• Publisher: SCEA
  • Release Date: Jun 14, 2013
9.1

1. Aug 4, 2013
    Superb work of art. You rarely come across a game with such marvellous storytelling. The gameplay is really fun and challenging and the presentation of the game is the best I've seen to date.
    This game is a must-have to every gamer.
  2. Jun 18, 2013
    This is a great game and if you own a Playstation 3 you should play it.

The bad "User" reviews by GonzoGamer and Wilfogn Your other review are all XboX360 games. .
    So my question to you is is? Are you really that stupid, why would you go and give a bad review to a game of a console you don't even have..... You should pursuit a career in politics, you are picture perfect for the job.
  3. Jun 17, 2013
    WOW! WOW! WOW! I can just keep saying this because that's what this game is... it's WOW! I cannot stop playing this game. I am already thinking of playing it again, and I'm not even done with it! Just simply amazing!
  4. Jul 23, 2013
    Well, while it may not be lengthy enough for some of us naughty dog fans, and may have some little niggling bugs here and there, this is a fine piece this. This wonderful, scary, empowering, and generally diamond in the polished diamond stage game. Thank God we are not existing in a time where publishers are afraid to create games that are different enough in their execution, while beingWell, while it may not be lengthy enough for some of us naughty dog fans, and may have some little niggling bugs here and there, this is a fine piece this. This wonderful, scary, empowering, and generally diamond in the polished diamond stage game. Thank God we are not existing in a time where publishers are afraid to create games that are different enough in their execution, while being similar enough to others to not totally drown and falter. Thank Christ we have SONY with giant gold plated platinum balls, creating real games in many different and interesting genres, instead of dude first person bro-fests. As you can see, I am very happy about this game. The best thing about the last of us is the fact that it is REAL-ISH, the deaths are god awful to experience. I had to shut the box off once because I saw death sequences too many times, and I was sickened. The art and design of the levels is top notch, while not over the top. Gun play is enjoyable. Play it! Expand
  5. Jun 17, 2013
    With The Last of Us Naughty Dog have delivered a masterpiece in every sense of the word. They don’t just raise the bar for video games, they set a new precedent that all narrative driven games should be measured against. I’ve already heaped huge amounts of praise onto The Last of Us, and yet I feel like I could continue to conjour up new ways of explaining just how impressive theWith The Last of Us Naughty Dog have delivered a masterpiece in every sense of the word. They don’t just raise the bar for video games, they set a new precedent that all narrative driven games should be measured against. I’ve already heaped huge amounts of praise onto The Last of Us, and yet I feel like I could continue to conjour up new ways of explaining just how impressive the experience is. In the end, when I tell you that The Last of Us is not only the best, most complete, game of this generation, but also one of the best games that I’ve ever had the fortune to play, I hope you’ll realise how impossibly good The Last of Us is. Expand
  6. Aug 6, 2013
    One of the best games I've ever played by far. The story keeps you sucked in, the game mechanics are good (better than "Uncharted" series), and the subtle music is just enough. I really enjoyed it.
  7. Oct 1, 2013
    This game is a masterpiece! Its just like Half Life where everything just works and fits together perfectly. The story, graphics and gameplay work well together and I was interested right the way through the game. I'll definitely play it through again on a harder difficulty setting in the future. This game is worth getting a PS3 for!
  8. Mar 8, 2014
    The greatest game of this generation. We dive into this universe in awe and full emotion capacity. The Last Of Us portrays its message clearly and gives us an experience that we may never get again (unless Naughty Dog tops it off with a sequel, which is not impossible btw, hehe.) But hey, I have never played a video game as spectacular as this. I can emphasize with the story and the way itThe greatest game of this generation. We dive into this universe in awe and full emotion capacity. The Last Of Us portrays its message clearly and gives us an experience that we may never get again (unless Naughty Dog tops it off with a sequel, which is not impossible btw, hehe.) But hey, I have never played a video game as spectacular as this. I can emphasize with the story and the way it invites us to enter its universe is really marvelous. An unforgettable video game, it still resonates to this day in my mind. Expand
  9. Jun 16, 2013
    Honestly one of the best games I have ever played in my life. The Last of Us is a step forward for story telling and art in the form of games. A dark, sad, story about survival despite enormous loss that should not be missed by anyone. It's games like this that make me want to shove a controller into someone's hands who thinks of video games as simply something nerdy boys do. This shouldHonestly one of the best games I have ever played in my life. The Last of Us is a step forward for story telling and art in the form of games. A dark, sad, story about survival despite enormous loss that should not be missed by anyone. It's games like this that make me want to shove a controller into someone's hands who thinks of video games as simply something nerdy boys do. This should be experienced by everyone. Expand
  10. Jun 16, 2013
    This game is on my short list for perfect 10's. Few games come to mind that are close to this caliber of top notch presentation, amazing story, and superb game play. This is a true return to survival horror, a genre many fans felt disappeared after Resident Evil 4 (some say even before that). I honestly haven't even started to play multiplayer yet, but I only hear good to great thingsThis game is on my short list for perfect 10's. Few games come to mind that are close to this caliber of top notch presentation, amazing story, and superb game play. This is a true return to survival horror, a genre many fans felt disappeared after Resident Evil 4 (some say even before that). I honestly haven't even started to play multiplayer yet, but I only hear good to great things about it. I know it's a little late in the current gen to say this, but this is a system seller of a game if I have ever played one! Expand
  11. Jul 10, 2013
    One of the best games Ive ever played, up there with the likes of Metal Gear Solid 1,3,4 Shadow Of The Colossus, Okami, Resident Evil 4 and Uncharted 2. Naughty Dog devs dont mess around and they really take their job very serious, everything about this game excels in production value.

A very touching story that kept me caring for the 2 main characters, I really was able to feel what they were going thru, the immersion on this game is phenomenal, thanks to the state of the art graphics, motion capture, art direction, gameplay mechanics and story driven run through a post apocalyptic US.

The visceral action although very violent, never over the top, perfectly balance as it should be in the real world, without dragging it too much into reality. You really feel the tension with each encounter. The tension doesnt stop there of course, the fact that you really have to preserve ammo and make every shot count is and awesome game design decision. It forces you to explore, and really use strategic approaches to every situation, do you take down every one using stealth, do you avoid the confrontation and sneak past them, or do you go gun blazing. Either way you choose you will have to play smart and keep all your weapons loaded at all times, a split second can really mean the difference between dying or surviving.

So much more to say about this game, but I would have to write a 10 page essay for that, in short The Last Of Us is a game we only get once every generation, the quality of the story, gameplay and graphics are superb, if youre a fan of stealth, action, survival, story driven games, this is the one for you.
  12. Aug 23, 2013
    I was starting to doubt if it was any good but once you see the incredibly emotional opening (even the opening credits shook me), and use the realistic, gruesome and fun violence, along with a story that is just amazing. The story is one of the best stories ever (including literature, film, TV or what have you). I loved these characters: Joel is a complete phucking badass and Ellie earnsI was starting to doubt if it was any good but once you see the incredibly emotional opening (even the opening credits shook me), and use the realistic, gruesome and fun violence, along with a story that is just amazing. The story is one of the best stories ever (including literature, film, TV or what have you). I loved these characters: Joel is a complete phucking badass and Ellie earns your passion. The music, the graphics, the sound are mind-blowing. Every goddamn thing about this game screams perfection. Naughty Dog stepped away from their cartoonish Uncharted and Jak & Daxter and got my heart pumped and passion burning bright red. I LOVE THIS GAME!!!!!! Either you go stealth or combat, it works out beautifully. It is one of the greatest games ever. Plain and simple. Those who disagree are completely blind or have not yet experienced the pure awesomeness of this game. The voice acting is among the best I've ever heard. Major replay value Expand
  13. Jul 12, 2013
    Recipe for one of the greatest games ever. 1part Resident Evil, 1 part Metal Gear Solid, 1 part Far Cry 3. These are the 3 games that came to mind when playing, "The Last of Us". Whomever was responsible for RE 5 and 6, should be ashamed of themselves after playing this game. This is how Survival horror should be done. I wouldn't be surprised if future developers copy the formula for thisRecipe for one of the greatest games ever. 1part Resident Evil, 1 part Metal Gear Solid, 1 part Far Cry 3. These are the 3 games that came to mind when playing, "The Last of Us". Whomever was responsible for RE 5 and 6, should be ashamed of themselves after playing this game. This is how Survival horror should be done. I wouldn't be surprised if future developers copy the formula for this game. It is a thrilling roller coaster ride of feelings and emotions while playing. It is my first game in which the narrative actually made me uncomfortable during CG scenes. How the developers blended survival horror with stealth was genius. When enemies are alerted, the game actually sounds off with the same alert you hear when playing Metal Gear. It makes me wonder, if they had to liscense that from Konami. Ammo? Yes, there is ammo, and health kits, and craftable items. However, these items are scarce, and when you do come across them. BUCKLE UP!! because your going for a gut wrenching, intense ride of gameplay that you've never experienced. The Uncharted simuarities are here as well. The Graphics, cut scenes, and even some light platforming elements brought Uncharted to mind. The slight visual cues of where to go next we're a nice touch and typical of naughty dog games. My comparison to Far Cry 3 is small, but it was there. Every time you run into a group of enemies, there is a strategy you can formulate to take them all down in your most efficient way possible. Some encounters, you don't even have to fight if you choose the stealthiest path. Good luck with that. Why? because when you encounter your first human enemy, you will be terrified. You will panic and probably try to Call of Duty them to death, and you will lose. Then you will have your first run in with an infected, and the same thing will happen. At some point you will hide behind cover for awhile and hope they just go away. But they won't. You will have to engage at some point and attempt to dispatch them, while your mouth fills with vomit from the constant stress and anxiety you will experience. There is down time. During these moments, things will appear tranquill and serene. You will ask questions of the world created by Naughty Dog. How can post apocolypto be some pretty and f'd up at the same time? After your nerves are racked, there will be moments of, "why is the game prompting me to pick up this weapon?" why is there unlimited ammo for a moment? "OH! so you can kick my ass some more......" End scene, and some down time before they mind F you some more. Unbelieveable. Anyone that owns a PS3 should purchase this game. I personally loved it and hated it at the same time. I am not a fan of stealth games like Metal Gear, Splinter Cell and some of my worst moments of Assassins Creed games. It makes me want to go back and try those games again. I feel like i've just been sent to Survival Horror, Stealth bootcamp. The great part is, the game does a great job of building you up and ripping you down. In it's finale, you will have a variety of killing devices at you diposal. I guarantee you won't use them. Because the game sucks? NO!! because by the time you arrive at the finish line, it's crucibal, you will be a seasoned killing machine, that relys on cunning tactics and stealth to get through. You will feel empowered, like a predator stalking it's prey. Your enemies will fear you, and you will be numb with emotion. All the items in your inventory are there to tease the weak. Those that decide to Rambo their way through the end, will have missed out on what makes it great. Which is why the game punishes you for using that type of strategy. It can be done, but it will be a harder path. Those indaviduals that can stay calm and focus their emotions will get most of what this world is all about. It took me 2 weeks to beat this game. Partly because of my disdain for games like this and also becuase it terrified me. Anymore than 45- 60 min a sitting was all I could stomach. I was petrified of what was waiting for me around every corner. I thought this game was great. It was made for everybody and nobody at the same time. Most people play video games to have fun and let loose. This game is not fun. Not in the way that your used to anyway. Gamers that love this stuff, will......have fun...most of us will be all screwed up and distraught after playing. The thing is, this sort of game has been done before. Just not quite like this. It has a genre unto its own. The Last of Us really does reinvent the wheel to some extent. The reason why it messes with you, is because the experiences it delivers are new and fresh. The same infected zombie that freaked you in the early parts of the game, will still freak you out in the end. The game doesn't give you a chance to be comfortable with your surroundings. Im giving it a ten only because it blew my mind. How could I not. I've been a gamer for 30+ years, and never has a game nocked my nitz off like "The Last of Us". Expand
  14. Jun 23, 2013
    This game is amazing, so beautiful! the only thing I would have changed was to have the ability to choose what storylines to follow. like choosing your ending and seeing what happens after youve made the choice like 10 years in the future! But overall an amazing game! naughty dog killed!
  15. Oct 8, 2013
    It's a Naughty Dog game, does anything else really need to be said? Expect excellence because this game will gut punch you out of your seat from the very opening scene, and never let you go.
  16. Jun 18, 2013
    Gun play is kind of iffy, but otherwise this is the best game i have ever played. The story is beautifully told. This game is an absolute masterpiece.
  17. Jun 25, 2013
    Truly wonderful game, i am a big gamer and have played games from Halo to Heavy Rain and Borderlands to Call of Duty and this is the first game in probably 4 years to truly surprise me. One for its shear beauty and two for its brilliant story and to top that off it play so very nicely. It draws you into the survivor role so well, helped by having no HUD and creating while the games stillTruly wonderful game, i am a big gamer and have played games from Halo to Heavy Rain and Borderlands to Call of Duty and this is the first game in probably 4 years to truly surprise me. One for its shear beauty and two for its brilliant story and to top that off it play so very nicely. It draws you into the survivor role so well, helped by having no HUD and creating while the games still live to create true urgency. I would recommend this to anyone looking for a deep engrossing game. Credit to Naughty Dog for creating a new IP after such a great job on Uncharted Expand
  18. Jun 17, 2013
    Much like God of War 2 for the PS2, The Last of Us is the 'Swan Song' of the PS3. Given none of the game has been revealed, The Last of Us will evoke in most a sense of curiosity, fear, and despair, and this is a good thing. This is an experience like no other, one of which most gamers should experience.
  19. Jul 23, 2013
    The Last Of Us is the most brilliant, perfect, exiting, intensive video game experience of this generation.

