infection in quite a realistic way. The onlyI don't know what I can really say about this game without giving anything away, but I will tell you that it is easily in the top ten games that I've played, and I've played a lot of good games, also the characters of Joel and Ellie are absolutely brilliant, I think Ellie has such an amazing premise, and Joel seems to have been affected by the infection in quite a realistic way. The only bad thing I can say about this game is that as good as it is, I don't think it's for everybody, some people might be put off by the atmosphere and violence within the game, while some will love it for the same reason.

If you're thinking of buying this game, then I recommend buying it.
  6. Jun 16, 2013
    This game is on my short list for perfect 10's. Few games come to mind that are close to this caliber of top notch presentation, amazing story, and superb game play. This is a true return to survival horror, a genre many fans felt disappeared after Resident Evil 4 (some say even before that). I honestly haven't even started to play multiplayer yet, but I only hear good to great thingsThis game is on my short list for perfect 10's. Few games come to mind that are close to this caliber of top notch presentation, amazing story, and superb game play. This is a true return to survival horror, a genre many fans felt disappeared after Resident Evil 4 (some say even before that). I honestly haven't even started to play multiplayer yet, but I only hear good to great things about it. I know it's a little late in the current gen to say this, but this is a system seller of a game if I have ever played one! Expand
  7. Jun 14, 2013
    This game truly is phenomenal. Naughty Dog proves yet again why they are the kings of the PS3, and arguably gaming in general. The Last of Us gets everything right. The environments, the atmosphere, the gameplay, the storyline, the characters, the graphics. Everything. I really can't say enough how amazing this game truly ended up being.
  8. Jun 14, 2013
    Very good game. I love all of Naughty Dog's games, they are fun and have very good graphics. Go buy this game now and support ND for making better games on the PS 4!
  9. Jun 14, 2013
    Such an immersing world, great characters especially Joel en Ellie. Brilliant and such a fleshed out story i won't forget in a long time. Intense and incredible well put together gameplay mechanics. THE best game i have ever played.
  10. Jun 17, 2013
    Extraordinary game! Great story that makes you care about the characters of the game. The game play is effortless and continuously keeps you interested in what’s around the next corner. Love figuring out what’s the best line of defense for getting though enemy riddled areas. A must purchase!
  11. Jun 14, 2013
    The Last of Us is one of the best games I have ever played. Imagine Uncharted 2/3, that looks better, sounds better, has more engaging characters and a more emotional plot.
    Imagine that with combat which encourages not just multiple playthroughs to try a different strategy, but reloading checkpoints to get your first strategy just right. But that doesn't really do it justice.
    If you
    If you are looking for a brand new and unique experience, this isn't perfect, but you should play it anyway. If you are looking for one of the best experiences to be found in gaming, you should definitely play The Last of Us.
  12. Jun 15, 2013
    I really like this action-survival-horror -next generation game, forget all this MS haters...if I compare the graphics of this great game with GTA IV, Darksiders, Mass Effect 3, Skyrim, Hitman, the action, gameplay, are matchless. It's not a perfect game, not at all, not for all, but I like it and it's my kind of game.
  13. Jun 18, 2013
    This is a great game and if you own a Playstation 3 you should play it.

