7.5

1. Apr 4, 2014
    Let me just say that without the 'ending' bringing it all together this would be getting a very different score. The game is short, but it's pretty well done for what little you get in gametime. I would recommend it. I give it an 8... a low 8/10, because it presents in such a fresh and imaginative way. ALso it's pretty cheap when on sale...that would also be a reason. Are there better valued games out there? Of course. Are you better to spend that money on another game? Maybe. If you know what you got in S1 of the walking dead you will enjoy this content and have no reservations about splurging on a short yet sweet experience. Expand
  2. Dec 18, 2013
    Seems to be a set-up for things to come but as a seperate story this is worthless. And seeing as season two was still 6 months away when this game came out it's not worth your money. If it costs less money then a normal episode it could've been worth it.
  3. Oct 19, 2013
    I consider this as a 'Summer Special' considering the game has an almost Television format. This special DLC was pretty much what I expected. It wasn't very long, it was quite overpriced considering it's length. But it was still very fun to play, left some mystery at the end and left me pumped for Season Two of The Walking Dead Video Game!
  4. Sep 2, 2013
    It's good but I can't help but feel that it should have been more. The originals strengths remain; storytelling, voice-acting and difficult and satisfying decisions. It's nice to see that what you decide impacts the wrap-up at the end of this 1-2 hour experience but I can't help but feel that we should have gotten more time with each character. Don't get me wrong the characters are good (great in some cases) but without the long character development of the original title you don't care a tiny bit about them.
    But as a teaser for the next season, this game works for the most part. It provides some thrills and if these characters properly impact the impending story then it's completely fine. If only we had had a running time of twice what we got then this might have been the best thing I've ever bought for 5 bucks but it does fall a bit short of that, especially with the quality I've come to expect from this series.
    In any case, if you enjoyed the original then there is no reason why you shouldn't buy this instead of an ice-cream.
  5. Aug 28, 2013
    I am a huge fan of the 5 part series. Each chapter was epic. In 400 Days I felt like the the short stories were interesting but lacked the personal investment that the others had. There were a couple interesting new mechanics and I like how it all wrapped up. In previous chapters I haven't had the urge to go back and replay them to see how they pan out... in 400 Days it encourages more replay... but the second time around its a little disappointing to see how little changes based on your choices. It was $5... so no regrets at all. If you're a Walking Dead fan, get it for sure. Expand
  6. Aug 27, 2013
    I understand the frustration that some players may have experienced when playing this DLC. But I assure you that this DLC is worth every dollar/pound/euro spent on it!
    This DLC as the job of bridging the gap between the end of Season 1 and the beginning of Season 2. Despite the fact that Season 2 has not yet come out, this is a job well done!
    Although it isn't as great as Season 1, this
    DLC is capable of delivering us new and interesting characters and a somewhat odd timeline, on which actions from Season 1 will, directly or not, affect our journey through this DLC, and on which our choices for this DLC will affect the ending and therefore the beginning of Season 2. Expand
  7. Aug 23, 2013
    Good DLC. Nothing great. It still has those funnyass trophy titles that I loved in the first five episodes. It's good and at times but short. Each story takes about 8 minutes to complete.
  8. Aug 20, 2013
    There isn't much of a game here, to be honest. Unlike with the base Walking Dead game, where I suppose I got caught up in the game's story and wanted to see what happened to the characters, here I just got really frustrated with the lack of interactivity and impact mychoices had.
  9. Aug 7, 2013
    A "Meh" DLC. You don't get to know the characters to well, which makes you not really care about them. The choises you make have almost no effect on the story. I know it's a DLC, but still... The story's should've been longer IMO. You shoul've got the same exact feeling when playing the main game. But no, they kind of failed in that. 6/10
  10. ERB
    Aug 2, 2013
    A good sequel.It is not good as the original but I think it qualifies as a good game.Story is good and game play is also good.Like the original walking dead game this is also one of my favorite zombie games.
  11. Jul 26, 2013
    What was the point of this? TWD was all about developing a personal connection to the characters. 400 Days is a measly 10 mins with 5 different characters and by the time the credits roll you don't give a damn about any of them. This was nothing but a Telltale Games money grab while people wait for Season 2. Absolutely pointless. 10/10 for Season One. A big fat ZERO for 400 days.
  12. Jul 22, 2013
    The Walking Dead: 400 Days is a bittersweet, 90-minute journey, that brings you through the climactic points of five different individual's stories. The game starts out at a truck stop message board, where you have the opportunity to engage in these five stories in whichever order you like.

