3.6

1. Mar 27, 2013
    The Walking Dead is a successful comic that has since been adapted to AMC's hit TV show of the same name. The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct focuses on a character who is exclusive to the TV show called Daryl Dixon and is currently a fan favourite. Daryl Dixon started out as a racist redneck who only cared for his own survival, since the second and third series of the TV show, theThe Walking Dead is a successful comic that has since been adapted to AMC's hit TV show of the same name. The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct focuses on a character who is exclusive to the TV show called Daryl Dixon and is currently a fan favourite. Daryl Dixon started out as a racist redneck who only cared for his own survival, since the second and third series of the TV show, the character has changed a lot and has attracted a large number of fans.

The game is a prequel to the show and you start out by learning what happened during Daryl's early days during the undead scourge. While there aren't any amazing revelations, you do get a bit more information about the characters and there are some characters that get referenced in passing.

The good things about this game include a solid combat engine and a range of weapons to choose from. While the combat is not quite as good as Dead Island, you can reliably take down Walkers with stealth attacks and later get stronger weapons.

Each melee weapon is different from the speedy but weak hammer to the heavy and slow sledgehammer that can take down walkers in a single hit. In terms of guns you have pistols, shotguns, rifle and of course Daryl's trusty crossbow. You'll want to use the crossbow as much as you can to kill walkers silently and retrieve your crossbow bolts.

Silence is important because walkers pick up on sound a lot. One way you can draw walkers away is by throwing a bottle or a flare in the opposite direction, when they charge towards the noise you slip past them the other way.

As you progress through the game you'll want to pick up food rations, weapons, ammunition and fuel. Fuel is important for making your way across the map on the road sections. Some of these sections will give you a choice, do you move the car stuck on the road or take an alternative route?

One great feature of the game is the survivor management. As you progress in the game, you get access to different survivors. You can only pick up a certain number of survivors, based on the size of your vehicle. While you may sometimes want to save everyone, ultimately you sometimes have to choose a location and hope for the best. Some survivors are also only found on the random encounters and so can be overlooked. It's worth helping them survive since you get a bonus at the end of the game.

Sadly it's not all non-stop fun and there are a few bad points about this game. This game is relentlessly hard, with no difficulty select screen. This means that if you're not careful, you will die many times until you learn how to move around properly and what areas are dangerous to be in. You can sometimes get away from walkers in buildings, but often you can get trapped and face an early demise.

Another gripe with many people is the game length. At most, the campaign mode can be completed in around 5-8 hours. In other games this isn't such a major problem, but since there is no multiplayer or co-operative modes of any kind, it's a big big problem. The ending is also a bit of a let down as it doesn't really fill in any gaps or explain anything of importance.

If you have the option of getting Dead Island then I would suggest that you try that game out first, as it's fairly cheap. Otherwise you could potentially get this game but I would say you should get it cheap, simply because of it's length and problems. It's still pretty fun at times though.
  2. Mar 19, 2013
    I picked this game up this morning as soon as game stop was open. So that means i have spent about 2.5 hours with it. I will say that i was a little surprised. To to a tv tie in it was much better then i thought. All the cries about the graphics are not wrong, but maybe thats why they knocked 10buck off its price. All the cries about the game play however are wrong, I find it veryI picked this game up this morning as soon as game stop was open. So that means i have spent about 2.5 hours with it. I will say that i was a little surprised. To to a tv tie in it was much better then i thought. All the cries about the graphics are not wrong, but maybe thats why they knocked 10buck off its price. All the cries about the game play however are wrong, I find it very good. Gun play is tight, and movement is on par with any other FPS with a little peeking around walls to make the sneaking a little better. Now the melee is not half bad you have a quick kill from behind a grapple if you get grabbed and a light/heavy attack. Different weapons will swing faster/slower but also push zombies back different distances. I would put the melee a cut about games like skyrim and fallout because of the grapple and quick kills. Voice acting is nice also, but the NPC fall a little flat when compared to the voice of Daryle and his brother.

