8.5

1. Mar 21, 2014
    Compared to the other episodes this one is the shortest. However, it is arguably the best of the bunch. Where they shortened the length they increased the number of choices and better polished the impact those choices had on your story. I don't want to spoil anything so I'll keep it vague but they pay tribute to the other episodes and the other decisions you've made, bringing everythingCompared to the other episodes this one is the shortest. However, it is arguably the best of the bunch. Where they shortened the length they increased the number of choices and better polished the impact those choices had on your story. I don't want to spoil anything so I'll keep it vague but they pay tribute to the other episodes and the other decisions you've made, bringing everything together to give you a wider perspective of the world the story takes place in. It was very unexpected how they went about this episode. It was also really well done and arguably this is a good ending/beginning :)

I enjoyed this series more than I thought I would. After playing the demo and being less than impressed....I picked up episode 1 when it became free and even at the end of that I wasn't completely convinced. But, I decided to give it a chance and although it isn't deserving of game of the year (like alot of reviewers have said) it is definitely worth your time to play it. I picked up season 1 on sale for basically 10$ CDN (all 5 episodes and 400 days). For that price I have little beef recommending this to someone to try. Some will like it, some will hate it. Season 1 is selling for 20$ CDN on psp right now. I'm sure in the future it will go on sale again. For $10 I'd say pick it up, take the risk, and try it. For 20$ it might be worth reading a review or two to get an idea of what you are buying (as is with most games), but if you understand this is a story-teller based game I doubt you will regret your purchase.

I'm looking forward to buying season 2. It WAS on sale a few weeks ago....but I missed out. Bad on me. I'll probably wait for it to go on sale before picking up a season pass, but that's just how I do things. Hopefully some of my reviews were helpful for any skeptics.
  2. Oct 19, 2013
    There is nothing to say about this Episode. Just go and play it. It is just a well deserved 10!

