• Publisher: SCEA
  • Release Date: Jun 14, 2013
9.1

1. May 4, 2015
    As if I even needed to write a review for this game. Everyone else has said it already; this is one of the best games of all time. Beautiful graphics, challenging but intuitive gameplay, and a story that takes so many tropes we thought we were tired of and turns them into the most beautiful experience I've ever had in any entertainment medium, ever. You'll laugh, you'll cry, you'll fall inAs if I even needed to write a review for this game. Everyone else has said it already; this is one of the best games of all time. Beautiful graphics, challenging but intuitive gameplay, and a story that takes so many tropes we thought we were tired of and turns them into the most beautiful experience I've ever had in any entertainment medium, ever. You'll laugh, you'll cry, you'll fall in love with The Last of Us. A true modern masterpiece. Expand
  2. May 4, 2015
    Having finally picked this up, it became one of those games that I ran through in one go... sure I slept and worked in between, but from start to finish it didn't get removed from my console until I was done.

A very emotional story from the very start, this is the main thing that will pull you on through the game. The controls, especially the gunplay, are very expertly done too. I

I haven't thought this about many games of recent times, but this game verges on TOO long sometimes, but still I found myself hoping it would never end... what a paradox!

The atmosphere in the post-apocalyptic world is perfectly realised. Unlike many such games, which pit you against ghouls and zombies then introduce the perhaps more dangerous human enemies, this game turns that on its head. The enemy design is fantastic, and some levels are truly tense experiences as you try to bypass the clickers... which I won't spoil here, but they share one thing with L4D's witch - when you hear the audio cues of their proximity, you WILL tense up.

Buy it.
  3. Apr 16, 2015
    Guesssssssssss what, this is also just cuzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz i can
  4. Mar 27, 2015
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Good graphics, gameplay is lacking depth. Characters are interesting but story is nothing special. It baffles me that people are giving it 10/10. I mean what is really special about this game? It is practically a corridor shooter, RE4 has done that better this game. Expand
  5. Mar 27, 2015
    There are few games that come along that are able to combine stunning visuals, immersive worlds, engaging gameplay, impeccable writing, superb character development, meaningful collectibles, and the ability to carry those accomplishments through a well-paced and suspenseful narrative that leaves you satisfied, resolved, yet wanting more. The Last of Us achieves this, perhaps better thanThere are few games that come along that are able to combine stunning visuals, immersive worlds, engaging gameplay, impeccable writing, superb character development, meaningful collectibles, and the ability to carry those accomplishments through a well-paced and suspenseful narrative that leaves you satisfied, resolved, yet wanting more. The Last of Us achieves this, perhaps better than any game before it and it’ll be awhile until it happens again. This is all because of the masterful geniuses over at Naughty Dog, a game development studio that prides itself on the ability to create interactive stories that entertain on a whole other level. This particular game was led by Neil Druckmann and Bruce Straley whose delicate balance between movie-esque cutscenes and player control help create an ebb and flow that works flawlessly.

The Last of Us follows the relationship of Joel and Ellie as they fight for survival in a post-apocalyptic world. Joel is a middle-aged man who has become hardened by the world, while Ellie is a young fourteen year old girl who has known nothing besides the quarantine zone she has lived in her whole life. Outside the quarantine zone walls are infected humans who have become victim to Cordyceps, a real type of fungus that takes over the brain (so far only in insects, don’t freak out) and causes odd behavior. Perhaps the greater threats are the humans who are not infected, who fight for the little resources that are left in this world.
    These resources are scarce, and are what makes The Last of Us gameplay something unique, special, and fun. During my first play-through on the PlayStation 3, I played through the normal mode and searched everywhere for anything I could find, and gathered together quite a bit of supplies. But even at my highest moments I had only a couple rounds of ammo. When I returned to the game on the PlayStation 4, I opted for the hardest difficulty, Grounded, and rarely had more than a handful of bullets. This makes every encounter with any enemy tense, forcing you to be stealthy and use bricks and bottles to distract opponents one by one. No matter the difficulty, The Last of Us makes sure you know the desperation that Joel feels and the motivation he must maintain to make every shot count.

The enemies you use these resources against are exceptional as well, with AI and dialogue that make them feel human. For example, if you shoot at a hunter with no more ammo and your gun clicks, then he will shout “he’s out of ammo!” and the rest of the group will become more aggressive. If you take an enemy hostage as a human shield then the others will plead for you to let him go with surprisingly earnest and distressed inflection. This makes murder in The Last of Us feel more real than almost any other game, for you genuinely feel the weight of the death in a world with not many people left.

The other adversaries you’ll encounter are infected humans who are found in different stages of infection. Some are in the initial stages of the fungi spreading in their head, causing them to be able to see and run, yet their hearing is awful. The fungus then explodes out of their eyes, causing them to be unable to see but giving them bat-like sonar hearing. They are also a much greater threat with their bites able to kill you instantly. This balance between humans, “runners,” “Clickers,” and more make each new environment thrilling. You must strategize for each kind of encounter and constantly shift your play-style in order to adjust to the foe you face.

All of this fighting for survival takes place in a world where nature has reclaimed everything. Skyscrapers and buildings crumble as years of rain, rot, and rust slowly cause cities to decay. Grass and trees grow in the cracks and turn urban areas into lush forests. Naughty Dog’s attention to detail, use of vivid colors as well as appealing earth tones, and wonderful ambient music (composed by the gifted Gustavo Santaolalla) set the stage for every moment of survival, rest, and exploration.

Neil Druckmann’s writing is dark, authentic, and believable in every character. Out of a fear of spoiling the development of any of the characters I will simply say that Joel and Ellie are characters of tremendous depth, and each member of the accompanying cast not only inspire evolution of Joel and Ellie’s personality but also have enough complexity to stand on their own. These characters are portrayed exquisitely by extraordinarily talented actors, including Troy Baker (Joel) and Ashley Johnson (Ellie). Naughty Dog uses motion capture on a stage to capture both body movements and voice work at the same time to create a fluid and natural performance.

The Last of Us is a work of art, a work of genius, and a masterpiece that sets a very high standard for story-driven games going forward. The diligence of Naughty Dog pays off and their success is a game everyone should experience. Go play it, and make every shot count.
  6. Mar 25, 2015
    I played "The Last of Us" when it first came out, and to this day it's still my favorite game. When describing it to friends I describe the experience of playing this game as, "3 days of nonstop anxiety and sadness, and absolutely stunning" but it is really so much more than that.

The animation style was fluid and beautiful, and put you in the mindset and emotional state required to play as those characters, and to really invest yourself in the story, and it allowed you to really think, "what would I do in this situation."

I am a little bit biased towards liking stories and games like this; however. A realistic (almost to realistic story) highlighting the moral ambiguity or dubiousness of a character.

Good story, music and animation. I would recommend it to anyone who could handle it.
  7. Mar 22, 2015
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Beautifully written. One of those rare games that ACTUALLY deserve a 10. This game is a great example of how to do story right AND maintain that level to the end. Usually stories in games just are inconsistent, but not here. The gameplay part might not revolutionize gaming in general, but it does it well and it is kind of a thrilling ride.