Joel and Ellie give us in my opinion, the best Survivor game ever.
  20. Jun 19, 2013
    I have always said that my favourite games of all time are Zelda OoT, Resident Evil, Metal Gear Solid and Final Fantasy (8&10) as they are great childhood memories, however this game is now in my top 5 games I have played... Ever! I prefer Playstation however I have been more of a 360 gamer apart from PS3 exclusives (although PS4 seems to have sorted things out for online chat etc) but noI have always said that my favourite games of all time are Zelda OoT, Resident Evil, Metal Gear Solid and Final Fantasy (8&10) as they are great childhood memories, however this game is now in my top 5 games I have played... Ever! I prefer Playstation however I have been more of a 360 gamer apart from PS3 exclusives (although PS4 seems to have sorted things out for online chat etc) but no matter what your preferred console is ANY bad review for this game is just retarded and a joke on you for wasting your time. Naughty Dog amazed me with Uncharted but TLOU is better, honestly this game is just pure epic and is better then ANY game I have played in the last 10 years. Some people on here say Bioshock was better, I was a massive fan of Bioshock 1 but I actually sold Bioshock Infinite without even getting half way through the game. Anyway if you still reading reviews on this (I know I'm a bit late to write a review but I've been playing the game) just go out and buy it! I rate MGS incredibly high in my best games ever list and TLOU I actually prefer over MGS4. Don't know what else to say but a massive thank you to the whole team at Naughty Dog, I will be playing this game for years to come and buying old consoles in 10 years time to play it again. Masterpiece and its up there with the best games of all time for me. Brilliant Game!! Expand
  21. Jun 17, 2013
    Anyone who rates this under 9 hasn't played through. it starts slow but all in all it is 1/2 Uncharted, 1/2 Resident Evil. With a good story to boot. That CAN'T be bad!
  22. Sep 12, 2013
    Yeah it's a 10. This game will really put you through it. The characters are best that I've ever come across in a video game and it isn't even close. The world design is brilliant and exactly what I would imagine in a post human environment. The story is also top notch and the developers really put their own unique stamp on the genre it really did seem plausible. The Uncharted gamesYeah it's a 10. This game will really put you through it. The characters are best that I've ever come across in a video game and it isn't even close. The world design is brilliant and exactly what I would imagine in a post human environment. The story is also top notch and the developers really put their own unique stamp on the genre it really did seem plausible. The Uncharted games were more lighthearted and fun (and also super great) but the Last of Us really reaches another level of immersion and gritty realism that I didn't think was possible with video games. It's something you just have to experience.

Naughty Dog is head and shoulders above other game design companies and I can't wait to see what they do for PS4. I will buy all of their games for years to come.
  23. Feb 15, 2014
    Best Game of 2013. Gameplay, story, graphics, characters design... every single thing.
    The only thing i didnt like of it was its soundtrack, pretty lame work by Santaolalla, as always.
  24. Jul 5, 2013
    This game singlehandedly glued me back to my PS3. So far, the great games of 2013 like Tomb Raider and Bioshock Infinite found its way into my Steam library on my PC, but exclusives like The Last of Us is what keeps me going back to my PS3. This new release from Naughty Dog features mind-blowing graphics that somehow took advantage of the PS3’s dated hardware and provides smoothThis game singlehandedly glued me back to my PS3. So far, the great games of 2013 like Tomb Raider and Bioshock Infinite found its way into my Steam library on my PC, but exclusives like The Last of Us is what keeps me going back to my PS3. This new release from Naughty Dog features mind-blowing graphics that somehow took advantage of the PS3’s dated hardware and provides smooth performance and framerates without any screen tearing. The storytelling and characters was done so freakin’ perfectly, I don’t even know where to start. Some characters, like Ellie, I just adored, while I truly despised the military and the hunters. More importantly, the actual relationships that develop between characters left me captivated with Naughty Dog’s ability to portray characters reacting and cooperating with one another during moments of extreme crisis. At no point throughout the entire 15+ hour campaign did my interest in the characters diminish. In fact, the pacing of the story was so flawless, I actually grew more and more interested in the characters as I progressed further into the game. The voice acting had the quality of a high budget Hollywood film, and cut scenes featured lifelike animations, giving me the impression that I was watching a movie. I’m not sure if The Last of Us has the best story *ever* in a video game. CD Projekt’s The Witcher franchise or Bioware’s Mass Effect series have impressed me more with their incredible background stories and game worlds, but no game can compete with The Last of Us’ cinematic presentation of its story and character development.

The Last of Us features a hybrid formula of gameplay with new creative ideas in addition to some old gaming elements that I’ve missed from classic games. In The Last of Us, you won’t regenerate your health over time like you normally would in other shooting games, and the various gadgets that you can craft allows you to use your imagination when engaging a group of hostiles. You could stealth kill a couple enemies, bait the rest into a confined area from the sound of a tossed bottle and have a nail bomb waiting to greet them. Or perhaps you’re low on supplies and will have to manage by tossing that bottle at an enemy and race towards your dazed target to use him as a human shield while gunning down the rest of your foes. The Last of Us offers incredible replay value with its new game plus feature. There are around 10 upgradable weapons, 7 different skills and a dozen training manuals that carry over into NG+. You’ll feel like a juggernaut once everything’s maxed out and will have a ton of fun adventuring through future playthroughs with all your previous equipment and collectibles. The Last of Us features the best gameplay Naughty Dog has offered yet.

Naughty Dog has no limits when it comes to creativity. The Last of Us will have other developers quaking at the prospect to match the quality of this masterpiece. I had very high and unrealistic expectations for this new release, and I *still* got what I expected and more. The Last of Us induced emotional reactions from me that few Hollywood movies have accomplished. The Witcher 2 will most likely remain as my favorite game of all time, but I’ve never been immersed into a video game this much since The Witcher 2’s release back in mid-2011. From a climactic cut scene making me shed a tear to laughing at Ellie’s silly joke book, The Last of Us has given me an unforgettable gaming experience and won me over for game of the year for 2013. This was, by far, the most gratifying 60 dollars I’ve spent in a long, long time.
  25. Jul 6, 2013
    I'm a huge fan of post-apocalyptic games such as The Last of Us, but for some reason I just didn't pay this game any mind. After hearing about how good it was and being told by just about everyone to get it I decided to finally try it out. I'm glad I did because The Last of Us is one of the best games I've ever played. It's a perfect example of how to make a video game a perfect cinematicI'm a huge fan of post-apocalyptic games such as The Last of Us, but for some reason I just didn't pay this game any mind. After hearing about how good it was and being told by just about everyone to get it I decided to finally try it out. I'm glad I did because The Last of Us is one of the best games I've ever played. It's a perfect example of how to make a video game a perfect cinematic experience without sacrificing anything in the gameplay department. It's a survival game with a fantastic story and characters. Having to constantly scrounge around for supplies really gives you the feeling that you're doing whatever it takes to survive in this harsh world. Combat is always intense and brutal. I have to give special praise to the games satisfying melee combat because it's truly awesome. By far the best part of the story mode is the actual story. I don't want to spoil anything but I can tell you that it's an emotional tale filled with characters so human you can't help but care about them. The multiplayer is also a lot of fun and something different than the norm. You choose one of two factions and battle it out for supplies to grow your own virtual faction and keep them alive. The actual gameplay revolves around teamwork and making smart use of your limited supplies. Even in multiplayer you'll be scrounging to survive. The Last of Us is a fantastic experience that pull you in and wont let you go. Go pick it up now, if you don't you wont just be missing out on one of the best games of this year, but also one of the best games of all time. Expand
  26. Jun 15, 2013
    This game is absolutely amazing. All around amazing!! I just recommend to at least give it a try before you make your own decision. From start to finish this game is incredible, amazing story which is expected since this game comes from the same studio that developed uncharted (naughtydog). Visuals are fantastic, fighting and stealth kills are very unique and fun. I will not be surprisedThis game is absolutely amazing. All around amazing!! I just recommend to at least give it a try before you make your own decision. From start to finish this game is incredible, amazing story which is expected since this game comes from the same studio that developed uncharted (naughtydog). Visuals are fantastic, fighting and stealth kills are very unique and fun. I will not be surprised if this game wins a tone of goty awards. This is definitely my game of the year. Like I said before it is definitely worth playing for yourself. Expand
  27. Sep 5, 2013
    This is a truly brilliant game. Most of the brilliance comes from the story and the way in which it is told. More brilliance comes from the way you engage with the story through gameplay, and the compelling emotion which the game is able to make you feel the entire way through. You really get to feel what the characters are feeling and you can empathise with their situations.