And with season two almost upon us. I cannot even wait to see what Telltale have in store for us!
  3. Jun 4, 2013
    The last Walking Dead episode, 4 of them great, but does this one live up to the other episode. Episode is the best episode by far! Its such a gripping exprience and a very emotional exprience. Totally recommend it! The Walking Dead: Episode 5 No Time Left 9.5/10.
  4. Jan 29, 2013
    While I love The Walking Dead: The Game, (epsidoes 2 and 5 specifically) there is no denying the technical flaws in the game. The story and dialogue are fantastically written and darkly enchanting to experience, and the ending is beautifully fulfilling of The Walking Dead style, but too many flaws in technical aspects begin to overshadow everything incredible about the experience of thisWhile I love The Walking Dead: The Game, (epsidoes 2 and 5 specifically) there is no denying the technical flaws in the game. The story and dialogue are fantastically written and darkly enchanting to experience, and the ending is beautifully fulfilling of The Walking Dead style, but too many flaws in technical aspects begin to overshadow everything incredible about the experience of this game. If it was a Triple A release, it would be bordering on acceptable, but Telltale are a small company and should have ironed out the flaws before release. Expand
  5. Jan 20, 2013
    the game is amaizing, but they could do better like adding multiple endings.
    all the choices and headache, blood and tears, left or right, live or die, coffee or tea, but no matter what you do or choose the ending will remain the same.
  6. Jan 10, 2013
    Wow, I would say this was one of the best experiences of it's type that can be had in regards to Zombie fiction. What a fleshed out heart-wrench, and there were many instances of my mouth hitting the floor for the utter brutality contained within. I will say bravo, the artists and designers deserve the 10's on this one. I would say that the only thing that holds back mine is the glitchesWow, I would say this was one of the best experiences of it's type that can be had in regards to Zombie fiction. What a fleshed out heart-wrench, and there were many instances of my mouth hitting the floor for the utter brutality contained within. I will say bravo, the artists and designers deserve the 10's on this one. I would say that the only thing that holds back mine is the glitches that made the game unplayable at time, and just flat out ruined some of the most suspenseful portions of the game. Stuttering, stalling and lagging. Holy God. In multiple occasions I lost the ability to make a choice of speech due to the glitches. I wish this would have been more polished on the BR Disc release. Expand
  7. Dec 22, 2012
    Even though this is the shortest of the series it is definitely the best. At the end you are confronted with just about every decision you have made. Although I didn't cry at the end I was very moved by the whole story.
  8. Dec 22, 2012
    The highlight of the gaming year for me. Enjoyed every game in the series and was just blown away by the emotional impact it left me with at the end. While sad and grim, from a gaming experience, this was one of the best from a storytelling standpoint. A must play for everyone!
  9. Dec 20, 2012
    This game! Ohhh this game! What can be said about it that hasn't already been said? This game not only surpasses the television show (which I love btw) in awesomeness, it surpasses almost every other video game out there right now in awesomeness. Can't wait until the new ones start coming out next year. And i'll admit it, I cried like a freaking baby at the end.
  10. Dec 14, 2012
    Game of the Year, has undoubtedly been the best in the story mode as you take your own decisions. An epic finale and confusing, but do not explain how Clementine left town. So medium graphics quality resemble a comic drawing and unlike other zombie games this does reflect what would happen in real life as alteration, worry and fear.
  11. Dec 11, 2012
    Outstanding! You should probably watch the show before getting into the game, but either way the plot and the gameplay are soooooooooooooooooooooooooo good!
  12. Dec 5, 2012
