5.4

1. Feb 8, 2012
    Say whatever you want. I really don't understand why critics are considering this hd port is a failure. Why would it be, really? It's the same old game which we spent hours and quarters playing. THE SAME. Better, actually; since it offers improved graphics and a couple of extra features. It's a great, classic game that filled me with nostalgia today. I'm in my 30s right now and I used to play this when I was 12. And I remember that I used to day dream about having this arcade game at home - which was made possible, today, after 20 years. This is something money can't buy, folks. Worth every cent and second. Will be playing this for a long, long time... Expand
  2. Feb 25, 2012
    The game has not aged well at all. Being a fan of old school beat em ups like turtles in time or streets of rage, this can't even compare. Bland repetitive enemies, uninteresting locations, and one button no combo combat make this arcade game a pass.
  3. Soy
    Jun 28, 2012
    It should just be considered a minor miracle they got the licensing issues ironed out to get this out after so many years. Sure the replay value is almost nil, but it's a fun blast to the past for those of us who sunk quarter after quarter in this sucker back in the day. $5 would've been a better price point, but it was still worth it for the nostalgia. HD-upgrade? Remember Turtles in Time: Re-Shelled? Yeah, let things be. Expand
  4. Apr 15, 2012
    I remember playing this game at the arcades, It is a very simple game, with little attack options. This version is more of the same, and yes, it has not aged as well as I initially thought. However, it has a few fun moments.
  5. Mar 6, 2012
    I was very disappointed in this. Its not a port its literally playing the old game on your ps3. theres no up ressing or anything. you could argue that it still has the same sense of gameplay as the original one we all remember fondly from the arcades. But Allas I dont think it does.
  6. Apr 3, 2012
    This game is too fun, but actuality he needs a HD graphics, why a port? anyone like a port.
    My 3 points is for the game, not the port, only what the old game was.
  7. May 28, 2012
    Awesome game back in the day.

1. At its core this is Konami's Ninja Turtles beat 'em up re-skinned for Matt Groening's cash. But whereas everybody gets a rad turtle in TMNT, one poor bastard in every four player posse gets stuck with Marge and a vacuum. [April 2012, p80]
  2. Ten quid is a steep asking price. [Apr 2012, p.97]
  3. Mar 28, 2012
    It's boring, the AI cheats and it's too expensive for something that can be finished in half an hour. [Issue#216, p.85]