• Publisher: SCEA
  • Release Date: Jun 14, 2013
9.1

1. Nov 19, 2014
    If you own a ps3. You NEED this game. The replay value is questionable, online multiplayer is usually fun, but has some network connection flaws. The game itself is perfectly crafted.
  2. Nov 18, 2014
    I hated this game. Horrible plot, truly bad ending. The game was a constant thrust from one depressing scene to another with never a break from bleak and dismal content. Yes, I know that this is survival horror but unlike others of the genre, there is simply never any hope in this game. Not to mention the very tedious method of switching weapons and the constant scavenging for items to keep the character alive and the illogic of enemies running through the same hail of bullets without harm while you get slaughtered. I greatly dislike illogical games where the character can't jump over a two foot fence to escape and instead has to climb over trucks, boulders and other obstacles. And the repetition, good grief. Always the same nonsense from area to area and the same solution as well. Expand
  3. Nov 15, 2014
    this game is fantastic if you have a playstation you must buy it
    but 10's and best game ever are a bit much for it
    and the hype OMG that **** will make people hate it
    STOP IT, i will give it 8 because i enjoyed it that much.
    thanks for reading my simple opinion :)
  4. Nov 13, 2014
    EPIC adventure, the last of us, brings us, one of the best adventures that we can have in PS3, A very good worked game, it has a very charismatic characters, it shows how strong a friendship can be. with intense scenes that remind me scary games like Silent hill 1... the game is absolutely recommended!
  5. Nov 13, 2014
    The game is overrated. There, I said it. This doesn't mean that it is not one of the best games in 2013 though. Since everybody knows this game anyway, I am going to make this short. + Perfect writing + Manages to make a stale setting interesting + Moving and animations feel great + Quite a lot of different settings so it never gets boring to look at - Stupid AI, both enemies and companions
    - Level design is sometimes too obviously made fit for the game mechanics and ruins the immersion
    - Slow start

All in all a great experience, although I do not like the "story before gameplay" design philosophy.
  6. Nov 11, 2014
    Another knockout by Naughty Dog, these guys know how to make a compelling story. Gun mechanics can be a bit wonky at times but this game has to be played by all.
  7. Nov 9, 2014
    Can not seem to digest when it reaches the end, you are challenged to the limit in such a humane and sentimental drama you clings easily and is hard to say goodbye. I really do not know how to call this grandeur that despite being a game and brings a very human feeling emanates from there and he slingshot you. THE LAST OF US is not just any game is a masterpiece grand and unforgettable and full of feelings where we are challenged to try each one. Expand
  8. Nov 5, 2014
    This game can get a bit boring at some parts, but by no means does that define the game. This is one of the few games that grabs your emotions and takes them for a ride along with the game. You'll be happy at times, sad at others. It's a great length for a game, and just so interesting to play. I can't say enough good things about this game, it's going to be a classic one day, a game that was one of the best in it's era, so don't pass up the chance to play this game. Expand
  9. Nov 3, 2014
    It was an average movie which a stereotypical Booker Dewitt hero and typical B grade cinema storyline that I've seen multiple times before, most of all there was nothing extraordinary about the gameplay. I think this team was embarrassed to make a video game.
  10. Oct 27, 2014
    It's okay. The AI is pretty terrible, upon a second play through the scripted events remove the enjoyment from the first play through. The character interaction is decent, the music is good, the plot is okay. It's nothing special, but for a Triple-A game it's definitely better than most.
  11. Oct 27, 2014
    It was a bit strange. I started the game on and it was Uncharted. I played through it, and it was nothing like Uncharted. It was a game world I wanted to be in (not literally of course). But while I was playing it, I felt like I was there. It hit home with me - the world, the characters, the places, the enemies... I was missing such gaming qualities for so many years and I was able to realized this just now, after experienced them again.
    For me, though, it didn't start like flying colors. Rather, just the opposite. Somewhere in the 30% progress in the game, I was thinking about abandoning it as I was not even hooked and mostly annoyed. Boy, am I a thankful I didn't. I am not quite sure what exactly did it, but I turned around the corner. From being on the verge of hating the game, I was subconsciously starting to fall in love with it. And there are many games I have loved, but this one, in addition, is something quite special. And I miss it so much.
  12. Oct 22, 2014
    This was the best game i've ever played!!!! Awesome!
    That´s amazing atmosphere and characters. I'll waiting for ne next game of episode. Very great!!!!!!!
  13. Oct 19, 2014
    Twenty years after a pandemic radically transformed known civilization, infected humans run amuck and survivors kill one another for sustenance and weapons - literally whatever they can get their hands on. Joel, a salty survivor, is hired to smuggle a fourteen-year-old girl, Ellie, out of a rough military quarantine, but what begins as a simple job quickly turns into a brutal journey across the country. Expand
  14. Oct 18, 2014
    It is the so much acclaimed game for PS3. The game is an "action adventure" like Tomb Raider, or like the Uncharted series (indeed from the same software house).
    The adventure is pleasant, the game lasts an average time (about 12-15 hours), the story is well thought out and there is great graphics without any uncertainty. The setting is post-apocalyptic, the plot seems obvious but it is
    not. I say no more to not spoil the surprise.
    The music is pleasant, the game is never frustrating (if you can not go on is because you are using the wrong approach).
    But ... Well, I had very high expectations which were not supported by the game. Everyone talks about how this is the killer application for ps3. Sure it's nice, you spend funny moments and is the true "entertainment" (you are always asking yourself "how's it going forward"). But a masterpiece? I do not know, perhaps is because I come from the PC world where masterpieces are more numerous ...
    Some negative aspects? There are none, the initial loading is very long (even 3-4 minutes), but then the game does not load EVER, so you can end it up without ever even wait a few seconds. Great optimization and no bug. Well done Naughty Dog!
  15. Oct 15, 2014
    This game delivers in every way you'd expect from this genre. I was amazed at how attached I was to the characters and the story. (I actually care more about these characters than almost the entire crew of the walking dead)

The pacing, story telling, gameplay, graphics, everything here is top notch. I can't find a fault in this game at all. It just delivers.