    The series started a little bit on the slow side, and some of the characters were just too pointless, but, any mistake in plot or hiccup in the technical department is all but forgiven in episode 5. It's easily the most emotionally driven episode in the series, and the action and music involved is phenomenal for a game of its kind. I was a skeptic on this genre coming into it, but afterThe series started a little bit on the slow side, and some of the characters were just too pointless, but, any mistake in plot or hiccup in the technical department is all but forgiven in episode 5. It's easily the most emotionally driven episode in the series, and the action and music involved is phenomenal for a game of its kind. I was a skeptic on this genre coming into it, but after finishing season 1, I simply can't wait for season 2. It'll have a lot to live up to from the season 1 finale. Expand
  13. Dec 3, 2012
    I have very mixed feelings about this last episode. It is no doubt a powerful ending that will make you feel for the characters involved and fit with the mood of the entire series. But it also was too short and very little actually happened as compared to other episodes.
  14. Dec 2, 2012
    The most emotionally involving game I've ever played. The final chapter in this brilliant game is filled with reflection, guilt, anger, and despair. All of the game's shortcomings are completely wiped out by the amazing story and how damn effective it is at making you really care about the characters. Everyone owes it to themselves to play through the whole game. In a gaming world filledThe most emotionally involving game I've ever played. The final chapter in this brilliant game is filled with reflection, guilt, anger, and despair. All of the game's shortcomings are completely wiped out by the amazing story and how damn effective it is at making you really care about the characters. Everyone owes it to themselves to play through the whole game. In a gaming world filled with mindless action, The Walking Dead really shows that games can be emotionally powerful. Let's hope this trend continues. This is Game of the Year for me. No other game EVER has made me tear up, or even come close. And this game did. 10 out of 10. Expand
  15. Nov 28, 2012
    This is the best game this year!!! And beats a lot of other games out there, it is nothing like you played before its so unique in its own different way. Perfect score for me, an absolute MASTERPIECE!!! Its Game of the Year for sure.
  16. Nov 26, 2012
    The final episode of the season is here, and it's a powerful one. It's emotional, tense, and depressing, and has some of the most interesting/cool choices to make. The puzzles and action take back seat and aren't really that prominent. This episode is more about reflecting on the choices you made as Lee and giving you intense and emotional moments. I am extremely proud to say that theThe final episode of the season is here, and it's a powerful one. It's emotional, tense, and depressing, and has some of the most interesting/cool choices to make. The puzzles and action take back seat and aren't really that prominent. This episode is more about reflecting on the choices you made as Lee and giving you intense and emotional moments. I am extremely proud to say that the glitches that have been in every episode so far are not here. I enjoyed the episode a lot but I am dissappointed with the ending of this episode, the screen just fades to black and your booted to the credits which you have to sit through in order to see a decent ending, but it's more of a "wait for season 2" ending that leaves a lot of unanswered questions about characters fates than a conclusion that will keep us satisfied until TellTale releases season 2. still it's one heck of an episode and just like always I can't wait to see what comes next. Bring on season 2. Expand
  17. Nov 23, 2012
    The walking dead, turned out to be a really good game! The story kept me intrested in what was going to happen next. Technically, the graphics were great! The music was good at times too. I just wish they didnt have so much zombies moaning in the background sound. Overall at $19.99 on the PS3, this was a GREAT buy! Will buy the next Telltale Games product again! Great job.
  18. Nov 23, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I want to agree with all of the "10" reviews. In fact, I agree with all of the "10" reviews about compelling story. It deserves to be a GOTY nominee for voice acting, storytelling, plot, depth, and all of the other literary and artistic aspects of video games - except as "game of the year". It isn't. And I wish that weren't true.