Over all i would give it an 8
    but this is from a huge walking dead fan, so if i step back and act like its just another game that might drop to a 7
  3. Mar 20, 2013
    With graphics more at home on a Playstation 2, The Walking Dead SI plays like most first person shooters you've ever played. The casting of Reedus and Rooker add immensely to the atmosphere, and the stark landscape, littered with debris, is appropriate, but this would be a better rental than purchase. One thing I found early in playing (can anyone verify this?), is that there seems to beWith graphics more at home on a Playstation 2, The Walking Dead SI plays like most first person shooters you've ever played. The casting of Reedus and Rooker add immensely to the atmosphere, and the stark landscape, littered with debris, is appropriate, but this would be a better rental than purchase. One thing I found early in playing (can anyone verify this?), is that there seems to be no save function while in mid mission. If you die, it revives you at the last checkpoint, but if you want to quit, the game starts at the beginning of the mission, so you have to play it through from the beginning. Anyone else find that? Expand
  4. Mar 24, 2013
    Good but Disappointing is how I feel about The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct. I think the main reason that this game has failed is because of Activision, when I first heard the a game based on AMC's The Walking Dead was coming out I was thrilled! Then I saw it was about Daryl (Probably my favorite character) I was even happier! Then...I saw who it was published by...Activision...Then IGood but Disappointing is how I feel about The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct. I think the main reason that this game has failed is because of Activision, when I first heard the a game based on AMC's The Walking Dead was coming out I was thrilled! Then I saw it was about Daryl (Probably my favorite character) I was even happier! Then...I saw who it was published by...Activision...Then I had a bad feeling, they are the crash grabbers of the gaming industry, but I remained optimistic, I mean coming from the guys for made Ghostbusters, BloodRayne and the somewhat entertaining Kinect: Star Wars it couldn't be that bad. So as the year of 2012 went by...well AMC's The Walking Dead: The Video Game became The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct and that was all we heard from the game in 2012. Then in January 2013 it resurfaced to tell the world that in March 2013 in would release to the masses. With as little advertising as it had been given...my hopes for a great game were slowly diminishing. So here we and The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct has been released to the world. So here is my review.