The only downside is
    that the game is over now and I'm left waiting for the next installment. Expand
  16. Oct 13, 2014
    The Last of Us portrays the most gripping story-line any video game has presented in history - I highly doubt that any future video game will achieve a perfection above this of Naughty Dog's for many decades to come.
    The graphics are beyond perfection, and the music emphasizes emotion as excellent as the scripting and narrative do also.
    The game-play is crisp, although with the
    occasional AI confusion, there are countless hours to be had fearing the terrifying foes throughout your epic journey.
    10/10 - Ben Hazelden
  17. Oct 12, 2014
    This is one of my top ten games that I have played. it's got good graphics and an amazing story line, if you enjoyed the walking dead you would probably like the last of us too.
  18. Oct 9, 2014
    So then there was my review of the last of us. Completed twice got on release date and i almost regret it. For me this game is overrated i cannot see how this got higher then 8,5 max . You play as Joel in a post apocalyptic universe. And you task is to escort a girl named Ellie trough the US and find the fireflies. For me the overall story is one of naughty dog worst stories. And i have played all three uncharted games and jak and daxter games and some Crash Bandicoot. The story is bad, the characters development is however one of the few good points in this game. The game play is solid and the atmosphere is good. But what makes this games so bad for me was 1) it did not feel like a survival game , you had always enough ammo if you simply searched around, and it definitely did not feel like a horror game, The genre is action-adventure survival horror , and while i in some extent agree with survival i dont agree with horror. The game is very short , took me not more then 12 hrs to complete if not less, and you have actually no point to play it through more then once certainly not more then twice. So for me the cons was replay-abilities and that it didnt live up to my expectations perhaps is was because that the genre it was meant to be, and Joel somehow reminds me of Nathan Drake. The game play didnt do somethings new and the ai was pretty predictable is most cases , so i fell i can max give it a 7.2 Expand
  19. Oct 4, 2014
    This game is perfect. I love how it's not your average zombie game it's a lot more genius with the fungal infection. The story had me hooked since the opening, this is a game where you grow attached to the characters in a heart beat. The graphics are Amazing and the game design for every were beautifully made. This game makes you under stand how it feels to struggle with surviving. The controls are smooth and the only glitch I found was when Ellie turned invisible after the truck crashed and you only see her floating backpack that was funny to see. The fun part for me was the Easter eggs. Expand
  20. Oct 3, 2014
    When the First time I heard this game..I thought its just another zombie game. but i was wrong!,this game is truly masterpiece,and probably my fav game of all times. The strory was beautiful,memorable and fantastic!. The gameplay in this game is one best third person shooter gameplay ive ever played,you can craft items,do a stealth and use melee attack. the guns sound in this game is feels so real and also i love how the death animation feels so real and brutal

graphics... best grapchis on ps3 nuff say

I strongly recommend this game to peoples who had ps3

also I really love Ellie shes so cute :D
  21. Sep 28, 2014
    This game has great gameplay , great visual and art design. Great storyline best of 2013. Its so flawless.Its got great stealth gameplay and shows the skill of survival. The multiplayer is also pretty solid. The best game of 2013 and one of the best games of all time.
  22. TvH
    Sep 28, 2014
    The Last of Us is a beautiful and emotional journey that offers everything a survivor-horror needs; a powerful story, great atmosphere, excellent characters, and a balanced gameplay to top it all off. The Last of Us is one of the best PlayStation 3 games ever released.
  23. Sep 27, 2014
    there are a lot of people complaining about this game. Maybe angry x box fans,maybe unmedicated adhd suffers. It is not halo. it is not uncharted. it is not resident evil. These comparisons only serve to tell what the game isn't. Yes the beginning gameplay is a little slow like a movie, but it isnt a movie. I dont know what all the haters out there are looking for but something tells me all theyre looking for is something to hate on. The gameplay is intense, the graphics are stunning. its not too easy, its not too hard. im not a hardcore gamer so i didnt even notice any real ai glitches. Yes the characters are deep. the emotion can touch you. Its not your average game. if you want to be late for work, buy this game. If you want sore thumbs and your girlfriend to yell at you for ignoring her, buy this game. Very immersive. Expand
  24. Sep 26, 2014
    A riveting and touching storyline, coupled with excellent graphics, great controls, suspense and action. This game revitalizes the survival horror genre, akin to Dead Space and Resident Evil 4 when those games debuted. It is my choice for Game of the Year.
  25. Sep 25, 2014
    The most perfectly balanced story driven game I've yet played. Amazing story, plenty of action and activities, it has a very long, thoughtful and interesting plot, with great animation, character development and the combat is actually pretty awesome too.

I wish they had some better DLC right now, but I'm definitely keeping my eye on the future of this title.
  26. Sep 23, 2014
    EN: Few games in history have gained as much hype as The Last of Us, and fewer have lived up to it. The Last of Us is among those. It's a flawless expression of art and emotion through a violent game within the thin lines between beauty and horror, innocence and brutality. If this hard hitting story doesn't made any impact on you, i don't understand you. If you haven't played yet, be prepared for a new kind of game.

PT-BR: Poucos jogos na história ganharam tanta hype quanto The Last of Us, e menos ainda fizeram por merece-la. The Last of Us está entre esses. Ele é uma impecável expressão de arte e emoção através de um game violento entre as finas linhas de beleza e horror, inocência e brutalidade. Se essa história potente não teve nenhum impacto em você, eu não te entende. Se você ainda não jogou, esteja preparado pra uma nova espécie de jogo.
  27. Sep 20, 2014
    The fact that a game with a zombie theme can be so unique still surprises me. I was really confused about what I was feeling throughout the game. I especially loved the music, and the voice acting.
  28. Sep 20, 2014
    Best game of the decade, in my opinion. Amazing and original story line, and great character back stories. It helps you gain a bond towards the character and gets you more involved within the game and makes you feel like you are with them instead of controlling them. Totally worth buying, loved it. Ellie has a fun, not too serious character where as Joel is more controlling but kind. I like the way Joel takes time to warm up to Ellie and through out the game, trusts her more. Very emotional with amazing graphics! Expand
  29. Sep 19, 2014
    Brilliant game, one of my favourite games. Awesome story, deep feelings, awesome design, vfx. It's really true masterpiece.

+ hardcore & unique multiplayer

I bought TLOU for PS3 and PS4, because i really love this game

I love all of Naughty Dog's games
  30. Sep 16, 2014
    The main characters are really handsome and the people who did their voice,they are just amazing.The graphics are spectacular and the story is not original but still fun to play.
  31. Sep 15, 2014
    Oyundaki diyaloglar beni hayran birakti oyunun ortasina kadar pek keyif almamistim ama arabayla avcilarin baskinina ugradiktan sonraki bolumler cok keyifliydi bir kac tane bug vardi henry ve samle sehirden kacarken dusman binanin icine dustu olmustum :D kesinlikle oynanmasi gereken bir oyun oyunun ana menusunden bonuslar kisminda joel ve ellie kiyafet alabilirsiniz
  32. Sep 14, 2014
    I have to admit this is one of the best games I've ever played. Everything in this game is perfect: the music, the story, the characters, the atmosphere, environments, graphics, etc.., Joel and Ellie are some of the best characters ever. The story is excellent. Oh yes, let's not forget the really good multiplayer game.

If you have a PS3 you will be forced to play this masterpiece. If
    you do not have a PS3, this game is a reason to buy it. Expand
  33. Sep 14, 2014
    While it's game play may contain notable flaws, The Last Of Us is ultimately saved by it's beautiful soundtrack, breathtaking atmosphere, & tremendous story.
  34. Sep 13, 2014
    An above average story with below average gameplay. If I knew that this "game" was going to be this bad, I would've wasted my $70 on some worthless charity.
  35. Sep 13, 2014
    The Last of Us is a game that many people claim to be one of the greatest games in history based almost solely on a singular aspect of it -- its story. When you get down to it though, even the story is nothing that we haven't seen before, and does nothing to drastically change the landscape of future games. In other words, despite being a good and enjoyable game, it is not a "masterpiece." 10 years down the road, when people really take the time to think about what this game did for the video game industry, they will realize that it is not as glorious or revolutionary as the often-times polarized user reviews would say. Sure, it had a good story with some brilliant voice acting. Sure it had decent combat mechanics and great visuals. But did it do anything that we haven't seen before? Sadly, it did not. We've seen great voice performances in video games before. We've seen post apocalyptic survival (dare I say, "zombie") games with good stories before. We've seen great graphics before. Despite its good characteristics, this game did not provide any experience that made it dominate the other great games of the generation.