It is also an example of how to take something cliche, like zombies/infected in general and make it original. That kind of stuff surprises you. More gems like this are needed.
  8. Mar 22, 2015
    When a game genre is getting stale, it will usually disappear forever...but not so for the survival horror games and that's all thanks to this masterpiece called The Last of Us. The story is full of suspense and emotional moments which was formerly something you'd only find in films. You can really connect to the main characters here (Joel and Ellie) which is always something that I'dWhen a game genre is getting stale, it will usually disappear forever...but not so for the survival horror games and that's all thanks to this masterpiece called The Last of Us. The story is full of suspense and emotional moments which was formerly something you'd only find in films. You can really connect to the main characters here (Joel and Ellie) which is always something that I'd appreciate. The gameplay (specifically the combat) is refreshing and the visuals surprised me in the best way possible. Get The Last of Us. Get it now. Expand
  9. Mar 19, 2015
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The Last Of Us definitely deserves the praise it has been showered with. Yes, it is the typical zombie apocalypse setting; and yes, the survival horror game play is not exactly new; but these points are missing what the game sets out to do. It sets out to be an immersive experience attempting to craft characters you want to care about. From the very beginning, the game succeeds in getting you emotionally invested. When Joel's daughter dies right in the beginning, you feel it right along with him and the feeling of loss never leaves through the game. It only intensifies as the game progresses and leaves you to question what both Joel's and Ellie's existence means to each other and because of that, you see how they both end up relying on each other to heal past emotional wounds. Essentially, their relationship becomes a reflection of Joel's father daughter relationship where Joel cares enough for Ellie to do anything to not lose her just so he doesn't have to lose his (figurative) daughter again.

The beauty of the this idea lies in the ending. All throughout the game, the theme of kill or be killed is hammered in. There is no true defining sense of what's morally right and all throughout the game all of your actions are justified: Ellie is the hope for civilization because she is immune. !!(Spoilers)!! But When Joel finds out Ellie will die from further research into her immunity, he endeavors to save her because he can't stand to lose his daughter again, despite the fact that her death may lead to the cure for humankind. This act of saving a life, usually a noble act, is turned into the biggest atrocity in the game. Bigger than the hunters who kill people for supplies and bigger than the clan of cannibals. Joel's selfish act may very well have sealed societies fate and thereby makes him the biggest monster the game has to offer. By growing with Joel you can understand his pains and why he did it. Ellie saved his life and he may feel he owes her that; but despite this, you have to feel disgusted and question whether his ultimate choice was right. Certainly these themes are not new; but regardless of that, they are presented extremely well.

The acting, the cut scenes and dialogue all are masterfully done. While the overall story and events sometimes can be predictable, this doesn't detract from the quality of how its told. Overall, the game play is tense because the balance of items and ammunition is perfect. I never felt I was in a situation where I was screwed on resources nor a situation where I had an abundance of resources. Because of this, I needed to plan on how to approach enemies just to survive without being screwing myself over. While the fighting was fun, a few non-fighting components got overused quickly. The palette ferry system for Ellie (she can't swim) got annoying after the second time it had to be done; there seemed to be no lack of conveniently placed portable ladders; and movable dumpsters for that matter. In addition to those tiresome mechanics, the maps, while beautiful and fun to explore, are entirely linear.

Overall, The Last Of Us is a clear example what a game is defined as now: interactive cinema. I'm not talking about quick time events; I'm talking about engrossing narrative cutscenes and a smart story intertwined with fantastic game play. This succeeds in both and sets the bar high for what a real game should contain.
  10. Mar 19, 2015
    The Last of Us is the greatest game to have ever been released, EVER. Within minutes the game tugs at your heart strings with a story that is one of the greatest to ever be told, EVER. The single player campaign is lengthy, but not diluted with filler. The Last of Us gives you the opportunity to play a tight third person shooter in a way that is tailored to how you want to play. YouThe Last of Us is the greatest game to have ever been released, EVER. Within minutes the game tugs at your heart strings with a story that is one of the greatest to ever be told, EVER. The single player campaign is lengthy, but not diluted with filler. The Last of Us gives you the opportunity to play a tight third person shooter in a way that is tailored to how you want to play. You can sneak around pretending to be Sam Fisher, or go in guns-a-blazin like Marcus Michael Fenix. If you own a Playstation 3 or a Playstation 4 and have not played this title, stop everything and go play this game. If you do not own a Playstation 3 or a Playstation 4, go buy one, and pick up a copy of The Last of Us, and play this game! Expand
  11. Mar 18, 2015
    A stunning and amazing game, yet I wish the trophies in the game were more easily obtainable, as well as the story, it's a little bit disappointing at times, but it completely makes up for that with every other element the game has to offer.
  12. Mar 17, 2015
    amazing game challenging yet fair. best linear story EVER! Multiplayer to me lacks though third person view in multiplayer breeds camping and the constant dlc for outfits and killing animations kind of sours the experience.
  13. Mar 6, 2015
    Love this game. Story and characters and acting is top notch. I believed and cared about them. I plan to play it again. I can't find a negative thing to say about it. Looking forward to the DLC.
  14. Mar 6, 2015
    the game filled with good stuff and overall looks great but when I look at the game as a whole I just dont like it.

maybe I just got too hyped and my anticipation were too high? or maybe I just got sick of all the other stealth apocalypse horror survival games? The game is full of beautiful cutsences. well, maybe there's too mcuh of those, which makes it feel like a long movie

maybe I just got too hyped and my anticipation were too high?

The game is full of beautiful cutsences. well, maybe there's too mcuh of those, which makes it feel like a long movie rather then a game.

It seems like they worn off uncharted to make it more stealth like but at the half way through decided to eventually drop this idea too.
    There are a lots of elements to the game like crafting and exploring, but neither of them feels satisfying or extraordinary.

5 is exactly in the middle of 0-10, and I could not describe it any better - its just an average game.
    I would even give it less, because of the problem with the too many cutsences, or the generacity of the story, but the fact thats its pretty polished and made with high quality im giving it extra points.
  15. Mar 6, 2015
    I punched a dude in the face using a brick.... I bought a playstasion 3 just for playing this game and I have to say it was worth it.. Although some things that happen are a bit predictable the overall story is amazing! I won't say anything else just play it!
  16. Mar 2, 2015
    Impressive story, very good gameplay, very good graphics and a legendary game. But I can say the A.I. is not that good and multiplayer mode is too unbalanced but I think no one plays this game for multiplayer.
  17. Feb 26, 2015
    Saying this game is perfect does not even do it justice. Never has a game effected me emotionally like this has before. Every main character you meet, you either fall in love with, or hate, and the voice acting couldn't be more perfect. This, for me, is the best game ever made.
  18. Feb 20, 2015
    The best PS3 exclusive. History, graphics, ambience, sound, characters, everything perfect. This game has a lot of love for many fans, empathy Joel and Ellie is best seen in video games in years, applause Naugthy Dog masterpiece.
  19. Feb 18, 2015
    this is got to be the best game i"v played.
    It so rocks in every way.
    I so in joy playing this game.thank to every one that help make this game come to be.
    Keep up the good work will be looking for more good work to come out of naughty dog.
    the men and women have doing a banging up job on this on.keep it up naughty dog.
    It gets 10 out 10 from this player.
  20. Feb 16, 2015
    Last of us is True Survivor Horror Game unlike Resident Evil 4 Resident Evil 5 Resident Evil 6 Resident Evil Revelations Resident Evil Revelations 2 Combine.
    If you liked Survivor Horror Game buy Last of us Digital or New Sealed not Soulless Used.

