4.4

1. Jan 3, 2012
    Certainly it is not a masterpiece. But anger is useless against this game. I's not extraordinary, but it gets the job done nicely. In my opinion is a bit boring, but it's still pretty funny. My vote is very high, so as to balance the other reviews.
  2. Mar 27, 2014
    This game has a very unfair reputation. It's not a true 9 or 10 game by any means. I'm giving it a 9 based on the amount of fun I have with the game. The lack of polish alone is what seems to be the biggest culprit with all the bad reviews. Underneath the very inconsistent graphics, is some engaging and fun combat. It just takes some time to get used to the timing of the controls.This game has a very unfair reputation. It's not a true 9 or 10 game by any means. I'm giving it a 9 based on the amount of fun I have with the game. The lack of polish alone is what seems to be the biggest culprit with all the bad reviews. Underneath the very inconsistent graphics, is some engaging and fun combat. It just takes some time to get used to the timing of the controls. Many people mention the comparisons to GOW games. I loved GOW3, and I had nearly the same amount of fun with this game. It's unfair to compare the two games in any way other than the style of combat. GOW 3 wins every category. But, Thor is still a fun game despite the ugly (at times) graphics, occasional glitches, and the very unfortunate lack of testing the developers had regarding the last couple of chapters of the game. (Hint: manual save prior to the Defending Asgard chapter) Pick this game up on the cheap, and don't give up after the first couple of chapters. It takes some time to get warmed up. Expand

1. Jul 26, 2011
    Thor: God of Thunder is a reminder to players of how licensed titles can be quite lackluster. Bad sound balancing, unresponsive controls, and less than mediocre graphics make for a game that feels like it was released prematurely.
  2. Jun 26, 2011
    You'll find no joy in smiting these pitiful excuses for minions. [Issue#206, p.88]
  3. Everything works and it will kill a few hours, but only in a rubber-necking, see-where-it-goes kind of way. [July 2011, p.103]