With all that being said, I am not trying to "bash" or "hate" on this game. Rather, I am trying to give a realistic representation of the experience that any casual, hardcore, or average gamer who has not played this game before can expect. Do not go into this game thinking that it will change your life - it won't. You will, however enjoy it for what it's worth.
  36. Sep 12, 2014
    Simply put, the best game ever made. Should be at the top of the list, GTAV, although a good game, should be second as it lacks a lot of stuff GTAIV had, Rockstar are MP benders and sold the SP short.
    The Last of Us was a defining moment in gaming and Naughty Dog are the kings of storytelling
  37. Sep 11, 2014
    Freaking awesome! Yeah i really would prefer a zombie apocalypse multiplayer but clearly that's even better. It's the best game i 've ever played. Great work Naughty Dog. We want The Last of Us 2 and this time release it on pc too
  38. Sep 11, 2014
    A must have game and truly the greatest of a generation, if not one of the best games of all time. The story and characters are amazing, the visuals are gorgrous, the gameplay is great and gives you lots of options how to approach everything. The atmosphere and immersion really pull you in and you will find yourself in some tense situations. This is survival horror done right, where you need to think about how you will use limited resources snd ammo. To top it all off, the multiplayer is really good, requiring teamwork, communication, and strategy along with skill Expand
  39. Sep 9, 2014
    This is the best game one the playstation 3. It is so amazing. The characters are deep, the gameplay good, music is good and I can't think of nothing negative about it.
  40. Sep 9, 2014
    I do not see what is so good about this game. It as Uncharted all over again, not saying Uncharted was bad but it is just another Uncharted with Zombies. Very very linear. You have no choices what so ever and you have to do exactly what the game tells you to do. Even in combat that is. You have very little ammo, you have to shot 4 guys with 1 bullet or try to sneak. But sneak is impossible if you do not do it exactly as the game wants you to sneak. The story is nothing special. It is like the story on Uncharted, perhaps a bit exiting for some, not for me. I liked Uncharted at the end. Did not like the first one and do not like Last of us. They are far to linear and just "Go to the next room and kill the enemy and hide behind the dedicated stuff" again and again and again... Expand
  41. Sep 9, 2014
  42. Aug 31, 2014
    Good movie with a bad and unnecessary gameplay inside. Multiplayer - not fun. Stealth is made pretty bad. History has a hole and does not disclose the characters up to the end. This is not a game of the year.
  43. Aug 30, 2014
    It is the best game ever made and it is not overrated.Graphics are super.Story is great.Character models are fantastic.When you mix these, it is perfect.
  44. Aug 27, 2014
    3 Words only. Best. Game. Ever...

Recommended for everyone best game ever created, its sad, and awesome! I will play forever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  45. Aug 27, 2014
    Certainly the most powerfully and effectively written storyline in game media I have played to date. Replaying difficult sections can be frustrating but only if you insist on playing on a difficult setting. The gameplay serves the storytelling effectively while continuing to be entertaining for the majority of the game.

The game's ability to predict my future actions in the intro was
    stunning. Because the game seemed to respond to me, and didn't feel scripted. I was floored by this game, and I will remember it fondly. Expand
  46. Aug 27, 2014
    A great story which happens to be told in a video game format. Although the story overpowered the video game experience. Only for that it's not a 10 for me.
    STORY AND CHARACTERS: Perfect story and perfect balance between the two main characters. There's no good or bad here. Only hope and the need to survive
    PRESENTATION: Naughty Dog has used the PS3 like no other developer. When we think
    you can't see anything better than the Uncharted series they pull this off!
    GAMEPLAY: this is where i hoped to see a bit more of the video game experience. It's not totally balanced and you don't feel comfortable because of the scarce resources. I know it's meant to be this way but a little more action wouldn't harm the game.
    ONLINE: Played it a couple of times but it's not Naughty Dog forte.
    An experience that pushes video games to a different level. Absolutely mandatory.
  47. Aug 23, 2014
    My best experience in the video game world, masterpiece. Gameplay, scenario, feels, so, all they good in this game, I waw marked by this experience, it's a true masterpiece.
  48. Aug 23, 2014
    I don't understand the low scores some people have given to this game at all. IMO it is one of the best, if not THE best game I've ever played. I was so caught up in the story that I cried more than once. Yeah, some of the puzzle type things are repetitive - like finding pallets - but the story, the characters, the environments and the fighting more than make up for it - besides you don't have a lot to work with after 20 years of a violent plague almost wiping out mankind. I liked finding ammo and things to craft with and, for me anyway, I found the sneaking and fighting very challenging on the Normal setting. I'm an avid 60 year old gamer and I'm not out to prove I can beat the game on super hard mode, I don't try for all the trophies and I'm not a trolling fan boy - I enjoy a good game with a great story and this game has it!!! In spades!! I'm on my 3rd go round and cannot stop playing it. The characters and the things they go through are so realistic. The voice acting is phenomenal and the other sounds in the environment are extremely realistic. The infected enemies are scary as **** and the human enemies are sometimes worse! It was very satisfying whacking the crap out of them with a melee weapon. I found the controls pretty easy once you got used to them. I did have to die a few times in some places but I always managed to figure out different strategies for killing all enemies and getting all loot.
    This game kept me interested all the way through and more - not like the disappointing Watch Dogs where I was bored to death after a few chapters - The Last of US is definitely worth your money and I can't wait for the upcoming movie I heard about. Joel and Ellie get my vote for the best voiced and best written characters in any video game ever made!!
  49. Aug 23, 2014
    This is THE most overrated I have ever played. But read on - I'm not a mindless hater. The game is good, It's just not as good as everyone is leading you to believe.
    So The Last of Us is a game from Naughty Dog, and as such - it comes with some privileges, like better understanding of PlayStation Tech and a pretty huge budget. This guarantees it won't be a bad game, and it's not. But let
    me tell you why it isn't the masterpiece everyone has been leading all of us to believe it is.
    Graphically, it's a pretty game. A lot of people go out of their way to tell us how beautiful it is. And sure, some scenes do look awesome, some views are indeed, as Ellie points out at least 50 times during the game, pretty good, but it isn't the best looking PS3 game, nor the best that Naughty Dog have delivered. If you disagree, go back and play Uncharted 3 again - better design, better texture quality. It is pretty obvious that this game has been toned down from the PS4 version to be released on PS3.
    The sound and voicework are pretty awesome, as most games from this dev delivered thus far. Some soundtrack choices are peculiar, but haunting and moving none the less.
    However, the writing of the game is noticeably worse than what we've come to expect from Naughty Dog. Particularly, Ellie's part is written terribly, giving the actress no actual words to work with. And the overall plot has huge issues, mainly the fact that the game is not about anything. It isn't about Joel and Ellie and their relationship, it's not about a journey, it's not even about saving human kind - it's just a game with nothing to say. It's a empty, fun vessel and nothing more. The Director missed too many of opportunities to make this experience special or noteworthy. The most interesting part of The Last of Us are the Infected, though the game isn't much about them either. / SPOILERS / And the ending is too disappointing to even be considered a proper ending. Without giving too much away, it practically makes the whole game entirely pointless. Most games end with the player saving the world, or someone special. The world - obvious choice, it makes everyone feel at least a bit happy with their experience. However, this game forces you to make the other choice and save someone special. However, the game didn't give me not one reason to really care and like neither Joel or Ellie, and even if you like them - the thing is that the game does not make you feel for Ellie as Joel feels for her, and that is where the problems lie, in my opinion. / END SPOILERS /
    Gameplay is probably the strongest point of The Last of Us, however there are a few issues with pacing here and there, along with a few really awkward decisions that lead nowhere. Even at that, both stealth sections and gunfights are intense, well-thought out and balanced - probably the best we've seen from Naughty Dog.
    And that is pretty much it. It's a weak "The Walking Dead" spinoff, that is not that great. It's not a "masterpiece" - a 100%, a 10/10 or a 5/5. A game considered a masterpiece must have meaning, better writing, and not only good looks, but good design too. To me, everyone who gives this game above an 8 is either dumb or has been paid to do so. If you don't agree on my points - go play The Walking Dead Season 1, there you can see how much better executed is a very similar plot.
    Most people have heard probably of BioShock Infinite - a game that was not so overhyped. I'm bringing it up, because it's a good example to compare The Last of Us with - about writing, about how the game is directed to make you care and about the fact that it contains meaning, it contains something that will haunt you until you die. This is something The Last of Us strives to achieve, but I believe that ultimately it's bad directing and a weak plot that bring it down from greatness.
    The Last of Us is indeed the most overrated game I have ever seen and played. However, that does not mean it's not a good game - it is. It's fun, very fun in fact, and I do recommend it, because there is something to it. It's just not the masterpiece everyone is now almost taught to say it is.
  50. Aug 21, 2014
    I not going to lie, but this game is nearly perfect. The story is good. Though if you a story like this before is no surprise. The writing makes the game feel and sound real. The story feel a natural pace. There's zombie, but they're not zombies. The game calls them "Infected". There's three types of them: Runners will run and smack you. Clickers will walk up to you and kill you in one move. And Bloaters just Clickers but stronger. This game claim to be horror but the game isn't scary. To the people say I just going to watch it on Youtube are dumb. Is not the story that's makes the game good is the experience. There's online and is good as the game. I say get it. This game is at PS3 and PS4. Expand
  51. Aug 21, 2014
    This is not a review, this is a love letter to Naughty dog :)
    This is not a video game, this is interactive experience and absolutely the best game I have ever played.
    First of all, I don't,like Apocalypse, games, somehow they are not exactly my cup of tea. But this lifeless world is in a specific way full of life. Life, your life and way more important, girls life. The way i felt while
    playing The Last of us i felt so emotional and the atmosphere was so intensive that i could feel the weight of a burden to preserve girls life. Very story driven, absolutely awesome characters and great actors. Game design is great and I mean in functional and aesthetic way. Foliage is greener than in far cry witch is synonym for paradise on virtual earth.
    Stealth great, AI very good, combat very good, graphics stellar ( how PS 3 could handle this I don't, know)
    In any way a must have game.
    Clear 10 :)
  52. Aug 19, 2014
    I rarely complete videogames, as I often find plots boring: this game made me change how I look to videogames plots. Amazing, nothing else to say. I loved it and I still love it
  53. Aug 18, 2014
    The content of this game is great 10 out of 10. The gameplay is challenging and you have to use your brain for good strategy. The only problem is I beat it in about 25hrs or 1 weekend. I was not able to max out any of my weapon upgrades or health upgrades. I spent a lot of time searching rooms and drawers too. I would say I probably searched at least 90% or the areas so its not like I just ran through it. I spent about $40 on it so I am a little disappointed. These types of games are fun but they are not made to repeat over and over. So basically I am done with it. Expand
  54. Aug 18, 2014
    By far the best game I have ever played. You instantly feel for the characters. It's frightening, intense and often induces a small tear and a tight chest. Absolutely loved it and would play it again and again. The story is gripping from the word go, the combat panic inducing at times. A perfect mix of everything that makes a truly epic game. It is a very scary premonition of the world were this to truly happen. Loved every second. Never have I been so apprehensive as to open a door. Expand
  55. Aug 17, 2014
    Lets get this out of the way immediately: The Last of Us is a fantastic experience and you should play it. However, I think that the game itself has been praised so much that its many little flaws have been ignored by most.