Each adventure is marked on the notice board by a name and picture of each character. Telltale
    has done a very good job in choosing a variety of personalities for these individuals and no two are alike. Each story is engaging and will have you at the edge of your seat for most of the 90 minute play-through. The different settings allow Telltale to add scope to their Walking Dead universe and never feel dull or boring. You'll be chased by bad guys into the middle of nowhere, be entangled in a love triangle while trudging through a spooky forest, get a sense of a post-apocalyptic community while inhabiting an abandoned rest stop, catch a free ride to the prison on a prison bus, and make your way to your grandma's house while meeting an interesting person on the way. All these stories take part in the 400 day timeline from the first few days of the start of the zombie invasion to the last few days. There is so much variety here that keeps each and every story interesting.

Not only is there a variety of places and times, but the most important part of this game are the choices and actions you partake in, which weigh heavily on the outcome of each character's life. In each story there is at least one instance where those decisions won't be easy and your gut reaction might not be the right reaction. However, that is what this game is all about...it is true to life, where our actions could lead to a devastating outcome. You may find yourself stuck between making a morally good decision or a necessary decision(not always the same). You may determine the fate of characters that you have briefly gotten to know. That is what makes this game great. Many of these decisions evoke an emotional response, which is rare.

If you have played The Walking Dead: Season One, you will feel right at home with the controls and game-play. The way you choose dialogue, control each character's movement, and engage in combat through quick-time events have not changed. The voice acting and script are phenomenal and as engaging as ever. However, there is the occasional dialogue where the lip syncs are off and some slowdown. Nevertheless, the game and story do not suffer from these minor hiccups. You might not even notice most of them. My biggest qualm with this game is the amount of time(or lack there of) it takes to play through these stories. In my first play-through, it took me about 90 minutes to complete the game. It was a little disappointing considering the amount of questions this game left unanswered, but that is exactly what Telltale wanted. Yet, there is no question that you will replay(as I have already done) each of the stories to see what you did wrong and what could have been.