The bad "User" reviews by GonzoGamer and Wilfogn Your other review are all XboX360 games. .
    So my question to you is is? Are you really that stupid, why would you go and give a bad review to a game of a console you don't even have..... You should pursuit a career in politics, you are picture perfect for the job.
  14. Jun 18, 2013
    This is hands down the best game I've ever played. Awesome gameplay. And the story is by far the best in any game.
    It is also the first game ever that has made me cry.
    Naughty Dog gets everything right with this game. The voice acting, environment, characters, atmosphere and music is amazing.
  15. Jun 14, 2013
    The Last of Us, its a game that needs no introduction but had to show more than what we were expecting in order to not only keep up with the current generation & next generation games coming out but also live up to the par that Uncharted 2, and Uncharted 3 set for Naughty Dog. The game takes you on a journey that takes you throughout a world 20 years after a pandemic had arose. WhileThe Last of Us, its a game that needs no introduction but had to show more than what we were expecting in order to not only keep up with the current generation & next generation games coming out but also live up to the par that Uncharted 2, and Uncharted 3 set for Naughty Dog. The game takes you on a journey that takes you throughout a world 20 years after a pandemic had arose. While keeping new ideas fresh the best thing that "The Last of Us" has going for it is excellent character development backed up with a truly memorable story. So if you are able to get your hands on a copy "The Last of Us" is a game that you do not want to miss out, and that is why it deserves a 9.8/10. Expand
  16. Jun 18, 2013
    My real score would be a 9.5 but im just rounding it up. The graphics and story are 10/10 but the gameplay would be like an 8 for me. Also the friendly ai can get in your way sometimes but nothing too bad.
  17. Jun 14, 2013
    A gripping story about human survival and the re-ignition of love in a bittered heart. The voice acting is perfect, facial animations are top notch and the protagonist becomes a very 'real' person as the story progresses. The graphics are pretty much the best current consoles can offer. The art direction can best be described as 'dreary', perfect for a post-apocalyptic setting. I also loveA gripping story about human survival and the re-ignition of love in a bittered heart. The voice acting is perfect, facial animations are top notch and the protagonist becomes a very 'real' person as the story progresses. The graphics are pretty much the best current consoles can offer. The art direction can best be described as 'dreary', perfect for a post-apocalyptic setting. I also love the sound design and the minimalistic sound track producing melancholic instrumental music that really gets you in the right mood. The story is thrust forward using ingame dialog sections, cutscenes and various items you find (such as pamphlets and notes). Overall, the fiction feels very 'real'. Thrillingly able to suspend my disbelief with a mature story.

Gameplay:

The game can be best described as a third person action adventure with lots of stealth elements, and a bit more exploration than you would expect from the creators of Uncharted. The game has a wonderful pace (absolutely not run and gun) and great stealth sections that will have you at the edge of your seat. The stealth reminds me a bit of Manhunt, in which rooms are like puzzles and it is for the gamer to find out efficient ways to get through the rooms. As in Manhunt, taking down enemies feels hefty and combat is raw and visceral. There is also a crafting system in place, in which you use recourses scattered throughout the levels to craft items like health packs and shivs. However, resources are scarce and some items use the same components. So you need to choose: do I want a health pack, or a molotov?

The only downside to the game I found is the fact that sometimes your companions behave unrealistically during stealth sections, wanting to follow you around and obviously showing themselves while doing so. But it doesn't detract from the experience and luckily no alarms are triggered when it happens. Overall the companion AI is good; it is hard to make companions behave perfectly in stealth gameplay (how many games even try it?).

Lastly, I recommend turning off all tips in the options menu so the game doesn't tell you what to do all the time, yet I found the normal difficulty setting challenging enough. Take your time with this one, try to find the hidden resources and be absorbed in the fiction. Uncharted 3 really was more of the same and a bit boring, this is refreshing and gripping. Like Red Dead Redemption and Mass Effect 2, this was a game that just did not bore me. 10/10 for the single player.
  18. Jun 14, 2013
    Best game this generation along with Uncharted 2 and Red Dead Redemption Everything in this game is top notch Graphics Gameplay Storytelling ,Voice acting and soundtrack This game is one of the reasons why I have a PS3 .
    and when you see a dickhead like GladkyAndrey who rate this game a 3 then change his mind and rate it 0 you know that this game is a beeeeeeaast
  19. Jun 14, 2013
    This is the first survival game in a long while that truly feels like a survival game. You have such limited ammo with your relatively underpowered weapons, that you must strategically plan out each encounter in order to survive. Most games suggest that you explore the environments, but The Last of Us actually forces you to. Without the necessary scavenged crafting supplies used to makeThis is the first survival game in a long while that truly feels like a survival game. You have such limited ammo with your relatively underpowered weapons, that you must strategically plan out each encounter in order to survive. Most games suggest that you explore the environments, but The Last of Us actually forces you to. Without the necessary scavenged crafting supplies used to make health kits, upgraded weapons or booby traps, you simply won’t live through upcoming encounters. Expand
  20. Jun 14, 2013
    Truly a masterpiece!! This game gives me great hope where games can go from here,having played most games you fear "been there done that" not with The Last Of Us. Naughty dog have shown what great developers they are with Uncharted series,but with this game they have stepped into legendary category and Sony's flagship developers. Amazing game with great graphics (probably best looking gameTruly a masterpiece!! This game gives me great hope where games can go from here,having played most games you fear "been there done that" not with The Last Of Us. Naughty dog have shown what great developers they are with Uncharted series,but with this game they have stepped into legendary category and Sony's flagship developers. Amazing game with great graphics (probably best looking game on ps3) and a great story arc. The story is the games real strength and how it emotionally draws you in,then throw in suspenseful set pieces with a gritty world and action violence and you've got a gem,and that's what Naughty Dog has given us,probably the ps3 last exclusive gem. Simply put YOU MUST BUY THIS GAME. Expand
  21. Jun 17, 2013
    Best games ever made.
    A 10/10 score is not enough for this game. Naughty dog has made many great games, but this one is the best and probably the best game of this gen.
  22. Jun 15, 2013
    The hype leading up to my chance to play The Last of Us had me worried, as it seemed like I would be disappointed because I thought no game could live up to the expectations I had for it. I was wrong. Naughty Dog has succeeded in crafting what is undoubtedly one of the absolute best games of all time, an emotional tour de force that, while set in a post-apocalyptic,The hype leading up to my chance to play The Last of Us had me worried, as it seemed like I would be disappointed because I thought no game could live up to the expectations I had for it. I was wrong. Naughty Dog has succeeded in crafting what is undoubtedly one of the absolute best games of all time, an emotional tour de force that, while set in a post-apocalyptic, zombie-in-all-but-name-only-infested world, spends a lot of time exploring the humanity of enduring such an environment.

