The Last of Us PlayStation 3

• Publisher: SCEA
  • Release Date: Jun 14, 2013
9.2

1. Jun 14, 2013
    This game truly is phenomenal. Naughty Dog proves yet again why they are the kings of the PS3, and arguably gaming in general. The Last of Us gets everything right. The environments, the atmosphere, the gameplay, the storyline, the characters, the graphics. Everything. I really can't say enough how amazing this game truly ended up being.
  2. Jun 14, 2013
    I don't know what I can really say about this game without giving anything away, but I will tell you that it is easily in the top ten games that I've played, and I've played a lot of good games, also the characters of Joel and Ellie are absolutely brilliant, I think Ellie has such an amazing premise, and Joel seems to have been affected by the infection in quite a realistic way. The onlyI don't know what I can really say about this game without giving anything away, but I will tell you that it is easily in the top ten games that I've played, and I've played a lot of good games, also the characters of Joel and Ellie are absolutely brilliant, I think Ellie has such an amazing premise, and Joel seems to have been affected by the infection in quite a realistic way. The only bad thing I can say about this game is that as good as it is, I don't think it's for everybody, some people might be put off by the atmosphere and violence within the game, while some will love it for the same reason.

If you're thinking of buying this game, then I recommend buying it.
  3. Jun 14, 2013
    Very good game. I love all of Naughty Dog's games, they are fun and have very good graphics. Go buy this game now and support ND for making better games on the PS 4!
  4. Jun 14, 2013
    The Last of Us is one of the best games I have ever played. Imagine Uncharted 2/3, that looks better, sounds better, has more engaging characters and a more emotional plot.
    Imagine that with combat which encourages not just multiple playthroughs to try a different strategy, but reloading checkpoints to get your first strategy just right. But that doesn't really do it justice.
    If you
    If you are looking for a brand new and unique experience, this isn't perfect, but you should play it anyway. If you are looking for one of the best experiences to be found in gaming, you should definitely play The Last of Us.
  5. Jun 14, 2013
    Story/premise: The Last of Us plot is unpredictable and truly terrifying, but it's about the two main characters, Joel and Ellie as they form a father/daughter relationship as they traverse through a post-apocalyptic United States claimed by nature. The story is dark and brutal, more so than any other game that I've ever played before. The infected in this game
    is something unprecedented
    is something unprecedented in the post-apocalytpic genre, as the humans are mutated and infected by a fungus known as Cordyceps.

Visuals: The visuals of the Last of Us is beautiful and stunning. The textures are so rich in detail. Everything from the foliage, to the characters, to the world's objects are rife with details that one would think it's impossible for an 8 year old hardware to pump such impressive visuals. It might not be a huge leap from how Uncharted: Drake's Fortune to Uncharted 2: Among Thieves was, but it is certainy a leap, nonetheless. But that is to be expected from a developer that pushed the boundaries of graphics ahead of any game on consoles. It safe to say that The Last of Us in some way surpasses Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception, many would agree this is the best looking game on consoles, and I agree.
    Considering how Naughty Dog used every juice left in the PS3's aging hardware, it definitely is the best looking game on consoles.

Gameplay: The gameplay is as I expected. Although to some it may not be fun due to the fact that the combat is supposed to be in a way realistic. Joel is a veteran, brutal and ruthless survivor, but that does not make him a super-solider where he could aim a gun with 100% accuracy, that's not to be expected from a game like The Last of Us.
    Joel wobbles and has a sense of weight as he aims with his guns that he acquires throughout his journey, and that adds a sense of desperation and tension to the combat, it's really fun and challenging at the same time. But, of course, you could always improve the aiming and lessen the wobbly-ness by upgrading your skills by acquiring supplements throughout the game's
    world. The crafting system is one of the best I've ever seen in a game, it's also all in real-time, so that adds another sense of tension as you have to be careful when to craft items. Fortunately, you're able to upgrade your skills to quickly craft an item. That being said, you're not able to upgrade all of Joel's skills at one-playthrough, so this encourages
    players to play again through the New Game Plus option that retains your skills and upgrades from the previous saved game.
    The close melee combat in the game is also brutal as you're able to pick up planks, pipes and hatchets and even upgrade them with spikes and barbed wires. It's effective to a certain extent, as the weapons you carried can break after a certain amount of hits than you've dealt to an enemy. The durability and strength of each weapon varies.
    The gameplay also gives you the option to whether go in guns-blazing, but that's kind of a bad idea as ammos are scarce or if a player prefers to play stealthly. I can say that the stealth aspect of the game is fun. Joel can go into a Listen Mode that gives a highlight to enemies near by that makes sound, that adds another way for you to plan your next move and strategize.
    You also have the ability to crouch this time around and the cover system is much more dynamic than what we're used to in the Uncharted games. Keep in mind that the Clickers are able to kill you in one bite, so you have to be careful, but you're still able to kill them with a shiv. Both the infecteds and the human conflicts and encounters are both equally challenging as the dynamic AI is unlike anything I've seen before.
    Ellie does occasionally help by throwing a bottle or brick at an enemy when Joel is in danger, she'd also come running to you to help you as she stabs an enemy to free you. The same goes to other secondary characters that'll join in the adventure for a awhile. Replayability in this game is what you'd expect from games like the Uncharted series, with a lot of collectibles to find. The game took me literally 25 hours to complete as I was scouring every nook and cranny in the game for supplies. This is definitely the longest game, Naughty Dog has ever made. Add multiplayer, and you've got yourself a game worth purchasing.
    Sound design: The sound design is astonishing and highly detailed in basically everything, but most of all is the terrifying sound of the Runners and Clickers that'll surely keep some players' heart pumping as they hear the clicking sound of a Clicker. Soundtrack is emotional and stunning.

This game is a masterpiece and I can see why, with all the praise and perfect scores it garnered, this is one of the greatest game of this generation and probably of all time and one that'll surely be discussed for years to come. I give this game a perfect score. The ending certainly got me thinking for days, it was something unpredictable.
  6. Jun 14, 2013
    You should realize right from the beginning, you are in for a dark, remorseless journey into survival. Your sympathy is for the two main characters, and some of survivors they meet along the way, but the dread of what is around the corner haunts you for them and like the stunning graphics that never cease to amaze, this game continues to enthrall you down to the last scene. The game playYou should realize right from the beginning, you are in for a dark, remorseless journey into survival. Your sympathy is for the two main characters, and some of survivors they meet along the way, but the dread of what is around the corner haunts you for them and like the stunning graphics that never cease to amaze, this game continues to enthrall you down to the last scene. The game play is flawless, and you know this because it never interferes with story and the combat....and Ellie will simply blow you away with her tough independence and fierce instincts....The PS3 deserves this game as a brilliant way to say good-bye to this generation of consoles...worth every cent and worth every play time minute. Expand
  7. Jun 14, 2013
    For me this is another masterpiece game from Naughty Dog Studio. This time we are living in apocalyptic times which means...if you like walking dead or other zombie/survival movies you will love this game. Graphics are outstanding and characters, as always, absolutely brilliant. The best thing is the "reality" of atmosphere. Usually in apocalyptic games or movies there is an arsenal ofFor me this is another masterpiece game from Naughty Dog Studio. This time we are living in apocalyptic times which means...if you like walking dead or other zombie/survival movies you will love this game. Graphics are outstanding and characters, as always, absolutely brilliant. The best thing is the "reality" of atmosphere. Usually in apocalyptic games or movies there is an arsenal of guns and stuff here you have to think how to survive a battle. That's something new in games.
    If you considering to buy a new ps4 console, you have to play that game. It's definitely one of the best games on this generation.
  8. Jun 14, 2013
    This is the first survival game in a long while that truly feels like a survival game. You have such limited ammo with your relatively underpowered weapons, that you must strategically plan out each encounter in order to survive. Most games suggest that you explore the environments, but The Last of Us actually forces you to. Without the necessary scavenged crafting supplies used to makeThis is the first survival game in a long while that truly feels like a survival game. You have such limited ammo with your relatively underpowered weapons, that you must strategically plan out each encounter in order to survive. Most games suggest that you explore the environments, but The Last of Us actually forces you to. Without the necessary scavenged crafting supplies used to make health kits, upgraded weapons or booby traps, you simply won’t live through upcoming encounters. Expand
  9. Jun 14, 2013
    A gripping story about human survival and the re-ignition of love in a bittered heart. The voice acting is perfect, facial animations are top notch and the protagonist becomes a very 'real' person as the story progresses. The graphics are pretty much the best current consoles can offer. The art direction can best be described as 'dreary', perfect for a post-apocalyptic setting. I also loveA gripping story about human survival and the re-ignition of love in a bittered heart. The voice acting is perfect, facial animations are top notch and the protagonist becomes a very 'real' person as the story progresses. The graphics are pretty much the best current consoles can offer. The art direction can best be described as 'dreary', perfect for a post-apocalyptic setting. I also love the sound design and the minimalistic sound track producing melancholic instrumental music that really gets you in the right mood. The story is thrust forward using ingame dialog sections, cutscenes and various items you find (such as pamphlets and notes). Overall, the fiction feels very 'real'. Thrillingly able to suspend my disbelief with a mature story.