Please Avoid DLC otherthen Left Behind since Rest are Pay to Unlock aka On Disc DLC.
  21. Feb 16, 2015
    I'm not usually someone who gives out perfect scores to newer games but I feel that Naughty Dog deserve it for The Last of Us. It's the perfect last title to play on your PS3, with some unforgettable moments (the university level being my personal favorite), interesting gameplay mechanics, and truly impressive visuals for a PS3 exclusive. Uncharted 2: Among Thieves may still be my favoriteI'm not usually someone who gives out perfect scores to newer games but I feel that Naughty Dog deserve it for The Last of Us. It's the perfect last title to play on your PS3, with some unforgettable moments (the university level being my personal favorite), interesting gameplay mechanics, and truly impressive visuals for a PS3 exclusive. Uncharted 2: Among Thieves may still be my favorite PS3 game but The Last of Us is also something truly special -- one of those games that you just need to play all the way through to fully appreciate. Expand
  22. Feb 9, 2015
    A true masterpiece. This game checks all the boxes: gameplay is very convincing (as far as stealth games go), graphics and sounds are incredible, the story is very very well explained and dialogs are top-notch. A fantastic game that every PS3/PS4 owner must have.
  23. Feb 6, 2015
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Great game and great storyline. Unfortunately, one of the programmers probably either quit or catched a flu so his 4 year old son had to take over.

Because i cant think of any other reason why they made a great game and screwed up badly at the restaurantfight with Ellie. Apparently they ran out of inspiration on how to create a decent and balanced "bossfight" and just decided "hey, since i cant be arsed to write a decent AI for this fight, so lets just give the boss unlimited ammo, a wallhack so he can see through walls and let him just run and move without being visible when Ellie is listening.
    I played this part of the game several times to test and no matter where you hide, that guy just "by coincidence" knows exactly where you are and no matter where in the restaurant he is, he walks straight towards your hiding place.

It makes playing this part of the game as joyfull as playing COD with several wallhackers/aimbots.

Too bad because the rest of the game is very good and addictive (except from a few rediculous glitches that is)
  24. Jan 29, 2015
    Quite possibly the greatest game ever made, the story mode alone makes this game a 10, from its characters, the amazing storytelling to the spectacular gameplay mechanics and well made cutscenes, the only problem with the game is the AI, other than that the game is perfect.
  25. Jan 26, 2015
    What can I say that no one else has said, great unique gameplay, a variety of engaging, well developed characters and an out of this world narrative. The online for this was great and it is just a marvel all the way for gaming, I just loved this game.
  26. Jan 22, 2015
    After watching AngryJoes video review of this , I though (well,ok,TIME TO GO TO GAMESTOP!) . Moments later,I got the game out of the case and placed it inside the DVD-ROM of my Playstation 3. And "OH MY GOD" , this game is absolutely MIND-BLOWING! Just the characters and how well acted they are is already a worthy 5! But that's just the characters,how 'bout the story you ask? It's theAfter watching AngryJoes video review of this , I though (well,ok,TIME TO GO TO GAMESTOP!) . Moments later,I got the game out of the case and placed it inside the DVD-ROM of my Playstation 3. And "OH MY GOD" , this game is absolutely MIND-BLOWING! Just the characters and how well acted they are is already a worthy 5! But that's just the characters,how 'bout the story you ask? It's the final icing to the cake on this one! It's the one thing that gives this game all the praise from the CRITICS and the FANS! Oh and the gameplay , gameplay is so amazing , may yet be the BEST 3RD-PERSON SHOOTER EVER MADE . So with all that said,the game,of course also has atleast a bit of faults. In this case,the only fault of this game is it's ending . And it ended up giving me the "MEH" kind of feeling in top tier games like this. If that really was the ending of this game,then I HOPE that "The Last of Us 2" will just be as a MASTERPIECE as this one! Don't fail the sequel! Oh DEAR GOD PLEASE!

But will all that said,this game deserves the highest rating I could possibly give. A 10/10
    No Doubt,XBOX Fanboys and girls,just try not to wage war on us (Sony Fans) because we praise this game. It's just because it's that amazing and its that of a MASTERPIECE! GO GET A PS3 OR PS4!
  27. Jan 21, 2015
    I gotta say, I played this expecting it to be really good. Heard it was great so I got in in mid summer 2014. I loved the games story, though I was frustrated the first time playing but I was still learning so I can't complain. The replay of the video games story is wonderful, graphics are great. The multiplayer is fun and it's just a great adventure overall. People complain about howI gotta say, I played this expecting it to be really good. Heard it was great so I got in in mid summer 2014. I loved the games story, though I was frustrated the first time playing but I was still learning so I can't complain. The replay of the video games story is wonderful, graphics are great. The multiplayer is fun and it's just a great adventure overall. People complain about how games are becoming more like a movie, though isn't that a good thing? Look at the Resident Evil movies, nobody liked them but the stories in the video games aren't great either. I am happy that this video game is having an official movie and no doubt it will be great as well. Expand
  28. Jan 21, 2015
    A masterpiece. Naughty dog had a lot of expectations and they did not fail to deliver them. The creators of the critically acclaimed one of the best game trilogies of all time "Uncharted" Came back with a boom. The game set the tone early and you were hooked instantly. Great character development, Beautiful scenery, outstanding dialogue, and a compelling story.
  29. Jan 19, 2015
    Where do I start....Graphics A+, Sound A+, Story A+, Missions A+

Did not feel like I was playing the game on a last gen console. Never for a second felt boring or took my attention away...
  30. Jan 19, 2015
    this game is easily not only my ps3 game of all time it was also my game of the year of 2013 if anyone has a ps3 or a ps4 play this game you will not regret it
  31. Jan 18, 2015
    The game would be perfect, if it had more diversity in its story, so as to give it more replay value.

Other than that, the game also has a fantastic multiplayer, IMO, that kept me coming back for all those years since the game released.
  32. Jan 16, 2015
    By far the best game I have ever played graphics are stunning story is amazing I love how you have to scavenge for everything it is very realistic fighting is great some of the zombies really spook me when they pop out of nowhere the gameplay is so smooth. AMAZING GAME
  33. Dec 30, 2014
    The Last of Us creates a story with a fully realized world and well developed characters that grips you and absorbs you to the world. The lingering of dread really adds to the survival aspect of the game. And the gameplay just adds to how excellent the game is, because it really feels like a true survival horror. This is a definitive masterpiece.
  34. Dec 28, 2014
    Hands down best gaming experience for me in the last 10 years. Controls are tight, gameplay is solid, story is engrossing, characters are believable and seamlessly integrated. Nothing but praise here, Buy it.. Play it... Enjoy it.
  35. Dec 23, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. For starters, this game is OK, but not good enough to justify a 60 usd buy.