An often

An often overlooked part of a game is its audio. The Last of Us does a superb job with a fitting score. The audio is also very important gameplay wise as the infected will react to the sounds you are producing, and for the player it is very important to be able to hear when they are coming towards you from around a corner. The quality of the audio is excellent, accompanied with excellent voice actors who really mean what they are saying.

The graphics are also excellent for a current-generation game. The environments are beautiful and if you stop and smell the roses then you will see the amazing amount of detail which they have managed to cram into every area. It really feels like you are in a post-apocalyptic world.

The Last of Us is an experience which you won't forget.
  28. Jun 22, 2013
    Truly a masterpiece. Great single player mode and fantastic online mode.Online mode is so good its addictive.What a way to end the ps3 with a last exclusive.I can see why all critics are giving this game a glowing review.Absolutely wonderful.
  29. Jun 15, 2013
    The Last of Us is a masterpiece. The story is heartwarming and the characters are incredible. Troy Baker and Ashley Johnson are amazing in The Last of Us. The gameplay gives you some amazing AI with intense combat, cool crafting elements and freedom, most areas let you explore to (in most cases) a great extend which will help make the game last longer (which I clocked in 14+ hours on myThe Last of Us is a masterpiece. The story is heartwarming and the characters are incredible. Troy Baker and Ashley Johnson are amazing in The Last of Us. The gameplay gives you some amazing AI with intense combat, cool crafting elements and freedom, most areas let you explore to (in most cases) a great extend which will help make the game last longer (which I clocked in 14+ hours on my first run on hard). The graphics and environments are beautiful and just a sight to look at (and that's not even considering how old the hardware is). The metal system from Uncharted 1 and 2 have returned in the form of 'tags' which extend your replay value as well as many collectibles and hard trophies. You also have the 'survivor' difficulty to handle and lots of cool goodies to play with (like a Jak & Daxter T-shirt for Ellie). There was one point near the end of the game that showed just how powerful the story is that just really touched me so deeply, it was that moment I said I don't care about the minor glitches with the AI, I' am giving this game a 10 out of 10... My first 10/10 (with me giving Uncharted 2 a 9.9)! I have not yet played the multiplayer of the game, but regardless of how good or bad it could be, The Last of Us is the one video game you must absolutely play in your lifetime.

30. Jul 26, 2013
    A masterpiece that redefines what games can accomplish at multiple levels. Excelent storytelling, great mechanics, addictive gameplay and technically the most advanced current gen game.
  31. Jul 8, 2013
    The Last of Us is the best game I've played so far this Year and it the best survival/horror game I've ever played. And I'm not a survival/horror fan, at all.The Last of Us is The Red Dead Redemption of 2013. I haven't seen a movie this year that was as well acted or emotionally gripping as The Last of Us not to mention the outstanding action sequences and genuinely "scary" moments. What aThe Last of Us is the best game I've played so far this Year and it the best survival/horror game I've ever played. And I'm not a survival/horror fan, at all.The Last of Us is The Red Dead Redemption of 2013. I haven't seen a movie this year that was as well acted or emotionally gripping as The Last of Us not to mention the outstanding action sequences and genuinely "scary" moments. What a great game to end the PS3 era with. Masterpiece! and a strong counter point to those who don't consider games to be a relevant art form. Expand
  32. Jun 16, 2013
    This game truly innovates at its own pace, the story is compelling, the graphics are stunning and the game design immerses you in a daunting post apocalyptic future.
  33. Jun 17, 2013
    There isn't much to say about The Last of Us besides the fact that it's a thrill ride that can keep you on the edge of your seat from beginning to end; the premise itself could be said to be a cliched had it not brought an extreme amount of emotion to me throughout the bonding moments between the protagonists; Joel and Ellie. Along with the happiness that could be offered with theirThere isn't much to say about The Last of Us besides the fact that it's a thrill ride that can keep you on the edge of your seat from beginning to end; the premise itself could be said to be a cliched had it not brought an extreme amount of emotion to me throughout the bonding moments between the protagonists; Joel and Ellie. Along with the happiness that could be offered with their conversations tears can also be provoked from the games opening that may possibly be the saddest opening to any story that I have ever seen; this being said about the games beginning the tension and suspense that is felt from the games final moments are also the strong point for The Last of Us while being just as emotional as it's opening moments if not even more. Enough about the games emotional points the key point of the gameplay is to forge to survive and craft your weapons to your best advantage; Naughty Dog succeeds on a larger level than I could have ever though possible after playing through scavenging for tools and scraps to craft several items that are required to complete your journey west, such as shivs, first-aid kits, and even molotov Along with the great crafting system something that constantly plagues games in our modern market is the poor artificial intelligence, but with The Last of Us this will only be a problem for someone who gets upset from being outmaneuvered by a computer controlled bot as this game proves to have AI that works together to find a tactical advantage over the player. In my closing remarks I have to say that The Last of Us is a MUST PLAY game that constantly had me saying out loud "I can't believe this was created by Naughty Dog" due to it's dark tone and unforgiving characters. Stop reading now and buy it full price. Expand
  34. Jul 5, 2013
    Naughty Dog, Inc. through The Last of Us created a world where every punch hurts like hell, every bullet counts and most amazingly, every moment is a blessing because unlike most games, it shows the joys of being alive and how easily one can lose it in a bat of an eye.

The development of the bond between the two main characters Joel and Ellie was realistic that by the end of the game I knew them more than I know my own goddamn family. This is survival genre at it's finest, decisions are as grey as it can be and most of the time you aren't left with much of a choice leading you to flip a coin. It's a harsh, brutal outlook of the world where the only thing that makes you keep going is the simple fact that you aren't alone in this.

The story is not about reaching the final objective, but the journey through which how two strangers with two very different backgrounds move away from constantly looking for the other to backstab to slowly build a father-daughter relationship. In the end, players will ask what is the difference between the right thing to do and something which 'feels right'.

Beautiful game, great visuals, fantastic characters and a fantastically realized harsh but authentic world makes the Last of Us not only the best game I've ever played, but also I never invested so much emotions in any form of entertainment media. It is a masterpiece.

35. Apr 26, 2014
    Masterpiece. Only one word is needed to review this game. It's simply something beautiful, memorable, emotional and incredibly special. Non- PS3 owners shall envy this game and they should. This is certainly a once in a generation experience and while it isn't a game in the most typical sense, it's something games haven't gone before. A game that genuinely will make you cry and neverMasterpiece. Only one word is needed to review this game. It's simply something beautiful, memorable, emotional and incredibly special. Non- PS3 owners shall envy this game and they should. This is certainly a once in a generation experience and while it isn't a game in the most typical sense, it's something games haven't gone before. A game that genuinely will make you cry and never forget some of the disturbing choices you are forced to make. An ending, that sticks with you and will never let go. Please don't miss out on this incredible experience especially if you own the PS3, it could well likely be the best game you've ever experienced. Expand
  36. Jun 21, 2013
    This game is unrivaled in everything it succeeds at... which is everything that it does. Undoubtedly one of the greatest games of this (or any) generation. The PS3's swan song is a testament to what games have become; story-driven epics that bring out all human emotion.