The story itself is that of a zombie apocalypse with a different name; clickers are innovative in the way that they are blind, this allows you to play along with the
    stealth mechanic. Other than that, they are just zombies. Also, why the fungae needs to be spreaded through open wounds (bites and scratches) while there are spores for aerial contagion -which, anyone who has played Plague Inc would agree this is the best way to get a virus to spread- is baffling to me.

I will not spoil anything, but I think the ending could have been bleaker. By the end, I was not sympathizing with Joel at all, he was just being a selfish dick.
    I think Naughty Dog was playing it safe and I did not appreciate the ending.

The Stealth Mechanic works great for Joel, however, your AI companions can be really stupid. Specially when you get around with Bill, I remember at one point while entering an infected-ridden zone, he muttered the line "We must be quiet here", right before blasting off his very loud shot gun at an infected and ruining my whole stealth approach.

This would also have happened (quite a lot) with Ellie, since her running around right under the nose of the enemies was quite a common occurrence. Thankfully the AI seems locked to only take up on Joel's movements and actions, so your companion's AI behavior won't affect them (companion AI behavior will only affect enemy response if they fire a shotgun at their face - Thanks again, Bill). This was appreciated, but it broke the immersion a bit.

I noticed a few glitches here and there, also some ragdoll physics and the obvious texture pops are evidence of the last-gen power of the PlayStation 3. However, they are completely right to call this a fitting swansong to the system; it really pushes it to its limit and its an absolute success in that. Environments are gorgeous and I couldn't help feeling ompletely distracted by the vistas, especially in the Spring part of the game.

The characters are greatly fleshed out, they react to almost everything the game has to offer, even the innane chatting while traversing an uneventful section of town is magnificently human. Ashley Johnson's portrayal of a 14 year old girl toughened up by the circumstances the world is facing is absolutely engaging, and Troy Baker's worn down southener that is Joel is an absolute pleasure to listen to.

Gustavo Santaolalla's soundtrack is perfect for this game, its bleak and gloomy and I wish it would have continued so until the very end.

Still, you can't miss out on this game; its a beautiful experience that tells a tale of a broken down man that has severed himself from society even in a time that you would think mankind should stand together and not jump at each other's troath.

This is still a blockbuster AAA game, with the Naughty Dog trademark all over it (a bit Uncharted-y at times, I feel) but with fleshed out characters and an entertaining story. Despite its many little flaws, hopefully this game's popularity is turning enough heads in the industry on what gamers are expecting from developers.

Lastly, don't miss out on the multiplayer. The single player mechanics work surprsingly well and its quite challenging.
  56. Aug 16, 2014
    The only decent game I have played in a while and it's made for a relic. Imagine if this was built taking advantage of a high end PC. I gave a ten as compared to the other 99% of crappy games out there this comes out tops, a rather sad thing to say about the gaming industry.
  57. Aug 15, 2014
    Unfortunately someone on here has to write a real review so here you go, you're welcome.

The Last of Us won over 200 GOTY awards. Don't forget that fact, no Sony fan will ever let you. Does that make it a good game? Absolutely not.

As has come to be expected from Naughty Dog, The Last of Us excels in presentation. Truly, the art, overall graphics, animation, even the voice acting are
    phenomenal. You won't find better than them in any other title. Beyond Two Souls is on par, but not better, when it comes to presentation. The dialogue seems legit and it is often times entertaining.