I'd be the first to tell you that I couldn't wait for the day I'd have traded some game play for story. But, watch out what you wish for, you might get it. The game became more compelling as it reached crescendos in episodes 3 and 4. Episode 5 was a huge letdown. And, unfortunately, the game play just isn't fun enough to overcome anything but a perfect story experience.

Frankly, I thought the season finale (now that we know they're approaching this as "seasons") was arrogant. You might be able to pull off that kind of ending if you're George Lucas, and this is the 4th installment of one of the most popular franchises in history... But, the Walking Dead is not that epic, or wide enough of a fan base to pull it off. It was certainly an homage to the comic series fans, but that excludes a lot of the rest of us - just looking for a great story AND a great game experience. It did both honorably, but not perfectly.
  19. Nov 23, 2012
    This game is just amazing... The story is brilliant. Playing from episode 1 and finally just now getting ep 5... This is a great ending to the series. I feel slightly cheated from how short this chapter is, but the story makes up for it. Would buy again!
  20. Nov 22, 2012
    I've been at loss of words for hours after finishing this game, but I finally brought myself together and wrote this review, so let's get down with it. In a time where gaming is full of games with no feelings, no heart, this game comes and changes everything, redefines gaming itself. The way you get attached to every single one of the survivors, plus the amazing story-telling, beautifulI've been at loss of words for hours after finishing this game, but I finally brought myself together and wrote this review, so let's get down with it. In a time where gaming is full of games with no feelings, no heart, this game comes and changes everything, redefines gaming itself. The way you get attached to every single one of the survivors, plus the amazing story-telling, beautiful visual style and incredible performances, make up for one of gaming's finest experiences. I don't want to spoil anything for anyone, so if you haven't played this game yet, do yourself a favor and don't miss out on this amazing game. Mark my words, gaming will never be the same after this game, a game that is going to be talked about for years to come. Expand
  21. Nov 22, 2012
    One of the most moving games I've ever played. Actually, this IS the most moving game, or rather an experience, a powerful, wonderful experience. Episode 5 is absolutely brilliant, this is the best episode in the whole series, and The Walking Dead is one of the best games of 2012. Every minute is filled with action or emotions - both equally powerful. I have just finished the game and IOne of the most moving games I've ever played. Actually, this IS the most moving game, or rather an experience, a powerful, wonderful experience. Episode 5 is absolutely brilliant, this is the best episode in the whole series, and The Walking Dead is one of the best games of 2012. Every minute is filled with action or emotions - both equally powerful. I have just finished the game and I don't know what to say. Maybe... Just two short words: play it. Expand
  22. TGR
    Nov 22, 2012
    This game defines a generation. Beautiful, incredible, and moving. The Walking Dead Episode 5 not only tops all the other episodes but tops any game I have ever played. I spend 95% of my day watching movies and playing games. I have never cried until now. The Walking Dead is the most emotional game i'v ever played. Telltale has created one of the greatest games ever. When we move on to theThis game defines a generation. Beautiful, incredible, and moving. The Walking Dead Episode 5 not only tops all the other episodes but tops any game I have ever played. I spend 95% of my day watching movies and playing games. I have never cried until now. The Walking Dead is the most emotional game i'v ever played. Telltale has created one of the greatest games ever. When we move on to the coming years Telltale's The Walking Dead will be seen as the game that made history for interactive games and adventure games. If you don't play this game you are missing out on one of the greatest gaming experiences ever. So go download this game now. Oh, and don't forget those tissues! Trust me, you'll need them. Expand
  23. Nov 22, 2012
    What an epic conclusion to an epic series. In my top 3 games of the year. I thought I was going to cry during the final scene. Wouldn't have minded waiting a couple of extra weeks for them to create more content as I do think (at around a quarter of the length of the others) it represents poor value for money when compared to the other episodes. For this reason, I give it 9.5. I hopeWhat an epic conclusion to an epic series. In my top 3 games of the year. I thought I was going to cry during the final scene. Wouldn't have minded waiting a couple of extra weeks for them to create more content as I do think (at around a quarter of the length of the others) it represents poor value for money when compared to the other episodes. For this reason, I give it 9.5. I hope season 2 can live up to the huge expectations that will surely be placed on it after all the GOTY's it will scoop. On a side note, the characterisations are so good that when me and the gf watch the series, we comment how bland they are compared to the game. Collapse
  24. Nov 21, 2012
    Unbelievable... Amazing... Say whatever the hell you want, this is the GOTY. Period. Best story ever, best characters ever, and most importantly, a shocking yet amazing conclusion. Im buying season 2 without hesitating.
  25. Nov 21, 2012
    All in all, Episode 5 is the best episode in the series, and the series itself is easily Game of the Year for me. No game has made me feel so connected to the characters. This is definitely the shortest chapter in the series, and there is almost little to no puzzle solving, but who cares? The story outshines everything in this episode. Absolutely EVERYTHING. Even the technical hiccups thatAll in all, Episode 5 is the best episode in the series, and the series itself is easily Game of the Year for me. No game has made me feel so connected to the characters. This is definitely the shortest chapter in the series, and there is almost little to no puzzle solving, but who cares? The story outshines everything in this episode. Absolutely EVERYTHING. Even the technical hiccups that originally plagued the game. If you haven't already, BUY THE GAME. And prepare for a treat if you haven't seen any episode gameplay on youtube that is based on the game. Expand
  26. Nov 21, 2012
    Don't wanna spoil anything for anyone who is going to purchase or is thinking of purchasing this. This final conclusion pretty much summarises the highs of the series as a whole. The pacing is just right and the acting for the most part is spot on. There are few games that shock me or connect with me emotionally but The Walling Dead not just in this episode but as an entire series has beenDon't wanna spoil anything for anyone who is going to purchase or is thinking of purchasing this. This final conclusion pretty much summarises the highs of the series as a whole. The pacing is just right and the acting for the most part is spot on. There are few games that shock me or connect with me emotionally but The Walling Dead not just in this episode but as an entire series has been great to experience. This is one of the strongest episodes,particular as it doesn't have nearly as many bugs as some of the other episodes and while at some moments you might think that would have been more logical? The game carefully intertwines with your previous decisions to deliver a climax not too fuelled on being the next Michael Bay film but about human nature and looking after those you care about. I rarely give 10's and I would rather give 9.5 but on this metacritic scale its closer to 10 than 9 - The best chapter in the entire series in my opinion. Expand
  27. 4DI
    Nov 21, 2012
    What can I say? I'm speechless.
  28. Nov 22, 2012

1. An emotive gut punch that takes rusty shears to the heartstrings. [Jan 2013, p.111]
  2. There's a ton of dialogue to be heard and choices to made and even though they won't impact the story all that much – it has a fixed ending – The Walking Dead's story shines and delivers one of the best game-endings we've ever seen. And that's all what matters here. [January 2013, p.96]
  3. Nov 27, 2012
    We've gotten quite emotionally invested into the characters of this great videogame series and now Telltale delivers a worthy pay-off. You won't forget this anytime soon, we promise - and neither will you regret a purchase.