Some reviews have criticized the actual gameplay, but I love it. The game rewards players who can think creatively and act stealthily over those who can shoot the enemies dead the fastest. By other metrics, the game makes no compromises: for a game running on almost 7-year-old hardware, the graphics are stunning, with the writing, voice acting, art direction, soundtrack, and level design all among the absolute best in the video game world.

The game has kept me greatly on edge and had me in tears less than an hour into the game. It has kept me in awe of both the ugliness of many of the areas ravaged by the events of the game and the sheer beauty of those that nature has reclaimed in the absence of meddling from humanity, infected or not.

Games like this and Bioshock Infinite make me optimistic about the future of gaming. The Last of Us is a true masterpiece, ranking among not only among my absolute favorite video games of all time, but among my favorite entries in any art/entertainment medium. It's often gritty and heavy, but it greatly rewards those who enjoy deep, sometimes tragic, character-driven storytelling: the same strategy that networks like HBO and AMC seem to be focusing on with their original content in recent years to much success.

All in all, if the idea of a post-apocalyptic survival game doesn't completely turn you off, you owe it to yourself to play this game.
  23. Jun 14, 2013
    Wow, just wow. Naughty Dog has always been my favourite game developers, why? Because they always succeed with their games. And this game was no exception. Naughty Dog have worked really, really hard with the environment ,story and dialogues, not to mention how the characters move and react. I could see that in the beginning of the game, when the girl moved with quiet steps in the bigWow, just wow. Naughty Dog has always been my favourite game developers, why? Because they always succeed with their games. And this game was no exception. Naughty Dog have worked really, really hard with the environment ,story and dialogues, not to mention how the characters move and react. I could see that in the beginning of the game, when the girl moved with quiet steps in the big house looking for her dad. Maybe not the best description but if you play the game, you will notice) I am absolutely speechless about this game. Every move and everywhere you go, you sort of jump in to the game. I haven't got this feeling since I played the Half-life franchise, which is a pretty old game.
    I understand why this game got over 50 perfect scores. This and three other Naughty Dog games is on my number 10 list, with this one going number 1 and Jak II: Renegade going number 2 I can only say that Naughty Dog, you just made another masterpiece!
  24. Jun 15, 2013
    This game is absolutely amazing. All around amazing!! I just recommend to at least give it a try before you make your own decision. From start to finish this game is incredible, amazing story which is expected since this game comes from the same studio that developed uncharted (naughtydog). Visuals are fantastic, fighting and stealth kills are very unique and fun. I will not be surprisedThis game is absolutely amazing. All around amazing!! I just recommend to at least give it a try before you make your own decision. From start to finish this game is incredible, amazing story which is expected since this game comes from the same studio that developed uncharted (naughtydog). Visuals are fantastic, fighting and stealth kills are very unique and fun. I will not be surprised if this game wins a tone of goty awards. This is definitely my game of the year. Like I said before it is definitely worth playing for yourself. Expand
  25. Jun 15, 2013
    Let's see... Do you like story-driven games with immersive voice acting/cut-scenes and great gameplay? If yes, then this game is for you. The Last of Us is one of the best games this gen and I recommend to every (real) gamer out there. Have fun!
  26. Jun 14, 2013
    For me this is another masterpiece game from Naughty Dog Studio. This time we are living in apocalyptic times which means...if you like walking dead or other zombie/survival movies you will love this game. Graphics are outstanding and characters, as always, absolutely brilliant. The best thing is the "reality" of atmosphere. Usually in apocalyptic games or movies there is an arsenal ofFor me this is another masterpiece game from Naughty Dog Studio. This time we are living in apocalyptic times which means...if you like walking dead or other zombie/survival movies you will love this game. Graphics are outstanding and characters, as always, absolutely brilliant. The best thing is the "reality" of atmosphere. Usually in apocalyptic games or movies there is an arsenal of guns and stuff here you have to think how to survive a battle. That's something new in games.