Ellie is greatly made and lively, but the rest, specially Joel, are pretty bland and predictable. The plot has it's ups and downs, more downs to me than ups. The script forces the player to make only one decision (like when you have to pass the hunter's barracade on chapter six, I tried to pass stealthly, and there was NO WAY to pass it, if I didn't kill every hunter, just because a cutscene needed to be triggered, or the ending itself), making the game pretty narrow. Also, the story tries so hard to slap you in the face that has realistic characters and plotline, and falls short with some Deux ex machina, like when Joel JUST HAPPENED to wake up to rescue Ellie, being kidnapped by the hunters.
    Also, i felt the story and storywriter was laughing at me when the last part of the game starts. The investigations tend to "support" the desitions of the fireflys to, litteraly, disect Ellie's brain to produce a "cure", killing her on the process saying that no samples could last (that's a first insult to the intelect of the player), yet also investigations allegate that scientists couldn't recreate a monkey specimen to produce that inmunology, so they didn't know what where they doing, so basicly they are killing the ONLY SHOT they have to save humanity to make something they don't know if it is going to work (because, SCIENCE!), just to trigger Joel to kill everyone, despite he wanted to dump Ellie 3 times and just bounded on the last part, letting you understand that He sees Ellie like a new daughter (was SO notorious to me that was a plot resource, that not only felt insulted again, but too bland and obvious, letting me see that this game was completly artificial, crushing one of the selling points of the game). That last part, literally, ruined most of the game for me, letting a sour taste, and a "avant garde" ending that felt more like a final insult.
    Despite that, there are moments that are really great, on the notes and the sidestories you could only read (the notes of Ish are not only really eerie, but really lively)
    The gameplay is, really, pretty standard, but overall well made. The shooting mechanics feels ok, and most of the time the game feels that you are in control. Yet, I have my complains, like stealth mechanics, as I said before, feel broken. Sometimes almost made it too easy, feeling like a gost to some clickers, and then other times, like on the graveyard, felt that those clickers triggered over nothing.
    The crafting and upgrade system is well made. Nothing too revolutionary, but well implemented.
    There are a lot of one-hit deaths, specially with clickers. I never stop feeling that they where just cheap deaths to make the game longer, and not a difficulty issue. Also other enemies are just braindead (despite of some literally being braindead), making this game being easy, with some peaks in certain parts of the game, which most of those parts, you don't have alternative to kill it, what a surprise.
    Also, this game really likes you to move stuff to transport Ellie to point A to B, making a this an escort game, but is not as annoying as other games are, but not defintly on the level of Alex from HL2.
    The graphics are great... for a PS3. Being a PC gamer, this game wasn't exactly eye candy, but the design, and some details and enviorments, are goregous, and in fact too gourgous that is easy to get lost.
    The level desing was hit and miss. The game tries too hard to make you feel that you are in a wide world, that is full of life, but is plaged with unreasonable walls, and felt really narrow. Also, sometimes it wasn't clear what you are capable to go or where you have to go, and in the end, the game only wants you to kill everyone on place.

Despite of some details, this game is not really bad, despite I almost spent writing on the negative side, but not really a "BEST GAME OF ALL TIME" for me. May be I was too hyped and overshoot my spectations, and made me really dissappointed that some details are so well made, and the most part are just average, and even bad sometimes.

I really think this game will be dated in a couple of years, like happened wit Perfect dark, Chrono Cross and some more.
  36. Dec 20, 2014
    Game play: is good, not great and is kept fresh with the constant obtaining of new weapons. story: is very generic, predictable and all of the side characters are just there to die. Graphics: undeniably the best part of this game, i was amazed by how good this game looks. The lighting is flawless, the settings are captivating and the animations of the characters is very life like. TheGame play: is good, not great and is kept fresh with the constant obtaining of new weapons. story: is very generic, predictable and all of the side characters are just there to die. Graphics: undeniably the best part of this game, i was amazed by how good this game looks. The lighting is flawless, the settings are captivating and the animations of the characters is very life like. The voice acting is also amazing and you can really hear the emotion in the two main characters very time they speak.. Overall the last of us is one of the most polished gaming experiences I've ever had, but the game play and story do fall short of my expectations, especially given all the hype surrounding the game. I would give the game an 8.3., it is well worth your time. Expand
  37. Dec 17, 2014
    10/10 - A gaming masterpiece. They type of game that comes along once in a few generations.

-Story 10/10
    -Characters 10/10
    -Graphics - 9/10
    -Gameplay - 9/10

Unforgettable experience than any self respecting videogame fan must own and love.
  38. Dec 14, 2014
    I loved the game when I first played it. It's story, it's gameplay, it's graphics, you name it! I played some good zombie games but, this... This game is very different and unique. That is what made this game amazing. Naughty Dog not just made a game but, a masterpiece that will be remembered forever. This game is truly a must-have.
  39. Dec 13, 2014
    One of the best playstation exclusive titles ever created. The story, the characters, the gameplay,the graphics everything in this game is just perfect. But I have also never seen such a cliche story line, and have experienced similar third person gameplay. The multiplayer gets annoying at times and constant online crashes harm my experience . Also trying to upload this review for threeOne of the best playstation exclusive titles ever created. The story, the characters, the gameplay,the graphics everything in this game is just perfect. But I have also never seen such a cliche story line, and have experienced similar third person gameplay. The multiplayer gets annoying at times and constant online crashes harm my experience . Also trying to upload this review for three days with constant failings makes me wonder if naughty dog is against me. Expand
  40. Dec 13, 2014
    Do you remember how games made you feel when you were younger?

The excitement of playing something really groundbreaking and original. We'll this is it. You know straight away from the first time you take control of Sarah (Joel's daughter) that this is no ordinary game. What happens then is a roller coaster of gaming heaven. Think of everything that makes a good game, and the Last of
    Do you remember how games made you feel when you were younger?

You know straight away from the first time you take control of Sarah (Joel's daughter) that this is no ordinary game. What happens then is a roller coaster of gaming heaven. Think of everything that makes a good game, and the Last of Us has it!

Graphics, gameplay, story, cut scenes, music, acting, AI and attention to detail. The fight scenes are in another league and are truly breathtaking, the violence and accuracy is that realistic you will be left laughing at how good it is.

It seems the ps3 has finally been pushed to its graphical boundaries. This game could of easily been released on the ps4, in fact this game would have made me buy a Ps4.... In summary this is one of the best games I have ever played, and in my opinion the best game on the ps3.

MacDo
  41. Dec 9, 2014
    One of the best games for the PS3, amazing art direction, great setting, some really good tension, definitely worth playing. Online multiplayer must be dead by the time of writing, but don't let that distract you from the story mode :D
  42. Dec 8, 2014
    This is the game everyone compares all new games to now. I don't want to spoil anything so my review will be simple. Great plot, great characters, and obviously wonderful graphics. I love how they throw in some moments of "WOW the world is beautiful even during a zombie apocalypse". Those moments never take away from the horrifying zombies. I also absolutely love that there are someThis is the game everyone compares all new games to now. I don't want to spoil anything so my review will be simple. Great plot, great characters, and obviously wonderful graphics. I love how they throw in some moments of "WOW the world is beautiful even during a zombie apocalypse". Those moments never take away from the horrifying zombies. I also absolutely love that there are some interesting and original ways of contracting the zombie virus. Sure you have the age old zombie bite that gets you infected, but the spores are sort of genius and gross. Hopefully I didn’t give too much away with that.

I love the online multipplayer game, but I hate the fact that you cannot play multiplayer with the same console. The DLC multiplayer allows you to battle it out with online friends, but still has the overall goal of growing your Clan for 12 weeks. The online gamers are a little over the top and rude sometimes, but I will leave those comments for another site. Just don't let your kid play the online multiplayer unless the mic is muted.
  43. Dec 4, 2014
    Excelente Juego. Proximamente puntaje para la versión Remastered. Animación única, al nivel de los grandes, excelente apartado gráfico, originalidad y jugabilidad. GOTY 2013.
  44. Dec 3, 2014
    Good game. Really good story and distinctive characters and personally, I love the view of end of civilization. Story is also good. Not like many other zombie movie or games. But playing game is not really exciting. I think I will enjoy much better if I just watch another play's play. It's game play style is not very special and also not very exciting to me. except that, it is really great game.
  45. Nov 29, 2014
    The Last of Us is absolutely breathtaking. Every second of it filled me with awe. I am genuinely grateful to have had the opportunity to play this masterpiece. Where to begin...
    1. Story- The story rivaled that of even some of the greatest TV series and movies. It is filled with gut-wrenching suspense, great dialogue, and many tear-jerkers.
    2. Gameplay- The gameplay felt just like
    2. Gameplay- The gameplay felt just like Uncharted (a little smoother) so if you played that series you know what to expect.
    3. Characters- All of the characters are brilliantly made. You are able to love and care for them almost immediately and you never stop. Not even when the credits roll.