The Last of Us is truly a masterpiece and anyone who says otherwise is fooling themselves.
  37. Jun 16, 2013
    A great game and naughty dog always seems to bring something new to gameplay making slight adjustments without risking too much and it worked. I noticed most people complained about the AI but seriously what game has perfect AI? Its got amazing singleplayer but thats not just all it also has multiplayer for people who like to compete. I think the story was byfar the best naughty dog hasA great game and naughty dog always seems to bring something new to gameplay making slight adjustments without risking too much and it worked. I noticed most people complained about the AI but seriously what game has perfect AI? Its got amazing singleplayer but thats not just all it also has multiplayer for people who like to compete. I think the story was byfar the best naughty dog has ever done and i was so emotionally attached to this game i didn't ever want it to end. Expand
  38. Jun 14, 2013
    The story was soooooo good it got me off my seat. The visuals and details are spot on I could spend hours looking around. The voice acting was awesome. This is one of my contenders for game of the year by far. Good job naughty dog another masterpiece
  39. Sep 9, 2013
    It's a shame that Xbox only gamers can't play this game because it truly deserves game of the year title. The story is an emotional, most dramatic struggle to escort a young girl across the dangerous wasteland to safety. It's a game that adult gamers like me are always looking for, yet they are so few an far in between. Combat is tough with very little room for mistakes. Some might beIt's a shame that Xbox only gamers can't play this game because it truly deserves game of the year title. The story is an emotional, most dramatic struggle to escort a young girl across the dangerous wasteland to safety. It's a game that adult gamers like me are always looking for, yet they are so few an far in between. Combat is tough with very little room for mistakes. Some might be turned off by this who would rather play games that allows them to sustain massive amount of damage, but I believe in a genre game like this, the combat fits in perfectly. Naughty Dog was already the masters of great graphics, but this game really tops everything they've done so far from the graphics, texture and lighting, it's all marvelous. I don't do multiplayer, so I can't comment on that aspect. But basing the score on single player alone...it's an easy ten. Expand
  40. Jul 2, 2013
    The saying saving it's best for last has never seemed more appropriate. The PS3 may very well have waited until it's dying embers before unleashing arguably it's greatest game upon us. I knew this game would be good. Let's be honest, you don't make Uncharted games and not give us a decent game but I wasn't prepared for this. The Last of Us is astonishingly amazing. It might turn out to beThe saying saving it's best for last has never seemed more appropriate. The PS3 may very well have waited until it's dying embers before unleashing arguably it's greatest game upon us. I knew this game would be good. Let's be honest, you don't make Uncharted games and not give us a decent game but I wasn't prepared for this. The Last of Us is astonishingly amazing. It might turn out to be the game that defines the PS3. It's extraordinary!! Any PS3 owner who doesn't own this doesn't deserve to have the console. It's a masterpiece from start to finish. The game follows the journey of Joel and Ellie, who travel across a post-apocalyptic America in 2033 following the outbreak of a mutant cordyceps as they seek The Fireflies, a resistance group who believe Ellie has the cure to save the world. The story is captivating and an emotional tour-de-force throughout. Never has a game touched me so much as this. Its full of emotional highs and lows where every decision has a consequence as you battle zombie-like infected mutants, bandits and cannibals as you battle across a savaged USA. The setting is actually stunning. The post-apocalyptic America is mesmerising and so authentic. Naughty Dog really have raised the bar once again. The scenery is beautiful. And graphically, this is as good as it gets. It's frightening to think what Naughty Dog will have instore with next gen. The gameplay is near flawless. Much like Uncharted but more free flowing. The environments really play a vital part and the stealth aspect was a splendid inclusion. It really makes you as the gamer in charge of the method you wish to complete the game because enemies react differently depending on your approach. Your also able to craft weapons during the game which again is genius! The story is where The Last of Us is truly exceptional. It's such a rewarding and exhilarating experience. Right from the tragic beginning to the contentious ending. It's an unforgettable game The journey and the experience alone are awesome. You feel part of Joel and Ellie's story. And there relationship is at the heart of the story. It blossoms beautifully throughout. In conclusion this could well be the ultimate game available. In terms of an all round package, it's unmissable. It showcases exactly what the PS3 does best. And at it's very best. The Last of Us is not only n imperative purchase for any PS3 owner but the must have game of the year! Expand
  41. Jun 30, 2013
    I have to say more of the same. The Last of Us is not only this best, the most important game of THIS generation. It is, probably, one of the best, most important gaming experiences ever conceived. I don't know where to start, honestly. So I will use this review just to say one thing: if you care about games, if you play them, if games are something you take seriously, I BEG you don't missI have to say more of the same. The Last of Us is not only this best, the most important game of THIS generation. It is, probably, one of the best, most important gaming experiences ever conceived. I don't know where to start, honestly. So I will use this review just to say one thing: if you care about games, if you play them, if games are something you take seriously, I BEG you don't miss this one out. I don't need to talk about graphics, text, voice acting, gameplay etc etc. The videos and reviews are all praising all those things. What I will say is that never before had I such a deep, emotional, haunting experience. It got me thrilled, excited, sad, juggling laughter and tears in equal portions. This is more than a game. It's the perfect film, the perfect book, the perfect song. And, call me crazy, a beautiful memory as well. I will never forget this game. Expand
  42. Jul 8, 2013
    This is honestly the greatest game I have ever played sure there are a few 'slight' glitches and moments you're reminded that it is 'just a game', but the fact that your brain needs to be reminded of this just goes to show how enthralling it really is. I don't think I've ever been more emotionally invested in a story than I was in this game, even on a second playthrough when I knew whatThis is honestly the greatest game I have ever played sure there are a few 'slight' glitches and moments you're reminded that it is 'just a game', but the fact that your brain needs to be reminded of this just goes to show how enthralling it really is. I don't think I've ever been more emotionally invested in a story than I was in this game, even on a second playthrough when I knew what was coming, it still got me right in the feels.

As far as gameplay goes don't expect call of duty. This is predominantly a stealth game, and this is where it shines approaching each situation cautiously and planning your every move with the limited supplies you have is the way the game was meant to be played, and when you know you only have 3 bullets and 5 enemies to take out, things can get really tense as a slight slip up will leave you sprinting desparately for cover when you're spotted and bandits open fire, or you hear the dreaded screech of a stalker in the sewers beginning his charge.

Live this game, invest yourself in it and you will love it. Since completing this game I haven't actually been able to get into any other new games, they just feel so shallow and pointless now... This game will stay with me for a LONG time.
  43. Jun 17, 2013
    I would give this game a 12 if I had the chance. i never played a game that moved me like this game in 25 years of gaming. Such a mature game which hits at all spots..graphics, animations, characters, storytelling, emotional impact. Just unbelievable this is possible on a 7 year old machine.
    I can not understand how you could rate this less than a 10. Anyone rating this low simply didn't understand it or likes to hate/is a fan-boy.
  44. Sep 12, 2013
    One of the best games of all time, definitely in Top 10 at least. I bought my PS3 for this game (and with the added bonus of other great games of course).
  45. Jun 14, 2013
    The Last Of Us is officially the best game I have ever played. The story is outstanding and brilliant the moment the game starts it hooks you in with the magnificent story. Naughty dog has done an absolute outstanding job with this game and it shows through out the game. The graphics is brilliant and stunning in beauty. The Game play is brilliant the best game play i have ever seen in aThe Last Of Us is officially the best game I have ever played. The story is outstanding and brilliant the moment the game starts it hooks you in with the magnificent story. Naughty dog has done an absolute outstanding job with this game and it shows through out the game. The graphics is brilliant and stunning in beauty. The Game play is brilliant the best game play i have ever seen in a game and the controls is extremely smooth and easy to learn. If you have played all 3 uncharted games and thought they were good wait until you play the last of us you will not be disappointed.The last of us is the game to beat for game the year. If you loved uncharted I recommend strongly you play the last of us it will leave you hooked and glued to your TV screen for hours upon hours. I f you have an Xbox 360 trade it in get a PS3 and play this game no Xbox game will ever be as good as the last of us. If naughty dog created such and amazing game that even the critics have given it top scores I cannot wait to see what naughty dog has in store for us in the future. Expand
  46. Aug 28, 2013
    This game is as close to perfect as any game to date. The story is compelling and a tension unmatched in any other zombie games. I am normally bored by stealth games but the threat of immediate death makes you creep like you've never crept before. Light moments also release the pressure and give your pulse a chance to go down. I sold this game as soon as I completed it as I didn't want toThis game is as close to perfect as any game to date. The story is compelling and a tension unmatched in any other zombie games. I am normally bored by stealth games but the threat of immediate death makes you creep like you've never crept before. Light moments also release the pressure and give your pulse a chance to go down. I sold this game as soon as I completed it as I didn't want to taint the story. Loved this game, bring on a new story in a sequel. Expand
  47. Feb 28, 2014
    This is an Epic survival zombie game with a great story that takes place in a post-apocalyptic world with nice detailed scenery. The stealthing is smooth and gun (or bow!) -slinging feels proper. I really like that there is a natural dialogue between the characters as you play through the game. It has a good gameplay design, but one thing I didn't like about it is that you upgrade yourThis is an Epic survival zombie game with a great story that takes place in a post-apocalyptic world with nice detailed scenery. The stealthing is smooth and gun (or bow!) -slinging feels proper. I really like that there is a natural dialogue between the characters as you play through the game. It has a good gameplay design, but one thing I didn't like about it is that you upgrade your weapons. I have grown a bit tired of all the unlocks and leveling up in games these days, but its a minor detail here. Playing this title is an experience and it is one of my favourite games of ALL times! Expand
  48. Jun 17, 2013
    Ok... in the past I have given games 10. After playing this game, I realize I have to go back and take all of the 10s back and give them 7s, 8s, or 9s at best. This game isn't perfect, but it is close. I was fully engrossed in every aspect of the game. Story. Characters. Beautiful graphics. Environment. AMAZING emotion and heart! Anyone giving this game a low score is a fan boy of otherOk... in the past I have given games 10. After playing this game, I realize I have to go back and take all of the 10s back and give them 7s, 8s, or 9s at best. This game isn't perfect, but it is close. I was fully engrossed in every aspect of the game. Story. Characters. Beautiful graphics. Environment. AMAZING emotion and heart! Anyone giving this game a low score is a fan boy of other systems and are just mad that they don't have a PS3. This game is worth the price of a PS3 alone, even right before the release of the PS4. I immediately started it again once I finished it. I have NEVER done that before. I am now declaring this as my favorite game of all time. Sorry RE4 and Bioshock. Expand
  49. Jun 19, 2013
    I am speechless, absolutely flawless. What an experience! This is some milestone type of game for the video game industry right there. Naughty Dog really over got over themselves. Imagine what they can do with the Playstation 4, can't wait!
  50. Jun 14, 2013
    I will mention only graphic here. While the graphic slowdown and jaggies occasionally happen, its just a reminder of how old PS3 is, not the lag of talent of Naught Dog team. The lighting and shadow casting are the best in games. But the most important thing is this game had presences the most beautiful apocalypse world ever made. Developers had taken great care on building every detail ofI will mention only graphic here. While the graphic slowdown and jaggies occasionally happen, its just a reminder of how old PS3 is, not the lag of talent of Naught Dog team. The lighting and shadow casting are the best in games. But the most important thing is this game had presences the most beautiful apocalypse world ever made. Developers had taken great care on building every detail of the whole city to the smallest detail. The roads, trees, toys, books, posters and everything had been crafted and destructed perfectly to make you believe. Just travelling around the game is worth $60. I can't hardly wait to see this game and more Naughty Dog's games on PS4. Expand
  51. Nov 8, 2013
    One of the best games ever from a story and character development standpoint. People saying this is just a movie? Sure it has 3 hours of cut-scenes, but 10-13 hours of gameplay. This story is so gripping, no other game has made you feel so attached to the characters. This is a masterpiece.
  52. Sep 11, 2013
    The Last of Us can easily be, in my opinion, the best PS3 game that Sony has ever released. Naughty Dog's contribution to this gen console is above and beyond your basic third person action game. The world they've created with the Last of Us is believable as well as tense. Within the first five minutes you feel for Joel as this pandemic hits him especially hard and the game uses the momentThe Last of Us can easily be, in my opinion, the best PS3 game that Sony has ever released. Naughty Dog's contribution to this gen console is above and beyond your basic third person action game. The world they've created with the Last of Us is believable as well as tense. Within the first five minutes you feel for Joel as this pandemic hits him especially hard and the game uses the moment to tug at your emotions to where you want to put yourself in its place. The game is taut, filled with suspense, and makes you think of what people will actually do to survive day by day and you ask yourself, what if this was me. If you haven't played this game yet you are missing out on one of the best experiences that the PlayStation 3 has to offer. If you do not have a PS3 then buy one, because this game will not let you down. Expand
  53. Jun 23, 2013
    A perfect 10! What else needs to be said about this masterpiece...This is the first game that had such an emotional impact on me that I found myself tear up twice throughout the campaign. If you want to see what a team at the absolute top of their game can produce check out Naughty Dog's masterwork. It's probably the most amazing game of this entire generation. Multiplayer is a nice mixA perfect 10! What else needs to be said about this masterpiece...This is the first game that had such an emotional impact on me that I found myself tear up twice throughout the campaign. If you want to see what a team at the absolute top of their game can produce check out Naughty Dog's masterwork. It's probably the most amazing game of this entire generation. Multiplayer is a nice mix of uncharted and gears of war and is extremely fun to play. One of the best new franchises in years and a true model of why games are an art form. Expand
  54. Dec 30, 2013
    We are now within the final years of the PS3, and Naughty Dog decided to make them the finest. It's like they took "Uncharted", "Resistance" and "Heavy Rain" together, and made what we call "The Last of Us". I'm no fan of horror games, so I don't know how their supposed to be in general, but to me this game was very scary. The stealth sections just intensify that fear; so much that I feelWe are now within the final years of the PS3, and Naughty Dog decided to make them the finest. It's like they took "Uncharted", "Resistance" and "Heavy Rain" together, and made what we call "The Last of Us". I'm no fan of horror games, so I don't know how their supposed to be in general, but to me this game was very scary. The stealth sections just intensify that fear; so much that I feel like going guns blazing to get over it. And while you can go gun blazing, it has its costs: you put yourself and other allies at greater risk, and you end up wasting ammo. Speaking of ammo, you really must conserve as you can't carry much, and finding ammo is rare. And when you do find it, it's not much. So use your guns as a FINAL RESORT. And no rechargeable health here either; it's back to finding medkits. And even though you can carry medkits, using them will leave you vulnerable.