Unfortunately after you get over that, The Last of Us is nothing more than a meme-stuffed stroll through the drudgery of not only video game cliches, but also the rest of popular media. Comparisons have been made to Cormac McCarthy and the similarity is only cosmetic if you examine the Road and TLOU side by side. Comparisons can be made to The Book of Eli, I Am Legend, and literally every other zombie movie that has ever been made - because that's what this is, an emulation of the zombie genre, but not a parody.

The gameplay in The Last of Us is absolutely mind numbing. Whether it's the lack of variety or the overall redundancy of every single segment save the very first 20 minutes of the game, there is absolutely nothing entertaining about it. As the game progresses you are simply playing a movie and the only way to progress it is to get from cutscene to cutscene. Once you realize this, you'll also come to the realization that just like Uncharted, the Last of Us is an overrated blockbuster whose merits come from technical accomplishment - and not from actual gameplay, which should be the defining characteristic of a video game.

Ignoring the plot holes involving Ellie and Joel, the gameplay changes once you switch characters, but only for about 20 minutes, and not in any way that should be remotely unfamiliar to survival horror enthusiasts. After that, the gameplay changes again from a somewhat stealth driven survival game into a flat out murder simulator, just like Uncharted, and it sheds all former pretense of being interesting, ending in one ridiculous shootout sequence that would give Uncharted 3 a run for its money.

The only saving grace to the gameplay is the multitude of multiplayer modes. Essentially it is just team deathmatch, but the survivalist aspects of the game and the moderate realism have been worked in to make it truly interesting while at the same time hilarious. I've never played another game where someone beating me to death with a plank of wood was so hilarious - whether because it's stupidly overpowered or a riot to watch.
  58. Aug 14, 2014
    A masterpiece that surpasses Uncharted 2 and tells a realistic tale and gives a vicious gameplay. I'm just wordless with this game. It's just amazing.

Yep.
  59. Aug 13, 2014
    Ah finally a game that simulates/plays a survival horror/adventuresque post-apocaly.....wait....this has been done before....but not quite as good looking, The Last of Us is essentially a lovechild of Resi 4/ Uncharted/Metal Gear/The Road and I AM LEGEND....Sounds great on paper but just doesn't give you the big hype reaction you were hoping especially on it's PS4 Revival, Humanity has been hit hard by the Cordyceps Fungus infecting Human hosts and turning them into the usual BS of some sort of infected man eating fungus zombie hybrid, in comes Joel... A tragedy and years of survival against the infected have made Joel into Battle Hardened Bear Grylls minus the camera crew, fortunately Joel is very likeable an despite his cold Solid Snake killing skills he is a pretty good guy... he almost takes as much damage as wolverine in this story which is crazy....until you meet certain enemies... see the games enemies are Humans who are armed like gears of war characters, Infected Humans who haven't turned fully but still have a serious killer instinct and Metal Gear Extreme difficulty vision which is really irritating especially when the Stealth sections start, also we have Clickers and Bloaters... Clickers are humans that have been overtaken by the Fungus and do not have any sight but instead rely on hearing you creep around seriously any movement and your screwed and especially in tight spots the enemies can come in all varieties and quickly over power you causing a brutal and cheap death, the infected humans barrage you like flies on poo and then sometimes the clickers do instant kills seriously it gets old very quickly and even if your not moving sometimes the clickers just kill you anyway it's like hey screw it I cant see you but I'm gonna eat you anyway! Then we have the Bloaters.... Best way to describe them is like the Tank Zombies in left for dead except these guys take tons of damage before they die and can see you any way and throw these like fungus bombs at you alerting all other enemies in the vicinity! However you only see a couple throughout the whole campaign so that can be forgiven, in comes Ellie, she is basically a rip off of Ellen Page.. but she's ok an only a couple of times does she become a liability, she has a ridiculous boss battle where the boss does one hit kills which really drove me nuts! Apart from the skanky cheap deaths the game is stunning on PS3 and really has pushed the machine to the limits, the Graphics are slick and virtually flawless however some of the cut scenes are in game engine or sometimes CGI... and trigger some obscene loading times and even saving can take upto a minute....the music is awesome and the voice acting great some really nice pieces have been written in and the story is okish... sometimes the controls just don't do what you want them to do and sometimes drops you into....you guessed it an instant death! which sucks I nearly smashed my pad playing this but apart from overpowered enemies, ok chase scenes and some stupid encounters the game is pretty enjoyable the story kept me going and I really wanted to stick with Joel and Ellie and watch them succeed and their relationship grow, now throw in the PS4.... Yesus... the PS4 version has been given 60 FPS and 1080p resolution... Whoopy doo I don't care every game developer says the same crap these days 1080 bla bla our game is crap but it's in 1080p while the game does have a bit more detail than it's PS3 it's not worth shelling out for a PS4 and the updated "Remastered" game... did a game that's barely a year old really need to be Remastered? Answer.... no not really, ok so you get loads of multiplayer crap and the Left Behind DLC but if you have already bought for PS3 don't rebuy, I personally enjoyed Uncharted 2 + 3 more but if you want a great story it's worth maybe getting hold of the PS3 version but if PS4 is your only choice then go for that. Expand
  60. Aug 11, 2014
    The Storyline is amazing, even though the ending wasn't as satisfying. Awesome graphics and voice acting, The stealth can be just a little boring sometimes but overall it's a must have game for people who love games with an amazing storyline
  61. Aug 11, 2014
    The Last of Us was definitely one of this years best games. The writing, voice acting, and story were all extremely solid. It sucks you in and keeps you engaged in a flowing narrative and the game play did its best to keep you engaged and working to progress. The one negative I could find would be that on occasion you feel like the developers simply inserted the same puzzle in a different scenario which tends to feel more like a chore than a puzzle at that point. Expand
  62. Aug 9, 2014
    I've been a PC gamer for the majority of my life and I really wanted to try this game out. I just never wanted to spend the money on a console (ps3). During the release of the PS4, it made sense to hop on board, due to the amount of exclusives that Sony has. This is by far one of the best single-player games I've ever played in my lifetime. This is up there with Half-Life (insert all the expansions), Half-Life 2, Bioshock, and many others. Expand
  63. Aug 9, 2014
    I felt restricted by the banality of the puzzles and the sections where the 'run button' is deactivated. The excellence of the art and level design is moderately entertaining, even when Joel is restricted to slowly walk through 10 minute sections. So it takes a non-gamer mindset to appreciate the game, imagining what the world has been like leading up to the state presented, rather than a classic problem-solving approach where you are fully attended to progressing through the game. When Call of Duty shows technical excellence and standard gameplay, I call it an entertaining game. TLoU is similar in its ratio of technical excellence vs gameplay innovation. It's entertaining and a feast for the eyes. But the exciting zombie franchise is still called The Walking Dead, and the exciting Naughty Dog franchise is called Uncharted.

I leaned towards a 7/10 or even 8/10, but I stopped playing after completing the campaign. No alternative game modes (except online) to play around with. No exciting trophies to attempt. Just a few dozen inconsequential collectibles scattered throughout the campaign, and trophies for completing it several times. In a campaign where so many sections play on the strength of surprise and 'first-sight-marvel' I'd just rather play something else after seeing it once.