Overall, The Last of Us is a masterpiece. Definitely one of the top 5 best games ever made. I highly recommend it.
  46. Nov 28, 2014
    This game is a work of art. The characters and story give Chrono Trigger a run for its money, and if you've played Chrono Trigger, then you know what that means. . The gameplay and multiplayer aren't groundbreaking, but still fun and addictive. Back to the story, this is the only game that has ever brought me so close to tears. And it accomplished this by the end of the freakingThis game is a work of art. The characters and story give Chrono Trigger a run for its money, and if you've played Chrono Trigger, then you know what that means. . The gameplay and multiplayer aren't groundbreaking, but still fun and addictive. Back to the story, this is the only game that has ever brought me so close to tears. And it accomplished this by the end of the freaking intro. Yeah, it's that brutal. This is in my top 3 favorite games ever, and it is absolutely a 10/10. I wish I could go higher. Expand
  47. Nov 27, 2014
    From the moment you start until the moment you finish; this game feels special.

I would place it right next to your favorite t.v. show or movie and it would compete.

It's the new gold standard of gaming.
  48. Nov 27, 2014
    Excellent story, graphics that are pretty impressive for Ps3 standards, compelling voice acting, and a phenomenal soundtrack. The moment I popped the game into the Ps3 and completed the first chapter, I realized this would become one of my favorite games. Naughty Dog is at the very top of their game and I strongly recommend this to anyone craving a violent game with emotional storytelling.
  49. Nov 27, 2014
    The game offers intense virtually life changing experience. It perfectly blends relentless survival-manhunt-stlyle fighting with horror action and chilling drama boasting mesmerising cutscenes. The whole gaming process feels RIGHT. Every emotional confrontation in the game feels acutely real capable of making you blush. But this is not some rosy drama, this is a story of continuousThe game offers intense virtually life changing experience. It perfectly blends relentless survival-manhunt-stlyle fighting with horror action and chilling drama boasting mesmerising cutscenes. The whole gaming process feels RIGHT. Every emotional confrontation in the game feels acutely real capable of making you blush. But this is not some rosy drama, this is a story of continuous struggle, wrenching pain and disgusting cruelty, story of managing challenges and doing the right thing no matter what, story of great loyalty and love, story of survival both physical and moral. Yet again - game feels right: there's nothing vulgar here, not intense manhunt-style violence, nor abundance of zombie-like infected people, nor ever-present bloodthirsty thugs, nor open-hearted scenes and pursuing feeling of despair make an overkill, it all makes sence.
    Once you're done playing you won't forget it any time soon.
  50. Nov 26, 2014
    Best game ever! I really really like this game since the first time I played it. The story is just great, the characters are one of the best that I've ever seen in gaming in a long time. The way you get involved with them is great. Thanks for this game, Naughty Dog, well done!
  51. Nov 25, 2014
    Action is predictable, same enemies on different maps, same ways to kill them. Bad crafting system.
    Story, good but boring after played a while.
    Great graphics for ps3.
  52. Nov 24, 2014
    The last of us is okay. It isn't by any means bad, but neither is it any good. Everything about this game is just middle of the road. The combat could have used some tweaking, as the guns are completely useless and I would have liked an option to not use melee weapons and save them on other specific enemies as apposed to whoever comes close enough for me to use it. As for the multi-player,The last of us is okay. It isn't by any means bad, but neither is it any good. Everything about this game is just middle of the road. The combat could have used some tweaking, as the guns are completely useless and I would have liked an option to not use melee weapons and save them on other specific enemies as apposed to whoever comes close enough for me to use it. As for the multi-player, avoid it at all costs. It's just tacked on and was added as a selling point rather then being something fun to play. The story was predictable and I didn't really care for any of the characters except for Joel. Yes, I know that the developers didn't want anyone to like him, but he's the only person who made sense to me in the game.

All in all, I don't think the game is deserving of any of the awards it got and it hasn't earned it's place on my shelf. 6/10.
  53. Nov 23, 2014
    I had moderate expectations when I picked this game up a few months after it came out, and it didn't even surpass those. I don't honestly understand the tongue bathing this game got with its hype, it's overrated to the point of being a joke.

The main leads Joel and Ellie are both unlikable and flat as characters, they're boorish, lacking personality other than pretty much a single defining feature (Grizzled macho douche for Joel and angsty teen for Ellie) and it changes very little. Every support character may as well have a sign stapled to their forehead saying "I will die or turn evil", and I'm pretty sure the enemy AI isn't allowed to dress itself in the mornings, very easily manipulated or spazzy.

The combat is duller than a bucket of beige paint at a paint drying convention. The "stealth" mechanics are poor at best, sneaking up on enemies is pointless and once you get seen, there is no way to break line of sight so they have to search for you, they just instantly know where you are no matter how you try and hide to recoup. The weapon mechanics are nothing to write home about, it's an over the shoulder shooter no different than Resident Evil 4, Gears of War or Mass Effect 2 & 3. I found the controls a bit sluggish as well, and the crafting system, though appropriate for the game type, was okay but not great.

The story was so predictable that I predicted every single major plot point BEFORE it happened. It tries to hide the fact that it's basically a zombie game by not labelling the zombie-like enemies zombies and the 'clickers' are frustrating at best, if you have more than one coming at you (or coming at you from behind), you're boned.