Survival Instinct is an Survival/Action FPS set before the event's of the shows first season and tells the tale of what Daryl and Merle (Both Voiced by their TV counter parts Norman Reedus and Micheal Rooker) did before and eventually how they ended up in Atlanta. There's a story there but unfortunately not a very strong one which isn't great because The Walking Dead is known for good story telling. Gameplay-wise Survival Instinct has some really good concepts in place but it's sloppy execution brings it down, the whole survival element works well, scavenging for food, weapons, ammo and fuel, It's nice that you actually have to find these things. Fuel is vital to the game because you travel round in vehicles, which of course require fuel, so while you are scavenging so are also looking out for fuel. The survivors element is a big part of the game but is one of the most under-explored. You'll find people in the places you travel to and the mini-hubs you use to scavenge in. You usually take them in once you give them food or they'll just join you on your travels. They even have their own specialties and traits like some are stealthy and others tough, some prefer melee weapons and others guns. You can send them out on runs while you are out in the main areas, they can search for either food, fuel or ammo. When you send them out their is a chance for them to never come back, so for you to increase the chance of them returning equip them with their preferred traits and send out more than one out at a time. There will also come a time when you need to dismiss them if you find too many at a time but this is where it starts to lack, you dismiss them with a simple press out the X button and that is that, no cut-scene to see them off or beg for you to take them back, nothing. There's also the on the road scavenging where you can stop off at places like suburbs, gas stations, farm houses and other places and search for gas and supplies. There's also the chance that'll you'll break down in these areas and have to repair your vehicle by looking for car parts. On the actual gameplay side it works well, it combines stealth combat, melee combat and gun play, the way to play the game is more up close and personal because firearms make the most noise and rightly so, you should use your guns as a last resort unless you have a good amount of ammo to burn. With melee weapons you have your basic swing and power attack, it's better that you combine both you achieve maximum effectiveness, for example you should strike first with a simple swing and then follow up with a power strike. The graphics is where the game the game lacks most but I'm not judging the game on it, they are last years graphics, they aren't terrible but they just seem dated for this year. On the character model side Daryl and Merle look the best but other than that you'll be seeing variants of the same people and zombies...a lot. In the end most people will end up looking like each other with different hair style and colours. There is a lot of invisible walls in the game too, it restricts the game a hell of a lot and you can't go to places that you should be able to go. The last thing I wanna mention is the ending, the ending is left on a low note, plus it seems like a cliffhanger ending that set's up for a sequel? I dunno. In the end The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct is an enjoyable experience but lacks in the places where it should shine. There are so many good element's in this game that a few more months in a development could of improved on those areas but I expect Activision gave them a deadline and they did the best they could in the time they had. Personally I can see why the game is getting hate but I personally still enjoyed the game, It's The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct!
  5. Mar 24, 2013
    Let me start off by saying that i am a huge Walking Dead fan!! I absolutely love the show and the telltale game but that being said, dissapointing is really the only word i can use to describe this game. It had so much potential and could have been so much better!
  6. Mar 19, 2013
    Ok I'm now changing my review for this game to an 8.5. Sure it doesn't look or play like something you'd expect for our times but this one is a hell of a lot of fun. At times I can just wander around doing whatever and BOOM a zombie. The scares are here but it's what you make if it. This game really takes me back to the good old days of playing video games with this fun and scary style. IfOk I'm now changing my review for this game to an 8.5. Sure it doesn't look or play like something you'd expect for our times but this one is a hell of a lot of fun. At times I can just wander around doing whatever and BOOM a zombie. The scares are here but it's what you make if it. This game really takes me back to the good old days of playing video games with this fun and scary style. If you're a fan of zombies or just good old fashioned having fun and bringing back the memories you should get this for sure. Expand
  7. Mar 19, 2013