The ending is satisfying, but you could just read a plot summary and then watch the final hour on Youtube and get what the game wanted to tell. I liked the message (hint: love) but it wasn't necessary to trod through so many hours of slow progression to feel the impact of the story.
  64. Aug 9, 2014
    The Last of Us um dos melhores jogos que já joguei na minha vida, o enredo emocionante, cada detalhe do jogo é fantástico , gráficos muito bons, a Naught Dog ta de parabéns ,pra mim seria o game do ano, obra prima mesmo.
  65. Aug 8, 2014
    Solid writing, well paced story, and impressive visuals make for an entertaining adventure. However repetitive level design, and clunky AI will none the less detract from your experience in The Last of US.
  66. Aug 8, 2014
    Oh, The Last of Us...this game amazed me! From the start to the beginning, this game is filled with action, great animations and deep emotions until the end.
    Naughty Dog shows at the end of the last console generation what the PS3 is capable of! I never thought, that the Playstation 3 was able to build such amazing graphics.
    The only negative thing: hours of playtime...sadly it was like
    this in the Uncharted series too but it was totally worth it to play this 16 hours of this masterpiece! Expand
  67. Aug 3, 2014
    I don't know what to say, I don't remember much... because it blew my mind. There is nothing left of me except the awestruck face I am frozen with. Never ever will I dismiss games as being just for adolescents again. Do your country justice and buy this game NOW!!!
  68. Aug 3, 2014
    One of the best games I have ever played. Gameplay, graphics, storyline controls all thought out well and makes for a game that will always remember look forward to playing again in the remastered version.
  69. Jul 30, 2014
    Лучшая игра за десять лет. Ну и вы понимаете, почему 10 лет. Сюжет, персонажи, геймплей - все в игре идеально сделано.
    Поэтому просто 10 из 10. Всем рекомендую купить игру, если нет возможности, то просто посмотреть её видео-прохождение.
  70. Jul 29, 2014
    This game is a work of art. Top-notch voice acting, beautiful graphics, and a story that left me in tears by the end of the first segment of the game. The combat is nothing too special and the puzzles are often easy and just minor annoyances, and there are a few kinks with the games AI, but all of this is eclipsed by the amount that this game achieves in terms of storytelling and characters. To me, this is about as perfect as a game can get. Expand
  71. Jul 29, 2014
    I've heard mixed reviews on this game ranging from "it's too boring and slow moving" to "this is the greatest game of all time". I can now say, after playing through the bulk of this game, that I completely understand both sides of reviews. For those of you who want an adrenaline rush of game play with constant action, go elsewhere for your gaming experience as this is not the game for you.

However, those of you who enjoy imaginative immersion in a well-crafted storyline, realistic/believable characters, beautiful artwork and game design, exploration, and solid game play, look no further. The environments are mesmerizing, the character movement is gorgeous, the dialogue and voice acting is superb, the mix of stealth/scavenging/shooting within the twists and turns of the games story is as excellent as video games come.

The game basically plays as a 3rd person shooter (think Resident Evil 4+5) with stealth elements (think Splinter Cell) and crafting (again, think Resident Evil 4+5). Additionally, as you traverse the lengths of the storyline, you will find yourself in a myriad of settings ranging from (but not limited to) the outskirts of the city refuge to a deserted town and all the way to the wilderness, university campus, and sewers. Each new area and chapter in the game flows along the tide of TLoU's amazingly executed storyline - and the characters you play as become increasingly unique, realistic, and dear to your heart. I cannot tell you how astounded I was throughout my first play through. I can honestly say that the enjoyment of this game remained throughout the second play through as well.

*I believe my total play through time for the game was roughly around 18 hours or so. I suppose it would depend on how quickly you are attempting to finish - my style included quite a bit of exploration and a steady pace throughout to soak up the beauty of the game.

