The Punisher: No Mercy PlayStation 3

5.8

1. TylerH
    Jul 6, 2009
    Its a rather bland first person shooter. The Unreal Engine on its death bed (its beginning to look terrible), only on life support by the cheap devs that want a quick engine (it does work for cheap games I suppose). While its only $10, your not getting that much. Single player is a massive 3 stages of surviving waves of enemies or kill a set amount. Guns are ok. Only fun first 10 minutes,Its a rather bland first person shooter. The Unreal Engine on its death bed (its beginning to look terrible), only on life support by the cheap devs that want a quick engine (it does work for cheap games I suppose). While its only $10, your not getting that much. Single player is a massive 3 stages of surviving waves of enemies or kill a set amount. Guns are ok. Only fun first 10 minutes, fades quick. Hit detection is terrible, especially in multiplayer. Whether it be extreme lag, or people cheating in multiplayer already, I dont know (its not my connection), I was skipping around the map, continuously dying from questionable shots, not to mention theres maybe 20 people on. Overall, not worth it. I played it for an hour, and I probably wont touch it again. Theres other games that deserve my time than this dull, repetitive mess with a headache multiplayer. Collapse
  2. Arcturian
    Jul 8, 2009
    Waste of money. For $10 you can get countless games from this generation that all function as well as or better than Punisher: No Mercy, which is nothing more than a hyped Unreal Tournament 3 mod that you pay for. I beat the "story" mode in under one hour of playtime, and multiplayer is "equip the rocket launcher until you fall down" mode. So it's Unreal, but slower and without theWaste of money. For $10 you can get countless games from this generation that all function as well as or better than Punisher: No Mercy, which is nothing more than a hyped Unreal Tournament 3 mod that you pay for. I beat the "story" mode in under one hour of playtime, and multiplayer is "equip the rocket launcher until you fall down" mode. So it's Unreal, but slower and without the weapon variety. Just go out and get The Orange Box, or even the actual Unreal Tournament 3, both under $20 retail nowadays, cheaper on Steam, and play the games that inspire developers to make games like Punisher: No Mercy instead. Expand

1. Frank Castle's latest game is not what we hoped it to be. A mere Unreal Tournament clone without soul, despite having such a great franchise in the title. Unoriginal and basic all around, it can be a fun game, but only for short game periods.
    A pretty bad game all around. The somewhat interesting upgrade mechanics don't help overcome the numerous problems: a super-short (and boring) single-player mode, laggy online play, almost complete lack of feedback when hitting someone, bland level designs, and a good deal more.
    Its biggest flaw is feeling old hat in an already overcrowded marketplace, and it is unlikely to pull any FPS devotees from their game of choice. No Mercy -- despite being a competent shooter set at a value price -- simply doesn't stand out like its title character.