Now onto the story. It is one of the greatest and most personal stories ever written. This isn't about the disease, or mankind. It's about Joel and Ellie. They are very human and you'll want to see how their relationship develops over the course of the story. Not spoiling anything, but let's just say that there are times that will make you say, "Would I have done that?"

As for online, it's quite fun. You really need teamwork. And no gun-blazing or rechargeable health either. Leave you Call of Duty attitude at the door, and you'll do well.

Games like these tell us not to abandon the PS3 yet. And if you don't have a PS3, now is the time. So what if it's 7 years old? That just means you have seven years worth of epic games in its library, and "The Last of Us" is one of them.
  55. Jun 23, 2013
    Games that take place in a post-apocalyptic world and games about zombies are pretty common these days. It may be easy to write off The Last of Us as another zombie apocalypse game but it is much more than that. The story revolves around the outbreak of a mysterious fungus that infects humans and turns them into violent zombies (called the “Infected” but same premise). The pandemic hasGames that take place in a post-apocalyptic world and games about zombies are pretty common these days. It may be easy to write off The Last of Us as another zombie apocalypse game but it is much more than that. The story revolves around the outbreak of a mysterious fungus that infects humans and turns them into violent zombies (called the “Infected” but same premise). The pandemic has resulted in the decimation of humanity as we know it. Twenty years after the outbreak, civilized society has deteriorated and the world has become a dangerous place. Various zombies stalk the land and threaten all living beings. The few remaining humans are forced to choose between being imprisoned into militarized quarantine zones for safety or live on the outside and fight for their survival by any means necessary. There are no morals in this world. As Joel, your job will be to survive the chaotic world and escort a young girl name Ellie to a group of rebels. (Luckily, Ellie is not the typical escort victim and almost always takes care of herself and even helps Joel.) The two make an odd pair but the evolution of their bond is one of the most captivating things about the game. The story, delivered by some fantastic voice actors and cinematic cut-scenes, paints a ruthless future for mankind. Due to the nature of the world, the gameplay revolves around the concept of survival. It is an unforgiving world and you will need to fight strategically if you want to live. Supplies are scare and dangers are plentiful. This is one a game where "run and gun" rarely works and stealth plays a very important role. The combat is tense and unforgiving at first, but you will be eased into it in the early stages. It is a satisfying experience once you get the hang of it. A notable aspect of combat is that enemies are completely oblivious to your companions when they run within enemy sight or make audible noise. This was a development design to prevent frustrations from poor AI, though it does hurt the immersion a bit. Visually, the game is arguably one of the best looking console games ever made and is complimented by a minimalistic but atmospheric soundtrack. Exploring the beautiful, decayed world reveals the stories of a once thriving population now on the brink of extinction. There are some minor graphical glitches and a few rare instances of missing sound effects, but these flaws are easily ignorable. Taken as a whole, the game paints a brutally honest and realistic post-apocalyptic future for mankind. It is an engrossing adventure and one where you will feel a range of emotions. From the chaotic introduction to the dark ending, The Last of Us draws you in and sends you on a brutal, thought provoking adventure that leaves its mark on the player. Expand
  56. Feb 13, 2014
    The Last of Us is an achievement in gaming, not just in 2013, but all time. It is also a perfect way to bookend this generation of gaming. The Last of Us has one of the most engaging story I have ever experienced in a game. Not because its really original, but because how well executed it is. From the voice acting, motion capture, score, to the beautiful graphics, it all pulls you in rightThe Last of Us is an achievement in gaming, not just in 2013, but all time. It is also a perfect way to bookend this generation of gaming. The Last of Us has one of the most engaging story I have ever experienced in a game. Not because its really original, but because how well executed it is. From the voice acting, motion capture, score, to the beautiful graphics, it all pulls you in right from the first shot. Game-play-wise it is a strategic stealth/action game that has some of the most brutal action I've seen in any form of entertainment. If you own a PS3 you need to play The Last of Us. You owe it to yourself to play the PS3's crowning jewel! Expand
  57. Jul 2, 2013
    Before the release of The Last of Us, Naughty Dog expressed their focus with the game: Narrative and emotion. These two things are arguably the weakest overall aspects of games on the market, and this issue has been addressed and the bar set. The characters are full of depth and realism, and you deeply care for them by the end. You are emotionally connected to these characters. When aBefore the release of The Last of Us, Naughty Dog expressed their focus with the game: Narrative and emotion. These two things are arguably the weakest overall aspects of games on the market, and this issue has been addressed and the bar set. The characters are full of depth and realism, and you deeply care for them by the end. You are emotionally connected to these characters. When a person is emotionally invested in something, every aspect about it is highlighted or emphasized in some way. The gameplay is slow, but perfect. Combat is brutal and heavy. Every shot, punch, and swing of the bat feels satisfying. The stealth is largely basic, but any other editions would have felt contrived. The multiplayer is amazing as well. Similar in pace to the singleplayer, small teams allow for strategic play and refreshing competitive competition. You'll be hoping that the future DLC will add on to the somewhat slim experience. For some time now, many others have tried to do what Naughty Dog has done, but have failed. They've sacrificed interesting gameplay for a strong narrative. These games are not balanced, and split their audience. The Last of Us hits this balance perfectly. It's refreshing to see a game succeed in every objective it set out to do. You won't forget this classic game anytime soon. One of the generation's greats. Expand
  58. Sep 21, 2013
    One of the best games available for the PS3. Big on story that draws you in. I expected a Resident Evil type of gameplay taking down hoards of undead but you actually wind up killing about 50x more people. It's a bit depressing, as almost every human encounter turns for the worse having humanity show it's dark side. It does make the story all the more compelling however. It will have youOne of the best games available for the PS3. Big on story that draws you in. I expected a Resident Evil type of gameplay taking down hoards of undead but you actually wind up killing about 50x more people. It's a bit depressing, as almost every human encounter turns for the worse having humanity show it's dark side. It does make the story all the more compelling however. It will have you on the edge of your seat all the way through. I thought I knew how the game would end, but I was surprised. Completed the game in ~14 hours. Expand
  59. Jul 27, 2013
    Whilst some may find the 10/10 surrounding thus game hyperbole, and they are in some ways correct it is still very deserving of its 10 nonetheless. There are hundreds of other user reviews on here but what I want to deliver is my critique of the game and what despite this being a masterpiece could have had significant improvement.

So The Last Of Us at first appears a typical

So The Last Of Us at first appears a typical post-apocalyptic zombie story with all the tropes to prove it, burning buildings, panic and quarantine zones. But at the heart of the story is something more profound a story that in its trope filled plot has a deeper vein that tells an altogether more important story than anything before it in this medium. It is a narrative that from its first 15 minute intro engrosses the player into the game and has you controlling events that would usually be relegated to the work of only the CG. These 15 minutes are poignant, poetic and thought provoking just as the final 15 minutes of the game are too this story is about humanity's decline from what once was and most of all the relationships that form in these situations, those who have never known anything outside of this 'dying' world. Though the word 'dying' might not quite fit. Building structures appear heavily damaged cars ravaged by nature and yet without spoiling the plot nature continues to live on past the remnants of humanity's previous luxuries.

But whilst the story does all these things there are certain immersion breaking moments that can take you completely out of it in gameplay. The gameplay can at times feel frustrating with the occasional check point that spawns you right in the middle of combat being shot at or the loud footsteps of Ellie as you stealth kill a clicker. Whilst these aren't completely game breaking they are issues that could have been addressed. Of course the gameplay for the most part has some of the best survival gameplay of any game so far and there are certain areas in the game that are scarier than the last 3 RE games. This is survival as you craft together the items you need in real time, change weapons in real time and bandage yourself up in real time. The real time (seeing how many times I can say it in a couple of sentences!) elements are extremely effective and give a sense of panic as your pistol runs out of ammo and you need to switch gun but the enemy is coming straight at you, it means deep, tactical combat both in multiplayer and in single player as you find the right time to craft items or change weapons for certain situations.

Another issue for some might be the pacing. The game is split into chapters which are then split into 4 distinct sections Autumn, Winter, Spring and Summer. However the first section of the game is undoubtedly the slowest. It starts off at an extremely fast pace with many plot elements but towards the middle of this initial section it might feel too slow for some despite being at a nice steady pace which allows for characterisation and development. From here on in the game picks up the pace in more short and distinct sections that allow the player to still explore but also throws in more unique situations for the player to deal with.

Finally the AI from the game is a bit strange because although for the most part it is seemingly quite intelligent there are certain parts of the game where you will wonder why the AI performs a specific action, though these are rare they can be frustrating to see. Although hardly happening to me the friendly AI occasionally shot in sections when I wanted to stealth the enemies and it lead to disaster in a situation that could altogether have been avoided. Although again there was only two occurrences with this it is worth noting still. Also enemies will occasionally see a body and not even question its presence there and at other times are so smart they can deduct your position like they are using a GPS.