Definitely within the top 5 best games I have ever experienced. Well worth the price of a ps3 for this game alone. I would highly recommend for post-apocalyptic enthusiasts.
  72. Jul 28, 2014
    As a walking simulator, 10/10. As a video game, 6/10. Most of the game is a mixture of perambulatory locomotive dislocation with a few moments of hide-run-shoot. I liked the style of the snowy villa area and boss, but the bulk of the decrepit architecture and overall world design made me realize that maybe, just maybe, meandering around the end of the world isn't the entertainment fest everyone knows it will be. Expand
  73. Jul 28, 2014
    Very good game but I got bored shooting at humans, I think it should be all about killing zombies which is much more fun. And what is the point in a fight between survivors?
  74. Jul 26, 2014
    The Last of Us is my favorite Playstation 3 game. The gameplay and story are just perfect. Online multiplayer is engaging and extremely addicted. This is one of the best games ever made.
  75. Jul 25, 2014
    Masterpiece of a game and will be a legendary game in the video game franchise for as long as they exist. The story is just excellent, the gameplay is very good (some occasional bugs, for example when you are sneaking about trying to avoid the clickers or normal enemies sometimes ellie will run about and walk straight into them but they wont notice her at times) its the second best game of the last generation, behind GTA V . Expand
  76. Jul 22, 2014
    This is one of the only games were I have been emotionally attached to the characters. It is by far the best game I have ever played. I have the remastered edition preordered as well. This game is truly legendary.
  77. Jul 22, 2014
    Don’t get fooled by the over the moon positive reviews. I think this game is overrated. It is a stealth zombie game full of post-apocalyptic clichés. And the stealth mechanic does not work all that well. It is hard remain undetected and if spotted you get exposed to a frustrating head-on fight with enemies attacking from any direction. The levels are big and most of the time there is no clear indication where to go. So you will want to kill all enemies in a cluster and then search for an exit, which makes true stealth game play difficult or even impossible. The game bored me too much. Mid-game I changed the difficulty to easy and forced myself to finish it. I wish I'd skipped this game. Count me out for The Last of Us 2 Expand
  78. DGF
    Jul 21, 2014
    The Last of Us is a game with beautiful visuals, excellent characters, a powerful presentation, and emotionally moving story, beautiful relationships, unpredictable development, and basically everything it needs to make it a 10 out of 10 masterpiece. Except for one thing, gameplay. Although the last of us includes many good habits and different things to have it turn out to be a great story game, the gunplay in last of was clunky and boring, the hand to hand combat being clumsy and repetitive, and the only thing that really stood out about it gameplay wise was the clickers and bloaters. Being a fan of every game genre, i am really disappointed in naughty dog having to make me say that the last of us would make a better movie than a game, or maybe a walking dead sort of thing. However, if you are in the mood for a good story, then im sure you can get past tlou's incredibly boring gameplay to expirence naughty dogs beautiful yet emotionally brutal outcomes of the story. An unpredictable tale, i shall call it. enjoy this great story! Expand
  79. Jul 20, 2014
    I got this game on Christmas and Played it for one night got stuck and never picked it back up until recently, and I regret it. THIS IS THE AMAZING SURVIVAL EXPERIENCE EVERYONE IS FAWNING OVER! It pisses me off even more that Metro Last Light came out this year and yet this piece of instant kill **** is the one that got all the attention. The game relies on the Instant killing clickers for Its difficulty, because those are the only enemy that you cant beat the **** out of. Your resources are always low not because you are constantly using them to fend of your enemies, they're limited because the world is so stupidly empty that you never had them to begin with. their is no tension about resource conservation when you NEVER GET THEM, human enemies almost never drop ammo, (which is just stupid, like I just manage to kill them when they had just used their last bullet) and guns just suck so why even use them, especially when you can LITERALLY BEAT ZOMBIES TO DEATH WITH YOUR BARE HANDS AND WIN. The game is a joke when clickers aren't around and then its only hard because they **** instant kill. Stealth is boring and has no tension because clickers are so damn easy to sneak by, (just move slow and hold still when the start to throw a hissy fit) and any other foe can just be beat to death. for a comparison lets look at Metro Last Light a far superior survival game that gets it right. supplies litter maps if you just know where to look, and the world is so detailed you'll always find new things you have to SCAVENGE and doing so is always rewarding encouraging you to do it more, while the last of us barley ever has **** anywhere, and if it is something it will always be something you don't need, like empty **** bottles. In Metro Last Light the threat comes from the enemies themselves, In the harder modes you can be quickly killed, but if your skilled enough you can avoid it, your not getting killed by a Animation is what I am saying. When you get into combat it requires the use of resources that will deplete the more YOU fail, the game gives you enough to thrive if you have the skill and if YOU **** up then YOU have to pay the price, not just get insta-killed and restart again or just punch the world to death. Metro Last Lights combat is fun, interesting, responsive, and satisfying while the last of Us has generic combat that's hard because its clunky, and I despise clunky controls because you end up fighting them more than the enemy. the stealth is where the last of us wins right? I disagree, while the stealth in Last Light is simplistic, that simplicity honestly makes it unique, whereas The Last Of Us has stealth that is just like the stealth in pretty much every other stealth game made recently, I MEAN YOU EVEN HAVE DETECTIVE VISION COME ON! But aside from that its also just annoying, there is no satisfaction and it far too often breaks and I get seen through objects or when I shouldn't, Where in Last Light I only get spotted when I made a mistake or when I should encouraging me to try harder at it and look forward to a chance to prove my skill rather than dread the next stealth section. The best way to express my dislike for this game is the simple fact that the only time I had any fun is when nothing was happening and I was constantly dreading when the game would come back. that's not the sign of a good time. Also yes the characters and voice acting are good but Im too annoyed or bored to give a **** The game part of the game has to be bearable for the story to matter and this is honestly one of the worst third person shooter OR stealth games I've played in my life. The best description I could give of this game is if someone took dead space and uncharted taped them together and striped all the aspects that made those games good out only to have a bull come in and **** all over them to fill in the gaps. This game sucks, and I will NEVER understand why people praise this "game" like the patron saint. **** this game for wasting my day and **** everyone who would call it superior to Metro Last Light, or Dead Space 3 for that matter, It would be a blasphemy to say that Last Light compares to the Worst of the Dead Space games, let alone overshadow one of the best survival games made. Expand
  80. Jul 19, 2014
    The last of us is a game about how normal society can be reduced to smoldering pile of anarchy chaos and how humans can be changed into savage beasts with selfish motives and ruthless behavior. Let me tell you something about The last of us, it is a **** of overrated crap. it's plot, story, voice acting, characters, and themes are so unoriginal and has been repeated in various games, movies, t.v. shows, and novels. The whole emotional sequences and hopeless reality is so mediocre, can you imagine how much this has been featured in so many stories. The last of us is a game that is so insignificant and all those critics who give it a perfect score are either half or no brained at all. I would also like to say that I respect everyone else's opinion but ultimately it fails to make a fan of me and fails at being called one of the greatest games. For all those people who were mindlessly indoctrinated, I feel sorry for you but I am not those kinds of people who are pulled into the horde of zombie fans and critics. The only good thing about the game is its graphics which are kind of remarkable, however the rest of it is more or less **** to me. So that is my review of the highly overrated game that dares to call itself The Last of Us Expand
  81. Jul 19, 2014
    This game accomplishes what many games seek to do but fall short of doing. By far the best looking game on the PS3 I've seen, and I find it difficult to switch back to other games after playing The Last of Us due to the difference in visual quality. On top of that it has a phenomenal story behind it with characters you become attached to. These two qualities alone make you want to keep playing the game until you beat it. Add into these factors that it has great game mechanics and the option to choose how to play. After beating the game you have the option of multiplayer, which is tied into the story mode and has unique gameplay settings that I haven't personally seen combined into one game before, or since. All of these things add up to make the best game on the PlayStation console, and one of the best games ever as well. It's unique place in the world of gaming opens it up to non-gamers as well for the captivating cutscenes are available to watch in the option settings. Expand
  82. Jul 18, 2014
    Little late in the game for anyone to read this I suppose, but here it goes. Had some extra cash, asked people for a game that could help me kill some time over the weekend, and this came highly recommended. So I picked it up for my collection. Maybe I just don't get it. The game looked nice, but I didn't want to keep playing. Felt like just going from point A to B over and over again. Do a puzzle, navigate a room, get a cutscene, do a puzzle, navigate a room, get a cutscene. Periodically I would find myself dreading to do the next puzzle and not want to play anymore.

I'd say if you want to play it go rent it somewhere. The story and characters were "ok" in my opinion. It wasn't enough to make me want to finish the story (but I did).
  83. Jul 18, 2014
    Es impresionante que en el tramo final de PS3 salga un juego así de bueno. La historia es muy interesante y contiene giros totalmente inesperados. El prólogo ya te pone la piel de gallina... Técnicamente es una delicia y la jugabilidad es exquisita. La relación entre Joel y Ellie es una de las mejores que se han visto en un videojuego. El final del juego es muy original e inesperado. Compra imprescindible para cualquier poseedor de PS3. Expand
  84. Jul 18, 2014
    Played it as my first ever PS3 game and had to note that if you aren't mastering the controller to the level that your basal ganglia takes partly over the conscious cortex functions, the game is near impossible in certain situations. The story is not typical hollywood and has some deeper moments, which is good. However, there are several logical fallacies -most importantly it sounds that the writer had no input from someone with medical/molecular biology background making for instance the vaccine subtheme unreasonable. Sure, many player might not notice these problems. Regarding the story and gameplay would have wanted less linearity and more choices. Ah yes, and the followers (e.g. Ellie if playing as Joel) often gave too many hints IMHO. The best moments were when for one or another reason you had no followers and multiple choices to solve a situation. These moments were actually enjoyable. Expand
  85. Jul 17, 2014
    A great game and one of the best of 2013, but a tad overrated. The Last of Us hits me with it's great story and extremely well developed and memorable characters. The gameplay is fun and it keeps you alert at all times, the visuals are stunning, the atmosphere is intense, just everything about this game is amazing. If you have a PS3 buy this game, it's worth every penny.
  86. Jul 15, 2014
    It astonishes me with amount of people who dislike this game. Although, I can agree it's not for everyone, it's still a fantastic game.

The gameplay is simple, but it has a lot of variety and allows different ways to approach levels. You can sneak past while throwing a bottle or brick to distract your enemies, or you can run through the level shooting and beating the crap out of
    enemies. Yes, its not like Metal Gear or Deus Ex, but that's because it's not supposed to be.

The Last Of Us has a simple, yet effective story with beautiful and immerse levels. You play as Joel. He'sin his early forties (or so I estimated) twenty years after the apocalypse started. You are then given your objective with escorting Ellie through a run down city. Simple. I know, but as you progress the story becomes more of a more human and emotional story.

Voice acting is superb. Troy Baker and Ashley Johnson play the characters of Joel and Ellie quite well.

The multiplayer is definitely amazing. It takes all the in game elements of the single player, and adds it to the multiplayer. Note that teamwork is key to survival.