    This game is an average take trying to cash in on a above average show. If it wasnt titled The walking Dead it wouldnt even sell. I loved the show and the comic series but this game does nothing to enhance the series. The only things that gives feel to the series is killing zombies and the main characters are from the tv series. The rest is just average crap. You cant shoot throughThis game is an average take trying to cash in on a above average show. If it wasnt titled The walking Dead it wouldnt even sell. I loved the show and the comic series but this game does nothing to enhance the series. The only things that gives feel to the series is killing zombies and the main characters are from the tv series. The rest is just average crap. You cant shoot through chain link fences, no actual driving, maps are recycled, missions are just tacked on, lol at gas conservation and supply hunting. I went through the whole game with melee weapons which are superior to the guns. There is no reward for playing this game. Best advice play the Tell Tale version of the Walking Dead. For a real zombie shooter play left for dead 2. Expand
  8. Mar 21, 2013
    While it's not a good game I wouldn't exactly call it a cash in, as it's clear that developer Terminal Reality did try to make a good game. Unfortunately they didn't succeed. The evidence that they did actually try is in the games features. As far as presentation goes the game suffers. Graphics are ugly, dated, and really do look like they belong on the PS2. The sound ins't much better,While it's not a good game I wouldn't exactly call it a cash in, as it's clear that developer Terminal Reality did try to make a good game. Unfortunately they didn't succeed. The evidence that they did actually try is in the games features. As far as presentation goes the game suffers. Graphics are ugly, dated, and really do look like they belong on the PS2. The sound ins't much better, voice acting is generally pretty good and the fact that they got Norman Reedus and Michael Rooker to reprise their roles from the TV show is a great addition. But even their performances leave something to be desired. The story is decent but falls flat in the end as it never really does anything exciting. There are some moments that will bring a smile to any fans face, but their aren't enough of them. One moment the developers kept mentioning was how the game was gong to show you how Daryl received his crossbow, calling it "a big excalibur like moment". Well they lied, you do eventually get Daryl's crossbow, but it's just Merle giving it back. It lacks what I was expecting to be a pretty big moment. Speaking of Merle I was disappointed with how little he was in the game. So the story and presentation fall short, and unfortunately so does the gameplay. It's a first-person survival game. You'll have to manage supplies and survivors; scavenging for things like fuel to keep your car running and sending your group out on supply runs that they may not come back from. There's a surprising amount of player choice put in the game. You have to choose which survivors go with you, as there is only so much room in your vehicle. Speaking of vehicles, which are necessary in order to get to your next objective, you have to choose between vehicles that can either carry more supplies or survivors. On your way between missions your car could break down or run out of gas, or you could come across a road event. These optional events can give you access to new supplies, but can also get you eaten by walkers. You also have to choose which path you want to take to get to these missions, sometimes you can even choose between two different levels to play-through increasing replay value. This all sounds great, and it is in theory, but it's the core gameplay that brings the whole experience down. It's just not much fun to play, and can be down right tedious at times. Levels have you relying on stealth rather then you running-and-gunning your way through them. As a matter of a fact shooting guns will get you killed because it attracts tons of walkers to you so you have to rely on melee combat, but unfortunately melee combat is crappy. It takes to many hits to kill a walker, and while your hitting them they just stand there and take it. It's stupid, tedious, and boring. While shooting is generally not the focus, there are sections that practically require you to use guns because they send swarms of walkers after you. These sections are frustrating because the game puts a focus on avoiding large groups of walkers, and when they throw you in the middle of a small herd it can lead to a lot of cheap deaths. I could go on and on about how much Terminal Reality tried to make a good game but didn't succeed, but I think you get the point. It's worth a rental for Walking Dead just to see what it has to offer, but in the end it's a disappointing game that isn't worth your money or The Walking Dead name. Expand
  9. May 4, 2013
    I don't understand why all the hate. I mean, the game is far, FAR from being good but, by all means, it's as bad as it appears when you see all these bad reviews. It's not very polished and it does fell rushed but I honestly found it very interesting, challenging and tense. It preserves a strong TWD atmosphere and you really feel that you need to fight to survive. Unlike other games,I don't understand why all the hate. I mean, the game is far, FAR from being good but, by all means, it's as bad as it appears when you see all these bad reviews. It's not very polished and it does fell rushed but I honestly found it very interesting, challenging and tense. It preserves a strong TWD atmosphere and you really feel that you need to fight to survive. Unlike other games, this one is not about killing as many zombies as you can but, basically, surviving them. You are always poorly armed, fed and prepared and really need to think every step if you want to end a chapter alive. Additionally, the game brings a very interesting mini-game which is travelling: you have to manage and decide what road to take and who to take with. It is an ugly game, a poorly crafted game, but it really gives a simulation of surviving a zombie outbreak. It's not a good game, I give you that. But it's not a bad one either. Expand