In conclusion the Last Of Us then is a Masterpiece but not one without some issues as Uncharted, Mass Effect, Ocarina of time and other greats are not without their issues, The Last Of Us stands as one of the best games of the last 7 years (this console generation) and deserves its time at the top of the charts and its critical acclaim. It is a game which undoubtedly cements Naughty Dog as one of the best AAA development houses in the world, and one of the biggest assets Sony has acquired in the last decade.

Gameplay 9.6
    Sound 10
    Story/Plot: 10
    Lasting Appeal: 10
    Presentation: 10

Overall: 10/10 Masterpiece, If you have a PS3 you owe it to yourself to try this out even if it isn't your cup of tea!
  60. Jun 21, 2013
    "The Last of Us" is a crowning masterpiece. Some of the most incredible story telling I've ever seen. Unlike anything I've ever experienced in a video game. With a "No Country For Old Men" & "I Am Legend" like feel to it, but mostly something entirely of it's own. With this post apocalyptic setting, you will travel with Joel & Ellie through one hell of a crazy, intense & emotional journey,"The Last of Us" is a crowning masterpiece. Some of the most incredible story telling I've ever seen. Unlike anything I've ever experienced in a video game. With a "No Country For Old Men" & "I Am Legend" like feel to it, but mostly something entirely of it's own. With this post apocalyptic setting, you will travel with Joel & Ellie through one hell of a crazy, intense & emotional journey, as these two characters fight & struggle to survive this impossible, terrifying world, and will build, over time, a stronger bond together because of it. You have NEVER experienced anything like this before. Trust me. If you have a PlayStation 3 The Last of Us must NOT be missed. Hell, if you don't have a PS3 already BUY a PS3 just for this game. That's money you won't regret spending, and THAT is a guarantee. Expand
  61. Jul 28, 2013
    The Last of Us is a beautiful, emotional tale that remains resonant in and out of gameplay, in and out of cutscenes, whether you're shooting cordiceps or humans, and whether you're scavenging for ammo and medkits or exploring to learn more about the world. The game also has the advantage of being Triple-A funded, so the producttion values are incredible, too. Beautiful graphics, visceralThe Last of Us is a beautiful, emotional tale that remains resonant in and out of gameplay, in and out of cutscenes, whether you're shooting cordiceps or humans, and whether you're scavenging for ammo and medkits or exploring to learn more about the world. The game also has the advantage of being Triple-A funded, so the producttion values are incredible, too. Beautiful graphics, visceral and brutal gameplay, fantastic mo-cap acting, and an emotional narrative make this game hard to fault. Expand
  62. Jun 29, 2013
    Amazing game. Awesome story, awesome gameplay, awesome atmosphere. This is one of the very few games that has actually made me care for the characters. I was very happy with the ending of this game, it may not be as good as Bioshock Infinite's ending, but I was happy with it.
  63. Jun 29, 2013
    This is the best gaming experience of this generation. If you haven't played or beaten The Last of Us, what are you waiting for. I can't even say anything, it's just brilliant all over it.
  64. Jun 27, 2013
    One of the best games I have ever played on the PS3 system! I played the game on "hard" setting and the game gave me a great challenge! The gameplay was very well balanced, I was forced to think before shooting and had to use different strategies to complete the goals set by the game designers! With the great gameplay the player also gets treated with a great story, amazingly wellOne of the best games I have ever played on the PS3 system! I played the game on "hard" setting and the game gave me a great challenge! The gameplay was very well balanced, I was forced to think before shooting and had to use different strategies to complete the goals set by the game designers! With the great gameplay the player also gets treated with a great story, amazingly well developed characters and best cut scenes seen on the ps3 to date! Expand
  65. Jul 31, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This game is definitely worth playing. Although some things bugged me about it (friendly AI when using stealth & some design flaws) the story and intensity during game play made it whole. I want to keep the score high so I'll give it a 10, but it gets a 9.5/10 from me. Expand
  66. Jul 17, 2013
    Although I'm guilty of dishing out a few 10/10's (MGS4, Uncharted 2, GTA4), if there is any title in the last few decades that truly deserves a 10, it's The Last Of Us. Yes, it's fluid mechanics, gorgeous graphics, flawless presentation and dynamic voice acting will have you in awe of what Naughty Dog has pulled off. What really sets it apart from the pack is how this game makes you feel.Although I'm guilty of dishing out a few 10/10's (MGS4, Uncharted 2, GTA4), if there is any title in the last few decades that truly deserves a 10, it's The Last Of Us. Yes, it's fluid mechanics, gorgeous graphics, flawless presentation and dynamic voice acting will have you in awe of what Naughty Dog has pulled off. What really sets it apart from the pack is how this game makes you feel. The spectrum of emotions I felt were unlike any other game I've played in my 25+ years of gaming, and marked the first time I stopped a game to check in with myself emotionally (heart racing and on the verge of tears). I had no idea that a video game could evoke such an array of real emotions (along with having a blast). For this alone I will forever be a Naughty Dog junkie and purchase whatever they spit out. They are easily the developers of the decade and this is easily the game of the year, quite possibly the game of an era. Expand
  67. Jun 14, 2013
    Truly a masterpiece!! This game gives me great hope where games can go from here,having played most games you fear "been there done that" not with The Last Of Us. Naughty dog have shown what great developers they are with Uncharted series,but with this game they have stepped into legendary category and Sony's flagship developers. Amazing game with great graphics (probably best looking gameTruly a masterpiece!! This game gives me great hope where games can go from here,having played most games you fear "been there done that" not with The Last Of Us. Naughty dog have shown what great developers they are with Uncharted series,but with this game they have stepped into legendary category and Sony's flagship developers. Amazing game with great graphics (probably best looking game on ps3) and a great story arc. The story is the games real strength and how it emotionally draws you in,then throw in suspenseful set pieces with a gritty world and action violence and you've got a gem,and that's what Naughty Dog has given us,probably the ps3 last exclusive gem. Simply put YOU MUST BUY THIS GAME. Expand
  68. Jun 21, 2013
    I was apprehensive about exactly how "amazing" the game would be because I was let down the last time I played a game with as much hype surrounding it as this one. The Last of Us met and exceeded the high expectations I had for it. Gameplay, visuals, and story were all superb. Not one to miss.
  69. Jul 17, 2013
    I've waited a long time for games to reach this level of maturity in story telling, which is the number one reason this gets a 10 from me. Outstanding character development, script, story and heartbreakingly natural character animations. This brings cinematic gaming storytelling toe to toe with some of the best feature films out there. Match that with Naughty Dogs ability to createI've waited a long time for games to reach this level of maturity in story telling, which is the number one reason this gets a 10 from me. Outstanding character development, script, story and heartbreakingly natural character animations. This brings cinematic gaming storytelling toe to toe with some of the best feature films out there. Match that with Naughty Dogs ability to create visually gorgeous games and a fine tuned survival horror game play experience, The Last of Us deserves a solid 10. Truly a masterpiece. Expand
  70. Jun 23, 2013
    After playing games on every system since Atari, this will go down as my favorite game of all time. This isn't a mindless action packed shoot em' up game. It plays more like Metal Gear Solid Splinter Cell, where you're forced to stealth around to take out your enemies individually rather then go guns blazing. If you don't strategize your approach, you'll surely die. The ammo and weaponsAfter playing games on every system since Atari, this will go down as my favorite game of all time. This isn't a mindless action packed shoot em' up game. It plays more like Metal Gear Solid Splinter Cell, where you're forced to stealth around to take out your enemies individually rather then go guns blazing. If you don't strategize your approach, you'll surely die. The ammo and weapons you have are limited, so you have to play smart. I only played on normal, and I plan to replay it on survival mode where the supplies are even further limited.

This game is also scary. It kind of brings me back to what Resident Evil used to be. All about survival, and being scared to explore new rooms. The zombies are referred to as infected, and they're not your traditional zombies (dead coming back to life and you have to kill the brain). They are more like zombies from 28 Days Later. Just regular humans who get a disease and turn crazy in a matter of minutes. Also, the infected have different phases (based on how long they've been infected), which allows for a variety in characteristics and different means of dispatching. Nothing worse than getting the attention of one infected who wakes up all their nearby friends. You can go from focused to panic in a matter of seconds.

The game play and feel of the game is a good blend between MGS and Resident Evil (both in my top 10), which I already stated. But what really puts this game over the top for me are two things: the lack of repetition in the fight sequences and the best story telling ever made in a video game. First, I say lack of repetition because every fight scene feels unique. Your environment plays a huge part on how you kill enemies, and there's not a single piece of landscape, building, or road that is reused. Also, you have so many different means of killing enemies using firearms, bow and arrows, smoke grenades, make-shift bombs, molotov knives, blunt objects, choke holds or hand-to-hand combat. Second, the best story telling every! I've never felt so invested in two video game characters than Joel and Ellie. The actors they casted for the voices did an amazing job. Also the dialogue between all the characters felt so genuine. Most of the story telling were done with cut scenes, but how they depicted the movement, gestures and facial expressions of these characters, on top of the incredible voice acting, made everything feel real. Sometimes I forgot I was playing a video game.