The only thing I can recommend is the graphics, better than the Uncharted series, but without a good story or characters, this game is not something I could recommend.
  54. Nov 22, 2014
    It was a bit strange. I started the game on and it was Uncharted. I played through it, and it was nothing like Uncharted. It was a game world I wanted to be in (not literally of course). But while I was playing it, I felt like I was there. It hit home with me - the world, the characters, the places, the enemies... I was missing such gaming qualities for so many years and I was able toIt was a bit strange. I started the game on and it was Uncharted. I played through it, and it was nothing like Uncharted. It was a game world I wanted to be in (not literally of course). But while I was playing it, I felt like I was there. It hit home with me - the world, the characters, the places, the enemies... I was missing such gaming qualities for so many years and I was able to realized that just now.
    For me, though, the first few hours wasn't very good. Somewhere in the 30% progress in the game, I was thinking about abandoning it as I was not even hooked and mostly annoyed... Am I a thankful I didn't. Not quite sure what exactly did it, but being on the verge of hating the game, I was subconsciously starting to fall in love with it. And there are some other games I would give 10/10, but this one, in addition, is something quite special. And I do miss it quite a lot.
  55. Nov 22, 2014
    A true masterpiece on every level. Great story, wonderful characters, perfect voice acting, intense combat, fun multiplayer, beautiful graphics, difficult enemies, etc. etc. There is so much this game does good that it is hard to find any flaws in a otherwise perfect game. It is a game that will be remembered and played for generations. This game isn't for everyone though, so if you can'tA true masterpiece on every level. Great story, wonderful characters, perfect voice acting, intense combat, fun multiplayer, beautiful graphics, difficult enemies, etc. etc. There is so much this game does good that it is hard to find any flaws in a otherwise perfect game. It is a game that will be remembered and played for generations. This game isn't for everyone though, so if you can't appreciate a game focusing on story rather then gameplay then this isn't for you. Expand
  56. Nov 21, 2014
    this game is amazing it succeeds in every aspect possible (graphics,sound,story,gameplay,etc). the story is great and the characters and voice acting are among the best i have ever seen in a videogame. if you own a ps3 or ps4 you have to buy this game is the best seventh generation game and currently the best game in the eight generation
  57. Nov 19, 2014
    If you own a ps3. You NEED this game. The replay value is questionable, online multiplayer is usually fun, but has some network connection flaws. The game itself is perfectly crafted.
  58. Nov 18, 2014
    I hated this game. Horrible plot, truly bad ending. The game was a constant thrust from one depressing scene to another with never a break from bleak and dismal content. Yes, I know that this is survival horror but unlike others of the genre, there is simply never any hope in this game. Not to mention the very tedious method of switching weapons and the constant scavenging for items toI hated this game. Horrible plot, truly bad ending. The game was a constant thrust from one depressing scene to another with never a break from bleak and dismal content. Yes, I know that this is survival horror but unlike others of the genre, there is simply never any hope in this game. Not to mention the very tedious method of switching weapons and the constant scavenging for items to keep the character alive and the illogic of enemies running through the same hail of bullets without harm while you get slaughtered. I greatly dislike illogical games where the character can't jump over a two foot fence to escape and instead has to climb over trucks, boulders and other obstacles. And the repetition, good grief. Always the same nonsense from area to area and the same solution as well. Expand
  59. Nov 15, 2014
    this game is fantastic if you have a playstation you must buy it
    but 10's and best game ever are a bit much for it
    and the hype OMG that **** will make people hate it
    STOP IT, i will give it 8 because i enjoyed it that much.
    thanks for reading my simple opinion :)
  60. Nov 13, 2014
    EPIC adventure, the last of us, brings us, one of the best adventures that we can have in PS3, A very good worked game, it has a very charismatic characters, it shows how strong a friendship can be. with intense scenes that remind me scary games like Silent hill 1... the game is absolutely recommended!
  61. Nov 13, 2014
    The game is overrated. There, I said it.
    This doesn't mean that it is not one of the best games in 2013 though.
    Since everybody knows this game anyway, I am going to make this short. + Perfect writing + Manages to make a stale setting interesting + Moving and animations feel great + Quite a lot of different settings so it never gets boring to look at - Stupid AI, both enemies
    The game is overrated. There, I said it.
    This doesn't mean that it is not one of the best games in 2013 though.
    Since everybody knows this game anyway, I am going to make this short.

+ Perfect writing
    + Manages to make a stale setting interesting
    + Moving and animations feel great
    + Quite a lot of different settings so it never gets boring to look at

- Stupid AI, both enemies and companions
    - Level design is sometimes too obviously made fit for the game mechanics and ruins the immersion
    - Slow start

All in all a great experience, although I do not like the "story before gameplay" design philosophy.
  62. Nov 11, 2014
    Another knockout by Naughty Dog, these guys know how to make a compelling story. Gun mechanics can be a bit wonky at times but this game has to be played by all.
  63. Nov 9, 2014
    Can not seem to digest when it reaches the end, you are challenged to the limit in such a humane and sentimental drama you clings easily and is hard to say goodbye. I really do not know how to call this grandeur that despite being a game and brings a very human feeling emanates from there and he slingshot you. THE LAST OF US is not just any game is a masterpiece grand and unforgettable andCan not seem to digest when it reaches the end, you are challenged to the limit in such a humane and sentimental drama you clings easily and is hard to say goodbye. I really do not know how to call this grandeur that despite being a game and brings a very human feeling emanates from there and he slingshot you. THE LAST OF US is not just any game is a masterpiece grand and unforgettable and full of feelings where we are challenged to try each one. Expand
  64. Nov 5, 2014
    This game can get a bit boring at some parts, but by no means does that define the game. This is one of the few games that grabs your emotions and takes them for a ride along with the game. You'll be happy at times, sad at others. It's a great length for a game, and just so interesting to play. I can't say enough good things about this game, it's going to be a classic one day, a game thatThis game can get a bit boring at some parts, but by no means does that define the game. This is one of the few games that grabs your emotions and takes them for a ride along with the game. You'll be happy at times, sad at others. It's a great length for a game, and just so interesting to play. I can't say enough good things about this game, it's going to be a classic one day, a game that was one of the best in it's era, so don't pass up the chance to play this game. Expand
  65. Nov 3, 2014
    It was an average movie which a stereotypical Booker Dewitt hero and typical B grade cinema storyline that I've seen multiple times before, most of all there was nothing extraordinary about the gameplay. I think this team was embarrassed to make a video game.
  66. Oct 27, 2014
    It's okay. The AI is pretty terrible, upon a second play through the scripted events remove the enjoyment from the first play through. The character interaction is decent, the music is good, the plot is okay. It's nothing special, but for a Triple-A game it's definitely better than most.
  67. Oct 22, 2014
    This was the best game i've ever played!!!! Awesome!
    That´s amazing atmosphere and characters. I'll waiting for ne next game of episode. Very great!!!!!!!
  68. Oct 19, 2014
    Twenty years after a pandemic radically transformed known civilization, infected humans run amuck and survivors kill one another for sustenance and weapons - literally whatever they can get their hands on. Joel, a salty survivor, is hired to smuggle a fourteen-year-old girl, Ellie, out of a rough military quarantine, but what begins as a simple job quickly turns into a brutal journeyTwenty years after a pandemic radically transformed known civilization, infected humans run amuck and survivors kill one another for sustenance and weapons - literally whatever they can get their hands on. Joel, a salty survivor, is hired to smuggle a fourteen-year-old girl, Ellie, out of a rough military quarantine, but what begins as a simple job quickly turns into a brutal journey across the country. Expand
  69. Oct 18, 2014
    It is the so much acclaimed game for PS3. The game is an "action adventure" like Tomb Raider, or like the Uncharted series (indeed from the same software house).
    The adventure is pleasant, the game lasts an average time (about 12-15 hours), the story is well thought out and there is great graphics without any uncertainty. The setting is post-apocalyptic, the plot seems obvious but it is not. I say no more to not spoil the surprise.
    The music is pleasant, the game is never frustrating (if you can not go on is because you are using the wrong approach).
    But ... Well, I had very high expectations which were not supported by the game. Everyone talks about how this is the killer application for ps3. Sure it's nice, you spend funny moments and is the true "entertainment" (you are always asking yourself "how's it going forward"). But a masterpiece? I do not know, perhaps is because I come from the PC world where masterpieces are more numerous ...
    Some negative aspects? There are none, the initial loading is very long (even 3-4 minutes), but then the game does not load EVER, so you can end it up without ever even wait a few seconds. Great optimization and no bug. Well done Naughty Dog!
  70. Oct 15, 2014
    This game delivers in every way you'd expect from this genre. I was amazed at how attached I was to the characters and the story. (I actually care more about these characters than almost the entire crew of the walking dead)

The pacing, story telling, gameplay, graphics, everything here is top notch. I can't find a fault in this game at all. It just delivers. The only downside is