  10. Mar 20, 2013
    The only thing that makes this game bad is the graphics but I didnt buy this game for the graphics I bought it for the story and I love zombie games. I'm guessing they had a low budget to create this game because it was $50 so I understand that the graphics would be out dated. The game play is good, not great but good enough for me, this game would be game of the year IF the graphics wereThe only thing that makes this game bad is the graphics but I didnt buy this game for the graphics I bought it for the story and I love zombie games. I'm guessing they had a low budget to create this game because it was $50 so I understand that the graphics would be out dated. The game play is good, not great but good enough for me, this game would be game of the year IF the graphics were like tomb raider or far cry. Some people scored this game a ZERO but that is not what it deserves I think 5 at the least. The music is nice and scary at times and my heart gets slow and fast when I enter a dark room because the music is awsome lol. But If you love the AMC walking dead tv series then this is the game you should get just because of the story. If you have a job then $50 should be like spending nothing. Expand
  11. Mar 22, 2013
    If you don't go into this game with the idea that it is going to be a triple A title, and just want to have fun, you're going to have a good time. Fans of The Walking Dead will enjoy the backstory of the Dixon bothers all the while going against the hordes of the undead. Graphically the game will disappoint everyone, but you can tell that Terminal Reality spent a majority of the productionIf you don't go into this game with the idea that it is going to be a triple A title, and just want to have fun, you're going to have a good time. Fans of The Walking Dead will enjoy the backstory of the Dixon bothers all the while going against the hordes of the undead. Graphically the game will disappoint everyone, but you can tell that Terminal Reality spent a majority of the production time on the gameplay mechanics instead. The stealth gameplay feels pretty natural, I love the stealth knife kills. It does seem odd at first how you take down a walker with melee in a one on one confrontation, but the game would be a bit too easy if you could just stab every walker in the brain when you encounter it. Gun play feels decent enough, and is something you want to avoid using because normally it will attract a horde of hungry walkers. The part I was looking forward to the least, micro-managing your group of survivors, is done well enough. Nice way to get some bonus gear, but it seems like a bit of an after thought and you never end up caring for these characters. All in all if you have your expectations in check and go in with an open mind, there is a lot to enjoy for the discounted price tag. Expand
  12. Mar 22, 2013
    Overall the game is pretty good. yes it does have some glitches and it was rushed out before it was to me complete and ready to ship out. I gave it a 7/10 because of the following: 1. it was a little on the short side 2. the survivors you encounter have little to no personality 3. the story was meh. Even with these faults I still found the good in the game, with a little polish and aOverall the game is pretty good. yes it does have some glitches and it was rushed out before it was to me complete and ready to ship out. I gave it a 7/10 because of the following: 1. it was a little on the short side 2. the survivors you encounter have little to no personality 3. the story was meh. Even with these faults I still found the good in the game, with a little polish and a different dev. and publisher (maybe like Ubisoft or EA) the next Walking Dead game will probably be good. I would only recommend this for people who are die hard fans and don't care what they get themselves into and get it for at least $20 $30 price range. Expand
  13. Apr 25, 2013
    It's certainly not the cutting edge of gaming technology, but not every game needs to be. The graphics are lacking, the enemy AI is completely wonky and the missions aren't as varied as most shooters at least try to be these days, but for some odd reason that doesn't bother me. It's certainly not the worst game i've played this year Cough Cough**Devil May Cry** but it was entertainingIt's certainly not the cutting edge of gaming technology, but not every game needs to be. The graphics are lacking, the enemy AI is completely wonky and the missions aren't as varied as most shooters at least try to be these days, but for some odd reason that doesn't bother me. It's certainly not the worst game i've played this year Cough Cough**Devil May Cry** but it was entertaining enough for me to not feel like a total wasted purchase. I suspect hardcore fans of the show will get more pleasure out of this than anybody. Taste is in the eye of the beholder, and while this won't be a GOTY contender by any stretch of the imagination, still a decent enough use of the license with excellent voice acting from Norman Reedus who captures his character perfectly and nice overall feel of the same universe the show tries to capture. Expand