Gameplay:

The game can be best described as a third person action adventure with lots of stealth elements, and a bit more exploration than you would expect from the creators of Uncharted. The game has a wonderful pace (absolutely not run and gun) and great stealth sections that will have you at the edge of your seat. The stealth reminds me a bit of Manhunt, in which rooms are like puzzles and it is for the gamer to find out efficient ways to get through the rooms. As in Manhunt, taking down enemies feels hefty and combat is raw and visceral. There is also a crafting system in place, in which you use recourses scattered throughout the levels to craft items like health packs and shivs. However, resources are scarce and some items use the same components. So you need to choose: do I want a health pack, or a molotov?

The only downside to the game I found is the fact that sometimes your companions behave unrealistically during stealth sections, wanting to follow you around and obviously showing themselves while doing so. But it doesn't detract from the experience and luckily no alarms are triggered when it happens. Overall the companion AI is good; it is hard to make companions behave perfectly in stealth gameplay (how many games even try it?).

Lastly, I recommend turning off all tips in the options menu so the game doesn't tell you what to do all the time, yet I found the normal difficulty setting challenging enough. Take your time with this one, try to find the hidden resources and be absorbed in the fiction. Uncharted 3 really was more of the same and a bit boring, this is refreshing and gripping. Like Red Dead Redemption and Mass Effect 2, this was a game that just did not bore me. 10/10 for the single player.
  10. Jun 14, 2013
    It made me cry game is awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Characters ,graphics,history everything is great about this game everything
  11. Jun 14, 2013
    The Last of Us, its a game that needs no introduction but had to show more than what we were expecting in order to not only keep up with the current generation & next generation games coming out but also live up to the par that Uncharted 2, and Uncharted 3 set for Naughty Dog. The game takes you on a journey that takes you throughout a world 20 years after a pandemic had arose. WhileThe Last of Us, its a game that needs no introduction but had to show more than what we were expecting in order to not only keep up with the current generation & next generation games coming out but also live up to the par that Uncharted 2, and Uncharted 3 set for Naughty Dog. The game takes you on a journey that takes you throughout a world 20 years after a pandemic had arose. While keeping new ideas fresh the best thing that "The Last of Us" has going for it is excellent character development backed up with a truly memorable story. So if you are able to get your hands on a copy "The Last of Us" is a game that you do not want to miss out, and that is why it deserves a 9.8/10. Expand
  12. Jun 14, 2013
    This game delivers everything you want and need in a game to make it a masterpiece a emotionally investing story and characters, stunning visuals, and tense and immersive gameplay! This is a must buy for anybody!!
  13. Jun 14, 2013
    The Last Of Us is officially the best game I have ever played. The story is outstanding and brilliant the moment the game starts it hooks you in with the magnificent story. Naughty dog has done an absolute outstanding job with this game and it shows through out the game. The graphics is brilliant and stunning in beauty. The Game play is brilliant the best game play i have ever seen in aThe Last Of Us is officially the best game I have ever played. The story is outstanding and brilliant the moment the game starts it hooks you in with the magnificent story. Naughty dog has done an absolute outstanding job with this game and it shows through out the game. The graphics is brilliant and stunning in beauty. The Game play is brilliant the best game play i have ever seen in a game and the controls is extremely smooth and easy to learn. If you have played all 3 uncharted games and thought they were good wait until you play the last of us you will not be disappointed.The last of us is the game to beat for game the year. If you loved uncharted I recommend strongly you play the last of us it will leave you hooked and glued to your TV screen for hours upon hours. I f you have an Xbox 360 trade it in get a PS3 and play this game no Xbox game will ever be as good as the last of us. If naughty dog created such and amazing game that even the critics have given it top scores I cannot wait to see what naughty dog has in store for us in the future. Expand
  14. Jun 14, 2013
    Riveting graphic, intense storyline and relentless awesomeness. Kudos to Naughty Dog for making such a great game of all times. Looking forward to see more games like this.
  15. Jun 14, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Eu não sei o que eu posso dizer sobre este jogo, sem revelar nada, mas vou dizer-lhe que facilmente entre os dez primeiros jogos que eu joguei, e joguei um monte de jogos bons, também os personagens de Joel e Ellie são absolutamente brilhante, acho que Ellie tem uma premissa tão incrível, e Joel parece ter sido afetado pela infecção de uma forma bastante realista. A única b ad coisa que posso dizer sobre este jogo que, como bom como eu não acho que para todo mundo, algumas pessoas podem ser adiadas pela atmosfera e violência dentro do jogo, enquanto alguns vão amá-lo pelo mesmo motivo. Se você está pensando em comprar este jogo, então eu recomendo comprá-lo. Expand
  16. Jun 14, 2013
    Such an immersing world, great characters especially Joel en Ellie. Brilliant and such a fleshed out story i won't forget in a long time. Intense and incredible well put together gameplay mechanics. THE best game i have ever played.
  17. Jun 14, 2013
    This is my first review on meta-critic and for a damn good reason! The Last Of Us is unbelievable, amazing, and epic and solidifies why I play games! This is one of the top games I have played in my entire life and got me very emotionally involved.. For once I am happy to say I receiveded more than what I payed for.. 10/10
  18. Jun 14, 2013
    This game has an excelent history, the relation of Joel and Ellie are fascinating. The graphics are amazing too, considering the limits of PS3. It´s not an open world game, but its wonderful.
  19. Jun 14, 2013
    Naughty Dog at it's Best!

Brilliant Characters, Storyline and Gameplay Maybe to Hard for some, but the apocalypse is not for ****

A Milestone!
  20. Jun 14, 2013
    Awesome story
    Fun gameplay
    Tense feeling
    And very detailed graphics. Not so good lucking, but very detailed!!
    And Ellie is so lovely!