In conclusion The Last Of Us is a beautifully, immerse game, with superb characters, fun gameplay, and a emotional tale told well. It's not for everybody, but if you're a fan of Naughty Dog, then you'll love this masterpiece. Also you can skip cut-scenes if they aren't for you.
  87. Jul 13, 2014
    The Last of Us is to me at least the best game on the PS3. The graphics are great the story's great the game play's great and the voice acting is some of the best I've seen in a Video Game.
  88. Jul 13, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Best Game eveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeer Expand
  89. Jul 13, 2014
    One of the best games I have ever played. The story is phenomenal and the combat is tight, balanced, and satisfying. I personally believe this is a game every gamer needs to experience atleast ONCE. Easily a must own. Can't wait for the revised PS4 version.
  90. Jul 12, 2014
    A milestone in gaming storytelling for years to come. So much emotion between two characters on top if satisfying gameplay makes this one of the best games made
  91. Jul 10, 2014
    Game is a marvel of storytelling. Rises above the very recently overused post apocalypse theme and makes it stand out. The gameplay, while not more elaborate than some other games out there, it's very simple and very fluid supported with great physics. Cinematically, very few games other than perhaps metal gear solid series and few others compare and voice acting is second to none. Great promise to naughty dog's future games that will be on PS4 Expand
  92. Jul 10, 2014
    Absolutely incredible game. Quite possibly the best game I have played on the PS3 to date. Fantastic game-play with a well thought out and constructed story. At times I was playing along just to get the next cut scene. When playing in a dark room with a half decent TV, the immersion is incredible. To think graphics like this can come out of a PS3 is insane. I don't usually like games where you are stuck to a pre-defined path to follow but this didn't feel like it at all. If you haven't got this yet and are considering it, do it. Expand
  93. Jul 6, 2014
    The last of us was one of the greatest games of 2013 and possibly one of the greatest games ever. The game had an amazing story ( that i wont spoil) the graphics were the best on ps3 ever, the Gameplay was easy to get used too and really fun especially on hard which made it feel like u were really in their position and how hard it was too survive the acting was the best i have ever seen the characters were easy too love and get attached too but they could have used less f bombs and the ending wasn't very special but overall amazing game i would rate it 9.5/10 if they had that rating i very strongly suggest picking up ths game Expand
  94. Jul 5, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The Last Of Us is a game brought you by Naughty Dog, they gave us the Uncharted franchise and Jak and Daxter. But will this game be great as many people expected? Was the hype worth it? Maybe, some people call it a "masterpiece" others call it "The Best Game of All Time". This game starts out really interesting, you start to play as Sarah, daughter of Joel (the protagonist). The zombie apocalypse starts and Sarah dies. 20 years later you need to escort a girl (Ellie) across the United States Wasteland. The first thing I noticed, the voice acting was flawless and graphics looked beautiful. But my hype was over in 5 minutes because all you do in the game is walk, accompanied by some back-story, I'm not a big fan of Walk-and-Hear in videogames. But this was awful. There was no zombies in the game (they appear every 3 hours in the game). And AI is pretty much non-existent (apart from Ellie) Tess is supposed to help you dammit!

Still from those flaws, this game is still good, and overrated
    7.5/10
  95. Jul 1, 2014
    The Last of Us is a game with watered down physics, predictable story lines, and characters that don't really have any depth.

This game has been beaten into the ground to the point where I don't think it could have ever lived up to the hype, however, that does not justify the problems stated earlier.

Does the game look good? Yes, looks amazing! However, everything else is just...
    meh... I was very let down when I played this game and do not recommend purchasing it unless you enjoy mediocre titles. Expand
  96. Jun 30, 2014
    There isn't much that hasn't been said about this masterpiece of gaming. Everyone knows it represents a landmark in graphic design for future video games, as well as how impressively tight the story, dialogues and characters are written apart from the intuitive gameplay. All I can say is that if you have a PS3 or a PS4 (when the remastered version comes out) and you don't have this game, what the hell are you waiting for? Expand
  97. Jun 30, 2014
    Great game, but nothing amazing. Story is the strong point of this game. Not sure why the reviews are so high... perhaps it's similarity to the Walking Dead. Game play is a little repetitive and ammo is too scarce. If you're a fan of zombies definitely try it out. Otherwise, I recommend the Uncharted games instead.
  98. Jun 30, 2014
    I loved this game. I was gripped from start to finish like I never have been with any other game. Everything about it was great but most of all the story. Ellie and Joel are such great characters (probably my favourite in game history) and the story is as good as any book or film. The control scheme was pretty much perfect (the cover system worked very well as did the melee controls) and I loved being able to customise your melee weapons and the incentives to collect things such as being able to upgrade your guns. Oh and the graphics were stunning, hands down the best I've seen on the PS3 and that's no easy feat, there's some great looking games on the console. Sure it's very linear but there's still just enough exploration and it makes a nice change not to have an open-world game with a million choices at every turn. I'll never forget this game, to me it's truly a masterpiece. Expand
  99. Jun 30, 2014
    I ended up playing Last of Us after all of the hype said it was an amazing game. When I started to play TLOU I was highly disappointed. All the review sites went on about the emotion and how that made the game. I felt no emotion from the boring lifeless, robotic characters.

I played through the first level which is so dull and boring. You just walk around and run a way from the infected
    people. Nothing amazing what so ever which a clunky character.

As you progress you get to an area where you have to move around some planks. I was already bored up till this point and then that just intensified the boredom.

The character models in Last of Us look nice but the land scape and the cities look dated. Have a look at the grass around the cities. It has no texture.

The combat is just boring basic third person shooting with dumb enemies. The clickers make it a bit tougher but when you figure out that you should kill the ones that kill you with one attack first. The game becomes very easy.

Avoid TLOU like the plague, I seriously couldn't take any more after three hours in.
  100. Jun 30, 2014
    This game is simply fantastic ! Not only do you immerse yourself in a world that is frightening and beautiful at the same time full of nasty creatures, but you also emotionally connect with the fictional characters that venture through the zombie infested land. When I finished this game I was actually sad because I did not want it to end. The game is set so you have the opportunities to make your way through the obstacles your way, that's what makes it so great. You can choose to kill the zombies in some levels or simply stealthy move past them, you choose. And then their is constant surprises every where you go for items to collect which can change the course of the game, if you kill a zombie or hostile sometimes you can pick up guns,ammo,bombs and more. I enjoyed every part of this game, and some levels were so hard I had to try multiple times to make it through ( bloater in the gym just die already ,). You are equipped with various weapons, but my favourite was the bow and arrow, clean silent kills. I defiantly hope naughty dog make numerous sequels to this game, it is truly entertaining and actually made me think, if this really happened what would I do to survive. Expand
  101. Jun 14, 2013
    I don't know what I can really say about this game without giving anything away, but I will tell you that it is easily in the top ten games that I've played, and I've played a lot of good games, also the characters of Joel and Ellie are absolutely brilliant, I think Ellie has such an amazing premise, and Joel seems to have been affected by the infection in quite a realistic way. The only bad thing I can say about this game is that as good as it is, I don't think it's for everybody, some people might be put off by the atmosphere and violence within the game, while some will love it for the same reason.

If you're thinking of buying this game, then I recommend buying it.

1. Sep 16, 2013
  2. Sep 10, 2013
  3. Despite the breakneck pace of the prologue, it takes quite a while for The Last of Us to pick up some speed again. However, once the cold harsh winter arrives, the action (and story) ramps up. So much so, it puts most Hollywood productions to shame. [July 2013, p.76]