8.8

1. May 17, 2013
    I can't believe it's taken me three years in getting around to playing this gem of a game. Having been unaware of the Monkey Island franchise until very recently, I was pleasantly surprised by this wonderful "HD" version of the 1990 original.

It's a short(ish, depending on your puzzle-solving skills) game, but well worth the $10 you'll shell out for it. Each puzzle you solve gives you a sense of gratification that few games offer today. Not to mention writing that, in my mind, is on par with the likes of the Portal franchise for it's wit and incredibly fun humor.

In a world where PSN/XBLA games are starting to take up more and more of a gamer's time, don't let this gem fall through the cracks.
  2. May 21, 2015

1. If you've got opposable thumbs, a sense of humor, and a brain that you're not afraid to use, this puzzle-filled adventure is one well worth taking.
    The Special Edition doesn't offer any new gameplay, so its appeal may be limited if you've already been initiated. But if you've never seen a three-headed monkey, download this now.
  3. The landmark script and puzzles override the bland artwork as the classic graphic adventure returns.