A game like this, that makes you question your judgement and connect emotionally to the stories, is what made the original Walking Dead game great. The Walking Dead: 400 Days is a crumb in the bigger cake that is to be released with Season 2. It acquainted you with the characters you will see in Season 2 by throwing you into the pivotal moments of their lives. It makes you crave for more like an impatient toddler who received a free sample of chocolate and now wants the whole candy store. In that sense, Telltale has completed what they set out to do and has made an extraordinary buffer between Season 1 and Season 2. If you call yourself any kind of Walking Dead fan, you need to pick this decaying puppy up.
  13. Jul 20, 2013
    Loving the original, I was pretty excited for this DLC. Although this isn't as great it's still pretty damn good.
    My issues with this are that it feels almost a waste to have it short, running you below 2 hours for the 5 mini episodes.
    In the original the choices you made to me were realistic in a sense, that in that situation these actions are the things running through your head, yet
    in this DLC they seem a little off.
    The final flaw to me is re-used assets, although I know this is just DLC and it is made to bridge season 1 and 2, and that anybody would expect them to focus on season 2, you still will see a face that looks similar to someone on season 1 or you may even notice a stock sound, its something small but i thought i should point it out.
  14. Jul 19, 2013
    What's so good about this DLC is how good they are at making evocative characters that you feel like you know in a really short time. That's impressive, impressive writing.
  15. Jul 16, 2013
    I almost feel like I robbed Telltale when this is just £3.99. These 5 characters, as well as a few others, are very well presented. You get to know them, and the epilogue is a sign of what to expect in Season 2. A good one at that. The echoes of your choices from Season 1 will pan out here, which is really cool to see. I have good expectations from telltale for Season 2. 400 Days shows that even without Lee and Clem, they are still capable if delivering characters you can get emotionally attached as well as an intriguing, enticing story. Expand
  16. Jul 14, 2013
    The Walking Dead: 400 Days Is a slight setback from the previous series. The characters here are great but not as Lee or Clementine. Somehow the Story does not add up to the previous series or tell the faith of Clementine. But the game is still great with good characters each with their unique background. Making decisions is still hard as ever making you want to play the Game again. But the game is short and ending is not satisfying. Overall the game is good but not as good as the expectations of the fans of the series. Expand
  17. Jul 12, 2013
    Decent, but left more questions than answers. Nothing great wouldn't rush to get it. Its nice to get an idea of what's next for season 2 though which is good.
  18. Jul 11, 2013
    The Walking Dead 400 Days is another brilliant addition to the Walking Dead series from Telltale Games.Once again they have managed to create brilliant characters and put them and the player into very tense but also very emotional situations.In this add on there are 5 characters each with a little story, whats brilliant about them is that they last about 15 minutes each and in that short time i cared for them and wanted to see them through their situation.This is because of various factors form the brilliant voice acting, well thought out situations but also the well thought out decisions you have to make.Ex. Kill a person as they tried to steal your groups supplies or let him go but run the risk of him coming back with his group and possibly killing you all.You feel the tension and stress while making this decision and thats what is brilliant about this game, it feels real!.Its only downfall is that not all of the stories have this affect others are not as strong in these terms and therefore feel inconsistent.But none the less 8.5/10 Expand
  19. Jul 8, 2013
    While not as deep as the first season, this is an exceptional episode that really whets the appetite for the next season. I was a bit hesitant when I read that each story is only 15 -20 min but I absolutely loved it. I would actually prefer this method for a future season. Where each episode was 20 min of 5 or so characters and the next episode picks up with the same characters for 20 minuets more. Expand
  20. Jul 6, 2013
    A stort but sweet Dlc that will hold you over for season 2. worth the price of admission! my only problem with the DLC is some of the storys were a little too short lasting 15 min almost but i enjoyed what i played and can't wait for season 2.
  21. Jul 6, 2013
    After loving the original I had to buy this. but I feel that they have made a mistake making a 5-in-1. Don't get me wrong this game is good but I didn't like fact that each story got me really into it then it suddenly stops. I feel they should have made a full episode for each character.
    I wouldn't say this game picks up from where the first left off, it takes place at the same time
    as the first but it does set the story up nicely for the 2nd game.
    But I'd say they have improved greatly on the animations, graphics and control system.

This addition is worth the money but has left me thinking that they could have done more. But overall it is a good solid DLC.
  22. Jul 5, 2013
    Excellent episode. For an excellent game. The story is engaging. The characters captivate the dialogues too. Do not wait to start playing the second season. Would you like to leave a collector's edition with this episode also hard to get it perfect. Congratulations Telltale
  23. Jul 5, 2013
    Si bien me gustaria que la serie fuera un poco mas interactiva la nueva entrega sigue con misma habilidad e inteligencia para traer una buena historia,sin innovar pero con una nueva forma de abordar el relato.Mas alla de las pequeñas criticas que se le pueden hacer se merece un 10 entendido como un eslabon de una cadena y con mas ansias de ver su continuacion que de su par televisivo..que ya es mucho decir. Expand
  24. Jul 5, 2013
    i like the game i played two times to see the deference choices you can make but it felt short and i have to pay for the content even i have the season pass and when i star to dive in the story they end
  25. Jul 5, 2013
    In the age of next-gen graphics, online-mutilplayer and twitch reaction shooters we can thank Telltale Games for helping to keep one of my favorite genres alive; the adventure game. Telltale has obviously mastered adventure gaming, anyone can plainly see this with last years hit, Walking Dead, which won multiple GOTY awards. Now they're looking to continue their hot streak with 400 Days, but can Telltale catch fire-in-a-bottle twice?

See the full review at www.GameFan365.com
  26. Jul 4, 2013
    I adore Telltale's Walking Dead game. I convinced all of my close friends to buy, and play through it just so we could talk about the story. It is one of the few stories in gaming that's really, really engaged me. I was also really impressed with the way they handled the idea of episodic gaming. The way each episode ended was perfect for a continuing story, and for 2 or 3 hours every two months they had my complete, undivided attention.

