8.7

1. Mar 15, 2011
    This collection of games is incredibly over-rated, aggravating, and a chore to play though. I played and completed all 3 games and discovered that more often than not I was simply playing them just to get through them. Each game starts off strong, but progressively gets more and more frustrating as it throws cheap and repetitive gameplay elements at you. In the first game the mainThis collection of games is incredibly over-rated, aggravating, and a chore to play though. I played and completed all 3 games and discovered that more often than not I was simply playing them just to get through them. Each game starts off strong, but progressively gets more and more frustrating as it throws cheap and repetitive gameplay elements at you. In the first game the main frustration came in the form of dying from only one hit, and having nearly everything be able to kill you (falling, water, enemies). There's also the issue of one of the bosses (Ruby) being a bit glitched and more difficult to kill than she should be.

The second game starts out strong, but quickly suffers from each new area being essentially exactly like the previous area with similar goals. It gets old and boring rather quickly. A glitch also exists which makes jumping to hooks extremely difficult (at least it did in my version -- Sly very rarely would ever attach to hooks, which often resulted in frustrating deaths). The third game is basically 60% mini-games, most of which are bland and will have you restarting them repeatedly. It is also the most glitchy of the games. During my play-through it froze at least 5-7 times, requiring a restart. Overall, I found all the games to be a test of patience. Aside from nostalgia, I don't really understand why anyone would really enjoy these games.
  2. Nov 18, 2011
    I was hugely excited about this game until I played for about 10 minutes and after that it was just a chore. Sly shouldn't even be me mentioned in the same sentence as ratchet or jax-it's just not a fun game to play.
  3. Jan 8, 2012
    the first game 6/10
    the second game 3/10
    the third i did not play this game i found just to be one big annoyance the first one was alright but you die with one hit so you have to go through each place perfectly and the boss battles dont really require skill it just takes a couple tries before you memorize the pattern they attack in and exploit it as well the button response in the 1st
    the first game 6/10
    the second game 3/10
    the third i did not play
    this game i found just to be one big annoyance the first one was alright but you die with one hit so you have to go through each place perfectly and the boss battles dont really require skill it just takes a couple tries before you memorize the pattern they attack in and exploit it as well the button response in the 1st game is terrible i found myself dying way too often because sly did not want to grab onto a hook or land on the tip of an icicle when i push the circle button. the 1st game is also pretty easy to get 100% in it just takes time to collect all the clue bottles. now for the second game they give you an actual health bar instead of dying and having to start over when you get hit which was a plus but the level design was so bad that i just gave up half way through because it was justway too hard to find way around to my mission objectives as well. the 3rd game i did not even attempt at because of how bad the 2nd one was so stay away from this game you can thank me for all the frustration im saving you from and possibly saving your controllers as well

1. Apr 7, 2011
    The three games of the pack are an incredible journey through Sucker Punch evolution, and a great examples of gameplay and level design that stand the test time, still fun and enjoyable today.
  2. Mar 3, 2011
    The Sly Trilogy marks developer Sucker Punch at its hilarious best, and even if you've only a modicum of interest in platforming games, there's no getting around the fact that this is a must-buy.
  3. The action absolutely stacks up to the current PS3 contenders. [Jan 2011, p.120]