The Unfinished Swan PlayStation 3

8.1

1. May 7, 2015
    A brief but meaningful game. It's minimalistic style and excellent soundtrack pull you into the world and it's unique story. The gameplay is truly something original and exciting. It's just a shame there isn't more of it. It ends before you know it and does leave you wanting more. Thankfully there are some reasons to come back.

Collectible balloons are scattered throughout the levels.

Collectible balloons are scattered throughout the levels. You can use the balloons in order to unlock new items to use in another playthrough as well as some other bonuses. However even with extras to hunt down it's not a game that will last you long. It's one I found myself wanting to return to immediately after completing it. It might not have much content, but unlike most games with the same issue I can still recommend paying for it.

The game starts you off in a world that is literally a blank canvas. Splashing paint around in order to see what makes up the world leads to a sense of satisfying discovery. When you progress further and the environments start to take on more shape the excitement of discovery only increases. Satisfying and fun puzzles are encountered along the way. Story elements must be found in the environment and play out like a child's fairytale book.

The only real issue with the game is the length. It's easily beaten in no time at all. However the story, world, and gameplay stick with you long after the credits roll. It's an involving experience and one I didn't want to put down. It might not give you much bang for your buck, but it's worth the $14.99 price tag. There's something truly beautiful and immersive here and I highly recommend experiencing it.
  2. Oct 23, 2012
    This game has a lovely graphic style, nice music and really cool gameplay. It's hard to describe unless you see it but if you liked Journey or Flower, you'll probably like this game.
  3. Oct 25, 2012
    Very interesting game. It brings to mind games like Braid, Limbo, Flower, and Journey due to it's unique style. The whole storybook within a game is one thing, but the whole thing early on with throwing the paint to figure out where you are going, using the water later on, this is a game that is totally unique from top to bottom. Not only is it unique, but it is a lot of fun as well. TheVery interesting game. It brings to mind games like Braid, Limbo, Flower, and Journey due to it's unique style. The whole storybook within a game is one thing, but the whole thing early on with throwing the paint to figure out where you are going, using the water later on, this is a game that is totally unique from top to bottom. Not only is it unique, but it is a lot of fun as well. The simple mechanics make it a game that doesn't require anything really to get you started. The visuals are stunning, and the game is really just plain fun.

The only negatives are that I felt like it could have been more, and I hope that there is more that we see from it, a more intricate sequel or something. Also, it was very short. Then again, as someone who is kind of uptight about the space on their PS3, I kind of appreciate the smaller size of about 1.5 gigs because of that. The positives outweigh the negatives by a massive margin.

Anyone who can respect art and creativity should be able to enjoy this game.
  4. Oct 23, 2012
    This is the most intuitive unique game that's come out since Journey. You're in an all white space and to figure out where you can go you have to throw paint randomly out there until stairs, hallway, etc are revealed. It's a blast figuring out these puzzles. I recommend this to anyone who likes fun.
  5. Jan 22, 2013
    Once I figured out how to get out of the first room, the game was excellent. Lovely style, wonderful puzzles, engaging storytelling-- an extremely unique game. Highly recommended for Portal fans or for anyone interested in the First-person puzzle genre.
  6. Oct 24, 2012
    Unfinished swan is representative of its own theme
  7. Nov 5, 2012
    The Unfinished Swan is an astonishing game full of wonder and enjoyment. It's the best time I've had with a game all year and one of the most memorable. The story is Captivating and keeps you playing. Nothing about it is difficult. It is more for someone just looking to have a good time. I recommend this to everyone. It is about 2 to 3 hours depending on how you play but thatThe Unfinished Swan is an astonishing game full of wonder and enjoyment. It's the best time I've had with a game all year and one of the most memorable. The story is Captivating and keeps you playing. Nothing about it is difficult. It is more for someone just looking to have a good time. I recommend this to everyone. It is about 2 to 3 hours depending on how you play but that doesn't detract from the game at all. Expand
  8. Jan 20, 2013
    The Unfinished Swan (TUS), what is it? The game starts off with a blank screen. I thought the game had frozen and tried all the buttons. I fired an ink ball. Black on white, but what more? It's after hitting a corner that I understood. From this first-person view, the goal is simply to advance. I hereby introduces you the first Mirror's Edge like in history!

Unlike its model, TUS is

Unlike its model, TUS is more about thinking than running. The title is full of crazy and innovative puzzles (creating platforms, use of light to progress...). It also benefits from an amazing art direction with unique and beautiful sceneries like the one above. The story is entertaining as well, almost moving, and reinforces the mysterious and fascinating aura that springs from TUS.