Am must play for every gamer!
  21. Jun 14, 2013
    Surpreendente jogo, a volta do genero survival com uma imersão profunda nas hisotria e nos personagens. Um ponto positivo para o audio que impressiona muito. O melhor jogo de survival da geração.
  22. Jun 14, 2013
    Yet another amazing game from the studio Naughty Dog. Phenomenal voice acting, gameplay, soundtrack, immersion, atmosphere. The multiplayer is also very interesting with its tense, strategic, gameplay mechanics. You know you are getting your money's worth and more when you purchase a Naughty Dog game.
  23. Jun 14, 2013
    Great! Great post-apocalyptic storyline, great graphics, gorgeous sound, a real hardcore gameplay. Along with GTA 5 and Beyond 2 souls home game of the year. And as always pikashniki sosnooley
  24. Jun 14, 2013
    This game is superb. I'm at a loss of words when trying to figure out how Naughty Dog could come up with such a masterpiece, but yet again, when have they not? This is a must own for ALL gamers.
  25. Jun 14, 2013
    Don't know how people can review this game red. I know everyone is entitled to their own opinion but come on! Zero?! I noticed that the reviewer who scored it this low also scored Battlefield 3 a 10 out of 10. I think multiplayer FPSs are probably more his cup of tea. I'm not a massive fan of that genre but I do know good gameplay, a strong narrative and great graphics when I see them.Don't know how people can review this game red. I know everyone is entitled to their own opinion but come on! Zero?! I noticed that the reviewer who scored it this low also scored Battlefield 3 a 10 out of 10. I think multiplayer FPSs are probably more his cup of tea. I'm not a massive fan of that genre but I do know good gameplay, a strong narrative and great graphics when I see them. This game has got a few flaws I agree, but bad graphics is definitely not one of them (he surely must have been playing a different game). This is a slow paced, stealth orientated adventure game. You have to be patient and play strategically. The multiplayer might be a bit more fast paced but I wouldn't know as I haven't experienced that side of it yet. This is a game you take your time with, lose yourself in and you really will get the best out of it. On a side note, what about that prologue? In a word...stunning. As is the game overall. Expand
  26. Jun 14, 2013
    Actually i dident wanna give this game a 10/10, why? well because this game is BRILLIANT! but no perfect! this game sets the bar for other games in the future, but it sets the bar high for itsealf as well.. normally in other games you would look past that the AI sometimes acts a bit wird, like not seeing your AI friend, though i must say it does not do that often!! but the game itself isActually i dident wanna give this game a 10/10, why? well because this game is BRILLIANT! but no perfect! this game sets the bar for other games in the future, but it sets the bar high for itsealf as well.. normally in other games you would look past that the AI sometimes acts a bit wird, like not seeing your AI friend, though i must say it does not do that often!! but the game itself is such a high standart that you can't ignore it like in other games! this games is THE best narrative story game ever!! you get attach to this game like no other and you really feel their pain and love from the characters, the graph is stunning and the gameplay is fantastic! i would love to give this game perhaps 9.8, meaning it is so freaking good, but not perfect! but when you see Reviews from former Xbox loosers who rates it 0 or 4.. thats so dumb.. its so freaking dumb, and thats why i have to give it a full 10!! its like a film guy who loves titanic gets to review Resident evil.. dont.. this game is the best PS3 game, and possibly the best console game ever made! dont miss out! Expand
  27. Jun 14, 2013
    One of the few AAA games that doesn't presume you're a moron. It takes a bit to really get an idea of what the game is all about. It slowly builds momentum, then after a few hours you kinda feel like you're on a runaway train. Gameplay is very open, you can pretty much tackle every situation as you see fit. Fighting the human Ai isn't too hard, but the Clickers are very difficult. EitherOne of the few AAA games that doesn't presume you're a moron. It takes a bit to really get an idea of what the game is all about. It slowly builds momentum, then after a few hours you kinda feel like you're on a runaway train. Gameplay is very open, you can pretty much tackle every situation as you see fit. Fighting the human Ai isn't too hard, but the Clickers are very difficult. Either way, the stealth aspect is very rewarding. It's excellent, no doubt. Easy GOTY candidate. Expand
  28. Jun 14, 2013
    One of the best games I've ever played in my life!!!!!! I will certainly play this again after i finish it.Those who gave it a negative review are just Xbox fanboys who are stupid!!!!!!!!!!!!
  29. Jun 14, 2013
    Truly a masterpiece!! This game gives me great hope where games can go from here,having played most games you fear "been there done that" not with The Last Of Us. Naughty dog have shown what great developers they are with Uncharted series,but with this game they have stepped into legendary category and Sony's flagship developers. Amazing game with great graphics (probably best looking gameTruly a masterpiece!! This game gives me great hope where games can go from here,having played most games you fear "been there done that" not with The Last Of Us. Naughty dog have shown what great developers they are with Uncharted series,but with this game they have stepped into legendary category and Sony's flagship developers. Amazing game with great graphics (probably best looking game on ps3) and a great story arc. The story is the games real strength and how it emotionally draws you in,then throw in suspenseful set pieces with a gritty world and action violence and you've got a gem,and that's what Naughty Dog has given us,probably the ps3 last exclusive gem. Simply put YOU MUST BUY THIS GAME. Expand
  30. Jun 14, 2013
    Wow, just wow. Naughty Dog has always been my favourite game developers, why? Because they always succeed with their games. And this game was no exception. Naughty Dog have worked really, really hard with the environment ,story and dialogues, not to mention how the characters move and react. I could see that in the beginning of the game, when the girl moved with quiet steps in the bigWow, just wow. Naughty Dog has always been my favourite game developers, why? Because they always succeed with their games. And this game was no exception. Naughty Dog have worked really, really hard with the environment ,story and dialogues, not to mention how the characters move and react. I could see that in the beginning of the game, when the girl moved with quiet steps in the big house looking for her dad. Maybe not the best description but if you play the game, you will notice) I am absolutely speechless about this game. Every move and everywhere you go, you sort of jump in to the game. I haven't got this feeling since I played the Half-life franchise, which is a pretty old game.
    I understand why this game got over 50 perfect scores. This and three other Naughty Dog games is on my number 10 list, with this one going number 1 and Jak II: Renegade going number 2 I can only say that Naughty Dog, you just made another masterpiece!
  31. Jun 14, 2013
    Anyone rating this under 90. 2 word can characterize him. Lobotomy and sterilization. This game has all the elements of survival. If you are act first and think later kind of gamer then this game might not be for you. Patience and strategy and careful planning filled with mature content make this game GREAT
  32. Jun 14, 2013
    This game is sick, from the demo to the full release it deserves a 10 all the way! I'm tired of people saying this game is over-rated or not a survival game, because dieing has no adverse effects other then having to re-do a segment of the game. First off, you want to talk about over rated? Go look up some reviews for COD or Halo or Gears. I mean these god damn fan boys ruin gaming for allThis game is sick, from the demo to the full release it deserves a 10 all the way! I'm tired of people saying this game is over-rated or not a survival game, because dieing has no adverse effects other then having to re-do a segment of the game. First off, you want to talk about over rated? Go look up some reviews for COD or Halo or Gears. I mean these god damn fan boys ruin gaming for all of us you can have your own personal opinion but please, you wouldn't know over rated if it smacked you in the face? Naughty Dog is possibly one of the best video game developers around every game they make is a top tier triple A blockbuster and idc what anyone says. And touching on the point of survival NOT EVERY GAME IS DAY Z OR STATE OF DECAY. I mean its absolutely foolish to say it doesn't punish you enough for dieing so its not a survival game? I mean really? Is dead space not survival horror? Is RE 4 not survival horror, i mean honestly people complain that current gen games are running out of creativity and then you don't make it like another game and every bi**hes its crazy. But for everyone out there who's not a fool, this game deserves your attention. Stunning graphically, combat and controls are perfect, I started playing last night and had a serious debate about calling out of work! Multiplayer is fun but not as good as the campaign if you haven't picked this game up yet DO IT, NOW!! lol Expand
  33. Jun 14, 2013
    The Last of Us is why I play video games, and is truly the PS3's mantra for games to come.. I've yet to ever post any type of fan boy esque review, but if there ever was a time, this is it. Sucker Punch has continued to provide my beloved console with gems (ie Uncharted) but this epic creation is on a whole new level. Almost enough for one to buy the console just to experience it. From itsThe Last of Us is why I play video games, and is truly the PS3's mantra for games to come.. I've yet to ever post any type of fan boy esque review, but if there ever was a time, this is it. Sucker Punch has continued to provide my beloved console with gems (ie Uncharted) but this epic creation is on a whole new level. Almost enough for one to buy the console just to experience it. From its breathtaking visuals, it's writing, it's ability to make you feel and keep you glued in from setpiece to setpiece, it is perhaps the best video game I've ever played (30+ years of gaming). MGS4 set the bar a while ago and this has blown it out of the water. Don't even think about it. Go out and not only buy this today, but keep it as it will be talked about for years to come. God bless you Sucker punch and PS3. Expand
  34. Jun 14, 2013
    This game is simply amazing. Naughty Dog is one of the best video game developers in the world, and they continuously keep producing masterpieces like this. This is a must buy for every PS3 owner.
  35. Jun 14, 2013
    this is not a game.. this story is a real life.. i love this studio and thanks SONY for everything.. after the best game of history (uncharted 3) this.. and i don't now how of this two is better.. thank you ND... thank you sony.. hater please don't ruin the game with 1.. please it is a shame..
  36. Jun 14, 2013
    I rarely give a 10 to any game, but since I started playing The Last of Us, I just cannot put it down. It is an awesome experience. Whoever says the graphics are not that good clearly have no idea what they are talking about and are just hating for the sake of hating, this game is gorgeous, nothing better out there right now.
  37. Jun 14, 2013
    Developer Naughty Dog has added "The Last of Us" to its pristine resume, which has become one of the more prestigious in all of video games. The PlayStation 3 game, which arrives in stores Friday, tells the heartfelt story of Joel and Ellie trying to survive in a world filled with death and woe. It's 20 years in the future, and the human race has been overrun by a parasitic infection thatDeveloper Naughty Dog has added "The Last of Us" to its pristine resume, which has become one of the more prestigious in all of video games. The PlayStation 3 game, which arrives in stores Friday, tells the heartfelt story of Joel and Ellie trying to survive in a world filled with death and woe. It's 20 years in the future, and the human race has been overrun by a parasitic infection that turns people into zombie-like husks that hunt other humans. There is no cure, and the goal for the few remaining humans is to survive.