  14. Aug 30, 2013
    I am going to review this game in point form +Prolouge to the show +A fairly new style of gameplay +fun weapons +somewhat scary -Outdated graphics -fetch this get that -headshots only -if you run for to long he stops and cries -short,left me like thats it? -story? what story? iI am going to review this game in point form +Prolouge to the show +A fairly new style of gameplay +fun weapons +somewhat scary -Outdated graphics -fetch this get that -headshots only -if you run for to long he stops and cries -short,left me like thats it? -story? what story? i dont recall a story!(story besides being based on show sucks). But really this game does deserve some hate but not as much as it gets people come on. I give it a 6.7 Expand
  15. May 11, 2013
    It isn't good or excellent, it's just not as bad as some say and can even be fun at times, I've seen a lot worse movie licensed games, this one at least isn't one of them.
  16. Aug 21, 2013
    It wasn't everything i wanted from my favourite show becoming a game however despite all of its flaw to which there are a few i still had a lot fun with it and who doesn't want to be daryl dixon.
  17. Dec 22, 2013
    The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct is good only for one group of people: fans of the series. If you are a fan, especially one of Daryl Dixon, this is a recommendable experience. If not, do not waste your money.
  18. Dec 15, 2014
    This game is not as bad as people make out. Short game? yes. maybe because you are actually meant to play the game several different ways! On your journey you plot your path on a map, using a high, medium, or low fuel consumption, and you are given the option to stop and scavenge locations along the way., (e.g. use low fuel by taking a backroad, but have less to scavenge.) You will beThis game is not as bad as people make out. Short game? yes. maybe because you are actually meant to play the game several different ways! On your journey you plot your path on a map, using a high, medium, or low fuel consumption, and you are given the option to stop and scavenge locations along the way., (e.g. use low fuel by taking a backroad, but have less to scavenge.) You will be dropped off at points like farmhouses and small villages, to scavenge for weapons, fuel and ammo. Once in each main mission area, there more supplies to scavenge and survivors to reccruit, do a simple fetch quest and they will join your team, completing the game with a certain survivor/s will give you perks on your next playthrough, such as stronger melee, better sneaking or even infinite ammo. each survivor gives you a different perk. These help greatly on your second playthrough. you can take all alternate roads and have a near different game (although with the same story). The best part of the game is the voice acting. Norman Reedus and Michael Rooker voice their characters(Daryl and Merle), and its interesting to see how the apocalypse started for Daryl. Daryls in game animations and quotes fit perfectly for how he acts in the series, his silent takedown feels very much... Daryl like. Shooting is fun, although its better if you have the silenced weapons perk from saving a specific survivor. Daryls crossbow is also fun to use, although it should have came earlier in the game. Melee weapons are used as primary, although you could probably only manage to fend off 3 walkers with a hammer, as the animation times are sluggsh, and it takes 3 - 4 hits to the head for a walker go down. I does have a walking dead feel to it, and i like the choices you can make, although there are only 3 or 4 zombie models to see, and walkers often appear on a path you have cleared and leave you wondering how there appeared in that kitchen when all doors were closed behind you.
    Its a great first person zombie survival game in which you can use stealth, brute force, run and hide, or dodge every walker, if you can master the stamina consumption. Different ways to play give you a good sense of choice and adventure, but underlying, problems suchs as unrealistic damage, zombie clones and a story that is lacking, hinder the gameplay. Oh i forgot graphics! maybe because i didnt notice them to be good or bad. The graphics are standard.
    Overall I enjoyed the game, i picked it up preowned for £10 and wasnt dissapointed.
  19. Jan 3, 2016
    OK hear me out. I know a lot of people are going to throw a temper tantrum because I've given this game an above average rating. I'm going to say it again, hear me out. Yes this game is flawed but is it as bad as people say it is, a game that was even nominated for the worst game of the year awards online. The answer to that is no. I see that this game has flaws but I still enjoyed my timeOK hear me out. I know a lot of people are going to throw a temper tantrum because I've given this game an above average rating. I'm going to say it again, hear me out. Yes this game is flawed but is it as bad as people say it is, a game that was even nominated for the worst game of the year awards online. The answer to that is no. I see that this game has flaws but I still enjoyed my time with it.