    If you considering to buy a new ps4 console, you have to play that game. It's definitely one of the best games on this generation.
  27. Jun 14, 2013
    This game delivers everything you want and need in a game to make it a masterpiece a emotionally investing story and characters, stunning visuals, and tense and immersive gameplay! This is a must buy for anybody!!
  28. Jun 19, 2013
    This game is truly fantastic. It deserves every bit of praise that it gets but unlike other reviews I'm going to try and simply break down why. Firstly it's an action game, so it's a 1010 action game, not the greatest game of all time, out of every genre. So what's important in an action game? Action right? The gunning feels more realistic than any other TPS I've experienced so far, andThis game is truly fantastic. It deserves every bit of praise that it gets but unlike other reviews I'm going to try and simply break down why. Firstly it's an action game, so it's a 1010 action game, not the greatest game of all time, out of every genre. So what's important in an action game? Action right? The gunning feels more realistic than any other TPS I've experienced so far, and every weapon is so unique to handle it actually feels like you're carrying a real assortment. What about AI? Humans will come up behind you in a matter of seconds to shoot you from behind, if they can't get behind you, they will throw a molotov at you with pensive precision. What about stealth? Clickers must be dealt with by crouching and not walking but creeping, if they hear a loud footstep they will come charging, and on contact you will die instantly. Not only is the challenge there but it feels so nerve-racking no matter where you go. Humans can also be dealt with stealthily, choking them to do, wasting no resources, or if you choose, move past everything, like something out of MGS. Combat it's there as well, numerous objects can be used as melee weapons, a bat will take a few hits down someone with a combo, whereas a blade might take just one to kill. You can even reinforce weapons with blades to cause one hit kills on Clickers. hear you asking about the rest... Graphics? It's Naughty Dog, so check. Music? Does the perfect job of building atmosphere instead of sounding like a Hollywood movie check. Story there is nothing I can say here that won't spoil things but as soon as it gets moving there is no pointless banter, just one breathtaking moment after the next. Longevity? Yes, there are comics, artefacts and firefly dog-tags to find, numerous difficulty levels and the ability to upgrade Joel in a slightly-action RPG fashion to your liking.

What I'm trying to say is that as an action game, it has it all and then some. It improves on almost all facets of an action game. Whereas others are becoming more casualized and more scripted and shorter and shorter, ND takes us in the opposite direction, with a challenging, punishing, absolutely enthralling experience that does not let up until it is over. With an original multiplayer element to boot.
    I hope I have given a little more insight into why this game is so praised. Also kudos to Sony for letting ND do what they want it has paid in spades and so it should.
  29. Jun 15, 2013
    the only people giving this a rating lower 8 are fake ps3 owners aka xbox fanboys... this is one of the best games ever made to date... its a masterpiece. This game is what a true survival game should be... you should be sneaking around and you should be thinking about is it worth it firing this gun.
  30. Jun 14, 2013
    This game has an excelent history, the relation of Joel and Ellie are fascinating. The graphics are amazing too, considering the limits of PS3. It´s not an open world game, but its wonderful.
  31. Jun 14, 2013

Gameplay:

1. Sep 16, 2013
  2. Sep 10, 2013
  3. Despite the breakneck pace of the prologue, it takes quite a while for The Last of Us to pick up some speed again. However, once the cold harsh winter arrives, the action (and story) ramps up. So much so, it puts most Hollywood productions to shame. [July 2013, p.76]