Joel is an experienced smuggler, an occupation that is strictly forbidden by his quarantine zone's military rule. He is employed by the Fireflies, an organization that fights against the military, to smuggle Ellie across the country. Joel isn't interested in what the Fireflies want with Ellie until details come to light that make this job the most important he's ever taken. The story of "The Last of Us" follows these central characters for a year, as their bond grows during their cross-country journey. This opens opportunities to not only explore the depth of these characters, but also show off post-apocalyptic versions of American locales. The trek begins in Boston and lands in Colorado and Salt Lake City, as well as a lengthy stay in Pittsburgh.

Recognizable Steel City landmarks include the U.S. Steel Tower and the BNY Mellon Center Downtown, along with nods to the Strip District and Fort Pitt Bridge, but the breathtaking art is just background for the human elements on display.

Joel and Ellie's storylines change throughout the game's 13- to 15-hour tenure. In a world overrun with horrific zombie-like creatures, the focus is almost always on the humans. The characters not the infected drive the plot. Much like "The Walking Dead" game and television show, the writers of "The Last of Us" realized that humans are much more intriguing than the mindless zombies around them. The gameplay keeps up with the presentation and narrative. Whether Joel is up against the infected or humans, stealth is key because ammunition is scarce. Quietly taking down foes is a key to success. When that fails, guns are needed, and Joel comes to acquire plenty of them. Being low on ammunition provides an added challenge to the game's combat, but that makes progressing all the more satisfying.

Naughty Dog has created a console-defining masterpiece in "The Last of Us." It achieves the perfect balance between thrilling action and emotional storytelling. It arrived as one of the most hyped games of the year, and it delivers conclusively.
  38. Jun 14, 2013
    i am amazed at Sony for putting out a must own masterpiece at the end of every console cycle. The PS2 had God of War 2 and now PS3 has The Last of Us. I felt i was in a post apocalyptic world and that doom was right around the corner at every moment. The thrills and scares in this game are perfect, the graphics are mind blowing, and the acting and story just rival block buster movies toi am amazed at Sony for putting out a must own masterpiece at the end of every console cycle. The PS2 had God of War 2 and now PS3 has The Last of Us. I felt i was in a post apocalyptic world and that doom was right around the corner at every moment. The thrills and scares in this game are perfect, the graphics are mind blowing, and the acting and story just rival block buster movies to perfection. Please get this game ASAP and shame on the pathetic nintendo and xbot fanboys spreading hate on the reviews to lower the score... it is so stupid when everyone knows the last of us eclipses any crap from the other consoles Expand
  39. Jun 14, 2013
    Absolutely amazing. No game has ever provoked such desperation in me. I thrive to stay alive even though you get to repeat a section if you fail. This truly is a milestone in gaming. The amount of appreciation I have for naughty dog is at an all time high. Wizardry!
  40. Jun 14, 2013
    In short, this is "THE BEST GAME I HAVE EVER PLAYED IN MY LIFE"
    A perfect masterpiece in every aspect.
    Great gameplay.... fun, intense, realistic, and challenging ! Brilliant story, filled with a lot of emotions that will keep you so attached to this game and its characters ! Outstanding graphics, amazing and realistic animations, and breathtaking cut-scenes ! A remarkable
    In short, this is "THE BEST GAME I HAVE EVER PLAYED IN MY LIFE"
    A perfect masterpiece in every aspect.

Great gameplay.... fun, intense, realistic, and challenging !

A remarkable experience that you would never forget
  41. Jun 14, 2013
    I have only played the game for a few hours but from what I have played I can safely say that this game lives up to the hype and the high critic scores. The thing that has really stuck out with me the most in my time playing the game is literally the sounds. I was afraid that I would not get the full impact because I do not have surround sound, and I can only imagine what it is likeI have only played the game for a few hours but from what I have played I can safely say that this game lives up to the hype and the high critic scores. The thing that has really stuck out with me the most in my time playing the game is literally the sounds. I was afraid that I would not get the full impact because I do not have surround sound, and I can only imagine what it is like playing the game with a massive entertainment system, but nonetheless even on a regular HDTV with no extra speakers, the sounds of the game truly are amazing. The echoes off the walls, the birds and bugs buzzing around, amazing. The game is flat-out beautiful, not only does it run well but the vibrant colors you experience as you play through the game. I have spent a good deal of time just walking around looking at things while there is a break in the action.

I really only had a few gripes so far with the game, but I didn't feel that it was a reflection on the game itself, that is why I did not detract from the score I gave. One, I wish it was just a little bit more non-linear, and Two I was hoping bartering could happen between your character and NPC's in the game, perhaps this happens later and I just haven't reached that part I don't know. But for future installments I hope Naughty Dog gives just a little bit more freedom. All I have to say is I was NOT expecting to be shocked within the first ten minutes of the game, O.M.G.
  42. Jun 14, 2013
    Amazing game, from minute you'll be hooked by the story, one of, if not the best story in a game ever.
    The world is deep and credible, you will want to look around and see the story that even just the environment is telling.
    Character's are some of the most lovable in modern gaming, you will be surprised by how much you care about them when playing. Sound, graphics are all top notch,
    Sound, graphics are all top notch, gameplay works great.
    GOTY right here!
  43. Jun 19, 2013
    OMG its been like sooo long since i have played a true survival horror game with great story and great characters its just the game of my dreams an absolute masterpiece 10/10 and one of the best gaming experience ever made you have to play this amazing game what are you waiting for go right now and buy it
  44. Jun 14, 2013
    Para empezar era de ver que la pagina Quarter to Three le daba puntaje bajo, porque esto no es un Zen Pinball! y para todos los que les gusten los shooter no compren The Last of Us, por que esto no lo es! Es un excelente juego realizado, por su en foque, de dos personas totalmente distintas, tratando de sobrevivir! a música de Gustavo Santaolalla es tremenda mente genial! los gráficosPara empezar era de ver que la pagina Quarter to Three le daba puntaje bajo, porque esto no es un Zen Pinball! y para todos los que les gusten los shooter no compren The Last of Us, por que esto no lo es! Es un excelente juego realizado, por su en foque, de dos personas totalmente distintas, tratando de sobrevivir! a música de Gustavo Santaolalla es tremenda mente genial! los gráficos son realmente geniales, el entorno, la atmósfera que transmite el juego es genial! al que le gusta ir con paciencia y no corriendo y matando, este es tu juego para jugarlo muchas horas! Ojo a mi me gusta jugar flippers! Expand
  45. Jun 14, 2013
    Questo gioco e fantastico!Non ho mai provato emozioni cosi in un videogame!La trama e a livelli superlativi complice un'atmosfera e una recitazione stratosferica che ti fanno vivere in prima persona l'avventura di joel e co. Per non parlare della grafica la migliora mai vista su console a livelli da pc!
  46. Jun 17, 2013
    Boy was I wrong in my initial review. This is by far the most stunning game I have ever played. Yes the game at times gets very repetitive (look for things sneak around repeat) and graphics (not design) are a bit outdated but can't really score it low because the level design, characters and game are just the best. I love how the characters emotions grow and change throughout the game.Boy was I wrong in my initial review. This is by far the most stunning game I have ever played. Yes the game at times gets very repetitive (look for things sneak around repeat) and graphics (not design) are a bit outdated but can't really score it low because the level design, characters and game are just the best. I love how the characters emotions grow and change throughout the game.