Does the game succeed in what it was made to be? No. It fails miserably to be a backstory to Daryl Dixon from the TV series. Mainly because the game is miserably short and can be completed in around 6 hours. Which should tell you that it doesn't give much backstory except it reveals only a tiny bit more about Daryl's family and how he got his crossbow. That might sound reasonable enough to some but the thing is these subjects are given a back seat to the rest of the game and these topics are only given about 5 mins of attention for the whole game. So for those wanting a backstory about Daryl you aren't going to get what you're looking for.

But what about the rest of the game? Like I said before I recognise the game's flaws. Random encounters that you have during your travels are repeated way too often. They could easily add more levels. Some of the textures are quite bad but most of the game looks OK. Walker/Zombie AI is also bad for the most part.

But I still found quite a bit to like in Survival instinct. I had to think during the situations I was in, I had to think of how I could get through certain situations. Like once I was faced with a horde of walkers coming in through the only 2 exits to the building I was in and I only had 4 bullets, so the only logical thing that I could think of in that short time I had to think as they were coming through the door was to run. I liked how the game had me think of what I would do in that situation unlike Telltale's walking dead where you are given options right in front of you.

I found the stealth mechanics quite good in the game quite good. There is all sorts of stuff that are on the floor like cans and paper that you could accidentally step on that cold alert a walker to your presence. So you need to keep paying attention to what you could stand on.

I had fun just assembling my squad of survivors and sending them out behind the scenes to scour for items while I got on with the main mission.

Guns are handled quite well as well, similar to litter on the floor guns can alert walkers to your presence but guns are also handy forgetting you out of bad situations but ammo is scarce, like in the show and comics.

I wouldn't exactly say I like Survival Instinct but I think it deserves better treatment than what people and critics are giving it. I'm not saying we should bow down to the now shut down company Terminal Reality or Activision for coming up with a pure gem but I'm also not saying to throw toilet paper at their headquarters. In my opinion it's above average and nothing more.

Pros
    + Good managing of survivors
    + Good gunplay
    + Slightest sound can alert a walker
    + Good voice work by Norman Reedus and Michael Rooker
    + Good stealth mechanics
    + Made me think during badsituations
    Cons
    - Short
    - Bad AI
    - Bad backstory
    - Some bad textures
    - Random encounters are repeated way too often
  20. Mar 22, 2016

I found the stealth mechanics quite good in the game. There is all sorts of stuff that are on the floor like cans and paper that you could accidentally step on that cold alert a walker to your presence. So you need to keep paying attention to what you could stand on.

21. Mar 20, 2013
    Anyone who is writing reviews saying that this game is great is totally lying to you or work for Activision/Terminal Velocity. We played this at the gamestop store and it reminded us of a really poorly designed free ipad game. The graphics are on par with a PS1 bargain bin game. The gameplay is atrocious. Zombies mechanically move about the screen and disappear into the air after youAnyone who is writing reviews saying that this game is great is totally lying to you or work for Activision/Terminal Velocity. We played this at the gamestop store and it reminded us of a really poorly designed free ipad game. The graphics are on par with a PS1 bargain bin game. The gameplay is atrocious. Zombies mechanically move about the screen and disappear into the air after you defeat them. For a system as powerful as the PS3 to have enemies disappear after you defeat them is just lazy on the part of the programmers. Sure they will probably sucker quite a lot of fans of the series to buy the trite garbage, but give it a month at least because it will be $19.99 or less. This game really should have been $9.99 on the Play Station Network, the other $40 probably is going to licensing of the Walking Dead product. Ugh and if you do decide to play this garbage, just wait for the ending....its truly pathetic. If you dont believe me, the Youtube reviews of this game speak for itself. Im not lying Collapse

1. Official PlayStation Magazine Benelux
    Aug 25, 2013
    You can send out fellow survivors on scavenging missions, the downside of this is that they can fail or , even worse, die. Unfortunately the number of goods they collect is so abysmal you won't care if they make it back or not. [May 2013, p.88]
  2. Play UK
    May 27, 2013
    Genuinely one of the worst games we've ever played. [Issue#231, p.74]
  3. Playstation Official Magazine Australia
    May 21, 2013
    It almost feels as though developer Terminal Reality ran out of money, right on the home stretch. If only the game was shot in the head long before it ever got to that point. [June 2013, p79]