True, it's quite short and the controls are a pain sometimes. But it does have a few challenges that add to the overall value for completionists. And think about it : you enter a paint shop and see a masterpiece at 7
  9. Oct 25, 2012
    Whoever mentions Call Of Duty in their review of this game is a stupid idiot with a narror minded single idea about what video games are.
    This a beautiful living, breathing comic book story, that thrusts players into the mind of a lost child searchingfor who he is and where he came from. Yes it is short, and sometimes it stumbles in it's execution, but all gamers should sample the short but sweet story on offer here
  10. Jan 10, 2013
    One of the greatest downloadable games of all time, imo. The graphics and art style are impossibly amazing. The gameplay is so simple but so clever, puzzling, creative and dynamic. The gameplay constantly changes drastically from chapter to chapter (maybe too quickly: just as you get used to a mechanic it changes). The music is some of the best out there, as well. Wonderful! The only gripeOne of the greatest downloadable games of all time, imo. The graphics and art style are impossibly amazing. The gameplay is so simple but so clever, puzzling, creative and dynamic. The gameplay constantly changes drastically from chapter to chapter (maybe too quickly: just as you get used to a mechanic it changes). The music is some of the best out there, as well. Wonderful! The only gripe is that the game ends kinds when you dont expect it; and the white-canvas levels are scarce. Buy it now. Thank me later. Collapse
  11. Dec 5, 2012
    I'll just say I had a goofy grin on my face the whole time I played this. I felt like each of the main ideas was more creative and fun than many entire games I've played. I'm now on my third time through, enjoying all of the fun bonuses. I also love having people check it out when they come over... I just really enjoy watching that reaction when they first figure out the opening moments ofI'll just say I had a goofy grin on my face the whole time I played this. I felt like each of the main ideas was more creative and fun than many entire games I've played. I'm now on my third time through, enjoying all of the fun bonuses. I also love having people check it out when they come over... I just really enjoy watching that reaction when they first figure out the opening moments of the game. Strongly recommended! Expand
  12. Oct 28, 2012
    The Unfinished Swan is a beautiful game in which a boy named Monrue (can't spell his name) takes only one of his mothers unfinished paintings when he goes to the orphanage. he then takes on a journey in which he runs around a world throwing paint balls to find his way around. You collect balloons to get extra "toys" (hose, sniper rifle, etc.) Graphically the game is great. the controls areThe Unfinished Swan is a beautiful game in which a boy named Monrue (can't spell his name) takes only one of his mothers unfinished paintings when he goes to the orphanage. he then takes on a journey in which he runs around a world throwing paint balls to find his way around. You collect balloons to get extra "toys" (hose, sniper rifle, etc.) Graphically the game is great. the controls are very simple, and there is almost nothing to com pain about, else then it is pretty short, but is a download game so it makes sense. overall I give this game a nine out of 10. Expand
  13. Feb 8, 2013
    Wow, wow, wow!! I like original games like I like original movies and music. I don't like seeing always the same thing over and over again, and man, this game was original! Never seen anything like it. Beautifu game too.
  14. Apr 28, 2013
    Este juego me hizo recordar que sigo siendo un ñiño en mi interior.Con una historia simple que asemeja a un cuento de antaño,lo cual es muy bueno por que da la sensación de estar leyendo un cuento,pero sigue siendo un juego claro,un gameplay que no deja de sorprender en ningún condenado momento,esta es una aventura que no te debes perder.
  15. Dec 12, 2014
    It is just about long enough to escape dissatisfaction and just about short enough to escape an overstayed welcome. It's charming, it's creative and refreshingly family-friendly. It isn't particularly deep and is the closest the games industry may ever come to capturing the wonder and glee of a bedtime story
  16. Apr 7, 2015
    Fun and beautiful, but not coming close to the adventure that was Journey. Some interesting ideas are explored, but I didn't feel compelled enough to go back and find every last balloon.
  17. Jan 10, 2013

1. Aug 23, 2013
    The Unfinished Swan is a creative experiment that’s worth a play, even if some aspects feel incomplete.
  2. Dec 10, 2012
    The Unfinished Swan is a beautifully crafted, unconventional, sophisticated and provocative game denying the gameplay stereotype by a constant surprising of a gamer. The game is resisting to deplete all of its interesting themes in quite possibly the most annoying way - it ends itself in the middle of the road, at the place where the gamer is willing to submit to it completely.
  3. Dec 4, 2012
    The Unfinished Swan isn't without its charms, and there were moments in the abandoned city, with the vines overgrowing walls and bridges in all directions, that I almost loved it. However, in its very short runtime The Unfinished Swan introduces too many different ideas and doesn't sufficiently explore or refine any of them-not even the bad ones. That might suit the theme, but it makes for a game that feels frustratingly incomplete.