I really hope naughty dog work a bit harder on the game play next time and change it up so it isn't just about looking for materials for crafting and sneaking around. Otherwise the game is perfect. Best PS3 game by far. I thought Uncharted 2 would be my fond memory of my ps3 but The Last of Us gives us an amazing farewell to the current generation of consoles.
  47. Jun 14, 2013
    Even though the auto saving bug ruined my first 4 hours, i cant just rate this game less than 10. (the bug was gone after restarted the game once) On the technical side this game is one of its own, compared to the limited hardware its running on. Great music and authentic sounds, the graphics are really sweet but limited because of the huge areas & sfx. The characters are really good, soEven though the auto saving bug ruined my first 4 hours, i cant just rate this game less than 10. (the bug was gone after restarted the game once) On the technical side this game is one of its own, compared to the limited hardware its running on. Great music and authentic sounds, the graphics are really sweet but limited because of the huge areas & sfx. The characters are really good, so is the story (this is no funny action adventure like uncharted, expect less laughs :P). Extremely nice shadows and lightning for a dx9 game. There are still small sound bugs, and sometimes clipping issues, but the more complex a game gets the more bugs sneak in.

I beat 1/3 of the game, and so far the story is damn entertaining. its an pretty rough world, but believable as well. i had many jaw dropping moments, and there will be even more following for sure. if you like uncharted, then you know naughtydog's skills. this game differs in the gameplay alot, dont think its gonna feel like uncharted.
  48. Jun 14, 2013
    What more is there left to say, the brutal journey that Joel and Ellie go through is something I have never experienced in gaming. If you don't feel any kind of emotion throughout their adventure.. then you are indeed a clicker.
    Z
    No movie can get you so emotionally involved in all the characters you meet along the way. That is why I love Naughty Dogg, that is why I love The Last of
    Z
    That is why I love Naughty Dogg, that is why I love The Last of Us..
    and that is why I love Video Games!
  49. Jun 14, 2013
    The story was soooooo good it got me off my seat. The visuals and details are spot on I could spend hours looking around. The voice acting was awesome. This is one of my contenders for game of the year by far. Good job naughty dog another masterpiece
  50. Jun 14, 2013
    Perfection this game is awesome omg, must buy, recommended to anyone 17+, only suitable for the mature crowd, but what a ride. I simply dont understand the nay sayers, but as with anything there will be haters
  51. Jun 14, 2013
    The glitch/bug preventing people from saving has been fixed. Slight bug in the first patch was quickly removed. Any scores based on that should be ignore as the problem is now solved. Go enjoy this amazing game worry free.
  52. Jun 14, 2013
    Of of the best games available on the Playstation 3. The story withing The Last of Us is absolutely amazing, you get a real sense of what the characters are going through and feel the tension through every area. The voice acting is fantastic as is expected. Naughty Dog really have created a wonderfully unique game that is going to be hard to beat in the running for game of the year. OtherOf of the best games available on the Playstation 3. The story withing The Last of Us is absolutely amazing, you get a real sense of what the characters are going through and feel the tension through every area. The voice acting is fantastic as is expected. Naughty Dog really have created a wonderfully unique game that is going to be hard to beat in the running for game of the year. Other reviews criticize the slow pace of the game but this all adds to the atmosphere and tension within the game. I don't think everyone can appreciate the excellence that is within this game but judging by most of the user reviews and critic reviews most of us can agree that this game is truly amazing. Expand
  53. Aug 20, 2013
    I have played this game three times so far and I am not bored or tired of it. The story and the characters keep bringing me back for more. The game, itself, is visually beautiful; the landscapes of nature and the decay of man's civilization are captured perfectly. The Game Play is easy to master. The collectibles add depth to the characters and the story, as well as give you newI have played this game three times so far and I am not bored or tired of it. The story and the characters keep bringing me back for more. The game, itself, is visually beautiful; the landscapes of nature and the decay of man's civilization are captured perfectly. The Game Play is easy to master. The collectibles add depth to the characters and the story, as well as give you new abilities in combat. Overall this game is almost without flaws. Get this game, submerge yourself in its world, explore the world and characters that naughty dog have created for us. Amazing. Expand
  54. Jun 27, 2013
    I have played the single player about 2 and a half times and not a second of got boring or repetitive. Great story, great graphics, great gameplay and solid AI. The multiplayer adds a good bonus to keep you playing and it in itself is unique. Their are very minor flaws such as AI sometimes break out of character but those quickly become an afterthought as the story will suck you back in.I have played the single player about 2 and a half times and not a second of got boring or repetitive. Great story, great graphics, great gameplay and solid AI. The multiplayer adds a good bonus to keep you playing and it in itself is unique. Their are very minor flaws such as AI sometimes break out of character but those quickly become an afterthought as the story will suck you back in. Totally worth $60 Expand
  55. Jun 14, 2013
    Opinions are like butt holes, everyone has one and they all stink.

Opinions are like butt holes, everyone has one and they all stink.

With that being said this game is fantastic. I haven't beaten it yet but the game is quality from every point. Visuals, combat, dialogue, crafting items, upgrading weapons, and even using a shiv to jimmy open a door during the down time scavenging the ruins of abandon cities is fun. I don't know what else to say, do some research watch some gameplay, interviews with the creators and then make the decision for yourself.
  56. Jun 14, 2013
    This game has that come-back-for-more effect on the player. Naughty Dog has once again delivered on a fantastic game that's both mature and thought-provoking. All of its elements work to a synergistic masterpiece. Tiny details in the game's presentation also breathe life to the already believable world. Do yourself a favor and let The Last of Us immerse you in a world full of wonder,This game has that come-back-for-more effect on the player. Naughty Dog has once again delivered on a fantastic game that's both mature and thought-provoking. All of its elements work to a synergistic masterpiece. Tiny details in the game's presentation also breathe life to the already believable world. Do yourself a favor and let The Last of Us immerse you in a world full of wonder, danger, and everything else in between. Let's just hope that this isn't the last of The Last of Us! Expand
  57. Jun 14, 2013
    The game was just UNBELIEVABLE!!! and from being a long time fan of naughty dog from its beggining when it first made the crash bandicoot series, this game was a big step up for several reasons.
    1. It was naughty dog's first rated M game.
    1. It was naughty dog's first rated M game.
    2.They made the to attract older audiences with a darker theme, more realistic violence, and more action packed scenes and gameplay aswell as offering difficulty levels. Personally, i am very proud of naughty dog (as i am a big fan aswell). I could also tell they took their time and really focused on the detais of the settings and characters and wanted to make you feel as if you were experiencing this yourself.