The only downside is that the game is over now and I'm left waiting for the next installment.
  71. Oct 13, 2014
    The Last of Us portrays the most gripping story-line any video game has presented in history - I highly doubt that any future video game will achieve a perfection above this of Naughty Dog's for many decades to come.
    The graphics are beyond perfection, and the music emphasizes emotion as excellent as the scripting and narrative do also.
    The game-play is crisp, although with the
    The game-play is crisp, although with the occasional AI confusion, there are countless hours to be had fearing the terrifying foes throughout your epic journey.
    10/10 - Ben Hazelden
  72. Oct 12, 2014
    This is one of my top ten games that I have played. it's got good graphics and an amazing story line, if you enjoyed the walking dead you would probably like the last of us too.
  73. Oct 9, 2014
    So then there was my review of the last of us. Completed twice got on release date and i almost regret it. For me this game is overrated i cannot see how this got higher then 8,5 max . You play as Joel in a post apocalyptic universe. And you task is to escort a girl named Ellie trough the US and find the fireflies. For me the overall story is one of naughty dog worst stories. And i haveSo then there was my review of the last of us. Completed twice got on release date and i almost regret it. For me this game is overrated i cannot see how this got higher then 8,5 max . You play as Joel in a post apocalyptic universe. And you task is to escort a girl named Ellie trough the US and find the fireflies. For me the overall story is one of naughty dog worst stories. And i have played all three uncharted games and jak and daxter games and some Crash Bandicoot. The story is bad, the characters development is however one of the few good points in this game. The game play is solid and the atmosphere is good. But what makes this games so bad for me was 1) it did not feel like a survival game , you had always enough ammo if you simply searched around, and it definitely did not feel like a horror game, The genre is action-adventure survival horror , and while i in some extent agree with survival i dont agree with horror. The game is very short , took me not more then 12 hrs to complete if not less, and you have actually no point to play it through more then once certainly not more then twice. So for me the cons was replay-abilities and that it didnt live up to my expectations perhaps is was because that the genre it was meant to be, and Joel somehow reminds me of Nathan Drake. The game play didnt do somethings new and the ai was pretty predictable is most cases , so i fell i can max give it a 7.2 Expand
  74. Oct 4, 2014
    This game is perfect. I love how it's not your average zombie game it's a lot more genius with the fungal infection. The story had me hooked since the opening, this is a game where you grow attached to the characters in a heart beat. The graphics are Amazing and the game design for every were beautifully made. This game makes you under stand how it feels to struggle with surviving. TheThis game is perfect. I love how it's not your average zombie game it's a lot more genius with the fungal infection. The story had me hooked since the opening, this is a game where you grow attached to the characters in a heart beat. The graphics are Amazing and the game design for every were beautifully made. This game makes you under stand how it feels to struggle with surviving. The controls are smooth and the only glitch I found was when Ellie turned invisible after the truck crashed and you only see her floating backpack that was funny to see. The fun part for me was the Easter eggs. Expand
  75. Oct 3, 2014
    When the First time I heard this game..I thought its just another zombie game.

but i was wrong!,this game is truly masterpiece,and probably my fav game of all times. The strory was beautiful,memorable and fantastic!. The gameplay in this game is one best third person shooter gameplay ive ever played,you can craft items,do a stealth and use melee attack. the guns sound in this
    When the First time I heard this game..I thought its just another zombie game.

The strory was beautiful,memorable and fantastic!.

the guns sound in this game is feels so real and also i love how the death animation feels so real and brutal

graphics... best grapchis on ps3 nuff say

I strongly recommend this game to peoples who had ps3

also I really love Ellie shes so cute :D
  76. Sep 28, 2014
    This game has great gameplay , great visual and art design. Great storyline best of 2013. Its so flawless.Its got great stealth gameplay and shows the skill of survival. The multiplayer is also pretty solid. The best game of 2013 and one of the best games of all time.
  77. Sep 27, 2014
    there are a lot of people complaining about this game. Maybe angry x box fans,maybe unmedicated adhd suffers. It is not halo. it is not uncharted. it is not resident evil. These comparisons only serve to tell what the game isn't. Yes the beginning gameplay is a little slow like a movie, but it isnt a movie. I dont know what all the haters out there are looking for but something tells methere are a lot of people complaining about this game. Maybe angry x box fans,maybe unmedicated adhd suffers. It is not halo. it is not uncharted. it is not resident evil. These comparisons only serve to tell what the game isn't. Yes the beginning gameplay is a little slow like a movie, but it isnt a movie. I dont know what all the haters out there are looking for but something tells me all theyre looking for is something to hate on. The gameplay is intense, the graphics are stunning. its not too easy, its not too hard. im not a hardcore gamer so i didnt even notice any real ai glitches. Yes the characters are deep. the emotion can touch you. Its not your average game. if you want to be late for work, buy this game. If you want sore thumbs and your girlfriend to yell at you for ignoring her, buy this game. Very immersive. Expand
  78. Sep 26, 2014
    A riveting and touching storyline, coupled with excellent graphics, great controls, suspense and action. This game revitalizes the survival horror genre, akin to Dead Space and Resident Evil 4 when those games debuted. It is my choice for Game of the Year.
  79. Sep 25, 2014
    The most perfectly balanced story driven game I've yet played. Amazing story, plenty of action and activities, it has a very long, thoughtful and interesting plot, with great animation, character development and the combat is actually pretty awesome too.

I wish they had some better DLC right now, but I'm definitely keeping my eye on the future of this title.
  80. Sep 23, 2014
    EN: Few games in history have gained as much hype as The Last of Us, and fewer have lived up to it. The Last of Us is among those. It's a flawless expression of art and emotion through a violent game within the thin lines between beauty and horror, innocence and brutality. If this hard hitting story doesn't made any impact on you, i don't understand you. If you haven't played yet, beEN: Few games in history have gained as much hype as The Last of Us, and fewer have lived up to it. The Last of Us is among those. It's a flawless expression of art and emotion through a violent game within the thin lines between beauty and horror, innocence and brutality. If this hard hitting story doesn't made any impact on you, i don't understand you. If you haven't played yet, be prepared for a new kind of game.

PT-BR: Poucos jogos na história ganharam tanta hype quanto The Last of Us, e menos ainda fizeram por merece-la. The Last of Us está entre esses. Ele é uma impecável expressão de arte e emoção através de um game violento entre as finas linhas de beleza e horror, inocência e brutalidade. Se essa história potente não teve nenhum impacto em você, eu não te entende. Se você ainda não jogou, esteja preparado pra uma nova espécie de jogo.
  81. Sep 20, 2014
    The fact that a game with a zombie theme can be so unique still surprises me. I was really confused about what I was feeling throughout the game. I especially loved the music, and the voice acting.
  82. Sep 20, 2014
    Best game of the decade, in my opinion. Amazing and original story line, and great character back stories. It helps you gain a bond towards the character and gets you more involved within the game and makes you feel like you are with them instead of controlling them. Totally worth buying, loved it. Ellie has a fun, not too serious character where as Joel is more controlling but kind. IBest game of the decade, in my opinion. Amazing and original story line, and great character back stories. It helps you gain a bond towards the character and gets you more involved within the game and makes you feel like you are with them instead of controlling them. Totally worth buying, loved it. Ellie has a fun, not too serious character where as Joel is more controlling but kind. I like the way Joel takes time to warm up to Ellie and through out the game, trusts her more. Very emotional with amazing graphics! Expand
  83. Sep 19, 2014
    Brilliant game, one of my favourite games. Awesome story, deep feelings, awesome design, vfx. It's really true masterpiece.

