6.1

1. Oct 27, 2010
    This game has many pros but only one con. I may never see my ps3 again. You see, my sister is a casual gamer, which means she games just enough to where its fun to watch her play. But, now the tables are starting to turn. She giggled when ever they did something cute, took at least an hour to make and edit one character, and added some pretty lofty life goals that will take days of play time to accomplish. In short, if you're looking for a game for a female gamer, this game is perfect. That is the only con, this game is fantastic otherwise. Less of a game and more entertainment. Expand
  2. Oct 26, 2010
    This game is fantastic! This is the best Sims has ever been on console... Karma Powers rock!!! I've played Sims 3 on the PC and I've played other versions of the game on handhelds. I've also played Sims 2 on console. By far this is the best translation of a Sims game from PC to console. They got it all right. There is a new feature in the game where you can use Karma powers. This changes the game dramatically. You can "get lucky" in a matter of minutes now. You can curse someone you don't like...and ...well...I'll save a few surprises. This adds a whole new level to the Sims unpredictability. This new Karma power stuff is new and available in only the console versions. Also for all trophy and achievement whores out there...you have plenty of awards. I would say about half are pretty easy to get...the other half will take some time. Good stuff EA! Expand
  3. Nov 1, 2010
    The game is a lot of fun and very addictive for those without access to a capable PC. Be warned, however, as there are some sizable disappointments, one household per save being the biggest. That said, I have to disagree with the critics who complained about long load times. I find the load times to be completely acceptable, although perhaps a bit too frequent. The core gameplay is rich, but I think replay value might depend heavily upon future dlc, hoping we get any. All in all, a strong title that leaves a bit to be desired. Expand
  4. Aug 5, 2011
    Guys, if you're thinking this is the same Sims 3 PC on a console like I did before I bought this game, you are wrong. This version is just awful compared to what the PC version has to offer. Here are a few problems I had with the Sims 3 console: 1) Poor controls. It's hard to manoeuvre and navigate this kind of game using a controller. Many times you'll have to hold and press a few buttons to do something and hence the game pauses whenever you are switching between sims, and selecting an action for your sim. Why?!! Building your home is also a hassle. 2) Graphics. The graphics on the PC version is not great, but on the console version it's worse (poor colour and lighting). Even the map of the neighbourhood has to be is 2D. 3) One family only at a time. You can't switch households and you can't create a new sim to join your household nor can you move in a new sim household into your neigbourhood after you have started the game. And if you want one of your sim to move out of your active household, he/she will be permanently deleted from your neigbourhood. Why can't we have him/her move to another house? Again, why?! 4) Your sims are dumb. If you decide to take one of your sims downtown while having another sim stay at home to study, you can't!! If you follow your sim downtown, your other sim's actions will be cancelled as if he/she was doing nothing the whole time you were out. I can't even check on sims on the other side of town without ruining their plans for the day. 5) Why is there a limit to how many stuff you can build and buy on a lot? 6) Not enough lots for purchasing / building houses. No option to relocate families so I had to evict one of them to buy their house. 7) You can't upload own music or take pictures/videos of your sims. 8) No add-ons, no expansions. World Adventure, Late Night, you won't be seeing those. 9) Too many loading screens. You can't watch your sims go to work, instead there'll be a loading screen. If you go into Buy mode there's a loading screen, from Buy to Build mode, a loading screen. I don't get it. They added Karma gameplay but at the expense of all this? WHY?!!! The only good thing about the console version I see are the challenges you can fulfil and trophy achievements. Besides those, if you're thinking of getting the Sims 3, please do yourself a favour and get the PC version and avoid the console version. The Sims 3 console is an embarassment. Expand
  5. May 10, 2012
    This was a great game. The Karma Power makes PS3 version is different than the PC version. Graphics Improvement and other good things. I promise you won't be disappointed...
  6. May 31, 2013
    This is the best sims game I've ever played. Karma powers are awesome. I love making a big family, throwing a huge party, and then killing them all with the firestorm karma power.
  7. Dec 5, 2013
    This is just horrible! You can't control anything!! It's not like The Sims 2 on PS2, which was awesome! Or like The Sims 3 on PC, also awesome. It's ridiculous and pointless. There is no freedom. What's the point? It's so frustrating, and seriously makes no sense. This is going right back. Seriously disappointed. I hate it and am so angry I wasted my time and money.
  8. Jun 25, 2014
    I look at Sims as an amazing game to play with your family and have fun with. It gets addicting for a fact. The beauty of the game is that you make it your imagination.

The long-running series' third outing makes the leap to consoles with style. It's impressive how EA have managed to cram in almost every aspect of the PC game, without having to make any notable compromises. The controls take some getting used to, and the game frequently has to load, but Sims-fans will be happy to know that this is the best console-outing the series has offered yet.
  2. Jan 6, 2011
    At last: a console version of The Sims without a crappy control scheme. The Sims 3 may be not as extensive and flawless as the PC version, but is still a nice translation of the original concept that made The Sims great in the first place.
  3. The important parts work perfectly. [Christmas 2010]