And if you were a big fan like me and have owned all the naughty dog games you can agree with me that they have changed from fun, happy and cheerful games like crash bandicoot and jak and daxter series.
    In the future, I hope naughty dog continues to produce great games and stay as an exclusive company producing games only for the playstation.
  58. Jun 14, 2013
    How can anyone give this game a "60"? TLoU is one of the best games i've ever played.
  59. Jun 14, 2013
    One of the best, if not THE best, game of this generation. The trifecta of scenic environments, immersive storytelling, and awesome gameplay promises to pull you in to the very heart of the game; as if you were part of the characters themselves. A must MUST play!!
  60. Jun 14, 2013
    This is how a game should be. This is a masterpiece. This is art. Best adventure/horrorgame I played this year. I don't know why evert character in this game touched my heart; non is forgetable. Amazing! The graphic is just mind blow. The story is mind blow. My mind is blown away. I am fasibated in the world created in this game. Love this game. Deserve every cent. Got it on day one. GetThis is how a game should be. This is a masterpiece. This is art. Best adventure/horrorgame I played this year. I don't know why evert character in this game touched my heart; non is forgetable. Amazing! The graphic is just mind blow. The story is mind blow. My mind is blown away. I am fasibated in the world created in this game. Love this game. Deserve every cent. Got it on day one. Get it people. Irs a must have foreach and every PS3 owner and every real gamer who appreciates real games...and art. Oh man its just so cool. So awsome.it deserved a 10 Expand
  61. Jun 14, 2013
    I will mention only graphic here. While the graphic slowdown and jaggies occasionally happen, its just a reminder of how old PS3 is, not the lag of talent of Naught Dog team. The lighting and shadow casting are the best in games. But the most important thing is this game had presences the most beautiful apocalypse world ever made. Developers had taken great care on building every detail ofI will mention only graphic here. While the graphic slowdown and jaggies occasionally happen, its just a reminder of how old PS3 is, not the lag of talent of Naught Dog team. The lighting and shadow casting are the best in games. But the most important thing is this game had presences the most beautiful apocalypse world ever made. Developers had taken great care on building every detail of the whole city to the smallest detail. The roads, trees, toys, books, posters and everything had been crafted and destructed perfectly to make you believe. Just travelling around the game is worth $60. I can't hardly wait to see this game and more Naughty Dog's games on PS4. Expand
  62. Jun 14, 2013
    this is the best game i have played in awhile and its better than bioshock threes story and that was very good. the graphics and the character facial expressions are amazing. the gameplay is fun u have multiple ways to approach killing humans and infected which causes u to change the way u approch the humans and infected. somebody spoiled the ending for me and i still am enjoying everythis is the best game i have played in awhile and its better than bioshock threes story and that was very good. the graphics and the character facial expressions are amazing. the gameplay is fun u have multiple ways to approach killing humans and infected which causes u to change the way u approch the humans and infected. somebody spoiled the ending for me and i still am enjoying every min i play. this game is a must buy Expand
  63. Jun 14, 2013
    Top 3 games of this generation imo... it's up there with BioShock Infinite and Uncharted 2. Emotional story, great graphics, great gameplay, great sound... nearly perfect.
  64. Jun 14, 2013
    I cant really say much about this game other than buy it and enjoy one of 2013's best games. This game is amazing. I really enjoy this game.
  65. Jun 15, 2013
    I haven't finished yet but I can assure this game is one of the best experiences I had in my gamer live. It's like when you see Rapture fo the very first time, or when you summon your first Aeon in Final Fantasy X... i have no words to express that feeling about being in front something really bigger than you. But I have to say this sensations just keeps repeating over and over almostI haven't finished yet but I can assure this game is one of the best experiences I had in my gamer live. It's like when you see Rapture fo the very first time, or when you summon your first Aeon in Final Fantasy X... i have no words to express that feeling about being in front something really bigger than you. But I have to say this sensations just keeps repeating over and over almost every time an event occur in this game... Also the characters, even the secondary ones, are absolutely memorable and you can feel they are truly alive with their fears and motivations. The atmosphere is absolutely phenomenal with all those plants growing trough the city concrete, the dak zones where you need your torch (which finally it's of unlimited use). The game punishes you so hard if you play trigger happy or if you take damage relying on the health packs that you will realize how easy are the vast majority of the games we actually play. If you are looking for an Uncharted type of game with its one-liners, grenades, assault rifles,regenerative health bars... just forget it. If you want to live a different really hardcore experience with scarce checkpoints just buy the game, select the hard difficulty and let the game drive you to the best experience in gaming i had in years. Expand
  66. Jun 15, 2013
    The Last of Us has been a long time coming, and the wait is finally over, the question is does this game live up to the hype and the Metacritic user reviews? The answer is yes and it seems that Sony has saved the best of it's exclusives for last.

Story: To not go over what has been said before in reviews before me, I will start by saying that the opening ten minutes of this game

Story:
    To not go over what has been said before in reviews before me, I will start by saying that the opening ten minutes of this game explain so much with so little. Naughty Dog has went to great lengths to make sure characters we play as and pull for have deep narratives that compels the player to continue forward. The setting is very much out of the book, "The Road" but with a twist. The use of infection as a fungus that creates fast zombies and as I have dubbed them with my roommate, "Bat Raptors". We ended up playing for about three hours before we knew it, which is a testament to the games pacing and narrative.

Gameplay:
    The idea of this game is basically Uncharted meets survival horror and it pulls this off extremely well. From someone who was played survival horror since it's inception, no other game since Resident Evil 4 and at for what I have played of Amnesia, has me had be panic under pressure. This is the key point of the entire game and regardless of how well you prepare for the next encounter, most first time players will barely scrap through each wave of attacks. The basic stealth mechanic is maybe the highlight to this terror was it is the most effective and painless way to get through a combat issue, but since the AI seems to hug you at all times, combat quickly turns to oh no, oh god quick find cover, where the hell did Ellie go?! Since you don't have regenerative health like in most games, you have to add that to the list of things to juggle when in combat, along with having a extremely finite amount of ammunition and supplies. Players quickly find that bricks and bottles can be thrown at enemies to distract and stun which allows for brutal hand to hand combat which becomes the weapon of choice when all other methods have been exhausted. The real time crafting system adds to this mayhem, it can be both a life saving move or a costly mistake when used mid-combat. The game also rewards players for fully exploring the environment as players will find equipment, bullets, collectable items, vitamins for upgrading Joel himself and scrap metal to upgrade the equipment Joel has. The game does have shortcomings, the AI seems to be invisible when sneaking or always getting caught and at times and I have found a few cheap deaths that are due to bugs. The overall package however is one worth replaying a least one time to max out all the equipment as the game boosts a new game plus and a survivor mode for those how have nerves of steel.

Visuals:
    The game may not be as visually up to par after looking at what is to come this holiday season or even the recent visuals of Metro: Last Light on PC. Once again however, the artwork of the landscapes and maddening attention to detail makes the world come alive. The destroyed Boston which players will first encounter, drops them from the tense and depressing opening to a near hopeless setting of 2033 America. (wink wink to Metro 2033 yet again). Nature is taking back a country that is run by the American military and opposed by the Fireflies who wish to bring back a system of government. What final graphic push that could be brought out of the aging PS3 was done to only compliment a excellent story and setting which immerses the player into the game, a extremely difficult visual feat .

Verdict:
    The Last of Us is not just a great game, it transcends that of what a game should be, it takes what other games have done and refines and uses them to create a unique experience. The best parts of this game are those when you as the player are being forced to play combat by ear and pray that your last supplies will solve the problem. Not all the parts of this game are perfect, they could have used some work, but when your story, atmosphere, combat and characters are this good, you can over look some issues.

Metacritic only allows a 9 or a 10 but honesty this game is a 9.5 or A.
  67. Jun 15, 2013
    This has definitely to be one of the greatest games in 2013. All the hype for this game has not gone to vain, It delivers more than expected. Naughty Dog has managed to combine good game-play, great graphics and and excellent story-line to create a masterpiece titled The Last Of Us.
  68. Jun 15, 2013
    Im giving this game a 10 out of 10, wish I could give it more. This game is a mixture of amazing voice acting, stunning visuals, great graphics,immersive AND believe world, realistic and attaching characters, and some solid and smooth stealth gameplay. Overall this game is right down my alley in terms of what I like, story driven game, post-apocalyptic world, AMAZING soundtrack. Masterpiece.
  69. Jun 15, 2013
    A masterpiece! What I look for in a game is how well I am immersed. This game is completely gripping. Its long there is no follow me markers on the characters and it seamlessly blends realism and fiction. Just Incredibly well done. Did I mention how gorgeous the graphics are?
  70. Jun 15, 2013
    There is nothing really more that I can say about this game other than this is the decades finest. From the beautiful overgrown cities and the dark corridors and amazing character models this game looks stunning. The games length is surprising I finished my walkthrough in 10hrs 35mins which is good I normally complete games quickly and can still see and do everything I completed BioshockThere is nothing really more that I can say about this game other than this is the decades finest. From the beautiful overgrown cities and the dark corridors and amazing character models this game looks stunning. The games length is surprising I finished my walkthrough in 10hrs 35mins which is good I normally complete games quickly and can still see and do everything I completed Bioshock infinte in 7hrs 40mins to give you a rough idea, I thought it was going to be shorter just because of the past games Naughty Dog has delivered like Uncharted. From start to finish it really does not disappoint so it was a nice surprise that the story keeps on going. The cast of characters are nicely varied, brining in there own experiences and problems along the way with superb voice acting through out. The sound throughout this game is superb its suttle but only comes in when needed you will spend most of your time listening to birds, wind, tree branches crackle and the sound of Ellie whistling but its to create a atmosphere that works in every situation but I recommend playing with headphones. No matter what difficulty you play on you will find yourself fearing for your life and scavenging the environment for pick ups, it makes exploration in The Last of Us more entertaining, strategic and more of a realistic approach. The stealth and combat are of a more brutal and realistic nature making fighting an enemy all more worth while it really does make you fight for your life.The AI is smart and will flank and will go to your last known position if moved, the only criticism i had was that some of the AI just stand and look at nothing but it takes nothing out of the experience. Animation in this game is the best I have ever seen from the faces to ducking behind cover and shielding Ellie its makes conveying an emotion in this game so clear. No matter what type of gamer you are sport, shooter or platformer you will love The Last of Us this is Naughty Dog at its peak and for people that are giving the game below a 9 don't listen to them because Naughty Dog should really be applauded at the masterpiece this legendary games company has made. A easy 10/10 It really just shows Naughty Dog is the best games company out there and Sony exclusives are the best on the current market, I recommend buying it as this will be a game to be talked about in years to come. Expand
  71. Jun 15, 2013
    A perfect combination of story, characters and atmosphere. This game speaks for itself. This is not just a game its an art. An unprecedented masterpiece in gaming industry to date.
  72. Jun 15, 2013
    Okay, currently this game is rivalling Uncharted 2 and MGS4 for the best game of this gen.