Best game ever. I can't wait to play it again!
  71. Jun 14, 2013
    i am amazed at Sony for putting out a must own masterpiece at the end of every console cycle. The PS2 had God of War 2 and now PS3 has The Last of Us. I felt i was in a post apocalyptic world and that doom was right around the corner at every moment. The thrills and scares in this game are perfect, the graphics are mind blowing, and the acting and story just rival block buster movies toi am amazed at Sony for putting out a must own masterpiece at the end of every console cycle. The PS2 had God of War 2 and now PS3 has The Last of Us. I felt i was in a post apocalyptic world and that doom was right around the corner at every moment. The thrills and scares in this game are perfect, the graphics are mind blowing, and the acting and story just rival block buster movies to perfection. Please get this game ASAP and shame on the pathetic nintendo and xbot fanboys spreading hate on the reviews to lower the score... it is so stupid when everyone knows the last of us eclipses any crap from the other consoles Expand
  72. Jun 23, 2013
    Amazing game no flaws what so ever, the story is great but the true jewel in the game are the characters of Joel and Ellie. Multiplayer has a great concept but it's really an absurd one way win almost all the time. There is no opportunity to play solo this game type is forcefully team based and if your own team decides to go each on their own you're in for a bitter match, this isn't callAmazing game no flaws what so ever, the story is great but the true jewel in the game are the characters of Joel and Ellie. Multiplayer has a great concept but it's really an absurd one way win almost all the time. There is no opportunity to play solo this game type is forcefully team based and if your own team decides to go each on their own you're in for a bitter match, this isn't call of duty. Anyway this game isn't really about multiplayer, it has tons of replay value and without a doubt one of the best games of this generation. Expand
  73. Jun 25, 2013
    I've enjoyed Naughty Dog's previous games. I figured that I would end up enjoying The Last of Us because of the previous experiences that I have had, and I was not disappointed. This is the greatest game I have ever played, and it is now my favorite game of all time. I love this game and I couldn't help enjoying every minute of it, the amazing story-line, the characters, the game-play, andI've enjoyed Naughty Dog's previous games. I figured that I would end up enjoying The Last of Us because of the previous experiences that I have had, and I was not disappointed. This is the greatest game I have ever played, and it is now my favorite game of all time. I love this game and I couldn't help enjoying every minute of it, the amazing story-line, the characters, the game-play, and even the multiplayer. It''s an all around amazing experience that should not be passed up. Expand
  74. Jun 29, 2013
    TLOU=The Citizens Kane of Gaming
    No other game has grasped me like TLOU has, TLOU is a game for the ages and one that has redefined an era of gaming.
    -Characters: The characters in this game are very well written and deep especially Joel and Ellie. The constant chatter between the two makes for some of the best dialogue. -Graphics: The game looks beautiful and is the messiah of console
    TLOU=The Citizens Kane of Gaming
    -Graphics: The game looks beautiful and is the messiah of console graphics
    -Pacing: the pacing is fantastic because of how varied the gameplay is, you can shoot your way through or stealth kill through.
    -Verdict: The GOAT!!!!!!!
  75. Jun 21, 2013
    Excellent gaming experience, and I hope they don't explore Ellie's and Joel's relationship in any post ending DLC because the ending was phenomenal. Very slight texture problems in the distance but I don't blame Naughty Dog its still beautiful
  76. Jun 15, 2013
    Look, without spoiling anything, I will just say this: The Last of Us is one of the best games of all time, no exaggeration. If you're a (real) gamer you will enjoy this. I don't recommend for those that don't pay attention to stories though, because Story is the best thing about this game. Buy this masterpiece!
  77. Jun 15, 2013
    Let's see... Do you like story-driven games with immersive voice acting/cut-scenes and great gameplay? If yes, then this game is for you. The Last of Us is one of the best games this gen and I recommend to every (real) gamer out there. Have fun!
  78. Jun 23, 2013
    I for one, thought that this game was everything I expected it to be. It doesn't matter how good something is, there are those who will find fault with anything. For those complaining about the graphics- what the Hell were you playing it on? I thought it had excellent graphics. The story was well written and the characters were all hardened by their surroundings, but still managed to showI for one, thought that this game was everything I expected it to be. It doesn't matter how good something is, there are those who will find fault with anything. For those complaining about the graphics- what the Hell were you playing it on? I thought it had excellent graphics. The story was well written and the characters were all hardened by their surroundings, but still managed to show the kind of emotion void in survival games. The problem with gaming is everyone has been spoiled with games that cater to the run and gun style. When games come along that actually make you slow down, and have to make a choice with limited ammo, limited resources, and limited options, it seems either some cannot grasp this concept and or they adapt. Just like real life. No game is true to life, especially military shooters. Being a former Marine, I play some of these but find myself amused by the comments of some gamers make in regards to "if they were in that situation". Funny. I really found the pace of The Last of Us to be somewhat truer to form if things were catastrophic. I have played alot of games, and truly have to say that this is one of the best games I have ever played. I felt that Naughty Dog really captured the moments that were important very well. There were parts of the game that made you feel the torment of the character, and parts that made you want to kill. I play both Xbox and PS3, and I really and truly have to say that Naughty Dog has made another epic game that I can only find on my PS3, which has become the norm. If you truly love gaming, not just running around like an idiot, enjoy a game with depth and story, want more than the "typical" game that has been offered up as of late, then I highly recommend this game for you. If not, then expand your mind a little. Their are moments in this game that would make most feel sad or moved somewhat. It was nice to feel something for the characters and seeing their torment and very few highs in a desolate world I really hope that more developers will push themselves the way this company has to make a superior product. Their is no excuse in 2013 for some of the crap being put out. This game should be a benchmark for what can be done if certain elements are combined. Making a survival game that clearly stands above others (Walking Dead was great as well) Naughty Dog proved that making a great game with all the aspects in the survival genre could be done. Expand
  79. Jun 17, 2013
    Boy was I wrong in my initial review. This is by far the most stunning game I have ever played. Yes the game at times gets very repetitive (look for things sneak around repeat) and graphics (not design) are a bit outdated but can't really score it low because the level design, characters and game are just the best. I love how the characters emotions grow and change throughout the game.Boy was I wrong in my initial review. This is by far the most stunning game I have ever played. Yes the game at times gets very repetitive (look for things sneak around repeat) and graphics (not design) are a bit outdated but can't really score it low because the level design, characters and game are just the best. I love how the characters emotions grow and change throughout the game.

I really hope naughty dog work a bit harder on the game play next time and change it up so it isn't just about looking for materials for crafting and sneaking around. Otherwise the game is perfect. Best PS3 game by far. I thought Uncharted 2 would be my fond memory of my ps3 but The Last of Us gives us an amazing farewell to the current generation of consoles.
  80. Jul 19, 2013
    EXTRAORDINÁRIO! Até hoje um dos melhores jogos que tive o privilégio de jogar, um inicio emocionante, enredo espetacular e final surpreendente.Controle do jogo muito bom, onde em diversas situações preciso ter paciência para realizar uma ação.Gráficos até então não visto em qualquer jogo lançado para esta geração, confirmando que o jogo utilizou todos os recursos possíveis doEXTRAORDINÁRIO! Até hoje um dos melhores jogos que tive o privilégio de jogar, um inicio emocionante, enredo espetacular e final surpreendente.Controle do jogo muito bom, onde em diversas situações preciso ter paciência para realizar uma ação.Gráficos até então não visto em qualquer jogo lançado para esta geração, confirmando que o jogo utilizou todos os recursos possíveis do console.Compra certa para quem gosta de um bom jogo.Garanto, vocês irão gostar muito do que vão ver! Expand
  81. Jun 24, 2013
    Before one dies, there are movies that have to be seen, books that have to be read, countries that have to be visited, and games that have to be played. And one of them is The Last of Us: a truly piece of art. amazing attention to detail, impressive technical aspect, but overall, an extraordinary wrapped in one of the best scripts written for a videogame. I got a PS3 only for this game,Before one dies, there are movies that have to be seen, books that have to be read, countries that have to be visited, and games that have to be played. And one of them is The Last of Us: a truly piece of art. amazing attention to detail, impressive technical aspect, but overall, an extraordinary wrapped in one of the best scripts written for a videogame. I got a PS3 only for this game, and it was well worth it. Expand
  82. Jun 20, 2013
    Naughty dog has outdone themselves again. The story draws you in to loving characters based on how human their flaws are and has a distinct Cohen brothers style of ending that makes you think about the characters and how nuanced they are. All of this is built on top of a sturdy foundation of stealth gameplay and a great leveling system. It's broken into 4 chapters that all have theNaughty dog has outdone themselves again. The story draws you in to loving characters based on how human their flaws are and has a distinct Cohen brothers style of ending that makes you think about the characters and how nuanced they are. All of this is built on top of a sturdy foundation of stealth gameplay and a great leveling system. It's broken into 4 chapters that all have the emotional impact to stand on their own. Expand
  83. Jun 19, 2013
    This game is truly fantastic. It deserves every bit of praise that it gets but unlike other reviews I'm going to try and simply break down why. Firstly it's an action game, so it's a 1010 action game, not the greatest game of all time, out of every genre. So what's important in an action game? Action right? The gunning feels more realistic than any other TPS I've experienced so far, andThis game is truly fantastic. It deserves every bit of praise that it gets but unlike other reviews I'm going to try and simply break down why. Firstly it's an action game, so it's a 1010 action game, not the greatest game of all time, out of every genre. So what's important in an action game? Action right? The gunning feels more realistic than any other TPS I've experienced so far, and every weapon is so unique to handle it actually feels like you're carrying a real assortment. What about AI? Humans will come up behind you in a matter of seconds to shoot you from behind, if they can't get behind you, they will throw a molotov at you with pensive precision. What about stealth? Clickers must be dealt with by crouching and not walking but creeping, if they hear a loud footstep they will come charging, and on contact you will die instantly. Not only is the challenge there but it feels so nerve-racking no matter where you go. Humans can also be dealt with stealthily, choking them to do, wasting no resources, or if you choose, move past everything, like something out of MGS. Combat it's there as well, numerous objects can be used as melee weapons, a bat will take a few hits down someone with a combo, whereas a blade might take just one to kill. You can even reinforce weapons with blades to cause one hit kills on Clickers. hear you asking about the rest... Graphics? It's Naughty Dog, so check. Music? Does the perfect job of building atmosphere instead of sounding like a Hollywood movie check. Story there is nothing I can say here that won't spoil things but as soon as it gets moving there is no pointless banter, just one breathtaking moment after the next. Longevity? Yes, there are comics, artefacts and firefly dog-tags to find, numerous difficulty levels and the ability to upgrade Joel in a slightly-action RPG fashion to your liking.

What I'm trying to say is that as an action game, it has it all and then some. It improves on almost all facets of an action game. Whereas others are becoming more casualized and more scripted and shorter and shorter, ND takes us in the opposite direction, with a challenging, punishing, absolutely enthralling experience that does not let up until it is over. With an original multiplayer element to boot.
    I hope I have given a little more insight into why this game is so praised. Also kudos to Sony for letting ND do what they want it has paid in spades and so it should.
  84. Sep 17, 2013
    This is the best game i have ever played. The story and characters are simply sensational. The relationship between Joel and Ellie is simply amazing and is on another level compared to other games. The story is gripping and makes you so emotionally involved. I cried about 7 times throughout this game because it simply made me care for everyone in the game. The gameplay is absolutely solidThis is the best game i have ever played. The story and characters are simply sensational. The relationship between Joel and Ellie is simply amazing and is on another level compared to other games. The story is gripping and makes you so emotionally involved. I cried about 7 times throughout this game because it simply made me care for everyone in the game. The gameplay is absolutely solid and fits the game perfectly. This is the best game of this generation and naughty dog have set a very high standard that i think will be near impossible to match Expand
  85. Jun 19, 2013
    I have been a gamer for many years, more predominantly on the PC and I decided I wanted to try a game that can only be played on one console (Playstation 3 of course) This game is by far one of the best games to have ever been created and this deserves it’s spot high up In the rankings, with the likes of other titles such as: Half-Life 1 and 2, GTA IV, Uncharted 2 etc. The Last Of Us hasI have been a gamer for many years, more predominantly on the PC and I decided I wanted to try a game that can only be played on one console (Playstation 3 of course) This game is by far one of the best games to have ever been created and this deserves it’s spot high up In the rankings, with the likes of other titles such as: Half-Life 1 and 2, GTA IV, Uncharted 2 etc. The Last Of Us has it all; great graphics (even for a console), incredible dialogue, immersive environments, in-depth and satisfying combat mechanics, intriguing plot, well developed characters and the relationship with the characters (especially Joel and Ellie) is just pure magical. The list can go on, there is never a dull moment in this game and the more you play it you will never want to put it down, it actually keeps you wanting more and more. Aside from the single player there is the multiplayer which is surprisingly addictive, it’s a lot more slower paced than your average FPS twitch shooter and it requires a lot of team work. There are upgrades to weapons as well as weapon unlocks so the progression is quite thorough and well implemented. All in all Naughty Dog have created a master piece and this game should not be missed, a highly recommended game for what could be one of if not the only contender for game of the year. Expand
  86. Jun 20, 2013
    The Last of Us is the best game on the PS3, and one of the best games I have ever played. The gameplay is unique/challenging, the characters are lovable and the story is poignant. While the game is violent, it's never gratuitous out of the blue, the violence makes sense in the world Naughty Dog created.

