6.8

1. Nov 13, 2010
    I see no point in calling this game rubbish. Sure the melee and graphics are pretty bad. Gandalf may sound like Santa and Gimli may sound like a pirate. But this game is sill relatively awesome. I like it's music, it depicts locations verry effectively and there are just enough locations and heroes to make every location feel fresh. It has deep beauty that you have to dig to find, but once you have, it will be he golden fruits of your labor. Expand
  2. Mar 13, 2011
    i do not see why so many ppl give this game a bad review i personally love it with a few exceptions such as being able to get knocked off a horse with one hit but other than a couple little dumb mistakes on the part of the game designers this is a good game and is tons of fun to play with a friend. this is a very under rated game but i think it is a must have to anyone that likes these battlefield type games or at least rent it but do not just skip over this game because of a couple bad review Expand
  3. Dec 2, 2011
    The campaign is just retarded, if you kill an enemy soldier, it comes back. I think the game could be much better without respawn. The multiplayer isn't that good. Always the same. So it really becomes boring after a few days.
  4. Jan 9, 2012
    This game would have been great online, if people could still play it online(which, of course, you can't). So, with the best part of the game removed, we get a below average Battlefront clone.
  5. Mar 17, 2012
    It's ok but a terrible misuse of the Lord of the Ring's name. The gameplay is repetitive, the campaign is chunky and uneven, the graphics are ok and the voice acting is mixed. I just don't really see how they could release such a game as this, what with how bad it is. I give it a 4/10 for it's ok stuff...
  6. Feb 4, 2014
    I love this game. Great.campaign, great co op campaign, and great coop team death match etc, however inclines not to great. Overall 8/10, good job EA.
  7. Craig
    Jan 15, 2009
    The game does quite good in terms of graphics. You can use trolls, ents, heroes, and they can be a lot of fun, but the opportunities to do so don't come around nearly as often as they should. The gameplay is otherwise not even particularly fun, and annoying more often than not. Having to re-start an entire level because you failed at a section is actively irritating. You can be killed in many different and annoying ways. For example, you cna jump off a bridge and fall 30 feet, taking no damage, but if you're playing a hero and get knocked off a bridge in another level to fall the same distance, your hero is killed. The higher the difficulty of the game makes the game far more annoying due to having to start every level from the beginning if you fail a section. I ended up playing on the easy difficulty, and completed BOTH campaigns in 6-8 hours total, leaving only the online or instant action modes, which are even less engaging. A big part of the game is killing hordes of enemies, and the online/instant action modes don't spawn the same hordes, which leaves the levels feeling empty. The demo makes the game look and feel far more fun than it actually is. Unless you're a die hard fan, you'll only be disappointed in this game. Collapse

The music and dialogue is standard fantasy epic fare, although delivered flawlessly. The locations and graphics are adequate, without being spectacular, and the character models are smooth and serviceable, perhaps a consequence of the game’s online focus.
  2. Had Pandemic and EA given this game fluid action elements in tune with more modern games such as Devil May Cry and Ninja Gaiden -albeit not to those extremes- we'd have a winner on our hands. But as it stands now, Conquest fails because it feels outdated, despite featuring a novel concept.
    Clunky controls and redundant gameplay all point to the guilty party: mediocre game design.