When I saw them announce at Sony's 2013 E3 conference that there was going to be a bridging episode between the first and second season, I was immediately on board. When it came up on Steam, I immediately purchased it.

After 2.5 hours of playing, I can honestly say I wasn't satisfied.

(I apologize if you consider describing the structure as spoilers; but I will be absolutely spoiler-free in terms of story)

The structure of the episode is to break everything up into small, succinct stories each with their own cast of characters. This is a fairly impressive task that they came up with a bunch of scenarios; but I feel like the execution was poor. All of the decisions felt very contrived, some of the voiceover was extremely weak, and by the end of it, I didn't want to play anymore. I had to force myself through the last two scenarios because I had nearly ceased caring by that point.

On my Macbook Pro (2011), there were a lot of framerate issues, as well as some buggy graphics and really janky movement issues. I would rather have played it on my PC, and maybe those issues are fixed there; but this happens to be where my save lives, and at that moment in time I didn't feel like migrating it haha. Though those don't affect the story/writing at all, it impacted my experience.

I'll sum it up here and say that this episode seems like it could have some interesting bearing on the coming season; but I found my experience with it to be fairly negative. That is not to say it isn't "good," the writing quality is still pretty good; but I felt no connection to any of the scenarios.

I gave this game 3/5 because I feel that the quality is there, it just really didn't appeal to me and there were some things I really disliked about it.
  27. Jul 4, 2013
    A short but sweet episode to both hold us over to and get us pumped for season 2. You play through the story of several different characters in any order you choose and make difficult decisions and face tense moments just like you did in season 1. The choices you make here will affect what happens in season two in ways not yet clear. I can't wait to see how they effect my experience, and if these new characters are the cast of season 2. One things for sure is that this episode gives the series even higher replay value, which is great for only $4.99. This episode is a lot of fun, and has gotten me even more pumped for season 2, but I can't help but wish this bonus episode was longer. But if you're a fan of TellTales fantastic The Walking Dead Game this is a must play. Skip it at your own risk. Collapse
  28. Jul 4, 2013
    You'd think 15 minutes for each story wouldn't be enough but damn they pulled it off.
    Due to the episodes length, you're thrown into situations much faster then in Season One and must act quickly. You won't fall in love with the characters like you did Lee and Clem but this DLC is done great and perfectly sets up for Season 2.
    Already regret some of the choices I made but wouldn't have
    done it any other way.
    Also just for the price its worth picking up.
    I love you TellTale.
  29. Jul 4, 2013
    in this DLC they seem a little off.
    Overall these may seem off putting, this DLC shouldn't be. Its short but sweet and if you loved the original you should more than check it out, especially with the price. To me its just something to fill our fixes, to gives tell us another set of stories from this fantastic video game world TellTale have created.
  30. Jul 4, 2013
    A great continuation on a great game. Good gameplay and improved animations and graphics. Short and sweet, yet you get enough time to get to know the characters. It leaves me hopeful for the future season 2 and beyond. Well worth the 5 dollars.
  31. Jul 3, 2013
    This game picks up right where the 1 season left off for me-and that's with an amazing set of stories. I felt right into the game with the first story I chose. In this episode of 400 Days, you can choose which character story you want to start off with and go on from there. The comic book graphics seem to look even better than Season 1. And the control mechanics are the same as before. It was over before I started which wanted me begging for more. But, that's what I like about this Walking Dead game. It makes you anxious for the next episode to play. I loved everything about 400 Days and look forward to more episodes in the future. I give this episode a 10/10. Expand
  32. Jul 4, 2013

1. You could see 400 Days as a great dessert after an exquisite meal. Or maybe as an appetizer for a second course, because we were left wanting much more, even though this DLC does not quite reach the same heights as the original series. [September p.90]
  2. Aug 20, 2013
    As a teaser for the next season, it's superb. [Issue#234, p.85]
  3. Aug 18, 2013
    If you go into 400 Days expecting the same intense, emotional, roller coaster of a ride that Season 1 produced then you could be disappointed. With characters leaving almost as quickly as they are introduced there’s no time to get any sort of attachment, particularly when playing as a different person in each chapter. Keep your expectations in check however and there’s still plenty to get out of 400 Days, with an ending that could tie into the next season, this is still a worthy chapter in the series.