+ hardcore & unique multiplayer

I bought TLOU for PS3 and PS4, because i really love this game

I love all of Naughty Dog's games
  84. Sep 16, 2014
    The main characters are really handsome and the people who did their voice,they are just amazing.The graphics are spectacular and the story is not original but still fun to play.
  85. Sep 15, 2014
    Oyundaki diyaloglar beni hayran birakti oyunun ortasina kadar pek keyif almamistim ama arabayla avcilarin baskinina ugradiktan sonraki bolumler cok keyifliydi bir kac tane bug vardi henry ve samle sehirden kacarken dusman binanin icine dustu olmustum :D kesinlikle oynanmasi gereken bir oyun oyunun ana menusunden bonuslar kisminda joel ve ellie kiyafet alabilirsiniz
  86. Sep 14, 2014
    I have to admit this is one of the best games I've ever played. Everything in this game is perfect: the music, the story, the characters, the atmosphere, environments, graphics, etc.., Joel and Ellie are some of the best characters ever. The story is excellent. Oh yes, let's not forget the really good multiplayer game.

If you have a PS3 you will be forced to play this masterpiece. If

If you have a PS3 you will be forced to play this masterpiece. If you do not have a PS3, this game is a reason to buy it.
  87. Sep 14, 2014
    While it's game play may contain notable flaws, The Last Of Us is ultimately saved by it's beautiful soundtrack, breathtaking atmosphere, & tremendous story.
  88. Sep 13, 2014
    An above average story with below average gameplay. If I knew that this "game" was going to be this bad, I would've wasted my $70 on some worthless charity.
  89. Sep 13, 2014
    The Last of Us is a game that many people claim to be one of the greatest games in history based almost solely on a singular aspect of it -- its story. When you get down to it though, even the story is nothing that we haven't seen before, and does nothing to drastically change the landscape of future games. In other words, despite being a good and enjoyable game, it is not a "masterpiece."The Last of Us is a game that many people claim to be one of the greatest games in history based almost solely on a singular aspect of it -- its story. When you get down to it though, even the story is nothing that we haven't seen before, and does nothing to drastically change the landscape of future games. In other words, despite being a good and enjoyable game, it is not a "masterpiece." 10 years down the road, when people really take the time to think about what this game did for the video game industry, they will realize that it is not as glorious or revolutionary as the often-times polarized user reviews would say. Sure, it had a good story with some brilliant voice acting. Sure it had decent combat mechanics and great visuals. But did it do anything that we haven't seen before? Sadly, it did not. We've seen great voice performances in video games before. We've seen post apocalyptic survival (dare I say, "zombie") games with good stories before. We've seen great graphics before. Despite its good characteristics, this game did not provide any experience that made it dominate the other great games of the generation.

With all that being said, I am not trying to "bash" or "hate" on this game. Rather, I am trying to give a realistic representation of the experience that any casual, hardcore, or average gamer who has not played this game before can expect. Do not go into this game thinking that it will change your life - it won't. You will, however enjoy it for what it's worth.
  90. Sep 12, 2014
    Simply put, the best game ever made. Should be at the top of the list, GTAV, although a good game, should be second as it lacks a lot of stuff GTAIV had, Rockstar are MP benders and sold the SP short.
    The Last of Us was a defining moment in gaming and Naughty Dog are the kings of storytelling
  91. Sep 11, 2014
    Freaking awesome! Yeah i really would prefer a zombie apocalypse multiplayer but clearly that's even better. It's the best game i 've ever played. Great work Naughty Dog. We want The Last of Us 2 and this time release it on pc too
  92. Sep 11, 2014
    A must have game and truly the greatest of a generation, if not one of the best games of all time. The story and characters are amazing, the visuals are gorgrous, the gameplay is great and gives you lots of options how to approach everything. The atmosphere and immersion really pull you in and you will find yourself in some tense situations. This is survival horror done right, where youA must have game and truly the greatest of a generation, if not one of the best games of all time. The story and characters are amazing, the visuals are gorgrous, the gameplay is great and gives you lots of options how to approach everything. The atmosphere and immersion really pull you in and you will find yourself in some tense situations. This is survival horror done right, where you need to think about how you will use limited resources snd ammo. To top it all off, the multiplayer is really good, requiring teamwork, communication, and strategy along with skill Expand
  93. Sep 9, 2014
    This is the best game one the playstation 3. It is so amazing. The characters are deep, the gameplay good, music is good and I can't think of nothing negative about it.
  94. Sep 9, 2014
    I do not see what is so good about this game. It as Uncharted all over again, not saying Uncharted was bad but it is just another Uncharted with Zombies. Very very linear. You have no choices what so ever and you have to do exactly what the game tells you to do. Even in combat that is. You have very little ammo, you have to shot 4 guys with 1 bullet or try to sneak. But sneak is impossibleI do not see what is so good about this game. It as Uncharted all over again, not saying Uncharted was bad but it is just another Uncharted with Zombies. Very very linear. You have no choices what so ever and you have to do exactly what the game tells you to do. Even in combat that is. You have very little ammo, you have to shot 4 guys with 1 bullet or try to sneak. But sneak is impossible if you do not do it exactly as the game wants you to sneak. The story is nothing special. It is like the story on Uncharted, perhaps a bit exiting for some, not for me. I liked Uncharted at the end. Did not like the first one and do not like Last of us. They are far to linear and just "Go to the next room and kill the enemy and hide behind the dedicated stuff" again and again and again... Expand
  95. Sep 9, 2014
  96. Aug 31, 2014
    Good movie with a bad and unnecessary gameplay inside. Multiplayer - not fun. Stealth is made pretty bad. History has a hole and does not disclose the characters up to the end. This is not a game of the year.
  97. Aug 30, 2014
    It is the best game ever made and it is not overrated.Graphics are super.Story is great.Character models are fantastic.When you mix these, it is perfect.
  98. Aug 27, 2014
    3 Words only. Best. Game. Ever...

Recommended for everyone best game ever created, its sad, and awesome! I will play forever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  99. Aug 27, 2014
    Certainly the most powerfully and effectively written storyline in game media I have played to date. Replaying difficult sections can be frustrating but only if you insist on playing on a difficult setting. The gameplay serves the storytelling effectively while continuing to be entertaining for the majority of the game.

The game's ability to predict my future actions in the intro was

The game's ability to predict my future actions in the intro was stunning. Because the game seemed to respond to me, and didn't feel scripted. I was floored by this game, and I will remember it fondly.
  100. Aug 27, 2014
    A great story which happens to be told in a video game format. Although the story overpowered the video game experience. Only for that it's not a 10 for me.
    STORY AND CHARACTERS: Perfect story and perfect balance between the two main characters. There's no good or bad here. Only hope and the need to survive
    PRESENTATION: Naughty Dog has used the PS3 like no other developer. When we think you can't see anything better than the Uncharted series they pull this off!
    GAMEPLAY: this is where i hoped to see a bit more of the video game experience. It's not totally balanced and you don't feel comfortable because of the scarce resources. I know it's meant to be this way but a little more action wouldn't harm the game.
    ONLINE: Played it a couple of times but it's not Naughty Dog forte.
    An experience that pushes video games to a different level. Absolutely mandatory.
  101. Jun 14, 2013
    This game truly is phenomenal. Naughty Dog proves yet again why they are the kings of the PS3, and arguably gaming in general. The Last of Us gets everything right. The environments, the atmosphere, the gameplay, the storyline, the characters, the graphics. Everything. I really can't say enough how amazing this game truly ended up being.

1. Sep 16, 2013
  2. Sep 10, 2013
  3. Despite the breakneck pace of the prologue, it takes quite a while for The Last of Us to pick up some speed again. However, once the cold harsh winter arrives, the action (and story) ramps up. So much so, it puts most Hollywood productions to shame. [July 2013, p.76]