This game is not afraid to KICK YOU IN THE BALLS, over and over and over again. You'll know what I mean once you play it. The paralyzing opening sequence is one of the best of all time. This game is also the first game ever to be genuinely SCARY. It's the only time in any game (or movie because

This game is also the first game ever to be genuinely SCARY. It's the only time in any game (or movie because horror movies suck these days and are predictable) that I've actually felt fear. The dark areas with clickers will make your heart pound constantly.

And the jaw-dropping artistic visuals, expert voice acting, and insanely detailed animations are the best on consoles ever.

The multiplayer, too, gives the same experience as the story, due to its brilliant design. It feels extremely tense, and sometimes scary too, with so many video-worthy moments per match. Think of a survival-themed SOCOM. Yeah it's almost that tactical.

If you're reading this review, it means you're not playing the game. So get back to playing it!

IN NAUGHTY GOD WE TRUST

Also, who are these poor jealous pathetic xbox teenagers coming here to rage and give this game a zero for a save bug that could be fixed by restarting the system and no progress was lost. (and the bug itself was fixed within hours of the game's release)
  73. Jun 15, 2013
    This game is really beautiful, I'm not disappointed naughty dog's. Graphics, gameplay, characters, he gives everything it's really fun i love this game
  74. Jun 15, 2013
    15 hours in this game i dont know why people talkin about graphics,graphics are insane legendary gameplay ,great conversation it is a masterpiece.
  75. Jun 15, 2013
    Naughty Dog does it again, an amazing ,engaging experience that leaves you wanting more.
    If you like adventure games or any game in general this is a must buy
  76. Jun 15, 2013
    One of the best games of all the generations. Innovative. Amazing. What I dont get is how people that cant play the game is so obseesed with lowering the socre. Some people just enter to put a 0 and lower the score. Some other just enter to put a yellow mark to lower the score and they lie saying that it is OVERRATED. come on! that`s pathetic. Those are the same who give remember me FOROne of the best games of all the generations. Innovative. Amazing. What I dont get is how people that cant play the game is so obseesed with lowering the socre. Some people just enter to put a 0 and lower the score. Some other just enter to put a yellow mark to lower the score and they lie saying that it is OVERRATED. come on! that`s pathetic. Those are the same who give remember me FOR XBOX pay attention to that detail.. a 10/10 masterpiece mark. Yeah.. How realible is their criteria huh? I can do nothing but laugh at their stupidity The game is a masterpiece simply as that. The ones who are real gamer will enjoy it. The ones who started playing this generation will eventually get bored since they doo not know nothing about videogamjes. I actually readone guy saying 10 minutes in cover because of the licer.. that is not fun at all'' Here`s your answer You suck at playing real video games.. Go and play Halo or COD or another generic shooter like fast food for the moroons with bitter taste :P ...

Wann keep fighting lowering the socre? Bring it on.. I`lll raise it till heaven.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  77. Jun 15, 2013
    Very nice game. I play something about 2 hours, but was enough to make this review.
    The graphics is the best of ps3, however make we miss the next gen or a game for hardcore pc.

The story is very nice, the ambient is very beatiful. I didnt look for multiplayer yet.
  78. Jun 15, 2013
    Look, without spoiling anything, I will just say this: The Last of Us is one of the best games of all time, no exaggeration. If you're a (real) gamer you will enjoy this. I don't recommend for those that don't pay attention to stories though, because Story is the best thing about this game. Buy this masterpiece!
  79. Jun 15, 2013
    This game is absolutely amazing. All around amazing!! I just recommend to at least give it a try before you make your own decision. From start to finish this game is incredible, amazing story which is expected since this game comes from the same studio that developed uncharted (naughtydog). Visuals are fantastic, fighting and stealth kills are very unique and fun. I will not be surprisedThis game is absolutely amazing. All around amazing!! I just recommend to at least give it a try before you make your own decision. From start to finish this game is incredible, amazing story which is expected since this game comes from the same studio that developed uncharted (naughtydog). Visuals are fantastic, fighting and stealth kills are very unique and fun. I will not be surprised if this game wins a tone of goty awards. This is definitely my game of the year. Like I said before it is definitely worth playing for yourself. Expand
  80. Jun 15, 2013
    The Last of Us is a masterpiece. The story is heartwarming and the characters are incredible. Troy Baker and Ashley Johnson are amazing in The Last of Us. The gameplay gives you some amazing AI with intense combat, cool crafting elements and freedom, most areas let you explore to (in most cases) a great extend which will help make the game last longer (which I clocked in 14+ hours on myThe Last of Us is a masterpiece. The story is heartwarming and the characters are incredible. Troy Baker and Ashley Johnson are amazing in The Last of Us. The gameplay gives you some amazing AI with intense combat, cool crafting elements and freedom, most areas let you explore to (in most cases) a great extend which will help make the game last longer (which I clocked in 14+ hours on my first run on hard). The graphics and environments are beautiful and just a sight to look at (and that's not even considering how old the hardware is). The metal system from Uncharted 1 and 2 have returned in the form of 'tags' which extend your replay value as well as many collectibles and hard trophies. You also have the 'survivor' difficulty to handle and lots of cool goodies to play with (like a Jak & Daxter T-shirt for Ellie). There was one point near the end of the game that showed just how powerful the story is that just really touched me so deeply, it was that moment I said I don't care about the minor glitches with the AI, I' am giving this game a 10 out of 10... My first 10/10 (with me giving Uncharted 2 a 9.9)! I have not yet played the multiplayer of the game, but regardless of how good or bad it could be, The Last of Us is the one video game you must absolutely play in your lifetime.

81. Jun 15, 2013
    One of the best games this gen. I'm not overhyping it to get people to buy it. Nope. This is a genuine review. The Last of Us is a masterpiece, in ever way. From story to gameplay to graphics (which might not seem that impressive to some after the next gen reveals at E3) to voice acting, etc. The game is simply perfect. Get it as soon as possible.
  82. Jun 15, 2013
    Let's see... Do you like story-driven games with immersive voice acting/cut-scenes and great gameplay? If yes, then this game is for you. The Last of Us is one of the best games this gen and I recommend to every (real) gamer out there. Have fun!
  83. Jun 15, 2013
    The hype leading up to my chance to play The Last of Us had me worried, as it seemed like I would be disappointed because I thought no game could live up to the expectations I had for it. I was wrong. Naughty Dog has succeeded in crafting what is undoubtedly one of the absolute best games of all time, an emotional tour de force that, while set in a post-apocalyptic,The hype leading up to my chance to play The Last of Us had me worried, as it seemed like I would be disappointed because I thought no game could live up to the expectations I had for it. I was wrong. Naughty Dog has succeeded in crafting what is undoubtedly one of the absolute best games of all time, an emotional tour de force that, while set in a post-apocalyptic, zombie-in-all-but-name-only-infested world, spends a lot of time exploring the humanity of enduring such an environment.

Some reviews have criticized the actual gameplay, but I love it. The game rewards players who can think creatively and act stealthily over those who can shoot the enemies dead the fastest. By other metrics, the game makes no compromises: for a game running on almost 7-year-old hardware, the graphics are stunning, with the writing, voice acting, art direction, soundtrack, and level design all among the absolute best in the video game world.

The game has kept me greatly on edge and had me in tears less than an hour into the game. It has kept me in awe of both the ugliness of many of the areas ravaged by the events of the game and the sheer beauty of those that nature has reclaimed in the absence of meddling from humanity, infected or not.

