7.5

1. Jul 6, 2013
    After loving the original I had to buy this. but I feel that they have made a mistake making a 5-in-1. Don't get me wrong this game is good but I didn't like fact that each story got me really into it then it suddenly stops. I feel they should have made a full episode for each character.
    I wouldn't say this game picks up from where the first left off, it takes place at the same time as the first but it does set the story up nicely for the 2nd game.
    But I'd say they have improved greatly on the animations, graphics and control system.

This addition is worth the money but has left me thinking that they could have done more. But overall it is a good solid DLC.
  2. Oct 19, 2013
    I consider this as a 'Summer Special' considering the game has an almost Television format. This special DLC was pretty much what I expected. It wasn't very long, it was quite overpriced considering it's length. But it was still very fun to play, left some mystery at the end and left me pumped for Season Two of The Walking Dead Video Game!
  3. Jul 12, 2013
    Decent, but left more questions than answers. Nothing great wouldn't rush to get it. Its nice to get an idea of what's next for season 2 though which is good.
  4. Jul 4, 2013
    I adore Telltale's Walking Dead game. I convinced all of my close friends to buy, and play through it just so we could talk about the story. It is one of the few stories in gaming that's really, really engaged me. I was also really impressed with the way they handled the idea of episodic gaming. The way each episode ended was perfect for a continuing story, and for 2 or 3 hours every twoI adore Telltale's Walking Dead game. I convinced all of my close friends to buy, and play through it just so we could talk about the story. It is one of the few stories in gaming that's really, really engaged me. I was also really impressed with the way they handled the idea of episodic gaming. The way each episode ended was perfect for a continuing story, and for 2 or 3 hours every two months they had my complete, undivided attention.

When I saw them announce at Sony's 2013 E3 conference that there was going to be a bridging episode between the first and second season, I was immediately on board. When it came up on Steam, I immediately purchased it.

After 2.5 hours of playing, I can honestly say I wasn't satisfied.

(I apologize if you consider describing the structure as spoilers; but I will be absolutely spoiler-free in terms of story)

The structure of the episode is to break everything up into small, succinct stories each with their own cast of characters. This is a fairly impressive task that they came up with a bunch of scenarios; but I feel like the execution was poor. All of the decisions felt very contrived, some of the voiceover was extremely weak, and by the end of it, I didn't want to play anymore. I had to force myself through the last two scenarios because I had nearly ceased caring by that point.

On my Macbook Pro (2011), there were a lot of framerate issues, as well as some buggy graphics and really janky movement issues. I would rather have played it on my PC, and maybe those issues are fixed there; but this happens to be where my save lives, and at that moment in time I didn't feel like migrating it haha. Though those don't affect the story/writing at all, it impacted my experience.

I'll sum it up here and say that this episode seems like it could have some interesting bearing on the coming season; but I found my experience with it to be fairly negative. That is not to say it isn't "good," the writing quality is still pretty good; but I felt no connection to any of the scenarios.

I gave this game 3/5 because I feel that the quality is there, it just really didn't appeal to me and there were some things I really disliked about it.
  5. Dec 18, 2013
    Seems to be a set-up for things to come but as a seperate story this is worthless. And seeing as season two was still 6 months away when this game came out it's not worth your money. If it costs less money then a normal episode it could've been worth it.
  6. Sep 2, 2013
    It's good but I can't help but feel that it should have been more. The originals strengths remain; storytelling, voice-acting and difficult and satisfying decisions. It's nice to see that what you decide impacts the wrap-up at the end of this 1-2 hour experience but I can't help but feel that we should have gotten more time with each character. Don't get me wrong the characters are goodIt's good but I can't help but feel that it should have been more. The originals strengths remain; storytelling, voice-acting and difficult and satisfying decisions. It's nice to see that what you decide impacts the wrap-up at the end of this 1-2 hour experience but I can't help but feel that we should have gotten more time with each character. Don't get me wrong the characters are good (great in some cases) but without the long character development of the original title you don't care a tiny bit about them.
    But as a teaser for the next season, this game works for the most part. It provides some thrills and if these characters properly impact the impending story then it's completely fine. If only we had had a running time of twice what we got then this might have been the best thing I've ever bought for 5 bucks but it does fall a bit short of that, especially with the quality I've come to expect from this series.
    In any case, if you enjoyed the original then there is no reason why you shouldn't buy this instead of an ice-cream.
  7. Aug 7, 2013
    A "Meh" DLC. You don't get to know the characters to well, which makes you not really care about them. The choises you make have almost no effect on the story. I know it's a DLC, but still... The story's should've been longer IMO. You shoul've got the same exact feeling when playing the main game. But no, they kind of failed in that. 6/10
  8. Aug 28, 2013
    I am a huge fan of the 5 part series. Each chapter was epic. In 400 Days I felt like the the short stories were interesting but lacked the personal investment that the others had. There were a couple interesting new mechanics and I like how it all wrapped up. In previous chapters I haven't had the urge to go back and replay them to see how they pan out... in 400 Days it encourages moreI am a huge fan of the 5 part series. Each chapter was epic. In 400 Days I felt like the the short stories were interesting but lacked the personal investment that the others had. There were a couple interesting new mechanics and I like how it all wrapped up. In previous chapters I haven't had the urge to go back and replay them to see how they pan out... in 400 Days it encourages more replay... but the second time around its a little disappointing to see how little changes based on your choices. It was $5... so no regrets at all. If you're a Walking Dead fan, get it for sure. Expand
  9. May 11, 2015
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. really good stories. i love it. I do not have to say anything more. But i need to write one hundred and fifty characters. i think my score can describe it. Expand

1. You could see 400 Days as a great dessert after an exquisite meal. Or maybe as an appetizer for a second course, because we were left wanting much more, even though this DLC does not quite reach the same heights as the original series. [September p.90]
  2. Aug 20, 2013
    As a teaser for the next season, it's superb. [Issue#234, p.85]
  3. Aug 18, 2013
    If you go into 400 Days expecting the same intense, emotional, roller coaster of a ride that Season 1 produced then you could be disappointed. With characters leaving almost as quickly as they are introduced there’s no time to get any sort of attachment, particularly when playing as a different person in each chapter. Keep your expectations in check however and there’s still plenty to get out of 400 Days, with an ending that could tie into the next season, this is still a worthy chapter in the series.