The gameplay practically requires treading carefully through levels. This is

The gameplay practically requires treading carefully through levels. This is something I love in games. This, coupled with limited ammo/health while throwing in a slew of infected enemies, provides a genuinely nerve racking experience. If you got shot, you feel Joel's pain. When you have 3 bullets and numerous enemies surrounding your position, you have to out-think/out-maneuver the enemies by using the environment to your advantage.

The graphics are superb. It's the best looking game on PS3 no question about it. The Sound is amazing as well, from the music to the enemies, everything is top notch. One of the infected, aptly known as "Clickers" use echolocation to hunt humans. While they are blind, their keen sense of sound allows them to track your location with the slightest movement. When this happens, they make a terrifying clicking sound to alert other infected nearby. It is genuinely terrifying when this happens.

All in all, it is a terrific game that I would recommend to most people. With that said, this game isn't for everyone. For one, if you like action adventure games where you are supplied with countless weapons, armor and ammo, The Last of Us isn't for you. If you are offended by mature violence, themes and language, The Last of Us isn't for. If however, you can handle the mature themes, this game is a MUST PLAY. It's a Masterpiece, plain and simple.
  87. Jun 14, 2013
    Of of the best games available on the Playstation 3. The story withing The Last of Us is absolutely amazing, you get a real sense of what the characters are going through and feel the tension through every area. The voice acting is fantastic as is expected. Naughty Dog really have created a wonderfully unique game that is going to be hard to beat in the running for game of the year. OtherOf of the best games available on the Playstation 3. The story withing The Last of Us is absolutely amazing, you get a real sense of what the characters are going through and feel the tension through every area. The voice acting is fantastic as is expected. Naughty Dog really have created a wonderfully unique game that is going to be hard to beat in the running for game of the year. Other reviews criticize the slow pace of the game but this all adds to the atmosphere and tension within the game. I don't think everyone can appreciate the excellence that is within this game but judging by most of the user reviews and critic reviews most of us can agree that this game is truly amazing. Expand
  88. Nov 21, 2013
    This is the most unique game I have played. It plays like uncharted but in a survival setting. Arguably Naughty Dogs best work yet. The story is superb, the graphics are superb, the gameplay is superb. Everything about the game has been perfectly crafted. The multiplayer is pretty addictive, and is different than other multiplayer games. Game of the Year material.
  89. Jun 17, 2013
    To Every low score reviewer. 98% of you have nothing to say other than, 'this game is overrated.' You (the reviewers) aren't writing a legitimate review, it's more of a bashing. Some of you seem to write your negative review and somewhere in there write how Bioshock Infinite is a better game...come on, are we really going to take you people seriously. Clearly biased. Besides BioshockTo Every low score reviewer. 98% of you have nothing to say other than, 'this game is overrated.' You (the reviewers) aren't writing a legitimate review, it's more of a bashing. Some of you seem to write your negative review and somewhere in there write how Bioshock Infinite is a better game...come on, are we really going to take you people seriously. Clearly biased. Besides Bioshock infinite has a score of 9.4/8.5 so your argument is invalid. Giving this game a 0 is unnecessary. You clearly have a sour taste in your mouth. A game of this caliber does other deserve a zero. There are FAR worse. Let's just put it this way, your all haters.

-my review in a nutshell-
    Compelling story.
    Great graphics.
    Smooth game play.
    Entertaining Multiplayer.
  90. Jun 14, 2013
    Top 3 games of this generation imo... it's up there with BioShock Infinite and Uncharted 2. Emotional story, great graphics, great gameplay, great sound... nearly perfect.
  91. Jun 15, 2013
    Naughty Dog does it again, an amazing ,engaging experience that leaves you wanting more.
    If you like adventure games or any game in general this is a must buy
  92. Jul 10, 2013
    If I could sum up the review in one word it will be: masterpiece.

I have played video games for the last 25 years and this game just topped my list of best games of all time. I don't think I have ever played a game on the edge of my seat as I did with this game. The plot/story is amazing and the execution of the actual game-play is top notch. I highly recommend this game to anyone
    If I could sum up the review in one word it will be: masterpiece.

I highly recommend this game to anyone who wants to experience the peak of media entertainment.
  93. Jul 17, 2013
    Not playing this game any more makes me sad. It's one of those, like when House finished. It's all
    About the characters, you really care about them. Compared to PC gaming the graphics aren't amazing (needs a little anti aliasing) but it's so beautiful. Makes me want to live in post zombie apocalypse America.
  94. Jul 12, 2013
    I entered the game with mixed feelings as I mostly just enjoy multiplayer competitive games and not single player mode. The game is a must have for any ps3 owner. Somehow it just captures the emotions and struggles faced by the two main characters as well as the others you have quick encounters with. Most games fail in this regard where I do not care even a bit about their past and justI entered the game with mixed feelings as I mostly just enjoy multiplayer competitive games and not single player mode. The game is a must have for any ps3 owner. Somehow it just captures the emotions and struggles faced by the two main characters as well as the others you have quick encounters with. Most games fail in this regard where I do not care even a bit about their past and just want to skip the dialogue to finish the game.

This game makes you afraid of pressing the skip button by accident. Seriously.

*Note have not played the multiplayer
  95. Nov 5, 2013
    I play computer games less and less these days so games have to be truly good for me to fully complete them. The last of us is one of those games, fantastic graphics, gripping story line and natural game play. It is everything resident evil 6 should have been. Hopefully this is the future of computer games.
  96. Jun 17, 2013
    This one brings movies and games closer together (like Heavy rain did), and I like it. The voice-acting is outstanding. The graphics are great for PS3. The environment is beautiful (I like the seasons they follow). The game-play is great. It takes a while to get used to the guns but they are very different. The story has been seen before but it's told in a great way. You feel very bad whenThis one brings movies and games closer together (like Heavy rain did), and I like it. The voice-acting is outstanding. The graphics are great for PS3. The environment is beautiful (I like the seasons they follow). The game-play is great. It takes a while to get used to the guns but they are very different. The story has been seen before but it's told in a great way. You feel very bad when a character dies because you started to care for them after a while. It is one of the best games I have ever played of this generation and before! 10/10. Expand
  97. Jun 14, 2013
    Anyone rating this under 90. 2 word can characterize him. Lobotomy and sterilization. This game has all the elements of survival. If you are act first and think later kind of gamer then this game might not be for you. Patience and strategy and careful planning filled with mature content make this game GREAT
  98. Jun 22, 2013
    A literal masterpiece. I've never had a video game make me experience emotions like this. I literally shed tears in the first 15 minutes of the game. Simply amazing.
  99. Jun 19, 2013
    This game is very detailed it's outstanding. You have to play the game correctly (something Tom Chick at quarter to three obviously didn't do) which means intelligently. Sometimes you will have no choice but to stealth around the enemy with a solid stealth system and at other times stealth isn't an option and you have to smartly use every resource available to survive encounters. The gameThis game is very detailed it's outstanding. You have to play the game correctly (something Tom Chick at quarter to three obviously didn't do) which means intelligently. Sometimes you will have no choice but to stealth around the enemy with a solid stealth system and at other times stealth isn't an option and you have to smartly use every resource available to survive encounters. The game isn't hard if your smart about encounters with enemys, it can be repetitive but it firmly sets it in reality. One section of the game see's you getting a car, another see's you escaping a city, they're all sensible goals which ground the last of us in reality. The story is sweet and touching but the ending took me a while of thinking to properly appreciate it.

But I would be lying if I didn't say the highlights of the last of us are in the story and fighting. The true highlight is exploring the world, some people say the last of us is very linear but the areas you can explore are big and full of hidden rooms and areas with loads of detail. At one point you have to walk down a street but you can enter two of the houses with multiple floors and rooms that feel lived in. I found a note from a 12 year old who over heard his parents speaking about family deaths and had to release his dog into the wild. it was sweet and when I walked downstairs I found Ellie and one of our companions playing darts and talking. It was a touching moment and the game is full of loads of moments like this as long as you look for it. If you run straight through you'll run out of ammo, die regulary, and finish the game to soon and call the game overhyped.

Overall 10/10 this game is special and extremly well made, you need to play this game to experience it
  100. Jun 18, 2013
    They made a mistake I think this game should have been a release day console game on the PS4. This is a next gen game. This is the best single player game I've ever played. The story is dark and for the topic as believable as it can be, just an incredible game. The writing/story is the best I've seen for a video game. The gameplay starts really slow for the first hour you'll beThey made a mistake I think this game should have been a release day console game on the PS4. This is a next gen game. This is the best single player game I've ever played. The story is dark and for the topic as believable as it can be, just an incredible game. The writing/story is the best I've seen for a video game. The gameplay starts really slow for the first hour you'll be frustrated because you don't have it down yet, and then just puts you right in it and you're just wrapped up in the story you won't want to quit. The music is great, the character development is the best I've seen. This is no Hollywood Uncharted game like a Jason Stratham movie this is like Breaking Bad, The Killing, the Walking Dead, it's just fantastic. I haven't touched the multi-player, but that's supposed to be pretty fantastic as well. 10/10, the xbots are missing out on greatness. Expand

1. Sep 16, 2013
  2. Sep 10, 2013
  3. Despite the breakneck pace of the prologue, it takes quite a while for The Last of Us to pick up some speed again. However, once the cold harsh winter arrives, the action (and story) ramps up. So much so, it puts most Hollywood productions to shame. [July 2013, p.76]