6.9

1. Dec 2, 2011
    The campaign is just retarded, if you kill an enemy soldier, it comes back. I think the game could be much better without respawn. The multiplayer isn't that good. Always the same. So it really becomes boring after a few days.
  2. Jan 9, 2012
    This game would have been great online, if people could still play it online(which, of course, you can't). So, with the best part of the game removed, we get a below average Battlefront clone.
  3. Mar 17, 2012
    It's ok but a terrible misuse of the Lord of the Ring's name. The gameplay is repetitive, the campaign is chunky and uneven, the graphics are ok and the voice acting is mixed. I just don't really see how they could release such a game as this, what with how bad it is. I give it a 4/10 for it's ok stuff...

The music and dialogue is standard fantasy epic fare, although delivered flawlessly. The locations and graphics are adequate, without being spectacular, and the character models are smooth and serviceable, perhaps a consequence of the game’s online focus.
  2. Had Pandemic and EA given this game fluid action elements in tune with more modern games such as Devil May Cry and Ninja Gaiden -albeit not to those extremes- we'd have a winner on our hands. But as it stands now, Conquest fails because it feels outdated, despite featuring a novel concept.
    Clunky controls and redundant gameplay all point to the guilty party: mediocre game design.