Games like this and Bioshock Infinite make me optimistic about the future of gaming. The Last of Us is a true masterpiece, ranking among not only among my absolute favorite video games of all time, but among my favorite entries in any art/entertainment medium. It's often gritty and heavy, but it greatly rewards those who enjoy deep, sometimes tragic, character-driven storytelling: the same strategy that networks like HBO and AMC seem to be focusing on with their original content in recent years to much success.

All in all, if the idea of a post-apocalyptic survival game doesn't completely turn you off, you owe it to yourself to play this game.
  84. Jun 15, 2013
    I wouldn't call this game perfect, but it's pretty close for me. I wanted to rate this a 9.8. Since I cannot, I will give it a 10 because it is closer to a 10 than a 9. There IS the occasional glitch (as with most games), but the only thing that really takes me out of the experience is when Ellie will run out in front of the enemies and they will not see her at all! These moments remindI wouldn't call this game perfect, but it's pretty close for me. I wanted to rate this a 9.8. Since I cannot, I will give it a 10 because it is closer to a 10 than a 9. There IS the occasional glitch (as with most games), but the only thing that really takes me out of the experience is when Ellie will run out in front of the enemies and they will not see her at all! These moments remind you that you're playing a game and take you out of the experience.

Other than that, the story is absolutely top notch, the acting is top notch. One of the most engaging experiences I've ever played. (and I've been gaming since around the age of 3 back in '83!) The combat is underpowered in comparison to other games, but I LOVE that. It really gives a sense of fear and dread as you move along in the game. It really emphasizes the need for stealth. I would recommend this game to almost anyone, except for those who just absolutely loathe stealth games. Even then, you should give it a shot at least for the story and acting. The first 10 minutes will make at least a tear come to your eye. If it doesn't, then you probably aren't human.
  85. Jun 15, 2013
    the only people giving this a rating lower 8 are fake ps3 owners aka xbox fanboys... this is one of the best games ever made to date... its a masterpiece. This game is what a true survival game should be... you should be sneaking around and you should be thinking about is it worth it firing this gun.
  86. Jun 15, 2013
    Although this games story isn't no more than 20 hours long. It is perhaps one of the best games of 2013. It just has alot of emotion in the story and makes the entire single player experience one of a lifetime. The main characters Joel and Ellie are developed really well. They feel very human and alive which makes the story pop out even more. I haven't tried multiplayer yet, but afterAlthough this games story isn't no more than 20 hours long. It is perhaps one of the best games of 2013. It just has alot of emotion in the story and makes the entire single player experience one of a lifetime. The main characters Joel and Ellie are developed really well. They feel very human and alive which makes the story pop out even more. I haven't tried multiplayer yet, but after finishing the story I already feel I got my moneys worth.

If people don't like this game then joke is on them, because without a doubt in my personal opinion this is the best game in 2013.
  87. Jun 15, 2013
    I really like this action-survival-horror -next generation game, forget all this MS haters...if I compare the graphics of this great game with GTA IV, Darksiders, Mass Effect 3, Skyrim, Hitman, the action, gameplay, are matchless. It's not a perfect game, not at all, not for all, but I like it and it's my kind of game.
  88. Jun 15, 2013
    Mere words cannot describe the emotional epic story this game has to offer. All I can say is that if you like a game with a good story and loveable characters get this right away (unless your a xbox user). Its an experience that any true gamer will enjoy.
  89. Jun 15, 2013
    The Last of Us, a survival game with an amazing story, soundtrack, and characters. The gameplay is also very nice (the limited amount of ammo, adds a survival feeling to it). Multiplayer is great as well, but to me thats just icing on the cake. The story is where this game really shines.
  90. Jun 15, 2013
    "...Even the best video games that have the most consistent worlds haven't been able to match their individual elements in such a way as to give you what Naughty Dog's game can give you..."

Greek Review http://goo.gl/2WUxN
  91. Jun 15, 2013
    TLOU is the best game I have ever played to date. Never mind about the negative comments which I believe came from users who never played the game. If you are a gamer get this game ASAP.
  92. Jul 5, 2013
    I know that most people are judging the game by it's story, and I could only judge it by that, i would give the game 100/10. Now, here are categories and my opinions and scores. Story: 10000000/10. Gameplay: 10/10. Atmosphere: 10/10. Graphics: 10/10. Amount of glitches/bugs I encountered: 4. Plus, the AI is pretty dumb at times. Overall, 9.9/10. One of the best games I've ever played.
  93. Jun 15, 2013
    2 words: the story. This is probably the single best storyline I'very ever experienced in a videogame. The story is without a doubt what makes this game great. The character depth is unparalleled... the voice acting is full of emotion. It just works. And then there's the visuals. Say what you like, but there aren't any console games who's graphics and overall atmosphere can surpass The2 words: the story. This is probably the single best storyline I'very ever experienced in a videogame. The story is without a doubt what makes this game great. The character depth is unparalleled... the voice acting is full of emotion. It just works. And then there's the visuals. Say what you like, but there aren't any console games who's graphics and overall atmosphere can surpass The Last of Us. And finally the gameplay... it's realistic. Personally, I thoroughly enjoy the desperation of it allnand how challenging it can be. If you don't like it, I suppose I can understand why, its Nothing shockingly new. For me though, the depth of this story and the polished feel of the game cannot be anything less than a 9.5/10 Expand
  94. Jun 15, 2013
    Unbeliveable beginning Then they shock me again. Only played for about 3 hours and I'm already impressed. Very brutal, and I love it, Bet you see this on the news that its why the whole world is killing. But we know better. Just buy the game you won't regret it.
  95. Jun 15, 2013
    Perfect game by a perfect studio. The Last of Us is a story driven game which sees you go to hell and back. (not literally). The gameplay is smooth and gory which reflects the dark story.
  96. Jun 15, 2013
    One of the best games that I have ever played. The combat system is very realistic for an apocalypse. More than once I found myself taking the stealthy route due to a lack of bullets, which just draws me into the experience even more. Bravo, Naughty Dog, Bravo.
  97. Jun 15, 2013
    This is the kind of experience that solidifies games as art. You cannot argue after playing this that games are not art. This is a beautiful game, both graphically and emotionally. The game play is excellent, but that isn't even the point. The point is the world in which you are immersed in, which is what art is meant to do, to transport you to another place. It does that, more so thanThis is the kind of experience that solidifies games as art. You cannot argue after playing this that games are not art. This is a beautiful game, both graphically and emotionally. The game play is excellent, but that isn't even the point. The point is the world in which you are immersed in, which is what art is meant to do, to transport you to another place. It does that, more so than many books or movies that I have seen. An excellent game. Expand
  98. Jun 15, 2013
    This game is AMAZING, very good plot, breathtaking graphics for a console game, controls are perfect for a survival game. And you'd think the multiplayer's nothing special, but surprisingly it's awesome.
  99. Jun 15, 2013
    I have to comment on other's reviews on this game. Some say the beginning is boring and takes long to start bu really if you cant enjoy a good story and prefer action junkie games that is fine, no need for your comments.The multiplayer is amazing! Never have i seen a game push players to use stealth like this game I rated this 10 because for one thing, great facial expression. NothingI have to comment on other's reviews on this game. Some say the beginning is boring and takes long to start bu really if you cant enjoy a good story and prefer action junkie games that is fine, no need for your comments.The multiplayer is amazing! Never have i seen a game push players to use stealth like this game I rated this 10 because for one thing, great facial expression. Nothing makes me feel better than putting someone in a sleeper hold and being able to turn the camera and see the perfeft expression, rather than most games where they pass out with this face And *short tiny unimportant spoiler) when the first important character dies, the FACIAL EXPRESSION URGHHH eminated real emotions :P anyways completely worth the money. Why are you still reading this you could've bought the game already and seen for yourself. ALSO if you can't appreciate a good game and prefer something like Dead Island, I pity your console. Expand
  100. Jun 15, 2013
    Dark, gritty, tense, some small things that make this THE GAME OF THE GENERATION! Not for the faint of heart. Some scenes really dig deep with the human fear to die, and really make you think about it.

1. Sep 16, 2013
  2. Sep 10, 2013
  3. Official PlayStation Magazine Benelux
    Sep 4, 2013
    Despite the breakneck pace of the prologue, it takes quite a while for The Last of Us to pick up some speed again. However, once the cold harsh winter arrives, the action (and story) ramps up. So much so, it puts most Hollywood productions to shame. [July 2013, p.76]